| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | What’s that thing Happy always says? | 乐乐总说的那句是什么来着 | 
| [00:04] | “Damn it, Toby, put a baby in me already”? | “该死 托比 让我怀上吧” | 
| [00:05] | I’m the reason we can’t have kids. | 我们生不出孩子是我的问题 | 
| [00:06] | 托拜厄斯·M·柯蒂斯 唯支持细胞综合征 | |
| [00:07] | What would you say if it were me? | 如果是我有问题的话你会怎么说 | 
| [00:09] | I’d tell you that I love you and that medical science | 我会告诉你我爱你 医学上 | 
| [00:11] | – has ways around issues like these. – Ditto. | -一定有解决方法 -这也是我想说的 | 
| [00:14] | We’re cleaning the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, | 我们要负责清理大太平洋垃圾带 | 
| [00:16] | a 500-ton mass of plastic shards | 那里有500吨塑料垃圾 | 
| [00:18] | floating in the ocean. | 漂浮在海上 | 
| [00:20] | Speaking of Walter, there is nothing between us. | 说到沃特 我们之间什么事也没有 | 
| [00:24] | He and I are alike. | 他跟我很像 | 
| [00:25] | Too much head, too little heart. | 用脑过多 用心太少 | 
| [00:27] | – What’s this? – You seemed upset by Paige’s germs | -这是什么 -看起来佩吉的细菌让你不舒服了 | 
| [00:29] | so I mixed up a disinfectant solution. | 所以我配了个消毒剂 | 
| [00:31] | She laughed at my joke. | 我说笑话她会笑 | 
| [00:33] | She gave me disinfectant for Valentine’s. | 情人节送我消毒剂 | 
| [00:35] | And the way she described her perfect guy to Paige? | 她对佩吉描述的理想型 | 
| [00:38] | Who’s more vulnerable than me? I get nosebleeds on escalators. | 还有谁比我更脆弱 我坐自动扶梯都会流鼻血 | 
| [00:46] | Freeway. | 高速 | 
| [00:48] | Roadside ditch. | 公路边沟 | 
| [00:50] | Cucumber? | 黄瓜 | 
| [00:56] | Uh… map? | 地图 | 
| [00:57] | Snake and baby snake. | 蛇和小蛇 | 
| [00:59] | Oh. Maps to the Stars. | 《星图》 | 
| [01:00] | Clearly these are not stars. | 这些显然不是星星 | 
| [01:01] | Ah, time. | 时间到 | 
| [01:03] | Seriously? How’d you not get this? | 不是吧 怎么会猜不到呢 | 
| [01:05] | Let’s see what this mysterious drawing | 看看这副神秘的图 | 
| [01:07] | was supposed to be. Moon River? | 究竟是什么 《月亮河》 | 
| [01:08] | How was that Moon River? | 这怎么是《月亮河》了 | 
| [01:10] | Well, this is a topographically accurate depiction | 这是佐治亚州萨凡纳月亮河 | 
| [01:12] | of the Moon River in Savannah, Georgia, | 准确的地形图 | 
| [01:13] | and this is a worm, | 这是一条虫子 | 
| [01:15] | indicating Wormsloe State Historical Site. | 暗示沃姆斯洛州历史遗址 | 
| [01:19] | Walter, “Moon River” is a song. | 沃特 《月亮河》是首歌 | 
| [01:20] | It’s one of my favorite old standards. | 是我最喜欢的老歌之一 | 
| [01:23] | I like old standards | 我喜欢老歌 | 
| [01:24] | just as much as I like spontaneous game nights. | 也喜欢临时的游戏之夜 | 
| [01:27] | You could have just done this. | 你可以这么画啊 | 
| [01:38] | The flag of Azerbaijan? | 阿塞拜疆的国旗吗 | 
| [01:39] | Forget it. Greg, you’re up. | 算了 格雷戈 你来吧 | 
| [01:41] | I thought that doctor was great. | 我觉得那个医生很好 | 
| [01:43] | She went to Brown. | 她布朗大学毕业的 | 
| [01:45] | It has a great medical school. | 他们有很棒的医学院 | 
| [01:46] | Yeah, if you can’t get into Harvard. | 是啊 如果进不了哈佛的话 | 
| [01:48] | Okay, you nixed the Harvard doctor, too, | 好吧 你也否决了那个哈佛的医生 | 
| [01:50] | along with six more of the top fertility specialists in L.A. | 还有洛杉矶另外六位顶级生育专家 | 
| [01:53] | Happy, I didn’t tell you– that Harvard doc | 乐乐 我没说 那个哈佛医生 | 
| [01:55] | had a row of pencils lined up | 列了一排铅笔 | 
| [01:57] | right next to a perfectly good pencil holder. | 放在一个好好的铅笔夹旁 | 
| [01:59] | That’s a sign of a sociopath. | 那是反社会的标志 | 
| [02:00] | Oh, you should know. You gonna find something wrong | 你当然知道了 你要挑我们见的 | 
| [02:02] | with every doctor we meet? | 每一个医生的刺吗 | 
| [02:03] | This is a huge life step. This is arguably | 这是重要的人生进程 这可能是 | 
| [02:06] | the most important step we’ve ever taken. | 我们迈出的最重要的一步 | 
| [02:08] | Yeah, but you can’t decide on anything now. | 是啊 但你现在什么都决断不了 | 
| [02:10] | It took you 20 minutes to pick coffee this morning. | 你今早挑咖啡就挑了20分钟 | 
| [02:13] | Right, well, you want your baby concocted | 好吧 你希望宝宝用 | 
| [02:15] | by a cappuccino, a Frappuccino or a mocha latte? | 卡布基诺 法布基诺还是摩卡拿铁调出来嘛 | 
| [02:17] | Each one has different strengths and weaknesses. | 每一种都有不同的优缺点 | 
| [02:20] | – You’re an idiot. – Yeah. | -你是个白痴 -嗯 | 
| [02:22] | An idiot whose baby won’t be designed | 本白痴的宝宝不会由 | 
| [02:24] | by someone who went to Brown. | 布朗毕业生来设计 | 
| [02:27] | So please leave a message | 请在哔声后留言 | 
| [02:27] | after the beep and have a nice day. | 祝你愉快 | 
| [02:29] | This is Alderman Dodd. | 我是多德市议员 | 
| [02:30] | Again. This is the 14th message. | 我又打来了 这是第14通留言了 | 
| [02:32] | Please call me back. | 请给我回电 | 
| [02:34] | Who’s dodgin’ ya? | 谁在躲你 | 
| [02:35] | The Plastics Consortium of North America. | 北美塑料财团 | 
| [02:38] | That was gonna be my first guess. | 我正打算猜他们呢 | 
| [02:40] | I can’t stop thinking | 我一直忍不住想 | 
| [02:41] | about the garbage island we saw over Thanksgiving. | 我们感恩节时看到的那个垃圾岛 | 
| [02:44] | In 30 years, the ocean is going to be more plastic | 30年后 海洋中的塑料 | 
| [02:47] | than marine life. | 将多于海洋生物 | 
| [02:48] | So I’m trying to set up meetings | 所以 我想安排会见 | 
| [02:50] | with the CEOs of various bottled water corporations, | 各大瓶装水公司的执行总裁 | 
| [02:53] | so they can explore a new design for their bottles | 让他们研发新的瓶子设计 | 
| [02:55] | that uses .14 fewer grams of plastic. | 将塑料用量降低0.14克 | 
| [02:59] | But nobody is calling me back. | 但没人肯回我电话 | 
| [03:00] | I don’t trust bottled water. | 我不信任瓶装水 | 
| [03:03] | Had a real spring on my grandfather’s farm upstate | 我小时候 爷爷州北农场里 | 
| [03:05] | when I was a boy. | 有口清泉 | 
| [03:08] | Best I ever tasted. | 那是我喝过最好的水 | 
| [03:11] | Thank you, Cabe… | 谢谢 凯布 | 
| [03:11] | …for that entirely unhelpful insight. | 给出了这完全没用的看法 | 
| [03:15] | “I’m with Florence.” | 我跟弗洛伦斯在一起 | 
| [03:17] | “Gonna talk you up.” | 会帮你说好话 | 
| [03:18] | “Your Wingman.” | 我给你做僚机 | 
| [03:20] | Attaboy, Ralph. | 好小子 拉尔夫 | 
| [03:23] | It’s like you were deliberately bad at the game. | 你简直像是在有意不好好玩 | 
| [03:26] | I am not gonna dumb myself down for your friends. | 我不会为你的朋友放低自己的智商的 | 
| [03:28] | What credibility would I have? | 那我还有什么信誉可言 | 
| [03:30] | I just wanted to have a quiet cup of coffee. | 我只想安静地喝杯咖啡 | 
| [03:32] | And I just wanted | 我还只想 | 
| [03:33] | a regular fun night with non-geniusy stuff | 偶尔能享受普通的消遣之夜 | 
| [03:35] | for a change, and Walter ruined it. | 不跟天才沾边 被沃特搞砸了 | 
| [03:36] | – Ruined what? – He refused to draw anything “Pedestrian” | -搞砸了什么 -他不肯在我跟朋友的 | 
| [03:39] | for game night with my friends. | 游戏之夜上画普通的画 | 
| [03:40] | So when the clue was “carbon copy,” | 所以当提示为”复写本”时 | 
| [03:42] | he drew one atom of carbon and another atom of carbon. | 他画了一颗碳原子 然后又画了一颗碳原子 | 
| [03:46] | Come on, Paige, what’s a better way to display that? | 拜托 佩吉 还有什么表现方法比这更好 | 
| [03:49] | A car, a bun, a cop. | 一辆车 一个圆面包 一个警察 | 
| [03:51] | Well, I see great minds think alike. | 真是英雄所见略同 | 
| [03:54] | I’m the first to admit that my overall decisiveness | 我愿意承认我的整体决断能力 | 
| [03:56] | has been affected by the doctor decision, | 受到了医生决定的影响 | 
| [03:58] | but it’s not like I can’t come up with | 但我又不是完全不能 | 
| [03:59] | any course of action. | 想到任何行动方案 | 
| [04:00] | Really? Okay, I will wear the sexy pharmacist outfit tonight | 是吗 好 如果你能在10秒钟内决定 | 
| [04:04] | if you can pick where we get lunch from | 午饭吃哪家的菜 我今晚 | 
| [04:06] | in the next ten seconds. | 就穿成性感药剂师 | 
| [04:07] | Sexy pharmacist? | 性感药剂师 | 
| [04:09] | – She knows exactly what to prescribe. – Five seconds. | -她很清楚要开什么药 -5秒了 | 
| [04:11] | Uh, okay, uh, the… | 好吧 | 
| [04:13] | uh, Kovelsky’s. | 科沃斯基 | 
| [04:14] | Wait. Um, uh, Burger Hut. | 等等 汉堡屋 | 
| [04:16] | No. Actually, um… | 不 还是… | 
| [04:17] | Eh! Time’s up. | 时间到 | 
| [04:18] | No medicine for you, Wishy-Washy. | 别想要药了 优柔寡断 | 
| [04:21] | I should have figured as much | 我该知道 | 
| [04:22] | from the lowest genius IQ on the team. | 全队智商最低也就如此 | 
| [04:24] | Geez. You’re really mad at me. | 天呐 你真生我气了 | 
| [04:27] | Uh, guys. What’s this pictograph? | 各位 这幅图是什么 | 
| [04:30] | Carbon copy. | 复写本 | 
| [04:32] | See? Even the guy with the lowest IQ on the team got it. | 是吧 全队智商最低的都猜得到 | 
| [04:34] | That’s a defamatory, unconfirmed rumor. | 那是未经证实的中伤谣传 | 
| [04:36] | You know what? We don’t have time for this– | 好了 我们没这个功夫 | 
| [04:37] | we need to catch our flight to Colorado. | 我们得赶飞机去科罗拉多 | 
| [04:38] | PANDS is waiting. | PANDS还等着呢 | 
| [04:39] | Hey, what the hell is this case all about anyway? | 这个案子究竟是干什么啊 | 
| [04:42] | You guys are supposed to explain it to me. | 你们该解释给我听的 | 
| [04:44] | It’s been weeks, and you’ve been ducking me. | 这都几周了 你们一直躲我 | 
| [04:45] | Oh, don’t you get it, Cabe? | 你还不懂吗 凯布 | 
| [04:47] | These guys can’t bring themselves | 他们不愿为我们 | 
| [04:48] | to dumb it down for us. | 降低智商 | 
| [04:50] | Oh, right. Cabe, here it is. | 好吧 凯布 我说了 | 
| [04:51] | PANDS is the Particle Accelerator Neutrino Detection Station. | PANDS是粒子加速器中微子探测站 | 
| [04:55] | It’s a physics laboratory | 是一个物理实验室 | 
| [04:56] | in the Rocky Mountains. | 位于落基山脉 | 
| [04:57] | World’s deepest lab. | 世界上最深的实验室 | 
| [04:58] | It’s built three kilometers underground | 建在地下数公里处 | 
| [05:00] | to shield experiments | 以保证实验 | 
| [05:02] | from cosmic radiation. | 不受宇宙辐射的影响 | 
| [05:03] | Has a state-of-the-art particle collider. | 拥有最先进的粒子对撞机 | 
| [05:05] | And the PANDS scientists think they detected a WIMP. | PANDS科学家认为他们检测到了WIMP | 
| [05:08] | Well, that shouldn’t be too hard. | 应该不难 | 
| [05:09] | I’m sure they’re all wimps. | 他们肯定都是软蛋 | 
| [05:10] | No, no, a Weakly Interacting Massive Particle. | 不 是弱相互作用大质量粒子 | 
| [05:12] | It’s theorized they constitute dark matter and could interact | 根据理论 它们组成了暗物质 可以跟 | 
| [05:15] | with forces outside of the standard model of physics. | 标准物理模型之外的力量相反应 | 
| [05:17] | A WIMP would be a momentous discovery. | WIMP可是了不起的发现 | 
| [05:18] | Problem is, many of these discoveries | 问题是 很多这样的发现 | 
| [05:20] | are conveniently announced | 都碰巧是在 | 
| [05:22] | right when labs are applying for federal funding. | 实验室申请联邦资助时发生 | 
| [05:24] | Some of them could be bogus. | 有些可能是骗人的 | 
| [05:26] | So the government hired us to verify experiment results | 所以政府雇我们去证实实验结果 | 
| [05:29] | before they give the grant. | 再决定要不要给他们拨款 | 
| [05:30] | Yes, and the lab’s been cleared out | 没错 实验室已经清空 | 
| [05:32] | for us to conduct verification, | 好让我们去进行证实 | 
| [05:33] | which we should run through before we get there. | 我们去之前应该过一遍过程 | 
| [05:36] | Now, this ball is filled with one ton of liquid argon, | 这颗球里装了1吨的液氩 | 
| [05:40] | stored at negative 190 degrees Celsius, | 以零下190摄氏度储存 | 
| [05:42] | and surrounded by hundreds of photomultiplier tubes | 被数百个光电倍增管环绕 | 
| [05:46] | sensitive to the emissions of even a single photon. | 能够感应到哪怕一个光子的发射 | 
| [05:49] | So if there is a WIMP, | 如果真有WIMP | 
| [05:50] | it will produce a flash of VUV rays | 它会产生一道真空紫外线 | 
| [05:53] | detectable by these sensors. | 传感器就能检测到 | 
| [05:54] | And we will run a systems test on the whole detector. | 然后我们再对整个探测器进行系统测试 | 
| [05:57] | He’s not even winded, which pisses me off even more. | 他连气都不喘 这更让我不爽了 | 
| [06:00] | Then we’ll irradiate the ball with neutrons | 然后我们再用我弄到的 | 
| [06:02] | from the supply of radioactive californium I obtained. | 放射性锎的中子来辐射大球 | 
| [06:06] | Oh. Think I found a WIMP. | 矮油 发现一个软蛋 | 
| [06:08] | If the neutrons emitted by spontaneous fission | 如果锎的自发核分裂放射出的中子 | 
| [06:11] | in the californium interact with liquid argon, | 与液氩产生反应 | 
| [06:13] | as we predict, the detector is sound | 符合我们的预测 那么探测器就没问题 | 
| [06:16] | and the WIMP discovery is verified. | WIMP发现也可以得到证实 | 
| [06:19] | Glad you explained it to me. | 多谢解释 | 
| [06:31] | Hello. | 你好 | 
| [06:32] | I’m Paige Dineen, team manager. | 我是佩吉·狄宁 团队经理 | 
| [06:34] | You must be Mr. Bhatt. | 你是巴特先生吧 | 
| [06:35] | – Please, call me Raja. – Walter. | -喊我拉贾就行 -我是沃特 | 
| [06:37] | We are delighted to have you here. | 我们很高兴你们能来 | 
| [06:39] | Uh, a quick… quick lay of the land. | 我先说下情况 | 
| [06:41] | The lab is built beneath an existing gold mine. | 实验室建在已有的金矿之下 | 
| [06:44] | So you’ll use the mine’s elevator for access. | 所以你们用金矿升降梯下去 | 
| [06:47] | For the sake of integrity, I’m not allowed down | 为确保避免干扰 你们验证 | 
| [06:49] | while you verify our results, so I will be in that building, | 我们结果期间我不能下去 所以我会在那里 | 
| [06:52] | the Security and Observation Center, | 那是安保和观察中心 | 
| [06:53] | or SOC… | 我们也叫SOC | 
| [06:55] | with a Mr…. | 你们中的… | 
| [06:58] | Gallo… and a Ms. Dineen. | 格洛先生和狄宁小姐会陪着我 | 
| [07:00] | Uh, it has monitors linked to security cameras | 里面有显示屏与实验室内 | 
| [07:02] | peppered throughout the lab, | 遍布的监控相连 | 
| [07:03] | so we’ll be able to watch you work. | 所以我们可以看你们工作 | 
| [07:06] | Uh, as I’m sure you’re aware, there are consequences | 你们肯定知道 长时间在地下工作 | 
| [07:08] | to being that far underground for extended periods of time. | 会对人体有所影响 | 
| [07:10] | The increased air pressure pushes toxins into the blood, | 因为气压大 会把毒素压入血液中 | 
| [07:13] | which could negatively impact the neural pathways. | 可能对神经通路产生不良影响 | 
| [07:16] | Paige, you think about it like, uh, it’s just gunk | 佩吉 这就像是黏液 | 
| [07:18] | blocking your brain. | 堵塞了你的大脑 | 
| [07:19] | Not everything has to be translated. | 不是什么东西都需要解释的 | 
| [07:21] | The “neural pathways” is easy enough. | “神经通路”很好理解了 | 
| [07:22] | They’re… the pathways… | 就是通路嘛 | 
| [07:25] | for… | 是… | 
| [07:26] | Almost there. | 就差一点了 | 
| [07:26] | …all things neural. | 跟神经有关的 | 
| [07:28] | – There you go. – End result is that the lab | -对了 -总之 实验室 | 
| [07:30] | has a safety limit of four hours. | 有四小时的安全时限 | 
| [07:32] | After that, it’s harder to think, | 之后 思维会迟缓 | 
| [07:33] | uh, cognitive abilities decline. | 认知能力会下降 | 
| [07:35] | It’s like a-a graph of exponential stupidity. | 就像呈指数态的愚蠢图表 | 
| [07:39] | Until your IQ falls off a cliff. | 直到你的智商坠崖 | 
| [07:41] | If my IQ fell off a cliff, I’d basically be Toby. | 如果我的智商坠崖了 我就变成托比了 | 
| [07:45] | See what you started? | 看你挑的事 | 
| [07:46] | We’ll finish under four hours. Everything will be just fine. | 我们四小时内能完工 不会有事的 | 
| [07:48] | Comms in, everyone. | 各位戴上通讯器 | 
| [07:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [07:55] | Uh, shall we? | 我们走吧 | 
| [07:58] | Hey, honey. You at the convention? | 亲爱的 你在大会吗 | 
| [08:00] | Uh, heading in now. I’m really excited. | 正要进去了 好激动 | 
| [08:02] | Be sure to behave for Florence. | 一定别给弗洛伦斯添麻烦 | 
| [08:04] | Will you put her on the phone for a second? | 能让她听下电话吗 | 
| [08:08] | Hello. | 喂 | 
| [08:09] | Hi. I just wanted to say thanks for taking Ralph along today. | 我想感谢你今天带拉尔夫去 | 
| [08:12] | It’s my pleasure. | 不客气 | 
| [08:13] | I normally dislike children, but he’s an abnormal child. | 我一般不喜欢小孩 但他不是一般孩子 | 
| [08:16] | Thank you. I… I think. | 谢谢…吧 | 
| [08:19] | Uh… oh. Security requires us to check our phones at the door, | 保安要求我们把手机留在门口 | 
| [08:22] | so we won’t be reachable for a few hours. | 所以我们几小时内不能联系你了 | 
| [08:24] | But I promise the moment we get out, we’ll give you a call. | 但我们一出来 我们肯定会给你打电话的 | 
| [08:26] | Okay? Talk soon. | 好吗 回聊 | 
| [08:30] | Eh, she won’t be happy | 她不会乐意 | 
| [08:31] | about not being able to be in touch with me. | 不能联系到我的 | 
| [08:34] | Well, I’m-I’m sure she trusts I’ll take good care of you. | 她肯定会相信我会照顾好你的 | 
| [08:38] | It’s not you. | 不是你的问题 | 
| [08:39] | Only person she trusts watching me is Sylvester. | 她从来只相信希尔维斯特照看我 | 
| [08:42] | She always says he’s the most responsible | 她总说他是全队里 | 
| [08:44] | and trustworthy member of the team. | 最负责最值得信任的人了 | 
| [08:46] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [08:49] | He seems afraid of his own shadow. | 他似乎连自己的影子都怕 | 
| [08:51] | Um, just very cautious. Another great trait he has. | 就是谨慎嘛 也是他的优点之一 | 
| [08:54] | Yep, can’t go wrong with reliable old Sylvester. | 靠谱的希尔维斯特 准没错的 | 
| [09:05] | Man, we’re going down deep. | 我们下去好深啊 | 
| [09:07] | Don’t remind me! | 别提醒我 | 
| [09:09] | What is that? | 那是什么 | 
| [09:12] | Do you seriously not know what this is? | 你真的不知道这是什么吗 | 
| [09:13] | No more plastic in the workplace; I wrote a memo. | 工作场所不许再用塑料了 我写了备忘录 | 
| [09:15] | Oh, right, right. Now I remember that memo. | 是啊 现在我记起来了 | 
| [09:17] | I, uh, I stuffed it in a plastic jug, | 我把它塞进了一个塑料罐里 | 
| [09:19] | – and then I threw it in the gutter. – Very funny. | -然后丢进了下水沟 -真逗 | 
| [09:21] | Unhand that bottle. | 放下那个瓶子 | 
| [09:28] | Are you happy now? | 这下开心了吗 | 
| [09:31] | Can the children fight later? | 孩子们能回头再吵吗 | 
| [09:32] | We have work to do. | 我们还有工作呢 | 
| [09:42] | Okay. | 好了 | 
| [09:45] | – Yeah, we’re in the lab. – The clean room | -我们进实验室了 -净室 | 
| [09:47] | is super cool. | 超酷的 | 
| [09:48] | Four hours starts now. | 四小时开始计时 | 
| [09:51] | Okay. Have fun down there. | 好的 好好玩吧 | 
| [09:53] | So, uh, the clean room is fitted | 净室配备了 | 
| [09:55] | with directed, high-pressurized nozzles | 定向高压喷嘴 | 
| [09:57] | that blow out a proprietary hydrogen-nitrogen mixture | 会喷出专利氢氮混合物 | 
| [09:59] | that’ll purify you and your clothing. | 可以净化你们和你们的衣物 | 
| [10:01] | It’s a little, uh… | 是有点… | 
| [10:03] | it’s a little abrasive. | 有点讨厌啦 | 
| [10:04] | But, uh, necessary– | 但 也是必须的 | 
| [10:05] | so you don’t bring contaminants into the lab. | 能够避免将污染物带入实验室 | 
| [10:08] | And I’m turning on the system. | 我正在启动系统 | 
| [10:12] | Hold on. These industrial blowers | 站稳了 这些工业风机 | 
| [10:14] | will knock the boogers out of your nose. | 能把鼻屎都吹出来 | 
| [10:29] | Okay. You are completely purified. | 好了 你们被彻底净化了 | 
| [10:34] | We have to get that for the garage. | 我们一定得放一台到车库 | 
| [10:39] | Are you kidding me? | 你逗我呢吧 | 
| [10:41] | I’m drinking purified purified water. | 我在喝被净化过的纯净水 | 
| [10:43] | That’s living, Sly. | 这就是生活 希尔 | 
| [10:48] | I can’t believe we’re actually here. | 简直不敢相信我们真的进到了这里 | 
| [10:50] | Every piece of equipment is state-of-the-art. | 每一个仪器都是尖端科技 | 
| [10:52] | “Prairie Dogs Under Observation.” | “土拨鼠观察进行中” | 
| [10:55] | Ugh. Prairie dogs? | 土拨鼠 | 
| [10:56] | Disgusting dirt dwellers. | 恶心巴拉的土里生物 | 
| [10:58] | That must be how the scientists analyze the effects | 科学家们一定就是用这个来分析 | 
| [11:00] | of pressure on cognition, | 压力对认知的影响的 | 
| [11:02] | ’cause prairie dogs are naturally burrowing creatures, | 因为土拨鼠是天生的穴居动物 | 
| [11:05] | so they might have ways of reacting | 所以面对增强的压力 | 
| [11:06] | to increased pressure that we don’t know about. | 它们也许有我们上不了解的反应 | 
| [11:08] | Like being unable to make basic decisions. | 比如无法做出一些简单的决定 | 
| [11:12] | That’s uncalled for. | 躺着也中枪 | 
| [11:21] | The argon tank. | 氩气箱 | 
| [11:23] | It’s everything I’ve ever dreamed. | 简直是梦想成真 | 
| [11:28] | I’ll check the photosensors | 我去检查光敏传感器 | 
| [11:29] | while you guys handle the monitors. | 你们去搞定显示屏 | 
| [11:38] | Man, think about what they’re doing down here. | 老天 想想他们在这底下的工作 | 
| [11:41] | It’s amazing. | 简直棒呆了 | 
| [11:42] | Four percent of the universe is matter as we understand it. | 4%的宇宙是由我们所知的物质构成的 | 
| [11:46] | 26% is dark matter and 70% is dark energy, | 26%是暗物质 还有70%是暗能量 | 
| [11:49] | both of which we know bupkis about. | 对于后两者我们都知之甚少 | 
| [11:51] | That means that if we learned everything | 那意味着 即便我们 | 
| [11:53] | in the current encyclopedia of human knowledge, | 对人类知识百科全书的一切都了如指掌 | 
| [11:55] | we’d still only comprehend four percent of the universe. | 我们对整个宇宙的了解依然只有百分之四 | 
| [11:57] | Which means you’d only know about one percent. | 这意味着你只了解了百分之一 | 
| [12:00] | Lowest Scorpion IQ and all. | 鉴于你是天蝎里智商最低的 | 
| [12:01] | That’s unconfirmed. | 这说法未经证实 | 
| [12:03] | Okay, computers are up and running. | 好了 电脑已经启动好了 | 
| [12:06] | Keep an eye on the timer. | 留意一下计时器 | 
| [12:07] | We have three hours and 48 minutes | 在我们大脑无法全速运行前 | 
| [12:09] | until our brains stop working at full capacity. | 我们还有3小时48分钟 | 
| [12:13] | This is super cool. | 真是太酷了 | 
| [12:15] | I bet Paige and Cabe are on the edge of their seats. | 我赌佩吉和凯布一定也很激动 | 
| [12:18] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [12:19] | Celebrities names who are also food. | 名字是食物的明星 | 
| [12:23] | Sugar Ray Leonard. | 舒格[糖]·雷·伦纳德 | 
| [12:24] | Kevin Bacon. | 凯文·贝肯[培根] | 
| [12:26] | Chuck Connors. | 查克·康纳斯 | 
| [12:27] | How’s that food? | 这怎么就成食物了 | 
| [12:28] | Ground chuck, it’s meat. | 查克有肉馅的意思 | 
| [12:30] | Who calls meat “Chuck” anymore? | 现在谁还会管肉喊”查克”了 | 
| [12:32] | I do. It’s valid. Go. | 我会 这答案稳 继续 | 
| [12:34] | Ice Cube. | 艾斯[冰]·库珀 | 
| [12:35] | Ice is frozen water. | 冰是冻住了的水 | 
| [12:36] | Invalid. | 不算 | 
| [12:37] | He’s right. Not a food. | 他说得对 冰不是食物 | 
| [12:40] | How long have we been doing this? | 我们玩了多久了 | 
| [12:42] | 40 minutes. | 40分钟 | 
| [12:44] | Feels like 40 hours. | 感觉像是过了40小时 | 
| [12:50] | Just giving the diagnostic results a perusal. | 正在研究诊断结果 | 
| [12:53] | Oh, we’re wrapped already? | 已经在收尾了吗 | 
| [12:54] | The four hours went by that quickly. | 四小时还真是一眨眼就过去了 | 
| [12:56] | You want to see this. | 你得看看这个 | 
| [12:58] | Look at the rise of the photoelectron integral. | 这是光电子整体的上升 | 
| [13:01] | Toby, check this out. | 托比 看看这个 | 
| [13:03] | Guys, you seeing this? | 伙计们 看到了吗 | 
| [13:08] | Uh, yeah. Cabe can’t see anything, | 我看到了 凯布没看到 | 
| [13:09] | He’s literally passed out from boredom. | 他字面意义上被无聊晕了 | 
| [13:11] | Well, ignoring the fact that you used | 先不说你用错了 | 
| [13:12] | “literally” incorrectly, because he fell asleep | “字面意义上”这个说法 因为他是睡着了 | 
| [13:15] | rather than “passed out,” | 而不是”晕了” | 
| [13:15] | can you let Raja take a look at this? | 你能让拉贾看一眼这个吗 | 
| [13:17] | No, I see it, I see it. | 不用 我看见了 我看见了 | 
| [13:18] | The argon ball responded accurately to the californium, | 氩气球精准地对锎产生了反应 | 
| [13:20] | which-which-which means a valid detector. | 这意味着真的探测到了 | 
| [13:22] | We… We found WIMPs. | 我们…我们找到WIMP了 | 
| [13:24] | Our-our discovery is verified. | 我们的发现被证实了 | 
| [13:28] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 | 
| [13:30] | Yes! | 太好了 | 
| [13:33] | What’s goin’ on? | 发生什么了 | 
| [13:34] | Just, uh, nerds getting rowdy. | 就是书呆子们在发疯而已 | 
| [13:36] | We’re heading topside. | 我们现在就上去 | 
| [13:38] | Make it snappy. You’re over the four hour limit. | 麻利点 你们已经超过四小时的时限了 | 
| [13:40] | You don’t wanna get daffy down there. | 你们可不想在下面变傻吧 | 
| [13:42] | Oh, come on. We haven’t even checked out | 拜托 我们还没去看 | 
| [13:43] | the particle collider yet. | 粒子对撞机呢 | 
| [13:44] | When are we ever gonna be back here? | 我们什么时候还能找到机会来这里啊 | 
| [13:46] | You know, the four-hour limit applies to people with normal brains. | 四小时时限是针对一般大脑而言的 | 
| [13:49] | We’re geniuses, even Toby, | 我们是天才 包括托比 | 
| [13:51] | so I’m sure that we can stay down a little bit longer | 所以我确信我们能在下面待久一点 | 
| [13:53] | without any adverse effects. | 而不会出现什么副作用 | 
| [13:55] | Let’s do it. | 走吧 | 
| [13:56] | Oh, 9,000 feet underground, suddenly Sly’s a rebel. | 在2700米的地下 希尔忽然就叛逆了 | 
| [13:59] | Okay, we won’t stay for long! | 好了 我们不会待太久的 | 
| [14:01] | We’ll be back up with your test results soon, | 我们马上就会带着你要的结果上去了 | 
| [14:03] | Raja, promise. | 拉贾 我保证 | 
| [14:04] | Is this okay? | 这样没关系吗 | 
| [14:05] | Yeah, I suppose it’s all right. | 嗯 没什么大碍啦 | 
| [14:07] | It’s just a, it’s just a few minutes. | 就…就几分钟而已 | 
| [14:13] | What a beauty. | 真是个美人 | 
| [14:15] | And it’s only operating at 50% capacity. | 它如今只用了50%的功率在运行 | 
| [14:18] | Its particles accelerate to 15 tera electron volts. | 里面的粒子加速到了15兆电子伏特 | 
| [14:21] | An electronic feedback mechanism | 电子反馈机制 | 
| [14:23] | prevents it from reaching its full capacity of 30, | 使其不能达到30兆的最大功率 | 
| [14:26] | which could validate a specific class of supersymmetry theories, | 否则就能证明超对称理论中特定的理论 | 
| [14:31] | better helping us understand | 帮助我们更好地理解 | 
| [14:33] | the fabric of matter and energy themselves. | 物质的结构以及能量本身了 | 
| [14:37] | There’s also a small chance that… | 同时 还有微弱的可能… | 
| [14:39] | that particles colliding with that much energy | 当粒子以那么大的速度对撞时 | 
| [14:41] | would create a black hole | 可能会产生能够吞噬 | 
| [14:42] | that’ll swallow up our whole solar system. | 我们整个太阳系的黑洞 | 
| [14:44] | How small a chance? | 这个可能性有多微弱 | 
| [14:46] | No one knows. | 没有人知道 | 
| [14:47] | It’s like a game of proton roulette. | 这就像是个质子赌轮盘 | 
| [14:49] | Roulette’s odds are 37 to one; these are far greater. | 赌轮盘的概率是三十七分之一 概率太大了 | 
| [14:51] | That was a terrible analogy. | 这个类比真差劲 | 
| [14:53] | Toby, are you okay? | 托比 你还好吗 | 
| [14:54] | Yep, yeah. | 嗯嗯 | 
| [14:56] | It’s all good in the neighborhood, my man. | 一切顺利 兄弟 | 
| [14:58] | Okay, maybe we should get out now. | 也许我们该上去了 | 
| [15:00] | Good idea. | 好主意 | 
| [15:04] | I was reading a book on antigravity the other day | 前几天我在读一本关于反重力的书 | 
| [15:07] | and I couldn’t put it down. | 然后就放不下了 | 
| [15:08] | That’s my joke from my stand-up. | 这是我相声表演里的包袱 | 
| [15:11] | You’re really funny. | 你真有意思 | 
| [15:12] | I have the gift. | 我有天赋 | 
| [15:14] | What the hell was that? | 那是什么动静 | 
| [15:15] | It’s the nozzle to one of the hydrogen gas tanks. | 是其中一个氢气罐的喷嘴 | 
| [15:17] | It popped off. | 被崩下来了 | 
| [15:18] | It’s leaking out flammable hydrogen. | 可燃的氢气正从里面泄漏出来 | 
| [15:19] | If we don’t find a fix quick, | 如果我们不马上修补好 | 
| [15:21] | this joint’s gonna blow up. | 这里就会爆炸 | 
| [15:22] | I’ll shut it down with one of the electrical backups. | 我来用备用电源把它关掉 | 
| [15:24] | Well, how did this happen? | 怎么会这样的 | 
| [15:25] | Nozzles aren’t supposed to pop off. | 喷嘴不应该会被崩下来才对 | 
| [15:32] | Guessing that’s how. | 看来这就是原因了 | 
| [15:34] | A prairie dog. | 一只土拨鼠 | 
| [15:34] | Told you they were wretched animals. | 早说过这种动物很烦人了 | 
| [15:36] | That must’ve escaped from the cage, | 它肯定是从那笼子里逃出来 | 
| [15:37] | and messed with the wiring. | 咬坏了了线路 | 
| [15:38] | Th-That increased the pressure in the tanks. | 导致气罐里的压力升高 | 
| [15:40] | The little guy did extensive damage. | 东西不大 惹的麻烦可不小 | 
| [15:42] | Luckily, I’m here, so I can stop it. | 还好有我在 我能阻止它 | 
| [15:45] | You guys are four hours 30 minutes underground. | 你们在地下都四个半小时了 | 
| [15:47] | You’re gonna start losing IQ points, if you’re not already. | 就算没变傻 你们的智商也该下降了 | 
| [15:49] | You sure you’re up for this? | 你确定你能行吗 | 
| [15:50] | Of course I am. In fact… | 当然了 其实… | 
| [15:52] | Aha, I already did it. | 我已经弄好了 | 
| [15:53] | That seems a little bit too fast, son. | 你这有点太快了吧 孩子 | 
| [15:56] | Uh, Walt, | 沃特 | 
| [15:57] | you didn’t fix crap; the hydrogen’s still leaking. | 你啥也没修好 氢气还在泄漏 | 
| [16:01] | Oh, boy. | 老天 | 
| [16:03] | The green indicator light from the particle collider room. | 是粒子对撞室的绿指示灯 | 
| [16:06] | Indicating what? | 这灯什么意思 | 
| [16:07] | Indicating that the collider’s been activated | 意思是对撞机已被启动 | 
| [16:09] | to reach full capacity. | 满负荷运行 | 
| [16:11] | Walter, whatever you did to the electronic system | 沃特 你对电子系统做的操作 | 
| [16:14] | didn’t shut down the hydrogen. | 没能堵上氢气 | 
| [16:16] | It stepped on the collider’s gas pedal. | 反而让对撞机加速运行 | 
| [16:18] | Does that mean it’s gonna create a black hole? | 它是不是要造出个黑洞了 | 
| [16:21] | Maybe. Or maybe it’ll just explode and kill us. | 或许吧 又或许对撞机会爆炸 炸死我们 | 
| [16:25] | Well, I don’t make mistakes. | 我不会犯错 | 
| [16:26] | My mental state must be impaired. | 我的精神状态肯定是受损了 | 
| [16:28] | How do you walk around like this? | 你是怎么忍受这种状态的 | 
| [16:30] | You’re insulting me? | 你是在侮辱我吗 | 
| [16:31] | Walt, you just started a chain reaction | 沃特 你刚刚引起了一个链式反应 | 
| [16:33] | that could destroy the space-time continuum, | 这反应能破坏时空连续体 | 
| [16:35] | and then Keanu Reeves and the other guy | 然后基努·李维斯和另一个人 | 
| [16:36] | are gonna pop out of that phone booth. | 就会从那个电话亭里蹦出来 | 
| [16:38] | Who? | 谁 | 
| [16:39] | Our only way out is through a room filled | 我们唯一的出路是穿过一间 | 
| [16:41] | with hydrogen gas and flammable disinfectants. | 充满氢气和易燃消毒剂的房间 | 
| [16:44] | Tiniest friction created by opening the door | 就算是开门所产生的最小的摩擦 | 
| [16:46] | could cause a huge gas explosion. | 都可能引起大型气体爆炸 | 
| [16:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [16:54] | She said “huge gas explosion.” | 她说”大型气体爆炸” | 
| [17:02] | Why are geniuses laughing | 为什么一群天才死到临头 | 
| [17:03] | at a fart joke when they’re about to die? | 还会被放屁梗逗笑啊 | 
| [17:05] | ‘Cause they’re not geniuses anymore… | 因为他们不再是天才了 | 
| [17:08] | they’re idiots. | 他们现在是白痴 | 
| [17:21] | We’ve never left anyone underground long enough | 我们从没让人在地下待这么久 | 
| [17:22] | to witness effects like this. | 以至于会发生这种情况 | 
| [17:24] | They’re not fully “idiots” like you say, | 他们也不完全是你所说的白痴 | 
| [17:26] | but they are rapidly approaching | 不过他们的智商在迅速地 | 
| [17:27] | average intelligence. | 降至平均值 | 
| [17:28] | And every minute, it’s gonna get harder and harder | 对他们来说 要解决所面临的困境 | 
| [17:29] | for them to fix their situation. | 每时每刻都在变得更加困难 | 
| [17:31] | Guys, snap out of it. | 各位 快别笑了 | 
| [17:32] | Walter, can’t you undo what you did with the wires | 沃特 你能不能撤销刚才对电线的操作 | 
| [17:34] | to stop the collider? | 停止对撞机 | 
| [17:35] | Okay, my intellect’s been compromised, | 好吧 我的智商在下降 | 
| [17:36] | but I have further to fall | 但要从智商197变成傻子 | 
| [17:37] | since I’m coming all the way down from 197. | 我还有很长一段路要走 | 
| [17:39] | So I can give it a crack. | 所以我可以一试 | 
| [17:40] | No. He can’t risk messing with those wires | 不行 不能让他冒搞乱线路的风险 | 
| [17:42] | in case he makes things more bad. | 他可能会把事情变得更不好 | 
| [17:44] | You mean “worse”? | 你是想说”更糟”吗 | 
| [17:46] | Walt, do you have a plan or not? | 沃特 你到底有没有办法 | 
| [17:47] | Yes. Two, actually. | 有 其实有两个 | 
| [17:49] | While we still retain some of our faculties, | 趁我们还没把本事忘光 | 
| [17:50] | Sly and I will work to hack | 我和希尔会 | 
| [17:52] | into the particle collider to shut down the superconducting magnets, | 黑进粒子对撞机 把超导磁体关上 | 
| [17:55] | so then stopping the acceleration | 进而阻止质子加速 | 
| [17:57] | from the protons into the plasma. | 变为等离子体 | 
| [17:59] | Um, sounds good. | 听着不错 | 
| [18:01] | Okay, what’s plan number two? | 好 第二套方案是什么 | 
| [18:03] | Number two. | 第二套[解大手] | 
| [18:07] | Okay, seriously now. | 好了 严肃点 | 
| [18:08] | There is a button at the other end | 在净室的另一边 | 
| [18:10] | of the clean room | 有个按钮 | 
| [18:11] | uh, that opens the door to the mine shaft. | 能打开矿井的门 | 
| [18:14] | Now, uh, we can use that to vent out | 我们可以用矿井 | 
| [18:16] | the flammable hydrogen that way, | 疏散可燃的氢气 | 
| [18:19] | but we need a way to push the button. | 但我们得想法按到那个按钮 | 
| [18:23] | Oh. The purification jets. | 对了 用净化喷气 | 
| [18:26] | Oh, if they can blow the boogers out of your nose, | 如果那些喷气能把我们的鼻涕都弄干净 | 
| [18:28] | they can depress the button. | 那当然能按下按钮了 | 
| [18:29] | Okay, but the joystick controls will be hard to move. | 好吧 但操纵杆不好弄 | 
| [18:31] | There’s no servo motor. | 那里没有伺服电机 | 
| [18:32] | It’ll be like driving a car without power steering. | 就像开车的时候没有助力方向盘 | 
| [18:35] | Okay, Cabe and Paige, | 好 凯布和佩吉 | 
| [18:36] | you’ll need to rip the roof off the elevator shack | 你们得把电梯井的屋顶掀开 | 
| [18:38] | so the hydrogen can travel up, | 好让氢气由此上升 | 
| [18:40] | and escape safely into the atmosphere. Let’s go. | 安全地逃逸进大气层 行动吧 | 
| [18:44] | Can we knock off the roof supports? | 我们能弄掉屋顶支架吗 | 
| [18:46] | That’ll collapse the roof on the shaft, | 那会让电梯井的屋顶坍塌的 | 
| [18:47] | and it’s too heavy to lift by hand. | 而且徒手搬动起来也太沉了 | 
| [18:49] | Well, let’s not do it by hand at all. | 那我们就不要徒手干活 | 
| [18:51] | Let’s secure the roof to the SUV and rip it right out. | 我们把屋顶绑到SUV上 把它扯下来 | 
| [18:53] | Yeah, here. These work? | 给你 这些行吗 | 
| [18:55] | Yes. We can use mine cables. | 行 可以用矿井的缆线 | 
| [18:56] | Let’s go. Let’s go! | 行动起来 快 | 
| [18:58] | Okay, you see the button? | 好 你看到那按钮了吗 | 
| [18:59] | Uh, you redirect those two airstreams, | 你来控制那两个气流 | 
| [19:01] | I’ll redirect these two. | 我来控制这两个 | 
| [19:02] | Sounds good. Gloves on. | 好主意 戴上手套 | 
| [19:05] | And go. | 开始 | 
| [19:12] | Huh. These controls aren’t hard to move. | 这个操纵杆也不是很难用嘛 | 
| [19:14] | Raja’s a weakling. | 拉贾真是没用 | 
| [19:15] | Actually, the pressure down here | 其实 这底下的压力 | 
| [19:17] | is pushing toxins into our hebogoblin. | 在将毒素压进我们的血红蛋蛋 | 
| [19:19] | Uh, it’s “hemogiblin.” | 应该叫”血红大白” | 
| [19:21] | It’s also pushing oxygen | 还在将氧气 | 
| [19:23] | into our muscles, making them more powerful, | 压进我们的肌肉 使得肌肉更加强壮 | 
| [19:25] | so we’re stupid, but we’re strong. | 所以我们很傻 但很强壮 | 
| [19:28] | Oh, man, we’re becoming dumb jocks. | 老天 我们变得四肢发达头脑简单了 | 
| [19:30] | Thanks for the root beer. | 谢谢你给我买根汁汽水 | 
| [19:31] | Conference has been great so far. | 目前来看 展会还不错 | 
| [19:33] | Wait for the inert gas demonstration after intermission. | 等下中场休息结束 去看看惰气的演示 | 
| [19:36] | I hear it’s a game-changer. | 听说是个颠覆性的发现 | 
| [19:38] | Cool. | 好 | 
| [19:38] | Always up for a new experience. | 向来对新体验满怀期待 | 
| [19:40] | Sylvester taught me that. | 这是希尔维斯特教我的 | 
| [19:42] | He said “Gaining knowledge is the embedded stone | 他说 “获取知识 | 
| [19:44] | in the pathway to enlightenment.” | 是启蒙的基石” | 
| [19:46] | He did? | 他说的吗 | 
| [19:47] | Didn’t peg him as a philosopher. | 没想到他还是个哲学家 | 
| [19:50] | Philosopher, calculator, he can do it all. | 哲学家 人形计算器 他样样精通 | 
| [19:53] | I’m not that well-rounded. | 我就没那么全才了 | 
| [19:54] | Chemistry is my one and only wheelhouse. | 我只精通化学 | 
| [19:57] | Right, but based on what you gravitated to in the conference, | 对 但从展会上吸引你的东西来看 | 
| [20:00] | your main interest is in particle flocculation and coagulation. | 你最感兴趣的是粒子絮凝和聚沉 | 
| [20:03] | Wow. Yes, that’s correct. | 对 没错 | 
| [20:07] | How are you so familiar with that area of research? | 你怎么这么了解这一研究领域 | 
| [20:09] | From Scorpion. | 天蝎团队教我的 | 
| [20:10] | They’re the smartest team of people in the world. | 他们是世界上最聪明的一队人 | 
| [20:16] | Can you let me… please. | 能让我进去吗 | 
| [20:17] | – If I… – Let me in, please. Thank you. | -如果我… -请让我进去 谢谢 | 
| [20:18] | Oh, it’s a scorcher in here. | 这里真热 | 
| [20:19] | It’s only gonna get worse. | 情况只会越来越糟 | 
| [20:21] | Not if we can stop the electromagnet | 不会的 只要我们能阻止电磁体 | 
| [20:23] | from powering up and giving the thingies enough energy. | 加热并给那个东西足够能量就行 | 
| [20:25] | Thingies? | “那个东西” | 
| [20:26] | I think my intelligence quadrant is dropping faster than anticipated. | 看来我的”智桑”比预想中下降得快 | 
| [20:30] | Intelligence quotient. | 是”智商” | 
| [20:33] | Step aside. I’ll handle this. | 一边去 我来搞定系统 | 
| [20:40] | We’re shut out. | 我们被锁住了 | 
| [20:41] | What? | 什么 | 
| [20:42] | I couldn’t figure out how to hack in, | 我不知道该怎么黑入系统 | 
| [20:43] | but the collider thinks we’re tampering with it, | 但对撞机认为我们构成了威胁 | 
| [20:45] | so it shut us out permanently. | 所以把我们永久封禁了 | 
| [20:46] | There’s no way to stop the magnets from heating up the plasma. | 没法阻止电磁体加热等离子了 | 
| [20:49] | Stop thinking you can do genius stuff. | 别再想着做那些高智商的事情了 | 
| [20:51] | You’re like me and Cabe now. | 你们现在与我和凯布一样了 | 
| [20:52] | This thing’s gonna blow. | 这个东西要爆炸了[这事要玩完了] | 
| [20:53] | It already blows. | 已经玩完了 | 
| [20:54] | Our whole trip to the accelerator’s ruined. | 我们这一趟量子加速器之行彻底毁了 | 
| [20:55] | No. I mean it’s gonna explode! | 不是 我是说这里要爆炸了 | 
| [20:58] | No, it isn’t. We’re gonna get you all to the surface, | 不会的 我们会救你们上来 | 
| [21:00] | put some genius back in your brains, | 让你们恢复高智商 | 
| [21:01] | and you’re gonna figure out a solution! | 然后想出解决办法 | 
| [21:06] | Let’s get Dumb and Dumber down there | 我们去救下面的”小傻子们”吧 | 
| [21:07] | back to Smart and Smarter! | 让他们变回”机灵鬼” | 
| [21:12] | Gun it! | 踩油门 | 
| [21:20] | All right, my airstreams are pointing right at the button. | 我的气流正对按钮 | 
| [21:23] | Me, too. | 我的也是 | 
| [21:25] | How come it’s not depressing? | 怎么按不下去[不沮丧]呢 | 
| [21:27] | It’s incredibly depressing. We’re about to die. | 相当令人沮丧啊 我们快死了 | 
| [21:29] | I meant the button. | 我是说 按钮按不下去 | 
| [21:30] | Because the damn broken hydrogen line | 因为破裂的氢气管 | 
| [21:32] | has reduced the damn pressure coming out of the damn nozzle. | 降低了喷嘴的气压 | 
| [21:35] | Man, it’s annoying being smarter than them. | 天呐 比他们聪明的滋味可真不好受 | 
| [21:37] | He’s right. | 他说得对 | 
| [21:38] | The blower alone won’t do it. | 只用喷嘴按不了按钮 | 
| [21:40] | Oh, I’m feeling a lot of anxiety right now. | 我现在好心焦啊 | 
| [21:42] | I don’t like being stupid like Cabe and Paige. | 我不想和凯布和佩吉一样笨 | 
| [21:45] | Thanks a lot. | “谢谢你这么说” | 
| [21:46] | I don’t like not knowing how to solve things. | 我不喜欢没有解决办法的感觉 | 
| [21:47] | I can’t imagine living a life like this. | 我不敢想象这样的生活会是什么样 | 
| [21:49] | It’s like they don’t even know we’re listening. | 他们好像不知道我们在听一样 | 
| [21:51] | Truth be told, I kind of dig it. | 说实话 我还挺喜欢这感觉的 | 
| [21:53] | I don’t have a lot of thoughts racing through my head, | 我的大脑中没有冒出无数想法 | 
| [21:55] | my worries are fading. | 也没那么多忧虑了 | 
| [21:57] | I just got to figure out one thing– | 我只需要想清楚一件事 | 
| [21:58] | how to press a stupid button. | 怎么按下那个按钮 | 
| [22:02] | The water bottle. | 水瓶 | 
| [22:03] | If we toss this up into the air current, | 如果把水瓶朝气流上方扔过去 | 
| [22:07] | the force of the blower will slam it into the button. | 喷嘴的压力会将其推向按钮 | 
| [22:10] | You sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [22:11] | Well, you got a problem with me being decisive now? Just do it. | 我当机立断 你还有意见吗 扔就是了 | 
| [22:13] | Such a simple solution, | 这么简单的办法 | 
| [22:14] | you probably wouldn’t have come up with it | 要是你们想得太复杂 | 
| [22:16] | if you could think non-simply. | 大概就想不出这个办法了 | 
| [22:18] | That’s it. A simple solution involving a water bottle. | 就是这样 扔水瓶这样的简单办法 | 
| [22:23] | I just found out how I’m going to solve my plastics problem. | 我刚想明白该怎么解决废弃塑料的问题了 | 
| [22:25] | Okay, shut up and let me focus! | 闭嘴 别干扰我 | 
| [22:32] | Whoa! It worked. | 成功了 | 
| [22:34] | Ah, give me some! | 庆祝一下 | 
| [22:37] | Okay. Sunlight’s hitting the mine shaft. | 好 阳光能照进矿井了 | 
| [22:39] | Yeah, there’s clear access to the outside. | 对 可以顺利出来了 | 
| [22:41] | That hydrogen’s gonna fill up that shaft soon. | 氢气很快会充满井道 | 
| [22:43] | What is… that? | 那是什么 | 
| [22:45] | Ugh. Guys, | 各位 | 
| [22:47] | it looks like the water bottle’s lighting the elevator certificate on fire. | 水瓶好像点燃了电梯合格证 | 
| [22:50] | So? They can get a new one. | 那又怎样 再弄个新的合格证不就好了 | 
| [22:52] | Mine shaft is full of flammable hydrogen, you dumb son of a… | 矿井里充满了可燃氢气 你这个蠢货… | 
| [23:01] | Awesome! | 好棒 | 
| [23:03] | No-look high-five. | 别看对方 击个掌 | 
| [23:05] | I said no-look high-five. | 我让你跟我不对视击掌 | 
| [23:08] | Oh. Husband? | 老公 | 
| [23:10] | Um, he’s not moving. | 他一动不动了 | 
| [23:12] | I feel like I normally say something here. | 我好像通常这种情况下会说点什么 | 
| [23:14] | Not good. | 不妙 | 
| [23:15] | Yup, that’s it. | 对 就是这句 | 
| [23:18] | Uh, he’s unconscious! | 他昏迷了 | 
| [23:19] | Uh… pressure. | 血压 | 
| [23:22] | It’s a… pressure thing. | 血压什么的 | 
| [23:24] | Toby said it earlier. | 托比之前提过 | 
| [23:25] | Toxins in the blood affect neural pathways. | 血液中的毒素会影响神经通路 | 
| [23:28] | He has gunk in his brain! | 他的大脑被堵塞了 | 
| [23:30] | Guys? Guys, listen to me. | 各位 听我说 | 
| [23:32] | You have maybe ten minutes | 你们大概有十分钟 | 
| [23:33] | to get Dr. Curtis out of there | 救出柯蒂斯医生 | 
| [23:35] | before there is a nitrogen overload in his bloodstream, | 不然他的血管中含氮过多 | 
| [23:38] | and he dies. | 他会死的 | 
| [23:44] | – Okay, you heard Roger. – Raja. | -你们听到”罗杰”的话了 -是”拉贾” | 
| [23:46] | Yes. You heard him. | 对 你听到他的话了 | 
| [23:46] | We need to get Toby out of here right now. | 我们得立刻把托比救出去 | 
| [23:48] | A fireball just asploded the elevator! | 升降梯刚被火球”扎”毁了 | 
| [23:50] | I know another way out of the lab. | 我知道实验室的另一条出路 | 
| [23:51] | There is a mine shaft 30 feet above the lab entrance. | 实验室入口上方九米处有一个矿井 | 
| [23:53] | If I can get my liaison at the mine to open it up, | 如果我让矿井联络员打开井道 | 
| [23:55] | we can lower a rope to your team and help ’em escape. | 就能放下绳子去 把队员们救上来了 | 
| [24:01] | What does yellow mean? | 闪黄灯是什么意思 | 
| [24:03] | Slow down? | 慢行吗 | 
| [24:04] | Uh, the plasma went into the spirally, uh, things. | 等离子进入了螺旋状的那个东西 | 
| [24:07] | You mean the supercharging coils. | 你是说 增压管吗 | 
| [24:09] | Bullets are in the gun, and the hammer’s being pulled back. | 子弹已经上膛了 枪栓也被拉起来了 | 
| [24:14] | You have eight minutes before the plasma enters the collider, | 还有八分钟等离子就要进入对撞机了 | 
| [24:16] | the particles hit, and we might, theoretically, | 一旦粒子对撞 我们理论上会 | 
| [24:19] | experience the destruction of our solar system. | 感受到太阳系的毁灭 | 
| [24:21] | I don’t care about theories! | 我不管什么理论 | 
| [24:23] | I care about the reality of an asplosion that kills all of us! | 我只在乎现实中会杀死我们所有人的大爆炸 | 
| [24:27] | It’s all the more reason to get our guys out of there. | 这更有理由赶紧把我们的人救出来 | 
| [24:29] | And you go get that mine liaison. Now! | 你去找矿井联络人 快 | 
| [24:31] | Yup. | 好 | 
| [24:34] | We really need to deal with the collider, right? | 我们真的得解决一下对撞机 对吗 | 
| [24:36] | We can’t! Look at us! | 我们不行 看看吧 | 
| [24:38] | We’re getting dumber by the minute! | 我们每一分钟都在变傻 | 
| [24:40] | Okay, as the more smarter person here, | 好吧 作为这里更聪明的人 | 
| [24:42] | we need to figure out a way to get me to the surface | 我们得想个办法把我送到地面 | 
| [24:46] | so that I will be at normal pressure, | 这样我就能回到一个正常气压下 | 
| [24:48] | I can be a genius again, and I will solve this. | 我就能变回天才 然后解决这个问题 | 
| [24:51] | Great idea. | 好主意 | 
| [24:54] | But… | 可是 | 
| [24:55] | Won’t he die if we don’t deal with him first? | 如果我们不先处理他 他不是会死吗 | 
| [24:58] | Crap! | 糟糕 | 
| [24:59] | Besides, we can’t get to the surface | 而且 在罗杰带回他的朋友前 | 
| [25:00] | until Roger comes with his friend. | 我们无法回到地面 | 
| [25:02] | – Raja. – Right. | -是拉贾 -对 | 
| [25:04] | Wait, wait, wait. Wait. He doesn’t need a surface. | 等等 等一下 他不需要回到地面 | 
| [25:05] | He needs a vacuum. | 他需要抽真空 | 
| [25:07] | Much as I hate to say it, | 尽管我很不想这么说 | 
| [25:08] | can you spell that out? | 但你能解释一下吗 | 
| [25:10] | Pressure caused Toby to pass out. | 压力使得托比晕过去了 | 
| [25:11] | The least pressure possible is a vacuum. | 最低的压力是真空 | 
| [25:13] | I vacuum-seal leftovers for me and Ralph all the time. | 我经常会把我和拉尔夫的剩菜抽真空保存 | 
| [25:15] | You need to vacuum-seal Doc’s head to get rid of the | 你们需要把医生的头抽真空 | 
| [25:19] | pressure that’s pushing the toxins into his brain. | 来去掉把毒素压进他大脑的压力 | 
| [25:21] | That is a smart idea, Paige. | 好聪明的想法 佩吉 | 
| [25:24] | Thank you… Walter. | 谢谢 沃特 | 
| [25:26] | Stop wasting time and shrink-wrap that shrink now! | 别浪费时间了快把那心理医生的头裹起来 | 
| [25:29] | Walt, Walt, I know you’re foggy, | 沃特 沃特 我知道你很迷糊 | 
| [25:31] | but this is a rudimentary project. | 但这是个很基本的工程 | 
| [25:32] | You don’t need to be a genius to pull it off. | 你不非得是个天才也能完成 | 
| [25:34] | You just need to focus on the basic tenants of science, | 你只要把注意力集中在最简单的科学 | 
| [25:37] | and you’ll figure it out. | 你就知道怎么做了 | 
| [25:38] | Okay, but I could… | 好吧 不过我可以 | 
| [25:40] | I could really do with you holding my hand through it. | 我真的很需要你手把手教我 | 
| [25:43] | I could use a teammate? | 可以作为队友给我提示吗 | 
| [25:46] | Wow. You’ve never asked me to… | 你从未让我 | 
| [25:48] | to work on something technical before. | 做任何技术方面的事情 | 
| [25:50] | But why? You’re so smart. | 为什么啊 你这么聪明 | 
| [25:53] | Okay. Well, my-my food sealer has a-a vacuum pump. | 好吧 我的食品密封器有一个真空泵 | 
| [25:57] | You need to find something like that in there. | 你得在那找个差不多的东西 | 
| [26:00] | Okay, the, uh, argon room | 好 氩气屋里 | 
| [26:02] | has a vacuum pump to purify the ball. | 有个用来净化液氩球的真空泵 | 
| [26:04] | It’s a mobile device we can use for suction. | 那是个可移动装置 我们可以用来抽气 | 
| [26:06] | My leftovers get sucked up tight in plastic wrap. | 我的剩菜是用塑料薄膜裹起来的 | 
| [26:08] | Is there anything in there like that? | 有什么类似的东西吗 | 
| [26:10] | Uh, yeah, the, uh, cellophane in this equipment. | 有 这个设备上有玻璃纸 | 
| [26:15] | Here. Keep it over here. Sly? | 来 希尔 接着 | 
| [26:18] | All right. | 好了 | 
| [26:21] | Okay, vacuum’s in position. Start wrapping. | 真空泵就位了 开始裹[Rap]吧 | 
| [26:27] | *My name’s Sylvester,* | *我的名字叫希尔维斯特* | 
| [26:28] | *saving Toby’s my goal* | *现在是拯救托比的时刻* | 
| [26:30] | *We better do it fast,* | *我们最好抓紧时间* | 
| [26:31] | *there might be a black hole.* | *不然黑洞马上出现* | 
| [26:35] | He meant wrapping cellophane, moron. | 他是说把玻璃纸裹上 二货 | 
| [26:38] | We’ll time this together. | 我们一起计时 | 
| [26:40] | As soon as Toby is fully wrapped, | 托比被全部裹好后 | 
| [26:42] | I’ll hold my breath, too. | 我也会立刻开始屏气 | 
| [26:43] | When I gasp for air, you uncover him. | 我开始喘气的时候 你们就给他解开 | 
| [26:45] | Great. | 好的 | 
| [26:48] | You know, Paige, I know I’m impaired, | 佩吉你知道吗 我知道我现在智力受损 | 
| [26:51] | but I’m still lucid enough to know | 但是我仍然足够清醒地知道 | 
| [26:52] | that you’re simplifying things for me so that I can follow. | 你为了让我能跟上而把话说得简单易懂 | 
| [26:56] | And I thought that was a way to dumb oneself down. | 而我过去认为那是一种把自己变傻的方式 | 
| [26:59] | But, actually, it’s a way to be more effective in communication. | 可是其实这是一种更为有效率的沟通方式 | 
| [27:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [27:05] | You’re welcome, Walter. | 不客气 沃特 | 
| [27:06] | You know, | 你知道吗 | 
| [27:07] | it feels really good to express one’s self openly like this. | 能像这样开诚布公地表达自己感觉很好 | 
| [27:10] | I feel like, now that my IQ’s out of the way, | 我感觉现在我的智商下降了 | 
| [27:13] | my EQ can flourish. | 我的情商却处于巅峰 | 
| [27:15] | If this is what it’s like to be you, | 如果这就是作为你的样子 | 
| [27:17] | I’m a tad envious. | 我有一点羡慕 | 
| [27:20] | Who the hell is this guy? | 这家伙是谁啊 | 
| [27:22] | Maybe dopey Walter isn’t so bad. | 或许迟钝的沃特也不是个坏事 | 
| [27:25] | Hurry! We only have 4.5 minutes | 快点吧 还有4.5分钟 | 
| [27:26] | until the plasma is launched, | 等离子就要发射了 | 
| [27:27] | and the world collapses in on itself. | 而世界都会毁灭的 | 
| [27:29] | Maybe. | 有可能 | 
| [27:31] | Happy, you ready? | 乐乐 准备好了吗 | 
| [27:32] | Flip the switch! | 打开开关 | 
| [27:36] | All right. | 好了 | 
| [27:37] | Paige is holding her breath. | 佩吉屏住了呼吸 | 
| [27:40] | Oh, this looks like a horror movie. | 这看上去像个恐怖电影 | 
| [27:41] | Looks like a side of Grade A Chuck. | 看上去像一片A级牛肩肉 | 
| [27:44] | See? Other people say “Chuck”. | 看见没 别人也会说”恰克” | 
| [27:47] | You know, Chuck’s a strange nickname. | 其实恰克是个奇怪的昵称 | 
| [27:50] | It’s not really born of Charles. | 并不是来源于查理 | 
| [27:51] | It’s not like “Wil” for “William” | 不像威尔是威廉姆的昵称 | 
| [27:53] | Or “Mike” for “Michael.” | 或者迈克是迈克尔的昵称 | 
| [27:55] | I mean, how is “Jack” a nickname for “John”? | 杰克怎么能是约翰的昵称 | 
| [27:59] | Not even shorter. | 并没有简短啊 | 
| [28:00] | Or “Peg” is “Margaret”. | 还有佩格作为玛格丽特的昵称 | 
| [28:02] | What the hell is that? | 这算什么 | 
| [28:03] | Good Lord, they’re stupid. | 老天啊 他们好傻 | 
| [28:08] | All right. | 好了 | 
| [28:09] | Time’s up! Unwrap him! | 时间到 放开他 | 
| [28:12] | Toby? | 托比 | 
| [28:13] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 | 
| [28:14] | Like Freud and Jung | 好像弗洛伊德和荣格 | 
| [28:15] | had an all-out fisticuffs in my cerebellum. | 在我的小脑里打了一场拳击 | 
| [28:20] | What, are you laughing at one of my jokes? | 怎么 你在笑我说的笑话吗 | 
| [28:22] | I don’t know what that means, | 我不知道那什么意思 | 
| [28:23] | but you’re super funny. | 但是你超级好笑 | 
| [28:25] | I’m never leaving this lab. | 我一点都不想离开这个实验室 | 
| [28:26] | Well, you’re going to help us leave, at least, | 你至少得帮助我们离开 | 
| [28:28] | because if my calculations are correct, | 因为如果我的计算正确 | 
| [28:30] | we have three minutes and two seconds | 在等离子发射之前 | 
| [28:32] | until the plasma is launched. | 我们还有三分零二秒 | 
| [28:35] | I was wrong. My calculations were off. | 我错了 我的计算失误 | 
| [28:37] | We have zero seconds. | 我们没有时间了 | 
| [28:38] | I can’t figure out how this all plays out. | 我不知道后面要发生什么 | 
| [28:40] | Well, here’s how it goes. | 我来告诉你会发生什么 | 
| [28:43] | Supercharged particles are rocketing in opposite directions | 经过加速的粒子会在粒子对撞机里 | 
| [28:46] | around the particle collider, and at any minute, | 冲向不同的方向 而它们可能 | 
| [28:48] | they might smash into each other, possibly | 随时会撞到一起 | 
| [28:50] | destroying the universe as we know it, but | 可能会毁灭掉整个宇宙 | 
| [28:52] | definitely blowing our butts off. | 但是一定会把我们屁股炸掉 | 
| [28:53] | Wow. Thank you for breaking this down. This is bad. | 谢谢你说明了情况 这很糟糕 | 
| [28:56] | No! No! | 不 不 | 
| [28:58] | This is great! | 这很棒 | 
| [28:59] | How the hell is this great? | 这怎么会很棒 | 
| [29:01] | ‘Cause I’m the smartest one on the team. | 因为我是团队里最聪明的人 | 
| [29:04] | Now you’re the Tobys! | 现在你们成了托比 | 
| [29:12] | Yes, you’re smart again. That was the plan | 对 你又变聪明了 计划就是如此 | 
| [29:14] | so you could save us, not so you could gloat. | 是让你救我们 不是让你炫耀的 | 
| [29:17] | I can do both. Quiet, dummy. Let me think. | 我可以二者兼得 闭嘴 蠢货 让我想想 | 
| [29:20] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [29:20] | I got it. You remember earlier | 我明白了 你记得之前 | 
| [29:23] | when Sly was saying how all this was super cool? | 希尔说这一切都很酷吗 | 
| [29:25] | Well, he’s right. | 他说的对 | 
| [29:27] | That argon in the WIMP detector is stored at | WIMP探测器中的氩 | 
| [29:28] | 190 degrees below freezing. | 储存温度是零下190度 | 
| [29:30] | That’s literally super cool, and the collider is super hot. | 这真的很酷[冷] 而对撞机非常热 | 
| [29:34] | Cool… hot. | 冷 热 | 
| [29:37] | Following. | 跟上了 | 
| [29:38] | Mm-hmm, so if we can get the argon to the collider, | 如果我们能把氩输入对撞机 | 
| [29:41] | it’ll super-cool the plasma so the ions can no longer travel | 就会冷却等离子 让其不再 | 
| [29:44] | at a high energy, thus eliminating their ability | 高能量传输 从而无法 | 
| [29:47] | to form any kind of explosion upon collision. | 在对撞时形成爆炸 | 
| [29:52] | Now I’m as lost as Macaulay Culkin in New York. | 我现在就像麦考利·卡尔金在纽约一样迷茫 | 
| [29:55] | Who? | 谁 | 
| [29:55] | Home Alone 2. | 《小鬼当家2》 | 
| [29:56] | I love that movie. | 我喜欢那部电影 | 
| [29:57] | I know, right? Good as the original. | 我知道 跟第一部一样棒 | 
| [30:00] | Guys! Zip it, meatheads! We gotta turn that | 各位 闭嘴 傻瓜 我们得把 | 
| [30:02] | argon ball into a big juice box. | 液氩球变成一个大果汁盒 | 
| [30:04] | So we’re gonna puncture it | 所以得插进去 | 
| [30:05] | with the empty hydrogen pipes, and then steer freezing liquid | 空的氢气管 然后将液氩 | 
| [30:08] | argon through the piping system into the collider room. | 通过这些管道系统输送到对撞室 | 
| [30:10] | Okay, we’re gonna need schematics | 好吧 要想计划成功 | 
| [30:12] | for this wackadoo plan to work. | 我们得需要图表 | 
| [30:14] | Give me ten seconds. | 给我十秒钟 | 
| [30:30] | I’ll print the schematics. | 我来打印图表 | 
| [30:33] | Okay, Walt, grab a handsaw | 好 沃特 拿一个手锯 | 
| [30:35] | and then climb up the pipe in the collider room. | 顺着对撞室的管道爬上去 | 
| [30:37] | Cut it so it drops toward the collider. | 然后切断 让它落在对撞机上 | 
| [30:39] | The supply closet’s out there to your left. | 储藏柜在你左边 | 
| [30:41] | Copy that. | 收到 | 
| [30:45] | Your other left! | 走错边了 | 
| [30:47] | Sly, you see all | 希尔 你看见 | 
| [30:48] | the wheels along where the pipe branches off? | 管道分支处的轮子了吗 | 
| [30:50] | Those are baffles. You need | 那些是挡板 | 
| [30:52] | to turn them off at every pipe except the ones | 你得把每个管道上的挡板都关掉 | 
| [30:53] | that go to the collider room. | 除了通向对撞室的管道 | 
| [30:56] | Happy, you’re with me. | 乐乐 你跟我一起 | 
| [30:57] | Whatever you say, Professor. | 听你的 教授 | 
| [31:06] | I can’t get in! The door must have locked automatically | 我进不去 一定是等离子发射之后 | 
| [31:08] | once the plasma was launched. We’re screwed! | 门被自动锁上了 我们完了 | 
| [31:13] | Pull! | 拉 | 
| [31:16] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 | 
| [31:20] | Yep, collider’s at 100% capacity. | 对撞机已经满负荷了 | 
| [31:29] | How’s it going, Walt? | 怎么样了 沃特 | 
| [31:30] | Argon river about to flow? | 液氩的河流准备流动了吗 | 
| [31:33] | Yeah, getting there. | 快好了 | 
| [31:36] | You know, | 要知道 | 
| [31:37] | speaking of rivers, | 说到河流 | 
| [31:40] | Paige, maybe we can listen | 佩吉 假如我们成功脱身 | 
| [31:42] | to “Moon River” Tonight if we get out of this? | 也许今晚可以去听听《月亮河》 | 
| [31:46] | You can teach me about the standards? | 你可以教我一些老歌 | 
| [31:49] | Broaden my horizons a bit? | 让我开拓一下眼界 | 
| [31:51] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [31:53] | Um, okay. | 好 | 
| [31:56] | Redirecting the hydrogen pipe now. | 正在重新导流氢气管道 | 
| [31:58] | Almost done. | 就快好了 | 
| [31:59] | Okay, copy that. That was Raja. | 收到 是拉贾 | 
| [32:01] | He’s ten minutes out with the miners. | 他和矿工还有十分钟就到 | 
| [32:05] | Ready to go here. | 这边好了 | 
| [32:06] | Sly, you finished? | 希尔 你完事了吗 | 
| [32:07] | Sly? | 希尔 | 
| [32:10] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 | 
| [32:12] | He’s nodding. Sly, they can’t hear a nod. | 他在点头 希尔 你点头他们听不见 | 
| [32:14] | My “B.” | 我的锅 | 
| [32:17] | I’m done. | 我好了 | 
| [32:18] | Walter, status? | 沃特 你那边的情况 | 
| [32:20] | I’ll be done in two seconds. | 我马上就好 | 
| [32:21] | Release the argon. | 释放液氩 | 
| [32:23] | You sure we’ll bust through this thing? | 你确定我们能搞定吗 | 
| [32:24] | Yeah. We’re super strong, remember? | 我们很强壮 记得吗 | 
| [32:26] | Let’s do it. | 行动吧 | 
| [32:36] | Walt, the force of the argon | 沃特 氩气的力量 | 
| [32:37] | is gonna snap off the end of that pipe, | 会冲破那根管道的尾部 | 
| [32:39] | so make sure you get off | 一定要在完全切断之前 | 
| [32:40] | before you cut all the way through. Huh? | 赶紧离开 | 
| [32:45] | Walter! | 沃特 | 
| [32:54] | Guys! | 各位 | 
| [32:55] | A little help here? | 需要帮助 | 
| [32:59] | Oh, God. If he lets go, | 天啊 如果他放手了 | 
| [33:00] | he’s gonna get burned alive by the collider. | 就会被对撞机活活烧死 | 
| [33:01] | And if he holds on, when the argon goes through that pipe, | 可如果他不放手 等氩气通过管道 | 
| [33:04] | he’s gonna freeze to death. | 他就会被冻死 | 
| [33:16] | On our way, Walt. Swing out. | 马上就去 沃特 荡出来 | 
| [33:18] | Try to land away from the collider. | 试着落到远离对撞机的地方 | 
| [33:20] | I’m 25 feet in the air. | 我现在在离地面7.6米 | 
| [33:22] | I’ll break my ankles, | 会摔断脚踝的 | 
| [33:23] | and I won’t be able to run away when the argon hits. | 液氩进来的时候我也不能跑开 | 
| [33:26] | Not if we catch you. | 我们接住你不就行了 | 
| [33:27] | We’re jocks now, remember? | 我们现在都四肢发达 记得吗 | 
| [33:29] | Use your super strength to swing | 用你的超级力量 | 
| [33:30] | like you’re doing a trapeze leap. | 像秋千飞跃一样荡过去吧 | 
| [33:32] | How long until the argon reaches him? | 液氩还有多久到他那里 | 
| [33:34] | There’s your answer. | 这就是你要的答案 | 
| [33:36] | Walter, the argon is almost to you. | 沃特 氩气马上就到你那了 | 
| [33:37] | You have to let go. | 你必须放手了 | 
| [33:38] | We’re not there yet! | 我们还没到 | 
| [33:40] | I can feel the pipe getting colder. | 我能感觉到管道越来越冷 | 
| [33:42] | I have to jump. | 我必须要跳了 | 
| [33:58] | Oh, perfect ten, O’Brien. | 完美的十分 奥布莱恩 | 
| [34:00] | Much like your current IQ. | 就像你的现在的智商一样 | 
| [34:01] | Let’s boogie. | 咱们撤 | 
| [34:16] | It’s working. | 起作用了 | 
| [34:24] | Well, we did it. | 我们做到了 | 
| [34:33] | Happy with yourself? | 对自己还满意吗 | 
| [34:36] | Jerk. | 混蛋 | 
| [34:41] | There they are. | 他们来了 | 
| [34:42] | Nothing could be finer than to be rescued by a miner. | 没有什么比被矿工营救更好的了 | 
| [34:45] | Good job, guys. | 干得好 各位 | 
| [34:46] | Hey, great job, smarty-pants. | 干得好 聪明鬼 | 
| [34:49] | Good job. | 干得好 | 
| [34:51] | I’m sorry about your lab. | 你的实验室 我很抱歉 | 
| [34:52] | I blame the prairie dog. | 我认为是土拨鼠的错 | 
| [34:53] | No, no. Insurance will cover the damage. | 不 保险会赔偿损失 | 
| [34:55] | Most important, our research was proven, | 最重要的是 我们的研究被证实了 | 
| [34:57] | and we have the data stored in our server up here. | 我们有了储存在这里的服务器中的数据 | 
| [35:00] | Thank you, Scorpion. | 谢谢你们 天蝎 | 
| [35:01] | – I’m glad you guys are safe. – More importantly, | -很高兴你们安然无恙 -更重要的是 | 
| [35:03] | we’re smart again. | 我们现在又变聪明了 | 
| [35:05] | Pi to the 35th digit: | 圆周率第35位 | 
| [35:07] | 3.141592… 3.141592…. | |
| [35:09] | …65358979… …65358979… | |
| [35:11] | …3238462… …3238462… | |
| [35:13] | …6433 …6433. | |
| [35:15] | Backwards. 3346… | 倒着来 3346… | 
| [35:17] | …2648… …2648… | |
| [35:18] | …97985356… …97985356… | |
| [35:20] | …295141.3 …295141.3. | |
| [35:22] | Good work, team. | 干得好 队员们 | 
| [35:29] | Uh, we’re back. | 我们回来了 | 
| [35:31] | Hey, Ralph. | 拉尔夫 | 
| [35:32] | Florence. Good evening. | 弗洛伦斯 晚上好 | 
| [35:34] | I’m-I’m sorry that we weren’t reachable | 很抱歉在你们遇到危机的时候 | 
| [35:37] | during your crisis. | 联系不上我们 | 
| [35:38] | We had an amazing time at the Chemistry Convention, | 我们在化学展会上玩得很开心 | 
| [35:41] | but it sounds like we missed out | 但听起来我们似乎错过了一次 | 
| [35:43] | on almost maybe seeing a black hole, | 几乎要看见黑洞的经历 | 
| [35:46] | which is infinitely cooler. | 这显然比化学展会酷无数倍 | 
| [35:48] | Well, if you have it in you | 如果你们可以 | 
| [35:49] | to sit through one more demo, | 再熬过一个原型展示 | 
| [35:51] | I’m about to show everybody something. | 我要给大家展示一样东西 | 
| [35:53] | The drink station? | 饮料站 | 
| [35:54] | I actually just engineered this water filter. | 我刚刚打造了这个滤水器 | 
| [35:57] | Uh, please, if you’d do the honors. | 不知能否有幸请你们来尝一下 | 
| [36:07] | Ooh, that’s quite good. | 挺不错的 | 
| [36:08] | Tastes like home. | 是家的味道 | 
| [36:10] | It’s like a stream | 像是格洛爷爷农场里 | 
| [36:11] | at my Grandpa Gallo’s farm. | 那条小溪的味道 | 
| [36:13] | Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [36:14] | How did you do that? | 你怎么做到的 | 
| [36:15] | I researched the chemical assays | 我在纽约水电局网上 | 
| [36:16] | on your grandfather’s farm | 研读了你爷爷农场的 | 
| [36:18] | online through the New York DWP. | 化学检测文件 | 
| [36:20] | This filter adjusts the compounds in water | 这个滤水器可以调节水里的成分 | 
| [36:23] | to match the mineral compositions | 使其与那条小溪的 | 
| [36:24] | of that same stream, | 矿物成分相符 | 
| [36:26] | which is why it tastes so delicious. | 所以很好喝 | 
| [36:27] | Sly, that is amazing. | 希尔 这太棒了 | 
| [36:30] | Down in that lab, | 在那个实验室里 | 
| [36:31] | we solved things so simply. | 我们很简单地解决了问题 | 
| [36:33] | You explained things to us so simply. | 你非常简单地为我们解释问题 | 
| [36:36] | I realized I had to simplify my plastics plan. | 我意识到我必须简化我的塑料计划 | 
| [36:39] | Instead of corralling corporations | 与其让企业 | 
| [36:41] | to change their supply of bottles, | 改变他们的瓶子供应 | 
| [36:42] | I focused on the demand. | 不如专注于需求 | 
| [36:45] | If I can get one of these to every West Altadenian, | 如果我能给每个西艾萨迪尼亚人一个滤水器 | 
| [36:48] | they would choose to use tap water over bottled | 他们就会选择自来水 而非瓶装水 | 
| [36:50] | simply because of the taste. | 仅仅是因为水好喝 | 
| [36:53] | Only question is, | 唯一的问题是 | 
| [36:55] | how do I make this 43-pound filter | 如何把这个19公斤的滤水器 | 
| [36:56] | scalable for mass production? | 投入大规模生产 | 
| [36:59] | Well, whatever the case, | 不管怎样 | 
| [37:00] | it’s nice to have your brain back, kid. | 你的大脑回来了 真好 | 
| [37:04] | You know, | 要知道 | 
| [37:05] | the science of water filtration involves flocculation and coagulation. | 水过滤的科学原理中包括絮凝和聚沉 | 
| [37:10] | Isn’t that your specialty, Florence? | 这不是你的专长吗 弗洛伦斯 | 
| [37:13] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [37:14] | We established that earlier. | 我们之前讨论过这个 | 
| [37:16] | Well, then would you be able to help Sylvester | 那你能帮希尔维斯特 | 
| [37:18] | scale his water filter? | 让他的滤水器能量产吗 | 
| [37:20] | Yeah, I suppose so. | 我想可以 | 
| [37:23] | If you wouldn’t mind me helping you. | 如果你不介意我帮你的话 | 
| [37:25] | Wow. That’d be great. If you don’t mind. | 那最好了 如果你不介意的话 | 
| [37:27] | That’d be great. We can talk about it. | 那最好了 我们可以聊聊 | 
| [37:29] | I think it’d be great. | 很好 | 
| [37:31] | Good-bye. | 再见 | 
| [37:43] | Those all the doctors we saw? | 这些是我们见过的那些医生吗 | 
| [37:46] | Most of them. | 大部分 | 
| [37:47] | I’m trying to narrow the field of contenders. | 我在试着缩小竞争者范围 | 
| [37:52] | Hey, when we were underground today, | 我们今天在地下时 | 
| [37:55] | we had no smarts, | 失去了聪明才智 | 
| [37:56] | and we had to do things with some guts and instinct, | 不得不靠直觉行事 | 
| [38:01] | and it worked. | 结果成功了 | 
| [38:03] | Maybe overthinking can be a problem sometimes. | 也许有时候想得太多也是个问题 | 
| [38:07] | Who do you feel is the right doctor? | 你觉得哪个医生合适 | 
| [38:11] | As unhappy as it would make my alumni association, | 虽然这会让我的校友很不高兴 | 
| [38:14] | I want that doctor from Brown. | 但我想要选布朗大学毕业的医生 | 
| [38:16] | Good. I do, too. | 很好 我也这么想 | 
| [38:20] | I already made the appointment. | 我已经预约了 | 
| [38:23] | Let’s go, dum-dum. | 走吧 傻瓜 | 
| [38:25] | Time to play pharmacist. | 该去扮演药剂师了 | 
| [38:33] | Oh, hey. Good news. | 好消息 | 
| [38:35] | I just read online a singer I love | 我在网上看到 我喜欢的一个歌手 | 
| [38:36] | is, um, performing standards tonight at a great little club | 今晚在月桂峡谷的小俱乐部演出 | 
| [38:38] | in Laurel Canyon. We could get a sitter for Ralph. | 我们可以找个人看着拉尔夫 | 
| [38:40] | They might even do “Moon River”” | 他们可能还会唱《月亮河》 | 
| [38:42] | Well, that’s very kind of you, Paige, but, uh… | 你真好 佩吉 但是 | 
| [38:44] | …I plan on working tonight. | 我今晚打算工作 | 
| [38:46] | I’ve got a lot of low-IQ time to make up for. | 我低智商了太久 需要抓紧赶上 | 
| [38:49] | I need to catch up on some things, | 我需要做点事情 | 
| [38:50] | maybe stimulate the cranium a bit. | 刺激一下我的大脑 | 
| [38:52] | Oh, okay. I just…. | 好 我只是 | 
| [38:53] | I just figured that ’cause you said | 我以为你说 | 
| [38:55] | you wanted to learn about old standards… | 你想学一些老歌 | 
| [38:57] | I will. One day soon. | 我会的 未来某一天 | 
| [38:59] | But, uh, you know, they’re old standards, Paige. | 不过 那些都是经典的曲目 佩吉 | 
| [39:03] | They’re not going anywhere, right? | 不会变的 对吧 | 
| [39:06] | Right. | 对 | 
| [39:21] | I’ll miss you, dopey Walter. | 我会想你的 迟钝的沃特 | 
| [39:29] | Ralph, come on. Let’s go. | 拉尔夫 来 咱们走 | 
| [39:39] | You know, Walter, this is an impressive | 沃特 这是个很棒的 | 
| [39:41] | particle accelerator. | 粒子加速器 | 
| [39:44] | Oh, thank you. I’m building a new… | 谢谢 我在造一个新的 | 
| [39:46] | Electronic feedback mechanism. | 电子反馈机制 | 
| [39:48] | Yes, I can see that. | 对 我看出来了 | 
| [39:49] | It’s a cool design. | 不错的设计 | 
| [39:52] | You could tell it was a feedback mechanism? | 你能看出来那是一个反馈机制 | 
| [39:54] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [39:55] | Your drawing was as clear as day. | 你画的图非常明了 | 
| [40:01] | Though, if I’m not being too bold… | 不过 恕我直言 | 
| [40:14] | Closed circuit. | 闭合电路 | 
| [40:15] | Less easily bypassed. | 没那么容易绕过 | 
| [40:17] | You can tell that’s what I’m going for? | 你能看出来我是要这么做吗 | 
| [40:18] | Oh, your drawing was also clear as day. | 你画的图非常明了 | 
| [40:20] | Uh, may I? Of course. | 可以吗 当然 | 
| [40:27] | Yeah. Okay. | 好 | 
| [40:28] | And then perhaps another injector. Mm-hmm. | 再来一个注入电路 | 
| [40:31] | Over… here. | 在…这里 | 
| [40:34] | Fantastic. | 真棒 | 
| [40:41] | Yes. Okay. | 好 |