时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I was watching women in the department store trying on clothes. | 曾经有一次我在百货商店 观察女人试衣服 |
[00:05] | And I notice that they do it differently from men. | 我发现她们的做法 跟男人不一样 |
[00:08] | Women don’t try on the clothes, they get behind the clothes. | 她们不穿上衣服 只是拿在面前比一比 |
[00:13] | They take a dress off the rack… | 她们把衣服从衣架上拿下来… |
[00:16] | …and they hold it up against themself. | …然后将衣服拿到自己身前 |
[00:19] | They can tell something from this. | 好不好看她们能看出来 |
[00:21] | They stick one leg way out. | 她们还总是将一只脚猛往前伸 |
[00:24] | They need to know, ” If someday I’m one-legged at a 45-degree angle… | 因为她们想知道 “假如有一天,我的一只脚成了45度…” |
[00:28] | …what am I gonna wear?” | “…我该穿什么衣服呢” |
[00:31] | You never see a man do that, see a guy take a suit off the rack… | 你绝不会看到男人这么做 一个男人将衣服从衣架上取下来 |
[00:34] | …put his head in the neck, go, “What about this suit? I’ll get it. Looks fine. | …然后直接从头上套进去 “这衣服看着如何?我买了,看上去不错” |
[00:38] | Put some shoes by the bottom of the pants. I want to make sure. | “再穿双鞋子,我得确定一下” |
[00:41] | Perfect. Now, what if I’m walking? Move the shoes, move the shoes. | “太棒了,如果我走两步呢? 我走,我走” |
[00:44] | Move the shoes.” | “我再走” |
[00:53] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[00:55] | All right. All right. | 好了,好了 |
[00:57] | What’s the matter with that? What about that one? | 那个怎么了 那个呢 |
[01:00] | Robert Vaughn, The Helsinki Formula? | 罗伯特・沃恩 Helsinki Formula的广告? (Helsinki Formula化妆品品牌) |
[01:04] | He was good in Man From U.N. C.L.E. | 他在Man From U.N.C.L.E中的表演很不错 (NBC公司制作的于1964首播的剧集, 历程5年,共105集。) |
[01:06] | Guess whose birthday is coming up soon. | 猜猜谁的生日快到了 |
[01:10] | I know. I know. I’m having my root canal the same week. | 我知道,我知道 那周我还要动个牙根手术 |
[01:14] | I hope you got a good oral surgeon, because that can be very serious. | 但愿你能找个医术高明点的医师 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[01:21] | Hey, lookit. Naked people. | 看,裸体 |
[01:25] | No, I don’t want to see the naked people. | 我不想看裸体 |
[01:28] | Been a while? | 很久没看了吧 |
[01:32] | I have a vague recollection of doing something with someone… | 我还隐约记得上次与某人那个… |
[01:35] | …but it was a long, long time ago. | …但那是很久之前的事了 |
[01:38] | I think my last time was in Rochester. | 我记得我最后一次是在罗彻斯特 |
[01:41] | My hair was a lot shorter. | 当时我头发比现在可短多了 |
[01:44] | I remember that it’s a good thing. | 我记得那次还不错 |
[01:49] | And someday, I hope to do it again. | 如果再有机会,我还想再来一次 |
[02:01] | What? | 怎么 |
[02:02] | What? | 怎么 |
[02:04] | – What was that look? – What look? | – 你那是什么表情啊 – 什么表情 |
[02:07] | The look you just gave me. | 你刚刚看我的表情 |
[02:09] | – I gave a look? – Yes. | – 刚刚我有过什么表情吗 – 当然 |
[02:11] | – What kind of a look? – I know that look. | – 什么样的? – 我明白那个意思 |
[02:14] | – So, what was it? – Why should I tell you? | – 到底是什么样的 – 我凭什么告诉你 |
[02:16] | Well, you’re the big look expert. | 因为你是个表情大专家 |
[02:19] | I want to see how smart you are. | 让我看看你到底有多聪明 |
[02:22] | Trust me. I know the look. | 相信我,那表情我绝对明白 |
[02:30] | – So? – What? | – 那么 – 什么 |
[02:31] | – What about the look? – I don’t know. | – 怎么会有那种表情呢 – 我不知道 |
[02:34] | – You got something on your mind? – No. | – 你打什么鬼主意? – 哪有 |
[02:37] | Things pop into your head. | 你脑子想事想的太多了吧 |
[02:40] | You? | 不是吗? |
[02:41] | Things occur to me from time to time. | 我经常会想事 |
[02:43] | Yeah. Me too. | 我也是 |
[02:49] | Well, you can’t expect to just forget the past completely. | 别指望你能把刚发生的事完全忘掉 |
[02:53] | Well, no, of course not. | 对,当然 |
[02:55] | I mean, it’s something we did. | 我是说,那就是我们做过的事 |
[02:57] | Probably about… | 大概有… |
[02:59] | …what, 25 times. | …25次 |
[03:01] | Thirty-seven. | 37次 |
[03:06] | Yeah, we pretty much know what we’re doing in there. | 是的,咱俩都清楚在那干的那些事 |
[03:11] | – We know the terrain. – No big surprises. | – 我们了解那的一切 – 毫无疑问 |
[03:15] | Nope. | 是的 |
[03:22] | – What do you think? – I don’t know. What do you think? | – 你觉得呢 – 我不知道,你觉得呢 |
[03:25] | Well, it’s something to consider. | 那事值得考虑一下 |
[03:27] | – Yeah. – I mean, let’s say… | 我是说,假如… |
[03:31] | …what if… | …假如… |
[03:32] | …we did? – What if? | – …我们做过? – 假如? |
[03:34] | Is that, like, the end of the world or something? | 难道这是世界末日还是怎么着? |
[03:37] | – Certainly not. – Why shouldn’t we be able to do that… | – 当然不是 – 那为什么有时我们想做的时候… |
[03:39] | …once in a while if we want to? – I know. | – …不能做? – 对 |
[03:42] | I mean, really, what is the big deal? | 我是说,真的,这有什么大不了的 |
[03:44] | We go in there… | 咱俩就去那 |
[03:46] | …we’re in there for a while, then we come back out here. | …就一小会,然后再回来坐在这 |
[03:49] | That’s not complicated. | 这可没什么复杂的 |
[03:51] | It’s almost stupid if we didn’t. | 如果我们没做还真是蠢呢 |
[03:53] | – It’s moronic. – Absurd. | – 根本就是傻嘛 – 扯淡 |
[03:58] | Course… | 当然… |
[04:01] | …I guess maybe some little problems could arise. | …我猜可能有些小问题 |
[04:05] | There are always a few. | 总有这么些小问题 |
[04:06] | I mean, if anything happened… | 我是说,假如什么事发生了… |
[04:08] | …and we couldn’t be friends the way we are now, that would really be bad. | 然后我们就不能像现在这样做朋友 这样就不好了 |
[04:13] | – Devastating. – Because this is very good. | – 无法想象 – 因为现在这样非常好 |
[04:19] | And that would be good. | 干那种事没什么问题 |
[04:21] | That would be good too. | 干那种事也没什么问题 |
[04:24] | The idea is to combine the this… | 现在要做的就是 把这种关系 |
[04:27] | …and the that. | 和那种事结合一下 |
[04:29] | But this cannot be disturbed. | 但是咱俩这关系不能被破坏 |
[04:31] | Yeah, we just want to take this… | 对,我们不但要这种关系 |
[04:34] | …and add that. | 还要那种事 |
[04:40] | But of course, we’d have to figure out a way… | 但是当然,我们得找到一种方法… |
[04:43] | …to avoid the things that cause the little problems. | …能避免那些小问题的产生 |
[04:46] | Maybe some rules or something. | 也许定些规矩或则什么 |
[04:49] | For example: | 例如: |
[04:52] | Now I call you whenever I’m inclined, and vice versa. | 现在,任何时候我有事就打电话给你 相反也一样 |
[04:55] | But if we did that, we might feel… | 假如我们做了,我们也许会感觉… |
[04:58] | …a certain obligation to call. | 打电话问候就成了某种义务 |
[05:01] | Well, why should that be? | 为什么会这样呢 |
[05:03] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[05:05] | No calls the day after that. | 做完的第二天不准打电话 |
[05:09] | Beautiful. | 太棒了 |
[05:11] | Let’s make it a rule. | 就这么定了 |
[05:12] | All right, sir. | 好的,先生 |
[05:17] | – Now, here’s another little rule. – Yeah. | – 现在还有一个小规矩 – 说 |
[05:20] | When we see each other now… | 我们现在见面之后… |
[05:21] | …we retire to our separate quarters. | …我们可以安然的回家入睡 |
[05:23] | But sometimes when people get involved with that… | 但是当人们做过那种事后… |
[05:27] | …they feel pressure… | …通常会感到压力… |
[05:29] | …to sleep over. | 很难入睡 |
[05:32] | When that… | 因为那 |
[05:34] | …is not really sleep. | …根本就不是真睡 |
[05:38] | Sleep is separate from that, and I don’t see… | 睡觉跟那个有明显的界限 我就不明白… |
[05:42] | …why sleep got all tied up and connected… | …为什么睡觉总是跟这种事… |
[05:47] | …with that. | …有千丝万缕的联系 |
[05:49] | Okay, okay, rule number two: Spending the night is optional. | 规矩2:可以选择是否一起过夜 |
[05:57] | Well, now we’re getting somewhere. | 算是达成一致了吧 |
[06:02] | Good. | 不错 |
[06:04] | – What about the kiss good night? – Tough one. | – 晚安吻呢 – 不好说 |
[06:08] | Your call. | 听你的 |
[06:10] | It’s bourgeois. | 很小资 |
[06:12] | Fine. | 就这样吧 |
[06:15] | Well. | |
[06:18] | Well. | |
[06:24] | You ready? | 准备好了? |
[06:28] | Ready. | 好了 |
[06:36] | So you think you can handle this? | 你确定没问题了? |
[06:38] | Definitely. | 毫无疑问 |
[06:45] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[06:48] | – Got the paper? – Not yet. | – 拿报纸了吗 – 还没呢 |
[06:50] | – No paper. – I haven’t been out yet. | – 没有报纸 – 我还没出门呢 |
[06:52] | Well, what’s taking you so long? | 你忙活什么呢 |
[07:04] | Oh, yeah. | |
[07:09] | What’s the deal with Aquaman? | 潜水侠怎么回事 (潜水侠是美国漫画人物) |
[07:12] | Could he go on the land, or was he just restricted to water? | 他是没有能力上岸 还是被限制在水中了? |
[07:15] | No, I think I saw him on land a couple times. | 不,我见过他上岸几次 |
[07:20] | So how’s the job situation going? | 你的工作如何了 |
[07:22] | Still looking. | 还在找 |
[07:24] | Pretty bad out there. What about you? | 情况不怎么好,你呢? |
[07:26] | Nothing much. I slept with Elaine last night. | 没什么大事,我昨晚跟伊莲睡了 |
[07:33] | Oxygen. I need some oxygen. | 氧气,我需要氧气 |
[07:35] | – This is major. – I thought you’d like that. | – 这可是大件事 – 我觉得你会感兴趣的 |
[07:38] | Oh, this is huge! | 这可不是小事! |
[07:40] | – I know. – All right, okay. Let’s go. Details. | – 我明白 – 好了,继续,具体点 |
[07:43] | No, I can’t give details. | 不行,这可不能说 |
[07:45] | – You what? – I can’t give details. | – 什么? – 我才不说具体的呢 |
[07:47] | No details? | 不具体点? |
[07:50] | I’m not in the mood. | 没心情 |
[07:53] | You ask me here to have lunch… | 你叫我来这吃饭 |
[07:55] | …tell me you slept with Elaine… | 然后告诉我你睡了伊莲 |
[07:57] | …and then say you’re not in the mood for details. | 然后竟然告诉我没心情讲 |
[08:01] | Now, you listen to me. | 你给我听仔细了 |
[08:03] | I want details, and I want them right now. | 具体点给我讲!现在就讲! |
[08:06] | I don’t have a job, I have no place to go. | 我没有工作 我没地方可去 |
[08:08] | You’re not in the mood? Well, you get in the mood! | 你没心情? 那你最好快点给我找找你那心情! |
[08:13] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:16] | We were in my apartment, watching TV. | 当时我们俩在我的公寓里看电视 |
[08:18] | – Where you sitting? – On the couch. | – 你们坐在什么上? – 沙发 |
[08:20] | – Next to each other? – Separate. | – 互相靠着吗 – 没有,隔着远远的呢 |
[08:21] | – Time? – Around 1 1. | – 大概几点 – 11点左右 |
[08:23] | Okay, go ahead. | 继续讲 |
[08:25] | So she’s flipping around the TV… | 然后她在不停换台 |
[08:28] | …and she gets to the naked station. | 然后就找到裸体频道 |
[08:31] | See, that’s why I don’t have cable, because of that naked station. | 这就是我不装有线电视的原因 因为有这种裸体频道 |
[08:34] | If I had that in my house, I would never turn it off. | 如果我能收到这个频道 我这电视估计永远都不会关了 |
[08:38] | I wouldn’t sleep. I wouldn’t eat. | 觉也不睡了 饭也不吃了 |
[08:39] | Eventually, firemen would break through the door. | 最后,消防队员破门而入 |
[08:42] | They’d find me in my pyjamas with drool coming down my face. | 发现我穿着睡衣留着哈喇子 |
[08:45] | All right, so you’re watching the naked station. | 那么你们当时正在看裸体频道 |
[08:48] | And then… | 然后 |
[08:50] | …somehow we started talking about, “What if we had sex?” | 不知怎地我们开始讨论 “假如我们做爱” |
[08:55] | Boy, these are really bad details. | 这些细节我没兴趣 |
[08:58] | It pains me to say this, but I may be getting too mature for details. | 我也不想说这些 但是要说具体细节是不是太成熟了点 |
[09:01] | I hate to hear this. | 我讨厌别人这么说 |
[09:03] | Any kind of growth really irritates me. | 我最烦别人说成熟 |
[09:07] | – I’ll tell you, it was really passionate. – Better than before? | – 听我说,那真是太爽了 – 比以前还爽? |
[09:10] | She must have taken some kind of seminar or something. | 她可能专门研究过了吧 |
[09:15] | This is all too much. So, what are you feeling? | 太夸张了 你当时什么感觉? |
[09:18] | What’s going on? Are you, like, a couple again now? | 接下来还有什么 你们现在又成一对了? |
[09:20] | – Not exactly. – ” Not exactly.” What does that mean? | – 不完全是这样 – “不完全是这样”,这是什么话? |
[09:23] | Well, we’ve tried to arrange a situation… | 我们试着去创造一种环境 |
[09:27] | …where we’ll be able to do this once in a while… | 我们既可以偶尔做爱 |
[09:30] | …and still be friends. | 又可以当朋友 |
[09:39] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:42] | Where are you living? | 你住哪 |
[09:44] | Are you here? Are you on this planet? | 你住这吗 你住地球上吗 |
[09:47] | It’s impossible. It can’t be done. | 这不可能 不肯能做到 |
[09:50] | Thousands of years, people have tried to have their cake and eat it too. | 数千年来 人们就一直试图兼得鱼和熊掌 |
[09:53] | So all of a sudden, the two of you are gonna come along and do it. | 突然间你们俩一凑 就开始办那事 |
[09:57] | Where do you get the ego? | 你有没有自知之明啊 |
[10:00] | No one can do it. It can’t be done. | 不可能的,想都别想 |
[10:02] | I think we’ve worked out a system. | 我觉得我们已经定好了玩法 |
[10:05] | You know what you’re like? You’re like a pathetic gambler. | 你知道你现在什么样吗? 你就跟个可怜的赌徒一样 |
[10:08] | One of these losers in Las Vegas who keeps thinking… | 就像拉斯维加斯那些以为自己… |
[10:10] | …he’s gonna come up with a way to win at blackjack. | 能想出什么招 好赢得二十一点的输家似的 |
[10:13] | No, this is very advanced. We’ve designed a set of rules. | 不,我们的玩法可不一般 我们是有规矩的 |
[10:17] | That we can maintain the friendship by avoiding all the relationship pitfalls. | 那些会破坏关系的事我们一概不做 以此保住我们的友情 |
[10:22] | All right, all right. Tell me the rules. | 好吧,你给我说说规矩 |
[10:24] | Okay. | 听着 |
[10:26] | No calls the next day. | 做完的第二天不准打电话 |
[10:30] | So you have the sex, next day, you don’t have to call. | 那么你们做完爱 第二天不用打电话 |
[10:34] | That’s pretty good. | 很好 |
[10:39] | – Go ahead. – You ready for the second one? | – 继续 – 你要听下一个吗 |
[10:41] | I have to tell you, I’m very impressed with the first one. | 我不得不说,第一条很让我吃惊 |
[10:45] | Spending the night: | 可以选择 |
[10:47] | Optional. | 是否在一起过夜 |
[10:49] | No. No. You see? You got greedy. | 不,不,看到了没?你太贪了 |
[10:52] | No, that’s the rule. It’s optional. | 不,这是规矩,自愿的 |
[10:54] | I know less about women… | 我承认对女人的了解 |
[10:58] | …than anyone in the world. | 比起世上任何一个人都少 |
[10:59] | But the one thing I do know is, they’re not happy if you don’t spend the night. | 但是据我所知 如果你们不过夜她们会很不爽 |
[11:04] | It could be a hot, sweaty room with no air conditioning… | 一定是间非常的闷热的房间 没有空调 |
[11:09] | …and all they have is a little Army cot this wide. | 屋里只有一张小军床 这么厚 |
[11:12] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪也别想去 |
[11:14] | – I think you’re wrong. – I hope I am. | – 我觉得你错了 – 我也希望如此 |
[11:20] | – Is this yours or the roommate’s? – Roommate’s. | – 这是你的还是你室友的? – 我室友的 |
[11:22] | – Would she mind? – She keeps track of everything. | – 我吃了她不会介意吧? – 她对自己的东西可有数了 |
[11:25] | Well, that’s too bad, because I’m taking it. | 那太不幸了,因为我要吃了 |
[11:28] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:30] | Well… | 那么… |
[11:32] | …guess I’ll get going. | 我好像得走了 |
[11:36] | I got that root canal tomorrow morning. It’ll be easy if I go home. | 我明早还得做手术呢 回家里待着可能更好点 |
[11:39] | Fine. Go ahead. | 嗯,那就走啊 |
[11:40] | I don’t understand. Is there a problem? | 我搞不懂,有问题吗? |
[11:44] | I’m getting the impression there’s a problem. | 我感觉一定有问题 |
[11:48] | – Just go. – I’m having surgery tomorrow. | – 走就是了 – 明天我要动手术好不好 |
[11:50] | – Surgery! You’re going to the dentist! – You said it could be very serious. | – 动手术!不过是去看牙医 – 你说过这可不是什么小事…… |
[11:54] | Okay. So fine, go. | 对啊,我说了,那你倒是走啊 |
[11:56] | What happened to the rules? Remember? | 咱们的规矩呢?忘了? |
[11:58] | Sleeping over was optional. | 可以选择是否一起过夜 |
[11:59] | – It’s my house, it’s my option! – It has nothing to do with that! | – 这是我家,决定权在我 – 这跟谁家有什么关系 |
[12:02] | – Of course it does. – Hi. | 当然有关系 |
[12:05] | – Hi. | – HI. |
[12:07] | – Hi, Jerry. – Hi. | – 你好啊,杰瑞 你好 |
[12:09] | Such a great improv class tonight. | 今晚的即兴表演课太充实了 |
[12:11] | Really? | 真的? |
[12:13] | I had this improv… | 我的即兴表演是…、 |
[12:15] | …where I pretended… | …我演的是… |
[12:16] | …I was working in one of those booths in an amusement park… | …我是游乐园的某售货亭 的一个服务人员 |
[12:19] | …where you shoot water in the clown’s mouth and blow up the balloon. | 游乐园里可以吹气球 还可以向小丑的嘴里打水枪 |
[12:23] | Tina, could you excuse us for just one second? | 蒂娜,能不能给我们俩点时间 |
[12:28] | Yeah. | 行 |
[12:29] | I’ll excuse you. | 那我给你 |
[12:37] | – What are you doing? – I can’t go if you’re mad. | – 你这是干什么 – 我不能走了,你生气了 |
[12:39] | I’m not mad. | 我没有生气 |
[12:41] | You seem a little mad. | 你看起来有点生气的样子 |
[12:43] | No, Jerry, I’m fine. Really, it’s okay. | 没有,杰瑞,绝对没有 |
[12:46] | So you’re okay with everything? | 真没事? |
[12:48] | Definitely. | 真没事 |
[12:50] | Are you? | 那你呢? |
[12:52] | Definitely. | 我更没事了 |
[12:55] | Well… | 那么… |
[12:57] | …good night. – Good ni… | – …晚安 – 晚 … |
[12:59] | – What are you doing? – What? | – 你想干什么? – 什么? |
[13:01] | The rules. | 别忘了规矩 |
[13:03] | Hey, who took my cake? | 嘿,谁把我的蛋糕吃了? |
[13:12] | What about jewellery? That’s a nice birthday gift. | 你说送珠宝怎么样 多好的生日礼物 |
[13:14] | Oh, no, I have to be very careful here. | 哦,不,我可得仔细想想 |
[13:17] | I don’t want to send the wrong message. Not after the other night. | 我可不想她因为这礼物胡思乱想 尤其那天之后 |
[13:21] | – Maybe I’ll get her some jewellery. – No. | – 那我送好珠宝了 – 不行 |
[13:23] | You can’t get her anything better than me. | 你送的东西不能比我的好 |
[13:25] | Whatever I spend, you have to spend half. | 你不能超过我的价钱的一半 |
[13:28] | What am I supposed to get, a bazooka? | 那你让我送什么啊? 火箭炮泡泡糖? |
[13:29] | You don’t understand. I’m in a very delicate position. | 你不明白 我们俩现在的关系非常微妙 |
[13:33] | Whatever I give her, she’ll be bringing in experts from all over the country… | 无乱我送她什么 她都会找全国的专家帮她分析… |
[13:37] | …to interpret the meaning behind it. | 看看我的礼物到底代表什么 |
[13:41] | What does she need? Maybe there’s something that she needs. | 那她需要什么东西 也许她有需要的东西呢 |
[13:44] | I think I heard her say something about a bench. | 我记得她说过想要 好像是种长椅子 |
[13:48] | A bench? | 长椅子? |
[13:50] | – What kind of a bench? – I don’t know. | – 什么样的? – 不太清楚 |
[13:52] | – She mentioned a bench. – What, like at a bus stop? | – 她只是那么提了一嘴 – 像车站那种? |
[13:57] | – I don’t know. – Like a park bench? | – 不知道 – 像公园的那种? |
[13:59] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[14:01] | – Who puts a bench in the house? – Forget the bench! | – 谁会在家里放那种椅子 – 这个还是算了吧 |
[14:05] | I got it. You want something nice? What about a music box? | 有了,想送好东西? 音乐盒如何? |
[14:08] | No, too relationship-y. | 不行,这东西太情侣了 |
[14:11] | I mean, she opens it up, she hears that ” Lara’s Theme,” I’m dead. | 我是说,她一打开 然后就听到拉拉主题曲,我死定了 |
[14:18] | Okay, what about a nice frame… | 那精美相框如何… |
[14:20] | …with a picture of another guy in it? | …还带一张男人的照片 |
[14:23] | The frame says, ” I care for you, but if you want to get serious… | 相框说:“我在乎你 但如果你认真的” |
[14:26] | …perhaps you’d be interested in someone like this.” | “我觉得你会更喜欢这种男人” |
[14:29] | Nice-looking fellow. | 这家伙长得不错 |
[14:31] | – What about candleholders? – Too romantic. | – 烛台怎么样? – 过于浪漫了 |
[14:33] | – Lingerie? – Too sexual. | – 女式内衣呢? – 太那个了 |
[14:36] | – Waffle maker? – Too domestic. | – 松饼机? – 家庭生活味太浓了 |
[14:39] | Bust of Nelson Rockefeller? | 尼尔森・洛克菲勒半身像? |
[14:42] | Too gubernatorial. | 政治味太浓了 |
[14:46] | Let’s work on the card. | 还是看看卡片怎么写吧 |
[14:48] | I had to buy a gift for someone. | 我得送别人个礼物 |
[14:50] | The hardest part is that card. The card is a killer. | 最难的是不知道卡片怎么写 可把我愁死了 |
[14:53] | I never know what it’s supposed to say. | 我不知道该怎么写 |
[14:55] | And it’s getting so tough, because the relationships are so complicated… | 这个问题非常棘手 由于人们的关系是如此的复杂 |
[14:58] | …greeting-card companies now put out cards that are blank… | 以至于这些贺卡公司 他们生产的贺卡 |
[15:02] | …on the inside. Nothing. | 打开后里面全是空白 |
[15:04] | No message. It’s like the card company says: | 啥都没写 好像公司说 |
[15:06] | “We give up. You think of something.” | “我们没招了,你自己想吧” |
[15:08] | You know? ” For 7 5 cents, I don’t want to get involved.” | 知道吗? “75美分,我才懒得管那么多” |
[15:14] | – Maybe you won’t like it. – How could I not like it? | – 你可能会不喜欢 – 怎么会不喜欢呢 |
[15:17] | – Of course I’ll like it. – You could not like it. | – 我肯定喜欢的 – 你不会喜欢 |
[15:19] | Just the fact that you remembered means everything. | 你能记得送我礼物 光这就足够了 |
[15:22] | Of course I remembered. | 我当然记得 |
[15:24] | You reminded me every day for two months. | 你这俩月天天提醒着我 |
[15:27] | Oh, the card. | 对了,贺卡 |
[15:44] | – Cash? – What do you think? | – 钞票? – 你觉得怎么样? |
[15:48] | You got me cash? | 你送我钞票? |
[15:50] | This way, I figure you could go out and get yourself whatever you want. | 我觉得送你钞票 你想要什么就买点什么 |
[15:53] | No good? | 不好吗? |
[15:55] | Who are you, my uncle? | 你是谁啊,我叔叔吗? |
[15:56] | Hey. Come on, it’s $1 82 there. I don’t think that’s anything to sneeze at. | 拜托,这可有182元呢 我觉得不少了 |
[16:04] | Let me see the card. | 那看看贺卡吧 |
[16:12] | “To a wonderful girl, a great pal… | 送给我的非凡的女孩 |
[16:17] | …and more.” | 最好的好哥们 |
[16:21] | Hey. | |
[16:23] | Elaine, I’m glad you’re here. Stay right here. I’m gonna be right back. Stay. | 伊莲,你在这可太好了 别走,我去去就来,别走哦 |
[16:29] | ” Pal”? You think I’m your pal? | “哥们”?你觉得我是你的哥们? |
[16:32] | I said, “and more.” | 我说了,“最好的…” |
[16:38] | I am not your pal. | 我可不是你的哥们 |
[16:39] | What’s wrong with pal? Why is everybody so down on pal? | 说哥们怎么了? 怎么人们对“哥们”有偏见? |
[16:43] | – Hey. – Oh, what is this? | – 我来了 – 哇,这是什么啊? |
[16:46] | – You got me something? – Yeah. Yeah, open it. | – 你给我买礼物了? – 是啊,快打开看看 |
[16:50] | Kramer! | 克莱默! |
[16:53] | The bench! You got me the bench that I wanted! | 椅子,你送给我我最想要的椅子! |
[17:01] | – That’s pretty good, huh? – Great. | – 不错吧? – 非常好 |
[17:03] | You remember when she mentioned it? I made a mental note of it. | 还记得那次她说的时候嘛 咱们就站在这,我记下来了 |
[17:06] | Well, goody for you. | 真有你的 |
[17:08] | Yeah. See, I’m very sensitive about that. | 我对这个非常敏感的 |
[17:11] | I mean, someone’s birthday comes up, I keep my ears open. | 我是说 谁要过生日我都打听着呢 |
[17:15] | So, what did you get her? | 那么,你送了什么啊? |
[17:18] | 1 82 bucks. | 182美元 |
[17:21] | Cash? | 钞票? |
[17:23] | You’ve gotta be kidding. What kind of gift is that? | 你真会开玩笑 这算什么礼物 |
[17:26] | That’s like something her uncle would give her. | 感觉只有叔叔才送这个 |
[17:30] | “Think where man’s glory most begins and ends… | “能有你这么一位好朋友” |
[17:34] | …and say my glory was I had such a friend.” | “是我这辈子最大的荣耀” |
[17:40] | Yeats. | 一点不假 |
[17:43] | Oh, Kramer. | 天啊,克莱默 |
[17:49] | Could you excuse us, please? | 能不能先闪闪呢? |
[17:52] | What? | 什么? |
[17:53] | We’re talking. | 我们刚刚还没说完呢 |
[17:54] | Oh, the relationship. | 想起来了,你们的关系 |
[18:06] | You know, we never had one fight before this deal. | 你看,在此之前 咱俩没闹过大争执吧? |
[18:09] | – I know. – Never. | – 我知道 – 从来就没有 |
[18:10] | – Ever. – We got along beautifully. | – 从来没有 – 我们相处的非常好 |
[18:12] | – Like clams. – It was wonderful. | – 就跟蚌的两片壳似的 – 多美好啊 |
[18:14] | A pleasure. | 相当快乐 |
[18:16] | So I think we should forget the whole deal and go back to being friends. | 那就把发生的一切都抛开 重新做朋友了 |
[18:23] | I can’t do it. | 我办不到 |
[18:26] | You what? | 你什么? |
[18:28] | I can’t do that. | 我办不到 |
[18:32] | You mean, it’s: | 你的意思是: |
[18:35] | No this? | 这样不行? |
[18:38] | No that. | 那个不行? |
[18:43] | No this or that. | 到底是哪个? |
[18:45] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[18:49] | What do you want? | 你到底想怎么样? |
[18:51] | This, that and the other. | 这个,那个,还有剩下的 |
[18:54] | Oh, sure. Of course. You’re entitled. | 当然,是的,你有资格嘛 |
[18:56] | Who doesn’t want this, that and the other? | 谁不想要这个,那个还有剩下的呢 |
[18:59] | You. | 你 |
[19:02] | Well… | 那… |
[19:06] | Those birthdays. | 过生日 |
[19:08] | I told you, they’re relationship killers. | 跟你说吧,就是感情杀手 |
[19:11] | If a relationship’s having any problems whatsoever, a birthday brings it out. | 两个人之间不管什么问题 一过生日,全都冒出来了 |
[19:15] | I never should have made up those rules. | 我压根就不该定那些规矩 |
[19:18] | What is it about sex that just disrupts everything? | 怎么一牵扯性爱就不能有别的了 |
[19:21] | Is it the touching? Is it the nudity? | 是因为太亲密,还是因为太露骨 |
[19:24] | It can’t be the nudity. | 绝对不是露骨 |
[19:26] | I never got into these terrible fights and misunderstandings… | 我在体育课前换衣服的时候 |
[19:28] | …when I was changing before gym class. | …从来就没有过如此严重的 争执和误解 |
[19:32] | This means I can’t see her anymore either. | 也就是说我也不能见她了 |
[19:35] | – Why? – It’s breakup by association. | – 为什么? – 因为你的关系 |
[19:40] | Besides, she’s mad at me anyway because of my birthday present. | 另外 我送的礼物也把她气得够呛 |
[19:44] | Why? What did you wind up giving her? | 为什么啊? 你送什么了? |
[19:47] | Ninety-one dollars. | 91美元 |
[19:52] | Sorry about that. | 都怪我 |
[19:55] | So, what are you gonna do? | 下一步打算怎么办? |
[19:58] | If I call her, there’s no joking around anymore. This is pretty much it. | 我要是再给她打电话 也不能嬉皮笑脸了,基本就这样了 |
[20:02] | So maybe this should be it. | 也许就应该这样 |
[20:04] | – Could be it. – She seems like an it. | – 也许会这样 – 这貌似就是她想要的 |
[20:07] | She’s as it as you get. | 她就是这个样子 |
[20:09] | Imagine bumping into her on the street in five years with a husband. | 想象一下五年后在大街上相遇 人家旁边挎一老公 |
[20:13] | And she tells me that he’s a sculptor. They live in Vermont. | 人家告诉我老公是个雕刻家 两口子住在佛蒙特州 |
[20:17] | We’d have to kill him. | 咱还不得把那男的给砍了 |
[20:19] | We’d get caught. I’d get the chair. | 然后咱俩就进监狱了 我就坐电椅 |
[20:21] | I’d go to prison as your accomplice. | 我作为同谋也得陪你进监狱 |
[20:24] | Have to wear that really heavy denim. | 还得穿那身粗布囚服 |
[20:28] | The cafeteria, with the guy who slops the mashed potatoes onto your plate. | 在餐厅 别人把土豆泥撒到你的盘子上 |
[20:33] | Go to the bathroom in front of hundreds of people. | 在百八十号人的注目下上厕所 |
[20:36] | Plus… | 此外… |
[20:37] | …you know what else. | …知道还有什么吗 |
[20:40] | You better call her. | 你最好给她打个电话 |
[20:44] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[20:46] | – You got the paper yet? – Yeah. | – 报纸来了吗? – 来了 |
[20:47] | Well, where is it? | 你放哪了? |
[20:51] | – Hey, you done with that? – No. | – 你看完了没? – 还没呢 |
[20:53] | Well, you’re not reading it now. | 你现在又不看 |
[20:56] | All right, you can take it, but I want it back. | 可以给你,但别忘了送回来 |
[20:58] | Yeah, yeah. | 没问题,没问题 |
[21:02] | So… | 那么… |
[21:04] | …what are you guys gonna do today? | …今天你们俩有什么节目啊? |
[21:07] | This and… | 这个还有… |
[21:09] | …that. | …那个 |
[21:11] | And the other. | 还有其他 |
[21:14] | Boy, I really liked the two of you much better when you weren’t a couple. | 我还是喜欢原来不是情侣的你们 |
[21:28] | Why is commitment such a big problem for a man? | 为什么忠诚对男人 来说是个大问题 |
[21:32] | I think that for some reason… | 我觉得由于某些原因… |
[21:34] | …when a man is driving down that freeway of life… | …当男人们驾车行驶 在自由之路上时… |
[21:38] | …the woman he’s involved with is like an exit. | …女人的出现便是自由之路的出口 |
[21:40] | But he doesn’t want to get out. He wants to keep driving. | 但男人可不想结束 他们还想继续自由行驶 |
[21:43] | The woman is like, ” Look. Gas, food, lodging. That’s our exit. | 女人就像,“汽油,食物,旅馆 那就是我们的生活” |
[21:47] | That’s everything we need to be happy. | “幸福生活仅此而已” |
[21:49] | Get out, here, now!” | “出去,就到这,快点” |
[21:52] | But the man focuses on the sign underneath… | 但是男人却只注视着里程碑 |
[21:54] | …that says, ” Next exit, 27 miles.” And he thinks, ” I can make it.” | 上面写着,“下个出口,27英里” 然后他想,“我能做到” 全民同心,共度难关! “协议” |