时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | The tuxedo is a woman’s view that men are all the same. | 燕尾服传达的是女人的看法 认为男人都是一样的 |
[00:06] | We might as well dress them that way. | 我们倒不如就那样穿 |
[00:09] | To me, a wedding is the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride… | 对我来说,婚礼就是与一位美丽 闪闪发光的新娘… |
[00:13] | …and some guy. | 以及一些男人结合 |
[00:15] | The tuxedo is a wedding safety device, created by women… | 燕尾服是一个由女人创造的婚礼安全装置 |
[00:19] | …because they know that men are undependable. | 因为她们知道男人是不可靠的 |
[00:22] | So in case the groom chickens out… | 所以万一新郎因胆小而放弃 |
[00:23] | …everybody takes one step over, and she marries the next guy. | 每个人都前进一步 然后她就嫁给另一个男人了 |
[00:27] | That’s why the wedding vow isn’t, “Do you take Bill Simpson?” | 这就是为什么结婚的发誓不是说 “你会接受比尔・辛普森吗?” |
[00:30] | It’s, “Do you take this man?” | 而是,“你会接受这个男人吗?” “歌剧” |
[00:38] | Leave a message. I’ll call you back. Thanks. | 留个言,我会回拨给你,谢谢 |
[00:40] | Jerry? Joe Davola. | 杰瑞?乔・德阿沃拉 |
[00:47] | I have a hair on my tongue. | 我舌头上有根头发 |
[00:50] | Can’t get it off. | 拿不掉 |
[00:51] | You know how much I hate that? | 你知道我多讨厌那样吗? |
[00:53] | Of course you do. You put it there. | 你当然知道,是你放那的 |
[00:57] | I know what you said about me, Seinfeld. | 我知道你是怎么说我的,宋飞 |
[00:59] | I know you bad-mouthed me to the execs at NBC. | 我知道你在全国广播公司的 高管面前说了我坏话 |
[01:02] | Put the kibosh on my deal. | 对我的事情说坏话 |
[01:05] | Now I’m gonna put the kibosh on you. | 现在我也要说你坏话 |
[01:08] | You know I’ve kiboshed before. | 你知道我之前也这么做过 |
[01:11] | And I will kibosh again. | 现在我会再做一次 |
[01:20] | – So, what do you think? – About what? | – 那么,你决定得怎么样了? – 什么怎么样? |
[01:22] | – About the opera. – I don’t wanna go. | – 那场歌剧 – 我不想去 |
[01:25] | – You gotta go. – I don’t like the opera. | – 你必须去 – 我不喜欢歌剧 |
[01:27] | What are they singing for? Who sings? | 他们为什么唱?谁唱? |
[01:30] | You got something to say, say it. | 你有什么想说的就说吧 |
[01:33] | You don’t understand. That’s the way they talk in Italy. | 杰瑞,你根本不明白 这就是他们在意大利互相交流的方法 |
[01:36] | They sing to one another. | 他们相互歌唱 |
[01:45] | All right. All right. | 好啦,好啦 |
[01:46] | That’s their way. You listen to the language. | 那就是他们的方式 你聆听那些语言 |
[01:48] | It’s got that sing-songy quality to it. | 唱起来朗朗上口 |
[01:51] | It’s the language, Jerry. The language. | 这就是语言,杰瑞,语言 |
[01:53] | – So why don’t they talk like that now? – It’s too hard to keep up. | – 那为什么他们现在不那样对话呢? – 那样做很难继续下去的 |
[01:57] | You know, they got… They were tired. | 你知道啦,他们…他们累了 |
[02:01] | – Better get that. – Yeah. | – 最好去开门 – 恩 |
[02:02] | – It’s me. – Come on up. | – 是我 – 上来吧 |
[02:05] | – So? – I don’t know. | – 怎么样? – 我不知道 |
[02:07] | Come on. It’s opening night. Black-tie, Pagliacci. The great clown. | 拜托,那是开幕之夜 打着黑领带的伟大的小丑 |
[02:12] | The great, sad, tragic clown, like you. | 伟大,伤心而又悲剧的小丑,像你一样 |
[02:16] | Well, that’s very flattering. | 那你也太夸奖我了 |
[02:19] | How’d you get tickets? They’re impossible to get. | 你是怎么拿到票的 那些票很难搞到手 |
[02:21] | Well, I have many associates. | 呵,我有许多关系 |
[02:24] | I don’t know. Opera, it’s not my kind of thing. | 我不知道,歌剧,它不适合我 |
[02:27] | Then I’m gonna call the whole thing off. | 那我只有把所有东西都取消了 |
[02:29] | Wait a minute. What about George, Susan and Elaine? | 等一等,找乔治,苏珊和伊莲不行吗? |
[02:32] | – Why do you need me? – You’re the nucleus… | – 你为什么那么需要我呢? – 你是核心啊… |
[02:34] | …the straw that stirs the drink. You’re the “magliana.” | 搅拌饮料的吸管,你是“马利亚纳” |
[02:38] | I guess if I’m the magliana, I should go. | 我猜如果我是马利亚纳的话,我就应该去 |
[02:40] | All right. All right. | 好吧,好吧 |
[02:42] | – Good. – Hey. | – 很好 – 嘿 |
[02:44] | You got the tickets, right? | 你拿到票了,是吧? |
[02:45] | – No, I don’t have them on me. – What? That’s why I came over here. | – 不,我没带在身上 – 什么?我来这就是为了拿票的啊 |
[02:49] | My friend’s got them. I’ll pick them up tomorrow. | 我朋友拿着呢,我明天才去取 |
[02:51] | I was gonna surprise Joey with them. You got an extra one, right? | 我本打算拿票来给乔伊一个惊喜的呢 你另外还有一张,对吧? |
[02:56] | Oh, yeah! | 哦,对啊! |
[02:57] | So I finally get to meet your pal Joey. | 这么说我终于能见到你的朋友乔伊了 |
[03:02] | – It’s killing you, isn’t it? – Yeah. | – 让你感到很煎熬,是吧? – 是啊 |
[03:05] | So Joey’s a great lover of the opera. | 这么说,乔伊是歌剧的爱好者咯 |
[03:08] | Listen… | 听着… |
[03:11] | …I got news for you. | 我有些消息告诉你 |
[03:12] | It’s nice to be involved with somebody… | 与那些对老土东西不感兴趣的人… |
[03:14] | …who’s interested in something other than Nick at Nite. | 在一起还是比较好 |
[03:19] | You know, he’s got a grip on reality. | 你知道,他是个很现实的人 |
[03:21] | He’s… He’s happy. He’s well-adjusted. | 他…他很开心,他的自我调节能力很强 |
[03:34] | Looking forward to meeting him. | 我很期待和他见面 |
[03:36] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[03:38] | Where? What’s the rush? | 去哪?干嘛那么急? |
[03:39] | To surprise Joey. I’ve never been to his place. | 给乔伊惊喜啊 我从来没去过他那 |
[03:42] | – I’m just gonna pop in. – Good, men love that. | – 顺便路过就去看看 – 不错啊,男人喜欢那样 |
[03:47] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[03:50] | You got a message, buddy. | 你有留言,兄弟 |
[03:52] | It could be from that blond. | 有可能是那金发美女留的 |
[03:57] | Jerry? Joe Davola. | 杰瑞?乔・德阿沃拉 |
[04:02] | I have a hair on my tongue. | 我舌头上有根头发 |
[04:11] | What am I gonna do? He’s gonna put the kibosh on me. | 我该怎么做?他要在我背后说我坏话 |
[04:14] | – He’s crazy, out of his mind! – Steady, steady! Now, calm yourself! | – 他疯了,彻底疯了! – 稳着,稳着!让自己冷静一下! |
[04:18] | He’s supposed to be on medication. He told me he was on medication. | 他不是应该在进行药物治疗的吗? 他告诉我他在进行药物治疗的啊 |
[04:21] | – What happened to his medication? – Quiet! Now let me think. | – 他的药物出什么问题了啊? – 安静!让我想想 |
[04:24] | I’m gonna call the cops. That’s what I’m doing. The cops. | 我要打电话报警,我真的要找警察才行 |
[04:27] | Why?! They’re not gonna do anything! | 为什么?! 他们将什么都不做的 |
[04:29] | They’re the cops. They gotta do something. | 他们是警察,他们应该为我做些什么 |
[04:31] | He’ll put the kibosh on me. Do you know what it is to be kiboshed? | 他要说我坏话 你知道被说坏话会有什么后果吗? |
[04:35] | – Kibosh. – It’s a terrible mistake. | – 坏话 – 他误解大了 |
[04:39] | He thinks I ruined some deal at NBC. I don’t know anything about it. | 他认为我把他在NBC里的一些事给搞砸了 而我根本什么都不知道 |
[04:42] | – Call and tell him that. – That… That’s what I’ll do. | – 打电话告诉他啊 – 那…那好,就这么做 |
[04:46] | I’ll just call him and tell him. That’s all I’ll do. Right. | 我就打电话告诉他,恩,就这么做 |
[04:50] | He’s a human being. I’ll talk to him. He’ll understand, right? | 他是人类,我和他说,他就能明白,是吧? |
[04:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:56] | Don’t mention my name. | 别提及我的名字 |
[05:00] | Oh, I got the machine. | 噢,是答录机 |
[05:03] | – What’s his message like? – Nice. | – 他的留言怎么样? – 很不错 |
[05:06] | Hello, Joe. Listen, this is Jerry Seinfeld. | 你好,乔,听着,我是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[05:08] | I think there’s been a huge, colossal misunderstanding. | 我觉得我们之类有着很大的误解 |
[05:12] | Big. Big. | 巨大,巨大 |
[05:14] | If we could just talk, we could straighten this out… | 如果我们能沟通一下,就能把误解解开 |
[05:17] | …so call me back. Bye. | 那么回拨给我,再见 |
[05:23] | Joey? | 乔伊? |
[05:26] | Joey? | 乔伊? |
[05:46] | Oh, God. It’s you. You scared me. | 噢,天哪,是你,你吓着我了 |
[05:50] | Good. Fear’s our most primal emotion. | 很好,恐惧是最原始的情感 |
[05:55] | You left your door open. | 你的门开着呢 |
[05:57] | I know. I like to encourage intruders. | 我知道,我喜欢鼓励入侵者 |
[06:04] | What is all this? | 这些都是什么? |
[06:06] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[06:07] | My home is a shrine to you. | 我家就是你的圣殿 |
[06:12] | Where did you get all these pictures? | 这些相片你从哪里得来的? |
[06:14] | I took them myself with a telephoto lens. | 我自己用远距离镜头照的 |
[06:17] | Coming out of your office, your apartment. | 来源于你的办公室和住所 |
[06:20] | Shopping. | 购物的时候 |
[06:22] | Showering. | 洗澡的时候 |
[06:25] | Showering? | 洗澡的时候? |
[06:28] | I develop them myself in my darkroom. | 我自己从我的暗房里面冲洗的 |
[06:30] | Would you…? Would you like to see? | 你…你要去看看吗? |
[06:33] | In the darkroom? Oh, no, thank you. | 在暗房里? 噢,不了,谢谢 |
[06:36] | Not right now. | 现在不行 |
[06:39] | I’m a day person. | 我是白天行动的人(喜欢亮光) |
[06:46] | Are…? Are you all right? | 你…你还好吧? |
[06:49] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[06:51] | Well, I don’t know. You just don’t… | 呃,我不知道,你貌似… |
[06:54] | …seem yourself. – Who am I? | – 看不清自己了 – 我是谁? |
[06:58] | – Who am I supposed to be? – That’s a good question. | – 我应该是谁? – 那是个好问题 |
[07:02] | Good question. It’s very existential. | 一个有关存在的好问题 |
[07:05] | Who are you? Who am I? Well… | 你是谁?我是谁?呃… |
[07:10] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么呢? |
[07:11] | Oh, nothing. I just stopped by to chat. | 噢,没什么,我只是短暂的逗留,聊聊天 |
[07:14] | You know, shoot the breeze. | 你知道的,驱驱寒 |
[07:16] | Were you able to get those Pagliacci opera tickets from your friend? | 你能从你朋友那弄到歌剧《小丑》的票吗? |
[07:20] | I’m really looking forward to it. | 我真的十分期待 |
[07:24] | No, he couldn’t get them. We’re not going. | 不,他弄不到,我们去不了了 |
[07:28] | Really? | 真的? |
[07:32] | Oh, damn it. I just remembered I gotta go. | 噢,见鬼,我刚刚想起来我该走了 |
[07:35] | I left something on. The gas, the lights, the water in the tub. | 煤气,电灯和盆里的水忘关了 |
[07:40] | Something is on somewhere, so I’m just gonna get the… | 某些地方有某些事要做,那么我就去… |
[07:45] | Do you know the story of Pagliacci, Nedda? | 你知道《小丑》的故事吗,内达? |
[07:49] | I’m Elaine. | 我是伊莲 |
[07:51] | He’s a clown whose wife is unfaithful to him. | 他是一个妻子对他不忠的小丑 |
[07:56] | Do you think I’m a clown, Nedda? | 你认为我是个小丑吗,内达? |
[08:00] | Do I think you’re a clown? No. Not if it’s bad to be a clown. | 我认为你是小丑吗? 不,不至于成为小丑 |
[08:04] | If it’s bad to be a clown, then you are definitely not a clown. | 如果小丑真的那么不好的话 那么你绝对不是小丑 |
[08:08] | But if it’s good to be a clown, then I would have to rethink the whole thing. | 但如果成为小丑是件好事的话 那么我将重新考虑所有事情 |
[08:14] | You’ve betrayed me with another, haven’t you, Nedda? | 你背叛了我,和别人在一起了 是吗,内达? |
[08:17] | Who is he? I want you to tell me who he is. | 他是谁?我要你告诉我他是谁 |
[08:19] | I want his name. Tell me his name. | 我要他的名字,告诉我他的名字 |
[08:21] | Oh, like any man would ever look at me. Come on. | 噢,说得所有男人都会看上我似的,拜托 |
[08:25] | I’m gonna get out of here. | 我要出去了 |
[08:27] | Pagliacci kills his wife. | 小丑杀了他的妻子 |
[08:30] | See? Now that’s terrible. That is… That’s not a nice thing to do at all. | 呃,那真是糟糕,那根本不是一件好事 |
[08:33] | I would assume… I don’t know how this Pagliacci thing turns out. | 我假设…我根本不知道小丑的结果是怎样的 |
[08:37] | But I would assume that there was big, big trouble for that clown. | 但我会假设那小丑会有很大很大的麻烦 |
[08:41] | You’re not leaving. | 你不能走 |
[08:49] | But, officer, he threatened me. | 但是,警官,他恐吓我 |
[08:51] | I don’t understand. That’s not right. | 我不明白了,那是不对的 |
[08:52] | What if it was the president of the U.S.? I bet you’d investigate. | 那如果是美国总统呢?我赌你们就会去调查了 |
[08:56] | So, what’s the difference? I’m a comedian of the United States. | 那么,有什么不一样呢? 我是一名美国喜剧演员 |
[09:00] | And I’ll tell you, I’m under just as much pressure. | 而且我告诉你,我现在压力很大 |
[09:03] | All right. Thanks anyway. Okay, bye. | 好吧,谢了,好的,再见 |
[09:10] | – Who is it? – It’s George. | – 是谁啊? – 乔治 |
[09:16] | – You’re locking the door now? – Yeah. | – 你现在锁门了? – 恩 |
[09:29] | Well, well. Look at you. | 看看你 |
[09:33] | It’s a little skimpy there, isn’t it? | 这里有点显得小气了,是吧? |
[09:37] | You know the last time I wore this thing? | 你知道我上一次穿这东西是什么时候 |
[09:40] | Six years ago. | 六年前 |
[09:41] | When I made that toast at Bobby Leighton’s wedding. | 当我在博比・莱顿的婚礼上敬酒时 |
[09:43] | Oh, that was a bad toast. | 噢,那次敬酒敬得真烂 |
[09:46] | It wasn’t that bad. | 没那么差吧 |
[09:47] | I never heard anybody curse in a toast. | 我还没听过有人在敬酒时骂人的 |
[09:51] | I was trying to loosen them up a little bit. | 我只是想让他们放松一点 |
[09:53] | There were old people there. | 当时有老人在场 |
[09:55] | All the relatives. You were like a Redd Foxx record. | 所有的亲戚 你就像罗德・福克斯的录音一样 |
[09:59] | At the end of the toast, nobody even drank. | 敬酒结束后,都没人喝醉 |
[10:02] | They were just standing. They were just frozen. People… | 他们都只是站着,人们像是被冻住了 |
[10:06] | That might have been one of the worst all-time toasts. | 那可能是全时期最差的敬酒之一了 |
[10:09] | Still, her father didn’t have to throw me out like that. | 即使如此,她爸爸也没必要那样赶我走 |
[10:12] | He could’ve asked me to leave. He had me in a headlock. | 他本应该让我走的 他紧紧卡住我的脖子 |
[10:16] | Susan’s not going tonight. | 苏珊今晚不去了 |
[10:18] | What do you mean, not going? Why not? | 你是什么意思,不去了? 为什么不去? |
[10:20] | She had to pick up a friend at the airport. | 她必须得去机场接个朋友 |
[10:22] | It cost me $ 100, this ticket. | 这票花了我100美元 |
[10:24] | – Why didn’t she pay for hers? – That’s a very good question. | – 为什么她不付她自己那份钱 – 这是个好问题 |
[10:28] | She and I go to dinner, she doesn’t even reach for the check. | 她和我去吃饭, 她根本不会碰帐单 |
[10:31] | All I’m asking for is a reach. Is that so much to ask for? | 我只要求她碰一下,这要求很过分吗? |
[10:33] | It’s nice to get a reach. | 碰一碰是真的很好 |
[10:39] | – Who is it? – It’s me! | – 谁啊? – 是我! |
[10:43] | Why are you locking the door now? | 你干嘛把门锁上了? |
[10:45] | Because of Davola. Get in here. | 因为德阿沃拉,进来 |
[10:47] | What the…? | 这… |
[10:51] | – How come you’re not dressed? – I am dressed. | – 你怎么不穿好衣服? – 我穿好了啊 |
[10:54] | – You’re going like this? – Yeah. I want you to hear something. | – 你就这样穿着去? – 是的,我要你听我说些事 |
[10:57] | – You said people dress up for opera. – Well, people do. I don’t. | – 你说的,人们都盛装去看歌剧 – 呃,人们是这样的,我不是 |
[11:02] | If you’re going like that, I’m not going like this. | 如果你穿成那样去 我也不穿成这样了 |
[11:05] | Wait a minute! Do you think I’m comfortable here? | 等一等!你们认为我很舒服吗? |
[11:09] | I can’t change. I got no clothes here. | 我不能换,我没衣服在这里 |
[11:11] | You gotta go like that. I can’t go like this alone. | 你必须那样穿着去,我不能一个人穿成这样 |
[11:14] | Why should I be uncomfortable because my apartment is closer? | 既然我家比较近,我为什么要穿得不舒服呢 |
[11:17] | That’s not the issue. We’re friends. | 那不是一件事,我们是朋友 |
[11:19] | If I gotta be uncomfortable, you gotta too. | 如果我穿得不舒服,你也应该如此 |
[11:21] | All right. I’ll wear this. It’s bad enough I gotta go to the opera… | 好吧,我就这么穿了 去听歌剧已经够糟糕的了 |
[11:25] | …I gotta sit next to Ozzie Nelson over here. | 我还得坐在奥齐・纳尔逊的旁边 |
[11:28] | Would you turn that down? What is that crap? | 你不能关小一点吗? 那是什么鬼东西来的? |
[11:31] | It’s Pagliacci. | 《小丑》 |
[11:33] | Oh, beautiful. | 噢,漂亮 |
[11:34] | We got a little problem here. We got two extra tickets. | 我们这有点儿小问题 我们有两张多余的票 |
[11:37] | – Why, what happened? – Susan isn’t going… | – 怎么会,发生什么了? – 苏珊不去了 |
[11:39] | …and Elaine’s friend isn’t going. – Fantastic. We’ll scalp the tickets. | – 伊莲的朋友也不去了 – 太神奇了,我们可以倒卖这些票 |
[11:43] | We can make maybe 500 a ticket. | 我们一张票可能会挣500块 |
[11:46] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | – 真的? – 噢,是啊 |
[11:48] | People are looking for tickets here? | 人们都在寻找票吗? |
[11:51] | Are you kidding? Opening night, Pavarotti in Pagliacci? | 开玩笑吧,开幕之夜 帕瓦罗蒂主演的《小丑》? |
[11:56] | – We’re gonna clean up. – Oh, man, I knew I’d love the opera. | – 我们将赚钱了 – 噢,兄弟,我就知道我喜欢歌剧 |
[11:59] | – Yeah, right. – Come on, let’s go get the tickets. | – 是啊,对 – 走吧,我们去拿票 |
[12:02] | Listen, I gotta wait for Elaine. I’ll meet you at the theater. | 听着,我得等伊莲 到时在戏院和你们碰面 |
[12:05] | – All right, yeah. – Isn’t scalping illegal? | – 好的 – 倒卖不是非法的吗? |
[12:07] | Oh, yeah. | 噢,是的 |
[12:26] | You sprayed him in the eyes with Binaca? | 你用比安卡(口气清新剂)喷他的眼睛啦? |
[12:33] | Cherry Binaca. It’s new. | 樱桃味的,还是新的呢 |
[12:35] | See, I don’t get that. First they come out with regular. | 看,我搞不懂了 首先他们出的是普通口味的 |
[12:38] | A year later, they have cherry. | 一年后,他们就有樱桃口味的了 |
[12:40] | They know we like cherry. Start with cherry. Then come out with regular. | 他们明知道我们喜欢樱桃味 就应该先出樱桃味,再出普通味的 |
[12:43] | It was like I didn’t know him. He was a different person. | 就像是我一点都不了解他 他像是换了个人似的 |
[12:46] | You should hear the message from my nut. | 你应该从我那疯子那打听些消息 |
[12:49] | Where’s George and Kramer? I wanna get inside already. | 乔治和克莱默哪去了? 我想进去了 |
[12:52] | I feel very vulnerable. | 我感到非常容易受到伤害 |
[12:55] | What you doing? That’s my quarter. | 你在做什么?那是我的钱 |
[12:57] | – No, it’s not. It’s mine. – I was just flipping it. That’s mine. | – 不,不是,是我的 – 我刚掉地上的,是我的 |
[13:00] | No, I dropped it. It’s mine. | 不,是我掉的,它是我的 |
[13:02] | All right, you want it, take it, but don’t try and tell me it’s yours. | 好吧,你要的话就拿着 但别和我说它是你的 |
[13:05] | Well, it is mine. | 它就是我的 |
[13:07] | What, you think I care about the money? | 怎么了,你认为我很在意这钱? |
[13:09] | Is that what you think? I’ll show you. | 你真是那么想的吗?我来让你看看 |
[13:11] | Look at this. Here’s a dollar. Look. | 看,这是一美元,看着 |
[13:13] | That’s how much I care about money. | 这就是我多么在意钱 |
[13:14] | You think I care about money. That’s how much I care about money. | 你认为我很在意钱吗? 那就是我多么在意钱 |
[13:18] | – Why don’t you get lost? – Why don’t you? | – 你干嘛不滚呢? – 那你又干嘛不滚呢? |
[13:20] | – Because I was standing here. – Oh, yeah? | – 因为我本来就站在这里 – 噢,是吗? |
[13:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:28] | I kind of like this opera crowd. I feel tough. | 我有点喜欢上这剧场拥挤的人群了 我感觉很强悍 |
[13:34] | Anybody else got a problem? | 有人遇到问题吗? |
[13:40] | – Hey, clown. – Clown. | – 嘿,小丑 – 小丑 |
[13:42] | Make us laugh, clown. | 让我们笑一下啊,小丑 |
[13:44] | – Nice face, clown. – Make me laugh, clown. | – 脸真好看,小丑 – 让我笑一下啊,小丑 |
[13:55] | I got two. I got two. Pagliacci. | 我有两张,我有两张《小丑》的票 |
[13:57] | Who needs Pagliacci, huh? Come on, the great tragic clown. | 有人需要票吗,哼? 来啊,伟大悲剧的小丑 |
[14:00] | Come on, check it out. He laughs, he cries, he sings. Pagliacci. | 来看看吧,他笑,他哭,他唱,《小丑》 |
[14:03] | I got two beauties right here. Check it out. | 这有两张好东西,看看吧 |
[14:06] | – All right. – Hey, hey, you selling? | – 好吧 – 嘿,嘿,你们在卖东西吗? |
[14:08] | I’m selling. | 是啊 |
[14:10] | – Where are they? – Orchestra, row G, dead center. Primo. | – 什么来的? – 管弦乐,G排,死亡中心,首演 |
[14:13] | You think you died and went to heaven. | 如果你认为你死了的话就去天堂去吧 |
[14:16] | What do you want for them? | 你要卖多少? |
[14:17] | I’ll tell you what I’ll do. You look like a nice guy. | 我会告诉你的,你看上去是个好人 |
[14:20] | A thousand dollars for the deuce. | 两张,1000美元 |
[14:22] | – Give you $500 for the pair. – Yeah. It’s a deal. | – 两张我给你500 – 好啊,成交 |
[14:25] | – No. – What, no? Are you crazy? | – 不 – 什么?不?你疯了吧 |
[14:28] | – Look, let me handle this. – That’s $500. That’s a great deal. | – 来,让我来处理这事 – 500啊,很大手笔了 |
[14:31] | You’re blowing it. The guy’s a pigeon. | 你正在搞砸呢,这人是个鸽子 |
[14:33] | Oh, God, see, he’s walking away. What is wrong with you? | 噢,天哪,看,他走了 你是怎么了? |
[14:37] | That was a $300 profit. | 300块的利润啊 |
[14:39] | I know what I’m doing here, George. | 我知道我在做什么,乔治 |
[14:41] | This is not a Metallica concert. It’s an opera, all right? | 这不是Metallica音乐会 这是场歌剧,好吧? |
[14:45] | A little dignity. A little class. Give me my ticket. | 又不高贵,等级也不高 把我的票给我 |
[14:47] | I will stand over here and sell it. | 我站在这里卖 |
[14:49] | Thank you. Stand over there. I’ll stand over here. | 谢谢,站那去,我站这里 |
[14:51] | – I know where I’m standing. – All right. | – 我知道我的立场 – 好吧 |
[14:54] | – Get your Pagliaccis here! – Pagliaccis right here, huh? | – 到这里来拿《小丑》的票啊 – 《小丑》就在这,哼? |
[14:57] | Where are they already? | 他们都去哪了? |
[14:58] | I guarantee you they don’t sell those tickets. | 我保证他们卖不掉那些票 |
[15:01] | Hey, look. There’s Bobby Leighton’s father-in-law. Mr. Reichman. | 嘿,看,那是博比・莱顿的公公理查曼先生 |
[15:04] | George and I were just talking about him. | 乔治和我正在谈论他呢 |
[15:07] | He threw George out of the wedding. | 他把乔治从婚礼赶出去了 |
[15:09] | Oh, yeah, when George made that bad toast. | 噢,是啊,当乔治敬了那糟糕的酒以后 |
[15:11] | – You remember the curse toast? – Oh, yeah. The curse toast. | – 你记得那骂人的敬酒吗? – 噢,记得,骂人的敬酒 |
[15:15] | Can you believe that message? | 你相信那话吗? |
[15:16] | I gotta spend my life looking over my shoulder. | 我这辈子都得堤防我的背后 |
[15:19] | Me too. | 我也是啊 |
[15:22] | Crazy Joe Davola. | 发疯的乔・德阿沃拉 |
[15:26] | – How do you know his name? – Why wouldn’t I know his name? | – 你怎么知道他的名字的? – 我怎么不知道他的名字? |
[15:29] | – I never told you his name. | – I never told you his name. – 我从来没告诉过你他的名字 – 我从来没告诉过你他的名字 |
[15:32] | – Who are we talking about here? – Joe Davola. | – 我们在说谁呢? – 乔・德阿沃拉 |
[15:35] | Right, Joe Davola. | 是啊,乔・德阿沃拉 |
[15:38] | How do you know his name? | 你怎么知道他的名字的? |
[15:40] | I’ve been out with him three times. I should know the man’s name. | 我和那男人约过三次会 我肯定知道他的名字 |
[15:45] | – Oh, my God! Oh, my God! – He’s stalking you? | – 噢,天哪!噢,天哪! – 他在跟踪你吗? |
[15:48] | – Are you kidding me? – You’re dating the madman… | – 你在和我开玩笑吧? – 你在和那个正准备杀我的人约会 |
[15:50] | …who’s trying to kill me? – Why didn’t you tell me his name? | 你为什么没告诉我他的名字? |
[15:53] | Last night he accused me of seeing someone else. | 昨晚他指责我和别的人在一起 |
[15:56] | – He said, “Tell me his name!” – He said that? | – 他说,“告诉我他的名字!” – 他那么说? |
[15:58] | If he sees us, can you imagine what he’ll do? | 如果他看见我们 你能想象他会做出什么事情吗? |
[16:00] | If he thinks I ruined his NBC deal and stole his girl! | 要是他认为我把他NBC的事情搞砸了 并且还偷了他女人 |
[16:03] | – That will be a kibosh for sure. – What about me? | – 他当然会说我坏话了 – 那我呢? |
[16:06] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[16:08] | Come on. This is Pavarotti. | 拜托这是《小丑》 |
[16:11] | Three hundred dollars. That’s a lot of money. | 300美元?太贵了 |
[16:14] | Steven Holtzman did a production in Tunis last year. | 史蒂文・霍尔茨曼去年在突尼斯演出过 |
[16:17] | From what I understand, the Muslims really took to it. | 据我所知,那些穆斯林十分喜欢 |
[16:21] | I’ll tell you what. You seem like a nice guy. Let’s stop jerking around. | 我告诉你吧,你看上去是个好人 我们就别绕圈子了 |
[16:25] | Give me $250. I got people waiting for me. I gotta get the hell out of here. | 给我250,有人在等我,我要赶紧走了 |
[16:30] | Scalping. I told them to put on extra security. | 倒卖,我告诉过他们要加强保安 |
[16:33] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[16:35] | Pop, would you buzz off? I got something cooking here. | 大叔,你就不能闪一边去吗? 我这正忙着呢 |
[16:37] | – Costanza? – Mr. Reichman? | – 克斯坦萨? – 理查曼先生? |
[16:40] | Still a sewer-mouth. Give me those tickets. | 嘴巴还是那么脏,把票给我 |
[16:42] | Harold, don’t. Harold, be careful of your hair transplant! | 哈罗德,别,哈罗德,注意你刚植的头发 |
[16:48] | Anything is welcome. I accept change. | 无论什么都好,碎钱也行 |
[16:50] | I don’t have anything. I gave it to that guy. | 我什么也没有,我给了那人了 |
[16:55] | You know, you could just say no. | 你知道吗,你可以说不 |
[16:58] | You don’t have to humiliate me. | 但你不必侮辱我 |
[16:59] | I may be dressed as a clown, but I am a person. | 我虽然穿成小丑,但我是一个人 |
[17:03] | – The guy took… – I don’t need people like you… | – 那个人拿了… – 我不需要你这样的人… |
[17:05] | …looking down their noses at me. | 来看低我 |
[17:07] | I am just a street performer trying to make enough to get by. | 我只是个街头演员,想弄点钱来混日子 |
[17:11] | Doctor, is there a doctor anywhere? | 医生,有医生吗? |
[17:14] | We need a doctor! | 我们需要医生! |
[17:16] | What are you, showing off for your girlfriend here, is that it? | 你是在炫耀给你女朋友看,是吗? |
[17:19] | I’m not his girlfriend. We dated for a while but things didn’t work out. | 我不是他女朋友,我们约过会 但是总是有事情处理不了 |
[17:24] | You people make me sick. | 你们这些人让我感到恶心 |
[17:30] | That is one angry clown. | 真是一个愤怒的小丑 |
[17:33] | The hardest part about being a clown… | 当一名小丑最难的部分 |
[17:35] | …it seems to me, would be that you’re constantly referred to as a clown. | 我猜是,你会经常被认为是小丑 |
[17:39] | “Who is that clown? I’m not working with that clown. | “那小丑是谁?” 我不是和那小丑一起工作的 |
[17:42] | Did you hire that clown? | 你聘请了那小丑吗? |
[17:43] | The guy’s a clown.” | 那人是个小丑 |
[17:45] | How do you even start into being a clown? | 你怎么会开始当小丑的? |
[17:47] | How do you know you wanna be a clown? | 你怎么知道你想当小丑? |
[17:49] | I guess you just get to a point where your pants look so bad… | 我猜你只是看到你的裤子很烂 |
[17:52] | …it’s actually easier to become a clown… | 而比起把裤子弄好… |
[17:54] | …than having the proper alterations done. | 顺便做小丑就容易多了 |
[17:57] | If you think about it, a clown, if there isn’t a circus around them… | 如果你想想,一个小丑 要是他们周围没有马戏团的话 |
[18:01] | …is really just a very annoying person. | 他将是个非常烦人的人 |
[18:03] | I mean, you’re in the back seat of this guy’s Volkswagen… | 我的意思是 若你坐在这家伙的大众车的后座 |
[18:07] | “What, you’re picking somebody else up? Oh, man.” | “什么,你还要再搭一个人,噢,兄弟” |
[18:11] | I got one. Who needs one? Pagliacci. Pagliacci. | 我有一张票,有人要吗? 《小丑》,《小丑》 |
[18:14] | The tragic clown. Pagliacci… | 悲剧的小丑 |
[18:21] | What did you say? | 你说什么来着? |
[18:24] | What, are you a cop? | 你是个警察? |
[18:26] | No. I’m a clown. | 不,我是个小丑 |
[18:30] | Man, you look familiar. | 你看起来好面熟 |
[18:33] | You ever been to the circus? | 你去过马戏团吗? |
[18:35] | – Well, when I was a kid. – Did you like it? | – 小时候去过 – 喜欢吗? |
[18:38] | Well, it was fun. | 是挺有趣的 |
[18:41] | Was kind of scared of the clowns. | 有点怕那些小丑 |
[18:45] | Are you still scared of clowns? | 那你现在仍然怕那些小丑吗? |
[18:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:53] | We’re gonna miss the overture. | 我们要错过序幕了 |
[18:54] | Overture, curtains, lights This is it, we’ll hit the heights | 序幕,幕,光 这就对了, 我们达到那高度 |
[19:01] | And, oh, what heights we’ll hit On with the show, this is it | 我们在表演中能达到什么高度呢,这就是啦 |
[19:11] | You know, it is so sad. | 你知道吗,太差劲了 |
[19:14] | All your knowledge of high culture comes from Bugs Bunny cartoons. | 你高文化修养的知识都来自兔八哥卡通 |
[19:19] | Oh, there’s that clown again. What does he want from me? | 噢,又是那个小丑 他到底要什么? |
[19:22] | Look, I’m serious. I don’t have the quarter. | 我是认真的,我没有碎钱 |
[19:25] | – That guy took it. – I don’t want any money. | – 那人拿了 – 我不要钱 |
[19:29] | I smell cherry. | 我闻到樱桃味 |
[19:33] | – It’s Binaca. – Binaca? | – 是比安卡 – 比安卡? |
[19:41] | Go! Go! | 走!走! |
[19:42] | – All right, what did we say, 275? – Two fifty. | – 好吧,我们怎么说的,275块? – 250块 |
[19:47] | – Two fifty? Are you sure? – Yeah, yeah, I’m sure. | – 250?你确定? – 是我确定 |
[19:50] | – All right. All right, 250. – George! | – 好吧,好吧,那就250 – 乔治! |
[19:53] | – Susan. – I don’t believe it. | – 苏珊 – 我不敢相信 |
[19:55] | I’m so glad I caught you. | 很开心能赶上你 |
[19:58] | What are you doing here? You were going to the airport. | 你在这做什么,你不是要去机场的吗? |
[20:01] | Some plane problems. They landed in Philadelphia. | 飞机出了些问题 他们在费城降落了 |
[20:03] | So what? They don’t have another plane? She couldn’t take a bus? | 那怎么了?他们没其他飞机了? 她不能坐汽车? |
[20:06] | She’s coming in tomorrow. But I made it. | 她明天才到,但我成功了 |
[20:09] | Yeah. How about that? You made it. | 是啊,你成功了 |
[20:11] | I’m so excited. Now we get to see the opera together. | 我要激动啊,现在我们一起去看歌剧 |
[20:14] | We get to go to the opera… Get out of here… Together. | 我们一起去…走吧…看歌剧 |
[20:18] | – Who’s that? – That’s, that’s Harry Fong. | – 那是谁? – 那是哈里・福格 |
[20:21] | He’s a very good friend of mine. He’s a big opera buff. | 他是我非常好的朋友 是个歌剧迷 |
[20:23] | Enjoy the show there, Harry! | 好好享受吧,哈里! |
[20:26] | – Come on. Let’s go. – You know what? | – 我们走吧 – 你知道吗? |
[20:29] | – Come on. You gotta let us in. – Not without tickets. | – 拜托,你必须让我们进 – 没有票不行 |
[20:32] | We have tickets. Just not with us. | 我们有票,但不在身上 |
[20:34] | Well, that’s a problem. Excuse me. | 那就是个问题了,请借过 |
[20:38] | You don’t understand. Someone’s after us, a crazy clown. | 你不明白,有人在追我们 一个疯了的小丑 |
[20:40] | – He’s trying to kill us! – A crazy clown is after you? | – 他要杀了我们! – 一个疯小丑在追你们? |
[20:43] | Oh, that’s rich. | 噢,那你们还真有钱 |
[20:46] | Clear the way so people with tickets can pass. | 让让路,好让有票的人通过 |
[20:48] | – We’re with him. – Are you guys ready? | – 我们和他一起的 – 你们准备好了吗? |
[20:50] | – Yes. Yes. – Have you seen George? | – 是的 – 你们看见乔治了吗? |
[20:52] | – We thought he was with you. – Come on. He’s on his own. | – 我以为他和你一起 – 来吧,他自己搞定了 |
[20:55] | Here. | 这里 |
[20:57] | Here I come. | 我来了 |
[21:01] | – These are great seats, huh? – Yeah. | – 座位很不错,是吧? – 恩 |
[21:05] | Boy, some cast, huh? Pavarotti, Eva Marton. | 看这演员阵容 帕瓦罗蒂,伊娃・玛顿 |
[21:08] | Eva Marton. I’ve heard of her. | 伊娃・玛顿,我听说过她 |
[21:11] | – Who’s she playing? – She’s playing Pagliacci’s wife, Nedda. | – 她演什么角色? – 她演小丑的妻子,内达 |
[21:15] | – Nedda? – Yeah. | – 内达? – 恩 |
[21:17] | Oh, my God. | 噢,天哪 |
[21:19] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 不好意思,不好意思 |
[21:22] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:24] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:36] | Susan, what are you doing here? | 苏珊,你在这做什么? |
[21:38] | – My friend’s flight couldn’t make it. – Hi. | – 我朋友的飞机到不了了 – 你好 |
[21:41] | – Where’s George? – I got his ticket. | – 乔治呢? – 我拿了他的票 |
[21:43] | He decided not to come. He said he was uncomfortable. | 他决定不来了,说他不舒服 |
[21:46] | Uncomfortable? | 不舒服? |
[21:48] | How do you think I feel? | 你觉得我什么感觉? |
[21:51] | – How much did you pay for that ticket? – One seventy-five. | – 那票你付了多少钱? |
[21:57] | Kramer, who did you sell your ticket to? | 克莱默,你把票卖给谁了? |
[22:00] | Some nut in a clown suit. | 一个穿小丑服的白痴 |
[22:10] | I had some friends drag me to an opera recently. | 最近有朋友拖着我去看了一场歌剧 |
[22:13] | They’ve all got those little opera glasses. | 他们戴着那些小小的歌剧眼镜 |
[22:15] | Do you really need binoculars? How big do these people have to get… | 你真的需要望远镜吗? 那些人要多大… |
[22:19] | …before you can spot them? | 你才能看到他们呢? |
[22:21] | These opera kids, they’re going 250, 280, 325. | 那些歌剧小孩他们有250、280、325个之多 |
[22:26] | They’re wearing big white woolly vests. | 他们都穿着大大的羊毛背心 |
[22:28] | The women have the breastplates, the bullet hats, the horns coming out. | 女的穿着护胸甲,子弹帽子,还有个角 |
[22:32] | You can’t pick these people out, forget opera. | 你不可能把那些人挑出来,忘了歌剧吧 |
[22:35] | Think about optometry. Maybe that’s more your thing. | 做做视力测定吧 或者更适合你 |