时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Parents like to drag kids to historical sights. | 父母喜欢拖着孩子去历史景点度假 |
[00:05] | I remember going to Colonial Williamsburg… | 我记得去威廉斯堡殖民时期古迹区 (威廉斯堡的著名景区) |
[00:08] | …and you see the supposedly authentic blacksmith there. | …在那你能亲眼看到传说中的铁匠 |
[00:12] | He’s got the three-cornered hat, knickers… | 他们戴着三角帽,穿着灯笼裤… |
[00:14] | …and the Def Leppard shirt. | 还有印着Def Leppard的T恤 (英国流行金属乐团) |
[00:17] | My parents took me to the Amish country, which to a kid… | 我父母带我去一条信奉门诺教派的村子… |
[00:20] | …to see a bunch of people that have no cars, no TV, no phone… | …让我们这些孩子体会下没车, 没电视,没电话的生活… |
[00:23] | …they go, “So what? Neither do I.” | …他们说,“那咋啦?我都没咧” |
[00:25] | So it’s the whole community that’s been grounded. | 那里的整个社区都与世隔绝 |
[00:29] | That’s the way they should punish the kids. | 那是他们惩罚孩子们的好方式 |
[00:31] | “All right, get up to your room. I’ve had it. | “好吧,去你自己房间,我受够了 |
[00:33] | You are Amish, young man. | 年轻人,你是门诺教徒了 |
[00:35] | For the rest of this weekend. Did you hear me? Amish. | 这周末剩余的时间里都是 |
[00:38] | Don’t come down till you make some noodles and raise a barn.” | 听到了没?门诺教徒 没煮好面条,没搭好马房就别下来” |
[00:47] | They have a guide. He takes you… | 他们会请导游,然后带着你四处逛逛 |
[00:49] | …shows you the battlefield, gives you a bit of the history. | 参观一些战场并介绍些历史故事 |
[00:52] | How far is Gettysburg? I’d like to go. | 葛底斯堡离这有多远?我想去耶 |
[00:54] | – About three hours. – Tommy, you’re on. | – 大概三个小时车程吧, – 汤米,起程啦 |
[00:56] | – Gotta go. – Have a good set. | – 走了 – 走好哦 |
[01:01] | What did they do for toilet paper in the Civil War? | 内战时期,他们是怎么用厕纸的啊? |
[01:06] | Wonder what toilet paper was like in the 1860s. | 19世纪60年代的厕纸是啥样的呢 |
[01:09] | Did they…? Did they carry it in rolls in their duffel bags? | 是不是…? 是不是就卷起放行李包里? |
[01:13] | Everything with you comes down to toilet paper. | 为啥你老是说厕纸啊! |
[01:16] | – What? – That’s always… | – 什么? – 那总是… |
[01:18] | …the first question with you. Why is that always your focus? | …你头一个问题, 为什么你就那么关心厕纸呢? |
[01:22] | – Then what did they do? – I don’t know. | – 那他们怎么用的? – 我不知道 |
[01:24] | Maybe they gave out big loose clumps to all the soldiers. | 也许他们给士兵们发的就是一团团的 |
[01:28] | It would be nice if there was some sort of historical record of it. | 要有历史记录那就好啦 |
[01:31] | They should have a toilet-paper museum. Would you like that? | 他们应该建个厕纸博物馆 你满意了吧? |
[01:34] | So we could see all the toilet-paper advancements down through the ages. | 那样我们就可以看到厕纸的发展历程 |
[01:38] | Toilet paper during the Crusades. | 十字东征时的厕纸 |
[01:40] | The development of the perforation. The first six-pack. | 穿孔技术的发展,早起的六包装 |
[01:44] | Excuse me, Jerry. | 打扰下,Jerry |
[01:46] | I’m Stu Schirmack. I’m from NBC. | 我是斯图・斯池马克,国家广播公司的 |
[01:49] | – Could we speak for a few moments? – Sure. | – 我们能聊下吗? – 当然可以 |
[01:51] | – Hi. Jay Crespi. – Hello. | – 你好,杰伊・克莱斯皮 – 你好 |
[01:53] | – C-R-E-S-P-I. – That’s right. | – 对的 |
[01:57] | I’m unbelievable at spelling last names. | 难以置信,我拼对了你的姓氏 |
[01:59] | – Give give me a last name. – I’m not… | – 再来个姓氏试试看 – 我不想… |
[02:01] | George. | 乔治 |
[02:04] | All right. All right. | 好的,好的 |
[02:08] | First of all… | 首先… |
[02:10] | …that was a terrific show. | …那表演棒极了 |
[02:12] | – Thank you very much. – And… | – 非常感谢, – 而且… |
[02:13] | And I just wanted to let you know that we’ve been discussing you… | 我想告诉你,我们在会议里讨论过你… |
[02:16] | …at some of our meetings, and we’d be very interested in doing something. | 我们非常乐意干点大事情出来 |
[02:21] | – Really? – So if you had an idea for, like… | – 真的吗? – 所以要是你有什么想法,比如… |
[02:24] | …a TV show for yourself, well, we’d just love to talk about it. | …你的个人节目秀 呃,我们都很乐意商量一下 |
[02:29] | I’d be very interested in that. | 我倒是很感兴趣的 |
[02:30] | Well, here. | 呃,这… |
[02:32] | Why don’t you give us a call, and maybe we can develop a series. | 你可以给我们电话, 也许我们可以制作成系列节目 |
[02:36] | Okay. Great. Thanks. | 好的,谢谢 |
[02:38] | – It was very nice meeting you. – Thank you. | – 非常高兴见到你, – 谢谢 |
[02:40] | – Nice meeting you. | – Nice meeting you. – 见到你很高兴 – 见到你很高兴 |
[02:45] | – What was that all about? – They said they were interested in me. | – 说啥呢? – 他们说他们对我非常感兴趣? |
[02:48] | – For what? – You know, TV show. | – 什么感兴趣? – 你知道的,电视表演 |
[02:52] | – Your own show? – Yeah, I guess so. | – 你的个人秀? – 是的,我想是的 |
[02:55] | They want you to do a TV show? | 他们想让你去参与电视表演? |
[02:58] | They want me to come up with an idea. I mean, I don’t have any ideas. | 他们让我弄点主意,但我毫无头绪呢 |
[03:02] | Come on. How hard is that? Look at all the junk that’s on TV. | 拜托,那能有多难啊? 看看现在电视上的那些垃圾 |
[03:06] | You want an idea? Here’s an idea. | 你想要一个主意,我有个主意 |
[03:08] | You coach a gymnastics team in high school, and you’re married. | 你是一支高校体操队的教练,已婚 |
[03:12] | Your son is not interested in gymnastics, and you’re pushing him. | 你的儿子对体操毫无兴趣, 但你却强迫他练体操 |
[03:17] | Why should I care if my son’s into gymnastics? | 为啥我要在乎我的儿子是否练体操啊? |
[03:19] | – You’re the teacher. It’s only natural. – But gymnastics is not for everybody. | – 你是老师啊,出于本能嘛 – 但体操又不是适合任何人的 |
[03:23] | – I know, but he’s your son. – So what? | – 我知道,但他是你儿子啊 – 那有咋啦? |
[03:28] | All right, forget that idea. | 好吧,别管那主意了 |
[03:30] | It’s not for you. | 不适合你 |
[03:33] | Okay, okay. I got it. | 好的,我想到了 |
[03:34] | You run an antique store. | 你开了家古董店 |
[03:37] | – Yeah. And? – And people come into the store… | – 恩,然后呢? – 然后人们去逛你的店… |
[03:40] | …and you get involved in their lives. | …然后你卷入了他们的生活 |
[03:43] | What person who runs an antique store gets involved in people’s lives? | 谁开古董店会卷入别人的生活啊? |
[03:47] | – Why not? – So someone comes in… | – 为什么不能? – 一些人来我店里… |
[03:49] | …to buy an old lamp, and suddenly I’m getting them out of a jam. | …买一些老式台灯, 突然我就帮他们脱离了麻烦 |
[03:54] | I could see if I was a pharmacist. | 我觉得应该做药剂师 |
[03:56] | Because a pharmacist knows what’s wrong with everybody. | 因为药剂师可以找到人们的“症结”所在 |
[03:58] | Antiques are very popular right now. | 古董现在很流行的 |
[04:00] | – No, they’re not. They used to be. – Oh, sure. | – 不,不是啦,以前流行而已 – 哦,当然 |
[04:03] | – Like you know. – Oh, like you do. | – 好像你很清楚的样子 – 哦,难道你清楚啊 |
[04:08] | And you’re the manager of the circus. | 你做马戏团的经理 |
[04:11] | – The circus? – Oh, come on. This is a great idea. | – 马戏团? – 噢,拜托啦,这主意好极了 |
[04:14] | Look at the characters. You got all these freaks in the show. | 那些马戏演员,一群怪物在表演呢 |
[04:17] | A woman with a mustache. | 长胡子的女人 |
[04:19] | Who wouldn’t tune in to see a woman with a mustache? | 谁不愿意去看长胡子的女人啊? |
[04:22] | You got the tallest man in the world. A guy who’s just a head. | 你拥有这世上最高的巨人 或者头高的毛孩 |
[04:27] | – I don’t think so. – Look… | – 我不这样认为 – 听着… |
[04:28] | …the show isn’t about the circus. It’s about watching freaks. | …你那个人秀不是关于马戏团的 这是关于怪胎的 |
[04:31] | I don’t think the network would go for it. | 我不认为电视网会同意的 |
[04:33] | – Why not? – I’m not pitching a show about freaks. | – 为啥不会? – 我才不要表演怪胎主题的节目呢 |
[04:36] | Oh, come on, Jerry. You’re wrong. People, they wanna watch freaks. | 噢,拜托,杰瑞,你错啦 观众,他们喜欢看怪胎 |
[04:39] | This is a “can’t miss.” | 这可是不容错过啊 |
[04:42] | – Kramer. – Hello, Newman. | – 克莱默 – 你好,纽曼 |
[04:45] | I got the helmet. Go get the radar detector. | 我弄到头盔了,去拿雷达探测器吧 |
[04:48] | Okay. I’ll be back in a second. You guys coming to my party? | 好吧,我马上回来, 你们要来我的派对吗? |
[04:51] | – Yeah. Sure. – Of course. | – 当然去啦 – 当然啦 |
[04:54] | – What’s this about? – We’re making a trade. | – 搞什么呢? – 我们在做交易呢 |
[04:56] | I’m giving him my motorcycle helmet. He’s giving me his radar detector. | 我给他摩托头盔,他给我雷达探测器 |
[05:00] | – I didn’t know you have a motorcycle. – Well, my girlfriend had one. | – 我不知道你有摩托车哦 – 好啦,我的女朋友的 |
[05:03] | You have a girlfriend? | 你还有女朋友啊? |
[05:06] | I had a girlfriend. | 我有一个女朋友 |
[05:07] | And she was pretty wild. | 并且相当狂野 |
[05:11] | – I don’t remember you with a girl. – Nevertheless. | – 我不记得你还有女朋友哦 – 随便啦 |
[05:16] | This is a pretty bad deal for Kramer. | 这交易对克莱默说可不划算 |
[05:18] | A radar detector’s worth much more than that helmet. You’re cheating him. | 雷达探测器比那头盔贵多啦 你在欺骗他 |
[05:22] | – Don’t say anything. – All right. | – 别说啦 – 好吧 |
[05:24] | Hey, you know you’re getting gypped over here. | 嘿,这儿来了个骗子耶 |
[05:29] | Really. | 真的啊? |
[05:31] | Hey. We had a deal. | 嘿,我们约定好的啊 |
[05:33] | Are you reneging out of the deal? Are you reneging? | 你想食言吗?你想食言吗? |
[05:35] | – That’s a renege. – Stop saying “reneging.” | – 你要食言啦 – 不要再说“食言”啦 |
[05:37] | – Well, you’re reneging. – Okay, okay. I’m not reneging. | – 好,你这就是食言嘛 – 好吧,好吧,我不会食言 |
[05:40] | All right. Give it to me. | 好的,给我吧 |
[05:42] | – All right, let go. – Come on. | – 好吧,放开手 – 拜托啦 |
[05:45] | – Let go on three. – Give me that. Just give me that! | – 数到三我们放开 – 给我,给我啊 |
[05:48] | – Three. – Here. | – 三 – 给 |
[05:50] | Idiots. | 两个白痴 |
[05:53] | Thanks, buddy. So long. | 谢谢啦,伙计,再会 |
[05:57] | – Does that thing work? – No. | – 那东西管用吗? – 不 |
[06:02] | I got a postcard from Elaine. | 我收到伊莲的明信片了 |
[06:04] | – Really? – Yeah. They’re in London now. | – 真的吗? – 是的,他们现在在伦敦 |
[06:06] | They’ll be back in a few weeks. | 他们几周后就回来啦 |
[06:08] | I can’t believe she got involved with her shrink. | 真不敢相信她居然和那精神医生搞一起了 |
[06:11] | What about the TV show? Got anything? | 电视节目怎么样啦?有进展吗? |
[06:13] | No. Nothing. | 不,毫无进展 |
[06:16] | Why don’t they have salsa on the table? | 这桌子为啥没有萨尔萨辣酱啊? |
[06:18] | What do you need salsa for? | 你要萨尔萨辣酱干嘛? |
[06:20] | Salsa is now the number-one condiment in America. | 萨尔萨辣酱是目前美国首屈一指的调味品 |
[06:23] | Do you know why? | 你知道原因吗? |
[06:25] | Because people like to say “salsa.” | 因为人们喜欢说“salsa” |
[06:29] | Do you have any salsa? | 打扰下,请问有萨尔萨辣酱吗? |
[06:30] | We need more salsa. Where is the salsa? No salsa? | 再来点萨尔萨辣酱吧,萨尔萨辣酱摆哪啦 没有萨尔萨辣酱啦? |
[06:34] | You know, it must be impossible for a Spanish person… | 一个西班牙人根本不可能… |
[06:36] | …to order seltzer and not get salsa. | 点了塞尔查水但上菜时不上萨尔萨辣酱 (两个词之间的发音) |
[06:40] | I wanted seltzer, not salsa. | 我点的是塞尔查水(seltzer) 不是萨尔萨辣酱(salsa) |
[06:43] | Don’t you know the difference between them? | 难道你不知道它们(发音)的区别吗? |
[06:45] | You have the seltzer after the salsa. | 你们上了塞尔查水又上萨尔萨辣酱 |
[06:48] | This should be the show. This is the show. | 那节目应该说这的,就这个了 |
[06:51] | – What? – This. | – 什么? – 这个啊 |
[06:53] | Just talking. | 谈话而已 |
[06:55] | Yeah. Right. | 是的,对 |
[06:59] | No, I’m really serious. I think that’s a good idea. | 不,我说真的啦,我觉得这主意不错 |
[07:02] | Just talking? Well, what’s the show about? | 仅仅是谈话? 好吧,那节目主题是什么? |
[07:05] | It’s about nothing. | 无题的 |
[07:08] | – No story? – No, forget the story. | – 没有故事情节? – 没有,别管啥故事情节啦 |
[07:11] | – You gotta have a story. – Who says you gotta have a story? | – 你总得有故事情节啦 – 谁说必须的有故事情节? |
[07:15] | Remember when we were waiting for that table in that Chinese restaurant? | 记得我们那次在中餐馆等位子吃饭? |
[07:18] | That could be a TV show. | 那完全可以搬到电视节目里去 |
[07:21] | And who’s on the show? Who are the characters? | 节目的演员呢,谁是主角? |
[07:24] | I could be a character. | 我可以演主角啊 |
[07:26] | – You? – Yeah. You base a character on me. | – 你? – 是的,我可以扮演一个角色 |
[07:29] | So on the show there’s a character named George Costanza? | 节目中有位叫乔治・克斯坦萨的主角? |
[07:32] | Yeah. What? There’s something wrong with that? I’m a character. | 是的,咋啦?这没啥不行的啊? 我就是个主角 |
[07:36] | People are always saying to me, “You know, you’re quite a character.” | 人们常云:“你真是适合演主角的” |
[07:40] | And who else is on the show? | 节目里还有谁呢? |
[07:42] | Elaine could be a character. Kramer. | 伊莲可以担任一个角色,克莱默 |
[07:45] | Now, he’s a character. | 他也成了演员 |
[07:47] | So everybody I know is a character on the show. | 任何我认识的人都将出现节目里 |
[07:50] | Right. | 对啊 |
[07:52] | – And it’s about nothing. – Absolutely nothing. | – 并且没有主题 – 绝对没主题 |
[07:54] | So you’re saying I go into NBC and tell them… | 你意思是我去国家广播电视台,告诉他们… |
[07:57] | …I got this idea for a show about nothing. | …我有一个主意,那节目是没主题的 |
[07:59] | We go into NBC. | 我们去国家广播电视台 |
[08:01] | We? Since when are you a writer? | 我们?你啥时候成了作者啦? |
[08:04] | What writer? We’re talking about a sitcom. | 啥作者?我们只在说情境喜剧而已 |
[08:09] | You wanna go with me to NBC? | 你要和我一起去国家广播电视台? |
[08:10] | Yeah, we really got something here. | 是的,我们的主意真的不错哦 |
[08:12] | – What do we got? – An idea. | – 我们有啥主意啊? – 主意啊 |
[08:13] | – What idea? – An idea for the show. | – 啥主意? – 节目的主意 |
[08:16] | – I still don’t know what the idea is. – It’s about nothing. | – 我还是不懂这是啥主意 – 无题的主意 |
[08:20] | – Right. – Everybody’s doing something. | – 对啊 – 每个人干一些事情 |
[08:22] | We’ll do nothing. | 但我们啥都不干 |
[08:24] | We go into NBC, tell them we got an idea for a show about nothing. | 我们去国家广播电视台, 告诉他们我们主意就是“无题” |
[08:27] | – Exactly. – “What’s your show about?” | – 完全正确 – “你的节目是关于什么的?” |
[08:29] | – I say, “Nothing.” – There you go. | – 我说了,“无题的 – 就这样 |
[08:32] | I think you may have something here. | 我觉得这可能有点意思 |
[08:36] | So the show would be about my real life… | 所以这节目是关于我真实的生活的… |
[08:38] | …and one of the characters would be based on you. | …并且依照你创造了其中一个角色 |
[08:42] | No, I don’t think so. | 不,我不认同 |
[08:45] | What do you mean, you don’t you think so? | 你什么意思,你什么想法? |
[08:46] | – I don’t like it. – I don’t understand. | – 我不喜欢 – 我不明白 |
[08:48] | – What don’t you like? – I don’t like the idea… | – 你不喜欢啥啊? – 我不喜欢这主意 |
[08:50] | …of a character based on me. – Why not? | …依我创造一个角色 – 为啥不喜欢呢 |
[08:54] | I don’t know. It just doesn’t sit well. | 我不知道,就觉得别扭 |
[08:56] | You’re my neighbor. There’s gotta be a character. | 你是我的邻居啊,肯定是角色之一啦 |
[08:59] | – That’s your problem, buddy. – I don’t understand what the deal is. | – 那是你的问题,伙计 – 我不明白这有啥大不了的 |
[09:02] | Okay. You can do it on one condition. | 好吧,你这样做有个条件 |
[09:04] | – Whatever you want. – I get to play Kramer. | – 随你意 – 我要扮演克莱默 |
[09:06] | – You can’t play Kramer. – I am Kramer. | – 你不能扮演克莱默 – 我就是克莱默啊 |
[09:09] | But you can’t act. | 但是你不会演戏 |
[09:14] | – Okay, fine, we’ll use Newman. – Newman? | – 好吧,我们用纽曼吧 – 纽曼? |
[09:17] | – Use me for what? – Nothing. What do you want? | – 利用我干嘛 – 没什么,你想干嘛啊? |
[09:20] | Well, you’ll never guess what happened to me today. | 你们绝猜不到我今天咋啦? |
[09:23] | I was driving home on the Palisades Parkway… | 我从帕利塞德公园路开车回家路上 |
[09:28] | …when I look in the rearview mirror, and what did I see? | …看后视镜时,知道我看到啥吗? |
[09:31] | The fuzz. And it’s funny… | 警员,这真搞笑啊… |
[09:34] | …because my new radar detector was on, but I didn’t hear a thing. | …因为我的新雷达探测器一直开着, 但是我没有听到警报声 |
[09:39] | – Isn’t that strange? – Yeah, that’s strange. | – 这不奇怪吗? – 是的,那很奇怪 |
[09:42] | Because the radar detector, as I understand it, detects radar! | 我以为那雷达探测器和我想象中的一样 探测的雷达! |
[09:47] | With a series of beeps and flashing lights. | 会有不停哗哗声和警报声 |
[09:49] | But for some reason, I didn’t hear a thing… | 但是由于某些原因我没有听见… |
[09:51] | …except for the sound of a police siren. | …除了警笛声 |
[09:53] | Well, that’s queer, huh? | 那么,那就奇怪了,呵? |
[09:56] | I want my helmet back! | 我要回我的头盔! |
[09:58] | You give me back my helmet, and pay for that ticket! | 还我的头盔,还有帮我付罚款 |
[10:01] | Oh, yeah, yeah. You better think again, MoJumbo. | 哦,好啦,好啦,你想得美,大肥佬 |
[10:06] | You gave me a defective detector. | 你给了我一个坏掉的探测器 |
[10:08] | – Jerry? – Buyer beware. | – 杰瑞? – 买者自负 |
[10:09] | Are you gonna give me back my helmet? | 你还我头盔不? |
[10:11] | No, we had a deal. There’s no guarantees in life. | 不,我们约定好的, 生活中本来就没保证嘛 |
[10:14] | No, but there’s karma, Kramer. | 不,但是会有报应,克莱默 |
[10:16] | Karma Kramer? | 遭报应的克莱默? |
[10:19] | And one more thing: | 还有一件事: |
[10:20] | I’m not coming to your party! | 我不参加你的派对了! |
[10:27] | Salsa, seltzer. | |
[10:30] | Do you have any salsa? | 打扰了,请问有萨尔萨辣酱吗? |
[10:32] | No, not seltzer, salsa. | 不,没有塞尔查水,萨尔萨辣酱 |
[10:35] | – What’s the matter? – Nothing. | – 你怎么了? – 没什么 |
[10:39] | You sure? | 确定? |
[10:40] | – You look a little pale. – No, I’m fine. I’m good. | – 你脸色有点苍白 – 没什么,我没事,我很好 |
[10:43] | Fine. Very good. | 好,好极了 |
[10:45] | – What, are you nervous? – No, I’m not nervous. I’m very good. | – 怎么?你紧张? – 不,我没紧张,我好得很 |
[10:49] | – I can’t do this. I can’t do this. – What? | – 我做不了,我做不了啊 – 什么? |
[10:51] | I can’t. I’ve tried. I’m here. It’s impossible. | 我干不了,我好累啊,我试过了, 来这了,不可能的 |
[10:54] | – This was your idea. – What idea? | – 这就是你的想法耶 – 什么想法? |
[10:56] | I just said something. I didn’t know you were gonna listen to me! | 我只是胡乱说说而已, 鬼知道你会听我的! |
[11:00] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心啦! |
[11:02] | They’re just TV executives. | 他们只不过是电视台董事啦! |
[11:04] | They’re men with jobs, Jerry! | 他们是有头有脸的人啊,杰瑞! |
[11:08] | They wear suits and ties. | 他们穿西装和打领带 |
[11:10] | They’re married. They have secretaries! | 他们结了婚,他们还有秘书! |
[11:14] | – I told you not to come. – I need some water. | – 我叫你不要来的 – 我要喝水 |
[11:16] | I gotta get some water. | 我得去弄些水来 |
[11:17] | – They’ll give us water in there. – Really? | – 在里面有水给我们喝的 – 真的? |
[11:22] | That’s pretty good. | 那还挺不错的 |
[11:29] | – Oh, God, it’s Joe Davola. – Who? | – 哦,上帝,那是乔伊・德沃拉啊 – 谁? |
[11:32] | This guy’s a writer. He’s a total nut. | 这男人是个作家,他是个疯子 |
[11:34] | I think he goes to the same shrink as Elaine. | 他和伊莲看的是同一个心理医生 |
[11:38] | Oh, God, he saw me. | 哦,上帝,他看见我了 |
[11:40] | – Hello, Jerry. – Hey, Joe! | – 你好,杰瑞 – 嗨,乔伊 |
[11:44] | How you doing? | 最近咋样啊? |
[11:45] | You’re under no obligation to shake my hand. | 你没必要我握手啦 |
[11:49] | Oh, no. Just a custom. | 哦,不,仅仅习惯而已 |
[11:52] | That’s my friend, George. | 这是我的朋友,乔治 |
[11:55] | You look good. | 你气色不错嘛 |
[11:57] | Why shouldn’t I look good? | 难道我气色不能好吗? |
[11:59] | No. No reason. You do the karate, right? | 没啦,没理由 你练空手道,对吧? |
[12:02] | Yeah, you wanna hit me? | 是的,你想打我? |
[12:04] | – What are you doing here? – I dropped a script off. | – 你在这做什么? – 我来交剧本的 |
[12:08] | Good for you. | 不错嘛 |
[12:17] | Well. | 呃 |
[12:19] | – You don’t have to say anything. – No… | – 你没必要说什么啦 – 没有… |
[12:21] | – Hey, I guess I’ll see you Sunday night. – Why? | – 嘿,星期天晚上可以见到你吧 – 为什么? |
[12:25] | Kramer’s party. | 克莱默的派对 |
[12:27] | – Kramer’s having a party? – No. No, he’s not having a party. | – 克莱默要举行派对? – 不,不是,他没举办派对 |
[12:32] | He’s doing something. I don’t know. It’s nothing. He’s not doing anything. | 他想搞点花样,我不清楚啦 没什么,他应该不会干什么吧 |
[12:36] | I thought Kramer and I were very close friends. | 我还以为克莱默和我是很亲密的朋友呢 |
[12:39] | No, I’m sure you are. I’m sure you’re very close friends. | 不,我确信你们是 我确信你们是非常亲密的朋友 |
[12:42] | Very close. | 非常亲密 |
[12:45] | Give my best to Hinckley. | 替我给辛克里问好 |
[12:53] | – What was that? – I can’t believe what I did. | – 怎么回事啊? – 我不敢相信我都干了什么 |
[12:55] | I didn’t know Kramer didn’t invite him. I gotta call Kramer. | 我不知道克莱默并没有邀请他 我得去打电话告诉克莱默 |
[12:58] | They’re ready for you. | 你们可以进去了 |
[13:00] | Okay. Okay. Look. | 好的,好的,看 |
[13:02] | – You… You do all the talking. Okay? – Oh, relax! | – 你…都由你来说吧,行吗? – 哦,放轻松啦! |
[13:05] | – Who are they? – Yeah. | – 他们是谁? – 是的 |
[13:07] | – They’re not better than me. – Of course not. | – 他们没比我好多少 – 当然没有 |
[13:10] | – Who are they? – They’re nobody. | – 他们是谁? – 他们谁也不是 |
[13:12] | – What about me? – What about you? | – 那我呢? – 你怎么啦? |
[13:13] | – Why them? Why not me? – Why not you? | – 为什么是他们?不是我呢? – 为什么不是你? |
[13:15] | – I’m just as good as them. – Better. | – 我和他们一样 – 好多了 |
[13:17] | – You really think so? – No. | – 你真这么认为? – 不 |
[13:36] | The bit… The bit I really liked was where the parakeet flew into the mirror. | 我真正喜欢鹦鹉飞到镜子里的那段 |
[13:41] | That was funny. | 很搞笑 |
[13:45] | The parakeet in the mirror. That is a good one, Stu. | 鹦鹉在镜子里,这个不错,斯图 |
[13:48] | Yeah. One of my favorites. | 是的,我最爱之一 |
[13:54] | What about you, George? Have you written anything we might know? | 你呢,乔治? 有没给我们写点什么啊? |
[14:00] | Well, possibly. I… | 嗯,也许,我… |
[14:03] | I wrote an off-Broadway show. | 我写了一出非百老汇剧 |
[14:07] | La Cocina. | |
[14:09] | Actually, it was off-off Broadway. | 事实上,它是一出非非百老汇 |
[14:11] | It was a comedy about a Mexican chef. | 它是一部关于墨西哥厨师的喜剧 |
[14:18] | It was… It was very funny. | 它是…它是非常有趣的 |
[14:20] | There was one great scene with the chef. | 有大量关于厨师的情景 |
[14:23] | What was his name? | 他叫什么名字? |
[14:26] | – Pepe. – Oh, Pepe. Yes, Pepe. | – 佩佩 – 哦,佩佩,是的,佩佩 |
[14:28] | And he was making tamales. | 并且他制作了墨西哥烹调 |
[14:30] | Oh, he actually cooked on the stage? | 哦,他是真的在舞台上烹调? |
[14:33] | No, no, he mimed it. That’s what was so funny about it. | 不,不是,他模仿它, 那就是有趣的地方 |
[14:38] | So, what have you two come up with? | 那么,你们俩都想了啥主意? |
[14:41] | We thought about this in a variety of ways… | 我们觉得有很多种途径 |
[14:43] | …but the basic idea is I play myself… – May I? | …但是基本思想是我自己表演… – 我可以? |
[14:47] | Go ahead. | 你说吧 |
[14:50] | I think I can sum up the show for you with one word: | 我觉得可以用一个词总结这部剧: |
[14:55] | Nothing. | 无题 |
[14:57] | – Nothing? – Nothing. | – 什么都没? – 无题 |
[15:00] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[15:02] | The show is about nothing. | 这场节目是没有主题的 |
[15:07] | – It’s not about nothing. – No, it’s about nothing. | – 它不是没有主题 – 不,它是无主题的 |
[15:10] | Well, maybe in philosophy. | 好吧,在哲学上也许是 |
[15:12] | But even nothing is something. | 但是甚至是没也是有的 |
[15:14] | Mr. Dalrymple, your niece is on the phone. | 德莱普里先生,你侄女的电话 |
[15:16] | – I’ll call back. – D-A-L-R-l-M-P-E-L. | – 我呆会打回去 |
[15:21] | Not even close. | 边都没碰 |
[15:23] | – Is that with a Y? – No. | -末尾有个Y,对吗? – 不 |
[15:29] | – What’s the premise? – As I was saying, I would play myself… | – 你们提议是啥啊? – 像我说的,我自己演… |
[15:32] | …as a comedian living in New York… | … 一位生活在纽约的喜剧演员 |
[15:34] | …and I have a friend and a neighbor and an ex-girlfriend. | …并且我有一个朋友和一个邻居 和一个前任女友 |
[15:37] | – Which is all true. – But nothing happens on the show. | – 这所有的都是真实的 – 但是在剧中啥事都没 |
[15:40] | You see, it’s just like life. | 你看,它就像生活一样 |
[15:42] | You know, you eat, you go shopping, you read, you eat… | 你知道的,吃饭,逛街,看书,吃饭… |
[15:46] | …you read, you go shopping. – You read? | …看书,逛街 – 你看书? |
[15:50] | You read on the show? | 你在节目中看书? |
[15:52] | Well, I don’t know about the reading. We didn’t discuss the reading. | 好吧,我不明白什么看书 我们不要讨论看书了 |
[15:58] | All right, tell me about the stories. | 好吧,告诉我故事情节吧 |
[16:00] | – What kind of stories? – Oh, no. No stories. | – 是什么故事? – 哦,不,没有故事情节 |
[16:02] | No stories? | 没故事情节? |
[16:04] | – So, what is it? – What did you do today? | – 那么,它是什么? – 你今天做了什么? |
[16:07] | – I got up and came to work. – There’s a show. That’s a show. | – 我起床后就来工作 – 它是一出节目 |
[16:12] | How is that a show? | 这怎么会是节目呢 |
[16:13] | Well, maybe something happens to you on the way to work. | 嗯,也许在你工作的路上发生了什么事呢 |
[16:16] | No. No! No! Nothing happens! | 不,不!不!什么也没发生! |
[16:19] | Well, something happens. | 嗯,发生了点事 |
[16:21] | – Well, why am I watching it? – Because it’s on TV. | – 好吧,为什么我在看它? – 因为它在电视上 |
[16:26] | Not yet. | 还没呢 |
[16:31] | Okay, look. | 好的,听着 |
[16:34] | If you wanna just keep doing the same old thing… | 如果你想老调重弹… |
[16:37] | …then maybe this idea is not for you. | …也许这个主意不太合适你 |
[16:41] | I, for one, am not going to compromise my artistic integrity. | 就个人而言,为了我艺术的完整性 我不会做出让步! |
[16:45] | And I’ll tell you something else: | 我还要告诉你一些事: |
[16:48] | This is the show, and we’re not gonna change it. | 这是一出节目,我们不打算做出改变 |
[16:52] | Right? | 对吗? |
[16:57] | How about this? | 这个怎么样? |
[16:59] | I manage a circus. | 我经营一家马戏团 |
[17:08] | I don’t even wanna talk about it anymore. | 我根本不想谈论这个问题了 |
[17:11] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么呢? |
[17:13] | What was going on in your mind? | 你脑子里想的都是什么? |
[17:15] | Artistic integrity. | 艺术的完整性 |
[17:17] | Well, where did you come up with that? | 嗯,你怎么冒出这样的话? |
[17:19] | You’re not artistic, and you have no integrity. | 你不是搞艺术的并且你也不完整 |
[17:23] | You really need some help. A regular psychiatrist couldn’t even help you. | 你确实需要些帮助, 一般的心理医生可能都没用了 |
[17:27] | You need to go to, like, Vienna or something. | 你真的需要去,比如, 维也纳或都诸如此类的地方了 |
[17:29] | You know what I mean? You need to get involved at the university level. | 你明白我是什么意思吗? 你需要接触一些大学水平的知识人 |
[17:33] | Like where Freud studied, and have people looking… | 像研究弗洛伊德的,还要去看管… |
[17:35] | …and checking up on you. That’s the kind you need. | …并且给你做检查,那才是你需要的 |
[17:38] | Not the once-a-week for 80 bucks. No. You need a team. | 不是每周付80美元的那种, 不是,你需要的是一支医疗队 |
[17:42] | A team of psychiatrists, working round the clock… | 一支精神病医生队伍 夜以继日地工作… |
[17:45] | …thinking about you, having conferences. | …研究你,召开会议 |
[17:48] | Observing you, like the way they did with the Elephant Man. | 观察你,就像他们观察象人一样 |
[17:51] | That’s what I’m talking about. That’s the only way you’re gonna get better. | 那就是我一直在说的, 是你能变好点的唯一方法 |
[17:58] | I thought the woman was kind of cute. | 我觉得那女的挺可爱的 |
[18:02] | Hold it. I really wanna be clear about this. | 等等,我真想弄清楚 |
[18:05] | Are you talking about the woman in the meeting? | 你在说会上的那个女人吗? |
[18:08] | Is that the woman you’re talking about? | 你说的是那个女人吗? |
[18:10] | Yeah. I thought I might give her a call. | 恩,我想我应该会给她打个电话 |
[18:14] | I don’t meet that many women. I meet, like, three women a year. | 我接触的女人不多,一年三个 |
[18:18] | I mean, we’ve been introduced. She knows my name. | 我是说,我们相互介绍, 她知道我的名字 |
[18:21] | – It’s completely inappropriate. – Why? | – 真是很不相称 – 为什么? |
[18:23] | Maybe she liked me. I mean, she… She was looking right at me. | 也许她喜欢我,我是说,她… 一直盯着我不放 |
[18:27] | I think she was impressed. | 她可能对我印象深刻 |
[18:29] | We had good eye contact through the whole meeting. | 整个会议过程中我们都在相互放电 |
[18:33] | – Oh, I forgot to call Kramer. – Wait a minute, let me call Susan. | – 哦,我忘记告诉克莱默 – 等一会,我先给苏珊打个电话 |
[18:37] | – No, this is more important. – She might leave work any minute. | – 不,这更重要些 – 她可能会随时下班了 |
[18:40] | No, I gotta warn him that I told Joe Davola about his party. | 不,我必须提醒他乔伊・达沃瓦知道 他开派对的事了 |
[18:43] | No! | 不! |
[18:51] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[18:54] | I was just thinking about this patient of mine. | 我突然想起我一个病人 |
[18:57] | What? | 什么? |
[18:59] | Just wondering if he’s taking his medication. | 不知道他是否吃药了 |
[19:02] | Come on. We’re on vacation. | 拜托啦,我们正在度假 |
[19:10] | Well, we were standing in the waiting area there… | 我们站在等候区… |
[19:12] | …and you know how Davola is. He’s all… | …你知道德沃拉是啥样的人, 他… |
[19:17] | – Yeah? – It’s George. | – 谁? – 是乔治 |
[19:20] | And so I felt very uncomfortable with him… | 所以和他一起我感觉很不自在… |
[19:23] | …and, you know, I just blurted out something about your party. | …并且,你知道, 我只是冲口说出你的晚会的事 |
[19:27] | – Back up a second. – I didn’t know that you didn’t invite him. | – 等一下 – 我不知道你没有邀请他 |
[19:30] | Why would I invite him? | 为什么我要邀请他? |
[19:32] | – Well, I just assumed that… – Assumed? | – 嗯,我只是猜测… – 猜测? |
[19:34] | Never assume anything. I don’t want that nut in my house. | 不要胡乱猜测 我可不想那个疯子出现在我房子里 |
[19:37] | You know he’s on medication. | 你知道他接受药物治疗 |
[19:39] | – Well, hello. Oh, hello. – Hello. | – 嗯,你好,哦,你好 – 你好 |
[19:42] | You remember Susan from NBC. | 你还记得国家电视台那位苏珊吗? |
[19:45] | – Of course. How are you? – Fine. Good to see you. | – 当然,你还好吧? – 好,很高兴见到你 |
[19:49] | – This is Kramer. – Hello. | – 这位克莱默 – 你好 |
[19:52] | All right, go ahead, Susan. Tell him. | 好,去吧,苏珊,告诉他 |
[19:54] | – Tell me what? – Well, l… | – 告诉我什么? – 嗯,我… |
[19:57] | I’m sorry. Excuse me one second. | 对不起,打扰一会 |
[19:58] | – Hello? – Hi… | – 你好? – 嗨 |
[20:00] | …would you be interested in switching to TMI long distance? | 请问你对TMI长途电话服务有兴趣吗? |
[20:03] | Oh, l… I can’t talk right now. | 哦,我…现在没空谈这个 |
[20:04] | Why don’t you give me your home number, and I’ll call you later? | 要不你给你家电话给我? 稍后我回你电话 |
[20:07] | I’m sorry. We’re not allowed to do that. | 对不起,我们被不允许那样做的 |
[20:10] | I guess you don’t want people calling you at home. | 我猜你在家时不想人家给你打电话吧 |
[20:12] | – No. – Well, now you know how I feel. | – 不是的 – 嗯,现在你明白我的感受了吧 |
[20:21] | – So go ahead. Tell him. – Well… | – 去吧,告诉他吧 – 好吧… |
[20:24] | Kramer, are you drinking that milk? | 克莱默,你是在喝牛奶吗? |
[20:26] | – Yeah. – What’s the expiration date on that? | – 是的 – 截至日期是什么时候? |
[20:31] | September third. | 九月三号 |
[20:33] | – The third? | – The third? – 三号? – 三号? |
[20:48] | Never should have brought her up there. | 绝不应该带她到那的 |
[20:51] | Should have known better. | 早知就好了 |
[20:53] | I should have seen it coming. I didn’t see it coming. | 我应该预料到的,我没预料到啊 |
[20:56] | I think she saw it coming. | 我觉得她有预料到的 |
[21:01] | You know, she was behind the idea. She was gonna champion the show. | 你知道,她一直支持我们的主意 她将是这节目的忠实拥护者 |
[21:04] | I was bringing her up to tell you, and she liked me. | 我带她上去告诉你,她也喜欢我 |
[21:07] | Look, just because Kramer vomited on her doesn’t mean the deal is dead. | 克莱默吐在一身并不意味着完蛋嘛 |
[21:13] | What are you, crazy? | 你怎么了,疯了吗? |
[21:14] | It’s a traumatic thing to be thrown up on. | 被人吐一身很受伤的 |
[21:17] | Vomiting is not a deal-breaker. | 呕吐不会破坏约定啦 |
[21:19] | If Hitler had vomited on Chamberlain… | 要是希特勒吐了张伯伦一身… |
[21:22] | …he still would have given him Czechoslovakia. | …他还是捷克斯洛伐克拱手相让 |
[21:24] | Chamberlain. | 张伯伦 |
[21:25] | You could hold his head in the toilet, he’d still give you half of Europe. | 你可以把他的头摁在马桶里, 他仍然会把半个欧洲拱手相让嘛 |
[21:32] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了? |
[21:34] | Davola came after me. | 德沃拉跟踪我了 |
[21:36] | What? Davola? | 什么?德沃拉? |
[21:37] | See, this guy is crazy. I can’t believe this. What happened? | 明白,这家伙疯了 我简直不敢相信,发生什么事了? |
[21:40] | Can I get coffee? You know, I was walking home… | 给我杯咖啡吧?我在回家的路上… |
[21:43] | I had to pick up my helmet from the shop. I had to get a new strap. | 我必须从商店取回我的头盔, 我得买一根新皮带 |
[21:47] | So I had it on, and I was checking the strap out to make sure it fit. | 然后我戴着它,看下皮带是否合适 |
[21:50] | And suddenly, I feel this kick hit me on the side of the head. | 突然,我感觉有人袭击了我头的一边 |
[21:54] | It knocks me down. I look up, and it’s Crazy Joe Davola. | 他把我击倒在地上, 往上一看原来是疯子乔伊・德沃拉 |
[21:59] | And he says, “That’s what I think of your party.” | 他说,“这就是我在你派对上要干的” |
[22:03] | Boy, that is some kick. | 天哪,下手真狠啊! |
[22:05] | Newman’s helmet, it saved my life. Look at that. | 纽曼的头盔,救了我的小命啊 |
[22:07] | Wow, Newman’s helmet. | 哇,纽曼的头盔 |
[22:10] | I got bad news for you, buddy. | 我有坏消息告诉你,伙计 |
[22:12] | Davola says you’re next. | 德沃拉说你是下一个 |
[22:14] | Me? Why? | 我?为什么? |
[22:16] | He doesn’t like you. | 他不喜欢你 |
[22:17] | What does he want from me? I didn’t do anything. | 他想干啥啊?我啥事都没干啊 |
[22:21] | See, this is all Elaine’s fault. She took off to Europe with his psychiatrist. | 看,这都是伊莲的错, 她和他的医生去了欧洲 |
[22:25] | He can’t get his medication. Now I got some nut after me. | 他得不到药物治疗, 现在有疯子在追杀我了 |
[22:28] | Pass the cream. | 递一下奶油 |
[22:30] | Wait a second. | 等一会 |
[22:33] | All right. | 好了 |
[22:42] | When you vomit on somebody… | 当你吐人家身上时… |
[22:44] | …it is a social faux pas… | …那真是失礼行为… |
[22:46] | …from which there is really no recovery. | …那真的没法补救 |
[22:49] | At that point, there’s really very little you can say to the person. | 真的不知道该对那人说啥好 |
[22:53] | There’s no Hallmark cards that cover this occasion. | 没有啥贺卡可以补救这种事情 |
[22:56] | There’s no vomit sympathy-card section of the store, you know. | 商店里可没有“呕吐同情卡” |
[23:00] | “You wear it well.” You know, there’s no words… | “你衣服很漂亮。” 你知道,没什么词… |
[23:02] | …that really capture, you know… | …真正管用… |
[23:05] | “Next time, lunch is on me.” | “下次,我请吃饭吧” |
[23:06] | There’s no, really, way to phrase the sentiment. | 真没什么短语可以表达你的歉意 |
[23:19] | Where the hell did I put it? | 我究竟放哪啦? |
[23:24] | – Where did I put it? – What are you looking for? | – 我把它放哪了呢? – 你在找啥呢? |
[23:26] | The remote. The remote. I can’t find the remote. | 遥控器,遥控器,我找不到遥控器了 |
[23:28] | Did l…? I lost it. Did you take it? | 难道我,我弄丢了,你拿了没? |
[23:31] | – Did you put it someplace? – No, no, no. | – 你是不是放其他地方啦? – 没有,没有 |
[23:33] | All right, what is this? | 好的,你这是干嘛啊? |
[23:35] | – What is what? – All right, very funny. I get it. | – 什么干嘛? – 好吧,真搞笑,我明白了 |
[23:39] | – You’re in a weird mood. – Come on. | – 你情绪很怪异哦 – 拜托啦 |
[23:40] | Go to your apartment and fix it. | 回你房间把它弄好吧 |
[23:42] | – Fix what? – Your pants! | – 弄啥啊? – 你的裤子! |
[23:47] | What is this? Why do I got one pant leg on for? | 这是什么?为什么我只穿了一只裤腿? |
[23:50] | Don’t you know? Look at your face. | 难道你不知道?看看你的脸 |
[23:52] | You only shaved the right side of your face. | 你只刮了你右边的胡子 |
[23:55] | – What is this, a joke? – No joke. What? A joke? | – 这是什么,开玩笑? – 不是玩笑,什么?开玩笑? |
[23:58] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这很搞笑? |
[24:00] | Well, look at your face in the mirror. | 好吧,用镜子照照你的脸 |
[24:06] | – Yeah? – It’s George. | – 谁? – 是George |
[24:07] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[24:10] | – I don’t believe this. – You didn’t know you were doing this? | – 难以置信 – 难道你都没意识到吗? |
[24:13] | No, I swear. | 没有,我发誓 |
[24:14] | I’ll bet this is from that kick from that Crazy Joe Davola. | 你应该是被疯子乔伊・德沃拉敲坏脑了 |
[24:17] | You better see a doctor and get some x-rays. | 你最好去看看医生,照个X光 |
[24:21] | Just the man I’m looking for. | 正要找你呢 |
[24:23] | – Me? – Yeah. Here you go. | – 找我? – 是的,给你的 |
[24:24] | – What’s this? – A dry-cleaning bill. | – 这是啥? – 干洗账单 |
[24:26] | – From that woman at NBC? – Yeah. | – 那国家广播电视台那女的? – 是的 |
[24:28] | Dry cleaning bill for what? | 干洗啥的啊? |
[24:30] | For vomiting on her vest. | 你吐脏的那件背心 |
[24:33] | Oh, come on, George. I didn’t do that on purpose. | 噢,拜托,乔治,我又不是故意的 |
[24:35] | – I shouldn’t have to pay. – Neither should I. | – 那也不应该让我掏腰包啊! – 那也不是我啊! |
[24:37] | Jerry left the milk in the refrigerator. | 杰瑞把牛奶放冰箱的 |
[24:40] | – Yeah, it’s your milk. – He drank it. | – 是啊,你的牛奶 – 他喝的啊 |
[24:41] | – I didn’t know. – All right. | – 我不知道 – 好吧 |
[24:43] | Well, we should all chip in, I guess. | 我们一起分摊吧 |
[24:45] | – Yeah. – How much was it to clean the vest? | – 好的 – 干洗背心花了多少钱? |
[24:47] | Eighteen dollars. | 十八美元 |
[24:49] | Can you get vomit out of suede? | 能把那小羊皮上脏东西清理掉吗? |
[24:53] | – I don’t know. – Yo-Yo Ma! | – 我不知道 – 马友友! |
[24:58] | What? Yo-Yo Ma? | 什么?什么马友友? |
[25:01] | What about him? | 他怎么啦? |
[25:03] | – You just said, “Yo-Yo Ma.” – What’s Yo-Yo Ma? | – 你刚说了,“马友友” – 马友友是什么啊? |
[25:06] | He’s a cellist. | 他是大提琴演奏家 |
[25:08] | You should see a doctor today. | 你今天真该去看医生 |
[25:10] | All right. Let’s go. Six dollars. | 好啦,付钱啦,每人六美元 |
[25:12] | I can’t believe she sent a cleaning bill. | 我真不敢相信她要我们付干洗帐单 |
[25:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:15] | And it doesn’t really bode well for the show, does it? | 这表明那节目凶多吉少了,对吧? |
[25:18] | Forget about the show. We should take the idea to a different network. | 甭提那节目了,我们应该别家电视台看看! |
[25:21] | Oh, yeah. Right. | 哦,对的,好吧 |
[25:23] | Like anybody’s ever gonna do this. | 好像别家电视台都会接受你的! |
[25:26] | How did you get me to go with that? | 我怎么会听你说呢? |
[25:28] | A show about nothing. | 一出“无题”的节目 |
[25:33] | It was a good idea. Susan liked it. | 那主意很好,苏珊喜欢呢 |
[25:36] | And if he hadn’t vomited all over her, we’d be writing it right now. | 要不是他吐了人家一身, 我们现在就在写剧本了 |
[25:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛啊? |
[25:52] | What’s wrong with you? What are you doing? Give me that. | 你怎么啦?你在干嘛啊?给我电话 |
[25:55] | Go to your apartment and lie down. I’ll make an appointment for a doctor. | 回你房间好好躺着吧,我给你约医生 |
[26:02] | Hello? Oh, hi, I’m sorry. | 你好?哦,嘿,不好意思啊! |
[26:04] | No, that’s my neighbor. He’s not quite himself. | 不,那是我的邻居,他不太正常 |
[26:07] | He got kicked in the head. | 他的头部被人袭击了 |
[26:09] | What? Really? You’re kidding. | 什么?真的吗?你没开玩笑吧 |
[26:12] | Today? Yeah, sure. We could make it. Two o’clock? | 今天?是的,当然,我们有空, 2点可以吗? |
[26:16] | Yeah, we could do that. | 是的,可以的 |
[26:17] | Okay. Great. Thanks a million. | 好的,很好,万分感谢 |
[26:20] | Okay. Bye. | 好的,再见 |
[26:21] | – What? – NBC. | – 咋啦? – 国家广播电视台的 |
[26:23] | They wanna have another meeting. | 他们想在开一次会,谈下主题的事 |
[26:25] | They wanna have another meeting? | 他们还要开一次会? |
[26:28] | They wanna buy it! | They wanna buy it! What did I tell you? 他们要接受了!他们接受了! 我都说了嘛? |
[26:31] | We’ll be rich! What are we gonna get? | 我们要成富翁了?我们能得多少啊? |
[26:32] | – Fifty, 60 thousand. – I don’t know about 60. | – 五,六万 – 不会有六万啦 |
[26:35] | Oh, it’s gotta be 50. | 哦,那就五万吧 |
[26:37] | You know how much Ted Danson makes? | 你知道泰德・丹森挣多少钱吗? |
[26:40] | Ted Danson. Now, how are you comparing us to Ted Danson? | 泰德・丹森,时下的我们怎么可以和他比啊? |
[26:42] | – I didn’t say we’re Ted Danson. – You did. You said we’re Ted Danson. | – 我没说我们是泰德・丹森 – 你说了,你说我们是泰德・丹森 |
[26:46] | – You know, I think he wears a piece. – Yeah, don’t worry. He can afford it. | – 你知道吗,我以为他穿补丁呢 – 别担心,人家又不是买不起 |
[26:53] | – What time do you have? – Five till. | – 几点啦? – 刚好五点 |
[26:54] | See, I’m 10 minutes slow again. | 我的表又慢了十分钟 |
[26:56] | That’s it for this piece of junk. I’ve had it. | 垃圾死了,我都受够了 |
[26:59] | – The one your parents gave you? – It never works. | – 你父母给的那个吗? – 没准时过的 |
[27:01] | We’re supposed to be there. We should take a cab. | 我们现在应该到的了,我们打车吧 |
[27:03] | We’ll be a little late. I’m not taking a cab. | 我们会晚一点,但不要打车啦 |
[27:06] | – I’ll pay for it. – It’s not the money. | – 我出钱啦 – 不是钱的问题 |
[27:08] | What is it you object to? The comfort? The speed? The convenience? | 那你为啥不坐啊?不舒服?太慢?不方便? |
[27:13] | Jerry! | 杰瑞!杰瑞! |
[27:14] | – Uncle Leo! – Hello! | – 里奥叔叔! – 你好啊! |
[27:16] | Hello there. How you doing? | 你好,最近还好吧? |
[27:18] | – How are you? How’s Mom and Dad? – Good. Fine. | – 你好啊? 父母还好吧? – 很好 |
[27:22] | What, are you getting to be too much of a big shot now to give me a call? | 咋啦,成大人物了都不给我打电话了 |
[27:25] | I don’t hear from you anymore. | 你很久没和我联系了啊 |
[27:27] | Oh, no, I’ve been kind of busy, that’s all. | 噢,不是啦,只是有点忙 |
[27:29] | You know where I just came from? | 你知道我刚去哪了吗? |
[27:32] | – Danny Barber. – Oh, sure. Danny. | – 丹尼・巴布尔 – 噢,丹尼・巴布尔啊 |
[27:34] | He used to be in the pajama business. | 他以前是做睡衣生意的 |
[27:36] | Remember, I got my pajamas for free. | 还记得吗,我的睡衣就是免费的 |
[27:38] | I used to come over and give you pajamas. | 我以前过来给你睡衣的 |
[27:40] | Oh, yeah, yeah. I remember. | 哦,是的,是的,我记得 |
[27:41] | Funny thing is, I can’t wear them. I get too hot. | 但有趣的是,我穿不了了,太热了 |
[27:45] | I sleep in my underwear and a T-shirt. | 我就穿内衣和T恤睡觉 |
[27:47] | If it gets too hot, I just take the T-shirt off. | 如果还热的话,我就脱掉T恤 |
[27:49] | Anyway, Danny says to me: | 总之,Danny对我说: |
[27:52] | – “You need any pajamas?” – I’m sorry, Uncle Leo. | – “你需要睡衣吗?” – 抱歉,Leo叔叔 |
[27:54] | I really gotta get going. | 我真的得走了 |
[27:57] | Well, you gotta get going, so go. | 好吧,你要走啦,走吧 |
[28:01] | We got a big meeting with the president of NBC. | 我们要和国家广播电视台的总裁开会 |
[28:03] | – Nobody got a gun to your head. – Yeah. I’m really sorry. | – 没人拿枪指着让你留下 – 是的,很抱歉 |
[28:06] | Go. Really, I understand. | 去吧,真的,我理解 |
[28:08] | You got an appointment. Go to your appointment. | 你有约,去赴你的约吧 |
[28:10] | – I’m sorry. Really. – You know… | -很抱歉,真的 – 你知道… |
[28:12] | …I know plenty of people in Hollywood too. | …我也认识很多好莱坞的人 |
[28:16] | Sorry. Really. | 不好意思啦,真的 |
[28:34] | – Yeah? – Come on, are you ready? Let’s go. | – 谁? – 快点,你准备好了吗?出发啦 |
[28:40] | – For what? – What’s with you? | – 干嘛去? – 你怎么啦? |
[28:42] | I just talked to you 15 minutes ago. | 十五钟前不是告诉你了吗? |
[28:44] | – About what? – The courthouse. | – 什么东西啊? – 法院啊 |
[28:46] | You gotta go with me to court. I’m contesting the ticket. | 你得陪我去法院,我去申请传票 |
[28:49] | – I can’t. I’m going to the doctor’s later. – You gotta go. | – 我不能去,呆会我还要去看医生 – 你必须得去 |
[28:52] | You’re my alibi. You have to take the stand. | 你有我的不在场证明,你得出席作证 |
[28:54] | – Well, I can’t. – Well, let me remind you of something. | – 嗯,我不能去 – 好吧,我提醒你些事情 |
[28:57] | You wouldn’t even be here today if it wasn’t for me and my helmet. | 要不是我和我的头盔,你就不会站在这了 |
[29:00] | I saved your life. You would be dead! | 我救了你的命,不然你就死翘翘了! |
[29:03] | You would cease to exist. You’d be gone for the rest of eternity. | 你就不复存在了,连来世都没了 |
[29:06] | Can you even begin to comprehend what that means? | 现在你明白什么意思了吗? |
[29:08] | Shut up! | 别说了! |
[29:09] | I’ll get my coat. | 我去穿外套 |
[29:12] | Don’t step on anything. | 别乱踩东西 |
[29:17] | There are many things that I think you can point to… | 你能找到很多… |
[29:20] | …as proof that the humans are not smart. | …证明人类不太睿智的证据 |
[29:23] | But my personal favorite would have to be that we had to invent the helmet. | 但我个人最喜欢的就是:人类发明了头盔 |
[29:28] | What happened was we were involved… | 然后我们参加了… |
[29:29] | …in a lot of activities that were cracking our heads. | …许多活动中,那让我们很伤脑筋 |
[29:33] | We chose not to avoid doing these activities, but instead… | 尽管我们选择不逃避这些活动,但是… |
[29:37] | …to come up with some sort of device… | …我们还要设计一些设备… |
[29:39] | …to help us continue enjoying our head-cracking lifestyles: | …来帮助我们继续享受 让我们头脑分裂的生活方式: |
[29:43] | The helmet. | 头盔 |
[29:45] | Not enough people were wearing them… | 即便没多少人戴… |
[29:47] | …so we had to come up with the helmet law… | …但我们还得制定有关头盔的法律… |
[29:49] | …which is even stupider. The idea behind the helmet law… | …更愚蠢的是,这些头盔法律的初衷… |
[29:52] | …is to preserve a brain whose judgment is so poor… | 是为了保护那些脑瓜迟钝的人的大脑… |
[29:56] | …it does not even try to stop the cracking of the head it’s in. | …而不是阻止击头党 |
[30:02] | Did you see the look on his face? Did you see how insulted he was? | 你看见他的表情吗? 你看到他感觉多受侮辱吗? |
[30:06] | What could I do? What are we supposed to do? | 我能做什么?我们能怎么办啊? |
[30:08] | You can’t leave. | 你不能离开 |
[30:09] | There’s no excuse good enough to justify walking away… | 你完全没充分的理由就这样中断 |
[30:13] | …from a conversation with one of my relatives. | …你和亲戚的谈话… |
[30:16] | I didn’t shave this morning. I don’t feel like myself. | 早上我没有刮胡子,我觉得很不自在 |
[30:19] | You could be a fireman on a fire truck on the way to a fire. | 你就像一个坐在救火车去救火路上消防员 |
[30:24] | You bump into one of my relatives, “Sorry, Uncle Leo… | 你碰到了我的一个亲戚, “对不起,Leo叔叔… |
[30:27] | …there’s a building full of people burning down. I do have to be running.” | …有幢大楼起火了,我不得不赶过去” |
[30:31] | He’ll go, “Go. Go ahead. Go to your fancy fire. | 他会说,“去,去吧, 救你的所谓“大火”去吧 |
[30:36] | If that’s what you have to do.” | 那是你应该做的 |
[30:40] | – Look at this. – Why didn’t you shave this morning? | – 看这 – 为啥你早上没有刮胡子? |
[30:43] | Because I shaved yesterday in the afternoon. | 因为我昨天下午刮过了 |
[30:46] | – Why? – Because of the day before. | – 为什么? – 那又得从前天说起 |
[30:48] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长啦 |
[30:50] | I can’t get back on schedule. | 总之就是生活没法规律了 |
[30:53] | Is that Joe Davola? | 那是乔伊・德沃拉吗? |
[30:55] | It’s not him! | 不是他啦! |
[30:59] | I can’t live like this. I’m being stalked. | 我不能再这么担惊受怕地过下去了 我总感觉自己被跟踪了 |
[31:01] | Mr. Seinfeld. They’re ready for you. | 宋飞先生,他们准备好见您了 |
[31:04] | Mr. Seinfeld. What about Mr. Costanza? | 宋飞先生,那我克斯塔萨先生呢? |
[31:06] | I’m not here? | 难道我不在这吗? |
[31:08] | All right. You promised. | 说好了,你得保证 |
[31:10] | You’re gonna be a little more flexible on the nothing idea. | 在关于“无题”这个点子上 你得多变通一些 |
[31:13] | – Just a little. – All right. A little. | – 就一点 – 好吧,就一点 |
[31:18] | Okay. You all set? You got your story? | 你都准备好了? 记好你该说什么了吗? |
[31:20] | – No. – When he stopped me… | – 没 – 交警拦住我的时候… |
[31:21] | …I told him I was rushing because my friend was about to commit suicide. | …我跟他说我急着赶回去 是因为我朋友要自杀了 |
[31:25] | Now, you’re that friend. | 而你,就是那个朋友 |
[31:27] | All we need is a reason why you were gonna commit suicide. | 我们现在要做的 就是找个你要自杀的理由 |
[31:33] | I never had an air conditioner. | 我那没有空调 |
[31:38] | No. That’s no reason to kill yourself. | 不行,这算哪门子自杀理由 |
[31:40] | Why? It gets hot at night. You can’t sleep. | 为什么不行? 晚上热得你没法睡觉 |
[31:42] | You ever try to sleep in a hot room? | 你有在一个闷热的房间里睡过觉吗? |
[31:44] | I sleep in a really hot room. I don’t wanna kill myself. | 我每晚睡的那间就很热 可我不会这么着就想自杀 |
[31:47] | I’ve slept in really hot rooms, and I wanted to kill myself. | 我睡的房间都很热,热得我想自杀 |
[31:50] | No, no, that’s not gonna work. Something else. | 不行,不行,这肯定行不通,换个别的 |
[31:56] | I was never able to become a banker. | 我从来没当上银行家 |
[32:00] | Banker! So you’re killing yourself… | 银行家!这么说你自杀是因为… |
[32:03] | …because your dreams of becoming a banker have gone unfulfilled. | …因为你当银行家的梦想从来没法实现 |
[32:08] | You… You… You can’t live without being a banker. | 你…你…你当不了银行家就活不下去 |
[32:11] | Yeah, yeah. If I can’t be a banker, I don’t wanna live. | 没错,没错,如果我当不上银行家 我就不想活了 |
[32:14] | – You must be a banker! – Must be a banker! | – 你一定要当银行家! – 必须的! |
[32:17] | Okay, we’ll go with the banker story. | 好,我们就用银行家这个故事 |
[32:27] | Story is the foundation of all entertainment. | 故事是所有娱乐方式的基础 |
[32:31] | You must have a good story. Otherwise, it’s just masturbation. | 你一定要有个好的故事 否则,简直就跟手淫一样 |
[32:44] | And people really have to care about the characters. | 而且观众一定会非常关心剧中角色 |
[32:46] | Care? Forget about care. Love. | 关心?算了吧,是爱 |
[32:48] | They have to love them. Otherwise… | 他们一定要爱上这些角色,否则… |
[32:50] | …why tune in? – Wouldn’t tune in. | …还有谁会想看呢? – 没人会看 |
[32:52] | – Would they tune in? – No tune. | – 他们会看吗? – 当然不会 |
[32:55] | We like to look at a show as if it were an EKG. | 我们希望这部剧像心电图一样 |
[32:58] | You have your highs and your lows. And it goes up and down. | 要有高峰,低谷,得有起伏 |
[33:01] | This show will be like a heart attack. | 这剧会像心脏病突发 |
[33:04] | Just a huge, massive coronary. | 像场超级猛烈的心脏病 |
[33:07] | So, what you said last week about no story… | 那你上星期说的关于没有主题的故事… |
[33:10] | …you’re a little flexible on that now. | …现在有些变通了 |
[33:12] | Is that what I said, “no story”? Because Jerry had to tell me later. | 我说过这样的话吗,“没有故事情节”? 因为后来杰瑞跟我说了 |
[33:18] | He couldn’t believe it. | 他觉得难以置信 |
[33:20] | I said… I said, “Get out of here. No story? | 我说…我说,“少来,没有故事情节? |
[33:23] | Is that what I said?” | 这是我说的话吗?” |
[33:30] | Well, I informed him that he was exceeding the speed limit… | 是这样,我告诉他他超速了… |
[33:33] | …and that’s when he told me that he was racing home… | …然后他就说他急着回家… |
[33:37] | …because his friend was about to commit suicide. | …是因为他的朋友要自杀 |
[33:40] | And then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[33:42] | He became very loud and hysterical. | 他开始大声呼喊,歇斯底里 |
[33:44] | He was flailing his arms about as he told the story… | 他在说话的时候挥舞着双臂… |
[33:47] | …and then he threw himself on the ground… | …接着他就躺倒了地上… |
[33:49] | …and he grabbed me around the legs… | …拉着我的腿求我… |
[33:51] | …and he begged me to let him go. | …求我放他走 |
[33:53] | And when I refused… | 当我拒绝的时候… |
[33:55] | …that’s when he began to scream, “My friend’s going to die. | …他就开始尖叫:“我的朋友快死了 |
[33:58] | My friend’s going to die.” | 我的朋友快死了” |
[34:02] | I don’t know how you guys feel, but we would like to be in business with you. | 我不知道你们是怎么想的 但我们确实想和你们合作 |
[34:06] | – We would like to be in business. – Love to be in business. | – 我们想合作 – 非常想 |
[34:09] | – We’ll do business. – Business. | – 我们会合作的 – 对,合作 |
[34:11] | – Let’s have business. – This is business. | – 我们合作吧 – 这就是在合作嘛 |
[34:13] | Would it be possible to get a copy of La Cocina? | 我们能否要一份La Cocina的副本? |
[34:20] | Your off-Broadway play. | 你的那个非百老汇剧本啊 (戏剧作品,常为实验性的且不昂贵 常在纽约城百老汇娱乐区外上演) |
[34:24] | Gee, you know… | 唉,那个… |
[34:26] | It’s… It’s the damndest thing. l… | 那…那真是最倒霉的事儿,我… |
[34:28] | I moved recently, and my files disappeared. | 我最近搬家,资料全丢了 |
[34:32] | Now l… I don’t know if they fell off the truck… | 我…我不知道他们是从卡车上掉了… |
[34:35] | …or if there was some foul play, but let me tell you: | …还是有人使小心眼 不过我一定要告诉你: |
[34:38] | I am not through with that moving company. | 我跟那搬家公司没完 |
[34:40] | That’s my vow to you. | 我发誓 |
[34:42] | Well, I got a feeling about you two. | 说实话我挺喜欢你们两个 |
[34:45] | And even more than that… | 更重要的是… |
[34:47] | …I place great confidence in this lady’s judgment. | …我对这位女士的眼力有绝对的信心 |
[34:50] | – Good judgment. | – Good judgment. – 好眼力 – 好眼力 |
[34:51] | – That’s a pile of judgment. – Yes. Yes, judgment with earrings on. | – 好得没话说 – 戴着耳钉的好眼力 |
[34:56] | So let’s make a pilot. | 那我们就决定试播吧 |
[35:02] | I had gone up to Westchester. | 我得去西斯特切斯特 |
[35:05] | I go every Tuesday. | 我每周二都要去 |
[35:07] | I do charity work with the blind… | 我为从事盲人慈善工作… |
[35:10] | …in my spare time for the Lighthouse. | …一般是在空闲的时候去“灯塔” |
[35:14] | I was in the middle of a game of Parcheesi with an old blind man… | 我那会正和一个双目失明的老人 玩Parcheesi…(巴其戏) |
[35:19] | …and I excused myself to call my friend… | …然后我说抱歉去给朋友打个电话… |
[35:22] | …as he was very depressed lately… | …因为他最近情绪很低落… |
[35:24] | …because he never became a banker. | …因为他从来没当上银行家 |
[35:28] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[35:30] | You see, it had been his lifelong dream to be a banker, and he… | 你想啊,当银行家是他毕生的梦想 而他… |
[35:33] | Just the day before, he was turned down by a bank. | …就在前一天 被一家银行拒绝了 |
[35:35] | I believe it was the Manufacturers Hanover… | 我想是汉华实业银行… |
[35:38] | …on Lexington and 40th Street. | …就是坐落在莱克星顿大街 和四十大街交界处那个 |
[35:40] | That was the third bank in two weeks to turn him down… | 那是两星期来 第三家拒绝了他的银行… |
[35:43] | …so I was… I was a little concerned. I wanted to see how he was doing. | …所以我…我…有点担心他 我想问问他是不是没事了 |
[35:47] | Well, Your Honor, he was barely audible… | 法官大人,那时候他的声音 轻得几乎听不见 |
[35:50] | …but l… I distinctly recall him saying… | …但是,我…我马上想起他说过… |
[35:53] | Hey, Yo-Yo Ma. | 嘿,马友友 (华裔钢琴家……�澹� |
[35:58] | So I sped home to save my friend’s life, and I was stopped for speeding. | 所以我急速赶回去救我的朋友 但却因为超速被拦下来了 |
[36:02] | Yes, I admit I was speeding… | 没错,我承认我超速… |
[36:05] | …but it was to save a man’s life. | …但那是为了挽救另一个人的生命 |
[36:08] | A close friend. | 一个亲密的朋友 |
[36:09] | An innocent person who wanted nothing more out of life than to love… | 一个只是想去爱,想被爱… |
[36:13] | …to be loved and to be a banker. | …和想当银行家的无辜的人 |
[36:16] | So then he didn’t kill himself? | 那他没自杀喽? |
[36:18] | No, sir, he did not. | 没有,法官大人,没有 |
[36:20] | But only by the grace of God. | 但这只是因为上帝的垂怜 |
[36:22] | He is in the courtroom today, sitting right over there! | 他今天就在法庭上,就坐在那儿! |
[36:26] | And he can corroborate my entire testimony. | 他可以证明我的所有证词 |
[36:33] | See! Told you! I told you! | 瞧,我说了吧,我说了吧! |
[36:38] | – Now all we gotta do is write it. – Yes! | – 现在我们只要把它写下来就行了 – 没错! |
[36:40] | How are we gonna do that? | 那我们怎么写呢? |
[36:43] | – Hey! Congratulations. – Thanks. | – 嘿!恭喜啊 – 多谢 |
[36:46] | – Thank you. Thanks. | – Thank you. – 多谢,多谢 – 太感谢了 |
[36:47] | You know, I thought you were mad at me. | 我以为你会生我的气 |
[36:49] | Mr. Seinfeld, you have a telephone call. | 宋飞先生,有您的电话 |
[36:52] | Phone call? Who knows I’m here? | 电话?谁会知道我在这儿呢? |
[36:57] | Hello? Mom? | 喂?老妈? |
[37:00] | How did you know I was here? | 你怎么知道我在这儿? |
[37:03] | Oh, I was not rude to him. That is baloney! | 哦,我没对他凶啊!真是胡说八道! |
[37:08] | I couldn’t talk. I had a meeting. | 我那时候没空聊,我要开会 |
[37:12] | I don’t know. He… He went off on some thing about pajamas. | 不知道,他…他大概说了些 关于睡衣的事儿 |
[37:17] | When you sent me the bill, I thought the show didn’t have a chance. | 你给我那干洗的账单的时候 我以为这剧没戏了 |
[37:21] | Oh, it was only vomit. | 哦,只是被吐了一身而已 |
[37:25] | Anyway, I would like to pay for the dry cleaning. | 不管怎么说,我得付你衣服干洗的钱 |
[37:27] | – Oh, no, no. It’s okay. – Oh, no, no, no. | – 哦,不用了,没事的 – 不,不,不 |
[37:29] | We all chipped in. We have the money. | 我们都出了一份,我们有钱 |
[37:33] | Well, it was $ 18. | 好吧,18块 |
[37:35] | – Okay, $ 18. There it is. There you go. – All right. | – 好的,18块,给,拿好 – 好了 |
[37:40] | So maybe we could get together this weekend. | 那我们这周末还能一块出去吗 |
[37:43] | – Yeah. Call me. – All right. Great. | – 好啊,打电话给我 – 好,太棒了 |
[37:46] | – Bye. | – Bye. Thanks. – 拜 – 拜,谢谢 |
[37:47] | Bye. | 拜 |
[37:49] | I can’t believe she took the money. | 我真不敢相信她收了那钱 |
[37:54] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[37:56] | I offered to pay. She should have said no. | 我说给,她应该说不用啦 |
[37:58] | She did. You insisted. | 她说了,可你一定要给 |
[38:00] | This is what the pilot should be about. Vomiting on somebody’s vest. | 也许试播的剧本就可以用这个 关于吐了某人一身 |
[38:04] | How much are we gonna get for this? | 我们能赚多少?五万?六万? |
[38:06] | – Oh, l… I don’t know. – We gotta get 50. Gotta get 50. | – 额,我…我不确定 – 应该有五六万吧,一定有五万 |
[38:09] | We’ll go. You call your manager. Maybe they made an offer. | 走走走,去咖啡屋,给你经理打电话 或许他们已经说定报酬了 |
[38:12] | – Okay. – All right, let’s go, let’s go. | – 好吧 – 太好了,快走快走 |
[38:16] | Thirteen thousand? | 一万三? |
[38:18] | Thirteen thousand. | 就是一万三 |
[38:20] | – Apiece? – No, for both. | – 每人一份? – 不,是两个人的 |
[38:22] | That’s insulting. Ted Danson makes $800,000 an episode. | 简直是侮辱 特德・丹森一集就能赚80万 (美国演员) |
[38:26] | – Would you stop with the Ted Danson? – Well, he does. | – 你能不能别提特德・丹森? – 可他确实赚那么多 |
[38:29] | – You’re nuts. – I’m sorry. | – 你个疯子 – 那真对不起了 |
[38:31] | I can’t live knowing that Ted Danson makes that much more than me. | 我就是受不了 特德・丹森比我多赚那么多 |
[38:34] | – Who’s he? – He’s somebody. | – 他算老几? – 他算得上是个人物 |
[38:36] | – What about me? – You’re nobody. | – 那我呢? – 你是个无名小卒 |
[38:37] | – Why him? Why not me? – He’s good. You’re not. | – 为什么他是大人物而我不是? – 因为他优秀而你不是 |
[38:39] | – I’m better than him. – You’re worse. | – 我比他强多了 – 你比他差 |
[38:42] | Much, much worse. | 差很多,差很多很多 |
[38:46] | – There’s Davola. – What? Where? | – 德沃拉来了 – 什么?哪儿? |
[38:48] | – Where? – Outside. I just saw him outside. | – 哪儿?哪儿? – 外头,我看到他在外头 |
[38:57] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[38:59] | Oh, it’s this patient. | 哦,是关于病人的事 |
[39:02] | Again? | 又来? |
[39:04] | I’m fairly certain. | 我相当肯定 |
[39:06] | I forgot to leave him an extra prescription for his medication. | 我忘了给他开足够的处方了 |
[39:09] | Well, so he can live without his Valium for a couple of days. | 就算他几天不吃安定也死不了吧 |
[39:13] | No, you don’t understand. | 不,你不清楚状况 |
[39:16] | He could be dangerous. | 他会变得很危险 |
[39:21] | Go outside and see if he’s there. | 出去看看他是不是还在那 |
[39:23] | I can’t go. He knows we’re friends. | 我不能出去,他知道我们是一伙的 |
[39:25] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办? |
[39:27] | I gotta take Kramer to the doctor. | 我还得带克莱默去看医生 |
[39:30] | – Tell the cop. – Good idea. | – 找警察去 – 好主意 |
[39:38] | Excuse me, officer. | 打扰一下,警官 |
[39:39] | There’s a guy outside, and he’s a nutjob, and he’s waiting to beat me up. | 外头有个疯子 他等着我出去好打我一顿 |
[39:43] | If you could just walk me outside and wait till I get into a cab. | 你能不能陪我出去,送我上了出租车? |
[39:47] | Yeah, all right. Just… Just let me get a muffin. | 耶,没问题,只要… 等我吃个小松饼 |
[39:50] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[39:57] | He’s gonna get a muffin. Then he’ll walk us outside. | 他要先吃个小松饼,然后就送我们出去 |
[40:00] | This is a great way to go through life, isn’t it? | 一辈子这么躲着也不错,不是吗? |
[40:03] | Hey, he’s looking at the menu now. | 嘿,他在看菜单了 |
[40:06] | What’s he looking at the menu for? | 他看菜单干嘛? |
[40:09] | I thought you said he was gonna get a muffin. | 我以为你说他只是吃个松饼 |
[40:19] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛? |
[40:22] | – What? – What, you’re ordering food now? | – 什么? – 什么,你在点菜? |
[40:25] | Yeah. Yeah, I decided to get a sandwich. | 咋啦,我想吃个三明治 |
[40:27] | What happened to the muffin? | 那松饼呢? |
[40:29] | I got a little hungry. | 我饿了 |
[40:31] | All of a sudden you get hungry? | 你突然就饿了? |
[40:33] | Yeah. You got a problem with that? | 耶,你不满意吗? |
[40:36] | No. | 不是 |
[40:37] | Enjoy your lunch. | 好好享用你的午餐 |
[40:43] | You know, a muffin can be very filling. | 你知道嘛,松饼其实也可以吃得很饱 |
[40:50] | – He’s getting a sandwich now. – I thought he was gonna have a muffin. | – 他现在要吃三明治了 – 我以为他只是吃个松饼 |
[40:54] | All of a sudden, he gets hungry. | 他突然就饿了 |
[40:56] | – You know, a muffin can be very filling. – I know. | – 可松饼也能吃得很饱 – 就是啊 |
[41:02] | Mr. Kramer… | 克莱默先生… |
[41:05] | …you heard the testimony so far. | …你听证词听到现在 |
[41:07] | Would you please tell the court, in your own words… | 是否可以用你自己的话,告诉法庭 |
[41:09] | …what happened on the afternoon of September 10th? | …在九月十日的下午发生了什么事? |
[41:13] | What do you mean, “in my own words”? | 你说“用我自己的话”是什么意思? |
[41:15] | Whose words are they gonna be? | 这不是我的话还能是谁的? |
[41:17] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我说什么 |
[41:20] | – I was very upset that day. – And why was that? | – 那天我很沮丧 – 为啥呢? |
[41:23] | – Would you let me say…? Let me talk. – All right. Go ahead. | – 你能不能让我说完…?让我说完 – 行,你继续 |
[41:26] | – All right. – Okay. | – 行吧 – 好 |
[41:30] | I was very upset that day because I could never become a banker. | 我那天特别沮丧, 因为我永远也当不上银行家 |
[41:34] | And this failure to become a banker… | 而没法成为银行家的挫败感… |
[41:38] | …was eating at you. Eating, eating, eating at you inside. | …吞噬着你,吞噬着,撕咬着 吞食着你的灵魂 |
[41:42] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[41:45] | It was your family that pushed you into banking. It was their dream for you. | 是你的家人逼着你去当银行家 这是他们的梦想而不是你的 |
[41:49] | – Mr. Newman? – I’m trying to establish… | – 纽曼先生? – 我正在重现… |
[41:51] | …Mr. Kramer’s fragile emotional state. My entire case depends on it. | …克莱默先生当时脆弱的心理状态 我案子的成败全看这了 |
[41:56] | Continue. | 继续 |
[41:57] | – As you were saying, Mr. Kramer? – What was the question? | – 你刚才说什么,克莱默先生? – 问题是什么来着? |
[42:01] | You’re telling how your parents pushed you into banking. | 你正在述说你的父母 是如何逼迫你从事银行业 |
[42:04] | Well, my father, when I was a kid… | 哦,我父亲 当我还是个孩子的时候… |
[42:06] | …he took me to the bank… | …他就带我去银行… |
[42:08] | …and he lifted me up, and he pointed to the teller, and he said: | …他把我抱起来,指着那个出纳 对我说: |
[42:11] | “Sonny boy, take a good look at him. | “亲儿子唉,瞧瞧他 |
[42:14] | That’s gonna be you someday.” | 你总有一天也会站到他的位置” |
[42:17] | But you never became a banker, did you, Mr. Kramer? | 但你从没当成银行家 是不是,克莱默先生? |
[42:22] | Why? Why did you fail? | 为什么?为什么你会失败? |
[42:25] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[42:27] | Because you hated your father… | 因为你恨你父亲… |
[42:29] | …and you would do anything to displease him! | …你会不惜一切去和他作对! |
[42:31] | Isn’t that true? | 是不是这样? |
[42:33] | – Could you get to the speeding? – Yes, I intend to, Your Honor. | – 你能快点说到超速吗? – 当然,我正要说,法官大人 |
[42:36] | And then, on the afternoon of September 10th… | 于是,在九月十号的下午… |
[42:39] | …you received a phone call, did you not? | …你接到一个电话,是吗? |
[42:43] | Phone call? | 电话? |
[42:46] | Yes, a phone call. | 对,一电话 |
[42:48] | From who? | 谁打的? |
[42:50] | – From me. – From you? | – 我打的 – 你? |
[42:52] | Yes, from me! From me! I called you, remember? | 对,我!我打的! 我打给你电话,记得吗? |
[42:55] | – You called me? – Yes, I called you, you idiot! | – 你给我打电话? – 对,我打了,你个白痴! |
[42:57] | Because you were going to… | 因为你要… |
[42:59] | – You were going to… Remember? – What? | – 你要…记得了吗? – 记得什么? |
[43:01] | You were gonna… You were gonna… | 你要…你要… |
[43:03] | You were gonna do something… | 你要做一些不好的事… |
[43:06] | …to yourself. You were gonna do something. | …对你自己做不好的事 |
[43:08] | Remember the banking! The banking! It wasn’t working out. | 记得银行的事吗!银行! 因为那事没成 |
[43:11] | I’m afraid I’m gonna have to call… | 恐怕我要宣布… |
[43:13] | – Yes, a banker! – What banker? | – 就是那个,银行家! – 什么银行家? |
[43:15] | You’re a banker! | 你就是那个银行家! |
[43:18] | – Your Honor… – That’s enough, Mr… | – 法官大人… – 够了… |
[43:19] | Mr. Kramer is obviously very distraught. | 很显然,克莱默先生现在很混乱 |
[43:21] | – I’m distraught? – You shut up! | – 我混乱? – 你给我闭嘴! |
[43:27] | I demand a recess so that I can take him outside… | 我请求休庭以便我可以带他出去… |
[43:29] | …and help him regain his composure. | …帮助他重新冷静下来 |
[43:31] | That’ll be $ 75. | 那费用要追加75美元 |
[43:33] | What’s the matter with you, you jerk? We had it all worked out! | 你怎么回事,你个混蛋? 我们都商量好了! |
[43:42] | Is he out there? Do you see him? | 他还在外面吗?你看见他了吗? |
[43:44] | I’m not sure. | 我说不好 |
[43:46] | Well, either you see him or you don’t. | 你要么看见了要么没看见 |
[43:49] | All right, I don’t. | 那样的话,没有 |
[43:54] | What is he doing? | 他在干嘛? |
[43:56] | Is he getting coffee? | 他难道在点咖啡? |
[43:59] | I think he’s getting coffee. | 我觉得他就是在点咖啡 |
[44:02] | What’s with this guy? | 这家伙怎么想的? |
[44:07] | Did you just order coffee? | 你刚刚是不是点咖啡了? |
[44:11] | – Yeah. – This is really too much. | – 是啊 – 这真是太过分了 |
[44:13] | – What is your problem? – I’m sitting over there… | – 你哪里不爽啊? – 我坐在那边… |
[44:15] | …waiting for you to finish for 20 minutes. | …等了二十分钟等你吃完三文治 |
[44:18] | Now you’re drinking coffee. That’s another 10 minutes. | 现在你又在喝咖啡,这又得花十分钟 |
[44:21] | Well, you’re just gonna have to wait. | 那你就给我乖乖等着 |
[44:24] | You never said anything about the banking. | 你从没说过什么银行的事 |
[44:26] | – You’re off your rocker! – Hey, you guys. | – 你脑子有病! – 嘿,是你们啊 |
[44:29] | – Hey. – What are you doing here? | – 嘿 – 你们在这干嘛呢? |
[44:30] | – What are you doing here? – Is Davola outside? | – 那你们在这干嘛? – 德沃拉还在外面吗? |
[44:32] | – Davola? – Yeah. | – 德沃拉? – 对啊 |
[44:34] | – No, I didn’t see him. – Crazy Joe Davola? | – 没,我没看见他 – 疯子乔伊・德沃拉? |
[44:36] | – Jerry, yours is $ 11. – Eleven dollars? For what? | – 杰瑞,这是你的十一美元账单 – 十一美元?是什么的? |
[44:39] | Muffin, sandwich and coffee. | 松饼,三明治和咖啡 |
[44:42] | Hey, NBC okayed our idea. We’re gonna make the pilot. | 嘿,NBC认可我的创意了 我们要写个试播剧本 |
[44:44] | The circus freak show? | 马戏团怪人秀? |
[44:46] | – No. – A pilot? | – 不是 – 试播剧? |
[44:48] | What do you make for something like that? Fifty, 60 thousand? | 那你们能赚多少?五万,六万? |
[44:52] | What’s the difference? The money’s not important. | 我什么区别吗?钱不重要 |
[44:56] | – Hey, Newman, is that your red car? – Yeah. | – 嘿,纽曼,那红车是你的吗? – 对啊 |
[44:58] | – I think you’re getting a ticket. – Run. | – 我想你又被开罚单了 – 快跑 |
[45:00] | – Go! Go! Go! – Hey, what are you doing? | – 快!快!快! – 嘿,你在干嘛? |
[45:02] | It’s after 6:00! You can’t give me a ticket! | 现在已经过六点了!你无权给我开罚单! |
[45:05] | You’re not gonna get away with this. I’ll fight this. | 你没这么容易得逞,我会抗议的 |
[45:07] | – I’ve got witnesses. – I saw the whole thing. | – 我有目击证人 – 我全看见了 |
[45:10] | This would be a good idea for the pilot. | 这事用到试播剧里一定不错 |
[45:13] | Get out of here. The vomiting is funnier. | 走吧,呕吐事件有趣多了 |
[45:15] | Oh, like you know. | 哦,好像你说了算 |
[45:16] | No. You do. | 不,难道你说了算 |
[45:17] | Many states now have traffic school when you have an infraction. | 很多州都设立了交通学校 违规之后都得去学习 |
[45:21] | I went to traffic school. I didn’t mind it. | 我去过那种学校,我无所谓 |
[45:23] | I felt bad for the instructor. | 但我觉得那里的教员挺惨 |
[45:25] | This guy goes to traffic school every day, no matter how he drives. | 无论他怎么开车,他每天都得去那儿 |
[45:29] | What is his incentive to not speed? | 那他为什么不超速呢? |
[45:32] | He’s going to traffic school, anyway. | 反正他无论如何都是要去的 |
[45:35] | Why not get a racecar, do 200 miles an hour down the street? | 干嘛不搞辆跑车 时速200英里在大街上飙车呢? |
[45:38] | Cop stops you. “Where you going?” “Traffic school.” “Go ahead. | 警察拦住你问“你去那儿?” “交通学校”“去吧” |
[45:41] | And you better hurry. You really need it.” | 你得赶紧去了,因为你真该好好学学 |
[45:45] | The punishment should be, instead of traffic school or traffic court, just traffic. | 违规的惩罚不应该是去交通学校 或者交通法庭,而是罚他堵车 |
[45:50] | They sentence you to 100 hours of traffic. | 他们判你堵车100个小时 |
[45:54] | Five people drive all around you… | 派五个人随时随地的开在你周围… |
[45:56] | …at five miles an hour wherever you go. | …时速只有五英里,无论你去哪都是如此 |
[45:59] | You’re on your way to Vegas. There isn’t a car in sight. | 你去拉斯维加斯,放眼望去空无一车 |
[46:02] | Come on, move it. | 但你还是得说“快点,挪一边去” |