时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Women put on perfume in an interesting way. | 女人擦香水时非常有意思 我喜欢看她们擦香水时的样子 |
[00:06] | Ever notice that, guys? | 伙计 注意过吗? |
[00:07] | They have their little key, Stratego little areas. | 她们很有心得 这些都是制胜的小角落 |
[00:15] | Places they think we’re going. | 认为我们会去注意的地方 |
[00:21] | And they always hit this one. | 最常喷的是这里 |
[00:23] | Women are convinced… | 女人们认为… |
[00:24] | …that this is the most action-packed area that could ever happen… | …这是最富激情的地方 不断发生在… |
[00:30] | …in the dating world. | …约会时 |
[00:32] | What is that, ladies? What is happening here? | 为什么呢 女士们? 会发生什么呢? |
[00:34] | Is that in case you slap the guy or something? | 假如你扇了他一巴掌 还是别的什么? |
[00:37] | He still finds you intriguing? | 他还觉得你非常迷人? |
[00:39] | “Oh, Chanel!” | “哦 香奈儿” |
[00:47] | She’s a pianist, a classical pianist! She plays the piano! | 她是钢琴家 古典乐钢琴家! 弹钢琴的! |
[00:50] | She’s a brilliant woman! | 一个出色的女人! |
[00:51] | I sat in her living room, she played the Waldstein Sonata. | 我坐在她家客厅里 她弹着华尔斯坦奏鸣曲 |
[00:55] | The Waldstein! | 华尔斯坦! |
[01:00] | We did a crossword puzzle together in bed. | 我们在床上一起 做猜字谜游戏 |
[01:03] | It was the most fun I ever had in my entire life! | 这是我一生中最快乐的时光! |
[01:05] | Do you hear me? In my life! | 你在听吗?我一生中! |
[01:09] | You know? | 你明白吗? |
[01:10] | Were you talking? I couldn’t hear anything. | 你在说话吗? 我没听 |
[01:15] | I was telling you about Noel. | 我在说诺埃尔 |
[01:16] | Oh, Noel, yeah. The one that plays the bongos. | 哦 诺埃尔 是的 敲鼓的那个 |
[01:20] | So sidesplittingly funny. | 太扯了你 |
[01:23] | All right, I’m sorry. What about her? | 好吧 我说错了 她怎么了? |
[01:25] | You think I’m gonna repeat the whole thing? | 你要我重复一遍? |
[01:27] | You told me you like her. Everything’s going good. | 你之前说过你喜欢她 进展不错 |
[01:29] | No, everything’s not going good. | 不 一点都不好 |
[01:31] | I’m very uncomfortable. I have no power. | 我很不自在 我毫无办法 |
[01:34] | Why should she have the upper hand? | 为什么她占据主动? |
[01:36] | For once, I’d like the upper hand. I have no hand, no hand at all. | 只有一次 我确实喜欢她的主动 但我不主动 一点都不 |
[01:39] | She has the hand. I have no hand. | 她主动 而我不主动 |
[01:41] | -Hand me that, would you? -Yeah. | – 把那个递给我 – 给 |
[01:43] | How do I get the hand? | 该如何主动呢? |
[01:44] | We all want the hand. Hand is tough to get. | 我们都想主动 这不是简单的事 |
[01:47] | You gotta get the hand right from the opening. | 从一开始你就该主动 |
[01:49] | She’s playing a recital at the McBierny School. | 她会在麦克拜耳尼学校开独奏会 |
[01:52] | I got two extra tickets. You and Elaine could go. | 想去听吗? 我多了两张票 你和伊莲一起去吧 |
[01:55] | Yeah, that sounds like something. | 听起来不错 |
[02:00] | Then afterwards, maybe we could all go out together. | 结束后 我们可以一起出去 |
[02:03] | You know, she’ll see me with my friends. | 让她看看我和朋友在一起的样子 |
[02:04] | She’ll observe me as I really am, as myself. | 她会看到原本的我 |
[02:07] | Maybe I can get some hand that way. | 也许这样我就能主动些 |
[02:11] | -Oh, hey. -Hey. | |
[02:12] | Hey, smell my arm. | 闻闻我的手 |
[02:16] | -What? -Smell it. Smell it. | – 什么? – 闻闻 |
[02:17] | With all due respect, I don’t think so. | 出于尊重 这么做不适合 |
[02:19] | -Jerry, smell. -That smells good. What is that? | – 杰瑞 闻闻看 – 很好闻 什么味道? |
[02:22] | -The beach. -The beach? | – 沙滩 – 沙滩? |
[02:25] | Did you go swimming? It’s 29 degrees. | 你去游泳了? 只有29度 |
[02:26] | No, I just joined the Polar Bear Club. | 不 我加入了北极熊俱乐部 |
[02:29] | -You joined the Polar Bears? -What the hell’s a Polar Bear? | – 你加入了北极熊? – 那是什么鬼东西? |
[02:32] | These people go swimming in the winter. They’re terrific. | 他们在冬天游泳 非常厉害 |
[02:35] | I just took my first swim today. | 今天我第一次游 |
[02:38] | -It’s invigorating. -Yeah… | 太刺激了 |
[02:39] | …so is shock therapy. | 休克疗法也就这样 |
[02:42] | -What is that, a PEZ dispenser? -Yeah. You want one? | – 那是什么 PEZ糖? (PEZ人头糖) – 对 来一个? |
[02:46] | I just bought it at the flea market. You want one? | 刚从跳蚤市场买的 要一个吗? |
[02:49] | Hey, what goes on there, exactly? | 究竟怎么回事? |
[02:51] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[02:53] | No, I know. I know. | 不 我知道 我知道 |
[02:56] | You think they have fleas there, don’t you? | 你认为那里有跳蚤 对吗? |
[02:59] | -No. -Yes, you do, Biff. | – 不是 – 你就是这么想的 |
[03:04] | You’ve never been, and you think they have fleas there. | 你从没去过 所以认为那里到处是跳蚤 |
[03:07] | All right, I think they have fleas there. So what? | 好吧 我是这么想的 那又如何? |
[03:09] | -Here, you want this? -You don’t want it? | – 看 想要吗? – 你不要了? |
[03:11] | -No, I bought five of them. -Wow, great. Thanks. | – 不了 我买了五个 – 棒极了 谢了 |
[03:17] | I don’t know how anyone does this. This must be so nerve-racking. | 我不清楚其他人会怎么做 这肯定很伤脑筋 |
[03:21] | How do they warm up their fingers? | 他们的手指如何热身? |
[03:23] | They have a piano backstage they warm up on. | 后台有架钢琴 他们在那热身 |
[03:25] | No. We would have heard it. | 不可能 没听到声音 |
[03:27] | You think they just crack their knuckles and come out? | 那你觉得他们出来前会运动关节? |
[03:30] | -I told her we’d go out afterwards. -Sure. | – 我跟她说了 待会我们一起出去 – 好 |
[03:32] | Don’t applaud when she stops playing the first time. It’s not over yet. | 她第一次停下时 不要拍手 还没有结束 |
[03:36] | I really resent that. That’s directed at me, isn’t it? | 我生气了 那不就是针对我的吗? |
[03:43] | Is this okay? Can I do this? | 这个呢?我可以拍手吗? |
[04:59] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:00] | Something I said? | 正如我所说的? |
[05:04] | It’s John Mollica. | 是我 约翰・莫利卡 |
[05:06] | Oh. Oh, John. Oh, hi, John. | 哦 约翰 你好 |
[05:10] | -Hi. -What are you doing out here? | – 你好 – 你在这干嘛? |
[05:12] | I was just at this recital… | 我刚在听独奏会… |
[05:14] | …and Jerry put this PEZ dispenser on my leg… | …然后杰瑞把PEZ糖 放在我腿上… |
[05:18] | …and I just started laughing. | …然后我就开始不停地笑 |
[05:21] | -Jerry’s in there? -Yeah. | – 杰瑞在里面? – 对 |
[05:23] | -I heard you guys broke up. -We did. We’re just hanging out. | – 我听说你们分手了 – 是的 我们一起出来转转 |
[05:26] | Really? Boy… | 真的? |
[05:28] | …you really look great. | …你看上去气色好极了 |
[05:32] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:43] | Hey, are you still friends with Richie Appel? | 对了 你跟瑞奇・爱博还是朋友吗? |
[05:46] | Oh, Richie? He’s been doing comedy in L.A. For a couple of years. | 瑞奇?他在洛杉矶演了两年喜剧 |
[05:49] | He just got back a month ago. | 一个月前他回来了 |
[05:51] | He’s kind of messed up on drugs. | 他染上了毒瘾 |
[05:55] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办? |
[05:57] | Have you thought about an intervention? | 想过干预治疗吗? |
[05:59] | -What’s that? -You get all his friends in a room… | – 那是什么? – 你把他的所有朋友叫上… |
[06:02] | …and they confront him to try to get him into rehab. | …大家一起劝他戒毒 |
[06:04] | It’s a very popular thing now. | 如今这种事很普遍 |
[06:06] | Well, he’d never listen to anyone. | 但他从不听别人的话 |
[06:11] | Except, of course, Jerry. | 除了一个人 就是杰瑞 |
[06:13] | He’d listen to Jerry. | 他听得进杰瑞的话 |
[06:15] | Jerry would have to be involved. | 杰瑞一定要帮忙 |
[06:19] | He really respects Jerry. | 他真的很尊敬杰瑞 |
[06:29] | I’m sorry, George. I’m sorry. | 对不起 乔治 非常对不起 |
[06:32] | What did you put the PEZ dispenser on her leg for? | 你干嘛把PEZ糖 放在她腿上? |
[06:35] | -I don’t know. It was an impulse. -What kind of a sick impulse is that? | – 不知道 一时冲动 – 那是什么病态冲动? |
[06:40] | How could I know she’d start to laugh? | 我怎么知道她会笑? |
[06:42] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I am. | 抱歉 抱歉 是我的错 |
[06:46] | -Could we go in already? -What are we gonna tell her? | – 可以进去了吗? – 该怎么跟她说? |
[06:48] | -I’ll tell her I was the one who laughed. -No, don’t say a word. | – 我会告诉她是我在笑 – 不 什么也不要说 |
[06:51] | If she thinks my friends are jerks, then I’m a jerk. | 如果她觉得我朋友都是笨蛋 那她也会觉得我也是个笨蛋 |
[06:55] | Remind me to talk to you about something. | 有件事要和你说 |
[06:57] | -What about? -Hey, we’re discussing something. | – 什么? – 我们在讨论问题 |
[07:00] | I know, but I’m distracted now. | 我知道 但我现在有别的事了 |
[07:02] | What are you, a baby? | 你是小孩子吗? |
[07:04] | All right, tell him. | 好吧 告诉他 |
[07:05] | When I was outside, I ran into John Mollica. | 我在会场外 遇到了约翰・莫利卡 |
[07:08] | -Really? John Mollica? -Yeah. | – 真的?约翰・莫利卡? – 嗯 |
[07:10] | The guy that used to bartend at the comedy club. | 这家伙以前就在喜剧俱乐部调酒 |
[07:12] | -How’s he doing? -He’s good. | – 他怎么了? – 很好 |
[07:14] | Could we cut to the chase? | 可以言归正传了吗? |
[07:16] | “Cut to the chase”? | “言归正传”? |
[07:19] | -Yeah. -What are you, Joe Hollywood? | – 对 – 你以为你是谁 乔・好莱坞? |
[07:22] | A lot of people say it. | 很多人都这么说 |
[07:24] | I would lose that. | 我真是错过了 |
[07:25] | What’s that? | 这又是什么? |
[07:27] | “Lose that”? That’s not a Hollywood expression. | “错过”? 这可不是 好莱坞用语 |
[07:30] | Yes, it is. | 不 这是 |
[07:32] | Anyway… | 不管怎样… |
[07:35] | So John told me that Richie is in town from Los Angeles… | 约翰告诉我瑞奇 从洛杉矶回来了… |
[07:38] | …and he’s really messed up on drugs. | …而且他染上了毒瘾 |
[07:40] | So I told him he should do an intervention. | 所以我跟他说 你应该进行干预治疗 |
[07:42] | -Really? An intervention? -We got a situation over here! | – 是吗?干预? – 我们现在也有情况 |
[07:45] | -But he wants you to be a part of it. -Why me? | – 不过他希望你也帮点忙 – 为什么是我? |
[07:48] | He says Richie really respects you, and he would listen to you. | 他说瑞奇很尊敬你 他很听你的话 |
[07:52] | These things are really hard to load. | 很难相信 |
[07:58] | All right, okay. All right, I’m going in. | 好吧 好吧 我进去了 |
[08:01] | -We got to talk about this. -All right. | – 我们等下好好谈谈 |
[08:08] | Hi. Hi. Hi. | – 好的 |
[08:11] | -You were wonderful. Wonderful. -No, no. | – 你的表演很好 非常好 – 不 不 |
[08:14] | These are my friends, Elaine and Jerry. Noel. | 这两位是我的朋友 伊莲和杰瑞 |
[08:17] | You play a hell of a piano. | 你弹得棒极了 |
[08:20] | Yeah, I was really moved. Really moved. | 真的 我听了非常感动 非常感动 |
[08:23] | Didn’t you hear that person laughing? | 你没听到有个人在笑吗? |
[08:25] | I couldn’t play. I was humiliated! | 我都弹不下去了 我感到很丢脸 |
[08:28] | I’m sure it wasn’t at you. | 我相信她不是在笑你 |
[08:30] | Well, then what was she laughing at? | 那么她在笑什么? |
[08:32] | -PEZ? -No, thank you. | – PEZ糖? – 不 谢谢 |
[08:36] | Did you see her? | 你看到她了吗? |
[08:38] | Me? No, I… | 我?不 我… |
[08:40] | Anyone who would laugh at a recital… | 在独奏会上还能笑出来的人… |
[08:41] | …is probably some sort of lunatic, anyway. | …也许是个疯子 |
[08:44] | I mean, only a sick, twisted mind could be that rude and ignorant. | 我是说 只有脑子有问题的人 才会那么粗鲁无知 |
[08:49] | Well, you know, maybe some mental defective… | 你看 也许某些 心理有问题的人… |
[08:52] | …put something stupid on her leg. | …愚蠢地把某样东西放在她腿上 |
[08:56] | Even if this so-called mental defective did put something on her leg… | 就算真有所谓的心理有问题的人 把某样东西放在她腿上… |
[09:01] | …she’s still the one who laughed. | …但是笑的那个人还是她 |
[09:03] | I’ll never forget that laugh for the rest of my life. | 我一生都不会忘掉那笑声 |
[09:08] | I’m sure she would apologize if she could. | 如果可以 她一定会道歉的 |
[09:13] | Probably someone is holding her back… | 也许某人阻止了她… |
[09:15] | …maybe against every fibre of her being. | …也许这违背了她的本意 |
[09:18] | If she wants to continue to have a fibre of her being, she’ll be very careful. | 如果想继续保持她的本意 那她就该十分小心 |
[09:22] | -Don’t hit me. -Stop it. | – 不要打我 – 住手 |
[09:25] | All right. So you ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[09:27] | We’ll go out, and we’ll have a bite to eat. | 出去吃点东西 |
[09:30] | I don’t feel like it tonight. | 今晚我没心情 |
[09:33] | -We’ll be outside. -Yeah. | – 我们在外面等 – 嗯 |
[09:35] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[09:37] | By the way, how do you warm up your fingers before you play? | 请问 弹奏前你如何热身手指 |
[09:41] | I just crack my knuckles. | 我运动手指关节 |
[09:44] | Come on, we’ll have a good time. | 去吧 玩了就会开心 |
[09:46] | -Well, I’m really not in the mood. -Come on… | – 我真的没心情 – 去吧 |
[09:48] | I said, I don’t feel like it. | 我说了我没心情 |
[09:55] | All right… | 那好… |
[09:58] | I’ll… I’ll call you. | 我…我给你打电话 |
[10:00] | I’ll call you, and we’ll talk on the phone. | 我会打给你 我们可以在电话里聊聊 |
[10:04] | Have a telephone communique. | 来一次电话密谈 |
[10:08] | So, fine. Everything’s fine. Everything good? | 那么 一切都会好的 一切都好吗? |
[10:11] | Good. I feel good. Fine. That’s fine. That’s good. | 很好 我觉得很好 非常好 很好 不错 |
[10:14] | Okay. Okey-doke. | 好的 没问题 |
[10:21] | You know, I think Kramer might have been indirectly responsible… | 我觉得克莱默间接造成了… |
[10:24] | …for getting Richie involved in drugs. | …瑞奇染上毒瘾 |
[10:27] | What? How? | 什么?怎么会? |
[10:28] | A few years ago, the comedy club had a softball team. | 几年前 喜剧俱乐部有一支垒球队 |
[10:31] | Kramer was our first baseman. | 克莱默是一垒手 |
[10:33] | You couldn’t get anything by him. He was unbelievable. | 没有一个球能从他那通过 他太厉害了 |
[10:35] | Anyway, this one game, we came back to win from, like, eight runs behind. | 这场比赛结束时 我们从落后八轮 最后反败为胜 |
[10:40] | So Kramer says to Richie: | 之后克莱默对瑞奇说: |
[10:42] | “Why don’t you dump the bucket of Gatorade on Marty Benson’s head?” | “为什么你不将那桶多加力 倒在马提・本森的头上呢?” |
[10:45] | -The club owner. -Yeah. | – 他是俱乐部老板 – 哦 |
[10:47] | So Richie goes ahead and does it. | 瑞奇就这么做了 |
[10:51] | -So? What happened? -What happened? | – 然后?发生了什么事? – 发生了什么? |
[10:53] | The guy was, like, 67 years old. It was freezing out. | 这个家伙 好像有67岁了 那时天气很冷 |
[10:55] | He caught a cold, developed pneumonia, a month later… | 他得了感冒 后来恶化成肺炎 一个月后 |
[10:57] | …he was dead. -Shut up. | – 他死了 – 胡说 |
[11:02] | All the comedians were happy… | 所有喜剧演员对此非常开心… |
[11:04] | …because he’s one of these club owners nobody liked. | …因为没人喜欢他 |
[11:06] | But Richie was never the same. | 但瑞奇却变了 |
[11:08] | -What about Kramer? -He’s the same. | – 克莱默怎样了? – 还是老样子 |
[11:13] | Are you sure you want me, John? | 你确定要我帮忙吗 约翰? |
[11:14] | I mean, I haven’t spoken to Richie in two years. | 我两年都没和瑞奇说过话了 |
[11:17] | I don’t have a good apartment for an intervention. | 我的房子不适合做干预治疗 |
[11:21] | The furniture, it’s very nonconfrontational. | 家具一点都不牢固 |
[11:24] | All right, all right. Goodbye. | 好吧 好吧 再见 |
[11:28] | Remember Richie Appel? | 记得瑞奇・爱博吗? |
[11:29] | Oh, sure. The guy I told to pour the Gatorade that killed Marty Benson? | 当然 我告诉过你他把多加力 倒在马提・本森身上害死他的人 |
[11:36] | Right. John Mollica is organizing some kind of intervention for him. | 对 约翰 莫利卡准备为他弄一个干预小组 |
[11:39] | We’re having it here. | 就在这儿 |
[11:41] | Can I get in on that? | 我能参加吗? |
[11:44] | What do you think, it’s like a poker game? | 你把它当成扑克游戏了? |
[11:47] | -Is Elaine going? -Yeah. | – 伊莲来吗? – 来的 |
[11:48] | Well, I knew him as well as she did. | 我和她一样了解他 |
[11:50] | Yeah, but John invited her. | 是约翰邀请了她 |
[11:52] | So wait, you don’t want me to intervene? | 等等 你不希望我加入吗? |
[11:54] | No, intervene, go ahead. Intervene all you want. | 不 来吧 想怎样就怎样吧 |
[11:57] | I’m just afraid you might be interfering while we’re intervening. | 我只是担心 在我们干预时 你会打扰我们 |
[12:04] | -Yeah? -It’s George. | – 哪位? – 是我 约翰 |
[12:05] | Come on up. | 进来吧 |
[12:07] | Stop smelling your arm! | 不要闻你的手了 |
[12:10] | You know, I got a great idea for a cologne. | 我有个关于香水的好提议 |
[12:12] | It’s called “The Beach.” | 名字就叫“沙滩” |
[12:14] | You spray it on, and it’s just like you came home from the beach. | 喷上一点 闻起来就好像刚从沙滩回来 |
[12:17] | A cologne that smells like the beach. | 一种有沙滩味道的香水 |
[12:19] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, but that’s not a bad idea. | 我不相信我会这样说 但那听起来不坏 |
[12:25] | Tell me about it. | 告诉我你的想法 |
[12:27] | Why don’t you call Steve D’Giff? | 为什么不去找史蒂夫・杰夫谈谈? |
[12:29] | He works in the marketing department at Calvin Klein. | 他在卡尔文・克莱恩(CK) 那做销售 |
[12:31] | In fact, he’s a good friend of John Mollica and Richie, also. | 事实上 他是约翰・莫利卡 和瑞奇的好朋友 |
[12:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:37] | Well, it’s over. It’s definitely over. | 完了 彻底完了 |
[12:40] | -She broke up with you? -No, but she’s going to. | – 她提出分手了? – 还没 但她打算这么做 |
[12:42] | I can sense it. We had this terrible phone conversation. | 我感觉到了 电话里我们谈得很糟糕 |
[12:46] | I was so nervous before I called, I made a list of things to talk about. | 打电话前我很不安 我列了些准备说的话 |
[12:49] | What was on the list? | 你都列了些什么? |
[12:51] | Let’s see. | 我看一下 |
[12:53] | “I’m very good at going in reverse in my car. | “我很擅长倒车” |
[12:59] | Why isn’t Postum a more popular drink? “ | “为什么无咖啡因咖啡 不能更受欢迎呢?” |
[13:04] | Yeah, Postum is underrated. | 对 人们没注意到无咖啡因咖啡 |
[13:08] | Anyway, there was all this tension. | 总之就是有这么些压力 |
[13:09] | I asked her if she wanted to go out to dinner… | 我问她是否愿意出去吃晚饭… |
[13:12] | …and she said, “No, maybe we could have lunch.” | …她回答 “不 也许我们可以一起吃午饭” |
[13:14] | -You know what that means. -What’s wrong with lunch? | – 你明白了吧 – 午饭怎么了? |
[13:16] | Lunch is fine at the beginning, then you move on to dinner. | 刚开始吃饭很不错 然后你们进展到吃晚饭 |
[13:19] | You don’t go back to lunch. It’s like being demoted. | 不能回到吃午饭 那样感觉又回到之前了 |
[13:22] | I’ll never do a crossword puzzle with her again, I know it. | 我再也不能和她一起 做拼字游戏了 我确定 |
[13:25] | I like the jumble. You ever do the jumble? | 我就喜欢玩猜字谜游戏 你玩过猜字谜吗? |
[13:28] | I have no power, you understand? | 我很无力 你明白吗? |
[13:30] | I need hand! I have no hand! | 我要主动权 我没有主动权了 |
[13:32] | -Why don’t you break up with her. -What? | – 为什么你不跟她分手 – 什么? |
[13:35] | Break up with her. You reverse everything that way. | 跟她分手 情况就倒过来了 |
[13:37] | A preemptive breakup. | 抢先分手 |
[13:42] | A preemptive breakup. | 抢先分手 |
[13:44] | -This is an incredible idea. -Yeah. | – 令人难以相信 – 确实 |
[13:49] | I got nothing to lose. | 我没什么好担心失去的了 |
[13:51] | We either break up, which she would do anyway… | 要么分手 她随时都可以这么做… |
[13:54] | …but I go out with some dignity… | …但我可以带着尊严… |
[13:56] | …or I completely turn the tables! | …或者我可以完全扭转局势! |
[13:58] | This is absolutely brilliant! | 绝妙的主意! |
[14:01] | So I’m afraid I… | 我恐怕… |
[14:04] | …am gonna have to break up with you. | …得跟你分手 |
[14:09] | -You’re breaking up with me? -Yes. | – 你要跟我分手? – 对 |
[14:12] | I… | 我… |
[14:14] | …am breaking up with you. | …要跟你分手 |
[14:17] | -Wow. -Shocked? | 吃惊吗? |
[14:19] | -I really am. -Never expected this, did you? | – 确实很吃惊 – 从未想到过 对吗? |
[14:22] | -I thought everything was fine. -Well, live and learn. | – 我觉得一切进展地很好 – 学无止境啊 |
[14:28] | Well, I don’t understand. You didn’t enjoy being with me? | 不过 我不明白 你不喜欢跟我在一起吗 |
[14:31] | Didn’t we have fun doing the crossword puzzle? | 玩拼字游戏时我们不开心吗? |
[14:33] | Kind of. | 只有一点点开心 |
[14:35] | -I’m very confused. -Well, I didn’t mean to hurt you, kid. | – 我不懂 – 我并不想伤害你 宝贝 |
[14:40] | -I thought… -Now, stop it, please. | – 我以为 – 现在请不要说了 |
[14:42] | What do you want? I know I can make you happy. | 你要什么? 我知道我能给你快乐 |
[14:49] | When you’re playing the piano… | 当你弹琴时… |
[14:52] | …do you think about me? | …你会想我吗? |
[14:54] | -I don’t know. -This is what I’m talking about. | – 我不知道 – 这就是关键 |
[14:56] | Okay, I’ll think about you. | 好吧 我会想你的 |
[14:59] | -All the time? | -All the time? – 一直吗? – 一直? |
[15:01] | -You know… -Okay, all the time. | – 你明白的 – 好 一直 |
[15:04] | -I can’t hear you. -All the time! | – 我听不见 – 一直想 |
[15:07] | See? It’s not so hard. | 看 不是很难啊 |
[15:11] | Go ahead. Smell. Smell it. | 继续 闻闻看 闻闻看 |
[15:16] | -Yeah? So? -Now, you recognize it? | – 然后? – 现在闻出来了吗? |
[15:18] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:19] | The beach. | 沙滩 |
[15:22] | -What are you talking about? -Oh, I’m talking about the beach. | – 你在说什么? – 我在说沙滩 |
[15:26] | What about it? | 沙滩怎么了? |
[15:28] | You know the way you smell… | 这种味道… |
[15:30] | …when you first come home from the beach? | …不正如你刚从沙滩 回来时的味道吗? |
[15:34] | Well, I want to make a cologne that captures… | 我想制作一种香水 能抓住… |
[15:38] | …the essence of that smell. | …这种味道的精华 |
[15:41] | Oh, yeah. | |
[15:43] | That is the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最愚蠢的主意 |
[15:45] | Whoa, wait a minute. You… | 等等 你… |
[15:49] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你没听懂吗 |
[15:51] | You think people are gonna pay $80 a bottle… | 你觉得人们会花80美元 来买这瓶… |
[15:54] | …to smell like dead fish and seaweed? | …闻起来像死鱼 和海藻味道的东西吗? |
[15:57] | That’s why people take showers when they come home from the beach. | 人们之所以从海滩回来要洗澡 也正因为如此 |
[16:00] | It’s an objectionable, offensive odour. | 这种味道非常难闻 |
[16:05] | So you don’t think that it’s a good idea? | 所以你不觉得这是个好主意? |
[16:12] | The membranes get dry, and it just starts bleeding. | 鼻膜干燥 所以流血了 |
[16:16] | Since I was a kid, so I have to stick a tissue up there. | 从小时候就这样 所以我不得不塞纸巾 |
[16:22] | You have to work like that? | 工作时也这样? |
[16:24] | Yeah. Nobody minds. | 对 没人介意 |
[16:27] | Nobody’s ever said anything to me. | 没人跟我说过什么 |
[16:30] | -There any ice cubes? -Whatever’s in the freezer. | – 有冰块吗? – 冰箱里 |
[16:33] | I looked. I don’t see any ice cubes. | 看过了 没有 |
[16:34] | Well, then I guess there’s no ice cubes. | 那么大概就没了 |
[16:36] | I can’t drink this. It’s warm. | 我喝不下 太热了 |
[16:43] | John, shouldn’t we rehearse this… | 约翰 在瑞奇来之前… |
[16:45] | …before Richie comes? What’s the plan? | …我们是否该排练一下? 计划是什么? |
[16:47] | Do I have to talk? I don’t want to. | 我要说话吗? 我不想说话 |
[16:49] | If he’s not gonna talk, then I don’t want to. | 如果他不想说话 那么我也不想 |
[16:51] | -No, we all have to talk! -What’s the order? | – 不 我们都要说 – 谁先说? |
[16:54] | Alphabetical order. You’re first, Roberta. | 按字母顺序 罗伯塔 你第一个 |
[16:56] | -Why am I first? -Albano’s your last name. | – 为什么我第一个? – 你的姓是阿尔巴诺 |
[16:58] | -Not anymore. I’m divorced. -I’ll go first. | – 不再是了 |
[17:00] | -Oh, hey! -Hey. | 我离婚了 – 我第一个 |
[17:02] | -Is this the interference? -Intervention. | – 是这里进行干涉吗? – 是干预 |
[17:04] | -What are you doing here? -Oh, is it all right if I stay? | – 你来这里干嘛? – 我可以留下来吗? |
[17:07] | He can’t stay. This is for close friends only. | 他不能留下 只有密友才可以留下 |
[17:10] | Hey, I’m a friend. | 我也是他的朋友 |
[17:12] | Who told him to pour the Gatorade over Marty Benson’s head? | 你认为是谁让他把加多力倒在 马提・本森头上? |
[17:14] | -Oh, let him stay. -Yeah. | – 让他留下 – 好吧 |
[17:17] | Hey, I got somebody to make up that cologne for me, bigmouth. | 大嘴 我找到愿意制作香水的人了 |
[17:20] | Somebody’s going to make that crap? | 有人愿意做那种垃圾? |
[17:22] | -Kramer! -Hey, you guys! All right! | – 克莱默 – 你们好 |
[17:25] | Come on in. These are some of my Polar Bear buddies. | 进来 这些人是北极熊俱乐部的 |
[17:28] | -They can’t stay. -You’re having a party here? | – 他们不能留下 – 你们要开派对? |
[17:30] | No, we’re having an intervention. | 不 我们要进行干预治疗 |
[17:32] | An intervention? Who’s intervening? | 干预?谁要干预? |
[17:35] | He’s a friend of ours on drugs, and we’re gonna confront him. | 他是我们的一个朋友 染上毒瘾 我们打算帮他 |
[17:38] | Sure. We used to do that… | 很好 我们过去也这么做过 |
[17:40] | …when one of our Polar Bears stopped coming. We’d go to his house: | 那时我们的一个北极熊成员不来了 我们去了他的家 |
[17:43] | “What, you don’t want to be a Polar Bear anymore? | “什么 你不想再来北极熊了?” |
[17:46] | -It’s too cold for you? ” -It’s him! | – “是不是觉得冷?” – 他来了 |
[17:49] | -What do we do? -Hide! | – 怎么办 – 躲起来 |
[17:52] | It’s not a surprise party! | 这不是惊喜派对 |
[17:55] | -Yeah? -It’s George. | – 谁? – 是我约翰 |
[17:57] | Come on up. | 进来 |
[17:59] | It’s not him. | 不是他 |
[18:01] | You don’t wanna go out with me because I’m a bartender, right? | 你不想和我出去 因为我是个酒吧招待 对吗? |
[18:04] | Look, you know, I don’t really think that this is appropriate right now. | 你看 我认为现在不适合 |
[18:09] | Is it because I have a tissue in my nose? | 是因为我鼻子里塞着纸巾吗? |
[18:12] | -You’re getting warm. -Hey, we just… | – 你太激动了 – 我们刚… |
[18:15] | We just came from Chadway’s. What’s going on? | 我们刚从钱德威饭店过来 这里怎么了? |
[18:18] | The intervention. We’re waiting for Richie. | 干预治疗 我们在等瑞奇 |
[18:20] | Right, the intervention. Should we leave? | 对 干预治疗 我们该离开吗? |
[18:24] | -Well… -Elaine, hi. | 你好 伊莲 |
[18:26] | Hi, Noel. | 你好 诺埃尔 |
[18:28] | Well, you’re looking well. | 你看上去很不错 |
[18:30] | Jerry, let me tell you something. | 杰瑞 告诉你些事 |
[18:32] | A man without hand is not a man. | 不主动的男人不是个男人 |
[18:35] | I’ve got so much hand, I’m coming out of my gloves. | 我变得越来越有手腕了 |
[18:38] | I gotta thank Kramer. | 我要谢谢克莱默 |
[18:40] | Even if I were dragged through manure… | 即使在粪堆里被拖过… |
[18:42] | …I still wouldn’t put that stuff on. | …我也不愿意喷上那东西 |
[18:44] | This man is a genius! A genius! | 他是天才! 天才! |
[18:47] | -You think so? -I don’t think so, I know so. | – 你这样认为? – 我不这样认为 但我知道 |
[18:49] | Come here. I gotta talk to you. | 过来 我要和你谈谈 |
[18:51] | The male kangaroo doesn’t have a pouch. | 雄袋鼠没有袋子 |
[18:54] | Only the female has it… | 只有雌的才有… |
[18:56] | …so the male has pouch envy! | …所以雄的只能羡慕 |
[19:00] | “Why should she have this huge pouch and I have nothing? | “为什么她有个大口袋 而我什么都没有?” |
[19:05] | I have things to carry too. | “我也有要带的东西” |
[19:09] | At least give me a pocket. “ | “至少给我个口袋吧” |
[19:25] | That laugh. That’s the laugh. | 那个笑声 就是那个笑声 |
[19:28] | -That’s it! You’re the one! -No, no. | – 就是那个笑声 就是你 – 不 不 |
[19:31] | No, it was an accident. It wasn’t my fault! It was Jerry! | 不 那是意外 不是我的错 是杰瑞的错 |
[19:35] | Jerry put a PEZ dispenser on my leg! | 杰瑞把PEZ糖放在我腿上 |
[19:37] | You put a PEZ dispenser on her leg during my recital? | 演奏会时你把 PEZ糖放在她腿上? |
[19:41] | -I didn’t know she would laugh. -And, you… | – 我不知道她会笑 – 还有你… |
[19:44] | You lied to me, George. You lied to me! | 你对我撒谎 乔治 你对我撒谎 |
[19:46] | No, l… I didn’t. What did I do? | 不 我…我没有 我做了什么啊? |
[19:51] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[19:54] | I am breaking up with you. | 我要跟你分手 |
[19:59] | You can’t break up with me. I’ve got hand! | 你不能跟我分手 这应该由我说 |
[20:02] | And you’re gonna need it. | 你确实需要 |
[20:08] | Noel! | 诺埃尔! |
[20:11] | -Hey, Richie! -Hey, Richie. | – 瑞奇 – 你好 瑞奇 |
[20:14] | So, what’s going on? | 发生了什么? |
[20:17] | So we start the intervention, and it’s pretty ugly from the get-go. | 我们进行干预治疗时 开始确实很难 |
[20:21] | He’s not listening, he’s hostile, he’s talking back. | 他根本不听 还很凶 会回嘴 |
[20:24] | I can’t do these puzzles. | 我不会做这些谜题 |
[20:27] | So he starts to get up. | 所以他站了起来 |
[20:29] | Suddenly, he spots the PEZ dispenser on the coffee table. | 突然 他看到了桌子上的PEZ糖 |
[20:33] | The PEZ dispenser. | PEZ糖 |
[20:35] | He picks it up, he’s staring at it. | 他拿起来 盯着它看 |
[20:38] | It’s like he’s hypnotized by it. | 就好像被催眠了 |
[20:40] | Then he’s telling us this story about how when he was a kid… | 然后他说了个故事 那时他还是个小孩子… |
[20:42] | …he was in the car with his father… | …他和他爸爸一起在车里… |
[20:44] | …and his father was trying to load one of them. | …他的爸爸正在把糖装进糖盒里 |
[20:47] | -Well, they’re hard to load. -Tell me something I don’t know. | – 很难装的 – 把我不知道的告诉我 |
[20:51] | So as the father’s trying to load it, he loses control of the car… | 当他的爸爸在弄的时候 车子突然失去控制… |
[20:55] | …crashes into a high school cafeteria. | …撞上了一所中学食堂 |
[20:58] | -Get out. -Nobody’s hurt… | – 见鬼 – 没人受伤… |
[20:59] | …but PEZ was all over the car. | …但糖撒满了车里 |
[21:02] | And the dispenser was destroyed… | 而盒子坏掉了… |
[21:04] | …virtually beyond recognition. | …完全无法辨认 |
[21:08] | -Poor kid. -So as he’s telling the story… | – 可怜的孩子 – 讲这个故事时… |
[21:10] | …he starts crying. | …他开始哭了 |
[21:11] | -What did you do? -What do you think? | – 那你做了什么? – 你觉得呢? |
[21:13] | -I gave him my PEZ dispenser. -Wow. | 我把PEZ糖给了他 |
[21:16] | Two hours later, he checks into Smither’s clinic. | 两个小时以后 他去了史密斯诊所 |
[21:19] | Talked to the doctor yesterday. He’s doing great on the rehab… | 昨天医生告诉我 他康复地很快… |
[21:22] | …he’s hooked on PEZ. | …他爱上了PEZ糖 |
[21:26] | He’s eating them like there’s no tomorrow. | 他拼命地吃 就像自己明天会死一样 |
[21:29] | What’s a three-letter word for candy? | 三个字的糖是什么? |
[21:33] | I can’t do those things. | 我可不会这玩意 |
[21:47] | Jawbreakers, to me, was like the ultimate challenge candy. | 大糖球对我来说 是一种超级有挑战的糖 |
[21:51] | It was like candy manufacturers were sitting in their laboratories, going: | 就好像糖果制造商们 坐在实验室里说 |
[21:54] | “I wonder if they’ll eat this. | “这玩意真有人会吃?” |
[21:56] | This seems pretty tough to eat. | “看上去吃掉它很困难” |
[21:59] | Let’s market it as some sort of experiment. “ | “让我们把这看成是一种试验好了” |
[22:01] | But the concept of Jawbreakers… What was the concept? | 但说到大糖球 又是何种概念呢? |
[22:04] | Multicoloured cement balls for a quarter? | 25美分的水泥彩球? |
[22:07] | Was that the idea behind it? | 这背后有什么意义? |
[22:08] | “Let’s see if we can hurt them. | “试试看能否伤到它们” |
[22:11] | Let’s see if they’ll pay to be hurt. “ | “看看它们是否会报复?” |
[22:14] | This is the idea behind Jawbreakers. | 这就是大糖球背后隐藏的含义 |
[22:16] | I did it, I ate them, I loved them. | 我做到了 我吃了它们 我爱它们 |
[22:20] | “Oh, this is very painful. I’m really hurting. | “哦 真难吃 我受伤了” |
[22:22] | And this is hurting me a lot. I love them. “ | “伤得很厉害 但我爱它们” “PEZ糖” |