时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | There’s always one location in your neighbourhood, one store… | 通常在你家附近总会有 这么一个店… |
[00:06] | …that’s constantly changing hands. | 不停的被人倒手 |
[00:08] | Everybody has this in their neighbourhood. It’s a leather store… | 每个人家附近都会有 先是个皮具店… |
[00:11] | …then it’s a yoghurt shop, it’s a pet supply. | 然后开始卖酸奶 又开始卖狗粮 |
[00:13] | It’s constantly changing. Nobody can do business there. | 不停的在变 似乎没人能在那里做长生意 |
[00:16] | It’s like some sort of Bermuda Triangle of retail. | 就像是零售业的百慕大三角区 |
[00:18] | Stores open up and then they just disappear without a trace. | 一个接一个的商店开张然后销声匿迹 |
[00:23] | Nobody knows what happened. | 没人知道发生了什么 |
[00:24] | Eventually, when aliens land and the mothership from Close Encounters… | 我猜就像是《第三类接触》里 当外星人来到地球 母舰… |
[00:28] | The bottom will slowly open and all these store owners will wander out… | 底座慢慢放下 所有的小店老板摇摇晃晃的走出来… |
[00:32] | …in a daze, going, ” I thought there was gonna be more walk-in traffic.” | 一脸茫然 嘟囔着: “我还以为客流量应该更大一些” |
[00:39] | She thinks I’m nice. | 她觉得我人很好 女人们都觉得我很好 |
[00:42] | -Women don’t want nice. -Amazing. | – 但男人不坏女人不爱 – 真神奇 |
[00:44] | I haven’t seen one person go in that restaurant since it opened. | 从那家店开业到现在 我就没见一个人进去过 |
[00:47] | -Poor guy. -Why is nice bad? | – 可怜的家伙 – 为什么好人不好? |
[00:50] | What kind of a sick society are we living in when nice is bad? | 当好人不吃香时 我们是生活在多么畸形的社会里啊? |
[00:53] | What’s that smell? What are you wearing? | 什么味儿?你喷了什么? |
[00:55] | What? A little cologne. | 啊?就是一点古龙水 |
[00:57] | Manly. | 男人啊 |
[00:58] | -Monica wants me to wear it. -Why didn’t you say no? | – 莫妮卡让我喷的 – 你为什么不拒绝? |
[01:01] | I’m too nice. | 我人太好了 |
[01:02] | Look at this poor guy. His family’s probably back in Pakistan waiting… | 看看这个可怜的家伙 他的家人也许在遥远的巴基斯坦… |
[01:05] | …for him to send back money. | 等着他寄生活费 |
[01:07] | This is horrible. | 真可怕 |
[01:09] | She wants me to take an IQ test. | 她想让我测智商 |
[01:10] | It’s because you’re stupid enough to wear the cologne. | 因为你竟然会愚蠢到喷古龙水 |
[01:13] | No. She’s taking this course in education for her master’s. | 没有 她研究生阶段选了这门课 |
[01:17] | It’s part of her research project, so I have to be a guinea pig. | 是她研究课题的一部分 所以我必须充当小白鼠 |
[01:20] | I’ve never been a guinea pig. Been a sheep, been a toady… | 我还从来没做过小白鼠 做过羊 当过马屁精… |
[01:24] | I can’t talk to you anymore. | 我对你真是无语 |
[01:25] | All right, I’m sorry. Go ahead. You’re taking the IQ test. | 好吧 抱歉 继续 继续说你的智力测试 |
[01:28] | She’s gonna find out I’m a moron. | 那样她会发现我很低能的 |
[01:30] | People think I’m smart, but I’m not smart. | 人们认为我很聪明 但其实我并不聪明 |
[01:33] | Who thinks you’re smart? | 谁认为聪明? |
[01:35] | I won’t break 100 on this thing. | 那东西我绝不会超过100的 |
[01:36] | -What thing? -You don’t listen anymore. | – 什么东西? – 你根本没听我说 |
[01:39] | Oh, the IQ thing. Yeah. | 哦 智商测验 是的 |
[01:42] | I’m sure I have a low IQ. | 我肯定我是低智商 |
[01:44] | I’ve been lying about my SAT scores for 15 years. | 15年了我一直在为我的SAT分数撒谎 (SAT美国高考) |
[01:46] | -What did you get? -What did I get, or what do I say I got? | – 你多少分? – 我得多少分 还是我说我得多少分? |
[01:49] | -What do you say? -I say 1409. | – 你说多少? |
[01:52] | -1409, that’s a good score. -You’re telling me. | – 1409 很不错啊 – 还用你说 |
[01:54] | What did you really get? | 那你考了多少分? |
[01:56] | -You’re my friend. -Of course. | – 你是我朋友对吧 – 当然 |
[01:57] | -I tell you everything, right? -I hope so. | – 我们无话不谈 对吧? – 希望如此 |
[01:59] | Well, this I take to the grave. | 但这个我要带到坟墓里去 |
[02:02] | He’s serving Mexican, Italian, Chinese. | 他做墨西哥菜 做意大利菜 还做中国菜 |
[02:05] | He’s all over the place. That’s why no one’s going in. | 各国的菜都有 所以才没人进去吃饭 |
[02:08] | Why do you keep watching? | 你干吗一直看他啊? |
[02:10] | I don’t know. I’m obsessed with it. | 我不知道 我有点强迫症了 |
[02:13] | It’s like a spider in the toilet, struggling for survival. | 就像是马桶里努力求生的蜘蛛 |
[02:18] | And even though you know he’s not gonna make it… | 尽管你知道他不可能做到… |
[02:19] | …you root for him for a second. | 但还是忍不住为他加油 |
[02:21] | Then you flush. | 然后你冲马桶 |
[02:24] | Well, it’s a spider. | 呃 那是蜘蛛 |
[02:28] | Sometimes people won’t go in a place… | 人们通常不喜欢… |
[02:29] | …if they don’t see anyone else in there. | 进那种没人吃饭的饭店 |
[02:32] | Do you have to do that? Jerry, don’t do that. That is so annoying. | 你非得这么做吗?杰瑞 别 很让人讨厌 |
[02:37] | Bazooka Joe. | 火箭炮乔(英国朋克乐团) |
[02:46] | -The buzzer? -It’s your house. | – 门铃? – 这是你家 |
[02:49] | My house. You gotta be on the lease to press the buzzer. | 我家 你只有收租金时才会去按门铃 |
[02:53] | -Yeah? -It’s George. | – 谁? – 乔治 |
[02:55] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[02:56] | -Casus belli. -What’s that? | – 开战的理由 – 什么? |
[02:59] | It’s Latin. I read it in some book. I just wanted to say it out loud. | 拉丁语 我在书上看到的 就只是想大声说出来 |
[03:03] | Come on, go in. | 快进去啊 |
[03:05] | Go in. | 进啊 |
[03:07] | -Have you gone in there? -No. I’m afraid we’ll start talking… | – 你怎么不进去? – 我是怕我会和他攀谈起来… |
[03:10] | …and I’ll wind up going partners with him. | 然后结局是我成为他的合伙人 |
[03:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:21] | I could probably shoot him from here. I’d be doing us both a favour. | 如果我从这里给他一枪 我们两个就都彻底解脱了 |
[03:27] | I’m wearing some cologne, all right? | 我喷了古龙水 满意了? |
[03:31] | Sure. Fine. | 是吗 很好啊 |
[03:33] | Casus belli. | 开战的理由 |
[03:36] | Casus belli. | 开战的理由 |
[03:39] | -What’s that? -Since when do you wear cologne? | – 什么意思? – 你什么时候开始喷香水了? |
[03:42] | Why is what I do so important? | 干嘛那么关注我一举一动? |
[03:43] | Why must I always be the focal point of attention? | 我为什么总是被关注的焦点? |
[03:46] | Let me just be. Let me live. | 放过我 让我安静的活 |
[03:50] | -How’d you do on that IQ test? -I didn’t take it yet. | – 你智商测验的怎么样了? – 还没测 |
[03:53] | -What IQ test? -What’s casus belli? | – 什么智商测验? – 什么是Casus belli? |
[03:55] | -Oh, it’s nothing. -Is it about me? | – 没什么 – 跟我有关吗? |
[03:58] | Why must you always be the focal point of attention? | 为什么你一定是被关注的焦点? |
[04:00] | Why can’t you just be? Why can’t you live? | 为什么不能放过你? 为什么不能让你安静的活? |
[04:05] | It’s just a Latin phrase. It does not mean anything. Now, what is this test? | 就是个拉丁短语 乔治 没什么意思 现在说说你的测试 |
[04:09] | This woman he’s dating is making him take this IQ test for this course. | 他正在约会的那个女人要他做的 是她的一个研究生课题 |
[04:12] | -Oh, that sounds like fun. -Yeah, fun. | – 哦 很有趣 – 是啊 有趣 |
[04:15] | IQ tests are totally bogus. They prove nothing. | 智力测试纯粹是胡扯 什么也证明不了 |
[04:19] | -You’ll do well. You’re smart. -No, see, he’s not smart. | – 你肯定没问题 你那么聪明 – 不 你看 他可不聪明 |
[04:22] | People think he’s smart, but he’s not. | 人们觉得他聪明 其实不是 |
[04:25] | What did you get on your SATs? | 你SATs拿了多少分? |
[04:28] | It varies. | 很难说 |
[04:30] | -I don’t even know my IQ. -Mine’s 145. | – 我都不知道我智商多少 – 我145 |
[04:35] | -One forty-five! -Get out of here. | – 得了吧你 |
[04:38] | -You get out of here. | -You get out of here. – 你得了吧你 – 你得了吧你 |
[04:42] | Maybe you should take the test for me. | 也许你该替我来考 |
[04:44] | That would be something, cheating on an IQ test. | 那就了不起了 智力测验作弊 |
[04:47] | Remember in college when you passed Lettick the test… | 还记不记得大学的时候你从窗户 |
[04:50] | …out the window? | 把试卷递给莱特克? |
[04:51] | -You became a legend after that. -Yeah. | – 你成了当时的传奇人物 – 没错 |
[04:54] | Yeah, I really had some guts back then. | 我那个时候还是很有胆量的 |
[04:58] | -Why don’t we do it again? -What? | – 我们为什么不再来一次? – 什么? |
[05:01] | You could take the IQ test for me. | 你帮我做智力测验 |
[05:03] | I’ll pass it to you out of a window. She lives on the first floor. | 我从窗户递给你 她住一楼 |
[05:06] | -You serious? -Why not? | – 你说真的? – 为什么不呢? |
[05:07] | Where would I take the test? | 那我去哪儿做呢? |
[05:09] | She lives around the corner. Take it here or go to the coffee shop. | 她住在街角 就在那做或者去咖啡店 |
[05:12] | -No, too noisy. -Take it at the Dream Cafe. | – 不 太吵了 – 去梦幻餐厅吧 |
[05:15] | You won’t hear a peep. | 你连老鼠叫都听不见 |
[05:18] | -Hey, what do you think? -Hey, I love a good caper. | – 嘿 你觉得如何? – 嘿 我喜欢恶作剧 |
[05:22] | Yeah, that’s what it is, isn’t it? A caper. | 嘿 就应该这样 不是吗?恶作剧家 |
[05:27] | You’ll do it? | 你答应了? |
[05:29] | -What the hey. -Yeah! Beautiful! | – 当然 – 帅!太棒了! |
[05:32] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:39] | -Welcome to the Dream Cafe. -Well, I’ve been looking forward to it. | – 欢迎光临梦幻餐厅 – 哦 我很早就想来了 |
[05:44] | How did you hear about us? | 您是如何得知我们餐厅的呢? |
[05:46] | People. People are talking. | 人们… 人们都在谈论 |
[05:50] | Smoking or nonsmoking? We are proud to offer both. | 吸烟区还是非吸烟区? 我们都有 |
[05:53] | -Nonsmoking would be great. -Very good. | – 非吸烟区吧 – 好的 |
[05:56] | My name is Babu Bhatt. I will be your waiter. | 我叫巴布・巴哈特 您的服务生 |
[06:00] | A steaming hot, folded face cloth for your pleasure. | 热热的消毒面巾 |
[06:02] | -Thank you. -Our specials are tacos… | – 谢谢 – 小店特色有墨西哥煎玉米卷… |
[06:05] | …moussaka and franks and beans. | 希腊茄合还有加拿大弗兰克斯-豆汤 |
[06:09] | Well, what do you recommend, my good fellow? | 那你给我推荐一个吧? |
[06:12] | -The turkey. -Well, the turkey it’ll be. | – 火鸡 – 好 那就火鸡吧 |
[06:15] | May I say you have a splendid establishment here, my friend. | 我得说你的餐厅开在这里真的是很好 |
[06:17] | I’m sure you’ll flourish at this location for many, many years. | 你的生意肯定会长久兴隆的 |
[06:21] | You’re a very kind man. Very kind. Thank you. | 你真是好人 非常好的好人 谢谢 |
[06:23] | Very kind. | 好人 |
[06:26] | Very kind. I am a kind man. | 好人 我的确是好人 |
[06:29] | Who else would do something lik e this? Nobody. | 还有谁会这么做呢?没人 |
[06:32] | Nobody thinks about people the way I do. | 没人能像我那样洞察人们心理 |
[06:35] | Snap out of it, you stupid jerk. | 醒醒吧 蠢猪 |
[06:36] | You’re eating a turk ey sandwich. You want a Nobel Prize? | 你在吃火鸡三明治 你想要得诺贝尔奖吗? |
[06:39] | You go in the living room, I’ll take the test in here. | 你在外面等我 我在这里做 |
[06:42] | But why? | 为什么? |
[06:43] | I won’t be able to concentrate in front of you. | 你在我没法集中精神 |
[06:46] | I think you’re making too much of this. IQ tests don’t mean anything. | 我觉得你多想了 智力测验其实没什么的 |
[06:50] | Are you kidding me? | 怎么能? |
[06:52] | This is the best tool we have today of measuring a person’s intelligence. | 这是今时今日人们测量一个人 智力水平的最好方法 |
[06:56] | Well, I certainly don’t place any importance on it. | 我其实不觉得有什么 |
[06:59] | Well, I think you’re wrong about that. | 不 我觉得你错了 |
[07:02] | And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d really like to get started, please. | 现在 如果你不介意的话 我想可以开始了 谢谢 |
[07:07] | -Good luck. -Don’t need it. | – 祝你好运 – 我有充分自信 |
[07:12] | What’s going on? I’ve been here 20 minutes. | 你搞什么啊你 我在这等了20分钟 |
[07:15] | I’m sorry. Here’s the test. Thanks for doing this. | 不好意思 这是试卷 谢谢 谢谢 |
[07:17] | -What time do you want me back? -Twenty to 3. | – 我有多长时间? – 差20分钟3点的时候给我 |
[07:20] | -Okay. -Thanks again. | – 好 – 谢谢 谢谢 |
[07:21] | And don’t settle for 145. You can do better. You’re a genius. | 不要拘泥于145 你能做得更好 你是个天才 |
[07:31] | Thank you, Babu. | 谢谢你 巴布 |
[07:34] | You have quite a flair. You are quite the restaurateur, I must say. | 我必须说 你真是独具慧眼 天生就是当餐厅老板的料 |
[07:39] | -It is indeed my pleasure. -Oh, please. | – 实属我的荣幸 – 哦 没啥 |
[07:42] | Welcome to the Dream Cafe. | 欢迎来到梦幻餐厅 |
[07:46] | -Our specials today… -Oh, no, no. I’ll just have tea and toast. | – 我们今天的特色菜品有… – 哦 不 不 烤面包和茶就好了 |
[07:51] | -Tea and toast. -Eat something! Babu. | – 烤面包和茶 – 来点别的阿!巴布 |
[07:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:56] | Well, I’ll have the rigatoni. | 给我来个通心粉 |
[07:59] | Oh, very good choice. Very good. | 真有眼光 非常好 |
[08:04] | So you got the test. You’re cheating. | 哇 你还是答应做了 你这是作弊 |
[08:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:10] | -Hey. | -Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[08:14] | Oh, boy. | 哦 好家伙 |
[08:18] | Jerry, let me ask you something. | 杰瑞 我问你件事儿 |
[08:20] | -Hi, Elaine. -Hey. | – 嗨 伊莲 – 嘿 |
[08:22] | This guy leaves this jacket at my mother’s house two years ago. | 有个家伙两年前把这件夹克 留在了我妈妈家里 |
[08:26] | She hasn’t spoken to him since and now he says he wants the jacket back. | 从那之后 他们就没再说过话 现在那家伙居然想要回他的夹克 |
[08:31] | -So? -Well, I’m not giving it back. | – 然后? – 我当然不会还给他 |
[08:34] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[08:35] | Because I meet a lot of women in this jacket. They’re attracted to it. | 我穿这件夹克很有艳福的 很吸引女人 |
[08:39] | Why do you think my mother went out with him? | 要不然我妈怎么会和他约会? |
[08:44] | -You all right? -Yeah. Okay. | – 你说不是么? – 算了 |
[08:46] | What? | 什么? |
[08:53] | Anyway, it’s been two years. | 反正都两年了 |
[08:56] | I mean, isn’t there, like, a statue of limitations on that? | 我是说 已经过了“塑像”时效了吧? |
[08:59] | Statute. | 诉讼 |
[09:01] | -What? -Statute of limitations. | – 什么? – 诉讼时效 |
[09:03] | It’s not a statue. | 不是“塑像” |
[09:06] | No, it’s statue. | 不 是塑像 |
[09:08] | Fine. It’s a sculpture of limitations. | 好吧好吧 塑像时效 |
[09:11] | Wait a minute. Just wait a minute. Elaine. Elaine. | 等一下 等一下 伊莲 伊莲 |
[09:15] | Now, you’re smart. Is it “statue” or “statute” of limitations? | 你聪明人 你说 是“塑像”时效还是诉讼时效? |
[09:19] | -Statute. -Oh, I really think you’re wrong. | – 诉讼 – 哦 我觉得你真的错了 |
[09:24] | Kramer, I have to take this test. I don’t have a lot of time. | 克莱默 我现在要做测试题 我没时间了 |
[09:28] | What test? | 什么测试? |
[09:30] | -An IQ test. -Why are you taking an IQ test? | – 智力测验 – 你干嘛做这玩意儿? |
[09:34] | -It’s for George. -George? | – 帮乔治的忙 – 乔治? |
[09:37] | Look, can I explain it to you later? | 我过后再给你解释? |
[09:39] | But why are you taking an IQ test for George? | 不是 你干嘛要帮乔治做智力测验? |
[09:41] | Would you please?! | 拜托?! |
[09:42] | -Is it for a job or something? -Later! | – 是为了工作还是? – 等会儿! |
[09:48] | -You’re positive it’s statute? -Yes! Yes! | – 你肯定那是诉讼? – 是!是! |
[09:52] | Welcome, welcome. A steaming hot face cloth… | 欢迎 欢迎 热热的面巾… |
[10:06] | -George? -Yeah? | – 乔治? – 嗯? |
[10:09] | The door’s locked. | 门锁了 |
[10:11] | Oh, it’s locked? | 是吗 锁了? |
[10:13] | I need to get something. | 我要拿点东西 |
[10:16] | Monica, I’m really focused here. This stuff’s a killer. | 莫妮卡 我现在正在全神贯注 这玩意儿真难 |
[10:19] | -George! -Wish I could. | – 乔治! – 我也没办法 |
[10:31] | Babu! | 巴布! |
[10:33] | If you don’t mind… Okay. | – 能不能… – 不好意思 |
[10:35] | -I’ll get this. -Oh, my God! It’s all over the test! | – 我来弄 – 哦 上帝!全弄在试题上了! |
[10:39] | -I’m terribly sorry. -Oh, man! | – 真是太太抱歉了 – 哦 上帝! |
[10:43] | -I’m out of time, anyway. -Please forgive me. Please. | – 没时间了 不管了 – 请原谅我 一定 |
[10:46] | Go ahead. I’ll take care of it. | 去吧 我来弄 |
[10:48] | Please, I’m very sorry. | 真的 我非常抱歉 |
[10:51] | Tell your friends. | 告诉你的朋友们 |
[11:02] | It’s all right. She was cheating anyway. | 算了 反正她也是在作弊 |
[11:06] | You’re a very kind man. | 你真是个好人 |
[11:08] | Babu… | 巴布… |
[11:10] | -You’re Pakistani, right? -Yes, Pakistani. Yes. | – 你是巴基斯坦人 对吧? – 是的 巴基斯坦人 是的 |
[11:15] | Babu, may I say something? | 巴布 我能说两句吗? |
[11:18] | Of course. You’re very smart man. I listen. | 当然 你非常聪明 我很乐意听 |
[11:20] | I am not a restaurateur by any means, but it occurred to me that perhaps… | 虽然我不是干这行的 但是我觉得… |
[11:24] | …you might serve some dishes from your native Pakistan… | 你应该主推你们家乡菜… |
[11:27] | …as opposed to, say, the franks and beans, for example. | 而不是什么弗兰克斯-豆汤 |
[11:31] | -There are no Pakistani people here. -It doesn’t matter. | – 可是这附近没有住着巴基斯坦人啊 – 这没关系 |
[11:34] | You would have the only authentic Pakistani restaurant… | 这样你才是这一带… |
[11:37] | …in the whole neighbourhood. | 唯一正宗的巴基斯坦餐厅 |
[11:39] | Yes. | 太对了 |
[11:41] | You see everything, don’t you? | 你太有眼光了 不是吗? |
[11:45] | Well, you know, not everything. I do what I can. | 嗯 也不全都是 我尽我所能 |
[11:50] | I close down today. And when I open again, it will be a Pakistani restaurant. | 从今天起我关门 等下次开业的时候 将是纯血统的巴基斯坦餐厅 |
[11:55] | Thank you. Thank you so much. You’re a very special person. | 谢谢 太谢谢你了 你真是我的贵人 |
[11:59] | Very special. | 太特别了 |
[12:02] | I am such a great guy. | 我怎么这么厉害 |
[12:04] | Who else would’ve gone to the trouble to help this immigrant? | 不然谁会趟这个浑水来帮这个移民呢? |
[12:07] | I am special. My mother was right. | 我很特别 我妈妈是对的 |
[12:11] | Of course, I’ve never had Pakistani food. How bad could it be? | 当然 我还从没吃过巴基斯坦菜 能难吃到什么地步呢? |
[12:20] | -It was an accident. -What, did you go on a picnic? | – 纯属意外 – 什么 你去野餐了? |
[12:24] | Babu Bhatt did it. | 巴布・巴哈特干的好事 |
[12:28] | Babu Bhatt? | 巴布・巴哈特? |
[12:31] | -How am I going to explain this? -Time’s up, George. | – 这让我怎么解释啊? – 时间到了 乔治 |
[12:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:44] | -Here you go. -How did you do? | – 给 – 感觉如何? |
[12:45] | -Piece of cake. -What happened to the test? | – 小菜一碟 – 试题怎么弄成这样? |
[12:48] | What? Oh, I spilled some food on it. | 什么?哦 我不小心把吃的东西撒上面了 |
[12:53] | Food? What food? | 吃的?什么吃的? |
[12:55] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[12:57] | Where did you get food? | 你从哪儿来的吃的东西? |
[12:59] | -From my pocket. -Your pocket? | – 我口袋里 – 你口袋? |
[13:03] | I had a sandwich in my pocket. | 我口袋里装着一个三明治 |
[13:06] | -And coffee? -Yeah. Had some coffee, yeah. | – 还有咖啡? – 是的 还有咖啡 是的 |
[13:11] | -Where did you get the coffee? -Where did I get the coffee? | – 你从哪儿弄来的咖啡? – 我从哪儿弄得咖啡? |
[13:14] | Where do you think I got the coffee? At the grocery store. | 我还能从哪儿?杂货铺 |
[13:17] | -How did you get there? -I walked. | – 你怎么去的? – 步行 |
[13:20] | How did you get out? I didn’t see you leave. | 你怎么出去的? 我没看你离开房间啊 |
[13:23] | -I climbed out the window. -You climbed out the window? | – 我爬窗户出去的 – 你爬窗户? |
[13:26] | -Of course. -Why didn’t you go out the door? | – 当然 – 为什么不走门呢? |
[13:29] | The door? | 门? |
[13:33] | Why would I go out the door? The window’s right here. | 窗户就在这里 我干嘛要走门 |
[13:39] | You’re a fascinating man, George Costanza. | 你还真是迷人啊 乔治・克斯坦萨 |
[13:45] | The average person sees a situation like this… | 普通人哪能看出其中玄机… |
[13:48] | …they walk right by it. | 他们只是旁若无人的走过 |
[13:50] | -Not me. -You’re very special. | – 但我不是 – 你很特别 |
[13:55] | Hey, do me a favour. | 嘿 帮我个忙 |
[13:57] | Some guy comes looking for me, tell him you don’t know where I am. | 有人来找我 你就和他说你不知道我去哪儿了 |
[14:00] | Of course. I always do. | 当然 我从来都是这么做的 |
[14:02] | No, no, it’s that guy. He’s really been bugging me about the jacket. | 不 不 是那个家伙 来要回他夹克的那个家伙 |
[14:06] | -Just give it back to him. -He’ll have to kill me. | – 还给人家就是了 – 那他得先杀了我 |
[14:14] | -Hey, Georgie! -I’m coming up. | – 嘿 啊乔! – 我来了 |
[14:17] | How did you do on the IQ test? | 智力测验结果如何? |
[14:20] | Eighty-five! | |
[14:24] | -What? -Eighty-five, Jerry! 85 IQ. | – 什么? |
[14:32] | Eighty-five? | – 85 杰瑞!智商85 |
[14:33] | Well, well, well… | 呵呵 呵呵 呵呵… |
[14:37] | He’s coming up? | 他上来了? |
[14:38] | Well, I’m no genius… | 呃 虽然我不是天才… |
[14:40] | …but according to my calculations, he should be here in a few seconds. | 但是依照我的推算 他应该再有几秒钟就上来了 |
[14:46] | Yeah, but an 85? Jerry, that’s ridiculous. | 是 但是85? 杰瑞 这太荒谬了 |
[14:48] | Well, maybe the test was gender-biased. | 噢 也许试题有些男性化 |
[14:51] | You know, a lot of questions on hunting and testicles. | 很多问题涉及到求爱啊睾丸之类的 |
[15:00] | Oh, hello, professor. | 哦 你好啊 教授 |
[15:06] | -George, I cannot believe… -Please. | – 乔治 我真的不能相信… – 啥也不用说 |
[15:09] | -No, there’s gotta be a mistake. -You should have seen her face. | – 不不 肯定哪里搞错了 – 你真该看看她当时的表情 |
[15:13] | It was the same look my father gave me… | 就跟我告诉我父亲 我想做一名腹语学家时… |
[15:15] | …when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist. | 他看我的表情一模一样 |
[15:21] | But an 85? | 但是 85? |
[15:22] | Listen, there were too many distractions there. | 我跟你说 当时很多干扰 |
[15:25] | Babu whatever his name was. And Kramer. I couldn’t concentrate. | 那个巴布什么什么的 还有克莱默 我根本无法集中精神 |
[15:30] | It was a madhouse. | 疯狂之家 |
[15:33] | Jerry, it was. | 杰瑞 当时就是那样的 |
[15:35] | -Let me take it again. -Forget it. | – 让我再做一遍 – 算了吧 |
[15:37] | Oh, come on. Come on. I’ll guarantee you 140. | 噢 拜托 拜托 我保证拿140 |
[15:41] | -What do you have to lose? -You could do worse! | – 你能有什么损失呢? – 你能做的更差! |
[15:43] | No. No, come on. I guarantee it. | 不 不 求求你 我保证 |
[15:46] | -All right, I’ll ask her. -Okay. Now, where am I gonna take it? | – 好吧 我问问她 – 好 那我这次在哪里做? |
[15:50] | Take it here. I’ll leave. There will be no distractions. | 在这里做 我出去 就绝对不会有任何干扰了 |
[16:01] | Well, congratulations, my friend. | 哈 祝贺啊 老朋友 |
[16:04] | Sorry I missed the grand reopening. I was out of town for about a week. | 不好意思错过了你重新开张 我出差一个礼拜 |
[16:08] | You see how I listen? | 看我多听你的? |
[16:10] | I work very hard, borrow more money. | 我努力工作 借了更多的钱 |
[16:14] | I think it’s fantastic. It has a certain indefinable charm. | 我觉得太棒了 真是一种难以形容的奇妙感觉 |
[16:19] | -You wish to eat? -Let me tell you something, Babu. | – 想来点什么吗? – 我跟你说 巴布 |
[16:23] | You go back in that kitchen, tell your chef I want the works. | 你去和厨师说我想要他的大作 |
[16:26] | Very good. | 很好 |
[16:31] | Very good? | 很好? |
[16:33] | No, not very good… | 不 不是很好… |
[16:34] | …very great. | 是非常好 |
[16:36] | I am very, very great. | 我太棒了 |
[16:50] | The IQ tests always have that sample question at the beginning… | 智力测验通常都会在开始有例题… |
[16:53] | …where they show you how to fill in the circle. | 教你如何答题 |
[16:57] | This should be the first elimination point right there. | 这就是第一道杀手锏 |
[16:59] | Anybody goes outside that circle: | 任何人涂到圈外面: |
[17:01] | “You wanna come with us, please? Yeah, you’re done. Your test is over. | “想出来么 来吧? 哦 你玩完了 测试结束” |
[17:04] | You went outside the circle, okay? “ | “你涂到圈外面了 行不?” |
[17:19] | -What are you doing? -Quiet. Don’t say anything. | – 你干什么? – 安静 不许出声 |
[17:22] | -What’s going on? -Hey, Kramer! I saw you go in there! | – 到底怎么回事? – 嘿 克莱默!我看见你进去了! |
[17:26] | I’m not leaving till you give me that jacket! | 你不给我夹克我是不会走的! |
[17:29] | -Open up, Kramer! -What did you come in here for? | – 开门 克莱默! – 你跑这里来干什么? |
[17:32] | Well, I thought I’d throw him off. See, he knows where I live. | 我以为我把他甩掉了 瞧 他知道我住在哪儿 |
[17:36] | Look, Kramer, I have to return this test. I’ve gotta get out of here. | 听着 克莱默 我必须出去把试题还给乔治 |
[17:39] | -I thought you took the test. -I had to take it again. | – 你不是已经做过了么 – 我必须要再做一次 |
[17:42] | -How come? -What’s the difference?! | – 为啥? – 关你啥事儿?! |
[17:45] | -Well, you can’t leave now. -What? | – 但你现在不能走 – 什么? |
[17:47] | Come on, Kramer, I want that jacket back! | 出来 克莱默 把夹克还给我! |
[17:50] | Never! | 做梦! |
[17:54] | Come on, George, open up. | 快点 乔治 开门 |
[18:04] | -Well? -How you doing? | – 唔? – 你觉得怎么样? |
[18:09] | Where’s the test? | 试题呢? |
[18:11] | You know, it’s the damnedest thing. | 你知道 这真是很糟糕的事情 |
[18:13] | I went out the window again to get a cup of coffee… | 我从窗户爬出去买咖啡… |
[18:23] | Babu… | 巴布… |
[18:26] | Babu. | 巴布 |
[18:31] | Babu… | 巴布… |
[18:33] | …you know, I’ve gotta tell you, I never do this, but the shrimp… | 我必须得说 我从来没这么做过 但是这个虾… |
[18:39] | …it’s just a little stringy. | 做的稍稍有点儿粘牙 |
[18:41] | -You have any chicken? -The shrimp is stringy? | – 有鸡肉没有? – 虾粘牙? |
[18:44] | -Well, maybe you refrigerated… -Quiet! | – 恩 也许是冷冻过的… – 闭嘴! |
[18:48] | -No, l… -You shut up! | – 不 我… – 你给我闭嘴! |
[18:50] | You make me change restaurant, but nobody come! | 你让我弄成现在这样 但是根本没人来! |
[18:53] | You say make Pakistani. Babu Bhatt have only Pakistani restaurant. | 巴基斯坦特色的 属于巴布・巴哈特的 仅有的巴基斯坦风味餐厅 |
[18:57] | But where are people? You see people? Show me people! | 人呢?你看见人了?告诉我人在哪儿! |
[19:01] | There are no people! | 根本没有人! |
[19:04] | -I think I’ll just take the check. -You bad man! | – 我帮你确认一下 – 你是坏蛋! |
[19:06] | You very, very bad man. | 非常非常坏的坏蛋 |
[19:10] | Bad man? Could my mother have been wrong? | 坏蛋?难道我妈妈错了? |
[19:23] | Are you looking for George? | 你是来找乔治的吗? |
[19:26] | Well… | 呃… |
[19:28] | Kind of. | 差不多 |
[19:30] | George left. | 乔治走了 |
[19:34] | Is that the test? | 这是试题么? |
[19:38] | This? | 这个? |
[19:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:43] | -Here you go. -Thanks. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[19:47] | I hope you do a lot better this time. | 我希望你这次能做的比上次好 |
[19:53] | Actually, I think I did. | 实际上 我应该… |
[19:54] | The first time, I couldn’t really concentrate. | 第一次 我没法集中精神 |
[20:06] | You know what it was? Bad location. | 你知道原因吗?地理位置太差 |
[20:09] | Come on, let’s not stand here too long. We might run into her. | 我们别在这儿站着了 可能会碰见她的 |
[20:12] | Aren’t you cold? Where’s your jacket? | 你不冷吗?你夹克呢? |
[20:15] | -Oh, sorry. -I’m going upstairs. | – 哦 抱歉 – 我上楼去了 |
[20:20] | Hey, guys. I just ran into Monica. You know what my IQ is? | 嘿 |
[20:25] | One fifty-one. | 我刚才碰见莫妮卡了 你们知道我智商多少? |
[20:28] | -One fifty-one? -Yeah. | – 是的 |
[20:32] | That’s a good score. | 真高 |
[20:34] | So, what are you up for? How about Mexican? | 我们去吃点什么? 墨西哥菜怎么样? |
[20:36] | -Italian. -No, Chinese. | – 意大利 – 不 中餐 |
[20:38] | You know what would be great? | 你们知道什么最棒吗? |
[20:53] | It’s tough to do a good deed. Let’s look at your professional good-deed doers: | 想做个好人真难 看看你周围好人类型的实干专家们 |
[20:57] | Your Lone Rangers, your Supermen… | 敢死队员 超人… |
[20:59] | …your Batmen, your Spider-Men, your Elastic Men. | 蝙蝠侠 蜘蛛侠 橡皮人 |
[21:03] | They’re all wearing disguises. Masks over their faces, secret identities. | 他们全都穿着怪异 脸上带着面具 掩藏自己身份 |
[21:06] | Don’t want people to know who they are. Too much aggravation. | 不想让人知道他们是谁 很让人生气 |
[21:12] | “Superman, thanks for saving my life… | “超人先生 谢谢你救我一命…” |
[21:13] | …but did you have to come through my wall? | “但您一定要穿墙进来吗?” |
[21:16] | I’m renting here. They got a security deposit. What am I supposed to do? “ | “这是我租的房子 我们有付押金的 你现在让我怎么办?” “小餐馆” |