时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | My entire school career, | 我整个上学期间 |
[00:03] | I have only missed three days. | 就只请过三天假 |
[00:05] | – Here it comes. – And I’ve never had a tardy. | -又来了 -而且我从来没迟到过 |
[00:07] | I actually just engineered this water filter. | 我刚刚打造了这个滤水器 |
[00:09] | If I can get one of these to every West Altadenian, | 如果我能给每个西艾萨迪尼亚人一个滤水器 |
[00:11] | they would choose to use tap water over bottled | 他们就会选择自来水 而非瓶装水 |
[00:14] | simply because of the taste. | 仅仅是因为水好喝 |
[00:16] | Walter doesn’t feel anything romantic towards me, | 沃特对我不存在任何爱意 |
[00:18] | and-and I could never be attracted to him. | 而我也绝不可能喜欢他 |
[00:20] | What’s wrong with Walter? He’s an amazing man. | 沃特有什么问题吗 他这么优秀 |
[00:22] | Why-why would you never be attracted to him? | 你为什么绝不可能喜欢他 |
[00:24] | He and I are alike. | 我和他很相似 |
[00:25] | Too much head, too little heart. | 用脑过多 用心太少 |
[00:27] | ‘Cause that’s what I need. | 因为这也正是我想要的 |
[00:28] | A smart man, sure, | 他固然很聪明 |
[00:29] | but one who is sweet and caring and vulnerable. | 但也很温柔 体贴和脆弱 |
[00:35] | Quinoa, chia-seed belgian waffle with a side of | 藜麦 野鼠尾草籽比利时华夫饼配 |
[00:38] | organic, homemade vegan apple-butter. | 有机自制素食苹果黄油 |
[00:40] | So good. Syrup’s optional. And I hope you’re hungry. | 很美味 糖浆自选 希望你饿了 |
[00:44] | Thank you, Chef Dineen. I’m famished. | 谢谢 狄宁大厨 我饿死了 |
[00:46] | I just wanted to try a new, healthy breakfast, so be honest. | 我就是想尝试新的健康早餐 诚实评价吧 |
[00:57] | You know, I-I know that the syrup is optional, | 我知道糖浆是自选的 |
[01:00] | but I would like to exercise the option. | 但我想 选 |
[01:03] | Okay, no problem. | 好 没问题 |
[01:15] | You’re gonna dilute the flavor of the apple-butter. | 你要尝不到苹果黄油的味道了 |
[01:16] | That’s the intention. | 就是这个打算 |
[01:18] | Now, Paige, I appreciate the effort, | 佩吉 多谢你的努力 |
[01:19] | but the waffles are dry and the butter is sour, | 但华夫饼好干 黄油又酸 |
[01:22] | and the meal is missing, well, flavor. | 这顿饭实在是 没味儿 |
[01:24] | I said be honest, not brutal. | 我叫你诚实 不是残忍 |
[01:26] | Oh, it-it wasn’t my intention to insult you. | 我无意侮辱你 |
[01:29] | I-I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:31] | That’s why I can’t lie to you. | 所以我不能对你撒谎 |
[01:32] | If I did, I would be denying you the opportunity to improve. | 否则 我不就让你无法进步了 |
[01:36] | Well, I thank you for that, | 多谢你了 |
[01:37] | but sometimes it’s okay to tell a white lie | 但有时 也可以撒善意的谎言 |
[01:41] | in order to protect someone’s feelings. | 好保护其他人的感受 |
[01:43] | So, by your logic, I should continue to eat the waffles, | 那么按你的逻辑 我该吃掉华夫饼 |
[01:46] | even though they’re unsatisfying and they lack nutritional value, | 虽然不好吃 又没营养 |
[01:49] | potentially affecting my cognitive function | 从而可能影响我的认知能力 |
[01:51] | and productivity? | 和生产力 |
[01:52] | It seems very inefficient. | 这太没效率了 |
[01:56] | Or, if you think a more judicious modulation | 如果你认为应当尝试去 |
[01:58] | of the truth is worth practicing, | 适当改良真相 |
[02:01] | then I can give it a try. | 那我可以试试 |
[02:03] | I’d appreciate it. | 多谢了 |
[02:05] | Don’t forget, the UCLA event tonight. | 别忘了 加州大学洛杉矶分校今晚的活动 |
[02:07] | “Trigger Loop as a Major Determinant | “启动环作为转录精确性的 |
[02:09] | “Of Transcriptional Fidelity, | 重要决定因素 |
[02:11] | and Its Role in DNA Expression”. | 以及其在DNA表达方面的角色” |
[02:13] | It’s thrilling, right? | 令人激动 是吧 |
[02:14] | Looking forward to it. | 非常期待 |
[02:17] | And that’s how it’s done. | 就应该像我这么做 |
[02:23] | Of the three, | 这三个里 |
[02:25] | this cup tastes the best– what brand is it? | 这杯最好喝 是什么品牌的 |
[02:26] | It is actually filtered tap water | 其实是西艾萨迪尼亚本地 |
[02:29] | from right here in West Altadenia. | 自来水过滤后的水 |
[02:31] | So far, 99.038% of pedestrians surveyed | 到目前 99.038%的被访过路者 |
[02:35] | haven chosen our tap over the leading bottled brand. | 都选择了我们的水 而不是知名瓶装水 |
[02:38] | This water purifier attaches easily to your kitchen sink | 这款净水器可以轻松按在厨房水槽上 |
[02:41] | in just three minutes. | 仅3分钟便能安好 |
[02:43] | You’ll never have to buy bottled again. | 你再不用买瓶装水了 |
[02:45] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[02:46] | And be sure to tell your friends about your new filter. | 务必要告诉朋友你买了新滤水器 |
[02:48] | – All right, sure. – And also, call your local DWP | -当然 -还有 联系本地水电局 |
[02:51] | and let them know how much you love | 告诉他们你多么喜欢 |
[02:53] | your new fresh-tasting water. | 你味道新鲜的新水 |
[02:54] | Great. Uh, this is a great idea. Thanks. Uh, I have to… | 好啊 好主意 那我得… |
[02:57] | And the science behind it is really fascinating. | 这背后的科学是非常有趣的 |
[03:00] | I’m sure it is. | 当然了 |
[03:01] | I have to get my dog to a vet. | 我得送我的狗去看医生了 |
[03:02] | I don’t see a dog. | 你没带狗啊 |
[03:04] | You see, the filter adjusts the compound in a multistep process. | 滤水器经过多个步骤调整化合物 |
[03:08] | Ralphy-boy, I envy you. | 拉小夫 我羡慕你 |
[03:11] | Look at you, at your age, spending your spring break | 你这年纪 就把春假花在 |
[03:14] | saving the planet. | 拯救地球上 |
[03:15] | No one parties like I do. | 没人像我这么会开派对 |
[03:17] | – When’s Patty get here? – Soon. | -帕蒂什么时候来 -快了 |
[03:19] | Thank you for your support. | 谢谢你的支持 |
[03:21] | Oh, excuse me, ma’am, | 打扰 女士 |
[03:22] | do you have a moment to learn about | 您有时间了解下 |
[03:23] | – water purification systems? – Sure. | -滤水器吗 -好 |
[03:25] | Look at her, | 看她啊 |
[03:27] | engaging the constituency with science. | 用科学与选民们交流 |
[03:30] | She’s clearly enjoyed working with you on this project. | 她显然很喜欢在这个项目上跟你合作 |
[03:34] | How about you seize the moment? | 你抓住机会吧 |
[03:35] | Ask her out already. | 快约她出去 |
[03:38] | You know what, Ralph? You’re right. I will go. | 知道吗 拉尔夫 你说的对 我去约她 |
[03:48] | Hey, I’m ready for my shift. Where do you want me? | 我可以上工了 要我做什么 |
[03:51] | Where do I want you? | 我要你做什么 |
[03:53] | That’s not normally how this works. | 一般不是这样的 |
[03:54] | You boss me around, remember? | 都是你指使我的 不是吗 |
[03:56] | Hey, something wrong? | 出事了吗 |
[03:59] | Nothing important. | 没什么重要的 |
[04:00] | No, hey, Patty, | 别 帕蒂 |
[04:02] | if something’s bothering you, it is important to me. | 如果你有心事 就对我很重要 |
[04:05] | I had my first tardy this morning. | 我今早第一次迟到了 |
[04:07] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈 |
[04:12] | Here’s all the stuff. | 都在这里了 |
[04:14] | Sylvester, I actually have to go. | 希尔维斯特 我得走了 |
[04:17] | I have a potential investor meeting for my binding agent. | 我要就粘合剂去跟潜在投资人见面 |
[04:20] | Okay, yeah, um, well, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[04:22] | For all this. | 你帮忙 |
[04:25] | I, uh… | 我 |
[04:27] | I… | 我 |
[04:29] | Do you have something you want to tell me? | 你有话想对我说吗 |
[04:32] | Yes. Yes. | 有 |
[04:38] | You know what? I can’t remember. | 知道吗 我记不起来了 |
[04:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:41] | Well, when you do, you know where to find me. | 你记起来的话 你知道去哪找我 |
[04:44] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:49] | You missed your shot again. | 你又错过机会了 |
[04:52] | – There’s something more pressing. – Like what? | -有更紧急的事 -什么事 |
[04:55] | Patty Logan got a tardy. | 帕蒂·洛根今天迟到了 |
[04:56] | Get out. | 不是吧 |
[04:58] | Something serious must have happened. | 绝对发生了大事 |
[05:01] | We are gonna get to the bottom of it. | 我们得查个清楚 |
[05:05] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[05:06] | Who replaced the coffee grinds with tree bark? | 谁把咖啡豆换成树皮了 |
[05:08] | That’s not tree bark, that’s chicory. | 不是树皮 是菊苣 |
[05:10] | What possessed you to do that? | 你为什么要那么做 |
[05:12] | Voodoo spirit. Got to get everybody in the mood | 巫毒精神 要帮大家进入我们 |
[05:13] | for our trip to the bayou. | 河口之旅的状态 |
[05:15] | At least I’ll be wide awake for it. | 至少我绝对会完全清醒了 |
[05:17] | Any other preparations I should know about? | 还有其他准备我需要知道的吗 |
[05:19] | He mapped out all his favorite New Orleans sites, | 他标注出了所有他最喜欢的新奥尔良地点 |
[05:22] | mostly food-related. | 大都跟食物有关 |
[05:23] | Babe, this could be my last hurrah | 亲爱的 这可能是有孩子之前 |
[05:25] | before this potential bambino comes, | 我的最后一次狂欢了 |
[05:27] | so I got to make it count. | 我得好好利用机会 |
[05:28] | Last time I was in NOLA | 我上次去新奥尔良 |
[05:30] | was 2012 to bet on March Madness, | 是2012年 拿大学篮球冠军赛季打赌 |
[05:32] | and I made a killing, so I stayed for Mardi Gras, | 我挣了好多 就留下过狂欢节 |
[05:34] | and from what I remember, I had the time of my life. | 我记得 我玩得非常开心 |
[05:36] | You do remember we’re going there to work, right? | 你记得我们是要去工作的吧 |
[05:40] | Every party has a pooper. | 每个派对都有扫兴的 |
[05:41] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以才有你 |
[05:43] | What part of shrinking an overgrowing, virus-carrying | 缩减数量过多的携带病毒的蚊子群 |
[05:45] | mosquito population is a party? | 怎么算是派对了 |
[05:47] | A potentially fatal, Zika-like virus. | 可能致命 类似寨卡的病毒 |
[05:49] | This is not to be taken lightly. | 这可不是小事 |
[05:51] | If I was taking it lightly, mon cher, | 如果我把这当小事了 |
[05:52] | I wouldn’t be sequestering my bride | 我就不会要求我老婆 |
[05:54] | and the potential bun in her oven in the garage | 和她可能怀上的孩子隔离在车库里了 |
[05:56] | to stay away from all those scary skeeters. | 以免被那些吓人的蚊子叮到 |
[06:00] | Okay, you know you’re probably just talking | 好吧 你大概只在跟我的 |
[06:01] | to my breakfast burrito. | 早饭玉米饼说话呢 |
[06:03] | And you didn’t sequester anyone. | 而且你没隔离谁 |
[06:04] | I am voluntarily staying back. | 我是志愿留下的 |
[06:06] | Don’t worry, I’m gonna bring you back lots of beads. | 别担心 我会给你带回来很多珠子 |
[06:09] | Uh, that must be Dr. Ditterman at State College | 那肯定是新奥尔良州立学院的 |
[06:11] | of New Orleans Entomology. | 昆虫学系的迪特曼博士 |
[06:12] | He said he had an update for us before we fly down. | 他说我们飞过去前有信息要告诉我们 |
[06:16] | I’m so glad I was able to catch you before you left. | 能在你们走之前联系上你们太好了 |
[06:18] | Dr. Ditterman, are you okay? You look a little pale. | 迪特曼博士 你还好吗 你脸色很苍白 |
[06:20] | We’ve just had an update from the CDC. | 我们刚接到疾病控制中心的通知 |
[06:22] | Uh, they’re not divulging this information to the public, | 他们还没有把这个信息公开 |
[06:25] | but the infection rate from the mosquito virus | 但是蚊子病毒的感染率 |
[06:28] | is significantly higher than previously reported. | 比之前报道得要高得多 |
[06:31] | How much higher? | 有多高 |
[06:32] | The CDC is now aware of over 1,300 cases across the Southeast. | 目前东南部已知感染病例已有1300个 |
[06:36] | 1,300? Why were they keeping that under wraps? | 1300 为什么这种信息不报出来 |
[06:38] | Symptoms often present as the flu or pneumonia, | 症状跟流感和肺炎表现很像 |
[06:41] | so it’s been easy to miscalculate. | 所以很容易计算失误 |
[06:42] | And there have been 60 fatalities already. | 死亡人数已经达到60人了 |
[06:45] | Well, that’s almost a five percent mortality rate. | 这个致死率几乎已经达到5% |
[06:48] | So I assume the CDC is keeping this secret | 那我猜疾病控制中心把消息压下来 |
[06:50] | to prevent a mass exodus in the region. | 是为了防止当地的人大量逃离 |
[06:52] | And the abandoned properties would just become | 被人遗弃的区域会直接变成 |
[06:54] | breeding grounds for more mosquitoes. | 供更多蚊子繁衍生息的家园 |
[06:55] | And those who stayed behind would be overrun by the virus. | 而留下来的人则会被病毒吞没 |
[06:58] | That’s the CDC’s assessment, too. | 疾病控制中心也是这么判断的 |
[07:00] | With rainy season days away, | 很快就要到雨季了 |
[07:01] | the mosquito population could expand tenfold. | 蚊子的数量可能会翻十倍 |
[07:05] | This disease is on the verge of becoming an epidemic. | 这个疾病很可能会变成传染病 |
[07:08] | Does our existing plan still work? | 我们现阶段的计划能行吗 |
[07:10] | These sterile male mosquitoes | 我们最开始制作的 |
[07:11] | that we have genetically engineered, | 后经你们养殖培育的 |
[07:13] | and your team have replicated, | 基因不孕公蚊 |
[07:15] | can still be released into the local ecosystem. | 还是可以释放到当地生态系统里 |
[07:17] | They will mate with the females, | 他们会跟母蚊交配 |
[07:19] | who will produce no offspring, | 但是却不会产卵 |
[07:20] | killing off a generation of mosquitoes | 最终能够杀死一代蚊子 |
[07:22] | and the virus that they carry. | 以及它们携带的病毒 |
[07:23] | We followed your instructions to the letter. | 我们听从了你们的指示 |
[07:25] | Sterile mosquitoes are ready for distribution. | 不孕公蚊已经准备好可以释放了 |
[07:27] | Given the new developments, | 目前情况已经加剧 |
[07:28] | I was hoping that we could just disperse the mosquitoes ourselves. | 我们想能不能自己去释放这些蚊子 |
[07:31] | The release site needs to be precisely calculated | 释放点需要严格计算 |
[07:34] | and it can change according to barometric pressure | 如果气压和风力不同 |
[07:36] | and wind conditions, | 可能会有变化 |
[07:37] | which we have to calculate on-site. | 我们必须到场计算 |
[07:39] | We’re on a flight in an hour. We’ll see you soon. | 我们一小时后上飞机 一会见 |
[07:41] | Okay, I’ll see you soon. | 好的 一会见 |
[07:42] | Okay, team, you’re up. | 好的 团队 出发吧 |
[07:44] | Son of a gun, we’re gonna have some fun. | 来吧 好好玩一场 |
[07:48] | Oh, God, even better when it’s fresh. | 天哪 新鲜的感觉更好吃 |
[07:51] | You could help us with the bug spray | 你可以帮我们喷防虫药 |
[07:52] | so we don’t get infected. | 这样就不会感染 |
[07:53] | What about my beignet? | 那我的带馅煎饼呢 |
[07:55] | All right, we’ve got some chicken carcasses, | 好了 这里有一些鸡尸体 |
[07:57] | a tranquilizer gun. | 还有镇定枪 |
[07:58] | This boat’s got some odd equipment. | 这艘船上的设备好奇怪 |
[08:00] | Yeah, swamp’s a dangerous place. | 是啊 沼泽很危险的 |
[08:02] | Got snakes, alligators, your boars. | 有蛇 鳄鱼 还有野猪 |
[08:05] | And that’s just the animals. | 这只是动物而已 |
[08:06] | This landscape can be quite unruly. | 土地本身也很危险 |
[08:08] | Got to stay on your tippy-toes. | 一定要随时保持警惕[脚尖行走] |
[08:10] | Wait, that reminds me. | 我想起来了 |
[08:11] | Tipitina’s is a really cool bar by the river | 河边有一家酒吧叫”脚尖” |
[08:13] | we should check out when we’re done. | 完事之后我们应该去看看 |
[08:15] | Kill the music, or I’m gonna kill you. | 把音乐关了 否则我就把你关了 |
[08:17] | You are such a grouch. | 你可真能抱怨 |
[08:19] | Just trying to let loose in the Crescent City, Cabe. | 我只是想在新奥尔良市放松下 凯布 |
[08:27] | Nice to meet you all in person. | 很高兴能够见到你们本人 |
[08:28] | Sorry it’s under these circumstances. | 抱歉是在这样的情况下 |
[08:31] | – Our mosquitoes? – You have just over 43 minutes to release ’em, | -这是蚊子吗 -只有43分钟来释放 |
[08:34] | or they’ll suffocate in that tin, | 否则它们就会窒息而死 |
[08:35] | rendering them useless, and the virus unstoppable. | 然后它们就没用了 病毒将无路可挡 |
[08:38] | That can’t hold very many bugs. | 这里面可装不了多少虫子 |
[08:40] | Are you sure that’s enough to avert a plague? | 你确定这足够阻止传染病吗 |
[08:41] | Well, surprisingly, | 令人惊讶的是 |
[08:42] | female mosquitoes are more attracted to sterile males. | 母蚊子更容易受不孕公蚊吸引 |
[08:45] | That’s probably how I landed Happy. | 我估计就是这么追到乐乐的 |
[08:46] | Yeah, they seek them out to mate. | 是啊 它们会挑母蚊子来交配 |
[08:48] | This tin-full could cull the hatch by 90%. | 这一罐蚊子说不定能干掉90%的蚊子 |
[08:52] | The remaining ten percent isn’t enough to spread the virus. | 剩下的10%不够传播病毒 |
[08:54] | It better, because there are only a few days | 最好这样 因为还有几天 |
[08:56] | in the breeding season, and no time to engineer more. | 就要到繁殖期了 而且也没时间做更多了 |
[08:59] | This is all we have. | 我们只有这点 |
[09:00] | Okay, no problem. So, considering | 好的 没问题 |
[09:03] | bug concentration, wind patterns, | 考虑到虫子密度 风速风力 |
[09:05] | depth of swamp water, and humidity, | 沼泽深度 以及湿度 |
[09:07] | this is the ideal drop zone. | 这里是最佳释放点 |
[09:09] | That’s accessible by fanboat, | 坐旋翼船能过去 |
[09:11] | but it’s deep in the wetlands, so no time to waste. | 但是位于湿地深处 所以别浪费时间了 |
[09:14] | I’ll, I’ll let you get to it. | 那你们尽快开始吧 |
[09:15] | Wait. You’re not going with us? | 等等 你不跟我们一起去吗 |
[09:17] | The director of the CDC is flying in from Atlanta, | 疾病控制中心部长要从亚特兰大飞过来 |
[09:19] | and needs to be debriefed in person. | 他要亲自听汇报 |
[09:20] | Who’s driving? | 谁来架船 |
[09:21] | I took the wheel during a swamp tour | 我上次去鹈鹕之州的时候 |
[09:23] | during my last visit to the Pelican State. | 在沼泽旅行团上负责架船 |
[09:25] | I wasn’t supposed to, but I did great until | 本来不应该的 但我表现很好 |
[09:27] | that tour guide scolded me for no good reason. | 但后来导游莫名其妙批评我 |
[09:29] | I can handle it. | 我来吧 |
[09:30] | Thank you for your help, Doctor. | 谢谢你的帮助 博士 |
[09:31] | Welcome. I’ll get out of your hair. | 不客气 我就不烦你们了[离开头发] |
[09:33] | Oh, speaking of which, | 说到头发 |
[09:34] | I can hardly notice that yours is a toupee. | 我几乎看不出来你头上戴的是假发 |
[09:37] | It’s quite realistic. | 还挺逼真的 |
[09:41] | – Thank you? – Yeah. | -谢谢你吗 -不客气 |
[09:45] | – What possessed you to say that? – You did. | -你为什么要那样说 -因为你 |
[09:48] | I’m practicing white lies, like we talked about. | 我在练习说善意的谎言 你之前说过的 |
[09:50] | The toupee was actually very noticeable. | 其实那个假发特别明显 |
[09:53] | Oh, you really need to go over the rules of white lies again. | 你真应该好好研究下善意谎言的定义 |
[10:02] | I got it. | 我可以的 |
[10:04] | It’s coming back to me now. | 我现在回想起来了 |
[10:05] | Take it slow, Doc. | 开慢点 博士 |
[10:09] | – Are you guys near the drop zone yet? – Not yet. | -你们到释放点了吗 -还没有 |
[10:11] | Getting close. | 快到了 |
[10:12] | We need to head west. | 我们得往西走 |
[10:14] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[10:20] | Oh, my beads! | 我的珠子 |
[10:24] | Toby, Toby, stop the boat. | 托比 快停船 |
[10:28] | We need to go back. The mosquitoes went overboard. | 我们得回去 蚊子们掉了 |
[10:30] | Damn it, Doc, I said to take it slow. | 该死 博士 我不是说了慢点吗 |
[10:32] | That was not my fault. | 这不怪我 |
[10:33] | The fan sucked in the beads, it was choking me. | 旋翼卡到了珠子项链 我差点被勒死 |
[10:35] | You shouldn’t have had those stupid beads on in the first place. | 你一开始就不应该戴那什么破珠子 |
[10:37] | We do not have time for this. | 没时间说这个了 |
[10:38] | Just turn the boat around so we can get the canister. | 赶紧掉头 我们去拿蚊子罐 |
[10:40] | It’s way back that way. | 离得那么远 |
[10:46] | You know, for the record, my beads are not stupid. | 我声明一下 我的珠子不破 |
[10:48] | You said yourself they’re cool. | 你自己也说过很酷 |
[10:50] | Do none of you understand the concept of a white lie? | 你们都不懂什么叫善意的谎言吗 |
[10:53] | Up there, I see the container. | 在那里 我看到罐子了 |
[10:57] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:00] | A little closer, I’ll scoop it up. | 靠近点 我捞上来 |
[11:06] | Gator! | 鳄鱼 |
[11:10] | It got the tin. | 吃掉了罐子 |
[11:11] | Gator? As in “Alligator”? | 鳄鱼 你是说水里的鳄鱼吗 |
[11:13] | Swallowed it whole. One bite. | 直接吞掉了 一口闷 |
[11:15] | We can’t just let him get the mosquitoes. | 不能让它把蚊子都吃了 |
[11:17] | That tin is the only way to stop the virus. | 这是阻止病毒的唯一方式 |
[11:31] | How the hell do we stop the plague | 要是没有那些蚊子 |
[11:33] | if we don’t have those mosquitoes? | 我们还怎么阻止传染病 |
[11:34] | We can’t. We’re cooked like crawdads. | 阻止不了 我们死定了 |
[11:36] | He’s right. In 34 minutes, those mosquitoes are dead, | 他说得对 34分钟后 那些蚊子就死了 |
[11:39] | and the pandemic becomes irreversible. | 这场传染病将势不可挡 |
[11:41] | What’s the plan? | 你们打算怎么办 |
[11:43] | You know, we could hit the big guy with one of these tranq darts. | 我们可以用镇定镖对付这个大家伙 |
[11:47] | I could perform a quick surgery and take the tin out. | 我能迅速把锡罐取出来 |
[11:50] | I mean, small incision, suture with fishing line. | 切个小口 用鱼线缝合 |
[11:52] | It’d be easy as étouffée. | 跟做炖虾一样简单 |
[11:53] | Well, how do we do that? We need the beast to tranq him. | 要怎么做 也得先找到那只鳄鱼才行啊 |
[11:56] | Maybe it’s a her. | 也许是只母的 |
[11:58] | And that matters why? | 重要吗 |
[12:00] | Well, it’s nesting season for reptiles, | 现在是爬行动物的产卵期 |
[12:02] | and alligators are very territorial of their young. | 鳄鱼会圈地保护幼崽 |
[12:04] | If we find where she’s buried her eggs, | 如果我们找到了她藏鳄鱼蛋的地方 |
[12:05] | she won’t be far away. | 那就离她不远了 |
[12:07] | Okay, the Barataria swamp is a national preserve. | 巴拉塔里亚沼泽是国家保护区 |
[12:10] | The rangers may keep track of the animals | 管理员也许会在网上 |
[12:12] | and their nesting sites online. | 记录动物特征及其产卵地 |
[12:14] | Did you guys notice any distinguishing characteristics? | 你们注意到什么特别之处了吗 |
[12:17] | Yes, she had big, sharp teeth and a prehistoric jaw. | 她的牙齿硕大锋利 下颌原始凶猛 |
[12:20] | Distinguishing to this alligator. | 这只鳄鱼的特别之处 |
[12:22] | Oh, a long scar over its right eye. | 右眼有道疤 |
[12:24] | I saw it when it jumped at me. | 它扑向我时 我看到了 |
[12:25] | Okay, there’s a gator in the preserve system named Yvonne. | 保护区系统中有只叫”伊冯”的鳄鱼 |
[12:29] | It says here she lays her eggs on a muddy spot | 记录显示 她把蛋下在了一处泥地 |
[12:32] | half a mile southwest of your current location. | 在你们南边八百米处 |
[12:35] | I will send the coordinates. | 我把坐标发给你们 |
[12:36] | Great! Let’s get moving. | 很好 行动吧 |
[12:37] | Not so fast. | 动作慢点 |
[12:39] | We start that fan, it may scare Yvonne. | 发动旋翼船可能会吓到伊冯 |
[12:42] | This fanboat just became a gondola. | 艘旋翼船要变成小划船咯 |
[12:46] | Enjoy your water. | 用水愉快 |
[12:48] | Great stuff. | 滤水器很棒 |
[12:49] | Saving the planet. | 能拯救地球 |
[12:51] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[12:53] | Patty, may I make an observation? | 帕蒂 能说说我的看法吗 |
[12:56] | You really are not acting like yourself today. | 你今天真的很不对劲 |
[12:59] | I know you said you didn’t want to talk | 我知道你说过不想谈 |
[13:01] | about what happened before, but… | 发生了什么 但是… |
[13:06] | if you got a tardy, | 如果你迟到了 |
[13:06] | then it must have been something serious. | 那就一定不是小事 |
[13:08] | I told you, it’s not important. | 我说过了 不重要 |
[13:10] | The tardy thing is a dumb school record | 就是个愚蠢的学校记录 |
[13:12] | that nobody cared about anyway. | 反正也没人在乎 |
[13:14] | I cared about it. | 我在乎 |
[13:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:17] | ‘Cause you cared about it. | 因为你在乎 |
[13:21] | Maybe they did me a favor. | 也许她们是帮了我个忙 |
[13:22] | Now I don’t have to worry about being a perfect little nerd | 我现在不必再费心做个完美的小书呆子 |
[13:25] | with a perfect little record. | 保持完美的记录了 |
[13:27] | Who’s “they”? | “她们”是谁 |
[13:28] | What did they do? | 她们对你做了什么 |
[13:30] | Some of the popular girls at school found out | 学校几个受欢迎的女生发现 |
[13:34] | that I asked Jesse Colt to the Sadie Hawkins dance. | 我邀请杰西·科特在莎狄·霍金斯节做我的舞伴 |
[13:37] | They thought that | 她们觉得 |
[13:39] | it was out of line for someone | 我这么做太没数了 |
[13:40] | with my high school social status to ask out a jock. | 以我在高中的社交地位 不配约男神 |
[13:44] | So they decided to teach me a lesson, | 所以她们想教训一下我 |
[13:46] | as if Jesse turning me down flat wasn’t bad enough. | 似乎觉得杰西直接拒绝我还不够 |
[13:50] | He said no? | 他拒绝你了 |
[13:53] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[13:53] | And what did these girls do? | 那些女生做了什么 |
[13:55] | I leave my bike on the side of my garage. | 我把自行车停在车库旁边了 |
[13:57] | This morning, the tires were slashed. | 今早发现轮胎被划破了 |
[14:00] | They left a mean note. | 她们还留下了一张恶毒的字条 |
[14:06] | I was late for first period. | 我第一节课迟到了 |
[14:10] | I worked so hard for that record. | 我一直很很努力保持按时到校的记录 |
[14:18] | Your parents talk to the principal? | 你父母和校长谈过了吗 |
[14:20] | I can’t tell them. | 我不敢告诉他们 |
[14:22] | Then they’d tell the other girls’ parents, | 那样他们就会告诉那些女生的父母 |
[14:24] | and I’d be a pariah, more so. | 我就成了众矢之的 事情就更严重了 |
[14:28] | I have to get back. | 我得回去了 |
[14:30] | I told my civics teacher I’d be back by 2:00. | 我告诉公民课老师我两点就回去 |
[14:33] | See you later. | 回见 |
[14:37] | I don’t like people messing with her. | 我不希望她被人欺负 |
[14:40] | Don’t worry. They won’t get away with it. | 别担心 不会放过她们的 |
[14:52] | Well, the baby gators couldn’t have gone too far from the shore, | 小鳄鱼不会离河岸太远 |
[14:55] | and neither would their mother. | 母鳄鱼也是 |
[14:56] | Okay, so she’s somewhere around here, | 那她就在附近 |
[14:58] | but the shoreline’s miles long, | 可海岸线这么长 |
[14:59] | and we’ve got 30 minutes to find the mosquitoes. | 我们只有半小时找到蚊子 |
[15:01] | How do we track her in time? | 怎么才能及时找到她 |
[15:02] | We don’t need to track her, | 不需要找她 |
[15:03] | we track the mosquitoes. | 找到蚊子就好 |
[15:05] | If we can build a metal detector, | 如果能造个金属探测器 |
[15:06] | then we can locate the bug box inside the gator. | 就能定位鳄鱼体内装蚊子的锡罐的位置 |
[15:08] | Okay, I can help you build one. | 我能帮你造一个 |
[15:09] | Does the boat have a radio with an A.M. band? | 船上有能收调幅信号的收音机吗 |
[15:12] | Let me check. | 我找找看 |
[15:16] | Yeah. | 有 |
[15:17] | We’ll need a calculator. | 我们需要一个计算器 |
[15:18] | Yeah, I have a scientific calculator in my bag. | 我包里有个科学计算器 |
[15:20] | – I never leave home without one. – Naturally. | -我出门一直带着计算器 -很正常 |
[15:22] | The calculator’s electronic circuits | 计算器的电路 |
[15:24] | produce a radio frequency signal. | 能发出射频信号 |
[15:27] | When those frequency waves | 当射频电波 |
[15:28] | reflect off of the metal canister in the gator, | 碰到鳄鱼体内的金属罐反射回来时 |
[15:30] | they’ll be audible through A.M. radio. | 就能通过调幅广播听到了 |
[15:32] | All right, as soon as we locate Yvonne, | 一定位到伊冯 |
[15:34] | I’ll lure her out of the water | 我就用美味的鸡肉 |
[15:35] | with this delicious chicken carcass. | 把她引出水面 |
[15:37] | Then I’ll hold her with the snare | 然后再用罗网困住她 |
[15:39] | until I hit her with the tranq dart. | 直到给她注射完镇定镖 |
[15:40] | Then it’s surgery time. | 接下来就是手术时间了 |
[15:44] | We’ve got another one with the stomach flu. | 又有一个学生得了病毒性肠胃炎 |
[15:46] | I’m gonna need a pickup. | 得加快速度了 |
[15:47] | I hate high school. | 我恨高中 |
[15:53] | I’m going to check in with the principal’s secretary, | 我去问问校长秘书 |
[15:55] | and see how much longer we’ll be waiting. | 看看还需要等多久 |
[16:02] | What are you in for? | 你来干什么 |
[16:03] | I’m here to help a friend.You? | 来给我朋友帮忙 你呢 |
[16:06] | I forgot my combination, so I broke my lock again. | 我忘记密码了 所以又撬锁打开了柜子 |
[16:09] | H-How am I supposed to remember, anyway? | 这密码根本记不住啊 |
[16:11] | There must be hundreds of possible combos. | 可能的密码组合得有几百种吧 |
[16:15] | Uh, 64,000 combinations, to be exact. | 准确地说 六万四千种 |
[16:18] | When my pal gets back, | 等我朋友回来 |
[16:19] | tell him I’ll be waiting for him outside. | 告诉他我在外面等他 |
[16:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:26] | Oh, we got a hit. | 有动静了 |
[16:28] | Yeah? Let’s take it to shore, Cabe. | 把船开到岸边 凯布 |
[16:30] | All right, quiet. | 好 小心点 |
[16:31] | Try to disturb the water as little as possible. | 尽量别搅动水面 |
[16:34] | Oh, there she is. | 她在那儿 |
[16:36] | All right, Toby. | 好了 托比 |
[16:38] | Let’s get that chicken ready. | 准备好鸡肉 |
[16:42] | Don’t tranq her till she’s lassoed. | 等把她套结实了再注射镇定剂 |
[16:49] | Quiet now, cher. | 小点心 |
[16:51] | We huntin’ cocodril. | 我们可是在捕捉”鳄鳄”呢 |
[16:52] | That’s Cajun for “alligator.” | 这是卡津方言中”鳄鱼”的意思 |
[16:54] | Yeah? And what’s Cajun for “my foot in your ass”? | 是吗 那卡津方言”踢你屁股”怎么说 |
[16:59] | I should know that; I’ve heard it before. | 我知道的 之前听过 |
[17:02] | Paige, keep the boat steady so I can make the shot. | 佩吉 稳住船身 方便我发射镇定镖 |
[17:06] | Here you go, girl. | 来吧 “鳄鱼妹子” |
[17:10] | Careful, Cabe. | 小心点 凯布 |
[17:11] | Ah, she just surfaced. | 她露出水面了 |
[17:13] | She doesn’t seem interested in the chicken. | 她好像对鸡肉不感兴趣 |
[17:16] | That’s ’cause you’re not making it seem like a tasty bird. | 因为你弄得看起来一点也不可口诱人 |
[17:18] | You got to entice her, Cabe. | 你得引诱她 凯布 |
[17:19] | Maybe I should’ve made it a cacciatore | 也许我该弄成猎人炸子鸡 |
[17:21] | or a chicken parmigiana? | 或是帕尔马干酪鸡 |
[17:23] | You need it to act like it’s alive. | 你得弄得像是只活鸡 |
[17:25] | You know? No animal just pops up and down like that. | 哪有动物会上下晃来晃去的 |
[17:28] | See? See how it just skims the surface there? | 看见没 像这样掠过水面 |
[17:31] | It’s like a duck. | 就像个鸭子 |
[17:32] | Watch it, Toby, you’re kind of close. | 小心点托比 你离得太近了 |
[17:34] | Hey, dummy, if I’m pregnant, | 笨蛋 我要是怀孕了 |
[17:35] | I do not want to tell my child | 我不想告诉我的孩子 |
[17:37] | that Dad died as gator bait. | 爸爸是作为鳄鱼的诱饵而死 |
[17:42] | We got movement. | 有动静了 |
[17:43] | And then, when she comes up for her meal, | 她马上就会为了她的晚餐而露头 |
[17:45] | Walt, hit her with that tranq gun. | 沃特 用那个镇静枪射击她 |
[17:48] | Got her in my sights. | 看到她了 |
[17:53] | Damn it, she’s gone. | 可恶 她跑了 |
[17:54] | Maybe she’s not hungry. | 或许她不是很饿 |
[17:59] | The rope’s tangled around my arm, I’m falling in! | 绳子缠住了我的胳膊 我要被拖进水了 |
[18:01] | Tranq the dinosaur! | 快给她一枪镇静 |
[18:02] | I can’t get a line on her! | 我看不到她 |
[18:04] | Just point, aim and shoot. | 就把枪举起来 瞄准然后射击 |
[18:07] | You missed! | 打偏了 |
[18:08] | It’s harder than it looks. | 这比看起来要难 |
[18:09] | Dig your feet in the mud! | 把你的脚踩进泥里 |
[18:11] | I’m gonna reach into my pocket | 我要从兜里 |
[18:12] | and get my pocket knife and cut the rope! | 掏出小刀把绳子割断 |
[18:14] | The thrashing of the water is moving the boat. | 水的波动使得船一直在动 |
[18:15] | I-I can’t aim! | 我无法瞄准 |
[18:16] | – Just shoot it! – Shoot it! | -就开枪吧 -开枪 |
[18:19] | Son of a bitch! | 真他妈该死 |
[18:20] | Did you hit the target? | 你击中目标了吗 |
[18:21] | Uh, not the one I was aiming for. | 不是我瞄准的那个 |
[18:23] | He shot me in the ass! | 他击中我的屁股了 |
[18:25] | It’s not as easy as it looks! | 不是像看起来的那么简单 |
[18:29] | Come on. | 走 |
[18:30] | Come on. All right. | 走 好了 |
[18:31] | Come on, big fella. | 来吧 大块头 |
[18:32] | Okay. Happy, they’re safe. | 好了 乐乐 他们安全了 |
[18:33] | What about the prehistoric beast? | 那史前怪兽呢 |
[18:36] | Just took a dart from his butt. | 他的屁股被镇静镖击中了 |
[18:37] | The alligator, stupid. | 我是说鳄鱼 二货 |
[18:39] | Oh. No, she got away. | 没 她跑掉了 |
[18:42] | I got the dart out before all the drugs discharged, | 我在所有药物都注入之前拔出了镖 |
[18:44] | but he’s still got a heavy sedative in him. | 但是他还是被注射了很多镇静剂 |
[18:45] | We’re gonna need an antidote | 在镇静剂影响神经系统之前 |
[18:46] | before it hits his nervous system. | 我们得找到解毒剂 |
[18:48] | Ah, that’s all right. | 没事 |
[18:49] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[18:53] | So about that antidote? | 解毒剂呢 |
[19:01] | Let’s get those mosquitoes. | 我们去抓蚊子 |
[19:03] | Happy, you call Ditterman, and hurry up. | 乐乐 你赶快给迪特曼打电话 |
[19:05] | He should have the antivenin. | 他应该有抗毒血清 |
[19:07] | Enough of this stuff interferes enough with his nervous system, | 镇定剂干扰到他的神经系统到某个程度时 |
[19:09] | -it’ll kill him. -Already dialed. | -会杀死他 -已经拨号了 |
[19:10] | You are a mile away from Rural Route 32. | 你们离32号乡道还有1.6公里 |
[19:13] | If you can get Cabe to that highway, | 如果你能把凯布送到高速公路 |
[19:14] | I can tell Ditterman to meet you with the antidote. | 我可以让迪特曼带着解毒剂去找你们 |
[19:16] | All right. Uh, I’ll take him, you go get the gator. | 好 我带他去 你们去解决鳄鱼 |
[19:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:20] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[19:21] | Let’s go, big fella. | 走吧 大块头 |
[19:22] | What’s up, Doc? | 怎么了 医生 |
[19:24] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[19:26] | Guys, I got to go. | 伙计们 我得挂了 |
[19:27] | I have Ditterman on the line. | 迪特曼打电话来了 |
[19:28] | So we have T minus 24 minutes to get our mosquitoes back. | 我们只剩下24分钟找回蚊子了 |
[19:31] | There are no more tranquilizer darts, | 没有镇静镖了 |
[19:33] | we’ve lost our surgeon, and even if we find Yvonne, | 外科大夫也走了 即便我们找到伊冯 |
[19:35] | we won’t be able to get our tin back, anyway. | 我们也无法把罐子弄回来 |
[19:36] | Well, maybe we don’t need to get it from her. | 或许我们不用从她那拿到 |
[19:38] | Maybe we can get her to give it to us. | 或许我们可以让她给我们 |
[19:40] | Lobelia inflata is native to the Southeast. | 北美山梗菜源于东南部 |
[19:42] | It grows on the eucalyptus trees found near the swamps. | 会长在沼泽旁边的桉树上 |
[19:44] | Come on, let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[19:45] | Explain how giving the alligator | 解释一下 为什么给鳄鱼一种植物 |
[19:47] | a plant is going to give us the box back. | 就能把我们的盒子还回来 |
[19:48] | Well, because Lobelia inflata is more commonly known | 因为北美山梗菜更为人所知的名字是 |
[19:50] | by its layman’s nickname: the puke weed. | 外行人给起的别名 呕吐草 |
[19:54] | And what exactly is your relationship | 你和罗根小姐具体是什么关系 |
[19:56] | to Ms. Logan, Mr. Dodd? | 多德先生 |
[19:58] | Brother? Uncle? | 哥哥还是叔叔 |
[19:59] | I’m her alderman, she’s my intern. | 我是市议员 她是我的实习生 |
[20:02] | Okay, Mr. Dodd. | 好吧 多德先生 |
[20:03] | Do you have any proof of who slashed Patty’s tires? | 你有任何证据表明是谁扎了帕蒂的轮胎 |
[20:07] | Well, no, but I think the note is crystal clear. | 并没有 但是我认为纸条很明显 |
[20:10] | It was retribution for an alleged crossing | 这是对宣称越过 |
[20:12] | of arbitrary societal lines. | 专制社会界限的报复 |
[20:14] | Now, if we could compare | 如果我们可以对比 |
[20:16] | the handwriting in the note to the handwriting | 字条上的字迹和 |
[20:18] | of these girls that Patty has mentioned… | 帕蒂提到的那些女孩的字迹 |
[20:20] | This isn’t CSI. | 这不是犯罪现场调查 |
[20:21] | We don’t have the resources | 我们没有可以 |
[20:23] | for handwriting analysis. | 分析字迹的资源 |
[20:25] | Now, I’ll look into it, | 我会去查一下 |
[20:26] | and if there is something to be done, I’ll handle it. | 如果有什么问题 我会解决 |
[20:28] | How’s that sound? | 这样如何 |
[20:30] | Like bullnuggets. | 毫无意义 |
[20:32] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[20:33] | I’ve met you before. | 我以前见过你 |
[20:35] | Your nameplate might read “Ms. Carlisle,” | 你的名牌上写的可能是卡莱尔女士 |
[20:37] | but it might as well read “Mr. Dinkins,” | 但是也可以读作丁金斯先生 |
[20:39] | and you might as well be a 68-year-old | 你可能也是一位68岁的 |
[20:42] | balding man with an overbite | 龅牙秃顶男人 |
[20:44] | and a bad comb-over | 留着一个糟糕的发型 |
[20:45] | and absolutely no intention | 并且对于巴迪·欣克尔偷了我的 |
[20:47] | of doing anything about Buddy Hinkle stealing | 逗比侠午餐盒并且扔在 |
[20:49] | my Super Fun Guy lunch box and throwing it up | 操场上的鸡爪枫里这件事 |
[20:51] | in the Japanese maple on the playground. | 没有任何要处理的想法 |
[20:55] | I think we’ve gotten off topic. | 我觉得这好像偏离话题了 |
[20:57] | No. | 不 |
[20:58] | I am perfectly on topic, Ms. Carlisle. | 我就在主题上 卡莱尔女士 |
[21:01] | I am on the topic | 我就在聊 |
[21:02] | of bureaucrats who would rather sit and wait out | 那些在退休前的最后两年 |
[21:05] | their last two years until retirement | 宁愿只是混吃等死 |
[21:08] | instead of actually helping the kids who need help. | 而不真的去帮助需要帮助的孩子的官僚 |
[21:12] | So I am done talking to you. | 我不要再和你聊了 |
[21:13] | What is the name of Patty’s guidance counselor? | 帕蒂的学习指导员是谁 |
[21:16] | Uh, Mr. Gipmar. | 基马尔先生 |
[21:18] | I suggest you get Gipmar | 我建议你去找基马尔 |
[21:19] | ’cause I’m sitting in your office | 因为我就坐在你的办公室里 |
[21:21] | and I’m not leaving till I get my lunch box. | 并且在找回我的午餐盒前我是不会走的 |
[21:26] | There it is. | 这就是了 |
[21:27] | The Lobelia inflata. | 北美山梗菜 |
[21:29] | Oh, it’s pretty high up. | 这很高啊 |
[21:30] | No way to scale that tree, | 我们没法爬上那棵树 |
[21:31] | so how do we get up there? | 那怎么能拿到 |
[21:32] | Uh, what sort of equipment do you have on the boat? | 你们的船上有什么工具 |
[21:34] | A bunch of your husband’s Mardi Gras beads. | 一堆你老公的狂欢节珠子 |
[21:37] | Not really useful. | 不是很有用 |
[21:38] | Oh, I saw a tarp and some rope for crawdad traps. | 我看到一块柏油帆布和用来抓喇蛄虾的网 |
[21:41] | Okay, I can work with that. | 好 我可以用上那些 |
[21:42] | Yeah, yeah, thanks, Doc, we’ll see you soon. | 谢谢 医生 我们一会见 |
[21:45] | Cabe, Ditterman’s got the antidote in hand. | 凯布 迪特曼拿到解毒药了 |
[21:46] | He’s gonna meet us on Route 32 ASAP, | 他会尽快到32号公路来找我们 |
[21:48] | so we got to hustle. | 所以我们得抓点紧 |
[21:51] | I got something in my ear. | 我的耳朵里有东西 |
[21:52] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[21:55] | You got something, too. | 你也有 |
[21:56] | What? No. Stop it. Cabe. | 什么 不 别动 凯布 |
[21:58] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, those are our comms! | 那是我们的通讯器 |
[22:01] | Let’s just go. | 咱们走吧 |
[22:03] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[22:04] | Come here. Why don’t you, uh, | 过来 你要不就 |
[22:06] | why don’t you just follow my lead here? | 要不就这样跟着我 |
[22:08] | Huh? Here we go. | 我们走吧 |
[22:10] | You know what, Doc? | 告诉你吧 医生 |
[22:12] | This is what life’s all about. | 生活就是这样 |
[22:14] | Taking care of people you love. | 照顾你所爱的人 |
[22:17] | We need to take care of each other. | 我们得照顾彼此 |
[22:20] | You’re gonna learn that soon… | 你很快就会明白了 |
[22:22] | ’cause you’re… | 因为你… |
[22:23] | you’re gonna be a dad. | 你就要当爸爸了 |
[22:25] | That’s so awesome. | 这太棒了 |
[22:27] | – That’s so awesome. – Yeah. | -太棒了 -是啊 |
[22:30] | Came to the Big Easy to party | 来新奥尔良开派对 |
[22:32] | and I’m the designated driver for Tipsy McStumblepants. | 我还得开车载着你这个东倒西歪的醉鬼回去 |
[22:35] | You know what else is awesome? Huh? | 你知道还有什么事很棒吗 |
[22:37] | Breakfast for dinner. | 晚餐时间吃早餐 |
[22:42] | Boop. | 笨蛋 |
[22:44] | I hate you. | 我讨厌你 |
[22:45] | Okay, then you take the end of the rope, | 好 然后拿着绳子这头 |
[22:47] | you slide it through the double-hitched knot, | 把绳头穿入双圈结里 |
[22:48] | you put it through the A-hinge of the crawdad trap, | 再放到捕虾网的铰链里 |
[22:50] | you wrap it around the other side, | 在另一边绕一下 |
[22:51] | and you repeat the steps to act as a counterbalance. | 然后反方向再来一次 |
[22:53] | Happy, can you slow down? | 乐乐 你能慢一点吗 |
[22:54] | I’m trying to follow your instructions, | 我在尽力跟进你的指示了 |
[22:55] | but you’re going way too fast. | 但你说的也太快了 |
[22:56] | Oh, God, this would be so much easier | 天啊 要是我在那儿亲自动手 |
[22:58] | if I was there to build it. | 那就能快多了 |
[22:59] | Okay, you’re the one with the, uh, 197 IQ. | 好吧 你智商高达197呢 |
[23:02] | Keep up. | 加油跟上我的速度 |
[23:03] | My area of expertise is not mechanical engineering. | 我的特长领域可不是机械工程 |
[23:06] | Maybe if you could articulate your ideas | 或许要是你能把你的想法 |
[23:07] | a little bit better, then… | 表述得更清楚一些 那… |
[23:09] | No, you’re right. | 确实 你说的对 |
[23:10] | I have no patience for explaining things. | 我对解释东西完全没耐心 |
[23:12] | Toby says the same thing. | 托比也这么说 |
[23:14] | I am a sucky teacher. | 我是个糟糕的老师 |
[23:16] | Actually, you’re not. | 其实也不是 |
[23:19] | I see here that the mistake was mine. | 我觉得这件事错在我 |
[23:21] | I-I did a single-hitched knot instead of a double-hitch | 我只系了单圈结而不是双圈结 |
[23:24] | like you said. | 没按你的话做 |
[23:25] | So it’s totally my fault. | 所以这全是我的错 |
[23:29] | But if you could slow it down a bit, | 但如果你能稍微慢一点说 |
[23:31] | I, uh, might be able to get it right the next time | 或许下一次我就能做对了 |
[23:34] | and then we could climb that tree | 然后我们就能爬上那棵树 |
[23:36] | and grab that puke weed. | 拿到呕吐草 |
[23:38] | Okay. 20 minutes left to make this happen. | 好吧 想要成功就只剩二十分钟了 |
[23:40] | Let’s start off from the top again. | 我们从头再来一遍 |
[23:42] | You take the base of the crawdad trap. | 拿住捕虾网的根部 |
[23:44] | That’s gonna be your seat. | 你一会儿要坐进去 |
[23:46] | Now, that’s how you white-lie. | 这才是说善意谎言的方法 |
[23:49] | Very proud of you. | 很为你骄傲 |
[23:53] | Brown mustard, L.A. Kings, | 棕色芥末酱 洛杉矶之王 |
[23:57] | wind chimes, and that’s it. | 风铃 就这样 |
[23:59] | That’s everything that’s awesome. | 就这些 这些都棒极了 |
[24:01] | Oh, is that all? You sure? | 就这些吗 你确定 |
[24:03] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:04] | Maybe I’m forgetting something. | 也许忘记了什么 |
[24:06] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, Cabe! | 凯布 |
[24:07] | Come on, come on, man. Hey. | 起来 哥们儿 |
[24:08] | Are you feeling all right? | 你还好吗 |
[24:13] | Answer appears to be no. | 很显然不好 |
[24:19] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[24:20] | That road can’t be more than a quarter mile away. | 那条路应该只有不到四百米远 |
[24:22] | Cabe, you know what? | 凯布 听着 |
[24:23] | Um, stay here. | 呆在这儿 |
[24:25] | I’m gonna go get Ditterman and the antidote | 我去接迪特曼 拿到解药 |
[24:27] | and I– and I’ll be right back. Okay? | 我马上就回来 好吗 |
[24:29] | – Awesome. – Don’t move. | -太棒了 -别乱跑 |
[24:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:36] | Cabe! Over here, over here! | 凯布 过来 这边 |
[24:38] | Toby?! | 托比 |
[24:40] | Cabe, hurry! | 凯布 快点 |
[24:46] | What you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[24:47] | I’m in quicksand, you idiot. | 我掉进流沙了 你个白痴 |
[24:49] | Quicksand. | 流沙 |
[24:50] | I haven’t seen quicksand since The Princess Bride. | 自从《公主新娘》后 我还没见过流沙呢 |
[24:52] | Now, that was an awesome movie. | 那部电影可真好看 |
[24:55] | Don’t fear, Buttercup. | 别怕 公主 |
[24:57] | I will save you. | 我来救你 |
[24:59] | I’m a dead man. | 我死定了 |
[25:06] | Coming, buddy! | 我来了 兄弟 |
[25:08] | Yeah. | 好 |
[25:09] | All right, now pull me out. | 很好 现在拉我出去 |
[25:13] | Come on. | 使劲 |
[25:17] | I can’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[25:18] | Yeah, that’s ’cause you’re hopped up on tranq juice. | 是啊 因为你中了镇静剂 |
[25:20] | Oh, I’m really going down fast. | 我沉得也太快了 |
[25:22] | Um, Cabe? | 凯布 |
[25:24] | Can you find a vine or something? | 你能找根藤蔓之类的吗 |
[25:25] | Okay, I’m on it. | 好的 这就找 |
[25:30] | No, no, no, no! Forget about it. | 不不不 别找了 |
[25:32] | New plan. | 新计划 |
[25:33] | Forget about trying to pull me out. | 别想着拉我出来了 |
[25:34] | You got to push me down. | 你得推我沉下去 |
[25:36] | Fast! | 快点 |
[25:37] | You want me to smother you in the quicksand? | 你想让我把你按到流沙里憋死吗 |
[25:39] | No, quicksand’s created by underground water systems | 不是 流沙是地下水系统造成的 |
[25:41] | like rivers or streams. | 比如河流小溪之类的 |
[25:42] | So I bet there’s a stream underneath this pit | 所以我猜这坑底下应该有水流 |
[25:44] | that runs to that pond over there. | 能通到那边的池塘里 |
[25:45] | So you want me to drown you? | 那你是想让我淹死你吗 |
[25:47] | No, just find something heavy | 不是 快找点够重的东西 |
[25:48] | that’s gonna weigh me down quick, | 好让我快点沉下去 |
[25:49] | and I’m gonna fall to the underground stream, | 然后我会掉进地下暗流 |
[25:51] | I’ll ride it to the pond, and then I’ll swim to the surface | 顺着这股水流进到池塘 然后再游上水面 |
[25:53] | before I suffocate or drown! | 省得我被憋死或是淹死 |
[25:54] | Oh, man, that sounds scary. | 老天 听着好可怕 |
[25:56] | Go get the damn rock! | 该死的快去找石头 |
[25:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:08] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[26:09] | Gator’s nearby. | 鳄鱼就在附近 |
[26:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:12] | I’ll grab the chicken. | 我来拿鸡肉 |
[26:16] | Get every last bit in there. | 把所有的草都塞进去 |
[26:17] | I hung from a crawdad rope 20 feet in the air | 我穿着捕虾网在六米高的半空吊了半天 |
[26:19] | – to get that crap. – Understood. | -才拿到的 -明白 |
[26:22] | I’ll need your smart watch. | 我需要你的智能手表 |
[26:24] | You plan to text Yvonne? | 你是要给伊冯发短信吗 |
[26:26] | The watch is also a tracking device. | 那块手表也是跟踪装置 |
[26:28] | This way we won’t risk losing her again. | 这样我们就不会再跟丢了 |
[26:30] | Oh, you’re making, like, a real-life Tick-Tock Croc. | 你是要把她变成滴答鳄鱼啊 |
[26:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:35] | Peter Pan, when the crocodile swallowed the alarm clock? | 《彼得潘》里那只吞了闹钟的鳄鱼你不知道吗 |
[26:38] | I’ve never read it. | 我从没读过 |
[26:39] | Besides, Yvonne is an alligator, not a croc. | 再说 伊冯是短吻鳄 不是普通鳄鱼 |
[26:41] | Crocs are on average five feet longer | 一般普通鳄鱼的体长比短吻鳄长一米半 |
[26:44] | and they tend to live in saltwater habitats, | 而且多栖息于咸水中 |
[26:46] | while alligators prefer | 而短吻鳄更喜欢 |
[26:48] | freshwater marshes. | 淡水沼泽 |
[26:49] | Don’t ruin Peter Pan for me. | 别毁了我对彼得潘的好印象 |
[26:53] | Ping was over here. | 信号在这里 |
[27:05] | Here, gator, gator, gator. | 来吧 鳄鱼啊鳄鱼 |
[27:18] | Okay, let’s follow her. | 好了 我们跟上她吧 |
[27:20] | It’s working. It’s showing us | 管用了 能看出来 |
[27:22] | exactly where Yvonne and the mosquitoes are headed. | 伊冯和蚊子们到底要去哪儿了 |
[27:24] | 12 minutes to go. No time to waste. | 只剩十二分钟了 要争分夺秒 |
[27:26] | Okay. Let’s follow that gator. | 好 让我们追着鳄鱼跑吧 |
[27:33] | Cabe! Where the hell are you, man?! | 凯布 你到底去哪儿了啊 |
[27:39] | Where’s the rock?! | 石头呢 |
[27:40] | Where the hell you been?! | 你去哪了 |
[27:41] | Well, I couldn’t find one large rock. | 我找不到大石头 |
[27:44] | But not to worry. | 但是别担心 |
[27:46] | – I found a bunch of small ones. – Pebbles?! | -我找到一堆小的 -小石子 |
[27:48] | Pebbles do not help me! | 小石子不管用的 |
[27:50] | I always thought one of the stupid ones were gonna kill me. | 我就知道总有一天会我被某个傻瓜害死 |
[27:52] | I thought it was gonna be Paige. | 我还以为会是佩吉 |
[27:55] | Cabe, come on, man. | 凯布 拜托 |
[27:56] | Stay with me. If I die, you got to get to Route 32 by yourself. | 想办法 如果我死了你就得自己去32号路了 |
[28:04] | Wasn’t the weight I was looking for, | 和我期待的重物不太一样 |
[28:05] | but you’ll do. | 但你也可以吧 |
[28:25] | Whoa! What just happened?! | 发生了什么 |
[28:26] | You just took the worst water park ride ever. | 你刚经历了一场糟糕的水上乐园之旅 |
[28:31] | Ooh, I feel alert now! | 我感觉很清醒 |
[28:32] | Yeah, that’s an adrenaline rush. | 是肾上腺素的作用 |
[28:33] | It’s soon gonna wear off. | 很快就会消耗掉 |
[28:34] | It’s a double-edged sword. | 这是一把双刃剑 |
[28:36] | The adrenaline’s got your heart pumping faster, | 肾上腺素让你的心跳加快 |
[28:38] | which is gonna make the drug go through your body faster, too. | 但也会让毒素更快地进入你体内 |
[28:51] | Watch stopped moving. | 表不动了 |
[28:52] | Well, Yvonne would stop to vomit. | 伊冯可能停下来吐了 |
[28:55] | The puke weed worked faster than we thought. | 呕吐草比我们预想得更早开始起效了 |
[28:57] | Ugh, so gross. | 好恶心 |
[28:59] | Okay, uh, so she stopped moving | 她就在这片水下的某处 |
[29:01] | somewhere underwater around here. | 停止移动了 |
[29:04] | So, once she vomits, the tin will float to the surface, | 一旦她吐了 罐子就会浮到水面 |
[29:07] | so keep an eye out. | 所以要注意观察 |
[29:14] | There it is. | 在那 |
[29:15] | Okay, grab the net. | 拿上网 |
[29:20] | Hold on. | 坐稳了 |
[29:23] | Take it easy, Walter. Go slow. | 放松 沃特 慢点 |
[29:25] | We have to hurry. | 我们得快点 |
[29:26] | We only have four minutes to release the mosquitoes. | 我们只有四分钟的时间放蚊子 |
[29:34] | Paige! | 佩吉 |
[29:38] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[29:39] | The-the boat must’ve hit a tree stump. | 船可能撞上树桩了 |
[29:40] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[29:41] | Yeah. There’s the tin. I’ll get it. | 没事 罐子在那 我去拿 |
[29:44] | You get the boat off the stump. | 你把船从树桩那移开 |
[29:47] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:49] | Okay. | 没事 |
[29:51] | Okay, I got it. | 没问题 我拿到了 |
[29:52] | Okay, great work, Paige. | 干得漂亮 佩吉 |
[29:53] | Yeah, I got the boat free. | 我弄好了船 |
[30:03] | Paige. | 佩吉 |
[30:05] | The alligator is right behind you. | 鳄鱼就在你身后 |
[30:20] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[30:29] | Oh. What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[30:32] | I’ve got three minutes | 只剩三分钟时间 |
[30:32] | before the mosquitoes are useless, | 蚊子就要没用了 |
[30:34] | but if I move, Yvonne’s gonna freaking eat me. | 但如果我动了 伊冯就会咬死我 |
[30:36] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[30:37] | The alligator’s attracted to splashing | 鳄鱼会被水声 |
[30:38] | or any vibrations in the water. | 或是水中的任何震动所吸引 |
[30:41] | Get me the hell out of here. | 快帮我离开 |
[30:44] | Walt. | 沃特 |
[30:45] | The fanboat probably has a 500-horsepower engine, | 小船的发动机有500马力 |
[30:48] | topping off at 45 to 50 miles per hour. | 最快可以开70到80公里每小时 |
[30:51] | The gator tops off at 20. | 鳄鱼最快的速度为32公里每小时 |
[30:53] | Do you follow? | 你明白吗 |
[30:54] | I do. | 明白了 |
[31:15] | You’re pissing off Yvonne. | 你把伊冯激怒了 |
[31:17] | Hold on, Paige! I’m gonna get you to safety. | 抓紧了 佩吉 我来救你了 |
[31:20] | Happy’s insane. I can’t water-ski barefoot. | 乐乐疯了 我光着脚没法滑水 |
[31:23] | You’re not gonna water-ski. | 你不用滑水 |
[31:24] | He’s gonna drag your ass. | 他会拖走你的 |
[31:31] | I feel alert now. | 我很清醒 |
[31:33] | Just a little bit further. | 再走一会儿就到了 |
[31:35] | Ditterman’s gonna meet us up on the road. Come on. | 迪特曼会在路上和我们会合的 加油 |
[31:37] | Cabe, man, I’m really sorry. | 凯布 很抱歉 |
[31:40] | None of this would’ve happened | 如果我没戴着那串珠子 |
[31:41] | if I wasn’t wearing those stupid beads. | 就不会发生这种事了 |
[31:43] | I just thought, if Happy might be pregnant, | 我只是想着 如果乐乐怀孕了 |
[31:45] | I can have one last hurrah in New Orleans | 我还可以在宝宝出生前 |
[31:46] | before the baby comes, you know? | 在新奥尔良最后痛快玩一把 |
[31:48] | One last time to be wild and crazy | 在做父亲的责任降临前 |
[31:49] | before responsibility sets in. | 最后的野性和疯狂 |
[31:53] | I’d hate for my immaturity to be your downfall. | 我痛恨自己的不成熟给你带来了痛苦 |
[31:59] | That’s it. | 就是这里了 |
[32:00] | Here’s the road. All right, you’re gonna make it, buddy. | 路就在那 你可以的 哥们 |
[32:04] | Move your feet, man. | 动起来 |
[32:05] | You got this. | 你可以的 |
[32:12] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[32:15] | Cabe, Cabe! | 凯布 凯布 |
[32:16] | Come on, man. Wake up. | 快点 醒过来啊 |
[32:18] | Cabe, come on, buddy. Wake up. | 凯布 哥们 醒过来 |
[32:21] | If you die on this trip, | 如果你在这次旅行中死掉了 |
[32:22] | I’ll never be able to enjoy zydeco music ever again. | 我永远也欣赏不来柴迪科舞曲 |
[32:25] | Come on! | 快醒过来 |
[32:29] | Oh, Ditterman! | 迪特曼 |
[32:30] | Hey! Over here! | 我们在这 |
[32:34] | I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[32:44] | It’s not working. You sure you grabbed the right syringe? | 没用啊 你确定你拿对了吗 |
[32:46] | It’s the antivenin. I just may have injected him too late. | 是抗毒血清 可能太晚了 |
[32:51] | Wake up, Cabe, come on. | 醒醒 凯布 |
[32:59] | Zydeco music sucks. | 柴迪科舞曲糟透了 |
[33:05] | You know, that really is a quality rug you got there. | 这顶假发真是不错啊 |
[33:09] | He’s still affected by the drugs. | 他的药劲还没过呢 |
[33:23] | Coming up to the drop spot. | 马上到达释放点了 |
[33:25] | Hurry, we have 12 seconds left! | 快点 只剩12秒了 |
[33:27] | Okay. Let ’em go. | 放吧 |
[33:31] | Got it. | 明白 |
[33:34] | Just in time. | 刚好 |
[33:37] | They’ll mate. | 他们会交配 |
[33:38] | Their offspring will be sterile. | 产出不育的下一代 |
[33:40] | Pandemic officially averted. | 流行病基本就不会发生了 |
[33:43] | Guys, I just heard from Toby. Cabe is okay. | 我刚收到托比的消息 凯布没事了 |
[33:45] | Oh, thank God. Can we please just go home? | 谢天谢地 我们可以回家吗 |
[33:47] | Yeah. Oh. | 没错 |
[33:50] | Besides, we should get back to L.A. Soon. | 我们应该赶紧回洛杉矶了 |
[33:51] | You don’t want to miss that lecture tonight. | 今晚的讲座可是不容错过 |
[33:53] | Oh, no… wouldn’t want to miss that. | 好吧 不容错过 |
[34:09] | Our bikes… | 我们的自行车 |
[34:11] | Who did this to us? | 是谁干的 |
[34:15] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[34:25] | Did you do this? | 是你干的吗 |
[34:26] | I gave the mean girls a taste of their own medicine. | 我这是以其人之道还治其人之身 |
[34:31] | By vandalizing their bikes? | 就靠破坏她们的自行车吗 |
[34:33] | I just locked them up. | 我只是把它们锁起来了 |
[34:34] | There’s 20 locks over there, Ralph. | 那有20把锁 拉尔夫 |
[34:35] | That’s over two million potential combinations to comb through. | 有超过两百万种可能的组合 |
[34:38] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[34:39] | I came here to use diplomacy, | 我来这是想友好地 |
[34:41] | to talk to Patty’s principal or her guidance counselor. | 和帕蒂的校长或辅导员沟通的 |
[34:44] | How’d that work out for you? | 效果如何呢 |
[34:50] | His mom is gonna kill him. | 他妈妈一定会杀了他的 |
[34:52] | What were you thinking? | 你想什么呢 |
[34:54] | That those girls were cruel | 那些女孩很坏 |
[34:55] | and they did a bad thing. | 她们做错事了 |
[34:56] | And now you’ve done a bad thing. | 现在你也做了同样不好的事 |
[34:58] | You can’t respond to bullying with more bullying. | 你不能以暴制暴 |
[35:00] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[35:01] | In physics, two negatives often equal a positive. | 物理上说 负负得正 |
[35:03] | This isn’t physics. | 这和物理不一样 |
[35:04] | And don’t try to outsmart the situation. | 这不是需要靠智慧取胜的事 |
[35:06] | Stupid behavior plus stupid behavior | 愚蠢的行为加上愚蠢的行为 |
[35:08] | just leads to more stupidity. | 只会得到更多的愚蠢行为 |
[35:09] | But, Mom… | 可是妈妈 |
[35:10] | Quiet. Let me ask you a question. | 别说话 我来问你一个问题 |
[35:12] | Do you think those girls will be nicer to Patty now? | 你觉得那些女孩会对帕蒂更好 |
[35:14] | Or do you think that they’ll dislike her more? | 还是会更加讨厌她 |
[35:17] | Did you help the problem or exacerbate it? | 你帮忙解决了问题 还是让问题加剧了 |
[35:22] | Over 200 IQ and you need me to figure it out for you. | 你有超过200的智商 却要我来帮你搞清楚这些 |
[35:26] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:29] | You’re gonna pay for any damage | 如果这些车有任何损坏 |
[35:30] | that may have happened to those bikes. | 你都要赔偿损失 |
[35:31] | You’re gonna apologize to those girls, | 你要去给那些女孩道歉 |
[35:33] | and you’re gonna take whatever punishment the principal thinks is right. | 并且接受校长对你的惩罚 |
[35:37] | In Ralph’s defense, the principal is a tool. | 我替拉尔夫说句话 校长就是个混蛋 |
[35:40] | Eavesdropper. | 你偷听别人说话 |
[35:52] | Ralph. | 拉尔夫 |
[35:53] | You’re a good kid. | 你是一个好孩子 |
[35:55] | Your heart was in the right place. | 你的心地善良 |
[35:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:59] | But… your head was up your butt. | 但你想的太简单了 |
[36:04] | Thank you for what you did today. | 感谢你今天所做的一切 |
[36:07] | Principal Carlisle removed my tardy. | 卡莱尔校长移除了我的迟到记录 |
[36:09] | She did? | 是吗 |
[36:10] | Yes. On the condition that you never visit her office again. | 是的 前提是你再也不去她办公室 |
[36:14] | Done and done. | 搞定 |
[36:16] | Heard some kids messed with the queen bee’s bikes. | 听说有孩子搞坏了女王蜂的车 |
[36:18] | It wasn’t me, just so you know. I don’t know who did it. | 不是我 我不知道是谁干的 |
[36:21] | Well, when you’re mean, you make enemies. | 对人不好就容易树敌 |
[36:24] | Not saying it was right, though. | 不过我并不是说这样是对的 |
[36:28] | Can I tell you something? | 我能告诉你一件事吗 |
[36:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[36:32] | Thing is, if I’m being honest, | 老实说 |
[36:34] | I don’t have a lot of friends. | 我没有多少朋友 |
[36:36] | I’m aware that my personality is a bit intense | 我知道我的个性有些强势 |
[36:39] | and different than the other kids. | 跟其他的孩子不同 |
[36:41] | – I’m sure you have plenty of… – I don’t. | -我想你肯定有很多… -我没有 |
[36:43] | But what I’m trying to say is, | 但我想说的是 |
[36:46] | I’m thankful that you’re one of them. | 我很感激你做我的朋友 |
[36:50] | Patty, you have loads of friends. | 帕蒂 你有很多朋友 |
[36:53] | Ralph, Paige, | 拉尔夫 佩吉 |
[36:54] | Walter, Toby, the entire team. | 沃特 托比 整个团队都是 |
[36:55] | And that puts you | 我在你这个年纪时 |
[36:57] | way ahead of where I was at your age. | 比你差远了 |
[37:00] | You had a tough time in high school? | 你高中时也过得很艰难吗 |
[37:03] | The toughest. | 最艰难的时光 |
[37:05] | So it gets better? | 所以一切都会变好是吗 |
[37:07] | It gets so much better. | 好太多 |
[37:09] | Patty, you’re gonna go on to do great things. | 帕蒂 你会继续做很多伟大的事情 |
[37:11] | You’re already on your way. | 你已经在路上了 |
[37:13] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[37:15] | I wouldn’t lie to my friend. | 我不会对朋友撒谎 |
[37:29] | That stings. | 好疼 |
[37:30] | Stop squirming. | 别乱动 |
[37:31] | I think every pricker bush in those woods | 丛林里的每一根树枝 |
[37:33] | took a bit out of me today. | 都扎了我 |
[37:35] | So I thought you were gonna stay down there a bit longer, | 我以为你会在那里多待一会儿 |
[37:37] | get your party on in the bayou. | 在河口继续狂欢 |
[37:40] | No, I had a realization today. | 不 我今天明白了一件事 |
[37:41] | I, I realized that I don’t want to be the guy | 我意识到自己不想 |
[37:44] | that wakes up shirtless in a parked streetcar anymore. | 每天早上在一辆电车上光着身子醒来 |
[37:47] | Metaphorically speaking? | 你是在打比方吗 |
[37:49] | Yeah… | 是 |
[37:52] | I just… Having a baby does not make you a man. | 我… 有了孩子并不会让你成熟 |
[37:54] | Taking care of a baby makes you a man. | 照顾孩子才会 |
[37:56] | And I could barely care for Cabe today, | 而我今天都无法照顾好凯布 |
[37:59] | and the guy’s almost 60. | 他都快60岁了 |
[38:02] | He almost drowned in quicksand today because of me. | 今天 他因为我差点陷入流沙 |
[38:05] | I got to… | 我必须… |
[38:06] | I got to stop with the childish antics | 我必须停止现在幼稚可笑的行为 |
[38:09] | and prepare to properly take care of our future child. | 为照顾我们将来的孩子做好准备 |
[38:13] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[38:15] | I had an eye-opening day myself. | 我今天也是大开眼界 |
[38:17] | I thought I’d be okay staying back, | 我以为自己可以退居幕后 |
[38:19] | quarterbacking from the garage, | 在车库中远程协助 |
[38:21] | but I went a little crazy. | 但我有点疯狂 |
[38:23] | I like getting my hands dirty, | 我喜欢亲手去干活 |
[38:25] | being in control. | 掌控事情 |
[38:26] | But having a baby means | 但有了孩子就意味着 |
[38:28] | a lot of things will be out of my control. | 很多事将不受我的控制 |
[38:31] | That is a hard adjustment to make, | 我需要努力作出调整 这很难 |
[38:33] | and I feel like… | 我感觉 |
[38:35] | I’m losing a bit of my identity. | 我有些失去了自我 |
[38:36] | Yeah. I think we both are. | 对 我觉得我们都是如此 |
[38:41] | I’m gonna have to stop being a man-boy all the time. | 我不会再总是表现得像一个小孩了 |
[38:44] | And you’re gonna have to stop | 你也要学会变得 |
[38:45] | being a controlasaurus all the time. | 不那么像控制狂 |
[38:49] | That might be a good thing, you know? | 这也许是好事 知道吗 |
[38:50] | There’s a lot of changes coming our way. | 我们会经历很多改变 |
[38:53] | We got to make some changes, too. | 也必须做出一些改变 |
[39:01] | Now stop squirming. | 别乱动 |
[39:05] | Okay, Sly’s gonna take you home. | 好 希尔送你回家 |
[39:07] | I get to go to a stimulating lecture | 我要去参加一场关于重环因素 |
[39:09] | on major loop deterrence? | 刺激讲座 |
[39:11] | “Trigger Loop as a Major Determinant | “启动环作为转录精确性的 |
[39:12] | of Transcriptional Fidelity.” | 重要决定因素” |
[39:14] | That doesn’t sound so bad. | 听起来不赖 |
[39:15] | Oh, I’d rather be at the swamp with the alligators. | 我宁愿和鳄鱼一起待在沼泽里 |
[39:21] | Uh, Paige, uh, bad news. | 佩吉 坏消息 |
[39:23] | The lecture was canceled. | 讲座取消了 |
[39:24] | There’s not as much interest in the topic as they thought. | 观众对这个话题的兴趣与他们的预期相差甚远 |
[39:27] | Really? That’s surprising. | 真的吗 真是没想到 |
[39:30] | Yeah. It is. Uh… but it’s probably a good thing, right? | 是 但这也许是件好事 对吗 |
[39:34] | You must be tired after today. | 你今天一定累了 |
[39:36] | This way you can go home with Ralph and rest. | 这样你就可以跟拉尔夫一起回去休息了 |
[39:38] | Yeah, that’s too bad, but I’m actually pretty spent. | 太糟糕了 但我确实精疲力尽了 |
[39:42] | Being dragged through the swamp is draining, | 在沼泽里被船拖着走很耗费体力 |
[39:44] | so it’s probably for the best. | 所以也许这样最好 |
[39:47] | Okay, well, get some rest. | 好吧 好好休息 |
[39:49] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[39:51] | Tomorrow it is. | 明天见 |
[39:52] | Okay, Ralph, let’s go. | 好 拉尔夫 咱们走 |
[40:03] | Oh, hey, guys. | 二位 |
[40:05] | Have plans tonight? | 晚上有活动吗 |
[40:06] | Uh, staying in, taking it easy. | 在家休息放松 |
[40:07] | Order some pizza. | 点个披萨 |
[40:08] | Okay, well, enjoy your pizza. | 好的 好好享受披萨 |
[40:10] | Uh, I’ll see you in the morning. | 明早见 |
[40:12] | Smell you later, 197. | 债见 智商197 |
[40:14] | What happened to losing the man-boy? | 不是说不再幼稚了吗 |
[40:15] | “Smell you later” Is a classic, goes nowhere. | “债见”是一种经典说法 没什么的 |
[40:18] | Do you…? | 你… |
[40:20] | Hey, guys. What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[40:23] | I’m gonna make sure Patty gets home safe, | 我要确保帕蒂安全到家 |
[40:24] | and then I’m gonna go check on Cabe. | 然后我再去看看凯布 |
[40:25] | Okay. Have a good night. | 好 晚安 |
[40:28] | – See you later, Walter. – Bye, Walt. | -再见 沃特 -再见 沃特 |
[40:42] | 今晚怀特布里教授的讲座 我多了一张票 有兴趣吗 | |
[40:54] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[41:04] | I’m glad you could make it. | 很高兴你来了 |
[41:05] | I thought this topic might be of interest to you. | 我觉得你可能对这个话题感兴趣 |
[41:07] | I’m sorry it was such short notice. | 抱歉临时通知你 |
[41:10] | Are you kidding me? | 开玩笑 |
[41:10] | This lecture has been sold out for months. | 这个讲座的票几个月前就卖光了 |
[41:14] | I’m psyched. | 我很高兴 |
[41:14] | Wonderful. Well, let’s go have a stimulating evening. | 太好了 我们一起开始刺激的一晚吧 |