时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Do you know what this is all about? Know why we’re here? | 你们知道这是怎么回事吗? 知道我们为什么相聚一堂? |
[00:05] | To be out. This is out. | 外出 这就是外出 |
[00:06] | Out is one of the single most enjoyable experiences of life. | 外出是人生历程中 最令人愉快的体验之一 |
[00:10] | Know how people talk about “We should go out”? | 知道人们是怎么谈论 “我们应该外出”的吗? |
[00:12] | This is what they’re talking about. | 他们就是这么说的 |
[00:14] | This whole thing. We’re all out now. | 这件事就是 我们现在都在外面 |
[00:16] | No one is home. | 没人在家 |
[00:18] | Not one person here is home. We’re all out. | 这里没人在家 我们都在外面 |
[00:20] | There are people trying to find us. They don’t know where we are. | 人们想找我们 但他们不知道我们在哪 |
[00:24] | “Did you re…? I can’t find him. Where did he go? | “你回…?我找不到他 他去哪儿了? |
[00:26] | He didn’t tell me where he was going. He must have gone out.” | 他没告诉过我要去哪儿 他一定是出去了” |
[00:30] | You wanna go out. You get ready, you pick out the clothes, right? | 你想外出 得准备好 选好衣服 对吧? |
[00:33] | You take the shower, get all ready… | 洗个澡儿 准备充分… |
[00:35] | …get the cash, get your friends, the car, the spot, the reservation. | 带上钱 叫上朋友 准备好车 选好目的地 预定好房间 |
[00:38] | Then you stand around. What do you do? | 然后楞住了 你该干什么呢? |
[00:40] | You go, “We gotta be getting back.” | 你说“我们该准备回去了” |
[00:43] | Once you’re out, you wanna get back. | 一旦你出去了 你就想回去 |
[00:45] | You wanna go to sleep, you wanna get up, wanna go out again tomorrow. | 你想睡觉 然后起床 明天继续外出 |
[00:49] | Wherever you are in life… | 无论你处在哪个生活阶段 |
[00:50] | …it’s my feeling, you’ve gotta go. | 我的感觉是 你得出去 宋飞正传 第一集 第0集 |
[00:59] | See, to me, that button’s in the worst possible spot. | 我看来 那个纽扣的位置糟透了 |
[01:01] | The second button literally makes or breaks the shirt. | 第二个纽扣可以决定一件衬衫的好坏 |
[01:04] | Look at it. It’s too high. | 你瞧瞧 它太高了 |
[01:06] | It’s in no man’s land. You look like you live with your mother. | 那是无人区域 你看起来像和你妈妈一起住 |
[01:09] | Are you through? | 说完了吗? |
[01:10] | You do, of course, try on when you buy. | 当然 你买的时候肯定试穿了吧? |
[01:12] | Yes, it was purple. I liked it. | 当然 紫色的 我喜欢 |
[01:14] | I don’t actually recall considering the buttons. | 我真的没想过考虑纽扣 |
[01:17] | Oh, you don’t recall. | 哦 你没想过 |
[01:19] | No, not at this time. | 不 这次不是 |
[01:21] | Senator, I’d like to know what you knew and when you knew it. | 参议员先生 我想知道 你所知道的事 何时所知 |
[01:24] | Mr. Seinfeld, Mr. Costanza. | 宋飞先生 Costanza先生 |
[01:27] | Are you sure this is decaf? | 你确定这咖啡不含咖啡因吗? |
[01:28] | Where’s the orange indicator? | 橙色指示器呢? |
[01:29] | It’s missing. I have to do it in my head. | 丢了 我都记在脑子里了 |
[01:32] | Decaf left, regular right. | 无咖啡因的左边 普通的右边 |
[01:35] | Decaf left, regular right. | 无咖啡因的左边 普通的右边 |
[01:37] | It’s very challenging work. | 这工作很具挑战性 |
[01:41] | Can you relax? It’s a cup of coffee. | 能放松点儿吗?只是一杯咖啡 |
[01:43] | – Claire’s a professional waitress. – Trust me, George. | – Claire可是职业服务生 – 相信我 乔治 |
[01:46] | No one has any interest in seeing you on caffeine. | 没人想让你喝带咖啡因的 |
[01:51] | How come you’re not doing the second show tomorrow? | 明天的第二次节目你怎么不做了? |
[01:53] | Well, there’s this woman who might be coming in. | 可能有个女人要来拜访我 |
[01:56] | Wait a second. Wait a second. | 等会儿 等会儿 |
[01:58] | What coming in? What woman’s coming in? | 谁要来?什么女人要来? |
[02:00] | I told you about Laura, the girl I met in Michigan. | 我和你说过劳拉 那个我在密歇根遇到的女孩 |
[02:02] | – You didn’t. – I thought I told you about her. | – 没说过 – 我以为告诉过你 |
[02:04] | Yeah. She teaches political science… | 她是教政治的 |
[02:06] | …I met her the night I did the show in Lansing. | 我在兰辛做节目时遇见她的 |
[02:09] | – There’s no milk in here. – Wait. | – 没牛奶了 – 等会儿 等会儿 |
[02:11] | What is she… What is she like? | 她…她人怎么样? |
[02:13] | Oh, she’s really great. She’s got a real warmth about her. | 她棒极了 很热心 |
[02:16] | And she’s really bright and really pretty. | 很聪明 很漂亮 |
[02:19] | And the conversation, though, I mean, it was… | 但 我们谈话 就像… |
[02:22] | Talking with her was like talking with you… | 和她说话就像和你说话一样 |
[02:24] | …but, you know, obviously much better. | 但 你知道的 显然比你好很多 |
[02:27] | So, you know, what happened? | 那 发生什么了? |
[02:29] | Well, nothing happened. But it was great. | 呃 没什么 但很棒 |
[02:31] | Nothing happened, but it was… This is great. | 没什么 但很… 棒极了 |
[02:33] | – Yeah. – So, you know… | – 没错 – 那 你知道的… |
[02:35] | …she called and said she wants to go out? | 她打电话说想约你出去? |
[02:37] | God bless. You devil, you. | 上帝保佑 你个坏蛋 |
[02:40] | Yeah. Well, not exactly. | 没错 但不完全对 |
[02:42] | I mean, she said… She called this morning and said… | 我是说 她说… 她今早打电话说 |
[02:44] | …she had to come in for a seminar, maybe we’d get together. | 她必须来参加研讨会 也许我们能聚聚 |
[02:49] | “Had to”? | “必须”? |
[02:50] | – “Had to come in”? – Yeah, but… | – “必须参加”? – 没错 但… |
[02:52] | – “Had to come in”? – Yeah, but… | – “必须参加”? – 没错 但… |
[02:54] | “And maybe we’ll get together”? | “也许能聚聚”? |
[02:55] | “Had to” and “maybe”? | “必须”加“也许”? |
[02:57] | – Yeah. – No, no. | – 没错 – 不 不 |
[02:59] | I hate to tell you this. You’re not gonna see her. | 我真不忍心告诉你 你见不到这女人了 |
[03:01] | What? Are you serious? Why did she call? | 什么?你认真的? 那她为什么打电话? |
[03:03] | What do I know? Maybe she wanted to be polite. | 我怎么知道? 也许她想表达下礼貌 |
[03:06] | To be polite? | 礼貌? |
[03:08] | – You are insane. – All right. | – 你疯了 – 好吧 好吧 |
[03:10] | I didn’t want to tell you. Wanna know why she called? | 我不想告诉你这些 你想知道她为什么打电话吗? |
[03:12] | You’re a backup. | 你是后备的 |
[03:14] | You’re a second line, a “just in case”… | 你是二线选手 “以防万一” |
[03:17] | …a B plan, a contingency. | B计划 附带情况 |
[03:20] | Oh, I get it. This is about the button. | 我明白了 这和那纽扣有关 |
[03:23] | Claire. Claire, you’re a woman, right? | 克莱尔 克莱尔 你是女人 对吧? |
[03:26] | What gave it away, George? | 从哪里看出来的 乔治? |
[03:28] | I’d like to ask you… | 我想问问你 |
[03:30] | Ask you to analyze a hypothetical phone call, you know… | 请你分析下一通假想的电话 |
[03:33] | …from a female point of view. – Oh, come on. | – 从女性的角度出发 – 得了吧 |
[03:35] | What are you asking her? Now, how’s she gonna know? | 你打算问她什么? 她怎么知道? |
[03:38] | Now, a woman calls me, right? | 一个女人给我打电话 明白? |
[03:40] | She says she has to… | 她说她不得不… |
[03:43] | …come to New York on business… – You’re beautiful. | – 因公事来纽约… – 你太棒了 |
[03:46] | And maybe… | 也许… |
[03:47] | …she’ll see me when she gets in. | 当她过来时 她会找我 |
[03:49] | Does this woman intend to spend time with me? | 这个女人真的想来找我吗? |
[03:51] | I’d have to say no. | 我得说 不 |
[03:57] | So why did she call? | 那她为什么打电话? |
[03:59] | – Be polite. – To be polite. | – 出于礼貌 – 出于礼貌 |
[04:01] | – I rest my case. – Good, good. Did you have fun? | – 休庭 – 好 好 你满意了? |
[04:03] | You have no idea what you’re talking about. Come with me. | 你不知道自己在说什么 跟我来 |
[04:06] | I gotta go get my stuff out of the dryer. | 我正好要去取洗完的衣服 |
[04:08] | – I’m not gonna watch you do laundry. – Oh, come on. Be a “come-with” guy. | – 我可不想看你洗衣服 – 哦 拜托 做个“伴儿” |
[04:11] | Come on. I’m tired. | 得了吧 我累了 |
[04:13] | Don’t worry. I gave him a little caffeine. | 别担心 我给他加了点儿咖啡因 |
[04:15] | – He’ll perk up. – Right. I knew I felt something. | – 他会振奋的 – 没错 我感觉不对劲 |
[04:22] | Jerry, I have to tell you something. | 杰瑞 我得和你说件事 |
[04:27] | This is the dullest moment I’ve ever experienced. | 这是我有生以来最无聊的时刻 |
[04:34] | Oh, look at this guy. | 瞧瞧这家伙 |
[04:36] | Look, he’s got everything. He’s got detergents, sprays… | 瞧 他什么都有 他有清洁剂 喷雾剂… |
[04:39] | …fabric softener. This is not his first load. | 织品软化剂 他不是第一次来 |
[04:44] | I need a break, Jerry. I gotta get out of the city. | 我得休息下 杰瑞 我得出城走走 |
[04:46] | – I feel so cramped… – You didn’t hear how she sounded. | – 我感觉很难受… – 你没听过她的语调 |
[04:50] | – What? – Laura. | – 什么? – 劳拉 |
[04:52] | I can’t believe… We already discussed this. | 难以置信 这事儿我们已经讨论过了 |
[04:55] | Yeah, but how could you be so sure? | 没错 但你怎么这么确定? |
[04:57] | Because it’s signals, Jerry. It’s signals. Don’t you…? | 因为这是暗示 杰瑞 暗示 难道你…? |
[05:03] | All right. Did she even ask you what you were doing tomorrow night… | 好吧 她问过你明晚干什么吗? |
[05:06] | …if you were busy? – No. | – 问过你忙不忙吗? – 没有 |
[05:08] | She calls you today, she doesn’t make a plan for tomorrow? | 她今天给你打电话 都没做明天的计划? |
[05:11] | – What is that? It’s Saturday night. – Yeah. | – 这算什么?周末哎 – 没错 |
[05:13] | What is that? It’s ridiculous. | 这算什么?无稽之谈 |
[05:15] | You don’t even know what hotel she’s staying at. | 你甚至不知道她住那个旅馆 |
[05:18] | You can’t call her. That’s a signal, Jerry. | 你不能给她电话 这也是暗示 杰瑞 |
[05:20] | That’s a signal. Signal. | 这就是暗示 暗示 |
[05:25] | – Maybe you’re right. – Maybe I’m right? | – 也许你是对的? – 也许我对? |
[05:27] | Of course I’m right. | 我当然对 |
[05:30] | This is insane. | 真荒唐 |
[05:31] | You know, I don’t even know where she’s staying. | 我甚至不知道她住哪儿 |
[05:34] | She’s not gonna call me. | 她不会给我电话的 |
[05:35] | – This is unbelievable. – I know, I know. It’s tough. | – 难以置信 – 我知道 我知道 这很难受 |
[05:39] | Listen, your stuff has to be done by now. | 听着 现在你的衣服应该洗好了 |
[05:41] | Why don’t you just see if it’s dry. | 你为什么不去看看衣服吃了没 |
[05:42] | No, no, no. Don’t interrupt the cycle. | 不 不 不 别打断它的流程 |
[05:45] | The machine is working. It knows what it’s doing. Just let it finish. | 机器还在转 它自己知道 让它自己停 |
[05:49] | – You’re gonna overdry it. – You can’t overdry. | – 你的衣服会干过头的 – 不可能干过头 |
[05:52] | – Why not? – Same reason you can’t overwet. | – 为什么? – 就像你不能让它们湿过头一样 |
[05:55] | You see, once something is wet, it’s wet. | 你看 东西一旦湿了 就是湿了 |
[05:58] | Same thing with death. | 就像死亡一样 |
[06:00] | Like, once you die, you’re dead. Right? | 就像 一旦你死了 就是死了 对吧? |
[06:02] | Let’s say you drop dead and I shoot you. | 假如说你暴死过去 然后我给你一枪 |
[06:04] | You’re not gonna die again. You’re already dead. | 你不会再死一遍 你已经死了 |
[06:07] | You can’t “overdie,” you can’t overdry. | 你不能“死过头” 衣服也就不能干过头 |
[06:12] | Any questions? | 有问题吗? |
[06:18] | How could she not tell me where she was staying? | 她怎么能不告诉我住哪儿呢? |
[06:26] | Look at that. They’re done. | Look at that. 快看 烘干了 快看 |
[06:30] | Laundry day is the only exciting day… | 洗衣服那天是衣服们一生中 |
[06:33] | …in the life of clothes. | 最兴奋的一天 |
[06:35] | It is. No, think about it. The washing machine… | 确实 别笑 仔细想想 洗衣机… |
[06:38] | …is the nightclub of clothes. | 就想衣服们的夜总会 |
[06:40] | You know, it’s dark, there’s bubbles happening… | 里面很昏暗 而且有泡泡… |
[06:42] | …they’re all kind of dancing around in there. | 它们在里面活蹦乱跳 |
[06:45] | A shirt grabs the underwear. “Come on, babe. Let’s go.” | 衬衫拽着内裤说 “快点儿 宝贝 我们走” |
[06:49] | You come by, open up the lid and they all… | 你路过之后 打开盖子 然后它们都… |
[06:54] | Socks are the most amazing article of clothing. | 袜子是衣服们中最兴奋的 |
[06:56] | They hate their lives. They’re with stinky feet… | 它们讨厌自己的生活 天天与臭脚… |
[06:59] | …the boring drawers. | 无聊的抽屉相伴 |
[07:01] | The dryer is their only chance to escape and they all know it. | 烘衣机是它们逃脱的唯一机会 它们都知道 |
[07:05] | They do escape from the dryer. They plan it in the hamper… | 它们真能从烘衣机逃脱 它们前一天就在篮子里盘算 |
[07:07] | …the night before. “Tomorrow, the dryer, I’m going. | “明天 烘衣机 我要逃了” |
[07:12] | You wait here.” | “你等着” |
[07:14] | The dryer door swings open, the sock is waiting up against the side wall. | 烘衣机门打开之后 袜子紧紧的贴在内壁上等待 |
[07:21] | He hopes you don’t see him, then he goes down the road. | 他希望你看不见他 然后他就一溜烟走了 |
[07:25] | They get buttons sewn on their face, join a puppet show. | 它们在身上缝了纽扣 去参加木偶剧 |
[07:29] | So they’re showing me on television… | 我在电视上看到… |
[07:31] | …the detergents getting out bloodstains. | 清洁剂把血迹都洗掉了 |
[07:34] | Is this a violent image to anybody? Bloodstains? | 这对大家算暴力画面吗? 血迹? |
[07:38] | Come on. You got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it… | 拜托 你的T恤上满是血迹 |
[07:40] | …maybe laundry isn’t your biggest problem right now. | 也许现在洗衣服 不是你最大的麻烦了 |
[07:45] | Maybe you ought to get the harpoon out of your chest first. | 也许你得先把鱼叉 从胸口拔出来 |
[08:11] | If you know what happened in the Met game, don’t tell me. I taped it. Hello. | 如果你看了大都会队的比赛 别告诉我 我录下来 你好 |
[08:16] | Yeah. No, I’m sorry. You have the wrong number. | 不是 对不起 你打错了 |
[08:19] | Yeah. No… | 对 不是 |
[08:22] | – Yeah. – You up? | – 进来 – 还没睡? |
[08:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:25] | People do move. | 人们经常搬家的 |
[08:26] | Have you ever seen the big trucks out on the street? | 你见过路上的大卡车吗? |
[08:30] | Yeah, no problem. | 没关系 |
[08:31] | – Boy, the Mets blew it tonight, huh? – Oh, what are you doing? | – 伙计 大都会今晚搞砸了 嗯? – 哦 你干什么? |
[08:36] | Kessler, it’s a tape. I taped the game. | 凯斯勒 这是录像 我录下来了 |
[08:39] | It’s 1:00 in the morning. | 现在是凌晨一点 |
[08:41] | I avoided human contact all night to watch this. | 我整晚没出门就是为了看比赛 |
[08:45] | Hey, I’m sorry. You know, I thought you knew. | 嘿 对不起 我以为你知道结果呢 |
[08:50] | You got any meat? | 你有肉吗? |
[08:52] | Meat? | 肉? |
[08:55] | I don’t know. Go hunt. | 不知道 自己去找 |
[09:04] | Well, what happened in the game, anyway? | 那比赛到底怎么样? |
[09:07] | What happened? | 怎么样? |
[09:08] | Well, they stunk! That’s what happened. | 他们打的很烂! 就这样 |
[09:15] | You know I almost wound up going to that game? | 你知道我差点儿就去看比赛了? |
[09:18] | You almost went to the game. You haven’t left the building in 10 years. | 你差点儿去看比赛 你都10年没离开这幢楼了 |
[09:22] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:57] | – You done with this? – No. | – 你看完了吗? – 没有 |
[10:10] | – When you’re done, let me know. – Yeah, yeah. | – 你看完之后 告诉我 – 好的 好的 |
[10:12] | You can have it tomorrow. | 你可以明天来拿 |
[10:15] | I thought I wasn’t allowed to be in here this weekend. | 我以为这周末你都不允许我来了呢 |
[10:18] | No, it’s okay now. That girl’s not coming. | 不 现在没关系了 那个女孩不来了 |
[10:21] | I misread the whole thing. | 这事是我理解错误 |
[10:25] | You want me to talk to her? | 你想让我找她谈谈吗? |
[10:29] | I don’t think so. | 不用了 |
[10:31] | No, I can be very persuasive. | 别 我是很有说服力的 |
[10:34] | You know that I was almost a lawyer? | 你知道我差点儿就当上律师? |
[10:37] | That close, huh? | 差一点儿 嗯? |
[10:39] | You better believe it. | 你要相信事实 |
[10:45] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:46] | Oh, hi, Laura. | 噢 嗨 劳拉 |
[10:48] | – Oh, give me it. Let me talk. – No. What’s up? | – 噢 给我 让我来 – 不 怎么了? |
[10:51] | – Well, let me talk to her. – I’m always up at this hour. | – 呃 给我让我和她说 – 通常这个时间我都还没睡 |
[10:54] | How are you? Great. | 你怎么样? 好极了 |
[10:57] | Sure. | 当然 |
[10:59] | What time does the plane get in? | 飞机几点到? |
[11:01] | – I’ll get my friend George to take me. – Now slide! | – 我让我朋友乔治带我去 – 滑啊! |
[11:04] | Out. Do you believe that? | 出局了 真难以置信 |
[11:07] | It’s just my neighbor. | 只是我一个邻居 |
[11:10] | Yeah, I got it. 10: 15. | 好 我知道了 10: 15 |
[11:12] | No, don’t be silly. Go ahead and ask. | 不 没事 问吧 |
[11:16] | Yeah, sure. | 是 当然 |
[11:19] | Okay, great. No, no. It’s no trouble at all. | 没问题 太好了 不 不 真的不麻烦 |
[11:22] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[11:24] | Great. Bye. | 好 拜拜 |
[11:26] | I don’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[11:28] | That was her. She wants to stay here. | 是她哎 她想住这里 |
[11:42] | If my father moved this, he’d have a cigarette… | 如果是我爸爸搬 他肯定会… |
[11:44] | …in his mouth the whole way. “Have you got your end? | – …一路叼着烟 – 你可以放下了吗? |
[11:46] | Your end’s got to come down first. Easy, now. Drop it down. | 你先放下你那头 慢点 慢点 放吧 |
[11:49] | Drop it down. Your end’s gotta come down.” | 放下 你那头可以放下了 |
[11:52] | You know, I can’t believe you’re bringing in an extra bed… | 知道吗 你干嘛要弄个床回来… |
[11:54] | …for a woman that wants to sleep with you. | …人家想和你一起睡哎 |
[11:56] | Why don’t you bring in an extra guy too. | 你干嘛不再弄个男人回来 |
[12:00] | Look, it’s a very awkward situation. | 是啊 多尴尬的场景啊 |
[12:02] | – I don’t wanna be presumptuous. – All right. | – 我不想表现的很冒昧 – 随你 |
[12:04] | One more time. One more time. | 我再问一次 再问一次 |
[12:06] | What was the exact phrasing of the request? | 她当时到底是怎么说的? |
[12:10] | All right. She said she couldn’t find a decent hotel room. | 好吧 她说她订不到合适的房间 |
[12:13] | – A decent hotel room. – Yeah, a decent hotel room. | – 合适的房间 – 是的 合适的房间 |
[12:16] | Would it be terribly inconvenient if she stayed at my place? | 如果住在我这里会不会造成我的不便? |
[12:19] | You can’t be serious. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[12:21] | This is New York City. There must be 11 million decent hotel rooms. | 这里是纽约哎 至少有1000多万个酒店房间吧 |
[12:26] | What do you need, a flag? | 你还要多么明显啊 一面小旗? |
[12:28] | This is the signal, Jerry. | 这是我的信号 杰瑞 |
[12:29] | – This is the signal. | – This is the signal. – 这是信号 – 这是信号 |
[12:33] | Thank you, Mr. Signal. Where were you yesterday? | 谢谢啊 信号先生 你昨天人呢? |
[12:35] | I think I was affected by the caffeine. | 我想我是被咖啡因弄晕头了 |
[12:38] | Good dog. Good dog. All right. | 好孩子 好孩子 好… |
[12:41] | Hey, he really likes you, George. | 嘿 它真的很喜欢你 乔治 |
[12:43] | Well, that’s flattering. | 哦 这真恭维 |
[12:47] | He’s getting a drink of water. | 它去找水喝去了 |
[12:53] | – Is this for that girl? – Yeah. | – 这是给那个女孩准备的? – 嗯 |
[12:56] | – Why even give her an option? – This is a person I like. | – 干嘛要给她选择? – 她是我喜欢的人 |
[12:59] | It’s not how to score on spring break. | 而不是如何在放春假时钓到马子 |
[13:02] | Can we go? I’m double-parked. I’m gonna get a ticket. | 我们能走了吗? 我占了两个车位 会被开罚单的 |
[13:04] | Yeah, okay. Wait a second. I forgot to clean the bathroom. | 嗯 好的 等一下 我忘记收拾一下浴室了 |
[13:07] | So what? That’s good. | 没啥啊? 挺好的啊 |
[13:09] | – How could that be good? – Because filth is good. | – 怎么会挺好的? – 越脏越好啊 |
[13:12] | What do you think, rock stars have sponges and ammonia… | 你想什么呢 摇滚明星 浴室地板上… |
[13:14] | …lying around the bathroom? | …到处都是海绵和氨水? |
[13:16] | You think they have a woman coming over, “I gotta tidy up”? | 你觉得女人要去他们房间时 他会说 “我得收拾收拾”? |
[13:18] | In these matters, you never do what instincts tell you. | 在这种情况下 你绝不能按照直觉来 |
[13:21] | Always, always do the opposite. | 一定 一定 要反着来 |
[13:23] | – This is how you operate? – Yeah, I wish. | – 你一直都是这样? – 是 我希望 |
[13:26] | – Let me just wipe the sink. – Why even give her an option for? | – 我至少把污水槽擦一擦 – 干嘛要给她选择? |
[13:31] | – It’s unbelievable. – Yeah. | – 真难以置信 – 是啊 |
[13:37] | How’s the real estate business? | 你房地产做的怎么样了? |
[13:41] | It’s not bad. It’s coming along. | 还行 走一步算一步 |
[13:45] | Why, did you need something? | 为啥 你需要啥? |
[13:48] | You handle any of that commercial… | 你有没有一些商业化的… |
[13:50] | …real estate that…? | …房地产…? |
[13:54] | Well, I might be getting into that. | 呃 我想我可能会的… |
[13:56] | – You keep me posted. – I’m aware of you. All right, let’s go. | – 我们保持联系 – 我知道了 好吧 我们走吧 |
[14:00] | Let’s go. You’re on-stage in 25 minutes. | 我们走 你25分钟后要上台演出 |
[14:04] | The dating world is not a fun world. | 约会的世界不是个好玩的世界 |
[14:08] | It’s a pressure world. | 是个有压力的世界 |
[14:10] | It’s a world of tension, it’s a world of pain. | 紧张的世界 痛苦的世界 |
[14:12] | If a woman comes over to my house, I gotta get that bathroom ready… | 如果有女人来我家里 我必须要把浴室准备好… |
[14:15] | …because she needs things. I don’t know what. | …因为她需要 女人需要一些工具 但我不了解 |
[14:18] | I know I don’t have it, I know that. | 我知道我没有那些工具 我知道的 |
[14:20] | You know what they need? Women need cotton balls. | 你们知道她们需要什么? 女人需要棉球 |
[14:22] | This is one… Always been one of the most amazing things to me. | 这是… 对我来说最不可思议的事情 |
[14:26] | I have no cotton balls. We’re all human beings. | 我没有棉球 我们都是人 |
[14:28] | What is the story? I’ve never had one… | 为什么会这样? 我从来没有过一块棉球… |
[14:31] | …I never bought one, I never needed one. | …从没借过 从没需要过 |
[14:33] | I’ve never been in a situation where I thought to myself: | 我从未有过这种情况 我会对自己说: |
[14:36] | “I could use a cotton ball right now. | “我现在该需要用一块棉球了 |
[14:38] | I could certainly get out of this mess.” | 就能搞定这一堆乱七八糟了” |
[14:41] | Women need them. And they don’t need one or two. | 女人需要它们 她们需要的不仅仅是一个或两个 |
[14:44] | They need thousands of them. They need bags. | 她们需要成千上万的棉球 一包又一包 |
[14:46] | They’re like peat moss bags. Have you ever seen these giant bags? | 她们喜欢塑料包装的 你们有人见过那些巨大的包装袋吗? |
[14:50] | They’re huge… | 非常巨大… |
[14:51] | …and two days later, they’re out. They’re gone. The bag is empty. | …然后两天后 没了 用完了 袋子空了 |
[14:54] | Where are the cotton balls, ladies? What are you doing with them? | 棉球呢 女士们? 你们都做了些什么? |
[14:57] | The only time I ever see them is in the bottom of wastebaskets. | 只有当它们进了废纸篓后 我才会看见它们 |
[15:00] | Two or three look like they’ve been through some horrible experience. | 有两三个看起来经历了很可怕的事情 |
[15:05] | Tortured, interrogated, I don’t know what happened to them. | 被折磨 被蹂躏 我不知道发生了什么 |
[15:08] | I once went out with a girl, she left a little bag of cotton balls at my house. | 有一次我和一个女孩出去 她把一包棉球忘在了我家 |
[15:12] | I didn’t know what to do. I put them on the floor like little tumbleweeds. | 我不知道该怎么办 我把它们丢在地上看起来像是风滚草 |
[15:16] | I thought cockroaches would see it… | 我想也许蟑螂们可以看见… |
[15:18] | …figure, “This is a dead town. Let’s move on.” | …会想 “这里是郊区 我们继续走吧” |
[15:21] | The dating world is a world of pressure. | 约会的世界是个压力的世界 |
[15:23] | Let’s face it, a date is a job interview that lasts all night. | 让我们面对吧 约会就像是整晚的在应聘工作 |
[15:27] | The difference between a date and job interview is… | 应聘和约会唯一不同的是… |
[15:29] | …not many interviews is there a chance you’ll end up naked at the end. | …不是全部的应聘者最后会变裸体 |
[15:33] | You know, ” Bill, the boss thinks you’re the man for the position… | 你知道 ” 比尔 老板觉得你可以… |
[15:36] | …strip down and meet the people you’ll be working with.” | …剥光了躺下一起和别人谈谈工作的事” |
[15:43] | Wouldn’t it be great if you could ask a woman what she’s thinking? | 如果可以直接问一个女人 她在想什么该有多好? |
[15:47] | What a world it would be if you could just ask a woman what she’s thinking. | 如果可以直接问一个女人她在想什么 那会是多好的世界啊 |
[15:50] | You know, instead I’m like a detective. I gotta pick up clues. | 可是 相反的 我得做个侦探 寻找线索 |
[15:53] | The whole thing’s a murder investigation. | 所有的事情都是一个谋杀案的调查 |
[15:56] | Listen, don’t get worked up. You’re gonna know the whole story… | 听着 别太紧张了 你会搞明白的… |
[15:59] | …the minute she steps off. – Really, how? | – …就在她一下飞机的一瞬间 – 真的 怎样的? |
[16:01] | It’s all in the greeting. All right. | 一切都在打招呼里 |
[16:03] | If she puts the bags down before she greets you, that’s a good sign. | 如果 她在和你打招呼之前 放下了手里的包 这是好兆头 |
[16:06] | – Anything in the lip area is good. – Lip area. | – 嘴唇部位如果有什么东西 也是好兆头 – 嘴唇部位 |
[16:09] | – A hug, definitely good. – Hug is definitely good. | – 拥抱 肯定是好事 – 拥抱 肯定是好事 |
[16:11] | What if it’s one of those hugs where the shoulders touch… | 如果拥抱只是碰一下肩膀… |
[16:14] | …the hips are eight feet apart? – Brutal. | …屁股却离了八丈远呢? – 太惨了 |
[16:16] | – You know how they do that? – Also, a shake is bad. | – 你知道他们怎么做到的吗? – 还有 握手也不好 |
[16:19] | Shake is bad. But what if it’s the two-hander? | 握手不好 但如果是两只手呢? |
[16:21] | Hand on bottom, hand on top. The warm look in the eyes. | 一只在上 一只在下 满是温柔的眼神 |
[16:23] | – Hand sandwich? – Right. | – 夹手汉堡包? – 没错 |
[16:25] | It’s open to interpretation. So much depends on the layering… | 这见仁见智 这还要取决于几层… |
[16:28] | …the quality of the wetness in the eyes… | …还有湿润的程度 我是只眼睛… |
[16:30] | – Guess who. – Hey, hey. He… | – 猜猜我是谁 – 嘿 嘿… |
[16:32] | – Hey, hey. | – Hey, hey. – 嘿 嘿 – 嘿 嘿 |
[16:39] | – It’s good to see you. – Hi. | – 见到你真好 – 嗨 |
[16:41] | – This is my friend George. – Oh, hi. | – 这是我朋友 乔治 – 哦 嗨 |
[16:43] | – How are you? – This is Laura. | – 你好啊? – 这是 劳拉 |
[16:45] | – Sure, Laura, sure. – I can’t believe you’re here. | – 当然 劳拉 当然 – 真不敢相信 你真的来了 |
[16:51] | – Get the bags. – Yeah, sure, the bags. | – 拿包 – 哦 对 拿包 |
[16:53] | – Here, Laura. I’m sorry. – Oh, thank you. | – 这个 抱歉 劳拉 – 噢 谢谢 |
[16:55] | That was an interesting greeting. Notice that, George? | 真是有趣的打招呼方式 注意到没 乔治? |
[16:57] | Yes, the surprise blindfold greeting. | 对让人惊喜的蒙眼睛打招呼 |
[17:00] | That wasn’t in the manual. | 这个不在手册里 |
[17:03] | So… | 所以… |
[17:05] | …what do you think? | …觉得如何? |
[17:09] | This place isn’t so bad. | 这个地方还不错 |
[17:10] | Yeah, it kind of motivates me to work on the road. | 是啊 一直推动着我要努力工作 |
[17:15] | So make yourself at home. | 随意一些吧 |
[17:34] | So can I get you anything? | 想来点什么? |
[17:37] | Bread, water… | 面包 水… |
[17:39] | …salad dressing? | …沙拉酱? |
[17:41] | Actually, do you have any wine? | 有红酒吗? |
[17:45] | Yeah, I think I do. | 是的 有 |
[17:51] | Do you mind if I turn this down? | 介意我把这个关掉吗? |
[17:54] | No. Yeah, go… Go right ahead. Yeah. | 不 当然不介意… |
[18:00] | Jerry, I was wondering… | 杰瑞 我在想… |
[18:02] | …would it be possible, and if it’s not, fine… | …有没有可能 不过不行 也没关系… |
[18:05] | …for me to stay here tomorrow night too? | …让我明晚也住在这里? |
[18:09] | Yeah. Yeah, sure. Yeah, why don’t you stay. | 是 是 当然 当然 为什么不能 |
[18:12] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:14] | What is your schedule for tomorrow? | 明天又什么计划? |
[18:17] | Are you doing anything? | 有事情吗? |
[18:18] | No, I’d love to do something. | 我想做点事情 |
[18:20] | I have my seminar in the morning, but after I’m wide open. | 早上我有个研讨会 不过之后就没事情做了 |
[18:22] | Really? What would you like to do? | 是吗? 你想做什么? |
[18:24] | Well… | 唔… |
[18:26] | …I know this sounds touristy, but I’d love to go on one of those… | …我知道听起来可能像是来旅游的 我想坐… |
[18:29] | …five-hour boat rides around Manhattan. | …5个小时的曼哈顿观光游艇 |
[18:32] | Yeah, we could do that. | 哦 是 没问题 |
[18:35] | Why not? Why not? | 干嘛不呢? 干嘛不呢? |
[18:38] | I’m just… I’m really glad you’re here. | 我只是… 真的很高兴你能来 |
[18:44] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:48] | Yes, she is. Hold on. | 是的 她在 |
[18:51] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[18:54] | Hello? | 喂? |
[18:56] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:57] | No, no. It was great, right on time. | 不 不 没事 准时到了 |
[19:00] | No, I’m gonna stay here tomorrow. | 不 我明天晚上还住这里 |
[19:03] | Yes. Yes, it’s fine. | 是的 是的 没问题 |
[19:05] | No, we’re going on a boat ride. | 不 我们明天准备去坐船 |
[19:09] | Don’t be silly. | 别傻了 |
[19:12] | I’m not gonna have this conversation. | 我不会谈这个的 |
[19:15] | Look, I’ll call you tomorrow. | 听着 我明天再打给你 |
[19:17] | Okay. Bye. | 好 拜拜 |
[19:19] | Never get engaged. | 千万别订婚 |
[19:24] | You’re engaged? | 你订婚了? |
[19:25] | You know, you really have no idea what it’s like until you do it. | 直到发生了才会知道是什么感觉 |
[19:29] | I’m on this emotional roller coaster. | 就像是做情感的过山车 |
[19:31] | You’re engaged? | 你订婚了? |
[19:32] | You know, I can’t believe it myself sometimes. | 你知道吗 有时候我都不相信我自己 |
[19:35] | You have to start thinking in terms of “we.” | 凡事你都要站在”我们”的角度考虑问题 |
[19:38] | – It’s a very stressful situation. – You’re engaged. | – 真的是压力很大 – 你订婚了 |
[19:41] | – Yeah, he’s a great guy. – Yeah. | – 是的 他是个好人 – 是啊 |
[19:43] | You’d really like him. | 你肯定会喜欢他的 |
[19:45] | – I can’t wait to get on that boat. – Me too. | – 我真是等不及要坐船了 – 我更是 |
[19:50] | I swear, I have absolutely no idea what women are thinking. | 我发誓 我根本不知道女人都在想些什么 |
[19:53] | I don’t get it, okay? I admit, I’m not getting the signals. | 我理解不了? 我承认 我没有接到信号 |
[19:57] | I am not getting it. | 我理解不了 |
[19:59] | Women, they’re so subtle. Their little… Everything they do is subtle. | 女人 她们很微妙 有点儿… 她们做任何事情都很微妙 |
[20:04] | Men are not subtle. We are obvious. | 男人不微妙 男人直接 |
[20:07] | Women know what men want, men know what men want. | 女人知道男人想要什么 男人知道男人想要什么 |
[20:09] | What do we want? We want women. That’s it. | 我们想要什么? 我们想要女人 就这么简单 |
[20:15] | It’s the only thing we know for sure. It really is. | 这是我们确定 一定 以及肯定的事情 绝对是的 |
[20:18] | We want women. How do we get them? | 我们要女人 怎么得到呢? |
[20:19] | We don’t know about that. We don’t know. | 不清楚 不知道 |
[20:21] | The next step after that, we have no idea. | 下一步该怎么走 不知道 |
[20:23] | This is why you see men honking car horns, yelling from construction sites. | 这就是为什么总会在路上看到男人们 拚命的按喇叭 在施工的地方大喊大叫 |
[20:27] | These are the best ideas we’ve had so far. | 目前为止 这是最好的办法 |
[20:33] | The car horn honk. Is that the beauty? | 按喇叭是因为美女吗? |
[20:35] | Have you seen men doing this? | 有没有见过男人这样做? |
[20:38] | What is this? The man is in the car. | 是怎样的? 男人坐在车里 |
[20:40] | The woman walks by the front of the car. | 女人从车前面走过 |
[20:42] | He honks the… | 他按喇叭… |
[20:45] | This man is out of ideas. | 这个男人已经没想法了 |
[20:49] | How does the…? | 怎么…? |
[20:54] | I don’t think she likes me. | 她肯定不喜欢我 |
[20:58] | The amazing thing is that we still get women, don’t we? | 但是男人还是会得到女人 不是吗? |
[21:00] | I mean, men are with women. | 我是说 男人和女人在一起 |
[21:02] | You see men with women. | 你看到他们在一起 |
[21:04] | How are men getting women? Many people wonder. | 男人是怎么得到女人的? 很多人在问 |
[21:07] | Let me tell you a little bit about our organization. | 我来告诉大家我们的组织是怎么运作的 |
[21:11] | Wherever women are, we have a man working on the situation right now. | 不管女人在哪里 我们都有工作人员在场 |
[21:15] | Now, he may not be our best man… | 现在 也许他不是我们做的最好的… |
[21:19] | …okay, we have a lot of areas to cover… | …因为我们的工作范围太大了… |
[21:21] | …but someone from our staff is on the scene. | …但现场绝对有我们的工作人员 |
[21:25] | That’s why men get frustrated… | 所以男人们会感到狂躁… |
[21:27] | …when we see women reading articles… | …当他们看到女人在读文章… |
[21:29] | …like “Where to Meet Men.” | …文章标题 “到哪里找寻男人” |
[21:32] | We’re here. We are everywhere. | 我们就在这里 我们无处不在 |
[21:35] | We’re honking our horns to serve you better. | 我们不停的按喇叭想要让你满足 |