时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Well, I painted my apartment again. I’ve been living there for years. | 我又把公寓刷了一遍 我在那儿住了很多年 |
[00:05] | Every time I paint it, it gets me down. | 每刷一次,就沮丧一次 |
[00:07] | I look around and I think, “Well, it’s a little bit smaller now.” | 环顾四壁,“这房子又小了点” |
[00:12] | It’s the thickness of the paint, but I’m aware of it. | 然后我意识到是因为油漆厚了 |
[00:15] | It just keeps coming in and coming in. | 漆越来越厚,越来越厚 “公寓” |
[00:16] | Every time I paint it, it’s closer and closer. | 每刷一次,空间就小一点 |
[00:19] | I don’t know where the wall outlets are. | 我都找不到墙上的电源插座了 |
[00:21] | I just look for a lump with two slots in it. | 我只能去找一个有俩小孔的凸块 |
[00:23] | Looks like a pig is trying to push his way through from the other side. | 好像一只猪试图从另一边拱进来一样 |
[00:27] | That’s where I plug in. | 猪鼻子就是我的插座 |
[00:30] | My idea of the perfect living room… | 我理想中的完美卧室… |
[00:33] | …would be the bridge on the starship Enterprise | 要像进取号飞船中的舰桥一样 (进取号飞船出自电视剧《星际旅行》) |
[00:35] | You know what I mean?Big chair, nice screen, remote control. | 明白我的意思吧? 大靠椅,宽屏幕,全套遥控装置 |
[00:39] | That’s why Star Trek really was the ultimate male fantasy. | 因此《星际旅行》才被称作是 男人的终极幻想 |
[00:42] | Just hurtling through space in your living room watching TV. | 穿梭于宇宙之中的同时 你可以在卧室里看电视 |
[00:48] | The aliens were always dropping in… | 所以外星人总喜欢来串门子 |
[00:50] | …because Kirk was the only one that had the big screen. | 因为寇克船长是唯一有超宽屏幕的人 |
[00:52] | They’d come over Friday nights.Klingon boxing. Got to be there. | 他们一般周五晚上过来 克林贡人的打斗,非来不可 (克林贡人是星际旅行中的一个种族) |
[01:06] | – What did you do? – Mousse. I moussed up. | – 你做了什么? – 摩丝啊,我打摩丝了 |
[01:10] | – I guess it was just a matter of time. – I should’ve done this years ago. | – 我猜这只是时间问题 – 我几年前就该这么弄了 |
[01:13] | I mean, I feel like I’ve had two lives. | 我是说,我感觉活出了另一个自我 |
[01:15] | My pre-mousse, and now I begin my post-mousse. | 过去不打摩斯的我 和现在开始打摩斯的我 |
[01:18] | Tell me the truth, have you ever seen a better-looking guy? | 老实告诉我,你们见过比我还帅的人吗? |
[01:21] | Looks is so subjective. | 审美是相当主观的 |
[01:24] | I don’t mean to interrupt or anything… | 我无意打断你们… |
[01:27] | …but on Sunday, my friend is having a brunch for the New York Marathon… | 不过,我朋友为星期天的 纽约马拉松赛准备了早午餐 |
[01:30] | Oh, God… I keep forgetting to enter that. | 哦,天啊…我老忘记提这事儿 |
[01:36] | She lives right above First Avenue,has a perfect view of the race. | 她正好住在第一大道上面 她那的比赛视角堪称完美 |
[01:39] | – She said I could invite some friends. – Maybe. | – 她说我可以带几个朋友去 – 也许吧 |
[01:42] | No! I’m not going up there! | 不!我才不上去呢! |
[01:46] | Harold and Manny. | 是哈罗德和曼尼 |
[01:50] | Boys, boys. | 伙计们,伙计们 |
[01:52] | Oh, Jerry. | 是杰瑞啊 |
[01:54] | I slide the rent under your door,Harold. Did you get it? | 我把租金从你门缝里塞进去了 你收到了吗? |
[01:57] | Hey, Jerry. Would you like anything from Ms. Hudwalker’s apartment? | 对了,杰瑞 想不想从哈德沃克太太房里拿点什么? |
[02:02] | I was only joking. | 我不过是开玩笑 |
[02:03] | He thinks I’m gonna give you Ms. Hudwalker’s things. | 他以为我要把哈德沃克太太的东西给你 |
[02:07] | We have to go up now and clean the apartment. | 我们现在得上去清理她的公寓了 |
[02:09] | It’s a good thing her rent was overdue. She’d be rot there for a month. | 幸好她的租金交迟了 否则恐怕她会在那里腐烂一整月 |
[02:12] | She died? Mrs. Hudwalker died? | 她死了?哈德沃克太太死了? |
[02:14] | Ninety-four years old. I found her yesterday. | 她都94岁了,是我昨天发现她的 |
[02:17] | She didn’t have her wig on. It was horrifying. | 她当时没带假发,吓死人了 |
[02:24] | What’s the matter with you? I’m talking! | 你有什么毛病啊?没看见我在说话吗! |
[02:25] | So you know anybody who needs an apartment? | 杰瑞,你知道有谁想租房子吗? |
[02:28] | You know my friend Elaine? | 开玩笑!你记得我的朋友伊莲吧? |
[02:30] | Oh, yeah. I like her. She always says hello. | 记得,我挺喜欢她的 她总是跟我打招呼 |
[02:33] | It’s not promised to anyone? She’d take it in a second. | 没有别人预定吗?她肯定要 |
[02:35] | Well, Manny wanted it for his brother,but he got deported. | 曼尼本想留给他哥哥 但他被驱逐出境了 |
[02:43] | – What’s the difference? It’s true. – So it’s okay? She can have it? | – 有区别吗?这是事实 – 没问题吗?我就直接告诉她了? |
[02:46] | Sure. She’s getting a bargain too. It’s only $400 a month. | 是的,再给她点优惠 400美元一个月 |
[02:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:54] | – Okay. – Hey, Harold. What do you think? | – 行了! – 嗨,哈罗德,你觉得怎么样? |
[02:58] | Manny, look. Kramer put mousse in his hair. | 曼尼,快看,克莱默打摩丝了 |
[03:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:12] | What was that all about? | 你那是什么表情? |
[03:16] | Oh, nothing important. | 哦,没什么大不了的 |
[03:20] | What’s going on? What is that look? | 怎么回事?你那表情是什么意思? |
[03:23] | What look? | 什么表情? |
[03:25] | Nothing. | 什么事儿也没有 |
[03:26] | Something’s going on here. | 肯定有事 |
[03:30] | I don’t know if you should sit for this or not. | 我不知道你是不是该坐着听这消息 |
[03:32] | Sitting is good if you faint… | 考虑到你会晕倒,就坐着好了… |
[03:34] | …but standing is good for jumping up and down. | 但站着你就能欢呼雀跃了 |
[03:39] | – I can’t decide. – Jumping up and down? | – 这可如何是好 – 欢呼雀跃? |
[03:41] | What are you talking about? Come on, cough it up. | 你到底想说什么? 别卖关子了,说出来啊 |
[03:44] | Oh, Elaine, you know the way I am… | 哦,伊莲,你知道我是什么样的人… |
[03:47] | …rarely ever thinking of myself. | 很少为自己着想 |
[03:50] | My only concern is the welfare and happiness of those close to me. | 我唯一关心的就是身边好友的幸福快乐 |
[03:55] | Sure, it hurts sometimes to give and give and give… | 当然了,有时候不断付出也是很痛苦的… |
[03:59] | Would you please? | 你能不能快点说? |
[04:01] | What would you say if I told you that…? | 假如我告诉你… |
[04:06] | Told me what? | 告诉我什么? |
[04:08] | I got you an apartment in this building. | 我帮你在这楼里找了一间公寓 |
[04:10] | – No! – Yes. | – 不可能! – 是真的! |
[04:12] | – No! You didn’t! – Yes. I did. | – 不!你不可能的! – 是真的!我找到了! |
[04:14] | You got me an apartment in the building? | 你在这楼里给我找了一间公寓? |
[04:16] | I got you an apartment in the building. | 我帮你在这楼里找了一间公寓 |
[04:18] | – How did you…? – Remember Mrs. Hudwalker? | – 你是怎么…? – 还记得哈德沃克太太吗? |
[04:20] | The 94-year-old woman who lived above me. | 住我楼上的那个94岁的老太太 |
[04:23] | – No. – She died. | – 不记得 – 她死了 |
[04:24] | – She died? – She died. | – 她死了? – 她死了 |
[04:26] | – She died! – Yeah. | – 她死了! – 是啊! |
[04:29] | – And the rent is only $400 a month. – Get out! | – 并且,租金才400美元一个月 – 骗谁呢! |
[04:35] | Four hundred a month? Only 400 a month? | 400一个月?才400一个月? |
[04:38] | – Four hundred a month. – I’d be right upstairs? | – 就是400一个月 – 我就能住在楼上了? |
[04:40] | – Right upstairs. – Right above you? | – 就在楼上 – 就在你家楼上? |
[04:42] | Right above me. | – 就在我家楼上 |
[04:44] | We’re neighbours. I’ll be here all the time! | 咱成邻居了,我可以随时来这儿! |
[04:47] | All the time. | 随时 |
[04:50] | We can exchange keys so we can come in and out. | 我们可以交换钥匙 这样就能随意进出了 |
[04:52] | Oh, this is gonna be great. | 哦,这真是太好了! |
[04:55] | All the time. | 随时… |
[04:58] | The problem with talking is nobody stops you from saying the wrong thing. | 说话的问题在于没人能及时阻止你说错话 |
[05:01] | I think life would be a lot better… | 我觉得这样的人生更美妙… |
[05:03] | …if it was like you’re always making a movie. | …假如人生如同拍电影一般 |
[05:06] | You mess up, somebody just walks on the set and stops the whole shot. | 你搞砸了,就会有人走上来叫停 |
[05:10] | Think of the things you wish you could take back. | 想想那些你希望可以抹掉的记忆 |
[05:13] | You’re out somewhere with people. “Gee, you look pregnant. Are you?” | 你在人群中说道 “哇,你看起来像怀孕了,是吗?” |
[05:17] | ” Cut, cut, cut! | “停,停,停!” |
[05:19] | That’s not gonna work at all. | “这样可不行” |
[05:22] | Walk out the door. Come back in. Let’s take this whole scene again. | “走出门去,再进来一次 我们把这段戏再拍一遍” |
[05:25] | People, think about what you’re saying.” | “各位,说话之前先动动脑子” |
[05:28] | Thanks. See you later, Donna. | 谢谢,回见,唐娜 |
[05:33] | – What happened? – You can’t believe what I did. | – 你怎么了? – 说了你都不信 |
[05:35] | – What did you do? – I could tell you… | – 你到底干了什么? – 我可以告诉你 |
[05:37] | …but you won’t believe it. It’s not believable. | – 但你肯定不信,这事儿难以置信 – 你究竟干什么了? |
[05:39] | – How could I have done that? – Done what? | – 我究竟是怎么做到的? – 做到什么? |
[05:42] | I told Elaine about an apartment opening up in my building. | 我告诉伊莲我们楼里一间公寓空了 |
[05:44] | – She’s going to move in. – Elaine’s moving into your building? | – 她要搬进来了 – 伊莲要搬到你们楼里? |
[05:47] | – Yes. Right above me. – Right above you? | – 是的,就在我楼上 – 你楼上? |
[05:51] | – You’re gonna be neighbours. – I know. Neighbours. | – 你们要变成邻居了 – 我知道,我们变邻居了 |
[05:53] | – She’s right above you? – Right above me. | – 她就在你楼上? – 就在我楼上 |
[05:55] | – How could you do that? – Because I’m an idiot. | – 你怎么做到的? – 因为我是白痴 |
[05:57] | You think you’re an idiot, but with all due respect… | 你觉得自己是白痴 但是,恕我直言… |
[06:00] | …I’m a much bigger idiot than you are. | 我比你白痴多了! |
[06:02] | Don’t insult me, my friend. Remember who you’re talking to. | 别开我玩笑了,朋友 别忘了你是在和谁说话 |
[06:05] | No one’s a bigger idiot than me. | 没人比我更白痴 |
[06:06] | Ever ask an ex-girlfriend to move into your building? | 你有让前女友搬来跟你做邻居吗? |
[06:08] | Ever go to a singles’ weekend in the Poconos? | 你会没事跑去波可诺山脉度单身周末吗? (波可诺山脉,位于美国宾夕法尼亚州) |
[06:12] | She’s right in my building. Right above me. | 她跟我住一栋楼,就在我楼上 |
[06:14] | Every time I come in, I’ll have to sneak around like a cat burglar. | 每次回家,我都得跟个贼一样偷偷溜进去 |
[06:17] | You’re doomed. You’ll have all your sex at women’s apartments. | 你完了,以后都只能在女方家里滚床单了 |
[06:20] | It’ll be a permanent road trip. Forget about the home-bed advantage. | 要永远处于旅途中了 忘了自己的床有多好吧 |
[06:24] | – But I need the home-bed advantage. – Of course. We all do. | – 但是我喜欢睡自己的床 – 当然,我们都喜欢 |
[06:28] | – Come in for two minutes. Sit with me. – I was just in there. It’s embarrassing. | – 进来陪我坐会儿 – 我刚出来,这样很奇怪 |
[06:32] | Oh, who’s gonna know? | 谁知道呢? |
[06:34] | – They all saw me walk out. – Two minutes. | – 他们都看到我走出来了 – 一会儿就好 |
[06:42] | My censoring system broke down. | 我的监控系统出故障了 |
[06:44] | You know that little guy in your head who watches everything you say? | 我说的是脑子里的那个小人 专门负责监控你说的每句话 |
[06:47] | He went for a cup of coffee. And, in that second, ruined my life. | 那小子喝咖啡去了! 他一跑,我的生活就毁了! |
[06:52] | My censor quit two years ago. | 我那个小子两年前就跑了 |
[06:54] | Checked into a clinic, emotionally exhausted. | 去诊所看了看 医生说是情绪不堪重负 |
[06:57] | So is there any way out of this Elaine thing? | 有什么办法可以解决伊莲的事吗? |
[07:00] | Tough. | 难啊 |
[07:01] | Water pressure’s terrible in my building. She loves a good shower. | 我们楼的水压很糟糕 而她又喜欢洗个好澡 |
[07:04] | Never heard of anyone turning down an apartment because of weak showers. | 没听过有人因为水压过低而拒绝一间公寓 |
[07:07] | If they were fanatic about showers, they might. | 要是那种酷爱洗澡的人 也许就有可能了 |
[07:09] | For that rent, she’d take a bath in the toilet tank if she had to. | 就这点租金 叫她在厕所水箱里洗澡她都乐意 |
[07:14] | Look at this woman feeding her baby… | 看那个喂孩子的女人 |
[07:16] | …greasy, disgusting,coffee-shop corned beef hash. | 竟然拿咖啡店里油腻又恶心的 咸牛肉马铃薯泥喂宝宝 |
[07:19] | Isn’t that child abuse? | 那算不算虐待儿童? |
[07:22] | I’d like to have a kid. | 我倒想要个孩子 |
[07:25] | Of course, you have to have a date first. | 当然,得先有个约会才行 |
[07:28] | Remember my friend Adam from Detroit? | 记得我那个底特律的朋友亚当吗? |
[07:30] | – Yeah, the guy with the flat head. – He’s a cube. | – 记得,那个脑袋平平的家伙 – 他脑袋明明是方的 |
[07:32] | Anyway, he got married about six months ago. | 总之,他六个月前结婚了 |
[07:34] | Ever since he’s worn a wedding band… | 他说自打他戴上结婚戒指以后 |
[07:36] | …women have been coming on to him everywhere. | 到哪儿都特别有女人缘 |
[07:38] | – I’ve heard that about wedding bands. – I wonder if that’s really true. | – 这说法我也听过 – 我怀疑是不是真的 |
[07:43] | That’d be an interesting sociological experiment. | 我们做个有趣的社会学试验吧 |
[07:45] | You know, Kramer has his father’s band. He’d loan it to you. | 克莱默爸爸的婚戒在他手上呢 他会借给你的 |
[07:55] | Hey, thanks a lot. I’ll give it back in a week. | 多谢了,一周之内一定奉还 |
[07:57] | I don’t know why you’re fooling around with this ring. | 我搞不懂你干吗要带着个戒指到处游荡 |
[08:00] | I’ve been telling you,get yourself some plugs or a piece… | 我说过多少次了 去找女人搞上几次 |
[08:03] | …or a piece. – I’m not doing that. | – 或者去找个炮友 – 我才不要这样 |
[08:04] | Oh, man. You know, you’re crazy. You’re a good-looking guy. | 哦,天哪,你真是疯了 你长这么帅 |
[08:08] | What do you want to walk around like that for? | 何必非要这样四处游荡? |
[08:10] | No, I’ll put a half a can of mousse in my head like you. | 是啊,我应该像你那样往头上抹半瓶摩丝 |
[08:17] | I told you I don’t like these sponges. They’re too small. | 我说过了我要的不是这种海绵 这种太小了! |
[08:21] | I want a big sponge! | 我要的是大个儿海绵! |
[08:25] | You can’t pick up anything. There’s no absorption. | 这么小有什么用? 什么也吸收不了啊 |
[08:28] | Boys, boys. | 伙计们,伙计们 |
[08:31] | Hi, Jerry. | 嗨,杰瑞 |
[08:32] | Hello, Jerry. | 你好,杰瑞 |
[08:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:39] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[08:41] | Your friend can’t have the apartment, Jerry. | 你朋友不能租那间公寓了,杰瑞 |
[08:43] | – What? – Because somebody offered Manny… | – 什么? – 因为有人提出付曼尼… |
[08:46] | …$5000 for the apartment. | 5000美元租那间公寓 |
[08:49] | I don’t want to do it. Manny wants to do it. | 这怪不得我,是曼尼要这样 |
[08:53] | Because it’s true. Why shouldn’t I tell him? | 因为这是事实! 我凭什么不能告诉他? |
[08:55] | Hey, hey, I understand. You’re businessmen. | 好了,好了,我能理解 你们是生意人嘛 |
[08:58] | Okay, okay. | 好吧,好吧 |
[09:04] | Now he says that if your friend has $5000, we’ll give it to her. | 现在他说,假如你的朋友也能付5000 我们就租给她 |
[09:09] | That’s a lot of money… | 这可不是个小数目… |
[09:10] | …but if that’s the way it’s gotta be, that’s the way it’s gotta be. | 不过事已至此,也只能这样了 |
[09:16] | You know, I used to think that the universe… | 我过去认为宇宙… |
[09:20] | …is a random, chaotic sequence of meaningless events. | 只是无聊事件的任意无序排列 |
[09:24] | But I see now that there is reason and purpose to all things. | 但现在我认为一切都是冥冥之中注定的 |
[09:29] | What happened to you? | 你怎么回事? |
[09:31] | Religion, my friend. That’s what happened to me. | 信仰,朋友,我找到信仰了 |
[09:34] | Because I have just been informed that it’s going to cost Elaine… | 我刚被告知伊莲得花… |
[09:38] | …the sum of $5000 to get the apartment upstairs. | 总共5000美元才能租到那间公寓 |
[09:42] | Five thousand dollars? She doesn’t have $5000. | 5000美元?她哪有那么多钱 |
[09:45] | – Of course she doesn’t. – So she can’t get the apartment. | – 她当然没有 – 也就是说她不可能租到了 |
[09:48] | – Can’t get it. – She doesn’t move in. | – 租不到了 – 也就是说她不会搬进来了 |
[09:50] | No move. | 搬不成了 |
[09:51] | So you see? It’s all part of a divine plan. | 明白了吧?冥冥之中都安排好了 |
[09:55] | And how does the baldness fit into that plan? | 那我这秃头咋没被安排好呢? |
[10:01] | – Elaine? – Yeah. | – 伊莲吗? – 是我 |
[10:05] | All right. | 好了 |
[10:07] | This is gonna require some great acting now. | 我得秀一下我的卓越演技了 |
[10:10] | I have to pretend I’m disappointed. | 我得装出一副很失望的样子 |
[10:12] | So you’ll see me really being a phoney. I hope you can take this. | 接下来我要开始装腔作势了 别看不下去 |
[10:15] | You should go in the other room. | 或者你还是别在这屋里呆着了 |
[10:17] | Are you kidding? I lie every second of the day. | 有没有搞错!我每时每刻都在说谎 |
[10:19] | My whole life is a sham. | 我整个儿生活就是一个大骗局 |
[10:22] | – Because I love Elaine. – Of course you do. | – 你知道我爱伊莲! – 当然 |
[10:25] | But, you know, not in the building. | 但是,你知道,一起住就不行了 |
[10:28] | Really, I feel terrible about this. My intentions were good. | 真的,我感到很内疚 但我本意是好的 |
[10:31] | What can I do? Tell me. | 我又能怎样呢?你倒是说说看 |
[10:33] | No. I’ll be seeing you. | 不用了,我会去看你的 |
[10:40] | Have you ever gotten up in the morning and felt that it’s great to be alive? | 你有没有试过某天早上一睁开眼 突然发现生活是如此的美好 |
[10:44] | That every breath is a gift of sweet life from above. | 每一次呼吸都是天赐之物 |
[10:56] | Before I forget… | 在我忘记之前… |
[10:58] | …I have the checks for the first month,last month,security deposit. | 我把支付第一个月,最后一个月 以及押金的支票都带来了 |
[11:04] | I have $7 5 left in my account. | 我账上只有75美元了 |
[11:08] | Well, there’s a little bit of a problem. | 呃,出了点小问题 |
[11:11] | Oh, I know. There’s a weak shower spray. | 哦,我知道,淋浴喷头水压太小 |
[11:13] | I’ve already thought about it. I am switching to baths. | 我都想好了,我以后改泡澡了 |
[11:16] | Winston Churchill said, “Why stand when you can sit?” | 温斯顿・丘吉尔说过 “既然能坐何苦站着?” |
[11:19] | Maybe I’ll get some rubber duckies. | 兴许我该去买点橡皮鸭子 (橡皮鸭子,外国小孩泡澡时的玩具) |
[11:22] | No. Someone offered Harold and Manny 5000 for the apartment. | 不是,有人出5000块租那间公寓 |
[11:28] | They’d just as soon give it to you… | 我想他们更愿意把公寓租给你 |
[11:30] | …but you would have to come up with that money. | 前提是你得支付同样的价钱 |
[11:33] | Five thousand dollars? | 5000美元? |
[11:36] | – I don’t have $5000. – I know. | – 我没那么多钱 – 我知道 |
[11:39] | How am I gonna get $5000? | 我去哪弄那么多钱啊? |
[11:41] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[11:44] | Hey! My new neighbour. | 嘿!新邻居 |
[11:47] | I’m not moving in. | 做不成邻居了 |
[11:49] | – What? – They want $5000 now. | – 什么? – 他们现在要我付5000美元 |
[11:52] | So okay, what’s the problem? | 好吧,这有什么问题? |
[11:55] | I don’t have $5000. | 我没那么多钱 |
[11:57] | Oh, come on! You can come up with $5000. | 嘿,振作点,你肯定能凑到5000美元 |
[12:00] | Jerry, you don’t have $5000 you can lend her? | 杰瑞,你就不能借她5000美元吗? |
[12:04] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[12:06] | Yeah, well, I didn’t… I mean… | 嗯,呃,我没有…我是说… |
[12:08] | Is that something you want to borrow? | 你真想借这么多钱吗? |
[12:11] | No, that’s too much money to borrow. | 不,我不可能借这么多钱 |
[12:14] | Loan her the money. You can afford it. | 借给她吧,你又不是没有 |
[12:16] | She doesn’t want to borrow the money. | 问题是她不想借 |
[12:18] | Oh, come on. She’ll pay you back. What’s 5 grand between friends? | 得了吧,她会还你的 5000块钱对于朋友算什么啊 |
[12:22] | – Of course I’d pay you back. – Yeah. | – 我肯定会还的 – 就是 |
[12:24] | So, what’s the problem? | 好了,还有什么问题? |
[12:26] | – Who said there’s a problem? – See? | – 谁说有问题了? – 看见没? |
[12:29] | – He said he’d loan you the money. – Well, now, Jerry… | – 他答应借钱给你了 – 听着,杰瑞… |
[12:31] | …it might take a while for me to pay you back. | 我还钱可能要花些日子 |
[12:34] | Maybe a few years. How do you feel about that? | 也许得几年,你真的不介意? |
[12:36] | It’s okay. He doesn’t care. | 这有什么,他肯定不介意 |
[12:41] | You know, money can sometimes come between friends. | 你知道,有时候亲兄弟都要明算账呢 |
[12:44] | – Get out of here. – Well, let me think about it. | – 得了吧 – 让我先考虑一下 |
[12:46] | – What’s there to think about? – I don’t know. Five thousand? | – 还有什么好考虑的? – 我怎么知道,5000美元不是小数目 |
[12:51] | Let me just take one more look at it. | 让我再去看一眼那间公寓 |
[13:01] | It was all over. | 本来都没事了 |
[13:03] | Taken care of. Done. Finished. | 搞定,完事,结束了 |
[13:05] | Five thousand. Where was she gonna get 5000? She doesn’t have 5000. | 5000美元,她去哪弄这么多钱? 她没有这么多钱 |
[13:09] | Clean. Goodbye. She’s gone. | 这不结了吗,拜拜,她不用搬进来了 |
[13:11] | Then you come in. “Why don’t you loan her 5000? | 然后你跑进来 “你借给她5000块不就得了?” |
[13:13] | What do you care? You got 5000. Give her 5000!” | “你有什么好在乎的? 你又不是没钱,借给她就是了!” |
[13:17] | – You didn’t want her in the building? – No, I didn’t. | – 你不想她搬进来? – 不,我不想 |
[13:21] | Then what did you loan her the $5000 for? | 那你借钱给她干什么? |
[13:25] | Well, look, maybe she won’t take it. | 呃,也许她不想借呢 |
[13:27] | She did say that she was gonna think about it. | 她说了要考虑一下的 |
[13:30] | People don’t turn down money. It’s what separates us from the animals. | 人是不会拒绝钱的 这正是人和动物的区别所在 |
[13:34] | Yeah, well, I don’t understand what the problem is having her in the building. | 不过我还是不明白她搬进来有什么问题 |
[13:38] | Let me explain something to you. | 我来解释给你听 |
[13:40] | You see… | 你知道… |
[13:43] | …you’re not normal. | …你不正常 |
[13:45] | You’re a great guy. I love you, but you’re a pod. | 对,你是个好人,我爱你 但你神经大条 |
[13:50] | l, on the other hand, am a human being. | 我正好与你相反,我是个正常人 |
[13:52] | I sometimes feel awkward, uncomfortable… | 我与人共处一室时 有时会感到尴尬,不自在… |
[13:55] | …even inhibited in certain situations with the other human beings. | 某些情况下甚至感到拘谨 |
[13:59] | – You wouldn’t understand. – Yeah. Because I’m a pod. | – 你是不会理解的 – 是的,因为我神经大条 |
[14:04] | I’ll take it! | 我决定要租了! |
[14:06] | No. | 不 |
[14:15] | – Hi, Elaine. – Oh, hi, Roxanne. | – 你好,伊莲 – 哦,你好,罗姗 |
[14:17] | Nice to be here. These are my friends. | 能来真的很高兴,他们是我的朋友 |
[14:19] | This is George. | 这位是乔治 |
[14:20] | – And this is Jerry. – Hi. | – 这位是杰瑞 – 你好 |
[14:22] | Jerry’s the one who got me my new apartment. | 杰瑞就是帮我找到新公寓的人 |
[14:25] | So you’re Elaine’s hero. | 你可成了伊莲心中的英雄了 |
[14:27] | Yes, it’s my life’s work. | 是啊,这是我的人生目标 |
[14:30] | There are so few true heroes left in this world. | 这世上真正的英雄可不多了 |
[14:33] | Yeah, my wife couldn’t make it today. | 没错,我妻子今天来不了了 |
[14:37] | She’s got some thing with her mother. Who knows what’s going on with her? | 她跟她妈在一起 天知道她在忙什么 |
[14:42] | Don’t let anybody kid you. | 别被别人唬了 |
[14:43] | It’s tough. | 这滋味儿可不好受 |
[14:48] | Well, better load up on some carbos before the race. | 比赛开始前还是先喝点饮料吧 |
[14:52] | – Oh, the marathon is great, isn’t it? – Oh, yes. Particularly if you’re not in it. | – 马拉松比赛太棒了,不是吗? – 哦,当然,尤其是看别人跑 |
[14:57] | – I wish we had a view of the finish line. – What’s to see? | – 希望能看到冲刺 – 有什么好看的? |
[14:59] | A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya and 20,000 losers. | 一个挪威女人,一个肯尼亚男人 剩下两万多名重在参与的 |
[15:05] | My wife started getting on me about the lawn today. | 我老婆今天开始跟我唠叨草坪了 |
[15:08] | I tell you, it’s one thing after another. | 我跟你说,她就喜欢唠叨个没完 |
[15:11] | – Is she here? – No, no, she’s working. | – 她来了吗? – 没有,她上班去了 |
[15:14] | What does she do? | 她是做什么工作的? |
[15:16] | She’s an entomologist. You know, bees, flies, gnats. | 她是昆虫学家,你知道 就是研究蜜蜂啊,苍蝇啊,小虫子之类的 |
[15:22] | What about you? | 你是做什么工作的? |
[15:23] | I work for the director of Madison Square Garden. | 我为麦迪逊广场花园的经理工作 |
[15:26] | It’s great. I can get free tickets to any sporting event in New York. | 这工作很棒,我可以弄到纽约 所有体育赛事的免费票 |
[15:31] | Anyway, she’s a very lucky woman. Enjoy the race. | 总之,你老婆真的很幸运 好好享受比赛 |
[15:36] | But… | 但是… |
[15:37] | Hi, Stan. Joanne. Come in. | 你们来了,斯坦,乔安妮,快进来 |
[15:40] | Oh, Jerry, this is Joanne and this is Stan. | 杰瑞,这位是乔安妮 这位是斯坦 |
[15:42] | They’re in my short story class with Roxanne and me. | 他们和罗姗还有我一起上短篇小说辅导班 |
[15:45] | Hey, Jerry just got me a great apartment in his building. | 杰瑞刚帮我在他的楼上租到一间公寓 |
[15:49] | Well, Jerry, it’ll be nice to have a close friend nearby. | 杰瑞,和好朋友一起住的感觉肯定不错 |
[15:53] | – Fantastic. – She can pop in whenever she wants. | – 简直好极了 – 她想什么时候串门都可以 |
[15:55] | I know. | 当然 |
[15:57] | – She doesn’t even need to knock. – It’s tremendous. | – 连敲门都省了 – 太棒了 |
[16:00] | – Any time of day. – I’m in heaven. | – 什么时候都可以 – 我简直是在天堂 |
[16:03] | Oh, Rita. Rita, come here. | 哦,丽塔,丽塔,快过来 |
[16:05] | This is Jerry. He’s the one who got me the apartment. | 这是杰瑞,就是他帮我租到公寓的 |
[16:08] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[16:10] | Bob, this is the guy who got Elaine her apartment. | 鲍勃,这就是帮伊莲租到公寓的家伙 |
[16:18] | I’m sorry, I just don’t see the big deal about being a matador. | 不好意思,我实在是不知道 当斗牛士有什么了不起的 |
[16:22] | I mean, the bull charges, you move the cape… | 我是说,公牛蓄势待发 你只要甩一下红斗篷… |
[16:25] | …what’s so hard? | 这很难吗? |
[16:28] | So are you really married? | 你真的结婚了吗? |
[16:30] | I’ve actually heard of single guys who wear wedding bands to attract women. | 我可听说很多单身男人 都带上个婚戒来吸引女人 |
[16:37] | You would have to be a real loser to try something like that. | 那样的人真是太失败了 |
[16:41] | That’s too bad… | 太可惜了… |
[16:43] | …because I really have a thing for bald guys with glasses. | 我总是对带眼镜的秃头佬有好感 |
[16:53] | Hey, everybody, here come the runners. | 喂,大家快来看,选手们来了 |
[16:55] | Oh, excuse me. | 哦,我先失陪了 |
[16:59] | So you and Roxanne are hitting it off, huh? | 你和罗姗挺合拍呢,对吗? |
[17:02] | – I wouldn’t quite say that. – Really? | – 我可不这么认为 – 是吗? |
[17:04] | From a distance, you seemed to be coming on to her. | 从旁观者的角度 你看起来对她挺有好感 |
[17:06] | Oh, I’m a guy. It always looks like that. | 哦,我是个男人,很容易被误解 |
[17:09] | Because I was thinking… | 本来我还在想… |
[17:12] | …are you at all concerned that living in the same building… | 你会不会担心我们同住一栋楼… |
[17:16] | …will, you know, cramp our styles? | 会妨碍到我们之间的关系? |
[17:19] | Because I was worried that there might be a situation… | 因为我担心可能有一天… |
[17:22] | …in which one of us came home with somebody. | 我们其中一个带对象回家 |
[17:25] | It could get a little uncomfortable. | 那样会有点尴尬 |
[17:27] | But as long as you’re okay with it, it’s fine with me. | 不过,只要你不介意,我无所谓 |
[17:33] | I’ve never been able to be with just one person. | 我做不到只跟一个人长相思守 |
[17:36] | I can, however, carry on strictly physical relationships… | 但我可以只谈性不谈情… |
[17:40] | …which can last for years and years. | 可以长期只做性伴侣 |
[17:43] | It’s a shame you’re married. | 只可惜你已经结婚了 |
[17:47] | I’m not. | 我没结婚 |
[17:49] | – It’s just a sociological experiment. – Please. | – 这只是个社会学实验 – 别这样 |
[18:03] | You have no idea what an idiot is. | 你不知道我有多白痴 |
[18:07] | Elaine just gave me a chance to get out, and I didn’t take it. | 刚刚伊莲给了我摆脱一切的机会 我却没能抓住 |
[18:11] | This is an idiot. | 我就是个白痴 |
[18:13] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[18:16] | I just threw away a lifetime of guilt-free sex… | 我刚刚错失了一位 无需感到内疚的终身炮友 |
[18:21] | …and floor seats for every sporting event in Madison Square Garden. | 和在麦迪逊广场花园前排座位 观看所有体育比赛的机会 |
[18:26] | So, please, a little respect. | 因此,拜托,给我点尊重吧 |
[18:29] | For I am Costanza, lord of the idiots. | 因为我姓克斯坦撒,是白痴之王 |
[18:36] | You’re all winners! | 你们都是好样的! |
[18:40] | But, suddenly, a new contender has emerged. | 但是,忽然间 一个新的竞争者出现了 |
[18:47] | George, I didn’t sleep at all last night. | 乔治,我昨晚都没睡着 |
[18:50] | I decided I have to tell her. | 我想好了,我要告诉她 |
[18:52] | I’m just gonna be honest, that’s all. | 我只是想实话实说,仅此而已 |
[18:55] | Yes, I’m nervous. | 我当然紧张 |
[18:57] | Are you listening to me? | 你到底有没有在听我讲话? |
[19:00] | Just put some soap on your finger. It’ll slide right off. | 在手指上打点肥皂 戒指就会自己滑下来了 |
[19:04] | Well, then try axle grease. | 那就试试润滑油 |
[19:07] | I’ll call you back after I talk to her. | 我跟她摊牌后再打给你 |
[19:10] | Well… | 好了… |
[19:12] | …it’s all taken care of. | 都搞定了 |
[19:15] | Everything’s cool. | 全都搞定了 |
[19:18] | – What? What’s cool? – Elaine. | – 什么?搞定什么了? – 伊莲的事啊 |
[19:21] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[19:23] | I just found a guy who’s willing to pay $1 0,000 for the apartment. | 我刚找到一个愿意出一万美元 租那间公寓的家伙 |
[19:27] | You what? Get out! | 什么?不会吧! |
[19:29] | – Ten thousand? – Cash! | – 一万美元? – 还是现金 |
[19:31] | – Who would pay that much? – He’s in the music business. | – 谁愿意花这么多钱啊? – 一个搞音乐的 |
[19:34] | Elaine would never borrow that much money. Kramer, my God, man. | 伊莲绝不会借这么多钱的 克莱默,你真绝了,哥们 |
[19:38] | This is beautiful. I think I’m in the clear here. | 太棒了!我现在没事了 |
[19:40] | Elaine’s not moving in. | 伊莲不会搬过来了 |
[19:42] | I don’t have to confront her. She has no idea I never wanted her to move in. | 我也不必去找她摊牌了 她根本不会知道我其实不想她搬过来 |
[19:46] | I’m golden. | 好极了 |
[19:48] | Well, occasionally, I like to help the humans. | 偶尔我也想帮帮你们这群正常人 |
[20:01] | – Wow, you’re right, that is loud. – It’s just unbelievable. | – 哇,你说得对,这声音太大了 – 简直难以想象 |
[20:04] | – They rehearse all the time? – All the time. | – 他们天天都这么排练吗? – 每天都是 |
[20:06] | I’ve been up there six times. They refuse to stop. | 我已经上去六次了 他们就是不肯停下来 |
[20:09] | I can’t live like this. I don’t know what to do. I’m headed for a breakdown. | 我受不了了,我都不知道该怎么办 再这么下去我会崩溃的 |
[20:13] | – Can’t you do something? – I’m not going up. | – 你就不能做点什么吗? – 我不上去 |
[20:15] | – It stinks up there. – Manny? | – 他们那太臭了 – 曼尼? |
[20:22] | I’m not the one who said they could play till 1 1:00. | 又不是我说他们可以弹到11点的 |
[20:26] | He makes up his own rules. | 他自己定的规矩 |
[20:27] | Boy, too bad. If I was up there, you’d never hear a peep out of me. | 真可惜,要是我住在楼上 你们绝不会听到一点噪音 |
[20:31] | – I’m as quiet as a mouse. – Hey. | – 我安静得跟只老鼠似的 – 嗨 |
[20:35] | I love the one they do right after this one. | 我喜欢他们演奏接下来的那首 |
[20:39] | What do you do when a neighbour… | 当你的邻居半夜三点还噪音不断 |
[20:41] | …is making a lot of noise at 3:00 in the morning? | 你会怎么办? |
[20:44] | Can you knock on someone’s door and tell them to keep it down? | 你能跑去敲门叫他们安静点吗? |
[20:46] | You’re really altering your whole self-image. | 这样做势必要整个改变你的自我形象 |
[20:49] | What am l, Fred Mertz now? What’s happening to me? | 我是谁啊?佛瑞德・莫兹吗? 我到底怎么了? (佛瑞德・莫兹,《我爱莫西》里的人物) |
[20:52] | Can I do this? Am I a shusher? I used to be a shushee. | 我能这么做吗?我是能对人“嘘”的人吗? 我过去喜欢“嘘”别人 |
[20:56] | There’s a lot of shushing in movie theatres. People are always shushing. | 剧院里总能听到“嘘”声 人们总是在“嘘”“嘘” |
[21:02] | Doesn’t work. Nobody knows where it’s coming from. | 这不管用,没人知道是谁在“嘘” |
[21:04] | They just hear…”Was that a shush? I think somebody shushed me?” | 他们只是听到“嘘”声 “有‘嘘’了?有人朝我‘嘘’了” |
[21:07] | Some people you can’t shush. There’s always a certain group. | 有些人是“嘘”也不管用的 总有这么一群人 |
[21:10] | They’re talking. Everyone around them is shushing them. | 他们说话时,周围一片嘘声 |
[21:12] | They won’t shush. They’re the unshushables. | 他们根本不在乎 他们是“嘘”不动的 |