时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | They say that by the end of your first semester in med school, | 据说 在医学院呆到第一学期期末 |
[00:03] | it’s already obvious what kind of doctor you’ll end up being. | 就已经定下来 你将来会成为什么样的医生 |
[00:06] | – Him. – Who, Trang? | – 他 – 谁 Trang吗 |
[00:07] | – Yep. – Man. | – 没错 – 天啊 |
[00:09] | Small hands, great with the ladies. OBIGYN. | 一双小手 对女人有一套 妇产科 |
[00:12] | No, more like a shopping mall pretzel vendor. Next. | 不对 更像商场卖椒盐脆饼的小贩 下一个 |
[00:15] | Maybe emergency medicine. | 急救科吧 |
[00:19] | – Nope. Pediatrics. – There it is. | – 不对 儿科 – 这就对了 |
[00:23] | – What’s up? – Hello. | – 咋样啊 – 你好 |
[00:24] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:25] | Man, you’re so lucky to have someone like Drew. | 兄弟 你身边有Drew一样的人才 真是幸运啊 |
[00:28] | I wish I could find a stud wanna be surgeon to take under my wing. | 我希望自己也能找到个想在我门下当外科种子选手啊 |
[00:32] | I’ve been making a play for this guy right here, Clint, | 我一直盘算着那个叫Clint的家伙 |
[00:34] | but he’s too cool and aloof. | 但是他太高冷了 |
[00:35] | – See you in class, Dr. Turk. – Not if I see you first! Ha! | – 课堂再见 Turk医生 – 除非我先见着你 哈 |
[00:40] | We gonna kick it. | 咱俩一定无敌了 |
[00:44] | He’s going to think I’m lame. | 他一定觉得我逊爆了 |
[00:46] | You are lame. | 你本来就逊啊 |
[00:48] | All right then, listen up, murderers. | 听好了 杀人犯们 |
[00:50] | As you know, we are approaching the end of the semester. | 你们都知道 学期渐入尾声 |
[00:53] | The Ceremony of Thanks is quickly approaching. | 感恩大会很快就要到了 |
[00:56] | That’s where you publicly thank the friends and families | 你们要在这个仪式上向本学期解剖过的尸体 |
[00:58] | of the cadavers you’ve been dissecting this semester. | 生前的亲友们公开致谢 |
[01:01] | It’s actually a pretty sweet deal for them. | 这对他们来讲还真挺合算的 |
[01:03] | After their loved ones are stripped for parts like a 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage, | 在他们的挚爱像辆1998年的三菱幻影一样被大卸八块之后 |
[01:07] | we treat them to some free cold cuts | 我们用一些冷盘招待他们 |
[01:09] | and a chance to listen to you regurgitate some trite quotes | 并给他们个机会听听你们在网上抄来的 |
[01:12] | about their family members’ sacrifice that you found on the Internet. | 讴歌他们家人所做的牺牲的陈腔滥调 |
[01:16] | Oh! Yeah. Heads up to all you white people out there. | 哦 对了 你们所有这些白人注意了 |
[01:19] | Reciting a Maya Angelou poem in an old black lady’s voice? | 用黑人老太太的声音背诵首Maya Angelou的诗 |
[01:22] | Not cool, okay? | 太不地道了 听见了吧 |
[01:24] | Cole, talking to you. Talking to you. | Cole 说你呢 说你呢 |
[01:28] | What are you cooking? I can smell it from next door. | 你煮什么呢 我在隔壁都闻到了 |
[01:31] | It’s a wild mushroom and shrimp risotto I learned to make | 野蘑菇鲜虾烩饭 |
[01:34] | while working at a hostel in Naples. | 我在那不勒斯的医院工作时学的 |
[01:36] | – Risotto. It’s gay for rice, right? – Yeah. Shrimp’s gay for chicken. | – 烩饭 基佬版的米饭 对吧 – 没错 虾就是基佬版的鸡肉 |
[01:39] | – Hey, should we get married today? – What? | – 嘿 咱俩今天结婚咋样 – 什么 |
[01:44] | We’ve been dating for four months. I mean, it’s pretty good, right? | 咱俩都处了四个月了 我是说 处得还不错 对吧 |
[01:47] | Let’s stop screwing around and just get it over with. Who cares? | 那就别墨迹了 赶紧结了吧 又没人在乎 |
[01:50] | Okay, obviously, your diet of power bars and boxed wine | 好吧 显然你吃的那些能量棒和盒装酒 |
[01:53] | has scrambled your brain. | 把你脑袋都搅乱了 |
[01:55] | We got a great thing going here, you know? Why mess with it? | 咱俩目前挺好的 对吧 为啥要添乱呢 |
[02:00] | Yeah, you’re probably right. It was just an idea. | 是啊 你说得也对 我就是想想 |
[02:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:03] | Let’s make a baby instead. | 不然咱生个娃吧 |
[02:06] | I’m kidding, I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 开玩笑的 |
[02:08] | I’m on my birth control, I think. | 我吃过避孕药了 好像是吧 |
[02:13] | Yeah. | 应该是的 |
[02:17] | How great is this cadaver ceremony going to be? | 这个尸体纪念仪式肯定会很棒的 对吧 |
[02:20] | We have to start planning what we’re going to do for you-know-who. | 咱们得开始计划为”那位”准备点什么了 |
[02:22] | You know he can’t actually hear you. He is a corpse. | 你知道他听不见你的 他死了 |
[02:25] | I am just excited to honor his memory. | 我只是很兴奋我们能纪念他 |
[02:27] | I don’t see what the big deal is. | 我怎么就不觉得有什么大不了的呢 |
[02:29] | People die in third-world countries all the time and no one cares. | 第三世界国家的人分分钟死掉也根本没人在乎 |
[02:32] | Since when did you become so political? | 你从什么时候变得这么关心政治了 |
[02:34] | Since my boy, Trent, went on a surf vacation to El Salvador | 从我兄弟 Trent 去萨尔瓦多冲浪度假回来的时候 |
[02:37] | and got a tattoo infection. | 他的纹身感染了 |
[02:39] | He had to die with a partial mermaid on his shoulder. | 他死时肩上的美人鱼只纹了一半 |
[02:41] | It just looked like a regular stupid lady. Where was his ceremony? | 看起来就像个普通的笨娘们 他的仪式在哪呢 |
[02:44] | Am I the only one that cares about doing something nice for Ben? | 就我一个人想为Ben做点好事吗 |
[02:48] | – Lucy, it’s not that we don’t care. – I actually do not care. | – Lucy 不是我们没心 – 我还真就是不关心 |
[02:51] | It’s just that, with the semester ending, we all have a lot on our plate, | 只是期末渐近 我们都有很多事 |
[02:53] | and the cadaver ceremony didn’t make the top of the list. | 尸体仪式实在排不上号 |
[02:57] | Guys, just do me a favor, okay? | 伙计们 帮帮忙 好吧 |
[02:59] | Come up with one thing that’s important to you about Ben. That’s it. | 就想一件Ben对你来说意义重大的事就行 没别的 |
[03:02] | Could be a poem or a lightly choreographed dance number. | 可以是首小诗 或者简单编一段舞 都可以 |
[03:06] | Don’t be afraid to go modern. I think Ben would appreciate it. | 潮点没关系 Ben会喜欢的 |
[03:10] | Fine. Or you could just bring some pretzels or something. | 算了 你们拿点椒盐脆饼什么的也凑合 |
[03:14] | Well, Cole, everything looks great. | Cole 一切看起来都挺好的 |
[03:16] | Two weeks out, the wound’s healed. | 两个礼拜过去 伤口就痊愈了 |
[03:18] | Test results came back clean. Your cancer’s gone. | 化验结果良好 你的癌症没了 |
[03:21] | It’s so crazy. | 太不可思议了 |
[03:23] | You know, I’ve always known that a surgeon might hook me up | 你知道吗 我总觉得外科医生是 |
[03:25] | with some sweet calf implants or a robot arm. | 给我装个小腿鸡肉或者机器胳膊的人 |
[03:27] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[03:28] | But I never thought one would save my life. | 但是我从没想到能救我的命 |
[03:30] | Not going to lie, surgeons are pretty awesome. | 说实话 当外科医生确实不赖 |
[03:32] | Hey, Dr. T, do you believe in fate? | 嘿 Turk医生 你相信命运吗 |
[03:35] | You know, like the stuff they talk about during the boring parts of Lost? | 你懂的 就像<迷失>里特无聊的那段 他们谈论的那种 |
[03:38] | Well, I was thinking that maybe I got cancer for a reason. | 我在想 也许我得癌症是有原因的 |
[03:41] | Like somebody up there is telling me that I’m supposed to be a surgeon. | 就好像冥冥之中有人在告诉我 我应该当个外科医生 |
[03:45] | Cole, you don’t want to be a surgeon. | Cole 你不会想当外科医生的 |
[03:46] | Now, just a second there, Gandhi. | 先打住 甘地 |
[03:48] | You’ve been looking for a protege and the good Lord answered your prayers. | 你一直想找个门徒 现在上帝应了你的愿 |
[03:52] | Dr. T, I would kill to be your protege. | Turk医生 我死都要做你的门徒 |
[03:54] | You don’t want to be a surgeon, Cole, okay? | 你不会想当外科医生的 Cole 明白吗 |
[03:57] | It’s boring and it sucks. | 又无聊又烦人 |
[03:59] | It’s the complete opposite of a waterslide. | 和水滑梯完全相反 |
[04:01] | Dr. Turk is right. You’d hate it. | Turk医生说的没错 你肯定不会喜欢的 |
[04:03] | All the blood and guts, it’s like an amazing horror movie. | 什么肠子肚子的 鲜血淋淋 简直是场绝妙的恐怖电影 |
[04:08] | I love horror movies. | 我大爱恐怖电影 |
[04:09] | Sure, but you’d have to wear a mask like a ninja. | 好吧 但是你还得戴个忍者似的口罩 |
[04:12] | And who wants to do that? | 谁愿意戴那玩意呢 |
[04:14] | Last Halloween, I was a slutty ninja. | 去年万圣节 我就打扮成浪荡忍者了 |
[04:17] | Oh! This is going to be awesome! | 哦 这下可有的瞧了 |
[04:19] | I’m more sure about wanting to be a surgeon | 我现在再确定不过 自己要当 |
[04:21] | than I’ve ever been about anything, ever. | 外科医生了 再确定不过了 |
[04:23] | Okay, I gotta go update my Facebook status, | 好的 我要去更新我的脸书状态 |
[04:25] | but then I’m going to come back and I’m going to start shadowing you, | 然后我就回来 我就要开始像影子一样地跟着你 |
[04:28] | and I’m never going to leave your side. | 从此寸步不离 |
[04:32] | – You’re happy, aren’t you? – I don’t know about happy, | – 你高兴了吧 是不是 – 高不高兴我不知道 |
[04:35] | but darn it all, I feel alive for the first time, | 但是天哪 我第一次感到活着 |
[04:39] | and that’s nice, so nice. | 真不赖 太不赖了 |
[04:58] | All right, I am so excited to see what we’ve all written about Ben. | 好的 我太兴奋了 来看看咱们都写了哪些Ben的事迹 |
[05:02] | Pass them up. | 都传上来 |
[05:04] | Really? Nothing? | 真的假的 啥也没写 |
[05:07] | Thank you, Drew. | 真谢谢你了 Drew |
[05:11] | This is a receipt for a pair of pants. | 这是一张裤子的收据 |
[05:13] | Yeah. Well, I didn’t want to leave you hanging. | 没错 好吧 我不想看你干晾着 |
[05:15] | And I’m going to need that back. | 但是我得把收据要回来 |
[05:16] | I’m probably going to return those pants. | 我可能得把裤子退了 |
[05:18] | They were skinny jeans and I couldn’t pull them off. | 太紧身了 我穿不出那种范儿来 |
[05:19] | Literally took me, like, an hour to pull them off. | 着实 花了我一小时才脱下来 |
[05:22] | Guys, we’ve gotta come up with something good. | 伙计们 咱们真得拿出点像样的来 |
[05:24] | The other groups are way ahead of us. | 其他的组已经遥遥领先了 |
[05:36] | They think they’re so bad-ass just ’cause Ron had a vestigial tail | 他们觉得自己超厉害 就因为Ron长了条返祖尾 |
[05:39] | and spinal meningitis. | 还得了脊膜炎 |
[05:41] | Ben could have had that tail. He’s just not a show-off like Ron. | Ben也可以长尾巴的 只不过他不像Ron那么爱显摆 |
[05:47] | Cole, you’re all up under me. You need to back up, all right? | Cole 你一直粘着我 你退后点好吗 |
[05:50] | I mean, you smell great, | 我是说 你挺好闻的 |
[05:51] | but I don’t think I should know that about you. | 但是我不需要知道这点 |
[05:53] | Yeah, no, I’m sorry, Dr. T. | 哦 不 我很抱歉 Turk医生 |
[05:55] | It’s just I’m so psyched about this surgery thing. | 只是这个外科医生的事让我太兴奋了 |
[05:58] | I already know what I’m going to call my surgical practice, “Cole Cutz.” | 我都想好自己的外科诊所名了 “剪刀手Cole” |
[06:03] | – With a “Z”? – That’s right. | – 剪刀手 – 没错 |
[06:05] | Man, you gotta knock before you enter Cole’s brain. | 兄弟 你真是我肚里蛔虫啊 |
[06:09] | Okay. Well, why don’t you go upstairs and get me some stuff? | 好吧 那个 你上楼帮我拿点东西怎么样 |
[06:12] | – Yeah, yeah. What kind of stuff? – Everything that’s up there. | – 好的 什么东西 – 有啥拿啥 |
[06:14] | – Done. – All right. | – 没问题 – 好的 |
[06:17] | Dude. | 兄弟 |
[06:18] | Don’t worry about Cole, all right? He never sticks with anything. | 不要担心Cole了 好不好 他从来三分钟热度 |
[06:22] | He said he was going to learn a new bone in the body every day, | 他还说过 每天要认识人体的一块新骨头 |
[06:24] | until he figured out that the penis wasn’t actually one of them and quit. | 直到他发现小弟弟里没有骨头才罢休 |
[06:26] | Hmm. | 恩 |
[06:27] | Just be tough on him. He’ll bail. | 对他狠点 他就会跑走了 |
[06:32] | So, you want to be a surgeon, huh? | 你想当外科医生 是吧 |
[06:35] | Well, then you need to understand that it’s not about glamour or money | 好吧 那你需要了解当外科医生可不是为了增加魅力或者金钱 |
[06:38] | or even making a great mix CD for the OR. | 甚至都不是为了给手术室录盘绝妙的CD |
[06:41] | Surgery is long, tedious and boring. | 手术漫长 乏味 又无聊 |
[06:43] | I get it. Like episodes of Entourage that revolve around Turtle. | 我懂的 就像<明星伙伴>里围绕Turtle那几集一样 |
[06:47] | Sometimes you have to stand totally still | 有时你得静立不动 |
[06:49] | and stay completely lasered in, | 还得保持完全满血状态 |
[06:51] | even if it means just holding this clamp because this clamp right here, | 即使这意味着要一直握着这个夹子 因为这里的这个夹子 |
[06:55] | this clamp could keep someone alive. | 这个夹子能够让某个人活命 |
[06:57] | That’s what you’re going to practice right now. | 你现在就练习这个 |
[07:00] | – You think you can handle it? – I’ll stay here as long as it takes. | – 你觉得你能行吗 – 让我站多久 我就站多久 |
[07:03] | I’ll even cancel my 5:30 at the tanning salon. | 我甚至可以取消在日光浴沙龙五点半的预约 |
[07:06] | Cole, you had skin cancer, like, yesterday. | Cole 你皮肤癌刚好 就昨天的事吧 |
[07:08] | Just hold the damn clamp. | 握好这个破夹子吧 |
[07:13] | What the… | 什么鬼 |
[07:14] | There you are. Can you believe this? | 你来了 你能相信吗 |
[07:17] | Apparently, there was water damage in the wall or something. | 很显然 这是墙体漏水了还是怎么着 |
[07:20] | Yeah, I heard about that. | 是的 我听说了 |
[07:22] | Some guy upstairs cracks his head open in the shower, | 楼上有个伙计洗澡时把头撞开瓢了 |
[07:24] | lies there for four hours, and we gotta pay the price. | 躺那四个小时 咱们却得收拾烂摊子 |
[07:27] | You think they’ll be able to fix it? | 你觉得能修好吗 |
[07:30] | It could be kind of cool, right? | 但是这也挺好的 对吧 |
[07:31] | I mean, instead of my crappy room and your crappy room, | 我是说 没了你的小破屋 和我的小破屋 |
[07:35] | we could have one giant crappy suite. | 咱俩可以坐拥一间大破套房 |
[07:37] | I mean, it’d be kind of like we’re living together, you know? | 我是说 感觉就有点像咱俩同居了一样 你懂吗 |
[07:41] | Yeah. | 懂 |
[07:43] | Yeah, that’s exactly what it’d be like. | 没错 完全就像同居了一样 |
[07:48] | Exactly. Exactly like that. | 完全 完全如此 |
[07:52] | Exactly. | 完全 |
[07:55] | I was really excited | 我真是超兴奋的 |
[07:56] | because I’d done a bunch of research about Ben’s life, | 因为我对Ben的生平做了一系列调查 |
[07:59] | and I couldn’t wait to share it with the group. | 我等不及要和小组成员分享了 |
[08:01] | Cole, did you know Ben was president | Cole 你知道Ben在1973年至1976年间 |
[08:03] | of the Association for Independent Dry Cleaners | 任职大西洋中部区域 |
[08:05] | for the mid-Atlantic region from 1973 to 1976? | 独立干洗店协会的主席吗 |
[08:08] | Woman! Can’t you see I’m in surgery? | 大姐 你看不到我在做手术吗 |
[08:13] | Uh… No. Can other people see that? | 恩 没看到 其他人能看到吗 |
[08:16] | Look, I’m sorry, I don’t have time for this. | 听着 我很抱歉 但是我没时间搭理你 |
[08:18] | Go bother Drew. | 去找Drew吧 |
[08:22] | Okay, now, I know you’re not excited about Ben, | 好的 现在我知道你对Ben并不感冒 |
[08:24] | but would it change things at all | 但是如果我告诉你 他在美特尔海滩 |
[08:25] | if I told you that he had a time-share in Myrtle Beach? | 有个分时度假小屋 你是不是就有改观了呢 |
[08:29] | Wow! So, he got to spend two weeks a year, one of them off-peak, | 哇 这么说 他一年有两周 其中一周还要避开高峰期 |
[08:32] | in South Carolina’s third most popular vacation destination? | 可以呆在南卡罗来纳亚州第三名的旅游胜地度假 |
[08:36] | – Game-changer. – Heads up. | – 真是改观了 – 注意了 |
[08:38] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:40] | So, you’re bringing some of your stuff in. Good. | 看来 你把自己的一些东西搬进来了 真”不错” |
[08:43] | Yeah, I’m just going to keep this on your bed for a while | 是啊 我只是把这个在你床上放段时间 |
[08:46] | since we always sleep in mine anyway. | 既然咱俩总在我床上过夜 |
[08:47] | And until they fix the hole, I figure this area could kind of be like | 这个洞修好之前 我觉得这片区域可以变成 |
[08:49] | a den/hangout/place where we have dirty sex | 咱俩在曲棍球具上啪啪啪的 |
[08:53] | on top of my hockey equipment. | 巢穴啊 闲晃啊 之类的地方 |
[08:54] | Honey, Lucy’s here. | 亲爱的 Lucy来了 |
[08:57] | I’m sorry, I should clarify. The sex is actually pretty vanilla. | 抱歉 我得澄清一下 我俩啪啪啪还是挺小清新 |
[09:00] | It’s the hockey equipment that’s dirty. | 下流肮脏的是曲棍球具 |
[09:03] | God, I am liking this. | 天啊 我真中意这样 |
[09:04] | – Yeah. Yeah, me, too. – I’ll be back in a jiff. | – 没错 没错 我 也是 – 我一会儿就回来 |
[09:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:09] | I don’t like this at all. I like things clean and simple. | 我一点也不喜欢这样 我喜欢事情简单干净 |
[09:13] | Everything I own is in that box. | 我的全部家当都在那个盒子里 |
[09:15] | A hat, some ramen and a car battery? Don’t you have personal things? | 一顶帽子 一点拉面 一个汽车电池 你都没有私人物品吗 |
[09:19] | Had that car battery a long time. | 那个汽车电池跟我很久了 |
[09:25] | Cole, I totally forgot about you. Have you been standing here all day? | Cole 我都把你忘脑后了 你一整天都在这儿站着吗 |
[09:30] | I don’t know. I can’t read old-people clocks. | 我也不知道 我不认识老头钟 |
[09:33] | And you haven’t moved once, not even to pee? | 你一动都没动过吗 都没去小号吗 |
[09:36] | No. I learned a trick at keggers when there’s a long line at the bathroom. | 没有 啤酒聚会厕所排长队时 我学会了个小技巧 |
[09:39] | Let a little out, let it dry. Little out, let it dry. | 滴几滴 晾晾干 滴几滴 晾晾干 |
[09:43] | Didn’t I say that he has what it takes to be a surgeon? | 我早就说过他是外科医生这块料吧 |
[09:47] | Beyond the blind sense of entitlement and complete lack of human empathy, | 除了盲目地追求头衔 以及完全没有同情心 |
[09:51] | there’s the empty-headed concentration, | 他还有大脑空空的专注力 |
[09:53] | the unjustifiable arrogance and the sheer willingness | 无理的傲慢 以及甘愿 |
[09:57] | to stand in one place and wet yourself like a zoo elephant. | 像动物园里的大象一样站在一个地方把自己尿湿 |
[10:03] | That’s awe-inspiring stuff. | 太他娘的励志了 |
[10:05] | Thank you, Dr. C. I proved myself, right? | 谢谢你啊 C医生 我证明了自己 对吧 |
[10:08] | – So, let’s go open a brother up. – First of all, why it gotta be a brother? | – 那么 咱去拿个兄弟开刀吧 走起 – 首先 为啥非得是兄弟 |
[10:13] | And second of all, a surgeon has to have a delicate touch and steady hand. | 第二 外科医生必须手法轻柔 双手稳准 |
[10:18] | Now, I want you to take these tweezers | 现在 我要你用这个镊子 |
[10:20] | and remove the fortune from this cookie without breaking it. | 把幸运饼干里的字条取出来 不能把饼干弄破 |
[10:23] | I can do that. Check out these brows. | 这个可以有 看到我的眉毛没有 |
[10:26] | I know my way around a pair of tweezies. | 我可是用镊子好手 |
[10:31] | Is it bright? Is it bright? Is it too bright? | 亮吧 够亮吧 不会太亮了吧 |
[10:35] | Lots of distractions in surgery. Blood everywhere. | 手术中很容易分心 到处都是血 |
[10:40] | And out of nowhere, there could come a noise | 完全没有预兆 可能突然 冒出一声吼 |
[10:42] | to just break your concentration. | 分散了你的注意力 |
[10:50] | A drum line in the OR? What? | 手术室里敲鼓 真的假的 |
[10:59] | – Done. – Hmm? | – 完活 – 嗯 |
[11:01] | Somebody snare me. | 给我来个鼓点 |
[11:07] | I want you to imagine these bears were in a horrible accident, | 我要你想象这俩熊经历了一场严重的事故 |
[11:10] | like a bus crash. | 比如车祸 |
[11:12] | And before you ask, no, I don’t know why the bears were on a bus. | 在你提问之前 不 我不知道熊为啥上了公交车 |
[11:15] | Maybe they’re super-smart government bears on their way to fight terrorism. | 也许他们是超级聪明的政府特工熊 正要去抗击恐怖主义 |
[11:19] | Anyway, all you need to do is sew one of these bad boys up before me, | 不管怎样 你要做的就是在我之前把其中一只缝补好 |
[11:23] | and I’ll know you have the skills to be a surgeon. | 我就知道你有没有当外科医生的技术了 |
[11:26] | – Are we clear? – As a vodka-tonic. | – 明白吗 – 一清二楚 明明白白 |
[11:31] | I’m really disappointed in you guys. | 我真为你们感到失望 |
[11:34] | All you had to do was write one measly, little line about Ben, | 你们只需为了Ben写那么一丢丢 几个字 |
[11:37] | and you couldn’t handle that. What are we going to do about this? | 你们却做不到 咱们要咋办吧 |
[11:40] | We’re not going to do anything. We gotta bounce. | 什么也不办 我们要撤了 |
[11:42] | – Maya’s treating me to dinner. – Yeah. | – Maya要请我吃晚餐 – 没错 |
[11:44] | – It’s Vietnamese Valentine’s Day. – It’s not real. | – 今天是越南情人节 – 不是真的 |
[11:48] | Yeah, I gotta go, too. | 我也得走了 |
[11:49] | I gotta figure out what I’m going to do about the giant hole in my wall. | 我得想想要怎么处理墙上的那个大洞 |
[11:53] | Sadly, that’s not a metaphor. | 可悲的是 居然不是隐喻 |
[11:55] | Stop! You guys, we’ve only been here one semester | 别走 大伙儿 咱们才呆了一学期 |
[11:58] | and we’re already becoming jaded. | 就已经如此老油条了 |
[12:01] | Before Ben was our homework, he was a real human being with a job | Ben在成为咱们的作业前 可是个有工作 |
[12:05] | and a wife and a son, Eric, who’s going to be here tomorrow. | 有妻儿的大活人 他儿子Eric明天就来了 |
[12:10] | Fine. I’ll do it myself. | 算了 我自己也行 |
[12:14] | Saying how you feel can be tricky. | 说出自己的感觉是很微妙的 |
[12:17] | Some people will do anything to hide their true emotions… | 有些人会想方设法掩盖自己的情感 |
[12:20] | What’s the big surprise? | 什么大惊喜啊 |
[12:24] | Oh. | 哦 |
[12:25] | – A curtain. – Yeah. | – 帘子 – 没错 |
[12:27] | I put this in so we can maintain our separate zones. | 我挂个帘子 咱俩就能保持独立空间了 |
[12:32] | What if I want to come see my stuff? | 如果我想过来看看我的东西呢 |
[12:33] | That’s the best part. It’s all back in your closet. | 高潮就在此 你的东西都放回你的柜子了 |
[12:38] | So, cool. We’re good. What do you want to do tonight? | 那么 挺好的 咱俩不错 你今晚想干点啥 |
[12:43] | Want to get married? Ha-ha. | 想结婚吗 哈哈 |
[12:45] | Remember that? | 记得不 |
[12:48] | …while others have no problem telling you exactly what’s on their mind. | 而其他的人则想啥说啥 完全没有障碍 |
[12:53] | – Done! – I’m not even close. | – 完事了 – 我还差得远呢 |
[12:56] | Man, that bear’s in bad shape. That’s sad, Cole. | 天啊 这个熊看起来糟透了 太可悲了 Cole |
[13:01] | Looks like being a surgeon is just not for you. | 看来你是当不了外科医生了 |
[13:07] | And sometimes you’re so excited to tell someone your feelings… | 而有时能对别人说出自己的感受 让你非常兴奋 |
[13:12] | Excuse me. Are you Ben Coleman’s son? | 不要意思 你是Ben Coleman的儿子吗 |
[13:15] | – Yeah. – Hi, I’m Lucy Bennett. | – 没错 – 嗨 我是Lucy Bennett |
[13:18] | We worked with your father in our anatomy class. | 我们在解剖课上和你父亲合作 |
[13:21] | And I’m sort of in charge of our group’s tribute to him. | 我们组由我来负责悼念他的 |
[13:24] | And I just wanted to know if there’s anything you wanted us to include. | 我就想知道还有哪些方面 你需要我们特别涵盖的 |
[13:27] | …that you never consider they might not feel the same way. | 而你却从没想过也许 他们的感受却和你不同 |
[13:31] | Well, how about that he was a miserable, horrible dad, | 不如加上这句 他是个愁眉苦脸糟糕透顶的父亲 |
[13:33] | who pretty much ruined my childhood, | 几乎毁了我的童年 |
[13:35] | and I’m only here to see him put in the ground? | 我来这的唯一目的就看他入土 |
[13:39] | I guess I could work that in. | 我猜 我能把这句加进去 |
[13:43] | Over the next 20 minutes, | 接下来的二十分钟里 |
[13:44] | Eric regaled me with horrible stories about Ben. | Eric向我吐槽了许多有关Ben的糟糕往事 |
[13:47] | He was never around when I was a kid. | 我小时候 他从来找不到人 |
[13:49] | He cheated on my mom. | 他背叛了我的妈妈 |
[13:52] | He didn’t call me for 20 years. | 他二十年来没和我联系 |
[13:54] | Okay, but you gotta admit he was an excellent bowler. | 好吧 但是你得承认他保龄球打得特好 |
[13:58] | I found a photo from when he rolled that perfect game on June 16, 1976. | 我找到张他完胜1976年6月16日比赛的相片 |
[14:03] | So, that’s where he was on my seventh birthday. | 原来我七岁生日那天他去打保龄球了 |
[14:07] | Balls. | 糟了个糕 |
[14:09] | Dr. Cox, I don’t know what I’m gonna do about this ceremony. I had this whole… | Cox医生 我不知道要怎么处理这个仪式 我本来 |
[14:14] | No sitting. | 别坐下 |
[14:15] | Can’t you see I’m reading a very important chart here? | 你没看到我正在读很重要的图表吗 |
[14:19] | A British tabloid? | 英国小报吗 |
[14:21] | This chart functions as my shield | 这个图表像个盾牌一样 |
[14:24] | to protect me from those who would annoy me. | 阻拦哪些前来烦我的人 |
[14:27] | – Hey, Dr. C. – Shield on. | – 嘿 C医生 – 盾牌起 |
[14:30] | See what you’ve done? | 看你干的好事 |
[14:31] | You have destroyed the shield-like power of my chart. | 你破坏了我图表的盾牌效力 |
[14:35] | I guess starting tomorrow I’ll be shadowing you again. | 我猜明天开始 我又得像影子一样的跟着你了 |
[14:39] | I decided that surgery’s not really my thing. | 我觉得自己不适合当外科医生 |
[14:42] | No, no. You are supposed to be with Dr. Turk. | 不 不 你应该跟着Turk医生的 |
[14:46] | Where is Dr. Turk? | Turk医生人呢 |
[14:49] | Gandhu, step away from the pizza pastry, would you, please? | Gandhu 请放下手里的比萨卷 好不啦 |
[14:52] | Yeah, but the chemicals taste better when it’s hot, so… | 好的 但是趁热吃才好吃 所以 |
[14:55] | Fair enough. I’ve come to clear up a point of confusion. | 好吧 我来是要解除一点疑虑的 |
[14:59] | This is what a protege should look like. | 这个才是门徒应该有的样子 |
[15:02] | It is an empty vessel that I’m filling with knowledge. | 像个空容器 让我填满知识 |
[15:05] | I also get to hold stuff. | 我也负责拿东西 |
[15:07] | Cole didn’t have what it takes, all right? We surgeons are an elite crew. | Cole不是这块料 好不好 我们外科医生可都是精英 |
[15:10] | Really? Say, Todd, do me a favor. | 真的吗 Todd 帮我个忙 |
[15:11] | Would you tell me what that wonderful new invention is | 你能告诉我你最近忙活的了不起的 |
[15:13] | you’ve been working on? | 新发明是什么吗 |
[15:14] | It’s a series of erotic novelty wines. | 一系列独创色情红酒 |
[15:17] | Chardonn-gay, Sauvignon Donk, Teeny-Weeny Peni Grigio. | 霞多”基” 赤霞”蛋” “小弟弟”皮诺 |
[15:21] | Patent-pending five. Drink up, boys. | 专利击掌 干了 伙计们 |
[15:24] | Yes, indeedy, sweetie. | 确实没错 甜心 |
[15:26] | You surgeons truly are the chosen ones. | 你们外科医生真是天之骄子 |
[15:29] | Come on, he wasn’t even serious about it. I bet he’s already moved on. | 拜托 他都不是认真的 我打赌他肯定忘了这码事了 |
[15:32] | Actually, he hasn’t. He’s still practicing. | 事实上 没有 他还在继续练习 |
[15:41] | I know I can fix it. | 我能缝好的 |
[15:44] | And the worst part is I had to stay in that room for 17 horse funerals. | 最糟糕的是 我得在那个屋里参加十七场马葬礼 |
[15:49] | Okay, so young Cole may not be an ideal protege. | 好吧 就算小Cole同志不是个理想的门徒 |
[15:54] | He may not even be an ideal human. | 他甚至不是个理想的人类 |
[15:56] | Nevertheless, you don’t get to pick who needs you as a mentor. | 但是你不能选择 谁需要你做他的导师 |
[16:00] | Do you realize, for the last eight years, | 你意识到了吗 八年来 |
[16:02] | I’ve been saddled with a whiny, clingy lady-man | 我都招架着一个爱哭 粘人的伪娘 |
[16:06] | whose very life force was dependent on hugs? | 没有拥抱就活不下去 |
[16:09] | And now, of course, I have young Drew. | 当然现在 我有了小Drew同志 |
[16:12] | And although he may be filled with a bubbling rage | 尽管他可能满腹翻滚的怒火 |
[16:15] | that I fear cannot be contained very much longer, | 恐怕也压抑不了太久了 |
[16:17] | at least he doesn’t need me to hold his hand | 但是至少 他倾诉爱语以及内心的真实感受时 |
[16:21] | when he speaks of love and his true feelings. | 不需要我握着他的手 |
[16:23] | The point is we don’t always get to choose | 重点是 我们不总能选择 |
[16:25] | who deserves and who wants our help. That’s it. | 谁值得 谁需要我们的帮助 就是这样 |
[16:29] | Why you gotta always ruin pastry time? | 你为啥总来破坏卷饼时光 |
[16:33] | Perfectly good pastry. | 完美的卷饼 |
[16:41] | – Dr. Cox, can I ask you something? – Yes. | – Cox医生 我能问你点事吗 – 好的 |
[16:43] | When you’re in love, how do you set aside your fears | 当你坠入爱河的时候 你是怎么摒除恐惧 |
[16:47] | so that you can just dive in and follow your heart? | 一头扎进去 遵从自己的心的呢 |
[16:51] | Oh, dear God, Drew, not you. | 哦 上帝啊 Drew 你咋也这样了 |
[16:54] | It’s happening again. It’s happening again. | 悲剧重演 悲剧重演 |
[17:02] | Ben, I am very upset with you. You tricked me. | Ben 我很生你的气 你骗了我 |
[17:07] | All old and cute on the outside and horrible and cruel on the inside. | 外表衰老可爱 内心可怕残忍 |
[17:13] | I was planning an amazing tribute for you, | 我本打算好好悼念悼念你 |
[17:16] | stories and poems and a dozen purple balloons | 各种故事啊 小诗啊 还有一串象征着葡萄的 |
[17:19] | to signify a cluster of grapes. | 紫色气球 |
[17:22] | Well, now I’m going to pop them | 好吧 现在我要把它们弄破 |
[17:24] | so they look like raisins, nature’s saddest fruit, all shriveled and dry. | 好看起来像葡萄干 大自然中最可悲的水果一样 又干又瘪 |
[17:29] | Hey. Stop being weird. | 嘿 别那么奇葩了 |
[17:32] | I’m trying to eat my sandwich around some corpses. | 我正在尸体边上吃三明治呢 |
[17:35] | – Why are you eating lunch in here? – Why are you yelling at a dead guy? | – 你为啥在这吃午餐啊 – 你为啥朝着一个死人大喊大叫 |
[17:38] | See, we all got a lot of questions. | 看吧 咱俩都是问题一大堆 |
[17:40] | I’m yelling at Ben because I made this really beautiful tribute for him, | 我朝Ben喊 是因为我为他准备超美的悼念仪式 |
[17:44] | and it turns out he was a jerk. | 结果他却是个混蛋 |
[17:46] | – So? Did he have all his parts? – Yeah. | – 那又怎样 他尸身健全吗 – 健全 |
[17:49] | Were you able to slice through his tendons, | 你们能切开他的肌腱 |
[17:51] | sift through his lower intestines and study the anatomy | 通过他的下肠做皮肤完整性功能实验并研究 |
[17:53] | – of his right hepatic flexure? – Yes. | – 右肝脏的解剖吗 – 能 |
[17:56] | Then he was exactly who he was supposed to be. | 那他就完成任务了 |
[17:58] | Who cares if he was a jerk in real life? | 谁在乎他生前是不是混蛋 |
[18:01] | You have to learn to adjust | 你得学会在现实 |
[18:02] | when your expectations don’t match the reality, | 与希望不符时 调节自己 |
[18:05] | whether it’s about the present state of a relationship… | 不论是你目前的感情状态 |
[18:10] | – What are you doing? – I’m taking down the curtain. | – 你在干什么 – 我要把帘子拿下来 |
[18:14] | Sorry I was such a jerk. | 抱歉我那么混球 |
[18:15] | It’s just sometimes the tiniest changes terrify me, | 只是有时 最小的变动也能吓着我 |
[18:18] | and I just need a little time to process things, | 我只是需要点时间消化一下 |
[18:21] | but eventually I come around. | 但是最后 我会明白过来的 |
[18:26] | Is this a sledgehammer? | 这个是锤子吗 |
[18:30] | Is what a sledgehammer? | 什么是锤子 |
[18:34] | This sledgehammer. | 这个锤子 |
[18:39] | You’re the one who put the hole in the wall. | 是你在墙上凿洞的 |
[18:42] | I may have. | 可能是我凿的 |
[18:44] | Look, I mean, room and board is expensive. | 听着 我是说 房间和板子都挺贵的 |
[18:47] | I think that we should live together next year. | 我觉得明年咱俩应该搬到一起住 |
[18:51] | So, this was my way of easing you into it, you know, | 这只是我让你慢慢接受的方法 你懂的 |
[18:54] | getting you comfortable with the idea. | 让你接受这个想法 |
[18:57] | I’m curious to see whether it worked. | 我想知道是否有用 |
[19:01] | – This is where you say… – I’m in love with a sociopath? | – 这时你就该说 – 我爱上了反社会者 |
[19:06] | Wrong. Yes or no. | 错 搬或者不搬 |
[19:08] | I mean, it’s your life. Sort of. | 我是说 这是你的人生 算是吧 |
[19:16] | Yes. | 搬 |
[19:20] | …or your expectations about a person’s future. | 还是你对某人未来的期许 |
[19:24] | Hey, Cole, you got a sec? | 嘿 Cole 你有时间吗 |
[19:26] | Listen, I’ve been thinking about it and, amazingly enough, | 听着 我一直在考虑 挺神奇的 |
[19:29] | the same things that make you a complete douche | 那些让你成为一个十足混球的特质 |
[19:31] | also give you the potential to be a good surgeon. | 也给了你成为优秀外科医生的潜质 |
[19:34] | So, it’d be an honor to teach you, | 所以 能教你 我很荣幸 |
[19:38] | if that’s something you really want. | 如果你真的很想要的话 |
[19:42] | It might be the first thing I’ve ever really wanted. | 这也许是我第一回真的想做一件事 |
[19:45] | Don’t get all mushy, all right? | 别这么煽情 行不行 |
[19:49] | Or even your expectations about somebody’s past. | 甚至是你对某人过去的期望 |
[19:52] | I met Ben on my first day of med school | 来医学院的第一天 我遇见了Ben |
[19:55] | at a moment when I wasn’t really sure if I would make it. | 那时我还不确定自己是否真的能挺过来 |
[19:58] | But the truth is, I didn’t really know Ben. | 但事实是 我并不了解Ben |
[20:02] | In life, I’m sure he had his faults, but in death, he did great things. | 生前 我相信他犯过错误 但是死后 他做了好事 |
[20:08] | He brought us together and helped us realize | 他把我聚到一起 帮我们意识到 |
[20:11] | that we couldn’t do it all on our own. | 我们不能独木成林 |
[20:14] | He gave us the confidence to believe in ourselves. | 他给了我们自信 |
[20:19] | And he gave his body so that we could become doctors. | 他贡献了自己的肉身 好让我们能够成为医生 |
[20:23] | And for that, we thank him. | 为此 我们感谢他 |
[20:36] | Oh! Come on! | 哦 拜托 |
[20:43] | Hey, Clint. So, what you got planned this weekend? | 嘿 Cliint 周末有什么安排 |
[20:46] | – Just going to see the Eels. – Really? | – 去看Eels – 真的吗 |
[20:48] | You’re a member of the aquarium, too? Those annual fees are so worth it. | 你也是水族馆的会员 年费真是花的太值了 |
[20:52] | My daughters and I, we love the sea turtles. | 我女儿和我超爱海龟的 |
[20:54] | They’re slow in the body, but fast in the mind, right? | 他们肢体慢 脑子却快 对吧 |
[20:57] | Lightning fast! | 像闪电一样快 |
[20:58] | Yeah, I was actually talking about the band, the Eels. | 呃 其实我说的是那个Eels乐队 |
[21:02] | Oh! | 哦 |
[21:03] | Rock music! | 摇滚乐 |
[21:06] | Rock… What am I doing? | 摇滚 我干嘛的这是 |