时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So I was in the drugstore trying to get a cold medication. You ever try this? | 我刚才在药房里买感冒药 你试过吗? |
[00:08] | It’s an entire wall of medications. | 一面墙都是药 “进退两难” |
[00:10] | “All right, all right, okay. What the hell am I…? | 到底选哪一个? |
[00:14] | This is quick-acting, but this is long-lasting. | 这个显效快 可那个药效持续久 |
[00:19] | When do I need to feel good? Now or later? “ | 我是选择现在好过点呢 还是以后舒服点? |
[00:22] | It’s a tough question. | 艰难的选择啊 |
[00:24] | Then the commercials on TV show you what’s wrong with the guy. | 而且电视上的药品广告 |
[00:26] | They always show you the problems. They show you the human body… | 通常都是给出症状 首先他们会给你看一个人体 |
[00:30] | …which is usually this guy: | 一般是这么一个人… |
[00:34] | No face, mouth open. | 没有脸,嘴大张着 |
[00:36] | This is how drug companies see the public. | 药品公司就是这样看大众的 |
[00:40] | And he’s always in, like, a certain pain. | 而且症状也总是固定的 |
[00:42] | Like, red, wavy lines are going through him… | 例如,红色的波浪线穿过他… |
[00:44] | …or he’s glowing. Parts of him are on fire sometimes. | 或者他发着光 有时身体某处还在着火 |
[00:48] | Lightning is attacking him. | 好像闪电击中他一般 |
[00:51] | I never had a doctor say, “Are you having pain? | 我从来没听过大夫问 “你哪里疼?” |
[00:53] | Are you having any lightning with the pain? “ | “有没有像被闪电击中般的疼痛感?” |
[01:04] | How did you get fleas? | 你怎么招上跳蚤的? |
[01:06] | My cousin’s imbecile dog was outside and they got in his carpet. | 我表兄的笨狗跑到外面 把跳蚤带到他地毯上了 |
[01:10] | Maybe you could get yourself a little bow tie flea collar. | 你可以戴个除跳蚤的蝴蝶领结 |
[01:13] | That’s real funny. | 你真幽默 |
[01:15] | So are you coming to the party? | 你会去那个派对吗? |
[01:18] | I’d go, but Long Island, it’s so far out. | 我想去,但长岛太远了 |
[01:20] | It smacks of desperation. | 好像有点过于积极了 |
[01:22] | Everyone’s gonna be saying: | 大家都会问 |
[01:24] | “You came all the way out from Manhattan for this?” | “你大老远从曼哈顿来 就为了这个?” |
[01:26] | -You know, Ava’s gonna be there. -Who? | – 艾娃会去 – 谁? |
[01:28] | The nice one that works in my office. | 我同事,好的那个 |
[01:31] | -I’ll drive! -Oh, well, now you’re talking. | – 我来开车! – 你说得好听 |
[01:34] | Supposed to be a good party. | 应该是个不错的派对 |
[01:35] | Well, what does that mean? Good dip? | 什么意思? 有好东西吃? |
[01:38] | No. There’ll be girls there. | 不,会有女孩去 |
[01:40] | There’s girls everywhere! | 到处都有女孩! |
[01:42] | I go out and there’s girls in the elevator. | 我走出家门,电梯里就有女孩 |
[01:44] | They’re in cafeterias, subways. So what? | 餐厅里有,地铁里有 那又怎样? |
[01:47] | There’s a hundred different things here. | 这里药太多了 |
[01:50] | What’s the difference between these two? | 这两个有什么不同? |
[01:53] | -You got propylparaben? -Got it. | – 你那个有尼泊金丙酯吗? – 有 (尼泊金丙酯,防腐剂成分) |
[01:56] | You got isobutane 30? | 你那个有异丁烷30吗? |
[01:57] | I got isobutane 20. | 我这个有异丁烷20 |
[02:01] | You got sorbitan sesquioleate? | 你那个有倍半油酸山梨坦吗? |
[02:03] | -Got it. -I have aloe. | – 有 – 我这个含芦荟 |
[02:05] | You got aloe? I love aloe. | 芦荟? 我很喜欢芦荟 |
[02:07] | Where do they make yours? | 你那个哪里产的? |
[02:09] | -Jersey. -White Plains. | – 新泽西 – 这个是白原市的 |
[02:13] | Girls. There’s girls right here in the store. | 女孩 这商店里就有女孩 |
[02:17] | Look. Look. There’s one over there. | Look. 看,那里就有一个 看呀 |
[02:20] | There’s another one. | 那儿又一个 |
[02:22] | As soon as I walk outside, there’ll be girls. | 一出门会有更多 |
[02:25] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[02:27] | I gave her a 20, she gave me change for a 10. | 我给她二十块 她只找了我十块的钱 |
[02:29] | Are you sure? Oh, boy. Here we go. | 你肯定? 天啊,又来了 |
[02:32] | Excuse me. I gave you a $20 bill… | 打搅一下 我给了你张二十块的票子 |
[02:35] | …and you only gave me change for a 10. | 你只找了我十块钱 |
[02:37] | -You gave me a 10. -I’m positive I gave you a 20. | – 你给我的是十块的票子哦 – 我肯定给了你二十 |
[02:39] | I know what you gave me. | 我很清楚你给了我多少 |
[02:41] | You owe me $10. | 你少给我十块钱 |
[02:43] | Will you please step aside? | 你能不能让让? |
[02:44] | -Next! -All right, all right. | – 下一位! – 好,好吧 |
[02:46] | Let’s just examine the situation for a second. | 我们来研究一下 |
[02:49] | Who, in this situation, would be more likely to make a mistake? | 这种情况下谁更可能犯错? |
[02:52] | Me, who had access to my wallet, knew exactly what was in there… | 是很清楚钱包里有多少钱的我? |
[02:56] | …or you? -You. | – 还是你? – 当然是你 |
[02:58] | No, no, no. See, you’re not really listening. | 不,不,你没在听我说 |
[03:00] | -What’s the problem here? -There’s no problem. | – 有什么事吗? – 没什么 |
[03:03] | She just owes me $10. That’s all. | 就是她少给我十块钱 |
[03:04] | -He’s claiming short. -Let’s just take it outside. | – 他说少找了钱 – 到外头去说 |
[03:07] | Oh, so you don’t believe me either?! | 你也不相信我?! |
[03:09] | -Come on. Let’s go. -All right. You haven’t won. | – 走吧 – 不要紧,你还没赢 |
[03:12] | You may think you’ve won, but you haven’t won. Know why? | 你以为你赢了,但你没赢 知道为什么吗? |
[03:15] | It’s not over. This is not over. | 还没结束呢 |
[03:17] | I’m not forgetting what’s happening here. You have my $10. | 我不会忘了的 你欠我十块钱 |
[03:20] | I will get it back. All right. Don’t worry. | 我会要回来的 别担心 |
[03:23] | And it’s not over. I’m going now. | 还没结束呢 我现在先走 |
[03:25] | Goodbye. I will be back. | 再见,我会回来的 |
[03:35] | Well, don’t stand here. Let’s walk in. | 别光傻站在这儿 进去吧 |
[03:37] | Blend in. Blend in. | 融入人群,融进去 |
[03:38] | No, let’s survey first. Camp here. | 不,先看好形势 待在这儿 |
[03:41] | Ava. | 艾娃 |
[03:44] | What could possess anyone to throw a party? | 为什么有人愿意开派对? |
[03:46] | I mean, to have a bunch of strangers treat your house like a hotel room. | 让一帮陌生人 把你家当成宾馆房间? |
[03:50] | -Guess who just sold 129 West 81 st. -Oh, no, you didn’t. | – 猜猜谁把西81街129号的房子卖出去了? – 不是你吧? |
[03:54] | -Get out! When? -Yesterday. | – 不会吧!什么时候? – 昨天 |
[03:56] | -I don’t believe it. -Ask Mark. | – 我不相信 – 去问马克 |
[03:58] | Mark, is this true? | 马克,是真的吗? |
[04:04] | Yeah, this has got “disaster” written all over it. | 这绝对是场大灾难 |
[04:09] | How did I let you talk me into this? I must have been out of my mind. | 我怎么会被你说服来这儿的? 我一定是疯了 |
[04:13] | Listen, let’s keep an eye on each other. | 我们应该互相照应 |
[04:16] | In case one of us gets in a bad conversation… | 如果我们其中一人被卷进无聊的谈话中… |
[04:18] | …we should have a signal so the other one can get us out of it. | 应该给个信号 另一个人好来解救 |
[04:23] | -How old are you? -Thirty-six. | – 你几岁了? |
[04:26] | What’s the signal? | 用什么信号好呢? |
[04:28] | How about this: Chicken wing. | 像鸡那样挥舞翅膀怎么样? |
[04:32] | No, no, no. I got a better one: | 不,不,我想到更好的 |
[04:34] | Head-patting. | 拍头 |
[04:36] | Whatever you want. | 随便你 |
[04:42] | You came all the way out from Manhattan for this? | 你大老远从曼哈顿来 就为了这个? |
[04:44] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. | 是啊,是啊 |
[04:47] | So, what do you do? | 你做什么工作的? |
[04:52] | -I’m a comedian. -Are you? | – 喜剧演员 – 真的? |
[04:55] | Let me ask you something. Where do you get your material? | 问你个问题 你从哪里得到灵感? |
[04:58] | -I hear a voice. -What kind of voice? | – 我能听到一个声音 – 什么样的声音? |
[05:01] | A man’s voice. But he speaks in German, so I have to get it translated. | 一个男人的声音,但他说德语 所以我还得找人翻译 |
[05:06] | How come you keep tapping your head? | 你为什么一直在拍头? |
[05:08] | It’s a nervous tick. | 紧张时的毛病 |
[05:10] | I’m on L-dopa. | 我正在服用左旋多巴 (左旋多巴,治疗帕金森病的有效药物) |
[05:12] | On the other hand, you take a guy like George Washington Carver. | 另一方面 你看看乔治・华盛顿・卡佛 (乔治・华盛顿・卡佛,1864年出生于 密苏里州的钻石丛镇,美国最著名的 农业科学家之一,毕生研究花生) |
[05:15] | The man devoted his whole life to the peanut. | 他把一生都奉献给了花生 |
[05:19] | Imagine having so much passion for something. | 一个人竟能对一件事如此执着 |
[05:24] | You know, people tell me I’m a funny guy. | 别人说我挺幽默的 |
[05:29] | I’ve often wondered if he ever worked with the pecan. | 我经常在想 他对核桃有没有研究 |
[05:33] | Yeah. Me too. | 我也是 |
[05:35] | Now, is that considered a nut? I know the cashew is a legume. | 核桃是坚果类的吗? 我知道腰果是属于豆类的 |
[05:42] | -How’s it going? -Great. How about you? | – 你怎么样? – 不错,你呢? |
[05:45] | I can’t believe what’s happening here. | 我都不敢相信刚才发生的事 |
[05:47] | She hasn’t taken her hands off me all night. | 她整晚手都没从我身上拿开过 |
[05:49] | She was always friendly around the office, but that was it. | 她在办公室总是很友好 但没看出她有这意思 |
[05:52] | -How do you account for this? -I don’t know. | – 你觉得是怎么回事? – 我不知道 |
[05:54] | Maybe a safe fell on her head. | 也许她给保险柜砸昏头了 |
[05:57] | Well, she obviously liked you all along. | 她肯定是一开始就喜欢你 |
[05:59] | No. I would have picked up on it. | 不,那样我会注意到的 |
[06:01] | I can always tell. Women always somehow let you know. | 女人要是对我有意思,我会感觉到的 她们总会让你知道 |
[06:04] | With me, they could torture me, I wouldn’t tell them. | 是我的话,就算拷打我 也不会告诉她们 |
[06:07] | I try to make them think I don’t like them. | 我尽量让她们觉着我不喜欢她们 |
[06:09] | Then they think, “Oh, this guy’s not even looking. | 她们会想 “这人连看都没在看我” |
[06:11] | He must have something going for him. “ | “他一定有高人一等的地方” |
[06:14] | Anyway, I’m ready to go. | 我想走了 |
[06:16] | -Now? -Well, if not now, when? | – 现在? – 不现在走,那什么时候? – 给我半小时 – 好,半小时 花生糖,花生酱,花生油… |
[06:19] | -Give me a half-hour. -Okay. Half-hour. | |
[06:22] | Peanut brittle, peanut butter, peanut oil… | |
[06:26] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能跟你说句话吗? |
[06:27] | Oh, excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[06:31] | What have you been doing? I’ve been smacking myself senseless. | 你干什么去了? 我都快把自己拍傻了 |
[06:36] | People think I’m a mental patient. | 大家还以为我是神经病呢 |
[06:38] | Hey, I was dying over there. | 我在那儿都快死了 |
[06:40] | This guy’s going off on the peanut. | 这个家伙不停地说花生的事 |
[06:42] | Now, pay attention. | 从现在起,多看着我点 |
[06:44] | Yeah, I think I’ve seen you in a club. | 我好像在酒吧见过你演出 |
[06:46] | -You talk about everyday things, right? -Right. | – 你题材一般是些日常小事,是吧? – 对 |
[06:49] | Yeah. I remember you. | 对,我记得你 |
[06:53] | I wonder what happened to my fiance. | 我未婚夫哪儿去了? |
[06:56] | I know he’s here somewhere. | 我知道他就在这附近 |
[06:57] | Ellen, have you seen my fiance? | 艾伦,你看见我未婚夫了吗? |
[07:00] | -He’s upstairs. -Are you going upstairs? | – 他在楼上 – 你要上楼吗? |
[07:02] | Tell my fiance I’m looking for him. | 告诉我未婚夫,我在找他 |
[07:05] | I have lost my fiance, the poor baby. | 我把未婚夫给弄丢了 我那可怜的宝贝 |
[07:11] | Maybe the dingo ate your baby. | 也许你宝贝被澳洲野狗吃了 |
[07:17] | What? | 什么? |
[07:18] | The dingo ate your baby. | 你宝贝被澳洲野狗吃了 |
[07:30] | You ready? | 可以走了吗? |
[07:31] | Listen, I… | 听我说,我… |
[07:33] | …have a tremendous favour to ask. | 需要你帮个大忙 |
[07:34] | I do favours. | 可以 |
[07:36] | -I think something’s happening here. -What? | – 我觉得会有事发生 – 什么? |
[07:39] | I think she wants me to take her home. | 我觉得她想让我送她回家 |
[07:43] | -What should I do? -Go. What can you do? | – 我该怎么办? – 去吧,还能怎么办? |
[07:46] | -What about you and Elaine? -We’ll get a ride. | – 你和伊莲怎么办? – 我们可以搭车 |
[07:48] | -You’re sure? -We’ll be fine. What did she say? | – 你确定吗? – 我们不要紧,她怎么说的? |
[07:51] | She told me she… | 她告诉我她… |
[07:55] | She told me she wants me to make love to her. | 她说她想跟我做爱 |
[07:59] | -What? She said that? -Yeah. | – 什么?她这么说的? – 是啊 |
[08:02] | -Get out of here. -I swear. | – 不可能 – 我发誓 |
[08:06] | -What did you say? -I… | – 那你怎么回答的? – 我… |
[08:07] | -Oh, I can’t. -Come on. What did you say? | – 我不能说 – 说吧,你怎么说的? |
[08:10] | -Please, it’s, it’s… -What? | – 真的,这有点,有点… – 你到底说了什么? |
[08:13] | “I…” | 我说“我…” |
[08:16] | “I…” | “我…” |
[08:21] | “I long for you.” | “我渴望你” |
[08:23] | -“I long for you”? -I was so shocked… | – “我渴望你”? – 我当时很惊讶 |
[08:25] | …I was lucky I said anything. -It’s okay. That’s not bad. | – 能说出话来已经万幸了 – 没关系,不算太坏 |
[08:29] | I don’t like when a woman says “Make love to me.” It’s intimidating. | 我不喜欢女人说“跟我做爱” 很吓人的 |
[08:33] | The last time a woman said that to me, I wound up apologizing to her. | 上次有女人这样说 我最后还跟她道了歉 |
[08:37] | -Really? -That’s a lot of pressure. | – 真的? – 压力很大的 |
[08:39] | “Make love to me.” What am I, in the circus? | “跟我做爱” 我是马戏团的吗? |
[08:42] | -What if I can’t deliver? -Oh, come on. | – 如果我做不好怎么办? – 不会的 |
[08:44] | I can’t perform under pressure. | 我在压力下没法儿表现好 |
[08:46] | That’s why I never play anything for money. I choke. | 所以我从来不赌钱 我会僵住 |
[08:49] | I could choke tonight. | 今晚我也有可能僵住 |
[08:52] | And she works in my office. Can you imagine? | 而且她跟我还是同事 你能想象吗? |
[08:54] | If she goes around telling everyone what happened… | 如果她把我们的事到处传? |
[08:56] | Maybe I should cancel. I have a very bad feeling about this. | 也许我该拒绝她 我有不祥的预感 |
[08:59] | -George, you’re thinking too much. -I know, I know. I can’t stop it. | – 乔治,你想太多了 – 我知道,但我忍不住 |
[09:05] | Well, right now I’m reading manuscripts for Pendant Publishing. | 我正在为奔端特出版社看手稿 |
[09:09] | Pendant? Those bastards. | 奔端特?那些混蛋 |
[09:12] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[09:16] | Listen, George is going home with this Ava from his office. | 乔治会和他同事艾娃一起回家 |
[09:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[09:21] | What a world. | 世界之大,无奇不有 |
[09:24] | -So we can go now. -No, he’s taking the car. | – 那我们可以走了 – 不,乔治会把车开走 |
[09:27] | -What are we gonna do for a ride? -I don’t know. | – 那我们怎么回家? – 我不知道 |
[09:32] | -You don’t know? -Maybe Kramer can come pick us up. | – 你不知道? – 也许克莱默可以来接我们 |
[09:36] | Great. Oh, this is great. How could you let him take the car? | 这下好了 你怎么能让他把车开走? |
[09:39] | There’s nothing I could do. It’s part of the code. | 我也没办法 这是男人间的约定 |
[09:43] | All plans between men are tentative. | 男人之间的计划都是可变的 |
[09:47] | If one man should suddenly have an opportunity to pursue a woman… | 如果一个男人突然有了 追女人的机会 |
[09:50] | …it’s like these two guys never met each other ever in life. | 这两个男人会变得 像从来不认识一样 |
[09:53] | This is the male code. | 这就是男人间的约定 |
[09:56] | And it doesn’t matter how important the arrangements are. | 无论计划的事多么重要 |
[09:59] | Most of the time, they screw up a space shuttle mission, it’s because… | 航天飞机发射失败的原因大多都是… |
[10:02] | …one of the astronauts met someone on his way to the launch pad. | 宇航员在去发射台的路上 碰上了想追的人 |
[10:05] | They hold that countdown. | 发射被推迟了 |
[10:08] | He’s leaning against the rocket: | 他斜倚在火箭上 |
[10:09] | “So when I get back, what do you say we get together for some Tang?” | “我回来后 愿意一起去喝一杯吗?” |
[10:14] | Oh, look at what she’s wearing. You see what she’s wearing? | 看她穿的什么 你看见了? |
[10:17] | Yeah, yeah, all right. | 看到了,看到了 |
[10:18] | I can’t believe she’s walking around in that. | 我不敢相信 她穿着那个逛悠 |
[10:20] | -Just don’t make a scene. -Hey, is that real fur? | – 别惹麻烦 – 嗨,那是真的皮毛吗? |
[10:23] | -Oh, boy. -It better be. | – 天啊 – 最好是真的 |
[10:25] | Or my ex-husband owes me an explanation. | 要不我前夫可得做个解释了 |
[10:27] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:28] | You don’t care that innocent, defenceless animals… | 你难道不在乎无辜的动物 |
[10:31] | …are tortured so you look good? | 为了你的漂亮而受苦? |
[10:32] | Could we talk about this some other time? | 不能改天再谈吗? |
[10:34] | -Are you a vegetarian? -Here we go. | – 你吃素吗? – 又来了 |
[10:36] | Yeah. I eat fish occasionally. | 对,偶尔吃鱼 |
[10:38] | -So you’re a hypocrite. -Hey! | – 那么你是个伪君子 – 嘿! |
[10:40] | I’ve eaten frogs, so nobody’s perfect. | 我还吃过青蛙 没有人十全十美 |
[10:43] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[10:44] | -Talk to me when you stop eating fish. -Fish don’t feel any pain. | – 你不吃鱼时再来找我 – 鱼没有痛感 |
[10:47] | How do you know? Do you communicate with fish? | 你怎么知道? 你能跟鱼交流吗? |
[10:49] | Well, they’re not kept in little cages. | 至少它们不在笼子里 |
[10:51] | -Ever seen a goldfish? -Goldfish! | – 见过金鱼吗? – 金鱼! |
[10:53] | Yeah. Yeah, I’ve seen goldfish. They’re not unhappy. | 我当然见过 金鱼也没不幸福 |
[10:56] | Right. Swim around a bowl for two weeks… | 在鱼缸里游两个星期 |
[10:58] | …and get flushed down the toilet. That’s a good life. | 然后被冲下马桶 真是幸福的生活啊 |
[11:00] | Oh, yeah. That’s right. | 对啊,就是这样 |
[11:02] | Go ahead. Go ahead. Maybe you can run over a squirrel! | 走吧,走吧你 也许你能再轧死松鼠呢! |
[11:04] | Yeah, well, that’s why we’re here in America. | 对,这是我们在美国的原因 |
[11:08] | -You’re beautiful. -Call Kramer. | – 干得漂亮 – 给克莱默打电话 |
[11:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:12] | Excuse me. This is your party, right? | 打扰一下 这派对是你开的吧? |
[11:15] | -No. I just live here. -Can I use your phone? | – 不,我只是住在这儿 – 可以用一下电话吗? |
[11:18] | What’s in it for me? | 给我什么报酬? |
[11:19] | -A bigger bill. -Go for it. | – 帮你多用点电话费 – 打吧 |
[11:25] | Kram, Sein. | 克莱默,我是宋飞 |
[11:27] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛? |
[11:29] | Well, I’m stuck out here on Long Island. | 我被困在长岛 |
[11:31] | What are your thoughts about taking a ride? | 能来接我们吗? |
[11:34] | You’re sure? | 肯定没关系? |
[11:35] | Okay, but don’t leave me hanging here. | 好吧,不过别又不来啊 |
[11:38] | Okay, great. Let me give you directions. | 好,等我给你地址 |
[11:48] | You sure you don’t need any help? | 你确定不需要帮忙? |
[11:50] | No, not really. | 不,不用了 |
[11:52] | I’m sure he’ll be here any minute. | 我朋友随时会到 |
[11:54] | I want them out of here. | 我想让他们出去 |
[11:56] | -Call him again. -I called. What should I do? | – 再给他打个电话 – 我打过了,我能怎么办? |
[12:00] | We really appreciate this. | 我们真的很感激 |
[12:03] | It’s 2:00 in the morning. | 已经凌晨两点了 |
[12:05] | Oh, you got the Civil War book. | 哦,你们还有南北战争的书 |
[12:07] | I saw some of that show. It was wonderful. | 我在电视上看过,很棒 |
[12:11] | 620 million people died. | 死了6.2亿人 |
[12:14] | Thousand. | 是62万! |
[12:16] | Thousand! 620,000. | 62万人耶 |
[12:18] | The horror. The horror! | 太可怕了!太可怕了! |
[12:21] | The wife keeps giving us dirty looks. | 那女的老是恶狠狠地瞅咱们 |
[12:23] | Are you sure you gave him the right directions? | – 你确定你给对了地址? – 确定,确定 |
[12:26] | -You sure there’s nothing we can do? -No! | – 真的不需要我们帮忙吗? – 不需要! |
[12:28] | I am not going to bed with them in our house. | 他们还在屋里 我就不去睡觉 |
[12:31] | This is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[12:32] | You know, a friend of my father’s used to live right around here. | 我爸爸的一个朋友 曾经住在这附近 |
[12:36] | Mike Wichter. | 他叫麦克・威彻 |
[12:40] | He sold plastic straws. | 他卖过塑料吸管 |
[12:42] | You know the ones? | 你知道是什么样的吧? |
[12:43] | You could bend them. | 可以弯的那种 |
[12:47] | Have you noticed? People don’t use straws as much as they used to. | 你注意到了吗? 人们不像过去那样常用吸管了 |
[12:52] | You know, it doesn’t look as if your friend is coming. | 你们的朋友好像不会来了 |
[12:55] | Oh, he’s coming. | 他一定会来的 |
[12:56] | Maybe you should take a look at a train schedule. | 也许你该考虑 坐火车回去了 |
[13:01] | That’s him. | 他来了 |
[13:03] | I’m going to bed! | 我去睡觉了! |
[13:06] | -Thanks a lot. -Thanks. | – 多谢 – 谢谢 |
[13:08] | Great party. | 派对很不错 |
[13:12] | -Hey, how you doing? -Look who’s here. | – 嗨,你好 – 终于到了 |
[13:16] | -I’m sorry. -Hey, it’s okay. | – 真对不起 – 没关系 |
[13:18] | I had the directions on the seat right next to me. | 我把写地址的纸条放在旁边的座位上 |
[13:20] | They flew out the window. | 纸条被风吹出了窗外 |
[13:23] | Then how did you find the place? | 那你怎么找到这里的? |
[13:24] | Well, I knew the exit on the Long Island Expressway… | 我知道长岛高速的出口 |
[13:27] | …and I thought that the address was 8713 Riviera Drive. | 不过我以为地址是里维埃拉路8713号 |
[13:31] | So I drove around… | 所以我开着车乱转… |
[13:34] | …knocking on everybody’s doors that had those numbers. | 看到有类似的门牌 |
[13:36] | 8317,7813,3718,1837… | 就去敲人家门 |
[13:41] | Finally, I hit it. 8173. | 最后终于找到了 是8173 |
[13:44] | Anyway, thanks a lot for letting us stay here, Steve. I really owe you one. | 总之,谢谢你,史迪夫 我欠你一份情 |
[13:48] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[13:49] | And if you’re ever in the city… | 如果你来纽约玩… |
[13:51] | …you wanna come to a comedy club, whatever. | 想去喜剧俱乐部之类的话 |
[13:53] | Hey, I might take you up on that. | 嘿,我可能真的会去找你 |
[13:56] | Here’s my address and number. | 这是我的地址和电话 |
[13:58] | And, really, thanks again. | 真的非常感谢 |
[14:01] | Well, you better zip up. | 你最好拉上拉链 |
[14:03] | I couldn’t get the top on the convertible up. | 敞篷车的蓬子拉不上来了 |
[14:07] | -But it’s cold out. -Wait till we get on the Expressway. | – 外面那么冷! – 上了高速公路会更冷 |
[14:16] | George, I’ve been sick all week. Elaine was too. | 乔治,我病了一个星期了 伊莲也是 |
[14:19] | Eighty miles an hour, 40 degree temperature for 50 minutes. | 时速80英里,气温40华式度的条件下 开50分钟 (80英里大约等于128.75公里,40华氏度大约等于4.44摄氏度) |
[14:22] | Do the math. | 你自己算算吧 |
[14:25] | Yeah, maybe I will get out. | 好吧,我可能会出去 |
[14:27] | But let me just stop off at the drugstore first. | 不过我要先去趟药店 |
[14:30] | Meet me down there in 15 minutes, then we’ll go do something. | 15分钟后见 我们可以一起出去 |
[14:33] | Yeah, Selwyn’s. | 恩,在赛尔文那儿 |
[14:35] | Okay, bye. | 好,待会儿见 |
[14:41] | -Who is it? -Mr. Pocatillo! | – 哪位? – 我是普卡特罗! |
[14:44] | -Who? -You don’t recognize my voice? | – 谁? – 你认不出我的声音? |
[14:48] | -Jerry, baby! -Do I know you? | – 杰瑞,老兄! – 我们认识吗? |
[14:51] | -Boy, this comedy’s frying your brain. -I’m sorry… | – 喜剧把你脑子都搞坏了 – 抱歉,呃… |
[14:55] | See, this is the kind of lasting impression I make on people. | 看吧 我总是给人留下很深的印象 |
[14:58] | -Oh, okay. -You said if I was ever in the city. | – 好,好吧 – 你说过如果我到纽约来就找你 |
[15:02] | I’m in the city! | 我这不来了! |
[15:03] | You certainly are. | 你是来了 |
[15:07] | What’s going on? | 有什么事? |
[15:08] | I’m just waiting for a lift back. He won’t be ready until 11. | 我在等我朋友来接我 他要到11点才能来 |
[15:12] | I figured I’d give you a break… | 我想可以打扰你一会儿 |
[15:13] | …see what it’s like to hang out with someone in show business. | 看看演艺圈的人是怎么混的 |
[15:16] | Listen, I’m really sorry, but I’m just on my way out to meet a friend. | 真对不住 不过我现在正要出去见朋友 |
[15:20] | Oh, come on. You can come up with something better than that. | 你可以想个更好的借口吧 |
[15:23] | No, really, I just got off the phone with him. | 不,真的 我刚跟他通完话 |
[15:26] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[15:28] | Look, you can hang out here if you want. | 你愿意的话 可以待在这儿 |
[15:32] | Don’t be so enthusiastic. | 用不着假装热情 |
[15:33] | -No, it’s… -I’m not gonna steal anything. | – 不是 – 我不会偷什么东西的 |
[15:36] | No, of course not. Just… | 不,当然不会,只是… |
[15:39] | …close the door when you leave. | 走的时候帮忙关下门 |
[15:41] | -I think I can do that. -Really, I’m sorry. | – 当然 – 真的很对不起 |
[15:44] | Maybe another time. | 下次我们再一起出去吧 |
[15:46] | Yeah. Let’s have lunch. | 好,我们下次再一起吃午饭 |
[15:48] | The guy’s in my house right now. | 那人现在就在我家 |
[15:51] | What a mistake that party was. I never should’ve gone. | 去那派对真是个错误 真不该去的 |
[15:54] | -Yeah, me either. -Oh, come on. | – 我也这么觉得 – 你不会吧 |
[15:57] | What “come on”? Have you ever dated a woman that worked in your office? | 什么“你不会吧”? 你跟同事约过会吗? |
[16:01] | -I never had a job. -Know that anxiety you feel on a date? | – 我从来没有工作过 – 至少知道约会的紧张感吧? |
[16:04] | That’s what I have every day now. My worst nightmare’s come true. | 现在我每天都有那感觉 我恶梦成真了 |
[16:07] | Every day is a date. | 每一天都约会 |
[16:09] | That’s one of Dante’s nine stages of hell, isn’t it? | 那不是 但丁诗中的九层地狱吗? |
[16:13] | Ava was one of the reasons I used to like work. | 艾娃曾是 我喜欢工作的原因 |
[16:15] | She was a friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[16:17] | Now we sleep together and suddenly I don’t know how to talk to her. | 现在我们睡过了 我突然不知道怎么跟她说话了 |
[16:20] | Every time I go to the bathroom, I pass her desk. | 每次去厕所 都要经过她的办公桌 |
[16:23] | I have to plan little patter. I spend half my day writing. | 简单的对话我都得好好计划 一天大半时间都用来想词儿了 |
[16:26] | Then afterwards I sit in my office and analyse how it went. | 过后我就坐在办公室里 分析我的表现 |
[16:29] | If it was a good conversation, I don’t go to the bathroom the rest of the day. | 如果表现不错 我就再不去厕所了 |
[16:32] | I see her laughing and talking with other people. | 我看到她和其他人有说有笑 |
[16:35] | They’re all so loose and relaxed. I think: | 他们都轻松自如 我就想 |
[16:37] | “That used to be me. I wanna go back there again.” | “我以前也可以那样的 我想回到原来” |
[16:40] | -What are you gonna do? -I have no choice. | – 你打算怎么办? – 没有其它选择了 |
[16:43] | I’m quitting. | 我决定辞职 |
[16:49] | The party, Long Island. | 长岛派对的主人 |
[16:51] | -Kramer, right? -Yeah. | – 你叫克莱默,对吧? – 对 |
[16:53] | -Hey, what are you doing here? -Waiting for my ride. | – 你在这儿干嘛? – 等人来接我 |
[16:55] | -Where’s Jerry? -He split. | – 杰瑞呢? – 走了 |
[16:57] | Let me ask you something. | 我想问你点事 |
[17:00] | Is there anything to drink in here? Or is that a stupid question? | 这儿有喝的吗? 或者我根本不该问? |
[17:04] | Jerry, he doesn’t have anything. | 杰瑞没有喝的 |
[17:07] | But I might have something. | 不过我有 |
[17:11] | I’m gonna get this. This looks good. | 我要买这个 看着不错 |
[17:13] | -How much is that? -$9.60. | – 多少钱? – 九块六 |
[17:16] | $9.60? | 九块六? |
[17:19] | Give it to me. | 给我 |
[17:20] | -Why? -Don’t worry, I got it. | – 为什么? – 别担心,让我来 |
[17:22] | -What do you mean, you got it? -I got it. | – 什么叫让你来? – 让我来就行了 |
[17:24] | Since when are you treating me to medicine? What are you doing? | 你什么时候开始替我付药费了? 你干吗? |
[17:28] | -You’re stealing this, aren’t you? -I’m not stealing. They owe me $10. | – 你要偷出去? – 这不是偷,他们欠我十块钱 |
[17:31] | -They stole from me. -You’re a lunatic. | – 是他们偷我的 – 你疯了 |
[17:33] | I have to. It’s a matter of honour. | 我必须这样做,事关尊严 |
[17:35] | What do you say to a person like you? | 对你这样的人 能说什么呢? |
[17:37] | Just walk. You don’t even know me. | 走吧 假装不认识我 |
[17:41] | Excuse me. | 等等 |
[17:44] | What do you got there? | 你藏了什么? |
[17:46] | -What? -What do you got in your shirt? | – 什么? – 你衣服底下藏了什么? |
[17:54] | -I was gonna pay for this. -Come with me. | – 我正打算付钱呢 – 跟我来 |
[17:56] | Where are you taking me? I was gonna pay for it. | 你带我去哪里? 我是打算付钱的 |
[17:59] | -Don’t think I remember you? -What are you talking about? | – 你以为我不记得你了吗? – 你在说什么啊? |
[18:01] | I know who you are! I was watching you. | 我认识你! 刚才一直盯着你 |
[18:03] | What are you gonna do? You gonna call the police? | 你想干嘛? 要叫警察吗? |
[18:05] | -Come on! -Where…! | – 来吧! – 去哪? |
[18:09] | Can I still buy this or is this evidence now? | 我还可以买这个吧 还是已经成为犯罪证据了? |
[18:12] | So I’m chasing these doves down the street… | 我当时在街上追白鸽… |
[18:14] | …and she’s screaming at the top of her lungs… | 她大声尖叫着… |
[18:17] | …and then when the magician comes back from Europe… | 然后当那魔术师从欧洲回来时… |
[18:20] | …two of them turn brown! | 两只白鸽变成了棕色! |
[18:22] | Well, I followed the instructions! | 我可是按照指示做的! |
[18:30] | They turned brown! | 变成了棕色! |
[18:36] | -Brown! | -Brown! – 棕色! – 棕色! |
[18:45] | So let me ask you something. You know any women we could call? | 我想问你 你有召妓的电话吗? |
[18:49] | Not really. | 没有 |
[18:51] | Maybe we should call one of those escort services. | 也许可以打电话给三陪服务中心 |
[18:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:55] | I saw one of them advertised before on the cable station. | 我在电视上看过他们的广告 |
[18:59] | 555-LOVE. | 电话号码是:555-LOVE |
[19:02] | -Are you in on this? -Oh, no, no. | – 你也叫一个吗? – 不,不了 |
[19:04] | I got a girl in the next building. | 我隔壁楼就可以叫小姐 |
[19:10] | Now, I want my money, mister! And I ain’t leaving till I get it. | 先生,请付钱! 不付我就不走 |
[19:17] | Now, I am through playing games with you. | 别跟玩我什么把戏了 |
[19:19] | I got things to do. | 我还有事做呢 |
[19:22] | Oh, Jerry, Jerry. | 杰瑞,杰瑞 |
[19:24] | Look who’s here. It’s Jerry. | 看谁来了,这是杰瑞 |
[19:26] | What the hell…? | 这是怎么回事? |
[19:27] | -Jerry, this is Patti. -Nice to meet you. | – 杰瑞,这是帕缇 – 很高兴认识你 |
[19:31] | A pleasure to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识你 |
[19:33] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底怎么回事? |
[19:34] | I don’t know, but I gotta do this more often. | 我也不知道 不过真好玩 |
[19:39] | There’s my ride, finally. | 接我的人终于来了 |
[19:41] | I’m not gonna go anywhere until I get the rest of my money. | 不把剩下的钱给我 我就不走 |
[19:44] | See you, Jer, and tell Kramer thanks. I’ll call him tomorrow. | 再见,杰瑞,替我谢谢克莱默 明天我再给他打电话 |
[19:48] | Oh, Kramer. | 噢,克莱默 |
[19:49] | Yeah, he’s a hoot. | 对啊,他真会玩 |
[19:53] | Goodbye, my dear. | 再见,亲爱的 |
[19:57] | Weekend of the 26th, come on out. We’re having another party. | 26号的周末,来我家吧 我们又要开派对了 |
[20:03] | I ain’t leaving. | 我不会走的 |
[20:05] | -Patti. -You got anything to drink? | – 帕缇 – 有喝的吗? |
[20:08] | -All right, how much does he owe you? -$50. | – 好吧,他欠你多少? – 五十块 |
[20:13] | Fifty dollars… | 五十块… |
[20:19] | -Is this your apartment? -Yeah, but… | – 这是你家吧? – 是的,不过… |
[20:21] | -You’re under arrest for solicitation. -Oh, wait a second. I… | – 你以嫖娼罪被逮捕了 – 等等,我? |
[20:26] | I have chicken soup. | 我只是来送鸡汤的 |
[20:30] | Is that real fur? | 那是真皮毛吗? |
[20:31] | -Oh, boy. | -Oh, boy. – 天啊,又来了 – 天啊,又来了 |
[20:36] | You had Sergeant Chadway? Me too. | 你是由查德威警官处理的? 我也是 |
[20:39] | -He was a nice guy. -Oh, great guy. | – 他是个好人 – 真是个好人 |
[20:42] | Was there a redheaded guy there? | 你看到一个红头发的吗? |
[20:44] | -The one with the long sideburns? -Yeah! | – 鬓角特长的那个? – 就是他! |
[20:46] | -Where does he come off? -I know. | – 他怎么搞的嘛! – 就是说! |
[20:48] | There’s no call for that kind of attitude. | 也不用那个态度嘛 |
[20:51] | One of the guys in my cell threw a piece of gum at him. | 我牢房有人向他扔了块口香糖 |
[20:54] | We all hated him. | 我们都讨厌他 |
[20:57] | There’s two types of favours: Big favour, small favour. | 帮人忙有两种: 大忙和小忙 |
[20:59] | You can measure the size of the favour… | 何为大何为小 |
[21:01] | …by the pause that a person takes after they ask you to “do me a favour.” | 可以用请求后停顿的长短来衡量 |
[21:06] | Small favour, small pause: “Do me a favour? Hand me that pencil.” | 如果是小忙,停顿就短: “帮个忙,把铅笔递给我” |
[21:10] | No pause at all. | 连停顿都没有 |
[21:11] | Big favours are: “Could you do me a favour?” | 大忙的话就是这样: “你能帮我个忙吗?”… |