时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Dr. Reid, I know yoga is supposed to be good | Reid医生 我知道做瑜伽对孕妇 |
[00:03] | for pregnant women, but are you sure this is okay? | 是有益的 但你确定这么做没事吗 |
[00:06] | It looks like that baby could squirt out any second. | 那孩子好像随时会喷射而出啊 |
[00:09] | Lucy, I’m fine. | Lucy 我很好 |
[00:10] | Besides I would never give birth under a tree. | 况且我绝不会在一棵树下生孩子的 |
[00:13] | Although J.D. and I did conceive this baby under one. | 不过这孩子确实是J.D.和我在树下怀上的 |
[00:16] | It was a christmas tree– | 那是一棵圣诞树 |
[00:18] | not in our house. | 不是自己家的 |
[00:18] | It was still on the lot. | 那树现在还在停车场那呢 |
[00:20] | We made a bunch of christians unmfortable that day. | 那天一群基督徒被我们整得有点尴尬 |
[00:22] | I once got felt up in a pumpkin patch. | 我在南瓜地里亲热过 |
[00:25] | Don’t you just love the holidays? | 你不觉得节日让人更放得开吗 |
[00:27] | It’s so nice having someone to talk to. | 有人谈心真好 |
[00:30] | I feel like I can’t go to the other med students. | 我和其他医学生合不来 |
[00:32] | It’s gotten so cutthroat. | 世事残酷 |
[00:33] | People will do anything to get ahead. | 大家为了成功不择手段 |
[00:37] | “Lost” got canceled, and they’re never gonna air the finale? | <迷失>被砍了 大结局再也不会播出了 |
[00:41] | So many questions! | 还有这么多未解之谜呢 |
[00:43] | Hey, good luck on the test, bro. | 嘿 兄弟 考试好运 |
[00:46] | Even Drew’s been acting like a gunner recently. | 就连Drew最近也太过争强好胜了 |
[00:49] | Drew, can I borrow your histology notes? | Drew 我可以借你的组织学笔记吗 |
[00:53] | Roger, no. Nothing personal. I just don’t want to | 不行 Roger 不是针对你 |
[00:55] | help you half-ass your way through med school | 我只是不想让你毫不费力地毕业 |
[00:57] | and keep you from your true destiny, | 妨碍你接受真正的命运安排 |
[00:59] | which is to become the second-best dentist | 那就是在一个破败的商业街里 |
[01:00] | at a run-down strip mall. You get it. | 做一个二流的牙医 懂了吧 |
[01:06] | I was a gunner for a while when I was in med school. | 我在医学院的时候也争强好胜过 |
[01:08] | Once I set my roommate Lauren’s books on fire | 有一次我把室友Lauren的书烧了 |
[01:10] | so she couldn’t study. | 这样她就没法学习了 |
[01:11] | Turns out I’d loaned her mine, | 结果那是我借她的书 |
[01:12] | so I actually had to buy a whole new set which she then stole. | 所以我只能买套新的 还被她偷走了 |
[01:15] | Still, in the end, | 不过最后还是我赢了 |
[01:16] | I won because she got hit by a truck. | 因为她被车撞了 |
[01:18] | I mean, she didn’t die, | 她没死 |
[01:19] | but she’s not smart enough to be a doctor anymore. | 但她撞傻了 当不了医生了 |
[01:23] | Is she happy? | 那她过得还开心吗 |
[01:24] | – Oh, she’s very happy. – Good. | – 哦 她很开心 – 那就好 |
[01:28] | Now to recap, what is the number one attribute | 现在回顾一下 所有医学生和这个头骨 |
[01:31] | all med students share with this skeleton? | 最大的共同特征是什么 |
[01:35] | Ooh. | 哦 |
[01:36] | The hollow area of nothingness inside the skull? | 是头骨里那虚无的空白地带吗 |
[01:39] | Exactly. Now it is time for a bong announcement | 没错 现在有请一尊纵欲过度 |
[01:43] | about a pointless tradition brought to you | 肝脏衰竭的空虚傀儡 |
[01:44] | by an empty figurehead with a failing liver | 给你们隆重宣布一项 |
[01:46] | and an overactive libido… Mm! | 无聊传统的时候了 呶 |
[01:48] | Thank you, perry, you anger-filled muscle slut. | 谢谢Perry 怒气爆表的肌肉婊 |
[01:51] | I miss… this. | 我好怀念这种 感觉 |
[01:53] | Yeah, me, too. | 对 我也是 |
[01:54] | It kills me that we’re friends now. | 朋友这事真的很要命 |
[01:56] | All right, as you know, | 好了 如你们所知 |
[01:58] | Friday is the annual white coat ceremony. | 周五要进行一年一度的白大褂仪式 |
[02:01] | In front of your family and friends, | 你们会在家人朋友面前 |
[02:02] | you will receive your lab coats– | 收到自己的白大褂 |
[02:04] | a symbol of your entry into the world of medicine. | 它是你们进入医学界的象征 |
[02:08] | These doctors’ coats– | 属于医生的白大褂 |
[02:09] | Murderers’ coats, Bob– because they are all murderers. | Bob 是属于凶手的白大褂 他们都是凶手 |
[02:14] | Anywho, the faculty will be choosing a keynote speaker | 总之 教授们会选出一个主讲人 |
[02:17] | to represent the entire first year class. | 作为全体一年级学生的代表 |
[02:20] | And as part of this meaningless charade, | 作为这一场无聊做戏的一部分 |
[02:22] | Winston university requires that each of you sit with me, | Wisnton大学要求你们每个人 |
[02:24] | the chief of medicine, | 和我这个医学院总管 |
[02:25] | for an irrelevant preceremony interview. | 在仪式前来场无关的面试 |
[02:28] | A quick sidebar, Perry. | 快速插一句 Perry |
[02:30] | can I do the interview | 我可以给第二排 |
[02:32] | with that little number in the second row? | 那个小妞面试吗 |
[02:35] | She said I reminded her of her grandpa, | 她说我让她想起了爷爷 |
[02:37] | and I think I could use that to at least get her top off. | 利用这点 至少可以脱了她上衣 |
[02:41] | You’re a hell of an educator, Bob. | 你还真是个合格的教育工作者啊 Bob |
[02:42] | I do it for them. | 我这么做是为了他们 |
[02:45] | 医疗总管 PERRY COX 医学博士 | |
[02:47] | So you, uh, are you ready for your interview? | 你准备好面试了吗 |
[02:50] | So ready. I can answer any questions about our classes, | 不能更好了 我可以回答关于上课 |
[02:53] | about the hospital–I even took the time to memorize | 关于医院的一切问题 我甚至花时间 |
[02:56] | personal facts about each of my professors. | 记了每个教授的个人情况 |
[02:58] | So bring it. | 来吧 |
[03:00] | Well, there’s really only one question. | 好 其实只有一个问题 |
[03:02] | Why do you want to be a doctor? | 你为什么想当医生 |
[03:04] | You’ve never been to Maine, | 你没去过缅因州 |
[03:06] | and you were college roommates with Michael Bolton. | 你和Michael Bolton是大学室友 |
[03:08] | Yes, and the latter fuels most of my anger. | 是的 你后一句激怒了我 |
[03:13] | I’d like you to come back with a better answer, | 你给我想个更好的答案再来 |
[03:14] | and if you find you can’t come up with a better answer, | 要是你发现自己想不出更好的答案 |
[03:16] | then please know I’m going to make it my personal mission | 那请你明白 把你轰出这个医学院 |
[03:19] | to drum you out of this med school. | 将成为我的使命了 |
[03:21] | But you said this was just a meaningless charade. | 可你说过这只是一场无聊的做戏啊 |
[03:24] | Not for you. Get out. | 对你并非如此 出去吧 |
[03:26] | Stupid michael bolton. | 都怪傻逼Michael Bolton |
[03:32] | – Hey, buddy. – Not your buddy. | – 嘿兄弟 – 叫谁兄弟 |
[03:34] | – Whatevs, bro. – Also not your bro. | – 随便 哥们 – 我也不是你哥们 |
[03:36] | Mmm. Once again, it’s you versus me– | 再说一遍 这是我们之间的竞争 |
[03:38] | Smarts versus nepotism for the keynote speaker. | 你这个聪明人和后台杠杠的我争主讲人 |
[03:41] | Let the battle begin. | 要撕起来咯 |
[03:43] | There’s no battle. This is something I want, | 没啥可撕的 我想赢 |
[03:46] | – So I’m gonna crush you. – Yeah, | – 所以我要打败你 – 好啊 |
[03:47] | well, good luck, ’cause I got skills. | 祝你好运 因为我身怀绝技 |
[03:49] | Check it. | 瞧着点 |
[03:52] | Swish. | 空心进球 |
[03:57] | Hey, Drew. You know how we get hot | 嘿Drew 你知道面对恶心作呕的东西 |
[03:59] | over gross and disgusting things? | 我们如何激情高涨 |
[04:00] | Yes, and hello, Dr. Reid, who I barely know. | 知道 你好 我不太熟的Reid医生 |
[04:03] | – ‘sup, freak? – Hi. | – 你好吗 怪胎 – 嗨 |
[04:05] | Anyway, check it out. | 总之 你看看这个 |
[04:06] | Mr. Warshal passed his kidney stone. | Warshal先生排出了他的肾结石 |
[04:09] | Oh, that’s hot. | 哦 激情澎湃 |
[04:10] | F.Y.I., that’s like passing a bowling ball through a straw. | 可以说 那跟保龄球通过一根吸管一样 |
[04:13] | They say it’s actually a lot like giving birth. | 他们说这和生孩子很像 |
[04:14] | Super pumped, by the way. Super pumped. | 兴奋爆了 兴奋爆了 |
[04:18] | So I’m taking you to dinner tonight. | 今晚我要约你吃晚餐 |
[04:20] | Did you bring anything less bloody to change into? | 你有不那么血腥的衣服可以换吗 |
[04:22] | Why? | 为啥要换 |
[04:23] | I don’t know. It’s a nice place. | 呃 那地方不错 |
[04:24] | It wouldn’t kill you to dress up once in a while. | 偶尔打扮一下不会要了你命的 |
[04:26] | – Pretty girl. – You’re a pretty girl. | – 你是个漂亮姑娘 – 你才娘呢 |
[04:30] | I am a pretty girl. | 我是很娘 |
[04:33] | Okay, guys. So nine years ago, | 好了各位 九年前 |
[04:34] | Joseph was my first appendectomy patient. | Joseph是我主刀阑尾切除术的第一个病人 |
[04:36] | Since then, some scar tissue has formed, | 之后他身上长了些疤痕组织 |
[04:38] | so we’re gonna clear that right up. | 我们要给他清除 |
[04:40] | Joseph, my old friend, we’ll take care of you. | Joseph 老朋友啊 我们会好好照顾你的 |
[04:43] | But first, you gotta give me what need. | 但首先 你要满足我的要求 |
[04:46] | Bonjour, Dr. Turk. Ca va bien? | 你好 Turk医生 近来可好 |
[04:48] | Ha ha! Brother speaks french. | 哈哈这哥们说法语 |
[04:50] | That’s a romance language, y’all! | 大伙 那语言可浪漫了 |
[04:52] | Anyway, it says here that we’re delaying surgery | 话说回来 这上面说由于切口附近 |
[04:54] | due to topical irritation near the incision site. | 有局部刺激 手术要推迟 |
[04:58] | If you guys will excuse me for a second, that’d be great. | 可以让我们单独呆一会吗 |
[05:01] | Dude’s a goner. I see it in his eyes. | 那哥们绝望了 我从他眼里看出来的 |
[05:04] | He’s Haitian. It’s a poisonwood berry burn. | 他是海地人 那是毒漆树浆果的灼伤 |
[05:07] | – How do you know? – Trust me, I know. | – 你怎么知道 – 相信我 我就是知道 |
[05:10] | Boy George! | 好家伙 |
[05:11] | If you’re right, you could seal the deal for keynote speaker. | 说对了 主讲人非你莫属啊 |
[05:14] | Mm. Too little, too late. | 为时已晚 |
[05:15] | My fam just donated another M.R.I. thingy. | 我家刚刚又捐了一个小小的核磁共振成像仪 |
[05:19] | Joseph, we’re gonna solve this puzzle, | Joseph 我们会解决这个难题的 |
[05:21] | and in thanks, you’ll say… | 那你感谢的话 会说 |
[05:23] | Merci beaucoup. | 非常感谢 |
[05:24] | Merci beaucoup! | 非常感谢 |
[05:27] | – Incredible. – Uh, Dr. Turk? | – 难以置信得好听啊 – 呃 Turk医生 |
[05:29] | – Yes? – I think I know what’s wrong. | – 嗯 – 我知道问题出在哪了 |
[05:32] | It’s a reaction to the acidic black poisonwood berry. | 那是碰到酸性黑毒漆树浆果时的反应 |
[05:34] | They’re common on joseph’s | 在Joseph的家乡 |
[05:35] | – home island of Haiti. – Home island of Haiti. | – 海地非常常见 – 家乡海地 |
[05:36] | Damn, I was just going to say that. | 靠 我刚想说呢 |
[05:39] | Keep it up, Drew. Catches like this could save someone’s life. | 再接再厉 Drew 这种诊断可以拯救生命啊 |
[05:47] | Dr. Cox? I know why I want to be a doctor. | Cox医生 我知道我为什么想当医生了 |
[05:50] | I want to use my experience to make the kind of catches | 我想用我的经验诊断疑难杂症 |
[05:53] | that save lives, to give people a chance to live– | 来拯救生命 给人们生存的机会 |
[05:56] | Hold that thought. | 暂停一下 |
[05:58] | Time of death– 4:23 p.m. | 死亡时间 下午四点二十三分 |
[06:06] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:07] | I am very, uh… | 我真的 呃 |
[06:10] | His middle name is Ulysses. | 他的中间名是Ulysses |
[06:32] | – ‘sup, holmes? – Don’t call me “holmes.” | – 咋啦 基友 – 别叫我”基友” |
[06:35] | Actually, I like “holmes.” I’ll allow it. | 我还挺喜欢”基友”的 就这么叫吧 |
[06:37] | – What are you doing? – Oh, just surfing the web, | – 你在干嘛 – 哦 上网而已 |
[06:39] | Watching all the white coat speeches, | 把白大褂演讲视频看完 |
[06:41] | – cherry-picking the best parts for mine. – Solid plan. | – 给自己量身打造 – 好主意啊 |
[06:44] | Hey, Drew. | 嘿 Drew |
[06:45] | Turns out you were right about the Haitian berry reaction. | 你说的海地浆果反应是对的 |
[06:48] | I guess your diagnosis wasn’t rash after all. | 你的诊断确实不是轻率的啊 |
[06:54] | See, J.D.? I told you they wouldn’t laugh. | 看到了没 J.D. 就说他们不会笑的 |
[07:02] | Genius, man. | 天才啊 小伙子 |
[07:03] | You lay low at first, then the white coat thing comes up, | 一开始你低调行事 然后在白大褂仪式快到的时候 |
[07:06] | and boom! | 一鸣惊人 |
[07:07] | You turn into a gunner. | 你就变得争强好胜 不择手段了 |
[07:09] | Wh–I’m not a gunner. | 啥 我可不争强好胜 |
[07:11] | Please. Always got the right answer, | 得了 你总能知道正确答案 |
[07:14] | being all helpful with that island berry dude. | 帮了那个小岛浆果兄弟的大忙 |
[07:17] | Dude, we are exactly the same. | 哥们 我们一模一样啊 |
[07:19] | We… | 我们 |
[07:20] | are not the same. | 根本不一样 |
[07:22] | You’re a selfish, petty child | 你是个自私卑鄙的小屁孩 |
[07:24] | who would screw over anybody to get ahead. | 为了领先愿意毁了任何人 |
[07:27] | Like you did with Roger? | 像你对待Roger那样吗 |
[07:29] | The second-best dentist at a run-down strip mall. | 一个在破败商业街里的二流牙医 |
[07:32] | You get it. | 你懂得 |
[07:38] | I followed him. He called his folks crying. | 我跟着他 看他打电话向父母哭诉了 |
[07:42] | It was awesome. | 太厉害了 |
[07:45] | It’s like looking in a mirror, holmes. | 简直像在照镜子 基友 |
[07:54] | Dr. Cox? | Cox医生 |
[07:57] | I’ve done some soul-searching, and I have a new answer. | 我认真反思 有新答案了 |
[08:00] | Let me prep for the verbal brilliance | 我要准备一下再听 |
[08:02] | that is surely headed my way. | 朝我袭来的花言巧语 |
[08:05] | Ha. Proceed. | 哈啊 继续 |
[08:07] | I want to become a doctor | 我想当医生 |
[08:08] | so I can help people who can’t help themselves. | 这样我就能帮助那些无法自救的人了 |
[08:11] | – Lame. – When my grandmother was ill– | – 蹩脚 – 当我奶奶生病了 |
[08:13] | – Boo! – See, Dr. Quinn was a medicine woman– | – 噗 – 瞧 Quinn女士以前也是学医的 |
[08:15] | Stop. Now this is when I would normally launch into a rant. | 停 通常我要开始训人了 |
[08:19] | But I’ve already told you what the consequences are | 不过我已经告诉过你 |
[08:21] | if you don’t come up with an acceptable answer | 在仪式前想不到 |
[08:23] | prior to the ceremony. | 合适答案的后果 |
[08:24] | Right now you’ve got four strikes on you. | 现在你已经遭受四重打击 |
[08:26] | And even in the adjusted Lucy Bennett 5-strike system | 甚至是在我最近建立的 |
[08:30] | that I recently established to accommodate | 面向所有差等生的 |
[08:31] | all major underachievers | Lucy Bennett五重打击系统中 |
[08:33] | go ahead and take a second | 你可以稍微开心一下 |
[08:34] | and be happy that something was named after you– | 还有东西是以你命名的 |
[08:36] | Ya still need to come up with something better. | 你还得想一个更好的答案 |
[08:39] | One more pathetic, cliched answer and you’re gone. | 还这么可悲老套 你就走人吧 |
[08:43] | That was kind of a rant. | 那不就是在训人嘛 |
[08:46] | Hey, why did you guys want to become doctors? | 嘿 你们为什么想当医生 |
[08:49] | Oh, actually, I didn’t want to be a doctor. | 哦事实上 我不想当医生 |
[08:51] | I wanted to be a gymnast. | 我想当体操运动员 |
[08:53] | But I was chesty for my age, | 但在同龄人中我的胸太大了 |
[08:54] | and I had no balance because when I was 9, | 而且还不具备平衡能力 |
[08:56] | my cousin jammed a piece of uncooked pasta in my ear. | 因为我九岁的时候我表弟把生面团丢进了我耳朵 |
[08:59] | So the first time I went on the balance beam, | 所以我第一次走上平衡木 |
[09:01] | I fell off and broke my bajingo bone. | 就摔下来折了阴道骨 |
[09:03] | So really I became a doctor because my parents made me. | 我当医生是父母逼的 |
[09:08] | How about you, Dr. Mahoney? | 你呢 Mahoney医生 |
[09:09] | I like scabs. | 我喜欢看伤口结的痂 |
[09:12] | Hey, Drew, want to come over tonight | 嘿Drew 今晚来不来 |
[09:14] | and watch one of those survival shows | 一起看生存节目 |
[09:15] | and root for the guy to die? | 希望那些家伙送死 |
[09:17] | Tonight’s not a good night, Denise. | 今晚不行Denise |
[09:24] | – Hey, work buddy. – Hey. | – 嘿 伙计 – 嘿 |
[09:25] | You have a sec? | 你有空吗 |
[09:26] | Yeah. What do you want to do? | 有啊 你要干嘛 |
[09:28] | You want to play a quick “Hide the saltine”? | 想速来一局”藏起饼干” 吗 |
[09:29] | Maybe “Giant black doctor”? | 还是要玩”大黑人医生” |
[09:32] | Damn, those never sounded dirty with J.D. | 我靠 和J.D.那么说从不淫荡 |
[09:34] | Yes, they did. | 不 很淫荡 |
[09:34] | Oh. Actually, I was hoping I could get a little advice. | 哦 事实上 我希望得到一点建议 |
[09:38] | Tell mama yo’ problems, baby. | 告诉妈咪你的难处 宝贝 |
[09:41] | I’m having relationship issues with Drew. | 我和Drew感情出现了问题 |
[09:43] | – I know… – Just what to do. | – 我知道 – 怎么办 |
[09:46] | Great. I’m out. | 很好 那我走了 |
[09:47] | Okay, so he made a comment about wanting you to look nice, | 好 所以他说要你打扮得漂亮点 |
[09:50] | and then you blew him off and mocked him. | 然后你毫不留情地拒绝 还嘲笑了他 |
[09:51] | Yeah, called him a girl. | 对 我说他娘 |
[09:52] | Oh, fantastic. Okay. | 哦 这真是极好的 |
[09:54] | Uh, does Drew ever do anything nice for you? | 呃 Drew对你好吗 |
[09:56] | Yeah, all the time. | 有啊 一直都很好 |
[09:57] | And do you ever do anything for him? | 你有为他做过什么吗 |
[09:58] | Oh, no. Who wants to travel down that road? | 没 谁要那么干啊 |
[10:01] | Denise, like it or not, you’re in a relationship. | Denise 不管你喜不喜欢 你在恋爱啊 |
[10:02] | Sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to do, | 有时候不得不做些不情愿的事 |
[10:04] | Like dressing nice or, in my case, | 比如打扮的很漂亮 对我而言 |
[10:06] | going to the zoo twice a month. I still don’t know why J.D. | 是一个月去两次动物园 我还是不懂为啥 |
[10:09] | is so obsessed with those damn penguins. | J.D.对那些该死的企鹅如此痴迷 |
[10:11] | It’s because they look like little formal people. | 因为他们像西装革履的小人 |
[10:14] | We like to think, they’re–they’re British. | 他们 他们 是英国绅士 |
[10:16] | Turk, if you’re out, then stay out. | Turk 你要走就赶紧走 |
[10:17] | – Fine! – So to make Drew happy, | – 好 – 所以想让Drew开心 |
[10:20] | I have to start wearing tutus and prom dresses? | 我得开始穿短裙 晚礼服了吗 |
[10:22] | That would look adorable, but no. | 那会很美 不过不是的 |
[10:24] | Just throw on something sexy once in a while, you know? | 只要时不时地耍耍性感 懂吗 |
[10:27] | Show him you care. | 让他看到你很在乎 |
[10:29] | Anyone fancy a swim? | 有人想游泳吗 |
[10:32] | What? That’s how they sound. | 干嘛 他们就是这种语调 |
[10:35] | That is the way they sound. | 他们确实是这样说话的 |
[10:39] | Where are you going? | 你去哪啊 |
[10:41] | Hey, Cole, you know how when we make love, | 嘿Cole 你知道和你嘿咻时 |
[10:44] | I can’t look into your eyes | 我无法直视你的眼睛 |
[10:45] | because they’re so empty and soulless, | 因为他们如此空洞呆滞 |
[10:47] | so I just cover them with my hands? | 所以我只能用手遮挡住 |
[10:49] | Uh, yeah, it’s cool. I can see through your fingers. | 没事 我可以透过你的指缝看 |
[10:51] | Well, I can get past that | 好吧 你如实回答我一次 |
[10:53] | if you’ll be real with me just once. | 这事就算过了 |
[10:56] | – Why do you want to be a doctor? – Why the hell not? | – 你为什么想当医生 – 为何不想 |
[11:00] | Now that’s a good answer. | 这回答不错哦 |
[11:01] | How could that be a good answer? | 怎么可能 |
[11:02] | Because he meant it. | 因为他是认真的 |
[11:04] | What’s up, chiefs? | 你们好吗 总管们 |
[11:06] | I hope the school has insurance, | 我希望学校有保险 |
[11:08] | ’cause my keynote speech | 因为我的演讲 |
[11:09] | is gonna blow the roof off this mother! | 会把屋顶炸翻哦 |
[11:11] | You, son, are a very odd little squid. | 孩子 你真是自信过人啊 |
[11:15] | oh, hey, wait. I want to talk to you. | 等等 我要说句话 |
[11:17] | Your academic record is impeccable, | 你的学术成绩非常优秀 |
[11:20] | and Dr. Turk told me about your catch | Turk医生和我讲述了 |
[11:22] | with the poisonwood berry burn. | 你对毒漆树伤痕的敏锐诊断 |
[11:24] | You are our choice as keynote speaker | 我们要选你 |
[11:27] | – for the white coat ceremony. – Oh! Congratulations. | – 当白大褂仪式的主讲人 – 恭喜啊 |
[11:30] | It’s tantamount to getting half off on a cup of soup. | 和一碗汤一样令人有点兴奋 |
[11:34] | Who knows why we do the things we do? | 谁知道我们做的事有什么意义呢 |
[11:36] | Sometimes we’re just trying to make someone else happy. | 有时仅仅是为了让别人开心 |
[11:39] | – So you think that outfit is sexy? – Yeah. | – 你觉得那套衣服很性感 – 是啊 |
[11:43] | ’cause I’m free-boobin’ it. | 因为我没穿胸罩哟 |
[11:45] | Other times we leave people searching for explanations. | 有时答案得靠自己去寻找 |
[11:49] | I-I don’t want to be the keynote speaker. | 我不想当主讲人 |
[11:51] | But thanks. | 但还是谢谢 |
[11:55] | Well, that’s disappointing. | 好吧 真失望 |
[11:58] | Hmm. I was gonna say, “who cares?” | 呃 我要说”管他呢” |
[12:01] | But in our weakest moments, | 但在我们最脆弱的时刻 |
[12:02] | it’s all about jealousy. | 就只剩嫉妒了 |
[12:04] | Hey, Dr. Turk, I need to show you something on the web. | 嘿Turk医生 网上有个东西我想给你看看 |
[12:07] | Is it a cat doing something a human would do? | 是猫在干人类的活儿吗 |
[12:09] | ’cause if it is, I’m in. | 是的话 那我要看 |
[12:10] | Mm, something with drew. | 呃 是关于Drew的 |
[12:11] | And a cat? | 他和一只猫 |
[12:12] | No. Just look. This is from ten years ago, dude. | 不是 看一下吧 十年前的事 |
[12:16] | That dream is finally realized, | 梦想最终成真了 |
[12:18] | And as doctors… | 作为医生 |
[12:22] | This ceremony is a joke, okay? | 这仪式就是个笑话 对吧 |
[12:24] | I’m better than all you fools, | 我比你们这群傻子 |
[12:26] | – and you guys, too – Hey! | – 还有你们俩都要优秀 – 嘿 |
[12:28] | I have something to say! | 我有话要说 |
[12:29] | I don’t need to be keynote speaker! Okay? | 我不稀罕当主讲人 好吗 |
[12:31] | You don’t deserve these coats! | 你们根本配不上这些白大褂 |
[12:33] | You don’t deserve these coats, okay? | 配不上 好吗 |
[12:35] | You better recognize! | 你们最好承认 |
[12:38] | Have you showed this to anybody? | 给别人看过了吗 |
[12:39] | Still, nothing’s as painful | 没什么比逃避过去 |
[12:41] | as hiding from the past. | 更痛苦的事了 |
[12:42] | Hey, Drew! “You better recognize”? | 嘿Drew “你们最好承认吧” |
[12:47] | It’s something people said in the ’90s. | 这是九十年代人常说的话 |
[12:49] | Cool people? | 牛人说的吗 |
[12:52] | No. | 不是的 |
[12:56] | Recognize! | 承认吧 |
[12:58] | Recognize! | 承认吧 |
[12:59] | Yes, hello. | 哈喽 |
[13:02] | It’s me. | 是我说的 |
[13:04] | How could this be any worse? | 还能更惨点吗 |
[13:09] | scientists taught horses to talk, | 科学家教马儿说话 |
[13:12] | And it turns out because we’ve ridden them all these years, | 结果因为我们骑了他们这么多年 |
[13:16] | They don’t like humans! | 他们讨厌人类 |
[13:21] | Ohh. I don’t even want to think about it. | 哦 我不想再想它了 |
[13:23] | What the hell’s wrong with Cole? | Cole他妈哪根筋不对啊 |
[13:25] | – Drew. – Doctors are much more than just physicians. | – Drew – 医生不仅仅是医者 |
[13:29] | – They can be mentors… – Come with me. | – 他们还可以是导师 – 跟我过来 |
[13:33] | – Disciplinarians… – Come with me! | – 严师 – 跟我过来 |
[13:35] | Aah! Aah! Aah! | 啊 啊 啊 |
[13:38] | Even fashion advisors. | 甚至可以是时尚顾问 |
[13:40] | Come with me. | 跟我过来 |
[13:41] | I’m with a patient. | 我有病人 |
[13:45] | Dementia? Please. | 痴呆症 得了吧 |
[13:47] | Don’t bring that weak sauce in here. | 别拿这么烂的借口搪塞我 |
[13:48] | He’ll never know you’re gone. | 他永远也不会知道你走了 |
[13:50] | Fine. I’ll just take my jacket off, | 好吧 我把外套脱下来 |
[13:53] | put it over the I.V. Stand, | 挂在注射架上 |
[13:54] | – And he’ll probably think it’s still me. – Sweet. | – 那他可能以为我还在 – 周到 |
[13:57] | Let’s see what we have. Mm. | 看看我们的装备 呃 |
[14:00] | Oh, you definitely need my blue eyes for this one | 哦 穿这件你得有我的蓝色靓眼 |
[14:03] | and my pregnancy boobs for this one. | 这件得有我怀孕后的大胸 |
[14:05] | Honestly, if I could give up five years of my life | 说实话 能保住这对巨峰 |
[14:08] | to keep these bad boys, I would, you know, | 我宁可折寿五年 |
[14:10] | as long as I had a guarantee that I’d live until, like, my 80s. | 只要确保我活到八十岁 |
[14:12] | Yeah, you should bring that up to god | 对 上帝赐予你这对傲人奇胸时 |
[14:13] | when he grants you your magic boobs. | 你该和他提提这事 |
[14:15] | Oh, in my head, it wasn’t god. | 哦 我不觉得是上帝的活儿 |
[14:16] | it was a genie. Oh, yes. | 是小精灵干的 对 就这件 |
[14:18] | And we’re gonna need to figure out what to do with these. | 还要想想怎么搞定这两撮 |
[14:21] | Wow. You’re like the sister I never wanted. | 哇 你就跟我讨厌的大姐姐一样 |
[14:23] | – Aw! Oh, really? – I’m not doing any of this. | – 啊真的吗 – 我才不要 |
[14:27] | That is what the ugly duckling always says in the movies, | 丑小鸭在电影里总是那么说 |
[14:29] | but then she takes her glasses off, | 但是她一脱掉眼镜 |
[14:30] | and everyone thinks she’s beautiful. | 每个人都觉得她好漂亮 |
[14:32] | Did–did you just call me an ugly duckling? | 你刚刚叫我丑小鸭 |
[14:35] | Oh, look. There’s lucy. Hey, lucy. | 看 Lucy来了 嘿Lucy |
[14:37] | – Did you see drew’s video? – What video? | – 你们看了Drew的视频吗 – 什么视频 |
[14:41] | – Come on! – Too bad about your boy Drew. | – 快点 – 对你的宠儿Drew太残忍了吗 |
[14:43] | But no worries. I’ll pick up the slack. | 不过别担心 我会收拾这个烂摊的 |
[14:45] | I already wrote the beginning of my speech. | 我已经写好演讲开头了 |
[14:47] | So I open up with a line from the movie “Malice”– | 以电影<体热边缘>中的台词开场 |
[14:49] | “You ask me if I have a god complex? I am god!” | “你问我是否得了上帝综合征 我就是上帝” |
[14:53] | – Boom! We’re in. – Yeah, you damn sure are. | – 砰 我们开始吧 – 对 太他妈对了 |
[14:58] | I don’t think the lock works on that door, | 门锁不管用 |
[15:00] | so if he tries to get out, subdue him. | 万一他想逃走 擒住他 |
[15:02] | – Sleeper hold or full nelson? – Dealer’s choice. | – 是锁喉呢还是握颈翻 – 你随意 |
[15:05] | – I’ll see what els right. – Fair enough. | – 我看看还有没有别的招 – 很好 |
[15:08] | Come out if you want to, boy. Daddy’s waitin’. | 出来试试 小子 老子等着呢 |
[15:12] | Why am I scrubbing in again? | 为什么又要消毒 |
[15:14] | The O.R. is a safe place. | 手术室很安全 |
[15:15] | Nobody’s gonna yell “Recognize” at you in here. | 不会有人朝你吼”承认啊”的 |
[15:18] | Can I ask you a question? | 我可以问个问题吗 |
[15:20] | Why do white people ruin everything? | 为啥白人只会扫人兴 |
[15:23] | I only got to say “Fo shizzle” For a week. | 我只能说一周的”将死你” |
[15:25] | A week! And what’s up with you and that video? | 才一周 你的视频是咋回事 |
[15:28] | The psychologists called it “An unbalanced act.” | 心理学家称之为”心里不平衡的表现” |
[15:31] | But I don’t care about that video. | 我不在乎那个视频 |
[15:32] | I just hate that it reminds me of who I was. | 只是讨厌它让我想起曾经的我 |
[15:35] | What are the three categories of presentation in crohn’s disease? | 克罗恩氏病分哪三类 |
[15:38] | Stricturing, penetrating and inflammatory. | 狭窄型 穿通型 炎症型 |
[15:41] | Sorry, Dr. Reynolds. Looks like nobody else studied. | 抱歉 Reynolds医生 看起来别人都没学 |
[15:45] | Psst. Little help | 帮个忙 |
[15:50] | Thanks. Oh! This kid’s got a cheat sheet! | 谢谢 哦 他有作弊纸条 |
[15:53] | That doesn’t seem fair to the rest of us. I’m just sayin’. | 对我们其他人可不公平 我就说说 |
[15:57] | I pulled every dirty trick in the book, | 我把书上写的阴招耍了个遍 |
[15:58] | and I still didn’t get chosen as keynote speaker. | 还是没有被选为主讲人 |
[16:00] | – That honor went to eric puritsky. – And as doctors… | – 荣誉被Eric puritsky抢走了 – 作为医生 |
[16:04] | Let me get this straight. You turned down keynote speaker | 让我理理清 你拒绝做主讲人 |
[16:07] | because you’re worried you’re becoming that guy again? | 因为你担心自己又变回原样 |
[16:10] | I think I’m already there. | 我觉得我已经变成他了 |
[16:12] | Huh. | 呃 |
[16:15] | Okay. Thank you so much for letting me dress you up. | 好了 非常感谢你让我给你打扮 |
[16:17] | I really needed some closure on the whole makeover thing. | 化妆啥的我真的要歇会了 |
[16:20] | Okay, now take your glasses off, let that hair down | 好 现在摘掉眼镜 放下头发 |
[16:22] | and act like you don’t know how pretty you are. | 假装你不知道自己有多美 |
[16:41] | There it is! Mm! | 就是这样 嗯 |
[16:44] | What is with the sad face? | 这哭丧脸是怎么回事 |
[16:46] | Dr. Cox is still in my head | Cox医生”你为什么想当医生”的问题 |
[16:47] | about this whole “Why do you want to be a doctor?” Thing. | 还在我的脑袋里回荡 |
[16:49] | I just–I can’t think of the answer that he wants, you know? | 我就是想不到他要的答案 |
[16:53] | And you don’t think your amazing new look will take care of that? | 你不觉得靠你惊艳的新造型就能搞定了吗 |
[16:58] | I really don’t. | 我真不觉得 |
[17:01] | Then maybe you should stop looking for the perfect answer | 也许你不该再去找最佳答案 |
[17:03] | and just tell him what you actually think. | 告诉他你真正的想法就好 |
[17:09] | You see that, Drew? That’s scar tissue. | 看到了吗Drew 那是疤痕组织 |
[17:13] | Nine years ago when Joseph came to me, | 九年前 我给Joseph做手术 |
[17:15] | I popped out his appendix and screwed up the closure. | 切掉了阑尾 把伤口缝坏了 |
[17:18] | I was so focused on the abdomen | 因为我太专注于腹部 |
[17:20] | that I blew the cosmesis of the incision. | 忽略了伤口的美观 |
[17:24] | Nowadays I know better, | 如今 我愈加清楚 |
[17:26] | and I can fix it without making the same mistake. | 我可以弥补 不再重蹈覆辙 |
[17:30] | And because of that, I don’t have to beat myself up | 所以 不必再为很久之前发生的事 |
[17:32] | over something that happened a long timago. | 为难自己了 |
[17:36] | So what are you gonna do, Drew? | 你要怎么做 Drew |
[17:41] | I’m gonna scrub out. | 我要重新来过 |
[17:45] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:46] | I saw that video. Crazy. | 我看了那个视频 好疯狂 |
[17:48] | Yeah. It’s like my own personal “Don’t tease me, bro!” | 是啊 像是在对自己说”别笑我 兄弟” |
[17:51] | – That’s why you’ve been weird, huh? – Pretty much. | – 所以你最近这么怪 – 差不多吧 |
[17:53] | I thought it was about me, | 我以为是我的问题 |
[17:55] | ’cause I wouldn’t dress all girly-gay for you. | 因为我不愿意穿得很女人 |
[17:57] | What? No. I mean, I guess I’d like to see you | 什么 不是的 你时不时那么穿 |
[17:59] | like that some time, but… | 我会很高兴 但 |
[18:05] | I would never ask you to do that. | 我不会要求你为了我那么做 |
[18:09] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[18:13] | Why do I want to be a doctor? | 我为什么要当个医生 |
[18:19] | Recognize! | 承认吧 |
[18:21] | – Because the road sure as hell isn’t easy… – Recognize. | – 因为路途注定艰难 – 承认吧 |
[18:24] | And there always seems to be something standing in your way. | 你总会遇到阻碍 |
[18:31] | Sometimes it’s even yourself. | 有时甚至是你自己 |
[18:34] | Dr. Cox. | Cox医生 |
[18:35] | Oh! Dear god. | 哦 天 |
[18:37] | I don’t have your pfect answer. | 我没有你想要的最佳答案 |
[18:39] | At first I thought it was to make my family proud, | 一开始我觉得是让家人开心 |
[18:42] | and then I thought it was about saving lives, | 然后又觉得是拯救生命 |
[18:44] | and for one second, | 再一想 |
[18:45] | I thought it was a chance | 这是个机会 |
[18:46] | to get closer to Dr. Sanjay gupta, | 我可以靠近Sanjay Gupta医生 |
[18:48] | who is a beautiful indian man, and I’ve never visited | 他是个印度帅哥 |
[18:51] | that continent romantically, | 我从未有过浪漫的印度之旅 |
[18:52] | – if you know what I mean. – Unfortunately, I do. | – 你懂我的意思吗 – 不幸的是 我懂 |
[18:56] | Anyway, the truth is I can’t pick just one reason. | 事实就是 我无法选出一个 |
[19:03] | Oh, my god. That’s the answer. | 天啊 那就是答案 |
[19:05] | I want to be a doctor for all those reasons | 那些都是我想当医生的理由 |
[19:08] | And a million more that I haven’t even thought of yet. | 还有无数个我还没想到的理由 |
[19:12] | That’s not bad. Come on. Let’s go. | 回答得还可以 好了 走吧 |
[19:15] | We’re gonna be late for the white coat ceremony. | 白大褂仪式要迟到了 |
[19:17] | Ooh, plus I look super cute in white. | 还有 我穿白色真是超级可爱 |
[19:21] | Now you ruined it. | 现在 你又多嘴了 |
[19:22] | Luckily, we’re surrounded by amazing individuals, | 幸运的是 周围人才济济 |
[19:26] | talented faculty, | 杰出的教师 |
[19:28] | dedicated mentors, | 无私奉献的导师 |
[19:30] | outstanding students who all strive for excellence. | 优秀的学生 所有人都在追求卓越 |
[19:40] | And then there’s the new friends | 还有很多新朋友 |
[19:42] | who make it all a little easier to handle. | 让一切化难为易 |
[19:45] | So, uh, in closing, I’d like to give a simple response | 最后 我想简单回答一下 |
[19:49] | to Dr. Cox’s question– why do I want to be a doctor? | Cox医生的问题 为什么我想当医生 |
[19:53] | Well… Because… | 因为 |
[19:57] | Doctors give people second chances. | 医生给了人们二次机会 |
[20:01] | And we all deserve a second chance. | 我们都值得拥有二次机会 |
[20:07] | You better recognize. | 你们最好承认 |
[20:19] | Hey, I know how you’re really mad at the internet right now. | 我知道你现在有多痛恨网络 |
[20:22] | Well, it taketh away, but it also giveth. | 但是 有失必有得 |
[20:27] | – and meet the crew! – You’re welcome. | – 介绍一下全体成员 – 不用谢 |
[20:29] | We got Styles, Tricky, lil’ Tricky, | 他们是Styles Tricky 小Tricky |
[20:33] | my man boots… | 我的兄弟Boots |
[20:34] | And me–cole fusion. Are you ready? | 还有我 Cole Fusion 准备好了吗 |
[20:37] | ’cause this is happenin’! | 好戏开始了 |
[20:39] | Let’s do it, boys! Whoo! | 上吧 兄弟们 哇呼 |
[20:51] | Oh! | 哦 |
[20:53] | Oh! | 痛 |
[20:54] | Hey! Don’t just stand there, man! Help me up! | 嘿 别光看着呀 拉我一把 |
[20:59] | Is my hair still cool? | 我的头发还好吗 |
[21:00] | I forgive you, internet. | 我原谅你了 网络 |
[21:03] | Turn it off! Come on! Hey, turn that off! Get it away! | 关掉 快 给我关了 拿走 |