时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Since the geriatric wing was being remodelled, | 由于老年病房正在改建 |
[00:03] | Turk and I were herding old people to their new rooms. | 我和Turk要把那群老人转移到新的病房 |
[00:06] | That’s a closet, Mr Jenkins. | 那是个柜子喔 Jenkins先生 |
[00:09] | Come on, Mr Benedetti. | 走快点儿Benedetti先生 |
[00:10] | You’re only a few thousand tiny steps away. | 你只差几千个小碎步就走过来了 |
[00:14] | J.D., we need to find a way to move these gomers faster. | J.D. 我们得想个办法让这群老人走快一点 |
[00:20] | All aboard the “Love Train”. | 欢迎大家登上“爱之船” |
[00:37] | That was a fun fantasy. I wish it didn’t have to end. | 那是个特别有趣的幻想 真希望不要结束 |
[00:42] | Hey. That’s a nice jacket, Ted. | 嗨Ted 你这夹克挺不错的 |
[00:48] | What is that, wool? | 是什么料子的 羊毛吗 |
[00:49] | It’s a poly-nylon blend. Do you really like it? | 是聚酯混尼龙的 你很喜欢吗 |
[00:52] | No. Bathroom’s just out of paper towels. | 没有 只是家里厕纸快用完了 |
[00:58] | I know it’s confusing, but these are your new rooms, okay? | 我知道你们还有点困惑 但这是你们的新房间 |
[01:02] | Please try to stay put. | 尽快安顿下来吧 |
[01:05] | Great. | 很好 |
[01:06] | Bye-bye. | 回头见 |
[01:10] | Since Elliot revealed that Dr Kelso is 65, | 因为Elliot提出Kelso医生已经65岁了 |
[01:12] | the Board was forcing him to retire in a few weeks. | 所以董事会决定让他几周后就退休 |
[01:16] | This is even worse than when they decided | 这个决定简直比 不让女性员工穿 |
[01:17] | that female staffers couldn’t wear open-toed shoes. | 露脚趾的鞋还要糟糕 |
[01:21] | Obviously, this is much worse. | 显然 糟糕太多了 |
[01:23] | But that sucked, too. | 但是那个规定确实也很糟糕 |
[01:25] | I feel like I’ve given my life | 我感觉我把我的一生 |
[01:27] | to this place and got nothing in return. | 都奉献给了这家医院 可是没有得到什么回报 |
[01:28] | I mean, is there an MRI machine in my basement? Maybe. | 我连一台核磁共振仪都没有捞到 不过也不一定 |
[01:32] | I guess I just wanted to end my career on my own terms, you know? | 我觉得我只是想按照自己的意愿结束职业生涯 |
[01:36] | We got to help him save his job. | 我们一定要帮他保住这份工作 |
[01:39] | – You guys are gonna help, right? – Of course. | – 你俩会帮忙的 对吧 – 当然 |
[01:41] | First we have to handle something. | 不过我们有件更棘手的事情要处理 |
[01:43] | Dr Cox had a patient that | Cox医生有个病人 |
[01:45] | he hadn’t been able to diagnose for two years. | 两年来他都不能确诊那个人到底得了什么病 |
[01:48] | And he was back again. | 现在那个病人又回来了 |
[01:49] | Look, Alex, I’m afraid I | Alex 我恐怕现在 |
[01:51] | still don’t know what’s causing all of this, | 还是不能确认你到底得了什么病 |
[01:53] | so I’m gonna go ahead and | 我继续去找病因 |
[01:54] | treat your heart palpitations with beta blockers. | 暂时用β受体阻滞剂治疗你的心悸 |
[01:57] | Turk and I couldn’t resist | 我和Turk忍不住想要 |
[01:58] | playing a little game called “Poke the bear.” | 玩一个叫做”挑衅大熊”的小游戏 |
[02:01] | So, Turk, yesterday I had this patient I just could not diagnose. | Turk 我昨天接待了一个病人可是不能确诊 |
[02:05] | Wow, you must have felt like a real jackass. | 唉 你肯定觉得自己是个大蠢货 |
[02:07] | I did feel like a jackass. | 我不觉得自己是蠢货啊 |
[02:09] | But then I was able to figure out what was wrong with him. | 因为我很快就查出他的病因了 |
[02:10] | Because I’m not a jackass. I’m a good doctor. | 因为我不是蠢货 我是个好医生 |
[02:13] | Okay, now just stay calm so he doesn’t know what you’re up to. | 好了 现在保持冷静 这样他就不知道你的意图了 |
[02:17] | Oh, no. Turk’s breaking. | 坏事了 Turk撑不住了 |
[02:20] | Quick! Distract the bear with a casual greeting. | 快 正常打个招呼分散大熊的注意力 |
[02:22] | Hi Dr Cox, how are things? | 嗨Cox医生 今天过得顺利吗 |
[02:26] | Oh my god that was amazing, I’ve never feel so alive in my whole life. | 天呐这感觉太赞了 我一辈子都没有觉得这么紧张过 |
[02:30] | My heart stopped for a second. | 我的心脏都要停止跳动了 |
[02:31] | – We made it. I love you, man. – I love you, too. | – 我们做到啦 我爱死你啦 – 我也是 |
[02:34] | You smell like an athlete. | 你闻起来像个运动员一样 |
[02:37] | – I need one of those. – A hug? | – 我也需要一个 – 一个拥抱吗 |
[02:40] | No, a black friend. I think it would make me much cooler. | 不是 一个黑人朋友 我觉得那会让我看起来更酷 |
[02:44] | I should be offended, but he’s right. | 我应该觉得被冒犯了 不过他说的对 |
[02:46] | Why are you so gloomy? | 你怎么这么萎靡啊 |
[02:48] | I thought you’d be super-psyched | 我还以为Kelso医生被强制退休了 |
[02:49] | that Kelso’s being forced out of his job. | 你会特别兴奋呢 |
[02:51] | Dr Kelso’s being forced out? | Kelso医生被强制退休了吗 |
[02:53] | I did not know that. | 我不知道啊 |
[02:55] | Will you excuse me for a moment? | 请稍等一下 |
[02:59] | I’m free! I’m free! | 我自由啦 我自由啦 |
[03:01] | I’m beautiful and I’m free! I’m free! | 我好幸福啊 我自由啦 我终于自由啦 |
[03:05] | Give me some sugar! | 来一个亲亲 |
[03:08] | It’s finally over! I’m free! | 终于结束了 我自由啦 |
[03:13] | Holy cow. Buddy, are you all right? | 我靠 伙计 你没事吧 |
[03:18] | Ted Ted? | |
[03:20] | Are you not talking because your mouth is filling up with blood? | 你是因为满嘴鲜血所以不能开口说话吗 |
[03:24] | You’re gonna pass out, aren’t you? Oh, boy. There he goes. | 你马上就要晕过去了对吧 嗯哼 果然 |
[03:47] | At certain times in our lives, we all get introspective. | 在生命中的某些时刻 我们都需要反省自己 |
[03:51] | Taking it all in, too? | 你也要开始新生活了吗 |
[03:53] | Why don’t you have a seat, son? | 干嘛不过来坐坐呢 孩子 |
[03:55] | Actually, sir, my shift is about to start, so I should… | 先生 我的换班时间马上就到了 所以 |
[03:58] | Son, I don’t care if the cure for cancer was laughter | 听着 我不管大笑是不是能治愈癌症 |
[04:01] | and you had Nipsey Russell in your backpack. Park it. | 也不管你包里装没装Nipsey Russell的碟 赶紧坐下 |
[04:05] | I want to get all nostalgic and crap. | 我想倾诉一下所有感时伤怀的情绪 唠叨唠叨 |
[04:08] | What’s that strange red puddle oozing towards us? | 咱们面前这些奇怪的红液体是怎么回事啊 |
[04:10] | That’s just Ted’s blood. | 是Ted的血而已 |
[04:12] | Apparently, he bit off a chunk of his tongue. | 很显然他把舌头咬掉了一块 |
[04:15] | Anyway, when I started here, I was only 26. | 不管那么多了 我26岁起开始在这里上班 |
[04:22] | And done. 23 stitches. | 缝好啦 23针 |
[04:26] | Here’s some painkillers. | 这是一些止痛药 |
[04:28] | I want you to take one of those every four hours, okay? | 你得每四个小时就吃一颗 知道吗 |
[04:33] | And no trying to talk. | 不要试图说话 |
[04:35] | I keep thinking about Kelso. He reminds me of my grandpa. | 我一直惦记着Kelso 他让我想到我爷爷 |
[04:39] | He’s pervy, demeaning, and an eensy bit racist, | 性格比较变态 爱贬低别人 还有那么一点种族歧视 |
[04:42] | but you crave his love anyway because he smells like peppermint. | 但是你特别渴望得到他的爱 因为他闻起来跟薄荷似的 |
[04:45] | I’ve always respected Kelso. He’s got a tough job. | 我一直都很敬佩Kelso 他的工作并不轻松 |
[04:48] | And I bet deep down, | 而且我敢打赌 在内心深处 |
[04:50] | everybody here wants us to help him keep it. | 这里的每个人都希望我们帮他保住这份工作 |
[04:53] | Ted, no talking. | Ted 别说话 |
[04:56] | We do know a Board member. | 我们刚好认识一个董事会成员啊 |
[05:02] | Why would anyone want to save Kelso’s job? | 为什么大家都想让Kelso留下呢 |
[05:05] | – For starters… – You know what? | – 首先 – 告诉你吧 |
[05:06] | I don’t honestly care one way or the other. | 我根本不在乎事情到底发展成什么结果 |
[05:09] | – About Kelso? – About anything. | – 关于Kelso吗 – 关于所有事情 |
[05:11] | But then again, you two are young enough and attractive enough | 不过话说回来了 你俩又年轻又漂亮 |
[05:15] | that I’m not angry when | 有人假装把我当朋友的时候 |
[05:16] | people assume we’re friends, so what the hell? | 我心情就很好 所以我愿意帮你们一把 |
[05:18] | Here’s what you do, | 你们就这么办 |
[05:20] | Board members hate confrontation. | 董事会成员都不喜欢持久战 |
[05:22] | There’s a Board meeting tonight. | 今晚就有个会议 |
[05:24] | Just show up at the hospital with all the movers and shakers | 到时你们把医院所有的大人物都集中起来 |
[05:26] | in support of Kelso, they’ll cave. | 过来支持Kelso 他们就会让步了 |
[05:29] | All right. | 好的 |
[05:30] | Okay, I’ll support Kelso. | 没问题 我支持Kelso |
[05:32] | But, in return, | 但是作为回报 |
[05:34] | I want you to put me in a | 我要你们把我装在一个等身的 |
[05:34] | full body cast and take me to the airport. | 集装箱里 然后把我运到机场 |
[05:36] | I’ll explain later. | 我稍后再解释原因 |
[05:37] | Why would we do that? | 我们为什么要帮你啊 |
[05:39] | Because I’m the biggest mover and shaker in this dump. | 因为我是这里最有号召力的人啦 |
[05:42] | – Come on. – You handle this. And be nice. | – 怎么样 – 你来处理 态度好一点 |
[05:45] | All right. | 好的 |
[05:46] | Are you familiar with the term “Delusions of grandeur”? | 你知道”自大妄想症”这个词吗 |
[05:49] | I believe I coined that term. | 我觉得是我让这个词发扬光大的 |
[05:52] | Look, I’m a simple unassuming janitor | 我只是一个可以用意念控制他人行为的 |
[05:54] | who can control people’s actions with his mind. | 普通清洁工而已 |
[05:57] | Observe. | 看好了 |
[05:59] | Explode! | 爆炸 |
[06:03] | If that would’ve worked it | 要是那一下成功了 |
[06:04] | would’ve freaked you out. You’d have loved it! | 肯定就把你吓死了 你会爱上这个魔法的 |
[06:07] | Fall. | 摔倒 |
[06:11] | Hello? | 人呢 |
[06:15] | I think this might be the | 我觉得这应该是 |
[06:16] | thousandth time I’ve peed in a cup for you, Doc. | 我第一千次采集尿样给你了吧 |
[06:18] | Well then, to us. | 好的 敬我们 |
[06:22] | – Hard to celebrate? – Yeah. | – 高兴不起来吗 – 是的 |
[06:24] | I got it. | 我理解 |
[06:28] | Jeez Louise, can you believe how many files I have on this guy? | 上帝啊 你们知道我在这家伙身上花了多少工夫吗 |
[06:31] | The only way I’ve been able | 我得用自行车的弹簧 |
[06:32] | to bind them together is with this bike bungee. | 才能把我查过的这些资料捆起来 |
[06:35] | Hang on to that for a second, will you, please? | 你帮我抓一下 可以吗 |
[06:36] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[06:37] | I don’t think he realises we were making fun of him earlier. | 我觉得他没有察觉到我们之前是在取笑他 |
[06:40] | Say, what’s up with your arm? | 咦 你胳膊上是什么啊 |
[06:45] | Oh, boy. | 喔天呐 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry, dude. That was awesome. | 你还好吧 不过真是太好玩了哈哈 |
[06:55] | Dr Cox, we’re sorry. Don’t worry, though. | Cox医生 对不起 不过你别担心 |
[06:57] | Turk and I are gonna help you diagnose this patient. | 我和Turk会帮你把那个病人的病症查出来的 |
[07:00] | But it’s terrific because I’m so darn lost, | 那太好了 我已经彻底不知道怎么办了 |
[07:02] | I just keep procrastinating. | 我就这么一直拖着 |
[07:04] | I check my email or I pick up a copy of US Weekly | 每天查收邮件 看看美国周报 |
[07:07] | to see which of my favourite celebs is bringing back the fedora. | 看哪个我最爱的明星可以把浅顶软尼帽的风潮再刮起来 |
[07:10] | It’s Johnny Depp, by the way. | 顺便说一下 是Johnny Depp |
[07:12] | He doesn’t think we could help. | 他不觉得咱们可以帮到他 |
[07:13] | I’d look good in a fedora. | 我戴那个帽子肯定特别好看 |
[07:14] | Turk, focus. We’re being insulted. | Turk 专注一点 我们现在被侮辱了 |
[07:16] | I’m tired of you not focusing when someone insults us. | 我都烦死了 每次别人羞辱咱们你还心不在焉的 |
[07:18] | It ends up all on me. | 最后受辱的都是我 |
[07:20] | Hey, if you really want to be useful, | 要是你们真的想做些什么 |
[07:22] | make like an orderly and take that urine sample down to the lab. | 别耍小聪明了 把那个尿样送到楼下实验室 |
[07:26] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[07:30] | Money, right? | 很不错吧 是不是 |
[07:32] | How does that have anything to do with what Dr Cox said? | 这跟Cox医生说的话有什么关系啊 |
[07:34] | What did Dr Cox say? | Cox医生说什么啦 |
[07:37] | Afternoon, Mr Mandelbaum. | 下午好 Mandelbaum先生 |
[07:41] | Shouldn’t we stop him? | 我们不用拦住他吗 |
[07:43] | No, the security guard will keep him out of traffic. | 不用 保安会把他从交通道上拖走的 |
[07:48] | You know, when I was an intern, they made us work 60-hour shifts. | 我当时实习的时候 他们让我们工作60小时换一次班 |
[07:56] | Yeah, quite a few colleagues got drummed out | 是啊 很多同事都被开除了 |
[07:58] | because they couldn’t cope. | 因为他们不能负荷高强度的工作 |
[08:00] | The rest of us were so sleep deprived, | 我们剩下的几个人几乎都睡不了觉 |
[08:03] | we could barely manage to stay sane. | 保持清醒都非常困难 |
[08:06] | I’ll never forget the day we caught Seth Finkel | 我永远都忘不了那天 我们发现Seth Finkel |
[08:09] | gently cradling a cadaver head | 温柔的抱着一个尸首 |
[08:11] | which he swore belonged to his ex-girlfriend, Millie. | 坚持说那是他前女友Millie的头 |
[08:17] | A year later Seth actually did kill Millie. | 一年后Seth果真把Millie杀了 |
[08:21] | Ironically, Millie donated her body to science | 讽刺的是Millie把遗体捐给了科研机构 |
[08:24] | and that spring, we caught another intern cradling her dead head. | 那年春天 我们就遇到了另一个抱着她头颅的实习生 |
[08:32] | Life’s little cycles. | 生活真是不断重复啊 |
[08:34] | Can’t believe that was almost 40 years ago. | 真不敢相信都过去四十年了 |
[08:38] | Sir? | 先生 |
[08:45] | You tell them, Mandelbaum! | Mandelbaum你个大傻瓜 |
[08:51] | Hey, slick. | 嗨智多星 |
[08:52] | Will you come to the Board meeting tonight to help Dr Kelso? | 你今晚会来参加董事会议支持Kelso医生吗 |
[08:54] | Now why on Earth would I do that? | 我凭什么那么做啊 |
[08:56] | For some reason, she thinks if you call a man “Slick,” | 出于某些原因 她觉得如果你叫一个男人”智多星” |
[08:58] | he’ll do anything for you. | 那个男人就会为你赴汤蹈火 |
[08:59] | It also works on lesbians, so… | 对于拉拉也适用 |
[09:01] | Come on. | 拜托啦 |
[09:03] | You know that deep down | 你内心深处 |
[09:03] | inside you’re okay with Kelso running this place. | 肯定是支持Kelso医生继续在这里工作的 |
[09:06] | Deep down, I hate Bob Kelso and wish he would die painfully. | 内心深处的话 我恨死他了 希望他痛苦的死去 |
[09:10] | Here’s the research you wanted. | 这是你要的资料 |
[09:12] | Thanks, slick. | 谢啦 智多星 |
[09:13] | Look, Kelso’s a pain in the ass. You know what I say? | Kelso就是个爱找茬的人 你知道我想说什么吗 |
[09:16] | Bring on the next pain in the ass. | 换下一个爱找茬的人来吧 |
[09:18] | Hermione, have you seen Mr Macrae’s urine test? | 聪明的赫敏 你拿到Macrae先生的尿样测试结果了吗 |
[09:21] | I’m on it, slick. | 我正要去拿呢 智多星 |
[09:23] | You don’t remember where you left that cup of pee, do you? | 你想不起来你把那个尿样杯放哪儿了 是吧 |
[09:25] | No clue. We have to find it or he’s gonna kill us. | 一点也想不起来 咱们必须找到 不然他会杀了咱们 |
[09:28] | Us? Try you. He’s not killing me. | 咱们吗 是你吧 他肯定不杀我 |
[09:30] | Why is it getting harder to walk? | 怎么走路这么费劲儿啊 |
[09:37] | Dude. | 天呐 |
[09:41] | That was lucky. | 我真是太走运了 |
[09:44] | So, have you killed anyone yet? | 所以 你目前为止杀过人了吗 |
[09:46] | What? No. | 什么 当然没有 |
[09:48] | Well, you will. | 嗯 你会的 |
[09:50] | Super. | 好吧 |
[09:52] | It’s a rite of passage for doctors. | 那是医生的一种通过仪式 |
[09:56] | If you’re lucky, it’ll be a patient who’s on his way out anyway. | 如果幸运的话 可能你刚好赶上一个将死的病人 |
[10:01] | My first kill was a 19-year-old girl. | 我第一个误杀的人是个19岁的女孩 |
[10:05] | She came in with severe abdominal pain. | 她因为严重的腹痛住院 |
[10:08] | I thought it was appendicitis. | 我还以为是阑尾炎 |
[10:11] | Turned out she was pregnant and didn’t know it. | 结果是她怀孕了而且自己不知道 |
[10:16] | It was ectopic and she was bleeding internally. | 其实她是宫外孕外加内部出血 |
[10:21] | I should’ve checked for that. | 我应该想到去检查一下的 |
[10:24] | But by the time I discovered my mistake, it was too late. | 等我发现误诊的时候 已经太晚了 |
[10:29] | Sometimes I look at this old hospital, | 有时候我看着这家历经沧桑的医院 |
[10:31] | I actually see the faces of all the patients I’ve lost. | 我就好像看到了所有我没能挽救过来的病人 |
[10:43] | Priceless. | 生命是无价的啊 |
[10:46] | But I do see them sometimes. | 但是我有时候真的会看到他们 |
[10:51] | We don’t need Dr Cox, you know? | 我们不需要Cox医生帮我们了 |
[10:52] | We’ll round up everyone else. And not just the doctors, | 我们把这里其他所有人都动员起来 不只是医生 |
[10:54] | we’ll get all the non-medical personnel, too. | 非医务人员也包括在内 |
[10:56] | Good idea. Ted? | 好主意 Ted |
[11:00] | Who would you say is the leader of the support staff? | 你觉得谁是后勤人员里最有号召力的人 |
[11:07] | Well, well. Look who’s come crawling back | 哇哦 看看是谁恬不知耻的从绝望的荒漠爬回来 |
[11:10] | through the desert of shame to the oasis of hope, | 找我这个希望的绿洲啊 |
[11:13] | begging for just one sip of cool Janitor forgiveness. | 只为了祈求狂拽酷炫清洁工的一丁点原谅 |
[11:17] | Well, the answer’s no. | 哼 答案是 绝不原谅 |
[11:19] | Please, Janitor. | 求求你嘛 清洁工叔叔 |
[11:21] | All right, I’m in. Doggone it. | 好吧 我加入你们 妈的 |
[11:22] | I cannot resist that adorable mug of yours. | 我抵制不了你那张可爱的脸的诱惑 |
[11:24] | I would have to throw a cup of | 真想把一杯硫酸泼过去 |
[11:25] | acid on it to keep it from having power over me. | 避免它把我给洗脑了 |
[11:29] | Okay. So we just have to round up everyone else. | 好啦 现在只需要把其他人召集起来就可以了 |
[11:32] | That should be easy. | 那应该非常容易 |
[11:35] | That was impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[11:38] | Where did I leave that stupid pee? | 我到底把那该死的尿放哪儿了 |
[11:40] | Dude, retrace your steps. | 兄弟 回想一遍刚才走过的路 |
[11:41] | Okay. I remember we were walking this way, | 好 我记得咱们从这条路走过去 |
[11:43] | and you had to stop Mrs Butler | 然后你拦住了Butler太太 |
[11:45] | -from wandering out of her room again… -No | -在她房间门口瞎晃悠 -不 |
[11:46] | No. Mrs Butler, back in here. | 不 Butler太太 快回去房间 |
[11:50] | – Then I got paged to surgery. – Right. | – 然后我准备去做手术 – 没错 |
[11:51] | And I came with you to cheer you on and to hold your fedora. | 然后我去给你加油 并且帮你拿你的帽子 |
[11:54] | And then we went out to the ramp to celebrate. | 接着咱们就在活动梯外面庆祝 |
[11:58] | There it is. | 就在这儿 |
[12:00] | Why would it turn purple? | 为什么变紫了呢 |
[12:03] | You know, those two remind me | 这两个家伙总让我想起 |
[12:05] | of a couple of dogs I had when I was a boy. | 我小时候养的两条狗 |
[12:08] | JoJo and Spike. | JoJo和Spike |
[12:11] | One day, JoJo got his head stuck in the mailbox | 有一天 JoJo把头卡在信箱里了 |
[12:13] | and Spike went over to try to | Spike跑过去想要救他 |
[12:15] | help him and got his head wedged in there, too, | 然后把他的头也卡在里面了 |
[12:17] | and they both suffocated. | 最后他们俩都窒息而死 |
[12:19] | They were extremely dumb animals, but close. | 真是蠢到极点的动物啊 但是他们彼此感情很深 |
[12:24] | Sir, my shift started two hours ago. | 先生 我的交接班时间已经过了两个小时了 |
[12:26] | I should really go. | 我真的得走了 |
[12:29] | You know, there are some things | 你知道吗 在医院工作的 |
[12:31] | I sure as hell will not miss about this place. | 一些感悟 我是永远都不会忘记的 |
[12:34] | Like how, more often than not, medical skill doesn’t matter. | 比如说 大多数时候 医术好不好并不是关键 |
[12:38] | It all comes down to dumb luck. | 靠的都是狗屎运 |
[12:41] | Okay, I’m googling purple pee. | 好 我现在搜一下紫色的尿是怎么回事 |
[12:43] | Google that bitch! | 把那个贱货搜出来 |
[12:45] | That’s it. We left it in the sun. | 找到了 我们把它放在阳光下 |
[12:47] | “If urine exposed to UV light turns purple, | “如果尿样在紫外线照射下变成紫色 |
[12:49] | It’s a sign of a rare genetic | 这是一种罕见的基因紊乱疾病 |
[12:50] | disorder called Acute Intermittent Porphyria. | 叫做 急性间歇性紫质症 |
[12:53] | Symptoms include bloating, high blood pressure, seizures.” | 症状包括腹胀 高血压 癫痫” |
[12:57] | Cox’s patient has all of those. | Cox医生的病人全都中招了 |
[12:59] | We figured it out. | 我们查出来啦 |
[13:01] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[13:02] | *In his face!* | *打他的脸* |
[13:07] | Or how you can often have more questions than answers. | 或者你发现的问题永远比得到的答案多 |
[13:10] | I just don’t understand why no one will help us save Kelso’s job. | 为什么没有人愿意帮我们一起保住Kelso的工作 |
[13:14] | That’s easy. Word got out that he wants Kelso gone. | 答案很简单 众所周知 他想让Kelso滚蛋 |
[13:17] | And no one wants to cross him because he’s a scary guy. | 没人惹得起他 因为他是个狠角色 |
[13:20] | Now I’m not scared of him, but that’s because I’m magic. | 我当然不怕他 不过那是因为我有魔力 |
[13:24] | Is he dancing? | 他跳舞了吗 |
[13:26] | – No. – No. | – 没有 – 没有 |
[13:28] | Or how every day in this place is made up of little battles. | 以及这里的每一天是怎样充斥着零星的战争的 |
[13:32] | Or how around here, once the ball starts rolling, | 或者说 一旦雪球滚起来 |
[13:35] | there’s not much you can do to… | 你也没有什么办法让它停下 |
[13:38] | Sorry, sir, did you have another? | 对不起啊 你还有什么别的说辞吗 |
[13:40] | Or how around here, once the ball starts rolling, | 或者一旦雪球滚起来 |
[13:43] | there’s not much you can do to stop it. | 你也没有什么办法让它停下 |
[13:48] | He’s out of here. | 他真的要走了 |
[13:51] | Or how patients don’t appreciate their doctors any more. | 或者病人再也不信任他们的主治医师了 |
[13:55] | Or how medical skill doesn’t matter, it’s all just dumb luck. | 或者医术并没有什么太大用处 全靠狗屎运 |
[13:59] | – You already said that one, sir. – Son, my blood sugar is low, | – 这个你已经说过了 – 孩子 我有低血糖的毛病 |
[14:03] | and unless you have a candy bar | 除非你能在那个娘不啦几的背包里 |
[14:04] | in that gay little knapsack of yours, | 拿出块儿糖给我吃 |
[14:06] | shush it. | 不然你就给我闭嘴 |
[14:08] | Or how if you get to the cafeteria past 5:00, | 或者你如果在五点之后才去餐厅 |
[14:11] | they’re always out of pie. | 就永远都抢不到好吃的派了 |
[14:13] | Damn it! | 操 |
[14:14] | What, do you buy, like, one pie for the whole hospital? | 那个 你们是不是只给全医院的人买一块儿派啊 |
[14:19] | You ask him. If I do it, he’ll say something mean | 你来问他 要是我问的话 他就会说一些非常刻薄的话 |
[14:21] | that will really hurt my feelings. | 狠狠伤透我的心 |
[14:23] | We want you to reconsider helping Kelso. | 我们想让你重新考虑一下帮帮Kelso |
[14:25] | Could I get a “Hell, no” From any random doctor? | 随便谁能帮我说一句”绝对不可能”吗 |
[14:27] | – Hell no! – Thank you, whomever. | – 绝对不可能 – 不管是谁 谢啦 |
[14:29] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get far, | 听着 你们要是再来打扰我 我就会躲的远远的 |
[14:31] | far away from annoying people, | 远离那些恼人的家伙 |
[14:32] | especially whiny childless blondes | 尤其是那种爱发牢骚 断子绝孙 |
[14:35] | with stained coffee teeth. | 还有一口咖啡黄牙的金发女郎 |
[14:38] | Look at that. He got you anyway. | 看吧 不管怎么样他都能伤到你 |
[14:44] | What the hell is this? | 你们俩究竟在干什么 |
[14:50] | What’s the occasion? | 发生什么事儿了 |
[14:51] | Did Barbie finally wax her tiny annoying moustache? | 芭比终于给她那一撮儿碍眼的小胡子打蜡了吗 |
[14:55] | Stop saying mean things about me! I’m not even talking to you! | 别再对我说刻薄的话了 我根本就没有招惹你 |
[14:59] | We diagnosed your patient, buddy. | 我们诊断出你的病人了 |
[15:00] | – He’s got Acute Intermittent Porphyria. – What? | – 他得的是急性间歇性紫质症 – 什么 |
[15:03] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果让你觉得心里平衡一点的话 |
[15:05] | it did almost take us three hours. | 我们花了三个小时才查出来的 |
[15:08] | Oh, for the love of God. | 天呐 感谢上帝 |
[15:12] | 1985 was gonna be my year. | 1985年是我收获很多的一年 |
[15:15] | Reaganomics was in full swing, | 里根的经济政策全面实行 |
[15:17] | Enid’s implants hadn’t exploded yet | 伊尼德的移植术还没有风靡 |
[15:19] | and best of all, they made me Chief of Medicine, | 最重要的是 他们提拔我当了首席医学官 |
[15:21] | so I was the king, right? | 看起来我权倾一时了对吧 |
[15:24] | Wrong-o. | 并不是 |
[15:25] | I realised fast that in order to keep this old place going, | 我很快就意识到为了让医院更好的运作 |
[15:28] | I had to make one unpopular decision after another, | 我必须要做一些不受欢迎的决策 |
[15:31] | regardless of who hated me for it. | 不管他们是不是恨我 |
[15:35] | And that was a lonely realisation, son. | 那是一种孤独的觉醒啊 孩子 |
[15:39] | And here comes my biggest fan. | 我最大的粉丝过来了 |
[15:42] | Bob, there is finally a diagnosis on Mr Macrae. | Bob Macrae先生的诊断结果终于出来了 |
[15:46] | He has Acute Intermittent Porphyria, | 他得的是急性间歇性紫质症 |
[15:48] | and now his insurance company wants him discharged immediately. | 现在他的保险公司想让他马上出院 |
[15:51] | I’d like to fudge the | 我想伪造一些 |
[15:52] | paperwork a little bit, keep him around longer,and | 证明文件 让他可以再医院多住一阵子 |
[15:54] | teach him how to manage his disease. | 然后教他怎么样控制病情 |
[15:56] | – No. – I realise that your heart is made up | – 不可以 – 我发现你的心大部分是用 |
[15:59] | mostly of muffin bits, the souls of little babies and the denture grip | 松饼屑 婴儿的魂魄和假牙固定剂做的 |
[16:02] | you swallow every time you suck your teeth | 每吞一次食物 你就会舔牙齿 |
[16:04] | to get out the muffin bits and baby souls stuck in there, | 把松饼屑舔出来 可是婴儿的魂魄还在那里 |
[16:07] | but what do you care? | 不过对你来说也没什么大不了的 |
[16:08] | You’re not even gonna be around any more. | 反正你马上就要走了 |
[16:10] | Damn it, I’m still Chief. | 去你的 我现在还是首席医生呢 |
[16:12] | Now, | 既然这样 |
[16:13] | if you want to fudge the paperwork, I want a promise from you | 如果你想伪造文书 你必须给我一个承诺 |
[16:17] | that you will publish a paper on the case. Deal? | 你会就这个案例发表一篇文章 怎么样同意吗 |
[16:21] | Deal. | 同意 |
[16:22] | He’ll never publish a paper on that case. | 他肯定不会用那个案例发表文章的 |
[16:26] | He knows just how to play me. | 他总是知道怎么耍我 |
[16:28] | Sure, he likes to pretend that I win more than he does, | 他喜欢假装我赢过他的次数多一点 |
[16:32] | but he walks away victorious more often than not. | 不过他今天步子迈的比平时更猖狂 |
[16:37] | There’s gotta be a way to get Dr Cox to change his mind. | 肯定有办法让Cox医生改主意 |
[16:40] | Perry does not sway so easily. | Perry可不是一个墙头草 |
[16:42] | Unlike your husband, who would probably cave | 你以为他是你老公啊 你只要露一对胸 |
[16:43] | if you showed him your cans. | 他就马上妥协了 |
[16:45] | Don’t even have to show him both. | 露一个胸就够了 |
[16:47] | The left one’s cooler. Looks like a sea lion’s face. | 犹抱琵琶半遮面才更诱惑 像海狮的脸一样 |
[16:50] | It does. Turk drew it for me. | 没错 Turk给我画过一个 |
[16:52] | Come on, Jordan, think. There’s got to be a way. | 快啊Jordan 快想想 肯定有什么方法 |
[16:54] | Oh, my God, enough. | 上帝啊 受够了 |
[16:56] | You know, there might be something I can do to change his mind. | 可能确实有个办法 能让他改变主意 |
[17:03] | So here’s the truth, | 真实的情况是 |
[17:05] | I was only able to diagnose your patient | 我之所以能诊断出你的病人 |
[17:07] | when I left his urine outside in the sun where | 是因为把他的尿样放在了阳光下 |
[17:09] | it turned purple. | 然后尿样变成紫色了 |
[17:10] | Then I googled “Purple pee” And the Internet gave me the answer. | 我上网查了一下”紫色的尿” 然后有了答案 |
[17:14] | The universe makes sense again. | 嗯 宇宙自有他的道理 |
[17:16] | But please don’t think this | 但是你别想以此说服我 |
[17:18] | is going to make me change my mind about Kelso. | 让我改变主意去帮Kelso |
[17:20] | What if I was to sweeten the deal with a sketch of Carla’s boob? | 要是我拿这个Carla胸部的素描给你 你能让步吗 |
[17:25] | That’s an otter. | 那是个水獭吧 |
[17:29] | Even though I knew it was coming eventually, | 尽管我知道这一天早晚会来的 |
[17:32] | it still shook me when | 但是听到董事会说 我必须 |
[17:33] | the Board said I had to leave Sacred Heart. | 得离开圣心医院 我还是觉得很震惊 |
[17:37] | But you know that, don’t you? | 不过你了解我所有的感受 对吧 |
[17:39] | You’ve been sitting here listening to me yap all day. | 你都坐在这听我讲了一天的废话了 |
[17:42] | By the way, what’s your name, son? | 对了 你叫什么名字啊孩子 |
[17:45] | Boon, sir. | 我叫Boon |
[17:46] | My God, what a ridiculous name. Boon. | 天呐 多滑稽的名字 Boon |
[17:49] | Boon. My name is Boon. | Boon 我的名字是Boon |
[17:54] | Well, I guess you should go, Boon. | 好了 我觉得你该去上班了 Boon |
[17:58] | Really? Thank you, sir. | 真的吗 太感谢你了先生 |
[18:05] | So you think my next 20 years here will be a nightmare? | 所以 我在这里的20年会是一场噩梦吗 |
[18:09] | No. I think you’ll love it. | 不 我觉得你会爱上它的 |
[18:20] | I have news, Mr Macrae. | 我有个消息要告诉你Macrae先生 |
[18:23] | You have Acute Intermittent Porphyria. | 你得的是急性间歇性紫质症 |
[18:25] | Now, while that is manageable, | 尽管病情可以得到控制 |
[18:27] | I’m afraid there is no cure. | 但是我恐怕根治是不太可能了 |
[18:31] | And then we got a response we didn’t expect. | 然后我们得到了令人惊讶的答复 |
[18:33] | Oh, man. I couldn’t be happier. | 太好了 我再高兴不过了 |
[18:37] | Excuse me? | 为什么啊 |
[18:39] | Just knowing what it is | 知道到底得了什么病 |
[18:40] | makes it so much easier to deal with, you know? | 然后再去面对它就轻松多了 你觉得呢 |
[18:43] | And then I saw something click in Dr Cox. | 我看到了有什么念头在Cox医生脑海里一闪而过 |
[18:46] | What Mr Macrae was saying, is that the enemy you know | Macrae先生的意思是 知道你的敌人是谁 |
[18:49] | is always better than the one you don’t. | 总比不知道他是谁强多了 |
[18:52] | The Board meeting is about to start. It’s just the three of you? | 董事会议马上就要开始了 就只有你们三个人吗 |
[18:55] | I’ll probably say a few words as well. | 我也会做一个简短的发言 |
[18:57] | Mostly about the potential of mind control in modern medicine. | 主要关于思维控制在现代医学的发展前景 |
[19:00] | This should go well. | 那肯定会成功的 |
[19:02] | Wait. There’s more people coming. | 等一下 还有更多人要来参加 |
[19:04] | When? | 什么时候 |
[19:05] | Right now. Love Train. | 马上 “爱之火车”开动 |
[19:17] | Well, you could’ve made a bigger entrance. | 好吧 你们的出场可以更加声势浩大一点 |
[19:19] | Let’s get this over before I puke. | 在我恶心吐了之前赶紧把这事儿搞定 |
[19:30] | Well, Bob, your employees really stood by you. | Bob 你的员工真是站在你这边啊 |
[19:33] | – They pointed out to the Board that… – Hi. | – 他们向董事会提出 – 嗨 |
[19:36] | Well, you run a tight ship. | 你把医院管理得很好 |
[19:38] | And actually, we’d like you to stay on. | 所以 我们希望你继续留下来工作 |
[19:42] | Girls, thank you for saving my job. | 姑娘们 谢谢你们帮我保住了工作 |
[19:46] | The one thing I wanted was to end things on my own terms, | 我唯一想做的就是自己主动退休 |
[19:49] | and since you’re letting me, | 现在既然你们给了我这个机会 |
[19:52] | you can shove it up your ass, Rodney. | 你可以省掉一个麻烦了 Rodney |
[19:57] | I’m out of here. | 我主动离开这里 |
[20:06] | I’m taking this with me, damn it. | 我要把这个带走 哼 |
[20:15] | Thanks for everything, Ted. Sincerely. | 谢谢你所做的一切 Ted 真心的 |
[20:19] | You’re welcome, sir. | 不用客气 先生 |
[20:27] | I wonder if he even cared about this place at all. | 我真想知道他是不是根本就没有在意过这个地方 |
[20:31] | Yeah. He did. | 他真的非常在意 |