时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | At the health club, people are working out… | 在健身俱乐部,人们锻炼身体… “男朋友” |
[00:05] | …and they’re training, getting in shape… | 接受训练,塑造体型… |
[00:07] | …but strangely, nobody’s really getting in shape for anything. | 但奇怪的是 没人知道为什么要健身 |
[00:12] | The only reason that you’re getting in shape… | 你参加健身的唯一原因… |
[00:14] | …is that so you can get through the workout. | 是为了能熬过这次健身 |
[00:18] | So we’re working out… | 所以我们健身… |
[00:20] | …so that we’ll be in shape for when we have to do our exercise. | 这样我们在不得不健身时 就能从容不迫了 |
[00:25] | This is the whole thing. | 就这么回事儿 |
[00:27] | The other thing I don’t get is why we’re so careful… | 另一件让我不明白的事情是: 我们为什么要那么小心翼翼地… |
[00:30] | …about locking up our dirty towels and smelly jockstraps. | 把脏毛巾和发臭的运动护裆锁起来 |
[00:34] | What exactly is the black market on these disgusting gym clothes? | 到底这些让人呕吐的运动衣 有什么黑市交易的价值呢? |
[00:40] | I’ll give my car to any guy in front of a restaurant… | 你会把车交给站在餐厅前的任何人… |
[00:43] | …because he’s got a short red jacket. | …因为他穿了件红色的短夹克 |
[00:45] | “He must be the valet guy.” | 你就想:“他一定是服务生” |
[00:47] | But my stinking, putrefied gym clothes… | 但那些发霉了,散发出臭味的运动衣… |
[00:49] | …I got one of these locks… | 却有一个专门的柜子锁着… |
[00:51] | …you could put a bullet through it and it won’t open. | 就算开枪也打不开 |
[00:54] | That stuff is safe. | 那玩意儿结实着呢 |
[01:01] | Wide open! I was wide-open underneath. | 无人防守!我在篮下根本无人防守 |
[01:04] | I had three inches on that guy. | 我比防守那家伙高三英寸啊 (三英寸=7.62厘米) |
[01:06] | See, you two were hogging the ball. | 你们两个只会一直霸着球 |
[01:08] | Me? It wasn’t me. I never even saw the ball. | 我?不是我啊 我连球影子都没见到 |
[01:10] | All you do is dribble. | 是你一直在盘球 |
[01:11] | I have to dribble. If I give it to you, you just shoot. You’re a chucker. | 我只能运球,如果我传给你 你就会投篮,你是个“独食” (“独食”,指篮球中拿到球就喜欢 自己投篮得分的人,没有团队精神) |
[01:15] | -Oh, I’m a chucker. -That’s right. | – 我成了“独食”了 – 是啊 |
[01:16] | Every time you get the ball, you shoot. | 每次你拿到球 不管三七二十一就投篮 |
[01:18] | I can’t believe you called me a chucker. | 你竟然叫我“独食” |
[01:20] | No way I’m a chucker! I do not chuck. Never chuck! | 我绝不是“独食” 我不会“独食”,从来不会! |
[01:22] | Never have chucked! Never will chuck! No chuck! | 从没“独食”过! 将来也不会!绝不会! |
[01:26] | You chuck. | 你就是个“独食” |
[01:28] | -Kramer, am I a chucker? -Oh, you’re a chucker. | – 克莱默,我“独食”吗? – 哦,你是的 |
[01:32] | My God, I’m a chucker. | 天哪,我是个“独食” |
[01:34] | -All these years, you never told me? -It’s not an easy thing to bring up. | – 这些年你怎么从没告诉过我? – 这事儿不好提啊 |
[01:40] | Hey, you know, this is the first time we ever saw each other naked? | 我说,这可是我们第一次 看到对方的裸体呢 |
[01:46] | Believe me, I didn’t see anything. | 相信我,我什么都没看见 |
[01:48] | Oh, you didn’t sneak a peek? | 你就没偷偷看一眼? |
[01:51] | -No. Did you? -Yeah, I snuck a peek. | – 没有,你偷看了? – 嗯,我偷看了一下 |
[01:53] | -Why? -Why not? | – 为什么? – 干嘛不? |
[01:56] | What about you, George? | 乔治,你呢? |
[01:59] | Yeah, I… | 嗯,我… |
[02:01] | …snuck a peek. | …也偷看了一下 |
[02:03] | But it was so fast, I didn’t see anything. It was just a blur. | 但太快了,我什么都没见着 只是些模糊的影像 |
[02:06] | I made a conscious effort not to look. | 我刻意约束自己没去看你们 |
[02:08] | There’s certain information I just don’t wanna have. | 有些事儿我可不想知道 |
[02:11] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[02:13] | I gotta go meet Newman. | 我得去见纽曼了 |
[02:15] | -I’ll see you later. Have a good one. -All right. | – 稍后见,祝你愉快 – 好的 |
[02:19] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[02:22] | Look at this guy. | 看这家伙 |
[02:24] | Does he have to stretch in here? | 他非得在这儿做伸展运动吗? |
[02:28] | -You know who that is? -Who? | – 你知道那是谁吗? – 谁啊? |
[02:29] | That’s Keith Hernandez. | 他是基思・赫尔南德兹 |
[02:32] | Keith Hernandez, the baseball player? | 基思・赫尔南德兹 就是那个棒球明星? |
[02:34] | Yeah, that’s him. | 嗯,就是他 |
[02:36] | -Are you sure? -Positive. | – 你确定吗? – 没错 |
[02:39] | Wow! Keith Hernandez! | 哇哦!基思・赫尔南德兹! |
[02:42] | -He’s such a great player. -Yeah. | – 他是个非常棒的球员 – 嗯 |
[02:44] | He’s a real smart guy too. He’s a Civil War buff. | 他也很聪明哦 他是个美国内战迷 |
[02:46] | Wow, I’d love to be a Civil War buff. | 哇哦,我也想成为一个美国内战迷 |
[02:51] | What do you have to do to become a buff? | 怎么才能成为个内战迷呢? |
[02:54] | So Biff wants to be a buff? | 你想成为内战迷? |
[02:57] | Well, sleeping less than 18 hours a day would be a start. | 一天别睡18个小时或许是个开始 |
[03:02] | I only got two weeks left of unemployment. | 两周后我的失业保险就过期了 |
[03:05] | I gotta prove I’ve been looking for a job to get an extension. | 为了得到延期 我得证明我一直在找工作 |
[03:08] | Hey, should we say something to him? | 你说,我们要不要去跟他打个招呼? |
[03:10] | Oh, I’m sure he loves to hear from fans in the locker room. | 哦,我敢说他喜欢在更衣室被粉丝打搅 |
[03:13] | Well, he could say hello to me. I wouldn’t mind. | 他要是和我打招呼,我就不介意 |
[03:16] | He’s Keith Hernandez. | 他是基思・赫尔南德兹 |
[03:18] | You’re Jerry Seinfeld. | 你不过是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[03:25] | -So? -What, you’re comparing yourself… | – 那又如何? – 你把你自己… |
[03:27] | …to Keith Hernandez? | …和基思・赫尔南德兹相比较? |
[03:29] | The guy’s a baseball player, Jerry, baseball! | 那家伙是个棒球明星 杰瑞,棒球! |
[03:32] | I know what he is. I recognized him. You didn’t even notice him. | 我知道他是谁,我先认出他的 你根本没注意到他 |
[03:34] | What, you’re making some wisecracks in a nightclub? | 你以为这是在酒吧里调侃吗? |
[03:39] | The guy was in game six, two runs down, two outs, facing elimination! | 那家伙打第六局,两个夹杀, 二个出局,面临被淘汰的紧要关头! |
[03:44] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[03:45] | I don’t want to disturb you. I’m Keith Hernandez. | 我不想打搅你 我是基思・赫尔南德兹 |
[03:47] | And I just want to tell you what a big fan I am. I love your comedy. | 我只想告诉你我是你的超级粉丝 我很喜欢你的喜剧表演 |
[03:56] | -Really? -I’ve always wanted to do what you do. | – 真的吗? – 我一直梦想能成为你这样的喜剧明星 |
[03:58] | Do what I do?! You’re one of my favorite ballplayers of all time! | 成为我这样的? 你才是我一直以来最喜欢的球员之一! |
[04:01] | Mine too. | 也是我的啊 |
[04:04] | -I love that bit about Jimmy Olsen. -Really? | – 我很喜欢吉米・奥森那段 – 真的吗? |
[04:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:10] | You know, Keith, what I’ve always wondered is… | 基思,我一直奇怪… |
[04:13] | …with all these ball clubs flying around all season… | 整个赛季这些棒球俱乐部的队员们 一直飞来飞去的… |
[04:15] | …wouldn’t you think there’d be a plane crash? | 你们不怕坠机吗? |
[04:23] | Are you performing in New York now? | 你现在在纽约演出吗? |
[04:25] | At this club on the East Side. You should come in. | 在东城的一家俱乐部 你也来吧 |
[04:27] | But think about it: 26 teams, 162 games a season. | 但想想看:26支球队 一个赛季162场比赛 |
[04:30] | You’d think eventually, an entire team would just get wiped out. | 你可以想象,总有一次坠机 然后整个队伍就这样消失了 |
[04:37] | I live on the East Side. | 我就住在东城 |
[04:39] | I’ll give you my number… | 我把电话号码给你… |
[04:40] | …and just tell me whenever you want to go. | …无论何时,你想去就打给我 |
[04:42] | -Or maybe just get together for coffee. -Oh, that’d be great. | – 或者我们可以出去喝个咖啡 – 哦,那太棒了 |
[04:46] | Well, it’s only a matter of time. | 这只是时间问题 |
[04:49] | Who’s this chucker? | 这个“独食”是谁? |
[04:56] | It’s been three days, and he hasn’t called. | |
[04:59] | Well, maybe you should call him. | 你可以打给他啊 |
[05:00] | I can’t. I can’t. | 不行,我不能打 |
[05:02] | -Why not? -I just feel like he should call me. | – 为什么不? – 我就感觉应该他给我打电话 |
[05:06] | What’s the difference? | 有什么差别? |
[05:07] | You don’t understand, Elaine. I don’t want to be overanxious. | 你不懂,伊莲 我不想表现得过于心急 |
[05:10] | If he wants to see me, he has my number. He should call. | 如果他想见我,他应该打电话给我 他有我的号码 |
[05:16] | God, look at this ashtray. I hate cigarettes. | 天哪,看看这烟灰缸 我讨厌抽烟的 |
[05:20] | I can’t stand these guys. | 我真是受不了这号人了 |
[05:21] | You give your number to them, and then they don’t call. | 你把你的号码给了他们 他们却不打电话给你 |
[05:25] | Why do they do that? | 他们为什么要这样? |
[05:27] | I’m sorry, honey. | 我很抱歉,亲爱的 |
[05:31] | I mean, I really thought he liked me. We were getting along. | 我真以为他喜欢我 我们相处的也很融洽啊 |
[05:34] | He came over to me. I didn’t go over to him. | 是他找我搭讪的 我又没去找他 |
[05:36] | -I know. -Why did he come over to me? | – 我知道 – 他干嘛要跟我搭讪? |
[05:39] | I mean, here I meet this great guy, this ballplayer… | 老天让我遇到这么好的男人 还是个明星球员… |
[05:42] | …best guy I ever met. -Yeah. I know. | …是我遇到过最好的男人 – 嗯,我知道 |
[05:44] | Well, that’s it. I’m never giving my number out to another guy again. | 到此为止 我再不会把电话号码给别的男人 |
[05:48] | I’ve given my number out to guys, and it takes them a month to call. | 我把电话号码给了一些男人 他们一个月后才打电话给我 |
[05:54] | Good. Good. Well, if he’s calling in a month… | 好啊,好啊 要是他一个月后才打电话… |
[05:56] | …he’s got a prayer. | …就得有人给他祈祷了 (意思是我要给他好看) |
[06:00] | You know, maybe he’s been busy. Maybe he’s been out of town. | 也许他一直在忙啊 还有可能他出城了 |
[06:03] | Oh, what, they don’t have phones out of town? | 怎么,难道城外就没有电话了? |
[06:06] | I love how people say they’re too busy. “Too busy.” | 我最讨厌听人说他们太忙了 “太忙了”? |
[06:08] | Pick up a phone! | 拿个电话能花多少时间?! |
[06:11] | Takes two minutes. How can you be too busy? | 就花个几分钟时间,有那么忙吗? |
[06:14] | -Why don’t you just go and call him? -I can’t call here. It’s a coffee shop. | – 那你为什么不去给他打电话? – 这儿打不了啊,这里是咖啡屋 |
[06:18] | -I mean, what am I gonna say to him? -Just ask if he wants to get together. | – 再说了,打通电话我说什么? – 就问问他想不想聚一下 |
[06:22] | For what, dinner? | 做什么呢,吃晚饭吗? |
[06:25] | Dinner’s good. | 吃晚饭是个不错的选择 |
[06:27] | Don’t you think that’s coming on a little too strong? Isn’t that, like, a turnoff? | 你不觉得这样太主动了吗? 不会让人觉得讨厌吗? |
[06:31] | Jerry, he’s a guy. | 杰瑞,他是个男的 |
[06:36] | I know, but this is all very confusing. | 我知道,这事儿把我整个搞糊涂了 |
[06:38] | When you’re in your 30s, it’s very hard to make a new friend. | 当你30多岁的时候 是很难交到新朋友的 |
[06:42] | Whatever the group is you’ve got now, that’s who you’re going with. | 不管你现在处于什么团体之中 和你相处的人都是固定的 |
[06:45] | You’re not interviewing, not looking at any new people. | 你不会再去接见其他人 其他新的朋友 |
[06:48] | You’re not interested in seeing any applications. | 你也不再对任何申请感兴趣 |
[06:51] | They don’t know the places. They don’t know the foods. | 他们不知道你常去的地方 也不知道你爱吃的食物 |
[06:53] | They don’t know the activities. | 不知道你常做些什么 |
[06:55] | If I meet a guy at a club or a gym: “Hey, look, I’m sure you’re very nice. | 如果我在俱乐部或体育馆遇到谁 我会说“嗨,你看起来很不错” |
[06:59] | You seem to have a lot of potential. We’re just not hiring right now. “ | “也很有潜力 可惜我们现在不缺人” |
[07:02] | When you’re a kid… | 但给你还是个小孩儿时… |
[07:03] | …you can be friends with anybody. Remember when you’re a little kid… | 你可以和任何人交朋友 记得当你还是小孩子时… |
[07:07] | …what are the qualifications? ” If someone’s in front of my house… | 哪儿会讲什么资格不资格的 如果某人出现在我家前面… |
[07:10] | …that’s my friend. They’re my friend. That’s it. | …他就是我朋友 他们都是我朋友,就这么简单 |
[07:12] | Are you a grownup? No? Great. Come on in! | 你是成年人吗? 不是?太棒了,快进来! |
[07:15] | Let’s jump up and down on my bed! ” And if you have anything in common: | “快来我床上一块儿跳吧!” 如果你们有任何共同点: |
[07:19] | “You like cherry soda? I like cherry soda! We’ll be best friends!” | “你喜欢樱桃苏打? 我也喜欢! 我们会成为最好的朋友!” |
[07:28] | You only have two more weeks before your benefits run out. | 两周后你的津贴将停止发放 |
[07:31] | Yes, and I was hoping, perhaps, to get… | 嗯,我希望,如果可以的话… |
[07:34] | …a 13-week extension, if that’s possible. | …能否给个13周的延期 |
[07:37] | So where have you been looking for work? | 那么你都去哪里找工作了? |
[07:39] | You know what I’ve discovered, Mrs. Sokol? | 你知道我发现什么了吗,索科尔夫人? |
[07:41] | It’s not so much the looking… | 工作并不完全是“看”来的… |
[07:43] | …as the listening. | 主要是“听来”的 |
[07:44] | I listen for work. As I’m looking… | 我在“听”着找工作 当我边看… |
[07:47] | …and listening… I’m also looking. You cannot discount looking. | 边听的时候…当然我也在“看” 你不能把“看”全盘否定 |
[07:50] | It’s a combination. It’s looking. And listening. | 这是互相结合的 是边看边听 |
[07:52] | Listening. And looking. But you must look. | 边听边看,但你必须得看 |
[07:56] | Can you be specific about any of these companies? | 能具体描述一下这些公司吗? |
[07:58] | Specific. Let’s see… | 具体点儿?你看… |
[08:00] | I’ve walked in and out of so many buildings. | 我去过太多公司 |
[08:03] | They all blend in together. | 都混在一起了 |
[08:04] | Just give me one name. | 给我一个公司的名字就可以了 |
[08:06] | One name. Absolutely. | 一个公司名称,当然可以 |
[08:09] | Let’s see, there’s… | 我看看,是… |
[08:10] | Vandalay Industries. | 范德莱工业 |
[08:12] | I just saw them. I got very close there. Very close. | 我刚去面试的地方 我差点就被录取了,只差一点 |
[08:14] | What type of company is that? | 那是什么性质的公司? |
[08:17] | Latex. Latex manufacturing, Mrs. Sokol. | 索科尔夫人,是做乳胶的 从事乳胶制造业 |
[08:19] | -And you interviewed there? -Yes, for a sales position. | – 你参加了那儿的面试? – 嗯,面试销售的职位 |
[08:23] | Latex salesman. | 乳胶推销员 |
[08:24] | The selling of latex and latex-related products. | 销售乳胶及其相关制品 |
[08:29] | They just wouldn’t give me a chance. Damn it! | 他们就是不给我个机会 该死! |
[08:31] | Now I’m going to need an address and a phone number for this… | 现在我需要这个范德莱公司的… |
[08:35] | …Vandalay company. | …地址和电话 |
[08:36] | You like gum? | 你喜欢嚼口香糖? |
[08:38] | Because I have a friend in the gum business. I got a gum guy! | 我有个卖口香糖的朋友 他是做这个生意的 |
[08:41] | I make one phone call, have boxes of gum delivered right to your door. | 打个电话就能给你送来好多盒口香糖 |
[08:45] | The address? | 地址是? |
[08:47] | The address is… | 地址是… |
[08:52] | Jose Jimenez. Do you recognize that? | 何塞・希门尼斯,你听出来没? |
[08:55] | -No. -Jose Jimenez. | – 没 – 何塞・希门尼斯 |
[08:59] | Very funny. Really, he’s very funny. | 他很滑稽 真的,他非常滑稽 |
[09:01] | The address. | 给我地址 |
[09:06] | Vandalay is… | 范德莱的地址是… |
[09:08] | …129 West 81 st Street. It’s a very small industry, Vandalay. | 西81街129号 范德莱的企业很小 |
[09:11] | It’s why I wanted to work for them. | 这也是我为什么要在那里干的原因 |
[09:13] | A phone number. | 还有电话 |
[09:15] | That’s… KL5… | 是…KL5… |
[09:18] | …8383. Are you planning on calling them soon? | …8383,你打算过会儿就打吗? |
[09:21] | Because they have very strange hours. | 他们的作息时间有些怪 |
[09:23] | As soon as I’m done with you. | 搞定你我就打电话过去 |
[09:25] | Sure. Well… | 当然,呃… |
[09:27] | You know, I’ll check in with you next week. | 下周我再到你这里报到 |
[09:29] | I gotta run now because I got a full plate this afternoon. | 我得赶紧走了 下午还有好多面试要去 |
[09:33] | -Okay. -All right. Really good to… | – 好的 – 好,真的很高兴… |
[09:43] | He’ll call you back! | 他一会儿打给你! |
[09:44] | It’s a par five. | 是个五杆洞(长洞) |
[09:45] | So, you know, I step up to the tee… | 我走上发球台… |
[09:47] | …and I hit a beautiful drive right down the middle of the fairway. | 我一记漂亮的击球 正好落在球道中间 |
[09:51] | -I mean, you know my hook, right? -Elaine? | – 你知道我的左弯有多厉害吧? – 伊莲? |
[09:53] | How about this shirt? Is this okay? | 这件衬衫怎么样? 还行吗? |
[10:00] | Jerry, he’s a guy. | 杰瑞,他是个男的 |
[10:05] | Well, it’s a dogleg left, so I play the hook. | 是一个向左转的球道 因此我打了一个左弯 |
[10:07] | Wait, hold on. There’s another call. | 等等,别挂,有电话进来了 |
[10:11] | -Jerry! Jerry! -George? | – 杰瑞!杰瑞! – 乔治? |
[10:12] | -Kramer, put Jerry on! -I’m in the middle of something. | – 克莱默,让杰瑞接电话! – 我正在打电话呢 |
[10:15] | -Call back. -Kramer, no…! | – 过会儿打过来 – 克莱默,别…! |
[10:17] | So the ball takes off, and I’m waiting for it to turn. | 紧接着球飞起来 只等球转弯 |
[10:27] | Would you…! | 你能不能…! |
[10:31] | All right. Well, I’ll talk to Jerry. Yeah. | 好的,我跟杰瑞说,再见 |
[10:35] | Hey, that was Michael and Carol. | 是迈克尔和卡罗尔 |
[10:36] | She’s wondering when we’ll go see the baby. | 她想知道我们什么时候去看宝宝 |
[10:38] | -See the baby. Again with the baby. -Who are they? | – 看宝宝,又是看宝宝 – 他们是谁啊? |
[10:41] | A guy who used to live in the building keeps calling us to see the baby. | 以前住这楼的一个朋友 她一直叫我们去看她宝宝 |
[10:45] | “You gotta see the baby. When are you gonna see the baby?” | “你得来看看宝宝 你们什么时候来看宝宝啊?” |
[10:48] | Can’t they just send us a tape? | 他们就不能寄盘录像带过来吗? |
[10:50] | Maybe if you wait a few months, it won’t be a baby anymore. | 也许你等上几个月 宝宝就已经长大喽 |
[10:52] | -Then you won’t have to see it. -Because he’ll be all grown-up. | – 那时你就不用去看了 – 因为他已经长大成人了 |
[10:55] | Yeah… | 是啊… |
[10:58] | Hey, Kramer, what do you think of this shirt? | 克莱默,你觉得这件衬衫怎么样? |
[11:06] | It’s too busy. | 让人眼花缭乱 |
[11:07] | You’re trying too hard to make an impression on him. | 你刻意想给对方留下好印象 |
[11:09] | -You’re not being yourself. -What guy? | – 你都不是你自己了 – 他要见谁啊? |
[11:12] | I know he’s just a guy, but I really like him. | 我知道他不过是个男人 但我真的很喜欢他 |
[11:16] | Who are you talking about? | 你们在说谁啊? |
[11:19] | Keith… Hernandez. | 基思…赫尔南德兹 |
[11:20] | Keith Hernandez? | 基思・赫尔南德兹? |
[11:23] | Keith Hernandez! | 基思・赫尔南德兹! |
[11:27] | Do me a favor, would you? Would you change lanes? | 劳驾,能不能变更一下车道? |
[11:29] | You gotta get out of this lane. This lane stinks. | 你得离开这条车道 这条道堵了 |
[11:31] | They’re all double-parked. Get out, I’m begging you. | 他们都并排停车了 离开这儿,我求你了 |
[11:34] | Please. Please! | 求你了,求你了! |
[11:40] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[11:42] | Bad mistake. My mistake. | 严重的错误,我的错 |
[11:44] | Go back. Your lane was better. Forget this lane. | 折回去,你刚才的那条道要好些 别管这条道儿了 |
[11:46] | This lane stinks. Go back to your lane. Go ahead. Bad mistake. | 这条道不好,还是返回你的那条道 走吧,我犯错了 |
[11:49] | Go! Go! Go! Make this light! Make this light! Oh, man! | 走!走!走啊!变灯前冲过去! 冲过去!哦,老天! |
[11:53] | That’s it! Get out! | 我受够你了!下车! |
[11:55] | -What do you mean, get out? -Get out of the cab! | – 你什么意思,下车? – 滚下车去! |
[11:57] | What? I’m not getting out of this cab. | 什么?我才不下车呢 |
[11:59] | No! No! You cannot throw me out! | 不!不!你不能把我拽出去! |
[12:02] | No! Get… | 不!放… |
[12:04] | Hello, Newman. | 你好,纽曼 |
[12:06] | I hate Keith Hernandez. | 我讨厌基思・赫尔南德兹 |
[12:07] | -Hate him! -I despise him. | – 恨他! – 我鄙视他 |
[12:10] | -Why? | -Why? I’ll tell you why. – 为什么? – 为什么?我告诉你为什么 |
[12:13] | -Let me tell her. -No, you can’t… | – 让我来告诉她 – 不,你别… |
[12:14] | -You always tell. -All right, tell it. | – 每次都是你说 – 好,你说吧 |
[12:16] | -Just tell it. -All right. | – 好吧,那你说 – 好 |
[12:19] | June 14th, 1987, Mets-Phillies. | 1987年6月14号 纽约大都会队vs费城队 |
[12:23] | We’re enjoying a beautiful afternoon in the right-field stands… | 那天我们正在右外场看台上 享受美好的下午时光… |
[12:26] | …when a crucial Hernandez error opens the door… | 这时赫尔南德兹犯了一个严重失误… |
[12:28] | …to a five-run Phillies ninth. Cost the Mets the game! | 在费城队第几局时失五分 直接导致了大都会队的失败 |
[12:31] | Our day was ruined. | 我们美好的一天就这样被毁了 |
[12:35] | There was a lot of people waiting by the players’ parking lot. | 有许多人在球员的停车位旁等候 |
[12:38] | Now we’re coming down the ramp. | 当时我们正从坡道上下来 |
[12:39] | Newman was in front of me. | 纽曼在我前面 |
[12:41] | Hernandez was coming toward us. | 赫尔南德兹正朝我们走来 |
[12:43] | As he passes us, Newman turns and says, “Nice game, pretty boy.” | 当他与我们擦肩而过时 纽曼转身对他说:“俊男,表现得真好啊” |
[12:51] | Hernandez continued past us up the ramp. | 赫尔南德兹继续经过我们走上坡道 |
[12:53] | Then, a second later, something happened… | 然后,不一会儿 发生了件事… |
[12:56] | …that changed us in a very deep and profound way… | 这件事对我们先前的看法产生了… |
[13:00] | …from that day forward. | 深刻而彻底的变化 |
[13:02] | -What was it? -He spit on us! | – 什么事儿? – 他向我们吐唾沫! |
[13:06] | And I screamed out, “I’m hit!” | 我大叫道,“我遭到攻击了!” |
[13:10] | Then I turned, and the spit ricocheted off him, and it hit me. | 然后我转过头去 那口痰从他那里弹了回来,打中了我 |
[13:17] | What a story. | 这故事真精彩 |
[13:19] | Unfortunately, the immutable laws of physics contradict… | 不幸的是,永恒的物理定律… |
[13:22] | …the whole premise of your account. | 与你所描述的前提是相矛盾的 |
[13:24] | Allow me to reconstruct this, if I may, for Ms. Benes… | 请允许我把你所讲的情景 向贝尼斯女士重现一下… |
[13:27] | …as I’ve heard this story a number of times. | 因为这故事我听过好多次了 |
[13:30] | Newman, Kramer, if you’ll indulge me. | 纽曼,克莱默 如果你们允许的话 |
[13:33] | According to your story… | 根据你们所讲… |
[13:35] | …Hernandez passes you and starts walking up the ramp. | 赫尔南德兹经过你们 开始朝那个坡道走上去 |
[13:38] | Then you say you were struck… | 然后你说你的右太阳穴… |
[13:41] | …on the right temple. | 受到攻击 |
[13:44] | The spit then proceeds to ricochet… | 然后那口痰从右太阳穴做了一个反弹… |
[13:46] | …off the temple, striking Newman between the third and the fourth rib. | 正好击中纽曼的第三和第四肋骨之间 |
[13:53] | The spit then came off the rib… | 然后痰又离开肋骨… |
[13:55] | …made a right turn, hitting Newman in the right wrist… | 一个右转弯 正好又击中纽曼的右手腕… |
[14:00] | …causing him to drop his baseball cap. | 害他放掉了手里的棒球帽 |
[14:04] | The spit then splashed off the wrist, pauses… | 之后那口痰从右腕溅开… |
[14:07] | …in midair, mind you… | 停在了半空中 别介意我做下慢动作演示… |
[14:10] | …makes a left turn and lands on Newman’s left thigh. | 又左转,最后落在了纽曼的左大腿上 |
[14:17] | That is one magic loogie. | 这口痰真是太神奇了! |
[14:28] | Well, that’s the way it happened. | 事情就是这样的 |
[14:30] | What happened to your head when you got hit? | 你遭到攻击时你的头是怎么样的? |
[14:33] | Well, my head… | 哦,我的头… |
[14:35] | …went back, to the left. | …倒向左后方 |
[14:36] | -Say that again. -Back and to the left. | – 再说一遍 – 倒向左后方 |
[14:40] | Back and to the left. | 倒向左后方 |
[14:43] | Back and to the left. | 倒向左后方 |
[14:46] | So, what are you saying? | 你想说什么? |
[14:48] | I’m saying… | 我是说… |
[14:49] | …that the spit could not have come from behind. | 那口痰不可能来自他后面 |
[14:54] | That there had to have been a second spitter. | 吐痰的肯定是其他人 |
[15:04] | Behind the bushes, on the gravelly road. | 就在灌木丛后面的碎石路上 |
[15:07] | If the spitter was behind you, as you claim… | 如果如你所说 吐痰的人在你后方… |
[15:09] | …that would’ve caused your head to pitch forward. | …那就会导致你的头向前倾 |
[15:14] | So the spit could’ve only come from the front and to the right. | 所以痰只可能来自克莱默的右前方 |
[15:18] | But that’s not what they would have you believe. | 但这不是他们想要的结论 |
[15:22] | I’m leaving. | 我走了 |
[15:24] | Jerry’s a nut. | 杰瑞是个呆子 |
[15:26] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等,等等 |
[15:28] | The sad thing is, we may never know the real truth. | 可悲的是 我们可能永远都不会知道事情真相 |
[15:38] | Did anybody call asking for Vandalay Industries? | 有人打电话询问范德莱工业的事情吗? |
[15:40] | -No, what happened to you? -All right, listen closely: | – 没有,你怎么了? – 那就好,听好: |
[15:43] | I was at the unemployment office. | 我当时在失业办公室 |
[15:46] | I told them I was very close to getting a job with Vandalay Industries… | 我告诉他们我差点就能 在范德莱工业找到工作… |
[15:49] | …and I gave them your phone number. So when the phone rings… | 我把你的电话号码给了他们 所以电话响时… |
[15:52] | …you have to answer, “Vandalay Industries.” | 你得这样回答,“范德莱工业” |
[15:55] | -I’m Vandalay Industries? -Right. | – 我成了范德莱工业的人? – 是的 |
[15:57] | -What is that? -You’re in latex. | – 是做什么的? – 做乳胶 |
[15:59] | -Latex? -Right. | – 乳胶? – 嗯 |
[16:01] | -What do I do with latex? -I don’t know! You manufacture it! | – 我怎么做乳胶? – 我不知道!就当你生产乳胶好了! |
[16:04] | -Right here in this little apartment? -And what do I say about you? | – 就在这么个小公寓里? – 那我该说你什么? |
[16:08] | You’re considering hiring me for your latex salesman. | 你正在考虑雇佣我 当你们的乳胶销售 |
[16:11] | -I’ll hire you as my latex salesman? -Right. | – 我要雇你帮我做乳胶销售? – 对 |
[16:13] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这样认为 |
[16:17] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那样做? |
[16:19] | Because I asked you to. | 因为我要求你做啊 |
[16:22] | If you think I’m looking for someone to just sit… | 如果你认为我是在找一个仅仅是坐着… |
[16:24] | …pushing papers around, you can forget it. | 翻翻报纸的人,还是算了吧 |
[16:27] | I’ve got enough headaches just trying to manufacture the stuff. | 生产这些东西就让我够头疼的了 |
[16:33] | -Yeah? -It’s Keith. | – 哪位? – 我是基思 |
[16:35] | All right, we’re coming down. | 好的,我们马上下来 |
[16:36] | Keith Hernandez? | 基思・赫尔南德兹? |
[16:38] | -Yeah. Come on, Elaine, let’s go. -Where are you going? | – 是啊,快,伊莲,咋们走 – 你们去哪里啊? |
[16:40] | They’re giving me a ride downtown. | 他们捎我一程,我去市区 |
[16:42] | You know, there had to have been a second spitter. Who was it? | 你知道,吐痰的肯定另有其人 会是谁呢? |
[16:45] | Who had the motive? | 谁会有作案动机呢? |
[16:46] | That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out the past five years. | 这是我过去五年内一直在思索的问题 |
[16:49] | What the hell are you two talking about? | 你们俩究竟在说什么呢? |
[16:53] | -That was really fun. Thanks. -Yeah, it really was. | – 谢谢你,我过得很愉快 – 是啊,我也很开心 |
[16:56] | Should I shak e his hand? | 我该跟他握手道别吗? |
[16:59] | Well… | 呃… |
[17:01] | You want to catch a movie this weekend? | 想不想周末去看场电影? |
[17:02] | Have you seen JFK? | 你看过《惊天大刺杀》没? |
[17:06] | No, I haven’t. | 没,还没看过 |
[17:08] | This week end. Wow! | 哇哦,这个周末 |
[17:11] | Sure. That would be great. | 当然好,我很乐意去 |
[17:14] | Damn. I was too overanxious. He must have noticed that. | 妈的,我太操之过急了 他一定察觉到了 |
[17:18] | I mean, if you want to. | 我的意思是,如果你想去的话 |
[17:20] | -Well, how about this Friday? -Yeah, Friday’s okay. | – 那么这周五如何? – 嗯,周五可以 |
[17:23] | Go ahead, shak e his hand. I’m Jerry Seinfeld. | 快,和他握手,我可是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[17:26] | I’ve been on The Tonight Show. | 我可是上过《今夜脱口秀》的人啊 |
[17:30] | Well, good night. | 好,晚安 |
[17:32] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[17:33] | Oh, Jer, by the way… | 对了,杰瑞… |
[17:35] | …the woman we gave a ride to earlier… | 之前我们搭载的那位女士… |
[17:37] | -Elaine. -Yeah. | – 她是伊莲 – 就是她 |
[17:39] | -What’s her story? -I don’t know. We used to go out. | – 她有男朋友吗? – 我不清楚,我们以前是男女朋友 |
[17:42] | Would you mind if I gave her a call? | 你介意我打电话给她吗? |
[17:45] | -For a date? -Yeah. | – 跟她约会? – 是啊 |
[17:47] | Oh, no… | 哦,不介意… |
[17:49] | Go ahead. | 尽管打 |
[17:51] | You got a pen? | 有笔吗? |
[17:52] | You sure you don’t mind? | 你真的不介意? |
[18:04] | So then we went to dinner. | 之后我们去吃晚饭 |
[18:06] | -Who paid? -We split it. | – 谁埋单了? – 我们各掏一半 |
[18:08] | Split it. Pretty good. | 各一半,非常好 |
[18:09] | -Did you talk about game six? -No. I gotta wait until it’s the right time. | – 你们谈到第六局比赛了吗? – 没,这个我得等到合适的时间再提 |
[18:16] | -Yeah? -It’s Elaine. | – 谁? – 我是伊莲 |
[18:18] | Come on up. | 上来 |
[18:19] | So then what? | 然后呢? |
[18:21] | Nothing. Then he took me home. | 没什么了,他送我回来 |
[18:23] | Shake his hand? | 和他握手了吗? |
[18:26] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:27] | What kind of a shake does he have? | 握手时他是哪种姿势啊? |
[18:30] | Good shake. Perfect shake. | 不错的握手,很好的握手 |
[18:31] | Single pump, not too hard. | 简单一握,用力适当 |
[18:34] | Didn’t have to prove anything, but firm enough to know he was there. | 虽然不需要证明什么 不过足够能让你感觉到他的存在 |
[18:38] | So… | 那么… |
[18:40] | …you’re gonna see him again? | 你还会和他见面吗? |
[18:44] | He asked me if I was doing anything Friday night. | 他问我周五晚有事没 |
[18:47] | The weekend! | 就这周末! |
[18:50] | So then, as I was getting out of the car… | 然后,当我准备下车时… |
[18:53] | -Hi! -Oh, hi, Elaine. | – 好啊! – 你好,伊莲 |
[18:54] | Hi, Elaine. | 嗨,伊莲 |
[18:56] | So how was your date? | 你的约会如何啊? |
[18:59] | What date? It’s a guy. | 什么约会?他是个男的 |
[19:01] | So you know… He called me. | 你知道… 他给我打电话了 |
[19:04] | -Already? -Keith called you? | – 已经打过了? – 基思给你打电话了? |
[19:08] | This guy really gets around. | 这家伙还真会左右逢源 |
[19:13] | -Do you mind? -No, I don’t mind. Why should I mind? | – 你介意吗? – 不,不介意,我为什么要介意? |
[19:18] | What did he say? | 他说什么了? |
[19:19] | He asked me out for Saturday night. | 他约我周六晚上出去 |
[19:22] | -You going? -No. | – 你去吗? – 不去 |
[19:23] | -I told him I was busy. -Oh, really? | – 我告诉他周六我很忙 – 是吗? |
[19:25] | So we’re going out Friday. | 所以我们周五晚上出去 |
[19:33] | -Friday? -Yeah. | – 周五? – 是啊 |
[19:36] | He’s going out with you on Friday? | 他周五晚上和你出去? |
[19:38] | -Yeah? -He’s supposed to see me on Friday. | – 有问题吗? – 他周五约了我啊 |
[19:43] | -I didn’t know. -We made plans! | – 我不知道 – 我们都说好了! |
[19:47] | -Well… I’ll cancel it. -No, don’t cancel it. | – 那我就取消 – 不,别取消 |
[19:50] | Well, this is a little awkward, isn’t it? | 这让你有点难堪,不是吗? |
[19:53] | Well, frankly, it is. | 说实话,是有点 |
[19:57] | I’ve never seen you jealous before. | 我可从没见你吃过醋啊 |
[19:59] | Well, you’re not even a fan. I was at game six. | 你连个粉丝都不是 他第六局比赛我都去现场看了 |
[20:01] | You didn’t even watch it. | 你连看都没看过 |
[20:03] | Wait a second. Wait a minute. | 等等,等一下 |
[20:04] | Are you jealous of him or are you jealous of me? | 你是嫉妒他还是嫉妒我? |
[20:14] | Any Hennigan’s around here? | 这儿有爱尔兰威士忌吗? |
[20:23] | Vandalay Industries. | 范德莱工业 |
[20:27] | Kell Varnsen speaking. | 我是凯尔・范森 |
[20:30] | May we help you? | 有什么可以帮您的? |
[20:32] | Oh, hi, Keith. No, I was just joking around. | 哦,你好,基思 没,刚才和你开玩笑呢 |
[20:36] | No, no, I don’t mind at all. | 不,不,我一点都不介意 |
[20:38] | -No, no, no. I can cancel. -Sure. We’ll do something next week. | – 不,别,别,我可以取消 – 好,我们下周再聚吧 |
[20:41] | No, it’s no problem at all. | 不,根本不成问题 |
[20:43] | Okay. Take it easy. | 好的,放心好了 |
[20:46] | That was Keith. We’re gonna do something next week. | 是基思,我们下周再聚 |
[20:49] | Hey, what are you doing Friday night? | 嗨,你周五晚上有空吗? |
[20:51] | Friday night? Nothing. Now. | 周五晚上?现在空了 |
[20:54] | Want to come to see the baby? | 要不要一起去看宝宝? |
[20:56] | Oh, fasten your seat belts. We’re going to see the baby. | 噢,系好安全带 我们要去看宝宝了 |
[21:00] | If you don’t see the baby now, you’re never gonna see her. | 你现在不去 就再也看不到了 |
[21:03] | -All right, I’ll go. -All right. All right. | – 好吧,我去 – 好,行 |
[21:17] | I’ll get it. | 我来接 |
[21:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:22] | What-delay Industries? | 什么-德莱工业? |
[21:24] | -No! -Vandalay! | – 不! – 范德莱! |
[21:25] | Say Vandalay! | 快说范德莱! |
[21:26] | No, you’re way, way, way off! | 不,你,错得离谱了! |
[21:29] | Yeah, that’s the right number, but this is an apartment. | 是,号码是对的,但这里是公寓 |
[21:31] | -No, say… -Vandalay! Say… | – 不,说… – 范德莱,快说… |
[21:34] | Vandalay Industries! | 范德莱工业! |
[21:37] | Yeah, no problem, no problem. | 好的,没关系,没关系 |
[21:44] | How did you know who they wanted?! | 你怎么知道他们要找谁啊?! |
[21:54] | And you want to be my latex salesman. | 就你还想做我的乳胶销售呢! |
[22:04] | Just sign here, please. | 请在这儿签字 |
[22:05] | I know who it was too. It was the guy that interviewed me. | 我也知道他是谁 就是面试我的家伙 |
[22:08] | He was very threatened by me. Why else wouldn’t he hire me? | 我威胁过他 你以为他为什么不雇佣我呢? |
[22:11] | -I could sell latex like that. -Just sign that. | – 我可以像那样来推销乳胶 – 签字就可以了 |
[22:23] | -Who is this? -It’s my daughter. | – 这是谁? – 是我女儿 |
[22:27] | This is your daughter? | 这是你女儿? |
[22:30] | My God! | 天哪! |
[22:34] | I hope you don’t mind my saying, she is breathtaking. | 希望你不介意我这么说 她简直美呆了 |
[22:39] | You think so? | 你这样认为? |
[22:42] | Would you take this picture away from me? Just take it away. | 你能把照片从我这拿走吗? 快拿走 |
[22:45] | Get it out of here. Take it away, and put it away. | 不要放在这里,拿走,放到别的地方 |
[22:47] | Let me just sign this and go. | 让我签完字就走 |
[22:49] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[22:51] | …she doesn’t even have a boyfriend. | …她现在还没男朋友呢 |
[22:54] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧,好吧 |
[22:56] | Who do you think you’re talking to? | 你以为你在和谁说话啊? |
[22:58] | You trying to make a joke, Mrs. Sokol? It’s not funny. | 你想开我玩笑吗,索科尔夫人? 但这一点都不可笑 |
[23:01] | I can tell you that. | 我可以告诉你 |
[23:03] | I’m serious. She doesn’t. | 我说真的,她没男朋友 |
[23:05] | You know, it’s one thing to not give me the extension. | 你不给我延期时是一回事 |
[23:08] | But to tease and to torture me like this… | 但像这样戏弄我,折磨我… |
[23:11] | …there’s no call for that. | 这样绝对不行 |
[23:13] | Would you like her phone number? | 你想要她的电话号码吗? |
[23:18] | Mrs. Sokol, I don’t know what to say. | 索科尔夫人,我真不知该说什么好 |
[23:22] | -Where should I sign this thing? -No, no, no, no. Don’t worry about it. | – 我该在哪里签字啊? – 不,不,不,别,先别担心这个 |
[23:28] | Unemployment, it’s a tough thing. | 失业是件很棘手的事 |
[23:30] | Even if you get a job after you’ve been unemployed… | 即使你在失业后得到了一份工作… |
[23:33] | …they take unemployment out of your check every week… | 他们还是会在你每周的薪水支票上 写上“失业”二字… |
[23:36] | …and show it to you in that little box. | 然后摆放到你面前 |
[23:40] | How good can it be for your confidence that every paycheck… | 面对每张支票上都出现的“失业”二字… |
[23:43] | …has the word “unemployment” on it? | 你的自信心能支撑多久? |
[23:47] | Can’t get it out of your mind! You just got the job! | 他们就是不愿意让你摆脱这个阴影! 你明明刚得到工作! |
[23:50] | They’re already getting ready for you to be laid off. | 他们已经准备要解雇你了 |
[23:52] | I have a friend who’s unemployed. | 我有一个失业的朋友 |
[23:54] | He’s collecting unemployment insurance. | 他在索取失业保险金 |
[23:56] | This guy has never worked this hard in his life to keep this thing going. | 这家伙从来没有如此卖命过 |
[24:02] | He’s down there every week waiting on the lines and getting interviewed… | 他每周都会去失业办公室 排长队,不停参加面试… |
[24:07] | …and making up all these lies about looking for jobs. | 然后编造一堆找工作的谎言 |
[24:10] | If they had any idea the effort and energy that he is expending… | 如果那帮人知道他为了避免得到工作 而付出的努力和精力… |
[24:15] | …to avoid work, I’m sure they’d give him a raise. I’m sure of it. | 我敢肯定,他们会给他加钱的 |
[24:19] | The guy is doing a tremendous job… | 这家伙花费了大把力气… |
[24:22] | …not working. | …逃避再就业 |
[24:26] | So tell me more about this game six. | 告诉我更多关于第六局比赛的事儿 |
[24:28] | Well, there was two outs, bottom of the tenth. | 第十局快结束时 我们已经有2个出局了 |
[24:31] | We’re one out away from losing the series. | 再一个出局我们就要输掉比赛了 |
[24:41] | Hello. How are you? | 你好,你过得好吗? |
[24:45] | So, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样? |
[24:48] | Do you love her? | 你们喜欢她吗? |
[24:50] | Yes, I do love her. | 是的,我很喜欢她 |
[24:53] | You have a very nice place here. | 你的小窝很漂亮 |
[24:56] | So who do you think she looks like? | 那你们觉得她长得比较像谁呢? |
[24:58] | Lyndon Johnson. | 林登・约翰逊 |
[25:00] | What? Lyndon Johnson? | 什么? 林登・约翰逊? |
[25:03] | He’s joking. | 他是开玩笑的 |
[25:04] | No, I’m not joking. She looks like Lyndon Johnson. | 不,我没有开玩笑 她确实长得像林登・约翰逊 |
[25:07] | Jerry, I can’t believe it took you so long to see the baby. | 杰瑞,我无法相信你居然 过了那么久才来看孩子 |
[25:11] | I kept saying to Michael, “When is Jerry going to see the baby?” | 我一直问迈克 “杰瑞什么时候过来看孩子?” |
[25:14] | I was saying the same thing. | 我也经常这么问自己 |
[25:16] | Take a picture. Michael, get the camera. | 我们来照个相吧 迈克,去拿相机 |
[25:19] | -You don’t have to take a picture. -I don’t know where it is. | – 不用照相了 – 我不知道照相机在哪里? |
[25:22] | It’s in the bottom drawer of our dresser. | 它就在我们衣柜最底层的抽屉里面 |
[25:25] | Hurry up! | 快点儿! |
[25:28] | He’s such an idiot. | 真是个白痴 |
[25:31] | Jerry, you want to pick her up? | 杰瑞,你想抱抱她吗? |
[25:34] | -I better not. -I’ll pick her up. | – 我想还是不要了 – 我来抱她 |
[25:36] | No! | 不! |
[25:38] | Thank you for a wonderful time, George. | 谢谢你陪我过了一个 美妙的夜晚,乔治 |
[25:41] | Glad you enjoyed it. | 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[25:43] | I haven’t had a Big Mac in a long time. | 我已经很久没有吃巨无霸了 |
[25:46] | Billions and billions. | 很久很久 |
[25:49] | Would you like to come up? | 你打算上楼吗? |
[25:52] | Would I like to come up? | 我是不是打算上楼? |
[25:54] | I would love to come up. | 我本想上楼的 |
[25:57] | I’m… I’m fighting not to. | 我…我强迫自己不要上楼 |
[25:58] | Fighting. | 强迫 |
[26:01] | Unfortunately, I… | 不幸的是,我… |
[26:03] | …have to get an early start tomorrow. Gotta get up and hit that pavement. | …我明天需要早起,起床上路 |
[26:07] | But it’s Saturday. All the offices are closed. | 可是明天是星期六 所有公司都关门 |
[26:11] | I got me an appointment with a hardware store. | 我和五金商店有约了 |
[26:14] | I’m not saying I want to do it for the rest of my life… | 我并不是说我想一直做这份工作… |
[26:17] | …but hardware fascinates me. | …但是五金工具使我入迷 |
[26:19] | Wouldn’t you love to make a key? | 你难道不喜欢给自己配把钥匙吗? |
[26:24] | Will you call me as soon as you get home? | 你到家会马上给我打电话吗? |
[26:28] | -Tonight? -Yes. | – 今晚? – 是的 |
[26:30] | Will I call you when I get home? What do you think? | 我到家会马上给你打电话吗? 你觉得呢? |
[26:36] | You kill me. You really kill me. | 你笑死我了,你真的笑死我了 |
[26:41] | Well, good night. | 晚安 |
[26:48] | It was an accident. Right, Jerry? | It was an accident. 这是个意外,对吧,杰瑞? 这是个意外 |
[26:51] | Oh, she’s gonna be all right. | 她马上就不哭了 |
[26:54] | Here, baby. Here. | Here, baby. 看这儿,宝贝,看这儿 看这儿,宝贝 |
[26:57] | Baby, baby, baby. Who’s the baby? | 宝贝,宝贝,宝贝 这宝贝是谁? |
[27:00] | I have a friend who’s got a baby. | 我有个朋友现在有了孩子 |
[27:03] | “Gotta see the baby. | “过来看看孩子” |
[27:05] | You’ve got to come over and see the baby. “ | “你必须得抽空来看看我的孩子” |
[27:11] | Nobody ever wants you to come over and see their grandfather, do they? | 没有人会想要你特地来拜访 他们的祖父,不是吗? |
[27:14] | “You’ve got to see my grandfather. You’ve got to see him. | “你必须要来看看我的祖父 来看看他” |
[27:17] | He’s so cute. | “他真的很可爱” |
[27:19] | 168 pounds, 4 ounces. I love them when they’re this age. | “体重有165磅4盎司,他们这个 年纪的时候我最喜欢了” |
[27:25] | He’s 1000 months. | “有1000个月大” |
[27:26] | You know, the mid-80s is such a good time for the grand-people. | “80多岁对于老人来说 实在是个美好的时光” |
[27:30] | The mid-80s, you gotta see them. | “你去看望80多岁的老人” |
[27:32] | He went to the bathroom by himself today. “ | “他今天自己去上厕所了” |
[27:36] | You know what’s tough about seeing people when they have a baby… | 去探望刚有孩子的人的时候 最麻烦的就是… |
[27:40] | …is that you have to match their level of enthusiasm. | …你必须要配合他们的热情程度 |
[27:43] | You know what I mean? They’re always so excited. | 你知道我在说什么 他们总是非常兴奋 |
[27:45] | “What do you think of him?” | “你觉得他怎么样啊?” |
[27:47] | I’d like to meet a couple that goes: | 我曾经见过一对这样的夫妇: |
[27:49] | “You know, we’re not that happy with him, frankly. | “坦白地说,我们有了他之后 并不怎么开心” |
[27:52] | I think we really made a big mistake. We should have got an aquarium. | “我们真的犯了一个大错误 我们本来应该买一个金鱼缸的” |
[27:56] | You want him? We don’t even want him. You want him? “ | “你想要他吗?我们不想要他 你想要他吗?” |
[28:01] | Thanks for a nice evening. This was really fun. | 今晚过得很开心,真的很有意思 真谢谢你 |
[28:04] | Yeah, it was. | 是啊,的确 |
[28:06] | Gosh, should I kiss her good night? | 上帝,我到底是不是要 给她一个晚安吻呢? |
[28:10] | Is he going to try and kiss me? | 他是不是想来吻我呢? |
[28:13] | -I love Cajun cooking. -Really? | – 我很喜欢肯琼菜 – 真的吗? |
[28:16] | You know, my mom’s one-quarter Cajun. | 我母亲有四分之一肯琼血统 |
[28:18] | Oh, my father’s half-drunk. | 我父亲有二分之一醉鬼血统 |
[28:24] | Maybe they should get together. | 或许他们应该在一起 |
[28:26] | Go ahead. Kiss her. | 上吧,吻她 |
[28:28] | I’m a baseball player, damn it. | 我是一个棒球手,该死的 |
[28:32] | What’s he waiting for? | 他到底在等什么呢? |
[28:33] | I thought he was a cool guy. | 我还以为他很酷 |
[28:37] | Come on. I won the MVP in ’79. I can do whatever I want to. | 快啊,我是79年的MVP(最佳球员) 我能做任何我想做的事 |
[28:43] | Well, this is getting awkward. | 这气氛真尴尬 |
[28:47] | Well, good night. | 晚安 |
[28:49] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[28:56] | Who does this guy think he is? | 这家伙以为自己是谁? |
[28:59] | I’m Keith Hernandez. | 我就是凯斯・埃尔南德斯 |
[29:03] | Who else? | 还有谁? |
[29:05] | Mookie. Mookie was there. | 穆奇,穆奇也在那里 |
[29:07] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[29:10] | Well, I don’t know him. I know who he is. | 我不认识他,但是我知道他是谁 |
[29:13] | He’s such a great guy. You should meet him. | 他实在是个好小伙子 你真应该见见他 |
[29:16] | -He’s the one who got that hit… -I know. He got the hit in game six! | – 他就是那个击出了… – 我知道,他在第六局击出了那一棒! |
[29:21] | So then what happened? | 然后发生了什么? |
[29:23] | Nothing. Then he took me home. | 什么都没有,他就送我回家了 |
[29:27] | So did you two… | 那你们两个有没有… |
[29:31] | …have…? | …有…? |
[29:34] | What? | 什么? |
[29:37] | You know. | 你知道我在说什么 |
[29:39] | Milk? | 牛奶? |
[29:43] | -No. -Cookies? | – 不是 – 饼干? |
[29:48] | Did he kiss you good night? | 他昨晚有吻你吗? |
[29:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:52] | What do you mean, you don’t know? | 什么意思,你不知道? |
[29:55] | All right. He kissed me, okay? | 好吧,他吻了我,满意了? |
[29:58] | Well, what kind of a kiss? | 哪一种吻? |
[30:00] | Was it a peck? Was it a kiss? Was it a long make-out thing? | 是轻轻吻一下?是一般亲吻? 是缠绵热吻? |
[30:04] | Between a peck and a make-out. | 在轻吻和热吻之间 |
[30:08] | So you like him. | 你喜欢上他了 |
[30:10] | I don’t understand. Before you were jealous of me. | 我不明白,之前你妒忌我 |
[30:12] | Now you’re jealous of him? | 现在你在妒忌他? |
[30:14] | I’m jealous of everybody. | 我妒忌每一个人 |
[30:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[30:23] | Oh, hi. What’s happening? | 怎么了? |
[30:26] | What? | 什么? |
[30:31] | Sure. | 当然 |
[30:34] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[30:35] | Then… I’ll see you then. | 那么…待会儿见 |
[30:38] | Yeah, yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[30:39] | Bye. | 再见 |
[30:41] | -Who was that? -That was Keith. | – 谁来的电话? – 凯斯 |
[30:44] | -What’s going on? -He wants me to help him move. | – 怎么了? – 他想让我帮他去搬家 |
[30:49] | Help him move? | 帮他搬家? |
[30:51] | Move what? | 搬什么? |
[30:53] | You know, furniture. | 家具 |
[30:57] | So, what did you say? | 那你怎么说? |
[30:58] | I said, yes, but I don’t feel right about it. | 我说,好的 但我觉得有点儿不对劲 |
[31:01] | I mean, I hardly know the guy. | 我的意思是,我和他并不熟 |
[31:03] | That’s a big step in a male relationship. | 这在男人和男人之间是很大一步 |
[31:06] | The biggest. That’s like going all the way. | 最大的一步 就好像是那种关系一样 |
[31:12] | And you feel you’re not really ready for… | 你觉得你还没有做好准备… |
[31:14] | Well, we went out one time. | 我们只出去过一次 |
[31:16] | Don’t you think that’s coming on a little too strong? | 你难道不觉得进展得 |
[31:20] | Hey. | 有那么点儿太快了 |
[31:24] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[31:26] | Keith Hernandez just asked me to help him move. | 凯斯・埃尔南德斯刚才打电话 叫我去帮忙搬家 |
[31:28] | What? | 什么? |
[31:31] | Well, you hardly know the guy. | 你根本和他不熟 |
[31:36] | What a nerve! | 真麻烦! |
[31:37] | You see? Wasn’t I right about this guy? Didn’t I tell you? | 我没说错吧?我告诉过你吧? |
[31:41] | Oh, you’re not gonna do it, are you? | 你不会答应,是吧? |
[31:44] | -I said, yes. -You said yes?! | – 我说,好的 – 你说好的?! |
[31:47] | Don’t you have any pride or self-respect? | 你就没有一点自尊和骄傲吗? |
[31:50] | I mean, how can you prostitute yourself like this? | 你怎么可以这么作践你自己? |
[31:54] | Are you gonna start driving him to the airport? | 你准备怎么做?开车送他去机场? |
[31:56] | I’m not driving him to the airport. | 我不是送他去机场 |
[31:58] | Oh, boy. I don’t know. | 随便 |
[32:00] | -Kramer, do me a favor, would you? -What? | – 克莱默,帮我个忙好吗? – 什么? |
[32:03] | Don’t mention it to anybody. | 不要和任何人提起这件事 |
[32:04] | I wish you never mentioned it to me. | 我希望你从来没 和我提起这件事情 |
[32:18] | I had a great time tonight, Carrie. | 今晚过得真愉快,凯莉 |
[32:20] | And I will call you as soon as I get home. | 我会一到家就给你打电话 |
[32:22] | Don’t bother. | 不用麻烦了 |
[32:25] | Bother? What kind of bother? | 麻烦?什么麻烦? |
[32:26] | I would prefer it if you didn’t. | 我更希望你不要打电话给我 |
[32:29] | -Why? Is anything wrong? -It’s over, buddy. Done. | – 为什么,有什么不对吗? – 结束了,伙计,完了 |
[32:32] | Finished. So long. Goodbye. Adios. Sayonara. | 我们结束了,再会,再见 拜拜,撒由那拉 |
[32:38] | -Why? -I’ve been thinking about it. | – 为什么? – 我仔细想过了 |
[32:40] | You got no job. You got no prospects. | 你没有工作,没有志向 |
[32:42] | You’re like Biff Loman. | 你就像彼伏・洛曼 (《推销员之死》主人公) |
[32:46] | I went to the hardware store interview. | 我有去五金店应征 |
[32:48] | You think I’m going to spend my life with somebody… | 你认为我会因为别人 送我一盒钉子… |
[32:51] | …because he can get me a deal on a box of nails? | …而和他度过下半生? |
[32:55] | I thought we were a team. | 我以为我们志同道合 |
[32:57] | If I ever need a drill bit, I’ll call you. | 如果我要买转头 我会打电话给你 |
[33:00] | Carrie, could you do me a favor? | 凯莉,能不能帮个忙? |
[33:02] | Could you not mention this to your mother? | 能不能不要把这个事情 告诉你母亲? |
[33:06] | You know, I hate to brag… | 我不喜欢炫耀… |
[33:10] | …but I did win 11 straight Gold Gloves. | …但我真的得过11次金手套奖 |
[33:12] | I wouldn’t have brought it up, but since you mentioned it. | 如果不是你提起 我本来不会说的 |
[33:15] | I didn’t mention it. | 我没有提起过 |
[33:18] | Well, I won them anyway. | 不管怎样,我得过 |
[33:20] | Well, so what? I mean… | 那么,我想… |
[33:23] | …you played first base. | …你是一垒手 |
[33:25] | I mean, they always put the worst player at first base. | 人们总是把最差的球手放在一垒 |
[33:27] | That’s where they put me, and I stunk. | 所以他们把我放在这个位置 我水平很臭 |
[33:31] | Elaine, you don’t know the first thing about first base. | 伊莲,你一点不了解一垒重要性 |
[33:36] | Well, I know something about getting to first base… | 我知道怎么走到一垒… |
[33:39] | …and I know you’ll never be there. | …我知道你永远不会在那里 |
[33:42] | The way I figure it, I’ve already been there. | 我觉得,我早就在那里了 |
[33:44] | And I plan on rounding second tonight at around 11:00. | 我打算今晚11点上二垒 |
[33:49] | Well, I’d watch the third-base coach if I were you… | 如果我是你,我会看着三垒指导员… (暗指一起回家) |
[33:53] | …because I don’t think he’s waving you in. | …因为我认为他不会示意你这么做 |
[33:59] | You know, I hate to say this… | 我不想这么说… |
[34:02] | …but I really think that we’re hitting it off. | …但是我真的觉得我们两个很合适 |
[34:04] | -Get it? Get it? -Clever. | – 明白吗?明白吗? – 真聪明 |
[34:10] | -What are you doing? -What’s that? | – 你在干什么? – 什么? |
[34:13] | -You smoke? -Yeah. | – 你抽烟? – 是的 |
[34:16] | I didn’t know you smoked. | 我不知道你抽烟 |
[34:19] | Is that a problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[34:26] | She likes him. I mean, she really likes him. | 她喜欢他 她真的喜欢上他了 |
[34:28] | -How do you know? -Who wouldn’t like him? | – 你怎么知道? – 谁会不喜欢他呢? |
[34:30] | I like him, and I’m a guy. | 我是个男人我都喜欢他 |
[34:32] | I suppose he’s an attractive man. | 我想他是一个很有吸引力的男人 |
[34:35] | Forget that. He’s a ballplayer. MVP, 1979. | 算了吧,他是一个球员 1979年的MVP |
[34:38] | I’m making wisecracks in some nightclub. This guy was in game six. | 我只是在夜总会里说笑话 这个人参加了第六场比赛 |
[34:42] | They’re a perfect match. They go together. | 他们实在太般配了 他们同进同出 |
[34:44] | Like one of these brother and sister couples that look alike. | 就像一对哥哥妹妹 |
[34:47] | I hate those couples. I could never be one of those couples. | 我讨厌那些成双成对的 我没办法成双成对 |
[34:50] | There are no bald women around, you know. | 周围没有秃头的女人 |
[34:55] | I know this sounds a little arrogant, but I never thought she’d find… | 也许这话听上去有点狂妄 但是我没有想到她能找到… |
[34:59] | …someone she liked better than me. But, you know… | …一个喜欢的人,比我还优秀 |
[35:01] | …I guess I had my chance. And that’s that. | 但是我有过机会,也就那样罢了 |
[35:04] | You know what I’d like to do? | 你知道我喜欢做什么吗? |
[35:06] | I’d really like to have sex with a tall woman. | 我真的喜欢和高挑的女人上床 |
[35:09] | I mean really tall, like a giant. Like 6’5″. | 真的很高,像巨人一样 大概6英尺5英寸高 |
[35:13] | Really? | 真的? |
[35:15] | What was the tallest woman you ever slept with? | 你睡过的最高的女人是谁? |
[35:17] | I don’t know, 6’3″. | 我不记得了,6英尺3英寸 |
[35:19] | Wow! God! | 上帝! |
[35:22] | See, this is all I think about: Sleeping with a giant. | 这就是我想要的,和巨人睡觉 |
[35:26] | It’s my life’s ambition. | 这就是我人生的追求 |
[35:28] | So I guess it’s fair to say you’ve set different goals for yourself than… | 我想可以这么说 你的人生目标和爱迪生… |
[35:32] | …say, Thomas Edison, Magellan, these type of people. | …麦哲伦这类人的大相径庭 |
[35:35] | Magellan? You like Magellan? | 麦哲伦?你崇拜麦哲伦? |
[35:37] | Oh, yeah. My favorite explorer. Around the world. Come on. | 当然,我最喜欢的探险家 环游世界 |
[35:41] | -Who do you like? -I like de Soto. | – 你喜欢谁? – 我喜欢德索托 |
[35:44] | -De Soto? What did he do? -Discovered the Mississippi. | – 德索托?他有什么丰功伟绩? – 发现了密西西比河 |
[35:46] | Oh, like they wouldn’t have found that anyway. | 他们没发现又能怎么样? |
[35:51] | All right. I gotta go down to the unemployment office. | 好吧,我要去失业保险计划处 |
[35:54] | -You want to take a walk? -No, I got some stuff to do. | – 一起走吗? – 不,我还有事儿 |
[35:56] | I gotta meet Keith at my apartment at 3. I’m helping him move. | 我约了凯斯三点钟 在我的公寓碰面,帮他搬家 |
[36:00] | What? | 什么? |
[36:02] | The guy asked you to help him move? Wow! | 那人让你帮他搬家? |
[36:05] | -I know. Isn’t that something? -Why doesn’t he just pay a mover? | – 我明白,是不是有点那个? – 他有的是钱 为什么不找搬运工呢? |
[36:08] | He’s got some valuable antiques. He’s worried they’ll break something. | 他有些值钱的古董,担心 搬运工可能会把东西弄坏 |
[36:13] | Soon he’ll have you driving him to the airport. | 接下来他会让你开车送他去机场 |
[36:15] | I’m not driving him to the airport! | 我不会送他去机场的! |
[36:22] | I gave. I gave everything I could, Mrs. Sokol. | 我给了,我已经把所有能给的 都给了,索科尔夫人 |
[36:24] | -Nothing was good enough for her. -Sign here, please. | – 她始终觉得不够好 – 请在这里签名 |
[36:27] | I don’t know who she’s looking for. I don’t know. | 我不知道她想要什么 我不知道 |
[36:30] | I’ll tell you, she’s very particular, your daughter. Very particular. | 我告诉你,你女儿太挑剔了 非常挑剔了 |
[36:33] | Is she looking for some big hotshot businessman? | 她难道想找钻石王老五? |
[36:36] | Well, I’ve got my pride too. I’m not gonna beg her. | 我也有自尊 我才不会向她摇尾乞怜 |
[36:38] | All right. Just sign it. People are waiting. | 好的,在这儿签字,别人等着呢 |
[36:48] | You like baseball? | 你喜欢棒球? |
[36:50] | That was autographed by the ’86 Mets. | 那上面有86年大都会队的亲笔签名 |
[36:52] | I saw every inning that year. | 那年每场比赛我都看了 |
[36:55] | It’s funny, because I happen to be very good friends with… | 真有意思 我刚和凯斯・埃尔南德斯… |
[36:59] | …Keith Hernandez. | …成为了好朋友 |
[37:02] | You know Keith Hernandez. | 你认识凯斯・埃尔南德斯? |
[37:04] | Know him? | 认识他? |
[37:06] | Would you… like to meet him? | 你想…见他吗? |
[37:09] | Oh, come on. Come on. | 得啦,得啦 |
[37:11] | I can produce Keith Hernandez, right here… | 我可以在一个小时之内… |
[37:15] | …within the hour. | …把凯斯・埃尔南德斯带到这里来 |
[37:16] | All right. | 很好 |
[37:18] | You got one hour. | 我给你一个小时 |
[37:22] | All right, Mrs. S. | 好吧,索科尔夫人 |
[37:25] | I and my good pal Keith Hernandez… | 我和我的好朋友凯斯・埃尔南德斯… |
[37:29] | …will be right back. | …马上就会回来 |
[37:44] | 129 West 81 st Street, and hurry. | 西81街129号,麻烦快点 |
[37:49] | Or not. | 不用了 |
[37:56] | You better bring your gloves. It’s freezing out there. | 你最好戴上手套,外头很冷 |
[37:59] | It shouldn’t take too long. I’d say maybe, oh, four hours. | 用不了多久,我想大概4个小时 |
[38:04] | Really, Jerry, there’s not that much. First, we got the bedroom. | 真的,杰瑞,并不多 我们从卧室开始 |
[38:08] | We got two dressers and the bed. | 两个衣柜和床 |
[38:10] | -Is there a box spring? -What’s that? | – 有弹簧床垫吗? – 那是什么? |
[38:13] | -A box spring? -Yeah, there’s a box spring. | – 有弹簧床垫吗? – 是,有弹簧床垫 |
[38:15] | But it’s attached to the headboard, and we’ll have to take that apart. | 但是它和床板连在一起 我们要把它拆开来 |
[38:19] | Then we got the couch. | 然后是沙发 |
[38:21] | -Is that a sectional? -Yeah, 12 pieces. | – 是组合沙发? – 是的,12个部件 |
[38:24] | -A marble coffee table. -Is that a thick marble? | – 一个大理石咖啡桌 – 是厚的大理石? |
[38:28] | Three inches thick. Got it in Italy. | 3英寸厚,意大利买的 |
[38:30] | But the big problem is gonna be the convertible sofa. | 但是最大的问题是折叠沙发 |
[38:34] | When you move it, it tends to open up… | 当你搬动它的时候 它就会自动打开… |
[38:36] | …so it’s going to be difficult getting it downstairs. | …所以要把它搬下楼有点儿困难 |
[38:39] | Stairs? | 楼梯? |
[38:41] | -There’s no elevator? -No, it’s a brownstone. Three floors. | – 没有电梯? – 没有,这房子是三层楼的 褐石街道楼房 |
[38:50] | -I’m sorry, I can’t do this. -What? | – 我很抱歉,我帮不了你了 – 什么? |
[38:52] | I can’t do it! I can’t! It’s too soon. | 我做不了,我不能,这太快了 |
[38:55] | I don’t know you. | 我还不够了解你 |
[38:57] | I can’t help you move, I’m sorry. I can’t! I just can’t. | 我不能帮你搬家,真抱歉 我不能,真的不行 |
[39:10] | -Hello. | -Hello. |
[39:14] | Oh, you don’t remember me. | 你不记得我了? |
[39:17] | -No. Should I? -Yeah, yeah, you should… | – 不,我应该记得你吗? – 你应该… |
[39:20] | …because I certainly remember you. | …因为我很清楚地记得你 |
[39:23] | Let me refresh your memory. | 让我帮你回想一下 |
[39:25] | June 14th, 1987. | 1987年6月14号 |
[39:29] | Mets-Phillies. You made a big error. Cost the Mets the game. | 大都会队对菲利斯队 你犯了一个大错误 使大都会输了比赛 |
[39:32] | Then you’re coming up the parking lot ramp. | 就在你走上停车场斜坡的时候 |
[39:34] | You said, “Nice game, pretty boy.” | 你当时说“好小子,干得漂亮” |
[39:38] | -You remember. -And then you spit on us. | – 你想起来了 – 然后你朝我们吐东西 |
[39:41] | -Hey, I didn’t spit at you. -Yeah, right. | – 我没有朝你们吐东西 – 是吗? |
[39:43] | -No, no. Then who was it? -Look, the way I remember it… | – 不,不,那是谁? – 我记得… |
[39:46] | …I was walking up the ramp. I was upset about the game. | …我当时正在走上那个斜坡 心里正在为比赛而沮丧 |
[39:49] | That’s when you called me “pretty boy.” | 然后你叫了我一声“好小子” |
[39:51] | Hey, that tick ed me off. I was turning to say something… | 我很生气,我回头想反敬几句… |
[39:54] | …and as I turned around… | …当我转过身… |
[39:56] | …I saw Roger McDowell behind the bushes… | 我看到罗杰・麦克道尔 站在灌木后面的… |
[39:59] | …over by that gravelly road. | …碎石路上 |
[40:06] | Anyway, he was talking to someone, and they were pointing at you. | 他正在和一个人说话 还指了指你们 |
[40:09] | I tried to scream out, but it was too late. | 我想提醒你们,可是为时已晚 |
[40:11] | It was already on its way. | 事情已经发生了 |
[40:13] | I told you. | 我告诉过你们 |
[40:16] | -It was McDowell. -But why? Why McDowell? | – 原来是麦克道尔 – 为什么…为什么麦克道尔会? |
[40:22] | Maybe because we were sitting in the right-field stands… | 可能因为我们坐在右外野座位… |
[40:24] | …cursing at him in the bullpen all game. | …诅咒他一直坐在替补席 |
[40:27] | He must have caught a glimpse of us when I poured that beer on his head. | 他一定看到我向他头上泼啤酒 |
[40:32] | -It was McDowell. -Oh, boy. | – 就是麦克道尔 – 天啊 |
[40:36] | -Look, Keith, we’re sorry. -Yeah, I couldn’t be sorrier. | – 凯斯,我们很抱歉 – 我也抱歉极了 |
[40:39] | Guys, don’t worry about it. | 伙计们,别放在心上 |
[40:41] | -Well, I guess I better get going. -What are you doing? | – 我想我该走了 – 去做什么? |
[40:44] | -I gotta move. -You want any help? | – 我要搬家 – 需要帮忙吗? |
[40:48] | -I’d love some. You sure? -I’d love to help you. | – 需要,你确定? – 我很乐意帮忙 |
[40:50] | Yeah, me too! | 我也是! |
[40:51] | Okay, guys. We got to be careful of one thing. | 好的,伙计们!我们一定要小心 |
[40:53] | Some of the stuff is very fragile We’ll have to handle it like a baby. | 有些东西很容易摔碎 我们要像抱孩子一样抱它们 |
[40:57] | Hey, no sweat. | 小事一桩 |
[41:10] | Hello. | |
[41:12] | Oh, hi, Elaine. What’s going on? | 伊莲,有什么事情吗? |
[41:15] | No, he just left. | 不,他刚走 |
[41:16] | You broke up with him? | 你和他分手了? |
[41:18] | Me too! | 我也是! |
[41:21] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[41:23] | Oh, smoking. You know, you’re like going out with C. Everett Koop. | 抽烟,原来你喜欢和 艾弗莱特・库珀医生一样的人约会 |
[41:28] | Me? No. I couldn’t go through with it. | 我?不,我做不到 |
[41:31] | I just didn’t feel ready. | 我只是觉得我还没有准备好 |
[41:33] | So, what are you doing now? | 你现在在干什么? |
[41:35] | Oh, great idea. Okay. | 好主意,好的 |
[41:37] | I’ll meet you there in, like, 30 minutes. | 我30分钟内到 |
[41:38] | Okay, bye. | 好的,再见 |
[41:41] | Keith! Keith! | 凯斯! 凯斯! |
[41:43] | -What happened? Where’s Keith? -You just missed him. He just left. | – 怎么了?凯斯在哪? – 你和他刚刚错过,他刚走 |
[41:47] | What do you need him for? | 你找他有什么事? |
[41:50] | Keith! Keith! Up here! | 凯斯! 凯斯! 这里! |
[41:53] | Look, could you do me a favor? | 能给我帮个忙吗? |
[41:55] | I need you to go to the unemployment office with me! | 我需要你和我一起去 失业保险计划处! |
[41:58] | L… I’m Jerry’s friend! | 我…我是杰瑞的朋友! |
[41:59] | The guy from the locker room! | 我在锁店工作! |
[42:01] | I’m the chucker! | 是个锁匠! |
[42:03] | It’ll take five minutes! | 只要五分钟! |
[42:05] | Wait! Wait! | 等等!等等! |
[42:21] | Well, Biff… | 彼伏… |
[42:25] | …what’s next? | …接下来你要干吗? |
[42:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:30] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[42:32] | I was walking behind you, and you… | 我刚才走在你后面… |
[42:35] | …dropped your wallet. | …你钱包掉了 |
[42:40] | When you’re moving, your whole world becomes boxes. | 在你搬家的时候 你的整个世界就会变成箱子 |
[42:43] | That’s all you think about, is boxes. Where are there boxes? | 你满脑子想的就是箱子 箱子在哪里? |
[42:46] | You just wander down the street, going in and out of stores. | 你在街上乱逛,进出商店 |
[42:49] | “Are there boxes here? Have you seen any boxes?” | “这里有箱子卖吗? 你有见到箱子吗” |
[42:52] | I mean, you can’t even talk to people because you can’t concentrate. | 我是说,你甚至无法与人交谈 因为你无法集中注意力 |
[42:56] | “Shut up! I’m looking for boxes!” | “闭嘴!我在找箱子!” |
[42:59] | So after a while, you become really into it. You can smell them. | 过了一会儿,你沉浸在此 你甚至可以嗅到他们 |
[43:03] | You walk into a store: | 你走进商店说 |
[43:04] | “There’s boxes here. | “这儿有箱子” |
[43:06] | Don’t tell me you don’t have boxes. Damn it! I can smell them! “ | “别告诉我你没有,妈的! 我可以嗅出来!” |
[43:11] | You become, like, obsessed. | 你变得就像着了魔 |
[43:13] | “I love the smell of cardboard in the morning.” | “每天早上我都喜欢闻一下 硬纸板盒的味道” |
[43:16] | At a funeral, everyone’s crying around. You’re looking at the casket: | 葬礼上,周围的人都在哭泣 你盯着棺材说 |
[43:19] | “That’s a nice box. | “多漂亮的箱子!” |
[43:22] | Does anybody know where that guy got that box? | “有人知道那人从哪里 搞到这个箱子的吗?” |
[43:25] | When he’s done with it, you think I could get that? | “当他用完了之后 你觉得我能得到它吗?” |
[43:27] | It’s got some nice handles on it. “ | “那上面的把手很漂亮” |
[43:29] | And that’s what death is, really. It’s the last big move of your life. | 这就是死亡,真的 你人生最后的一次大搬家 |
[43:34] | The hearse is like the van. | 灵车就好比是搬场车 |
[43:35] | The pallbearers are close friends. | 护棺者就好比是朋友 |
[43:37] | The only ones you could really ask to help you with a big move like that. | 唯一一群你可以找来帮你 像那样大搬家的人 |
[43:40] | And the casket is that great, perfect box… | 棺材就是那个你一生都在追求的… |
[43:43] | …you’ve been looking for your whole life. | …完美,精致的大箱子 |
[43:45] | The only problem is once you find it, you’re in it. | 唯一的问题是,当你找到的时候 你已经躺在里面了 |