时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So I’m on line at the supermarket. | 我在超市排队付账 |
[00:07] | Two women in front of me. | 有两位女士在我前面 |
[00:09] | One of them, her total was $8. The other, $3. | 一个人总共8元 另一个3元 她们两个选择的付款方式是… – |
[00:14] | They both, of course, choose to pay by the use of the check. | 支票 – 支票 伙计 |
[00:20] | Fact is, if it is a woman in front of you that’s writing out the check… | 事实上 如果你前面的女士正在开支票 |
[00:23] | …you’ll not be waiting long. | 那么你不需要等太久 |
[00:24] | I have noticed that women are very fast with checks. | 我注意到女士们开支票的速度飞快 |
[00:27] | You know, because they write out so many checks. | 因为她们开了很多很多的支票 |
[00:30] | The keys, they can never find. They don’t know where that is. | 钥匙她们总找不到 她们不知道它跑哪去了 |
[00:34] | But the checkbook, they got that. | 但是支票簿绝不会不见 |
[00:36] | They never fumble for the checkbook. | 她们从不会掉了支票簿 |
[00:38] | The checkbook comes out of a holster. | 从枪套里抽出支票 |
[00:40] | “Who do I make it out to? | “该开给谁?” |
[00:44] | There’s my ID.” | 这是我的身份证 |
[00:53] | There’s something about a check, that, to a man, is not masculine. | 对男人来说用支票显得不够气概 |
[00:57] | I don’t know exactly what it is. I think, to a man… | 我不清楚为什么 我觉得对男人来说 |
[01:00] | …a check is like a note from your mother. | 支票就像你妈妈给你的小纸条 上面说 |
[01:02] | “I don’t have any money, but if you’ll contact these people… | 我一分钱没有 但是如果你和这些人联系 |
[01:06] | …I’m sure they’ll stick up for me. If you could just trust me this one time. | 我相信他们会帮我处理 这次请你相信我 |
[01:09] | I don’t have any money, but I have these. | 我一分钱没有但是我有这些 |
[01:13] | I wrote on these. | 我在上面写字 |
[01:15] | Is this of any value at all?” | 这个值钱吗? |
[01:27] | What’s that one? | 那个是什么 |
[01:28] | Cocoon II, The Return. | “魔茧续集 天茧回归” |
[01:30] | I guess they didn’t like it up there. | – 我猜他们不喜欢呆在那里 |
[01:32] | Maybe they came back for Chinese food. | – 也许回来吃中国菜 |
[01:34] | You know, Maureen Stapleton gets a craving… | 你知道莫林・斯特普尔顿 如果她想要什么东西 |
[01:36] | …she’s probably screaming at those aliens: | 她也许会对着那些外星人尖叫 |
[01:39] | “I gotta have a lo mein.” | “我要吃捞面!” |
[01:43] | Okay, what are we doing here? I have seen everything. | 好吧 我们在这做什么 我都看过了 |
[01:46] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[01:49] | I don’t believe you’ve seen this. | 我相信你没看过这部 |
[01:51] | – Oh, lovely. – Yeah. | – 真有意思 – 是啊 |
[01:55] | What do you think their parents think? | 你觉得他们父母会怎么想 |
[01:58] | “So, what’s your son doing now, Dr. Stevens?” | “史蒂文斯博士 |
[02:00] | “Oh, he’s a public fornicator.” | 你儿子做什么工作” “他是个AV男” |
[02:04] | “Yes, he’s a fine boy.” | “他是个乖孩子” |
[02:08] | You know, this would be a really funny gift for Pamela’s birthday. | 知道吗 把这个当作生日礼物送给 帕梅拉会很有意思 |
[02:11] | Pamela. Do I know her? | 帕梅拉? 我认识吗 |
[02:13] | Yeah, you met her when we were going out. | 是的 我们约会的时候你见过 |
[02:16] | Oh, yeah, right. | 对 |
[02:19] | You have no idea who I’m talking about, do you? | – 你不知道我在说谁 |
[02:21] | No. | 是吗 – 是的 |
[02:23] | Blond hair, remember? Glasses. | 金头发 记得吗 戴眼镜 |
[02:28] | Have you totally blocked out the entire time we were a couple? | 你把我们谈恋爱时的 记忆都完全封闭了吗 |
[02:31] | – Riverside Drive. – Right. | 住在河滨路 – |
[02:34] | In fact… No. Never mind. | 对! – 其实…算了 |
[02:39] | Well, what is it? | 怎么回事 |
[02:41] | A bunch of people are getting together tomorrow at some bar… | 一群人明晚在酒吧聚会 庆祝她生日 |
[02:44] | …for her birthday, but… | 你不想去…不想 |
[02:45] | You don’t want to go to that. No. Okay. | |
[02:49] | Wait a second. Wait a second. | 等等 等等 |
[02:52] | We could work out a little deal here. | 我们可以做笔小交易 |
[02:55] | – What little deal? – I will go to that… | 什么交易 |
[02:57] | …you go with me to the little family wedding I have on Saturday. | 我可以去 只要你周六陪我去亲戚的婚礼 |
[03:01] | A wedding? | 婚礼!? |
[03:02] | – Have you lost it, man? – My parents are coming in for this. | 你疯了? – 我爸妈会来 – 他们会来? |
[03:06] | – They’re coming in? – Yeah, tomorrow. | 是的 明天 |
[03:08] | Hey, did your father ever get that hair weave? | 你爸爸后来有没有去弄那个假植发? |
[03:11] | No, no. | 不,依旧是把头发梳过来遮住 |
[03:12] | Still doing the big sweep across. | |
[03:15] | Why does he do that? | 为什么他那么做? |
[03:17] | Doesn’t think anyone can tell. | 他认为没人看得出来 |
[03:22] | So, come on, do we have a deal? | 我们成交了? |
[03:24] | A wedding? | 婚礼? |
[03:26] | There’s a lot of people to mock. | 有很多人可以拿来嘲笑 |
[03:30] | – All right. What the hell. – Great. | – 好吧 – 太好了! |
[03:33] | When you’re dead, you’re dead. That’s it. You’re not going anywhere. | 你死的时候就是死了 就是这样 哪都不去 |
[03:43] | – Come on, let’s go. – Was I supposed to bring something? | – 快点 快 – 我是不是该带点东西? |
[03:46] | – You could have. – I met her one time. | – 你本来可以的 – 我只见过他一次 |
[03:48] | – It is not necessary. – Then what did you say that for? | – 没有必要 – 那你刚才为什么这么说? |
[03:50] | – Hi. – Hi, Pamela. | 帕梅拉 你还记得杰瑞 |
[03:52] | – You remember Jerry? – Yes, we met. | 是的 我们见过 |
[03:55] | – Happy birthday. – Thanks. | – 生日快乐 – 谢谢 |
[03:58] | Everybody, this is Jerry and Elaine. | 各位 这是伊莲和杰瑞 |
[04:00] | – | – Hi. |
[04:02] | I didn’t bring anything. | Hi. 我什么都没带 |
[04:04] | – I put you two right here. – Oh, okay. | – 你们俩坐这 – 好的 |
[04:08] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know what… You know. | 对不起 |
[04:11] | Nobody’s told me anything about this… | 我不知道该带什么 没人告诉我 |
[04:15] | How big a tip you think it would take to get him to stop? | 你觉得该给多少小费 才能让他停下来 |
[04:18] | – I’m in for 5. | |
[04:19] | I’ll supply the hat. | 5块钱 – |
[04:21] | What do we have here? | 我捐这个帽子 看看这是谁 |
[04:23] | Why don’t you relax, and take your jacket off. | 为什么不把外套脱掉放松一下 |
[04:26] | I can’t. I have a tendency to get chilly. | 不行 我怕冷 |
[04:29] | How masculine. | 真够男人的 |
[04:31] | Plus I’m wearing short sleeves. I don’t want to expose my tattoos. | 而且我里面穿着短袖 我不想露出我的纹身 |
[04:36] | She’s unbelievable. | 她太漂亮了! |
[04:39] | – Hey, this guy says he know Bricker. – Oh, you know Bricker? From where? | – 这个人说他认识布里克 – 你认识布里克!在哪认识的? |
[04:43] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[04:44] | Got to be her boyfriend. She’s too good to be alone. | 肯定是他男朋友 她太漂亮了不可能单身 |
[04:47] | What’s the difference? I can’t manoeuvre anyway… | 有什么差别 |
[04:49] | …with Elaine next to me. | 伊莲在我边上我都没法行动 |
[04:51] | – How do you know Pamela? – Friend of a friend. | – 你怎么认识帕梅拉的 – 朋友的朋友 |
[04:54] | – And you? – We went to law school together. | – 你呢 – 我们一起读法律 |
[04:56] | Oh, Jerry. | – 杰瑞! |
[04:58] | Oh, no. Not now. | – 不 不要现在 |
[05:02] | I had this dream last night, and you were in it. | 我昨晚做梦梦到你了 |
[05:04] | – Really? – Yeah. | 真的 |
[05:06] | Oh, God, I gotta get out of this. | 上帝 我得赶快摆脱这个 |
[05:08] | You were you, but you weren’t you. | 你是你 但又不是你 |
[05:12] | – No kidding? – Yeah. | 是吗? |
[05:13] | Why is this happening? Please mak e her stop. | 为什么这样?拜托 让她闭嘴 |
[05:17] | I think… I think we were in my house where I grew up… | 我想 我想我们在我从小长大的房子里 |
[05:20] | …and you were standing there. You were looking out the window. | 你站在那 望着窗外 |
[05:23] | This is brutal. | 难以忍受 |
[05:25] | And then you turned around, and you had these wooden teeth. | 你转过身 一口木制的牙 |
[05:30] | How do you like that? | 那真不错呀 |
[05:32] | Can I turn now? Is this over? | 我可以转身了吗 结束了吗 |
[05:34] | No, I can’t. I can’t. I’m stuck. | 不 不行 不行 我被缠住了 |
[05:38] | Jerry, are you listening to me? | – 杰瑞? 你在听吗 |
[05:40] | Yes. I heard you. | – 是的 我在听 |
[05:42] | Elaine, what’s the name of that jewellery store you took me to that time? | 伊莲 那次你带我去的珠宝店叫什么名字 |
[05:45] | Thank you, Pamela. | 谢谢 帕梅拉! |
[05:47] | So, you’re a lawyer? | – 所以你是个律师? |
[05:49] | Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taff. | – 我在萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯,奥本海姆和塔夫脱事务所工作 |
[05:51] | Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taff. | 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 |
[05:56] | Of course, they handled my tattoo-removal lawsuit. | 对 他们负责我纹身去除的案子! |
[05:59] | – Oh, that was you. – Imagine. | – 原来就是你! |
[06:01] | Spelling “mom” with two O’s. | – 你能想像吗?用两个O来拼写“Mom” |
[06:03] | That’s very funny. | – 很有意思 |
[06:04] | – What do you do? – Comedian. | 你做什么工作 – 喜剧艺人 |
[06:07] | Really? That explains it. | 真的? 这样就说的通了 |
[06:10] | Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taff. | 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 |
[06:14] | You ready? | – 好了吗 – |
[06:16] | We gotta run. Happy birthday. | 我们要走了 生日快乐 各位再见 – |
[06:18] | – Bye, everyone. – Thanks for coming. | 谢谢光临 再见 – 再见 |
[06:20] | – Bye. | – Bye. |
[06:22] | I can’t believe it. I got nothing. | 不敢想像 我什么都没搞到! |
[06:25] | I don’t even know her name. | 我连名字都不知道! |
[06:26] | Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taff. | 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本…萨格曼…萨 |
[06:37] | That wasn’t so bad, really. | 还不算太糟 真的 |
[06:40] | You know… | 知道吗 |
[06:43] | …you could use a little work on your manners. | 你应该更注意你的举止 |
[06:45] | Why? What did I do? | 为什么 |
[06:47] | Well, I just don’t appreciate these little courtesy responses… | 我做了什么了吗 我只是不喜欢你的“礼貌反应” |
[06:51] | …like I’m selling you aluminium siding. – I was listening. | 就好像我在向你推销铝板 我在听! |
[06:55] | No. You couldn’t wait to get back to your little conversation. | 不 你都等不及回去 继续你的“谈话” |
[06:58] | No. You were talking about the dream you had… | 不 你在…谈论你的梦 |
[07:02] | …where you had wooden teeth. – No! | 在梦里你一口木牙 不 |
[07:05] | No! You had wooden teeth! | 不 是你有木牙! |
[07:07] | You had wooden teeth. I didn’t have them, you did. | 是你有木牙! 我没有 你有! |
[07:10] | All right, so I had wooden teeth. So what? | 好吧 我有木牙 那又怎么了 |
[07:13] | So… So nothing. Nothing. | 那没什么 没什么 |
[07:18] | Apparently Plato… | 很明显 |
[07:20] | …who came up with the concept of the platonic relationship… | 柏拉图提出了柏拉图式恋爱的概念 |
[07:23] | …was pretty excited about it. | 对此非常自豪 |
[07:27] | He named it after himself. He said, “Yeah, I got this new thing. | 他以自己的名字命名 说 “我想出了新点子” |
[07:31] | Platonic. | “柏拉图” |
[07:33] | My idea, my name. Calling it after myself. | 我的主意 我的名字 以我的名字命名 |
[07:38] | What I do is… | 我做的 |
[07:40] | …I go out with the girls… | 就和女孩子出去约会 |
[07:41] | …I talk with them… | 和她们交谈 |
[07:43] | …don’t do anything… …and go right home. | 什么事都不做直接回家 |
[07:46] | What do you think? | 你们怎么想? |
[07:49] | I think it’s going to be big.” | 我认为这主意棒极了! |
[07:52] | I bet you other guys in history tried… | 我保证历史上还有其他人想用 |
[07:54] | …getting relationships named after them, but it didn’t work. | 自己的名字命名男女关系 但是不起作用 |
[07:58] | I bet you there were guys that tried to do it. Just went: | 我保证肯定有人这么做 这样 |
[08:01] | “Hi, my name’s Rico. | 我叫瑞可 |
[08:04] | Would you like to go to bed immediately? | 想和我马上上床吗 |
[08:07] | Hey, it’s a ‘riconic’ relationship.” | 这就是“瑞可”式恋爱 |
[08:14] | – Hey. – There he is. | 他回来了! |
[08:16] | This is what I like. See? | 这就是我想看到的 |
[08:18] | You come home, your parents are in your bed. | 你回家看到你父母躺在床上! |
[08:24] | You know, Jerry, we don’t have to do this. | 杰瑞 没有必要这样 |
[08:26] | What are you talking about? I love having you here. | 在说什么呀? 这很好 我喜欢这样 |
[08:29] | – Tomorrow, we’ll go to a hotel. – Ma, will you stop? | 明天我们去住旅馆 妈 不要说了 |
[08:32] | No. Why should we take over your apartment? | 不 为什么我们要霸占你的公寓? |
[08:34] | I don’t care. I’m sleeping next door. | 无所谓 我就睡在隔壁 |
[08:36] | Your friend Kramer doesn’t mind? | 你朋友克莱默不介意? |
[08:38] | No. He’s making a bouillabaisse. | 不 他在做马赛鱼汤 |
[08:41] | So, Dad, let me ask you a question. | 爸 问你个问题 |
[08:44] | How many people work at these big law offices? | 大律师事务所有多少人工作? |
[08:46] | – Depends on the firm. – Yeah, but if you called… | 取决于公司 |
[08:49] | …and described someone, you think they would know who it was? | 如果你打电话进去描述一个人的长相 他们知道你在说谁吗 |
[08:52] | What’s the matter, you need a lawyer? | 出了什么事 你需要一个律师? |
[08:54] | I met someone. I know where she works, but I don’t know her name. | 不 我在聚会上认识了一个人 我知道她在那里工作但不知道名字 |
[08:58] | Why don’t you ask someone who was at the party? | 你为什么不问其它有去聚会的人? |
[09:00] | No. The only one I could ask is Elaine. I can’t ask her. | 我只能问伊莲 但我没法问 |
[09:03] | – Why not? – Because it’s complicated. | 为什么 |
[09:06] | There’s some tension there. | 因为事情很复杂 气氛有点紧张 |
[09:09] | He used to go with her. | – 他以前和她交往 |
[09:10] | – Which one is she? – From Maryland. | – 哪个 |
[09:12] | She brought the chocolate-covered cherries you didn’t like. | 来自马里兰 给你带了巧克力樱桃 你不喜欢 |
[09:15] | Oh, yeah. Very alert. Warm person. | 对 记得很清楚 |
[09:18] | Oh, yeah, she’s great. | 热心肠 她很不错 |
[09:20] | So how come nothing materialized there? | 那么为什么没有结果 |
[09:22] | Well, it’s a tough thing to talk about. | 不好说 |
[09:28] | – I don’t know. – I know what it was. | 我不知道 – |
[09:31] | You don’t know what it was. | 我知道为什么了 – 你不知道为什么 |
[09:34] | So what was it? | 什么原因 |
[09:36] | Well, we fight a lot for some reason. | 我们因为某些原因吵架 |
[09:39] | – Oh, well. | – Oh, well. |
[09:42] | And there was a little problem with the physical chemistry. | 因为一些生理上的相容问题 |
[09:52] | Well, I think she’s a very attractive girl. | 我觉得她非常吸引人 |
[09:55] | She is. She absolutely is. | 是的 绝对是的 |
[09:56] | I can see if there was a weight problem… | – 如果是体重问题的话我可以了解 |
[09:59] | No, it’s not that. | – 不 不是那样 |
[10:00] | It wasn’t all one-sided. | 不总是单方面的 |
[10:02] | You know you can’t be so particular. Nobody’s perfect. | 你不能永远这么挑 没有人是完美的 |
[10:05] | – I know, I know. – You know, Jerry… | 我懂 我懂 |
[10:07] | …good thing I wasn’t so particular. | 知道吗 杰瑞 还好当初我不是那么挑 |
[10:09] | Idiot. | 笨蛋 |
[10:12] | – Who you looking for, Sophia Loren? – That’s got nothing to do with it. | 那么你在找谁 索菲娅・罗兰? 一点关系也没有 |
[10:17] | How about Loni Anderson? | 罗尼・安德森怎么样 |
[10:20] | Where do you get Loni Anderson? | 怎么想到罗尼・安德森了? |
[10:22] | Why, what’s wrong with Loni Anderson? | 干吗 罗尼・安德森有什么不对? |
[10:24] | I like Elaine more than Loni Anderson. | 比起罗尼・安德森我更喜欢伊莲 |
[10:26] | What are you two talking about? | 你们两位在说什么 |
[10:29] | Look, Elaine just wasn’t the one. | 伊莲只是不是我的“那位” |
[10:31] | And this other one’s the one? | 难道这个人就是“那位”? |
[10:33] | – I don’t know. Maybe. – So ask Elaine there for the number. | 不知道 也许 那么去问伊莲要电话号码 |
[10:37] | I can’t. She’ll get upset. | 不行 她会发火的 |
[10:39] | I never talk about other women with her… | 我从来不和她谈论其他女人 |
[10:41] | …especially this one tonight. – How could you still see her… | 特别是那天晚上的 |
[10:44] | …if you’re not interested? – We’re friends. | 既然不感兴趣 为什么一直和她来往? |
[10:47] | Doesn’t sound like you’re friends. If you were friends… | 我们是朋友 我听上去你们不是朋友 |
[10:49] | …you’d ask her for the number. | 如果你们是朋友就 去问她要电话号码 |
[10:52] | – Do you know where this one works? – Oh, yeah. | – 你知道那个人在哪里工作? – 是的 |
[10:54] | So go up to the office. | – 直接去她的事务所 |
[10:56] | Up to her office? | – 去她的事务所? |
[10:58] | Go to the building. | 到大楼里 |
[10:59] | She goes out to lunch, doesn’t she? | 她要出去吃午饭 不是吗? |
[11:01] | – I guess. – So you stand in the lobby… | 我猜是 你站在大厅里 |
[11:04] | …by the elevator and wait for her to come down for lunch. | 电梯边上 等她下来吃午饭 |
[11:08] | You mean stake out the lobby? | 你是说“守在”电梯边上? |
[11:10] | Morty, that’s ridiculous. Just ask Elaine for the number. | 莫蒂 荒谬 直接问伊莲要电话号码! |
[11:14] | He doesn’t want to ask Elaine for the number. | 他不想问伊莲要电话号码 |
[11:16] | So you got him standing by the elevator like a dope. | 所以你让他像个傻瓜一样站在 电梯边上 |
[11:19] | – What happens when he sees her? – He pretends he bumped into her. | 见到她了然后怎么办 假装碰巧遇到! |
[11:24] | You know what? This is not that bad an idea. | 其实…这不是个坏主意 |
[11:42] | – What does she look like? – I don’t know. It’s hard to say. | – 她长得怎么样 – 我不知道 很难说 |
[11:46] | What actress does she remind you of? | 她像哪个明星 |
[11:48] | Loni Anderson. | 罗尼・安德森 |
[11:51] | Loni Anderson? | 罗尼・安德森?! |
[11:52] | What, there’s something wrong with Loni Anderson? | 罗尼・安德森有什么不对吗 |
[11:55] | Hey, listen, thanks again for running over here. | 谢谢能过来 |
[11:58] | Yeah, sure. I was showing a condo on 48th Street. | 非常感谢 我刚才在带人看48街上的公寓 |
[12:01] | Besides, you think I want to miss this? | 还有 你觉得我想错过这个? |
[12:05] | – I’m a little nervous. – Yeah. Me too. | – 我有点紧张 – 我也是 |
[12:09] | If I see her, what do I say I’m doing in the building? | 看到她 说什么 我也在这个大楼里工作? |
[12:12] | To see me. I work in the building. | 你来找我 我在大楼里工作 |
[12:14] | What do you do? | 你做什么的 |
[12:16] | I’m an architect. | 建筑师 |
[12:19] | You’re an architect? | 你是建筑师? |
[12:21] | I’m not? | 我不是? |
[12:25] | I don’t see architecture coming from you. | 一点都没建筑师的样子 |
[12:31] | I suppose you could be an architect. | 所以你觉得你比较像建筑师 |
[12:34] | I never said that I was the architect. | 我没说我是建筑师 |
[12:36] | – Just something else. – She’s not even going to ask. | 说其他的 |
[12:39] | If we see her, which is remote. | 碰到她的时候她不会问的 会碰到她的机率也很小 |
[12:41] | What do you want me to say, I just wandered in? | 那么让我怎么说 我在这里闲逛?! |
[12:43] | We’re having lunch with a friend. He works here. | 我们和朋友吃饭 他在这里工作 |
[12:46] | What is his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[12:49] | Burt Har… | 伯特・哈…宾…森 |
[12:51] | …binson. Burt Harbinson. | 伯特・哈…宾…森 |
[12:54] | – Burt Harbinson. – Right. | – 伯特・哈宾森? – 好吧 |
[12:56] | – It sounds made-up. – No good? | – 听上去像是编出来的 – 不好? |
[12:59] | All right. | 阿特・卡尔…怎么样 |
[13:01] | Art… | |
[13:03] | …Core. | |
[13:05] | Art Core. | – 阿特・卡尔… |
[13:07] | Velay. | – 文克莱 |
[13:10] | – Corevelay? – Yeah, right. | – 卡尔文克莱? – 好吧 |
[13:12] | Well, what does he do? | 他做什么工作 |
[13:15] | He’s an importer. | 进口商 |
[13:17] | Just imports? No exports? | 只是进口 没有出口? |
[13:19] | He’s an importer-exporter, okay? | 他是进出口商 好吗 |
[13:25] | Did Elaine ever call you back? | 伊莲给你回电话了吗 |
[13:26] | No. I guess she’s still mad. | 没有 看来她还在生气 |
[13:29] | I don’t understand. You never talk to her about other women? | 我不明白 你和她从来不谈其他女人? |
[13:32] | Never. | 从来不 |
[13:36] | Wait a second. That’s her. | 等等 |
[13:38] | On the right. | 就是她 右边 |
[13:41] | I forgot who I am. Who am I? | 我忘了我是谁 我是谁?! |
[13:44] | You’re you. We’re having lunch with Art Corevelay. | 你就是你 我们和阿特・卡尔文克莱吃午饭 |
[13:46] | – Vandalay. – Corevelay. | – 范德莱! – 卡尔文克莱! |
[13:49] | Let me be the architect. I can do it. I can do it. | 让我当建筑师 我可以的! |
[13:52] | Hey, hey… | 在帕梅拉的生日会上我们见过 |
[13:54] | Pamela’s birthday party. | 我是杰瑞 |
[13:56] | – Didn’t I see you there? Jerry. – Sure. Hi. | 对! |
[14:02] | – This is George. I’m sorry. – Vanessa. | 这是乔治 抱歉 – |
[14:04] | Nice to meet you. | 瓦内萨 – 很高兴见到你 |
[14:06] | Sagman, Bennett, Robbins, Oppenheim and Taff. | 萨格曼,贝内特,罗宾斯, 奥本海姆和塔夫脱 |
[14:08] | That’s right. What are you doing here? | 对 你在这做什么? |
[14:11] | Meeting a friend for lunch. Works in the building. | 来和朋友吃饭 他在这里工作 |
[14:14] | Yeah, Art Vandalay. | 阿特・范德莱 |
[14:15] | Oh, really? | 真的? |
[14:17] | Which company? | – 哪个公司 – 我不知道 |
[14:18] | – I don’t know. He’s an importer. – I don’t really know… | – 他是个进口商 – 进口商? |
[14:21] | – Importer. – And exporter. | – 同时也是出口商 |
[14:23] | He’s an importer-exporter. | – 他是进出口商 |
[14:27] | I’m… | 我…我是建筑师 |
[14:28] | I’m an architect. | |
[14:32] | Really? Well, what do you design? | 真的 |
[14:37] | Railroads. | 你设计什么 铁路 |
[14:40] | I thought engineers do that. | – 我以为工程师做那个 |
[14:42] | They can. | – 他们可以 |
[14:45] | I’m sorry you had to leave so early the other night. | 那天晚上你走的很早 真可惜 |
[14:47] | Me too. My cousin had to go back to Boston. | 是啊 我表哥要回波士顿 |
[14:50] | – Oh, that guy was your cousin. – Yeah. | 那是你的表哥! 对 |
[14:54] | – And that woman was your… – Friend. | 那位女士… 朋友! |
[14:58] | I’ll just get a paper. | 我去买份报纸 |
[15:02] | So… | 你会和不太成熟的人约会吗 |
[15:04] | …do you date immature men? | |
[15:06] | Almost exclusively. | 几乎都是 |
[15:17] | I have no letters. | 我没字母了 |
[15:23] | Ma, will you go already? | 妈 好了吗 |
[15:28] | – What are you doing? – I just want to see something. | – 你在做什么?! – 等等 查点东西 |
[15:31] | You can’t look in there. We’re playing. | 你不可以查 我们在比赛! |
[15:34] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[15:36] | – Good evening, Mr. Kramer. – Hey, Morty. | – 晚上好克莱默先生! – 莫蒂! |
[15:39] | – Salad dressing? – Look. | – 沙拉酱 – 瞧 |
[15:41] | – “Quo.” Is that a word? – Maybe. | “Quo”? 是单词吗 – 也许! – 你想挑战吗 妈 你不能查字典! 爸 她作弊! |
[15:43] | – Will you challenge it? – Ma, you can’t look up words… | |
[15:45] | …in the dictionary. Dad, she’s cheating. | |
[15:48] | “Quo”? That’s not a word. | “Quo”? 这不是单词 |
[15:50] | – You’re such a stickler. – Well, put something down. | 你真斤斤计较 |
[15:53] | You’re taking 20 minutes on this. | 别说了 你都说了20分钟了 |
[15:56] | So Uncle Mac and Artie, they’re all coming here before the wedding? | 麦克叔叔和阿迪婚礼前都过来吗 |
[15:59] | They’ll be here at 2:00. | 两点钟过来 |
[16:01] | Oh, Elaine called. She said she’d be here at 2:30 and she says: | 伊莲来电话了 说2:30到 |
[16:04] | “Hope your meeting went well with Art Vandalay.” | 她说 “希望你们和阿特・范德莱过的愉快” |
[16:12] | – She said what? – Just what I said. Here. | 她说什么? 就像我说的 |
[16:18] | She knows. | 她知道了 |
[16:20] | Oh, I am such a jackass. | 我真蠢 |
[16:24] | – She knows what? – She knows the whole stupid thing. | – 她知道什么? – 她知道整件蠢事 |
[16:27] | Vanessa and the elevator. | 瓦内萨和电梯 |
[16:29] | No, no, that won’t do. He may have a Z. | 不不不 不要这样 也许他有个“Z” |
[16:31] | So how did she find out? | 她怎么知道的 |
[16:33] | Because Vanessa probably told Pamela… | 因为瓦内萨也许告诉帕梅拉 |
[16:38] | …and Pamela probably told Elaine. | 帕梅拉也许告诉伊莲 |
[16:41] | So, what are you, afraid of her? | 那你怎么了 |
[16:43] | Yes. Yes, I am. | 怕她? 是的! |
[16:46] | – What else did she say on the phone? – Whatever I wrote down. | 她在电话上还说了什么 就我写的那些了 |
[16:50] | Yeah, but what was the tone in her voice? How did she sound? | 她口气怎么样 听上去如何 |
[16:53] | Who am I, Rich Little? | 我是谁 瑞奇・利特尔? |
[16:56] | Well, she can’t be too mad. | 她不会很生气 她还是来参加婚礼 |
[17:00] | – She’s still coming to the wedding. – Yeah, but now I’m nervous. | 对 但是我现在很紧张 |
[17:03] | Oh, stop it. | 别这样 |
[17:09] | – “Quone”? – Thirty, 31, 32… | |
[17:13] | “Quone”? | |
[17:14] | No, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to challenge that. | 我想我要挑战一下 |
[17:17] | No, you don’t have to challenge that. That’s a word. | 不 没有必要 这是个单词 肯定是单词 – 我要挑战 – Quone quone东西 |
[17:19] | – That’s a definite word. – I am challenging. | |
[17:22] | “Quone.” To “quone” something. | |
[17:28] | I’m not playing with you anymore. | 我再也不和你玩了 |
[17:30] | “Quone’s” not a word. | Quone不是单词 |
[17:32] | No good. Sorry. There it is. | 不行 对不起 在这里 |
[17:34] | Get it off. | 拿回去 |
[17:36] | Why did you make me put that down? | 为什么告诉我这么拼 |
[17:38] | No. We need a medical dictionary. | 我们需要医学字典! |
[17:41] | Like a patient gets difficult, you quone him. | 如果一个病人很痛苦 你quone他 |
[17:47] | You want some funny material? You ought to come down to where I work. | 想收集一些搞笑材料 你要去看看我上班的地方 |
[17:50] | There’s a sitcom. | 那里就像一出情境喜剧! |
[17:53] | You must have quite a time down there. | 你在那里一定过得很愉快 |
[17:57] | – We got plenty of time. – Sorry. I am just waiting for someone. | – 时间还早 – 对不起 我在等其他人 |
[18:00] | Watch what you say to this guy. He’ll put it in his next act. | 注意你和这个人说的话 他会拿去当下次表演的材料! |
[18:05] | – Yeah, yeah. – Jerry, did I tell you… | 是的 是的 |
[18:06] | …that I’m writing a book, an autobiography? | 杰瑞 我有没有和你说过我在写书? 自传 |
[18:09] | Yeah, you mentioned it. | 是的 麦克叔叔 你说过 |
[18:10] | It’s based on all my experiences. | 完全根据我的经历来写! |
[18:14] | That’s perfect. | 很棒 |
[18:16] | – Could you excuse me one second? – Sure. | 我能离开一下吗 – |
[18:17] | – I’m sorry. – Sure. | 当然 – 不好意思 |
[18:25] | How do you do? Jerry Seinfeld. | 你好 我是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[18:27] | Oh, how do you do? Elaine Benes. | 你好 我是伊莲・贝尼斯 |
[18:33] | You want to do this now, or you wanna wait? | 你想现在就解决还是等会儿在车里? |
[18:35] | Oh, no, let’s do it now. | 不 现在 |
[18:37] | The whole elevator business, let me just explain. | 好吧 电梯事件 我来解释 |
[18:39] | – Okay. – Jerry, are you going with us? | 好吧 杰瑞 和我们一起走吗 |
[18:41] | – No, I’m gonna take my car. – That’s why I brought the wagon. | 不 我自己开车 我是为你开旅行车来的 |
[18:45] | Why the hell did I bring the wagon? | 我为什么开旅行车来? |
[18:48] | Anyway, you know why I didn’t ask you? | 你知道为什么我没有问你 |
[18:50] | I mean, I felt so uncomfortable, and you were so annoyed in the cab. | 我是说我感到很不好意思 还有你在车里很生气 |
[18:54] | Well, Jerry, I never saw you flirt with anyone before. | 杰瑞 我从来没见过你和别人调情 |
[18:57] | It was quite the spectacle. | 很让人吃惊 |
[18:59] | Jerry, we’ll see you there. Bye, Elaine. | 杰瑞 到时候见 – 再见 |
[19:01] | Oh, bye. Good to see you. | 伊莲 – 再见 见到你很高兴 |
[19:03] | Oh, we didn’t meet. | 我们没有见过 |
[19:05] | Sorry. Elaine, this is my cousin, Artie Levine. | 对不起 这是伊莲 这是我表哥阿迪・利因 |
[19:07] | – Levine. – Artie. | 利文 |
[19:09] | Artie! Come on. | |
[19:13] | Yeah, Levine. | 对 “利文” |
[19:14] | And I’m Jerry Cougar Mellencamp. | 我是杰瑞・康加・麦伦坎普 |
[19:20] | Anyway, I admit it was a fairly ridiculous thing to do… | 不管怎样 我承认这件事很荒唐 |
[19:23] | …but I mean, obviously we have a little problem here. | 但是 我的意思是 很明显我们对此有点小问题 |
[19:27] | Yeah, obviously. | 对 很明显 |
[19:28] | If we’re gonna be friends, we gotta be able to talk about other people. | 我是说 如果我们继续做朋友 我们就要能够谈论其他人 |
[19:32] | – Couldn’t agree more. – Good. | 完全同意 很好 |
[19:35] | – Good. | – Good. 很好 很好 |
[19:38] | Great. | 太棒了! |
[19:40] | Great? Where do you get great? | 太棒了? 为什么说“太棒了”? |
[19:44] | It’s great to talk about… | 去谈论其他人很棒 |
[19:49] | …other people. – Guys. | – 男人 – 对 |
[19:51] | – | – Yeah. |
[19:54] | Well, anybody specific? | Yeah. 有什么特定的人吗? |
[19:57] | No. | 没有 |
[19:59] | – A general guy. – Oh, really? | 只是个普通人 – 真的吗 |
[20:01] | – Elaine Marie Benes. – What? | 伊莲・玛丽・贝尼斯 – 干吗 |
[20:04] | No, it’s not a big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[20:06] | No, that’s great. That’s terrific. | 很好! 太好了! |
[20:07] | – No, we just met. – Doesn’t matter. | – 不 我们刚刚认识 – 没关系 |
[20:09] | What’s the young man’s name? I would like to meet him. | 这位帅哥叫什么名字 我想见见他 |
[20:14] | I don’t think so. | – 我不这么认为 |
[20:15] | Well, what does he do? Is he an artisan… | – 他是做什么的 |
[20:18] | …a craftsman, a labourer of some sort? | 他是技工 手艺人 某种劳力? |
[20:21] | – Wall Street. – High finance. | 华尔街 高级金融 |
[20:24] | Bulls, bears, people from Connecticut. | 牛市熊市 来自康涅狄格州 |
[20:29] | And he happens to be pretty good-looking. | 碰巧他很帅 |
[20:32] | All right, sir. | 好吧 |
[20:35] | And he’s hilarious. | 还有他很幽默 |
[20:37] | – Now that’s not fair. – You know. | 这样讲不公平喔! |
[20:40] | So where did you meet this guy? | 你在哪里遇见他的 |
[20:43] | I staked out his health club. | 我“守在”他的健身俱乐部外 |
[20:46] | When you’re on a stakeout… | 当你守在外面的时候 |
[20:47] | …do you find it’s better to stand up against the wall… | 你会发现最好紧贴墙壁站着 |
[20:50] | …or kind of crouch down behind a big plant? | 或者躲在一棵大树下 |
[20:55] | You know, I think that… | 我觉得一旦你和别人有过一段历史 |
[20:57] | …even if you’ve had a relationship with someone… | |
[21:00] | …or, let’s say, especially if you’ve had a relationship with someone… | 或者假设你和别人谈过恋爱 |
[21:03] | …and you try and become friends afterwards… | 之后想成为朋友会很困难 |
[21:06] | …it’s very difficult. Isn’t this? | 不是吗 很困难 |
[21:08] | It’s hard because you know each other so well. | 因为相互太了解 |
[21:12] | You know? You know all each other’s tricks. | 你知道对方在想什么 |
[21:14] | It’s like two magicians trying to entertain each other. | 就像两个魔术师 相互表演 |
[21:16] | You know, one goes, “Look, a rabbit.” The other goes, “So?” | 一个人说 “瞧 兔子” 另一个说 “然后呢” |
[21:21] | “I believe that’s your card.” | “我想这是你的牌” |
[21:24] | “Look, why don’t we just saw each other in half and call it a night, okay?” | “我们何不把对方锯成一半 结束表演吧” |