时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Dr. Dorian? | Dorian医生 |
[00:08] | Katie, we’ve been over this. | Katie 都跟你说过了 |
[00:10] | It’s inappropriate to interrupt an attending | 当我跟别人打得火热的时候 |
[00:12] | while he’s hitting that. | 不要来打扰我 |
[00:13] | Particularly while he’s hitting it good. | 尤其在我表现得很好的时候 |
[00:15] | Turk and I used Katie as a messenger service. | Turk和我把Katie当做传话筒 |
[00:17] | Dr. Turk liked the drawing you had me take him. | Turk医生很喜欢你让我拿给他的那幅画 |
[00:19] | He had never seen himself as a deep-sea diver before. | 他从来没将自己当作深海潜水员看过 |
[00:22] | Awesome! Go back and say, “J.D. says you’re welcome”. | 太棒了 回去跟他说 “JD说不客气” |
[00:24] | “And here’s a little something for your bottom.” | “还有看我的抓臀龙爪手” |
[00:27] | And he wanted me to ask you | 他还让我问你 |
[00:28] | if you wanted to go to the batting cages after work. | 你下班后要不要跟他去打垒球 |
[00:29] | Remind him I don’t like to do things that I’m not good at. | 告诉他我不喜欢做自己不擅长的事 |
[00:32] | Yeah, that’s why we don’t have sex much. | 没错 这就是我们不经常做爱的原因 |
[00:35] | That hurt me so much, I lost my breath a little. | 这话伤得我有些呼吸不畅 |
[00:38] | Ooh. Barbara, can you please put Mrs. Newell | 噢 Barbara 你可不可以给Newell女士 |
[00:40] | on 150 milligrams of Clindamycin? | 注射150毫克克林霉素 |
[00:42] | Can’t we use Azithromycin instead? | 我们就不能用阿奇霉素吗 |
[00:44] | That way she only requires one dose instead of four | 那样的话她就不需要打四剂 一剂就够了 |
[00:46] | and I won’t have to be running around all day. | 我也不用整天跑来跑去 |
[00:48] | – Interesting. – Interesting. | – 很有趣 – 很有趣 |
[00:49] | Elliot didn’t think it was interesting, | 其实Elliot并不觉得她说的有趣 |
[00:51] | so they went to the person who settled all disputes | 但有个人能处理护士和医生之间的所有矛盾 |
[00:53] | between nurses and physicians. | 所以她们去找她 |
[00:55] | Okay, I’m glad you guys didn’t let this escalate. | 好吧 我很高兴你们俩没有让矛盾激化 |
[00:57] | Elliot, I bet you didn’t know that on weekends, | Elliot 你肯定不知道在周末的时候 |
[00:59] | Barbara was a semi-professional kick-boxer. | Barbara是个半专业的自由搏击手 |
[01:02] | I did not. | 我确实不知道 |
[01:03] | Still, doctors decide all prescription orders and you know that. | 不过你知道的 只有医生才能决定开什么药方 |
[01:13] | Oh, my God, did she just kick that ceiling tile? | 噢 天呐 她刚刚是不是踢了那块天花板 |
[01:16] | Yeah. She’s really good. | 是的 她真的有两下子 |
[01:19] | Well, about time, Champ. Beer me. | 总算来了 冠军 给我满上 |
[01:21] | No problem. Just remember our deal. I bring the beer | 没问题 但记住我们的约定 我请你喝啤酒 |
[01:24] | and you don’t tell anybody | 而你不要告诉任何人 |
[01:25] | that we are now spending time together. | 我们现在约出来见面这件事 |
[01:28] | You’re the new Chief, I’m the old Chief. | 你是新主任 我是旧主任 |
[01:30] | Who better to guide you through it? | 还有谁能更好地指导你 |
[01:32] | I’m just gonna hit the floor and be a doctor, | 我只想踏踏实实做一名医生 |
[01:34] | like I have my entire career. | 就像我入职以来那样 |
[01:35] | Well, you can kiss that idea goodbye. | 好吧 你可以跟这个想法吻别了 |
[01:38] | I spent so much time behind that desk dealing with red tape, | 我花了太多时间坐在桌子后面处理繁文缛节 |
[01:42] | my behind still has the imprint of the chair. | 我屁股上至今还有椅子的印痕 |
[01:45] | You want to see? Since we’re friends now, | 想瞧瞧吗 既然我们现在是朋友了 |
[01:47] | I can show you my butt. | 我可以给你看下我屁股 |
[01:48] | Bob, I saw it five years ago | Bob 我五年前就看过了 |
[01:50] | at Nurse Roberts’ above-ground pool party | 在Roberts护士那个地上游泳池派对上 |
[01:52] | and I am still recovering. Honest to God, | 到现在我还没完全恢复过来 对天发誓 |
[01:54] | there are times when I close my eyes and it’s just there. | 有一阵子我一闭上眼满脑子就都是那个画面 |
[01:58] | That still doesn’t change the fact | 就算这样也不能改变 |
[02:00] | that you are going to spend most of your day | 你大部分工作时间都会 |
[02:02] | trapped in that office. | 被困在那个办公室里的事实 |
[02:03] | Look, there are a few key differences between us. | 听着 我们之间存在着很多主要差异 |
[02:06] | For instance, I know that | 比如说 我知道 |
[02:07] | white leather shoes are never gonna be classy. | 白色皮鞋无论怎么穿都不时髦 |
[02:10] | I believe that a yard should have trees, | 我觉得院子里应该有的是树 |
[02:12] | not gay little angel fountains. | 而不是基味十足的小天使喷泉 |
[02:14] | And I’m damn sure not gonna be stuck in my office all day long. | 我也十分确信自己不会整天被困在办公室里 |
[02:18] | Enid picked out the damn fountains. I don’t even like them. | 那该死的喷泉是Enid选的 我都不喜欢这玩意儿 |
[02:21] | – Bob? – Fine. | – Bob – 好吧 |
[02:24] | I like to pretend that they’re friendly stone people. | 我喜欢假装他们是友好的石头人 |
[02:27] | All right, I’m partial to | 好吧 我还是挺喜欢 |
[02:28] | the one with tiny wings and the flowers in her hair. | 那个有小翅膀 头上还戴着花的 |
[02:31] | – That’s Leslie. – Well… | – 那个叫Leslie – 好吧 |
[02:35] | Dr. Turk wanted me to give you this. | Turk医生让我把这个给你 |
[02:37] | I warned you about abusing interns. | 我警告过你不要乱使唤实习生 |
[02:39] | That better not be another stupid drawing. | 这最好别又是一副愚蠢的画 |
[02:40] | Elliot, please. Turk just wanted me to | Elliot 拜托了 Turk只是让我 |
[02:42] | look up a study about intra-operative beta-blockades | 查找一个关于术中β-肾上腺素能阻断的研究 |
[02:45] | to prevent post-operative complications. | 来预防手术后的并发症 |
[02:47] | – Really? – No. | – 真的吗 – 不 |
[02:48] | He took a picture of me and Photoshopped on cactus hands. | 他给我的一张照片P了双仙人掌的手 |
[02:52] | Look at me, I can’t touch anything I love | 瞧瞧我 我不能触碰到自己喜欢的东西 |
[02:54] | without hurting it. | 因为会伤害到它们 |
[02:57] | Do not do him any more personal favors. | 不要再为他的私事跑腿了 |
[02:59] | – Okay. – All right, let me have it. | – 好吧 – 放马过来 |
[03:02] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[03:03] | It is my first official day as Chief of Medicine, | 今天是我正式成为医学主任的第一天 |
[03:07] | and I’m sure you’ve set up some elaborate, annoying spectacle. | 相信你已经精心设计好了一些讨人厌的场面 |
[03:11] | I didn’t do anything. | 我没做任何事情 |
[03:12] | I suppose that giant cake has nothing to do with me? | 看来那个大蛋糕完全不关我的事咯 |
[03:16] | No, that’s ’cause Colonel Doctor has two years sober. | 不 那是用来庆祝上校医生戒酒两年的 |
[03:21] | Please, just go ahead and do whatever it is you’re gonna do | 拜托了 赶紧把你的计谋都使出来吧 |
[03:25] | so I might get to work. | 这样我才能工作 |
[03:28] | Come on, think of something. | 赶紧 想个点子出来 |
[04:15] | That was actually pretty impressive there, | 其实感觉还挺不错的 |
[04:17] | Newbie. Thank you for that. | 多谢了 菜鸟 |
[04:19] | You’re welcome, Perry. | 不用客气 Perry |
[04:20] | How lucky was that? | 也太幸运了吧 |
[04:25] | Why are you playing bongos? | 你为什么在玩手鼓 |
[04:26] | It’s Monday. Monday is bongo day. | 今天是周一 周一是手鼓日 |
[04:30] | *I can’t do this all on my own.* | *我自己无法达成使命* |
[04:34] | *No, I know.* | *我知道自己不能* |
[04:35] | *I’m no Superman.* | *我并非超人* |
[04:40] | *I’m no Superman.* | *我并非超人* |
[04:46] | I just had to come see it for myself. | 我得亲自来见下你 |
[04:49] | You are the Chief of Medicine. | 你现在是医学主任了 |
[04:51] | I know. | 可不是吗 |
[04:52] | It is great to see someone other than Kelso behind that desk. | 太好了 能看到Kelso之外的人坐在那张桌子后 |
[04:56] | Ted Ted! | |
[04:57] | This is the first time I’ve been allowed to use the couch. | 这是我第一次被允许坐在这张沙发上 |
[05:01] | Dr. Kelso always made me stand. | Kelso医生总是让我站着 |
[05:03] | Even when I had thigh reconstruction surgery. | 即使在我做完腿部重建手术之后 |
[05:08] | His dog Baxter ate the lower half of my hamstring. | 他的狗Baxter将我下半部分腿筋给吃了 |
[05:12] | Oh, yeah, that was gross. | 噢 好吧 听起来好恶心 |
[05:14] | Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, pal. | 哥们 随便坐不要拘束 |
[05:17] | So I hope you don’t mind my barging in. | 希望你不介意我冒昧闯进来 |
[05:20] | You got to be kidding me. In fact, Ted, | 你在开玩笑吧 对了Ted |
[05:22] | go ahead and put Carla on the “Always allowed in” List. | 麻烦你将Carla的名字放进”随时能进来”的名单上 |
[05:26] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[05:28] | Too comfortable, Ted. | 你也太不拘束了 Ted |
[05:30] | Thanks, sir. I need boundaries. | 谢谢你 我得知道界限 |
[05:32] | So, you have a list of who can and can’t come in here? | 这么说来 你有一个名单写着谁能或不能进来这里 |
[05:37] | There’s the “Always allowed in” List, | 我分别列出了”随时能进来” |
[05:39] | the “Sometimes allowed in” List, | “有时能进来” |
[05:41] | and the “Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever” List. | 以及”任何时候都不能进来”的名单 |
[05:47] | Who’s on the “Never, ever, ever, ever, ever”? | 谁在”任何时候都不能进来”的名单上面 |
[05:50] | Dr. Dorian at your service. | Dorian医生乐意为您效劳 |
[05:53] | How was your weekend, Howie? | Howie 周末过得怎样 |
[05:54] | Well, I bought some new soap, | 我买了些新肥皂 |
[05:55] | but it turns out I was allergic to it. | 结果发现我对它们过敏 |
[05:57] | I tried to get a refund, but I lost my receipt. | 我想退货 但我弄丢了收据 |
[05:59] | I was hoping you’d just say “Fine.” | 你只需要说句”还不错”就可以了 |
[06:01] | Okay, let’s start rounds over here. | 好吧 让我们从这里开始 |
[06:04] | Mr. Vaughn, how are you today, sir? | Vaughn先生 你好吗 |
[06:07] | Pretty good, but could you have the maid send some fresh towels? | 还不错 但你能不能让女佣送些干净毛巾过来 |
[06:11] | Mr. Vaughn has pneumonia. | Vaughn先生患上了肺炎 |
[06:13] | It was touch and go there for a while, but you’re bouncing back. | 你的病情一度很紧急 但现在逐渐好转了 |
[06:15] | You’re gonna be out of here any day now. | 现在你能随时出院 |
[06:17] | I hope not. | 我倒不那么想走 |
[06:18] | It’s nice being with people for a change. | 能跟人接触一下 换换心情还是很不错的 |
[06:21] | We like having you around, too, sir. | 我们也喜欢有你在身边 先生 |
[06:23] | If you need anything, you let us know. | 需要任何东西的话 尽管告诉我们 |
[06:28] | – What the hell is that? – Some stupid gift from the Board. | – 这他妈的是什么 – 董事会送的白痴礼物 |
[06:31] | It’s a photo of Sacred Heart when it first opened in 1884. | 这是圣心医院在1884年开业时拍的照片 |
[06:35] | There’s a hybrid in the parking lot. | 可这停车场里有一辆混合动力车 |
[06:36] | I might have the date wrong. So where do you want me to hang it? | 我可能搞错日期了 所以你希望我将它挂哪儿呢 |
[06:39] | Somebody else’s office. | 别人的办公室 |
[06:40] | Are you trying to stop me from doing my job? | 你是想阻止我的工作吗 |
[06:43] | How would you feel if I tried to stop you | 我如果不让你拿走死去病人的钱包 |
[06:44] | from taking patients’ wallets after they died? | 你会是什么感觉呢 |
[06:47] | Doctors don’t do that. | 医生们不会这么做 |
[06:48] | Look at you, sticking with the plan. | 看看你 还坚持着自己的说辞呢 |
[06:50] | Just put it someplace, will you? | 随便放哪儿吧 行吗 |
[06:52] | – Well, I got to go. – I’ll go with you. | – 好了 我得走了 – 一起吧 |
[06:55] | – Chiefs can do that? – I don’t wanna stay in here all day. | – 主任能这么做吗 – 我不想整天待在这里 |
[06:57] | I wanna get out and see people, check on patients, | 我想出去和人接触 看看病人的情况 |
[07:00] | maybe make an intern cry. | 或者弄哭个把实习生 |
[07:03] | Actually, Dr. Cox, you need to look over the JAYCO paperwork | Cox医生 这些杰科房车公司的文件需要你过目 |
[07:06] | and these nursing home transfer requests. | 还有这些疗养院的转移申请 |
[07:09] | See you later. | 待会见 |
[07:13] | What are you doing there, Ted? | Ted 你在那干嘛 |
[07:15] | Dr. Kelso always used to sign his paperwork on my back. | Kelso医生经常在我的背上签文件 |
[07:20] | It’s not so bad. | 也没那么糟糕 |
[07:21] | I imagine it’s what a hug feels like. | 我想 被人拥抱的感觉就是那样的 |
[07:25] | – Is it? – I’m not gonna hug you, Ted. | – 对吧 – 我不会抱你的 Ted |
[07:31] | Hey, Carla, next time you hang with Dr. Cox, | 嘿 Carla 下次你跟Cox医生约会的时候 |
[07:34] | maybe instead of braiding each other’s hair | 不如把互相编辫子的时间 |
[07:35] | you could talk to him about making some new hires | 拿来跟他谈谈招人的事 |
[07:37] | so we don’t have to work forced overtime. | 这样我们就不用被迫加班了 |
[07:41] | Why is Nelly giving you so much attitude? | 为什么Nelly对你态度那么嚣张 |
[07:43] | Even though I’m the head nurse, I mostly hang with doctors. | 虽然我是护士长 但我跟医生接触得较多 |
[07:46] | I’m married to a doctor, my best friend is a doctor. | 我嫁给了医生 我最好的朋友是医生 |
[07:49] | – Who’s your best friend? – You are. | – 谁是你最好的朋友 – 你啊 |
[07:51] | I know. I just wanted to hear you say it out loud. | 我知道 我只是想听你大声说出来 |
[07:53] | The point is, nurses sometimes think I’m on the wrong team. | 重点是 护士们有时会觉得我没站在她们那边 |
[07:57] | How could they think that? | 他们怎么能这么想 |
[07:59] | You’re, like, the most loyal person I know. | 你是我见过的最忠心的人了 |
[08:00] | Except for the time that | 除了那一次 |
[08:01] | you booed me off the stage at the karaoke bar. | 你在卡拉OK吧将我嘘下台 |
[08:03] | Elliot, you’re not allowed to sing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. | Elliot 你不准唱<轻轻摇晃 可爱的马车> |
[08:06] | I just can’t hit those low notes. | 我只是没法将低音部分唱好 |
[08:08] | Sure, that’s why. | 没错 这就是原因 |
[08:10] | Look, most nurses feel under-appreciated, | 大部分护士都觉得自己不受重视 |
[08:12] | especially by doctors. | 尤其得不到医生的肯定 |
[08:14] | It’s not that bad here, is it? | 也没你说的那么糟糕吧 |
[08:16] | You know what the MD at the end of this badge means? | 你知道这个徽章上面MD这个缩写是什么意思吗 |
[08:19] | It means, I make the decisions. | 意思就是 由我做决定 |
[08:21] | You got that, missy? | 懂了吗 小姑娘 |
[08:23] | I’ll see you at home. | 回家见吧 |
[08:27] | And sometimes, it’s not even that subtle. | 有时候 这种表现也太过明显 |
[08:30] | My post-op patient is still going in and out of consciousness. | 这位病人在术后时常进出于昏迷和清醒的状态 |
[08:34] | You know what I’d like to go in and out of? | 你知道我喜欢在什么地方进进出出吗 |
[08:36] | Disrespecting nurses five! | 为不尊重护士击掌 |
[08:41] | They’re booting Mr. Vaughn. | Vaughn先生要被赶走了 |
[08:42] | His insurance won’t pay for him to stay here any longer. | 他的保险公司不会再为他支付住院费用 |
[08:44] | He lives all alone. He’s not ready to take care of himself yet. | 他孑然一身 肯定照顾不好自己的 |
[08:47] | You know what? I’ve got pull with Dr. Cox. Let me handle this. | 我跟Cox医生交情不错 让我来处理吧 |
[08:50] | Mr. Vaughn is such a sweetie. | Vaughn先生是多么好的一个人 |
[08:52] | Don’t you wish you could just | 难道你不希望 |
[08:53] | bring him home and take care of him yourself? | 将他带回家自己照顾他吗 |
[08:59] | You’re late. | 回来这么晚 |
[09:01] | Not five seconds in the door, | 进门还没5秒钟呢 |
[09:03] | and it’s already number three on Mr. Vaughn’s greatest hits! | Vaughn先生就用上了他经典语录的第三条 |
[09:06] | You know, why stop there, Frank? | 为什么不说了 Frank |
[09:08] | Coming in at number two, | 接下来是第二条 |
[09:09] | “You never introduce me to people at parties.” | “你从来不在派对上跟别人介绍我” |
[09:12] | And at the top of the charts as always, | 还有别忘了榜上的第一名 |
[09:14] | “What about my feelings?” | “你有考虑过我的感受吗” |
[09:17] | I only say those things because I love you. | 我会说这些是因为我爱你 |
[09:19] | Well, you’ve got a funny way of showing it. | 是吗 那你的表达方式也太奇怪了 |
[09:24] | You know what? That might be a little weird. | 你猜怎么着 那样或许会有点怪 |
[09:27] | And how many catheters do we normally order? | 正常情况下我们会预订多少导管呢 |
[09:30] | Well, just order that! Great. | 好吧 就这么订了 太棒了 |
[09:34] | And there we go. | 搞定了 |
[09:36] | – What do you think? – Why? | – 你觉得怎样 – 为什么这么做 |
[09:38] | Because, now you can see the back of it. See? | 因为这样你就能领略到这幅作品的真谛了 |
[09:41] | Life is more interesting when you look at the back of things. | 当你透过事情表面去观察它们时 生命会变得更加有趣 |
[09:44] | Women, that’s obvious, baseball cards, puppet shows. | 女人 这点很明显 还有棒球卡 木偶秀 |
[09:48] | Plus, you get the 3D effect. Look at this. | 还有 你能看到3D效果 瞧 |
[09:51] | Hey, what’s that off in the distance? A hospital of some sort? | 嘿 远处是什么呢 是家医院吗 |
[09:54] | It is a hospital. Never mind, it took off again. | 是家医院 没关系 它又离远了 |
[09:57] | Here it comes again. What’s it want? | 又来了 它想怎样 |
[09:59] | It’s got Terry! Everyone run! You know. It’s a game. | 它逮到Terry了 所有人快跑 你懂的 这是个游戏 |
[10:03] | Try again there, Chewie. | 重新挂吧 橡皮糖 |
[10:06] | And done. We are the hell out of here. | 终于搞定这件事 可以离开这儿了 |
[10:08] | Hey there, new Chief! | 嘿 新主任 |
[10:10] | Barbie, did you not see the list outside? | 芭比 你没有看到外面那张名单吗 |
[10:12] | I saw it. I’m a “Sometimes allowed.” | 我看到了 我属于”有时能进来”的那类人 |
[10:15] | Well, now isn’t one of those times. | 没错 但现在不是你能进来的时候 |
[10:17] | – Yeah, but… – Don’t care, get out. | – 好吧 但是 – 我不在乎 出去吧 |
[10:18] | Man! | 服了你 |
[10:21] | I am not answering that. | 我不想接这个电话 |
[10:22] | Carla, finally, a friendly face. | Carla 终于有个友善的面孔了 |
[10:25] | The phone won’t stop ringing. | 电话一直响个不停 |
[10:26] | Everybody and their sister wants a favor. | 所有人和他们的护士都要求帮忙 |
[10:28] | Actually, speaking of favors, | 实际上 说到帮忙 |
[10:30] | I’ve been noticing all the recent forced overtime. | 我已经留意到最近的强迫性加班 |
[10:33] | Maybe we could hire a few extra nurses? | 也许我们可以多请几个护士 |
[10:36] | Of course that’s what you wanted. | 你们当然希望这样了 |
[10:41] | Just testing out the hammer. See if it works. It does. | 我只是想试下这把锤子看它能不能用 可以用 |
[10:45] | The Board wants to know why you haven’t submitted a new budget. | 董事会想知道为什么你还没提交新预算 |
[10:48] | Hey! You’re not the only one who can hammer. | 嘿 不只你会敲打 |
[10:54] | I’ll just come back another time. | 我换个时间再来吧 |
[10:58] | Carla Carla. | |
[11:01] | Stop it. | 别锤了 |
[11:05] | I can’t help you with the nurses. And I’m really sorry. | 请护士的事 抱歉我真的帮不上忙 |
[11:09] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[11:13] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[11:19] | Wow! | 哇 |
[11:21] | Nice digs, Per. | 这房间不错嘛 Per |
[11:22] | Didn’t you see your name on the | 没看到你的名字在 |
[11:24] | “Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever” List? | “任何时候都不能进来”的名单上吗 |
[11:25] | No, it’s not on there. | 不 我的名字不在上面 |
[11:27] | – Ted! – I’m on it. | – Ted – 我去加上 |
[11:29] | Look, my pneumonia patient is being discharged, | 听着 我那位得了肺炎的病人被迫出院 |
[11:31] | and he’s not ready. If he goes home now, | 但他还没准备好 如果他现在出院的话 |
[11:33] | he could develop ARDS, he could relapse, | 他可能会患上成人呼吸窘迫综合征 可能复发 |
[11:35] | even fall and break his hip. I need you to keep him here longer. | 甚至可能摔断髋骨 我需要你留他在这儿多住段时间 |
[11:38] | Can’t do it. | 办不到 |
[11:39] | The Board knows I pull strings for patients | 董事会知道我私下帮助病人 |
[11:41] | and they’re all over my ass. | 现在对我看得很紧 |
[11:42] | I got to stay below the radar for a little while. | 所以最近我得低调点了 |
[11:45] | Okay. You know what? We’re cool. | 好吧 你知道我们很够哥儿们的 |
[11:47] | No. We are not cool. | 不 我们不哥儿们 |
[11:49] | What? Why aren’t we cool? | 什么 为什么我们不哥儿们 |
[11:51] | It must be because we’re super cool. Ask him. | 肯定是因为我们超级哥儿们 问他吧 |
[11:54] | – Is it because… – And no, we’re not super cool. | – 是不是因为 – 还有 我们也不算超级哥儿们 |
[11:57] | Look, you seem to think that just because I have this new job, | 听着 你好像觉得我升职后 |
[12:00] | that suddenly I don’t realize that the patients come first. | 就突然间忘了该将病人摆在第一位了 |
[12:04] | That I’ve somehow forgotten what matters. | 觉得我好像忘了什么才是重要的 |
[12:06] | For the love of God, I taught you what matters, | 看在上帝份上 我教你什么才是重要的 |
[12:10] | you arrogant, pretentious, self-righteous, little jackass. | 你这妄自尊大 自命不凡 自以为是的小混蛋 |
[12:14] | Are you hammering in the perfect spots for emphasis? | 你是不是故意敲在关键词上来突出重点 |
[12:18] | I was trying to, yeah. | 是的 我试着这么做 |
[12:19] | Well, it was just terrific. Thank you for that. | 好的 很棒 谢谢你 |
[12:22] | And you, get the hell out of my office. | 还有你 快滚出我的办公室 |
[12:25] | Yes, sir. | 收到 |
[12:26] | As I left, I couldn’t tell | 在我离开的时候 我无法辨别 |
[12:28] | if that pounding was the Janitor’s hammering | 刚才的重击声是门卫敲墙发出的 |
[12:30] | or just the sound in my head of Dr. Cox finally being boxed in. | 还是我脑海里Cox医生被禁锢的声音 |
[12:47] | Sometimes, all you can hope for is | 有时你只能期望得到 |
[12:48] | a chance to breathe every now and then. | 能够放松一下的机会 |
[13:02] | This is the Chief of Medicine. | 我是医学主任 |
[13:07] | Well, that’s fine. We will get together | 行 那周四我们见个面 |
[13:09] | and discuss the NICU issue on Thursday then. | 讨论神经外科加强监护病房的相关事宜 |
[13:12] | All righty. | 好的 |
[13:15] | Are you finally finished with the project? | 你终于完成你的伟大工程了吧 |
[13:17] | Yep. All done. | 是的 搞定了 |
[13:19] | Uh-oh. | 啊噢 |
[13:21] | Oh, boy! | 噢天呐 |
[13:22] | I got the nail in there, but it’s loose. | 我将钉子钉那儿了 不过太松了 |
[13:25] | You know what? I’m gonna go get some putty. | 我得去搞些油灰 |
[13:27] | If you just hold this right here, I’ll be done in a second. | 如果你将它扶在这儿 那么我很快就能搞定 |
[13:29] | For the love of God. | 看在上帝份上 |
[13:31] | Just hold it level and tight. | 水平固定住它 |
[13:33] | – Bear the weight. – Here. | – 小心重 – 好 |
[13:34] | Hold it right there. I’ll be back in one minute. | 保持在这个地方 我很快回来 |
[13:36] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很棒 |
[13:39] | So, that’s what a Chief of Medicine does. | 看来这就是医学主任的工作啊 |
[13:43] | Now what’s with the lab coat, Bob? | Bob 你干嘛穿着白大褂 |
[13:46] | The old gal down in pharmacy doesn’t know that I’ve retired, | 药房那位熟女不知道我已经退休了 |
[13:49] | so she still hooks me up with free morning-after pills. | 所以她还在给我免费的事后避孕药 |
[13:52] | Sir, I was just looking over the… Oh, dear God in heaven! | 主任 我刚刚翻阅 噢 我的老天爷 |
[13:59] | Still got it. | 我的威力不减嘛 |
[14:00] | How’s the pulse, Ted? | Ted 脉搏还正常吧 |
[14:03] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[14:04] | Why don’t you go somewhere and lie down? | 要不你去找个地方躺下 |
[14:06] | Nah. I don’t need to go dressing on… | 不 我不需要去穿上 |
[14:12] | So, the Janitor still doing the picture thing, huh? | 看来门卫还在搞这玩意儿 |
[14:15] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍 |
[14:16] | Well, every time he would ask me for a real office, I’d say “No.” | 每次他问我要一间真正的办公室 我都会说不 |
[14:19] | So, now if anyone gets a nice new office, | 所以 现在每当有人搬进新办公室的时候 |
[14:23] | he gets very angry and he uses that picture to drive them insane. | 他就会变得很生气 用那幅画来逼疯别人 |
[14:31] | Now what the hell does a janitor need an office for anyway? | 你说门卫到底需要办公室来干嘛 |
[14:37] | So you wanna discuss the urinal cake issue on Thursday, huh? | 所以你想在周四谈谈如何在公共厕所搭讪的问题对吧 |
[14:39] | Let me check my calendar. | 让我看下日程表先 |
[14:42] | All right, Steve. I’ll… | 好吧 Steve 我会 |
[14:44] | Huh? | 啊 |
[14:45] | What did they do? | 他们做了些什么 |
[14:46] | Oh. Hey. Good one. A little racist. | 噢 嘿 不错 这个小种族主义者 |
[14:50] | Yeah, you… | 是的 你 |
[14:51] | You know what? Just give my love to Darlene, okay? | 替我向Darlene打个招呼 好吗 |
[14:54] | Real… Syphilis, huh? | 真的吗 梅毒 啊 |
[14:56] | Well, that’s… | 好吧 真是 |
[14:58] | I’m not a doctor, Steve. But… | 我不是医生 Steve 但 |
[15:02] | That seems unusual, even for syphilis. | 你的症状对梅毒来说都太过凶残了 |
[15:06] | I can’t believe they’re just kicking him out. | 真不敢相信他们要赶走他 |
[15:08] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[15:09] | What happened to all that pull you have with Dr. Cox? | 你不是说跟Cox医生交情很好吗 |
[15:12] | Look, he said his hands are tied on this one. | 听着 他说他也束手无策 |
[15:14] | – Poppycock. – What? | – 胡诌 – 什么 |
[15:16] | That’s old man for “Bullcrap.” | 那是老人家表达”胡扯”的说法 |
[15:18] | You’re an odd duck, aren’t you? | 你是个怪胎 对吧 |
[15:19] | That’s what they tell me, but I don’t see it. | 别人都这么说我 但我不觉得 |
[15:22] | So I asked Dr. Cox about | 我已经请求Cox医生 |
[15:24] | hiring some extra nurses and he said “No.” | 多请几个护士 但他说不行 |
[15:27] | Did you really ask him | 你真的问他了吗 |
[15:28] | or did you just compliment him on his new office? | 还是只赞赏了他的新办公室 |
[15:31] | – You know what? Frick them. – Frick them? I’m one of them. | – 草他们 – 草他们干嘛 我也是他们其中之一 |
[15:35] | Yeah, but they’re acting like a bunch of frickheads. | 没错 但他们表现得像一群臭婊子 |
[15:37] | Sorry about all the F bombs. | 抱歉骂了一堆脏话 |
[15:39] | I don’t blame them for being frustrated at working here, | 我不怪他们在这里工作受气 |
[15:42] | because a lot of the times, I feel the same way. | 因为很多时候 我也感同身受 |
[15:45] | God, you are so clueless. | 天啊 你还不懂我意思 |
[15:47] | You’re not mad at me, you’re just frustrated about something else | 你没在生我气 你只是对他们感到郁闷 |
[15:49] | and you’re taking it out on me. | 然后发泄在我身上 |
[15:51] | I mean, it’s like last night, when my favorite shoes | 就像昨晚 当我最爱的那双鞋 |
[15:53] | made my toes bleed, | 害得我脚趾头流血 |
[15:54] | and so I called you a frizzy-haired mega-bitch. | 我就叫你卷毛大婊子那样 |
[15:56] | That’s why we had to make the rule | 所以我们才必须说好 |
[15:57] | that we can’t just dump on each other | 不能仅仅因为我们不爽其他员工 |
[15:59] | just ’cause we’re pissy about other stuff. | 就把气生在彼此身上 |
[16:00] | We need to cancel that rule. | 我们要取消这条规定 |
[16:02] | Yeah, I agree. It was stupid. I hated it. | 同意 确实很傻 我很讨厌它 |
[16:03] | Yeah, but, Elliot, | 是的 但 Elliot |
[16:05] | all nurses want is to be treated with the same respect | 护士们希望自己能够跟你们医生一样 |
[16:07] | that you doctors get treated with every single day. | 每天都能得到别人的尊重 |
[16:10] | – I do that. – You do with me. | – 我很尊重他们 – 你只尊重我 |
[16:12] | But what about all the other nurses? Like Barbara this morning. | 但其他护士呢 像今早Barbara那样 |
[16:15] | Were you as respectful as you could have been? | 你有像你能做到的那样去尊重她吗 |
[16:18] | And, ma’am, you should feel confident | 还有 女士 对于注射克林霉素 |
[16:20] | in the decision to give you Clindamycin, | 你可以完全放心 |
[16:22] | because it was made by someone who went to medical school | 因为这个决定是由某位上过医学院的人作出的 |
[16:24] | and not someone who turned to nursing | 而非某位当歌星失败后 |
[16:25] | after a failed career as a recording artist. | 转行做护士的人给出的 |
[16:27] | And don’t you dare try to kick-box me. | 你最好不要想着踢我 |
[16:31] | Maybe not totally respectful. | 或许没有那么的尊重人 |
[16:38] | When he gets a startle like the one I gave him earlier, | 当他像刚刚那样被我吓到时 |
[16:41] | he usually sleeps about 18 hours. | 一般会睡上个18小时 |
[16:45] | Have people been taking care of him since I left? | 自从我离开后有人照顾他吗 |
[16:47] | We’ve all been pitching in, | 我们都有出力 |
[16:48] | spending time with him, taking him on walks. | 和他一起消磨时间 陪他散步 |
[16:52] | Who’s a good boy? | 小家伙表现真好 |
[16:55] | So, why are you so afraid to get all up in Dr. Cox’s grill? | 所以 你为什么那么害怕惹怒Cox医生 |
[16:59] | We both know | 我们俩都清楚 |
[16:59] | he can occasionally be somewhat of a vengeful person. | 他有时候报复心很强 |
[17:03] | – This is demeaning. – I know, | – 这太羞辱人了 – 我知道 |
[17:05] | but that’s where I want the picture for the rest of the day. | 但我今天就想那幅画在那个位置 |
[17:11] | Listen, if he wanted to | 听着 如果他想 |
[17:12] | find a place to hide your patient, he could. | 找到地方安置你的病人 他会设法做到的 |
[17:15] | He’s just stressed and out of his elements, | 他只是压力山大 不知所措 |
[17:17] | and, hell, he’s scared. | 还有 他很害怕 |
[17:19] | And even if he hasn’t realized it, | 尽管他还没有意识到这点 |
[17:20] | this job is changing him already, | 这份工作已经在改变他了 |
[17:22] | because it comes with | 因为随之而来的 |
[17:23] | a whole host of overwhelming responsibilities, | 是一大堆令人喘不过气的责任 |
[17:26] | including keeping this hospital afloat. | 包括维持这家医院的正常运转 |
[17:29] | I’d help him if he’d let me, but you know he won’t. | 只要他愿意 我可以帮他 但你知道他不可能愿意 |
[17:31] | When I was Chief, if Dr. Cox came to me | 在我当主任的时候 一旦Cox医生来找我 |
[17:34] | and complained about something I would automatically say “No.” | 抱怨事情 我都会自动说”不” |
[17:37] | And if he never complained again, | 如果他没再跑来抱怨 |
[17:38] | I’d know it wasn’t that important. | 我就会知道事情没那么重要 |
[17:39] | But if he came back and fought for it over and over, | 但如果他不断跑来我这儿 不屈不挠 |
[17:43] | I knew it was something that I’d have to take a look at. | 我就知道这件事该引起我重视了 |
[17:45] | Now he’s me, | 现在他身处我的位置 |
[17:48] | and he’s got this damn voice in his head | 他脑海里有个该死的声音 |
[17:50] | telling him to say “No” all the time. | 不断地提醒他说”不” |
[17:53] | And he desperately needs someone on the other side | 因此他迫切需要有个人站在另一边 |
[17:57] | to tell him what he should do, | 提醒他做该做的事 |
[17:58] | whether he wants to hear it or not. | 无论他想不想听 |
[18:00] | And now, that person is you. | 现在 这个角色由你来演 |
[18:03] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[18:08] | – Will he at least be grateful? – No. | – 他至少会感激我这么做吧 – 不会的 |
[18:10] | He’s gonna hate you for it. | 他会因此而憎恨你 |
[18:13] | Go! | 上吧 |
[18:19] | What? | 什么事 |
[18:20] | Hey, guys. How’s it going over here? | 嘿 大伙都在聊什么 |
[18:25] | Awesome. | 好极了 |
[18:28] | Look, Barb, I really just wanted to come by and apologize | 听着 Barb 我只是想过来跟你道个歉 |
[18:32] | for the way I treated you earlier. | 因为之前那样子对你 |
[18:34] | I was planning on waiting for you in the parking lot tonight | 我还打算今晚在停车场等你 |
[18:36] | and kicking your teeth in. | 将你暴揍一顿 |
[18:38] | – Please don’t. – Even if she tried, | – 请别这样 – 即使她这么做 |
[18:39] | Carla would just swoop in and protect her doctor friend. | Carla也会及时站出来保护她的医生朋友 |
[18:43] | Look, you guys aren’t even really mad at Carla. | 你们根本没在讨厌Carla |
[18:44] | You’re just frustrated by the situation | 你们只是对目前的处境感到丧气 |
[18:46] | and you’re taking it out on her. | 然后发泄在Carla身上 |
[18:48] | Carla and I actually had a rule about that earlier, | 实际上 关于这点我和她之前说好了 |
[18:50] | but we canceled it because… | 但我们取消了这条规定 因为 |
[18:51] | You know what? Probably not that pertinent. | 好吧 那好像跟这事儿关系不大 |
[18:54] | The point is, Carla’s a nurse first. | 重点就是 Carla首先是个护士 |
[18:57] | Even if it means yelling at her best friend. | 尽管这意味着她对自己最好的朋友 也就是我 |
[18:59] | That’s me. | 破口大骂 |
[19:00] | She said that out loud earlier. You can ask anyone. | 她之前亲口承认了这点 你们可以问问她 |
[19:03] | Anyway. You can either use her relationships with us as doctors | 总之 你们可以利用她跟我们这些医生的关系 |
[19:06] | to start a dialog and make things better, | 表达你们的看法 |
[19:09] | or ignore me, stay pissed and you can all hold me down | 也可以无视我 继续不爽 今晚在停车场 |
[19:12] | in the parking lot tonight while Barb here boot-stomps my face. | 将我按倒 让Barb踩我的脸 |
[19:19] | Taking a pretty long time to think about it. | 用这么长一段时间好好想想 |
[19:25] | Oh. | 噢 |
[19:26] | You got me there. | 刚刚被你吓到 |
[19:28] | I thought that was when it was all gonna go down. | 我还以为你真的想打我 |
[19:31] | Look, I don’t care if we have to fake a secondary infection, | 听着 我不管我们是不是得假装Vaughn先生继发性感染 |
[19:33] | or claim he’s allergic to his medication, | 或者声称他对药物治疗过敏 |
[19:36] | Mr. Vaughn needs to be back here in a bed, and you know it. | 反正他就是得回到病床上 你知道的 |
[19:39] | I got about the answer I expected. | 我得到了想要的答复 |
[19:41] | – Get out! – No. | – 滚出去 – 不 |
[19:44] | Actually, you know what, stay if you want to. | 好吧 随便你 想站那儿就站那儿 |
[19:46] | I’m going to get out of this cage | 我要逃离这个牢笼 |
[19:50] | and I’m gonna go out and see some patients. | 出去看下病人 |
[19:53] | No, you’re not. It’s 7:00. Your day’s over. | 不 已经7点了 你可以下班了 |
[19:56] | It’s scary how easy it is to become resigned to your lot in life. | 真可怕 人就是这么容易被生活掌控 |
[20:00] | You just go about your business, same as always. | 你会像往常那样 例行公事 |
[20:02] | So, I hear you’re the new personnel director. | 听说你是新来的人力主管 |
[20:05] | Nice office. I just have to hang this. | 办公室很不错 我得将这幅画挂起来 |
[20:08] | That’s why even the tiniest change in a dynamic | 这也是为什么一个最细微的变化 |
[20:10] | can seem monumental. | 就能产生巨大的效应 |
[20:12] | – Good night, Carla. Good night, Elliot. – Good night. | – 晚安 Carla 晚安 Elliot – 晚安 |
[20:15] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:18] | – Did you do something good? – I totally did. | – 你是做了什么好事吗 – 没错 |
[20:25] | Okay, take good care of him. | 好吧 好好照顾他 |
[20:28] | As for me, I was fine with my new lot in life, | 我呢 对自己的生活现状感到很满意 |
[20:31] | because I knew the payoff would always outweigh the cost. | 因为我知道收获总会超过付出 |
[20:35] | Dr. Cox. | Cox医生 |
[20:40] | Look, I want to thank you for listening to me about Mr. Vaughn. | 听着 我想谢谢你在Vaughn的事上听了我的建议 |
[20:43] | Yeah. Go to hell. | 是的 滚远点 |
[20:49] | Or not. | 或者不感谢你 |
[20:58] | *Swing low, sweet chariot* | *轻轻摇晃 可爱的马车* |
[21:04] | *Chariot* | *马车* |
[21:07] | *Coming for to carry me home* | *来载我回家* |
[21:12] | Oh, hey, Dr. Wells. How’s it going? | 噢嘿 Wells医生 怎么啦 |
[21:14] | *Swing low* | *轻轻摇晃* |
[21:18] | *Sweet chariot* | *可爱的马车* |
[21:22] | *Coming for to carry me home* | *来载我回家* |