时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I’m tired of pretending I’m excited every time it’s somebody’s birthday. | 我受够了总要在别人生日时 假装很兴奋那一套 |
[00:08] | What is the big deal? How many times do we have to… | 这很重要吗?我们究竟要 |
[00:11] | …celebrate that someone was born? | 庆祝多少次别人的生日? |
[00:13] | Every year, over and over. All you did was not die for 12 months. | 年复一年 而你只要保证12个月内别死 |
[00:17] | That’s all you’ve done, as far as I could tell. | 据我所知,你只要做到这样 |
[00:20] | I love the astrology things that tell you the people… | 我喜欢占星术之类的玩意 它能告诉你 |
[00:22] | …that have the same birthday as you. | 谁和你同一天生 |
[00:24] | It’s always an odd group of people to it. | 一些古怪的人很喜欢玩 |
[00:26] | It’s like Ed Asner, Elijah Muhammed and Secretariat. | 比如爱德华・艾斯纳尔(影星) |
[00:29] | -=The Last Fantasy=- | 伊莱贾・穆罕默德(伊斯兰国家领袖)和秘书处的人 |
[00:35] | I don’t wanna live. | 我不想活了 |
[00:37] | I don’t wanna live! | 我不想活了! |
[00:40] | Because of me? | 为我? |
[00:42] | You must be joking. Who wouldn’t wanna live because of me? | 别开玩笑了,谁会为我去死? |
[00:46] | – I’m nothing. – No. | – 我不算什么 – 不 |
[00:48] | – You’re something. – You can do better than me. | – 你算什么 – 你可以找到比我更好的 |
[00:51] | You could throw a dart out the window and hit someone better than me. | 随便扔个飞镖出去 扎到的人也会比我强 |
[00:55] | I’m no good. | 我不怎么样 |
[00:56] | You’re good. You’re good. | 你很好,你很好 |
[00:59] | I’m bad. I’m bad. | 我很糟,我很糟 |
[01:00] | You’re killing me! | 气死我了! |
[01:02] | So what could I do? I couldn’t go through with it. | 我能做什么?我过不了这一关 |
[01:05] | She threatened to kill herself. | 她威胁我说她要自杀 |
[01:07] | Over you? | 为了你? |
[01:10] | Yes. Why, is that so inconceivable? | 是的,怎么,很难理解吗? |
[01:14] | – Well… – I’m trying to get in touch… | – 这个… – 我想找 |
[01:16] | …with Sharon Leonard. She works for the NYU paper. | 莎伦・雷奥纳德,她在纽约大学报社工作 |
[01:18] | This is Jerry Seinfeld. She was supposed to meet me for an interview. | 我是杰瑞・宋飞 她今天要在咖啡店采访我 |
[01:22] | Oh, what are you gonna get Jerry for his birthday? | 杰瑞的生日,你要送什么? |
[01:25] | – I got him a great gift. – Really? What? | – 我要送他最棒的礼物 – 真的?是什么? |
[01:27] | I got two tickets to see Guys and Dolls. | 两张《红男绿女》戏票 |
[01:29] | Oh, that is a good gift. | 哦,的确不错 |
[01:32] | Maybe he’ll take me. | 也许他会带我去 |
[01:34] | No, I’m gonna go with him. | 不行,我要和他去 |
[01:37] | What did you get him? | 你要送什么? |
[01:39] | I got him a two-line phone. | 双线电话机 |
[01:41] | Really? That’s good. | 真的?也不错 |
[01:42] | Unbelievable. She’s not there. | 难以置信,她不在办公室 |
[01:44] | – What paper does she write for? – For the NYU school newspaper. | – 那是什么报纸? – 纽约大学校内报纸 |
[01:48] | She’s a grad student in journalism. Never been to a comedy club. | 她是新闻系研究生,从未去过喜剧俱乐部 |
[01:51] | Never seen me. Has no idea who I am. | 从没见过我,也不知道我是谁 |
[01:53] | Never even seen you? | 从没见过你? |
[01:55] | Gotta kind of envy that. | 真嫉妒呀 |
[01:58] | You know, you’ve been developing quite the acid tongue lately. | 你知道,你最近变得很刻薄 |
[02:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:04] | Who do you think is the most unattractive world leader? | 谁是最讨厌的领导人? |
[02:08] | – Living or all-time? – All-time. | – 在世的还是全算上? – 全算上 |
[02:10] | If it’s all-time, there’s no contest. It begins and ends with Brezhnev. | 不用比嘛,就是勃列日涅夫(苏联领导人) 由他开始,由他结束 |
[02:14] | I don’t know. Did you ever get a good look at De Gaulle? | 不清楚,你认真考虑过戴高乐(法国将军)吗? |
[02:17] | Lyndon Johnson was uglier than De Gaulle. | 林登・约翰逊(美国总统)比戴高乐丑 |
[02:20] | I got news for you. Golda Meir could make them all run up a tree. | 给你个新目标,果尔达・梅厄(以色列总理) 能把他们都比歇菜 |
[02:25] | Golda Meir. Good one, babe. | 果尔达・梅厄,不错,宝贝 |
[02:29] | Hey, come here. Come here. | 嘿,过来,过来 |
[02:31] | Those two girls behind you, they’re eavesdropping. | 后面那两个女孩子在偷听 |
[02:35] | – Really? – You know just because you two… | – 真的? – 就算你们两个是同性恋 |
[02:39] | …are homosexuals, so what? | 那又怎样? |
[02:43] | I mean, you should come out of the closet and be openly gay already. | 你应该光明正大得 承认自己是同性恋者 |
[02:50] | So, what do you say? | 那么,你说呢? |
[02:54] | You know you’ll always be the only man I’ll ever love. | 你知道你是我今生唯一爱着的男人 |
[02:57] | What’s the matter with you? | 你脑子进水啊? |
[02:59] | – Come on. Go along. – I’m not going along. | – 得了吧,承认吧 – 我不承认 |
[03:03] | I could just see you in Berlin in 1939 goose-stepping past me. | 你就好像1939年在柏林大街上 走正步的德国兵 |
[03:06] | “Come on, Jerry. Go along. Go along.” | “快啊,大兵,上,上” (Jerry也有德国兵的意思) |
[03:09] | – You’re no fun. – You know, I hear that all the time. | – 不好笑 – 我常听到这些 |
[03:12] | – Hear what? – That I’m gay. People think I’m gay. | – 听到什么? – 人们认为我是同性恋 |
[03:14] | Yeah, people ask me that about you too. | 嗯,别人也这样问我 |
[03:16] | Yeah, because I’m single, I’m thin, and I’m neat. | 嗯,就因为我单身、苗条、整洁 |
[03:21] | And you get along well with women. | 而且你和女性相处融洽 |
[03:23] | I guess that leaves me in the clear. | 我想我清白了 |
[03:28] | Hi, Jerry, it’s Sharon Leonard from the NYU paper. | 嗨,杰瑞,我是纽约大学报社的 莎伦・雷奥纳德 |
[03:31] | I’m here at the coffee shop, and I was a little late. | 我在咖啡店,有点迟了 |
[03:34] | We must have missed each other. | 我们可能错过了 |
[03:35] | – I’m going to the bathroom. – Me too. | – 我去下洗手间 – 我也去 |
[03:37] | I’ll be here for a little while longer, and I’ll try to hook up with you later. | 我还要再坐会儿,晚点再联系 |
[03:50] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[03:52] | I just thought of a great name for myself, if I ever become a porno actor. | 要是去演色情片 我刚好想到一个很棒的艺名 |
[03:58] | Oh, yeah? What? Buck Naked? | 哦?什么?赤裸公羊? |
[04:02] | Yeah. How did you know that? | 嗯,你怎么猜到的? |
[04:05] | You told me that already. Like two months ago. | 你两个月前说过 |
[04:08] | Let me ask you something. | 问你件事 |
[04:11] | What do you think of this shirt? | 这件汗衫怎样? |
[04:13] | Well… | 这个… |
[04:16] | Allison bought it for me. | 艾莉森送的 |
[04:22] | – How you gonna get out of that one? – I don’t know. | – 你打算怎么分手 – 不知道 |
[04:24] | I guess I have to wait for her to die. | 等她死了以后 |
[04:31] | – Yeah? – Sharon from N YU. | – 嗯? – 纽约大学的莎伦 |
[04:32] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[04:34] | – Who’s that? – Oh, that’s that reporter from NYU. | – 是谁? – 哦,是纽约大学的记者 |
[04:37] | She’s doing the interview. I told her to come here… | 她要来采访我,所以我请她来这里 |
[04:39] | …so we won’t miss each other. | 这样就不会错过了 |
[04:41] | – Do you want me to stay or…? – Sure, I don’t care. | – 要我留下还是…? – 留下吧,没关系 |
[04:46] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[04:48] | Hi, I’m… I’m Sharon. | 嗨,我是…我是莎伦 |
[04:50] | Hi, I’m Jerry. | 嗨,我是杰瑞 |
[04:52] | – Something the matter? – No, no. Nothing. | – 有问题吗? – 不,不,没有 |
[04:56] | – You look familiar. Have we ever met? – I’m not sure. Have we? | – 你很眼熟,我们在哪里见过吗? – 不太确定,见过吗? |
[05:00] | You look familiar. | 你很眼熟 |
[05:02] | Why don’t we do this over here? This is George. | 我们到这边吗?这是乔治 |
[05:04] | Oh, hi. Nice to meet you. | 哦,嗨,很高兴见到你 |
[05:07] | – He’ll hang around, if that’s okay. – Sure, I’d like to talk to him too. | – 可以的话,他会留在这 – 当然,我也想和他谈谈 |
[05:10] | Oh, really? | 哦,真的? |
[05:13] | – Okay. | – Okay. – 好吧 – 好吧 |
[05:15] | There we go. | 我们开始吧 |
[05:18] | – Oh, is that a problem? – No, I just hate my voice on tape. | – 哦,有问题吗? – 不,我讨厌我在磁带上的声音 |
[05:22] | It always sounds so high and whiny. | 总听起来很兴奋很唠叨 |
[05:25] | – Well, shall we start? – Fire away. | – 那么,可以开始了么? – 当然 |
[05:27] | Okay, let’s see. Are you just a comedian, or do you do anything else? | 嗯,你只是喜剧演员吗,你还做别的吗? |
[05:32] | Well, right now George and I are writing a pilot for NBC. | 好吧,乔治和我在给NBC写试播剧 |
[05:36] | Oh, so you also work together. | 那么你们一起工作 |
[05:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:41] | Jerry, did you wash this pear? | 杰瑞,你洗过梨吗? |
[05:44] | – Yeah, I washed it. – It looks like it hasn’t been washed. | – 嗯,洗过了 – 看起来没洗过 |
[05:48] | So wash it. | 那你洗吧 |
[05:51] | You hear the way he talks to me? | 看他怎么和我说话的? |
[05:58] | You should hear how my boyfriend talks to me. | 你该听听我男朋友怎么和我说话 |
[06:02] | What? | 什么? |
[06:04] | Hey, let me ask you something. | 那个,问你件事情 |
[06:07] | What do you think of this shirt? | 这汗衫怎样? |
[06:09] | It’s nice. | 不错 |
[06:11] | Jerry said he didn’t like it. | 杰瑞说他不喜欢 |
[06:14] | I didn’t say I didn’t like it. I said it was okay. | 我没说不喜欢,我说还可以 |
[06:16] | – Oh, you said you didn’t like it. – Oh, well, so what if I don’t like it? | – 哦,你说你不喜欢 – 就算不喜欢又怎样? |
[06:20] | Is that, like, the end of the world or something? | 是世界末日还是什么吗? |
[06:22] | So how did you two meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[06:24] | Oh, actually, we met in a gym locker room. | 哦,确切地说,是健身房更衣室 |
[06:26] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[06:28] | Actually, it was in gym class. I was trying to climb the ropes… | 其实是健身课上,我想爬绳子 |
[06:31] | …and Jerry was spotting me. | 却被杰瑞发现 |
[06:34] | And I kept slipping and burning my thighs. | 我滑下来却磨伤了大腿 |
[06:38] | And then finally I slipped, and I fell on Jerry’s head. | 最后摔到杰瑞的头上 |
[06:43] | We’ve been close ever since. | 我们从此变得很亲近 |
[06:46] | Do you guys live together? | 你们住在一起吗? |
[06:48] | – Live together? – No, I got my own place. | – 住一起? – 不,我有自己的房子 |
[06:50] | Oh, and do your parents know? | 嗯,那你们的父母知道吗? |
[06:53] | – Know what? – My parents? | – 知道什么? – 我的父母? |
[06:56] | They don’t know what’s going on. | 他们啥也不知道 |
[07:00] | You’re that girl in the coffee shop that was eavesdropping on us. | 你是在咖啡店偷听我们说话的女孩儿 |
[07:03] | I knew you looked familiar. | 所以你看起来很眼熟 |
[07:04] | Oh, no! No! | 哦,不!不! |
[07:06] | – I better get going. – There’s been a big misunderstanding. | – 我还是走吧 – 这是天大的误会 |
[07:09] | We did that for your benefit. We knew you were eavesdropping. | 知道你在偷听,所以投你所好 |
[07:12] | That’s why my friend said all that. It was on purpose. We’re not gay. | 所以她才故意那么说,我们不是同性恋 |
[07:15] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 这事本身没什么问题 |
[07:17] | – No, of course not. – It’s fine, if that’s who you are. | – 当然不是 – 如果你是,也挺好 |
[07:20] | – Absolutely. – I mean, I have many gay friends. | – 当然 – 我是说,我有很多同性恋朋友 |
[07:22] | – My father’s gay. – Look… | – 我父亲是同性恋 – 等等… |
[07:25] | …I know what I heard. | 我听到了的 |
[07:26] | – Heard. It was a joke. – Look, you wanna have sex right now? | – 那是个玩笑 – 等等,你想和我上床吗? |
[07:29] | Do you wanna have sex with me right now? Let’s go. | 你现在想和我上床吗?我们走 |
[07:33] | Come on! Let’s go, baby! Come on! | 好了!我们走,宝贝!快点! |
[07:38] | Hey, come on. Let’s go. I thought we were gonna take a steam. | 嘿,快点,我们去蒸桑拿 |
[07:43] | – No, I don’t want any steam. – No. No steam. | – 我不想去 – 不去桑拿 |
[07:46] | Well, I don’t wanna sit there naked all by myself. | 我不想自己光着坐在那 |
[07:49] | The whole thing’s your fault. | 都是你的错 |
[07:51] | You want me to talk to her? I’d be perfectly willing to. | 你想让我和她谈谈?我愿意效劳 |
[07:54] | – I don’t think so. – Because you know me… | – 我不信 – 你了解我 |
[07:56] | …I walk into a room, problem solved. | 我走进去,问题解决了 |
[08:00] | She says she’ll think about it. | 她说会考虑一下 |
[08:02] | So what, even if it does come out. It’ll just be in an NYU paper. | 即使如此,不过是纽约大学报纸里的文章 |
[08:07] | Why don’t you take your jacket off? | 怎么不脱了夹克? |
[08:09] | – No, I’m okay. – I’m gonna try her again. | – 不用,挺舒服的 – 我再打一次 |
[08:12] | Boy. | 孩子 |
[08:14] | Happy birthday. “Faruba!” | 生日快乐,开心吧! |
[08:17] | – Today’s not my birthday. – Well, I beg to differ. | – 今天不是我生日 – 那么,恕难同意 |
[08:22] | Well, I think I know when my birthday is. | 我知道我的生日是哪天 |
[08:24] | Yeah, well, you’d think so, but you’d be wrong. | 好吧,你说的对,但你也会错 |
[08:29] | Maybe he’s right. Maybe it is my birthday. | 也许他说的对 也许今天就是我生日 |
[08:32] | Would you take the jacket off? | 你能脱掉夹克吗? |
[08:34] | Leave me alone. Get off my back about the jacket. | 别管我,别唠叨我的夹克了 |
[08:37] | – Oh, look at this. A phone. – Yeah. | – 哦,瞧瞧,是个电话机 – 对 |
[08:40] | A two-line phone. | 一个双线电话机 |
[08:43] | That’s terrific! Thanks a lot. | 太棒了,多谢 |
[08:45] | Now when someone’s on the phone, I can make a call. | 即使有人在线上,我也能打给别人 |
[08:47] | – Yeah. – Look, Elaine, a two-line phone. | – 是啊 – 伊莲,你瞧,双线电话机 |
[08:50] | Yeah, I see it. | 哦,我看见了 |
[08:52] | I’m gonna get one myself. | 我也要给自己买一个 |
[08:53] | Where you going? | 你去哪? |
[08:55] | I gotta go return something. | 去退货 |
[08:58] | I got a dial tone. | 听到拨号音了 |
[09:00] | – Okay, this is the maiden call. – Yeah. | – 哦,这是第一通电话 – 是啊 |
[09:03] | Wait, wait. I wanna get the first call. | 等等,我要接第一个电话 |
[09:05] | All right. Go to your house. I’ll call you. | 好的,你回家,我打给你 |
[09:12] | – Hello. | – Hello. – 喂 – 喂 |
[09:14] | Hey, it’s working. This is great. Thanks a lot. | 嘿,听到了,这真棒,非常感谢 |
[09:17] | – Happy birthday, buddy. – Wait, I got a call on the other line. | – 生日快乐,老兄 – 等等,有电话进来 |
[09:20] | – Okay, later. – All right, I’ll talk to you later. | – 好的,再见 – 好的,晚点再打给你 |
[09:23] | – Hello? – Jerry, it’s Sharon from N YU. | – 喂? – 杰瑞,我是纽约大学的莎伦 |
[09:26] | – Oh, hi. – I was just calling to tell you… | – 哦,嗨 – 我只是想告诉你 |
[09:28] | …I’m not gonna play up that angle we talked about on the story. | 我不会用那个角度来写这个故事 |
[09:31] | Oh, thank you very much. That’s great. | 哦,太谢谢,太棒了 |
[09:34] | Hold on a second. I got a call on the other line. | 等一下,有电话进来 |
[09:37] | – Hello. – Hey. | – 喂 – 嘿 |
[09:39] | How you doing? You know I got that reporter from the newspaper… | 你怎样?那个报纸的记者 |
[09:42] | …on the other line. – So, what did she say? | – 在另一条线上 – 她说什么了? |
[09:45] | She said she’s not gonna play up that angle in the story. | 她说她不会用那个角度写 |
[09:47] | She thinks we’re heterosexual. I guess we fooled her. | 她真以为我们是同性恋 她(当时)还真上当了 |
[09:50] | All right, I’ll get rid of her. Hold on. | 我先和她说完,你等会儿 |
[09:52] | Sharon? | 莎伦? |
[09:54] | Hello? | 喂? |
[09:57] | Sharon, are you there? | 莎伦,在吗? |
[10:00] | – I’m back. – You know… | – 我回来了 – 你知道… |
[10:02] | …I could hear you on the other line. | 我能听到你刚才说的话 |
[10:13] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[10:15] | I heard what you said: “Sharon, are you there?” | 我听到你说:“莎伦,在吗?” |
[10:18] | You heard me talking on the other line? Are you sure? | 你能听到另一条线? 你确定? |
[10:21] | Yes, I heard you. | 是的,我听到了 |
[10:23] | Maybe she was disconnected. | 也许她已经挂电话了 |
[10:24] | Maybe she wasn’t. Maybe she heard the whole conversation. | 也许她没有,也许她听到全部对话 |
[10:27] | All right. Let me call Kramer, and see if you can hear anything. Hold on. | 好,那我打给克莱默 看看你能听到什么,别挂 |
[10:35] | – Hello. – There may be… | – 喂 – 这电话 |
[10:37] | …a problem with the phone. Hold on. | 好像有问题,别挂电话 |
[10:38] | “There may be a problem with the phone.” | “这电话好像有问题” |
[10:40] | Oh, no! | 哦,不! |
[10:43] | Kramer, this phone’s a piece of junk. Goodbye. | 克莱默,这电话真垃圾,再见 |
[10:46] | “This phone’s a piece of junk.” | “这电话真垃圾” |
[10:47] | Oh, no! She’s heard everything! What will we do? | 哦,不!她全听到了! 我们该怎么办? |
[10:50] | She thinks we’re gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with it. | 她以为我们是同性恋 尽管这事本身没什么错 |
[10:53] | No, no, of course not. People’s personal sexual preferences… | 不,当然不,个人的性取向 |
[10:56] | …are nobody’s business but their own. | 与他人无关 |
[11:01] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[11:02] | Elaine, right? Nice to meet you. | 是伊莲吗?很高兴见到你 |
[11:04] | – Thanks for meeting with me. – Sure. Would you like to take a seat? | – 非常感谢你愿意见我 – 当然,请坐? |
[11:07] | – Sure. – Thank you. | – 当然 – 谢谢 |
[11:09] | Why don’t you take your coat off? | 为什么不脱了外套? |
[11:14] | So she kept insisting I take off my coat. | 她坚持让我脱掉外套 |
[11:17] | I refused, and then she forcibly tried to get me to remove it. | 我拒绝,然后她强行帮我脱掉 |
[11:21] | She didn’t take her coat off in my house, either. | 在我那里她也不脱掉 |
[11:25] | You know there are tribes in Indonesia where if you keep your coat on… | 在印度尼西亚部落里 如果你在别人家里 |
[11:28] | …in somebody’s house, the families go to war. | 穿着外套,会引起家庭战争 |
[11:31] | Give me a break. | 算了吧 |
[11:32] | So you don’t take your coat off, and now everyone at NYU… | 你坚持不脱外套,纽约大学所有人 |
[11:35] | …thinks I’m gay. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 都会认为我是同性恋 但是这事本身没什么错 |
[11:38] | Not at all. | 根本没错 |
[11:42] | – Take that coat off. – I don’t want to take it off. | – 脱了外套 – 我不想脱 |
[11:44] | Take your coat off, already. | 脱掉 |
[11:49] | When will we see it? I’d like to read the article. | 我想看看那报道,什么时候发行? |
[11:51] | They’re sending it to me. | 他们会寄给我 |
[11:53] | All right, well… | 好吧,那么… |
[11:55] | – Here you go. Happy birthday. – Thank you. | – 拿着,生日快乐 – 谢谢 |
[11:59] | Two tickets to Guys and Dolls. I’m gonna go with you. | 两张《红男绿女》戏票,我要和你去 |
[12:05] | Guys and Dolls? Isn’t that a lavish Broadway musical? | 《红男绿女》?那个百老汇音乐剧? |
[12:10] | It’s Guys and Dolls, not Guys and Guys. | 是《红男绿女》,不是《红男绿男》 |
[12:14] | You’re right. Guys and Dolls. Thanks. Thanks very much. | 也对,《红男绿女》,非常感谢 |
[12:17] | – All right. – All right, well… | – 好吧 – 那么… |
[12:20] | – Happy birthday. – Oh, Lainey! | – 生日快乐 – 哦,阿莲! |
[12:26] | The Collected Works of Bette Midler. | 贝蒂・米德勒全集 (著名歌星,赢得大奖无数) |
[12:34] | What? l… I thought you liked Bette Midler. | 怎么?我以为你喜欢贝蒂・米德勒 |
[12:37] | She’s all right. | 她还好了 |
[12:39] | – You said you liked her. – Well, so what? Maybe I do like her. | – 你说过你喜欢她 – 所以呢?也许我喜欢她 |
[12:42] | – So what? – So nothing. | – 所以呢? – 没什么 |
[12:47] | – Well, thanks for the CDs. – Yeah, you’re welcome. | – 谢谢你的CD – 哦,不客气 |
[12:52] | Why are those two people pointing at you over there? | 为什么那边有人对你指指点点? |
[12:56] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[13:03] | – What’ve you got there? – The New York Post. | – 那是什么? – 是纽约邮报 |
[13:05] | They’ve got an article about you. | 这里有篇关于你的文章 |
[13:08] | “Although they maintain separate residences… | “尽管他们保持分居” |
[13:11] | …the comedian and his longtime companion seem to be inseparable.” | “这位喜剧演员 和他的伴侣难舍难分” |
[13:16] | Oh, no, The Associated Press picked up the NYU story. | 哦,不,联合通讯社 看到纽约大学的故事 |
[13:19] | That’s gonna be in every paper. | 现在世人皆知了 |
[13:20] | I’ve been outed. I wasn’t even in. | 我公开了,但我从来没瞒过啊 |
[13:25] | Now everyone’s gonna think we’re gay. | 现在都认为我们是同性恋 |
[13:27] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 这事本身没什么错 |
[13:29] | No, not at all. | 是的,没什么 |
[13:36] | “Within the confines of his fastidious bachelor pad… | “在其单身寓所内” |
[13:41] | …Seinfeld and Costanza bicker over the cleanliness of a piece of fruit… | “宋飞和克斯坦萨 为一个水果是否干净而争吵” |
[13:45] | …like an old married couple.” I told you that pear was washed. | “犹如一对已婚多年的夫妻” 我说过我洗过梨了 |
[13:53] | I thought we were friends. | 我以为我们是朋友 |
[14:01] | Here we go. | 看吧 |
[14:02] | I mean, how could you two keep this a secret from me? | 你们怎么能对我隐藏秘密 |
[14:05] | – It’s not true. – Enough lying. | – 这不是真的 – 够了 |
[14:08] | The lying is through. | 扯谎也没用了 |
[14:10] | Come on, Jerry, the masquerade is over. | 得了吧,杰瑞,别掩饰了 |
[14:13] | You’re thin, late 30s, single. | 你苗条、30几岁、单身 |
[14:16] | – So are you. – Yeah. | – 你也是 – 嗯 |
[14:30] | – Hello. – George? | – 喂 – 乔治? |
[14:32] | Mrs. Seinfeld? | 宋飞夫人? |
[14:34] | Oh, my God. | 哦,天啊 |
[14:38] | Oh, my God. Ma? | 哦,天啊,妈? |
[14:41] | – Jerry? – Ma. | – 杰瑞? – 妈 |
[14:43] | Oh, my God! | 哦,我的天! |
[14:45] | My mother! | 我的妈妈! |
[14:49] | – Jerry. – Ma, it’s not true. | – 杰瑞 – 妈,这不是真的 |
[14:51] | It was those culottes you made him wear when he was 5. | 他5岁时,你让他穿裙裤 |
[14:54] | They weren’t culottes. They were shorts. | 那不是裙裤,是短裤 |
[14:56] | They were culottes! You bought them in the girls’ department. | 就是裙裤,你在商场女装部买的 |
[15:00] | By mistake. By mistake, Jerry. I’m sorry. | 不小心买错的,杰瑞,我很抱歉 |
[15:04] | It looked like he was wearing a skirt, for crying out loud. | 可看起来是因为他哭闹 才给他穿裙子 |
[15:07] | It has nothing to do with the culottes. | 这跟裙裤无关 |
[15:09] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that, Jerry. | 即使如此也没关系,杰瑞 |
[15:14] | I open up the paper, and this is what I have to read about? | 我打开报纸,这就是我该看的? |
[15:18] | I fell right off the toilet. | 我从马桶上摔下来 |
[15:22] | My back went out again. I couldn’t move. | 我脊椎又突出了,不能动 |
[15:24] | The super had to come and help me up. | 别人过来把我扶起来 |
[15:27] | I was half-naked. | 我下身没穿衣服 |
[15:30] | It’s not true. | 这不是真的 |
[15:31] | Every day it’s something else with you. | 你天天都能搞出点乱子 |
[15:34] | I don’t know anything about you anymore. | 我都快不认识你了 |
[15:36] | Who are you? What kind of life are you leading? | 你是谁?过着怎样的生活? |
[15:40] | Who knows what you’re doing. Maybe you’re making porno films. | 谁知道你是干什么的 也许你在拍色情电影 |
[15:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[15:46] | I’m Buck Naked. | 我是赤裸公羊 |
[15:47] | You’re who? Buck Naked? | 是谁?赤裸公羊? |
[15:51] | Jerry, I can see. He’s so neat and thin. | 杰瑞我倒是看出了苗头 他很干净很苗条 |
[15:55] | Not that there’s anything wrong with it. | 这事本身没什么错 |
[15:57] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[16:01] | Six-thirty, Scott. Time for your sponge bath. | 6:30,斯科特,到时间擦澡了 |
[16:08] | Six-thirty already? I fell asleep. | 已经6:30了?我睡着了 |
[16:12] | Let me help you off with that. Here, I’ll Just slip it over your head. | 我帮你脱掉这个,先从头上穿过 |
[16:21] | – The water’s nice and warm, isn’t it? – Oh, that feels really good. | – 水温正好,对吧? – 感觉真棒 |
[16:29] | George, are you telling me the truth? | 乔治,你会告诉我真相吗? |
[16:32] | George, I’m talking to you! | 乔治,我在和你说话 |
[16:39] | Guess who left a message on my machine. | 你猜谁给我的电话留言了 |
[16:41] | That reporter from NYU. I wonder what she wants. | 是纽约大学的记者,很好奇她想要什么 |
[16:49] | All right. Now the play is tomorrow night. | 好了,票是明晚的 |
[16:51] | Would you like dinner first or just meet at the theater? | 你想先吃晚饭还是在剧场见? |
[16:54] | Excuse me, sir, I’m sorry to bother you. | 抱歉,先生,很抱歉打扰您 |
[16:56] | I want you to know that it took a lot of guts to come out how you did… | 我想说,您这样做需要很大的勇气 |
[17:00] | …and that you’ve inspired me to do the same… | 而这鼓舞我向您学习 |
[17:02] | …even though that may mean a discharge from the service. Thanks. | 尽管会被解除军职,但还是谢谢 |
[17:14] | You know, I think I’ll pass on the Guys and Dolls. | 我不想去看《红男绿女》 |
[17:18] | All right, fine, don’t go. | 随便,好,别去了 |
[17:20] | I try and go out and do something special for your birthday… | 我想在你生日时,做点特别的事 |
[17:23] | …and this is the thanks I get. Everything’s tainted now. | 这就是得来的谢谢 全乱套了 |
[17:26] | – Would you keep your voice down? – No, I will not keep my voice down! | – 能小点声吗? – 不能,我不能小点声 |
[17:30] | Nothing can make me keep my voice down! | 我没办法小点声 |
[17:33] | If you boys cannot control yourselves… | 如果你不能控制你自己 |
[17:37] | …then I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave. | 我只好请你们离开 |
[17:49] | – Fine, I’ll take Elaine. – Yes. | – 好吧,我和伊莲去 – 太棒了 |
[17:52] | Just don’t say anything to Allison. | 别告诉艾莉森 |
[17:55] | No, I won’t. Did she see the article? | 我不会的,她看到报道了么? |
[17:57] | – No. Just imagine her reaction. – Yeah. | – 还没,想象一下她的反应 – 嗯 |
[18:02] | – Oh, my God. – What? | – 哦,我的天 – 怎么了? |
[18:04] | She hasn’t seen the article. | 她还没看到报道 |
[18:07] | When she sees it, she’s gonna think… | 如果看到了,那么她会… |
[18:11] | I’m out, baby! I’m out! | 脱身了,宝贝!脱身了! |
[18:19] | Yeah, so? | 嗯,所以呢? |
[18:22] | “Yeah, so?” | “嗯,所以呢?” |
[18:23] | Well, this is nice. They mention your name. | 挺好的,这里提到你了 |
[18:26] | Don’t you see what it says here? | 看到他们说什么了吗? |
[18:28] | Don’t you understand what that’s implying? | 你不明白这里在暗示什么吗? |
[18:30] | No. What? | 不明白,怎么了? |
[18:32] | I’m gay. I’m a gay man. | 我是同性恋,我是个同性恋 |
[18:36] | I’m very, very gay. | 我是彻底的同性恋 |
[18:38] | – You’re gay? – Extraordinarily gay. | – 你是同性恋? – 彻头彻尾的同性恋 |
[18:41] | Steeped in gayness. | 不折不扣的同性恋 |
[18:44] | I don’t believe it. | 我不信 |
[18:47] | You don’t believe me, ask Jerry. | 不信的话,就去问杰瑞 |
[18:49] | – I will. – What do you mean, you will? | – 我会的 – 什么意思,你会做什么? |
[18:51] | No, no, no. That’s a bad idea. | 不,不,不,这是个烂主意 |
[18:52] | – Jerry’s a very private person. – I wanna hear it from Jerry. | – 杰瑞是个孤僻的人 – 我要他亲口告诉我 |
[19:05] | Oh, can you ever forgive me? | 哦,能原谅我吗? |
[19:08] | I don’t know. | 不清楚 |
[19:16] | All right, I forgive you. | 好吧,我原谅你 |
[19:20] | You know, the funny thing is, I was attracted to you immediately. | 有意思的是 当时我立刻被你吸引住了 |
[19:23] | I was attracted to you too. You remind me of Lois Lane. | 我也是,你让我想到路易斯・莱恩 (超人女友) |
[19:38] | Jerry! Oh, my God! What are you doing? | 杰瑞!天啊!你在干什么? |
[19:43] | What? | 什么? |
[19:45] | You’re with a woman! | 你和一个女人 |
[19:46] | I know. What are you doing here? | 我知道,你来干什么? |
[19:49] | I leave you alone for two seconds, and this is what you do? | 我只离开两分钟,你就做这种事? |
[19:53] | I trusted you! | 我是信任你的! |
[19:56] | – Would you get the hell out of here? – Stop it. | – 离开这里行不? – 别这样 |
[19:59] | – What…? What’s going on? – Yeah, what’s going on? | – 怎么…?怎么回事? – 是啊,怎么了? |
[20:01] | All right. Tell her. Go ahead. | 好吧,你告诉她,快去 |
[20:03] | – Tell her what? – You know, about us. | – 告诉她什么? – 关于我们的 |
[20:05] | – Are you crazy? – Tell her, Jerry. Tell her. | – 你疯了吗? – 告诉她,杰瑞,告诉她 |
[20:07] | I’m telling her nothing. Do you know what you’re saying? | 我无话可说,你知道你在说什么吗? |
[20:09] | This… This is too weird. | 这…这太奇怪了 |
[20:11] | Wait a minute. You wrote the article. Go ahead. Tell her. | 等等,是你写的,你去告诉她 |
[20:14] | I’m out of here. | 我走了 |
[20:15] | It’s not true! It’s not true! | 不是真的!不是真的! |
[20:19] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 这事本身没什么错 |
[20:23] | – You stupid idiot. – Oh, please don’t be upset. | – 你个白痴笨蛋 – 别太难过 |
[20:26] | Oh, would you stop it with that stuff? | 你能不能别再提那事? |
[20:29] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[20:32] | All right, I’ll tell you the truth. | 好吧,我告诉你真相 |
[20:34] | I’m not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[20:37] | My name’s Buck Naked. I’m a porno actor. | 我是赤裸公羊,是演色情片的 |
[20:47] | – Really? – Oh, my God. | – 真的? – 哦,天啊 |
[20:50] | – Hey, how you doing? – How you doing? | – 嘿,你好吗? – 你好吗? |
[20:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:56] | – Hi. How are you? | – Hi. How are you? – 嗨,你好吗? – 嗨,你好吗? |
[20:58] | All right, we’ll see you later. | 很好,再见 |
[21:05] | He’s the phone man. | 他来弄电话 |
[21:11] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 这事本身没什么错 |
[21:23] | I am not gay. | 我不是同性恋 |
[21:26] | I am, however, thin, single and neat. | 尽管我很瘦、单身、整洁 |
[21:29] | When someone is thin, single and neat… | 如果一个人很瘦、单身、整洁 |
[21:31] | …people assume they’re gay because that’s the stereotype. | 人们会认为他是同性恋者 因为这就是同性恋的典型特征 |
[21:34] | We normally don’t think of gay people as fat, sloppy and married. | 通常我们认为同性恋者 不会很胖、邋遢、已婚 |
[21:38] | Although I’m sure there are, I don’t want to perpetuate the stereotype. | 尽管我认为这样的人肯定大有人在 但我不想打破传统 |
[21:41] | I’m sure they’re the minority, though, within the gay community. | 他们是同性恋社群中的少数 |
[21:44] | Probably discriminated against. Because of that, people say to them: | 也许还被歧视,因此,人们会说: |
[21:47] | “You know, Joe, I enjoy being gay with you… | “那个,乔,和你在一起很快乐” |
[21:50] | …but it’s about time you got in shape, tucked your shirt in and lost the wife.” | “但你也是时候减减肥 整整衣服,甩甩老婆了” |
[21:55] | If people are gonna assume that neat people are gay… | 如果人们认为整洁的人是同性恋者 |
[21:58] | …instead of doing this: | 也许会这么做: |
[22:00] | “I think Joe might be a little…” | “我觉得乔有点…” |
[22:02] | They should vacuum. “You know, I think Joe might be…” | 同时做吸尘状 “你知道,我觉得乔最近…” |
[22:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:07] | I got a feeling he’s a little… | 我感觉他有点… |