时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Here’s the deal: a month ago Turk and Elliot wrote a paper | 是这样 一个月前Turk和Elliot写了篇关于 |
[00:06] | on peripheral vascular disease. | 外周血管疾病的论文 |
[00:07] | They’re upset because they have to present it at a big medical conference. | 现在要去一个大型医学交流会作报告 他们却不高兴了 |
[00:11] | Do you know how many interns would die to do something like that? | 你知道有多少实习生死都想去上那地方吗 |
[00:13] | Not me, cause I don’t really care about this kind stuff. | 我不算 因为我不在乎这类事儿 |
[00:15] | Besides I know in my heart my paper was a trillion times better. | 而且在我心里 我的论文比他们的好上亿倍 |
[00:18] | Any way, It’s so political. I mean surprise, surprise! | 反正真是太功利了 但也不奇怪 |
[00:21] | They went with the black guy and the girl. | 总是选择黑人和女人 |
[00:22] | – Bambi. – What? | – 斑比 – 咋啦 |
[00:24] | Come on. What right do they have to be so damn mopey? | 他们有什么可不高兴的 |
[00:27] | That’s when Elliot said something that explained everything. | 这时候Elliot说了一句话 我才明白 |
[00:30] | Our parents are coming. | 我们的父母要来 |
[00:33] | Oh, I am so sorry. | 哦 我实在是抱歉 |
[00:35] | I could tell my friends were pretty upset. | 我能看出来他俩都很不开心 |
[00:37] | – Still, there was a bright side. – It’s all right. | – 但还是有好的一面的 – 没关系的 |
[00:40] | I knew I could make it worse. | 我知道我能让事情变得更糟 |
[00:42] | – Missed a spot! – You could help! | – 你漏了一块 – 你应该帮我 |
[00:44] | – You can’t even hear the TV! – I like the pictures. | – 你都听不见电视 – 我喜欢看画面 |
[00:47] | If I believed in karma, | 我要是相信报应的话 |
[00:48] | I’d be a little more cautious about giving these guys a hard time. | 挤兑他俩的时候就应该谨慎点 |
[00:51] | Hey, Dad. No, no, nothing. | 嗨 老爸 不不 没事儿 |
[00:54] | Turk and Elliot are | Turk和Elliot正在抓狂 |
[00:55] | freaking out because their parents are coming to visit. | 因为他们父母要来了 |
[00:58] | But karma doesn’t scare me. | 我一点都不害怕报应 |
[00:59] | No. no no no. It hasn’t been that long since you and I saw each other. | 不不不 离咱俩上次见面没那么久 |
[01:03] | – Dad? – Hey, Mr Dorian. | – 老爸 – 嗨 Dorian先生 |
[01:05] | Hey, boys, what’s shakin’? | 嗨 孩子们好 最近咋样 |
[01:07] | – Who needs a beer? – Who doesn’t? | – 有人要啤酒吗 – 还有人不想要啤酒吗 |
[01:10] | You see, JD, this is what goes around. | JD 看好了 这边是善有善报 |
[01:12] | But this right here? This is what comes around. | 这边呢 就是你的恶有恶报 |
[01:15] | – Get out of here. – There’s only two left. | – 一边去 – 只剩两瓶了 |
[01:16] | – That’s all right. JD’ll go out. – Oh, get some chips. | – 没事儿 JD去买 – 再买点薯片 |
[01:38] | Wowser, Rowdy’s a boy dog. | 哇 Rowdy是公的呀 |
[01:40] | My mom and dad got divorced when I was seven. | 我父母在我七岁时离婚了 |
[01:43] | I know that’s not so unusual, but even though everybody’s relationship | 这不罕见 但虽然每个人跟父亲的关系 |
[01:46] | with their father is different, | 都是不同的 |
[01:48] | mine has always seemed very different. | 我俩的关系却是 非常的不同 |
[01:50] | God, I’d like to take a run at her. Would you look at that rack. | 上帝啊 真想和她来一发 快看她那美臀啊 |
[01:54] | – Dad, please. – I’m sorry, Johnny. I’m just a man. | – 爸 别这样 – 抱歉 Johnny 但我是男人啊 |
[01:57] | – You know what they say about men. – They love the boobies. | – 你知道男人的共同点吗 – 都爱女人的胸 |
[02:00] | That is correct, Christopher. | 回答正确 Christopher |
[02:02] | OK, you know, I think I’m gonna hit the sack | 我还是先去睡觉吧 |
[02:04] | before I get even more uncomfortable. | 省得一会更难堪 |
[02:07] | Your know your mother had a beautiful bosom. | 你妈妈有一对美胸 |
[02:09] | – There it is. – Would you stay? | – 这就开始了 – 能留下来吗 |
[02:11] | We’ve got a lot of catching up to do. Please. | 我们有好多话要说呢 好吗 |
[02:13] | Ok. | 好 |
[02:16] | You guys have a policy on farting? | 你们规定不能放屁了吗 |
[02:18] | No, let ‘er rip. | 没有 尽情释放吧 |
[02:20] | Fire in the hole. | 要放啦 |
[02:23] | Oh, my God, Dad. | 我的天哪 老爸 |
[02:24] | Count it! | 真棒 |
[02:27] | That was a nice moment. | 刚才真温馨 |
[02:32] | I guess everyone’s parents drive them crazy. | 可能父母都会让自己的孩子抓狂 |
[02:34] | So this is my hospital. | 这就是我工作的地儿 |
[02:37] | It’s stunning. | 真不错哈 |
[02:41] | Honey, is there a rule against looking pretty here? | 亲爱的 这里规定了你不能弄漂亮点吗 |
[02:44] | Nothing official. | 没有明文规定哈 |
[02:47] | I just think you would look so much more handsome in blue scrubs. | 我就是觉得你穿蓝色的手术服更帅 |
[02:51] | Thank you, Mommy, | 谢谢妈咪 |
[02:52] | but I really like my green scrubs better. | 我还是更喜欢绿色的 |
[02:55] | Parents have a way of making their children regress. | 父母都有让孩子退化的能力 |
[02:58] | I don’t want to wear blue scrubs! | 我不想穿蓝色的 |
[03:01] | Come on. Boy, you better watch your manners. | 快走 你最好给我规矩点 |
[03:04] | Come on, now. | 快点 |
[03:06] | You can’t have one, sweetheart. Perms are for trailer trash. | 亲爱的 你不能烫卷发 那是给住拖车的人渣准备的 |
[03:10] | What in the hell is this, parents’ weekend? | 这他妈是啥 父母参观周吗 |
[03:13] | Sort of. Elliot and Turk wrote this paper, | 差不多 Elliot和Turk写了好论文 |
[03:16] | then my dad decided ”I wanna come too,” so… | 然后我爸说那我也来凑热闹吧 所以 |
[03:18] | Look, Reba, if I ask you a question | 听着 如果我问了你一个问题 |
[03:21] | that doesn’t specifically deal with a medical issue, | 跟医学研究没关系 |
[03:24] | you can bet your powdered bottom I don’t want you to answer. | 赌上你的粉嫩屁股吧 我不需要你回答 |
[03:27] | – Do you understand? – Yeah. | – 明白了吗 – 明白了 |
[03:29] | It’s like working with a monkey. | 感觉像跟猴子工作 |
[03:36] | – What? – Nothing. | – 干啥 – 没事 |
[03:38] | Why didn’t you introduce me to your mother this morning? | 早晨你怎么没把我介绍给你妈 |
[03:40] | Because she just came by to | 她是来打个招呼 |
[03:42] | say ”hey” before she checked into her hotel. | 然后就去宾馆了 |
[03:44] | Besides she’s coming back later to look around. | 再说了 她一会还回来呢 |
[03:46] | OK. I was worried you thought she might not like me. | 好吧 我是担心你觉得她可能不喜欢我 |
[03:49] | She’s not gonna like you. Baby, look. | 她一定不喜欢你 听着 宝贝 |
[03:52] | My mother’s never even called any girl I’ve been with by her actual name. | 我妈从来没叫过我女朋友的真实姓名 |
[03:56] | She called my college girlfriend The Big Easy. | 她叫我大学时的女友”大公交车” |
[03:58] | Well, was she fat and slutty? | 她是不是又胖又随便 |
[04:01] | She had beautiful skin. | 她有丝滑般的肌肤 |
[04:03] | Don’t smile, woman. She did. | 别笑我 那是真的 |
[04:05] | Just beautiful. | 丝滑般感受 |
[04:07] | So, what do you guys think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[04:09] | I think it’s time to get back to the suite and get me in a bath. | 我觉得该回套房泡个热水澡了 |
[04:13] | This place makes me feel dirty. | 这地方让我觉得自己好脏 |
[04:15] | Dr Kelso? Dr Kelso, these are my parents. | Kelso医生 这是我的父母 |
[04:19] | Ah, well! | 好吧 |
[04:21] | It’s always a pleasure to meet the trees from which our little acorns fall | 能见到落下小橡果的老橡树也挺好的 |
[04:25] | – Bob Kelso. – Simon Reid. | – 我是Bob Kelso – Simon Reid |
[04:27] | I’m chief of medicine at St Augustine’s. | 我是圣奥古斯丁的内科主任 |
[04:29] | It’s a private hospital in Greenwich. | 那是格林威治的一家私人医院 |
[04:32] | I know what you’re thinking. You didn’t ask. | 我知道你想什么呢 你没有问 |
[04:35] | Nobody ever does. | 没人问过 |
[04:38] | So, how long are you guys staying? | 你们要呆多久 |
[04:44] | Can I help you, sir? | 需要我帮忙吗 先生 |
[04:46] | – Sir? – You can help me | – 先生 – 你能帮我 |
[04:49] | by minding your own damn business. | 如果你他妈能别管闲事的话 |
[04:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[04:54] | Oh, aggressive, huh? | 吼 还挑衅 是吧 |
[04:57] | Do you really want to get it on with me, pipsqueak? | 你想挑战我吗 小不点 |
[05:00] | Because if you do, I guarantee | 要真想 我可发誓 |
[05:02] | it’ll be the last stupid thing you ever do on God’s green earth. | 那将是你在绿色星球上做的最后一件蠢事 |
[05:08] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:09] | What the hell was that all about? | 刚才那都是什么 |
[05:14] | Dad. Don’t wander off like that. | 爸爸 别乱走 |
[05:18] | This is your basic arthrocentesis there. | 关节穿刺就是这么个过程 |
[05:21] | Newbe your resident should’ve shown you how to do this a long time ago. | 你的住院医师早就教过你了吧 |
[05:24] | He can’t be that mad. | 他不可能那么生气吧 |
[05:25] | We both know even though residents are supposed to teach you, | 谁都知道医师确实应该教我们 |
[05:28] | they only show up when they want something. | 但他们只在要你帮忙时才出现 |
[05:30] | I have to give the students a lecture on heart murmurs. | 我有个关于心脏杂音的课要上 |
[05:33] | – Could you cover it for me? – Actually… | – 你能替我一下吗 – 其实我 |
[05:35] | Thanks, man. | 伙计 谢啦 |
[05:38] | That sucks. | 真糟糕 |
[05:40] | I totally wanted to spend some time with my dad tomorrow. | 明天我还想陪我爸呢 |
[05:43] | Then take him. | 那就带着他 |
[05:45] | – What do you mean? – I don’t know? | – 什么意思 – 好吧 |
[05:47] | Secure some kind of vehicle, car, balloon, tricycle, | 用小轿车 热气球 三轮车啥的 |
[05:50] | and transport your father from where he is to where you’re going. | 把你爸从他呆着的地方 运到你要去的地方 |
[05:53] | I don’t think you get my dad. | 您不了解我爸 |
[05:55] | He’s not interested in my work. He’s more of like a buddy. | 他不关心我的工作 他更像个伙伴 |
[05:58] | OK. That was my mistake. | 好 刚才是我错了 |
[06:01] | Here, I engaged you and gave you the impression that I actually care | 给你留下了我很关心的错误印象 |
[06:05] | which is just so wrong! God! | 真是大错特错 上帝啊 |
[06:08] | The thing is, I don’t really need a buddy. | 我其实不需要一个伙伴 |
[06:10] | What I need is a father. | 我需要一个父亲 |
[06:12] | You definitely need something. | 你确实需要点东西 |
[06:14] | Maybe a backbone. Or perhaps some testicles. | 可能是一根脊梁骨 或者是睾丸 |
[06:17] | At the very least, a pillow | 或者至少带个枕头 |
[06:19] | that you could carry around the hospital | 那样一旦有什么悲剧发生 |
[06:21] | and just cry your sad eyes out into whenever trauma… | 你可以埋头哭死过去 |
[06:26] | I have testicles. | 我有睾丸的 |
[06:28] | He’s a kidder. | 他搞笑呢 |
[06:32] | All right, this is it. | 好吧 她来了 |
[06:33] | You just brace yourself and let me handle this all nice and smooth. | 你好好呆着 我来处理 |
[06:36] | All right? Hey, Mom, guess what. | 嗨 妈 你猜怎么着 |
[06:39] | Hi, Mrs Turk, I’m gonna cut to the chase. | 嗨 Turk夫人 我就直说了 |
[06:42] | I’m Carla. I apologise if your son hasn’t told you about me yet. | 我是Carla 很抱歉如果你儿子没提起过我 |
[06:45] | I don’t know how you’ve put up with him as long as you did. | 我不知道你是怎么忍了他那么久的 |
[06:48] | Still, you should know he loves me very much, | 但是你应该知道 他很爱我 |
[06:50] | I feel the same and we’re really really good together. | 我也一样 我们在一起很美好 |
[06:53] | – Are you two sharing a bed? – No! | – 你俩睡一张床吗 – 不 |
[06:55] | Yes, ma’am, we are. | 是的 夫人 我们睡一起 |
[06:57] | But if you’re a good judge of character, | 你要是很会看人的话 |
[06:58] | I think you can tell I’m not messing around. | 应该知道我没在玩弄他的感情 |
[07:01] | – Carla. It’s a nice name. – Thank you. | – Carla 名字真好听 – 谢谢 |
[07:05] | – Yes, it is, Mother. – Oh, please. Not telling me about her. | – 是啊 妈妈 真好听 – 算了吧 你都不告诉我 |
[07:08] | Dear, do me a favour. Don’t give him any for a month or so. | 亲爱的 听我的 这个月都不要跟他滚床单 |
[07:11] | – Done. – It can’t go down like that. | – 没问题 – 你们不能这样对我啊 |
[07:14] | It just can’t go down like that. | 你们不能这个样子啊 |
[07:17] | After you, sir. | 先生 您先请 |
[07:19] | Well, I’ll be. | 那我不客气了 |
[07:21] | I haven’t seen a ward like this since Vietnam. | 越战之后再没见过这样的病房 |
[07:23] | So where in Connecticut was your National Guard unit stationed? | 你们那国民警卫队安札在康涅狄格州的什么地方了 |
[07:27] | – Amusing. – I thought so. | – 你真逗 – 我是挺有意思的 |
[07:29] | I think they’re totally getting along, don’t you? | 我觉得他们相处得挺好 你说呢 |
[07:33] | I’m about to open a fat can of whup-ass on you. | 我可要对你不客气了 |
[07:37] | Bring it on, bitch. | 动手吧 婊子 |
[07:40] | All right, sports fans, we have a guest today at rounds, | 好啦 伙计们 今天有客人来参观 |
[07:45] | so let’s try and be sharp. | 大家都好好表现吧 |
[07:47] | Why don’t we begin with, | 先从谁开始呢 |
[07:49] | I don’t know, Dr Reid. | 那就Reid医生吧 |
[07:51] | What is the nutritional cause of high output cardiac failure? | 造成高输出量心力衰竭的营养原因是什么 |
[07:55] | Wet beriberi from thiamine deficiency. | 维生素B缺乏造成的湿性脚气 |
[07:57] | Yes, it is. Next question. | 答对了 下一个问题 |
[08:00] | Why don’t we try… | 这回找谁呢 |
[08:05] | …Dr Reid. | Reid医生 |
[08:07] | I already went, sir. | 我呃 我回答过了 |
[08:09] | – Oh, are you done for the day? – No. | – 你今天都结束了是吗 – 不 |
[08:13] | What’s the mechanism of | 收缩功能障碍时 |
[08:14] | Cheyne-Stokes respiration in systolic dysfunction? | 潮式呼吸的机理是什么 |
[08:17] | What? Nobody knows that. | 什么 没人知道这问题 |
[08:19] | Prolongation of circulation time from lung to brain | 肺到大脑循环的延长 |
[08:21] | causing diminished sensitivity of the respiratory centre | 造成呼吸中枢对动脉二氧化碳的 |
[08:24] | to arterial partial pressure of carbon dioxide? | 分压敏感度下降 |
[08:26] | Yes. | 对了 |
[08:34] | Can you believe my dad winked at me! | 你看见我爸对我眨眼睛了吗 |
[08:37] | If that’s not saying, ”I love you, I’m proud of you,” | 如果那不是在说 我爱你 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:39] | – I’m not really sure what it is. – I know! | – 我都不知道那应该是什么了 – 对吧 |
[08:41] | There are no gratuitous winks in the Reid household. | 我们Reid家可没有平白无故的眨眼的 |
[08:45] | And that’s when I decided to take a chance. | 就是那个时候 我决定试一把 |
[08:47] | Are you kidding? I’d love to come to your heart murmur lecture. | 你开什么玩笑 我非常想去你的心脏杂音演讲 |
[08:50] | I’m a big fan of those things. | 我可喜欢你那些玩意儿啦 |
[08:52] | That means a lot, Dad. | 爸爸 那对我来说意义重大 |
[08:54] | Absolutely. Please. | 拜托 |
[08:56] | Oh, dear Lord, please make it stop. | 我亲爱的上帝啊 快停下来吧 |
[09:00] | – It’s absolutely stunning. – Thank you. | – 真是太漂亮了 – 谢谢你 |
[09:02] | – And I understand that you… – I make these. | – 而且我喜欢你的 – 是我自己做的 |
[09:05] | Like two wolves gabbing about which sheep to eat. | 就像是两只狼商量要吃哪一只羊 |
[09:08] | Unfortunately for them, I’m a man. | 她们打错算盘了 我可是个狠角色 |
[09:12] | – Turk. – Coming. | – Turk – 来了 |
[09:15] | – Thanks. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[09:17] | Hi, Mrs Turk. | 嗨 Turk夫人 |
[09:19] | John Dorian, get over here. | John Dorian 快过来 |
[09:24] | After all these years, are you still afraid of me? | 这么多年了 你还害怕我吗 |
[09:27] | Remember on Thanksgiving when I said your turkey was dry, | 还记得感恩节时 我说你做的火鸡太干了 |
[09:29] | and you picked me up and shook me. | 你把我拎起来 使劲摇 |
[09:31] | – Then don’t say that. – Silly Bambi. | – 那就别那样说我 – 笨笨的斑比 |
[09:33] | You guys, leave him alone. | 你俩够了吧 别那么对他 |
[09:35] | I’ve had enough of you two conspiring and whatnot. It ends now! | 我受够你俩合伙欺负人了 给我停下来 |
[09:39] | It is so cute when he thinks he’s in charge. | 他以为自己在掌权的时候真可爱啊 |
[09:42] | – I know. It kills me. – And that’s when it happened. | – 对啊 乐死我了 – 就在这时 她发现了 |
[09:45] | You should see him when I pretend to let him…make a decision! | 我假装让他做决定的时候 你应该看看他的表情 |
[09:51] | That’s when Carla realised she was exactly like Turk’s mom. | 就在这时 Carla意识到 她跟Turk的妈妈一模一样 |
[10:02] | Great job at rounds today, Dr Reid. | Reid医生 今天表现不错 |
[10:04] | – Thank you, sir. – Your dad must’ve been very impressed. | – 谢谢 先生 – 一定给你爸爸留下了深刻印象吧 |
[10:07] | Yeah, I think so. | 我觉得是的 |
[10:09] | I could tell that he really respected you, sir. | 我能看出来他非常尊敬您 先生 |
[10:11] | Well, that’s very nice, but lucky for me, | 那挺好 但是幸运的是呢 |
[10:13] | my self-esteem isn’t tied up in that kind of poppycock. | 我的自尊心从来不取决于那样的胡话 |
[10:17] | I didn’t become a doctor to impress my daddy or anyone else. | 我不是为了取悦爸爸或者谁才当的医生 |
[10:20] | I did it for me. | 我是为了我自己 |
[10:22] | I’ve seen lots of doctors who got into this for the wrong reason. | 为了错误的原因当了医生的人 我见得多了 |
[10:25] | – You know what happens to them? – No. | – 你知道他们怎么样了吗 – 不知道 |
[10:28] | They quit and get their real estate licence. | 都辞职去卖房子了 |
[10:32] | You look upset, sweetheart. | 你看起来不太开心 亲爱的 |
[10:34] | You shouldn’t be. | 你不应该啊 |
[10:36] | I think you’d look super in a gold blazer. | 我觉得你穿金色的夹克会很漂亮 |
[10:38] | Thank you? | 我要谢谢你吗 |
[10:42] | This is almost too easy. | 真是好骗 |
[10:47] | Well, work is great, Johnny. | Johnny你的工作做得真好 |
[10:49] | I like to believe that I’m selling dreams. | 我相信我是个贩卖梦想的人 |
[10:52] | – But, Dad, you sell office supplies. | – 但是 老爸 你是卖办公用品的 |
[10:54] | – Yeah, I prefer to call them dreams. | – 是 但我更喜欢叫他们梦想 |
[10:56] | I’m gonna steal another Jell-O. | 我要去再偷一个果冻 |
[11:00] | I always thought parents were like tornadoes. | 我总觉得父母像龙卷风 |
[11:03] | They blow into town and devastate everything in their path. | 他们突然刮进城 摧毁了经过的一切 |
[11:07] | – Hi. – There’s no food on your tray. | – 嗨 – 你盘子里没有吃的啊 |
[11:11] | Oh. | 哦 |
[11:12] | But it’s different for me. | 但对我来说不一样 |
[11:16] | How you doing, Elliot? | Elliot 今天过得怎么样 |
[11:19] | Great talk. Anyway, Johnny, | 对话很愉快 Johnny 是这样 |
[11:23] | I was talking to my buddy, Jake, this afternoon. | 中午我刚跟我一个朋友Jake聊过 |
[11:25] | – You remember my buddy Jake? – No. | – 你还记得Jake吗 – 不记得 |
[11:28] | Jake’s my buddy, and he’s leaving the country | Jake是我哥们 他要出国了 |
[11:31] | for who knows how long. So I thought I might | 也不知道多久 我想呢 |
[11:34] | get out of here tomorrow afternoon and go catch up with him. | 明天中午从你这出发 去找他 |
[11:36] | Which would mean I’d miss your thing, | 所以我要错过你那演讲了 |
[11:38] | but I wouldn’t know what I was hearing anyway. | 反正我也听不懂 |
[11:41] | – Right? – Right. | – 对吧 – 是啊 |
[11:43] | I think what surprised me the most | 我觉得最让我惊讶的 |
[11:45] | is that I was actually surprised. | 是我居然感到惊讶了 |
[11:47] | You still talking to yourself? | 你还在自言自语吗 |
[11:49] | I thought you’d outgrow that by now. | 我以为你长大了就好了呢 |
[11:57] | I probably should’ve woken him up to say goodbye | 也许我应该叫他起来跟他道别 |
[12:00] | considering he’d be gone before I got home. | 因为等一下在我回来之前他就要走了 |
[12:03] | I told myself I wanted to let the old guy get some sleep, | 我对自己说 是想让老人家多睡会 |
[12:06] | but even I didn’t believe that. | 但是我自己都不信 |
[12:13] | honey, you keep eating that, | 亲爱的 你总吃手指的话 |
[12:14] | there won’t be anything left for a man to put a ring on. | 就没地方让男人给你戴婚戒了 |
[12:17] | Mom… | 妈 |
[12:19] | …I started therapy. | 我开始见心理医生了 |
[12:21] | Do you know that Amy Swanson’s marrying Drew Gertson? | 你知道Amy Swanson要嫁给Drew Gertson了吗 |
[12:24] | Drew is such a nice boy. | Drew真是个好男孩 |
[12:26] | Drew used to hold people down and spit in their mouths. | Drew以前压着别人往他们嘴里吐口水 |
[12:29] | He doesn’t do that anymore. | 他现在不那样了 |
[12:31] | Mom, when I was a little girl, did I want to be a doctor? | 妈 我小时候想过当医生吗 |
[12:34] | Maybe I used a toy stethoscope on one of my dolls? | 有用过玩具听诊器给娃娃看病吗 |
[12:37] | Oh, honey, you’d have to ask the nanny. | 亲爱的 你得问保姆去 |
[12:40] | Have you ever reached a point in your life | 你人生中有没有过那种感觉 |
[12:43] | when you really wished you knew how you got there? | 特别想知道自己是怎么走到今天的 |
[12:45] | Are you trying to tell me you’re a lesbian? | 你是想告诉我你是同性恋吗 |
[12:48] | Yes, I am. | 是 我是 |
[12:50] | Yep. | 好吧 |
[12:51] | That’s exactly… exactly what I’m saying, Mom. | 那就是我想告诉你的话 妈 |
[12:57] | Yo, JD. You want to grab a bite to eat with us tonight | 呦 JD 今晚Elliott和我演讲完 |
[13:00] | after Elliot and I do our presentation? | 大家一起吃个饭吗 |
[13:02] | Yeah, I’m not that busy. | 好 我也不忙 |
[13:04] | If you’re not that busy, you have time to do this discharge summary for me. | 你要是不忙 就有时间帮我写出院总结了吧 |
[13:07] | – I meant that later I’m not that busy. – Fantastic. | – 我说的是晚上不忙 – 太好了 |
[13:10] | I told my mom how much you like | 我跟我妈说你有多喜欢 |
[13:11] | that Cuban restaurant downtown. She loves Cuban food… | 市中心那家古巴餐厅 我妈喜欢古巴食品 |
[13:14] | I hate that restaurant. | 我讨厌那家餐厅 |
[13:16] | So I really must misunderstood you when you said you loved it and | 那我理解错了 当你说你喜欢那里 |
[13:17] | wanted to be buried in a vat of platanos | 还想死了以后埋在一桶香蕉里 |
[13:20] | so you could eat your way out. | 这样你就能一路吃出来了 |
[13:21] | See? That’s our problem. You don’t get me. | 发现没 这就是咱俩的问题 你不理解我 |
[13:25] | No argument there. | 还真不理解你 |
[13:29] | Hey, hey, hey! You missed a spot, right there. | 嗨嗨嗨 你落下一点没擦 那里 |
[13:32] | Well, lucky for me, Dad, | 我真走运 老爸 |
[13:33] | I spend my life going in a | 我这辈子都在这医院转着圈 |
[13:34] | big circle around this place cleaning up after the sick people. | 跟在病号后面打扫卫生 |
[13:38] | Tomorrow I’ll probably be here at the same time. | 明天同一个时间 我可能恰好又站在这里 |
[13:40] | You know that I hate sass, so drop right down and give me 20. | 还跟我顶嘴 趴下给我做20个俯卧撑 |
[13:44] | – That could be faecal matter. – Make it 30. | – 刚那可能是排泄物 – 给我做30个 |
[13:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:49] | What is it with parents anyway? | 父母怎么都这样呢 |
[13:51] | Why is it so easy for them to make us feel bad? | 为什么他们轻而易举就能让我们难受 |
[13:54] | – …three… – Sound off like you’ve got a pair! | – 3个 – 用力 有点男人样 |
[13:57] | Dad, I don’t gotta put up with… | 爸 其实我不用忍着 |
[13:58] | You’ve got to at least try and pace yourself. | 你得试试悠着点 |
[14:01] | Otherwise, sure as shooting, you’re gonna burn out. | 不然的话 你肯定要劳累过度了 |
[14:04] | Come. | 跟我来 |
[14:07] | I heard the sad sigh, I see your shoulders are slumped, | 我听到你那悲惨的叹息 也看到你垂肩的颓废样了 |
[14:11] | and I’m aware that you have some whinny ass problem | 我也知道 你有很多唧唧歪歪的难题 |
[14:13] | you want to talk to me about. | 想跟我说说 |
[14:15] | You probably think it’ll be cathartic to get it hell off your chest, | 你可能觉得一吐为快 尽情宣泄有用 |
[14:18] | but believe me, it won’t be. | 相信我 不会的 |
[14:20] | What you’ve got to do, for me, is the healthy thing. | 你要做健康的事 对我来说 |
[14:23] | Keep all of your feelings bottled up inside where they so belong. | 把那些情绪都堆在心里 那是属于它们的地方 |
[14:28] | My dad flaked on me again. | 我爸又放我鸽子了 |
[14:30] | I’m sorry. You’re not on drugs, are you? | 不好意思 你没吃错药吧 |
[14:34] | What? No. | 什么 当然没有 |
[14:35] | Are you in jail? Have you been beaten? Are you malnourished? | 你进监狱了吗 让人揍了吗 你营养不良吗 |
[14:38] | I skipped lunch, but I’ve been snacking. | 我没吃午饭 但是吃了一天零食了 |
[14:40] | You are, in fact, a perfectly healthy 26-year-old doctor | 那你就是一个26岁 非常健康的医生 |
[14:44] | who keeps crying about how horrible his father was. | 不停地抱怨老爸有多糟糕 |
[14:48] | Well, he did some considerable emotional damage, so… | 他的确给我带来了很多感情上的创伤 |
[14:51] | Every one of our parents does considerable emotional damage, | 每个人的父母都会带来巨大的感情创伤 |
[14:54] | and from what I’ve heard, | 而且据我所知 |
[14:56] | it just might be the best part of being a parent. | 那也正是当父母的福利 |
[15:00] | If some guy ever does put a ring on your finger, | 要是有一天你真嫁出去了 |
[15:02] | and you’re lucky enough to pop out a youngster, | 而且还很幸运地有了小孩 |
[15:05] | I’m sure you’ll understand. | 你就懂了 |
[15:06] | But for now, trust me when I tell you that I wouldn’t care | 但是此刻 请相信我 我一点也不关心 |
[15:10] | if today was the first time you ever even met your daddy. | 今天是不是你第一次见到爸爸 |
[15:13] | Because in reality, | 因为事实上 |
[15:17] | well, he could’ve done a much, much worse job. | 他完全可以是个更糟糕的父亲 |
[15:20] | Ok. | 好了 |
[15:23] | All right, look, at the presentation, | 演讲的时候 |
[15:25] | could I do the ending? I really love the end of our paper. | 我能说结束语吗 我特喜欢结尾那部分 |
[15:29] | Do you think that I’m cut out to be a doctor? | 你觉得我是当医生的料吗 |
[15:32] | OK, fine. You can do the ending. | 好吧 你来说结束语 |
[15:34] | I just want to say, ”Thanks, folks. We’ve been great.” | 我只想说 伙计们 谢啦 今天真不错 |
[15:37] | I’m serious. Do you think this is what I really want to do? | 我是认真的 你觉得我真想当个医生吗 |
[15:41] | Elliot, I don’t know. | Elliot 我哪知道 |
[15:43] | You can tell me. I can take it. | 告诉我吧 我接受得了 |
[15:45] | No, I’m saying ”I don’t know” because I really don’t know. | 不 我说不知道是因为我真的不知道 |
[15:48] | What the hell is going on here? | 这都怎么了 |
[15:52] | Why have all women gone crazy? | 为什么女人都疯了 |
[15:56] | I’m not crazy. Am I? | 我没疯吧 是不是 |
[15:58] | No. Shh. | 不会的 嘘 |
[16:00] | It’s OK, Elliot. You’re normal. You’re normal. | 没事的 Elliot 你很正常 很正常 |
[16:04] | – Turk? – He’s not here. | – Turk – 他不在 |
[16:07] | Turk Turk. | |
[16:09] | I do like that Cuban restaurant. | 我确实喜欢那家古巴餐厅 |
[16:12] | I think the important thing is that we got through this together. | 重要的是我们一起经历这一切 |
[16:15] | I’m freaked out because your mom and I have lots in common. | 我那么反常是发现自己跟你妈妈实在太像了 |
[16:19] | – So? – I don’t know. | – 所以呢 – 不知道 |
[16:22] | I got this crazy idea that you only fell for me | 我有个疯狂的想法 你爱上我 |
[16:24] | because I’m just like your mom. | 只是因为我像你妈妈 |
[16:27] | Baby… | 宝贝 |
[16:31] | That’s exactly why I fell for you. | 那正是我爱上你的原因 |
[16:34] | OK. I’ll probably have a friend pick up my stuff. | 我得找个人替我拿走放在你那的东西 |
[16:37] | Wait. Sit down. | 等会 坐过来 |
[16:39] | What’s wrong with wanting someone because they’re smart, independent | 如果有个人很聪明 独立还总是替你着想 |
[16:43] | independent and always looking out for you? | 那爱上她是错的吗 |
[16:48] | Ok? | 好不好 |
[16:49] | Yeah. But if we ever get married, | 好 但如果有一天要结婚了 |
[16:52] | we’ll have to talk about this in therapy. | 我们可得在心理辅导里谈谈这事 |
[16:55] | Relax. I don’t do this with my mama. | 放松 我可不这样对待我妈 |
[17:00] | I hope not. | 我希望你不会 |
[17:03] | – Oh, yeah, Mama. – Oh, that’s just wrong. | – 哦耶 妈妈呀 – 这就不好了 |
[17:06] | Oh, Mama. | 哦我的妈 |
[17:10] | Part of me thought Cox was wrong. | 我不太同意Cox的说法 |
[17:12] | I had every reason to be angry with my father. | 我完全有理由生我爸的气 |
[17:14] | So, how’s it going down there? | 下面那儿咋样了 |
[17:17] | If it’s OK with you, we just won’t talk right now. | 你不介意的话 我们可以不说话 |
[17:20] | Got a needle. Need to focus. | 手里有针 得专心 |
[17:23] | Then I stopped thinking of my dad as a father | 之后我试着将我爸脱离出父亲这个角色 |
[17:25] | and started thinking of him as a man. | 把他当成一个普通男人 |
[17:27] | And I realised some things that deep down I probably always knew. | 然后我意识到了一些一直都知道的事 |
[17:32] | Like, maybe he wasn’t crashing | 他可能不是为了多陪陪我 |
[17:33] | on my couch to spend more quality time with me | 才睡在我的沙发上 |
[17:36] | but because he couldn’t afford a hotel room. | 而是他住不起旅店 |
[17:39] | And maybe he wasn’t going to see his buddy Jake to catch up, | 也可能不是为了去跟Jake叙旧 |
[17:42] | but because Jake was someone he might be able to sell something to, | 而是想卖给他点东西 |
[17:46] | and he really needs a sale. | 他现在很需要卖出去东西 |
[17:48] | Maybe the truth is he’s just a middle-aged, lonely guy | 也许他只是个孤单的中年人 |
[17:51] | struggling to get by, and it sure would be nice | 努力地过日子 |
[17:54] | if someone gave him a break once in a while. | 如果偶尔有人能让他松口气 他会很高兴 |
[17:56] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[17:57] | Hey, there he is. | 嗨 你来了 |
[18:00] | I thought you had to work all day. | 我以为你得工作一整天呢 |
[18:02] | I did, but I got someone to cover for me. | 本来是这样 但是后来找人替我了 |
[18:04] | I wanted to make sure I caught you and let you know | 我想在你走之前赶回来 好能告诉你 |
[18:07] | how cool it was to see you. | 您能过来看我真好 |
[18:09] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[18:12] | Wow, I… | 哇 我 |
[18:15] | Well, listen, I’m, you know, | 好 呃 我呢 你知道的 |
[18:18] | I have to travel a lot lately, so… | 我最近总在旅行 所以呢 |
[18:20] | …l’m sure I’ll be back in this region again soon. | 没多久我还会回这儿来的 |
[18:24] | So I could swing back out and see you. | 我会来转转 看看你的 |
[18:28] | – That’d be great. – Great. | – 那太好了 – 非常好 |
[18:30] | – Great. – Great. I’d be happy to see you. | – 好 – 很好 再见面一定很开心 |
[18:34] | Yeah, we could do that. | 是啊 我们可以再见一面 |
[18:36] | You’ve been taking advantage of the farting policy. | 你一直在乱用我们的放屁规则 |
[18:38] | Hey. Pull my finger. | 嘿 拽我的手指 |
[18:41] | – I’m not gonna pull your finger. – See what happens. | – 我才不拽呢 – 拽一下试试嘛 |
[18:45] | I pooed a little. | 我拉了一点点便便 |
[18:48] | Dr Kelso. | Kelso医生 |
[18:50] | Well, if it isn’t Daddy’s little girl. | 这不是那谁的宝贝女儿嘛 |
[18:52] | I wanted to tell you what happened to me this afternoon. | 我想跟你谈谈中午我意识到了什么 |
[18:54] | I’m going to get ahead and keep eating my soup, | 我要先开始喝我的汤了 |
[18:56] | but you rest assured I’m holding my breath on the inside. | 但你可以放心 我认真听着呢 |
[18:59] | First, I came out to my mother. | 首先 我跟我妈出柜了 |
[19:02] | Well, then, | 好吧 |
[19:03] | it appears the boys in radiology owe me quite a bit of money. | 看来放射科的小子们欠我不少钱了 |
[19:07] | But this afternoon… | 但是今天中午 |
[19:09] | …A patient puked on me. | 一个病人吐我身上了 |
[19:12] | And I smiled. | 我却笑了 |
[19:15] | Do you know why I was smiling? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[19:17] | Because I really like what I do. | 因为我爱我的工作 |
[19:19] | You were right. I got into this for the wrong reasons. | 你是对的 我出于错误的原因当了医生 |
[19:21] | cause now that I’m here, I can’t imagine being anywhere else. | 但是现在我无法想象自己干别的 |
[19:25] | I still don’t like your father. | 我还是不喜欢你父亲 |
[19:27] | Oh, me neither, sir. | 哦 我也不喜欢 先生 |
[19:30] | Oh. They were all out. | 他们过期了 |
[19:36] | Placement of the stent in | 经皮腔内血管成形术中 |
[19:37] | haemodynamic results of PTA are inadequate. | 根据血流动力学放置支架是不恰当的 |
[19:40] | Or primary stent placement at the initial time of PTA… | 或经皮腔内血管形成术初期的主支架置入 |
[19:43] | Maybe the mistake we make is thinking our parents will change. | 我们总误以为父母可以改变 |
[19:46] | And maybe they did a betterjob than we give them credit for. | 但可能他们做得比我们以为的要好 |
[19:49] | Maybe there, amid all the crap they dumped on us, | 可能在他们破烂不堪的教育中 |
[19:52] | are some things worth keeping. | 有值得我们学习的地方 |
[19:54] | Like a passion for something you never knew you had. | 就像某些热忱 连自己都无法察觉 |
[19:56] | …recent trial of 283 patients… | 在近期对283名患者的实验中 |
[19:58] | Or the ability to constantly surround yourself with people who love you. | 又或者是某种让自己保持被爱的能力 |
[20:02] | …subsequent stent placement only increases… In conclusion, | 随后的支架置入只会增加 总之 |
[20:06] | the difference between the strategies | 无论是长期或短期的跟踪试验里 |
[20:09] | is not significant at either short-term or long-term follow-up. | 两种方案没有显著区别 |
[20:13] | Thank you very much, folks, we’ve been great. | 非常感谢大家 今天真不错 |
[20:28] | And ”Z” is for the Zs that you’ll be getting | 最后就是 你们可以去睡了 |
[20:31] | cos you now know heart murmurs from A to Z. | 因为我已经讲完了所有关于心脏杂音的知识 |
[20:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[20:42] | I just figured I’d come, check it out. | 我捉摸着应该过来 |
[20:44] | You know, see how you’re doing. | 看看你怎么样 |
[20:47] | And for the record, that was atrocious. | 郑重声明 你糟透了 |
[20:49] | I mean, downright abysmal. | 我的意思是 真的太惨了 |
[20:50] | I know, but did you see A through K? | 好吧 但是前面你都看到了吗 |
[20:52] | I did a cool thing with A through K. | 我做得挺不错的呢 |
[20:53] | I showed up at Y, as in ”Why, dear God? Why?” | 我后面才过来 真是天哪 烂死了 |
[20:59] | You know, this has got to be the most piss-poor, | 你知道么 这简直是个烂透了的借口 |
[21:02] | sorry excuse for a hospital that I have ever set foot in. | 我在任何一家医院都没碰到过 |
[21:06] | Well, Dad, in that case, | 爸爸 那这样吧 |
[21:07] | feel free not to stop by every day you’re in town. | 下一次你可以不用天天来的 |
[21:10] | Goodbye, Son. | 儿子再见 |
[21:14] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[21:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[21:19] | Parents, huh? | 家长哈 |
[21:21] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[21:23] | Yeah. What’s that, a shot at my dad? | 咋啦 想数落我爸吗 |
[21:25] | That’s stepping over the line, pal. | 你越界了伙计 |
[21:27] | I missed this. | 我很怀念这样 |
[21:31] | Yeah. | 是啊 |