时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There’s no way that moving in with your parents, | 搬回去和父母一起住 |
[00:04] | is a sign that your life is right on track. | 并不是你的生活步入正轨的标志 |
[00:07] | There’s no way that you could fake this, even. | 这种事你甚至没办法假装 |
[00:10] | “Yeah, things are going great. I met a terrific girl, | “是的 一切都好 我认识了一个很棒的女孩 |
[00:12] | “I got a great job, making a lot of money, | 找到了一份很棒的工作 挣了很多钱 |
[00:14] | and if everything goes according to plan, | 如果一切顺利的话 |
[00:15] | I’m going to be moving back in with my parents soon.” | 我很快就会搬回去 和我爸妈一起住了” |
[00:20] | It’s like getting busted on a parole violation, | 感觉就像是违反了假释条例 |
[00:22] | and thrown back into the slammer. | 又被扔回了监狱里 |
[00:24] | “In the opinion of the board, | “依据理事会的决定 |
[00:26] | you’d need further rehabilitation, I’m afraid.” | 恐怕你还需要进一步教化改造” |
[00:29] | And you go back into that little room of yours, | 你回到自己的小房间里 |
[00:32] | you feel so huge, | 感觉自己非常巨大 |
[00:33] | it’s like you can take your bed and just crush it in your hands. | 感觉可以拿起自己的床 然后在手里把它捏碎 |
[00:36] | You can hold your parents between your fingers going, | 然后抓起你的爸妈说 |
[00:38] | “why was I so afraid of you people when I was growing up?” | “为什么在我成长的过程中 会害怕你们这些人?” |
[00:44] | [♪♪♪] | |
[00:45] | GEORGE: I can’t believe this. | 我真的无法相信 |
[00:47] | Oh, it won’t be for that long. | 不会太久的 |
[00:49] | How could I do this? | 我怎么能这样做? |
[00:50] | How can I move back in with those people? | 我怎么能搬回去和他们一起住? |
[00:51] | Please, tell me. | 拜托 告诉我 |
[00:52] | They’re insane! You know that. | 他们都是疯子 你知道的 |
[00:54] | My parents are just as crazy as your parents. | 听着 我爸妈和你爸妈一样疯狂 |
[00:56] | How can you compare your parents to my parents? | 你怎么能把你爸妈 和我爸妈相提并论? |
[00:59] | My father has never thrown anything out, ever. | 我爸从没扔掉过任何东西 从没有 |
[01:04] | My father wears his sneakers in the pool. | 我爸在泳池里穿球鞋 |
[01:07] | Sneakers! | 球鞋 |
[01:09] | My mother has never set foot in a natural body of water. | 我妈从没踏足过自然界的水体 |
[01:15] | Listen carefully. | 仔细听好 |
[01:18] | My mother has never laughed. | 我妈从来没笑过 |
[01:21] | Ever. | 从来没有 |
[01:22] | Not a giggle, not a chuckle, | 没咯咯笑过 |
[01:24] | not a tee-hee, | 没轻声笑过 也没有嘿嘿笑过 |
[01:27] | never went “ha!” | 也从没哈哈笑过 |
[01:29] | A smirk? | -假笑呢? |
[01:30] | Maybe. | -或许有吧 |
[01:31] | And I’m moving back in there. | 我竟然要搬回去住 |
[01:33] | I told you I’d lend you the money for the rent. | 我都说了我会借给你钱交租金 |
[01:35] | No, no, borrowing money from a friend, | 不… |
[01:37] | is like having sex. | 向朋友借钱就像做爱 |
[01:38] | It just completely changes the relationship. | 会完全改变两人之间的关系 嘿 |
[01:44] | All right. I’m ready. | 好的 我准备好了 |
[01:46] | You know, I still don’t understand, | 我还是搞不懂 |
[01:47] | why do you want to move back in with your parents? | 你为什么想搬回去和你爸妈一起住? |
[01:50] | I don’t want to. | 我不想 |
[01:51] | I’m out of money. I got $714 in the bank. | 可是我没钱了 我银行账户里只有714块了 |
[01:54] | Well, move in here. | -那就搬到这里来住 |
[01:56] | What’s that? | -你说什么? |
[01:58] | Why doesn’t he just move in here? | 他为什么不直接搬到这来? |
[02:00] | Yeah. I’m gonna move in with him. | 是的 |
[02:02] | He doesn’t even let you use the toilet. | 我搬过来和他一起住 他甚至都不让你用洗手间 |
[02:03] | You can move in with me if you want. | 如果你想的话 可以搬来和我一起住 |
[02:08] | Thank you. I, uh– | 谢谢 我… |
[02:10] | That might not work out. | 这样恐怕还是不行 |
[02:14] | Careful! Careful with the suitcases. | 当心 |
[02:17] | We just painted. | 当心你的行李箱 我们刚刚粉刷过 |
[02:19] | Hello, Mrs. Costanza. | -你好 克斯坦萨夫人 -你好 克瑞莫 |
[02:21] | Hello, Kramer. Close the door. | -把门关上 |
[02:22] | I gotta bring in some more stuff. | -我还要拿东西进来 |
[02:24] | More stuff? How much is there? | -还有东西? -是的 |
[02:26] | There’s more. | -还有多少? -还有很多 |
[02:28] | So, how are you, Jerry? | -你好吗 杰瑞? |
[02:30] | Fine, Mrs. Costanza. | -我很好 克斯坦萨夫人 |
[02:31] | Hey, I got a terrific joke for you. | 我给你讲个很棒的笑话 |
[02:32] | Nah. Not interested. | 不用了 没兴趣 |
[02:36] | No, no. It’s really funny. There’s these two guys– | 别这样 真的很有趣 |
[02:39] | Tell it to the audience. | -有两个男人… -去和你的观众说 |
[02:43] | Here, I made some bologna sandwiches. | 我做了一些腊肠三明治 |
[02:45] | Bologna? Nobody eats bologna anymore. | 腊肠?现在都没有人吃腊肠了 |
[02:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在胡说什么?吃块三明治 |
[02:49] | Have a sandwich. No, thanks. | -不用了 |
[02:51] | Oh, stop it. | 谢谢 -别这样 |
[02:52] | You don’t want one, Kramer? | -你想不想来一块 克瑞莫? |
[02:54] | Uh, no, thanks. | -不用了 谢谢 |
[02:56] | I think you’re all a little touched in the head. | 我觉得你们脑子都有问题 |
[02:58] | You’re so worried about your health? | 你们这么担心自己的健康吗? |
[03:00] | You’re young men. | 你们都很年轻 |
[03:01] | I really don’t eat it. | -我真的不吃 |
[03:02] | What am I going to do with all these sandwiches? | -那我要怎么处理这些三明治? |
[03:05] | Will you take them home, | 你们要不要带回家? |
[03:06] | give them to someone in your building? | 送给你们那栋楼里的什么人? |
[03:09] | I don’t know if I feel comfortable, | 拿着腊肠三明治在楼里到处走 |
[03:11] | handing out bologna sandwiches in the building. | 我会觉得很别扭 |
[03:14] | All right. That’s it. Anything else? | 好了 都在这了 还有吗? |
[03:16] | No. That’s it. | 没了 就这么多 |
[03:18] | [HORN HONKS] | |
[03:19] | I gotta go move the car. | -我要去把车挪一下 -好的 |
[03:21] | Well, I guess we’ll be going. | 我们要走了 |
[03:23] | What? You going? | -什么?你们要走了? |
[03:25] | Yeah. | -是的 |
[03:28] | Well, what are you doing later? | 你们待会准备干什么? |
[03:30] | Elaine and I are going out with Kramer and his new girlfriend. | 伊莲和我要去 跟克瑞莫和他女朋友吃晚餐 |
[03:33] | Really? Yeah. | -真的吗? -是的 |
[03:34] | You can’t believe this woman. | 这个女的让人难以置信 |
[03:35] | She’s a low-talker, | 她说话声音特别小 |
[03:36] | you can’t hear what she’s saying. | 你根本听不到她在说什么 |
[03:38] | You’re always going, “excuse me, what?” | 你要一直问“抱歉 |
[03:40] | Maybe I’ll meet you. | 你说什么?” 我去找你们吧? |
[03:42] | No, George. We’re going out to eat tonight, | 不行 |
[03:44] | with your father. | 乔治 |
[03:46] | Oh. | 我们今晚要和你爸出去吃饭 |
[03:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:50] | I’ll talk to you later. | -回聊 |
[03:52] | Yeah. Take it easy. | -好的 保重 |
[04:04] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[04:11] | Okay, well, I had this idea for a pizza place, | -是吗? -好吧 |
[04:14] | where you make your own pie. | 他以前有个想法 开一家自己做派的披萨店 |
[04:16] | Right. You remember that? | -是的 -你记得吗? |
[04:18] | Yeah, well, that was a good one. | -是的 想法不错 -好吧… |
[04:20] | [MURMURING] | |
[04:24] | What’s that? Excuse me? | -你说什么? -不好意思? |
[04:26] | [MURMURING] | |
[04:31] | Yeah. | Yeah. -是吗?是的 |
[04:36] | You know that Leslie’s in the clothing business? | -是的… 莱斯利是从事服装行业的 |
[04:39] | She’s a designer. | 她是服装设计师 |
[04:40] | In fact, she’s come up with a new one, | 事实上 |
[04:42] | that’s gonna be the big new look in men’s fashions. | 她设计了一个新款 将会成为男士时尚新潮流 |
[04:44] | It’s, uh, like a puffy shirt. | 蓬蓬衫 |
[04:46] | [MURMURING] | |
[04:48] | Yeah, it’s all puffy, | 是的 非常蓬松 |
[04:49] | like the pirates used to wear. | 就像以前的海盗服一样 |
[04:52] | Oh, a puffy shirt. | -蓬蓬衫 -蓬松 |
[04:54] | Puffy. | 是的 |
[04:55] | See, I think people wanna look like pirates. | 我觉得人们 希望自己看上去像海盗 |
[04:58] | You know, It’s the right time for it, | 这正是好时机 |
[05:00] | be all puffy and devil-may-care. | 那种蓬松感 那种不顾一切的感觉 |
[05:03] | [MURMURING] | |
[05:10] | That’s true. | 好的 那是真的 |
[05:15] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[05:26] | Jerry’s going to be on the Today Show on Friday. | 杰瑞周五要上《今日秀》 |
[05:29] | Yeah, that’s right. | -是的 没错 |
[05:30] | He’s promoting a benefit for Goodwill, | -是的 他要为善念机构募捐资金 |
[05:34] | you know, they clothe the poor and the homeless. | 他们为穷人 无家可归的人 |
[05:38] | And the indigent. | And the indigent. -还有穷苦的人 -还有穷苦的人 是的 |
[05:40] | Yeah. I do volunteer work for them. | 我为他们做志愿工作 |
[05:42] | I set the whole thing up, and I got Jerry to do it. | 我组织安排整个活动 杰瑞去做 |
[05:45] | [MURMURING] | |
[05:50] | Sure. Oh, yeah. | -好的 -是的 |
[05:52] | Yeah. Yup. | -没错 是的 -是的 |
[05:54] | [MURMURING] | |
[05:57] | Uh-huh. Yup. | 是的 |
[05:59] | Yup. Mm-hmm. | 是 是的 |
[06:04] | Maybe you should take a civil-service test. | 或许你该参加公务员考试 |
[06:06] | I’m not taking a civil-service test. | 我不会参加公务员考试的 |
[06:09] | Look at this, George. | 看看这个 乔治 |
[06:11] | You ever seen a silver dollar? | 你见过银币吗? |
[06:12] | Yes, I’ve seen a silver dollar. | 是的 我见过银币 |
[06:15] | Why don’t you want to take a civil-service test? | 你为什么不想参加公务员考试? |
[06:17] | To do what, work in the post office? | 要去做什么?在邮局工作吗? |
[06:20] | Is that what you want me to do? | 这就是你想让我做的吗? |
[06:21] | Would you believe, when I was 18, | 你能相信我18岁的时候 |
[06:22] | I had a silver dollar collection? | 有银币收藏品吗? |
[06:27] | I don’t understand. You get job security, | 我搞不懂 |
[06:30] | You get a paycheck every week. | 公务员有工作保障 每周都会发工资 |
[06:32] | I’m a college graduate. You want me to be a mailman? | 我是个大学毕业生 你希望我去当邮差吗? |
[06:35] | You know, I couldn’t bring myself to spend one of these. | 这些银币我一个都舍不得花 |
[06:39] | I got some kind of, uhh, | 我患上了某种… |
[06:41] | phobia. | 恐惧症 |
[06:46] | So, what are you gonna do? | -那你要做什么? |
[06:47] | I don’t know. | -我不知道 |
[06:48] | I do know that I have some kind of a talent, | 我只知道我有某种天分 |
[06:51] | something to offer. | 我会有所作为 |
[06:52] | I just don’t know what it is yet. | 我只是还不知道是什么 |
[06:54] | I bet that collection | 我打赌我的银币收藏品 |
[06:55] | would be worth a lot of money today. | 如今会值很多钱 |
[07:03] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天 |
[07:08] | I don’t like this waiter. | 我不喜欢这个服务员 |
[07:11] | Look at him. | 瞧瞧他 |
[07:13] | He sees us. | 他看到我们了 |
[07:15] | Doesn’t wanna come over. | 但是不想过来 |
[07:19] | I need some air. | 我去透透气 |
[07:22] | George, where you going? | -乔治 |
[07:23] | I got a lot thinking to do. | 你要去哪里? |
[07:29] | Oh! | -我要思考很多问题 |
[07:30] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m terribly sorry. | 对不起 太对不起了 |
[07:32] | Look what you’ve done. You’ve spilled my bag. | 看看你做的好事 我包里的东西都被你撞飞了 |
[07:34] | Here, let me help you. | -我帮你捡起来 -不用 |
[07:35] | No, no. It’s all right. | 不用了 没事了 |
[07:37] | It’s just that I’m here with my parents, | 我和我爸妈来这里吃饭 |
[07:39] | and my mother wants me to take a civil-service test. | 我妈想让我参加公务员考试 |
[07:42] | To tell you the truth, I don’t even think I’d pass it. | 实话跟你说 |
[07:45] | Hmm. | 我觉得我肯定考不过 所以… |
[07:46] | What? | 怎么了? |
[07:51] | Your hands. | -你的手 |
[07:52] | What about them? | -我的手怎么了? |
[07:55] | They’re quite exquisite. | 非常精致 |
[07:58] | They are? | 是吗? |
[08:00] | Extraordinary. | 太惊艳了 |
[08:02] | Have you ever done any hand modeling? | 你做过手模的工作吗? |
[08:05] | Hand modeling? | 手模? |
[08:08] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[08:10] | Why don’t you, uh, give me a call? | 你可以… 给我打个电话 (专业模特 艾尔莎卡利斯勒) |
[08:22] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[08:25] | Me neither. | 我也不明白 |
[08:26] | What is it? I don’t know. | -有什么特别的? -我不知道 |
[08:29] | They’re hands. | 只是手而已 |
[08:30] | This woman already signed me up for a job. | 这个女人要给我一份工作 |
[08:32] | Well, what about my hands? | 那我的手呢? |
[08:33] | I don’t see how your hands are any better than my hands. | 我不觉得你的手比我的手更好 |
[08:36] | What, are you kidding? | 你是在开玩笑吗? |
[08:38] | Knuckles are all out of proportion, | 你的指关节都不成比例 |
[08:40] | you got hair over there– | 这里还有手毛 |
[08:41] | Where do you get off comparing your hands to my hands? | 你的手和我的手有可比性吗? |
[08:44] | This is a one in a million hand. | 我的手可是百万里挑一 |
[08:47] | That’s what comes from avoiding manual labor your whole life. | 这都要归结于 你一生都在逃避体力劳动 |
[08:54] | This is it. It’s happened to me, Jerry. | 发生了 在我身上发生了 杰瑞 |
[08:56] | I was sitting in the restaurant, | 我当时坐在餐厅里 |
[08:58] | the two nut-jobs were talking, | 两个疯狂的老家伙一直念叨 我再也忍受不了了 |
[08:59] | I couldn’t take it anymore. | 就起身离开 |
[09:01] | I get up from the table and “bop,” I bop into this woman. | 然后 我撞上了这个女人 |
[09:05] | It’s just like in the movies. | 感觉就像电影里的情节 |
[09:06] | Hey. | -嘿 |
[09:08] | Hey. | -嘿 |
[09:09] | Hey, George. Hey. | -嘿 |
[09:11] | [BUZZES] Ow! Aah! | 乔治 -嘿 |
[09:13] | Are you crazy? | -你疯了吗?你疯了吗? |
[09:14] | What? Are you crazy? | -怎么了? |
[09:16] | You could’ve damaged my hands! | -怎么了? -你会毁了我的手的 |
[09:18] | But it’s just a toy! | 只是个玩具而已 |
[09:20] | George has become a hand model. | 乔治刚刚成为了手模 |
[09:22] | A hand model? Yes. | -手模? |
[09:25] | Really? Let me see your hands. | -是的 真的吗?让我看看你的手 |
[09:27] | You can look at them, | 你可以看 |
[09:28] | but do not touch them. | 但是不能碰 |
[09:33] | Let’s see. | 让我看看 |
[09:35] | Oh, those are nice. | 真不错 |
[09:37] | You know, I never noticed this before. | 我之前居然没留意到 |
[09:40] | They’re smooth, | 你的手很光滑 |
[09:41] | creamy, | 很白嫩 |
[09:43] | delicate, yet masculine. | 精致却又不失男人味 |
[09:48] | All right. I gotta get going. | 好了 我要走了 |
[09:52] | Oven mitts? | 戴着微波炉手套? |
[09:55] | It’s all I could find. | 我只能找到这个 |
[09:59] | Would you mind getting the door? | -能帮我开一下门吗? -好的 |
[10:04] | Thank you very much. | -非常感谢 |
[10:09] | You’re not gonna believe what’s happening with Leslie. | -不客气 你不会相信莱斯利碰上了什么好事 |
[10:12] | You know, since you agreed to wear the puffy shirt, | 自从你同意在《今日秀》上穿蓬蓬衫 |
[10:14] | on the Today Show, | |
[10:15] | she’s getting all these orders, | 她收到了好多 |
[10:16] | from boutiques and department stores. Uh-huh. | 精品店和百货商店的订单 |
[10:20] | Since I what? | 自从我什么? |
[10:23] | Agreed to wear the puffy shirt. | 答应穿蓬蓬衫 |
[10:25] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[10:26] | When you said that you would agree | 你说你同意在《今日秀》上 |
[10:28] | to wear the puffy shirt on the Today Show. | 穿蓬蓬衫 |
[10:42] | This? | -这个吗? -是的 |
[10:45] | I agreed to wear this? | -我同意穿这个? |
[10:46] | Yeah, yeah. | -是的 是的 |
[10:49] | When did I do that? | 我什么时候同意的? |
[10:50] | When we went to dinner the other night. | 我们那晚吃饭的时候 |
[10:53] | What, are you crazy? | 你疯了吗? |
[10:55] | What were you talking about, | 我去洗手间时 |
[10:56] | when I went to the bathroom? | 你们都聊了什么? |
[10:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:59] | I couldn’t understand a word she was saying, | 她说的话我一句都听不懂 |
[11:01] | I was just nodding. | -我只是在点头 |
[11:02] | There you go. | -那就是了 |
[11:03] | Where I go? | 什么是了? |
[11:05] | You mean, she was asking me to wear this ridiculous shirt | 你是说她当时问我 能不能穿着这件可笑的衬衫 |
[11:08] | on national TV, and I said yes? | 出现在全国电视直播节目里 我答应了? |
[11:10] | Yes, yes, you said it. | 是的 是的 你答应了 |
[11:12] | But I didn’t know what she was talking about, | 但我不知道她在说什么 |
[11:14] | I couldn’t hear her. Well, she asked you. | 我听不见她说的话 她问了你 |
[11:16] | I can’t wear this puffy shirt on TV. | 我不能穿这件蓬蓬衫 出现在电视节目里 |
[11:19] | I mean, look at it. It looks ridiculous. | 你自己看看这衣服 简直太可笑了 |
[11:22] | Well, you gotta wear it now. | 你现在必须穿它了 |
[11:24] | All those stores are stocking it, | 那些商店都在囤货 |
[11:26] | based on the condition that you’re gonna wear this | 就因为你会穿这件衣服 |
[11:28] | on the TV show. | 出现在电视节目里 |
[11:29] | The factory in New Jersey is already making them. | 新泽西州的工厂已经在生产了 |
[11:31] | They’re making these? Yes, yes. | 他们在生产这种衣服? 是的 是的 |
[11:35] | This pirate trend that she’s come up with, Jerry, | 她设计的这种海盗风 杰瑞 |
[11:38] | this is gonna be the new look for the 90’s. | 这将是90年代的新潮流 |
[11:40] | You’re gonna be the first pirate. | 你将会是第一个海盗 |
[11:42] | But I don’t want to be a pirate! | 但我不想做海盗 |
[11:47] | [♪♪♪] | |
[11:49] | MRS. COSTANZA: I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[11:50] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[11:51] | I always knew you had beautiful hands. | 我一直知道你的手很漂亮 |
[11:54] | I used to tell people. | 我过去还常常和别人说起 |
[11:55] | Frank, didn’t I used to talk about his hands? | 弗兰克 我过去是不是 经常说到他的手? |
[11:58] | Who the hell did you ever mention his hands to? | 你到底和谁提起过他的手? |
[12:00] | I mentioned his hands to plenty of people. | 我和很多人都提起过他的手 |
[12:03] | You never mentioned them to me! | 你从没和我提起过 |
[12:05] | Hand me an emery board. | 把指甲砂锉递给我一下 |
[12:09] | I always talk about your hands, | 我一直说起你的手 |
[12:11] | how they’re so soft and milky white. | 非常细腻柔软 光滑白皙 |
[12:14] | No, you never said milky white. | -不 |
[12:15] | I said milky white! | 你从没说过光滑白皙 -我说过光滑白皙 |
[12:22] | Scissor. | 指甲剪 |
[12:26] | Don’t hand them to me with the point facing out! | 递给我时 不要把尖的那头对着我 |
[12:28] | I’m sorry. You’re sorry? | -对不起 -对不起? |
[12:31] | I’ll try to be more careful. | 我会更加小心的 |
[12:34] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[12:40] | Georgie– Oh. | 乔治 |
[12:44] | Georgie, would you like some JELL-O? | 乔治 你想吃果冻吗? |
[12:47] | Why did you put the bananas in there? | 果冻里为什么要放香蕉? |
[12:50] | George likes the bananas! | 乔治喜欢吃香蕉 |
[12:52] | So let him have bananas on the side! | 那就让他单吃香蕉 |
[12:53] | All right, please! | 好了 拜托 拜托 |
[12:55] | Please, I cannot have this constant bickering. | 我受不了你们这种无休止的争论了 |
[12:59] | Stress is very damaging to the epidermis. | 压力对皮肤表皮非常有害 |
[13:04] | Now, I have an important photo session in the morning. | 我明早有个重要的拍摄 |
[13:06] | My hands have got to be in tip-top shape. | 我的手要保持最佳状态 |
[13:09] | So please, keep the television down, | 所以拜托把电视声音调小 |
[13:10] | and the conversation to a minimum. | 尽量少说话 |
[13:12] | But, Georgie, what about the JELL-O? | 可是 乔治 果冻怎么办? |
[13:17] | I’ll take it in my room. | 我会拿去我房间 |
[13:24] | [KNOCK ON DOOR] Yeah, come in. | (国家广播电视公司演播室) 请进 |
[13:27] | Just wanted to let you know, he’s got about five minutes. | 我只是过来告诉你一声 他还有五分钟 |
[13:29] | Yep, yep. | 好的 |
[13:33] | Jerry! Five minutes! | 杰瑞 还有五分钟 |
[13:43] | Now that’s a great-looking shirt. | 这真是一件好看的衬衫 |
[13:46] | Aye, captain! | 是的 |
[13:48] | Yeah. | 船长 好的 |
[13:49] | I’m glad I ironed it. It’s perfect. | 还好我烫了一下 太完美了 |
[13:53] | Look at it. It’s fantastic. | 瞧瞧 太帅气了 |
[13:55] | Kramer, how am I gonna wear this? | 克瑞莫 |
[13:57] | I can’t wear this. | 我怎么能穿这样的衣服? 我不能穿这件衣服 |
[13:58] | Hey, this looks better than anything you own. | 听着 这比你的任何一件衣服都好看 |
[14:01] | You know, in two month’s time, | 要知道 两个月之后 |
[14:03] | everybody’s gonna be wearing the pirate look. | 所有人都会穿这身海盗装 |
[14:05] | [KNOCK ON DOOR] | |
[14:09] | Hi Kramer, guess what. I just saw Bryant Gumbel. | -是的 -克瑞莫 我刚看见布赖恩特冈贝尔了 |
[14:12] | He said he might help out at the benefit. Great. | 他说愿意帮我们募捐资金 太好了 |
[14:22] | What is that? | -这是什么? |
[14:23] | It’s the puffy shirt. Look at it. | -这是蓬蓬衫 快看看 |
[14:26] | What do you think? Is it cool or what? | 你觉得怎么样?是不是很酷? |
[14:29] | Why are you wearing this now? | 你为什么要现在穿? |
[14:31] | Why am I wearing it now? | 我为什么要现在穿? |
[14:33] | I’ll tell you why I’m wearing it now. | 我告诉你我为什么现在穿 |
[14:35] | Because the low-talker asked me to, that’s why. | 因为低语者问我穿不穿 这就是为什么 |
[14:38] | And I said yes. | 我答应了 |
[14:39] | Do you know why? | 你知道为什么吗? |
[14:41] | Because I couldn’t hear her. | 因为我听不到她在说什么 |
[14:43] | When did she–? When did she ask you this? | 她什么时候问你的? |
[14:46] | When we were at dinner and Kramer went to the bathroom. | 我们吃晚饭那天 克瑞莫去洗手间的时候 |
[14:49] | I didn’t hear anything– | -我什么都没听到 -当然没听到 |
[14:50] | Of course not. | 那女人说话的时候 |
[14:52] | Nobody hears anything when this woman speaks! | 没人能听到她说什么 |
[14:54] | Well, you can’t wear that on the show. | 你不能穿这个上节目 |
[14:57] | Elaine, you want to stuff it? | 伊莲 |
[14:58] | Wha–? What? No. | 能不能别说了? 什么?不行 |
[15:00] | Jerry, you are promoting a benefit, | 杰瑞 你要募捐资金 |
[15:02] | to clothe homeless people. | 为无家可归的人捐助衣服 |
[15:08] | You can’t come out dressed like that. | 你不能穿成这样上节目 |
[15:10] | You’re all puffed up. | 整个人都肿起来了 |
[15:13] | You look like the Count of Monte Cristo. | 看上去就像基督山伯爵 |
[15:16] | I have to wear it, | 我不得不穿 |
[15:17] | The woman has orders for this shirt, | 就因为我会穿这衣服上节目 |
[15:19] | based on me wearing it on TV! | 那女人接到了很多衣服订单 |
[15:21] | They’re producing them as we speak. | 他们正在生产衣服呢 |
[15:23] | Yeah, but you’re supposed to be a compassionate person, | 是的 但你要树立的形象 是一个有同情心的人 |
[15:26] | that cares about poor people. | 关心穷人的人 |
[15:28] | You look like you’re gonna swing in on a chandelier. | 但你现在看上去 就像要从吊灯上直接甩上舞台 |
[15:33] | [KNOCK ON DOOR] | |
[15:36] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[15:39] | Is that what you’re wearing? | 你就穿这件衣服吗? |
[15:43] | I’ve never seen hands like these before. | 我从没见过这样的双手 |
[15:46] | You’re so soft and milky white. | 如此柔软细腻 光滑白皙 |
[15:48] | You know whose hands they remind me of? | 你知道你的手 让我想起了谁的手吗? |
[15:51] | Ray McKigney. | 雷米基德尼 |
[15:54] | Oh! Ray. | -就是雷 |
[15:55] | He was it. | -就是他 |
[15:56] | Who was he? | 他是谁? |
[15:58] | The most exquisite hands you’ve ever seen. | 有史以来最精致的手 |
[16:01] | Oh, he had it all. | 他的手让人叹为观止 |
[16:02] | What happened to him? | 他发生什么事了? |
[16:08] | Tragic story, I’m afraid. | 悲剧 |
[16:12] | He could’ve had any woman in the world, | 真是遗憾 他本来要什么样的女人都有 |
[16:15] | but none could match the beauty of his own hand. | 但是没有谁能比得上他的手 |
[16:19] | And that became his one true love. | 那成了他唯一的真爱 |
[16:27] | You mean, uh–? | 你是说… |
[16:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:30] | He was not master of his domain. | 他不是自己领地的主人 |
[16:38] | But how–? | -但他怎么… |
[16:40] | The muscles became so strained with overuse, | -肌肉 因为过度使用变得紧张 |
[16:43] | that eventually the hand locked into a deformed position, | 以至于最后手都变形了 |
[16:47] | and he was left with nothing but a claw. | 所以他最终什么都没了 就只剩一个爪子 |
[16:50] | He traveled the world seeking a cure: | 他跑遍了全世界 寻求医治方法 |
[16:53] | acupuncturists, | 问过针灸师 |
[16:55] | herbalists, swamis. | 中医和哲人 |
[16:58] | Nothing helped. | 但都是徒劳 |
[16:59] | Towards the end, | 最后 |
[17:02] | his hands became so frozen, | 他的双手变得非常僵硬 |
[17:04] | he was unable to manipulate utensils, | 以至于不能使用器具 |
[17:06] | and was dependent on cub scouts to feed him. | 要依赖幼童军喂他吃东西 |
[17:10] | I hadn’t seen another pair of hands, | 直到今天我才见到 |
[17:12] | like Ray McKigney’s, until today. | 像雷米基德尼一样的双手 |
[17:15] | You are his successor. | 你是他的继承者 |
[17:17] | I, uh, only hope you have a little more self-control. | 我只希望你的自控力会更好 |
[17:26] | You don’t have to worry about me. | 你不必担心我 |
[17:29] | I won a contest. | 我赢了一个比赛 好的 我们开工 |
[17:37] | Okay, let’s get to work. | (国家广播公司工作室) 回到节目中 现在是7点46分 |
[17:44] | On Tuesday the 19th here in New York, | 周二19日那一天 就在纽约 |
[17:47] | there’ll be a benefit for the Goodwill Industries, | 有一场由善念机构主办的募捐会 |
[17:49] | a used clothing organization, | 这是一个向有需要的人士 |
[17:50] | that provides services to the needy. | 提供二手衣物的组织 |
[17:52] | One of the performers will be comedian Jerry Seinfeld. | 其中一位表演者是喜剧演员杰瑞宋飞 |
[17:55] | Jerry, good morning. Thank you, Brian. | -杰瑞 早上好 -谢谢 布赖恩特 |
[17:56] | And speaking of clothing, | 谈到衣服 |
[17:58] | that is a very, very unusual shirt you have on. | 你今天穿的这件衬衫 非常非常特别 |
[18:01] | Uh-huh, yeah. | 谢谢 |
[18:05] | You’re all kind of puffed up. | 你整个人好像都肿起来了 |
[18:08] | Yes, it’s a puffy shirt. | 是的 这是件蓬蓬衫 |
[18:10] | You look like a pirate. | 你看上去有点像海盗 |
[18:13] | Like a pirate. | 是的 像海盗 |
[18:14] | Anyway, uh, you know, | 是这样的 |
[18:15] | we’re hoping to raise enough money– | 我们希望 能募捐到足够的资金 |
[18:18] | You know, you know– | -你知道 -来帮助… |
[18:19] | Look, I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[18:20] | it is just a very unusual shirt. | 这件衣服实在是太特别了 |
[18:22] | It could become a whole new look for you. | 完全可以是你的全新形象 |
[18:24] | You know, you could put a patch over an eye, | 你可以戴一个眼罩 |
[18:26] | You could kinda be the pirate comedian– | 你可以做个海盗喜剧演员 |
[18:27] | Uh-huh, yeah. | 是的 |
[18:30] | You gonna be wearing the puffy shirt at the–? | -你会穿这件衬衫出席音乐会吗? |
[18:32] | Look, it’s not my shirt. Whose shirt is–? | -听着 这不是我的衬衫 |
[18:34] | What’s the difference? | -那是谁的? -有什么区别吗? |
[18:35] | I agreed to wear it. | 我答应要穿它 |
[18:37] | It’s a puffy shirt, I feel ridiculous in it. | 这是件蓬蓬衫 我觉得穿上去很傻 |
[18:40] | And I think it’s the stupidest shirt I’ve ever seen, | 而且实话告诉你 |
[18:43] | to be perfectly honest with you. | 我觉得这是我见过的最傻的衬衫 |
[18:44] | LESLIE: You bastard! | 你这个混蛋 |
[18:47] | Did you hear that? | -你听到了吗? |
[18:48] | That I heard. | -我听到了 |
[18:53] | All right. A little to the left. | 好的 稍微往左一点 |
[18:55] | Little higher. Good, Perfect. | 稍微高点 稍微高点 很好 完美 完美 |
[18:57] | Like that? Just like that. Hold it. | -像这样吗? -就这样 别动 很好 |
[18:59] | Okay, let me get one more. | 好的 让我再拍一张 |
[19:02] | Good. That’s it. | 好了 |
[19:03] | You’re done. That’s it? | 拍完了 收工了 |
[19:05] | That’s it. | -拍完了? |
[19:07] | And here’s your check. | -拍完了 这是你的支票 |
[19:09] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[19:10] | It was an honor. | 很荣幸 |
[19:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:17] | It was great working with you. | 和你一起工作很棒 |
[19:19] | Your hands are beautiful. | 你的手很漂亮 |
[19:21] | Oh. | |
[19:22] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[19:26] | You know, I was wondering, | 我在想如果你待会没什么事 |
[19:27] | if you’re not doing anything later, | |
[19:29] | maybe you’d like to get together. | 或许我们可以聚一下 |
[19:38] | Whoo-hoo-hoo! | (国家广播公司工作室) |
[19:43] | You ruined me, you ruined my career! | 你毁了我 你毁了我的事业 |
[19:45] | Just keep your voice down. Everyone can hear you. | 拜托小声点 大家都听到了 |
[19:48] | I don’t give a damn! | 我才不管 |
[19:49] | You know, if you talked this loud to begin with, | 如果你一开始就用这个嗓门说话 |
[19:52] | I wouldn’t be in this costume in the first place. | 我根本就不会穿这件衣服 |
[19:54] | Hey, hey, you can’t believe this. | 听着 |
[19:55] | Look at this check. They told me I had | 真无法相信 看看这张支票 |
[19:57] | the most beautiful hands they’ve ever seen in their life, | 他们说我的手 |
[19:59] | except for this McKigney guy. | 是他们这辈子见过的最漂亮的手 除了那个叫米基德尼的人 |
[20:01] | This great-looking girl gave me her phone number. | 还有个漂亮的女生 给了我她的手机号码 我做到了 |
[20:03] | I got it all! I’m busting, Jerry. I’m busting! | 我都做到了 我成功了 杰瑞 我成功了 |
[20:05] | Hey, I’ve never noticed your hands before, let me see. | 我之前没留意过你的手 让我看看 |
[20:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[20:11] | Yeah. Real nice. | 好吧 真不错 |
[20:17] | Nice shirt. | 衬衫不错 |
[20:20] | Wh– What is this? | 这衣服是怎么回事? |
[20:22] | Is this what you wore on the show? | 你穿着这个上节目吗? |
[20:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:24] | Have you completely lost your mind? | 你疯了吗? |
[20:26] | Who’s dressing you? | -喂 -谁让你穿的? |
[20:28] | You look like a complete idiot. | 你看上去像个傻瓜 |
[20:31] | I wouldn’t wipe my– | 我不会擦掉我的… |
[20:33] | Aah! | |
[20:34] | [GEORGE SCREAMING] | |
[20:40] | You ready? Yeah. | -准备好了吗? -好的 |
[20:47] | Hot, hot! | 烫… |
[20:48] | Hot! ELAINE: I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:51] | This McKigney guy had a few good years. | 那个米基德尼起码还红了几年 |
[20:55] | How could you forget to turn off an iron? | 你怎么会忘了关掉熨斗? |
[20:57] | I was excited because Jerry was putting on the puffy shirt. | 我太兴奋了 因为杰瑞穿了蓬蓬衫 |
[21:00] | My whole life is ruined because of the puffy shirt. | 就因为这件蓬蓬衫 我的一生全毁了 |
[21:02] | It didn’t do me any good either. | 也没给我带来什么好处 |
[21:04] | That benefit was the worst show I ever did. | 那场募捐会是我做过的 最差的一次节目 |
[21:06] | Some of those heckles were really uncalled-for. | 被问了好多莫名其妙的问题 |
[21:09] | “Avast ye, matey”? | “打住好么 |
[21:10] | What the hell does that mean? | 朋友?” 这到底是什么意思? |
[21:12] | “Twenty degrees over the starboard side, | “20度右弦 |
[21:14] | it’s a Spanish galleon.” | 这是艘西班牙帆船” |
[21:15] | There’s no comeback for that. | 我不可能翻盘了 |
[21:18] | Well, it got me fired from the benefit committee. | 我也被基金委员会开除了 |
[21:21] | You know, all those stores canceled out on her. | 那些商店都取消了订单 |
[21:24] | She’s finished. We’re finished. | 她完了 |
[21:27] | Really? What happened? | -我们完了 -真的吗?发生什么事了? |
[21:29] | I just can’t be with someone, | 我不能和一个 |
[21:30] | whose life is in complete disarray. | 生活一团乱的人在一起 |
[21:35] | What happened to all the shirts? | 那些衬衫呢? |
[21:37] | They gave them to Goodwill. | 他们给了善念机构 |
[21:39] | GEORGE: Puffy shirt, puffy shirt! | 蓬蓬衫 |
[21:47] | Can you spare a little change, for an old buccaneer? | 能不能赏点钱给我这个老海盗? |
[21:53] | You know, it’s really not a bad-looking shirt. | 老实说 这衬衫也没那么难看 |
[21:55] | [♪♪♪] | |
[22:05] | Why do we always have to say “excuse me,” | 为什么… 我们总是在 听不到别人说什么时 |
[22:10] | when we can’t hear what someone is saying? | 说“不好意思”? |
[22:12] | Why are we so guilty? | 为什么我们要这么内疚 要说“不好意思 |
[22:14] | “Excuse me. Pardon me. I’m sorry.” | 原谅我 对不起” |
[22:17] | Why can’t just once, I go, | 为什么我们就不能说一句 |
[22:19] | “Nope. Not loud enough”? | “不行 你说话的声音不够大”? |
[22:21] | Why can’t I do that? | 为什么不能这么做? |
[22:23] | [♪♪♪] | |
[22:25] | Just once I would like to have the guts, | 所以仅此一次 |
[22:28] | you know, to make that judgment. | 我想鼓起勇气说 |
[22:30] | Someone mumbles something and you go, | 当有人喃喃而语的时候 |
[22:32] | “Your fault.” | 我们要做出这样的决断 你要说“是你的问题” |
[22:33] | “I’m not sorry because it’s your fault.” | “我不会不好意思 因为这是你的问题” |