时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Oh, what a cutie. Where’d this little guy come from? | 噢 看它多可爱啊 这小家伙哪来的 |
[00:05] | Doug found him in some dead guy’s colon. | Doug从某尸体的结肠中找到的 |
[00:10] | Hey, little guy. | 嘿 小家伙 |
[00:12] | Doug’s still pretty upset about the whole thing. | Doug还在为这事犯恶心呢 |
[00:15] | Why would he live in there? | 它为什么住结肠里啊 |
[00:16] | Diseased rodents shouldn’t be nowhere near my pregnant princess. | 带病的鼠类应远离我怀有身孕的可人儿 |
[00:20] | Carla being pregnant had changed everyone. | Carla怀孕影响了每一个人 |
[00:22] | It made Dr. Kelso softer. | Kelso医生温柔些了 |
[00:24] | Oh, I think the children | 噢 我想儿科的孩子们 |
[00:26] | in Pediatrics would love this little fella. | 会爱死这个小家伙的 |
[00:30] | Carla’s pregnancy also affected Elliot. | Carla怀孕也影响了Elliot |
[00:33] | OK, so we’re both off in a few minutes. | 好的 接下来的时间咱俩都不当班 |
[00:35] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 那就这么办 |
[00:37] | – We’re heading back to my place. – Oh, yeah? | – 咱们俩回到我家 – 然后呢 |
[00:39] | I’m gonna put on something very naughty. | 我换上非常性感的衣服 |
[00:42] | Awesome. | 好极了 |
[00:42] | And then we’re gonna have sex and pretend we aren’t using protection | 接着我们爱爱 然后假装没戴套 |
[00:45] | and we’re trying to make a baby. | 并且在试着造人 |
[00:46] | – Un-awesome. – Keith, we’re doing this. | – 不太好了 – Keith 就这么定了 |
[00:49] | I need it. | 我很渴望 |
[00:50] | As for me, I bought a custom-made Italian suit. | 我呢 买了一套定做的意大利西装 |
[00:56] | Huh? What do you think? I had it made for the christening. | 哈 怎么样 我为了洗礼仪式准备的 |
[01:01] | That little mixed-race embryo got a godfather yet? | 咱的混血小胎儿还没有教父呢吧 |
[01:04] | J.D., that’s something we have to discuss as a couple. | J.D 这件事得我们俩一起讨论决定 |
[01:09] | You know what? I’m not sure that suit works on you. | 知道吗 我觉得这套衣服不是很适合你 |
[01:12] | Thanks for your opinion, Carla. | 谢谢你的意见 Carla |
[01:15] | But I’m much more interested in what you all think. | 但是我比较在乎大伙怎么看 |
[01:19] | – We don’t love it. – Well, who cares, Lonnie? | – 我们觉得不合适 – 谁在乎呢 Lonnie |
[01:22] | Because all that really matters | 因为最重要的是 |
[01:24] | is whether or not America loves it. | America喜不喜欢 |
[01:27] | For the last time, it’s Americo. | 最后说一遍 我叫Americo |
[01:31] | And of course I love it. I made it. | 我当然喜欢 这是我做的衣服 |
[01:35] | He’s a dynamite tailor. Not sure why he’s here. | 他是位了不得的裁缝 不知道他为什么会在这 |
[01:38] | You better put your scrubs on. Herbert’s back. | 你最好换上你的工作服 Herbert回来了 |
[01:43] | How you doing?Buddy? | 你好吗 伙计 |
[01:44] | Because of his weight, Herbert was a frequent visitor. | 因为他的体重 Herbert是医院的常客 |
[01:47] | And no one liked treating him. | 而且没人愿意照顾他 |
[01:48] | It wasn’t a mean thing. | 倒没什么恶意 |
[01:50] | See, with big people, even the simple stuff is more difficult. | 只是 照顾超重的人 简单的事也变的困难了 |
[01:54] | I didn’t mind, because Herbie was my man. | 我不介意 因为Herbie是我哥们 |
[01:56] | – How you feeling, Love Bug? – Fully loaded. | – 你怎么样 亲爱的 – 身心满载 |
[02:00] | Hey, it’s time for my sponge bath, right? | 嘿 该给我洗海绵浴了 是吧 |
[02:03] | – I’ll need three girls. – Herbie, it’s not a bathhouse. | – 我需要三位美女 – Herbie 这里不是澡堂子 |
[02:10] | We’ll get those bandages off later today, Mr. Brooks, all right? | 我们今天晚些时候就给你拆绷带 好吗 Brooks先生 |
[02:15] | OK, as you all know, | 好了 正如你们所知 |
[02:16] | Sacred Heart is dealing with a mountain of malpractice lawsuits | 圣心医院正面临一堆治疗不当的法律诉讼 |
[02:20] | courtesy of bumbling interns, | 这都要感谢迟钝的实习生 |
[02:22] | clueless doctors and hack surgeons, | 愚蠢的医生还有莽夫一样的外科医生 |
[02:24] | or as I like to refer to them, | 或者用我的话来说 |
[02:26] | you people. | 就是你们 |
[02:28] | Now, since Sweaty Teddy here | 鉴于 费劲泰迪 |
[02:29] | backs up his infinitesimal knowledge of the law | 那少得可怜的法律知识 |
[02:32] | with absolutely zero knowledge of medicine, | 还有那完全是零的医学知识 |
[02:35] | one of you is going to help him go through claims, decipher medical stuff | 你们其中之一得帮助他处理这些诉讼 破译医疗术语 |
[02:38] | and somehow relay all of that into his tiny peanut brain. | 并让他用那花生大小的脑袋记住 |
[02:42] | Ted.How many times did I insult you during that speech? | Ted 刚才这段话中我侮辱了你几次 |
[02:44] | I was shooting for five. | 我是争取侮辱你5次来着 |
[02:45] | Only three, unless you count “Sweaty Teddy” as an insult. | 只有3次 除非把”费劲泰迪”也算上 |
[02:48] | But my mom calls me that, and she loves me, right? | 但我妈也这么叫我 可她是爱我的 不是吗 |
[02:51] | No, Ted. She hates you. Four. | 不 Ted 她恨你 4次了 |
[02:53] | Now,since Ted has no life, and that’s five, | 现在 鉴于Ted没有私生活 这下5次了 |
[02:57] | I am going to let him hand select his very own victim. | 我准备让他亲手选出他的受害者 |
[02:59] | Ted Ted. | |
[03:00] | – I’ll take Claire! – Oh, God. | – 我选Claire – 噢 天呐 |
[03:03] | You turned me down 14 times for drinks. | 我请你喝酒 你拒绝了我14次 |
[03:06] | Well, who’s the creepy loser now, huh? | 看看现在谁是失败者 哈 |
[03:08] | And just like that, I had the chance to comfort Claire. | 就这样 我有了安慰Claire的机会 |
[03:12] | You look like you need to be rescued. | 你看起来需要被拯救啊 |
[03:15] | Life was good. | 生活真美好啊 |
[03:16] | But then came a surprise visit from my brother | 但我哥这个不速之客就出现了 |
[03:18] | and a round of the game he likes to call Watch Her Leave. | 然后一轮他叫做看她远去的游戏开始了 |
[03:22] | There’s no easy way to say this. | 真不知道该怎么说 |
[03:24] | We got the crabs. | 咱们得梅毒了 |
[03:27] | Wow, she was cute. | 噢 她挺漂亮啊 |
[03:29] | – Yes, she was, Dan. Thank you. – Welcome. | – 是的 她挺漂亮 Dan 谢谢你 – 不客气 |
[03:31] | We’ll be right back. | 我们去去就回 |
[03:35] | – Was he talking to us? – Don’t know, don’t care. | – 是和咱们说话呢吗 – 不知道 不关心 |
[03:37] | Here, take this. | 来 拿着这个 |
[03:54] | So, Dan, to what do we owe this… something. | 说吧 Dan 咱们欠这个 什么东西的 什么 |
[03:59] | I had to blow out of town. Mom doinked her new boyfriend | 我从家逃出来的 老妈上了他的新男友 |
[04:01] | and guilted him into getting me an job interview where he works. | 并设计他给我弄了个面试的机会 |
[04:05] | Well,you know. Mom does what she has to do. | 你懂的 老妈是为了你好 |
[04:07] | Why do I need a full-time job? I got a sweet setup at home. | 我为什么要做一份全职工作啊 我在家待得挺好 |
[04:10] | I got a sweet pad in Mom’s attic, | 我在老妈的阁楼里住得很舒服 |
[04:12] | driving Dad’s old Plymouth Horizon, | 开着老爸的普利茅斯 |
[04:14] | and because I’m the senior bartender at KJ’s, | 并且因为我是KJ的资深酒保 |
[04:17] | I can take home half the extra chicken wings. Thank you. | 我可以打包半份多余的鸡翅回家 多谢关心 |
[04:20] | Dan Dan, | |
[04:21] | do you ever have to pinch | 你从没有掐过自己 |
[04:22] | yourself to make sure it’s all not some crazy dream? | 来确认自己不是在做白日梦么 |
[04:25] | That does not count as a formal hello, Coxsmith. | 这可不能算是打招呼 Coxsmith |
[04:29] | – Don’t call him Coxsmith. – I call him Coxsmith. | – 别叫他Coxsmith – 我就叫他Coxsmith |
[04:31] | – So, what’s new around here? – Carla’s pregnant. | – 有什么新鲜事吗 – Carla怀孕了 |
[04:35] | Dude, bummer. | 哥们 你毁了 |
[04:37] | No, we’re trying to have kids. | 不 我们想要孩子的 |
[04:39] | Oh, congratulations. That’s great. | 噢 恭喜 太好了 |
[04:41] | I’m not really a big kid person. | 我个人不怎么喜欢孩子 |
[04:43] | Are you guys totally freaking out? | 你们俩没吓到疯么 |
[04:45] | No. | 没有 |
[04:47] | And they weren’t. They were taking it all in stride. | 他们确实没有 他俩从容不迫着呢 |
[04:51] | Ok, so here’s how I think we should name our baby. | 我觉得咱应该这样给宝宝起名 |
[04:53] | It’s what my parents did. | 这是我爸妈的招数 |
[04:54] | If it’s a girl, I get to pick the name. | 女孩的话 名字我来取 |
[04:57] | – If it’s a boy, you pick the name. – OK. | – 男孩的话 名字你来取 – 好的 |
[04:59] | I like Angie for a girl. | 女孩的话 我想叫她Angie |
[05:01] | And if it’s a boy, say hello to Fu-Kwon. What’s up! | 男孩的话 那就叫Fu Kown了 怎么样 |
[05:05] | You know what?Maybe we should pick the names together. | 你知道吗 我觉得名字还是咱俩一块取吧 |
[05:09] | OK. ‘Cause I was thinking, you know, for a girl… | 好吧 那我想 女孩的话 就叫 |
[05:11] | Sweetie, we already have the girl’s name. | 亲爱的 女孩的名字已经取好了 |
[05:14] | Now, for the boy, why not name him after your cousin? | 那么 男孩的话 就叫你表哥的名字吧 |
[05:17] | Tiger Tiger? | |
[05:18] | Turk.I’m begging you to stop telling people that. No one believes you. | Turk 求你别再和别人这么说了 没人信的 |
[05:22] | Well, tell that to the | 那去告诉我在你之前 |
[05:23] | last two women I slept with before you, OK? | 睡过的两个女人吧 好吗 |
[05:26] | Sha-boing. Boing | Sha-boing和Boing |
[05:28] | That… Oh, God! | 那个 噢 天呐 |
[05:30] | I’m talking about your other cousin, George. | 我说的是你另一个表哥 George |
[05:33] | – I like that. – Yeah. | – 我喜欢 – 嗯 |
[05:34] | George and Angie. All right. | George和Angie 好的 |
[05:35] | And Turk. If you mention the names to anyone, | 还有 Turk 别告诉别人 |
[05:37] | they’ll ruin them for us, so don’t tell anyone, OK? | 不然这名字就毁了 所以 谁也别说 好吗 |
[05:41] | No one. | 谁也不行 |
[05:43] | What’s up, my negro amigo? | 有事吗 我的黑人朋友 |
[05:47] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[05:50] | Hey, look, I paged you | 我呼你是因为我不知道Herbert怎么了 |
[05:51] | because I can’t figure out what’s going on with Herbert. | 我呼你是因为我不知道Herbert怎么了 |
[05:53] | He’s got acute back pain, but no cauda equina signs. | 他背部疼痛严重 但没有马尾神经综合症的迹象 |
[05:56] | If we have a girl, we’re gonna name her Angie. | 如果我们生女孩 就取名Angie |
[05:59] | Hey, boys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[06:00] | Hey, Chris, if there was a | 听着 Chris 如果有个测试 |
[06:01] | test to see if your baby was gay, would you do it? | 能测出你宝宝是不是同性恋 你测吗 |
[06:17] | Oh, sweetie, he’s… | 噢 亲爱的 他是 |
[06:20] | Extremely. Yes. And I’m OK with it. | 对极了 是的 我不在乎 |
[06:25] | Anyway, Elliot wasn’t in the lab. | 对了 Elliot不在实验室 |
[06:27] | Oh, she’s at home. | 噢 她在家 |
[06:29] | You know what.I’ll be done in a couple of seconds and we’ll find her. | 我很快就完事了 我带你去找她 |
[06:32] | Ok. | 好的 |
[06:33] | – Herbert. – Keep it cool, man. | – Herbert – 看着不错啊 伙计 |
[06:35] | Dan train. | Dan火车 |
[06:39] | – Thanks a lot.Dude. – What? | – 真是谢了 哥们 – 怎么了 |
[06:41] | That Dan train used to hook up with Elliot. | Dan和Elliot有过一腿 |
[06:44] | – So? – So? | – 那怎么了 – 怎么了 |
[06:46] | Man.Your boy J.D.’s been telling him that Elliot still likes him. | 伙计 你家J.D一直跟Dan说Elliot还喜欢他 |
[06:49] | Doctor-patient confidentiality goes both ways, | 医患协议对双方都有约束效应的 |
[06:52] | Mr. I Prefer My Temperature Taken Through the Back Door. | 喜欢后庭式量体温的先生 |
[06:55] | What? I mean, it tickles. | 怎么了 痒痒的挺舒服嘛 |
[06:57] | Look, Dan doesn’t exactly have the world by the tail, OK? | Dan不知道实情 明白吗 |
[07:00] | Every time he calls me all depressed, the only thing I could think of | 每次Dan万分沮丧地打电话给我 我只会用 |
[07:03] | to cheer him up was to say, “Elliot still digs you.” | “Elliot还喜欢你”这套话安慰他 |
[07:06] | I’m trying to find a way to make him feel good about himself, you know. | 我只是试着帮他改善情绪 让他自信点 |
[07:10] | If we have a boy, we’re gonna name him George. | 如果我们生男孩 就取名George |
[07:13] | What about Tiger? | 怎么不叫Tiger了 |
[07:14] | Hey, man, where’d your brother go, anyway? | 嘿 哥们 你哥去哪了 |
[07:17] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天 |
[07:19] | Call Elliot. | 连线Elliot |
[07:22] | No, call Elliot. | 不是 连线Elliot |
[07:25] | No. No… | 不对 不对 |
[07:28] | Call Elliot. | 连线Elliot |
[07:30] | Got her. | 拨通了 |
[07:34] | We don’t want any distractions while we’re trying to make a baby. | 努力造人时可不能被人打扰 |
[07:38] | OK, you gotta stop saying that. | 那个 你别再这么说了 |
[07:40] | What, Keith, we’re role-playing. All right? | 角色扮演 好吗 |
[07:41] | This is not real. Now let’s just do this. | 又不是真的 继续 |
[07:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:49] | Promise me you’ll hold me | 向我保证 我生娃的时候 |
[07:50] | like this when I push your baby out my bajingo. | 你也会这样抱着我 |
[07:53] | – All right.I’m putting on a third condom. – Keith! | – 好了 我得再戴个避孕套 – Keith |
[07:59] | What? | 干嘛 |
[08:02] | No, J.D.I’m not gonna act like I want to bone your brother. | 不 J.D 我才不会装出想上你哥的样子 |
[08:05] | I’m telling him the truth. | 我会跟他说明白的 |
[08:08] | Hey, Elliot… is wearing lingerie. | 嘿 Elliot 穿着情趣内衣呢 |
[08:11] | Hey, Dan. J.D. Told me you were coming. | 嘿 Dan J.D告诉我了你要来 |
[08:14] | Um, this is Keith. I’m sure you’re a little disappointed. | 呃 这是Keith 我知道你一定有些失望 |
[08:18] | Yeah, I’m in. | 好的 我加入 |
[08:20] | – I go first. – Um… | – 我先来 – 嗯 |
[08:24] | Elliot, you have to ask me about things like this. | Elliot 这种事你得先问问我的 |
[08:31] | And that is the father of my fake baby. | 这就是我虚拟孩子他爸 |
[08:36] | – Honey. – I gotta go down to Jack’s preschool. | – 亲爱的 – 我得去Jack的幼儿园 |
[08:39] | Apparently, Seymour was teasing him, | Seymour开他的玩笑 |
[08:41] | so he punched him in the face. | 然后他打了人家一拳 |
[08:42] | Do Seymour’s parents have to get out in there? | 那Seymour的家长也回去吗 |
[08:44] | I doubt it. They’re turtles. | 不会吧 Seymour是只乌龟 |
[08:46] | Count yourself lucky. | 你们这就算走运了 |
[08:48] | My son sent me a picture of himself | 我儿子刚给我邮了张他 |
[08:50] | sitting on the lap of his new boyfriend, Winston. | 坐在他新男友Winston大腿上的照片 |
[08:53] | Oh! | 噢 |
[08:54] | Why are they dressed up as Tonto and the Lone Ranger? | 为什么他们穿的像独行侠和Tonto |
[08:57] | I’d like to tell you they’re going to a costume party, | 我很想告诉你他们要去化妆舞会 |
[08:59] | but apparently those are jammies. | 不过那是他们的睡衣 |
[09:01] | Come on.Look at the bright side. He’s like the daughter that you never had, | 往好处想想 他就像是你从未拥有的女儿一样 |
[09:05] | only gay and unsuccessful. | 只不过是同性恋还一无是处 |
[09:07] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[09:11] | So funny, the way kids are, isn’t it? | 孩子们真是有趣 是不是 |
[09:15] | You never know how it’s gonna go. | 你猜不到他们会怎么样 |
[09:17] | Now that Dan knew Elliot wasn’t into him, | 现在Dan知道Elliot不喜欢他了 |
[09:19] | my focus had shifted from keeping him away from her | 我的重心也从避免他俩见面 |
[09:21] | to avoiding him so he doesn’t kill me. | 变成了躲着他避免他杀了我 |
[09:25] | Hey, Mr. Brooks. Let’s get these bandages off you, huh? | 嘿 Brooks先生 咱们来拆绷带吧 好不好 |
[09:31] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么会在这 |
[09:32] | Mr. Brooks wanted safety tips on operating propane heaters. | Brooks先生想知道怎么修加热器安全点 |
[09:35] | As long as you’re not my brother. | 不是我哥哥就安全 |
[09:37] | I had a brother once. Well, I shouldn’t say once, he’s still my brother. | 我有过一个兄弟 当然 现在也是兄弟 |
[09:41] | My parents adopted him when I was about 12. | 我12岁时父母领养了他 |
[09:43] | He was about 46. Actually older than my parents. | 他46岁 比我父母年纪都大 |
[09:46] | His name was Clete and he talked like this, “How’s it going?” | 他叫Clete 然后这样子说话 你好 |
[09:51] | Good kid. Did what they said. | 好孩子 特别听话 |
[09:52] | Make the bed, mop the floor, sweep the lawn, whatever had to be done. | 铺床 擦地 剪草坪 什么都做 |
[09:56] | Everything was good till his 50s and, | 他50岁之前一切都挺好的 |
[09:57] | wow, did he have a midlife crisis. | 后来 他患上了中年危机 |
[09:59] | Him and my dad fought constantly. | 总是和我爸爸打架 |
[10:01] | I mean really physically beating on each other. | 我是说 真的动手打起来那种 |
[10:04] | But I don’t blame him for it though. | 但我不怪他 |
[10:05] | I blame my mom for sleeping with him. | 我怪我妈和他有一腿 |
[10:07] | – That’s just out of line. – Yeah. | – 实在是太过分了 – 嗯 |
[10:10] | Anyway, the reason I’m telling you this is because your brother told me | 我给你讲这个故事 是因为你哥说了 |
[10:13] | if I keep you focused on me, he would let me watch. | 只要我能分散你的注意力 他就让我旁观 |
[10:15] | Watch what? | 旁观什么 |
[10:18] | Hey, little brother. | 嘿 弟弟 |
[10:23] | I can’t believe those kids are playing with that dead guy’s butt hamster. | 我真不敢相信 那帮孩子居然在玩那只结肠仓鼠 |
[10:26] | That is disgusting. | 太恶心了 |
[10:28] | It’s my turn to hold Angie. | 轮到我抱Angie了 |
[10:33] | What did she call that thing? | 她管那东西叫什么 |
[10:35] | Baby, we should go. | 宝贝儿 咱该走了 |
[10:38] | Where’d you come up with that name? | 你怎么想到这个名字的 |
[10:41] | I guess I could help you name her. Let’s see. | 我可以帮你给它起名字 我想想啊 |
[10:44] | It’s a girl hamster. What about Angie? | 这是只母仓鼠 叫Angie怎么样 |
[10:47] | – I love it! – Me too. Angie, guys? | – 我喜欢 – 我也喜欢 Angie 怎么样 |
[10:50] | – Yeah! – Angie, it is! | – 好喂 – 就叫Angie了 |
[10:57] | – Hold his arms. – Wait! Turk, it was an accident, OK? | – 抓住他的胳膊 – 等下 Turk 那是个意外 好吗 |
[10:59] | The name just popped into my head! | 我突然就想到了那个名字 |
[11:01] | Shut up! You just shut up right now! | 闭嘴 你给我马上闭嘴 |
[11:05] | Pink belly. | 打肚皮吧 |
[11:06] | No! Turk! | 不要 Turk |
[11:08] | Unfortunately, Turk was | 不幸的是 Turk是最棒的 |
[11:09] | the greatest pink-bellier in all the land. | 最会打肚皮的人 |
[11:15] | You know, Bobbo, I find you less repugnant as of late. | 知道吗 Bobbo 我发现你最近友善了不少啊 |
[11:19] | Dare I say, I’m developing a begrudging indifference to you. | 我敢说我都快要感觉不到你的存在了 |
[11:22] | Perry. You’re so edgy and cantankerous. | Perry 你又暴躁又易怒 |
[11:24] | You’re like House without the limp. | 你就像不瘸腿的豪斯医生 |
[11:27] | Ted.I’ve decided this project is over the head of that pretty little lady there, | Ted 我认为这项工作比你泡女友重要 |
[11:31] | so Dr. Cox will be replacing her. | 所以Cox医生将代替她继续 |
[11:35] | That was the longest three hours of my life. | 这是生命中最难熬的3个小时 |
[11:37] | Call me. | 打给我啊 |
[11:40] | Tell you what she’s not good at. Staring contests. | 知道她弱点是什么吗 瞪眼比赛 |
[11:46] | – Why, Bob? – Why the hell not? | – 为什么 Bob – 为什么不呢 |
[11:51] | So Herbert,how are you doing with your diet, man? | Herbert 你节食还顺利吗 伙计 |
[11:53] | The best I can do, man. How’s your tummy? | 我尽力了 哥们 你肚子还疼吗 |
[11:56] | Turk was so proud of his handiwork that he signed it. | Turk太满意自己的作品了 他签名了 |
[12:00] | He knows it’s so painful | 而且他知道因为太疼了 |
[12:01] | I won’t be able to wash it for some time. | 所以我一段时间内不会洗掉的 |
[12:04] | – I mean, are you all two OK? – Actually, we were. | – 你俩没事了吗 – 事实上 我俩确实没事了 |
[12:07] | Because the way the whole brother thing works, | 因为兄弟之间就这样的 |
[12:09] | now that Dan had beaten me up, it was all over. | Dan已经打过我了 一切都过去了 |
[12:12] | – Why’d you lie to me about Elliot? – Or not. | – 为什么你要骗我 – 或者还没过去 |
[12:15] | Oh, come on, man. | 拜托 哥们 |
[12:16] | A girl like Elliot could never really be into somebody like you. | Elliot那样的女孩是不会喜欢你这种人的 |
[12:20] | – Why wouldn’t she’d be into me? – The obvious response | – 为什么不会呢 – 答案很明显 |
[12:23] | was Elliot was looking for a guy with more going on in life. | 因为Elliot想找个生活态度积极负责的人 |
[12:26] | And the only way to gently break that to my brother was this: | 最简单的说明方法就是 |
[12:30] | Elliot wants to have kids right now | Elliot想要个孩子 |
[12:32] | and she knows you’re not ready. | 她知道你还没准备好 |
[12:38] | Bummer. | 可惜了 |
[12:41] | Don’t worry about it, man. He bought it. It’s cool. | 别担心 他信了 没事的 |
[12:49] | I have to talk to Elliot before my brother Dan does. | 我得赶在Dan之前和Elliot谈谈 |
[12:53] | Herbert.I’m afraid your back pain may involve your spinal cord, | Herbert 我怀疑你后背疼痛跟脊髓有关系 |
[12:55] | so we need to get you an MRI. Now where is my pen? | 所以你需要做核磁共振 我的笔去哪了 |
[12:58] | Elliot Elliot Elliot! Elliot! | |
[13:03] | What’s up, J.D.? | 干嘛 J.D |
[13:04] | My brother’s on his way up. | 我哥要来了 |
[13:06] | You have to tell him the only reason you don’t wanna be with him | 你得告诉他你不想和他在一起 |
[13:08] | is ’cause he doesn’t want kids right now. | 是因为他还不想要孩子 |
[13:10] | J.D., just tell him the truth. | J.D 你就实话实说吧 |
[13:13] | Elliot.Last time I was honest with Dan about his life, | Elliot 上次我对他实话实说 |
[13:16] | it just made him feel like crap. | 他听了之后糟糕透顶 |
[13:17] | He didn’t talk to me again until our dad died. | 直到父亲去世他才肯和我说话 |
[13:20] | Do you really want me to do that? | 你真希望我这么做吗 |
[13:21] | Cause I’m not sure what would get us back together this time. | 因为我不知道下次得等到谁去世了 |
[13:24] | Dad can’t die again. | 我爸又不能死两次 |
[13:27] | What’s going on, guys? | 聊什么呢 伙计们 |
[13:37] | I’m not having a staring contest with you, Ted. | 我才不和你玩瞪眼比赛 Ted |
[13:41] | OK, one-nothing, me. Oh, yeah. | 好了 我赢了 噢 耶 |
[13:44] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[13:45] | OK, back to work. | 好了 继续工作 |
[13:47] | This next patient claims their stent was implanted incorrectly. | 下一件是病人投诉支架植入方式不对 |
[13:51] | What’s a stent? | 什么是支架啊 |
[13:53] | A tube that holds arteries open. | 支撑主动脉工作的管子 |
[13:55] | All right. | 知道了 |
[13:56] | And what’s a Buckland? | Buckland是什么啊 |
[14:01] | That’s a predominantly hairless growth never found on women. | 指男人不长头发的现象 |
[14:04] | Weird. | 真怪啊 |
[14:09] | It’s your last name, Ted. | 那是你的姓 Ted |
[14:11] | Good one. | 不错嘛 |
[14:15] | – So you got the baby fever, huh? – Yep. | – 听说你着急要孩子啊 – 是的 |
[14:18] | Hopefully I’m already pregnant with Keith’s child. | 希望我已经怀上Keith的孩子了 |
[14:20] | Oh, come on! I’m 25! I haven’t even been to Europe! | 噢 不是吧 我才25 我还没去过欧洲呢 |
[14:24] | – Keith, wait! – No! | – Keith 等等 – 不 |
[14:28] | I got a good feeling about those two. Well, I’m off. | 我预感他俩会有好结果 好了 我走了 |
[14:31] | – All right. Say hi to Mom for me. – Yep. Get my stuff. | – 替我给咱妈带好 – 嗯 我回去收拾收拾 |
[14:36] | And like that, he was gone. | 就这样 他走了 |
[14:40] | You know what name I’ve always liked for a girl? | 你知道我想给女孩取什么名字吗 |
[14:43] | Honor. | Honor(贞操) |
[14:45] | Turk, you know how mean boys are. | Turk 你知道小男孩多讨厌的 |
[14:47] | They’d be all like, “I got on her. Did you get on her?” | 他们会说 我上过她了 你上了没 |
[14:50] | Yeah, everybody got on her ’cause she’s easy. | 每个人都想上她 因为她很随便 |
[14:54] | – That’s your daughter. – Yes, it is. | – 说的可是你女儿 – 是的 |
[14:56] | It’s just weird. | 太怪了 |
[14:57] | Angie was perfect. Now nothing seems as good. | Angie这名字很完美 现在别的名字都不如它好 |
[15:02] | – What you got there, sir? – Dead hamster. | – 先生 你手里拿的什么 – 死仓鼠 |
[15:05] | Angie’s dead? | Angie死了 |
[15:08] | – Baby, we got our name back! – Yeah! | – 宝贝儿 咱们的名字回来了 – 耶 |
[15:11] | Sir, if no one’s officially called dibs… | 如果没人要的话 |
[15:13] | Take it, freak. | 拿着吧 疯子 |
[15:16] | What? | 干嘛 |
[15:18] | I’m making a hamster vest for one of my squirrels. | 我要给我的松鼠做件仓鼠皮背心 |
[15:21] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[15:23] | I love you too, dumpling, but I have to work late. | 我也爱你 小可爱 但是我得加班 |
[15:26] | I’ll make it up to you this weekend. | 这周末陪你好不好 |
[15:28] | Ted’s on the phone with his mom, so we’re taking a five. Why? | Ted和他妈打电话呢 于是我们就休息了 为什么啊 |
[15:32] | – Why is Kelso doing this to me? – Well, you know. | – Kelso为什么这么对我 – 你懂的 |
[15:35] | No. I don’t. All I remember | 不 我不知道 我只记得 |
[15:37] | is that we were both making fun of our kids, | 我们在开彼此孩子的玩笑 |
[15:39] | and then bam, he stuck me with Ted. | 然后 嘭 他就把我和Ted困在一起了 |
[15:40] | No, no. You made fun of your kid, he made fun of his kid, | 不 不 你开你儿子的玩笑 他开他儿子的玩笑 |
[15:44] | and then you made fun of his kid. | 接着你取笑了他儿子 |
[15:47] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不懂吗 |
[15:49] | You can never say bad things about someone else’s kid. | 你永远不能说别人家孩子的坏话 |
[15:52] | Ever. | 永远 |
[15:55] | Mom, if you can’t reach that spot with the lotion, | 妈 如果你抹乳液抹不到那里 |
[15:57] | I’ll get it for you when I get home late tonight. | 就等我晚上回去帮你抹吧 |
[16:00] | OK, kisses. | 好了 亲亲 |
[16:03] | – You ready to get back in there? – Yeah. Gotta vomit first. | – 准备好回去工作了吗 – 等我先吐会儿 |
[16:07] | Ok. | 好的 |
[16:09] | OK, guys, let’s all gather around. Huddle up. | 好了 大伙 聚过来 快点 |
[16:12] | Now, you guys, Herbert in there needs an MRI, | 现在 大伙 Herbert需要做核磁共振 |
[16:15] | but he won’t fit in to our machine. Anybody know what we should do? | 但是他进不了仪器 谁有办法 |
[16:18] | Nobody wanted to say it, | 谁也不想说 |
[16:19] | but sometimes when hospitals have Herbert-sized patients, | 但有时像Herbert这种体型的病人 |
[16:23] | they’ll send them to the one place that has MRI machines big enough. | 只有一个地方的仪器是能用的 |
[16:27] | The zoo. | 动物园 |
[16:28] | I know what you’re all thinking, but I’m not gonna do that to Herbert . | 我知道你们的想法 但是我不会这么做的 |
[16:31] | It’s too humiliating. | 太侮辱人了 |
[16:37] | Herbert. You’re too big for our MRI machine | Herbert 你太胖了 进不了核磁共振器 |
[16:39] | so we’re gonna have to take you to the zoo. | 我们只能带你去动物园做检查了 |
[16:41] | Damn. Well, that sucks. | 该死 那糟透了 |
[16:45] | You kinda brought this on yourself, didn’t you? | 这都是你自己造成的 不是吗 |
[16:49] | Man. | 天啊 |
[16:50] | Why do you hate Herbert? | 你为什么讨厌Herbert |
[16:52] | He’s been in here seven times, all for weight related problems. | 他来这7次了 都是超重造成的 |
[16:54] | I mean, he’s never tried to get healthier. | 他从来不想着努力变健康 |
[16:57] | Sometimes, protecting someone’s feelings isn’t the best way to go. | 有时候 过度保护别人的感受不是什么好办法 |
[17:00] | Spare me the tough love speech. All right? | 别跟我扯这套严厉的爱了 行吗 |
[17:02] | You really think going in there being mean to | 你真以为恶言相向 |
[17:03] | Herbert gonna cause him to turn his life around?Lose 100 pounds. | 就是帮助Herbert了吗 就能帮他瘦下去100磅么 |
[17:06] | Probably not. But as long as I’m still in there trying to get him to change, | 可能不会 但至少我在帮助他做改变 |
[17:09] | so I can sleep at night. | 我晚上才能睡得安稳 |
[17:11] | When you think about your brother later, how are you gonna sleep? | 当你想起你对你哥做的一切 你晚上睡得着么 |
[17:21] | Angie and George. | Angie和George |
[17:25] | – You know what’s weird? – Hmm? | – 知道什么很怪吗 – 嗯 |
[17:27] | Now that they have names, everything seems so real. | 现在他们有名字了 一切都变的真实了 |
[17:31] | I can see George’s smile. | 我能看见George在笑 |
[17:33] | And I can see Angie having your curly hair. | 还能看见Angie和你一样的卷发 |
[17:36] | I hope she doesn’t have my ear infections. | 希望她不会和我一样有中耳炎 |
[17:41] | I was really sick as a baby. | 我小时候真的很多病 |
[17:43] | I was a climber. | 我喜欢到处爬 |
[17:44] | Our windows don’t have bars. You know. | 咱们的窗户没有栏杆 |
[17:46] | If George get himself up he can fall into the alley. | 如果George爬上去掉下去怎么办 |
[17:48] | What if George doesn’t love me? | 如果George不爱我怎么办 |
[17:50] | What if Angie stops breathing in her sleep? | 如果Angie睡觉时呼吸停止了怎么办 |
[17:52] | Why’d we have to pick these stupid names? I hate it when things get real! | 咱为什么非得起名字呢 我讨厌这么具象的感觉 |
[17:56] | You know.When I was in high school, | 我高中的时候 |
[17:57] | I had a shop teacher named George who hated black people. | 我手工课的老师George特别讨厌黑人 |
[18:00] | There was a prostitute at my town mall,her name was Angie. | 我们那个镇中心 有个妓女就叫Angie |
[18:03] | – Great.well, those names are out. – Yeah, they’re out! | – 这下好了 这俩名字排除了 – 是啊 排除 |
[18:05] | – And we don’t need new ones. – we don’t need new ones for nine months. | – 咱也不用取新名字 – 九个月之内不用 |
[18:08] | – I’m ready for bed. – Me too. | – 我准备睡觉了 – 我也是 |
[18:12] | Hey, Bob, you got a minute? | 嘿 Bob 有时间吗 |
[18:15] | If you killed Ted, I don’t wanna know about it. | 如果你杀了Ted 别告诉我 |
[18:16] | Just make sure it’s not traceable to the hospital. | 别牵扯到医院就行 |
[18:19] | That’s not why I’m here. But it’s good to know. | 我不是为这个来的 不过很高兴你这么说 |
[18:23] | Look, uh | 听着 呃 |
[18:26] | I just wanted to apologize for what I said about your son. | 我想为说你儿子的事道歉 |
[18:29] | Well, he hasn’t turned out exactly as I’d planned. | 他没按照我预想的方向发展 |
[18:35] | For example. I always imagined we’d spend | 举个例子 我一直以为他13岁的生日 |
[18:37] | his 13th birthday fly-fishing in Montana. | 会和我在蒙大拿飞钓 |
[18:40] | Where did you spend it? | 那最后在哪过的 |
[18:41] | On 42nd Street, camped out for Ain’t Misbehavin tickets. | 在42号街 为了买Ain’t Misbehavin的票彻夜排队 |
[18:46] | He’s a good kid, though. | 但他是个好孩子 |
[18:48] | Tell me about him. | 再讲讲他吧 |
[18:51] | He is a good kid. He’s always been a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 他一直都是好孩子 |
[18:53] | First time I knew we weren’t | 第一次我们意见不合 |
[18:55] | on the same page was when he took up knitting. | 是我看见他织东西的时候 |
[18:57] | Knitting? | 织东西 |
[18:58] | Yeah, thought he was gonna learn how to tie knots. | 是的 我以为他在学怎么打结 |
[19:06] | – Hey, Dan. – Hey, Johnny. | – 嘿 Dan – 嘿 Johnny |
[19:08] | Just packing up. I thought you had to work. | 正打包呢 我以为你还得工作呢 |
[19:11] | I do.But I wanted to talk to you about something. | 我是有工作 但我想和你谈谈 |
[19:13] | Yeah, what’s up? | 嗯 什么事 |
[19:16] | Elliot doesn’t want to have babies with Keith. | Elliot不想和Keith生孩子 |
[19:19] | Oh. Tough break for Keith. | 噢 可怜的Keith |
[19:21] | You know? I almost had a threesome with that guy. | 知道吗 我差点和他一起3P呢 |
[19:24] | When I said Elliot would never be into a guy like you, | 当我说Elliot是不会喜欢你这种人的 |
[19:28] | it’s because you’re a 35-year-old bartender | 我的意思是因为你是个35岁的酒保 |
[19:30] | who still lives in our mother’s attic | 还住老妈家的阁楼 |
[19:32] | and is showing no signs of changing. | 而且无心改变现状 |
[19:35] | I’m not saying this to make you feel bad. | 我说这些不是想伤害你 |
[19:37] | I’m telling you this because I think | 我这么说是因为我觉得 |
[19:38] | you have the potential to do whatever you want to do with your life. | 你有能力做你想去做的任何事 |
[19:42] | But you have to actually try. | 但是你得去亲自去做 |
[19:46] | And then I got the answer I expected. | 接着我听到了预料之中的答案 |
[19:48] | Don’t you have to get back to work? | 你不是得回去上班吗 |
[19:57] | Even though I knew my brother wasn’t gonna change, Elliot was right. | 尽管我知道我哥不会做出改变 但是Elliot说的对 |
[20:00] | It’s comes down about what helps you sleep at night. | 说真话后能睡个安稳觉 |
[20:02] | Who are we kidding? | 我们骗谁呢 |
[20:04] | This is so real now, there’s no way we can sleep. | 一切都太真实了 我们根本就睡不着 |
[20:07] | Whether it’s a strong sense of denial… | 不论内心是否充满了否认 |
[20:13] | or the fact that you love your son. | 还是其实你深爱着儿子 |
[20:20] | As for me, I was just happy to get some rest. | 至于我呢 能睡会儿我就很高兴了 |
[20:27] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:31] | Hey, Johnny. You cool if I borrow this suit? | 嘿 Johnny 我穿你西装你不介意吧 |
[20:34] | I figured I might wear it to that job interview. | 我想穿着它参加面试 |
[20:38] | You know what, man? You might as well just keep it. | 这样吧 你留着穿吧 |
[20:41] | Yeah, I’ll keep it. | 那我留下了 |
[20:43] | You… You think anyone would ever really hire me? | 你 你觉得真有人会愿意用我吗 |
[20:47] | I think you can do whatever you want to do. | 我觉得你有能力做你想做的任何事 |
[20:59] | Take it easy, little brother. | 别担心 弟弟 |