时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I’m not a foodie. | 我不挑剔食物 |
[00:05] | I don’t: | 我才不会 |
[00:06] | “Oh, this is too rare. Oh, it’s too salty.” | “太生了 |
[00:09] | Just eat it and shut up. | 太咸了”都是废话 我照吃不误 |
[00:11] | I’ll eat anywhere, whatever they’re having. | 给什么我就吃什么 |
[00:14] | I’ve eaten rolls off of room-service trays in hotel hallways. | 我曾把酒店客房服务吃剩的面包 捡起来吃掉 |
[00:19] | I have. That’s not a joke. | 是真的 不是玩笑 |
[00:21] | This is my life. | 我这人就这样 |
[00:24] | I don’t know, somebody left it. | 只是放在地上而已 |
[00:25] | Why would somebody poison a roll and leave it in the hallway… | 大半夜的 谁会故意把面包下毒 然后放在地上啊 |
[00:28] | …for some comic coming down at 2:00 in the morning? | 难道就为了毒死某个恰好经过的路人甲? |
[00:31] | Why would they do that? | 没这必要嘛 |
[00:34] | Sometimes you go to a restaurant, they put the check in a little book. | 有的餐馆会把帐单夹在一个小本子里 |
[00:37] | What is this, the story of the bill? | 怎的 账单还可以大做文章不成? |
[00:41] | “Once upon a time, there were some very hungry people.” What is this? | “很久以前 有一群非常饥饿的人…” |
[00:45] | Little gold tassel hanging down. Am I graduating from the restaurant? | 本子上还有金色的流苏 搞得跟毕业证似的 |
[00:48] | What is this about? | 有什么必要啊? |
[00:59] | You want some of mine? | 要试试我的吗? |
[01:01] | – Take some of mine. – Why do I get pesto? | – 试试我的吧 – 我干嘛要点青酱? |
[01:05] | Why do I think I’ll like it? | 我还以为自己会喜欢 |
[01:07] | I keep trying to like it. | 我总是逼着自己去喜欢 |
[01:09] | – Like I have to like it. – Who said you have to like it? | – 好像一定得喜欢似的 – 谁说一定要喜欢? |
[01:11] | Everybody likes pesto. | 全世界都喜欢吃青酱 |
[01:13] | You walk into a restaurant, that’s all you hear. Pesto. Pesto. | 餐馆里人人都点这个 青酱 青酱 |
[01:16] | – I don’t like pesto. – Where was pesto 1 0 years ago? | – 我就不喜欢青酱 – 十年前哪有青酱这种东西 |
[01:22] | Look at that guy. | 看那个男的 |
[01:26] | I’ll bet you he’s getting hair transplants. | 我敢说 他肯定做了头发移植 |
[01:29] | Anytime you see a guy that age wearing a baseball cap, 1 0-1, plugs. | 通常这种年纪还戴棒球帽 90%的机率 植发 |
[01:35] | The thing about that painting is with the colours and… | 那幅画的颜色嘛 有点… |
[01:39] | Oh, yeah, plugola. | 没错 移植 |
[01:42] | One more thing about the car. Let it warm up for a minute. | 对了 我那辆车 得先预热一分钟 |
[01:45] | Yeah, that’s a tough minute. | 漫长的一分钟啊 |
[01:47] | It’s like waiting in the shower for the conditioner to work. | 就像洗澡时等护发素一样 |
[01:51] | I don’t understand why he couldn’t take a cab. | 他干嘛不自己叫出租车? |
[01:53] | – Who? – Elaine is having… | – 谁? – 伊莲家里的… |
[01:56] | …a houseguest. | …那个客人 |
[01:58] | She’s picking him up at the airport tonight. | 她今晚去机场接他 |
[02:00] | – A guy? – Yes, it’s a guy. | – 是男的? – 对 男的 |
[02:03] | He’s from Yakima, right? | 他家在亚开玛 是吗? |
[02:07] | – Seattle. – Everybody’s moving to Seattle. | – 西雅图 – 大家都往西雅图搬 |
[02:10] | It’s the pesto of cities. So? | 和青酱一个道理…还有呢? |
[02:13] | Well, you tell. | 你来说吧 |
[02:15] | Well, from what I can piece together, our friend here met a gentleman… | 据我综合分析 伊莲小姐认识了一位先生 |
[02:20] | – Ed. – Who was in town… | – 埃德 – 他到这里来… |
[02:22] | …on a business venture, and…? | 是因公出差…然后呢 |
[02:25] | We shared an interpersonal experience. | 我们相处的很愉快 |
[02:31] | – Go on. – So they went out a few times… | – 继续 – 他们就约会了几次 |
[02:34] | …but, apparently, when the fellow returned home… | 可是很明显 当此君回家之后… |
[02:36] | …he discovered that the Benes tattoo does not wash off so easily. | 他发现贝尼斯小姐令人难以忘怀 |
[02:40] | On some people. | 对某些人而言 |
[02:43] | So he’s coming to stay with her for a week. | 于是他又回来 要和她共渡一周 |
[02:45] | It was just gonna be a weekend, but then, somehow, it became a week. | 本来只是一个周末 结果变成一周 |
[02:52] | – Wait a second. – All right, okay. | – 别慌张 – 没事 |
[02:54] | – All right, all right, okay. – What happened? | – 没事了 没事了 – 怎么回事? |
[02:56] | Oh, the busboy left the menu a little close to the candle. | 勤杂工把菜单放在蜡烛边上了 |
[03:02] | I’m sorry for the disturbance. | 非常抱歉给您添乱了 |
[03:04] | – I’m never eating here again. – Yeah. | 我可不要再来这用餐了 |
[03:08] | – Nice going. – Thank you. | – 不错嘛 – 谢谢 |
[03:10] | – That ought to get us a free dessert. – Yeah. | – 应该送一道免费的甜品 – 就是 |
[03:14] | I think the busboy’s in trouble. | 貌似勤杂工有麻烦了 |
[03:18] | Did I get him in trouble because of what I said? | 是因为我吗 和我说的话有关? |
[03:20] | I just told him what happened. He didn’t do it on purpose. | 我只是陈述事实 他又不是故意的 |
[03:24] | He pointed at me. | 他指着我 |
[03:25] | – Why did they point at me? – I said I would never eat here again… | – 他干嘛要指着我? – 我说我再也不会来了… |
[03:28] | …but he had to know I was kidding. | 可他应该知道那是玩笑话啊 |
[03:31] | I didn’t say anything. | 我啥也没有说 |
[03:34] | I can’t believe it. He’s going. He’s fired. | 有没有搞错 他被开除了 |
[03:37] | – Oh, I said it in a kidding way. – I didn’t know he’d get fired. | – 我刚才是开玩笑啊 – 我不知道他会被炒啊 |
[03:41] | He’ll probably kill his family over this. | 这下也许他全家都要饿死了 |
[03:44] | What if he’s waiting for me outside? | 要是他在外面等着我怎么办? |
[03:46] | He pointed at me. Did you see him point? | 他刚才手指着我 你看见没? |
[03:48] | Lot of ex-cons become busboys. | 很多勤杂工都是前科犯哦 |
[03:51] | They seem to gravitate towards it. | 他们有这个倾向 |
[03:54] | – Was it my fault? | – Was it my fault? – 是我的错吗? – 是我的错吗? |
[03:56] | Maybe I’ll try that pesto. | 我来吃点青酱先 |
[04:01] | Look, I feel bad for him too, but he’ll get another job. | 我也很抱歉 但他会找到新东家的啦 |
[04:04] | Let’s face it, it’s not a profession | 说白了 这又不是什么高难度的职业 |
[04:08] | …and undergo a series of gruelling interviews. | 不用精美的简历 也没有层层面试 |
[04:13] | – Like you really know busboys. – Oh, like you do. | – 说的好像你很懂似的 – 难道你就懂了? |
[04:15] | – Hey, at least I was a camp waiter. – Camp. | – 起码我在夏令营端过盘子 – 夏令营 |
[04:18] | It was a fat camp. Those kids depended on me. | 是减肥夏令营 那些小孩很仰仗我 |
[04:25] | – Elaine? – Yeah. | – 伊莲? – 对 |
[04:28] | Busboys are always changing jobs. That’s the business. | 勤杂工经常跳槽的 这行都这样 |
[04:31] | I know, I work with these guys. | 我和他们接触过 |
[04:33] | I talk with them in the kitchens at the comedy clubs. | 我在俱乐部的厨房和他们聊过天 |
[04:35] | Why don’t you get him another job? | 不如你给他找一份工作? |
[04:37] | I’d love to. But I don’t know anything about him. | 我也想 可我不了解他啊 |
[04:40] | He could walk around the street pricking people with pins. | 也许他是那种在大街上到处拿针扎人的坏家伙呢 |
[04:47] | I don’t know if you people are aware of this… | 不知道你们有没有意识到… |
[04:49] | …but I am one clever chickadee. | 我实在是冰雪聪明啊 |
[04:51] | What, did you get the busboy’s number? | 你拿到那家伙的电话了? |
[04:53] | His phone’s been disconnected, but I was able to obtain an address. | 电话打不通 不过我搞到了他的住址 |
[04:57] | 1 324 Amsterdam Avenue, apartment 4D. | 阿姆斯特丹大街 1324号 4D室 |
[05:01] | Now, I did my job. | 我的任务完成了 |
[05:03] | – May I have the car keys, please? – How did you get all this? | – 车钥匙呢? – 你怎么搞到这些的? |
[05:06] | Does the word “charm” mean anything to you? | 知道什么叫做“魅力”吗? |
[05:09] | No. | 不知道 |
[05:14] | Now you’re going to his apartment? I think this is nuts. | 你要去公寓找他?这太荒唐了 |
[05:17] | I’d like to apologize. I wanna tell him I didn’t mean to get him in trouble. | 我要去道歉 告诉他我不是故意的 |
[05:21] | – So you’re going now? – Yeah. | – 你现在就去? – 对 |
[05:23] | I’m gonna see if there’s anything I can do. | 我去看看能不能帮点忙 |
[05:25] | Get him another job. Maybe I’ll hear of something. | 给他找个工作…也许我会有门路 |
[05:27] | Maybe the fat camp. | 不如减肥营吧 |
[05:31] | – You’re not going? – I would… | 你不去吗? |
[05:33] | …but I have to pick up Ed at the airport. | 我也想 可我得去机场接埃德 |
[05:35] | I just don’t think you should go alone. | 你单独去不大好吧 |
[05:37] | – Can’t you wait till after my set? – It will take too long. | – 不能等我表演完再一起去吗? – 那就太晚了 |
[05:40] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[05:41] | Take the K-Man. | 带上K兄一起吧 |
[05:43] | A little support. | 就当后备嘛 |
[05:46] | – I don’t… – What? What? Take me where? | – 我不… – 什么?要带我去哪? |
[05:49] | Where? | 哪里? |
[05:58] | Look, I really appreciate your coming… | 那个…你能来我很感激… |
[06:00] | …but if you wouldn’t mind… | 要是你不介意呢… |
[06:05] | …try not to say too much. | 就尽量少说话 |
[06:09] | What am I gonna say? | 我能说什么? |
[06:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:13] | Well, I’m not an idiot. | 我又不是傻子 |
[06:18] | Certainly not. | 当然不是 |
[06:20] | Then we’re cool. | 那不就行了 |
[06:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:24] | Yeah, we’re cool. | 对 没事了 |
[06:41] | I’m sorry to bother you. I was in the restaurant earlier… | 真抱歉打搅了 刚才我在饭店里… |
[06:45] | …and I was wondering if I could talk to you about what happened. | 我希望能和你解释一下刚才的事情 |
[06:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:05] | I hope I’m not interrupting anything. It’s just that… | 我不想打搅你 可是刚才… |
[07:08] | …I think I may have, without realizing it… | 我想 我可能无意之间… |
[07:13] | …been responsible for getting you fired. | 导致了你被解雇 |
[07:18] | And I just… | 而且我… |
[07:20] | I wanted you to know that I did not intend for that to happen. | 我希望你能理解 这一切纯属意外 |
[07:25] | He’s a hell of a guy. | 他是个好人 |
[07:27] | This is… | 这是… |
[07:29] | …a guy I know. Kramer. | 我的一个熟人…克莱默 – |
[07:33] | Oh, my God. | 你会说西班牙语? – |
[07:39] | Waterbed? | 我的神啊 西班牙语的“水床”怎么说? |
[07:43] | Anyway, I… | 总之呢… |
[07:45] | I just wanted to let you know that I’m really sorry that happened. | 我就是想告诉你 我感到非常的抱歉 |
[07:50] | And if I can help out in any way, I’ll certainly be glad to do that. | 要是能帮得上什么忙 我会非常乐意 |
[07:57] | Well, I guess that’s about it. | 嗯 差不多就这样吧 |
[08:00] | You got anything to drink? | 你家有喝的吗? |
[08:04] | – We really should be going. – Let me get a glass of water. | – 我们应该走了 – 等我先喝杯水 |
[08:07] | Hurry up. | 快点啊 |
[08:10] | Paquita? | 帕吉塔? |
[08:16] | Paquita? | 帕吉塔? |
[08:26] | His cat’s gone. | 他的猫跑了 |
[08:51] | Who left the door open? | 是谁没有关门? |
[08:57] | Who left the door open? | 是谁没有关门? |
[09:06] | Come on! Come on! Help me look! | 快点!快帮我找啊! |
[09:26] | You know, the cats, they run away all the time. | 猫猫嘛 经常都会跑掉的啦 |
[09:29] | You know, my aunt, she had a cat, ran away, showed up three years later. | 我阿姨家的猫 一跑就是三年 |
[09:34] | You never know. | 这种事说不准 |
[09:35] | They got things in their brains. They remember where they’re from. | 猫猫的大脑 都会记得主人的家 |
[09:40] | Unless somebody starts feeding her. See, that’s what you gotta worry about. | 除非它们被别人家收养了 那就麻烦了 |
[09:49] | Once again, Antonio, I can’t even begin to say… | 安东尼奥 我不知道怎么才能… |
[09:53] | …how deeply, deeply sorry I am about everything. | 向你表达我深切的悔意…所有这一切 |
[09:58] | The job… | 你的工作 |
[10:00] | …the cat… | …猫猫 |
[10:05] | The lamp. | 还有台灯… |
[10:08] | There’s wire sticking out. | 电线没插好 |
[10:22] | Yeah. | 搞定 |
[10:25] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[10:27] | I’m in real estate. | 我搞房地产的 |
[10:29] | So if you’re ever looking for something bigger, something nicer… | 要是你想换套更大更好的房子… |
[10:34] | Maybe not right away. | 还是以后再说吧 |
[10:36] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[10:43] | You ought to get that wire fixed. | 你得把那堆电线收拾一下 |
[10:50] | I got the door. | 我来关门 |
[10:59] | George, stop worrying about this guy. It wasn’t your fault. | 别再担心那家伙了 不是你的错 |
[11:02] | Come on. He’s not stalking you. | 别扯了 他不会跟踪你的 |
[11:06] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[11:07] | He doesn’t even know where you live. | 他连你住哪都不知道 |
[11:10] | Who told you to give him your business card? | 谁让你把名片给他了? |
[11:14] | That’s Elaine. | 是伊莲 |
[11:16] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[11:17] | George wants to know when you wanna go look for the cat again. | 乔治想问你什么时候再出去找猫猫 |
[11:20] | Well, it’s been a week. It’s up to the cat now. | 都过了一周了 现在就看猫猫自己了 |
[11:26] | Kramer says it’s up to the cat now. | 克莱默说得看猫猫自己 |
[11:29] | It’ll be on your conscience. | 你会良心不安的 |
[11:30] | – Oh, how do you figure? – How do you figure? | – 此话怎讲? – 此话怎讲? |
[11:33] | You’re the one who left the door open. | 是你忘记关门了 |
[11:35] | Why was I in charge of closing the door? | 凭什么就该我关门? |
[11:37] | Why was he in charge of closing the door? | 凭什么就该他关门? |
[11:40] | Because you came in after him. | 因为你跟在他后面 |
[11:42] | – So? | – So? – 又如何? – 又如何? |
[11:44] | – Last person in should close the door. – Let me talk to him. | – 谁走最后谁锁门 – 我来跟他说 |
[11:47] | Talk… Call him from your house. | 用你自己家的电话! |
[11:50] | He’s calling you now. | 他现在就给你打 |
[11:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:55] | Ed’s downstairs. Can I have the car keys? | 埃德在楼下 车钥匙呢? |
[11:58] | – No ” hello”? – You got any aspirin? | – 连招呼也不打? – 有阿司匹林吗? |
[12:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:05] | Now, lookit, you guarantee me… | 你可以向我保证 |
[12:06] | …this car’s gonna get me to the airport tomorrow, no problem? | 你的车能开到机场 不出半点岔子? |
[12:09] | Guarantee? Hey, it’s a car. | 保证?是车就行了啊 |
[12:12] | Because if there’s even the slightest chance of any problem… | 要是有可能出问题 哪怕只是一丁点 |
[12:15] | …I don’t wanna take it. If I don’t get this guy on a plane to Seattle… | 我都不想冒这个险 我必须把这厮送上飞机 |
[12:19] | …and out of my life, I’m gonna kill him and anyone who tries to stop me. | 他必须消失 否则我就杀了他 挡我者必死 |
[12:25] | So did you have a nice week together? | 你们这周相处的如何? |
[12:30] | I heard a little ping in the car last time. What was that ping? | 我上回听见车子里有杂音 怎么回事? |
[12:33] | There’s no ping. Why are you so wacky? | 没有杂音 你怎么神经兮兮的? |
[12:37] | Jerry, you cannot imagine how much I hate this guy. | 杰瑞 你不知道我有多讨厌他 |
[12:40] | And he hasn’t even done anything. It’s this situation. | 他没干什么坏事 但我讨厌这种现状 |
[12:44] | He’s a wonderful guy, but I hate his guts. | 他人很好 但我就是恨之入骨 |
[12:48] | So have you two been…? | 那你俩有没有…? |
[12:50] | No! | 没有! |
[12:53] | I told him I’ve been having my period the last five days. | 我跟他说我这几天一直来例假 |
[12:56] | And I’m sleeping all squished over on the edge of my bed. | 我每天晚上都睡在床边 缩成一团 |
[13:00] | But I’ve only got 1 4 hours to go, and nothing can go wrong now. | 再熬十四个小时就好 不会再出问题了 |
[13:02] | I’ve taken care of everything. I’ve confirmed the plane reservation… | 我都安排好了 航班已经确认 |
[13:06] | …checked weather… – What’s your airport route? | – 天气状况也查了 – 你的行车路线呢? |
[13:08] | I got it all mapped out. I’m taking the tunnel. | 查过地图了 我决定走隧道 |
[13:10] | What about the Van Wyck? | 范威克高速公路呢? |
[13:13] | I spoke to a cab driver. | 我找了一个的士司机 |
[13:14] | For 5 bucks, he turned me onto the Rockaway Boulevard shortcut. | 他收了我五美金 给我指了条捷径 |
[13:19] | Now look, his plane leaves at 1 0: 1 5, we’re getting up at about 8. | 他的飞机十点一刻起飞 我们八点起床 |
[13:22] | – Gives us enough time, right? – You still using that alarm clock? | – 时间够充裕了吧? – 你还用那个旧闹钟吗? |
[13:25] | No, I bought a new one today. It’s got everything. | 不 我买了个新的 功能很强大 |
[13:28] | If you oversleep, a hand comes out and slaps you in the face. | 万一睡过头 它会伸出手来拍你的脸 |
[13:33] | Flying doesn’t make me nervous. Driving to the airport… | 坐飞机我不怕 但是开车去机场 |
[13:36] | …can make you very nervous. | 非常折磨你的神经 |
[13:39] | Because when you’re flying, getting on a plane… | 因为 上飞机是很简单的事 |
[13:41] | …if you miss that plane, there’s no alternative. | 万一错过航班 就没有任何余地了 |
[13:44] | On the ground, you have options. | 在陆地上 却有其他选择 |
[13:45] | You have buses, you have taxis, you have trains. | 公共汽车 出租车 还有火车 |
[13:48] | But when you’re taking a flight, if you miss it, that’s it. | 可是坐飞机呢 错过了就错过了 |
[13:51] | No airline goes, “Well, you missed the flight. We do have a cannon… | 没有航空公司会说 |
[13:54] | …leaving in 1 0 minutes. Would you be interested in that? | “您的航班已经起飞了 可是我们的大炮即将在十分钟后发射” |
[13:58] | It’s not a direct cannon. You have to change cannons after you land.” | “炮弹不是直达的 您降落后得转乘其他炮弹” |
[14:04] | “Sir, where are you going, Chicago? | “先生 您要去芝加哥吗?” |
[14:09] | Oh, Dallas. All right. Wait a second. | “哦 去达拉斯 请稍等” |
[14:12] | Dallas, that’s about Dallas. Texas, anyway. You should hit Texas. Ready? | “达拉斯在德克萨斯州 往那里打 瞄准了吗?” |
[14:16] | Get out of the net immediately… | “落地后请尽快离开” |
[14:18] | …because we shoot the luggage in right after you.” | “我们会立即发射您的行李” |
[14:30] | Get up. The alarm didn’t go off. You’re gonna miss the plane, it’s 9: 1 5. | 快起来 闹钟没响 来不及了九点一刻了! |
[14:34] | – 9: 1 5? – Yeah. It’s 9: 1 5! | – 九点一刻了? – 九点一刻了! |
[14:38] | We’ll never make it. I’ll leave tomorrow. | 赶不及了 明天再走吧 |
[14:40] | Tomorrow? Are you crazy? No. Now, now, let’s go. | 明天? 你疯了吗? 快起来 |
[14:43] | Let’s go. You get dressed, you get dressed. | 快快快 穿衣服 穿衣服 |
[14:45] | – Can I shower? – Shower? Are you out of your mind? | – 我要洗澡 – 洗澡?你疯了吗? |
[14:47] | I gotta shower. I’ll feel dirty all day. | 不洗澡我觉得不干净 |
[14:50] | Forget the shower. The shower’s out. Just move it. Put your clothes on. | 别想了 动作快点 赶快穿衣服 |
[14:54] | – Where are you going? – The kitchen. | – 你去哪? – 厨房 |
[14:56] | – The kitchen? – Got a bag of cashews in there. | – 厨房? – 拿包腰果 |
[14:58] | No, they’re not making it. Here, put your pants on. | 没有腰果 赶快穿上裤子 |
[15:01] | – Put your pants on. – What’s the big deal? | – 穿裤子啊 – 你紧张个什么? |
[15:03] | – I’ll go tomorrow or the next day. – No, you have your ticket. | – 我明天再走 后天也行 – 不 你有机票 |
[15:06] | – You have to go now. – We’ll never make it. | – 你得今天走 – 肯定赶不及了 |
[15:09] | – Don’t say that. – Well, it takes 45 minutes to get… | – 不许说 – 至少得要四十五分钟… |
[15:13] | It takes 45 minutes to get there. That will only leave me five minutes… | 路上得花四十五分钟 所以我只剩五分钟… |
[15:16] | …to get to the plane. – Shut up and pack! | – …来准备登机了 – 闭嘴 快收东西! |
[15:18] | And what if I don’t make the plane? You’ll have left. Then what do I do? | 要是赶不上飞机呢?你走了我怎么办? |
[15:22] | You’re talking too much. | 你废话太多了 |
[15:24] | – Where’s my sweater? – What? | – 我的毛衣呢? – 什么? |
[15:26] | – My brown sweater. – What sweater? | – 我的棕色毛衣 – 什么毛衣? |
[15:28] | – My brown sweater. – You didn’t bring a brown sweater. | – 我的棕色毛衣 – 你没带毛衣来 |
[15:30] | – I got a brown sweater. – Here. You want a sweater? | – 我有棕色毛衣 – 这里 棕色毛衣是吧 |
[15:33] | You want a brown sweater, you got a brown sweater. | 你要就给你一件棕色毛衣好了 |
[15:35] | – I can’t take your sweater. – It’s brown! | – 我不能拿你的 – 这是棕色的! |
[15:40] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[15:41] | No. There’s no time for folding, no time for folding. I think that’s it. | 别叠衣服了 没时间了 就这样 |
[15:45] | – My shoes, you packed my shoes. – Shoes? Shoes? | – 我的鞋呢 你装好了吗? – 鞋子? 鞋子? |
[15:48] | Shoes weren’t invented till the fourth century. | 鞋子是公元四世纪才发明出来的 |
[15:50] | People walked around for thousands of years without them! | 之前的几千年 人们都是光脚 |
[15:53] | I have this! Let’s go. Let’s go. | 我来拿!快走快走 |
[15:59] | – Anywhere in the city? – Anywhere in the city. | – 随便说一个地方? – 随便说一个地方 |
[16:01] | I’ll tell you the best public toilet. | 我能告诉你最好的公共厕所 |
[16:03] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[16:05] | …54th and Sixth. | 五十四和第六大街 |
[16:07] | Sperry-Rand building, 1 4th floor, Morgan Apparel. | 兰德大厦十四楼 摩根制衣公司 |
[16:10] | Mention my name, she’ll give you the key. | 报上我的名字 她会把钥匙给你 |
[16:15] | All right, 65th and 1 0th. | 那好 六十五和第十大街 |
[16:20] | Are you kidding? | 太简单了 |
[16:21] | Lincoln Center, Alice Tully Hall, the Met. | 林肯中心 艾莉丝杜丽厅 大都会歌剧院 |
[16:24] | Magnificent facilities. | 豪华之极的设施 |
[16:33] | I never knew I could drive like that. | 我飙车的技术被发掘出来了 |
[16:36] | I was going faster than I’ve ever gone before. | 我从来没开过这么快 |
[16:38] | And yet it all seemed to be happening in slow motion. | 一切好像都是慢动作 |
[16:41] | I was seeing three and four moves ahead… | 我能看见前三、四步路 |
[16:44] | …weaving in and out of lanes like an Olympic skier on a gold-medal run. | 忽左忽右地变换车道 就像争夺奥运会的滑雪冠军 |
[16:50] | I knew I was challenging the very laws of physics. | 我知道自己颠覆了自然界的物理法则 |
[16:54] | At Queens Boulevard, I took the shoulder. | 在皇后大道 我开上了路肩 |
[16:57] | At Jewel Avenue, I used the median. | 在宝石大街 我开上了隔离带 |
[17:00] | I had it. I was there. And then… | 我眼看着就要到了 然后 |
[17:05] | …I hit the Van Wyck. | 我开上了范威克高速公路 |
[17:08] | They say no one’s ever beaten the Van Wyck… | 据说没人敢在范威克高速上乱来 |
[17:11] | …but, gentlemen, I tell you this: | 可是 先生们 听好了 |
[17:15] | I came as close as anyone ever has. | 我当时开的那叫一个风驰电掣啊 |
[17:21] | And if it hadn’t been for that five-car pileup… | 如果不是因为后来有五辆车连环相撞 |
[17:26] | …on Rockaway Boulevard… | |
[17:29] | …that numbskull… | 那个蠢材 |
[17:32] | …would be on a plane for Seattle right now… | 现在应该在去西雅图的飞机上了 |
[17:37] | …instead of looking for a parking space… | 而不是在楼下 |
[17:40] | …downstairs. | 找停车位 |
[17:43] | – You did everything. – You tried. | – 你问心无愧了 – 你已经尽力了 |
[17:45] | The busboy’s coming. | 那个勤杂工来了 |
[17:46] | – The busboy’s coming. – The busboy’s coming? | – 那个勤杂工来了! – 那个勤杂工来了? |
[17:50] | – You don’t mean here. – I buzzed him in. He’s on his way up. | – 不是来这里吧? – 我刚刚按的铃 他正上楼呢 |
[17:53] | He’s coming up? I’ll check you out later. | 他上来了?我们等会再聊 |
[17:54] | – Where are you going? – I’m the one he wants. | – 你要去哪? – 他要找的人是我 |
[17:57] | – He’s coming to settle the score. – No. You three all know each other. | – 他是来找我做了断的 – 你们仨应该已经很熟了 |
[18:00] | There’s no point in me getting involved at this stage. | 这件事我看我没必要搀和 |
[18:02] | No, he’s not gonna do anything. I guarantee it. | 他不会拿你怎么样的 我保证 |
[18:05] | The hell with it! Let him kill me, l… | 死就死 豁出去了我! |
[18:08] | Antonio! Antonio, in here. | 安东尼奥 在这里 |
[18:14] | Hey, Antonio, how’s it going? | 嘿安东尼奥 别来无恙吗? |
[18:17] | Three nights ago… | 三天前的晚上 |
[18:20] | …a gas main beneath the restaurant exploded… | 餐馆地下的一条煤气管道爆炸了 |
[18:23] | …killing five people in my section… | 那片地方死了五个人 |
[18:26] | …including the busboy who replaced me. | 包括来接替我的新人 |
[18:31] | If I’m not fired that night because of you… | 如果不是你害得我被炒鱿鱼 |
[18:35] | …and your thoughtless, stupid, insensitive remarks… | 如果不是你莽撞无理的言论… |
[18:39] | …it would have been me. | 死的人可能是我 |
[18:44] | You saved my life! | 你救了我的命! |
[18:49] | Come on. | 你客气了 |
[18:54] | – Yeah? – It’s Eddie. | – 哪位? – 是埃德 |
[18:56] | – He’s coming up. – And the same night of the accident… | – 他上楼来了 – 事故发生的同一天晚上 |
[18:59] | …while looking for Paquita… | 就在我去找帕吉塔的时候 |
[19:01] | …I find a job in a restaurant where they pay me… | 我找到了一家新的餐馆 |
[19:04] | …almost twice what I was making before. | 他们给我的薪水是以前的两倍 |
[19:07] | And, when I returned to the apartment… | 等我回到家的时候 |
[19:10] | …Paquita, perhaps frightened from the explosion… | 帕吉塔 也许是在爆炸中受了惊吓 |
[19:13] | …had miraculously returned. | 竟然奇迹般的出现在家门口 |
[19:17] | Well… | 嗯… |
[19:18] | …now I must go, for today I am starting my new, wonderful job… | 我得走了 今天是我到新餐馆上班的第一天 |
[19:23] | …and I am very late. | 我已经迟到了 |
[19:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:29] | Thank you. Thank you all. | 谢谢 谢谢你们大家 |
[19:39] | Hey, watch where you’re going. You almost knocked my head off. | 走路要长眼睛啊 你差点撞到我的头 |
[19:42] | Why don’t you watch where you’re going, okay? | 你走路才应该长眼睛 懂吗? |
[19:45] | – Because you bumped into me. – Who do you think you’re talking to? | – 是你撞上我的 – 你知道自己在跟谁说话吗? |
[19:48] | Hey, get your hands off me! | 嘿 把你的手拿开! |
[19:51] | You go to hell! | 见鬼去吧你! |
[20:06] | He’ll get another job. | 他会找到新东家的啦 |
[20:08] | He’s a busboy. | 他是勤杂工嘛 |
[20:09] | It won’t be for a while. | 没这么快啦 |
[20:11] | At least not till after the cast comes off. | 至少也得等拆了石膏再说 |
[20:13] | That fall down the stairs, that’s what did it. | 他从楼梯上摔了下去 能不打石膏吗 |
[20:15] | That’s not how it happened. | 不是这样的 |
[20:17] | It’s when he fell on him with his knee. | 因因为埃德摔倒时膝盖正好顶到他 |
[20:19] | That was awful. Poor Antonio. | 真可怕 可怜的安东尼奥 |
[20:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:25] | So, much longer? | 他还要等很久吗? |
[20:27] | Till when? Till he goes back to Seattle or till he can feed himself? | 你指哪个?等他回西雅图 还是等他能生活自理? |
[20:35] | I guess it’s not important. | 是哪个都不重要了 |
[20:40] | Take care of yourselves. | 各自保重吧 |
[20:44] | I should probably get going too. | 我也该走了 |
[20:45] | If I don’t feed Paquita by 7, she goes all over everything. | 七点前不喂饱帕吉塔 她就会大闹天宫的 |
[20:50] | Take it easy. | 慢慢吃 |
[20:51] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[20:56] | How you doing? | 你好啊 |
[20:59] | First of all, I can’t believe that people actually do fight. | 首先 我不敢相信人们居然会真的打架 |
[21:03] | People have fistfights in life. I can’t really believe… | 人们在现实中会拳脚相向 |
[21:06] | …that we have boxing, either. It’s really an amazing thing. | 我也很难理解拳击这种运动 太神奇了 |
[21:09] | The problem with boxing, you have two guys having a fight… | 因为拳击的问题在于 双方在开战之前 |
[21:11] | …that have no prior argument. | 相互间并没有起什么争执 |
[21:14] | Why don’t they have the boxers come into the ring in little cars… | 为什么不让拳击手们开着小车 |
[21:17] | …drive around a bit, have a little accident, they get out: | 绕行场地一周 撞撞车 然后再出场? |
[21:20] | ” Didn’t you see my signal? Look at that fender!” | “没看见我的信号啊?瞧你把挡泥板撞的” |
[21:22] | Then you’d see a real fight. | 这样才会有真正的打斗嘛 |