时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | My parents live in Florida now. They moved there last year. | 我父母现在住在佛罗里达 他们去年搬过去的 |
[00:05] | They didn’t wanna move to Florida, but they’re in their 60s… | 他们并不想去佛罗里达 但是他们都年过60了 |
[00:08] | …and that’s the law. | 法律就是这么规定的 |
[00:11] | And you know how it works. They got the leisure police. | 你也知道这怎么运作 政府调来些没事的警察 |
[00:14] | They pull up in front of the old people’s house with the golf cart. | 他们开着小巡逻警车 在老人家门口停下 |
[00:17] | “Let’s go, pop. White belt, white pants, white shoes, get in the back. | “一起走,穿白腰带、白裤衩 白鞋子的,坐到后面” |
[00:20] | Drop the snow shovel, right there. Drop it!” | “把雪铲子放下,别动,放下!” |
[00:22] | I am not much for the family gathering. | 我对家庭聚会不感兴趣 |
[00:26] | You ever sit there, and the conversation’s so boring, it’s so dull? | 你就坐在那,谈的内容令人厌烦 很无聊不是吗? |
[00:29] | And you start to fantasize. You know, you think: | 然后你就开始幻想 你在想: |
[00:31] | “What if I just got up and jumped out that window? I wonder what…” | “假如我现在突然站起来 从窗户跳出去,我在想会不会…” |
[00:36] | Just crash right through the glass, you know. | 从玻璃上正直撞过去 |
[00:39] | Come back. There’s broken glass. Everybody’s upset. | 再回去,发现碎了的玻璃 每个人都很惊讶 |
[00:41] | “No, I’m all right. I was just a little bored there. | “我没事,我刚才有点烦” |
[00:44] | And, no, I’m fine. I came back. | “现在好了,我回来了” |
[00:45] | I wanna hear more about that Hummel collection, Aunt Rose. | “罗斯姨母,我还想听听 关于你的胡默尔瓷偶收藏” |
[00:48] | Let’s pick it up right there.” | “接着刚才讲吧” |
[00:56] | You have so many nice jackets. I don’t know why you had to bring this jacket. | 你有那么多件好夹克 我不明白你为什么要带这一件 |
[00:59] | Who wears a jacket like this? | 现在谁还穿这样的夹克? |
[01:02] | What’s wrong with that nice grey one? | 那件灰色的不好吗? |
[01:04] | You have beautiful clothes. They sit in your closet. | 你有好看的衣服 都在你的衣柜里 |
[01:06] | Morty, you can’t wear this. | 莫蒂,你不能穿这件 “小马事件” |
[01:14] | – Are you getting that? – I thought you were getting it. | – 你去接电话吧? – 我以为你要去接的 |
[01:20] | – Should I pick up? – Do you want me to get that? | – 我应该接吗? – 你想让我接吗? |
[01:24] | – I’ll get it. | – I’ll get it. – 我要接了 – 我接吧 |
[01:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:33] | Hello. | 你好 |
[01:43] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[01:45] | Would you make this thing lower? | 能不能把声音调小点? |
[01:47] | – I can hear it on the street. – Hey, Jer, how did you do? | – 我在街上都听得到 – 嘿,杰,怎么样? |
[01:51] | We won. I made an incredible play in the field. | 我们赢了 我在比赛中表现出色 |
[01:54] | It was a tag-up at third base. | 那是一个三垒的回跑 |
[01:56] | I threw the guy out, from left field, on a fly. | 我在左外野用一个腾空球 把那小子封杀出局 |
[02:00] | We’ll be in the championship game Wednesday because of me. | 因为我的出色表现 我们进入了周三的锦标赛 |
[02:02] | It was the single greatest moment in my life. | 那是我人生最棒的一刻 |
[02:05] | This is your greatest moment, a game? | 最棒的一刻,一场比赛吗? |
[02:09] | Well, no. Sharon Besser, of course. | 不,当然是莎伦・贝丝 |
[02:13] | You know what my greatest moment was, don’t you? | 你知道我最棒的那一刻,知道吗? |
[02:15] | In 1946, I went to work for Harry Flemming… | 1946年,在哈利・弗莱明手下工作时 |
[02:19] | …and I came up with the idea for the beltless trench coat. | 我想出了那个无带 军用防水短上衣的点子 |
[02:23] | Jerry, look at this sport jacket. | 杰瑞,看看这件运动夹克 |
[02:25] | Is this a jacket to wear to an anniversary party? | 这像是一件可以穿着参加 周年派对的衣服吗? |
[02:28] | Well, the man’s an individualist. He worked for Harry Flemming. | 人家是个个人主义者 曾经在哈利・弗莱明手下工作 |
[02:32] | – He knows what he’s doing. – But it’s their 50th anniversary. | – 他知道自己在干什么 – 但这可是50周年纪念日 |
[02:36] | Your mother doesn’t like my taste in clothing. | 你妈妈不喜欢 我的择衣标准 |
[02:38] | I spoke to Manya and Isaac on the phone today. | 今天我跟玛雅 还有艾萨克通了电话 |
[02:40] | They invited you again. I think you should go. | 他们又邀请你了 我觉得你应该去 |
[02:42] | First of all, I made plans with Elaine. | 首先,我都订好计划 要跟伊莲一起了 |
[02:44] | So bring her. | 那就带上她去 |
[02:46] | I don’t even know them. What is she, your second cousin? | 我都不认识他们 她是谁来着?你二姐? |
[02:50] | I mean, I met them three times in my life. | 我是说,我这辈子 也就见过他们三次 |
[02:51] | I don’t know her either. | 我也不了解她 |
[02:53] | She made me fly from Florida for this, and then she criticizes my jacket. | 她让我从佛罗里达飞过来就为了这 现在她又要批评我的衣服 |
[02:59] | At least come and say hello, have a cup of coffee, then you leave. | 至少过来打个招呼 喝杯咖啡,然后再走 |
[03:02] | How come he gets to leave? | 他怎么就能走? |
[03:05] | If I wind up sitting next to Uncle Leo, I am leaving. | 假如我跟里奥叔叔 坐一起,我肯定走 |
[03:09] | He’s always grabbing my arm when he talks to me. | 他跟我说话的时候 总爱拉我的胳膊 |
[03:11] | I guess because so many people have left in the middle of his conversation. | 我猜是因为大部分人 听他说话讲一半就走了 |
[03:16] | And it’s always about Jeffrey, right? | 并且总是关于 杰弗里的,对吧? |
[03:18] | Yeah. He talks about him like he split the atom. | 是啊,他谈起他 就好像他分裂了原子 |
[03:21] | The kid works for the Parks Department. | 那小子在公园管理局工作 |
[03:25] | – Morty, you coming in? – Oh, yeah. I forgot all about it. | – 莫蒂,过来吗? – 哦,我都给忘了 |
[03:28] | – Hey. How’d you do? – We won. | – 打的怎么样? – 我们赢了 |
[03:31] | – We’re in the finals on Wednesday. – Yeah! | – 我们进入了总决赛 – 太棒了 |
[03:33] | What is this about? | 你们这是要干什么? |
[03:35] | I’m completely changing the configuration of the apartment. | 我把公寓的整个 构造都改变了 |
[03:37] | You’re not gonna believe it when you see it. Whole new lifestyle. | 你要看了都不一定信 全新的生活方式 |
[03:41] | – What are you doing? – Levels. | – 你要弄什么? – 平台 |
[03:45] | – Levels. – Yeah. | – 平台 – 是的 |
[03:47] | I’m getting rid of all my furniture, all of it… | 我把所有的家具都弄走了… |
[03:49] | …and I’m gonna build these different levels. | 然后弄上这种 高度不同的平台 |
[03:51] | You know, with steps. | 还要带台阶 |
[03:53] | And it’ll all be carpeted. | 然后全铺上毯子 |
[03:55] | With a lot of pillows. | 再放上枕头 |
[03:57] | You know, like ancient Egypt. | 就像古埃及 |
[04:01] | – You drew up plans for this? – No. No, it’s all in my head. | – 你都计划好了? – 没,都在脑子里呢 |
[04:04] | I don’t see how you can get comfortable. | 没看出怎么就 让你过的舒适了 |
[04:06] | Oh, I’ll get comfortable. | 一定会让我很舒适 |
[04:08] | When do you intend to do this? | 打算什么时候开始弄? |
[04:11] | Should be done by the end of the month. | 应该这个月底就能搞定 |
[04:13] | – Gonna do this yourself? – It’s a simple job. | – 自己干吗? – 小菜一碟 |
[04:17] | – Well, you don’t think I can, huh? – No, it’s not that I don’t think you can. | – 你觉得我弄不了? – 不是我觉得你弄不了 |
[04:21] | I know that you can’t, and I’m positive that you won’t. | 是我知道你弄不了 我肯定你不会弄的 |
[04:26] | Well, I got the tools. I got the pillows. All I need is the lumber. | 工具、枕头都准备好了 就剩下木材了 |
[04:30] | – Hey, that’s some big job. – I don’t see it happening. | – 这可是个大工程 – 我看不太现实 |
[04:35] | Yeah, well, this time… This time you’re wrong. | 这次,这次你错了 |
[04:37] | – Come on, I’ll even bet you. – Seriously? | – 行,咱俩打赌 – 真打赌? |
[04:39] | I don’t want you betting. Morty, don’t let them bet. | 我不希望你们打赌 莫蒂,别让他们打赌 |
[04:42] | A big dinner with dessert, but I got till the end of the month. | 一顿丰盛大餐,要有甜品的 但是我要选月底完工 |
[04:46] | – I’ll give you a year. – No, no. | – 给你一年 – 不必 |
[04:49] | – No, no, a month. End of the month. – It’s a bet. | – 一个月,这个月底 – 就这么定了 |
[05:02] | Seriously, do you wanna switch chairs? | 说真的,你想不想换个椅子? |
[05:09] | No, no. I’m fine. | 不用,挺好的 |
[05:11] | Oh, Jerry, you listening to this? | 杰瑞,你听听这个 |
[05:14] | Yeah, Uncle Leo. | 好的,里奥叔叔 |
[05:16] | So now the Parks commissioner is recommending Jeffrey for a citation. | 现在公园特派员 要提名表扬杰弗里 |
[05:22] | Right, for the reducing of the pond scum? | 因为他清除了池塘的水藻? |
[05:26] | No, no, no. For the walking tours. | 不,不,因为徒步旅行 |
[05:30] | Oh, yeah, where the people eat the plant life, the edible-foliage tour. | 哦,对,生吃树叶旅游 旅途中人们可以吃植物 |
[05:35] | That’s exactly right. | 正是如此 |
[05:37] | He knows the whole history of the park. | 他了解公园的整个历史 |
[05:40] | For two hours, he’s talking and answering questions. | 两个小时的旅行 他可以一边讲解一边回答问题 |
[05:44] | But you wanna know something? | 你想知道什么? |
[05:46] | Whenever he has a problem with a high-powered big shot… | 他要是与公园管理局的… |
[05:49] | …from the Parks Department… | 高官们闹了矛盾 |
[05:51] | …you know who he calls? | 你知道他会给谁打电话吗? |
[05:53] | Mickey Mantle? | 米奇・曼托? (美国棒球运动员) |
[05:55] | Jerry. Jerry. | 杰瑞,杰瑞 |
[05:58] | Did you taste these peas? | 这些豌豆你尝了吗? |
[06:00] | These peas are great. | 这些豌豆太好吃了 |
[06:02] | These peas are bursting with country-fresh flavour. | 这些豌豆散发出乡村的清香 |
[06:08] | Phenomenal peas. | 绝顶豌豆 |
[06:12] | – Are you ready for dessert? – Well… | – 你们准备好吃甜点了吗? – 呃… |
[06:14] | …actually, we do have to kind of get going. | 事实上,我们貌似该走了 |
[06:17] | You’re going? | 你们要走? |
[06:20] | – I don’t really eat dessert. I’m dieting. – Yeah, I can’t eat dessert either. | – 我不怎么吃甜点,我在节食 – 我也不能吃 |
[06:24] | The sugar makes my ankles swell up, and I can’t dance. | 糖会让我脚踝发胖 那样就不能跳舞了 |
[06:28] | – Can’t dance? – He’s kidding, Manya. | – 不能跳舞? – 他在开玩笑 玛雅 |
[06:31] | Is that a joke? | 是个笑话吗? |
[06:34] | So did you hear Claire’s getting married? | 你听没听说克莱尔要结婚了? |
[06:36] | Yeah, yeah. | 听说了 |
[06:37] | I hear the fellow owns a couple racehorses. | 我听说那小伙子有两匹赛马 |
[06:39] | – You know, trotters, like at Yonkers. – Horses. | – 快马,就跟扬克斯的差不多 – 马 |
[06:42] | They’re like big riding dogs. | 他们就像大骑犬一样 |
[06:44] | What about ponies, huh? What kind of abnormal animal is that? | 不会是小马吧? 多变态的动物 |
[06:48] | And those kids who had their own ponies. | 还有那些有小马的孩子 |
[06:51] | Oh, I know. I hated those kids. | 是的,我讨厌那种孩子 |
[06:52] | In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up. | 事实上,有小马陪伴 长大的小孩我都讨厌 |
[06:56] | I had a pony. | 我有一只小马 |
[07:03] | Well, I didn’t really mean a pony per se. | 我说的实际上不是小马 |
[07:07] | When I was a little girl in Poland… | 在波兰,当我还是小女孩的时候… |
[07:10] | …we all had ponies. | 我们都有小马 |
[07:13] | My sister had pony. | 我姐姐有小马 |
[07:15] | My cousin had pony. | 我的堂兄也有 |
[07:17] | – So, what’s wrong with that? – Nothing, nothing at all. | – 这有什么不对吗? – 没有,绝对没有 |
[07:19] | – I was just merely expressing… – Should we have some coffee? | – 我刚刚只是想说… – 咱们要不要喝点咖啡? |
[07:22] | Who’s having coffee? | 谁喝咖啡? |
[07:25] | He was a beautiful pony, and I loved him. | 那是多么英俊的小马 我爱他 |
[07:28] | Well, I’m sure you did. Who wouldn’t love a pony? | 您当然爱他 谁会不喜欢小马呢? |
[07:31] | Who wouldn’t love a person that had a pony? | 谁会不爱有小马的人呢? |
[07:34] | You. You said so. | 你,你自己说的 |
[07:36] | No, see, we didn’t have ponies. | 不是这样的 瞧 我们那时没有小马 |
[07:38] | I’m sure at that time in Poland, they were common. They were… | 我相信在那个年代 小马在波兰很寻常 |
[07:41] | …probably like compact cars. | 可能就像小汽车一样 |
[07:45] | That’s it. | 到此为止 |
[07:46] | I had enough. | 受够了 |
[07:52] | Have your coffee, everybody. | 享受你们的咖啡 各位 |
[07:54] | She’s a little upset. It’s been an emotional day. | 她有点不高兴 这是令人动容的一天 |
[08:00] | I didn’t know she had a pony. | 我不知道她有小马啊 |
[08:03] | How was I to know she had a pony? | 我怎么会知道她有小马 |
[08:06] | Who figures an immigrant is gonna have a pony? | 谁能知道一个移民还会有小马呢? |
[08:10] | Do you know what the odds are on that? | 你们知道这可能性有多大? |
[08:13] | I mean, in all the pictures I saw of immigrants on boats… | 我是说,所有我见过… |
[08:16] | …coming into New York Harbour… | 来纽约港的移民照片里 |
[08:18] | …I never saw one of them sitting on a pony. | 我从没见过他们谁骑着小马的 |
[08:23] | But why would anyone come here if they had a pony? | 但是为什么这些有小马的人会来这? |
[08:26] | Who leaves a country packed with ponies to go to a non-pony country? | 离开一个到处是小马的国家 来到一个没有小马的国家 |
[08:30] | It doesn’t make sense. | 讲不通嘛 |
[08:33] | Am I wrong? | 我说错了吗? |
[08:39] | – I’ll drive you to the airport. – No, we’re taking a cab. | – 我开车送你去机场吧 – 不用了,我们打的 |
[08:42] | I just hope that whole pony incident didn’t put a damper on the trip. | 我只是希望这个“小马事件” 没有扫了你们旅游的兴致 |
[08:47] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. It was a misunderstanding. | 别瞎猜了 不过是个误会 |
[08:50] | Hey, I agree with him. | 我倒是同意他的想法 |
[08:52] | Nobody likes a kid with a pony. | 没人喜欢有小马的孩子 |
[08:55] | Well, if you ever talk to her, tell her I’m sorry. Elaine too. She feels terrible. | 如果你下次见到她,代我 向她道歉,伊莲也感到很不好意思 |
[08:59] | – You know, you should call Manya. – Maybe I will. | – 你应该给玛雅打个电话 – 可能会的 |
[09:02] | – Oh, hi. Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[09:04] | I just came to say goodbye. | 我过来告个别 |
[09:07] | – Hey, need any help with those? – It’s nothing. I got it. | – 这些需要帮忙吗? – 不沉,我自己能行 |
[09:10] | So how are your levels coming along? | 你的平台搞的怎么样了? |
[09:13] | Well, I decided I’m not gonna do it. | 我决定不弄了 |
[09:17] | Really? What a shock. | 真的吗?真是晴天霹雳啊 |
[09:20] | – Goodbye. We’ll call you. – Take care. | – 再见,杰瑞,我们会给你打电话的 – 保重 |
[09:21] | – Bye, Jer. – Bye, Dad. Take it easy. | – 拜拜,杰 – 拜拜,老爸,再见 |
[09:23] | – Bye, Mr. Kramer. – Yeah, so long, Morty. | – 再见,克莱默先生 – 再见,莫蒂 |
[09:28] | So… | 那么… |
[09:30] | …when do I get my dinner? | 我的那顿饭什么时候请啊? |
[09:32] | There’s no dinner. The bet’s off. I’m not gonna do it. | 哪有什么饭 那个赌不算了,我不弄了 |
[09:36] | Yes, I know you’re not gonna do it. That’s why I bet. | 我就知道你不会弄得 所以我才打赌 |
[09:39] | Yeah, well, there’s no bet if I’m not doing it. | 要是我不弄了 打赌就不算了 |
[09:41] | That’s the bet, that you’re not doing it. | 就是赌这个 赌的就是你不弄 |
[09:44] | Yeah, I could do it. I don’t wanna do it. | 我可以弄的 只是不想弄了 |
[09:46] | We didn’t bet on if you wanted to do it… | 我们赌的可不是你想不想… |
[09:48] | …we bet on if it would be done. | 我们赌的是能不能弄成 |
[09:50] | – And it could be done. – Well, of course it could be done. | – 可以弄成的 – 当然可以弄成 |
[09:53] | Anything could be done, but it only is done if it’s done. | 一切皆有可能 但是真正成了才算成了 |
[09:57] | Show me the levels. | 让我看看你的平台吧 |
[09:59] | – The bet is the levels. – I don’t want the levels. | – 赌的就是平台 – 我不想要平台了 |
[10:03] | That’s the bet. | 赌的就是它 |
[10:06] | Man. | 哥们 |
[10:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:11] | No. Oh, hi. | 不,哦,嗨 |
[10:14] | No, they just left. | 不在,他们刚走 |
[10:18] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:20] | Hang on a second, maybe I can still catch them. | 稍等一下 也许我还能追上他们 |
[10:25] | Ma. Ma, up here. | 妈,妈 这里 |
[10:27] | Don’t get in the cab. | 别上车 |
[10:29] | Manya died. | 玛雅去世了 |
[10:31] | Manya died! | 玛雅去世了! |
[10:40] | – Who’d you talk to? – Uncle Leo. | – 谁打的电话? – 里奥叔叔 |
[10:42] | – And when’s the funeral? – I don’t know, said he’d call back. | – 葬礼什么时候举行? – 不知道,他说他会再打过来的 |
[10:45] | You know what this means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗? |
[10:46] | We lost the supersaver. Those tickets are nonrefundable. | 咱们的大折扣完了 票是不能退的 |
[10:51] | She just had a checkup. The doctor said she was fine. | 她刚做了检查 医生说她没事 |
[10:56] | – Unless… – What? | – 除非… – 什么? |
[10:59] | What? Nothing. | 什么? 没什么 |
[11:02] | You don’t think…? | 你难道认为…? |
[11:04] | What, the pony remark? | 那些关于小马的看法? |
[11:06] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. She was an old woman. | 别傻了 她可是个老太太 |
[11:09] | You don’t think I killed her? | 你难道认为她的死是因为我? |
[11:11] | You know what that flight will cost us? | 你知道机票要花多少钱吗? |
[11:13] | It was an innocent comment. | 那只是天真的评论 |
[11:15] | I didn’t know she had a pony. | 我不知道她有一只小马 |
[11:17] | Maybe we could get an Army transport flight. | 也许我们该坐军用飞机 |
[11:19] | They got a base in Sarasota, I think. | 我想他们在萨拉索塔有基地的 |
[11:22] | I mean, the whole thing was taken out of context. It was a joke. | 我只是顺着当时的话茬说的 开个玩笑而已 |
[11:26] | That’s probably Uncle Leo. | 肯定是里奥叔叔 |
[11:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:32] | Yes, I know. | 是的,我知道了 |
[11:34] | Well, it’s just one of those things. | 只是其中一件事 |
[11:37] | Sure, sure. We’ll see you then. | 好的,好的 到时候见 |
[11:41] | The funeral’s Wednesday. | 葬礼星期三举行 |
[11:43] | Wednesday? What…? What Wednesday? | 星期三?什么…?星期三几点? |
[11:46] | Two o’clock, Wednesday. | 星期三,两点整 |
[11:49] | – What? – I got a softball game on Wednesday. | – 怎么了? – 星期三我有垒球比赛 |
[11:51] | It’s the championship. | 是一场锦标赛 |
[11:53] | So you’re not obligated. Go play in your game. | 没说你必须去 去比赛就行 |
[11:55] | – I didn’t even know the woman. – So don’t go. | – 我甚至都不认识她 – 那就别去了 |
[11:57] | I mean, I met her three times. I don’t even know her last name. | 我是说,我见过她三次 我都不知道她姓什么 |
[12:00] | Jerry, no one’s forcing you. | 杰瑞,又没人逼你 |
[12:02] | I mean, who has a funeral on a Wednesday? | 我是说,谁会在星期三举行葬礼呢? |
[12:06] | That’s what I wanna know. I mean… | 我真想知道为什么 我是说… |
[12:07] | …this is the championship. I’m hitting everything. | 这可是锦标赛 我势不可挡 |
[12:10] | I don’t have a dress to wear. And, you, you don’t have anything. | 我没有合适的衣服穿了 你,你什么也没有 |
[12:13] | I got my sport jacket. | 我有运动夹克 |
[12:17] | You’re not wearing that to a funeral. | 你不能穿这个去参加葬礼 |
[12:18] | – What’s wrong with it? – It looks ridiculous. | – 这怎么了? – 让人笑话死 |
[12:21] | What, I’m gonna buy a new sport jacket now? | 让我现在买身新运动夹克吗? |
[12:23] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[12:25] | You know what this funeral’s gonna wind up costing me? Oh, boy. | 知道这场葬礼我要 花费多少钱吗?天啊 |
[12:30] | We don’t understand death. | 我们理解不了死亡 |
[12:32] | And the proof of this is that we give dead people a pillow. | 有一点可以证明 我们会送给死人一个枕头 |
[12:37] | And, I mean, hey, you know. | 我的意思是,你知道 |
[12:40] | I think if you can’t stretch out and get some solid rest at that point… | 我觉得假如你要是 伸展不开,无法好好休息 |
[12:45] | …I don’t see how bedding accessories really make the difference. | 我觉得床上用品如何 并没有太大的意义 |
[12:50] | I mean, they got the guy in a suit, with a pillow. | 人们给死人穿上一身套服 再加一个枕头 |
[12:53] | Now, is he going to a meeting, or is he catching 40 winks? | 他是要去开会 还是要小睡一会? |
[12:56] | I mean, let’s make up our mind where we think they’re going. | 让我们开动脑筋 想想他们会去哪? |
[13:02] | I actually like ponies. | 事实上我喜欢小马 |
[13:04] | I was just trying to make conversation. | 当时我只是想找个话茬 |
[13:06] | – What time is your game? – 2:45. | – 你的比赛是几点? |
[13:10] | – And what time is the funeral? – Two o’clock. | – 葬礼几点? – 两点整 |
[13:14] | How long does a funeral take? | 葬礼要花多长时间? |
[13:16] | Depends on how nice the person was… | 要看那人如何了… |
[13:19] | …but you gotta figure even Oswald took 45 minutes. | 但是奥斯瓦德的葬礼也花了45分钟 (奥斯瓦德―刺杀肯尼迪总统的凶手) |
[13:24] | So you can’t do both. | 那你不能两边兼顾了 |
[13:25] | You know, if the situation were reversed… | 假如换成我死了… |
[13:28] | …and Manya had some mahjong championship or something… | 玛雅要参加麻将锦标赛或什么比赛 |
[13:32] | …I wouldn’t expect her to go to my funeral. I would understand. | 我肯定不强求她来参加葬礼 我能理解她 |
[13:36] | How can you even consider not going? | 你怎么能考虑不去呢? |
[13:39] | You know, I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[13:41] | I cannot envision any circumstance… | 我很难想象… |
[13:43] | …in which I’ll ever have the opportunity to have sex again. | 我还有做爱的机会是什么样子 |
[13:48] | How’s it gonna happen? | 怎么才能梦想成真呢? |
[13:53] | I just don’t see how it could occur. | 我根本看不到希望 |
[13:56] | You know, funerals always make me think about my own mortality… | 葬礼总会让我联想到 自己终有一死… |
[13:59] | …and how I’m actually gonna die someday. | 和怎么死的问题 |
[14:02] | Me, dead. | 自己,死 |
[14:05] | Imagine that. | 想想吧 |
[14:06] | They always make me take stock of my life… | 大家都劝我好好自省一下… |
[14:09] | …how I’ve pretty much wasted all of it and how I plan to continue wasting it. | 看看自己是如何虚度光阴 又打算如何继续浪费余生的 |
[14:13] | I know, then you say to yourself: | 我知道了,然后你对自己说 |
[14:14] | “From this moment on, I’m not gonna waste any more of it.” | “从此刻起,我不会再虚度时光” |
[14:18] | But then you go, “How? | 接着又说,“要怎么办?” |
[14:19] | I mean, what can I do that’s not wasting it?” | “我怎么可能做到不浪费呢?” |
[14:21] | Well, is this a waste of time? What should we be doing? | 现在是在浪费时间? 那我们该做什么? |
[14:24] | – Can’t you have coffee with people? – You know… | – 不能和别人喝咖啡吗? – 你知道… |
[14:27] | You know, I can’t believe you’re even considering not playing. | 我真不敢相信你竟然考虑不去比赛 |
[14:30] | We need you. You’re hitting everything. | 我们需要你 你势不可挡 |
[14:32] | He has to go. He may have killed her. | 他必须去 也许就是他导致了她的死 |
[14:36] | Me? | 我? |
[14:38] | What about you? You brought up the pony. | 你呢? 小马可是你提起来的 |
[14:40] | Oh, yeah, but I didn’t say I hated anyone who had one. | 但是我没说我讨厌有小马的人 |
[14:46] | – Who’s gonna play left field? – Bender? | – 左外野谁打? – 班德? |
[14:49] | Bender? He can’t play left. He stinks. | 班德?他打不了左外野 他太差劲了 |
[14:52] | I just don’t see what purpose it’s gonna serve, you going. | 我看不出你去参加葬礼有什么意义 |
[14:56] | I mean, you think dead people care who’s at their funeral? | 我是说,死人会在乎谁去参加葬礼吗? |
[14:59] | They don’t even know they’re having a funeral. | 他们甚至都不知道 自己还有葬礼 |
[15:01] | It’s not like she’s in the back going, “I can’t believe Jerry didn’t show up.” | 她又不会在某处盯着 “真不敢想象杰瑞竟然没来” |
[15:05] | Maybe she’s there in spirit. How about that? | 也许她的灵魂在那呢 那怎么办? |
[15:09] | If you’re a spirit, and you can travel to other dimensions and galaxies… | 假如你是灵魂,并且你可以 穿梭于其他维度空间和星系 |
[15:13] | …and find out the mysteries of the universe… | 发现宇宙的奥秘… |
[15:15] | …you think she’ll be at Drexler’s Funeral Home on Ocean Parkway? | 你觉得她会去海洋公园道的 德雷克斯勒殡仪馆吗? |
[15:19] | George, I met this woman. She is not travelling to any other dimensions. | 乔治,我见过这个女人 她不会到其他空间的 |
[15:24] | Do you know how easy it is for dead people to travel? | 你知道对于死人来说 旅行多么容易吗? |
[15:27] | It’s not like getting on a bus. One second: | 不像坐公车一样 一秒钟: |
[15:30] | It’s all mental. | 心之所至 身之所至 |
[15:36] | Fifty years they were married. Now he’s moving to Phoenix. | 他们结婚五十年了 他现在要搬去菲尼克斯 |
[15:40] | Phoenix? What’s happening with his apartment? | 菲尼克斯? 他的房子怎么了? |
[15:43] | I don’t know. They’ve been in there since, like, World War II. | 不知道 貌似二战后他们一直住在那 |
[15:46] | Rent’s $300 a month. | 300美元的月租 |
[15:48] | Three hundred a month? | 一个月三百美元? |
[15:51] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[15:54] | Although this may seem like a sad event… | 尽管这看起来是沉重的一刻 |
[15:57] | …it should not be a day of mourning… | 但是今天不该是哀悼的一天 |
[16:00] | …for Manya had a rich, fulfilling life. | 因为玛雅的一生充实而完美 |
[16:04] | She grew up in a different world, a simpler world… | 她在一个别样的世界长大 一个简单的世界 |
[16:08] | …with loving parents, a beautiful home in the country. | 有爱她的父母 还有乡间那美丽的村舍 |
[16:12] | And from what I understand, she even had a pony. | 据我所知 她甚至有过小马 |
[16:17] | Oh, how she loved that pony. | 她多爱她的小马啊 |
[16:22] | Even in her declining years, whenever she would speak of it… | 即使到了年迈之年 每当她提起它… |
[16:27] | …her eyes would light up. | 她的双眼闪烁着光芒 |
[16:29] | Its lustrous coat, its flowing mane. | 它那满是光泽的毛发 和它那如丝般整齐的鬃毛 |
[16:33] | It was the pride of Cracow. | 它是克拉科的骄傲 (克拉科―旧时波兰国都) |
[16:41] | Well, game’s starting just about now. | 现在比赛差不多开始了 |
[16:45] | It was good that the two of you came. It was a nice gesture. | 你们两个都能来非常不错 很有礼貌 |
[16:48] | I’m not a doctor yet, Uncle Morty. I’m just an intern. | 我现在还不是医生 莫蒂叔叔,我只是个实习医师 |
[16:51] | I can’t write a note to an airline. | 我不能给航班写病例 |
[16:55] | You got your degree. They don’t care. They just wanna see something. | 你有学位,他们不会在乎的 他们看到有条子就行 |
[16:59] | – I just wanted to say how sorry I was. – Jerry… | – 我只想告诉您我有多抱歉 – 杰瑞 |
[17:02] | …you wanna hear something? | 想听点什么吗? |
[17:05] | Your cousin Jeffrey is switching parks. | 你的堂兄杰弗里去其他公园了 |
[17:08] | They’re transferring him to Riverside… | 他们把他调到河边市了 |
[17:10] | …so he’ll completely revamp that operation, you understand? | 他要将原来的计划 重新再弄一遍,你明白吗? |
[17:13] | Yeah. | 明白 |
[17:14] | He’ll do in Riverside now what he did in Central Park. | 他要在河边市把原来在 中央公园所做的再做一遍 |
[17:19] | More money. | 更多的钱 |
[17:20] | So… | 那么… |
[17:22] | …that’s your cousin. | 那就是你的堂兄 |
[17:25] | You don’t understand. I’ve never paid full fare. | 你不明白 我从没买过全价票 |
[17:29] | Once again, I just wanted to say how sorry I am… | 我想再次表达那天晚上… |
[17:32] | …about the other night. – Oh, me too. | – 我有多抱歉 – 我也是 |
[17:34] | Oh, no, no, no. She forgot all about that. | 不用,不用 她都忘了 |
[17:37] | She was much more upset about the potato salad. | 令她更为恼怒的是土豆沙拉 |
[17:40] | So I understand you’re moving to Phoenix. | 我听说你要搬到菲尼克斯 |
[17:44] | Yeah. My brother lives there. | 我兄弟住在那里 |
[17:47] | I think Manya would’ve liked Phoenix. | 我想玛雅也愿意去菲尼克斯 |
[17:49] | Gorgeous, exquisite town. | 太棒了 非常好的小镇 |
[17:52] | So, what’s happening with your apartment? | 你的公寓怎么了? |
[17:56] | Of course… | 当然… |
[17:57] | …it’s very hot there. I’ll have to get an air conditioner. | 那很热 我得买个空调 |
[18:00] | Oh, you can have mine. I’ll ship it out to you. | 你可以用我的 我会给你海运过去的 |
[18:03] | But what about that big apartment on West End Avenue? | 那西区大道的那套大房子怎么了? |
[18:08] | Although, they say it’s a dry heat. | 他们说又干燥又闷热 |
[18:10] | Dry, wet. What’s happening with your apartment? | 干燥,潮湿 那房子到底怎么了? |
[18:15] | I don’t even know if I should take my winter clothing. | 我都不知道自己 是否要带冬天的衣服 |
[18:20] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[18:22] | Leave the winter clothing in the apartment… | 把冬天的衣服留在房子里… |
[18:25] | …and I’ll watch it for you. | 我帮你看着 |
[18:27] | And I’ll live there, and I’ll make sure that nothing happens to it. | 我过去住 保证你的衣服没事 |
[18:32] | Oh, the apartment. | 哦,那套房子 |
[18:34] | Jeffrey’s taking the apartment. | 杰弗里要了那套房子 |
[18:37] | – Oh, Jeffrey. – You know Jeffrey. | – 哦,杰弗里 – 你认识杰弗里 |
[18:41] | Yeah, from what I understand, he works for the Parks Department. | 是的,据我所知 他在公园管理局工作 |
[18:48] | – It’s raining. – It’s raining? | – 下雨了 – 下雨了? |
[18:52] | It’s raining. | 下雨了 |
[18:54] | The game will be postponed. | 比赛要推迟了 |
[18:56] | We’ll play tomorrow. | 明天再比赛 |
[18:58] | Believe me, I wouldn’t bother you… | 相信我,假如军方没有关闭 |
[19:00] | …if the Army hadn’t closed that base in Sarasota. | 萨拉索塔的基地 我也不会这么缠着你 |
[19:04] | – Here, scribble a little something here. – I can’t. I’ll get in trouble. | – 在这,随便写点什么 – 不行,我会惹上麻烦的 |
[19:08] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[19:12] | Who gets picked off in softball? | 打垒球谁被传球牵制过? |
[19:16] | – It’s unheard-of. – Never happened to me before. | – 从没听说过 – 我以前可没有过 |
[19:19] | I remember saying to myself, “Why is Jerry so far off the base?” | 我记得我问过自己 “杰瑞为什么离垒那么远?” |
[19:25] | I’ll have to live with this shame for the rest of my life. | 恐怕这个耻辱 要伴随我一生了 |
[19:28] | Look. Then in the fifth inning, why did you take off on the pop fly? | 到了第五局 你为什么又截了那个高飞球? |
[19:31] | I thought there were two outs. | 我还以为有两次出局 |
[19:34] | I couldn’t believe it when I saw you running. | 看到你在跑我都不相信 |
[19:36] | I thought maybe they had changed the rules or something. | 我还以为他们把规则给改了 |
[19:40] | It was the single worst moment of my life. | 这是我这辈子失败的一刻 |
[19:43] | What about Sharon Besser? | 那莎伦・贝丝呢? |
[19:45] | Oh, well, of course, 1973. | 哦,当然,1973年 |
[19:47] | – Makes you wonder, doesn’t it? – Wonder about what? | – 让你感到奇怪是吧? – 奇怪什么? |
[19:52] | You know, the spirit world. | 灵魂世界 |
[19:56] | Wait, you think Manya showed up during the game and put a hex on me? | 你是说玛雅在比赛中给我施了咒? |
[19:59] | I never saw anyone play like that. | 我没见过这么打球的人 |
[20:03] | But I went to the funeral. | 但我去过葬礼了 |
[20:05] | Yeah, but that doesn’t make up for killing her. | 这也不能弥补她的死亡 |
[20:09] | Maybe Manya missed the funeral… | 也许玛雅没去葬礼… |
[20:10] | …because she was off visiting another galaxy that day. | 因为她那天正在别的星系 |
[20:13] | Don’t you think she would’ve heard I was there? | 难道你不觉得 她会听说我出席了 |
[20:16] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[20:22] | Who figures an immigrant is gonna have a pony? | 谁想到一个移民会有小马呢? |
[20:27] | What is the pony? What is the point of the pony? | 为什么是小马呢? 为什么是小马呢? |
[20:29] | Why do we have these animals, these ponies? | 我们为什么要这些 动物,这些小马? |
[20:32] | What do we do with them, besides the pony ride? | 除了骑一骑,还能干什么? |
[20:35] | Well, why ponies? What are we doing with them? | 为什么是小马? 我们要小马干什么? |
[20:37] | I mean, police don’t use them for, you know, crowd control. | 我是说,警察又不 用它们来指挥交通 |
[20:41] | “Hey, you wanna get back behind the barricades? | “嘿,请退到路障后面” |
[20:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:46] | Hey, little boy. | 嘿,小伙子 |
[20:47] | Yeah, I’m talking to you. Just… | 我在跟你说话呢… |
[20:50] | Behind the barricades.” | 退到路障后面 |
[20:56] | So somebody, I assume, genetically engineered these ponies. | 假设某个人重组了这些小马的基因 |
[21:00] | Think they could make them any size? Like the size of a quarter if they want? | 想象他们可以把小马弄成任意尺寸? 假如他们愿意弄成25美分硬币那么大? |
[21:05] | That would be fun for Monopoly, wouldn’t it? Have a little pony. | 那样玩大富翁就太有意思了 不是嘛?一只小马当棋子 |
[21:08] | And you put him on the… | 把他放在… |
[21:10] | “Baltic, that’s two down. Go ahead. Hold it. There. Baltic, that’s… | “波罗的海,向下两步 继续,坚持,波罗的海,那…” |
[21:13] | Yeah, Fine. Right there, hold it right there.” | 太好了,就到这 在这停下 |