时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Things were the same around here. | 医院里还是一切如故 |
[00:04] | Dr. Kelso was retired… | Kelso医生退休了 |
[00:06] | No. | 这个不好 |
[00:07] | But he had also won free muffins for life, | 但他也赢得了终生的免费麦芬蛋糕 |
[00:09] | so he still came to the hospital every day. | 所以他还是每天都来医院 |
[00:12] | Good morning, people. | 大家早上好啊 |
[00:14] | – Hi, Bob. – Hi, Bob. | – 嗨 Bob – 嗨 Bob |
[00:16] | Hey, Anderson, before I retired, | 嘿 Anderson 在我退休之前 |
[00:18] | we never got to have a heart-to-heart. | 我们从来都没有坦白地谈谈心 |
[00:20] | I’m not really a touchy-feely type, but, | 我不是那种感情外露的人 但是 |
[00:23] | well, hell, I’ll just say it. You’re a jackass. | 见鬼 我就直说吧 你就是一蠢蛋 |
[00:28] | As usual, Turk and I were working our asses off. | 一如往常 Turk和我忙得晕头转向 |
[00:31] | Aw, man. You and Izzy are here? | 噢 不是吧 你跟Izzy在这儿啊 |
[00:33] | I wanted to watch… Oh, nice, it’s already on. | 我还想看 噢 赞 已经开始了 |
[00:38] | It’s a good one. The letter’s J. | 这集好看 是讲字母”J”的 |
[00:41] | And Dr. Cox was once again torturing the new interns. | 而Cox医生再一次开始了对新实习生的折磨 |
[00:44] | Before we start rounds today, who watches Deal or No Deal? | 今天我们开始巡房之前 有谁看<一掷千金>的吗 |
[00:49] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[00:51] | And you, Legally Blonde, | 你 医护俏佳人 |
[00:53] | name the three possible causes of this patient’s hematemesis. | 说出这个病人呕血的三个可能病因 |
[00:57] | Peptic ulcer disease, esophageal varices, | 消化性溃疡疾病 食道静脉曲张 |
[01:00] | or Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome? | 或是卓艾综合症 |
[01:04] | – That’s actually correct. – Yes. | – 居然对了 – 耶 |
[01:06] | And if you’re wondering why I say “Actually,” | 如果你在奇怪为什么我说了”居然” |
[01:09] | you’ve proven to be such a vapid, helpless incompetent, | 因为你已经被证实是如此得无趣 无用 无能 |
[01:12] | that for you to say something | 以至于你说出任何正确答案 |
[01:13] | correct is a wild departure from the norm. | 都是一种与正常情况巨大的背离 |
[01:16] | Therefore, I decided I had better pick a word | 因此 我觉得我最好用一个词 |
[01:18] | that drew attention to the | 来引起注意一下 |
[01:20] | fact that it was such an extraordinary occurrence. | 这个事件的发生是多么得难得 |
[01:22] | And I went ahead and chose “Actually.” | 所以我就选了”居然” |
[01:24] | Zwa! | 嗞哇 |
[01:25] | Who made that noise? | 刚才那声谁发出来的 |
[01:27] | I did. | 是我 |
[01:28] | I’m a little tired of her chipper attitude, | 我有点儿厌烦她那神气活现的态度了 |
[01:30] | so it’s cool to see you just slam her. | 所以看到你损她挺爽的 |
[01:31] | So I just went, “Zwa.” | 我就叫了一声”嗞哇” |
[01:33] | So, if I were to ask you a question, like, | 所以如果我要问你一个问题 比如 |
[01:36] | what is the next diagnostic | 怎样才能进一步确诊 |
[01:37] | move in checking for Zollinger-Ellison | 是卓艾综合症 |
[01:39] | and you didn’t know, I would say “Zwa.” | 但你不知道 我就也来一声 “嗞哇” |
[01:42] | No, ’cause I know the answer. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy. Zwa. | 你不能 因为我知道答案 食管胃十二指肠镜检查 嗞哇 |
[01:48] | Good. But mark my words, I will zwa you by the end of the day. | 很好 但是记住我的话 今天之内我一定把你嗞哇回去 |
[01:51] | Now, since the rest of your brains are so tiny, | 好了 既然你们其他人的脑袋瓜都只有那么一丁点大 |
[01:53] | from now on I’ll speak like a caveman. | 现在开始我就像洞穴人一样讲话 |
[01:55] | You. Bad doctors. Me. Good doctor. You follow. | 你们 差医生 我 好医生 你们跟着 |
[02:01] | Hey, did you guys hear that they’re starting to interview | 嘿 你们听说他们要开始面试 |
[02:03] | for the new Chief of Medicine? | 新的内科主任了吗 |
[02:04] | Actually, they already found someone. | 其实 他们已经找好人了 |
[02:06] | That’s right, knuckleheads. There’s a new Chief in town. | 没错 傻蛋们 你们的新主任驾到喽 |
[02:11] | That was a mistake. | 你会后悔的 |
[02:13] | I’ll be watching you, John Dorian. | 我会盯着你的 John Dorian |
[02:16] | And guess what? My eyes never close. | 猜猜怎么着 我的眼睛永远都不会闭上 |
[02:21] | Mine neither. | 我的也是 |
[02:25] | Actually, they do. That was a lie. | 事实上 它们会闭 我撒谎了 |
[02:28] | I grew up on the street. | 我是在街上长大的 |
[02:30] | No, not the hood, the Sesame Street. | 不是说我住在街头 而是看着芝麻街长大的 |
[02:49] | Patient. Iron high. Heart swollen big. | 病人 含铁量高 心脏肿大 |
[02:52] | You. What make sick? | 你们 什么病 |
[02:54] | Could it be hemochromatosis? | 会不会是血色素沉着症 |
[02:56] | Correct. Rounds over. You go. | 正确 巡房结束 你们走 |
[03:01] | Thoughts on the beard? | 对胡子有什么看法吗 |
[03:02] | – I like it. – Thank you, Perry. | – 我喜欢 – 谢谢你 Perry |
[03:04] | Of course, I’m totally in favor of anything | 没什么 任何能遮住你之前 |
[03:06] | that covers up parts of your face that were previously uncovered. | 脸上裸露部分的东西都能获得我绝对的赞同 |
[03:09] | Yay, you hurt my feelings. | 耶 你成功伤害了我的感情 |
[03:11] | So, which intern are each of you guys gonna choose this year | 那么 你们今年打算选哪一个实习生 |
[03:13] | to be your personal protege-slash-lackey? | 来当你们的个人门徒兼佣人呢 |
[03:17] | I’m going with Katie because she’s not a jerk anymore. | 我要选Katie因为她不再犯浑了 |
[03:19] | Plus we’ve got the same hair. | 而且我们有一样的头发 |
[03:21] | At first I thought I was gonna mentor both Neil and Garrett, | 一开始我以为我要指导Neil和Garrett两个人 |
[03:24] | because they always ask me to go rollerblading… | 因为他们总是约我去滑旱冰 |
[03:26] | Let it go. We don’t have the time. | 算了吧 我们没那时间 |
[03:28] | And then I thought, why not pick a woman? | 后来我转念一想 干嘛不选个女人呢 |
[03:30] | Have a little feminine energy in my life. | 给我的生活注入一点女性的活力 |
[03:33] | You mean like the kind of | 你是说那种从你身上 |
[03:34] | energy that seeps out of every pore in your body? | 每个毛孔里都渗透出来的活力吗 |
[03:37] | Elliot, why? | Elliot 为什么要这样对我 |
[03:38] | You knew that he was gonna say it. | 你知道反正他也会这样说的 |
[03:39] | I thought it would hurt less coming from me. | 我想从我嘴里说出来伤害可能没那么大 |
[03:41] | Well, then, thank you. Let’s do this. | 那谢你了 咱们上吧 |
[03:46] | – Can you help me out with something? – You. Me. Help. | – 你能帮我个忙吗 – 你 我 帮忙 |
[03:48] | Of course, Dr. Dorian. | 当然了 Dorian医生 |
[03:50] | All right, Denise, I’m going | 好了 Denise 我即将 |
[03:51] | to kick your butt with scut work for a while, | 用烦杂的差事好好折磨你一阵子 |
[03:54] | still I really want you to be yourself around me. | 不过 我真的希望你在我面前做自己就好了 |
[03:56] | Do you really mean that, sir? | 你是说真的吗 先生 |
[03:58] | “Sir.” Loving this girl’s energy. | “先生” 就喜欢这种女孩的活力 |
[04:01] | I mean every word, young miss. | 字字当真 小姐 |
[04:04] | Well, buddy, you have no idea how psyched I am to hear that. | 老兄 你不知道我听到这个有多么激动 |
[04:08] | I mean, I spent four years in med school talking like this | 我是说 我在医学院里待了四年一直这样说话 |
[04:12] | so I wouldn’t dare threaten all the male teachers | 这样才不会威胁到那些 |
[04:14] | who pee their pants every time they’re even near a strong woman. | 一接近强势的女人就尿裤子的男老师们 |
[04:17] | Seriously, I am so happy to be done with all that, | 说真的 我真高兴不用再装了 |
[04:20] | I could drop a deuce right here. | 我都能立刻在这儿拉泡屎 |
[04:22] | Well,don’t,don’t,don’t do that here,Denise,’cause this is a hospital. | 呃 别 别 别在这儿拉 Denise 这里毕竟是家医院 |
[04:26] | What in God’s name just happened? | 上帝啊 刚才发生了什么 |
[04:28] | By the way, how can you stand these scrubs? | 顺便问一下 你是怎么忍受这些手术服的 |
[04:30] | Mine are so far up my | 现在我的裤子深深地 |
[04:31] | butt right now I can taste them in my throat. | 卡进了屁股里 我都能在喉咙里尝到它的味道了 |
[04:33] | You know, you don’t have to be yourself all the time, | 其实你不用每时每刻都这么做自己的 |
[04:35] | just some of the time. | 有时稍微做一下就好了 |
[04:37] | It’s Ed? | 你叫Ed |
[04:39] | Sometimes I go by Big Ed. | 有时候我也叫大Ed |
[04:41] | So, Ed, after you place a central line on that patient, | 好 Ed 你给那个病人插入中心静脉导管之后 |
[04:44] | come and find me and let me know whether or not you killed him. | 来找我 告诉我你有没有把他害死 |
[04:47] | Big Ed. | 是大Ed |
[04:49] | Dr. Cox, I just wanted to | Cox医生 我只是想 |
[04:50] | tell you I really enjoyed rounds this morning | 告诉你今早的巡房真的让我乐在其中 |
[04:52] | and I’m gonna work harder so you don’t just think of me as a… | 我会更加努力工作 让你不再觉得我是个 |
[04:57] | What was it? | 什么来着 |
[04:58] | A helpless, vapid, incompetent ass-kisser. | 一个无用 无趣 无能的马屁精 |
[05:00] | Actually, I don’t remember the ass-kisser part. | 事实上 我好像不记得有马屁精这部分 |
[05:03] | That’s ’cause I just added it now. | 那是因为我刚刚把它加上去的 |
[05:04] | That’s great. Makes it hurt more. | 加得太棒了 这样就更伤人了 |
[05:07] | Great. | 很好 |
[05:09] | Katie Katie. | |
[05:11] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不用这样的 |
[05:12] | I know, it’s disgusting. | 我知道 太恶心了 |
[05:16] | You’re just under so much pressure. I have been there. | 你只是压力太大了 我也是实习生过来的 |
[05:19] | – Really? – Oh, my God, my first week here, | – 真的吗 – 噢 我天啊 我来这儿的第一周 |
[05:21] | I totally screwed my best friend, | 把我最好的朋友J.D.都搞惨了 |
[05:22] | J.D., just to look good in rounds. | 只是为了在巡房的时候神气一点 |
[05:24] | Well, not literally screwed. I mean, yes, later, we did it, | 呃 不是真的那种搞 虽然 是的 之后我们确实也搞了 |
[05:28] | but that was for totally different reasons. | 但那完全是不一样的原因 |
[05:30] | And honestly it has been talked to death. | 而且说实话 这个梗都被大家说烂了 |
[05:33] | But we are dating again. Don’t tell anyone. | 但我们又开始约会了 别告诉其他人 |
[05:35] | Got it. | 明白 |
[05:38] | Don’t bother me, I’m busy. | 别来烦我 我忙着呢 |
[05:39] | I can’t make any promises. | 我可不敢保证 |
[05:41] | Dr. Cox. Got those test results for you, man. | Cox医生 检查结果给你拿来了 |
[05:44] | You were totally right about that old dude in bed four. | 你对四号床那个老家伙的预测完全正确 |
[05:46] | Sy-sy-sy-syphilis. | 梅 梅 梅 梅毒 |
[05:50] | I just… I used to be a DJ. | 我以前是个DJ |
[05:52] | Syphilis. Syphilis. Syphilis. Syphilis. | 梅毒 梅毒 梅毒 梅毒 |
[05:55] | – Wow! – Syphilis. Syphilis. Syphilis. Syphilis. | – 哇 – 梅毒 梅毒 梅毒 梅毒 |
[05:58] | Get out of here, Ed. | 滚出去 Ed |
[05:59] | – Right now? – Yeah. | – 现在吗 – 是的 |
[06:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[06:05] | Why do I hate that guy? | 为什么我会讨厌这家伙 |
[06:11] | So how long you two been dealing with the lung cancer? | 你们两人跟肺癌抗争多久了 |
[06:13] | Well, Jack’s last cycle of chemo was about a year ago | Jack最后一周期的化疗大概是在一年之前 |
[06:17] | and since then there’s been no beta symptoms | 之后也没有过beta因子的不良症状 |
[06:20] | and his last chest-scan showed no new lesions. So… | 而且他上一次的胸部扫描也没发现新的病变 所以 |
[06:23] | Speaking of new things… | 说到新的东西 |
[06:25] | Not the time to talk about your beard. | 现在不是谈论你胡子的时候 |
[06:27] | I’m sorry, I interrupted you. Lesions. | 对不起 我打断你了 刚刚说到病变 |
[06:29] | Anyway, we’ve just been feeling so positive | 总而言之 我们一直都以非常积极的态度来面对 |
[06:32] | that we haven’t even told our son about the cancer yet. | 我们甚至都没告诉儿子癌症的事 |
[06:35] | Mikey’s only eight. | Mikey只有八岁 |
[06:36] | Hopefully this is just a minor infection right now. | 但愿现在这只是一次轻微的感染 |
[06:39] | Okay? We’re gonna run some tests. | 好吗 我们会做一些检测 |
[06:41] | He needs a new chest scan right away | 他需要马上再做一次胸部扫描 |
[06:43] | and don’t let those idiots in Radiology hold you up. | 别让那些放射科的白痴耽误你时间 |
[06:45] | Dr. Dorian, if they pull any crap, I’ll bust some heads. | Dorian医生 如果他们瞎逼逼 我就爆了他们的头 |
[06:49] | She really is like having my very own Jo from Facts of Life. | 她真的就像是<生活的真相>里属于我私人的Jo |
[06:53] | Throw her a bone so she knows she’s growing on you. | 给她点儿甜头 让她知道你越来越喜欢她了 |
[06:56] | Denise, call me J.D. Dr. Dorian’s my father. | Denise 叫我J.D. Dorian医生是我父亲 |
[07:00] | Actually, he’s Mr. Dorian. | 其实 他是Dorian先生 |
[07:01] | Well, was Mr. Dorian. He’s dead, Jo. He’s never coming back. | 呃 以前是Dorian先生 他去世了 Jo 再也不会回来了 |
[07:05] | You called me Jo. | 你叫我Jo |
[07:06] | Do you not like that as a new nickname? | 你不喜欢这个新绰号吗 |
[07:08] | Just a little butch. I like banging dudes. So. | 就是有点儿男性化 我喜欢睡男人 所以 |
[07:12] | I’ve heard that’s nice. | 我听说这样挺好的 |
[07:15] | Seems like it would be a host to a variety of infectious bacteria | 看上去它好像是多种感染性细菌的宿主 |
[07:18] | – or even fungus. – Plus it’s hard to look at. | – 或者甚至是霉菌 – 而且无法直视 |
[07:21] | I recommend it’s removed immediately. | 我建议将它立即祛除 |
[07:24] | Forget it, you guys. I’m keeping the beard. | 省省吧 你俩 我要留着胡子 |
[07:27] | Chicks dig on the extra fuzz. | 小妞儿们都喜欢毛茸茸一点的 |
[07:28] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[07:29] | And you’ve only got it on two percent of your body. | 你的身体只有区区百分之二的部分有毛 |
[07:32] | Hey, what is up, guys? Can somebody give me a high four? | 嗨 怎么样 大家伙 谁跟我来个四指击掌 |
[07:37] | Coming at you. | 来了 |
[07:38] | Near! | 这是近 |
[07:43] | Far! | 这是远 |
[07:47] | Grover five. | 葛罗弗击掌 |
[07:49] | Come on, buddy, let’s go. | 好了 老兄 走吧 |
[07:51] | – Hey, was that Dr. Turk? – Yeah, why? | – 嘿 那是Turk医生吗 – 是啊 怎么了 |
[07:54] | Well, everyone’s trying to figure out who he is | 呃 每个人都想知道哪位是他 |
[07:56] | because he’s gonna pick an intern to do all the medical research | 因为他要挑一个实习生为他正要发表的一篇论文 |
[07:59] | on a paper he’s publishing. | 做所有的医学研究 |
[08:01] | So did you put yourself up for that? | 那你为自己争取了没 |
[08:02] | I’m not exactly super-confident right now. | 我现在好像不是超有自信的吧 |
[08:05] | Katie, when I was an intern, | Katie 我当实习生的时候 |
[08:08] | this oncologist asked me to assist him with his research | 有个肿瘤学家叫我协助他做调查 |
[08:10] | and I was too intimidated and so I said no. | 我因为太胆怯所以拒绝了 |
[08:13] | So then he offers it to this other girl, Gina, | 所以他把这个机会给了另一个女孩 Gina |
[08:16] | and I really regretted it. | 我真的很后悔 |
[08:18] | You know, at least until we found out | 起码一直到我们发现 |
[08:19] | that he was actually watching Gina whizz | 他其实是透过办公室墙上的 |
[08:22] | through a hole in his office wall. | 一个洞偷看Gina撒尿 |
[08:23] | But had he not been a perv, it would still haunt me. | 但如果他不是个变态的话 我到现在都不会释怀 |
[08:27] | Which is why you’re gonna go for this, okay? | 这也是为什么你一定要为此争取 好吗 |
[08:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:32] | Bear claw. | 熊掌 |
[08:37] | So maybe you don’t like him because he’s a freaky, stoner weirdo. | 或许你不喜欢他是因为他是个诡异的 磕了药似的怪胎 |
[08:40] | No. Surprisingly, that tickles me. | 不 出人意料地 这点让我很高兴 |
[08:42] | – Did he say “Back in the day”? – No. | – 他有没有说”想当年” – 没有 |
[08:44] | – Did he say “Back in the dizzay”? – No. | – 他有没有说”想当连” – 没有 |
[08:46] | Did he call you Dr. C? | 他有没有叫你C医生 |
[08:48] | He did, but I liked it. | 有 但我喜欢 |
[08:49] | Does he like Hugh Jackman? | 他是不是喜欢休·杰克曼 |
[08:51] | Wrong again. You suck at this. | 还是错 你太不会猜了 |
[08:53] | Perhaps the problem lies within. | 或许问题在你自身 |
[08:56] | By creating false hatred for others, | 通过制造对他人的虚假厌恶 |
[08:58] | you don’t have to face the fact that you really hate yourself. | 你就不用面对其实你是厌恶自己的事实 |
[09:01] | And where’d you get that psychobabble? | 你这哪儿来的心理呓语 |
[09:03] | From some skank at the mall. | 从商场里某个贱人那里听来的 |
[09:05] | I chill at the food court on the weekend. Donny, I’m out. | 我在商场美食广场里度周末 Donny 我要走了 |
[09:11] | Want one? I got pull here. Donny. | 要吗 我在这儿说话好使 Donny |
[09:18] | Hey, what are you guys looking at? | 嘿 你俩看什么呢 |
[09:20] | Oh, my God. Is that a picture of a poo? | 噢 天哪 这是一坨便便的照片吗 |
[09:22] | No, that’s not just any poo, Elliot. | 不 这可不是一坨普通的便便 Elliot |
[09:24] | That’s Izzy’s first poo in the potty. | 这是Izzy在幼儿便盆里拉的第一坨便便 |
[09:27] | I can’t take my eyes off of it. It’s gorgeous. | 我眼珠子都转不动了 它太美了 |
[09:30] | I accidentally hit send. | 我不小心按了发送 |
[09:32] | Aw! | 噢 |
[09:35] | They’re back. | 它们又回来了 |
[09:37] | Jack’s are bigger. | Jack的更大 |
[09:39] | Just found my new screen saver. | 发现了我的新屏保 |
[09:42] | They’re back. | 它们又回来了 |
[09:45] | My bad. | 怪我 |
[09:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:50] | Anyway, Turk, my intern, Katie, could really use a boost. | 说回来 Turk 我的实习生Katie需要有人推一把 |
[09:53] | Would you do me a favor and consider her | 你能帮我个忙 考虑让她 |
[09:54] | for the paper that you’re doing? | 帮你做那个论文吗 |
[09:56] | Sure, no problem. | 当然 没问题 |
[09:57] | Thanks, man. I owe you one. | 谢了 老兄 算我欠你的 |
[09:59] | Oh, my God. Look at these. | 噢 我的天哪 看看这个 |
[10:01] | The owner of those lungs is gonna die, like, yesterday. | 这肺的主人都能死了 快 一千回了 |
[10:04] | It’s Mr. Fremont, patient of mine. His son’s eight years old. | 是Fremont先生 我的一个病人 他儿子才八岁 |
[10:08] | I’m sorry, buddy. | 我很遗憾 兄弟 |
[10:11] | Got to go tell Denise. | 我得去告诉Denise |
[10:13] | As a doctor, you can spend as much time and energy | 作为一个医生 你可能要在你的实习生身上 |
[10:15] | on your interns as you do on your patients. | 花费在病人身上同样多的时间与精力 |
[10:18] | Whether you’re frustrated by them… | 不管你是对他们怒不可言 |
[10:20] | Well, I finished my double hot choc, I’m gonna head up. | 我的加浓热巧克力喝完了 要先闪了 |
[10:22] | You guys need anything else? | 你们还需要什么吗 |
[10:24] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢你 |
[10:26] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:28] | No, it is not just me. He is hateful. | 不 不是我的原因 他本来就很讨厌 |
[10:34] | Or rooting for them. | 或者是支持他们 |
[10:35] | Okay, I wanna thank everyone who applied. | 好了 我想谢谢每一个申请了的人 |
[10:37] | Unfortunately, I can only pick one. So… | 不幸的是 我只能挑一个 所以 |
[10:42] | Ed, congratulations! | Ed 恭喜你 |
[10:44] | Oh, sorry, man. I’m listening to The Da Vinci Code on audiobook. | 噢 抱歉 老兄 我正在听<达芬奇密码>的有声读物 |
[10:47] | It’s riveting. | 引人入胜 |
[10:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:50] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[10:53] | No way! | 不会吧 |
[10:56] | That was that guy? | 原来是那个家伙 |
[10:59] | For me, I was just hoping to figure out a way to tell Denise | 至于我 只是想能找到一种适合的方式来告诉Denise |
[11:01] | that the first patient we were treating together was gonna die. | 我们共同治疗的第一个病人要死了 |
[11:04] | Listen, Jo, Mr. Fremont’s scan came back | 听着 Jo Fremont先生的片子出来了 |
[11:07] | and his lungs are covered with lesions. | 他的肺部已经布满了病灶 |
[11:10] | He doesn’t have a lot of time. | 他没多少时间了 |
[11:13] | I was glad I was here | 我很高兴能陪着她 |
[11:14] | because I knew it would be hard for her to deal with. | 因为我知道这对她来说一定很难接受 |
[11:17] | Huh. Sucks to be him. | 嗯 好彩我不是他 |
[11:20] | Or not. | 可能也不会 |
[11:26] | I think I see what the problem is. | 我想我知道问题是什么了 |
[11:29] | You have a hand inside of you. | 你的体内有一只手 |
[11:31] | That explains so many things. | 这就解释太多事情了 |
[11:36] | Dude, been having fantasies about Muppets all day too? | 兄弟 有没有曾经一整天都幻想木偶的时候 |
[11:39] | No. I’m straight. | 没 我是直男 |
[11:41] | That’s just uncalled-for. I’m freaked out, man. | 这没道理啊 我都吓到了 老兄 |
[11:43] | I told my intern, Jo, our patient was dying, | 我告诉我的实习生Jo说我们的病人要死了 |
[11:46] | she barely even reacted. | 她连点儿反应都没有 |
[11:48] | That sucks. | 这么糟 |
[11:50] | I cannot believe that Turk didn’t pick you. | 我真不敢相信Turk竟然没选你 |
[11:52] | I may just have to withhold sex from him. | 我可能得压制一下他的性生活了 |
[11:54] | I mean, not me, personally, but I am best friends with his wife | 我不是说我自己 但我是他老婆最好的朋友 |
[11:57] | and if I ask her to, she’ll get him all worked up | 如果我跟她说 她会先让他性致盎然 |
[12:00] | and then say that was for | 然后说 这是为了Elliot |
[12:01] | Elliot and then just roll over and go to sleep. | 然后就翻身睡觉 |
[12:03] | I never really had a shot anyway. | 本来我也不会有机会的 |
[12:06] | I mean, surgery is such a boys’ club. | 我是说 外科简直就是男性的天下 |
[12:09] | I don’t know about that. | 这我倒不知道 |
[12:12] | I-just-pulled-your-pants-down-five! | “我刚把你裤子扯下来了”击掌 |
[12:16] | Maybe you’re right. | 可能你是对的 |
[12:19] | – No sex for Turk tonight. – Done. | – 今晚Turk不能滚床单 – 没问题 |
[12:21] | Hey, back to this intern that I hate. | 嘿 说回到那个我讨厌的实习生 |
[12:23] | No, I don’t wanna play your Why Do I Hate this Intern game. | 不 我不想玩儿”为什么我讨厌这个实习生”游戏 |
[12:26] | It’s no fun. Nobody ever wins. | 毫无乐趣可言 谁都赢不了 |
[12:28] | Fine. I need to find somebody | 算了 我还是去找一个 |
[12:29] | a little more qualified to talk about hate anyway. | 更有资格谈论厌恶的人说吧 |
[12:32] | Look, you and I are alike in a lot of ways. | 听着 你跟我在很多方面都很像 |
[12:35] | We both harbor an internal struggle between the desire to do good | 我们都怀有一种在行善的意愿与成为 |
[12:38] | and the urge to become a master criminal. | 犯罪高手冲动间的内心挣扎 |
[12:40] | – We don’t. – We do. | – 没有啊 – 有 |
[12:42] | You hate people, and I hate people. | 你讨厌人 我也讨厌人 |
[12:45] | What nobody gets is that we never hate indiscriminately. | 但没人明白的是 我们从不会不分青红皂白地讨厌人 |
[12:48] | That is so true. I only hate those that have wronged me. | 一点没错 我只讨厌那些曾经对我不公的人 |
[12:51] | Like, if they stole my stuff or put a penny in the door or… | 比如 偷我的东西啊 或者在门口放一钢镚儿啊 或者 |
[12:57] | That guy. See that look he shot us, | 那个人 看见他刚看咱的表情了吗 |
[12:59] | like he’s so much better than we are? | 就跟他比我们高级多少倍一样 |
[13:01] | Plus he’s only 25, | 而且他才25 |
[13:02] | and earlier I heard him use the phrase, back in the day. | 之前我还听到他用”想当年”这短语 |
[13:05] | Well, he’s dug his own grave, hasn’t he? Let’s do this. | 他还真是自掘坟墓啊 咱们开干 |
[13:08] | Go. | 上 |
[13:15] | He’s even worse than the other guy. | 他比刚刚那家伙更恶劣 |
[13:16] | Go get him too. | 那把他也处理了 |
[13:22] | All right, Denise, here’s the deal. | 好了 Denise 事情是这样的 |
[13:24] | We have to tell Mrs. Fremont | 我们得告诉Fremont夫人 |
[13:25] | that her husband doesn’t have much longer. | 她丈夫已经没多少时间了 |
[13:27] | She’s gonna want us to do whatever we can to keep him alive, | 她会希望我们竭尽所能去维持他的生命 |
[13:30] | but we both know that putting him on a respirator | 但我们都知道给他戴上呼吸器 |
[13:32] | is just gonna prolong the | 无非只是在拖延 |
[13:33] | inevitable and eventually cause him more pain. | 必然的结果 最终导致他更加痛苦 |
[13:36] | So I’m gonna tell her the initial bad news, | 所以我会告诉她第一个坏消息 |
[13:38] | and then I want you to come in | 然后我希望你能在这时 |
[13:39] | and secure the Do Not Resuscitate order. | 劝说她签下放弃抢救协议 |
[13:42] | Okay, J.D. | 好咧 J.D |
[13:46] | You’re going to make her get the DNR? | 你要让她来搞定这个放弃抢救协议 |
[13:48] | An intern shouldn’t have | 一个实习生不应该去 |
[13:49] | to convince a wife to let her husband die. | 说服一个妻子去让她丈夫去死吧 |
[13:51] | She’s got to learn how to show some compassion. | 她得学会怎么表达同情 |
[13:53] | I’m throwing her in the deep end. | 我要直接让她面对最棘手的问题 |
[13:55] | There’s got to be a better way to teach that. | 一定还有更好的方法教她吧 |
[13:57] | Elmo would love to help. | Elmo很乐意帮忙 |
[13:59] | Denise, could you come here for a second? | Denise 你能过来一下吗 |
[14:02] | Well, hubba hubba. | 哇 美女 美女 |
[14:04] | You be the patient and I’ll be the doctor. | 你当病人 我当医生 |
[14:07] | How’s this? | 这样行吗 |
[14:09] | Don’t worry, buddy. I’m gonna take care of you. | 别担心 老兄 我会好好照顾你的 |
[14:13] | Elmo knows that together, we can get through this. | Elmo明白 只要齐心协力 我们一定能度过难关 |
[14:16] | And scene. | 好 收 |
[14:19] | I get it now. | 我现在懂了 |
[14:20] | Yay! She gets it! She gets it! | 耶 她懂了 她懂了 |
[14:23] | Yeah, baby. Yeah, baby. Yeah, baby. | 耶 宝贝 耶 宝贝 耶 宝贝 |
[14:26] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | – 谢谢你 – 嗯 |
[14:28] | Okay, easy, buddy. | 好了 淡定点 兄弟 |
[14:29] | What? She’s your woman? | 干嘛 她你女人啊 |
[14:31] | What is Elmo? A seal? | Elmo到底是个什么东西 海豹吗 |
[14:35] | Turk, I am so mad at you. | Turk 我对你太生气了 |
[14:37] | Yeah, I know. Carla dragged me into the on-call room, | 是啊 我知道 Carla把我拉到值班室 |
[14:40] | stripped butt naked, did a little belly dance | 脱得一干二净 扭了几下肚皮舞 |
[14:42] | and then said, “This is for Elliot,” Then took a nap. | 然后说了句”这是为了Elliot” 就去打盹儿了 |
[14:45] | What the hell did I do to you? | 我到底怎么你了 |
[14:46] | You’re a sexist. | 你性别歧视 |
[14:48] | Keep moving, Rhonda. | 走你的 Rhonda |
[14:51] | You ain’t moving fast enough, Rhonda. | 走得还不够快 Rhonda |
[14:53] | Admit it, Katie never had a chance with you because she’s a girl. | 承认吧 你从来就没考虑过Katie 因为她是个女生 |
[14:56] | That’s ridiculous. | 这么说太荒谬了 |
[14:57] | Really? Besides me, | 真的吗 除了我 |
[14:58] | can you even name one other girl that you’re friends with? | 你还能说出另一个女性朋友的名字吗 |
[15:01] | Carla and a lovely woman by the name of Margaret. | Carla 还有一个名叫Margaret的可爱女士 |
[15:04] | Carla’s your wife and Margaret’s your mother. | Carla是你老婆 Margaret是你老妈 |
[15:06] | Elliot, don’t talk about my mama. | Elliot 别谈论我妈妈 |
[15:08] | All right? I will punch you in the head. | 好吗 不然我就给你脑门来一拳 |
[15:10] | Turk, I was Katie once. | Turk 我曾经就是Katie |
[15:11] | I mean, I know what it feels like to get passed over | 我明白就因为你不是一个男性 |
[15:13] | because you’re not one of the boys. | 而被忽略是什么感觉 |
[15:15] | Okay, fine, I should’ve given Katie a chance. | 好吧 我应该给Katie一个机会的 |
[15:18] | Guess what? Ed’s gonna let me take his spot. | 猜怎么着 Ed要把这个位置让给我 |
[15:22] | I didn’t wanna do it anyway. | 反正我也不想做 |
[15:23] | The only reason I signed up was I have this three-way pen | 我报名的唯一原因就是我有这支三色笔 |
[15:25] | and I wanted to write my name in three different colors. | 我想用三种不同颜色来写我的名字 |
[15:28] | Dude, that’s why I picked you. | 老兄 所以我才选你啊 |
[15:30] | Looks cool, right? | 看起来挺酷 是吧 |
[15:31] | It looked so cool. | 超酷的 |
[15:33] | So Katie gets to do it? | 所以可以让Katie做了吗 |
[15:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:38] | – Blow it up, girl. – Yes! | – 击拳庆祝 小妞儿 – 耶 |
[15:42] | That’s it. I know why I hate him. | 就是这个 我知道我为什么讨厌他了 |
[15:45] | Way to go. Wanna borrow my plunger? | 太棒了 要借用我的活塞吗 |
[15:48] | Form a perfect seal around his mouth, and then… three times, | 严严地封住他的嘴 然后 抽三次 |
[15:51] | And… his Adam’s apple pops right out. | 然后 他的喉结一下飞出来 |
[15:56] | Theoretically. | 理论上说 |
[16:00] | Mrs. Fremont. | Fremont夫人 |
[16:03] | Your husband doesn’t have a minor infection. | 你丈夫不是轻微感染 |
[16:06] | It’s the cancer. | 是癌症复发了 |
[16:10] | His body is basically shutting down. | 他的身体机能已经基本上衰竭了 |
[16:15] | He’s dying? | 他要死了 |
[16:18] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[16:20] | No. No, he’s been doing so well. No, it’s not time yet. | 不 不 他状态一直都很好 不 现在还不到时候 |
[16:24] | See. There must be something that you can do. | 你看 你们一定还能再做些什么 |
[16:27] | Well, we can make him comfortable, | 我们可以让他很安逸 |
[16:30] | but by the end of the | 但在今晚结束前 |
[16:32] | night he won’t be able to breathe on his own. | 他就会丧失自主呼吸的能力 |
[16:34] | So you’ll put him on a machine. | 那你们就给他用机器 |
[16:38] | I’m not sure you wanna do that. | 我不觉得你想那样做 |
[16:40] | Why? Why wouldn’t I wanna do that? | 为什么 为什么我不想那样做 |
[16:42] | Why wouldn’t I wanna do anything I can to keep him alive? | 为什么我会不想做任何能维持他生命的事情 |
[16:46] | This was gonna be rough on Denise, | 这对Denise来说会很艰难 |
[16:48] | but I knew it was something she had to get through | 但我知道要成为一名更具同情心的医生 |
[16:49] | to become a more compassionate doctor. | 这是她必须要经历的 |
[16:51] | Look, here’s the deal. | 听着 事情是这样的 |
[16:55] | If you make us intubate him, | 如果你让我们给他插管子 |
[16:56] | we’ll probably also have to shove a catheter in his lung | 我们很可能必须往他肺里再塞一根导液管 |
[16:59] | and that sort of thing | 而那种东西 |
[17:00] | usually leads to an infection and antibiotics, | 通常都会导致感染 然后用抗生素治疗 |
[17:02] | and then, before you know it, his kidneys are toast. | 接下来 你还没反应过来 他的肾就彻底完蛋了 |
[17:05] | So even with all our poking and prodding, | 所以即使我们对他这儿戳那儿刺 |
[17:09] | we’re still not gonna slow down his cancer. | 也无法慢下癌症的脚步 |
[17:11] | So you’ll finally sign the DNR, | 你最后还是要签下放弃抢救协议 |
[17:13] | but by then he would have suffered way more than he needed to | 但到那个时候 他已经受了太多本不应该承受的痛苦 |
[17:15] | because you were just too selfish to let him go. | 只是因为你太自私而不肯放他走 |
[17:25] | The real Jo never would’ve done that. | 真正的Jo永远干不出这种事 |
[17:29] | Hey, skank. | 嗨 小婊砸 |
[17:30] | What up, skank? | 啥事 小婊砸 |
[17:32] | It’s all good, skank. We like to call each other skank. | 啥事没有 小婊砸 我们喜欢叫对方小婊砸 |
[17:36] | Okay, I know I was being a little sexist earlier, | 好了 我知道我之前有些性别歧视 |
[17:38] | but don’t you also think | 但是你不会觉得 |
[17:39] | Katie might have been playing you a little | Katie或许是为了自己能出头 |
[17:41] | so she could get ahead? | 而玩儿了你一把吗 |
[17:42] | Turk, she wasn’t even gonna sign up | Turk 如果不是我 她根本就没 |
[17:44] | to help you with your stupid paper until I told her to. | 打算去报名帮你完成那傻不拉叽的论文 |
[17:46] | That’s funny. Because I went back and checked | 那真有意思了 因为我回去查了 |
[17:49] | and Katie was the first intern to sign the sheet. | 发现Katie是第一个在表上签名的实习生 |
[17:52] | See? That’s her name, right there. Above Ed’s. | 看见没 她的名字 就在这儿 Ed上面 |
[17:53] | 研究论文 报名表 | |
[17:57] | Skank. | 小婊砸 |
[18:01] | Time to go. Donny, I need a way-homer. | 该走了 Donny 我需要一个回家好伴侣 |
[18:06] | See you tomorrow, everybody. | 明天见了 大伙儿 |
[18:08] | Bye, Bob! | 拜 Bob |
[18:09] | Syphilis. | 梅毒 |
[18:11] | Whoa! | 哇哦 |
[18:12] | Zwa. | 嗞哇 |
[18:14] | You zwa’d the hell out of me, Dr. Cox. Just like you promised. | 你把我滋哇屎了啊 Cox医生 像你之前说的一样 |
[18:17] | See, I’ve seen a lot of crazy things in my life, | 听着 我这辈子离谱的事儿见多了 |
[18:21] | but, trust me, I’ve never seen an intern | 但是 相信我 我还从来没见过 |
[18:23] | with the time to just hang out in a coffee shop. | 哪个实习生是有时间在咖啡厅里闲晃的 |
[18:25] | And it wasn’t until you gave up that research paper | 直到你放弃做那篇研究论文 |
[18:28] | that I finally realized why I hate you. | 我才终于明白我为什么讨厌你 |
[18:32] | You’re lazy. | 你懒 |
[18:33] | Am I not doing as well as the other interns? | 我做得有比其他实习生差吗 |
[18:36] | You are doing better than most. | 你比大多数还要好 |
[18:38] | Well, I don’t know, I’m fine with better than most. | 我不知道 比大多数好已经让我很满意了 |
[18:40] | But if that stops being the case, let me know. | 但是如果哪天情况变了 告诉我 |
[18:42] | Believe me, I will. | 相信我 一定会的 |
[18:45] | Thanks, Dr. C. | 谢了 C医生 |
[18:57] | We always knew this day would come. | 我们一直都知道会有这么一天 |
[19:00] | How can I still not be ready? | 怎么我还是没有准备好 |
[19:04] | Nobody ever is. | 没有人能准备好 |
[19:06] | What should I do now? | 现在我该怎么做 |
[19:09] | You should go pick up your son. | 你应该去把你儿子接来 |
[19:13] | We’ll do our best to wake him up so you two can say goodbye. | 我们会尽力叫醒他 让你们好好道别 |
[19:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:22] | And then I realized why I’d thought about Sesame Street all day. | 那一刻我终于明白为什么一整天我都在想着<芝麻街> |
[19:26] | In a way you can learn everything | 在某种程度上 孩提时代里 |
[19:27] | you need to know from watching it as a kid. | 你能通过看它学到所有东西 |
[19:30] | Like, “Always play nice.” | 比如 “永远装成好人脸” |
[19:32] | Oh, please, I’ve got Dr. Reid wrapped around my finger. | 噢 得了吧 我把Reid医生吃得死死的 |
[19:37] | I’m gonna be fine around here. | 我在这儿会过得很好 |
[19:42] | “Always try your hardest.” | “永远尽你最大努力” |
[19:44] | Hey, you going to the hematology lecture tonight? | 嘿 你要去今晚的血液学讲座吗 |
[19:45] | No can do, other Indian guy. About to go get me some pizza. | 去不了 印度老乡 准备去喂自己点儿比萨 |
[19:56] | And even, “It’s okay to cry.” | 甚至还有 “哭出来也没关系” |
[20:01] | Yeah, you’re right, he didn’t last long at all. | 呦 你说得没错 他真是没剩多少时间 |
[20:06] | Oh! | 噢 |
[20:08] | Didn’t expect the waterworks. | 没想到你也会飙泪 |
[20:13] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[20:20] | It’s gonna be a long year. | 今年可难熬咯 |
[20:33] | By then he would have suffered way more than he needed to | 到那个时候 他已经受了太多本不应该承受的痛苦 |
[20:35] | because you were just too selfish to let him go. | 只是因为你太自私而不肯放他走 |
[20:39] | I’ll let you think about it. | 你考虑一下吧 |
[20:44] | The real Jo never would’ve done that. | 真正的Jo永远都干不出这种事 |
[20:47] | What she was trying to say is | 她想说的是 |
[20:49] | you take the good, you take the bad, and when you take them both, | 接受好的 承受坏的 当你经历过这两者 |
[20:54] | there you have the facts of life. | 你便懂得了生活的真相 |