时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Hello, keen viewers. | 各位热情的观众们好啊 |
[00:04] | My name is Walter O’Brien, and you are watching | 我叫沃特·奥布莱恩 你正在收看 |
[00:06] | the seminal episode of Walt’s Whiz Kidz. | 《沃特神童》的试播集 |
[00:09] | Now, today, we will be learning | 今天 我们要学习 |
[00:11] | the most basic concepts of physics: | 物理学最基本的概念 |
[00:13] | acceleration, deceleration,velocity, gravity, | 加速度 减速度 速度 重力 |
[00:16] | Newton’s laws of motion, thermodynamics, impact force… | 牛顿运动定律 热力学 冲击力 |
[00:19] | What kid besides Ralph is gonna understand all that? | 除了拉尔夫 有哪个孩子能听懂这么多啊 |
[00:22] | Now we will be doing this via the classic egg drop experiment. | 我们要用经典的鸡蛋下落实验来讲解这些概念 |
[00:26] | I have already explained the aforementioned concepts | 我已经向我们的神童们解释了刚刚提到的 |
[00:29] | to our Whiz Kidz, who are going to use homemade contraptions | 那些概念 而他们将使用自制装备 |
[00:32] | to protect their eggs from a 12-foot drop. | 来保护从3米多高处掉下来的鸡蛋 |
[00:36] | Ready, Whiz Kidz? | 准备好了吗 神童 |
[00:37] | Ready! | 准备好了 |
[00:38] | – Okay! – Ready! | -好 -准备好了 |
[00:40] | Okay, let them drop! | 好 丢下来吧 |
[00:45] | Okay, cut, cut, cut. | 好 停 |
[00:46] | Why is Ralph the only one getting this? | 为什么只有拉尔夫理解了 |
[00:48] | I told you, it’s so simple. | 我都说了 很简单的 |
[00:50] | You increase the egg’s drag to generate friction, | 增加鸡蛋的阻力来产生摩擦力 |
[00:52] | turning its kinetic energy into heat to combat gravity, | 将其动能转化为热量来抵抗重力 |
[00:56] | reducing its acceleration over the longest period of time possible | 尽可能长得减少其加速度 |
[00:59] | to reduce the impact when it hits the ground, okay? | 来减小它撞击地面时的冲击力 好吗 |
[01:03] | Okay, let’s try again. Take six. | 我们再试试吧 第六条 |
[01:10] | Wayne, did you just write “Gravity” | 韦恩 你是在鸡蛋上写了 |
[01:12] | on your egg and drop it? | “重力”然后就丢下来了吗 |
[01:16] | Everyone just calls him “Meatball”” | 大家都喊他”肉球” |
[01:19] | You sure you want Walt hosting your public access science show? | 你确定你要沃特主持你的科普节目吗 |
[01:23] | Well, I got the funding for it. I can’t be the face of it, too. | 我已经拉了赞助 不能再做主持了 |
[01:25] | Conflict of interest. | 有利益冲突 |
[01:28] | Yeah, good luck. I got to go. | 祝你好运 我得走了 |
[01:29] | I got to pick up Allie for a little R, R and R. | 我要接艾莉一起RR[休息放松]&R |
[01:32] | What’s the extra “R” for? | 第三个R是什么意思 |
[01:33] | Romance. | 浪漫 |
[01:39] | – Here you go, mister. – Oh, Meatball! | -给 先生 -肉球 |
[01:41] | Haven’t you ever heard of salmonella?! | 你没听说过沙门氏菌吗 |
[01:43] | Patty, what are you doing? | 帕蒂 你在干什么 |
[01:44] | Taking PR pictures for your reelection campaign. | 为你的再选竞选拍公关照片 |
[01:46] | Reelection? I just had an election. | 再选 我刚选举完 |
[01:49] | That was a year ago, and it’s a two-year term. | 那是一年前了 而你的任期是两年 |
[01:51] | Time to start pounding the pavement. | 该开始做准备了 |
[01:53] | Already lined up an endorsement meeting | 已经为你安排了赞助会面 |
[01:54] | with the powerful library committee, | 是跟实力雄厚的图书馆委员会 |
[01:56] | a photo op at the Warlock’s Chest, | 还有在魔法师之胸的宣传照拍摄 |
[01:58] | and an interview with my old friends at the West Altadenia Shopper. | 还有跟我《西艾塔尼亚购物者报》的老朋友做个采访 |
[02:01] | If I spend all my time campaigning, I won’t be able | 如果我把时间都花在竞选上 就没法 |
[02:02] | to advance my anti-bullying platform, | 推动我的反霸凌主张 |
[02:04] | or get funding for my piezoelectric walkway. | 或是为我的压电人行道拉到资金了 |
[02:07] | You’re finally starting to get politics. | 你终于开始了解政治了 |
[02:09] | My schedule is so full up with aldermanning and Scorpion, | 我的日程被做议员和做天蝎占满了 |
[02:13] | I don’t know if I want to run for reelection. | 我都不知道我是不是想参加再选 |
[02:16] | Who cares what you want? | 谁管你想要什么 |
[02:18] | You’ve cut the town’s electric usage | 你重新设计了街灯 |
[02:19] | by redesigning street lamps. | 而降低了镇耗电量 |
[02:21] | You lowered pollution and commute time | 你协调红绿灯 |
[02:23] | by synchronizing traffic lights, | 降低了污染量和通勤时间 |
[02:24] | and now you’re producing a science show for kids. | 现在 你又在为孩子制作一档科普节目 |
[02:27] | You’re effective. | 你很有效 |
[02:28] | And I want to graduate with honors, | 而且我希望能以优异成绩毕业 |
[02:29] | and getting a nobody elected twice guarantees it. | 如果能帮无名小卒两次中选我就稳了 |
[02:33] | Here’s some more. | 又来了 |
[02:35] | Seriously?! | 不是吧 |
[02:39] | Thank you for your time today. | 感谢你今天拨冗 |
[02:42] | Um, my latest chemical endeavor | 我最新的化学发明 |
[02:44] | harnesses the power of the invisible light spectrum | 可以汲取不可见光的能量 |
[02:47] | by creating a translucent, | 办法是创造一个透明的 |
[02:51] | luminescent solar concentrator | 冷光太阳能集光器 |
[02:53] | that is capable of converting infrared light | 它可以将红外光转变成 |
[02:56] | into an electrical current… | 电流 |
[02:58] | Stop. Just stop. | 打住 |
[02:59] | Investors are not interested in the science behind your invention. | 投资人不会想了解你发明背后的科学道理的 |
[03:03] | But then, how will they know what they’re investing in? | 那他们怎么知道他们投资了什么 |
[03:05] | They’re either investing in a winner or loser, | 他们投资的是赢家或输家 |
[03:07] | so just show them how they make money. | 所以告诉他们怎么能挣钱就好 |
[03:09] | If you can’t explain it to them in one sentence, | 如果你不能用一句话让他们明白 |
[03:11] | then they’ll know which of the two they’re investing in. | 他们就清楚你是哪一种了 |
[03:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:15] | Then, with your investment, | 那么 如果你肯投资 |
[03:17] | I can make translucent solar panels | 我可以制作透明太阳能板 |
[03:19] | to replace everyday windows and cut energy bills. | 来替换普通窗户 而节省电费 |
[03:21] | There. Wasn’t so hard, was it? | 好了 不难吧 |
[03:25] | Okay. Thank you for your help. | 好 谢谢你帮忙 |
[03:27] | Not a problem. Good luck. | 不客气 祝你好运 |
[03:31] | Oh, if you’re looking for more eggs, we’re out. | 如果你还想要鸡蛋 我们没了 |
[03:33] | Yes, that’s ’cause Ralph is the only Whiz Kid that I have here. | 是啊 因为拉尔夫是我唯一的神童 |
[03:36] | The rest are useless! | 其他都是废物 |
[03:38] | That means they’re just regular kids. | 那么他们只是普通孩子 |
[03:40] | Be patient. | 耐心点 |
[03:41] | You mean, like you were with Florence? | 就像你对弗洛伦斯那样吗 |
[03:44] | I heard you giving her notes on her investor’s speech. | 我听到你给她提关于投资人推介的建议了 |
[03:47] | A little harsh. | 有点粗暴了吧 |
[03:48] | I was being direct… to help her. | 我只是有话直说 想帮她 |
[03:52] | You sure it doesn’t have anything to do | 你确定这跟我们在我梦里 |
[03:54] | with, um… us kissing in my dream? | 接吻的事毫无关系吗 |
[03:58] | Wow, what an ego. | 好自大啊 |
[04:01] | For the last time, I am fine with your dream. | 最后说一次 我不介意你的梦 |
[04:03] | It all happened when you were dying, | 那时你差点要死了 |
[04:04] | and Toby told me it wasn’t a big deal, | 托比告诉我那没什么了 |
[04:07] | so it’d be illogical for me | 所以逻辑上来讲 |
[04:09] | to feel anything but okay, right? | 我应该完全接受的 是吧 |
[04:12] | Good. Well, in that case, uh, can I ask you a favor? | 很好 那样的话 可以请你帮个忙吗 |
[04:16] | I need eggs. | 我需要鸡蛋 |
[04:19] | That’s the last of them! | 真的没了 |
[04:21] | Lots of them. | 需要很多 |
[04:36] | Not bad. | 不赖啊 |
[04:38] | Not bad at all, Gallo. | 真不赖 格洛 |
[04:40] | You ready for a weekend of no work, | 准备好享受没有工作 没有案子 |
[04:43] | no cases, no Scorpion? | 没有天蝎的周末了吗 |
[04:46] | Sounds like a plan. | 听上去不错 |
[04:52] | I thought we had the place to ourselves. | 我以为这里只有我们呢 |
[04:54] | So did I. | 我也以为 |
[04:55] | Then what? A… A prowler? | 那是什么 小偷吗 |
[04:58] | Wait here. | 等在这里 |
[05:20] | Don’t move, scumbag. | 别动 人渣 |
[05:23] | Toby? | 托比 |
[05:24] | Cabe, what are you doing here? | 凯布 你怎么在这儿 |
[05:25] | I’m on vacation. What are you doing? | 我在度假 你在干什么 |
[05:27] | You got to get out of here. Ju– g-get the hell out of here, man. | 快走 你快走 |
[05:29] | Okay, perv, I put it on… | 好了 变态 我穿上了… |
[05:34] | Weekend ruined. | 周末被毁了 |
[05:35] | No, no, no! No, no, no! | 不不 |
[05:36] | Don’t take it off! | 别脱 |
[05:40] | Congratulations, Cabe. | 恭喜 凯布 |
[05:41] | You got her out of that outfit faster than I ever could’ve. | 我都从来没能让她那么快脱掉那身衣服 |
[05:43] | What are you doing in my lighthouse? | 你怎么会在我的灯塔里 |
[05:45] | Your lighthouse? We booked this. | 你的灯塔 我们定了这里 |
[05:47] | I’ve been talking about bringing Allie to this place for weeks. | 我好几周来一直说要带艾莉来这里 |
[05:49] | No duh. It sounded so good, we booked it, too. | 是啊 听上去很棒 我们就也定了 |
[05:51] | Not for this weekend, you didn’t. | 不是这周末啊 |
[05:53] | It says right here | 这里写的 |
[05:54] | that it’s our lighthouse today, the 22nd. | 今天 22日 灯塔属于我们 |
[05:59] | Well, I got confirmation… | 我确认了是 |
[06:01] | Crap. | 该死 |
[06:03] | The 27th. | 27日 |
[06:04] | Happens to the best of us. | 难免的 |
[06:05] | Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. | 出门的时候别撞到了 |
[06:06] | Wait, wait, whoa, whoa, wait. Can we-we trade the dates? | 等等 我们能交换日子吗 |
[06:09] | This weekend’s kind of important. | 这周末挺重要的 |
[06:10] | More important than two geniuses populating the Earth | 比俩天才为世界制造一个超级宝宝 |
[06:12] | with a superbaby? | 更重要吗 |
[06:14] | Just hear him out. | 让他说完嘛 |
[06:15] | The mood’s already killed. | 反正已经没气氛了 |
[06:16] | Are you proud of yourself, Cabe? | 你开心了吗 凯布 |
[06:17] | She’s in normal clothes now. | 她现在穿着正常衣服了 |
[06:18] | Normal clothes. | 正常衣服 |
[06:21] | I didn’t mean to bust up your Cleopatra/pirate story, | 我不是故意打断这场埃及艳后海盗play |
[06:24] | but now that it’s over, can you do me a solid? | 但现在已经结束了 你能不能帮我个忙 |
[06:27] | I was really planning on telling Allie that I’m in love with her. | 我打算跟艾莉说 我爱上了她 |
[06:33] | You haven’t told her already? | 你还没告诉她吗 |
[06:35] | Assumed you had. You’ve been going out for months. | 我以为你早就说了 你们都约会几个月了 |
[06:37] | I’m old-fashioned. | 我比较传统 |
[06:38] | You’re old everything. | 你什么都老 |
[06:41] | The only gal I’ve ever said those words to is my ex-wife. | 那些话我只对我前妻一个女人说过 |
[06:45] | I never thought I’d say them to another woman again, | 我从没想过会跟其他女人这样说 |
[06:47] | but since I almost went to the slammer, | 但我差点就进了监狱 |
[06:51] | I’m not gonna hold back anymore. | 所以我不打算再憋着了 |
[06:58] | You are lucky that my old lady has a soft spot for you. | 还好我老婆对你心软了 |
[07:01] | We’ll, uh, just take our procreation weekend on the road. | 我们就在路上完成造人大业吧 |
[07:06] | Okay, good. I owe you one. | 好 算我欠你人情 |
[07:08] | You know, actually, | 要不这样 |
[07:10] | maybe you could lend us one of your old FBI jackets. | 你可以借我们一件联调局的旧夹克穿 |
[07:13] | For, um, reasons. | 我们…有用处 |
[07:27] | I get Patty’s position, but being an alderman is exhausting. | 我能理解帕蒂的处境 但当市议员也太累了 |
[07:32] | I mean, I-I haven’t played Fantasies & Frolics in weeks. | 我都好几个礼拜没有玩”极乐幻想”了 |
[07:35] | But I have things that I want to accomplish. Dreams. | 但我也有想要实现的东西 我有梦想 |
[07:38] | Seems everyone has dreams. | 谁都有梦 |
[07:40] | Some about their futures, some about their neighbors. | 有人梦想着未来 有人梦到邻居 |
[07:44] | I thought you were okay with Walt’s dream. | 你不是不介意沃特的梦吗 |
[07:47] | Toby said it was meaningless. | 托比说了没有意义的 |
[07:50] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[07:54] | Let’s go. We need to move faster, people. | 加油 我们得加快速度 各位 |
[07:56] | – Ralph’s done already. – Nice camera. | -拉尔夫已经弄完了 -相机不错 |
[07:58] | Huge improvement over Johann Zahn’s. | 比约翰·赞恩的好多了 |
[08:01] | Huh? What? | 什么 |
[08:03] | Johann Zahn. | 约翰·赞恩 |
[08:04] | Inventor of the camera. | 发明相机的人 |
[08:06] | What about him? I was cropping pictures. | 他怎么了 我刚才在剪照片 |
[08:09] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[08:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:13] | You almost finished retrofitting your contraptions? | 你的发明改造完了吗 |
[08:19] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我 |
[08:20] | It’s a power surge. | 是电脉冲 |
[08:21] | Here, stay away from anything plugged in. S-Stay put. | 远离一切带电的东西 不要动 |
[08:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[08:25] | Our cell network and Internet are down. | 通讯信号和网络信号都没了 |
[08:28] | Let’s see. | 来看看 |
[08:31] | Anyone on? | 有人在吗 |
[08:32] | You got me, Toby, Cabe and Allie. | 我在 托比 凯布和艾莉 |
[08:35] | And you’ve got Paige and Sly. | 还有佩吉和希尔 |
[08:37] | What-what are we dealing with? | 现在是什么情况 |
[08:38] | For starters, Cabe ruined our weekend. | 首先 凯布毁了我们的周末 |
[08:40] | Shut up. There was a flash, now there’s no power, | 闭嘴 闪了一下 然后就停电了 |
[08:43] | and there’s not a light source on the coast. | 整条海岸线上一片黑暗 |
[08:45] | Whole sky’s glowing green. | 整个天空都是荧光绿色 |
[08:46] | Is it some kind of attack? | 这是人为袭击吗 |
[08:48] | No. The aurora that you’re seeing is the northern lights. | 不 你看到的是北极光 |
[08:51] | The fact that you’re seeing it in Southern California | 我们在南加州看到 |
[08:53] | is a sign that we’ve been hit by a solar storm. | 就说明我们被太阳风暴击中了 |
[08:56] | A what? | 什么 |
[08:57] | Sometimes there is a plasma eruption on the sun. | 有时候太阳会喷发出许多等离子体 |
[09:00] | Now, plasma contains charged particles | 等离子体中包含带电粒子 |
[09:02] | that, when it hits Earth, | 一旦接触到地球 |
[09:03] | causes numerous issues due to radiation | 就会与地球辐射和磁感电流 |
[09:06] | and geomagnetic-induced current. | 发生无数剧烈反应 |
[09:08] | This knocks out the power grid | 导致所有电网停电 |
[09:09] | and satellites, GPS and cell towers. | 卫星 导航和信号塔崩溃 |
[09:12] | Almost everything that was plugged in when this hit | 基本上所有插着电的东西 一旦遭遇太阳风暴 |
[09:14] | is fried beyond repair. | 就会当场烧坏无法修复 |
[09:15] | Last time this happened was in 1989, | 上次遇到这种问题是在1989年 |
[09:17] | when a grid in Quebec was knocked out for over six hours. | 当时魁北克的电网直接崩溃了六个小时 |
[09:20] | And that’s nothing compared to the worst solar storm on record, | 这与历史上最大的太阳风暴相比不算什么 |
[09:21] | the 1859 Carrington Event. | 1859年卡林顿事件 |
[09:23] | Grid was hit so hard that all communication went offline. | 当时电网遭受剧烈影响 所有通讯直接瘫痪 |
[09:26] | And back then, it was just telegraphs. But now? | 当时只是电报 可现在呢 |
[09:29] | We could be looking at a power and communication blackout | 这种没有电力也没有通讯的日子 |
[09:31] | that could last several years. | 可能会持续几年 |
[09:32] | So how do we find out the extent of this solar storm | 那我们该怎么判定这次太阳风暴的范围 |
[09:34] | if we can’t call anyone or look up the news? | 无法联系任何人 也不能看新闻 |
[09:36] | We could use a ham radio. | 可以用业余无线电 |
[09:38] | Uh, solar radiation knocks out higher frequencies, | 太阳风暴会破坏所有高频通讯 |
[09:40] | but we can still reach people on lower frequencies– | 但还是可以用低频渠道联系 |
[09:43] | the same reason why our comms are still working. | 也正因如此我们的通讯还能正常工作 |
[09:45] | Mm. Unfortunately, I left my ham radio | 不幸的是 我的业余无线电 |
[09:47] | and my Dick Tracy decoder ring | 还有我的至尊神探解码环 |
[09:48] | back at my apartment. | 都放在公寓里了 |
[09:49] | Well, I have one, in the garage, | 我有一部 在车库里 |
[09:51] | under the ramp, in my solar storm go-bag, | 斜坡下面的太阳风暴急救包里 |
[09:53] | next to my earthquake go-bag | 旁边是地震急救包 |
[09:55] | and my financial collapse go-bag. | 还有破产急救包 |
[09:57] | I’ll get it. | 我去拿 |
[09:58] | Sly, hey. Remember our talk about the difference | 希尔 记不记得我们曾经说过 |
[10:01] | between obsession and preparation? | 充分准备和强迫症是有区别的 |
[10:03] | Guess which way you’re leaning, buddy. | 你觉得你偏向哪一边 兄弟 |
[10:04] | Do you want a ham radio or not? | 你到底要不要业余无线电 |
[10:07] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[10:10] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[10:11] | I want my parents. | 我想找爸妈 |
[10:13] | That’s not possible, Melanie. | 不可能 梅兰妮 |
[10:15] | Traffic lights are out all over, | 交通信号灯都灭了 |
[10:17] | and there’s gridlock and mass confusion. | 到处都是交通堵塞 人员拥堵 |
[10:18] | – Oh, comics! – So there’s a good chance | -动漫 -所以很有可能 |
[10:19] | that you won’t see your parents for days. | 你好几天都不会见到爸妈了 |
[10:21] | Dude. | 哥们 |
[10:22] | Walter, she’s ten. | 沃特 她才十岁 |
[10:24] | So she should understand the concept of traffic. Ah, ha. | 所以她应该理解交通运作的规律 |
[10:27] | Here we are. Ham radio. | 找到了 业余无线电 |
[10:28] | Now I just need to find a monitored frequency. | 接下来只要找到有人收听的频道就行 |
[10:31] | Try 146.52. | 试试146.52 |
[10:34] | That’s a Homeland emergency channel. | 是国安部的应急频道 |
[10:36] | Hello? Anyone there? | 有人吗 有人听得到吗 |
[10:38] | Sir, this is a government channel. | 先生 这是政府频道 |
[10:40] | I need you to leave it immediately. | 请立刻下线 |
[10:41] | Just give them my badge number. | 把我的警徽号告诉他们 |
[10:42] | Homeland badge number 2-8-3-5. | 国安部警徽号2835 |
[10:45] | Hold for verification. | 稍等确认下 |
[10:46] | Agent Gallo, how can we help? | 格洛探员 有什么需要帮助的吗 |
[10:48] | Uh, this is actually Walter O’Brien of Scorpion | 我是天蝎团队的沃特·奥布莱恩 |
[10:50] | working with Agent Gallo. | 正在与格洛探员合作 |
[10:51] | Now, he would like an update and advice as to how we can assist. | 他希望各位能够告知现状 我们愿意帮忙 |
[10:54] | We’re still gathering intel. | 目前还在收集信息 |
[10:55] | All of this is preliminary data, | 现在还只是初步数据 |
[10:57] | but most of the power grid and comms are down in SoCal. | 但南加利福尼亚大部分电网和通讯已经瘫痪 |
[11:00] | Emergency services have mobilized to get power back up | 应急服务组已经开始行动 |
[11:03] | to the most vulnerable: hospitals and retirement homes, | 恢复最需要的电力 医院和养老院 |
[11:06] | but if you want to assist, we have an aircraft issue. | 如果你们想帮忙 有架飞机出了问题 |
[11:09] | Well, major airlines have backup systems | 大型航空公司都有备用系统 |
[11:10] | to maintain GPS and communications, | 可以继续导航和通讯 |
[11:12] | so I’m assuming a private plane? | 看来是私人飞机了 |
[11:14] | Correct. There were 25 smaller craft in the process of landing | 没错 太阳风暴来袭时 一共有25架小飞机 |
[11:18] | when the solar flare struck. | 正在降落过程中 |
[11:19] | But we are missing one seaplane | 但有一架于凌晨5点半 |
[11:21] | that took off from San Francisco at 5:30 | 从旧金山飞往洛杉矶的水上飞机 |
[11:23] | with a flight plan for L.A. | 还处于失联状态 |
[11:24] | The pilot is not instrument rated. | 飞行员没有仪表飞行执照 |
[11:26] | That means he can’t fly at night. | 就是说他没办法夜间飞行 |
[11:28] | We believe his comms and navigation are down, | 他的通讯和导航已经失灵 |
[11:30] | which means he’s flying blind. | 也就是说他正在盲飞 |
[11:32] | We are putting out a million fires here at once. | 我们现在要处理的事情特别多 |
[11:34] | Can you and Agent Gallo handle this one? | 你和格洛探员能不能处理这个 |
[11:36] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[11:38] | Uh, uh, Walt, hey. | 等等 沃特 |
[11:40] | We can hear the ham radio over the comms. | 我们能听到你们的沟通 |
[11:42] | Why would you agree to that? | 你为什么答应了她 |
[11:43] | It’s an impossible task. | 这个任务简直不可能完成 |
[11:47] | Because if we don’t help, who will? | 因为假如我们不帮忙 还有谁能帮 |
[11:50] | Great, so all we have to do is find a tiny seaplane | 棒极了 我们不过是需要在一片漆黑的夜空中 |
[11:52] | in the middle of a pitch-black sky. | 找一架小小的水上飞机而已 |
[11:54] | That’s flying somewhere between San Fran and L.A. | 它可是正处于旧金山和洛杉矶之间随便某处啊 |
[11:56] | With no working instruments. | 并且没有可用的仪器 |
[11:57] | Before it crashes or runs out of fuel. | 最后可能会坠机或者没油 |
[12:00] | But if we do our part, whoever’s on the stick, they’ll do theirs. | 但假如我们这边尽力帮忙 飞机上的人也会尽力的 |
[12:04] | Those flyboys have nerves of steel. | 那些飞行员都有着钢铁般的意志 |
[12:07] | Mayday, Mayday, come in! Mayday! | 救命 救命 有没有人 救命 |
[12:10] | I can’t get in touch with anyone. | 我联系不上任何人 |
[12:12] | No one can help us. | 没有人能帮我们 |
[12:29] | So, what’s the plan? | 现在有什么计划 |
[12:32] | Okay, we have three tasks. | 好的 我们有三个任务 |
[12:34] | One: find the plane; two: make contact with the pilot, | 第一 找到飞机 第二 和飞行员取得联系 |
[12:36] | and three: guide him to safety. | 第三 指引他安全降落 |
[12:38] | Uh, how do we find the plane? | 我们要如何找到飞机 |
[12:39] | The sky’s a pretty big place. | 天空可是很大一片区域啊 |
[12:42] | Okay, we know the plane took off at 5:30 | 好吧 我们知道飞机是5:30起飞的 |
[12:44] | and FAA regulations require | 美国联邦航空局规定 |
[12:46] | pilots to stay at their altitude | 在失联的情况下 |
[12:48] | and en route if they lose communication. | 飞行员要保持在同一高度及航线 |
[12:51] | Sly, that should be enough to do some quick math with that data. | 希尔 这些应该够你用数据速算一下了 |
[12:54] | Theoretically, but I can’t approximate the plane’s locale | 理论上是的 但在不知道飞机最大速度 油量 |
[12:56] | without its max speed, its fuel and its weight, | 以及重量的情况下 我无法估算飞机的位置 |
[12:58] | stuff I normally grab off the Internet. | 通常我可以在网上找到这些信息 |
[13:00] | But since the cell service is down, | 但既然手机服务已经用不了了 |
[13:02] | I don’t think I can do that. | 我觉得我没办法了 |
[13:03] | You need plane data? Get in. | 你需要飞机数据 上车 |
[13:06] | There’s an aviation school nearby that has info on every aircraft, | 这附近有个飞行学校 里面有所有飞机的信息 |
[13:09] | standard flight patterns… | 以及标准的飞行模式 |
[13:10] | Ralph had a field trip there. | 拉尔夫之前去那里参观过 |
[13:12] | How many trips does that kid go on? | 那孩子到底参观了多少地方 |
[13:13] | Too many. | 太多了 |
[13:15] | Great thinking, Paige. | 好主意 佩吉 |
[13:16] | Now, Happy, Toby, you’ll need to figure out a way | 乐乐 托比 你们得想办法 |
[13:17] | to get the lighthouse up and running. | 让那个灯塔运行起来 |
[13:19] | A small seaplane will be flying close to shore. | 小型的海上飞机会沿着海岸飞行 |
[13:22] | Yeah, if we light this candle | 没错 假如我们点亮这根蜡烛 |
[13:23] | it’ll be the brightest object on a dark coastline. | 它就成了黑漆漆的海岸上最亮的东西了 |
[13:25] | It’ll be a beacon for the seaplane. | 然后就可以作为飞机的航标了 |
[13:26] | Yeah, but we’re out of power. | 是啊 但我们没电可用 |
[13:28] | I may be able to get this old dame up and running. | 我也许有办法让这老家伙运行起来 |
[13:31] | And I will find a way to communicate with the pilot. | 然后我会找办法和飞行员取得联系 |
[13:33] | Once I’m done, I’ll head to the lighthouse. | 一旦成功了 我就到灯塔那边去 |
[13:35] | You’re not going anywhere. You’re the only adult | 你哪也不能去 你是那个满是受惊孩子的车库里 |
[13:36] | in a garage full of scared children. | 唯一的成年人 |
[13:38] | You need to watch them. | 你得看着他们 |
[13:40] | Oh, yeah, the ch-children. | 对啊 那些孩子 |
[13:45] | Patty. | 帕蒂 |
[13:46] | You’re, uh, 18, 19? | 你是18岁 还是19岁 |
[13:48] | Um, I’m 16. | 我16岁 |
[13:49] | Good enough. You’re in charge. | 够大了 你来负责 |
[13:50] | – Uh, Ralph. – Yes. | -拉尔夫 -到 |
[13:51] | Whatever you need, I can help. | 不管你需要什么 我都能帮你 |
[13:53] | No, just listen to Patty. | 不 你听帕蒂的就好了 |
[13:54] | She’s in charge of the kids. | 她来负责这些孩子 |
[13:56] | – Okay, who likes arts and crafts? – I do. | -好啦 谁喜欢手工艺 -我喜欢 |
[13:59] | Come on, Ralph, we’re gonna use pipe cleaners. | 来吧 拉尔夫 我们需要一些烟斗通条 |
[14:03] | When they shut this place down, they kept the components intact. | 他们关闭这地方的时候 完整地保存了这些部件 |
[14:06] | We get it power, we get the light back on. | 我们给它们通上电 就能点亮灯塔了 |
[14:08] | Shouldn’t there be a generator? | 这里不应该有台发电机吗 |
[14:09] | Ah, looks like they removed it during the renovation, | 貌似在翻新的时候被挪走了 |
[14:11] | but I got a way to juice this sucker: | 但我有办法给这家伙通电 |
[14:13] | Cabe’s SUV. | 凯布的越野车 |
[14:15] | Cars run on direct current. | 汽车用的是直流电 |
[14:16] | All this stuff is running on alternating current. | 但这些东西用的是交流电 |
[14:19] | They’re not compatible. | 不适用 |
[14:20] | I saw a brand-new fridge in the kitchen. | 我看到厨房里有台全新的冰箱 |
[14:23] | It’s got an inverter to save energy. | 里面有用来省电的换流器 |
[14:24] | I can extract it, | 我可以把它取出来 |
[14:25] | run it with the jumper cables from Cabe’s SUV | 连上凯布车上的跨接电缆 |
[14:28] | to the main power line for the lighthouse and turn DC into AC. | 再连到灯塔的主线路上 把直流电换成交流电 |
[14:32] | Hmm, well, then we’ll no longer be “Back in Black.” | 然后我们就不需要”回到暗处”了 |
[14:35] | You get it? DC/AC, AC/DC. | 你们明白了吗 直流电/交流电 交流电/直流电 |
[14:36] | That’s the title of their hit song. | 那是他们的名曲 |
[14:37] | – Just get the jumper cables. – Yes, dear. | -快去拿跨接电缆 -遵命 |
[14:40] | Do you know what you’re doing? | 你知道该怎么做吗 |
[14:41] | I’ve seen Happy do it a million times with a lock just like this. | 我看乐乐像这样撬锁看过无数遍了 |
[14:45] | You press the flathead against the tumbler, | 你把一字头的螺丝刀压在玻璃上 |
[14:47] | give it a firm pop with the palm of your hand. | 然后用手掌重击一下 |
[14:53] | Is that how it works for Happy? | 乐乐是这么干的吗 |
[14:55] | Come on. We’ll send them a check. | 来吧 我们到时候给他们寄支票 |
[14:59] | Wow, Happy makes that look so easy. | 乐乐做这个看起来毫不费力 |
[15:01] | Done, guys. It’s a pigeon. | 搞定了 伙计们 这是个鸽子 |
[15:04] | With four legs. | 有四条腿 |
[15:06] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:07] | Great job. | 太棒了 |
[15:14] | Walter, you got to give me something to do. | 沃特 你得给我点事做 |
[15:16] | Ah, okay. Hold the circuit board steady while I solder this. | 好的 在我焊接的时候帮我扶稳电路板 |
[15:20] | No, I mean something to really help with the case. | 不 我是指真的能帮忙解决眼下问题的事 |
[15:24] | Patty has me playing art class with Meatball. | 帕蒂让我和肉球一起做手工 |
[15:27] | I need her to see me as a man. | 我需要她把我当成是个男人 |
[15:29] | But you’re not a man. You’re 13. | 但你不是男人 你才13岁 |
[15:30] | Please. I’m dying over there. | 拜托了 我在那边快死了 |
[15:34] | All right. You can help me with the launch. | 好吧 你可以帮我发射 |
[15:36] | What launch? | 发射什么 |
[15:38] | Okay, give me the speaker. | 好的 把通话器给我 |
[15:40] | Great. | 好的 |
[15:42] | Now, you see, Whiz Kids, what I did was match | 神童们 你们瞧 我现在正在 |
[15:44] | the frequency of an ordinary radio speaker | 把一个普通的无线电通话器 |
[15:47] | to the frequency of our comms, | 和我们的通讯器调到同一个频率 |
[15:49] | which makes me and my team… | 这样我和我的团队就能… |
[15:53] | …what? | …怎样 |
[15:53] | Magic. | 魔法 |
[15:55] | No, not magic. In communication | 不 不是魔法 而是能让我们 |
[15:57] | with our friend, Birdroni, here. | 和我们的朋友 鸟霸天 沟通交流 |
[16:04] | Hey, Ralph. You should handle this. | 拉尔夫 你来操作 |
[16:07] | I have programmed the lighthouse coordinates into the remote. | 我把灯塔的坐标编进遥控器了 |
[16:10] | You might want to take a step back for safety. | 安全起见 你们最好后退一步 |
[16:21] | Aah! What the hell?! | 什么鬼 |
[16:23] | Sorry. Uh, I had the remote upside down. | 抱歉 我把遥控器拿反了 |
[16:28] | Yeah, I’ll just take that. | 是啊 给我吧 |
[16:36] | – Inverter’s attached. – Got it. | -连上换流器了 -我来 |
[16:38] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[16:39] | Pipe’s open. Do your thing. | 管子打开了 你们可以开始了 |
[16:43] | Okay, babe, hit it. | 好了 宝贝 发动吧 |
[16:47] | It worked. | 成功了 |
[16:47] | One beacon up and running. | 航标亮起来了 |
[16:49] | Now if we only knew where to look for that seaplane. | 现在如果我们知道该去哪里找那架海上飞机就好了 |
[16:51] | Try between longitude 33.724 and .725 | 试试经度33.724到33.725 |
[16:55] | and latitude -118.211 and .218. | 纬度负118.211到负118.218 |
[17:00] | Focus the lens of the lighthouse in that direction | 把灯塔对向那个方向 |
[17:02] | to attract the seaplane. | 吸引那架飞机的注意 |
[17:05] | It’s working. | 成功了 |
[17:15] | What? We’ve already committed breaking and entering. | 怎么了 我们已经擅自闯入了 |
[17:17] | I don’t want to add vandalism to my rap sheet. | 我不想再在罪名上添上破坏公物这项了 |
[17:19] | Oh, smashing a glass door isn’t considered vandalism? | 砸碎玻璃不算是破坏公物吗 |
[17:22] | That was an accident | 那是个意外 |
[17:22] | and vandalism is an intentional crime. | 而破坏公物是故意犯罪 |
[17:25] | Stop lawyering me and figure out how much fuel | 别给我普法了 想想怎么弄清楚如果那架飞机 |
[17:26] | – that plane has left if it was full on takeoff. – Okay. | -起飞时油是满的 如今它还剩多少油吧 -好的 |
[17:31] | We’re getting low on fuel. | 我们快没油了 |
[17:36] | Rachel, I am so sorry I got us into this. | 瑞秋 很抱歉让咱们陷入了这种境地 |
[17:39] | No, it’s not your fault. | 不 这不是你的错 |
[17:40] | No, it is. I convinced you to come up with me. | 不 就是的 是我让你和我一起飞的 |
[17:42] | I-I talked you into it. | 是我鼓动你来的 |
[17:43] | Look, there! | 看 那里 |
[17:44] | Is that a light? | 是灯光吗 |
[17:45] | W-Where? | 哪里 |
[17:46] | Over there. Is that land? | 那边 那是陆地吗 |
[17:47] | Uh, one way to find out. | 去看看就知道了 |
[17:53] | Anything? | 有情况吗 |
[17:54] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[17:55] | Happy and Toby have been talking to Walt. | 乐乐和托比在跟沃特联系 |
[17:57] | He sent Birdroni towards the lighthouse. | 他派鸟霸天飞往灯塔了 |
[17:59] | He rigged it with speakers and cameras. | 配备了扩音器和摄像机 |
[18:01] | If the plane heads towards us and sees our light, | 如果飞机朝我们飞来并看见了灯光 |
[18:04] | he can land the drone onto their window | 他可以让无人机落在他们的窗上 |
[18:06] | and establish communication. | 跟他们建立通讯 |
[18:08] | Ambitious plan. | 艰巨的计划 |
[18:10] | Guess we can only wait. | 看来只能等了 |
[18:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[18:15] | Hey, why don’t I take over for a little while? | 不如让我替你盯一会儿吧 |
[18:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:21] | You ever work binoculars before? | 你之前用过双筒望远镜吗 |
[18:24] | How do you think I found you? | 不然你以为我怎么找到你的 |
[18:30] | You know, uh… | 听我说 |
[18:33] | while we’re waiting, I, uh, | 趁我们还在等 |
[18:35] | there was something I wanted to talk to you about. | 我有件事想跟你说 |
[18:38] | Sure. | 说吧 |
[18:42] | I, um… | 我 |
[18:43] | Cabe! I think I see it. | 凯布 我应该看见了 |
[18:46] | Hey, Walt. | 沃特 |
[18:47] | We’ve got a visual on the seaplane. | 我们看到水上飞机了 |
[18:49] | Fantastic. Give me the specs. | 太好了 说说具体情况 |
[18:51] | It’s coming in from my one o’clock. | 从我的一点钟方向飞来 |
[18:53] | – It’s about 50 klicks away. – Okay, speed? | -距离约五十公里 -好 速度多少 |
[18:55] | – Can’t get a read on that. – Hey, I’m starving. | -看不出来 -我饿死了 |
[18:57] | The altitude couldn’t be more than 500 feet. | 高度不超过152米 |
[18:59] | Looks like he’s heading straight for the lighthouse. | 似乎直接冲灯塔飞去的 |
[19:02] | – These are burned. – Low and steady | -都煎糊了 -保持平稳低飞 |
[19:03] | – You hear Cabe? – Yeah, I’ve got my comm in | -听到凯布说的了吧 -对 我刚连上我的通讯器 |
[19:05] | – and I’ve adjusted Birdroni. – Okay, give me the remote. | -我调整了鸟霸天 -好 把遥控器给我 |
[19:07] | Come on, you said I’d get another chance | 拜托 你说了会再给我一次机会 |
[19:09] | to impress Patty. | 让帕蒂刮目相看 |
[19:10] | Yeah, no, you did. You got us this far, | 对 你做到了 你帮我们到现在 |
[19:12] | but I need to land Birdroni on the plane | 但我得把鸟霸天降落在飞机上 |
[19:13] | and I can’t leave that to someone | 不能把遥控器交给 |
[19:14] | who gets so nervous around a girl | 见到女孩就紧张 |
[19:16] | that he holds the remote upside down. | 还把遥控器拿倒了的人 |
[19:17] | Come on. | 快点 |
[19:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:21] | Okay, changing Birdroni’s course. | 好 更改鸟霸天的航线 |
[19:23] | Arriving at the edge of Sly’s search grid now. | 到达希尔的搜索网格的边缘 |
[19:26] | There it is. It’s following the light to the lighthouse. | 在那 跟着光朝灯塔飞去了 |
[19:28] | Uh-huh. Sending Birdroni in to land. | 派出鸟霸天 准备降落 |
[19:31] | That’s amazing piloting, Walter. | 操作得真帅 沃特 |
[19:33] | Yeah, Walt. Great job. | 是啊 沃特 真厉害啊 |
[19:37] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么 |
[19:38] | I-in the moonlight. | 月光下的那是什么 |
[19:40] | It’s a bird? | 是鸟吗 |
[19:41] | It’s… it’s a drone. | 是无人机 |
[19:49] | Hello. My name is Walter O’Brien and I’m here to help you land. | 你好 我叫沃特·奥布莱恩 是来帮你们降落的 |
[19:54] | Uh… good, | 很好 |
[19:56] | because I’ve lost most communication and navigation. | 飞机的通讯和导航功能大都失灵了 |
[20:00] | I-I’ve got pilot controls, but that’s it. | 只能飞行员操控 仅此而已 |
[20:02] | Well, that’s due to a coronal mass ejection, | 那是因为日冕物质喷发 |
[20:04] | which sent protons… | 发出了质子 |
[20:05] | Walter, simplify. | 沃特 说人话 |
[20:07] | There’s more than one of you? | 还有其他人吗 |
[20:09] | We are a team. A natural disaster hit. | 我们是个团队 自然灾害袭击 |
[20:11] | It damaged your plane. We’re here to help. | 毁坏了你们的飞机 我们是来帮忙的 |
[20:14] | Um, tiny problem. | 有个小问题 |
[20:16] | I don’t really have experience flying at night. | 我之前没在夜晚飞行过 |
[20:19] | Uh, I don’t think I can land without my guidance system. | 没了导航系统我好像不知道怎么降落 |
[20:22] | I thought you flew all the time, Griffin. | 你不是一直都在飞吗 格里芬 |
[20:24] | Well, with my dad who doesn’t know I borrowed his plane. | 是跟我爸一起啊 他还不知道我借走了飞机 |
[20:28] | Look, I just wanted to take you to L.A. for the weekend. | 我只想带你去洛杉矶过周末 |
[20:31] | Hey, kid, weekend plans get messed up all the time. | 小子 周末计划总是会出岔子 |
[20:34] | The main thing is we’re trying to get you home in one piece. | 重点是我们想把你们安全带回家 |
[20:36] | Now, I got a pilot here who can talk you through the landing. | 我们这有一位飞行员能指导你降落 |
[20:38] | Okay, Griffin, we’re gonna get you to land on the water | 好了 格里芬 我们会指导你 |
[20:41] | right by the lighthouse that you’re headed to. | 降落在你们飞去的灯塔旁边 |
[20:43] | Um, one more thing. | 还有件事 |
[20:45] | I’ve only landed solo a half dozen times | 我只独自降落了六次 |
[20:48] | and always during the day. | 全都是在白天 |
[20:49] | Okay, it’s simple, just like your training. | 好 很简单 就像在训练 |
[20:52] | Slow your descent, keep the draft stabilized | 降低高度 稳住飞机 |
[20:54] | and pretend the light on the water is your runway. | 把水上的灯光当成跑道 |
[20:57] | U-Um, I’m kind of freaking out a bit. | 我快要吓崩溃了 |
[20:59] | I don’t blame the kid. I’d be terrified. | 不怪那小子 我也会被吓死的 |
[21:02] | We can hear you! | 我们听得到 |
[21:03] | Hey, Griffin. | 格里芬 |
[21:04] | My name’s Toby, I’m a doctor, | 我叫托比 是个医生 |
[21:06] | and I’m gonna calm you down. | 我会让你冷静的 |
[21:07] | I want you to breathe in for four seconds, | 先深吸四秒 |
[21:09] | then hold it for seven and exhale for five. | 憋七秒 然后呼气五秒 |
[21:12] | You ready? Go. | 好了吗 开始 |
[21:18] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[21:20] | Relaxing. | 放松啊 |
[21:27] | All right, Griffin, we just activated | 好了 格里芬 刚刚已刺激你的 |
[21:30] | your hypothalamus to tell your pituitary gland | 下丘脑引导你的脑垂体 |
[21:33] | to send out neurohormones that’ll inhibit | 释放出神经激素来抑制 |
[21:35] | stress-producing hormones | 压力激素 |
[21:36] | and trigger a relaxation response in your body. | 并让你的身体放松 |
[21:39] | How you feeling now, buddy? | 现在感觉如何 兄弟 |
[21:42] | – Better. – Great. | -好多了 -很好 |
[21:44] | Now you just listen to the beautiful voice | 现在仔细听我的美丽新娘 |
[21:46] | of my beautiful bride | 动听声音的指导 |
[21:48] | and let your instincts take over. | 全都听从你的直觉 |
[21:50] | Okay, kid, pull on the throttle and adjust your draft. | 好了 拉动节流阀 调整飞机 |
[21:53] | Walt, we’re gonna need you to keep an eye on the plane’s | 沃特 你得通过鸟霸天观察飞机的 |
[21:55] | altitude and speed via Birdroni. | 高度和速度 |
[21:58] | Well, Griffin could be slower and lower, | 格里芬速度可能很慢 |
[22:00] | but his flow is perfect. | 但流速[弗洛]很完美 |
[22:02] | Oh, what a surprise, Walter thinks Flo is perfect. | 真意外啊 沃特觉得弗洛很完美 |
[22:04] | That’s just beneath you. | 你这样也太没下限了吧 |
[22:09] | Paige, I know bullies. | 佩吉 我了解霸凌者 |
[22:12] | And a bully is someone who picks on somebody | 而霸凌者只是因为不安 |
[22:16] | for no other reason but their own insecurity. | 才会故意欺凌某人 |
[22:20] | That’s what you’re doing to Florence. | 你对弗洛伦斯做的就是这样 |
[22:22] | You, Paige… you’re being a bully. | 佩吉你竟然欺凌人 |
[22:29] | Okay, I see the lighthouse. | 好 我看到灯塔了 |
[22:31] | Okay, good. | 很好 |
[22:31] | Focus on the light hitting the water. | 注意水面上的光 |
[22:33] | Got a visual. | 看到了 |
[22:34] | Okay, now reduce your power, tilt your nose up | 好 降低功率 抬起机头 |
[22:37] | and begin your descent. | 开始降落 |
[22:38] | You got this? We’re gonna be okay? | 你可以吗 不会有事吧 |
[22:40] | Yeah, visibility’s great. I got this. | 对 视线很好 我可以的 |
[22:43] | There you go. Nice and easy. | 好了 轻轻松松 |
[22:48] | What the hell?! | 什么情况 |
[22:49] | Uh, okay, you’ve hit something. | 好了 你们碰到东西了 |
[22:51] | – Pull up. – What happened? | -拉起机身 -怎么了 |
[22:52] | You need to gain altitude. You’re gonna hit the bluff. | 得飞到高处 需要缓一缓 |
[22:54] | Griffin, full throttle! | 格里芬 加足马力 |
[22:57] | Pull up, pull up! | 拉起来 拉起来 |
[23:01] | Their float must have hit some flotsam. | 飞机的浮筒肯定撞上漂浮物了 |
[23:03] | Okay, binoculars. | 给我双筒望远镜 |
[23:04] | But is the plane okay? | 飞机没事吧 |
[23:06] | Can we take another run at landing her? | 能再试一次降落吗 |
[23:11] | Uh, don’t worry about it. We’ll get you down in a jiffy. | 别担心 马上就让你们降落 |
[23:15] | Okay, their float is toast. | 浮筒坏掉了 |
[23:16] | Without it, there’s no way to land the plane. | 没了浮筒 他们没法降落 |
[23:25] | Okay, Griffin, stay in a holding pattern, | 格里芬 待在待命航线上 |
[23:27] | we’ll be with you in a second. | 我们很快联系你 |
[23:29] | We have an inexperienced pilot | 一位经验不足的飞行员 |
[23:31] | in a seaplane with a missing float. | 开着一架没了浮筒的水上飞机 |
[23:33] | And no navigational systems. | 还没有导航系统 |
[23:35] | And no pancakes. | 也没有煎饼 |
[23:36] | Seriously? Now? | 非得现在吗 |
[23:38] | I’m growing. | 我在长身体 |
[23:41] | So a water landing is no longer an option. | 那就不能在水面降落了 |
[23:44] | According to my calculations, they’re gonna run out of fuel | 根据我的计算 在三十分钟之内 |
[23:46] | in less than 30 minutes. | 他们就会没油了 |
[23:48] | So, ideas? | 有什么想法吗 |
[23:49] | How ’bout not burning them this time? | 这次别弄糊了[烧死]怎么样 |
[23:51] | How ’bout you stop talking? | 你闭上嘴怎么样 |
[23:52] | Walter, don’t talk to a kid like that. | 沃特 别那样对小孩说话 |
[23:55] | Why don’t we do a plane-to-plane transfer? | 为什么不用另一架飞机输油给他们 |
[23:56] | It’s risky, but it’s been done before. | 有风险 但是之前成功过 |
[23:58] | What, scramble a jet and pull it off | 怎么 抢一架飞机然后让一群 |
[23:59] | with a couple of terrified kids in the pitch black? | 吓坏了的孩子在一片漆黑中把飞机开走 |
[24:01] | There’s not enough time for that. | 我们没有那个时间 |
[24:02] | Are all those people gonna die? | 那些人都会死吗 |
[24:05] | Probably. Ow! | 有可能 |
[24:07] | Uh, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[24:10] | You’re supposed to use eggs. | 你应该放鸡蛋 |
[24:11] | Well, you broke all the eggs. | 你们把所有的鸡蛋都打碎了 |
[24:16] | Hey, I’m still hungry. | 我还饿着呢 |
[24:18] | Guys, are you still there? | 伙计们 你们还在吗 |
[24:19] | Where else would we be? | 我们还能在哪 |
[24:20] | Well, can we take another shot at landing the plane? | 我们能再试一次降落吗 |
[24:23] | Uh, not exactly. | 不太可能 |
[24:24] | You lost a float when you hit some debris, | 在撞击的时候你们撞掉了一个浮筒 |
[24:26] | so a water landing now would | 所以现在要是在水上降落 |
[24:28] | flip the plane over, killing you both. | 会把飞机掀翻 你们两个都会死 |
[24:30] | – Oh, God! – But it’s okay– | -天哪 -不过没关系 |
[24:31] | you don’t want to land, you want to crash. | 你们不用降落 而是要坠机 |
[24:33] | Wh– I’m gonna disagree with you on that one. | 啥 我不同意 |
[24:35] | Okay, I think what Walt is suggesting | 我觉得沃特的建议是 |
[24:37] | is a controlled crash. | 有控制地坠机 |
[24:39] | It’s very common in the aviation world. | 这在飞行世界中很常见 |
[24:41] | We will do everything to make sure that you land | 我们会尽力保证你们能够 |
[24:43] | as comfortably as possible. | 尽可能舒适地降落 |
[24:44] | How are you gonna make the ground comfy? | 你怎么能让地面变得舒适 |
[24:46] | It’s just like the egg drop experiment. | 就像鸡蛋下落实验 |
[24:48] | We increase the plane’s drag… | 我们增加飞机的阻力 |
[24:50] | To create friction between it and the air. | 来增加飞机和空气间的阻力 |
[24:52] | Converting its kinetic energy into heat… | 把飞机的动能转化成热能 |
[24:54] | So it decelerates… | 这样飞机就能减速了 |
[24:55] | And turns into gravity! | 然后变成重力 |
[24:58] | No. | 不是 |
[24:59] | What the hell does that even mean? | 那特么是什么意思 |
[25:00] | Walter! Language! | 沃特 注意用词 |
[25:02] | Okay, so we’re the egg. | 好吧 所以我们就是鸡蛋 |
[25:05] | How are you gonna catch us? | 你们怎么接住我们 |
[25:06] | Delicately. Now, first, Sly and Paige | 巧妙地接 首先 希尔和佩吉会 |
[25:09] | are gonna find a map showing the flattest | 在地图上在附近找一处 |
[25:10] | stretch of nearby land for our runway. | 最平坦的一段路作为我们的跑道 |
[25:12] | On it. | 没问题 |
[25:14] | And Sly will calculate the necessary speed | 然后希尔会计算出 |
[25:16] | and angles for the crash | 坠机必要的速度和角度 |
[25:17] | while the lighthouse team builds a crash zone | 与此同时 灯塔组要做一个坠机区 |
[25:19] | to slow the plane over the maximum amount of time possible. | 来在最短时间内使飞机减速 |
[25:22] | Doc, you and Allie keep flyboy calm. | 医生 你和艾莉负责保持飞行员镇静 |
[25:24] | Cabe, let’s see what we’ve got to work with | 凯布 我们去看看船屋里 |
[25:25] | in the boathouse. | 有什么可以用的 |
[25:29] | Okay, according to Griffin, | 好吧 据格里芬所说 |
[25:30] | this is everything that’s on the plane. | 这是飞机里所有的东西 |
[25:32] | It’s not an exact match, but it’s close enough. | 不是完全一样 不过很接近了 |
[25:34] | Picnic basket, candle, sleeping bag. | 野餐篮 蜡烛 睡袋 |
[25:37] | Someone was planning a romantic night under the stars. | 某人计划了一个星空下的浪漫夜晚 |
[25:39] | These are the cockpit’s dimensions. | 这是飞机驾驶舱的大小 |
[25:41] | Okay, we need to use the items on the plane | 好了 我们需要用这些东西来 |
[25:43] | to cushion cockpit impact. | 缓冲飞机驾驶舱的冲击力 |
[25:45] | Like stuffing a turkey. | 就像把火鸡肚子塞满 |
[25:46] | Not really. Well, yeah, kinda. | 不太一样 也差不多吧 |
[25:49] | Did you make those pancakes? | 那些煎饼是你做的吗 |
[25:50] | Someone had to take care of us. | 总得有人照顾我们 |
[25:52] | Make yourself useful and blow up that raft. | 做点有用的事 去把那救生艇吹起来 |
[25:55] | Okay, just make yourself useful. | 好了 做点有用的事 |
[25:57] | Hold that lantern higher. | 把灯举高一点 |
[25:59] | Sheesh, grumpy. | 脾气够大的 |
[26:01] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[26:02] | Just not how I thought my, uh, | 这不是我想象中的 |
[26:05] | lighthouse trip would work out. | 灯塔之旅 |
[26:07] | Preachin’ to the choir. | 谁说不是呢 |
[26:09] | I know, but I am trying to make a baby, | 只是我在试图要孩子 |
[26:11] | and it is not happening. | 就是怎么也怀不上 |
[26:13] | It’s getting to me. | 我很苦恼 |
[26:14] | It’ll be all right, kid. | 会好起来的 孩子 |
[26:16] | I don’t want to talk about me anymore. | 我不想再说自己的事了 |
[26:18] | How about you? | 你怎么样 |
[26:20] | Did you drop the, uh, L-bomb | 你对你的小野猫 |
[26:21] | on your little alley cat yet? | 放出爱的炸弹了吗 |
[26:25] | Let’s keep looking. | 我们还是继续找吧 |
[26:27] | And to answer your question, no, I haven’t told her. | 答案是 不 我还没跟她说 |
[26:29] | Saving the lives of two kids takes precedence. | 救两个孩子的性命更重要 |
[26:33] | You could have told her months ago. | 几个月前你就该对她说了 |
[26:35] | You’re scared she won’t say it back. | 你害怕她不回应你 |
[26:37] | She will. | 她会的 |
[26:39] | So just man up and, uh, don’t be a wuss. | 所以男人一点 别像个胆小鬼 |
[26:43] | Yes. I think I just found our plane catcher. | 很好 我找到接住飞机的东西了 |
[26:48] | Should I get Cabe? | 我是不是该叫凯布来 |
[26:49] | Sometimes you’re not the most… graceful. | 有时候你不是很灵活 |
[26:52] | I’ll have you know I was voted best tumbler | 跟你说 我在布鲁克林的学校 |
[26:54] | at P.S. 90 in Brooklyn. | 被选为最好的杂技选手 |
[26:56] | Oh… oh! So, what’s up there | 那上面有什么 |
[26:59] | that’s worth breaking your neck over? | 让你摔断脖子也要拿到的东西 |
[27:01] | Emergency landings have a high probability of starting fires. | 紧急迫降很有可能会起火 |
[27:04] | I want to help prevent that. | 我想要避免火灾 |
[27:06] | Okay, but I’m looking at a fire extinguisher right now. | 好吧 不过我在这看到一个灭火器 |
[27:11] | That’s a Class-A extinguisher. | 那是用来熄灭垃圾木头引起的火 |
[27:13] | Fires involving liquids and gases, | 火在有液体和气体的环境下 |
[27:15] | that’ll just spread the flames. | 会四散 |
[27:16] | But the lighthouse was built with a Halon | 不过灯塔是有配备 |
[27:19] | fire suppression system. | 卤代烷灭火系统的 |
[27:21] | Okay, now we’re ready to play fireman. | 好了 现在我们可以去当消防员了 |
[27:25] | Good, ’cause we found our runway. | 很好 我们找到跑道了 |
[27:26] | Just west of the lighthouse is a one-kilometer stretch | 灯塔的西边到船屋之间 |
[27:29] | with no slope that terminates | 有一条长一公里 |
[27:30] | between the lighthouse and the boathouse. | 没有斜坡的地方 |
[27:32] | Okay, that’ll work. We can use the palm trees | 好的 应该没问题 我们可以用 |
[27:35] | as pick points for the fishing nets. | 棕榈树把渔网支起来 |
[27:38] | Fishing nets? | 渔网 |
[27:39] | Stretchy nylon nets. They have a lot of give. | 弹力尼龙网 很有弹性 |
[27:42] | They better, because I’m done with the math. | 那最好 因为我已经算出来了 |
[27:44] | Griffin and Rachel are going to experience 40 Gs of force | 坠机时 格里芬和瑞秋会受到 |
[27:47] | when they crash. | 四十倍的重力 |
[27:48] | Ten Gs is on the higher end of the survivable scale. | 十倍重力是人类能承受极限 |
[27:50] | Industrial nautical nylon can cut down the G forces | 工业生产的航海用尼龙可以抵掉 |
[27:54] | by, say, 20, but we still need to lose | 大概二十倍重力 但是我们还需要 |
[27:57] | another ten Gs, | 去掉十倍重力 |
[27:58] | or else they’ll die. | 不然他们会死的 |
[28:08] | Whiz Kidz, let’s do this! | 沃特神童 我们开始吧 |
[28:22] | We got it. | 成功了 |
[28:23] | The raft absorbed 10.02 Gs of force. | 救生筏可以吸收10.02倍重力 |
[28:31] | Okay, sweatshirts, sleeping bags… | 好了 卫衣 睡袋 |
[28:35] | And don’t forget the picnic basket. | 别忘了野餐篮 |
[28:36] | Wicker’s pliable. | 藤条制品是易折断的 |
[28:37] | Every bit of force absorption counts. | 任何一点能够吸收力量的都有用 |
[28:39] | Now, inflate the raft. | 把救生筏吹起来 |
[28:40] | You’ll only have a few seconds to move it into position | 坠机前你只有几秒钟来把 |
[28:42] | before the crash. | 救生筏放好 |
[28:42] | All right, got it. | 好 知道了 |
[28:44] | Okay, I-I see the stretch of grass. | 好了 我看到一片草地了 |
[28:47] | That lady said one kilometer. | 那位女士说有一公里 |
[28:48] | It looks a lot shorter than that. | 这看上去比一公里短多了 |
[28:50] | It is what we said it is, | 这就是我们说的大小 |
[28:51] | so just relax and line it up with the net, | 就放轻松然后对准网子 |
[28:53] | lower your speed, and land on your belly. | 减速并且俯冲过来 |
[28:56] | Yeah, that’s not happening. We need another plan. | 这样不行 我们需要换一个方案 |
[28:59] | There’s no other plan, and this will work. | 没有别的方案了 这个没问题 |
[29:01] | I’m out. I’m sorry, | 我退出 抱歉 |
[29:02] | but I didn’t sign up for this. | 但是这不是我想要的 |
[29:05] | I just wanted a nice weekend with Rachel. | 我只是想和瑞秋过一个美好的周末 |
[29:08] | See the Hollywood sign, the Santa Monica Pier. | 看看好莱坞标志牌和圣塔莫尼卡码头 |
[29:10] | And after everything was perfect… | 等一切水到渠成… |
[29:15] | …I’d ask her to be my girlfriend. | 我就请求她做我女朋友 |
[29:17] | Ooh, like Ralph and Patty. | 看 就像拉尔夫和帕蒂 |
[29:20] | Wait a minute, you took Rachel on a moonlight plane ride, | 等一下 你带瑞秋一起月夜飞行 |
[29:23] | and she’s not even your girl? | 而她还不是你女朋友 |
[29:25] | She’s been my best friend since first grade. | 从一年级起她就是我最好的朋友 |
[29:28] | I was gonna ask her tonight, but… | 我准备今晚表白 但是… |
[29:31] | Everything’s a mess. | 一切都搞砸了 |
[29:33] | Look, Griffin, come on, man, you’re too much in your head. | 格里芬 别这样 你脑子太乱了 |
[29:35] | You gotta put aside all thoughts of Rachel | 你要把瑞秋的事放到一边 |
[29:37] | and focus on the task at hand. | 专心完成当下的任务 |
[29:39] | Wrong! You’ve been waiting on this since grade school? | 错 你从小学起就在等待这一刻 |
[29:42] | Get over it already. | 别磨磨蹭蹭了 |
[29:44] | You’re scared that she won’t say it back, but she will. | 你害怕得不到她的回应 但她会的 |
[29:47] | Now man up and quit being a wuss and tell her. | 现在别再做胆小鬼 拿出男人的样子向她表白 |
[29:50] | At least, that’s the advice that I got. | 至少这是我得到的建议 |
[29:52] | Advice on what? | 对什么的建议 |
[29:54] | On you. I’m in love with you, okay? | 对你 我爱你 知道吗 |
[29:58] | I was gonna tell you proper | 我想等事情结束 |
[29:58] | when this is all over, but… | 再正式告诉你 但是… |
[30:01] | I’m head over heels for you, kid. | 我疯狂爱上了你 宝贝 |
[30:05] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[30:12] | Okay, Griffin, | 好了 格里芬 |
[30:14] | my cards are on the table. | 我已经吐露心意了 |
[30:16] | It’s your turn. | 该你了 |
[30:19] | Rachel, I need to say something. | 瑞秋 我有话要说 |
[30:25] | Hey… um… | 那个 |
[30:29] | Rachel, you’ve been my best friend | 瑞秋 从我们六岁起 |
[30:32] | since we were six years old. | 你就一直是我最好的朋友 |
[30:36] | I’ve been in love with you since we were seven. | 从七岁起 我就爱上了你 |
[30:39] | If we’re gonna die, | 如果我们会死 |
[30:41] | I don’t want to die without you knowing, so, uh… | 我不想死而有憾 所以… |
[30:45] | now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[30:50] | I’ve known since we were six. | 从我们六岁时我就知道了 |
[30:54] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[30:57] | Attaboy. | 好样的 |
[30:58] | Now you got something special to live for, don’t you? | 现在你们有了活下去的特别理由了吧 |
[31:01] | Yes, sir, I do. | 是 先生 |
[31:03] | Okay, making my approach. | 好了 准备着陆吧 |
[31:06] | Is that him? | 那是他吗 |
[31:07] | Uh, yeah. He’s going too fast. | 对 他开得太快了 |
[31:09] | Griffin, lower the speed. | 格里芬 减速 |
[31:10] | I’m trying, but the flaps aren’t responding. | 我很想 但襟翼没有反应 |
[31:13] | Wha– checking them now. | 什么 我现在看看 |
[31:20] | I know what Happy would say if she saw this. | 我知道乐乐看了会怎么说 |
[31:22] | I’d say “Not good.” What is it? | 我会说”不太妙” 怎么回事 |
[31:23] | Well, when the float broke, | 浮筒破裂时 |
[31:24] | a shard must’ve have hit the flap and damaged it. | 襟翼一定是被碎片撞坏了 |
[31:25] | We can’t fix it. | 我们修不好 |
[31:27] | Then we’re stuck up here. | 我们在这里动不了了 |
[31:28] | Not for long. | 不会太久 |
[31:29] | I’ve been keeping a tab on you guys. | 我在密切注意着你们 |
[31:31] | You’re gonna run out of fuel in ten minutes. | 你们十分钟后会燃料耗尽 |
[31:33] | Okay. We have about ten minutes | 好吧 在燃料耗尽前 |
[31:34] | to figure out how to land a busted plane | 我们有十分钟时间 |
[31:36] | before it runs out of fuel. | 想出如何让一辆破损飞机着陆 |
[31:37] | We can’t just sit here | 我们不能眼睁睁 |
[31:38] | and watch them circle until they crash. | 看着他们盘旋直至坠毁 |
[31:40] | Excuse me? | 请问一下 |
[31:41] | No, not now. | 别现在问 |
[31:43] | But I have a question. | 但我有个问题 |
[31:44] | The brownies are in the cabinet, okay? | 巧克力蛋糕在储藏柜里 |
[31:46] | Not my question. | 我不是问这个 |
[31:47] | What I was gonna ask is, | 我想问的是 |
[31:49] | if you know the plane’s gonna crash, | 既然你们知道飞机会坠毁 |
[31:50] | why not leave the plane? | 为什么不让人离开飞机呢 |
[31:52] | Wayne, now’s not a good time. | 韦恩 现在不是时候 |
[31:54] | No, hold on. Meatball might have a point. Uh, g-go on? | 不 等等 肉丸说得有点道理 继续说 |
[31:58] | You can catch them like an egg in an egg toss. | 你们可以像扔鸡蛋一样接住他们 |
[32:00] | What? | 什么 |
[32:00] | Or not. | 或者不是 |
[32:02] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[32:03] | Meatball, you are brilliant. | 肉丸 你是个天才 |
[32:07] | Hey, Walter, you’re talking about human beings | 沃特 现在从天而降的 |
[32:09] | plummeting to Earth, not eggs. | 是人类 不是鸡蛋 |
[32:11] | I did it from a space capsule. | 我在航天舱里做到过 |
[32:13] | Yeah, but these guys don’t have a body of water | 是 但他们没有水域或鱼雷 |
[32:15] | or a torpedo to break their fall. | 来帮助缓冲 |
[32:17] | They just have a fall to break their neck. | 他们只会掉下来摔断脖子 |
[32:19] | Wrong. | 错 |
[32:19] | If we flip the nets from facing the ocean to facing the sky, | 如果我们把拦网从面朝大海转向面朝天空 |
[32:22] | then it should have enough give | 那就有足够的弹性 |
[32:23] | to catch them without killing them. | 接住他们而不出人命 |
[32:25] | Wha– no, that is insane. | 不 这太疯狂了 |
[32:27] | That’s never gonna work. | 这不会成功的 |
[32:28] | It did work. In 2016, a daredevil jumped | 曾经成功过 2016年一个冒失鬼 |
[32:31] | from 25,000 feet, without a parachute, | 不背降落伞从7.6千米高空跳下 |
[32:33] | and landed in a net suspended off the ground. | 掉在了一个朝天悬挂的拦网上 |
[32:35] | Right, well, that-that jump was planned well in advance. | 是 但那次跳跃是提前精心策划的 |
[32:37] | These kids can’t jump a second too early or a second too late. | 这俩孩子的跳机时间要分毫不差 |
[32:40] | Sly, you up for this? | 希尔 你准备好了吗 |
[32:41] | I don’t know. There’s too many variables. | 我不知道 有太多变量了 |
[32:43] | Wind speed, altitude, wind direction. | 风速 海拔 风向 |
[32:45] | I need real time data, | 我需要实时数据 |
[32:47] | and I can’t get that information from any book. | 而这在书上找不到答案 |
[32:49] | T-The lighthouse doubled as a weather station. | 那个灯塔也是一个气象站 |
[32:51] | The equipment’s still functioning. | 设备还能用 |
[32:52] | Allie, little help? | 艾莉 来搭把手吗 |
[32:54] | I’ll get the other end of the net. You get this end. | 我去拉拦网的另一端 你拉住这一端 |
[32:57] | Uh, what about us? | 我们怎么办 |
[32:58] | You need to prepare to put the plane into a stall. | 你们要准备让飞机熄火 |
[33:01] | It’s the only way to get your speed close to zero | 只有这样才能让飞机与地面相对速度 |
[33:03] | relative to the ground. | 接近于零 |
[33:04] | Just pull on the stick | 你拉住操纵杆 |
[33:05] | until the nose is perpendicular to the ground, | 直到机头与地面垂直 |
[33:07] | so that there’s no lift, | 让升力消失 |
[33:08] | and the plane will fall back to Earth. | 飞机就会坠落地面 |
[33:10] | Okay, uh, we got numbers. | 好了 我们拿到数据了 |
[33:12] | Wind speed’s three miles per hour. | 风速是4.8千米每小时 |
[33:14] | The temperature is 62 degrees. | 气温是16.7摄氏度 |
[33:16] | Wind direction, Allie? | 风向呢 艾莉 |
[33:17] | Uh, north by northwest. | 西北偏北方向 |
[33:19] | Okay, almost there. | 好 快好了 |
[33:21] | Griffin, you need to stall the plane | 格里芬 你要在拦网北面 |
[33:22] | 200 meters north of the net. | 200米处熄火 |
[33:23] | All right, pointing the lantern at the net now. | 好了 现在把灯塔照向拦网 |
[33:28] | Net’s up and we got over seven feet of stretch! | 拦网朝上了 拦网宽度超过2.1米 |
[33:31] | Good, because we’re running out of fuel. | 很好 因为我们的燃料快耗尽了 |
[33:33] | Making my approach now. | 现在就着陆 |
[33:38] | Okay, Griffin? | 好了 格里芬 |
[33:39] | Two things to keep in mind. | 你要牢记两件事 |
[33:41] | One, you’ll have to tie off the stick, | 第一 你要把操纵杆系住 |
[33:43] | and you’ll only have one second to jump, | 你只有一秒的时间跳机 |
[33:45] | and you can’t be fiddling with the controls. | 没空摆弄操纵杆 |
[33:48] | I can use my belt. | 可以用我的皮带 |
[33:50] | And two, you guys have to jump at the same time. | 第二 你们必须同时跳下 |
[33:52] | If you don’t, whoever lands first will get | 否则先降落的人 |
[33:53] | all the net’s stretch, and whoever lands second… | 会承受拦网所有弹性 而后降落的人… |
[33:56] | They’ll be Humpty Dumpty. | 他们会面临灾难 |
[33:59] | We’ve been in sync for a long time now. | 我们一直都这么心有灵犀 |
[34:02] | We can do this. | 我们能办到 |
[34:08] | Let’s get these lovebirds on the ground | 我们把这对鸳鸯平安着陆 |
[34:10] | so they can smooch already, huh? | 再让他们卿卿我我吧 |
[34:12] | We should get down there. | 我们该下去了 |
[34:13] | Birdroni’s numbers say Griffin should pull up… | 鸟霸天数据显示格里芬应该拉杆… |
[34:17] | – Now! – Now! | -就现在 -就现在 |
[34:18] | Now. | 就现在 |
[34:23] | Okay, stick’s in place! | 好了 操纵杆到位了 |
[34:24] | Go, go! | 走 走 |
[34:33] | The plane stalled! | 飞机熄火了 |
[34:35] | Get ready to jump on my count. | 准备好听我数数后跳下 |
[34:41] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[34:46] | Go! | 跳 |
[35:11] | Man, this is tense. | 天呐 好紧张 |
[35:12] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[35:14] | I-I used to get nervous waiting for a pop fly to come at me, | 等待被高飞球集中的时候 我总是会紧张 |
[35:16] | but this is ridiculous. | 但这也太荒谬了 |
[35:18] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[35:20] | Ralph, plane? | 拉尔夫 飞机呢 |
[35:21] | Fell a few hundred feet and caught an updraft | 下落了几百英尺 遇上了上升气流 |
[35:23] | and glided out to sea. | 滑翔到海上了 |
[35:25] | Guys on the ground should have a visual any moment now. | 他们在地面上应该很快就能看到了 |
[35:26] | Ugh, this is too tense, even for us. | 即使对我们来说 也太紧张了 |
[35:30] | Hang in there, big guy. | 坚持住 大个子 |
[35:32] | Thank you, Meatball. | 谢谢 肉球 |
[35:34] | You know what? Thank you all. | 告诉你们 我谢谢你们全部 |
[35:36] | I have not been patient today, | 我今天都没什么耐心 |
[35:38] | and you’ve all comported yourselves admirably, | 但你们的表现都很出色 |
[35:40] | despite my failings. | 虽然我总是失败 |
[35:42] | You’ve even helped. | 你们甚至帮了我 |
[35:43] | True Whiz Kidz. | 你们真的是神童 |
[35:45] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[35:47] | We convinced two healthy teens to jump out of a plane. | 我们成功说服两名青少年跳下飞机 |
[35:50] | Is that even legal? | 那合法吗 |
[35:53] | There! | 那里 |
[35:56] | That’s them? | 是他们吗 |
[35:57] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[35:58] | They’re so… tiny. | 他们好小 |
[36:00] | They’re getting bigger fast. | 变大的速度也很快 |
[36:02] | Hey, where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[36:04] | Look, I trust Sly’s math and all, but if he’s off, | 虽然我很信任希尔的数学能力 但如果他出现了偏差 |
[36:06] | this is not how I want to go out. | 我可不想就这么挂了 |
[36:11] | Crap, that really is them. | 该死 真的是他们 |
[36:24] | Are they okay? | 他们还好吗 |
[36:31] | Yes! Oh! | 好 |
[36:33] | Congrats, Sly! | 恭喜你 希尔 |
[36:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:41] | I feel like that’s over now. | 我觉得差不多抱完了吧 |
[36:42] | No, it’s not. | 还没 |
[36:53] | Man, what a first date, huh? | 第一次约会真刺激啊 |
[36:58] | That kid’s got game. | 那个孩子有两下子 |
[37:00] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[37:08] | Not now. | 现在不是时候 |
[37:08] | We got to take the net down. | 我们得把网扯下来 |
[37:13] | That’s what happens once you’re married. | 结婚了以后就成这样了 |
[37:21] | Hello, keen viewers. | 各位热情的观众们好啊 |
[37:22] | My name is Walter O’Brien, | 我叫沃特·奥布莱恩 |
[37:23] | and you’re watching Walt’s Whiz Kidz. | 你现在收看的是《沃特神童》 |
[37:25] | Now, today we’ll be using the classic egg drop experiment | 今天我们将通过经典的鸡蛋下落实验 |
[37:28] | to demonstrate what principles of physics? | 来展示什么物理原理呢 |
[37:32] | Creating drag to reduce the force upon landing. | 增加阻力 减少降落时受到的力 |
[37:36] | That’s exactly right. | 没错 |
[37:37] | Now, we will be right back with you | 稍后回来 |
[37:38] | to walk you through the steps. | 我们一步一步教你怎么做 |
[37:40] | But remember, if you have a science problem, | 记住 如果在科学上碰到什么困难 |
[37:42] | don’t take just any old kid along with you to help. | 别随便找个笨孩子帮忙 |
[37:45] | Take a whiz. | 要找沃特神童[去尿尿] |
[37:55] | Well said. | 说得好 |
[37:56] | Thank you, Toby. | 谢谢 托比 |
[37:58] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[38:01] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好 |
[38:06] | I go should see how Patty’s doing. | 我去看看帕蒂怎么样了 |
[38:08] | Yeah, I should pack. | 我该收拾行李了 |
[38:10] | Yeah, I don’t make excuses. | 我不找借口 |
[38:20] | I have positive news. | 我有好消息 |
[38:22] | After the electricity came back on, | 电力恢复后 |
[38:23] | I was able to teleconference my investors. | 我跟投资者进行了电话会议 |
[38:27] | I was direct, as you suggested. | 我遵从你的建议 表现得很直接 |
[38:31] | And they’ve agreed to fund me. | 他们同意资助我 |
[38:33] | Florence, that’s wonderful. | 弗洛伦斯 太棒了 |
[38:35] | Well, I owe you thanks. | 我欠你一句谢谢 |
[38:38] | And I-I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一句道歉 |
[38:41] | I was, I was a bit short with you, and I shouldn’t have been. | 我之前对你不太客气 我不该这样 |
[38:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:45] | I noticed. | 我注意到了 |
[38:46] | I was worried that maybe I had offended you. | 我担心自己是不是冒犯到了你 |
[38:49] | No, you didn’t. | 不 你没有 |
[38:50] | You did nothing wrong. | 你没做错什么 |
[38:51] | I was upset about something else, | 我是为其他的事情烦心 |
[38:53] | something entirely not your fault, and I took it out on you. | 那事跟你无关 但我拿你出气了 |
[38:58] | That is illogical. | 这不合逻辑 |
[39:00] | But I’m relieved. | 但这样我就放心了 |
[39:02] | I don’t have many friends, | 我的朋友不多 |
[39:04] | and I thought you had become one. | 我以为你跟我成了朋友 |
[39:07] | I have. | 我是 |
[39:10] | Splendid. | 太好了 |
[39:14] | Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. | 那明天见 |
[39:22] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[39:23] | Checked in with West Altadenia. | 跟西艾塔尼亚确认了 |
[39:25] | Like L.A. County, | 跟洛杉矶县一样 |
[39:26] | they’ve got cell towers back up, | 他们把信号塔恢复了 |
[39:27] | and expect full power by morning. | 早上就会完全恢复电力 |
[39:29] | Excellent. And the Whiz Kidz? | 很好 沃特神童呢 |
[39:31] | Melanie and Tracy are home, | 梅兰妮和特雷西回家了 |
[39:32] | and Meatball’s calling his dad from the trailer. | 肉球在拖车里给他爸爸打电话 |
[39:34] | Great job, guys. | 干得漂亮 各位 |
[39:35] | I was just wrangling the kids. | 我只是看着那些孩子而已 |
[39:36] | Ralph really helped, though. | 不过拉尔夫帮了很大的忙 |
[39:38] | Oh, no. Everyone contributed. | 不 每个人都有贡献 |
[39:39] | Even Meatball. | 连肉球都有份 |
[39:41] | I think you make a good team. | 我想你们会是很棒的团队 |
[39:44] | Maybe Ralph could help you running my reelection campaign. | 也许拉尔夫能帮你筹划我的再选 |
[39:47] | Y-You’ll run again next year? | 你明年还要参加竞选 |
[39:49] | Our science club just helped save two lives. | 咱们的科学俱乐部救了两条人命 |
[39:51] | We’re making a difference. | 我们在做出自己的贡献 |
[39:53] | You up for being my assistant campaign manager? | 你愿意当我的竞选经理助理吗 |
[39:56] | It’ll be really long hours working together. | 我们会花很多的时间一起工作 |
[39:58] | You have the time? | 你有时间吗 |
[40:00] | I-I’ll make the time. | 我会抽出时间的 |
[40:02] | Excelsior. | 棒极了 |
[40:03] | Now, how about some celebration milkshakes, huh? | 要不要来杯奶昔庆祝一下 |
[40:10] | Yes. | 好 |
[40:10] | Paige? I’m taking the kids to Kovelsky’s. | 佩吉 我带孩子们去科沃斯基饭馆 |
[40:12] | Be back in an hour. | 一小时后回来 |
[40:13] | Uh, bring me a chocolate? | 给我带杯巧克力 |
[40:19] | You hiding back here? | 你躲在这吗 |
[40:20] | No. | 不是 |
[40:21] | Yes, you are. | 就是 |
[40:23] | You’re hiding because the woman you dreamed about | 你躲起来 是因为你梦里的那个女人 |
[40:25] | and your crazy girlfriend were talking. | 和你疯狂的女朋友在聊天 |
[40:27] | And if I were you, I’d hide, too. | 如果我是你 我也躲起来 |
[40:29] | You would? | 你也会吗 |
[40:30] | Yep. | 是 |
[40:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:34] | Because I was unreasonable. | 因为我之前不太理智 |
[40:38] | And insecure. | 十分不安 |
[40:39] | And wrong. | 我错了 |
[40:41] | Walter, I saw two teens today trust each other | 沃特 我今天看到两个青少年互相信任 |
[40:43] | with their lives, jumping as one, | 以命相依 一起跳下飞机 |
[40:45] | so I should easily be able to trust you with a stupid dream. | 我也应该相信你 那不过是个愚蠢的梦 |
[40:48] | The dream wasn’t totally stupid. | 那个梦并不蠢 |
[40:50] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[40:52] | When I was almost dying, my subconscious knew | 在我快死的时候 我的潜意识知道 |
[40:55] | t-the only way out | 唯一的出路 |
[40:56] | was to find you. I-I trusted you | 就是找到你 我信任你 |
[40:59] | to bring me back from the brink of death. | 能将我从死亡边缘拉回来 |
[41:04] | And I trust you. | 我也信任你 |
[41:08] | You know, Sly and the kids won’t be back for an hour. | 希尔和孩子们还要一个小时才能回来 |
[41:16] | My father says that the solar flare messed with the wiring | 我老爹说太阳耀斑弄坏了 |
[41:19] | in his electric car, so I’m sleeping over. | 他电车的电线 所以我今晚睡在这了 |
[41:25] | Damn it. | 该死 |