时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | What are lawyers really? | 律师究竟是什么? |
[00:04] | To me, a lawyer is basically… | 我认为律师基本上就是… |
[00:06] | …the person that knows the rules of the country. | …懂得国家规则的人 |
[00:09] | We’re all throwing the dice, playing the game… | 我们都在掷骰子 玩游戏… |
[00:11] | …moving our pieces around the board, but if there’s a problem… | …移着棋盘上的筹码 如果出现问题… |
[00:14] | …the lawyer is the only person that has read the inside top of the box. | …律师却是唯一能 知道盒子内部的人 |
[00:19] | I think one of the fun things for them is to say “objection.” | 他们的一件趣事 就是说“我反对” |
[00:23] | “Objection! Objection, Your Honor.” | “反对!我反对,法官大人” |
[00:28] | “Objection,” of course, is the adult version of “afraid not.” | “反对”确实是 成人“恐怕不是”的说法 |
[00:36] | To which the judge can say two things: | 对此法官有两种回答: |
[00:39] | He can say “overruled,” which is the adult version of “afraid so.” | 他可以说“反对无效” 这是成人“恐怕如此”的说法 |
[00:45] | Or he can say “sustained,” which is the adult version of “duh.” | 或者他可以说“发对成立” 这是成人“不同意”的说法 |
[00:55] | So… So you’re a lawyer. | 那么你是个律师 |
[00:58] | What kind of cases do you handle? | 你处理哪类诉讼? |
[00:59] | Oh, everything. Divorce, patents, immigration and naturalization. | 很多,离婚,专利,移民 |
[01:04] | What is that? lmmigrants come over, you show them how to act natural? | 那是什么?抓到移民者后 你会教他们如何表现自然? |
[01:10] | Are your friends as funny as you? | 你的朋友们也和你一样有趣吗? |
[01:12] | No, they’re not funny at all. No. I have no funny friends. | 不,他们毫不风趣 不,我没有什么风趣的朋友 |
[01:15] | I’m the funny one. El Clown-o. | 我就是个风趣的人,小丑之王 |
[01:19] | Look, I was nice enough to pick it up for you. | 你应该谢谢我帮你收着 |
[01:21] | Hey, I’ve been back four days. I want my mail. | 我已经回来四天了 把信给我 |
[01:24] | It’s mostly bills, magazines and junk mail anyway. | 总之,就是些账单,杂志和宣传单 |
[01:26] | Elaine, that’s what mail is. | 伊莲,这就是信的本质 |
[01:29] | Without bills, magazines and junk mail, there is no mail. | 没有账单,杂志 和宣传单,就没有信 |
[01:32] | – Here’s my card. – Oh, okay. Thank you. | – 这是我的名片 – 好,谢谢 |
[01:34] | – Hey, good talking to you. – Nice meeting you. | – 跟你谈话很开心 – 很高兴认识你 |
[01:40] | – Hi. – Hey, how you doing? | – 你好 – 好,你在做什么 |
[01:42] | You would not believe what just happened. | 你想象不到刚才发生了什么 |
[01:44] | I was waiting for you, and this woman was sitting at the counter. | 我在等你们, 然后那个女人坐在吧台 |
[01:47] | – What, the one who just left? – Yeah. | – 什么,就刚才离开的那个? – 对 |
[01:49] | And so we started talking… | 然后我们开始聊天… |
[01:50] | …and she’s this lawyer, who’s incredible. | …她居然是个律师 难以置信 |
[01:52] | You know, everything I said was funny. | 我说的话很风趣 |
[01:54] | She laughed at everything I said. She thinks I’m hilarious. | 她一直在笑 她觉得我很幽默 |
[01:58] | You know, in a way, it was almost too good. | 总之,一切太棒了 |
[02:00] | I started so good, I can’t go anyplace but down now, you know. | 我的开头很不错 现在我只能一路往下了 |
[02:04] | I got no place to go. | 没有其它路可走 |
[02:07] | Yeah, well, guess it’s all over. | 是,都结束了 |
[02:10] | Hey, is that Babu? | 那不是巴布吗? |
[02:13] | – It is. Hey, Babu! – Jerry. | – 就是他,巴布! – 杰瑞 |
[02:17] | Look at you. You got the job. | 看看,你有工作了 |
[02:19] | – Yes, they give me job, thanks to you. – Oh, I didn’t do anything. | – 是的,他们给了我工作,谢谢你 – 我什么都没做 |
[02:22] | No, you do everything. Get me job, get me place to live in your building. | 不,你都做了,给了我工作 给了我住处,还在同一幢楼里 |
[02:25] | – Come on. – You very good man. | – 拜托 – 你真是好人 |
[02:27] | – Stop. – You did everything for me. | – 别夸了 – 你为我做了一切 |
[02:28] | I can never thank you enough for everything you do. | 我家人都不知道该怎么谢你 |
[02:31] | You see, this is what I do with women. | 我就是这样和女人相处的 |
[02:33] | I start out too strong. | 一开始我就太勇敢 |
[02:35] | Now I have to become real. That’s when it all falls apart. | 现在我必须实在点 可那样一切就失败了 |
[02:39] | What good is real? They don’t want real. They want funny. | 实在有什么好?她们不需要实在 她们要的是幽默 |
[02:42] | – No, they don’t. No. – Oh, yes, they do, Elaine. | – 不,她们不需要, – 是的,她们需要,伊莲 |
[02:45] | Oh, you gotta put on a show. You always gotta give them a big show. | 你必须作秀 时刻带给她们一个大秀 |
[02:48] | You always have to be on. Otherwise, why would they like me? | 一直如此 否则,她们还会喜欢我吗? |
[02:51] | They’d just go for a better-looking guy with more money. | 她们就会去找有钱的帅哥 |
[02:56] | You mean that’s true? I’m right? | 你认同我?觉得我是对的? |
[02:58] | Okay, great. Well, I’m glad everything worked out, Babu. | 好,很好, 很高兴看到一切顺利,巴布 |
[03:00] | – Yes. Everything wonderful. – I’ll see you around the building. | – 是的,事事如意 – 楼里见 |
[03:04] | I’ll see you in the building. | 楼里见 |
[03:06] | – Remember Babu Bhatt? – Who’s he? | – 记得巴布・巴特吗? – 谁? |
[03:09] | Remember that guy, opened the restaurant across the street… | 去年在街对面开餐馆的那个… |
[03:12] | …from the building last year and he wasn’t doing so well? | …经营得不怎么好,记得吗? |
[03:15] | I told him he should make it into all-Pakistani. | 我跟他说 餐馆应该全都改成巴基斯坦风格 |
[03:17] | – It drove him right out of business. – Right. | – 却让他失去生意 – 确实 |
[03:20] | So you going with me to the auto show Saturday? | 星期六跟我去看车展吗? |
[03:22] | – Yeah, yeah. – Can you bring my mail then please? | – 好的,好的 – 请把我的信也带上 |
[03:25] | – What mail? – I picked up his mail… | – 什么信? – 我帮他拿了信 |
[03:27] | …while he was on the road. – Why didn’t Kramer pick it up? | – …他不在家的时候 – 怎么不是克莱默拿? |
[03:30] | Because he was at that baseball fantasy camp in Florida. | 他正在参加佛罗里达的 一个棒球梦幻露营 |
[03:32] | Oh, yeah, right. When’s he coming back? | 对的 他什么时候回来? |
[03:35] | – Monday, I think. – Kramer goes to a fantasy camp. | – 应该是星期一 – 克莱默去了狂欢露营 |
[03:39] | His whole life is a fantasy camp. | 他的一生就是场狂欢露营 |
[03:42] | People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. | 人们拿出$2000 就为了像他那样过一星期 |
[03:46] | Do nothing, fall ass backwards in the money… | 什么也不做 花钱如流水… |
[03:49] | …mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating. | …向邻居要吃的 不约会就做爱 |
[03:52] | That’s a fantasy camp. | 那就是狂欢露营 |
[03:55] | Listen, if you’re gonna go out with this lawyer, have dinner with us… | 听着,如果你想和这个律师出去 可以和我们一起吃饭… |
[03:58] | …then maybe you can go to the auto show with her if you want. | …然后可以和她去看车展 |
[04:01] | Have a little company. Take the pressure off. | 多点人陪 就不会紧张了 |
[04:06] | He never heard of corduroy! | 他从未听过灯芯绒! |
[04:09] | Stop it, you’re killing me! | 不要说了,笑死我了! |
[04:12] | Never heard of corduroy. True story. True story. | 从未听过 真的,真的 |
[04:19] | Funny. | 有趣 |
[04:23] | – No. No, I don’t… I don’t think so. – Why? | – 不,不,我不…我不觉得好 – 为什么? |
[04:27] | Well, I think I’m better off going one-on-one. | 我觉得我们单独碰面比较好 |
[04:30] | I don’t know why you wanna play man-to-man when you could play zone. | 真不明白,明明可以群战 为什么还要一对一 |
[04:36] | She might not be comfortable. | 也许她不喜欢 |
[04:37] | Why? We’re all very nice. We’re very friendly. | 为什么?我们都很好 都很友好 |
[04:39] | – We’ll be funny. – No. No. | – 我们很幽默 – 不,不 |
[04:42] | It’s not good. I don’t think so. | 我不觉得好 |
[04:44] | All right. If you change your mind, we’ll wind up at Isabella’s around 7. | 好吧,如果你改变主意 七点我们可以在伊莎贝拉见面 |
[04:48] | No. No Isabella’s. I don’t want to go to Isabella’s. | 不,不去伊莎贝拉 我不要去那里 |
[04:50] | – Why? – No, it’s too trendy. No Isabella’s. | – 为什么? – 伊莎贝拉太前卫了,不去那里 |
[05:00] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[05:02] | Like I really know what I’m talking about. | 就如我真知道自己在说什么 |
[05:07] | Toasting makes me uncomfortable. | 喝酒使我不舒服 |
[05:09] | But toast I love. | 但我还是喜欢喝酒 |
[05:11] | Never start the day without a good piece of toast. | 每天早上一杯酒 |
[05:15] | In fact, let’s toast to toast. | 让我们来干杯 |
[05:24] | Look who’s here. Georgie boy. | 看看这是谁,乔治 |
[05:27] | What are you doing here? I thought you said you hated Isabella’s. | 你在这干嘛? 我记得你说不喜欢伊莎贝拉 |
[05:31] | No, I talked him into it. | 我叫他来的 |
[05:32] | What happened to the auto show? | 车展怎么样? |
[05:34] | Oh, we’re still going. Still going. Elaine, do the spokesmodel. | 我们还会去,还会去 伊莲,车模是如何说的 |
[05:37] | The turbo quadramatic transmission… | 涡轮四轮变速箱… |
[05:40] | …offers you the power and prestige to propel you… | …给予你权力和威望 将你推向… |
[05:42] | …well into the 21 st century. | …21世纪 |
[05:51] | Hi. | 你好 |
[05:53] | – Hi. – Cheryl, this is Elaine and Jerry. | – 你好 – 谢丽尔,这是伊莲和杰瑞 |
[05:56] | Hi. Nice to meet you. | 你好,很高兴见到你 |
[05:57] | – Would you like to join us? – No, no. They don’t wanna join us. | – 愿意跟我们一起坐吗? – 不,不,他们不想加入我们 |
[06:01] | – No, it’s okay. Don’t be silly. – Okay. | – 不,别傻了,我们愿意, – 好吧 |
[06:02] | Why don’t we put these tables together. | 为什么不把这些桌子拼在一起? |
[06:04] | You can’t do that. They’re round. It makes an eight, and it just… | 不行,桌子是圆的 那样就变成八个人,就像… |
[06:11] | Jerry. Jerry, tell them that funny story you were telling me… | 杰瑞,杰瑞,跟他们 说说那个有趣的故事… |
[06:14] | No. No. | 不,不 |
[06:17] | No, George, it’s so funny. We saw this cab driver’s picture, right? | 不,乔治,这很有趣 出租车司机的照片,对吧? |
[06:21] | You know, we should really order. | 看,我们应该先点菜 |
[06:23] | The service is so slow here. By the time you get anything… | 这里上菜很慢 等到菜上来… |
[06:26] | Oh, Cheryl, can I ask you a legal question? | 谢丽尔 可以请教一个法律方面的问题吗? |
[06:29] | – I’m being sued. – Oh, what happened? | – 我被起诉了 – 怎么了? |
[06:32] | Well, I ran out to apologize to a virgin, and I crossed against the light… | 我跑出去向一个人道歉 然后闯红灯了 |
[06:38] | …and I knocked over the delivery boy. | …撞到了一个送外卖男孩 |
[06:42] | Was he Chinese? | 他是中国人? |
[06:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:46] | Is your…? Is your last name “Benes”? | 你…?你姓“贝内斯”? |
[06:49] | – How did you know? – Oh, God! Ping is my cousin. | – 你怎么知道的? – 天哪,平是我的表弟 |
[06:53] | No. | 不会吧 |
[06:55] | – That’s so funny. – I’m handling his case. | – 太有意思了 – 我在处理这个案子 |
[06:58] | What? | 什么? |
[06:59] | – You’re Cheryl Fong? – That’s right. | – 你是谢丽尔・冯? – 是的 |
[07:01] | – Oh, my God. – Oh, God. | – 我的天哪 – 上帝啊 |
[07:03] | I can’t believe it. This is such a coincidence. | 难以置信 真是太巧了 |
[07:06] | I know. | 是啊 |
[07:07] | Wow. Well, l… | 我… |
[07:09] | I guess you don’t have any advice for me on how to win the case. | 我猜,对于胜诉 你没什么意见给我 |
[07:17] | Will you excuse me? I have to make a call. | 失陪一下 我打个电话 |
[07:21] | Tell Ping I said hello. | 代我向平问好 |
[07:23] | Tell him you think you may have broken the case wide open. | 告诉他,你已经完全破获这起案件 |
[07:31] | I can’t believe it. | 无法相信 |
[07:33] | What are you doing? | What are you doing? 你在干什么? 你到底在干什么? |
[07:35] | – What? – This is not good. This is not good. | – 什么? – 这不好,一点都不好 |
[07:38] | – What’s the matter? – I don’t think it’s a great idea… | – 怎么了? – 我不认为… |
[07:41] | …for you to sit here. – Why not? | – …你该坐在这 – 为什么? |
[07:42] | He thinks if you’re too funny, he might not look so funny. | 他觉得,如果你太幽默 就显不出他的幽默了 |
[07:45] | Biff. | 错 |
[07:47] | What? | 什么? |
[07:49] | – You’re not worried about that? – No, of course not. | – 你不担心吗? – 当然不担心 |
[07:52] | I mean, so what if I’m funny. Who cares? | 我是说,谁在意我是否幽默呢? |
[07:54] | He thinks that if a woman sees a guy put on a better show… | 他觉得,如果一个女人 发现有另一出更好的秀… |
[07:57] | …she’ll walk out on his show, go see the other show. | …她就会离开原来的秀 去看那出更好的秀 |
[08:02] | Well, should we leave? | 那么我们该离开吗? |
[08:03] | Well, maybe you don’t have to be so funny. | 也许你不要表现得 那么幽默就好了 |
[08:06] | Would it kill you not to be so funny all the time? | 不要一直那么幽默 对你就那么难吗? |
[08:08] | That’s all I’m asking. | 我的要求也就这样 |
[08:09] | This woman thinks I’m very funny. | 这个女人觉得我很幽默 |
[08:11] | Now you’re gonna be funny, so, what am I gonna be? | 现在开始你要幽默 那么我该怎么做呢? |
[08:13] | I’ll be a short, bald guy with glasses who suddenly doesn’t seem so funny. | 我会变成一个又矮又秃的 眼镜男,突然间不风趣了 |
[08:19] | This is so ridiculous. Can we just go over there? | 真好笑 要不我们到那边去? |
[08:23] | Look, I don’t have to be funny. I don’t care. | 我不需要幽默 我一点都不在意 |
[08:25] | – You don’t? – No way. | – 你不在意? – 一点都不 |
[08:27] | It’s completely under my control. | 完全在我的掌控之中 |
[08:29] | No, it’s not. You cannot not be funny. | 不,你不能不那样风趣 |
[08:32] | Of course I can. Am I being funny now? | 我当然能 我现在幽默吗? |
[08:35] | A little. | 有点 |
[08:37] | Oh, this is funny? I’m being funny? | 这样好笑?我很幽默? |
[08:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:41] | George, is this funny? | 乔治,这样幽默? |
[08:43] | It’s funny. | 很幽默 |
[08:46] | And it wouldn’t kill you to not be so funny either. | 不幽默,你也不会死 |
[08:48] | What? What did I do? | 什么?我做了什么? |
[08:50] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[08:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:58] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[09:02] | I’m sorry. It was my aunt’s birthday. | 很抱歉,正好是我舅妈的生日 |
[09:03] | She makes such a big deal about it. | 她就会小题大做 |
[09:05] | Well, nobody likes to get old, right? | 没人喜欢变老,不是吗? |
[09:08] | Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by… | 生日只不过标志着 过去的一年是怎么过的… |
[09:13] | …and how little we’ve grown. | …我们的成长却是很少的 |
[09:16] | No matter how desperate we are that someday… | 无论我们如何绝望 终有一天… |
[09:18] | …a better self will emerge, each flicker of the candles on the cake… | …我们会出现本性好的一面 蛋糕上的烛光… |
[09:21] | …we know it’s not to be. | …并不代表未来 |
[09:23] | But for the rest of our sad, wretched, pathetic lives… | 然而面对我们的 悲伤,挫折,磨难,困境… |
[09:28] | …this is who we are to the bitter end… | …我们必将力拼到底… |
[09:31] | …inevitably, irrevocably. | …我们无法避免,无法改变 |
[09:35] | Happy birthday? No such thing. | 生日快乐?没这种事 |
[09:41] | Funny guy, huh? | 有趣的家伙? |
[09:47] | Here, take it. I was glad to get rid of it. | 这些拿着 终于能摆脱了 |
[09:49] | Well, thank you very much. It’s about time. | 谢谢 正是时候 |
[09:52] | Oh, listen. So guess what. | 听着,你们猜猜发生了什么 |
[09:55] | Cheryl convinced Ping to drop the case against me. | 谢丽尔说服了平 撤销了对我的指控 |
[09:58] | Drop the case? | 撤诉? |
[10:00] | Wow, congratulations. That will save you some money. | 恭喜你 给你省了不少钱 |
[10:03] | Yeah. No kidding. That lawyer was gonna charge me a fortune. | 那个律师确实 想敲我一笔 |
[10:06] | Oh, great. Birth announcement from Arnie and Joy Harris. | 太棒了 阿米尔和乔伊・哈里斯的孩子出生了 |
[10:12] | Hear that? Guess who’s back. | 听见了吗?猜猜谁回来了 |
[10:18] | Thought you weren’t coming back till Monday. | 你不是礼拜一回来嘛 |
[10:25] | Well, the camp ended a few days early. | 露营提前几天结束了 |
[10:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[10:31] | Well, there was an incident. | 出了点意外 |
[10:34] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[10:35] | I punched Mickey Mantle in the mouth. | 我打了米奇・曼特尔的嘴 |
[10:39] | – What? – Yeah, I punched him… | – 什么? – 我打了他 |
[10:40] | …and they took him to the hospital… | …然后他被送进了医院… |
[10:42] | …and then they canceled the rest of the week. | …余下的露营也取消了 |
[10:45] | You punched who in the mouth? | 你打了谁的嘴? |
[10:46] | Mickey Mantle. | 米奇・曼特尔 |
[10:49] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[10:50] | Well, you know, we were playing a game… | 我们正在打比赛… |
[10:52] | …and I was pitching. I was really throwing some smoke. | …轮到我投球 我真的用力投出去 |
[10:55] | And Joe Pepitone, he was up… | 然后乔伊・派提同站起来… |
[10:58] | …and, man, that guy, he was crowding the plate. | …那个家伙,走到本垒 |
[11:00] | Wow, Joe Pepitone. | 乔伊・派提同 |
[11:02] | Well, Joe Pepitone or not, I own the inside of that plate. | 不管是不是乔伊・派提同 在本垒我说了算 |
[11:05] | So, you know, I throw one inside, you know. | 你看 我投了一个 |
[11:08] | A little chin music right on his pants… | 擦到了他的裤子… |
[11:11] | …because I gotta intimidate, you know, when I’m on the mound. | …因为我想激怒他 我还在土墩 |
[11:14] | Well, the next pitch, he’s right back in the same place. | 下一球 他还在原地 |
[11:17] | So I had to plunk him. | 所以我不得不用球砸他 |
[11:21] | – You plunked him? – Oh, yeah. | – 用球砸他? – 是的 |
[11:23] | Well, he throws down his bat, he comes racing up to the mound. | 他扔下了球棒 跑向了土墩 |
[11:27] | Next thing, both benches are cleared, you know. | 然后,所有人都从休息区跑了出来 |
[11:29] | A brouhaha breaks out between the guys in the camp, you know… | 露营的人们… |
[11:32] | …and the old Yankee players. | …和那群洋基队老队员们吵了起来 |
[11:33] | As I’m trying to get Moose Skowron off of one of my teammates… | 我试着把穆斯・斯考郎 拉离我的队友… |
[11:36] | …somebody pulls me from behind… | …后面的人拉我… |
[11:38] | …and I turned around and I popped him. | …我转回来 打到了他 |
[11:41] | I looked down and whoa, man! It’s Mickey. | 我往下一看,哇 是米奇 |
[11:46] | I punched his lights out. | 我打昏了他 |
[11:48] | Wow, this is incredible. | 不可思议 |
[11:50] | Leave me alone! You can’t do this to me. | 放开我! 你们不能这样对我 |
[11:53] | What’s going on out there? | 怎么了? |
[11:54] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[11:56] | This is not right, people. You’re making a very bad mistake. Very bad. | 这么做是不对的 你们搞错了,搞错了 |
[12:00] | Babu. I’ll be right back. | 巴布,我很快回来 |
[12:02] | – Yeah, so… – Hank Bauer, he’s screaming: | – 是的,那… – 汉克・巴奥亚大叫: |
[12:04] | “Mickey! What have you done with Mickey! You killed Mickey!” | “米奇!你对米奇做了什么! 你杀了他!” |
[12:09] | – So, what did you do? – Well, I got the hell out of there. | – 然后呢? – 我离开了那里 |
[12:13] | They took Babu away. | 他们带走了巴布 |
[12:15] | They took Babu away? | 他们带走了巴布? |
[12:17] | Yeah, the immigration guy said his visa was expired. | 是的,移民局的说 他的签证到期了 |
[12:20] | Poor Babu. Everything was going so well for him. | 可怜的巴布 一切都那么好 |
[12:22] | He had an apartment, he had a job. | 有了房子,有了工作 |
[12:24] | – What a shame. – Jerry! | – 多可惜 – 杰瑞! |
[12:28] | Help me! | 帮帮我! |
[12:30] | I will, Babu! I will help you, Babu! Don’t worry! | 我会的,巴布! 我会帮你的,巴布,别担心! |
[12:36] | Then Hank Bauer, you know, he’s chasing me around. | 然后汉克・巴奥亚一直在追我 |
[12:39] | He trips over third base and knocks over Clete Boyer. | 在三垒他绊了一下 撞到了克里特・鲍育 |
[12:42] | What? | 什么? |
[12:44] | – Well, this is interesting. – What is it? | – 很有意思 – 这是什么? |
[12:47] | It’s a letter from the lmmigration Bureau. | 移民局的信 |
[12:50] | It’s Babu’s visa-renewal application form. | 巴布的签证延期申请表 |
[12:55] | They must have put it in my mailbox by mistake. | 他们一定误放进我的信箱了 |
[12:58] | Well, doesn’t he need that? | 他还需要吗? |
[13:09] | If you’d given me my mail last week, this never would have happened. | 上星期就给我的话 这一切就不会发生了 |
[13:13] | Well, you should have come to my house to pick it up. | 你该到我家来拿 |
[13:15] | – So am I being funny now? – No, actually, you’re not. | – 现在我很幽默吗? – 不,事实上,一点都不 |
[13:18] | See, I told you I wasn’t funny all the time. | 我跟你说过 我不可能一直很风趣的 |
[13:21] | Hey, George, look, I’m not funny now. | 乔治,现在的我不幽默了 |
[13:23] | No, and you weren’t funny last night. You got us both so depressed… | 昨晚也是 你让我们都感到压抑… |
[13:27] | …she asked me to drive her home after dinner. | …吃完饭,她就让我送她回家了 |
[13:29] | I need to get in touch with Cheryl. | 我得联系谢丽尔 |
[13:31] | Babu needs a lawyer. His visa’s expired. | 巴布需要个律师 他的签证到期了 |
[13:33] | There’s a million lawyers. | 那么多律师 |
[13:35] | Yeah, but you said this is one of the things that her firm does. | 是的,但你说过 她们事务所专处理这类 |
[13:38] | All right, but no funny business. Same deal as last night. | 好吧,但你不能表现出幽默 跟昨晚一样 |
[13:41] | – Will you stop it already. – Jerry, please. | – 就不能不要做了嘛 – 求你了,杰瑞 |
[13:44] | How long is this gonna go on? | 要多久? |
[13:46] | Till I’m comfortable. | 直到我觉得可以了 |
[13:48] | Well, when is that gonna be? | 那要到什么时候? |
[13:50] | After consummation. | 等我结婚后 |
[13:53] | Consummation? I don’t think you have enough material. | 结婚?我不觉得 你有那么多笑料 |
[14:02] | I have a friend in the immigration department who owes me a big favor. | 我有一个朋友在移民局 他欠我一个人情 |
[14:05] | You’re very lucky. | 你很幸运 |
[14:11] | That’s wonderful news. Thank you. | 太好了,谢谢 |
[14:16] | You’re a very serious person, aren’t you? | 你是个严肃的人? |
[14:20] | Well, with so many people in the world deprived and unhappy… | 世界上有太多不幸的人… |
[14:24] | …it doesn’t seem like it would be fair to be cheerful. | …独乐显得很不适宜 |
[14:34] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[14:37] | I think that’s curdled. | 加这个会结块的 |
[14:38] | I don’t care. | 我不在意 |
[14:43] | Do you ever laugh? | 你有笑过吗? |
[14:46] | Not really. Sometimes when I’m in the tub. | 没真正笑过 有时我在洗澡时会 |
[14:52] | That’s so sad. | 太不幸了 |
[14:54] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的? |
[14:55] | I’m a comedian. | 我是喜剧演员 |
[14:59] | Oh, let me get that. | 我来付吧 |
[15:01] | You’ve been so helpful. | 你帮了大忙 |
[15:07] | Hey, we’re gonna go see Babu now, right? | 我们现在该去看巴布,对吧? |
[15:09] | Yeah, I’ll just pay for this. | 是的,等我先付钱 |
[15:11] | I’m just gonna say hi to Cheryl. | 我去跟谢丽尔打招呼 |
[15:14] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 你好 – 你好 |
[15:15] | Listen, gosh, I wanted to thank you so much… | 我要谢谢你… |
[15:18] | …for convincing Ping to drop the case. | …说服平撤诉 |
[15:20] | After we met, you were all so nice, I just couldn’t go through with it. | 上次见面发现你人很好 对此我无法无动于衷 |
[15:24] | But between you and me, you would have paid through the nose. | 不过你我之间, 你将为此付出一大笔 |
[15:29] | – You’re kidding. – No, I’m not. | – 你在开玩笑 – 我很认真 |
[15:41] | – Babu. – Jerry! Jerry. Hello, Jerry, | – 巴布 – 杰瑞,杰瑞,你好,杰瑞 |
[15:44] | – You remember Elaine. – Yes, yes, of course. | – 记得伊莲吗? – 当然 |
[15:48] | – Nice to meet you. – So nice of you both to come. | – 很高兴见到你 – 你们能来太好了 |
[15:50] | – Oh, Babu. – No, you’re both very kind. Very kind. | – 巴布 – 你们都很好,都是好人 |
[15:54] | – Oh, well, you know, we try. – We do what we can. | – 我们试过了 – 我们尽力了 |
[15:57] | – We do what we can. – See… | – 我们做了能做的 – 看… |
[15:59] | …the problem is, I never got my visa-renewal form in the mail. | …问题是,我的信箱里 根本没有签证延期表 |
[16:02] | – I was expecting it. – Yes. See, here’s the thing, Babu. | – 我一直在等 – 我了解,你看,巴布 |
[16:07] | What happened was… | 事情是这样的… |
[16:09] | …I was away for a couple of weeks doing some comedy shows. | …我出去了几个星期做喜剧表演 |
[16:11] | The comedy shows, you’re very funny man. | 喜剧表演 你是个很搞笑的人 |
[16:14] | Well, Elaine, here, was picking up my mail while I was away… | 我不在时伊莲帮我收信… |
[16:18] | …because that little box can get very full. | …因为信箱很快就装满了 |
[16:20] | Yes, of course. TV Guide, magazines, everything. | 确实 电视指南,杂志,好多东西 |
[16:23] | I would have picked up your mail. | 我应该帮你拿 |
[16:24] | – Your box is right next to mine. – I don’t want to bother you. | – 你的信箱就在我的旁边 – 我不想麻烦你 |
[16:27] | No bother. You get me job. You get me apartment, you very good man. | 一点都不麻烦, 你给了我工作,房子,你是个好人 |
[16:31] | Well, yesterday, after they took you away… | 昨天,他们带走你之后… |
[16:34] | …I looked in my mail, and I noticed that the mailman… | …我检查了我的信 然后我发现邮差… |
[16:37] | …accidentally put your visa-renewal in my mailbox. | …不小心把你的签证延期表 放进了我的信箱 |
[16:40] | Come again? | 再说一遍? |
[16:41] | See, I’ve been home for a week… | 我回来一个星期了… |
[16:43] | …and Elaine didn’t give me my mail till yesterday… | …而伊莲昨天才把信给我… |
[16:46] | …even though I asked her repeatedly for it. | …我问她要过好几次了 |
[16:49] | Yeah, but, Babu, he could have come to my house to pick it up. | 是的,但是,巴布, 他可以到我家来拿的 |
[16:52] | You had my visa application? | 你拿了我的签证申请表? |
[16:54] | – Well, not technically. – I kill you! | – 不是有意的 – 我要杀了你! |
[16:56] | – What about her? – I kill both of you! | – 那她呢? – 你们都一样 |
[16:58] | – Babu. – No Babu. | – 巴布 – 不要叫巴布 |
[16:59] | No Babu. You’re bad man. You’re very bad man. | 不要叫巴布,你们是坏人 很坏很坏 |
[17:02] | You’re very lazy, bad man. | 你们又懒又坏 |
[17:04] | Babu, I’m gonna fix everything. | 巴布,我会弥补的 |
[17:05] | I have a lawyer who knows someone in the immigration department. | 我知道个律师 她认识移民局的人 |
[17:08] | They’ll straighten the whole thing out. The wheels are in motion. | 他们会查清这件事的 事情在处理中 |
[17:11] | Things are happening as we speak. | 我们说话时 事情已有进展 |
[17:13] | – The wheels are in motion? – The wheels are in motion. | – 整件事在处理中? – 整件事在处理 |
[17:16] | Things are happening. | 会有进展的 |
[17:21] | Jerry? | 杰瑞? |
[17:22] | I’m very attracted to him. | 他很吸引我 |
[17:24] | You think the person you were talking to was him? | 你说的这个人是他? |
[17:27] | That’s not even close to him. He’s funny. Jerry’s funny. | 一点都不像他 他很风趣,杰瑞十分幽默 |
[17:31] | – He’s never said anything funny. – He can’t not be funny. | – 他说的话毫不风趣 – 他不可能不幽默 |
[17:34] | No, no. He’s dark and disturbed. | 不,不,他忧郁而又不安 |
[17:40] | Dark and disturbed? | 忧郁而又不安? |
[17:43] | His whole life revolves around Superman and cereal. | 他的一生就围着 超人和食物打转 |
[17:46] | What kind of a friend are you? | 你是什么朋友? |
[17:48] | I convinced him to act like that so that you would think I was funnier. | 我叫他假装成那样 相比下你会觉得我很幽默 |
[17:52] | That’s how disturbed I am. | 这令我不安 |
[17:54] | You want disturbed? That’s disturbed. | 你要不安? 这就是不安 |
[17:56] | I mean, you can’t find sickness like that anywhere. | 我是说,你无法在别处 看到这样一种弊病 |
[17:59] | You think sickness like that grows on trees? | 那样的弊病会长在树上? |
[18:02] | Nobody is sicker than me. Nobody. | 没人比我病得严重,没人 |
[18:04] | He’s pretending. I am the genuine article. | 他装出来的 我才是真的 |
[18:06] | You’re telling me Jerry’s whole thing was an act? | 你是说杰瑞的表现 都是装出来的? |
[18:09] | And I put him up to it, because I’m sick. | 我叫他这么做的 因为我病了 |
[18:13] | I’m the one that needs help. | 我需要帮助 |
[18:17] | I gotta go. | 我该走了 |
[18:18] | Well, should I call you later? | 晚点能给你打电话吗? |
[18:21] | Please don’t. | 请不要 |
[18:22] | But… But I’m disturbed. I’m depressed. | 但…但我不安 我很压抑 |
[18:26] | I’m inadequate. I got it all! | 我没信心,一点没有! |
[18:33] | So, what’s up with Babu? How come he’s not back? | 巴布怎么了? 他怎么还没回来? |
[18:36] | I don’t know. I don’t understand it. | 我不知道,不清楚 |
[18:38] | Cheryl was supposed to take care of it. He should be back by now. | 谢丽尔答应了会帮忙 他应该已经回来了 |
[18:43] | – Yeah? – George. | – 谁? – 乔治 |
[18:44] | – Come on up. – Babu. | – 上来吧 – 巴布 |
[18:47] | – Babu, what happened to you? – Babu must be back. | – 巴布,发生了什么事? – 巴布一定回来了 |
[18:50] | – Well, where’s Babu? – He is in Pakistan! | – 巴布在哪? – 巴基斯坦 |
[18:53] | – Who are you? – I am his brother. | – 你是谁? – 他的兄弟 |
[18:55] | He knew a lawyer. It was all going to be fixed. | 他认识个律师 会帮忙处理这件事 |
[18:58] | I’m sure the lawyer did everything they could. | 我相信律师会尽力的 |
[19:00] | Then where is Babu? What happened to Babu? | 那么巴布在哪呢? 他怎么样了? |
[19:03] | Show me Babu! | 我要见巴布! |
[19:07] | – Snapple? – No. | – 果汁? – 不 |
[19:10] | Too fruity. | 果味太浓了 |
[19:17] | Hey, what happened? | 怎么了? |
[19:18] | I thought Cheryl was gonna help Babu get his visa. | 谢丽尔不是应该 帮巴布拿签证嘛 |
[19:20] | – She didn’t help him? – No. | – 她没帮他? – 没有 |
[19:22] | – Where is he? – He’s in Pakistan. | – 他在哪? – 巴基斯坦 |
[19:26] | Oh, boy | 天哪 |
[19:27] | What do you mean, “Oh, boy”? | 什么意思? |
[19:29] | Well, last night she told me that she liked you. | 昨晚她跟我说她喜欢你 |
[19:34] | Not you, the disturbed you. | 不是你,是那个忧郁的你 |
[19:36] | So I had to tell her the truth. | 所以我只能把一切都跟她说了 |
[19:38] | You told her the truth? Well, you got Babu deported! | 你把真相告诉她了? 你害了巴布被遣返 |
[19:41] | What do you mean I “got”? You didn’t give him his visa application. | 什么叫我“害”了他? 是你没有给他签证申请表 |
[19:44] | That’s because she had my mail. | 那是因为她没给我信 |
[19:46] | Well, I wouldn’t have to get your mail if he didn’t go to that fantasy camp. | 要不是他去了那个狂欢露营 我也不用帮你拿信 |
[19:49] | Well, I just came back from Mickey Mantle’s restaurant. | 我刚从米奇・曼特尔的餐馆回来 |
[19:52] | How could you go in there? | 你去那里干嘛? |
[19:54] | Well, I had to. I had to apologize. | 我必须去道歉 |
[19:57] | I mean, I punched Mickey Mantle, my idol. | 我是说,我打了米奇・曼特尔 我的偶像 |
[20:00] | It was eating me up inside! | 我心里很不好受 |
[20:02] | Well, what happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[20:03] | I got down on my knees, and I went, “Go ahead, Mickey, hit me. | 我跪下来,然后我说 “米奇,打我” |
[20:06] | I’m begging you, Mickey. Please, hit me. Come on, hit me. | “我求你,米奇 请打我,来呀,打我” |
[20:10] | I love you, Mickey. I love you.” | “我爱你,米奇,我爱你” |
[20:12] | So, what did he do? | 然后他怎么样? |
[20:13] | Well, the four of them, they picked me up by my pants… | 他们四个人抓了我的裤子, 把我提起来… |
[20:16] | …and they threw me outside, right into a horse. | …把我扔到了外面 正对着一匹马 |
[20:22] | – Kramer. – Hey! | – 克莱默 – 你好! |
[20:23] | Yeah. It’s my Chinese food. | 我的中餐外卖 |
[20:26] | Oh, Ping. Hi. | 平,你好 |
[20:28] | Listen, thank you so much for dropping that lawsuit against me. | 非常谢谢你能撤诉 |
[20:32] | – Not anymore. – What? | – 事情变了 – 什么? |
[20:34] | Cheryl call me last night. Lawsuit back on. | 谢丽尔昨晚打给我说 继续上诉 |
[20:37] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:38] | She call you and your friends big liars. | 她说你和你的朋友都是骗子 |
[20:41] | You think she nice girl? | 你觉得她是个好女孩? |
[20:43] | Wait till you see her in court. She’s a shark! | 到了法庭你再看吧 她是个不择手段的人! |
[20:47] | They call her “The Terminator.” | 人们称呼她“终结者” |
[20:49] | She never lose a case, and now you make her mad. | 她从未败诉过 你却惹怒了她 |
[20:54] | She doubled the damages. | 她把损失赔偿扩大了两倍 |
[20:56] | Hasta la vista, baby. | 再见,宝贝 |
[21:06] | So his friend had the mail, but she did not give it to him. | 他的朋友拿了信 但却没有给他 |
[21:09] | And then he came to visit me… | 然后他来看我… |
[21:11] | …said a lawyer would call and help. He said the wheels were in motion. | …告诉我一个律师会帮我 他说事情正在处理中 |
[21:15] | But there was no motion. There was nothing. | 但是根本不是这样 没这回事 |
[21:18] | And so they sent me back here. | 所以他们把我送回来了 |
[21:21] | This is a terrible story, Babu. | 真是不幸,巴布 |
[21:24] | What are you going to do? | 以后准备怎么办? |
[21:25] | I’m going to save up every rupee… | 我要努力存钱… |
[21:28] | …for someday… | …为了有一天… |
[21:30] | …I will get back to America, and when I do… | …能回到美国 到那时… |
[21:33] | …I will exact vengeance on this man. | …我要向这个男人复仇 |
[21:36] | I cannot forget him. | 我会永远记得他 |
[21:38] | He haunts me. | 他耍我 |
[21:40] | He’s a very bad man. He’s a very, very bad man. | 他是个坏人 十恶不赦 |
[21:47] | I am for open immigration… | 我支持大开移民… |
[21:49] | …but that sign we have on the Statue of Liberty: | …自由女神像上 有这样一句话: |
[21:51] | “Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.” | “欢迎你,那些疲乏了的和贫困的 挤在一起渴望自由呼吸的大众” |
[21:55] | Can’t we just say, “Hey, the door’s open, we’ll take whoever you got.” | 我们就不能说, “嗨,门开了,你们都进来吧” |
[21:59] | Do we have to specify the “wretched refuse”? | 我们是否应说明下 “被遗弃的可怜人”? |
[22:02] | I mean, why don’t we just say: | 我是说,为什么我们不能说: |
[22:04] | “Give us the unhappy, the sad, the slow, the ugly… | ”把不幸,悲哀,缓慢,丑陋…” |
[22:07] | …people that can’t drive, that they have trouble merging… | “…不会开车,不能并道…” |
[22:10] | …if they can’t stay in their lane, don’t signal, can’t parallel park… | “…不能在一条车道开车 不打信号,不能平行泊车…” |
[22:13] | …if they’re sneezing, if they’re stuffed up, if they’re clogged… | “…打喷嚏,鼻塞,血管阻塞…” |
[22:16] | …if they have bad penmanship, don’t return calls, if they have dandruff… | “…字写不好,不回电话 有头皮屑…” |
[22:20] | …food between their teeth, if they have bad credit, if they have no credit… | “…牙缝间有食物,信用不好 没有信用…” |
[22:25] | …missed a spot shaving.” In other words… | “…不刮胡子” |
[22:27] | …any dysfunctional, defective slob… | 换言之… |
[22:31] | …that you can somehow cattle prod onto a wagon… | …一切没有工作,不正常的懒人… …把他们都抓上车… |
[22:34] | …send them over, we want them. | …带回来,我们需要他们 “电影” |