时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Four months into med school | 一起在医学院待了四个月 |
[00:01] | And we were getting on each other’s nerves. | 我们开始让对方心烦了 |
[00:03] | Cole was especially good at it. | Cole就特别擅长惹人烦 |
[00:05] | Cole, you’re wearing my scrubs. | Cole 你穿的是我的卫生衣 |
[00:07] | I had to wear the ones my mom made me. | 我不得不穿我妈给我做的这件 |
[00:10] | Babe, you know girl scrubs make my ass pop. | 宝贝 你知道女款卫生衣能显我的翘臀 |
[00:13] | That is so stupid. | 这太二了 |
[00:15] | Damn! Mama wants a bite! | 要死 老娘真想咬一口 |
[00:18] | You know, Cole, | 你知道吗 Cole |
[00:19] | You could be a little more respectful of other people. | 你应该对别人尊重一点 |
[00:22] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:23] | Maya, that is a lovely sweater. | Maya 你的毛衣真好看 |
[00:25] | It really shows everybody what you’re working with. | 它向人们凸显了你努力的”硕果” |
[00:28] | There, Luce. You happy? | 行了吧 Luce 开心了吗 |
[00:29] | What was that for? | 打我干嘛 |
[00:32] | I don’t know. I assume you did somethin’ stupid. Did he? | 不知道 我猜你又做了什么蠢事 有吗 |
[00:34] | Yeah. | 有 |
[00:34] | One more for luck. | 再来一下好运点 |
[00:36] | All right, fall in, losers. | 好了 集合了 傻蛋们 |
[00:38] | Today, one of you is gonna get an amazing learning opportunity. | 今天 有人能获得一个绝佳的学习机会 |
[00:40] | Trang, I need you to put a new gown on Mrs. Gainer. | Trang 我要你去给Gainer太太穿一套新睡衣 |
[00:43] | Be careful. She’s off her meds, has 4-inch nails | 小心点 她没吃药 指甲有10厘米长 |
[00:46] | And is convinced someone’s trying to steal her skin.. | 而且她相信有人想偷她的皮肤 |
[00:48] | Hey, talking man baby, come here. | 喂 会说话的巨婴 过来 |
[00:52] | I am parked in the 10-minute parking zone. | 我把车停进十分钟停车区了 |
[00:54] | You want me to move your car? | 你想要我去把它挪出来吗 |
[00:56] | No. I love the space. | 不 我喜欢那个位置 |
[00:57] | What I want you to do is | 我想要你做的是 |
[00:59] | To pull out of and then back into the space | 把它开出来 再停进那个位置 |
[01:01] | Every ten minutes. | 每十分钟一次 |
[01:02] | If you get bored, here’s a ball and a half a deck of cards. | 如果你无聊了 这有一个球跟半副牌 |
[01:05] | I want that ball. | 我想要那个球 |
[01:07] | Trang, get over here right now. | Trang 过来 马上 |
[01:09] | I didn’t envy Trang. | 我不嫉妒Trang |
[01:10] | At some point, we’d all been caught | 曾几何时 我们被都夹在 |
[01:12] | between Dr. Mahoney and Dr. Cox, | Mahoney医生和Cox医生之间左右为难 |
[01:14] | and it felt like being in a pinball machine. | 感觉就像在弹球游戏机里面 |
[01:22] | And it always ended the same way– | 而且永远都只有一个结局 |
[01:24] | With Dr. Cox winning. | 就是Cox医生胜利 |
[01:25] | Tiny one, run fast. Now. | 小矮个 去吧 快点 马上 |
[01:34] | Dr. Kelso, | Kelso医生 |
[01:36] | I told you you can’t be coming up in here | 我跟你说了你不能上来这里 |
[01:37] | stealing all the gauze. | 把纱布都偷走 |
[01:39] | I mean, are you building a giant gauze ball? | 你要做一个巨大的纱布球吗 |
[01:41] | ’cause if you are, I want in. It’s on my bucket list. | 如果是 我想加入 它在我的遗愿清单上呢 |
[01:43] | Actually, I’m here for a medical reason. | 其实 我是为了健康问题来的 |
[01:45] | I had a bit of a scare while I was playing | 我跟侄女玩猜词游戏时 |
[01:47] | a game of scattergories with my niece. | 突然有点情况 |
[01:49] | You’re still on the clock. | 你时间很紧哦 |
[01:51] | She means the scattergories clock. | 她是说游戏的时间 |
[01:53] | She’s very competive. | 她可好胜了 |
[01:55] | Anyway, I got a little bit light-headed, | 总之 我有点头晕 |
[01:57] | so we’re gonna run some tests. | 所以得做些检查 |
[01:58] | I wouldn’t worry about it. | 是我的话就不会担心 |
[01:59] | A few years back, I, uh, | 几年前 我 呃 |
[02:01] | I got a little light-headed myself. | 我也有一点头晕的症状 |
[02:02] | Turns out it was… | 结果那是 |
[02:05] | Well, it was diabetes. | 好吧 那是糖尿病 |
[02:06] | That’s a bad example. | 这个例子不好 |
[02:07] | You’ll be fine. You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 你会没事的 |
[02:11] | Oh, what up, Dr. T.? | 你来了 T医生 |
[02:12] | Okay, today, as part of your practical doctoring class, | 好了 今天 作为你们实用医学课程的一部分 |
[02:15] | You will be conducting physical exams | 你们将第一次 |
[02:17] | on one another for the first time. | 互相进行身体检查 |
[02:18] | Cole Cole | |
[02:20] | Put your pants back on. | 把你的裤子穿回去 |
[02:21] | Oh, my bad. | 不好意思 |
[02:23] | I thought this was going somewhere totally different. | 我还以为你说的是另一个意思呢 |
[02:26] | People, I said it day one. | 各位 我第一天就说了 |
[02:28] | I can’t teach you without your pants on. | 你们不穿裤子我可不能教你们 |
[02:31] | While doing these exams, some of you may experience | 做检查的时候 你们有的人或许会体验到 |
[02:33] | something we like to call med student syndrome. | 一种我们称为”医学生综合症”的症状 |
[02:35] | It’s a common condition where med students think | 这是一种很常见的症状 医学生会觉得 |
[02:38] | they have the disease they’re studying. | 他们患上了他们正在学习的疾病 |
[02:40] | All right, what I want you all to do now, though, | 好了 现在我想要你们做的 |
[02:42] | is partner up with the person next to you | 就是跟你旁边的人组队 |
[02:44] | and get it crackin’. | 然后开始干活儿吧 |
[02:45] | Getting paired up in med school was like playing a game | 在医学院里面组队 就像一场游戏 |
[02:48] | Of win… | 要么赢 |
[02:49] | Lose… | 要么输 |
[02:51] | Or frank. | 要么毫无保留 |
[02:52] | Spoiler alert– my skin’s super flaky. | 事前警告 我会掉好多皮屑哦 |
[02:56] | Man, I just got totally frank’d. | 天哪 这人也太坦率了 |
[02:59] | I really appreciate you taking time to check me out. | 我真的很感谢你花时间来给我检查 |
[03:01] | I’m gonna take care of ya, but first, as you know, | 我会好好照顾你的 但是首先 你知道的 |
[03:04] | We gotta knock out one of these patient histories, | 我们得搞定这些病人经历 |
[03:07] | And we both know how weird these can get. | 你也明白这得有多奇怪 |
[03:09] | Yes, deeply, deeply weird. | 是的 非常 非常奇怪 |
[03:10] | What do you say we just dive right in? | 你觉得我们直接开始怎么样 |
[03:12] | Are you currently taking any medications? | 你目前正在服用药物吗 |
[03:14] | Have you had sex with multiple partners? | 你曾跟多个伴侣发生过性关系吗 |
[03:16] | You exercising regularly? | 你经常运动吗 |
[03:18] | And have you traveled outside the United States in the last couple months? | 过去两个月你有离开过美国吗 |
[03:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:21] | Hell, yes. | 绝逼有啊 |
[03:23] | Uh, yes–I go to the bathroom ten times a day, | 是的 我每天去十次厕所 |
[03:25] | – Which for me is cardio. – Natch. | – 对我来说就是有氧运动 – 当然 |
[03:28] | I recently flew to Bangkok, | 我最近飞去了曼谷 |
[03:29] | but I didn’t actually get off the plane. | 但是我没有下飞机 |
[03:32] | Right. | 好吧 |
[03:34] | That little stunt you pulled with Trang? | 你给Trang玩的那小手段 |
[03:36] | Not cool. I needed him for real hospital work. | 不怎么样 我需要他做些实事儿 |
[03:38] | Having him move my car, I’ll have you know, | 我就告诉你吧 让他给我挪车 |
[03:40] | was hospital work of the highest order. | 就是医院里最高级别的事 |
[03:43] | That’s exactly what Trang needed– | 没错 Trang太需要这个了 |
[03:45] | driving back and forth in the parking lot, | 在停车场里把车开出来开进去 |
[03:47] | reinforcing every stereotype of Asian drivers. | 巩固一下大家对亚裔司机的成见 |
[03:49] | Look, you’re the one who put me with the med students, | 听着 是你派我去带医学生的 |
[03:52] | so don’t undermine me. | 所以别来坏我的事 |
[03:53] | Who’s in charge of ’em, you or me? | 谁负责管他们啊 你还是我 |
[03:54] | I am in charge of you, and by the transitive property, | 我负责管你 根据传递性定理 |
[03:57] | anybody you’re in charge of I’m also in charge of. | 你管的每个人都是我管的 |
[03:59] | You see, I’m the boss around here. | 你看 我是这里的领导 |
[04:01] | I pretty much do whatever I want. | 我基本是想干嘛就干嘛 |
[04:02] | For instance, I can use the intercom to whistle. | 举例来说 我能用对讲机吹口哨 |
[04:05] | Any loose change– automatically mine. | 任何掉落的零钱 自动变成我的 |
[04:07] | And I never have to buy chocolate bars | 而且我永远都不用向任何同事的 |
[04:09] | from any of my colleagues’ awful children | 熊孩子买巧克力 |
[04:11] | to support their horrible school band. | 去支持他们那差劲的校内乐队 |
[04:13] | I can do whatever I want, | 我想干嘛就干嘛 |
[04:14] | and you just have to stand and nod, | 你站着点头就好了 |
[04:16] | like the sweet-mouthed little man-boy monkey toy | 就像给小男孩玩的甜嘴玩具猴 |
[04:18] | that you truly are. | 也就是你的真性情 |
[04:20] | Mine. | 我的了 |
[04:23] | Leave. | 闪开 |
[04:27] | Even though Dr. Turk warned us | 尽管Turk医生已经提醒过我们 |
[04:28] | about med student syndrome, | “医学生综合症”的事 |
[04:30] | we couldn’t help ourselves. | 我们还是忍不住怀疑自己得病 |
[04:31] | Dr. Turk, I’ve got scurvy and rickets. | Turk医生 我得了坏血病和佝偻病 |
[04:34] | How did I get all the pirate diseases? | 我是怎么得上这些海盗病啊 |
[04:36] | That’s a walk in the park | 比起我患上的早发痴呆症 |
[04:38] | compared to my early onset dementia. | 你那是小菜一碟 |
[04:41] | Where’s my phone?! | 我的手机哪去了 |
[04:42] | Actually, Cole does have a weird mole on his chest. | 其实Cole胸口上的痣真的有点奇怪 |
[04:45] | Man, forget that mole. | 大哥 别提那痣了 |
[04:46] | I’m more worried about the pain in my throat… | 我更担心我的喉咙痛 |
[04:49] | The t-pain. | T-Pain饶舌 |
[04:52] | *My voice sounds hella cool.* | *我的声音听起来酷毙了* |
[04:56] | Listen, guys, calm down. | 听着 大家 冷静点 |
[04:58] | You’re all fine. | 你们都没事 |
[05:00] | Everything’s good. | 一切都好着呢 |
[05:01] | That’s a bruise. | 那是块淤青 |
[05:02] | You’re just ticklish. | 你只是怕痒 |
[05:03] | And you, my friend, | 而你呢 朋友 |
[05:04] | you got ink on your tongue. | 你舌头上有墨水 |
[05:06] | Stop eating your pen. | 别再咬你的笔了 |
[05:07] | Cole, the mole on your chest… | Cole 你胸口的痣 |
[05:10] | Well, actually, the mole on your chest | 其实 你胸口的痣 |
[05:11] | is something we need to check out. | 是该去检查一下 |
[05:14] | So, Cole, | 呃 Cole |
[05:16] | unfortunately, the biopsy shows that | 很不幸 切片检查结果显示 |
[05:18] | your mole is malignant. | 你的痣是恶性的 |
[05:20] | You have melanoma. | 你得了黑素瘤 |
[05:22] | Skin cancer? | 皮肤癌 |
[05:23] | Oh, my god, Cole. | 我的天 Cole |
[05:25] | *Oh, snap, I got a funky cancer mole.* | *喔哟 我有一颗时髦的癌症痣* |
[05:28] | How’d you know it was gonna be malignant? | 你怎么知道它是恶性的 |
[05:30] | Oh, I didn’t. I was prepared for both ways. | 我是不知道 我两种都准备了 |
[05:32] | *Check my rhymes ’cause my mole is benign.* | *切克闹 我的痣是良性的* |
[05:50] | Cole’s cancer thing was really freaking me out. | Cole的癌症真的把我吓坏了 |
[05:53] | Hey, check it. I put orange soda in my I.V. Bag. | 嘿 快看啊 我把橙子汽水装进我的输液袋了 |
[05:56] | I’m like a hamster, yo. | 我就跟仓鼠一样 |
[05:58] | Cole–not so much. | 至于Cole 跟没事儿一样 |
[06:00] | This is serious. You have cancer. | 这很严重 你得了癌症 |
[06:02] | Lucy, it’s not cancer cancer. | Lucy 这又不是真的癌症 |
[06:05] | Hey, that kind of cancer is for uglies | 那种癌症是丑八怪才得的 |
[06:07] | And dudes who keep laptops on their balls. | 还有那些把手提电脑放在蛋蛋上的人 |
[06:12] | Well, then, Bobbo, I figured out what’s causing the fainting. | 好了 Bobbo 我找出你晕倒的原因了 |
[06:15] | Men don’t faint. | 人类不会晕倒 |
[06:16] | We take unintended decisive naps. | 我们只是无意识地打了个突然的盹 |
[06:19] | It’s just vagal syncope. | 只是迷走神经性晕厥 |
[06:20] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么可担心的 |
[06:21] | That’s a relief. | 真是松了口气 |
[06:22] | So just fill my prescription for blue steel. | 那就给我开点壮阳药 |
[06:25] | I’ll be on my way. | 我就可以走了 |
[06:26] | There is one other thing. | 还有一件事 |
[06:28] | Unfortunately, given your age | 很可惜 考虑到你的年龄 |
[06:30] | And your current insurance regulations, | 还有你目前保险的规定 |
[06:31] | They’re not gonna let you drive anymore. | 他们不让你继续开车了 |
[06:34] | Oh, that’s crazy! I’m a great driver. | 这太扯了 我开车可棒了 |
[06:40] | Hey, what’s up? | 喂 啥事 |
[06:42] | Nothin’. | 没事 |
[06:43] | Ah, I was about to grab some yogurt. | 我正打算去买点酸奶 |
[06:47] | Ah, I guess I bum rides. | 有时候我是有点不靠谱 |
[06:49] | Well, it’s good, actually. | 其实这样也好 |
[06:51] | You don’t know how many times I’ve been out late | 你都不知道我晚上出去玩的时候 |
[06:54] | and had to pass on that seventh drink. | 已经推掉过多少次第七杯酒了 |
[06:56] | No more Mr. Responsible! | 再也不用当负责任先生啦 |
[07:03] | What about him? How’s he gonna die? | 他呢 他会怎么死 |
[07:05] | Red nose. Beer gut. Definitely liver failure. | 红鼻头 啤酒肚 绝对是肝病 |
[07:07] | No way. Check out his shirt and his callused hands. | 才不 看看他的衣服和那长茧的手 |
[07:08] | He probably works around a lot of machinery. | 他很可能是跟机器打交道的 |
[07:10] | I’m thinkin’ nail gun to the head. | 我觉得是被射钉枪打中头 |
[07:12] | You said that about the nurse who just walked by. | 刚刚走过去的护士你也是这么说的 |
[07:13] | I think you’re overestimating how many people | 我觉得你可能高估了 |
[07:15] | actually own nail guns. | 拥有射钉枪的真实人数 |
[07:16] | Whatever. That’s how I wanna go. | 不管 我就喜欢这样说 |
[07:19] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:20] | Number one, I need you to prep some forms for Dr. Kelso, | 第一名 我要你去给Kelso医生准备些表格 |
[07:23] | get the notes for today’s lecture out of my office, | 去我办公室拿今天讲课的笔记 |
[07:26] | and set my DVR to record “Big Bang Theory”. | 然后把<生活大爆炸>录在我的硬盘里 |
[07:29] | The whole world is watching this thing, | 全世界都在看这个东西 |
[07:31] | and I’ve got to know why. | 我必须得知道为什么 |
[07:33] | I gotta go. Dr. Cox needs me to do a bunch of stuff. | 我得走了 Cox医生有一堆事让我做 |
[07:36] | Cox? You’re leaving me for Cox right now? | Cox 你现在是要为了Cox离开我吗 |
[07:39] | Yeah. Is that all right? | 是啊 可以吗 |
[07:40] | No. Yeah, that’s fine. Go. | 没咋 可以 没事 走吧 |
[07:44] | It’s just, all this talk about, you know, | 只是 我们聊的 嗯 |
[07:46] | dying is making me think about my childhood dog. | 死亡 让我想起了小时候的狗 |
[07:49] | Rascal… | 叫小坏蛋 |
[07:51] | Flatts Paws | 扁平爪 |
[07:52] | You had a dog named Rascal Flatts Paws? | 你有只狗叫小坏蛋扁平爪 |
[07:54] | It’s an Indian name, okay? | 这是个印第安名字 好吗 |
[07:56] | We got him from a Navajo rescue center. | 我们在一个纳瓦霍的救助中心领养了他 |
[07:59] | I taught him how to skateboard. | 我教他怎么滑雪 |
[08:00] | He was really good, until my dad ran him over. | 他滑的特好 直到我爸把他撞死 |
[08:04] | The bastard did it on purpose. | 那个混蛋是故意的 |
[08:05] | Wait, are you screwing with me? | 等下 你是在逗我玩吧 |
[08:06] | Yeah, Drew, that’s what I do. | 是啊 Drew 我是在逗你玩 |
[08:09] | I make up stories about my dead | 去世的滑雪印第安狗狗 |
[08:10] | skateboarding Indian dog and my abusive father | 和有暴力倾向的爸爸 都是我编出来的 |
[08:13] | just to mess with you. | 就是为了逗你玩 |
[08:13] | That’s… Yeah. | 那 是的 |
[08:16] | Oh, just forget it. | 当我没说 |
[08:22] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没事 |
[08:23] | I’ll stay. | 我留下吧 |
[08:26] | After our examinations yesterday, | 昨天检查完了之后 |
[08:28] | We discovered a malignant melanoma on Cole’s chest. | 我们发现Cole胸口上有一颗恶性黑素瘤 |
[08:30] | He’s been generous enough | 他很慷慨地 |
[08:31] | to let us use his case as a teaching tool. | 同意让我们用他的案例作为教学工具 |
[08:33] | Mm! You hear that? I’m a tool, yo. | 你们听到了吗 我是个傻帽哦 |
[08:36] | – Pal… – Drew, he’s sick. Let’s just let it slide. | – 兄弟 – Drew 他病了 我们还是翻篇吧 |
[08:42] | This slide is a magnified image of Cole’s mole. | 幻灯片上显示的是Cole的痣的放大图 |
[08:45] | How is it different from a benign one? | 它跟良性的有什么区别 |
[08:47] | Well, it’s dark with undefined edges. | 它很黑 边缘模糊 |
[08:48] | You’re dark with undefined edges. | 你才又黑又边缘模糊 |
[08:50] | That doesn’t even make any sense. | 这话根本不讲道理 |
[08:51] | You don’t make sense. | 你才不讲道理 |
[08:52] | Okay, you know what? We’ll just move on to the questions. | 好了 算了 我们还是问问题吧 |
[08:54] | Uh, Dr. Turk, | Turk医生 |
[08:55] | doesn’t melanoma sometimes spread into the lymph nodes? | 有时候黑素瘤不是会扩散到淋巴结吗 |
[08:58] | Well, they caught it early, so that’s an extreme scenario. | 他们发现的早 所以你说的是一种极端情况 |
[09:01] | you’re an extreme scenario. | 你才是极端情况 |
[09:03] | I’m sorry, Dr. T. He just keeps settin’ me up. | 对不起 T医生 他一直引我入坑 |
[09:07] | Thanks again, Turkleton, for giving me the lift. | 谢啦 Turkleton 能载我一程 |
[09:09] | Hitching rides with students was not working out. | 搭学生的便车行不通 |
[09:12] | The constant stops at keg parties and strip clubs– | 车一直经过啤酒桶派对和脱衣舞酒吧 |
[09:16] | They just weren’t into it. | 他们死活不进去 |
[09:17] | But hey, | 但是 |
[09:19] | Nobody hustles Bob Kelso out of the champagne room. | 没人能把Bob Kelso赶出脱衣舞酒吧的香槟房 |
[09:22] | That is my house. | 那就是我家 |
[09:24] | If I even step into the parking lot of a strip club, | 我就算是只进了脱衣酒吧的停车场 |
[09:27] | Carla–she could pick up the scent | Carla她都能易如反掌地 |
[09:28] | of glitter and vanilla body wash like nobody’s business. | 闻到我身上闪粉和香草沐浴露的味道 |
[09:32] | I’m telling you, it’s like she’s a stripper bloodhound. | 不骗你 她就是个脱衣舞娘猎犬 |
[09:34] | Oh, well, I gotta get home early anyway. | 我反正也要早点回家 |
[09:36] | I wanna read the internet before they take it down. | 我想在他们撤销互联网之前再上上网 |
[09:38] | I’m not exactly sure that’s how that works, sir. | 我觉得互联网貌似不是这么发展的 |
[09:41] | – Damn! – What? | – 要死 – 干嘛 |
[09:42] | Talked through my taco. Totally forgot to savor it. | 我一直在说话 完全忘了好好品尝玉米卷 |
[09:45] | I’m-a go get another one. | 我得再去买一个 |
[09:47] | I’ll be back in five minutes, okay? | 五分钟就回来 好吧 |
[09:50] | You know what? | 还是不行 |
[09:51] | Ten minutes. Line looks kinda long. | 十分钟吧 队伍看上去有点长 |
[09:54] | I know you think this surgery’s no big deal, | 我知道你觉得这个手术不是什么大事 |
[09:56] | but are you sure you don’t want your parents there? | 但你确定不要通知你父母来吗 |
[09:58] | Yeah, I’m good. | 嗯 没事 |
[10:00] | And besides, they’re on some bike trip around Iceland | 再说 他们在冰岛骑行旅游 |
[10:02] | taking pictures of puffins… | 给海雀拍照 |
[10:03] | Whatever the hell those are. | 也不知道那是什么鬼 |
[10:05] | What about your boys? | 你的好哥们呢 |
[10:06] | I could give them a call for you. | 我可以帮你给他们打电话 |
[10:07] | Nah, | 不用了 |
[10:08] | Topher and Bootsat are on house arrest for | Topher和Bootsat被禁足了 |
[10:10] | getting into a fight with Criss Angel at a porn convention. | 因为在黄片大会跟Criss Angel打了一架 |
[10:13] | It sounded awesome. | 听起来好牛逼 |
[10:14] | I could at least make sure our study group is there. | 最起码我能保证让咱的学习小组来 |
[10:17] | Those fools? | 那些傻蛋 |
[10:18] | They’re your friends. | 他们是你朋友 |
[10:19] | They wanna be there for you. | 他们想陪着你 |
[10:21] | All right, I guess it’s cool if they come. | 好吧 他们来也无妨 |
[10:23] | Oh, sweet! Cancer party! | 噢 太好了 癌症派对 |
[10:26] | Like, tons of my uncles died of cancer | 我有一打叔叔都是得癌症死的 |
[10:28] | so I know exactly how to do this. | 所以我很清楚该怎么组织 |
[10:30] | Oh, but theirs was sad. This one’s gonna be fun. | 不过他们的都是悲伤的 这次会很好玩 |
[10:34] | Number one, just exactly what in the hell happened? | 第一名 你到底搞什么鬼 |
[10:36] | You didn’t do any of the stuff that I asked you to. | 我告诉你的事你一件都没做 |
[10:39] | I’m sorry. Denise was going through something. | 对不起 Denise刚才有点事 |
[10:41] | I was in a really emotional place. | 我刚刚真的很伤感 |
[10:43] | Let me see if I got this straight, Dr. Mahoney. | 听听我说对了没有 Mahoney医生 |
[10:45] | You, who think that women in labor | 你 一个觉得工作中的女人 |
[10:47] | need to cool it on the emotional theatrics, | 需要把感性面孔放在一边的人 |
[10:50] | suddenly became a needy girlfriend | 突然变成粘人小女友 |
[10:52] | at the exact same moment that I required number one’s help? | 还刚好就在我叫第一名帮忙的时候 |
[10:55] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[10:56] | I’ll tell you what’s going on here. | 我来告诉你 |
[10:57] | This one thinks that just because | 这个人觉得 |
[10:59] | you’re having emotionless intercourse | 就因为你们是炮友 |
[11:00] | that you are the one med student who will listen to her over me. | 你就是唯一会服从她而不是我的医学生 |
[11:04] | Sweetie, ignore him. | 亲爱的 别理他 |
[11:05] | I need you to take a patient to get an M.R.I. | 我需要你带一个病人去做核磁共振 |
[11:07] | And I need you to prepare slides for the immunology exam. | 而我需要你去准备免疫学考试的幻灯片 |
[11:10] | The one thing I know for sure is that | 我唯一确定的是 |
[11:12] | Drew is not gonna sacrifice his entire medical career | Drew是不会为了你冰冷如机器钳子般的生硬爱抚 |
[11:15] | for the steely caress of your cold robot pinchers. | 牺牲掉他整个医学前程的 |
[11:18] | Well, let’s let him choose. | 我们让他自己选吧 |
[11:19] | Fine. Drew? | 好啊 Drew |
[11:26] | Oh, hey, Bob. I am so sorry to keep you waitin’. | Bob真对不起让你一直等 |
[11:28] | I’ve been dancing as fast as I can up there, | 我已经尽快上来了 |
[11:30] | but I just need 15 more minutes to see another patient, | 但我还再要15分钟看另一个病人 |
[11:33] | and we will get out of here. | 然后我们就走 |
[11:34] | Ah, take your time. It’s already been 10 minutes. What’s 15 more? | 不急 反正已经等了10分钟了 再等15分钟怕什么 |
[11:37] | why don’t you just go inside and have yourself a seat? | 你干嘛不进去坐坐 |
[11:39] | Oh, a nice warm seat for the old-timer, huh? | 招待老不死的一个好位置 是吧 |
[11:42] | Gee, thanks. Will there be an Afghan? | 天 谢了 会有阿富汗人吗 |
[11:44] | I don’t want to get a draft while I’m doing the jumble | 我可不想在一边嗨大发 |
[11:46] | and clipping articles to send to my grandchildren. | 一边给我孙子做剪报的时候 被征召入伍 |
[11:49] | I appreciate that you’re frustrated… | 你不开心我能理解 |
[11:50] | Not being able to drive, losing your independence. | 不能开车 失去了独立性 |
[11:53] | It’s gotta be pretty hard on you. | 对你来说是有点难熬 |
[11:55] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你说的什么屁话 |
[11:57] | Look, Perry, just because we had a couple of nice conversations | 听着 Perry 不要以为我们谈过几次话 |
[12:01] | and a few backyard beers last summer, | 去年夏天在后院喝过几次啤酒 |
[12:03] | It doesn’t mean we’re butch and sundance, all right. | 就说明我们是好基友 好吗 |
[12:05] | So just forget all this soul mate stuff | 别搞得像个灵魂伴侣似的 |
[12:08] | and just go bring the car around. | 快去把车开来 |
[12:09] | You know, Bob? | 嗯 Bob |
[12:11] | Find your own way home. | 你还是自己回家吧 |
[12:16] | Hey, guys. | 你们好啊 |
[12:17] | I wanted to talk to you about something. | 我想跟你们说点事 |
[12:18] | You want us to go Cole’s surgery? | 你想让我们去陪Cole做手术吧 |
[12:20] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[12:21] | It’s written on your hand. | 你手上写着呢 |
[12:24] | I’ve been forgetting things recently. | 我最近有点健忘 |
[12:26] | You should eat more grains. | 你该多吃点谷物 |
[12:27] | You know, I was just thinking that exact… | 我想的跟你一模一样 |
[12:31] | So… Can I count on you all to be there? | 那 你们都能去吗 |
[12:34] | Why? He never supports us. | 为啥要去 他从没支持过我们 |
[12:36] | Yeah. Last month, I ran a charity 5k. | 就是 上个月 我捐了五千块做慈善 |
[12:39] | But when I asked Cole for a donation, | 但是我请Cole捐款的时候 |
[12:41] | he burped in my face | 他对着我的脸打了个嗝 |
[12:42] | and told me it was for the kids. | 说这就是送给小孩子的 |
[12:43] | But it would mean a lot to him if you guys were there. | 但是你们的出现对他意义很大 |
[12:45] | Really? Because every time I ask him how he is, | 是吗 因为每次我问他过得怎么样的时候 |
[12:48] | He shows me his abs and says, “Ask them.” | 他都会秀出腹肌 然后说 “问它们” |
[12:50] | Look, if you don’t wanna do it for him, then do it for me. | 如果你们不想为他而去 就为我而去吧 |
[12:53] | And if you don’t wanna do it for me… | 如果你们不想为我而去 |
[12:54] | then do it for the cupcakes I’ll bring. | 那就为了我带的纸杯蛋糕去吧 |
[12:57] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[12:58] | I tried to make sure Cole wouldn’t be alone. | 我尽力保证Cole不会孤孤单单 |
[13:01] | Although for some, solitude can be a relief. | 尽管对一些人来说 独处真的是种解脱 |
[13:03] | Have you seen Drew Suffin? | 你看到Drew Suffin了吗 |
[13:05] | Med student but, like, 900 years old? | 医学生 但是长得像九百岁似的 |
[13:08] | Hey, you seen a med student | 嘿 你看到一个医学生了吗 |
[13:10] | thinks he’s way cooler than he is, | 觉得他自己酷毙了 |
[13:11] | kinda has a serial killer vibe? | 有点连环杀手的气质 |
[13:14] | But sometimes it can remind you of a growing frustration. | 但有时独自一人只会让你越来越沮丧 |
[13:21] | and even if you think you’re just fine on your own, | 就算你觉得一个人待着也挺好 |
[13:25] | you can feel surprisingly abandoned. | 你还是意外地发现自己被抛弃了 |
[13:27] | I thought you said people were coming. | 你不是说他们会来吗 |
[13:33] | Cupcake? | 吃蛋糕吗 |
[13:40] | Hey, where did you go? | 嘿 你去哪了 |
[13:42] | I went to the campus store | 我去了学校里的商店 |
[13:43] | and got some things to cheer you up, like… | 买了点东西让你高兴 比如 |
[13:45] | a Winston University mini fan | 一个温斯顿大学的迷你风扇 |
[13:48] | because this surgery is gonna be a breeze… | 因为这个手术将会像清风拂面 |
[13:51] | A license plate frame | 一个车牌框 |
[13:54] | because you are gonna drive away that cancer. | 因为你会开车把癌症赶跑 |
[13:57] | And… | 还有一个 |
[13:59] | a stuffed Ollie the owl cat. | Ollie猫头鹰猫玩具 |
[14:01] | because you are gonna hoot, hoot, hoot… | 因为你会把癌症咻 咻 咻 |
[14:04] | Actually, I just really think he’s cute. | 其实 我只是觉得他很可爱 |
[14:06] | Can I have him? | 我能留着他吗 |
[14:07] | Whatever. Keep it. | 随便 留着吧 |
[14:09] | Look, it’s not all bad. | 你看也没那么糟嘛 |
[14:10] | I’m here. We have cupcakes. | 我在这呢 咱还有蛋糕 |
[14:12] | We can lie in bed and watch TV all day. | 我们可以躺在床上看一整天电视 |
[14:15] | No, the remote’s broken | 不行 遥控器坏了 |
[14:17] | and it’s stuck on the history channel. | 卡在了历史频道 |
[14:19] | I don’t care about stuff that’s already happened. | 我才不在乎那些已经发生的事 |
[14:22] | I’m really sorry no one came. | 我真的很抱歉没人来 |
[14:23] | Yeah, I was fine without anyone, | 其实没人我也能很好 |
[14:25] | but you had to promise. | 但你非要打保票 |
[14:26] | You had to do the whole Lucy thing of, | 你就非得整你的那套 |
[14:28] | “Oh, they’ll come. They’ll listen to me.” | “噢 他们会来的 他们会听我的” |
[14:30] | “I think horses should go into space.” | “我觉得马儿们应该被送进太空” |
[14:32] | I never said that. | 我没说过那句 |
[14:34] | Why would I want fewer horses on earth? | 为什么我要希望地球上的马儿变少呢 |
[14:36] | That’s crazy. | 太扯淡了 |
[14:37] | What’s crazy is thinking that you could cheer me up. | 扯淡的是你觉得能让我开心 |
[14:40] | You know, that is just the kind of jerky thing | 你知道吗 就是这种混蛋做派 |
[14:42] | that makes people not wanna be there for you. | 才让大家都不想陪在你身边 |
[14:44] | Well, I don’t need them and I don’t need you either. | 我不需要他们 我也不需要你 |
[14:47] | Okay, so take your cupcakes | 好吗 所以拿着你的蛋糕 |
[14:49] | and your license plate frame, | 和你的车牌框 |
[14:51] | Leave the mini fan and go. | 留下小风扇 然后快走 |
[14:53] | Whatever you want. | 你开心就好 |
[14:56] | Oh, come on, Lucy! | 不是吧 Lucy |
[14:58] | Judge Mathis?! | Mathis法官真人秀 |
[15:00] | The med student who was supposed to pick me up never showed up. | 来接我的医学生一直没来 |
[15:02] | I’ve been out there forever. | 我都等了八百年了 |
[15:04] | What do you want from me? | 你想要我怎么样 |
[15:06] | Help me out with this paperwork thing | 帮我搞定这些文件 |
[15:08] | so I can drive again. | 让我可以继续开车 |
[15:10] | It’s just some stupid insurance rule. | 不就是些愚蠢的保险规定么 |
[15:12] | Well, that’s a pretty big favor there, Bob. | 这是个蛮大的人情啊 Bob |
[15:15] | And since according to you we’re not real friends– | 而且你说了 我们不是真正的朋友 |
[15:17] | Which makes perfect sense | 这点很在理 |
[15:19] | as your only real friends are a bottle of discount Gin | 因为你真正的朋友就是瓶打折的金酒 |
[15:22] | and the metal handrail in your shower– | 和浴室里的铁把手 |
[15:23] | I’m gonna go ahead and say | 我的回答会是 |
[15:25] | no. | 不要 |
[15:28] | Look out. | 让让 |
[15:30] | What are you doin’ here? | 你在这干嘛 |
[15:31] | I got a text from Drew. | 我收到了Drew的短信 |
[15:32] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也是 |
[15:38] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:38] | You texted me that a patient’s coding in here. | 你发短信说 这在进行病人诊断编码 |
[15:40] | You texted me, | 你发给我说 |
[15:41] | “Come and show me your boobs”? | “来给我看看你的胸” |
[15:43] | I may have switched those texts, | 我可能把你俩信息发反了 |
[15:45] | which does raise the question– | 这就引出了一个疑问 |
[15:47] | Why did you show up then, Dr. Cox? | 你为什么会来呢 Cox医生 |
[15:52] | Dr. Kelso? | Kelso医生 |
[15:54] | Sorry, son. I came in to use the bathroom | 对不起 孩子 我在你睡觉的时候 |
[15:56] | while you were sleeping. | 进来上了个厕所 |
[15:57] | But I’ve been watching TV for the last 45 minutes. | 但是我刚才45分钟都在看电视 |
[16:00] | Yeah. I got caught up | 是啊 我一直在看这篇 |
[16:02] | in this article about how they make tortillas. | 介绍怎么做玉米饼的文章 |
[16:04] | There’s a lot of steps. | 真是有好多步骤啊 |
[16:06] | Well, what are you in for? | 你哪儿不舒服要住院啊 |
[16:08] | Oh, I got the cancer. | 哦 我得了癌症 |
[16:11] | I’ll tell you what’ll make you feel better– | 我告诉你怎么样能好受点吧 |
[16:14] | Giving an old man your pudding cup. | 把你的布丁送给老人家吃 |
[16:20] | Uh, listen, for reasons I don’t understand– | 听着 因为一些我不懂的原因 |
[16:23] | Probably related to childhood memories | 很可能跟我的童年记忆有关 |
[16:25] | of my father dressed up like my mother, | 我爸穿得跟我妈一样 |
[16:27] | Screaming, “Am I pretty? Am I pretty? Am I pretty?” | 大叫 “我漂亮吗 我漂亮吗 我漂亮吗” |
[16:29] | You two are my closest relationships in this place. | 你们两个是我在这个地方最亲近的人 |
[16:32] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[16:33] | But I cannot handle | 但是我实在受不了 |
[16:35] | being stuck in the middle of you guys. | 被夹在你们两人中间 |
[16:37] | You have got to work it out. | 你们必须解决这个问题 |
[16:38] | You brought us here to make us talk? | 你把我们叫来就是要让我们谈谈 |
[16:41] | That’s ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[16:42] | About as ridiculous as your five o’clock shadow. | 差不多跟你的短胡须一样可笑 |
[16:44] | Honest to god, there are some times during rounds | 说实话 有时我在寻房的时候 |
[16:46] | when I look over at you and it’s like I’m teaching Yasser Arafat. | 看到你 都觉得我好像在教阿拉法特 |
[16:50] | Really? I see a slightly gayer George Michael. | 真的吗 我觉得他是基版George Michael |
[16:52] | Oh, so see that. | 噢 的确有点 |
[16:54] | Could you please be more alike? | 你们还能更像一点吗 |
[16:59] | You know, we are kind of alike. | 我们真的有点像 |
[17:01] | And actually, | 而且说实话 |
[17:02] | a lot of my best moves I learned from watching you. | 我最好的招数都是跟你学的 |
[17:05] | Remember you gave Maya that 2-page list | 记得你给Maya的那份两页清单吗 |
[17:07] | of careers she’d be more suited for than medicine? | 写满了比医学更适合她的职业 |
[17:10] | She cried for the entire weekend. | 她哭了一整个周末 |
[17:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:12] | Gosh, you hope | 天哪 你希望 |
[17:13] | you reach these kids, | 你能打动这些孩子 |
[17:15] | but you never know. | 但是你永远猜不透 |
[17:16] | You just never know. | 就是永远都猜不透 |
[17:24] | Sorry your mom couldn’t make it. | 你妈妈不能来真遗憾 |
[17:27] | She’s a hell of a woman. | 她可真是个难得的佳人啊 |
[17:28] | Next time you see her, | 下次你见到她的时候 |
[17:30] | tell her that Bob Kelso said, | 告诉她Bob Kelso说 |
[17:32] | “I still see sugarplums.” | “我脑海中仍然浮现甜言蜜语(小糖果)” |
[17:34] | She’ll know what it means. | 她知道是什么意思 |
[17:35] | Does it mean that you want her to make you one of her holiday cakes? | 意思是你想要她帮你做个节日蛋糕吗 |
[17:40] | Yeah, that’s what it means. | 对 就是这个意思 |
[17:43] | So where are your friends? | 你的朋友在哪儿呢 |
[17:45] | They never showed up. | 他们就没有来 |
[17:48] | Man, if one of them needed me, I’d be there. | 如果他们有人需要我 我一定会去 |
[17:50] | Okay, like, when Trang asked me to help him move, | 像Trang叫我去帮他搬家的时候 |
[17:52] | I said no because I didn’t want slow everyone down with my hilarious jokes. | 我拒绝了 因为我担心说段子太好笑会拖慢大家的速度 |
[17:57] | Are you scared about this? | 你害怕手术吗 |
[17:59] | No. | 不 |
[18:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:06] | Look, I’m totally freaked out, | 我其实都快吓死了 |
[18:09] | and I pushed away the one person who was here for me. | 而且我还把唯一在我身边的人气走了 |
[18:12] | Old man… | 老头 |
[18:14] | Your stinkin’ forms. Enjoy driving again. | 你的臭文件 开车愉快 |
[18:16] | Try not to kill anybody. | 尽量别撞死人 |
[18:18] | What was that? | 那是啥 |
[18:20] | He just did me a big favor, | 他刚帮了我一个大忙 |
[18:24] | even though I was a real douche to him. | 可是我对他像个混蛋一样 |
[18:27] | And I was just… | 我就是很 |
[18:29] | scared about getting old, | 很害怕变老 |
[18:33] | losing my independence. | 失去独立性 |
[18:35] | It sucks. | 太难受了 |
[18:37] | I don’t want people to know when I’m scared. | 我不想让人们知道我害怕 |
[18:40] | It’s weak. | 这是软弱 |
[18:41] | Yeah, I-I-I used to be like you– | 是 我 我以前也像你一样 |
[18:43] | You know, putting up a front, | 死要面子逞强 |
[18:45] | shutting people out, acting like you don’t need anybody. | 拒绝别人的关心 装作好像不需要任何人 |
[18:48] | Fortunately, though, I got past all that | 但幸运的是 这些都过去了 |
[18:50] | Because you see, | 因为你看 |
[18:52] | The best thing about letting people know | 让大家知道你对他们的真实感受 |
[18:55] | how you really feel about them | 有一个最大的好处 |
[18:57] | is then no matter how big a jackass you’ve been, | 就是不管你有多犯贱 |
[19:01] | they’ll still show up for you when times are bad. | 他们仍然会在你难过的时候出现 |
[19:06] | Hey, I got your message. | 我收到你的留言了 |
[19:08] | Didn’t you listen to the whole thing? | 你难道没听完整吗 |
[19:10] | Yeah. | 听完了 |
[19:11] | Then why are you wearing a bra? | 那你怎么还穿着内衣 |
[19:14] | I’m not. | 我没穿 |
[19:17] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你来 |
[19:19] | I was a jerk, and you didn’t deserve it. | 我就是个傻逼 你受委屈了 |
[19:21] | I know you were scared. | 我知道你是害怕 |
[19:23] | I’ll be here when you get out, okay? | 我会等你出来的 好吗 |
[19:28] | Sometimes ego gets in the way of what’s best for you, | 有时候太自我会让你看不见什么是对你最好的 |
[19:31] | Whether it’s combining forces… | 不管是一股联合的力量 |
[19:33] | Now, now, this guy has never prepared for class a day in his life. | 现在这个 这人这辈子从没做过一次功课 |
[19:37] | What’s say we start with him? | 我们从他开始怎么样 |
[19:38] | The weird shoes, the–the skinny chicken legs. | 诡异的鞋子 细的跟鸡腿一样的腿 |
[19:41] | What are you guys doing? | 你俩干嘛呢 |
[19:41] | you were right about us. | 你说的很对 |
[19:43] | We are so alike. | 我俩真的很像 |
[19:44] | So we decided to team up and make life hell for the med students. | 所以我们决定一起合作 让医学生都过得生不如死 |
[19:47] | What have I done? | 我都干了什么啊 |
[19:48] | The opportunity to thank a friend… | 还是向朋友表达谢意的机会 |
[19:50] | That’s the good stuff. | 这可是好东西 |
[19:52] | I swiped it from the bar at the country club. | 我从乡间俱乐部的酒吧顺来的 |
[19:55] | You’re welcome, Bob. | 不用谢 Bob |
[19:57] | Or the chance to do something nice for the people in your life | 又或者为你生命中的人们做些好事 |
[20:00] | because you actually do care. | 因为你的确在乎他们 |
[20:02] | Hey. Look, I know we’re gonna studying late, | 嘿 你看 我知道我们会学习到很晚 |
[20:04] | So I bought you nerds dinner | 所以我给你们书呆子带了晚餐 |
[20:06] | Did you rub, graze, touch, dip, | 你有没有 揉 擦 碰 蘸 |
[20:08] | drag or spread your stuff on any part of this? | 拖或撒东西在这里面任何一块 |
[20:10] | Wanted to. | 我想来着 |
[20:12] | Decided not to. | 最后还是算了 |
[20:13] | Cole Cole… | |
[20:16] | I just wanted to do something nice for you guys. | 我只是想为你们做些好事 |
[20:19] | Oh, hey, Dr. Kelso’s driving again. | 看 Kelso医生又能开车了 |
[20:28] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[20:29] | that’s about right. | 这才是他 |
[20:34] | Hey, I wanted to talk to you about skin cancer. | 嘿 我想跟你们说说皮肤癌 |
[20:37] | It’s very serious but easily preventable. | 它很严重 但是也能轻易预防 |
[20:40] | Always wear sunscreen | 永远要抹防晒霜 |
[20:41] | Get a full body checkup annually, | 每年做全身体检 |
[20:44] | And when you go to the beach, stay covered up… | 去沙滩的时候 别暴露太多 |
[20:46] | Unless you’re a hottie, | 除非你是个辣妹 |
[20:47] | In which case you should take it all off and get weird. | 那你就应该脱得光光的 奇怪也没关系 |
[20:50] | We’re trying to make a video about cancer awareness. | 我们拍视频是为了提高大家对癌症的意识好吗 |
[20:52] | Okay, what about hottie awareness? | 那提高辣妹的意识呢 |
[20:54] | Have you been to the beach lately? | 你最近有没有去过海滩 |
[20:56] | It’s all families eatin’ hard-boiled eggs. | 全都是一家人在吃煮鸡蛋 |
[20:58] | Okay, that ain’t right. | 这样是不对的 |
[20:59] | You know what? Just g–hey, go–go press–press “Record.” | 你快去 去按 按录像键 |
[21:01] | I got this. I’ll figure it out. | 我行的 我知道怎么说 |
[21:03] | Hotties, remember this– | 辣妹们 记住了 |
[21:05] | You cannot get skin cancer on your taters. | 你们的大胸是不会得皮肤癌的 |