| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | I’m always in traffic with the lane expert. | 我总是和选道专家一起塞车 | 
| [00:05] | Do you know this type of person? Constantly re-evaluating… | 你知道这类人吗? 总是不停筛选 | 
| [00:08] | …their lane choice. Never quite sure: | 他们的车道,总是不确定 | 
| [00:12] | ” Is this the best lane for me, for my life?” | “对我的人生来说,这是最好的车道吗?” | 
| [00:15] | They’re always a little bit ahead. ” Can I get in over there? | 他们总是超前一点 “我能到那边去吗? | 
| [00:18] | Can I get ahead of you?” | 我能到你前面去吗?” | 
| [00:19] | Yeah, come on over here, pal. We’re zooming over here. | 好,来这边吧,兄弟 我们这边走得快 | 
| [00:22] | This is the secret lane, nobody knows about it. | 这是一条秘密车道 没人知道的哦 | 
| [00:25] | The ultimate… I think the ultimate psychological test of traffic… | 最终极的…我认为最终极的 交通心理测验… | 
| [00:28] | …is the total dead stop. Not even rolling… | 就是道路塞死了,车子动都不动 | 
| [00:31] | …and you look out the window, you see gum clearly. | 你向窗外望去 可以清楚看到扔掉的口香糖 | 
| [00:35] | But we know that in the future, traffic will get even worse than that. | 但我我们很清楚以后的交通会更糟糕 | 
| [00:39] | What will happen? Will it start moving backwards? Is that possible? | 那该会怎样? 要倒退着开车吗?可能吗? | 
| [00:42] | That someday we’ll be going, ” Boy, this is some really bad traffic now. | 某天我们会这样 “这交通真糟糕啊” | 
| [00:47] | This is really bad. | “真糟糕” | 
| [00:50] | I’m gonna try and get off, and get back on going the other way.” | “我要离开这条道 回去上另外一条” | 
| [00:59] | – She can’t kill me, right? – No, of course not. | – 她不会杀了我吧? – 不,当然不会 | 
| [01:02] | – People break up all the time. – Every day. | – 谁不分手啊 – 每天都有 | 
| [01:04] | It just didn’t work out. What can I do? | 可是不管用啊,我能怎么办呢? | 
| [01:06] | I wanted to love her. I tried to love her. I couldn’t. | 我曾经想要爱她 我试过去爱她,可是不行啊 | 
| [01:09] | You tried. | 你试过了 | 
| [01:10] | I’d be looking at her face, I’d go, ” Come on. Love her. Love her.” | 我会看着她的脸,对自己说 “来吧,爱她,爱她” | 
| [01:14] | – Did you tell her you loved her? – I had no choice. | – 你有告诉她你爱过她吗? – 我没别的选择了 | 
| [01:16] | She squeezed it out of me. | 她逼我说的 | 
| [01:18] | She’d tell me she loved me. All right, so at first, I’d just look at her. | 她告诉我她爱我,好 所以开始的时候,我就看着她 | 
| [01:22] | I’d go, “Oh, really?” | 我会说“噢,真的吗?” | 
| [01:25] | Or, ” Boy, that’s… That’s something.” | 或者是,“这,这还真有意思” | 
| [01:29] | But eventually, you have to come back with: | 但是最后,你还是要说 | 
| [01:31] | “Well, I love you.” You know, you can only hold out for so long. | “呃,我爱你” 你也只能坚持这么久了 | 
| [01:34] | – You’re a human being. – I didn’t even ask her out. | – 你也是个正常人 – 我甚至都没有约过她 | 
| [01:37] | She asked me out first. She called me up. | 她先约我出去,她打电话给我 | 
| [01:39] | What was I supposed to do, say no? I can’t do that to someone. | 我能怎样,拒绝她吗? 我不能这样对人家 | 
| [01:42] | – You’re too nice a guy. – I am. I’m a nice guy. | – 你太善良了 – 对,我就是太善良了 | 
| [01:46] | And then she seduced me. | 然后她就开始诱惑我 | 
| [01:48] | We’re in my apartment, I’m on the couch, she’s on the chair. | 我们一起在我家 我在沙发上,她坐椅子 | 
| [01:51] | I get up to go to the bathroom, I come back… | 我起来去厕所,然后回来 | 
| [01:53] | …she’s on the couch. | 她就做在沙发上了 | 
| [01:55] | What am I supposed to do? Not do anything? | 我能怎么办呢?什么都不做吗? | 
| [01:57] | I couldn’t. I would’ve insulted her. | 不行,我不能侮辱她 | 
| [01:59] | – You’re flesh and blood. – I had nothing to do with any of this. | – 你也是血气方刚的男子汉 – 可是都不是我的错啊 | 
| [02:02] | I met all her friends. | 我见了她所有朋友 | 
| [02:04] | I didn’t want to meet them. I kept trying to avoid it. | 我不想见他们,我想尽量避免 | 
| [02:07] | I knew it would only get me in deeper. | 但我知道这只会让我更深陷泥潭 | 
| [02:09] | But they were everywhere. They kept popping up all over the place. | 但是他们无处不在 他们随时随地出现 | 
| [02:12] | “This is Nancy, Susan, Amy, my cousin, my brother, my father.” | “这是南希、苏珊、阿美 我表弟、我哥哥、我爸爸” | 
| [02:15] | – It’s like I’m in quicksand here. – I told you when I met her. | – 我就像陷进了流沙 – 我见她的时候我就跟你说了 | 
| [02:18] | My back is killing me. | 我脊背好不舒服 | 
| [02:21] | You gotta go to my chiropractor. He’s the best. | 你得去看看我的脊背按摩师 他真的很棒 | 
| [02:23] | – Everybody’s guy is the best. – I’ll make an appointment for you. | – 大家的都是最棒的 – 我会帮你预定 | 
| [02:26] | – We’ll go together. – Please, they don’t do anything. | – 我们一起去 – 拜托,他们啥都不干的 | 
| [02:29] | Do I have to break up with her in person? Can’t I do it over the phone? | 我要当面跟她说分手吗? 我能在电话里说吗? | 
| [02:33] | – I have no stomach for these things. – Do it like a Band-Aid. | – 我对这些不感冒 – 要像撕创可贴一样 | 
| [02:36] | One motion, right off! | 就一下子,干净利落! | 
| [02:39] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 你好 – 你好 | 
| [02:42] | – What are you doing? – I’m letting you in. | – 你们在干什么? – 我让你进来 | 
| [02:44] | No, I don’t want to sit in back. I’ll be left out of the conversation. | 不,我不要坐后座 那样我就被你们的对话排斥在外了 | 
| [02:48] | – No, you won’t. – Yes, I will, George. | – 不,不会的 – 是的,会的,乔治 | 
| [02:49] | I’ll have to stick my chin on top of the seat. | 我要得抬起下巴听你们说话 | 
| [02:52] | – Okay. – Why can’t you sit in the middle? | – 好 – 你怎么不坐中间? | 
| [02:55] | Please. It doesn’t look good. Boy, boy, girl. | 拜托,这样看上去不太好吧 男、男、女 | 
| [02:58] | I think you’re afraid to sit next to a man. | 我觉得你好像害怕坐在男人旁边 | 
| [03:00] | You’re a little homophobic, aren’t you? | 你有点同性恋倾向,对不? | 
| [03:03] | Is it that obvious? | 有很明显吗? | 
| [03:06] | – Hello, Jerry. – Hello. | – 你好,杰瑞 – 你好 | 
| [03:08] | – Did you get a haircut? – Nope. Shower. | – 你剪头发了? – 没有,是洗澡了 | 
| [03:10] | So where are we eating? | 我们去哪里吃东西? | 
| [03:12] | Tell me if you think this is strange. There’s this guy… | 你们说这事奇不奇怪 有个这样的人 | 
| [03:15] | …who lives in my building who I was introduced to a couple years ago. | 和我住在同一栋房子里 是一对夫妇介绍我们认识的 | 
| [03:18] | He’s a teacher or something. | 他是做老师之类的工作吧 | 
| [03:21] | Anyway, after we met, whenever we’d run into each other in the street… | 反正,我们见过之后 不管我们是在街上碰到 | 
| [03:24] | …or in the lobby, or whatever… | 或者是在图书馆,或者某处 | 
| [03:26] | …we would stop and chat a little bit. Nothing much. Little pleasantries. | 我们会停下来聊一会 不多,就一些打趣的话 | 
| [03:29] | He’s a nice guy. He’s got a family. | 他是个好人,有个家庭 | 
| [03:31] | Then after a while, I noticed there was… | 过了不久之后,我就发现 | 
| [03:33] | …no more stopping, just saying hello and continuing on our way. | 我们不会停下来,只会打招呼 然后继续走 | 
| [03:38] | And then the verbal hellos stopped… | 然后就连招呼都不打了 | 
| [03:40] | …and we just went into these little sort of nods of recognition. | 我们就只点点头 | 
| [03:44] | So fine, I figure, that’s where this relationship is finally gonna settle. | 没关系,我觉得 通常这种关系就是会变成这样 | 
| [03:48] | Polite nodding. | 礼貌地点头 | 
| [03:50] | Then one day… | 然后某天 | 
| [03:52] | …he doesn’t nod. | 他不点头了 | 
| [03:54] | Like I don’t exist? | 像我不存在一样? | 
| [03:55] | He went from nods to nothing. | 他从点头,到啥都不做 | 
| [03:59] | Now there’s this intense animosity whenever we pass. | 现在当我们经过对方的时候 就有种敌意的氛围 | 
| [04:03] | I mean, it’s like we really hate each other. It’s based on nothing. | 就像我们真的恨对方,没有任何原因 | 
| [04:06] | A relationship is an organism. | 人与人之间的关系就像器官 | 
| [04:08] | You created this thing… | 你创造了它 | 
| [04:09] | …and then you starved it, so it turned against you. | 你让它饿肚子,它就反过来报复你 | 
| [04:13] | Same thing happened in The Blob. | 《魔点》里就是这么演的 | 
| [04:15] | I think you absolutely have to say something to this guy. Confront him. | 我觉得你应该跟这个男的说点什么 面对他 | 
| [04:18] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的吗? – 对 | 
| [04:19] | – Would you do that? – If I was a different person. | – 你会这么做吗? – 除非我不是我 “前女友” | 
| [04:24] | Hello? | 你好? | 
| [04:26] | Hello, is Glen there? | 你好,请问格兰在吗? | 
| [04:28] | I’m sorry. Is this 805-555-3234? | 对不起 请问你这里是805-555-3234吗? | 
| [04:32] | Yes, I know I have the wrong number. I want to know if I dialled wrong or… | 是,我想我是打错了 我想问是我拨错了,还是… | 
| [04:37] | Why do people do that? | 这些人怎么这样? | 
| [04:45] | Come on up. | 上来吧 | 
| [04:48] | Oh, it’s you again. See? | 噢,又是你啊,看吧? | 
| [04:50] | If you’d answered me, I wouldn’t have had to do this. | 如果你回答我,我就需要这样了 | 
| [04:52] | That’s two long-distance calls I’ve made to you. Why can’t you…? | 我已经给打了两个长途了 为什么你就不能…? | 
| [04:56] | Why? Why do they just hang up like that? | 为什么 为什么他们就这样挂掉电话? | 
| [04:58] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 | 
| [05:04] | – Taste this. – No, I just had a sandwich. | – 尝尝这个 – 不用了,我刚吃了三文治 | 
| [05:06] | – No, taste it. – I don’t want cantaloupe now. | – 不,你试试 – 我现在不想吃哈密瓜 | 
| [05:08] | – You never had it like this before. – I only eat cantaloupe… | – 你从来没尝过这样的哈密瓜 – 我只吃哈密瓜… | 
| [05:11] | – Jerry, this is great cantaloupe. – All right. | – 杰瑞,这真是个好哈密瓜 – 好吧 | 
| [05:17] | – It’s very good. It’s good. – It’s good, huh? | – 真不错 – 不错吧 | 
| [05:19] | I got it at Joe’s, 49 cents a pound. | 我在乔那里买的,四毛九一磅 | 
| [05:23] | That’s practically half than what you pay at the supermarket. | 跟你在超市买比起来,就是半价 | 
| [05:25] | I don’t know why you don’t go to Joe’s. | 我不懂你为什么不去乔那里买 | 
| [05:27] | It’s too far. | 太远了 | 
| [05:31] | It’s three blocks further. You could use my shopping cart. | 就多走三个路口而已 你可以用我的购物车 | 
| [05:35] | I’m not pulling a shopping cart. | 我才不要推购物车 | 
| [05:37] | Am I supposed to wear a kerchief… | 难道我该围块围巾… | 
| [05:38] | …put stockings on rolled below my knee? | …把长筒袜卷到膝盖下面? | 
| [05:40] | The other thing is, if you don’t like anything… | 还有个好处,如果你有什么不喜欢 | 
| [05:43] | …he takes it back. – I don’t return fruit. | – 他会接受退货 – 我不会退水果 | 
| [05:46] | Fruit’s a gamble. | 买水果就是赌博 | 
| [05:47] | I know that going in. | 我知道这种情况 | 
| [05:58] | I did it! It’s over. | 我做到了!一切都结束了 | 
| [05:59] | – You did it? What happened? – I told her, in the kitchen. | – 你做到了?发生什么事了? – 我跟她说了,在厨房里面 | 
| [06:02] | Which was risky, because it’s near all the knives. | 其实这样很危险 因为厨房到处都是刀 | 
| [06:06] | I started with the word ” listen.” I said: | 我先说“你听着”,我说 | 
| [06:09] | ” Listen, Marlene.” The next thing I know, I’m in the middle of it. | “听着,玛琳”接着,我就开始说了 | 
| [06:12] | There’s this voice inside me going, “You’re doing it.” | 我里面有个声音跟我说 “你做到了,你做到了” | 
| [06:15] | Then she started to cry, and I weakened a little bit. | 然后她开始哭 然后我就弱下来一点 | 
| [06:19] | I almost relented, but the voice, Jerry, the voice said: | 我几乎要融化了,但那声音 杰瑞,那声音在说 | 
| [06:21] | ” Keep going. Keep going. You’re almost out.” | “继续,继续,你快要胜利了” | 
| [06:24] | It’s like I was making a prison break. | 我就像在越狱一样 | 
| [06:26] | I’m heading for the wall. | 我在翻墙 | 
| [06:27] | And I trip and twist my ankle and they throw that light on you. You know? | 我跑着摔到膝盖了 然后他们用灯照着我,你懂吗? | 
| [06:32] | Somehow I get through the crying and I keep running. | 反正我熬过了她哭,然后继续前进 | 
| [06:36] | Then the cursing started. | 诅咒就开始了 | 
| [06:38] | She’s firing at me from the guard towers. | 她站在观望塔上向我扫射 | 
| [06:40] | “Son of a…” Bang! “Son of a…” Boom! | “混…” 嘭! “混…” 嘣! | 
| [06:42] | I get to the top of the wall, the front door… | 我爬到了墙边上,前门 | 
| [06:45] | …I open it up, I’m one foot away. | 我打开了,一只脚踏了出去 | 
| [06:47] | I take one last look around the penitentiary, and I jump! | 我回过头去最后看一眼这个牢笼 我跳了下去! | 
| [06:50] | See? Never as bad as you imagine. | 看到没? 其实也没你想得那么糟糕 | 
| [06:53] | I like that Marlene. | 我蛮喜欢那个玛琳的 | 
| [06:55] | What’s her number? | 她的电话是多少? | 
| [06:57] | Yeah, no, l… I don’t think so. | 呃,还是不要了吧 | 
| [07:01] | Could you stop that smacking? | 你别拍了行不? | 
| [07:03] | George, I want you to taste this cantaloupe. | 乔治,来尝尝这个哈密瓜 | 
| [07:05] | – No, thank you. – It’s the best cantaloupe I’ve had. | – 不要,谢谢 – 这是我吃过最好的哈密瓜 | 
| [07:08] | – No, really. – I’ll get you a piece. | – 没那么夸张 – 我给你拿一块 | 
| [07:10] | – Jerry, tell him how good it is. – Very good cantaloupe. | – 杰瑞,告诉他有多好吃 – 很棒的哈密瓜 | 
| [07:16] | So that’s it. You’re out. | 就没事啦,你逃出来了 | 
| [07:19] | Except for one small problem. | 除了一个小问题 | 
| [07:23] | I left some books in her apartment. | 我把几本书忘她家里了 | 
| [07:26] | So? Go get them. | 所以呢?去拿啊 | 
| [07:28] | No, I can’t go back there. Jerry, it’s so awkward. | 不,我不能回去 杰瑞,这样太别扭了 | 
| [07:31] | It could be dangerous, sexually. Something could happen. | 太危险了,就性来说 会出事的 | 
| [07:34] | I’d be right back where I started from. | 我会功亏一篑 | 
| [07:37] | So forget about the books. | 那就别要那几本书了 | 
| [07:38] | – Did you read them? – Well, yeah. | – 你会看吗? – 我会 | 
| [07:41] | What do you need them for? | 你要书干吗? | 
| [07:44] | I don’t know. They’re books. | 我不知道,就是书啊 | 
| [07:45] | What is this obsession people have with books? | 为什么人们老是要书? | 
| [07:48] | They put them in their houses like they’re trophies. | 他们把书放家里就像放战利品一样 | 
| [07:50] | What do you need it for after you read it? | 你读过了之后还要来干吗? | 
| [07:52] | They’re my books. | 那是我的书 | 
| [07:54] | So you want me to get the books, is that it? | 你是要我去帮你拿回来吗? | 
| [08:01] | So it must have been 95 degrees that night… | 那天晚上一定有华氏95度 | 
| [08:03] | …and everyone’s standing around the pool with little drinks in their hands. | 每个人都拿着一杯喝的站在泳池边上 | 
| [08:07] | I was wearing my old jeans and T-shirt. | 我穿着旧牛仔裤和T恤 | 
| [08:10] | I don’t know, I was just in one of those moods… | 我不知道,我就是有这种感觉… | 
| [08:13] | …so I said to myself, ” Marlene, just do it.” And I jumped in. | 所以我对自己说,“玛琳,你能行的” 接着我跳了下去 | 
| [08:18] | As I’m getting out, I feel all these eyes on me. | 当我出来的时候 就看到所有人都在看着我 | 
| [08:21] | So I look up, and everyone is just staring at me. | 我望上去,所有人都看着我 | 
| [08:26] | So, what did you do? | 那你怎么办? | 
| [08:28] | Well, nothing. It’s no skin off my hide if people like to look. | 呃,没什么 人们愿意看我也不会少层皮 | 
| [08:30] | I just didn’t see what the big attraction was. | 我不知道有啥好看的 | 
| [08:33] | Well, I have a general idea what it was. | 呃,我基本上知道是什么情况 | 
| [08:36] | I could take a guess. | 我能猜的到 | 
| [08:39] | Hey, you know, Jerry… | 你知道,杰瑞 | 
| [08:41] | …just because George and I don’t see each other… | 虽然我和乔治不在一起了 | 
| [08:43] | …doesn’t mean we shouldn’t stay friends. | 也不代表我们不可以继续做朋友 | 
| [08:47] | No. | 对 | 
| [08:49] | Good enough. I’m really glad we got that settled. | 很好,我很高兴你能明白 | 
| [08:54] | Great. | 好极了 | 
| [08:58] | I don’t know how this happened. | 我不知道这是怎么发生的 | 
| [08:59] | Jerry, it’s not my fault. | 杰瑞,这不是我的错 | 
| [09:02] | No, it’s not your fault. | 不,这不是你的错 | 
| [09:04] | ” Books, books, I need my books.” | “书,书,我要我的书” | 
| [09:08] | Have you reread those books yet, by the way? | 顺便说句,你重新读过了那些书吗? | 
| [09:12] | The great thing, when you read Moby Dick the second time… | 你知道第二次读《白鲸记》时 最棒的就是… | 
| [09:15] | …Ahab and the whale become good friends. | 亚哈和鲸成了好朋友 | 
| [09:19] | It’s not like Marlene’s a bad person or anything… | 也不是说玛琳这人有多糟糕 | 
| [09:22] | …but, my God, we’ve had three lunches and a movie… | 但,天哪 我们吃了三次午饭看了一场电影 | 
| [09:25] | …and she never stops calling. | 她就不停打给我 | 
| [09:27] | And it’s those meaningless, purposeless, blather calls. | 都是毫无意义又无聊的电话 | 
| [09:31] | She never asks if I’m busy or anything. | 她也从来不问我是不是在忙 | 
| [09:33] | I just pick up the phone and she’s in the middle of a sentence. | 我一拿起电话,她就在说事了 | 
| [09:37] | It’s standard. | 就是这样 | 
| [09:38] | Has she left you a message… | 她有没有给你留口讯 | 
| [09:40] | …where she uses up the whole machine? | 占满了你整个留言机 | 
| [09:42] | You know, sometimes she’ll go, ” Hello, Jerry?” | 有时候,她会说“你好吗,杰瑞?” | 
| [09:47] | And I’ll go, “Oh, hi, Marlene.” | 我就说“你好,玛琳” | 
| [09:50] | And then it’s, “Jerry… | 然后就是,“杰瑞…” | 
| [09:52] | …I don’t know sometimes.” – ” Know sometimes.” | – “…有时我真不知是怎么了” – “…我真不知是怎么了” | 
| [09:55] | What about trying to get off the phone? | 试着挂电话呢? | 
| [09:59] | You can’t. It’s impossible. | 不,不行,不可能 | 
| [10:01] | There’s no break in the conversation where you can go: | 谈话中没有间隙让你说 | 
| [10:05] | “All right, then.” | “那,好吧” | 
| [10:06] | You know, it just goes on and on without a break in the wall. | 你知道,她就在不停的说 一点插嘴的机会也没有 | 
| [10:10] | I mean, I’ve gotta put a stop to this. | 我说,我得了结这一切 | 
| [10:13] | Just do it like a Band-Aid. One motion. Right off! | 像撕创可贴一样 一下子撕开,干净利落! | 
| [10:18] | She is sexy, though. | 不过,她很性感 | 
| [10:19] | – Don’t you think? – Yeah. | – 你不觉得吗? – 对 | 
| [10:22] | Yeah, she is. | 对,她很性感 | 
| [10:25] | – Mr. Costanza? – Yeah? | – 克斯坦萨先生? – 在 | 
| [10:27] | The doctor will see you now. | 医生现在可以见你 | 
| [10:29] | Yeah. ” Doctor.” | 对,“医生” | 
| [10:35] | I’m gonna have to wait in that little room all by myself, aren’t I? | 我得只身一人在小房间里等,对吧? | 
| [10:39] | I better take this. | 我最好带上这个 | 
| [10:41] | I hate the little room. | 我讨厌小房间 | 
| [10:43] | Oh, hello, doctor. | 哦,你好,医生 | 
| [10:47] | Waiting room. I hate when they make you wait in the room. | 候诊室,他们让你在屋里等是很讨厌的 | 
| [10:50] | Because it says waiting room. | 因为是候诊室 | 
| [10:52] | There’s no chance of not waiting… | 不可能不等 | 
| [10:54] | …because they call it the waiting room. They’re gonna use it. | 因为他们管它叫候诊室 就得用,一定要用 | 
| [10:59] | It’s all set up for you to wait. | 建起来就是让你等的 | 
| [11:00] | You sit there and you got your little magazine. | 你拿着份小杂志坐在那儿 | 
| [11:03] | You pretend you read it, but you’re really looking at other people. | 假装读,其实你在看别人 | 
| [11:08] | You know, you’re thinking about them. Things like: | 你知道的,你猜测他们,类似这样 | 
| [11:11] | ” I wonder what he’s got.” | “他会拿着什么呢” | 
| [11:17] | And, “Soon as she goes, I’m getting her magazine.” | 还有,“一旦她走了 我就去拿她的杂志” | 
| [11:21] | Then they finally call you, and it’s a very exciting moment. | 然后他们终于叫到你 这是激动人心的一刻 | 
| [11:24] | They finally call you. | 他们终于叫到你 | 
| [11:25] | You stand up and kind of look around at the other people. | 你站起来瞅瞅屋里的其他人 | 
| [11:28] | “Well, I guess I’ve been chosen. | “我想我被选中了” | 
| [11:33] | I’ll see you all later.” | “过会儿见” | 
| [11:35] | You think you’re gonna see the doctor, but you’re not, are you? No. | 你以为要去见医生了 其实不是,对吧?不是 | 
| [11:39] | You’re going into the next waiting room. | 你要去另一个候诊室 | 
| [11:41] | The littler waiting room. | 更小一些的候诊室 | 
| [11:44] | But if they are doing some sort of medical thing to you… | 但如果他们给做身体检查什么的 | 
| [11:48] | …you want to be in the smallest room that they have. I think. | 我想你更愿意 待在他们最小的房间里 | 
| [11:51] | You don’t want to be in the largest room that they have. | 你不会想去他们那里最大的房间 | 
| [11:55] | You ever see these operating theatres that they have… | 你见过他们的手术示范室吧 | 
| [11:58] | …with, like, stadium seating? | 里面有,那种阶梯式座位? | 
| [11:59] | You don’t want them doing anything… | 你不希望他们对你做些… | 
| [12:01] | …that makes other doctors go, ” I have to see this. | 让其他医生来此观摩的事 “这个我得看看” | 
| [12:05] | Are you kidding? Are they gonna really do that to him? | 开玩笑吧?他们真的要对他那样吗? | 
| [12:08] | Are there seats? Can we get in?” | 有空座吗?我们能进去吗? | 
| [12:11] | Do they scalp tickets to these things? | 有人倒卖这个的门票吗? | 
| [12:13] | ” I got two for the Winslow tumour. I got two.” | “我有两张温斯洛肿瘤的门票 我有两张” | 
| [12:22] | So how was it? | 怎么样? | 
| [12:24] | I was in there for two minutes. He didn’t do anything. | 我在里面待了两分钟 他什么都没做 | 
| [12:27] | Touch this, feel that. 7 5 bucks. | 按按这,摸摸那,就要75块钱 | 
| [12:31] | Well, it’s a first visit. | 这是初诊 | 
| [12:32] | What’s 7 5 bucks? | 75块钱都花哪儿了? | 
| [12:34] | What, am I seeing Sinatra in there? | 我见的是西纳特拉吗? (弗兰克・西纳特拉,美国最杰出的 爵士男歌手之一,外号“瘦皮猴”) | 
| [12:37] | Am I being entertained? I don’t understand this. | 我受到款待了?我不理解 | 
| [12:41] | I’m only paying half. | 我只付一半 | 
| [12:43] | – You can’t do that. – Why not? | – 你不能这样 – 为什么? | 
| [12:45] | He’s a doctor. You gotta pay what he says. | 他是医生 他说付多少你就得付多少 | 
| [12:47] | No, no, no. I pay what I say. | 不,不,不,我说付多少就付多少 | 
| [12:55] | You feeling weird? | 你感觉很奇怪? | 
| [12:57] | No. | 没有 | 
| [12:59] | I’m fine. | 没事 | 
| [13:01] | – Nothing really happened. – Yeah. | – 一切都是虚幻 – 对 | 
| [13:05] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [13:07] | We just kissed a little. | 我们就接了个吻 | 
| [13:09] | People kiss. | 接吻很平常 | 
| [13:11] | Yeah. | 没错 | 
| [13:14] | Well… | 呃… | 
| [13:18] | Night. | 安 | 
| [13:29] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [13:39] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 | 
| [13:41] | – I got it. This time I got it. – All right. | – 我学会了,这次我学会了 – 好吧 | 
| [13:43] | Hips. See, it’s all in the hips. | 臀部,瞧,关键都在臀部上 | 
| [13:46] | Gotta come through with the hips first. | 要先从臀部发力 | 
| [13:52] | That is out there. | 无影无踪 | 
| [13:54] | Definitely. | 当然 | 
| [13:56] | – Joe’s? – No. Supermarket. | – 在乔那儿买的? – 不,在超市买的 | 
| [13:59] | Well, is it good? | 呃,好吃吗? | 
| [14:01] | – It’s… It’s okay. – Let me taste that. | – 还…还好 – 让我尝尝 | 
| [14:05] | See? That stinks. | 瞧?不好吃 | 
| [14:10] | – You can’t eat that. Take that back. – I’m not taking it back. | – 这不能吃,你得拿去换 – 我不会拿回去的 | 
| [14:12] | – I’ll take it back. – I don’t care about it. | – 我拿回去,我顺路 – 我不在乎 | 
| [14:15] | You should care. Cantaloupe like this should be out of circulation. | 杰瑞,你应该在乎 这样的哈密瓜就不该上市 | 
| [14:18] | All right. Take it back. | 好吧,拿回去吧 | 
| [14:25] | – No. – Leave a message. I’ll call you back. | – 不 – 请留言,我会回电话的 | 
| [14:27] | Jerry, have you ever tak en a bath in the dark? | 杰瑞,你在黑暗中洗过澡吗? | 
| [14:32] | I’m not talking into the soap right now. | 我可不是说着玩的哦 | 
| [14:35] | Call me back. | 回电话 | 
| [14:38] | Who was that? | 这是谁啊? | 
| [14:40] | – Marlene. – Mar… | – 玛琳 – 玛… | 
| [14:44] | – Marlene. – Yeah. | – 玛琳 – 对 | 
| [14:45] | I took her home one night. We started up a little in the car. | 某晚我送她回家 我们在车里有点儿进展 | 
| [14:48] | – I thought you were getting rid of her. – I was. | – 我以为你要摆脱她 – 我是想的 | 
| [14:51] | But she’s got me, like, hypnotized or something. | 但她就像对我施了魔法似的 | 
| [14:53] | – Does George know? – No. He’d go nuts. | – 乔治知道吗? – 不,他会疯掉的 | 
| [14:55] | Yeah, no kidding. | 对,没错 | 
| [14:58] | I feel terrible. | 我感觉糟透了 | 
| [15:06] | I’ve seen her a couple of times since then… | 之后我又见过她几次 | 
| [15:08] | …and I know I can’t go any further, but… | 我知道不能更进一步的,但… | 
| [15:11] | She’s got this psychosexual hold over me. I just want her. | 她让我神魂颠倒,我就想要她 | 
| [15:15] | I can’t breathe. It’s like a drug. | 我无法呼吸,就像毒品一样 | 
| [15:18] | Psychosexual. | 神魂颠倒 | 
| [15:23] | I don’t know how I’m gonna tell him. | 我不知道该怎么告诉他 | 
| [15:25] | Man, I don’t understand people. | 伙计,我真不了解人们 | 
| [15:28] | Why would George want to deprive you of pleasure? | 为什么乔治要剥夺你的快乐呢? | 
| [15:31] | Is it just me? | 就我这么想? | 
| [15:33] | It’s partially you, yeah. | 对,差不多吧 | 
| [15:35] | You’re his friend. | 你是他的朋友 | 
| [15:37] | Better that she should sleep with someone else? | 总比她陪其他人睡觉要好? | 
| [15:39] | Some jerk that he doesn’t even know? | 其他乔治根本不认识的混蛋? | 
| [15:42] | – He can’t kill me, right? – You’re a human being. | – 他又不会杀了我,对吧? – 你也是人 | 
| [15:45] | She called me. I never called her. She started it. | 她给我打电话的,我没给她打过 是她主动的 | 
| [15:47] | – You’re flesh and blood. – I’m a nice guy. | – 你也是血气方刚 – 我是个好小伙 | 
| [15:51] | – Hi. – Hi, Elaine. | – 嗨 – 嗨,伊莲 | 
| [15:53] | My little airplane lamp. | 我的小飞机台灯 | 
| [15:56] | You have the slowest elevator in the entire city. | 你们的电梯是全城最慢的 | 
| [15:59] | That’s hard to get used to when you’re on so many fast ones. | 坐惯那么多快电梯后 这个真难适应 | 
| [16:02] | Apartment elevators are always slower than offices… | 公寓电梯总是比办公室慢的 | 
| [16:05] | …because you don’t have to be home on time. | 因为你不用准时到家 | 
| [16:07] | – Unless you’re married to a dictator. – Yeah. | – 除非你和一个独裁者结了婚 – 没错 | 
| [16:11] | Because they’d be very demanding people. | 因为他们总喜欢指使人 | 
| [16:12] | Right. Exactly. | 对,没错 | 
| [16:16] | I imagine at some point somebody’s gonna offer me some cantaloupe? | 我想有人可能要请我吃哈密瓜了? | 
| [16:19] | No. No good. | 不,不好 | 
| [16:23] | Well, you know what they say, lucky in love, unlucky with fruit. | 你知道有句话怎么说的 情场得意,瓜场失意 | 
| [16:26] | Well, I’m taking this back. | 我要把这个退回去 | 
| [16:31] | So I had what you might call a little encounter this morning. | 今早我算偶遇了一回 | 
| [16:37] | Really? That guy who stopped saying hello? | 真的?那个不再打招呼的家伙? | 
| [16:39] | – Yes. – You talk to him? | – 对 – 你跟他说话了? | 
| [16:40] | Yes. I spotted him getting his mail. | 对,他取信时我认出他的 | 
| [16:42] | At first I was just gonna walk on by but then I thought, ” No, no. | 起先我就想就这么走开的 但我又想,“不,不,不” | 
| [16:45] | – Do not be afraid of this man.” – Right. | – “别害怕这人” – 对 | 
| [16:48] | So I walked up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder and said: | 所以我走到他后面 拍拍他的肩膀说道 | 
| [16:51] | ” Hi, remember me?” | “嗨,还记得我吗?” | 
| [16:53] | And he furrows his brow… | 他皱了皱眉 | 
| [16:55] | …as if he’s really trying to figure it out. | 就像他真的在尽力回想 | 
| [16:58] | So I said to him… I said, “You little phoney. | 所以我对他说 我说,“你个虚伪的东西” | 
| [17:01] | You know exactly who I am.” | “你明知道我是谁” | 
| [17:03] | – You said, “You little phoney”? – I did. I most certainly did. | – 你说,“你个虚伪的东西”? – 对,千真万确 | 
| [17:06] | And he goes, “Oh, yeah, you’re Jeanette’s friend. We did meet once.” | 然后他说,“哦,对了 你是吉内特的朋友,我们见过一次” | 
| [17:13] | I said, ” How do you go from that to totally ignoring a person… | 我说,“那你怎么能因此 在别人路过的时候…” | 
| [17:16] | …when they walk by?” – This is amazing. | – “权当视而不见呢”? – 真了不起 | 
| [17:18] | And he says, ” Look, I just didn’t want to say hello anymore, all right?” | 然后他说,“听着,我只是 不想再打招呼了,行吧?” | 
| [17:23] | And I said, ” Fine. I didn’t want to say hello anymore either. | 我说,“好,我以后也不想再打招呼” | 
| [17:27] | But I just wanted you to know that I’m aware of it.” | “但我只想让你知道我知道这点” | 
| [17:32] | You are the queen of confrontation. | 你简直是对峙女皇 | 
| [17:35] | You’re my new hero. | 你是我的新偶像 | 
| [17:38] | You’ve inspired me. I’m gonna call George about something right now. | 事实上,你给了我灵感 我现在给乔治打电话说点儿事 | 
| [17:43] | This cantaloupe stinks. | 这哈密瓜真难吃 | 
| [17:52] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 | 
| [17:53] | – You’re kidding. – No, I don’t care. | – 你开玩笑吧 – 不,我不在乎 | 
| [17:56] | – You mean that? – Absolutely. | – 你认真的? – 当然 | 
| [17:57] | – You don’t care? – No. | – 你不在乎? – 对 | 
| [17:59] | – How could you not care? – I don’t know, but I don’t. | – 你怎么能不在乎呢? – 不知道,但就是不在乎 | 
| [18:02] | Actually, I’m almost happy to hear it. | 实际上,听到这事还有点高兴 | 
| [18:05] | – I thought you’d be upset. – I guess I should be, but I’m not. | – 我以为你会很伤心呢 – 我想也是,但没有 | 
| [18:09] | Am I a bad person? Did I do something terrible? | 我是坏人吗?我做了坏事吗? | 
| [18:11] | You’re a fine person. You’re a humanitarian. | 你是个好人 你是个人道主义者 | 
| [18:14] | She’s very sexy. | 她很性感 | 
| [18:15] | – That voice. She’s driving me crazy. – I know. I know. | – 那个声音,她快把我搞疯了 – 我知道,我知道 | 
| [18:19] | I can see her tonight and you don’t care? | 那我今晚能见她,你不介意? | 
| [18:21] | See her tonight. See her tomorrow. Go, knock yourself out. | 今晚见她,明天见她 去,悉听尊便 | 
| [18:24] | – She’s too crazy for me. – All right. As long as you’re okay. | – 她太为我疯狂了 – 好吧,只有你不介意 | 
| [18:28] | – I can’t stop thinking about it. – I’m okay. I’m fine. | – 我总是不停的想这事 – 我没事,我很好 | 
| [18:30] | I’m wonderful. I never felt better in my whole life. | 我好极了,平生从未这么好过 | 
| [18:33] | Good. | 好 | 
| [18:36] | I’ll tell you what. | 告诉你吧 | 
| [18:37] | You don’t have to pay the $35 I gave the chiropractor… | 你不用还我替你付给按摩医师的… | 
| [18:40] | …for the rest of your bill. | 35块钱了 | 
| [18:41] | You paid that crook? | 你付钱给那骗子? | 
| [18:43] | – I had to. – He didn’t do anything, Jerry. | – 我必须付 – 他什么也没做,杰瑞 | 
| [18:46] | – It’s a scam. Who told you to do that? – It was embarrassing to me. | – 这是欺诈,谁叫你这么做的? – 这令我很尴尬 | 
| [18:49] | I was trying to make a point. | 我想表明个立场 | 
| [18:51] | Why don’t you make a point with your own doctor? | 你为什么不拿 自己的医生表明立场? | 
| [18:55] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? | 
| [18:57] | – I think I swallowed a fly. – Oh, God. | – 我想我吞了只苍蝇 – 哦,天哪 | 
| [19:00] | I swallowed a fly! | 我吞了只苍蝇! | 
| [19:02] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办? | 
| [19:04] | What can happen? | 有什么后果? | 
| [19:11] | So you want to come up for a few minutes? | 你想上去坐会儿吗? | 
| [19:14] | I’m sorry, Jerry. I just don’t think this is gonna work. | 抱歉,杰瑞 我只是觉得这不行 | 
| [19:18] | Really? | 真的吗? | 
| [19:19] | – I thought… – I know. | – 我以为… – 我知道 | 
| [19:21] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [19:25] | I just didn’t expect it from the way you’ve been acting. | 我只是没有从你的表现看出来 | 
| [19:27] | Are you sure you want to talk about this? I sure don’t. | 你确定现在想谈论这个吗? 因为我确实不想谈 | 
| [19:30] | Of course I want to talk about it. | 我当然想谈论这事 | 
| [19:33] | Well, okay. | 好吧 | 
| [19:35] | I guess things changed for me on Tuesday night. | 我想周二晚上的事改变了我 | 
| [19:38] | Tuesday night? What happened Tuesday night? | 周二晚上?周二晚上怎么了? | 
| [19:41] | I saw your act. | 我看你的节目了 | 
| [19:46] | My act? What does that have to do with anything? | 我的节目?这和那有什么关系? | 
| [19:49] | Well, to be honest… | 说实话… | 
| [19:52] | …it just didn’t make it for me. | 只是对我来说不合适 | 
| [19:54] | It’s just so much fluff. | 没有什么价值 | 
| [19:58] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 | 
| [19:59] | What are you saying? You didn’t like my act? | 你说什么呢? 你不喜欢我的节目? | 
| [20:02] | So that’s it? | 就是这样? | 
| [20:04] | I can’t be with someone if I don’t respect what they do. | 如果我不尊重某人的工作 我不可能和他在一起 | 
| [20:07] | You’re a cashier. | 你是个出纳员 | 
| [20:10] | Look, Jerry, it just wasn’t my kind of humour. | 瞧,杰瑞,只是不符合我的笑点 | 
| [20:15] | You can’t go by the audience. It was late, they were terrible. | 你不能被观众误导 很晚了,他们很讨厌 | 
| [20:18] | I heard the material. | 素材我听过 | 
| [20:21] | I have other stuff. | 我有其他素材 | 
| [20:23] | You should come see me on the weekend. | 你应该周末来看我的节目 | 
| [20:27] | Women need to like the job of the guy they’re with. | 女人得喜欢和她们一起的男人的工作 | 
| [20:32] | If they don’t like the job, they don’t like the guy. | 如果她们不喜欢那工作 她们就不喜欢那个男的 | 
| [20:35] | Men know this. | 男人知道这事 | 
| [20:37] | Which is why we make up the phoney, bogus names for the jobs we have. | 所以我们为实际工作编些 虚伪好听的名字 | 
| [20:43] | ” Right now, I’m the regional management supervisor. | “现在,我是这区域的负责经理” | 
| [20:46] | I’m in development, research, consulting.” | “从事研发、调查和咨询工作” | 
| [20:49] | Men, on the other hand, if they are physically attracted to a woman… | 另一反面 男人一旦被女人的身材吸引 | 
| [20:54] | …are not that concerned with her job, are we? | 就不在乎女方的工作,对吧? | 
| [20:57] | Men don’t really care. | 男人真的不在乎 | 
| [20:58] | Men just go, ” Really, slaughterhouse? That where you work? Interesting. | 男人会说,“真的吗,屠宰场? 你在那儿工作?有意思 | 
| [21:02] | You got a big cleaver, just lopping their heads off? Sounds great. | “你拿把大屠刀 刀起头落?听起来不错” | 
| [21:05] | Listen, why don’t you shower up… | “听着,你干吗不去洗个澡” | 
| [21:09] | …and we’ll get some burgers and catch a movie.” | “然后我们去吃汉堡、看电影” |