时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | I’m Lieutenant Commander Williams, | 我是威廉姆斯少校 |
[00:06] | the JAG assigned to your defense | 军法长指定给你的辩护人 |
[00:07] | Master Chief Hayes is accused of voluntary manslaughter | 杰森·海斯总士官长被指控过失杀人罪 |
[00:10] | for shooting Yazeed Nafal, | 射杀了一名手无寸铁的约旦平民 |
[00:11] | an unarmed Jordanian civilian | 亚泽德·纳法 |
[00:13] | Exhibit 3, cell phone footage of the shooting. | 三号物证 枪击时的手机录像 |
[00:17] | Command has issued a no-contact order. | 指挥部下令禁止接触 |
[00:19] | You are to stay away from each other and from Jason. | 禁止你们之间接触 也禁止接触杰森 |
[00:20] | My detailer called, said that I should hear back | 我的助手打电话来了 他说我下个月 |
[00:22] | about that Echo job by next month. | 会收到E队工作的回信 |
[00:25] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[00:26] | She deserves a response. | 那也应该给她一个回复 |
[00:28] | What do you need a lawyer for? | 你要律师做什么 |
[00:29] | The I-investigation involves classified information. | 调查涉及机密信息 |
[00:31] | Why are you holding out on me? | 你为什么瞒我 |
[00:32] | What happened to Sonny wasn’t on you. | 桑尼受伤不是你的错 |
[00:34] | Everything falls on Bravo 1. | 都是B1的责任 |
[00:36] | Trial counsel found out that, uh, | 出庭律师发现 |
[00:37] | Raqqa Jacques was Ray’s torturer. | 是拉卡·雅克严刑拷打了雷 |
[00:39] | They think I shot an unarmed man out of revenge. | 他们认为我枪杀没有武器的人是出于报复 |
[00:41] | They upped the charges to murder. | 他们要控告我谋杀 |
[00:46] | Chief Warrant Officer Ray Perry has already testified | 一级准尉雷·佩里已经证实 |
[00:48] | that when you found out about Raqqa Jacques, | 当你知道拉卡·雅克身份后 |
[00:50] | you were determined to get revenge on his behalf. | 就下定决心要替雷报仇 |
[00:52] | That’s not accurate. | 这不准确 |
[00:53] | So much so that you charged into that building | 所以你冲进了那栋楼 |
[00:55] | loaded for bear and shot the first man you saw. | 装弹上膛 一看见人就开了枪 |
[00:57] | Look, it was a routine op. | 那只是常规任务 |
[00:58] | So it’s routine for you to murder unarmed civilians on operations? | 所以开枪杀害平民是你的常规做法吗 |
[01:00] | I didn’t murder anybody. | 我没杀害任何人 |
[01:02] | This is what they do. | 这就是他们惯用的手段 |
[01:04] | Push your buttons to make you look volatile. | 想尽办法想让你看起来情绪不稳定 |
[01:05] | All right, look, can we just run it again until I get it right? | 咱们能不能再过一遍 让我理顺 |
[01:07] | Keep running it. | 再来 |
[01:08] | There’s a reason most defendants don’t take the stand. | 大多数被告不为自己作证是有原因的 |
[01:10] | Well, I’m gonna look more guilty if I don’t say anything, | 我若不表态 看起来会更可疑 |
[01:12] | so I got to say something. | 所以我得说点什么 |
[01:13] | The judge will instruct the panel that not testifying | 法官会告诉陪审团 |
[01:15] | is not an admission of guilt. | 不作证不等于承认有罪 |
[01:17] | I’d recommend the same to any client facing a murder charge. | 我建议任何面临谋杀指控的委托人都这么做 |
[01:34] | After Lindell comes Bravo. | 林戴尔之后是B队 |
[01:36] | Uh, Spenser, Quinn, Sawyer, Reynolds, Carter, | 斯宾塞 奎恩 索耶 雷诺兹 卡特 |
[01:39] | will all take the stand. | 都将出庭作证 |
[01:40] | What about Ray? | 那雷呢 |
[01:42] | He’ll testify, but he’s taken an immunity deal. | 他也会作证 但他有豁免协议 |
[01:44] | Immunity from what? | 豁免什么 |
[01:46] | Dad’s other teammates didn’t take any deals. | 爸爸的其他队友都没接受任何协议 |
[01:47] | Since Chief Warrant Officer Perry was the OIC | 由于佩里准尉是这次行动中的总负责人 |
[01:50] | during the op in question, the UCMJ | 从技术上来讲 不论审判结果是什么 |
[01:52] | could technically charge him– regardless of the outcome of the trial | 军法都可以根据第92条 |
[01:56] | with Article 92, failure to obey a lawful regulation. | 指控他违反规定 |
[01:58] | I’m sure the prosecution presented him with immunity, uh, | 我敢肯定控方给了他豁免权 |
[02:02] | in exchange for him being on their witness list. | 是想让他出现在他们的证人列表上 |
[02:03] | Well, if he’s working with the prosecution | 如果他和控方合作 |
[02:04] | that means he’s gonna have to testify against me. | 那就意味着他会指证我 |
[02:07] | – That’s it. – I don’t know. | -结束 -我不知道 |
[02:08] | I read his deposition after it was unsealed. | 他的证词公开后我看了 |
[02:11] | His answers are deliberately vague. | 他故意回答得很含糊 |
[02:12] | He was walking a semantic tightrope. | 他在措辞上非常谨慎 |
[02:14] | But he’ll be forced to take | 但他在法庭上 |
[02:15] | a strong position in court, won’t he? | 会被迫明确表态 不是吗 |
[02:17] | They’ll want to use your father’s friendship | 他们会利用你父亲的友情 |
[02:18] | to push the revenge angle, | 把事情扯到复仇的角度 |
[02:20] | dramatize Chief Warrant Officer Perry’s captivity | 戏剧性地描述佩里准尉被囚的经历 |
[02:23] | and say that his torture was your father’s motive | 然后说他经受的折磨 |
[02:25] | to kill an unarmed man. | 就是你父亲杀死平民的理由 |
[02:26] | I think you should go get some sodas for us. | 你还是去给咱们买点苏打水吧 |
[02:28] | – Dad, I can handle this. – No, I think that you should go. | -爸 我能承受 -不 我认为你应该离开 |
[02:30] | I can do this. | 我可以 |
[02:30] | Luckily, this won’t be tried in the court of public opinion, | 幸运的是 这件事不会接受公众舆论的审判 |
[02:33] | so you and your family won’t get dragged through the mud. | 所以你和你的家人不会受到影响 |
[02:35] | The U.S. may be scapegoating you, | 美国可能想让你当替罪羊 |
[02:36] | but no one wants this situation to get out. | 但没人希望这种事被泄露出去 |
[02:39] | Total media blackout. | 不会有媒体介入 |
[02:40] | Oh, that’s too bad. I was really hoping | 真是可惜 我还希望能 |
[02:41] | to launch my T-shirt line on 60 Minutes. | 在《60分钟》上推出我的T恤系列 |
[02:43] | No gallery, no teammates. | 没有旁听席 没有队友 |
[02:44] | No family. Not until the verdict is announced. | 没有家人 直到宣布裁决结果 |
[02:47] | Sorry, Emma. | 对不起 艾玛 |
[02:48] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[02:49] | The good news is you have a lot of support. | 好消息是你有很多支持者 |
[02:51] | Unparalleled success with high-profile missions. | 高价值目标任务取得完美成功 |
[02:53] | An otherwise peerless record. | 还有无与伦比的任务记录 |
[02:55] | That’s now been trashed. | 现在已经被毁了 |
[02:57] | I’ve gathered over a dozen references from past teammates. | 我从以前的队友身上收集了很多参考资料 |
[03:07] | Great work. | 干得漂亮 |
[03:08] | – Thanks. – Having a “Good sailor” Book | -谢谢 -描述咆哮人物形象的 |
[03:10] | full of rave character reviews are just the thing we’ll need | 《优秀海军册》正好能让我们在裁决时 |
[03:12] | for leniency with the panel in case of sentencing. | 请求陪审团在判决时给予宽大处理 |
[03:14] | Sentencing? | 判决 |
[03:16] | Bad enough that the Navy thinks I’m guilty. | 海军认为我有罪 已经够糟的了 |
[03:18] | Now I have the two of you convicting me. | 现在你们两个还认为我有罪 |
[03:33] | I don’t know how this is all going to fit. | 我不知这些该怎么摆放 |
[03:35] | I can’t believe I accumulated so much stuff. | 真不敢相信我居然囤了这么多东西 |
[03:39] | Well, I can’t believe that I asked a hoarder to move in with me. | 我真不敢相信我让一个囤物癖搬来一起住 |
[03:42] | Forgive me for being sentimental, | 原谅我太多愁善感 |
[03:45] | but you know, you never know | 但你永远也不会知道 |
[03:46] | what you’re gonna fall in love with again. Right? | 你会和什么人重坠爱河 对吧 |
[03:49] | Did you just compare me to this… | 你是在把我和这个可怕的瓦尔登湖 |
[03:51] | this crusty Walden Pond souvenir? | 纪念品作比较吗 |
[03:52] | Okay, perhaps I need to declutter. | 好吧 我可能是该清理一下了 |
[03:54] | I think that’s a good idea. | 我看这主意不错 |
[03:56] | You should, uh, you should probably cast away | 可能你应该在遇见我之前 |
[03:58] | all remnants of life before you met me. | 清理掉所有的生活碎片 |
[04:00] | Same to you. | 你也一样 |
[04:02] | Actually, you know what? Maybe we should, um, | 其实 也许我们应该把东西都 |
[04:04] | give all of our stuff the Marie Kondo treatment. | 交给近藤麻理惠的整理魔法 |
[04:07] | That sounds like a martial art. | 听着像种武术似的 |
[04:08] | No, it’s when you’re, uh, supposed to hold something | 不 是说当你拿起来某样东西 |
[04:11] | and see if it “Sparks joy,” | 看它是否会让你有心动的感觉 |
[04:13] | and if it doesn’t spark joy, then you throw it out. | 如果不会心动 就扔掉它 |
[04:18] | I think this sparks joy. | 我觉得这倒是挺让我心动的 |
[04:19] | Mm? Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Little bit. | 有一点点心动 |
[04:28] | It’s Jace. | 是老杰 |
[04:32] | Hey, brother, what’s up? | 什么事 老兄 |
[04:35] | No. | 没有 |
[04:37] | No, I haven’t heard from him. | 我没跟他联系过 |
[04:40] | Yeah, let me… | 好的 我来… |
[04:42] | I’ll see where his head’s at. | 我去打听下他的想法 |
[04:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:48] | That sounded ominous. | 听起来不大好 |
[04:51] | Jason’s worried about what Ray’s gonna say in court. | 杰森担心雷在法庭上会怎么讲 |
[04:53] | And Jason can’t contact Ray directly, so… | 可杰森又不能直接联系雷 所以… |
[04:56] | Look, I… | 听着 我… |
[04:58] | I know that, I know that we said | 我知道 我们是说过 |
[04:59] | we would spend today together. | 今天要一直在一起 |
[05:00] | It’s okay. Do what you need to do. | 没关系 你该干什么就干什么 |
[05:02] | I have… A little bit to keep me busy. | 我这还有一点点要忙 |
[05:05] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[05:06] | Just a little bit. | 一点点 |
[05:08] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:10] | – I’ll be back soon, okay? – Okay. | -我尽快回来 -好的 |
[05:17] | We need to go back to your JAG’s office. | 我们得回你军法长的办公室去 |
[05:20] | You can’t run from this. | 你逃避不了的 |
[05:21] | – You think I’m guilty? – What? | -你认为我有罪 -什么 |
[05:23] | I mean, do you think I’m guilty? | 我是说你认为我有罪吗 |
[05:24] | The way the prosecution is spinning this right now, I-I… | 现在控方这样讲这件事 |
[05:28] | completely get why my own daughter | 我完全能理解为什么我亲女儿 |
[05:30] | would think that I’m guilty. | 认为我是有罪的 |
[05:31] | I know you like to do things the right way. | 我知道你想把事情做好 |
[05:33] | That’s why I came down here to help you. | 所以我才来这里帮你 |
[05:35] | And that’s why you need to prepare. Prepare. | 所以因此你需要做好准备 |
[05:37] | Prepare for what, my whole career to be flushed down the toilet? | 准备什么 我的全部事业付之一炬吗 |
[05:39] | I can’t even speak in my own defense here. | 我甚至都不能为自己辩护 |
[05:40] | Well, Lieutenant Commander Williams said that’s normal. | 威廉姆斯少校说这很正常 |
[05:42] | Normal?Like your best friend stabbing you in the back? That’s normal? | 正常 你最好朋友背后捅你刀子叫正常 |
[05:45] | You don’t know what’s going on with him, | 你不知道他那边的情况 |
[05:46] | but he wouldn’t do that. He wouldn’t do that. | 但他不会的 他不会的 |
[05:48] | Uncle Ray’s family. | 雷叔叔是家人 |
[05:49] | You know, I hope you’re right. | 但愿你是对的 |
[05:51] | ‘Cause never did I think the Navy | 因为我也从来没有觉得海军会陷害我 |
[05:52] | would be railroading me, either, but here I am. | 但现如今呢 |
[06:11] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[06:12] | Just want to see how you’re holding up. | 就来看看你怎么样 |
[06:15] | I’m fine. What makes you think I need checking up on? | 我很好 你怎么会觉得我需要人来看望 |
[06:18] | Well, maybe ’cause your best friend’s on trial for his life? | 可能是因为你最好的朋友正要上法庭 |
[06:20] | Or maybe because, as OIC on the op, | 也可能是因为 作为行动的总负责人 |
[06:22] | if Jason goes down, you could be at risk. | 要是杰森出了事 你也危险了 |
[06:23] | In this job, we’re always in the crosshairs. I got it handled. | 干这份工作就总是被人当靶子 我能搞定 |
[06:26] | You got it handled as in… as in lawyering up and getting immunity? | 你能搞定是说通过律师获得豁免权 |
[06:30] | Look, team knows you didn’t do anything out of bounds. | 队员都知道你没有做任何越界的事 |
[06:32] | Okay? Neither did Jason. | 杰森也没有 |
[06:35] | Just want to know what’s going on with you, man. | 我只想知道你是怎么想的 |
[06:40] | What part of “No-contact order” Don’t you understand, Clay? | 你是不明白”禁止接触”的命令吗 克莱 |
[06:44] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:54] | Sonny Quinn, what are you doing? | 桑尼·奎恩 你在做什么 |
[06:57] | Oh, uh, just taking a break. | 就是歇一会儿 |
[07:00] | You know, I’ve defused bombs | 我拆过炸弹 |
[07:02] | that are a lot less complicated than this crib. | 比这个婴儿床可简单多了 |
[07:06] | Well, it’s a good thing | 好消息是你还有 |
[07:06] | you have ten more weeks to put it together. | 十多周的时间来组装 |
[07:08] | Yeah, well, it, uh, | 是啊 |
[07:09] | it might actually take me that long. | 可能的确要花这么久 |
[07:13] | You know, you’re welcome here anytime. | 欢迎你随时来 |
[07:15] | Lisa, too. | 也欢迎丽莎 |
[07:16] | Yeah. We’ll definitely take you up on that. | 好 我们一定常来看你 |
[07:22] | Oh, look at that. Speak of the devil. | 瞧 正说她呢就来了 |
[07:28] | Your ears must’ve been burning. | 你的耳朵是不是在发烧 |
[07:31] | Look at this right here. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[07:34] | Is that crib still in pieces? | 婴儿床还没有组装吗 |
[07:36] | Yes, it is, okay? | 是啊 |
[07:38] | The damn Swedish Chef wrote the directions. | 这个瑞典厨师写的组装说明太可恶了 |
[07:40] | I told him he was in over his head. | 我就说他搞不定的 |
[07:43] | Hey, Hannah. How are you? | 汉娜 你好吗 |
[07:45] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[07:46] | I’m, uh, trying to hire a new manager at the bar. | 我想在酒吧雇个新经理 |
[07:50] | Hey, if you need anything, um, we’re here. | 如果你有任何需要 我们在 |
[07:53] | Thanks, Lisa. | 谢谢 丽莎 |
[07:55] | – I’ll let you two catch up. – Great. Thank you. | -你们聊吧 -好 谢谢 |
[07:58] | – Uh– You okay? – I’m good. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[07:59] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:04] | I’m so sorry I had to extend the trip, | 抱歉我不得不延后行程 |
[08:06] | but, um, you know, I didn’t realize | 我没意识到 |
[08:08] | there was so much stuff to do for one tiny human. | 为了一个小婴儿有那么多事要做 |
[08:11] | How’s everything going? | 事情怎么样了 |
[08:12] | Uh, well, I’ve almost finished | 我差不多理完了 |
[08:15] | collating the last of the reports for the JAGs, and… | 最后一份军法署报告 |
[08:17] | I kind of wish they’d just call me as a witness | 我挺希望他们能叫我做证人 |
[08:19] | so I could defend Jason publicly. | 这样我就能公开为杰森辩护 |
[08:23] | The optics of working on behalf | 代表检方工作的公众反响 |
[08:24] | of the prosecution does not look great. | 并不太好 |
[08:26] | Well, that ain’t your choice. Echo knows that. | 那不是你的选择 E队知道 |
[08:31] | You heard anything on the new job? | 新工作有消息吗 |
[08:33] | Not yet, but probably just tangled up in the usual red tape. | 还没 可能卡在惯常的繁文缛节上了 |
[08:37] | Them, uh, damn pencil pushers better hurry their butts up | 这些拿笔杆的最好动作快点 |
[08:39] | because this right here, okay, | 因为我们这种情况 |
[08:42] | has been a little classified for too long. | 已经保密太久了 |
[08:47] | Right. I-I got to take Hannah | 对了 我得带汉娜 |
[08:49] | to go see the OB-GYN Kenobi doctor. | 去看金发美人妇科医生 |
[08:53] | Ah. No, I-I actually have to go, too. | 其实我也得走了 |
[08:55] | We just got clearance to complete | 我们刚拿到许可来完成 |
[08:57] | the S.A. Intel dossier on Raqqa Jacques, so… | 拉卡·雅克的特别行动情报档案 |
[09:00] | Have fun with Hannah. | 和汉娜好好看病 |
[09:01] | I will. All right. I’ll call you later. | 我会的 晚点打给你 |
[09:04] | – Bye. – Bye. | -回见 -回见 |
[09:06] | The panel consists of eight members. | 该小组由八位成员组成 |
[09:08] | Three are enlisted and two are battle-tested. | 三位已入伍 两位受过战斗测验 |
[09:10] | They need three-fourths to convict. | 四分之三的人投票才能定罪 |
[09:11] | The prosecution will want to prove you’re a loose cannon | 检方会试图证明你是一个 |
[09:13] | capable of war crimes. | 能犯下战争罪的无赖 |
[09:15] | They’ll have scoured through every Bravo AAR and evaluation | 他们会仔细看B队20年内的 |
[09:18] | from the past two decades. | 战后报告和评估报告 |
[09:20] | What exactly are they looking for? | 他们到底要找什么 |
[09:21] | Violations of protocol, | 违规行为 |
[09:23] | clashes between you and other operators. | 你和其他作战人员的过节 |
[09:25] | Anything to show your emotions overruled tactical judgement. | 任何证明你的情绪推翻过战术判断的事 |
[09:28] | If their plan is to make my dad out to be a monster, | 如果他们的计划是把我爸爸说成怪物 |
[09:31] | what’s our plan? | 我们的计划是什么 |
[09:32] | Cite your father’s track record. | 引用你父亲的工作记录 |
[09:34] | Highlight their shoddy investigation. | 强调他们卑劣的调查 |
[09:36] | Discredit the bystander’s incomplete video of the shooting. | 怀疑旁观者不完整的枪击录像 |
[09:38] | You make it sound so easy. | 从你嘴里听起来挺简单 |
[09:43] | Um, I’m sorry to interrupt, Lieutenant Commander. | 很抱歉打断你 少校 |
[09:44] | I’ve got the Raqqa Jacques dossier. | 我来送拉卡·雅克的档案 |
[09:46] | I also wanted to share something else with you. | 我还想给你看点东西 |
[09:49] | I was reviewing intel from the Jordan op. | 我当时正回看约旦行动的情报 |
[09:52] | That man with the tattoo holding the AK, that’s Yazeed Nafal. | 那个拿着机枪有纹身的是亚泽德·纳法尔 |
[09:57] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[09:58] | That’s the guy Dad shot. | 我爸射杀的就是他 |
[10:01] | They said he was just a driver. | 他们说他只是个司机 |
[10:03] | In his recruitment video, he calls for | 在他的招募视频中 他呼吁 |
[10:05] | “Death to the Western world.” | “西方世界的灭亡” |
[10:06] | “Just a driver” My ass. | “只是司机”个屁 |
[10:08] | – I hope that helps. – Excellent work. | -希望能有所帮助 -干得漂亮 |
[10:12] | Davis, thanks. | 戴维斯 谢谢你 |
[10:14] | Good luck tomorrow. We’re all behind you. | 祝你明天好运 我们都支持你 |
[10:18] | This is a game changer, right? | 这完全改变了情势 不是吗 |
[10:20] | Proving Nafal was an active member of the AKM | 证明纳法尔是阿尔卡迪尔运动的成员 |
[10:22] | could demolish the prosecution’s case. | 就能推翻检方的起诉 |
[10:24] | Things are starting to look up here. | 事情开始好转了 |
[10:26] | In the courtroom tomorrow, remember, | 明天在法庭上 记住 |
[10:27] | it’s not just the facts or your record on trial. | 审判中不只是看事实或记录 |
[10:30] | The jury will be watching you, too. | 审判团也会观察你 |
[10:34] | So when JAG Flores attacks your character, | 当军法署攻击你的人格 |
[10:36] | or a ruling goes against us, you don’t react. | 或裁决对我们不利时 别回应 |
[10:40] | Stay calm in the chaos and show the jury | 在混乱中保持冷静 让陪审团知道 |
[10:42] | why they can trust you. | 为什么你值得信任 |
[10:53] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[11:01] | Be seated, please. | 请坐 |
[11:06] | The court will now come to order. | 本庭现宣布审判正式开始 |
[11:08] | Is the government prepared to make an opening statement? | 政府控方准备好作公开陈述了吗 |
[11:10] | Yes, Your Honor. Permission to enter the well. | 是的 法官大人 请求发表陈述 |
[11:12] | Proceed. | 请陈述 |
[11:15] | On 11 March, 2021, while on a mission | 2021年3月11日 在一次 |
[11:17] | with SEAL Team Bravo in Irbid, Jordan, | 海豹突击B队于约旦伊尔比德的行动中 |
[11:20] | Master Chief Jason Hayes entered a residential building | 总士官长杰森·海恩斯进入一幢居民楼 |
[11:23] | and shot and killed Yazeed Nafal, | 射杀了亚泽德·纳法尔 |
[11:25] | an unarmed Jordanian civilian. | 一位手无寸铁的约旦平民 |
[11:27] | The government will demonstrate by means of video evidence, | 政府方将展示视频证据 |
[11:30] | timeline and testimony that Chief Hayes committed murder, | 时间线及海恩斯士官长谋杀罪的证词 |
[11:33] | motivated by revenge on behalf of his best friend | 动机出于为了他的好友报仇 |
[11:36] | and fellow SEAL, Warrant Officer Raymond Perry. | 也就是海豹突击队员雷蒙德·佩里准尉 |
[11:39] | This is a tragic event. | 这是个悲惨的事件 |
[11:41] | While the government has the utmost respect | 尽管政府对海斯总士官长为这个国家 |
[11:43] | for Master Chief Hayes’ service to this country, | 所做的贡献怀有最崇高的敬意 |
[11:45] | he must be held accountable for this heinous crime. | 但他必须为这起毫无人性的罪行负责 |
[11:51] | The prosecution will tell you that Master Chief Hayes went rogue. | 控方会告诉你们海斯总士官长当时失控了 |
[11:55] | That he was overcome with vengeance | 他被复仇的念头冲昏了头 |
[11:57] | and shot an innocent man in cold blood. | 所以冷血地射杀了一个无辜的人 |
[12:01] | Nonsense. | 一派胡言 |
[12:02] | It is Master Chief Hayes’ unwavering sworn statement | 海斯总士官长始终声称 |
[12:05] | that the deceased, Yazeed Nafal, an AKM henchman, | 死去的亚泽德·纳法尔 阿尔卡迪尔运动的追随者 |
[12:08] | was holding an M1951 Beretta in his left hand. | 当时左手拿着一把伯莱塔M1951手枪 |
[12:12] | The taking of a life might be heinous | 夺走他人的生命也许是很可恨的罪行 |
[12:14] | to those of us fortunate enough | 对此而言 我们大多数人都是很幸运的 |
[12:16] | to never have engaged in combat, | 因为我们永远不需要参与任何战斗 |
[12:18] | but the reality is that Master Chief Hayes | 但海斯总士官长其实只是完成了自己的工作 |
[12:21] | is wrongly on trial for doing his job. | 却要接受这种不公正的审判 |
[12:27] | Mr. Khalaf, as the representative | 卡拉夫先生 |
[12:29] | of Jordan’s General Intelligence Directorate, | 作为约旦情报总局的代表 |
[12:31] | you have intimate knowledge of the investigation. | 你对此案的调查情况十分清楚 |
[12:34] | Could you tell us what was discovered at the crime scene? | 能请你告诉我们在犯罪现场发现了什么吗 |
[12:37] | Police found the body of Yazeed Nafal in the hallway | 警察在走廊发现了亚泽德·纳法尔的尸体 |
[12:39] | with two gunshot wounds to the chest. | 胸口有两处枪伤 |
[12:41] | – Mr. Khalaf, was a weapon found on or near Nafal’s body? – No. | -卡拉夫先生 在纳法尔尸体附近有武器吗 -没有 |
[12:46] | No weapons of any kind. | 没有发现任何武器 |
[12:47] | What other evidence did the police recover from the scene? | 警察在现场还发现了什么其他的证据吗 |
[12:50] | A neighbor came forward to share | 有个邻居提供了一份 |
[12:51] | a mobile phone video he recorded. | 他当时拍下的手机视频 |
[12:54] | I will now play the footage from this cell phone camera. | 我将播放他手机视频的片段 |
[12:57] | Exhibit 2. | 请播放二号证据 |
[13:19] | Mr. Khalaf, | 卡拉夫先生 |
[13:20] | the time stamp on the video is 12:02 P.M. | 视频上的时间显示为下午12:02 |
[13:23] | Police arrived at 12:29 P.M. | 而警察是在下午12:29到达的 |
[13:25] | So it’s conceivable that in 27 minutes, | 所以在那27分钟里 |
[13:28] | a passerby could have taken the gun. | 可能有一个路过的人拿走了那把枪 |
[13:30] | Perhaps even the police or… | 甚至也许是警察或许… |
[13:31] | someone wanting to spin the events in a different… | 是某个想要拿这件事大做文章的人… |
[13:33] | Objection. | 反对 |
[13:34] | Speculation. | 引导证人推测 |
[13:35] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[13:36] | Master Chief Hayes is on record | 海斯总士官长的证词表明 |
[13:38] | stating Nafal had a pistol at his side in his left hand. | 纳法尔当时在他身边左手持枪 |
[13:42] | Could the family of Yazeed Nafal confirm he was left-handed? | 亚泽德·纳法尔的家人能否证实他是左利手 |
[13:45] | The victim’s family, in their grief, | 受害者的家人沉浸在悲痛之中 |
[13:46] | did not respond to your inquiry. | 并没有回应你的问询 |
[13:48] | The “Victim.” | “受害者” |
[13:50] | Right. | 是的 |
[13:51] | Is the Jordanian government aware | 约旦政府是否知晓 |
[13:53] | Nafal was not working for an officer of the AKM | 纳法尔并没有为阿卡运动的官员工作 |
[13:55] | but was an enthusiastic member of the AKM himself? | 但他自己也是阿卡运动的狂热成员呢 |
[13:59] | I will now play | 我将向大家展示 |
[13:59] | – Exhibit A. – Objection. Lack of foundation. | -证据A -反对 缺乏事实根据 |
[14:02] | The defense is putting the victim on trial. | 辩方想要审判受害者 |
[14:04] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[14:05] | Your Honor, I’ve admitted into evidence authenticated propaganda. | 法官大人 我的证据已经通过审核允许提交 |
[14:08] | I have reviewed your late submission | 我已经审阅了你最新提交的证据 |
[14:09] | and have ruled the evidence to be inadmissible. | 判定该证据不能采纳 |
[14:12] | The victim cannot defend himself in this courtroom. | 受害者无法在法庭上为自己辩护 |
[14:15] | The only person on trial here is Master Chief Hayes. | 这里要接受审判的人只有海斯总士官长 |
[14:34] | The judge made a perplexing ruling, | 法官确实做了一个让我们很难搞的裁定 |
[14:36] | – but you can’t lash out like that. – Perplexing? | -但你不能像刚刚那样做 -很难搞 |
[14:38] | That’s the word you use? “Perplexing”? | 你就用这个词 “很难搞” |
[14:41] | This judge, is he trying to railroad me, too? | 这个法官 他是不是也想给我捏造罪名 |
[14:43] | My entire life is under the microscope here, | 我的整个人生都被摊开在这讨论 |
[14:47] | and we can’t discuss the fact that this guy was a terrorist? | 但我们却不能谈论那家伙是个恐怖分子 |
[14:50] | It’s one judge’s bad decision. | 这只是这个法官做出的判断 |
[14:52] | I’m confident it would be overturned on appeal. | 我相信等到上诉的时候情势会翻转的 |
[14:54] | Appeal? My entire career will be over | 上诉 如果这件事真的要上诉 |
[14:57] | if this goes to appeal. | 那我的职业生涯就毁了 |
[15:00] | Put it behind us for now. | 暂时先别想那些 |
[15:02] | We’ve got enough to worry about with Lindell. | 林戴尔的证词就够我们担心的了 |
[15:04] | He’ll want to distance himself from any scandal. | 他一定不想惹上任何丑闻 |
[15:06] | That’s great. Lindell. Guy’s wanted me gone since he got here. | 太棒了 林戴尔 自从他来就盼着我走呢 |
[15:11] | Now is his shot. | 现在机会来了 |
[15:13] | Master Chief Hayes retired from operating, | 海斯总士官长先从一线退下 |
[15:14] | then asked to return to field duty. | 之后又要求重返前线 |
[15:16] | Do you know why? | 你知道原因吗 |
[15:17] | He believed he would have the most impact on the battlefield. | 他认为自己在战场上起到至关重要的作用 |
[15:20] | Couldn’t stay out of the fight, could he? | 他就是不想离开战争 对吧 |
[15:23] | Did you have any reservations | 对于恢复海斯总士官长B1的职位 |
[15:24] | about reinstating Master Chief Hayes as Bravo 1? | 你是否有任何保留意见 |
[15:27] | His performance mitigated any of my concerns. | 他的表现足以消解我的顾虑 |
[15:29] | Have you ever needed to reprimand Master Chief Hayes for his conduct? | 你是否需要斥责海斯总士官长的行为 |
[15:33] | Yes, on occasion. | 是的 偶尔需要 |
[15:35] | I have here an evaluation dated 7 October 2019 | 我这里有一份2019年10月7日的评估报告 |
[15:38] | where you refer to Master Chief Hayes as a “Renegade.” | 报告里你称海斯总士官长为”叛逆者” |
[15:41] | So, in your opinion, | 那么在你看来 |
[15:43] | does the Master Chief play by his own rules? | 总士官长是否是一个行为乖张之人呢 |
[15:53] | I was referring to his tactics, not his character. | 我报告里描述的是他的战术 不是他的人品 |
[15:57] | While it’s true the Master Chief doesn’t always do things | 尽管总士官长基本从来不会 |
[15:59] | the way I would like… | 按我喜欢的方式行事… |
[16:02] | I’m loathe to imagine what the war on terror would look like | 但我很不愿意想象如果没有他奋战在前线 |
[16:04] | without him at the tip of the spear. | 反恐战争会变成什么样 |
[16:07] | In all my years in the Teams, | 我在队里待了这么多年 |
[16:09] | I’ve come across no finer operator than Master Chief Hayes. | 我从没见过比海斯总士官长更优秀的指挥官 |
[16:20] | Appreciate you cleaning yourself up, SO1 Quinn. | 很感谢你把自己收拾干净了 一级特战兵奎恩 |
[16:23] | Navy gave us relaxed grooming standards | 海军对我们的仪容标准很宽松 |
[16:24] | so we could stay mission ready. | 所以我们可以时刻保持作战准备 |
[16:27] | You like going after guys for following the rules, don’t you? Hmm? | 你喜欢揪着规则不放 是吗 |
[16:31] | When you passed the deceased in the hallway, | 当你在走廊里经过死者时 |
[16:32] | did you see a gun on his person or on the ground? | 你是否看到枪是在死者身上 还是在地上 |
[16:34] | I didn’t. No. | 我没看到 |
[16:37] | No, sir, I did not. | 没有 长官 我没看到 |
[16:38] | But I wasn’t looking for one. | 我没留意去看 |
[16:40] | You never even entered the building, | 你甚至都没有进入建筑内 |
[16:41] | yet in your deposition, you allege Master Chief Hayes | 但在你的证词中 你声称海斯总士官长 |
[16:43] | followed the ROEs? | 遵守了交战规则 |
[16:44] | If Master Chief Hayes shot a man, | 如果海斯总士官长射杀了一个人 |
[16:46] | that man had a weapon or was a direct threat. | 那个人一定是有武器或者有直接威胁 |
[16:48] | You saw the victim enter the building. | 你看到受害者进入了建筑 |
[16:49] | Did you see him holding the gun Master Chief Hayes describes? | 你有没有看到他拿着海斯总士官长提到的武器 |
[16:52] | One guy had an AK slung over his shoulder. | 一个人肩上扛着把冲锋枪 |
[16:54] | Other guy could have had a concealed weapon. | 另一个人可能有隐藏的武器 |
[16:56] | But you didn’t see the weapon on the victim? | 但你没有看到受害者身上的武器 |
[16:58] | It was your regular Jihad Joe working for AKM. | 他是为阿尔卡迪尔运动效力的圣战者乔 |
[17:01] | The same terrorist that blew up 12 servicemen in Baghdad. | 那个在巴格达炸死十二名军人的恐怖分子 |
[17:04] | Answer the question, Petty Officer. | 回答问题 海军军士 |
[17:09] | No, I didn’t. | 不 没看见 |
[17:11] | Four eagle-eyed sharpshooters, and not one of them spotted a gun. | 四个目光敏锐的神枪手 没有一个人发现了枪 |
[17:14] | Have you ever questioned | 你是否质疑过 |
[17:15] | Bravo 1’s decision-making on a mission? | B1在执行任务中作出的决策 |
[17:17] | We’ve all had our difference of opinions. | 我们都有意见上的分歧 |
[17:20] | But I trust Master Chief Hayes more than anyone to get us home. | 但我比任何人都信任海斯总士官长能带我们安全回家 |
[17:23] | Has anyone discussed going “Shields up” | 是否有人提过要打开保护罩 |
[17:25] | to protect your team leader? | 来保护你们的队长 |
[17:26] | No, sir. | 没有 长官 |
[17:28] | No member of Bravo would stand by | 如果有兄弟触犯了战争罪 |
[17:29] | and support a brother if he committed a war crime. | B队中没有任何人会支持他 |
[17:32] | None of you saw this elusive gun, | 你们中没有任何人看到那把未知的枪 |
[17:34] | yet you all assert, under oath, that Chief Hayes is innocent. | 可你们都断言 发誓 说海斯总士官长是无辜的 |
[17:39] | If he made that mistake, he’d own up to it. | 如果他真的犯了错误 他自己会承认的 |
[17:41] | Really? | 是吗 |
[17:42] | Can you name one instance of Master Chief Hayes | 你能举出一个海斯总士官长在作战中 |
[17:44] | owning up to an error he made in the field? | 承认自己所犯错误例子吗 |
[17:48] | Nothing comes to mind. | 想不出来 |
[17:55] | Teammates painted a picture of you | 队友的证词将你描述成 |
[17:56] | as someone who’s always in control on the battlefield. | 一个在作战中永远掌控一切的形象 |
[17:58] | I’m not sure they swayed the panel. | 我不确定他们是否有所动摇 |
[17:59] | Only two members have seen combat. | 只有两个人见过战斗 |
[18:01] | The rest of them don’t know what it’s like outside the wire. | 其余的人根本不知道战场什么样 |
[18:04] | Which is why Chief Warrant Officer Perry, | 所以一级准尉佩里 |
[18:05] | as an officer and operator, is our best option to appeal to them. | 他作为一名官员和作战人员 是我们影响庭审意见的关键 |
[18:09] | Or the best option to put the final nail in my coffin. | 或者是压垮我的最后一根稻草 |
[18:14] | Court will now come to order. | 现在法庭恢复秩序 |
[18:16] | Is the government prepared to proceed? | 政府一方准备好了吗 |
[18:18] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[18:19] | Call your next witness. | 传唤下一位证人 |
[18:20] | The government calls Chief Warrant Officer | 政府要求一级准尉 |
[18:22] | Raymond Perry to the stand. | 雷蒙德·佩里出庭作证 |
[18:34] | When did you learn the man you were hunting was your torturer? | 你何时得知你的追捕目标就是折磨你的人 |
[18:37] | The night before the mission. | 执行任务的前一晚 |
[18:38] | When did Master Chief Hayes learn this? | 海斯总士官长是何时得知的 |
[18:40] | The next morning. | 第二天早上 |
[18:42] | Did Master Chief Hayes pressure you | 海斯总士官长是否迫使你 |
[18:44] | into launching an op without approval from Jordan? | 在未经约旦批准的情况下发起行动 |
[18:46] | No. | 没有 |
[18:47] | No? | 没有 |
[18:50] | In your deposition, when asked if Master Chief Hayes | 在你的书面证词中 被问及海斯总士官长 |
[18:52] | was eager to pursue the op, you answered yes. | 是否渴望执行本次任务时 你的回答是肯定的 |
[18:54] | Yes, he wanted to move; no, he didn’t pressure me. | 是的 他是想执行任务 但他没有强迫我 |
[18:59] | The timeline of events indicates that | 事件的时间线显示 |
[19:01] | as soon as Master Chief Hayes knew of your connection | 海斯总士官长一得知你与任务的关联性 |
[19:03] | to the mission, the op was full speed ahead. | 就全速推进了任务进程 |
[19:05] | Yes, we received time-sensitive actionable intel that morning. | 是的 那天早上我们收到了行动时间紧迫的情报 |
[19:08] | You’re saying the Master Chief’s knowledge of Raqqa Jacques | 你是说 海斯总士官长得知拉卡·雅克 |
[19:10] | and the launch of this op was just a coincidence? | 和发起本次行动之间 仅仅是巧合 |
[19:13] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[19:15] | Time was of the essence. | 时间至关重要 |
[19:16] | How many S.A. missions have you led as warrant officer? | 你成为准位军官以来 领导过多少次特别任务 |
[19:21] | Two. | 两次 |
[19:22] | You were held captive for six days and subjected | 你被囚禁了六天 在生理和心理上 |
[19:24] | to extreme physical and psychological torture. | 都受到了极大的折磨 |
[19:27] | I’m sure no one in this courtroom | 我确信 如果你是因为 |
[19:28] | would blame you for bending | 你所信任的人承诺为你报仇 |
[19:29] | to the will of someone you trust | 所以你才屈服于他的意愿 |
[19:30] | if they promised you retribution. | 法庭之上没有人会责备你 |
[19:32] | Is that a question, sir? | 这是一个问题吗 长官 |
[19:33] | Must be difficult… to suddenly act as OIC | 那一定很难 你做了他的下属十三年 |
[19:36] | to a man you have been subordinate to for 13 years. | 现在忽然成了他行动的负责人 |
[19:39] | As much as I respect Master Chief Hayes, | 我很尊重海斯总士官长 |
[19:41] | I respect the chain of command more. | 但我更尊重指挥系统 |
[19:44] | It was my decision to take the op kinetic. | 参与这次行动是我的决定 |
[19:46] | The mission was a success, | 这次任务很成功 |
[19:48] | as was the follow-on. | 后续也很顺利 |
[19:49] | And for the record… | 供记录在案的是 |
[19:52] | I killed Raqqa Jacques, | 杀了拉卡·雅克的是我 |
[19:54] | not Jason Hayes. | 不是杰森·海斯 |
[20:02] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[20:06] | Your Honor, | 尊敬的法官 |
[20:07] | given that Chief Warrant Officer Perry’s testimony | 鉴于一级准尉佩里的证词 |
[20:09] | nullifies the revenge motive for murder, | 否认了谋杀的报复动机 |
[20:11] | I propose a motion to dismiss all charges. | 我提议撤销所有指控 |
[20:15] | I will dismiss the charge of premeditated murder. | 我会撤销预谋谋杀的指控 |
[20:19] | But the members could still find for involuntary manslaughter. | 但陪审团仍可做出过失杀人的判决 |
[20:25] | The witness may be excused. | 证人可以退席了 |
[20:45] | Ray had your six after all. | 雷最后还是维护了你 |
[20:47] | Losing motive puts a big hole in the prosecution’s case. | 失去杀人动机这一条让控方的案子有了破绽 |
[20:49] | But the involuntary manslaughter, | 但是过失杀人的指控 |
[20:52] | this boots me off the team, | 会把我踢出队伍 |
[20:54] | gets me ten years. | 让我蹲十年监狱 |
[20:56] | Still, there’s no gun. | 现场还是没有枪 |
[20:58] | Our expert witness will poke holes in the video evidence. | 我们的专家证人会在视频证据里找到破绽的 |
[21:01] | Expert witness? You’re telling me | 专家证人 你是说我的案子 |
[21:02] | I have to rely on some computer geek | 全靠某个电脑宅男 |
[21:04] | to look for missing camera angles here? | 去找到某个消失了的镜头吗 |
[21:06] | I mean, even you said that video | 连你都说过那段视频 |
[21:08] | makes me look like a killer. | 让我看起来像个杀手 |
[21:10] | I need to tell my side of the story. | 我需要为自己作证 |
[21:11] | Putting you on the stand will make us look desperate. | 把你放到证人席上会让人觉得咱们孤注一掷了 |
[21:13] | I am desperate. | 我是孤注一掷了 |
[21:15] | It only took me three questions | 在作证准备时我就问了三个问题 |
[21:16] | to get you to self-destruct in prep. | 就让你开始自我辩解 |
[21:18] | Flores is dying to get you on his turf and push your buttons. | 弗洛雷斯巴不得把你弄到他的地盘上刺激你 |
[21:21] | My word should matter. | 我的证词是有分量的 |
[21:23] | If you blow up on the stand, | 如果你在证人席上爆发 |
[21:24] | your word will get you sent away for the rest of your life. | 你的证词会让你蹲一辈子监狱 |
[21:28] | It’s my ass on the line, ma’am. | 现在在受审的人是我 长官 |
[21:38] | Do you solemnly swear or affirm that the testimony | 你是否庄严宣誓你在本最高军事法庭上 |
[21:40] | you will give in this General Court-Martial will be the truth, | 所提供的一切证词 |
[21:42] | the whole truth and nothing but the truth, | 均为真实的和正确的 |
[21:44] | under penalty of perjury? | 违者将会被判伪证罪 |
[21:46] | I do. | 我宣誓 |
[21:47] | Please be seated. | 请坐吧 |
[21:48] | State your name, rank and billet. | 请陈述你的姓名 军衔及所属部队 |
[21:50] | Jason M. Hayes, Master Chief, United States Navy. | 杰森·海斯 总士官长 隶属美国海军 |
[21:52] | Navy Special Warfare Development Group. | 海军精英特种作战发展部队 |
[21:54] | – Bravo Team Leader. – It’s your witness. | -B队队长 -请开始询问证人 |
[21:59] | Master Chief, walk me through what happened | 总士官长 请讲述一下3月11日在伊尔比德 |
[22:00] | in Irbid on 11 March. | 发生的事情 |
[22:02] | Bravo Team arrived on target. | B队抵达目的地 |
[22:04] | My teammates observed two men | 我的队员观察到两个人 |
[22:08] | enter an apartment complex, one shouldering an AK. | 进入一座公寓楼 其中一人肩上扛着冲锋枪 |
[22:11] | Because they were armed, | 因为他们有武器 |
[22:13] | we entered the apartment complex with our pistols drawn. | 所以我们持枪进入了公寓楼 |
[22:16] | Surely it was chaos the moment you entered the building. | 你们进入公寓楼时肯定非常混乱 |
[22:18] | How are you able to recall what happened | 在这类动能作战中 |
[22:20] | during such a kinetic operation? | 你们如何能记住现场发生的情况 |
[22:22] | We’re trained to do this. | 我们受过专业的训练 |
[22:25] | It’s our job. | 这是我们的工作 |
[22:27] | We remain calm in the chaos. | 我们在混乱中能够保持冷静 |
[22:29] | It’s like time slows down. | 就好像是放慢镜头 |
[22:31] | I led my team up the stairs. | 我带领队伍走到楼梯口 |
[22:33] | I was the tip of the spear. I rounded a corner. | 我是队伍的先锋 我转过拐角 |
[22:35] | I looked up, I saw a male– | 往上看 见到一名男性 |
[22:37] | black hair, track jacket. | 黑色头发 防风夹克 |
[22:39] | Had a gun on his side in his left hand. | 左手拿着一把枪 |
[22:41] | It was a Beretta M1951. | 型号是伯莱塔M1951 |
[22:44] | Before he could alert the others, I shot him. | 在他警告其他人之前 我打中了他 |
[22:48] | I continued into the target, and I completed my duty. | 我继续向目标前进 然后我完成了任务 |
[22:51] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[22:53] | Is there cross-examination? | 控方需要盘问吗 |
[22:55] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[22:58] | So, Master Chief Hayes, your duty, | 这么说 海斯总士官长 如你所述 |
[22:59] | as you put it, is to kill people? | 你的任务就是杀人 |
[23:01] | You got that backwards. | 恰恰相反 |
[23:03] | My job is to save lives, not take them. | 我是任务是救人 而不是杀人 |
[23:06] | Like the hundreds of innocent people that Bravo Team saved | 比如说那几百个因为B队阻止了阿尔卡迪尔运动 |
[23:09] | by stopping AKM terrorists | 打下两架商用客机 |
[23:11] | from taking out two commercial airliners. | 而被拯救了的无辜群众 |
[23:13] | Speaking of innocent people, | 提到无辜群众 |
[23:14] | I’d like to concentrate on the very real, | 我想要重点问问其中一个 |
[23:15] | and very dead, unarmed Jordanian citizen, Mr. Nafal. | 真实存在的已经死亡的手无寸铁的约旦国民纳法尔先生 |
[23:19] | Is he the first unarmed man you’ve killed? | 他是你杀的第一个手无寸铁的人吗 |
[23:20] | Objection. | 反对 |
[23:21] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[23:22] | How many people have you killed? | 你杀过多少人 |
[23:23] | That’s not something I think about. | 这不是我考虑的问题 |
[23:24] | Is that because after 20 years | 是因为过了二十年 |
[23:26] | you’ve become indifferent to killing? | 你对杀戮已经无动于衷了吗 |
[23:27] | It’s because I know what it means | 是因为我知道 |
[23:28] | to take a human life. | 杀人的意义是什么 |
[23:31] | Chief Warrant Officer Perry testified | 佩里准尉作证说 |
[23:32] | that you learned of the HVT’s identity | 你在伊尔比德行动开始前的几个小时 |
[23:34] | a few hours before the Irbid op. | 得知了高价值目标的名字 |
[23:37] | That’s correct. | 是这样的 |
[23:38] | You rescued Warrant Officer Perry from his torture chamber. | 是你把佩里准尉从酷刑室里解救出来的 |
[23:41] | You witnessed his ordeal, | 你亲眼目睹了 |
[23:43] | and his condition, first hand? | 他的遭遇和他受的伤害 |
[23:44] | I did. | 是的 |
[23:45] | That must have been difficult. | 这一定非常艰难 |
[23:48] | If I had been in your position, I would absolutely want justice | 如果我身处你的位置 我肯定想要 |
[23:50] | for what was done to my best friend. | 为我最好的朋友伸张正义 |
[23:51] | With all due respect, sir, | 恕我直言 长官 |
[23:52] | you’ve never been in my position. | 你从来没有身处我的位置 |
[23:53] | Are you telling me this bombshell about the HVT | 你想告诉我对于这个高价值目标的打击 |
[23:56] | didn’t cause you to conflate your personal feelings | 你并没有让你的个人情绪 |
[23:57] | and your professional duty? | 干扰到你的职业操守吗 |
[23:58] | It’s always personal. | 从来都只有个人情绪 |
[24:01] | The war on terror started | 对于恐怖主义的战争 |
[24:02] | when 3,000 of our fellow Americans | 起因是三千名美国民众 |
[24:04] | were killed on our own soil. | 在自己的国土被恐怖分子杀害 |
[24:07] | They hit us, | 他们进攻 |
[24:08] | so we hit them back. | 我们就反击回去 |
[24:09] | There’s nothing impersonal about it. | 一切都是个人情绪而已 |
[24:11] | So you’re admitting emotion clouded your judgment | 你这是承认你的判断受到了情绪影响 |
[24:13] | and led you to kill an unarmed man? | 致使你杀死了那个手无寸铁的人吗 |
[24:14] | Mr. Nafal had a gun. | 纳法尔手上有枪 |
[24:16] | Clearly a man willing to compromise his morals to kill | 很明显一个没有操守肆意杀人的被告 |
[24:18] | must be willing to lie, too. | 说的话也没有信服力 |
[24:20] | Objection. | 反对 |
[24:20] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[24:22] | Answer the question, Master Chief. | 你的回应是什么 总士官长 |
[24:26] | The war on terror has come at a heavy price. | 反恐战争的代价一直很沉重 |
[24:29] | It’s cost me my family, | 我在其中失去了家人 |
[24:31] | my teammates, my marriage, | 失去了我的队友 我的婚姻 |
[24:35] | seeing my kids grow up. | 我未能见证自己孩子长大成人 |
[24:37] | But the one thing that it hasn’t taken from me | 但它从来没能让我舍弃的就是 |
[24:39] | is my honor and my word. | 我的荣誉和诚信 |
[24:43] | I wouldn’t disrespect the Trident to protect myself. | 我不会为了自己脱罪 而让三叉戟徽章蒙羞 |
[24:47] | Lying would be a betrayal to my men | 说谎是对我的队员 |
[24:50] | and the country I love to serve. | 以及我效忠祖国的背叛 |
[24:55] | I only have one more question. | 我只有一个问题了 |
[24:58] | Master Chief Hayes… | 海斯总士官长 |
[25:01] | …where’s the gun? | 你说的那把枪在哪 |
[25:11] | Ain’t you a sight for sore eyes? | 哪来的可人儿啊 |
[25:13] | Well, right back at you, sailor. | 你也是啊 水手 |
[25:19] | This damn trial. | 该死的审判 |
[25:21] | It’s bad enough that they’re stringing up Jace | 老杰被他们搞得这么惨 |
[25:23] | for some BS and… | 就为了一些破事 |
[25:25] | you and I got to tiptoe around all… | 咱们还得跟着一起小心翼翼的 |
[25:28] | – these extra eyeballs on Bravo. – Yeah. | -B队现在真是风口浪尖 -是啊 |
[25:31] | None of this is easy. | 都不容易 |
[25:33] | I, uh… | 我想 |
[25:35] | I just really wish we could go back to normal. | 我只希望我们能回归正常 |
[25:39] | Normal? | 还想正常 |
[25:41] | So, how did it go in court? | 所以法庭上什么情况 |
[25:43] | It was all a joke. | 都很扯 |
[25:44] | They kept picking apart every minute of the day | 他们一直猛烈抨击行动当天 |
[25:45] | leading up to the op. | 我们的一切举动 |
[25:47] | Hardly anything that really matters. | 实际都是扯淡 |
[25:50] | Ah, maybe we should be doing that. | 也许我们也该学学他们 |
[25:52] | – What? – I mean, maybe we’ve been | -什么意思 -我是说 |
[25:54] | so focused on the day of the shooting | 我们也是一直就抓着开枪那天 |
[25:56] | that we’ve been missing the whole picture. | 而忽视了整件事本身 |
[26:01] | I got to head back to the office. | 我得回办公室一趟 |
[26:02] | I’m s… Don’t wait up. | 对不 别等我了 |
[26:04] | – No. – Sorry. | -别嘛 -抱歉了 |
[26:06] | You’re killing me. | 真折磨人啊 |
[26:08] | Literally. | 真的 |
[26:10] | What’s this? | 做什么呢 |
[26:11] | I’m making linguini. | 我在做细意面 |
[26:14] | ‘Guini, my favorite. | 细面 我的最爱 |
[26:15] | Don’t get your hopes up. | 别过于期待了 |
[26:16] | I haven’t perfected the parmesan-to-butter ratio | 帕玛森芝士和黄油的比例我还没拿捏到位 |
[26:19] | like Mom did. | 没到妈妈的水平 |
[26:20] | – Mom’s recipe, too, huh? – Yeah. | -妈妈的菜谱 是吗 -是 |
[26:23] | Ah, that’s a good last supper to have. | 做最后一顿晚餐再合适不过了 |
[26:25] | – It’s not funny. – It’s a little funny, | -这不好笑 -还是有点好笑的 |
[26:26] | don’t you think? I think it’s funny. | 你觉得呢 我觉得还行 |
[26:28] | JAG Williams called and said Uncle Ray and your testimony | 军法长威廉姆斯打电话过来说了 |
[26:30] | made a big dent in the prosecution’s case. | 雷叔叔跟你的证词让你的处境好了很多 |
[26:32] | Still have that, uh, video evidence. | 那个视频证据还在那呢 |
[26:34] | And it’s my word against theirs, so… | 都是各执一词而已 |
[26:39] | I just want you to know that, you know, I did the right thing. | 我只是想让你知道 我没做错事 |
[26:44] | Never doubted that for a second. | 我一秒都没有怀疑过你 |
[26:52] | You know, if I do go away, | 我想说 如果我真的不在了 |
[26:53] | you-you’re gonna have to be Mikey’s guardian. | 你就是小麦的监护人了 |
[26:55] | No, we’re not thinking about that. | 停 这事不会发生的 |
[26:58] | I know that it’s difficult | 我知道对你来说 |
[26:59] | to talk about these times of things. | 谈论这些有些艰难 |
[27:01] | I-I… That I get, | 我 这个我理解 |
[27:03] | but you know what, you’re… | 但你得听我说 |
[27:05] | Okay. Come on, you’re gonna be able to handle this, okay? | 好吗 你必须要能承受这些 |
[27:07] | Handle you going to jail? How? | 接受你要去坐牢吗 你让我怎么接受 |
[27:10] | Look, you’re a strong, young woman. | 你是个坚强 年轻的女孩 |
[27:12] | You know what, you kept this family together. | 一直以来 你都在照顾这个家 |
[27:13] | after Mom. | 替妈妈在照顾 |
[27:15] | Okay. | 对 |
[27:15] | You’ve always been able to manage without having me around | 即使我不在你身边 你也设法坚持下来了 |
[27:17] | most of your life. | 你几乎一直这么过来的 |
[27:18] | You-you kept the family together. | 你支撑着这个家 |
[27:20] | Why do you always do that? | 你为什么总是这样 |
[27:21] | What? | 哪样 |
[27:22] | Acting like the only value you have is | 就像你只对战场上的战友 |
[27:24] | to your team on the battlefield. | 才是重要的 |
[27:26] | I don’t care what you think. | 我不管你在想什么 |
[27:28] | You’re the only parent I have left. | 我只有你这一位家长了 |
[27:29] | I’m always gonna need you. | 我怎么可能不需要你 |
[27:30] | Look, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:33] | They can’t take you away from me. | 他们不能把你从我身边带走 |
[27:34] | They’re not. Don’t. | 不会的 别这样 |
[27:41] | They won’t. | 他们不会的 |
[28:27] | Lt. Commander Williams, | 威廉斯少校 |
[28:28] | I’m sorry to be calling you so early. | 很抱歉这么早给你打电话 |
[28:33] | This photo of Yazeed Nafal was taken | 亚泽德·纳法尔的这张照片 |
[28:35] | by Chief Petty Officer Mina Hassan in Irbid, Jordan, | 是军士长米娜·哈森在约旦的伊尔比德拍到的 |
[28:38] | 48 hours before he was shot by Master Chief Hayes. | 拍摄于他被海斯总士官长射杀的48小时之前 |
[28:41] | There is a gun tucked into Nafal’s waistband | 纳法尔的左侧腰带里 |
[28:43] | on the left side. | 别了一把枪 |
[28:44] | The grip is consistent with an M1951 Beretta, | 和海斯总士官长描述的 |
[28:47] | the gun described by Master Chief Hayes. | M1951贝雷塔手枪一致 |
[28:49] | Yes, ma’am, the very same. | 是的 长官 正是这支 |
[28:54] | What matters is the evidence. | 事实胜于雄辩 |
[28:55] | A video of Master Chief Hayes shooting an unarmed man | 我们有一段海斯总士官长无故射杀 |
[28:58] | without provocation. | 手无寸铁的男人的视频 |
[28:59] | The defense provided a partial image of the grip | 辩方提供的枪击发生两天前 |
[29:02] | of a pistol from two days before the killing. | 枪把的部分图像 |
[29:05] | This is purely circumstantial and cannot put a gun | 仅为旁证 并不能证明受害人死亡时 |
[29:07] | in the victim’s hand at the time of his death. | 手上拿着枪 |
[29:09] | The government asks that you find the accused | 政府希望陪审团认定 |
[29:11] | guilty as charged. | 被告有罪 |
[29:19] | Lieutenant Commander Williams. | 威廉斯少校 |
[29:27] | You’ve seen the photo of the gun. | 您看到了枪的照片 |
[29:30] | You’ve heard the testimony of the sailors | 听过了海军的证词 |
[29:32] | who stood alongside Master Chief Hayes, | 他们与海斯总士官长并肩而站 |
[29:34] | who applaud his good standing and honorable reputation. | 为他的正直的人格与可敬的名誉鼓掌 |
[29:39] | And you’ve heard the sworn statement | 您也听过海斯总士官长本人的 |
[29:40] | of Master Chief Hayes himself. | 宣誓证词 |
[29:43] | Master Chief Hayes, | 海斯总士官长 |
[29:44] | in many ways, | 在许多方面 |
[29:46] | is the embodiment of the war on terror. | 都是反恐战争的象征 |
[29:48] | For over 20 years he’s run into the fire for his country. | 20多年来 他为祖国赴汤蹈火 |
[29:51] | While the prosecution has gone to great lengths | 尽管检方不遗余力地 |
[29:54] | to portray Master Chief Hayes as a killer, | 将海斯总士官长描述为一个杀手 |
[29:57] | I’ve learned– | 但我认识到 |
[29:58] | and I hope you have, too– | 我希望您也能明白 |
[30:01] | that Master Chief Hayes doesn’t do his job | 海斯总士官长尽职尽责 |
[30:03] | to shoot the enemy in front of him. | 并非为了射杀面前的敌人 |
[30:05] | He does it to protect the people behind him. | 而是为了保护他身后的人 |
[30:08] | Not just his teammates but his countrymen. | 不仅是他的队友 还有他的同胞 |
[30:11] | And despite all he’s sacrificed | 他为此做出了巨大的牺牲 |
[30:13] | and the deep, personal price he’s paid, | 也付出了沉痛的个人代价 |
[30:16] | Master Chief Hayes has never asked for anything in return. | 但海斯总士官长从未要求任何回报 |
[30:20] | So I’ll ask for him. | 所以我要为他请求 |
[30:23] | If you’re willing to trust him with your freedom, | 如果各位愿意把自由托付给他 |
[30:26] | please also trust his word. | 那么也请相信他说的话 |
[30:53] | Has the panel reached a verdict? | 陪审团作出裁决了吗 |
[30:57] | Yes, we have. Your honor. | 是的 法官 |
[31:07] | We find the defendant, Master Chief Jason M. Hayes… | 我们认为被告 总士官长杰森·M·海斯 |
[31:11] | …not guilty. | 无罪 |
[31:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:17] | It was my honor, Master Chief. | 这是我的荣幸 总士官长 |
[31:30] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -进吧 -谢谢 |
[31:33] | What we got here? | 看谁来了 |
[31:35] | All hail the conquering hero. | 向凯旋的英雄致敬 |
[31:37] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[31:39] | Thank you. You didn’t have to do all this, you know. | 谢谢 不用这么兴师动众的 |
[31:41] | All you been through? | 你都经历这么多 |
[31:42] | Couldn’t get the champagne on ice fast enough. | 就差给香槟加冰了 |
[31:44] | JAG Flores found out what happens | 军法署的弗洛雷斯该知道 |
[31:45] | when you mess with the great Jason Hayes, huh? | 给伟大的杰森·海斯找麻烦是什么下场了吧 |
[31:47] | Thanks, man, appreciate you all. | 多谢 兄弟 感激不尽 |
[31:49] | I really do. Thanks for, uh, being there | 真的很感谢 谢谢你们一直都在 |
[31:50] | and standing by me with the support. | 给我支持 |
[31:53] | All of you, thanks. | 谢谢你们所有人 |
[31:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:56] | B1 Bravo 1. | |
[31:59] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回归 |
[32:05] | – Love you, brother. – Love you back. | -爱你 兄弟 -我也爱你 |
[32:07] | Appreciate you, I really do. | 真的谢谢你 |
[32:09] | Thanks for what you did up there on the stand. | 谢谢你在证人席上说的那番话 |
[32:11] | All I did was tell the truth. | 我只是说了实话 |
[32:12] | Yeah, but… | 是的 但是 |
[32:14] | going kinetic. | 活跃行动 |
[32:15] | Maybe I did push a little too hard. | 也许是我逼得太紧了 |
[32:17] | I was the OIC. | 我曾是总负责人 |
[32:19] | You didn’t make me do anything I didn’t want to. | 你没逼我做任何我不想做的事 |
[32:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:23] | Chief Warrant Officer Perry. | 一级准尉佩里 |
[32:26] | I’m just glad the truth finally prevailed. | 我很高兴终于真相大白了 |
[32:29] | Not sure I could’ve kept on without you. | 我不知道没有你我还能不能坚持下去 |
[32:33] | Good thing I’m not going anywhere. | 还好我哪也不用去 |
[32:38] | Hey, where’s Stella? | 斯特拉在哪里 |
[32:38] | She, uh, she had a lot of papers to grade. | 她还有很多论文要评分 |
[32:42] | Look, man. | 听着 兄弟 |
[32:44] | The way I handled everything… | 我处理事情的方式 |
[32:46] | No worries, man. | 没事 兄弟 |
[32:47] | You were just looking after your team leader here. | 你只是在帮你的队长 |
[32:49] | Shouldn’t have doubted you. | 我不该怀疑你的 |
[32:51] | Just, uh, Jason in DoD’s crosshairs, | 杰森被国防部迫害 |
[32:53] | I lost track of… | 让我忘记了 |
[32:55] | everything that you’ve been through these last few months, too. | 过去几个月你也过得很痛苦 |
[32:58] | It’s been a tough go | 从突尼斯回来之后 |
[32:59] | for Bravo Team since we got back from Tunisia. | B队就过得很不容易 |
[33:02] | Yeah, I’m just glad it’s behind us. | 是啊 但我很高兴这一切都过去了 |
[33:04] | – All of it. – That’s right. | -所有的一切 -没错 |
[33:06] | Hey, uh, not to upstage… | 各位 我并不是 |
[33:09] | Bravo 1 here, but, uh, I, uh, | 要抢B1的风头 不过我 |
[33:11] | I got some big news myself. | 我要宣布自己的一条重大新闻 |
[33:14] | The McRib’s back already? | 猪排堡兄弟这么快就回来了啊 |
[33:20] | I’m gonna be a dad. | 我要当爸爸了 |
[33:22] | What? | 什么 |
[33:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:27] | Sonny Quinn’s gonna be a dad.. | 桑尼·奎恩要当爸爸了 |
[33:28] | Wait, uh, who’s the lucky lady? | 等一下 谁是那位幸运的女士 |
[33:30] | And what time does she get off stage? | 还有她预产期是什么时候 |
[33:33] | The mother, um, | 孩子的妈妈 |
[33:34] | is an old friend of mine from Texas. | 是我在得州的一个老朋友 |
[33:36] | But, uh, we’re not together. | 但是 我们没在一起 |
[33:38] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[33:40] | It’s, uh, it’s complicated. | 这 说来话长 |
[33:42] | Look, I think, uh, | 我觉得 |
[33:44] | – I think we’re long overdue for a toast here, huh? – Yeah. | -我觉得咱们早就该一起敬杯酒了 -对 |
[33:48] | Come on, babe. Get in there. | 过来宝贝 进来 |
[33:50] | Get in there. Get ’em altogether now. | 进来 凑紧一些 |
[33:54] | – To freedom. – Freedom! | -敬自由 -敬自由 |
[33:55] | Freedom! | 敬自由 |
[33:58] | All right, all right, so… | 好了 好了 听我说 |
[34:00] | what does a lawyer get when you give him Viagra? | 如果你给律师一片伟哥 他会怎样 |
[34:03] | – What? – Taller. | -怎样 -变高 |
[34:07] | That’s all I got, that’s all I got. | 我就这水平了 就这水平 |
[34:08] | Maybe Ray should take some. | 也许还是应该让雷来 |
[34:10] | Burn! | 来了 |
[34:11] | Did you guys see the look on the JAG’s face | 你们看到宣判时候 |
[34:13] | when they announced the verdict? | 军法长的表情了吗 |
[34:13] | Douche thought he had a career-maker. | 那蠢货还以为他要扶摇直上了 |
[34:16] | Seriously, man, baiting us with those questions | 真心的伙计们 用一堆拉卡·雅克的问题 |
[34:18] | about Raqqa Jacques? | 给我们挖陷阱 |
[34:20] | Come on, like this, like this was some sort of revenge | 得了吧 说得好像我们这次行动 |
[34:22] | mission for Ray’s torture. | 是为了给雷受到的折磨报仇似的 |
[34:24] | Like we need a reason to go after a terrorist. | 好像我们打击恐怖分子需要理由 |
[34:26] | Yeah, like, uh, hello? | 对啊 但是 拜托 |
[34:29] | That’s our job. | 那是我们的职责 |
[34:37] | Why aren’t you inside? | 你为什么不进来 |
[34:39] | It’s a party, not a wake, because of you. | 多亏了你 我们才能庆祝而不是守灵 |
[34:42] | Not really in the mood. | 不太有心情进去 |
[34:44] | I saw Lindell after the verdict. | 宣判后我看到林戴尔了 |
[34:47] | And… | 然后 |
[34:49] | – …I didn’t get the job with Echo. – What? | -我没得到E队的职位 -什么 |
[34:52] | But you’re a shoo-in. | 但你是十拿九稳的候选人啊 |
[34:53] | Yeah, because of the investigation into Bravo, | 是 但因为对B队的调查 |
[34:55] | command didn’t even consider my application. | 指挥部根本没考虑我的申请 |
[34:58] | You’re kidding me. | 简直是搞笑 |
[35:01] | I mean, the trial’s over. | 审判都结束了 |
[35:03] | Jason was acquitted. | 杰森也被宣判无罪 |
[35:04] | Yeah, detailer said there’s not | 对 但助手说 |
[35:06] | gonna be another position open with DEVGRU | 海豹六队短期内 |
[35:08] | anytime soon. | 也不会有职位空缺 |
[35:11] | I’m stuck with Bravo. | 我只能留在B队了 |
[35:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:16] | So we’re back | 这么说我们要回到 |
[35:18] | to where we were a year ago, huh? | 一年前那样了 |
[35:25] | It’s Hannah. | 是汉娜 |
[35:26] | She-she had a… | 她有一个 |
[35:28] | a doc– | 和医生的 |
[35:30] | Doesn’t matter. | 不重要 |
[35:32] | It’s not exactly where we were a year ago. | 也不完全像一年前 |
[35:36] | Yeah. | 是 |
[35:43] | Is this another sign? | 这会是另一个征兆吗 |
[35:53] | Seems, you know… | 看起来 |
[35:56] | no matter how hard we try, | 不管我们多努力 |
[35:59] | the stars, they… | 星星们 |
[36:02] | they just don’t align. | 就是不能连在一起 |
[36:07] | When I was back in Texas, | 我在得州的时候 |
[36:10] | everyone mistook Hannah and I as a couple. | 所有人都误会我和汉娜是情侣 |
[36:14] | And here… | 在这里 |
[36:17] | nobody’s allowed to know what we have. | 却不能让任何人知道我们的感情有多深 |
[36:22] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[36:26] | No, it’s not. | 确实不公平 |
[36:33] | I don’t know how to fix this. | 我不知道怎么才能扭转这个局面 |
[36:42] | You know, if I had a nickel for every damn obstacle | 要是每次我们俩遇到该死的阻碍 |
[36:45] | that was thrown in our way… | 我都能得到五分钱的话 |
[36:48] | I think you just… | 我觉得 |
[36:51] | get to a point where there’s more reasons to break up | 我们已经到了更多应该分手 |
[36:55] | than stay together. | 而不是坚持在一起的地步 |
[37:04] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:24] | Like what you’ve done with the place. | 你把家里收拾成这样 我很喜欢 |
[37:27] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[37:27] | Sorry I changed so much without you. | 很抱歉你不在家我做了很多改动 |
[37:30] | I was… | 我就是 |
[37:32] | I was feeling motivated. | 我觉得特别有动力 |
[37:33] | No, it looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[37:35] | I’m glad that you approve. | 很高兴你没意见 |
[37:39] | Except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[37:40] | What? | 什么 |
[37:42] | What… | 怎么了 |
[37:46] | You don’t need to do that for me. | 你不需要为我这么做 |
[37:47] | I know. It’s for me, too. | 我知道 也是为了我自己 |
[37:52] | Bravo doesn’t need to loom over us all the time. | B队不用一直笼罩着我们 |
[38:05] | This is our place. | 这是我们的家 |
[38:08] | Only for us. | 只有我们 |
[38:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:27] | You know, babe, we should’ve just got a keg. | 宝贝 我们真应该搞一桶 |
[38:34] | I overheard what they were saying. | 我听到他们说的话了 |
[38:37] | About the trial being | 这次审讯是因为 |
[38:38] | about going after the person who tortured you. | 你们去抓捕折磨你的人 |
[38:41] | Some revenge mission. | 一个复仇任务 |
[38:44] | Jason was found innocent, babe. | 杰森被判无罪了 宝贝 |
[38:46] | That’s not what happened. | 事实不是那样的 |
[38:48] | Do you know how small it makes me feel | 当我知道你有事瞒着我的时候 |
[38:50] | hearing what you’ve kept from me? | 我感觉自己无足轻重 |
[38:52] | You said Jordan was just another op. | 你说约旦就是一次任务 |
[38:55] | I thought we shared everything. | 我以为我们无话不谈 |
[38:57] | I was protecting you, baby. | 我是在保护你 宝贝 |
[38:59] | Building a wall between us doesn’t protect me. | 在我们俩之间建堵墙保护不了我 |
[39:03] | It isolates you from this family. | 只会把你从这个家隔离出去 |
[39:07] | Look, I’m… | 听着 我 |
[39:11] | I’m here for you. | 我一直在你身边 |
[39:12] | Why won’t you let me in? | 为什么不让我走进你的世界 |
[39:20] | This is not how our marriage works. | 我们的婚姻不是这么维系的 |
[39:36] | You know, you could’ve stayed at the party | 你可以在派对上多待一会的 |
[39:38] | just a little bit longer with your old man. | 多陪你老爸一会 |
[39:41] | You needed to be with your brothers, | 你得和你兄弟们待在一起 |
[39:42] | and I figured things were gonna get a little rowdy | 鉴于他们的队长回来了 |
[39:44] | given they have their leader back. | 我想场面肯定会变得混乱 |
[39:46] | Well, real celebration is, uh, | 真正值得庆祝的是 |
[39:48] | being able to talk to you with no bars in between us. | 可以不用隔着栏杆跟你聊天 |
[39:52] | I’m glad you came. I really am. | 你能来我很高兴 真的 |
[39:54] | But I can, uh, handle things from here on out now. | 但从现在开始我可以自己处理事情 |
[39:57] | Of course you can. | 你当然可以了 |
[39:58] | You’re the strongest person I know. | 你是我见过最坚强的人 |
[40:00] | I’m just glad that you weren’t in that courtroom | 我只是很庆幸你没出现在法庭上 |
[40:02] | to hear all the horrible things that Flores had to say about me. | 听到弗洛雷斯形容我的那些难听的话 |
[40:05] | He was saying whatever it took to win, | 他为了赢什么都说得出口 |
[40:08] | fighting dirty. | 不择手段 |
[40:09] | Yeah. | 是 |
[40:11] | Always tried my best not to bring the war back home with me. | 我一直尽量不把战争带回家 |
[40:15] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[40:17] | this one was tough. | 这次还挺难 |
[40:19] | It stirred something up inside of me, | 勾起了我的一些回忆 |
[40:21] | just the horrors… | 我见过的 |
[40:24] | that I’ve seen and… | 和我做过的 |
[40:26] | things that I’ve done. | 那些可怕的事 |
[40:27] | You’re not a war criminal, Dad. | 你不是个战犯 爸 |
[40:29] | I’m not a hero, either. | 我也不是个英雄 |
[40:31] | Don’t need a jury to tell me that. | 不用陪审团说我也知道 |
[40:33] | You are to me. | 我认为你是英雄 |
[40:37] | And I’m not the only one who thinks so. | 也不是我一个人这么认为的 |
[40:41] | Even though you’re not facing sentencing, | 即使你不需要坐牢了 |
[40:43] | you should still see this “good sailor” book. | 你也应该看看这本”优秀海军”册 |
[40:46] | Ah, the book. Yeah. | 那本册子 |
[40:47] | Want me to read a letter? | 要我给你读一封信吗 |
[40:48] | I love when you read to me. | 我就喜欢你读给我听 |
[40:50] | Sure. | 好的 |
[40:53] | “I had the distinct honor | “我十分荣幸 |
[40:54] | “of serving alongside Master Chief Hayes for two years. | 能与海斯总士官长共同服役两年 |
[40:57] | “His leadership in the field is second to none, | 他的领导能力在战场上首屈一指 |
[40:59] | “and I have never known an operator | 我从未见过任何一个海军作战队员 |
[41:00] | “more committed to Navy.” | 像他那样尽忠尽职” |
[41:02] | That’s from someone named Theo Papadakis. | 这是西奥·帕帕扎基斯写的 |
[41:10] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[41:13] | That’s a blast from the past. | 一波回忆杀 |
[41:15] | I don’t remember you ever mentioning him. | 我不记得你提到过他 |
[41:19] | Yeah. Well, you know, you were… | 这还是你在 |
[41:22] | You were in your poo-poo diapers. | 你还在穿尿布的时候 |
[41:24] | How old do you think I am? | 你以为我现在多大 |
[41:26] | He writes he got out eight years ago. | 他说他是在八年前退出的 |
[41:27] | You were young. | 你当时还小 |
[41:28] | He got an injury and… | 他受伤了 |
[41:31] | left Bravo Team. I… | 离开了B队 |
[41:33] | I haven’t seen him since. | 从那之后就再没见过 |
[41:34] | Doesn’t seem to have changed his mind | 那也没有改变 |
[41:36] | about what kind of man you are. | 他对你这个人的看法 |
[41:39] | Yeah. | 是啊 |