时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | One week teaching here and already I was following back | 在这里教学一周 我就已经跟着 |
[00:05] | in old rhythms with my friend and mentor Dr.Perry Cox. | 我的良师益友Perry Cox医生遵循老规律了 |
[00:08] | Beautiful day, huh, big Perr | 美好的一天 是吧 老Perr |
[00:09] | Dear God, newbie where’d you come from? | 亲娘啊 菜鸟 你从哪儿冒出来的 |
[00:11] | Don’t tell me you’re following me. | 别告诉我你一直在跟踪我 |
[00:12] | Following you? We’ve been walking together | 跟踪你 咱俩从停车场就 |
[00:15] | and following the old rhythem since the parking structure. | 按照老步调一起走了 |
[00:17] | I told you about my new shampoo | 我给你讲了我的新洗发水 |
[00:18] | and how it’s infused with honey | 以及里面加了蜂蜜 |
[00:20] | Hold that thought, forever. | 打住 永远别往下 |
[00:22] | Hey, you. Now did I or did I not handcraft you something | 嘿 你 我有没有亲手给你做点东西让你戴着 |
[00:27] | to wear that symbolizes your importance to me? | 来表现你在我心中的重要位置 |
[00:29] | What is it? If he won’t wear it, I will. Is it a cloak? | 什么东西 如果他不戴 我戴 是斗篷吗 |
[00:31] | ’cause I look dynamited in a cloak. | 我穿斗篷可是帅呆了 |
[00:33] | He’s to always wear a sign that says “Number 1.” | 他应该一直在身上贴一张写着”天字一号”的牌子 |
[00:36] | It signifies that he is the one med student | 以此来凸显他是让我看到希望的 |
[00:38] | – For which I have hope. – Thanks. It’s a nightmare. | – 那个医科学生 – 谢了 真是场噩梦 |
[00:41] | All the best, number 1. | 祝你好运 天字一号 |
[00:44] | You don’t have to wear this. | 你可以不贴的 |
[00:46] | Look how–look how silly it looks on me, yeah? | 看看 看看我贴着有多傻 对吧 |
[00:49] | I hate wearing this so much. | 我太讨厌贴这个了 |
[00:51] | he said, “You put that on you,” And he was yelling. | 他说 “你把那个贴上” 还是用喊的 |
[00:54] | And I was like, “Okay, don’t get mad.” | 而我就一副 “好好好 犯得着生气吗” |
[00:56] | But I don’t want to wear it. I don’t. | 但是我不想贴 一点都不 |
[01:00] | Guard that, number 1. | 守护好了 天字一号 |
[01:02] | No. | 别动 |
[01:03] | – You’re dangerous, aren’t you? – Yes, I am. | – 你很危险 对不对 – 是的 我很危险 |
[01:06] | I bet you listen to rap music. | 我打赌你一定听说唱乐 |
[01:11] | There he is. | 他在那儿呢 |
[01:12] | No one has sex with lucy bennett, | 没人能和Lucy Bennett上床 |
[01:14] | takes naked pictures of her and gets away with it. | 拍她裸照 还可以全身而退 |
[01:17] | Cole Cole. | |
[01:19] | I’m not sure I like what you did. Served! | 我不确定自己喜欢你的所作所为 我赢了 |
[01:22] | I know I blew any chance of us being together again, | 我知道 我再次毁了咱俩在一起的一切机会 |
[01:25] | And that kills me. And I’m sorry. | 我因此很难受 也很抱歉 |
[01:28] | I just… need to think about who I am for a second, you know? | 我只是 需要先想想自己是谁 你懂吗 |
[01:32] | ‘sup, boo? What you doing? | 咋样啊 傻瓜 你干啥呢 |
[01:35] | I’m making sure these machines keep this vegetable alive. | 我要确保这些机器能维持这个植物人的生命 |
[01:38] | Man, I wish his family would just let him die. | 天啊 我希望他的家人干脆让他死了算了 |
[01:40] | Mm, cool, cool. | 嗯 酷 酷 |
[01:42] | So what are we gonna do about… This? | 那么 咱俩要怎么处理 这个 |
[01:47] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈的在说什么呢 |
[01:48] | I’m talking about this–this electricity, this spark. Zzt! | 我在说这种 这种电流 电火花 吱吱 |
[01:54] | Go now. | 快滚 |
[01:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:57] | Here’s a little secret about old king cole. | 告诉你个关于老皇帝Cole的小秘密 |
[02:00] | The only way to get rid of him is to sleep with him… | 想摆脱他的唯一方法就是一直和他嘿咻 |
[02:04] | until he gets bored with you. | 直到他厌烦你了 |
[02:07] | Yeah, I’m gonna go get a wire brush | 是吗 我要去找个钢丝刷 |
[02:10] | and scrub my skin till I bleed. | 不刷出血不停手 |
[02:13] | All right, class, first order of business is simple. | 好的 同学们 第一条任务很简单 |
[02:15] | We’re gonna take out our… | 我们要拿出 |
[02:18] | J.D., what are you doing? | J D 你在干什么 |
[02:19] | Just watching you teach. You know, in this light, | 观摩你教学 你懂的 在这种灯光下 |
[02:22] | you look like Denzel Washington | 你看起来就像<伟大辩手>里的 |
[02:23] | Denzel Washington in “The great debaters.” | |
[02:24] | Come on, man. I’m working here. | 拜托 兄弟 我这儿还工作着呢 |
[02:27] | Now listen. If you– | 现在听好了 如果你们 |
[02:28] | You know that’s what I was going for, right? | 你知道我本来就要说这句的 对吧 |
[02:29] | It’s pretty obvious. | 再明显不过了 |
[02:31] | All right, class, you now have 30 seconds | 好吧 同学们 你们现在有30秒 |
[02:32] | to list the adductor muscles of the hip. | 来列出臀部的内收肌群 |
[02:34] | Your group does not want to be last. Ready? Go. | 你们小组可不会想当最后一名 准备好了吗 开始 |
[02:37] | – The pressure here can make some students crack… – Aah! | – 这儿的压力会让某些学生崩溃 – 啊 |
[02:42] | – Aah! – Amir, you can’t just be grabbing kidneys like that! | – 啊 – Amir 你不能那么去拽肾脏 |
[02:46] | Bring it back! | 给我拿回来 |
[02:47] | Others found ways to blow off steam. | 其他人想方设法释放压力 |
[02:52] | What? What are you doing? No. Stop. Take it off. | 什么 你在干什么 不 快住手 拿下来 |
[02:54] | I can’t. H-he’ll know. He’s everywhere. | 不行 他 他会知道的 他无处不在 |
[02:56] | -And the worst part -Drew, I don’t care. I’m losing wood. | – 而且更糟糕的是 – Drew 我不关心 我要失去”性”趣了 |
[02:59] | And Dr. Cox made sure that the pressure never let up. | 而Cox医生一直确保压力不会减少 |
[03:02] | Centerfold, your previous answer was so wrong, | Centerfold 你之前的答案简直错得离谱 |
[03:04] | it almost became right again. | 差点错成对的了 |
[03:06] | Now if you would, please help me choose the subject | 现在 如果你愿意的话 请帮我为接下来的批评 |
[03:08] | for my impending criticism. Would you like me to nail you | 选个主题 你是愿意我说你 |
[03:11] | for A, You being too attractive | 选项A 徒有外表的花架子 |
[03:14] | to ever be taken seriously as a doctor, | 永远不会有人把你当医生 |
[03:15] | B, Your upsettingly small ears | 选项B 耳朵小到吓人 |
[03:17] | Or C, That your stupidity is probably contagious? | 或者选项C 你的愚蠢是可传染的 |
[03:20] | I guess my contagious stupidity. | 我猜 选愚蠢可传染吧 |
[03:22] | Great call. Your ears. Ah ha ha! | 选得不错 答案是你的耳朵 啊 哈哈 |
[03:25] | Welcome, welcome, number one. | 欢迎 欢迎啊 天字一号 |
[03:27] | Certainly, with your human-size ears, | 靠着你正常大小的耳朵 |
[03:29] | you can tell us what the three components | 你一定能告诉我们胃粘膜的 |
[03:31] | of the mucosa layer of the stomach are. | 三个组成部分是什么 |
[03:33] | Epithelium, lamina propria, muscularis mucosa. | 上皮细胞 固有层 以及黏膜肌层 |
[03:36] | That was perfect. | 真不错 |
[03:38] | Okay, class, who hates Dr. Cox’s favorite student? | 好的 同学们 有谁讨厌Cox医生的得意门生 |
[03:42] | Wow it’s the first time you assassins have gotten one right all day. | 哇 你们这些勇将 一整天终于对了一道题了 |
[03:47] | There was one bright light for these kids, though, | 然而 对这些孩子来讲 还是有一线光明的 |
[03:49] | And that was me, Dr. D. | 那就是我 D医生 |
[03:52] | Hey, bro, the sun is, like, super bright. | 嘿 兄弟 那个太阳啊 真的 超级晃眼睛 |
[03:55] | Can you come down? | 你能下来不 |
[03:56] | I, like, told you that | 就像我告诉过你的一样 |
[03:58] | the branches are a metaphor for the cardiovascular system, | 这些树枝暗喻着心血管系统 |
[04:01] | so no, I cannot come down. | 所以 不行 我不能下来 |
[04:03] | Hence, tree class dismissed. | 现在 大树班下课了 |
[04:06] | Great class, Dr. D. | 课讲得不错 D医生 |
[04:08] | Even better than the one you did with interpretive dance. | 比你用跳舞来讲解的那堂课还精彩 |
[04:10] | Thanks. I call it “Teacher-tainment.” | 谢了 我称之为”寓教于乐” |
[04:13] | Would you be a doll and get a message to Dr. Turk A.S.A.P.? | 你能好心地帮我尽快给Turk医生捎个口信吗 |
[04:15] | Tell him I’m stuck in the tree again, | 告诉他我又困在树上了 |
[04:17] | but this time there appear to be many bees. | 问题是这回好像还有好多蜜蜂 |
[04:20] | Hurry, lucy! I’ve got honey hair! | 快点 Lucy 我头发还有蜂蜜味 |
[04:24] | Ugh. That tool cole keeps texting me. | 呃 那个蠢蛋Cole一直给我发短信 |
[04:27] | “I have a little cole for your slaw.” | “让我给你的卷心菜沙拉里加点油菜” |
[04:29] | So romantic. You should hit that. | 太浪漫了 你应该上他 |
[04:30] | At least Dr. Cox doesn’t make you send a picture of yourself | 至少Cox医生没有让你每十分钟给他发张 |
[04:32] | every ten minutes wearing a “Number 1” sign. | 你贴着”天字一号”牌子的照片 |
[04:34] | Wait a minute. What are we doing? | 等会儿 咱们在干嘛 |
[04:35] | – Talking. – No, this feels like sharing, and it’s gross. | – 聊天 – 不 感觉更像是交心 恶心死了 |
[04:38] | Drew, I need to be clear about what it is I’m looking for, | Drew 我需要澄清一下我想要的是什么 |
[04:41] | you know, with us. | 你知道的 咱俩之间 |
[04:43] | Nothing. | 划清界限 |
[04:43] | Same here. | 我也一样 |
[04:44] | – Sorry about the sharing. – Oh, no, no. It was both of us. | – 很抱歉我交心了 – 哦 不 不 咱俩都有错 |
[04:50] | Oh, now that’s just outstanding. | 哦 这可真是太棒了 |
[04:53] | – Dude, again? – Finally. Where have you been? | – 兄弟 又来 – 你终于来了 你跑哪去了 |
[04:56] | I came as soon as I heard. | 我一听到就赶来了 |
[04:58] | I thought you said there were bees. Where are the bees? | 我以为你说有蜜蜂的 蜜蜂哪去了 |
[05:00] | They’re quiet now, but I think they’re plotting something big. | 它们现在安静了 但是我觉得它们在密谋什么大事 |
[05:05] | Let’s get him out of there. | 咱们把他弄下来 |
[05:06] | Hell, yeah. Give me a chance to use old Megan Fox. Mwah. | 没错 正好给我个机会用用我的梅根福克斯 啵 |
[05:09] | That’s just a tranq gun. It’s an elephant dose. | 只是支麻醉枪 大象剂量 |
[05:11] | But don’t worry. We cut it with some diet soda. | 但是别担心 我们已经用健怡汽水减小药性了 |
[05:13] | Can’t we just shake the tree again? | 咱就不能再晃晃树吗 |
[05:15] | Go shake. | 去晃吧 |
[05:17] | Come on, little white baby. Jump into my arms. | 快点 小白孩儿 往我怀里跳 |
[05:21] | You all right? | 你还好吧 |
[05:23] | It’s like being held by a big piece of caramel. | 就像被一大团焦糖抱住一样 |
[05:28] | You never want to end up in Dr. Cox’s eye line, | 你永远不想落到Cox医生的视线里 |
[05:30] | Because if he sees you, | 因为如果他看见你 |
[05:31] | – He makes you do grunt work. – You all right? | – 就会让你做苦工 – 你还好吗 |
[05:34] | Oh, what the french? Sorry. | 哦 什么鬼 抱歉 |
[05:38] | I was just hiding from one of my teachers. | 我刚才在躲一个老师呢 |
[05:39] | It’s a little game we play. | 这是我们玩的一个小游戏 |
[05:41] | – Really? – No. You can win at games. | – 真的吗 – 假的 玩游戏你还能赢 |
[05:44] | Got bad news for you, sweetheart. You lost. | 甜心 有个坏消息哦 你输了 |
[05:52] | I need you to go ahead and take mr. Evans’ chart here | 我要你去把这个Evan先生的表格 |
[05:55] | and make four copies. Drop one off at my office, | 复印四份 一份放我办公室 |
[05:57] | one at my car, one at the bar that I frequent, | 一份放到我车里 一份放我常去的酒吧 |
[05:59] | and then go bury one in the quad and draw me up a map, | 然后在院子里埋一份 给我画个地图 |
[06:02] | just in case I want to go on a treasure hunt later on. | 以防我稍后想玩个寻宝游戏 |
[06:04] | Hmm. 10 after. Goodness gracious. | 恩 过十点了 奶奶个熊 |
[06:06] | Oh, darn it all. Now if that ink runs, | 哦 他娘的 如果墨水散开了 |
[06:09] | I’m gonna have to replace the whole sign. | 我就得重做整块牌子了 |
[06:11] | Weird. Broken ribs and a possible rupture spleen? | 真诡异 肋骨断裂 潜在脾破裂 |
[06:15] | Was mr. Evans in an accident? | Evans先生出车祸了吗 |
[06:17] | Yes, he was in a train wreck called his life. | 没错 他的人生出了严重的车祸 |
[06:19] | You see, Alan Evans is a hard-core drunk, | 你看 Alan Evans是个十足的大酒鬼 |
[06:21] | an alkie, a sauce monkey, a hooch goblin, | 酒包 酒桶 酒篓子 |
[06:24] | A man who unwinds at the end of every single day | 每日依靠犒赏自己一大垃圾袋的 |
[06:27] | by treating himself to a delightful garbage bag full of vodka. | 伏特加酒来为一整天解压 |
[06:29] | So what are we gonna do? | 那么咱们要怎么办 |
[06:30] | We’re going to get him out of here, | 咱们要把他请出去 |
[06:32] | and then hopefully, he’s gonna die someplace else, | 然后呢 希望他死到别处去 |
[06:36] | like in a yard or somebody’s shed. | 像某个院子或者某人的棚子里 |
[06:43] | I love teaching. I’m a teacher. | 我太喜欢教书了 为人师表啊 |
[06:49] | Mr. Shershow here is in a massive coma. | 这位Shershow先生处于昏迷状态 |
[06:51] | Even though he can’t register any outside stimulus, | 尽管他不能感知任何外部刺激 |
[06:55] | I still want someone to read him all seven “Harry potter” Books. | 但我仍希望有人能给他朗读全七册<哈利波特> |
[06:58] | Any volunteers? Cole, thank you. | 有志愿者吗 Cole 谢谢你啊 |
[07:00] | Sorry. No can do. I got a dinner rezzie with my mom. | 抱歉 办不到 我和老妈晚餐有约 |
[07:03] | A rezzie? You also gonna get your drunk and eat some ‘za? | 有约 你还想喝点小酒吃点小饼呗 |
[07:06] | Nah, I wish. My mom is lactose-intolly. | 不 我倒是想 我妈乳糖不耐 |
[07:09] | For real, though, she is the best. | 真事儿 但是她最棒了 |
[07:11] | When we go out, she helps me pick up girls. | 我俩一块出去时 她就帮我勾搭妹子 |
[07:13] | She’s my wingmom. | 她是我的僚妈 |
[07:15] | Horrifying. Look, I don’t know | 真吓人 听着 我不知道 |
[07:17] | what orlando-based boy band rejected you, | 哪个奥兰多的男子团队回绝了你 |
[07:20] | – but you’ll do what I tell you. – Yeah, I don’t think so. | – 但是我说啥你就得干啥 – 嗯 我可不这么认为 |
[07:23] | See, that’s me and my ‘rents… | 你看 那是我和我爹妈 |
[07:24] | at the hospital groundbreaking. | 在医院动工仪式上照的 |
[07:27] | – Wow. – They’re in the major donors club. | – 哇 – 他们是主要的捐款人 |
[07:29] | I got to cut the ribbon with some big old sizzies. | 我和几个重要的老家伙一起剪的彩 |
[07:33] | Long story short… | 长话短说 |
[07:34] | I’m untouchable around here… | 在这儿没人动得了我 |
[07:36] | to everyone except you. | 除了你 |
[07:40] | Yeah. That just happened. | 没错 你没出现幻觉 |
[07:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:44] | I know people like alan. I grew up with them. | 我了解Alan那样的人 我和他们一起长大的 |
[07:46] | My uncle frank is always drunk. | 我舅舅Frank总是醉醺醺的 |
[07:49] | – He fought the entire band at my cousin’s wedding. – Okay, look. | – 他和我表姐婚礼上的乐队大打出手 – 好吧 听着 |
[07:52] | Alan’s an addict, so the first thing you need to do is | Alan有酒瘾 所以你要做的第一件事就是 |
[07:54] | make sure he’s ready for help. | 确保他准备好接受帮助了 |
[07:56] | I can’t talk to him about stuff that personal. | 这么隐私的事我可没法跟他谈 |
[07:58] | I get embarrassed too easily. I’ve never seen myself nude. | 我脸皮超薄 我都从没看过自己裸着 |
[08:01] | I mean, I’ve been nude, | 我是说 我裸过 |
[08:04] | but I never looked down. | 但是我从来不往下看 |
[08:05] | Weird for a doctor, but okay, fine. | 作为一个医生来讲真奇葩 但是没关系 |
[08:07] | Look, lucy, you have to find a way to connect with him. | 听着 Lucy 你得想个办法和他沟通 |
[08:10] | – I like your perfume. – That’s weird, | – 我喜欢你的香水 – 真奇怪 |
[08:12] | because I’ve never worn perfume in my entire life. | 因为 我一辈子都没用过香水 |
[08:14] | Also, I’ve never seen myself naked. | 而且我从没看过自己裸着 |
[08:17] | You know, that was part of an earlier conversation. | 你知道吗 这是早些时候和别人的谈话内容 |
[08:20] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[08:21] | I’m not great, alan. Med school is tough. | 我不好 Alan 读医学院很辛苦的 |
[08:25] | I don’t sleep, and I haven’t eaten anything a week | 我睡不了觉 除了酸奶和红酒 |
[08:28] | except yogurt and wine. | 我一整个星期都没吃过别的了 |
[08:29] | – Maybe you should take a – Alan, I’m not done. | – 也许你该休 – Alan 我话还没说完呢 |
[08:33] | I can’t believe what Cole gets away with. | 简直不敢相信Cole就这么逃过去了 |
[08:35] | I’d like to fill tubes of batteries | 我真想装一管子电池 |
[08:37] | and just beat him a little, you know, send a message? What? | 揍揍他 你知道的 传达点信息 怎么了 |
[08:40] | Denise, you’re scary. | Denise 你很吓人 |
[08:41] | I mean, sure, you seem cute at first, | 我是说 没错 一开始你看起来很可爱 |
[08:42] | But then you eat after midnight or get some water on you, | 但是半夜你吃了点东西或者喝了点水 |
[08:44] | And then boom, you turn into this monster, | 然后 砰 你就变成这种怪物了 |
[08:46] | And I gotta throw you in a microwave and explode you. | 我得把你扔到微波炉里 爆了你 |
[08:48] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈的在说什么呢 |
[08:49] | I’m talking about gremlins, woman. | 我在说<小魔怪>呢 大妹子 |
[08:52] | You know, you should get your boyfriend to watch that movie, | 你知道吗 你应该让你男朋友看看那部电影 |
[08:53] | – and then maybe he could understand you better. | 然后 也许他就会更了解你了 |
[08:55] | What boyfriend? | 什么男朋友 |
[08:56] | – Denise, everybody knows drew’s hitting you. – How? | – Denise 大伙都知道Drew上你了 – 怎么可能 |
[08:59] | You guys had sex near the Todd. | 你们俩在Todd附近打炮 |
[09:03] | What? What’s going on? | 怎么了 发生什么了 |
[09:04] | Someone’s doing it right now, in that supply closet. | 有人正在干那活儿 就在那个储藏室里 |
[09:08] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[09:09] | Socks off, pants on? Still… | 袜子脱了 裤子没脱 但还是 |
[09:15] | Damn it. | 妈蛋 |
[09:17] | How come you don’t let him take his pants off, though? | 但是你为啥不让他脱裤子啊 |
[09:21] | Man, that was a great cry. | 天啊 哭得可真痛快 |
[09:24] | I always feel fantastic after those. | 我总是哭过就好多了 |
[09:26] | Hello, world. Lucy’s back. Am I right? | 你好啊 世界 Lucy满血复活 对吧 |
[09:29] | Well, you definitely gave me something to work with. | 好吧 反正你是给了我个好素材 |
[09:31] | Wow, I mean my forehead’s really big, | 哇 我是说 我的额头画得真大 |
[09:34] | and I look Chinese, but that’s really good. | 而且很像中国人 但是画得真不错 |
[09:36] | Thank you. I used to teach high school art. | 谢谢 我以前教高中美术的 |
[09:39] | – Oh, my god. He’s opening up. – Oh, yeah. | – 哦 天啊 他向我敞开心扉了 – 没错 |
[09:42] | Yeah, I was married, too, before everything fell apart. | 是的 我还结过婚 在一切都分崩瓦解之前 |
[09:45] | I tell you what, though– | 但我告诉你 |
[09:45] | I definitely don’t want to live this way anymore. | 我绝对不想再这么活了 |
[09:50] | Maybe you don’t have to. | 也许你也不用这么活了 |
[09:54] | I thought you had dinner plans with your wingmom. | 我以为你和你的僚妈晚餐有约呢 |
[09:56] | Yeah, she’s at the bar, sizing up the local talent for me. | 没错 她在酒吧呢 正替我筛选当地的精锐呢 |
[09:59] | No! Yeah, I like more booty than that. | 不行 没错 我喜欢比那个屁股大的 |
[10:02] | She should know that by now. | 都这时候了 她早该知道的 |
[10:03] | – I know you feel me. – Yeah, I do. | – 我知道你懂我的 – 没错 我懂你 |
[10:06] | Is a wingmom what I think it is? | 僚妈是我想的那样吗 |
[10:13] | Sing to me, wingmom. Sing me to my dreams. | 为我唱首歌 长翅膀的妈 让歌声伴我入眠 |
[10:18] | Hello, all. | 大伙好啊 |
[10:19] | – Hey. – Hello, all. | – 嘿 – 大伙好 |
[10:21] | I hate that guy. But you love that guy. | 我讨厌那家伙 但是你爱那家伙 |
[10:24] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | – 谢谢 – 嗯哼 |
[10:25] | – What? – I’m not surprised. You’re both dark weirdos. | – 什么 – 我一点也不惊讶 你俩都那么腹黑奇葩 |
[10:28] | It’s like if Fonzie and Jo from “The facts of life” | 就像<生活本原>里的Fonzie和Jo |
[10:31] | fell in love with each other. | 爱上彼此了一样 |
[10:32] | Oh, I’d watch the hell out of that show. | 哦 我要好好看看那部剧 |
[10:33] | – Who wouldn’t? – I’m not looking for a relationship. | – 谁不会啊 – 我不想谈恋爱 |
[10:35] | I like to be an island, okay? | 我想一人成岛 好不好 |
[10:37] | People can visit the island, but no one gets to stay. | 人们可以”登陆” 但是没人能够驻足 |
[10:40] | Safer that way. | 这样更安全 |
[10:41] | Do you realize how empty that sounds? | 你意识到 那听起来有多空虚了吗 |
[10:44] | – What kind of life is that? – You know, | – 那算是什么生活啊 – 你知道吗 |
[10:45] | I’d watch a show about Fonzie and a gremlin, too. | 要是Fonzie和小魔怪演个片子 我也会看 |
[10:47] | Mm, Fonzie couldn’t take care of a gremlin. | 恩 Fonzie照管不了小魔怪 |
[10:49] | – He’s too busy being cool. – Oh. | – 他还得忙着装酷呢 – 哦 |
[10:50] | – Can we stop talking about this? – You know what you need? | – 咱们能不谈这个了吗 – 你知道你需要什么吗 |
[10:52] | *A water taxi to your island* | *一辆水上出租车驶入你的”小岛”* |
[10:56] | *so he can get there, and you can kiss him* | *这样他就能登临那里 你就可以吻他了* |
[10:59] | *Up on your island, all chillin’ with turtles* | *在你的小岛上 伴着海龟 神清气爽* |
[11:02] | *’cause you’re so private, and now falsetto* | *因为你这人特注重私隐 现在换假声* |
[11:06] | – *Oh, yes, falsetto* – *Uh-oh, she’s leavin’* | – *哦 没错 假声* – *嗯 哦 她要走了* |
[11:09] | – *Yo, let’s keep going.* – *Now even higher* | – *咱们继续唱* – *更高音* |
[11:13] | *Yes even higher.* | *好的 更高音* |
[11:15] | Look, Alan wants to change, so I found him a rehab facility. | 听着 Alan想要做出改变 所以我给他找了个康复机构 |
[11:19] | I just need a doctor to sign off. Are you in? | 我只需要个医生给我签字 你能给签吗 |
[11:23] | And that was the beginning of a long line of “Nos.” | 由此开启了一长串的”不能” |
[11:26] | I asked all the doctors in the hospital, | 我问遍了医院里的所有医生 |
[11:28] | and they all shot me down. | 他们全都拒绝我了 |
[11:34] | Naive-five! | 好傻好天真 击个掌吧 |
[11:38] | Someone please wake me from this nightmare, | 快来人把我从这个噩梦中叫醒吧 |
[11:40] | because in my fever dream, | 因为当我发烧烧迷糊时 |
[11:42] | I see a med student getting involved with a patient | 我看见一个医学专业学生和一个我几小时前 |
[11:45] | who I expressly told her to ignore mere hours ago. | 才强调不要管的病人搅在一起 |
[11:48] | I cannot tell you how much I hate to reiterate something, | 我没法告诉你我有多讨厌重申某事 |
[11:52] | especially when I have already iterated it. | 尤其当我已经再三重申过了 |
[11:54] | You’re going to have to excuse me now | 请一定见谅 我要先走一步 |
[11:56] | because I must gather my fury. | 因为我得汇集下怒火 |
[11:59] | It’s scary to put yourself out there. | 豁出去走出自己的世界很可怕 |
[12:02] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[12:05] | Oh, I am having a crapfest of a day today. | 哦 我今天屁事连天 |
[12:09] | You want to hang out later? | 你想一会儿一起放松一下吗 |
[12:10] | You know, maybe grab a beer? | 你懂的 也许一起喝杯啤酒 |
[12:13] | – Grab a beer? – Yeah. | – 喝杯啤酒 – 是的 |
[12:15] | Is that some kind of euphemism? | 这是什么委婉暗语吗 |
[12:16] | Nope. It just means grab a beer. | 不是 就是喝杯啤酒 |
[12:19] | Maybe talk a little. | 也许再聊聊天 |
[12:21] | Oh, I’m um, I’m sorry, Denise. | 哦 我 我很抱歉 Denise |
[12:26] | I’m, uh… | 我 呃 |
[12:28] | Just not looking for that. | 那不是我想要的 |
[12:31] | See you later. | 待会见 |
[12:34] | Dr. Cox, while you’re fury-gathering, let me just say | Cox医生 趁着你汇聚怒火的时候 我只想说 |
[12:38] | that if Alan goes to rehab– | 如果Alan能去康复中心 |
[12:39] | He will do nothing except figure out | 他什么都不会干 只会想方设法 |
[12:42] | how to steal enough paper cup shooters of mouthwash | 偷取足够多杯漱口水 |
[12:44] | to get one last desperate buzz on. | 好再无可救药地醉上一回 |
[12:46] | His job is to leave here and die. | 他的职责就是离开这去死 |
[12:49] | Your job is to listen to every word I say at all times– | 你的职责就是时刻听好我说的每个字 |
[12:52] | and here’s the hard part– actually do those things. | 然后接下来是难点 把它们踏实做好 |
[12:55] | So in the future, when I tell you to do nothing, | 所以 从今往后 我让你不去管 |
[12:58] | I mean nothing, and in case that is still not clear… | 我就是说 啥也不做 以防我说的不够清晰 |
[13:06] | Nothing | 啥也不要做 |
[13:24] | I thought being a doctor was about helping people. | 我以为当医生就是为了帮助别人 |
[13:27] | It is, Lucy. Well, that and showing up | 没错 Lucy 好吧 以及向那个 |
[13:29] | my third grade teacher who said I’d never amount to anything. | 说我必将一事无成的三年级老师显摆 |
[13:32] | Eat it, Mrs. Nickerson. And rest in peace. | 去你的吧 Nickerson老师 也愿你安息 |
[13:35] | All right, I didn’t want to play hardball, | 好吧 我本不想来硬的 |
[13:37] | But if you don’t try to change Dr. Cox’s mind about Alan, | 但是如果你不试着改变Cox医生对Alan的看法 |
[13:40] | – I will never call you “Dr. D.” Ever again. | 我就永远不再叫你”D医生” |
[13:42] | Even in the quad? | 就算在院子里也不叫吗 |
[13:43] | – Especially in the quad. – I’ll go talk to Dr. Cox right now. | – 尤其是在院子里 – 我这就去和Cox医生谈 |
[13:49] | Dr. Cox said he’ll sign the paper | Cox医生说 他会签字的 |
[13:51] | if you can raise the money to send Alan to a rehab center. | 如果你能凑齐送Alan去康复中心的钱就行 |
[13:54] | – Dr. D., you rock. – And sometimes I roll. | – D医生 你太帅了 – 还帅到掉渣呢 |
[13:58] | – Aah! Ow! – You two clowns convinced me | – 啊 哦 – 你们两个小丑劝服我 |
[14:02] | to put myself out there, and Drew shot me down. | 豁出去 现在Drew把我打回来了 |
[14:04] | Why’d you have to go mess up my little island? | 你们为啥要搅乱我的小世界 |
[14:06] | – Why’d you push me towards drew? – He just seems like a nice guy. | – 你们为什么要把我推向Drew – 他看起来人不错 |
[14:08] | Based on what? | 根据什么 |
[14:10] | – Want the rest of my nachos? – Oh, hell, yeah! | – 你想吃我剩下的玉米片吗 – 哦 当然了 |
[14:14] | You like him ’cause he shared old bar food? | 你喜欢他就因为他给你吃剩下的酒吧小食 |
[14:16] | Turk and I met over a bloomin’ onion. | Turk和我是通过开花的洋葱认识的 |
[14:18] | I’d like to think it is a metapher for our relationship | 我愿意把它想成是我俩间关系的隐喻 |
[14:21] | because it’s delicious but not really so healthy. | 很美味却不太健康 |
[14:24] | I will hurt you, little man. | 我会给你点颜色看看 你个小男人 |
[14:27] | She’s like a gremlin | 她就像个小魔怪 |
[14:33] | You all right, little lady? | 你还好吗 小姑娘 |
[14:34] | I’m just trying to raise money for a patient, | 我只是想为一个病人筹钱 |
[14:36] | – but it’s not going so great. – You know, back in the day | – 但是进展不太顺利 – 你知道吗 在以前 |
[14:39] | when I did security for bell biv devoe– | 当我给bell biv devoe乐队作保镖时 |
[14:40] | – Hey, boss– – shut up. | – 嘿 老大 – 闭嘴 |
[14:42] | – Copy that. – Anyway, they did | – 遵命 – 不管怎么说 他们 |
[14:44] | their charity car wash a little differently. | 慈善洗车的方式可有点不同 |
[14:50] | Oh come on, Lucy, I won McAllister Prize in biology. | 哦 拜托 Lucy 我可获了麦考斯利特生物学奖呢 |
[14:54] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. We’re all real smart. | 是 是 是 咱们都好聪明 |
[14:56] | Now it’s time to get wet. | 现在 是时候湿身了 |
[15:00] | Wow. Where do I get in line? | 哇 我去哪排队 |
[15:02] | Where’s your car? | 你的车在哪 |
[15:03] | What car? Full body wax-five. | 什么车 全身打蜡 击个掌 |
[15:06] | Buff away, ladies. | 该抛光了 女士们 |
[15:12] | You know, I don’t mean to sound too forward, but there is | 你知道吗 我不想太冒昧 但是医院里的某人 |
[15:14] | someone at the hospital who is really digging you. | 真的超喜欢你 |
[15:16] | Are you hitting on me? ’cause I already went through | 你是在勾搭我吗 我早就过了 |
[15:17] | my bald black dude phase. Seriously, | 大胆尝试黑秃子阶段了 不开玩笑 |
[15:19] | – I did. – I’m talking about you and Denise. | – 是真的 – 我说的是你和Denise |
[15:22] | Why are you talking about me and Denise? | 你为啥要谈论我和Denise |
[15:23] | Because the other night when we shared the nachos? | 因为几天前那晚 咱分享了一碗玉米片 |
[15:26] | Dude, we’re na-bros. Come on. | 兄弟 咱俩是玉米兄弟 对吧 |
[15:28] | And that’s a special bond– one which I…cherish. | 这可是个特殊纽带 我可 可非常珍视 |
[15:30] | I just think you should go for yours. | 我只是觉得 你应该放胆追求 |
[15:32] | – *Go for yours* – You don’t know me. I spent the last year | – *放胆追求* – 你根本不了解我 我去年 |
[15:36] | in the alaskan wilderness, living in a yurt. | 一年呆在阿拉斯加州荒野 住在蒙古包里 |
[15:38] | The only human contact I had was an Eskimo boy who sold me | 与人类的唯一交流就是和一个卖给我三文鱼干 |
[15:41] | salmon jerky and painkillers. And do you know why? | 和止痛剂的爱斯基摩男孩 你知道为什么吗 |
[15:43] | Because when I flunked out of med school before, | 因为当我之前翘掉医学院 |
[15:45] | I consequently torched every relationship | 随之搞砸了每一段 |
[15:47] | that meant anything to me. | 我珍视的感情 |
[15:47] | – I’m not taking that chance again. – What’s a yurt? | – 我不会再给自己那样的机会了 – 啥叫蒙古包 |
[15:51] | You know, son, I was married to my Enid for 44 years. | 你知道吗 孩子 我已经和Enid结婚44年了 |
[15:55] | And now she’s gone. | 而她现在却走了 |
[15:57] | And the only reason I teach | 而我教书的唯一原因 |
[15:59] | is so I don’t have to be alone in my house. | 就是不用一个人呆在屋子里 |
[16:03] | You can’t wall yourself off from other people. | 你没法把自己同其他人隔开 |
[16:05] | – You won’t make it. – That’s some truth being dropped there. | – 你做不到的 – 真理啊 |
[16:09] | Great. | 不错 |
[16:10] | So how about you two clear out? | 所以你们俩走人吧 |
[16:12] | Cindy here’s three martinis in, | Cindy 已经三杯马提尼下肚 |
[16:14] | and I’m about to land that marlin. | 我要去登陆那条枪鱼了 |
[16:19] | Oh, damn. | 哦 妈的 |
[16:21] | She was good to go. | 她本是到嘴的鸭子 |
[16:24] | Remember, Alan, you can do it. | 记住 Alan 你能行的 |
[16:27] | I can’t thank you enough. | 我真是怎么感谢你都不够 |
[16:36] | I knew I’d just changed Alan’s life, | 我知道 我刚刚改变了Alan的生活 |
[16:38] | But I wasn’t gonna make a big deal out of it. | 但是我不会小题大做的 |
[16:41] | lifetime presents antonio sabato jr. | Lifetime电视台倾情呈现 由Antonio Sabato Jr. |
[16:43] | As Alan the drunk. | 饰演酒鬼Alan |
[16:45] | A man this broken… “I’m just really broken.” | 一个如此破碎的男人 “我是真的一团糟” |
[16:48] | needs a woman this strong… | 需要一个如此坚强的女人 |
[16:50] | “You can do this, Alan.” | “你能行的 Alan” |
[16:55] | with a mentor who cares so much. | 和一个关怀备至的导师 |
[16:57] | “God, I care so much.” | “天啊 我如此关怀备至” |
[17:00] | I guess this is good-bye. | 我猜是时候说再见了 |
[17:03] | No, we can’t. | 不 我们不能 |
[17:06] | – I know you’re a doctor. – I’m a med student, damn it. | – 我知道你是名医生 – 我是名医学院学生 妈蛋 |
[17:09] | – Lucy. – Shh. | – Lucy – 嘘 |
[17:22] | Courage to Heal | 康复的勇气 |
[17:24] | The Lucy Bennett Story. | Lucy Bennett的故事 |
[17:29] | Antonio Sabato Jr. Antonio Sabato Jr.– | |
[17:31] | My safely ethnic dreamboat. | 我主流口味的少数族裔梦中情人 |
[17:34] | Over the next few days, | 接下来的几天里 |
[17:35] | I stayed proud of myself for helping Alan. | 我因帮助了Alan而为自己感到骄傲 |
[17:37] | And I wasn’t naive. I knew he had a long road ahead. | 我才不天真呢 我知道他前面的路还很长 |
[17:41] | But maybe, just maybe… | 但是也许 也许 |
[17:43] | having someone believe in him was all he needed. | 他只需要有人相信他 |
[17:45] | Have I got something to show you. | 我有点东西要让你瞧瞧 |
[17:50] | Honestly, I can’t think of anything | 说实话 我实在想不出 |
[17:53] | that could make this moment more delicious. | 有什么能让此刻更美好的了 |
[17:55] | – Alan? – Who are you? | – Alan – 你是谁 |
[17:57] | More delicious. | 更美好了 |
[17:59] | I love when movies end the way you hope they will. | 我喜欢电影按人们的意愿结束 |
[18:01] | You saw this coming? | 你预见到这个了 |
[18:02] | Everyone saw this coming. | 是个人都预见了 |
[18:04] | – Not Dr. D. – Really? Would you like to know the deal | – D医生就不会 – 真的吗 你想知道你宝贝的 |
[18:07] | your precious Dr. D. made with me in my office? | D医生和我在办公室里做的交易吗 |
[18:11] | If I agree to do this, | 如果我答应这么做 |
[18:12] | you have to promise that I’ll get to be there to witness | 你得保证我到时得在场 见证她满怀 |
[18:15] | the devastation wash over her hopeful face. | 希望的小脸被绝望占据 |
[18:17] | – I’ll do what I can. – Then I’m in. | – 我尽力而为 – 成交 |
[18:20] | He even bet me a triple c-note | 他甚至下注三百元 |
[18:21] | – that alan here wouldn’t make it a week. – I don’t believe you. | – Alan坚持不了一个星期 – 我不相信 |
[18:24] | Hey, big perr, I want my winnings in all fives | 嘿 老Perr 把我赢的钱都换成5元一张的 |
[18:26] | or my own number 1 sign. Your call. | 不然就给我个天字一号的牌子 你自己决定 |
[18:38] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:40] | How could you do that to me? | 你怎么能这么对我 |
[18:43] | I know you can’t see it right now, | 我知道你现在还看不清 |
[18:45] | But this is good for you. | 但是这样做对你有好处 |
[18:47] | Yeah, as good as my mom’s fish biscuits. | 没错 和我妈妈的鱼饼干一样好 |
[18:50] | – They’re bad. -Ah | – 它们特糟糕 – 啊 |
[18:52] | Look, Lucy, at–at some point, | 听着 Lucy 总有一天 |
[18:55] | every doctor needs to learn about lost causes like Alan. | 每个医生都会了解到像Alan一样的失败案例 |
[18:58] | I just thought I’d come along for the ride with you. | 我只是觉得我应该陪你走一程 |
[19:01] | – Why? – Because when it happened to me, | – 为什么啊 – 因为我那时候 |
[19:03] | there was no one around to talk to me about it after. | 没有人在我身边和我谈谈 |
[19:07] | If you’re gonna survive as a doctor, | 如果你想最终成为一名医生 |
[19:09] | you have to stop trying to change things you can’t change. | 你必须不再试图改变自己改变不了的事 |
[19:12] | So I’m supposed to never try and help anybody like Alan? | 那我就应该永远不尝试帮助Alan一样的人了吗 |
[19:15] | No. Because if you’re gonna survive as a person, | 不是的 因为如果你想成为一个真正的人 |
[19:18] | you can never stop trying to change things you can’t change. | 你永远也不能停止尝试改变自己改变不了的事 |
[19:22] | My head hurts. | 我脑袋疼 |
[19:24] | Get used to it. | 试着习惯吧 |
[19:26] | I just wanted Alan to end up okay. | 我只想Alan最后有个好结果 |
[19:29] | You’re doing good. | 你做的很好 |
[19:35] | I think what Dr. Dorian was saying– | 我觉得 Dorian医生想说的是 |
[19:38] | although it’s never that clear with him– | 尽管他没有明确说明 |
[19:40] | is that you have to keep putting yourself out there | 你必须豁出去 走出自己的世界 |
[19:43] | and just hope that you get something back. | 并希望你会有所回报 |
[19:46] | Hey, stick. What’s your last name? | 嘿 小竹竿 你姓什么 |
[19:50] | Mahoney Mahoney. | |
[19:52] | I like that. So you still want to grab that beer and talk? | 我喜欢 那你还想去喝杯啤酒聊聊天吗 |
[19:56] | Not really. | 不太想了 |
[19:58] | – But I will. – Great. | – 但是我会去的 – 很好 |
[20:02] | I got you something. | 我有礼物给你 |
[20:05] | – Is that cole’s mom? – Yeah. I introduced ’em. | – 那是Cole的妈妈吗 – 是的 我介绍他俩认识的 |
[20:08] | You’re gonna hit that, aren’t you? | 你会上的 是不是 |
[20:10] | Like a big rig with no brakes. | 上个昏天暗地不停休 |
[20:12] | Wow. That was disgusting. | 哇 好恶心 |
[20:14] | – Yeah. Let’s get out of here, huh? – Yeah. I could use a drink. | – 是啊 咱们走吧 好吗 – 好的 我想喝一杯了 |
[20:18] | – I don’t really drink anymore. – That’s cool. You can drive. | – 我其实戒酒了 – 没事 你可以开车 |
[20:20] | – I don’t really drive either. – You’re weird. I like that. | – 我也不开车了 – 你很怪 我喜欢 |
[20:25] | Here’s to a giant mistake. | 敬这个巨大错误 |
[20:29] | *Oh, snap, we called it* | *哦 咔嚓 我们早就说了吧* |
[20:31] | *He’s on her island* | *他在她的小岛上* |
[20:33] | *where they make babies under the palm trees* | *他们在棕榈树下造人* |
[20:36] | *Yo, let’s go lower* | *哟 咱们换低音* |
[20:38] | *I can’t go lower. Let’s just be robots.* | *我低不了了 咱们学机器人吧* |
[20:41] | – *Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep…* – Guys, come on. | – *哔 哔 哔 哔 哔* – 兄弟 拜托 |
[20:42] | *Don’t interrupt us* | *不要打断我们* |
[20:44] | – *Here comes her boyfriend*. – *He don’t look happy* | – *她男朋友过来了* – *他看起来不太高兴* |
[20:47] | *It’s okay, guys, I like your singing* | *没关系的 伙计们 我喜欢你们唱的歌* |
[20:50] | *We’ll be a trio* | *我们要组个三人组* |
[20:51] | *and tour the country* | *在全国巡演* |