时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So I move into the centre lane… | 我开到中间的行车道 到了这位女士的前面 |
[00:05] | …I get ahead of this woman who felt, for some reason, I’d cut her off. | 出于某种原因,她认为我挡了她的去路 |
[00:10] | So she pulls up alongside of me, gives me the finger. | 于是她把车开到我旁边,向我… 竖了根手指(中指) (竖中指表示强烈的不满情绪) |
[00:16] | It seems like such an arbitrary, ridiculous thing… | 这看起来实在是… |
[00:19] | …to just pick a finger and you show it to the person. | 蛮横而可笑的行为 |
[00:26] | It’s a finger. What does it mean? | 竟然在别人面前竖了根手指 这不过是根手指,有什么意义? |
[00:28] | Someone shows me one of their fingers… | 有人在我面前亮了根手指 |
[00:30] | …and I’m supposed to feel bad. | 我就该因此感到不爽 |
[00:33] | Is that the way it’s supposed to work? I mean… | 是这样吗? |
[00:36] | …you could just give someone the toe, really, couldn’t you? | 我说,你也可以给人看你的脚趾啊 真的,不是吗? |
[00:39] | I would feel worse if I got the toe than if I got the finger. | 比起被竖手指 被亮脚趾会让我感觉更不爽一些 |
[00:43] | It’s not easy to give the toe. | 因为亮脚趾可不是容易的事 |
[00:44] | You gotta get the shoe off, the sock off and drive, get it up in the… | 你得把鞋子、袜子都脱了 |
[00:49] | “Look at that toe, buddy.” | 还要一边开着车,把脚趾举起来 看我的脚趾,老兄 |
[00:50] | I mean, that’s really insulting, to get the toe, isn’t it? | 被亮脚趾可真算是羞辱到家了,不是吗? |
[00:58] | That it? I’ve got the Q-Tips, got the mini-umbrella. | 就这些了? |
[01:02] | Something boring to read on the plane. | 撞球杆头拿了,折叠伞拿了 飞机上看的解闷儿书也拿了 |
[01:09] | That’s it. | 好啦,搞定! |
[01:10] | Done. | |
[01:12] | That is the single greatest packing performance I have ever seen. | 这是我看到过最精彩的个人打包表演 |
[01:16] | I am the master packer. | 我是…打包大师 |
[01:20] | Yeah, right. You’re the master packer. | 是,没错儿,你的确是打包大师 |
[01:22] | What you must understand, Elaine… | 有件事儿你得明白,伊莲 |
[01:25] | …packing is like leading men into battle. | 打包与领导军队打仗无异: |
[01:27] | You’ve got to know the strengths and weaknesses of every soldier. | 你得掌握排里头每个士兵的优缺点 |
[01:31] | From a collapsible toothbrush to a pair of ordinary black socks. | 从可折叠牙刷到最平常的黑袜子 |
[01:35] | Excuse me, master packer? | – 打断一下…打包大师! |
[01:38] | Yes? | – 说 |
[01:40] | – Just give me your keys. – All right, sir. | – 把钥匙给我就行了 – 是,长官 |
[01:46] | – George? – Yeah. | – 乔治吗? – 是我 |
[01:48] | Okay, so, now, is there anything else I need to know about this place? | 好吧,关于这公寓 还有什么我需要知道的吗? |
[01:52] | Yeah. The hot water takes a while to come on. So the best thing to do… | 嗯,有,热水来得比较慢 |
[01:57] | …is to turn it on, do all your shopping… | 最好的办法是打开热水龙头 |
[02:00] | …then come back and take a shower. | 接着出门把能逛的街的都逛了 然后…回来正好可以洗澡 |
[02:03] | Okay. This is quite a place. | 好吧,这地方还真特别 |
[02:04] | There’s more. The refrigerator. | 还有,冰箱 |
[02:07] | Deduct a minimum of two days off all expiration dates. | 所有食物的保质期都至少要提前两天 |
[02:11] | No meat, no leftovers, no butter. | 不能存放肉类、剩菜和黄油 |
[02:14] | And I cannot overstate this: | 还有一点我毫不夸张: |
[02:16] | No soft cheeses of any kind. | 不能存放任何软质干酪 |
[02:20] | – | – Is that clear? – I’ll eat out. |
[02:23] | And one more thing, Benes… | 听明白了? – |
[02:26] | …regarding sexual activity. | 我会在外面吃好回来 还有一点,贝奈斯,关于性行为: |
[02:28] | Strictly prohibited, but if you absolutely must, do us all a big favour… | 严格禁止,不过如果你坚持要 就当帮彼此个大忙:请在浴缸里做 |
[02:32] | …do it in the tub. | – 准备好了? |
[02:35] | – Are you ready? – Yeah. One second. | – 嗯,一下下就好 |
[02:39] | – Hey, Elaine. – Hi. | – 嗨,伊莲 – 嗨 |
[02:41] | – You coming to the airport? – I’m staying for the weekend. | 一起去机场吗? 不了,我待这儿度周末 |
[02:43] | – I getting a break from my roommate. – Oh, the actresslwaitress. | 从我室友那儿喘口气 – |
[02:47] | No. The waitresslactress. She just got some part… | 哦,那个演员兼女招待 – |
[02:51] | …in some dinner theatre production of A Chorus Line. | 不,是女招待兼演员 她刚在《歌舞线上》的晚宴剧场里 拿到了一个角色 |
[02:54] | So now all day long she’s walking around the apartment singing: | 所以现在她整天都在公寓里四处高歌: “上帝啊,希望我拿到了 希望我拿到了” |
[03:02] | She’s gonna get it, right in the… | 她会拿到的,就在她… – |
[03:05] | Why don’t you just kick her out. | 你把她赶走就是了 – |
[03:07] | She’s on the lease. George, you have got to find another place for me. | 她也在租约上! 乔治,你得再给我找个地方 |
[03:11] | Yeah, well, a little rough finding something good in your price range. | 这个…就你开的价位 想找个好地方还真不容易 |
[03:15] | Hey, but you, my friend, may be in luck. | 不过你,我的朋友,恐怕要走运了 |
[03:18] | – I’m not looking. – No, this one’s different. It’s a beauty. | 我又没在找房子 不不不,这间公寓可不一样 这间是打着灯笼都找不到的好地方! |
[03:21] | – What’s it like? – I haven’t seen it yet… | 是吗,什么样子的? |
[03:23] | …but it’s a two-bedroom, it’s on West 83rd… | 我还没亲眼看到,不过是“双卧室” 位于上东区西83街上 |
[03:27] | …about a half-block from the park. – How much? | 离公园只有大约半条街? 价钱呢? |
[03:29] | Twice what you’re paying here, but it’s a great building. | 是这儿的两倍,不过房子很好 |
[03:32] | It’s two bedrooms. | 是双卧室! |
[03:33] | Two bedrooms? Why do I need two bedrooms? | 双卧室?我要双卧室干吗? |
[03:35] | I’ve got enough trouble maintaining activity in one. | 一间我都嫌多 |
[03:39] | I saw that. | – 别以为我没看到 – 好吧 |
[03:42] | – You ought to at least take a look at it. – Really? Why? | 你至少得去看看 真的?为什么? |
[03:45] | Because then I could move in here. | 这样我就能搬到这儿了 |
[03:48] | – I know what you’re saying now. – It’s time you got out of here, anyway. | 反正你也该走了 |
[03:52] | Yeah, tell him, but quickly. I’m double-parked here. | 嗯,你跟他说说,不过快点 我占了两格停车位 |
[03:54] | Listen, Jerry, this place is falling apart. | 听我说,杰瑞,这地方破得不像样了 |
[03:57] | You have no hot water. | 没有热水,不能存放软质干酪… |
[03:59] | You can’t have soft cheese. | |
[04:01] | Let’s not forget the radiator. | 还有这个气暖,蒸汽… |
[04:02] | The steam’s been on for 10 years. No human can turn this off. | 都开了十年了, 根本没人有本事把它给关了 |
[04:07] | Jerry, come on. You’re doing okay now. | 杰瑞,真的,你现在条件不错 |
[04:09] | You should at least take a look at this place. | 你至少该睁大眼睛看看这地方 |
[04:11] | – You shouldn’t have to live like this. – You just said you wanted to live here. | 你不必活成这个样子 这个样子?你刚刚还说想搬进来呢 |
[04:16] | Well, for me it’s a step up. | 对我而言算是鸟枪换大炮了 |
[04:18] | It’s like moving from Iceland to Finland. | 差不多像从冰岛搬到芬兰了 |
[04:21] | Jerry, you wanna see the place or not? | 杰瑞,你怎么说…到底要不要去看看? |
[04:23] | I can’t think about it now. I’m going to Minneapolis. | 我现在没时间考虑 拜托,我就要去… |
[04:26] | I got four shows this weekend. | 明尼阿波利斯了 周末还有四场秀等着我呢 |
[04:38] | Elaine? | 伊莲! |
[04:58] | Elaine? | – 伊莲! |
[04:59] | Jerry? | – 杰瑞! |
[05:01] | Jer… Oh, hi. | 杰瑞!嗨,欢迎回家 |
[05:04] | Welcome back. How were the shows? | 你的秀顺利吗? |
[05:06] | Great. I had fun. Where’s the TV? Where’s the VCR? | 挺好的,玩得挺开心的 电视和录像机去哪儿了? |
[05:10] | – What?! – They were stolen. | – 出什么事了? – 被偷了 |
[05:12] | Stolen? When? | 被偷了?什么时候? |
[05:14] | A couple of hours ago. The police are coming right over. | 几个小时前,警察正赶过来呢 |
[05:17] | Stolen? | 怎么会被偷了? |
[05:21] | Someone left the door open. | 有人忘记关门了 |
[05:24] | Oh, yeah… | |
[05:27] | You left the door open? | 你忘记关门了?! |
[05:29] | Oh, well, you know, I was cooking… | 呃,阿杰,你知道,我当时正在做饭 |
[05:32] | …and I came in to get the spatula. | 我…我…我进来借锅铲… |
[05:36] | I left the door open because I was gonna bring the spatula right back. | 我没关门是因为 我打算一用完就把它还回来! |
[05:40] | Wait, you left the lock open or the door open? | 等等,你是忘记锁门了 还是忘记关门了? |
[05:44] | The door. | 忘记关门了 |
[05:47] | – The door? You left the door open? – I was bringing the spatula right back. | 忘记关门?你忘记关门了? 是 我本来打算马上把锅铲还回来的啊 |
[05:51] | Yeah, and…? | 后来呢? |
[05:52] | Well, I got caught up watching a soap opera. | 那个…我被…肥皂剧缠住了 |
[05:56] | Bold and the Beautiful. | 《大胆而美丽》 |
[06:00] | – So the door was wide open. – Wide open. | – 也就是说我家大门就这么敞开着了? |
[06:04] | Excuse me. | – 没错,大门敞开! |
[06:06] | And where were you? | 那会儿你去哪儿了? |
[06:08] | I was at Bloomingdale’s, waiting for the shower to heat up. | 我在布鲁明戴尔百货公司… 等洗澡水变热呢 |
[06:13] | Look, Jerry, I’m sorry. | 听着,杰瑞,我很抱歉,我… |
[06:15] | – You have insurance, right, buddy? – No. | 你肯定买了保险,对吧,老兄? 没有 |
[06:18] | How can you not have insurance? | 你怎么能不买保险? |
[06:20] | Because I spent my money on the Clapco D-29. | 因为…我把钱都花在Clapgo D29上了 |
[06:25] | It’s the most impenetrable lock on the market today. | 这是现在市面上防盗性能最好的锁… |
[06:28] | It has only one design flaw: | 只有一个设计缺陷:就是门… |
[06:31] | The door… | |
[06:33] | …must be closed! | 必须是关上的 |
[06:36] | Jerry, I’m gonna find your stuff. I’m gonna solve it. | 杰瑞!我保证帮你把东西找回来 |
[06:39] | I’m on the case, buddy. I’m on the case. | 我会找到的,这事儿我管定了 老兄,这事儿我管定了! |
[06:41] | Don’t investigate. Don’t pay me back. It was an accident. | 行了,别调查了,也不用赔我钱 就当是个意外吧 |
[06:46] | – I made a mistake. – These things happen. | 都是我的错 有些事是难免的 |
[06:48] | – I’m human. – In your way. | – 我也只是个平常人 – 行了 |
[06:54] | Let’s see, that’s one TV, a stereo, one leather jacket, a VCR, a computer. | 确定下,被偷的是一台电视,一套音响 一件皮夹克,一台录像机和一台电脑… |
[06:59] | – Is that about it? – The answering machine. | 就这些吗? – |
[07:01] | Answering machine. | 还有电话应答机 – 电话应答机 |
[07:03] | Boy, I hate the idea of somebody out there returning my calls. | 哦,一想到某人在某处 答复打给我的电话我就不爽 |
[07:08] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[07:11] | It’s a joke. | – 我只是开玩笑 |
[07:12] | I see. | – 我懂了… |
[07:15] | Well, Mr. Seinfeld, we’ll look into it. We’ll let you know if we find anything. | 宋飞先生,我们会对此案进行调查的 如果我们找到失物会跟你联系 |
[07:19] | – Do you ever find anything? – No. | – 你们找到过失物吗? – 从没 |
[07:26] | – Well, thanks anyway. – You bet. | – 无论如何,谢谢你 – 当然 |
[07:30] | I didn’t get that joke either. | 刚才的笑话我也没听明白 |
[07:32] | The crook has the machine. The messages aren’t for him… | 小偷偷走了电话应答机 留言又不是给他的 |
[07:35] | …he’s the crook. | 当小偷听到留言:他为什么要答复… |
[07:37] | Why would he answer…? | |
[07:40] | How did you get in here? | 你怎么进来的? |
[07:47] | I walked in. Your lobby door is broken again. | – 走进来的啊,你们大厅的门又坏了 |
[07:49] | Again? | – 又坏了 |
[07:51] | I don’t know how you put up with this. | – 我不知道你怎么能受得了这里 |
[07:52] | – Yeah. Tell him, George. – Thanks. | – 就是,你跟他说,乔治 |
[07:55] | You would still wanna move in here? | – 你还想搬进来吗? |
[07:57] | Yes. You don’t understand. | – 当然! |
[07:58] | I’m living with Ethel Merman without the talent. | 你不明白,我现在是和没有天赋的 埃塞尔・默尔曼住在一起 (埃塞尔・默尔曼:20世纪百老汇 音乐剧舞台上最伟大的女演员之一 ) |
[08:03] | Is that other apartment still available? | 你说的那间公寓还空着吗? |
[08:10] | I got ripped off for about the… | 这大概是我第…18次被偷? |
[08:13] | …eighteenth time. | |
[08:15] | The first couple of times you go through it, it’s very upsetting. | 开始遇到这种事的时候,很烦 |
[08:18] | Your first reaction, or one of your friends, will say: | 你的第一反应,或者你的朋友们会说: |
[08:21] | “Call the police. You really should call the police.” | “快报警,你应该报警!” |
[08:25] | So you think to yourself, you know, you watch TV, you think: | 然后你看着电视,就会告诉自己: |
[08:28] | “Yeah, I’m calling the police. Stakeouts, manhunts. | “没错,我要报警! 让警察去监视,去追捕… |
[08:32] | I’m gonna see some real action.” | 我要看看他们的实际行动!” |
[08:34] | Right? You think that. | 没错,你会这么想 |
[08:36] | So the police come over to your house. | 然后警察来到你家… |
[08:38] | They fill out the report. | 他们填写报告… |
[08:41] | They give you your copy. | 把复印件给你… |
[08:45] | Now, unless they give the crook his copy… | 而…除非他们也给窃贼一份复印件 |
[08:48] | …I don’t really think we’re gonna crack this case. Do you? | 我真的不觉得这案子破得了,你们说呢? |
[08:53] | It’s not like Batman, where there’s three crooks in the city… | 又不是《蝙蝠侠》 整个城里只有三个小偷 |
[08:56] | …and everybody pretty much knows who they are. | 人人知道谁是小偷 |
[09:01] | Very few crooks go to the trouble… | 甚至少数小偷都懒得 |
[09:03] | …to come up with a theme for their careers anymore. | 去给他们的职业想个主题 |
[09:07] | It makes them a lot tougher to spot. | 这加剧了侦查的难度 |
[09:09] | “Did you lose a Sony? It could be The Penguin. | “你丢了一台索尼吗? 可能是企鹅偷的… (企鹅:《蝙蝠侠归来》中的人物) |
[09:14] | I think we can round him up. | 我想我们该把他抓起来 |
[09:16] | He’s dressed like a penguin. | 他穿得像企鹅! |
[09:18] | We can find him. He’s a penguin.” | 我们能抓住他,他是企鹅!” |
[09:30] | Well, come on. | 哦,快看看… |
[09:34] | This is an apartment. This is a home. | 这才像个公寓,像个家! |
[09:39] | This is a place to live. | 这才是人住的地方… |
[09:42] | A fireplace! | 哇!壁炉,不是开玩笑吧!这能用吗? |
[09:44] | Are you kidding me? Does this work? | |
[09:46] | I didn’t know there was a fireplace. A fireplace! That’s incredible. | 我都不知道有个壁炉 是壁炉呢,真难以置信 |
[09:50] | – How do you get all that wood in here? – They deliver. | – 你要怎么把木柴搬进来? – 快递啊 |
[09:52] | – They deliver wood? – Yeah. | – 还能快递木柴? – 是啊 |
[09:55] | What do you tip a wood guy? | 你怎么给“送木柴的”小费? |
[09:58] | – I didn’t know there was a fireplace. – Look. Look, look at this. | 我不知道这儿有壁炉啊? 看!快…快看这儿! |
[10:02] | – There’s a garden. – A garden? | – 有个花园 – 花园! |
[10:04] | I can’t believe there’s a garden. | 不敢相信这儿竟然有个花园! |
[10:06] | – Would I have to get a gardener? – Yeah, you can get a gardener. | 我是不是还得请个园丁? 当然,你可以请个园丁 |
[10:09] | – You tip him? – You can. | – 也给他小费? – 可以啊 |
[10:11] | You don’t tip a gardener. | – 干吗给园丁小费! |
[10:13] | – You can tip a gardener. – You don’t need a gardener. | – 当然可以给园丁小费 要园丁干吗? |
[10:17] | Jerry, you can barbecue back here. | 杰瑞,你可以在这儿烧烤 |
[10:19] | They deliver the coal? | 煤能快递吗? |
[10:21] | Sure. It’s probably the same guy who delivers the wood. | 当然… 说不定…和送木柴的是同一个家伙 |
[10:24] | Oh, then I gotta tip him. | 哦,那我得给他小费了 |
[10:27] | Oh, man, this place is incredible. | 哦,该死,这地方太好了! |
[10:30] | Look at all this great light. | 看看,多好的采光啊! |
[10:31] | – I don’t have any plants. – I have plants. | 我没有什么盆栽 我有啊 |
[10:37] | Jerry, look at this closet. | 杰瑞,来看看这个壁橱!快看! |
[10:39] | Look at this. I’m walking in it. It’s a walk-in. | 我走进来了! |
[10:43] | Can you believe it? I’m nuts about this. What do you think? | 我能“走进来”呢,你能相信吗? 我太喜欢这里了,你觉得呢?! |
[10:50] | I like that. | 这我倒喜欢的 |
[10:59] | – What do you think, George? – It’s your decision. | – 你怎么看,乔治? – 看你的决定了 |
[11:24] | I’m taking it. I’m taking the place. I’m gonna take it. | 我要了,我要这地方,我打算租这里 |
[11:26] | This is gonna be my new place. I’m living here. | 这儿将会是我的新家 |
[11:29] | – I’m moving. – You’re moving? | 我将住在这里…我要搬家了 |
[11:30] | That means I’m moving. | 你要搬家?也就是说我也要搬家了 |
[11:33] | Gee, is that incredible? | 天哪!你说是不是难以置信? |
[11:36] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[11:42] | – What about the couch? – You like the couch? | – 那沙发呢? – 你喜欢这沙发? |
[11:44] | – Tell you what I’m gonna do. – What? | – 让我来告诉你我打算怎么做 – 怎么做? |
[11:46] | You’re moving in, you’re a good friend. I wanna start you off on the right foot. | 你就要搬进来了,还是我的好朋友 我希望你能有个崭新的开始 |
[11:50] | Give me… | 给我…150美元吧 |
[11:53] | …a hundred and fifty dollars. | 现在就把它搬走,搬到门外去 |
[11:56] | – In fact, get it out of here right now. – Excuse me. | 我都不想再看到它 快,快搬出去 |
[12:01] | A hundred and fifty dollars? For what? For this couch? | 150美元?你要价150美元? |
[12:04] | – Yeah. – For this couch? | – 就这破沙发? – 是啊! 这个破沙发?! |
[12:07] | Okay, you tell me. What is it worth? | 好吧,那你说,它值多少? |
[12:10] | Okay… | 我想想,呃… |
[12:13] | I tell you what. | 我跟你说… |
[12:16] | I could go as high as… | 我可以出到… |
[12:19] | I don’t know. Maybe… | 我不知道,大概…20美元? |
[12:21] | …twenty dollars? | |
[12:26] | – Yeah? – Yeah, it’s George. | – 谁啊? – 是我,乔治 |
[12:28] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[12:33] | Forget it, I’m gonna take it with me. I’ll just pack up the cushions… | 哦,好吧,算了,我打算留着它… – |
[12:36] | Okay. Okay, you win. $40. | 我现在就把垫子打包… – |
[12:40] | You wanna help me get it in the hall? | 好好好,算你厉害,40美元好了 能帮我抬一下那头儿吗? 我打算把它搬到走廊去 |
[12:42] | – Fifty dollars, okay? Is that all right? – Fifty dollars? | 50美元,好吗?50美元,满意了? – 50美元? – 嗯 |
[12:46] | – Thank you very much. | – 成交!谢谢! – 谢谢你! – Thank you very much. |
[12:49] | Hey. What’s going on? | – 嗨,怎么了? |
[12:51] | I just bought Jerry’s couch for $50. | – 我刚用50美元买下了杰瑞的沙发 |
[12:54] | So did you bring the lease? | 你带租约了吗? |
[12:59] | Okay. | 好的,天哪,三年,看起来很漫长嘛 |
[13:01] | Gee, three years. That kind of seems like a long time. | 哦,杰瑞,杰瑞,杰瑞,杰瑞 |
[13:04] | Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. | 杰瑞,听着 |
[13:05] | Listen, if you are feeling uncomfortable about this at all, at all… | 如果,如果你很不,非常不情愿的话 |
[13:10] | …do not feel like you have to take it. | 你不必觉得非要租下那个公寓 |
[13:12] | – Why? – If you’re having second thoughts… | 为什么? |
[13:16] | …if you didn’t want it… | 如果你犹豫了,不想租那儿了 |
[13:17] | …don’t worry about it, because, you know, I… | 别担心,因为,你知道,我,我… |
[13:21] | I could take it. | 我可以接手的 |
[13:24] | You could take it? You want it? | 你接手?你想要租那里吗? |
[13:27] | No, I don’t want it. I want it if you don’t want it. | 不,不想,你不要了我才要 |
[13:30] | So you do want it. | 也就是你想租那里 |
[13:32] | I want it if you don’t want it. | 不,我,你不要了我才要! |
[13:34] | – You just said you wanted it. – No, I’m saying if a situation arose… | 你刚刚说了,你想要那儿! |
[13:39] | …in which you didn’t want it, I might take it. | 不,我说的是,如果情况发展到 你不想要那里的话,我可能就要了 |
[13:42] | – So take it. – How can I take it? | 那给你好了 |
[13:43] | – How can I take it? – It’s your apartment. | 我怎么能要?! – 我又怎么能要? – 这是你的公寓! |
[13:45] | How can I want it now, if you want it? | 现在你想要,我又怎么能夺人所好? |
[13:48] | Excuse me. I don’t mean to cause any trouble… | 抱歉打扰一下,我不是想添麻烦 |
[13:50] | …but, George, if you take it, can I take your place? | 但是乔治,要是你租了那里 我能租下你现在的公寓吗? |
[13:55] | Yes, but I am not taking it. | 可以,但是我不会租那儿的 |
[13:57] | I am not taking it. | 我…不想租了 |
[14:00] | Well, one of you better damn well take it. | 我不管 你们两个必须有一个给我租下来! |
[14:02] | – Well, what do you wanna do here? – I don’t know. | 那你现在打算怎么办? |
[14:05] | You wanna flip a coin? | 我,我不知道 要不要扔硬币决定? |
[14:08] | Who flips? | 谁扔? |
[14:10] | – You flip, I’ll call. – Okay, fine. | – 你扔,我说 |
[14:13] | – All right. All right. – This is the official flip. | – 好,可以… 这是一次正式的硬币投掷! |
[14:16] | No crying, no guilt. Winner takes all and that’s it. Agreed? | 不得哭闹,不得作弊,胜者为大,同意? |
[14:20] | – I’m good. – I don’t know who to root for. | 同意 |
[14:22] | George’s place has carpeting. | 我都不知道该祈祷谁赢 乔治的公寓有地毯 |
[14:25] | – All right. Now, you call it in the air. – No catching. | 好,硬币在空中的时候你选一面 |
[14:28] | – No, no. – All right, flip it. | – 不许去接硬币 – 好,好 |
[14:29] | Heads! | 扔吧,正面朝上! |
[14:34] | – Tails. – No, it hit the table. | 反面朝上! 不行,硬币撞到桌子了,撞桌子了 |
[14:36] | – So what? – Interference. You can’t count that. | – 那又怎么样? |
[14:39] | Come on, are you crazy? The coin cannot touch anything. | – 干扰啊! |
[14:42] | – It affects it. – You didn’t call “no interference.” | 这怎么能算!得了吧,你疯了吗? 硬币不得碰触任何物体,会影响结果! 你刚才又没说不能有干扰! |
[14:44] | You don’t have to call it. That’s a rule! | 这不用特意说出来!这是规矩! |
[14:46] | – I don’t believe this. – All right. Fine, Jerry. | 难以置信 |
[14:49] | – You win. Take it, just take it. – I don’t wanna win it like this. | 哦哦哦,好吧,算了,杰瑞,算你赢 那公寓给你了,给你了行吗?! |
[14:53] | Elaine, what do you think? | 我不想赢得这么不光彩! 伊莲,你说呢? |
[14:57] | I better not. | 我还是不… |
[15:02] | I’ll tell you what, I’ll choose you for it. | 这么着吧,我们猜拳决定 |
[15:04] | Straight choose, three takes it. No disputes. | 直接猜拳,公寓归赢三的人 不得争辩… |
[15:07] | That’s it. You gotta win three. | 就这样了,你得赢到三 |
[15:10] | Okay. | 好吧… |
[15:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:16] | I’ll choose you. | 我们来猜拳… |
[15:20] | – What do you want? – Odds. | 你要什么? |
[15:22] | – I want evens. – Good. | – 奇数 – 我选偶数 很好 |
[15:26] | – You got odds. – You got evens. | 你是奇数 – |
[15:28] | Right. | 你是偶数 – |
[15:30] | – Ready. – For the apartment. | 好,准备好 为了公寓! |
[15:33] | – Once, twice, three, shoot! – Mine! | 一,二,三,出拳! |
[15:35] | – Once, twice, three, shoot. – Mine! | 我赢! 一,二,三,出拳! 我赢! |
[15:43] | – Once, twice, three, shoot! – Mine! | 一,二,三,出拳! |
[15:45] | Once, twice, three, shoot! | 我赢! 一,二,三,出拳! |
[15:52] | Congratulations. | – 恭喜…恭喜你 |
[15:54] | – Congratulations. – Thanks. | – 谢谢 |
[15:56] | I’m just gonna wash… | 我得去… 我干吗要出这个? 我干吗要出这个? |
[16:00] | Why did I put out two? | Why did I put out two?! |
[16:05] | Jerry? I think I’m on to something. | 杰瑞,我想我查到点什么了 |
[16:08] | I think I found your stuff. | 我想我找到你的东西了 |
[16:10] | You know the Englishman who lives down the hall? | – 你认识那个英国人,走廊尽头那个? – 认识啊 |
[16:12] | The last couple days, he’s been acting very strange. | 前两天他一直举止怪异 |
[16:15] | – I think he’s avoiding me. – Hard to imagine. | 我想他是在躲着我 |
[16:17] | Yeah, and get this. I just got off the elevator with him and I tested him. | – 很难想像啊 – 是啊! |
[16:21] | I tested him, like, this is what I said, like this. I went: | 听我说,我刚和他一起搭电梯 我试探了他,像这样… 我是这么和他说的 我就像,像这样,我说: |
[16:25] | “Oh, by the way, I know about the stuff.” | “哦,顺便说下,我知道东西的事” |
[16:29] | You know, very casual so he’ll take me into his confidence. | 你知道,像很随意地 这样他就不会设防 |
[16:32] | – So, what did he say? – “What stuff?” | – 那他怎么说? |
[16:37] | – Case closed. – No, no. You don’t understand. | – “什么东西?” 哦,结案了! |
[16:39] | See, he swallowed. See, the guy, he swallowed. | 不,你不明白,知道吗,他咽了口口水… 看到没,那家伙咽了口水 |
[16:43] | Oh, he was nervous about something. | 哦,他很紧张! |
[16:47] | Now, I’m gonna go over there. I’m gonna borrow some tea. | 现在,我要去找他 我假装去跟他借点… |
[16:50] | If I don’t get back in five minutes, you better call the police. | 如果五分钟内我没有回来的话 你们最好报警 |
[16:53] | Okay. Starting now! | – 好吧,计时…开始! |
[16:56] | Yeah. | – 好! |
[17:01] | One problem in life is… | 人生的一大问题是,当你还是个孩子 |
[17:02] | …as a kid, you have a certain way of working out disagreements. | 你有自己一套解决分歧的方法… |
[17:05] | And those laws do not work in the adult world. | 这些规则不适用于成人的世界 |
[17:08] | One of the main ways that kids resolve any dispute is by calling it. | 孩子解决争辩主要方法是口头宣布 |
[17:12] | One of them says, ” I got the front seat.” ” I wanted it.” ” I called it.” | 一个孩子说:“我要坐在前排” “我才要坐在前排!”“我口头宣布了” |
[17:17] | And the other kid knows he’s got nothing to say. | 另一个孩子就知道自己无话可说了 |
[17:20] | “He called it. What can I do?” | “他都口头宣布了,我还能怎样?” |
[17:22] | If there was a kid court of law, it holds up. | 如果存在“儿童法庭” 就会变成这样: |
[17:24] | “Your Honour, my client did ask for the front seat.” | “法官大人 我的委托人请求了前排座位”… |
[17:30] | And the judge would go, “Did he call it?” | 法官就会问:“他口头宣布了吗?” |
[17:32] | “Well, no, he didn’t call it.” Bang. “He has to call it. Case closed. | “没有,他没有进行口头宣布…” 崩!“他必须进行口头宣布,结案… |
[17:36] | Objection overruled.” | 反对无效” |
[17:40] | I love the mirror in that bathroom. | 我喜欢那厕所的镜子! |
[17:42] | I don’t know what in the hell it is, I look terrific in that mirror. | 我都不知道镜子里究竟有什么 我在那镜子里看起来很棒 |
[17:45] | I don’t know if it’s the tile or the lighting. | 不知道是瓷砖的缘故还是因为光线… |
[17:48] | I feel like Robert Wagner in there. | 我觉得自己像罗伯特・瓦格纳 (罗伯特・瓦格纳,好莱坞的 著名英俊小生,“俏丽甜心” 娜塔丽・伍德的丈夫) |
[17:52] | It’s a good mirror. | 真是面好镜子… |
[17:55] | – What are you getting? – I don’t know. | 那么,你吃什么? |
[17:57] | What can you eat? You can’t have anything anymore. | 我不知道,我不能吃… 你,你说还能吃什么? |
[18:00] | Look at this, look at this. Eggs, out. Coffee, out. | 看看这菜单:鸡蛋?不行!咖啡?不行! |
[18:03] | French fries, out. BLT, out. | 炸薯条?不行!火腿三明治?不行… |
[18:08] | I visit my grandparents, they’re eating big brisket sandwiches. | 我去拜访祖父母 |
[18:11] | I’m sitting there with a carrot. | 能吃到三大个胸肉三明治 而在这却得吃胡萝卜! |
[18:13] | They’re closing in on 100, I’m saying to them, “How can you eat that stuff?” | 他们就快一百了 我对他们说:“你们怎么吃得下那些?! |
[18:22] | I’m so sick about losing that choose. You don’t know. I… | 你不知道,输了那场猜拳我有多难受 |
[18:25] | All right. Forget it. Forget it. I’m not taking the place. | 哦,好吧,行了,行了 我不要那地方了! |
[18:28] | – What? – How can I live there? | – 什么?! – 我怎么能住在那里面? |
[18:31] | – Why not? – You’re still thinking about it. | 为什么不能? 看看你,你还在介怀 |
[18:33] | – I’ll never feel comfortable. – Oh, get out of here. | 我永远不可能住得舒服 哦,得了 |
[18:35] | How can I ever have you over? You’ll sit there moping. | 我还能请你来我家吗? 你会闷闷不乐地坐在那儿 |
[18:38] | – I won’t mope. – You’re already moping. | – 闷闷不乐? – 你已经在闷闷不乐了!… |
[18:41] | – Would you take the place? – No. Impossible. It’s your apartment. | – 你就不能租下那地方吗? – 不,不可能!这是你的公寓 |
[18:45] | – You found the place. – You won the choose. | – 你找到的! – 你赢了的! |
[18:48] | All right. Forget it. I’m not moving. | – 好吧,算了,我不搬家了 |
[18:50] | Well, me neither. | – 那我也不搬 |
[18:52] | – Definitely? – Definitely. | – 确定? – 确定 |
[18:55] | All right, then, just get rid of it. You won’t have any problem. | 哦,那就忘了吧,没问题了 |
[18:58] | No, it’s not a problem. I can get rid of the apartment this afternoon. | 是的,没问题 下午我就可以把公寓推掉 |
[19:02] | What apartment? | 什么公寓? |
[19:03] | Oh, it’s a great place. It’s a two-bedroom… | 哦,是个好地方,是“双卧室” |
[19:06] | …West 83rd, half-block from the park. | 在上东区西83街上,离公园只有半条街 |
[19:08] | What’s the rent? | 租金多少? |
[19:21] | I hate housewarmings. What are we doing here? This is ridiculous. | 那女招待买下来了! 我都不知道我们在这干吗,太可笑了 |
[19:24] | She wanted to thank us for the apartment. | 她想感谢我们帮她买下这间公寓 |
[19:28] | I can’t believe I lost the deposit on that U-Haul… | 不敢相信我竟然损失了卡车的保证金 |
[19:33] | …and I threw out my couch. | 我还把旧沙发给扔了 要是硬币没撞到桌子就好了 |
[19:37] | – If only the coin hadn’t hit the table. – The table is interference, you know it. | 桌子干扰了硬币,你知道的! – |
[19:42] | – It is not. – It is too. | 没有! – 是的! |
[19:44] | My roommate starts rehearsal tonight on Carousel. | 我室友今晚开始在卡鲁塞尔彩排了 |
[19:49] | – Hi. – Oh, hi, Carol. | – 你们好 – 你好,卡罗莱 |
[19:52] | I just wanted to introduce you to my husband. This is Larry. | 我来介绍,这是我丈夫,拉里 |
[19:55] | This is George, Elaine and Jerry. | 他们是乔治,伊莲和杰瑞 |
[19:59] | These are the guys who got us the apartment. | 是他们帮我们买到这间公寓的 |
[20:02] | You don’t know how grateful I am. | 哦,你们不知道我有多感激你们 |
[20:04] | If there’s anything I can do to repay you… | 我都不知道该怎么回报你们 |
[20:06] | – We’re just so thrilled with this place. – It’s a dream. | 我的意思是,这地方太棒了 简直是梦想成真 |
[20:09] | I’m running in the park, I’ve lost weight… | 我现在在公园跑步,还减了肥 |
[20:11] | …we’re barbecuing every night. And the rent is unbelievable. | 我们每晚都烧烤 而且租金好得不可思议 |
[20:18] | We’re really glad for you. | 我们真的很为你们高兴 |
[20:21] | Couldn’t be happier. | 再高兴不过了 |
[20:23] | It’s wonderful. | 好极了 |
[20:25] | Oh, Diane. Diane, come here. | 黛安,黛安,快过来 |
[20:28] | This is my new next-door neighbour, Diane. | 这是我的新邻居,黛安 |
[20:31] | These are the guys who turned this place down. Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗? 他们就是推掉了这公寓的人 |
[20:36] | Diane gave me the greatest back rub today. She’s a masseuse. | 黛安今天给我做了最棒的背部按摩 她是个按摩师! |
[20:42] | How could you guys have turned this place down? | 你们,你们怎么会推掉这个地方? |
[20:45] | It’s such a great location and it’s so close to the park. | 这里地理位置这么好 而且…还离公园这么近 |
[20:50] | We’re aware of the proximity to the park. | 我们知道这里和公园靠得很近 |
[20:54] | Well, it was nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[20:58] | Nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:09] | How late are the stores open? I’m thinking of maybe buying a new TV… | 商店晚上开到几点?我在想,也许 |
[21:13] | …and smashing it over my head. | 该去买台电视,然后砸在自己脑袋上 |
[21:16] | So I get a call from Gilmore this morning. | 今早我接了个吉尔莫家的电话 |
[21:18] | They’re restructuring the organization in Atlanta. I gotta be there on the 1 st. | 他们打算改组亚特兰大的公司 我得在月头就赶去那里 |
[21:23] | Really? What about your apartment? | 真的吗? |
[21:24] | What can I do? I’ll give it up. | 那你的公寓怎么办? 能怎么办?只能不要了 |
[21:26] | What’s the rent? | 租金多少? |