时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | At a hospital, the treatment is to lie in a bed. | 在医院里 你唯一可做的就是 躺在床上 |
[00:05] | Whatever’s wrong with a human being, lie down. | 不论有什么毛病 躺下! |
[00:07] | Doctor never says, “Well, your condition isn’T as bad as we thought. | 医生从不说:你的情况比想象中好 |
[00:11] | We want you to kind of lean against a doorjamb for seven to 10 days. | 我们想要你靠着门框站十天 |
[00:14] | See how that feels.” | 看看情况如何 |
[00:16] | Always a bed. Unless you go to the emergency room… | 永远是床 除非你进了急症室 |
[00:19] | …then it’s a chair. You’ve been shot, stabbed, run over: | 才是坐椅子 无论你中枪 被刺 或是被车碾过 |
[00:22] | “Have a seat.” | 请坐 |
[00:24] | There’s always an interesting cultural, ethnic mix to the hospital staff. | 医院人员身上体现了 各个文化和种族的奇妙融合 |
[00:29] | It’s like a local news team in there. | 仿佛有队新闻记者驻扎在此 |
[00:31] | The doctor’s the anchorman. He’s got white hair, he’s in charge. | 白头医生是主播 这里他说了算 |
[00:34] | The nurse is the feature reporter, you know. | 护士是前线记者 |
[00:36] | You listen to her, but it’s always, “And now, back to your doctor.” | 你听记者报道 但她老说:现在交给主播 |
[00:40] | The orderlies come in with food and bedpans. | 护工带着食物和便盆进来 |
[00:42] | That’s like your sports and weather. | 那好比体育新闻和天气预报 “割礼” |
[00:50] | Then the baby’s head comes out, and I’m screaming. | BB的头出来了 我喊出声来 |
[00:53] | My brother, who’s videotaping, turns green. | 我兄弟正在录像 脸色发青 |
[00:55] | His eyes roll up in his head, and he blacks out. | 眼一翻 晕过去 |
[00:57] | He drops the camera, the camera breaks. | 摄影机脱手 然后摔坏了 |
[00:59] | And then the placenta comes flying out. | 然后胎盘突然冲了出来 |
[01:04] | – And then a doctor says… – Hey, thanks. That’s enough. | – 接着医生说 – 谢了 就此打住 |
[01:08] | Will you look at that kid. Sucking away like there’s no tomorrow. | 瞧瞧这孩子 一个劲地吸 仿佛明天没得吃 |
[01:12] | Suck, suck, suck. | 吸呀吸 |
[01:15] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[01:17] | – Look at that, Jerry, look at that. – Yeah, I looked. I saw it. | – Jerry快瞧 – 我看到了 |
[01:21] | – Does this make you uncomfortable? – No, no. | – 这让你不舒服么? – 不是 |
[01:24] | Uncomfortable? Not at all. | 不舒服? 怎么会呢 |
[01:26] | My friend’s wife’s breasts are out. Why would I be uncomfortable? | 朋友老婆奶子露出来 我会不舒服? |
[01:29] | Look at him. | 看这小乖乖 |
[01:31] | – So how long do they do this? – Year or two. | – 他们要喝多久的奶? – 一两年吧 |
[01:33] | No break? | 全年无休? |
[01:36] | – After that comes the weaning. – After sucking comes weaning? | – 接着就断奶了 – 吃完就断? |
[01:39] | – First sucking, then weaning. – You gotta wean. | – 先吃后断 – 总得断奶 |
[01:41] | – Gotta wean. – Must wean. | – 不得不断奶 – 必须断奶 |
[01:48] | – What about that spot I got, huh? – Yeah. I saw the spot. | 我找的那个停车位咋样? |
[01:51] | You open the door to the car… | 打开车门 |
[01:53] | …you walk right into the hospital. You can’T beat that spot. | 向前直走就进了医院 我的停车位所向睥睨 |
[01:57] | I am on a roll. Yeah. | 我真是好运连连 |
[02:00] | I’m just willing these great parking spots. | 我爱死这些超棒的停车位了 |
[02:02] | George. | |
[02:05] | Maybe the baby would like to see the spot. | 或许BB想看看那个停车位 |
[02:08] | A positive, uplifting message to start his life out with, huh? | 借此乐观积极的信息来 展开美好人生 不错吧? |
[02:11] | You can still get a great spot in this city if you apply yourself. | 只要肯用心 在这个城市你还是 能找到个称心的停车位 |
[02:16] | Where’s Kramer? Shouldn’T he be here? | Kramer小子跑哪了? 他不是该呆在这吗? |
[02:17] | – | – Did you give him the room number? – Yeah, 1397. |
[02:20] | 1937. | 你有告诉他房号吗? – |
[02:24] | 1937, 1937. | 说了 1397 |
[02:26] | Excuse me. Do you know where the elevator is? | 你好 请问电梯在哪? |
[02:28] | Yeah, it’s right around the corner there. 1937. | 就在拐角那边 1937 |
[02:43] | Oh, God! | 噢 上帝! |
[02:46] | It’s a pig-man. | 有个猪人 |
[02:49] | A pig-man! | 一个猪人! |
[02:52] | So anyway, Jerry, Elaine, we have something we wanna ask you. | 是这样的 Jerry Elaine 我们有件事想拜托你们 |
[02:56] | You gotta look. I pulled it in perfectly equidistant… | 你们该好好瞧瞧 我就停在 |
[02:58] | …from the car in front and behind. – Would you shut up, George? | – 后面的车和后面的车正中间 – 闭嘴行吗 George? |
[03:02] | I’m taking a cab home. I can’T take this anymore. | 我打车回家 我再也受不了了 |
[03:05] | You were saying, Stan. I’m sorry about this. | 我很抱歉 Stan你继续说 |
[03:07] | Myra and I would like you and Elaine… | Myra和我想让你和Elaine |
[03:09] | …to be the godparents of Steven. | 做Steven的教父母 |
[03:13] | – Me? A godfather? – Yes. | – 我 做教父? – 是呀 |
[03:16] | Never go against the family, Elaine. | “Elaine 决不能背叛家族”(《教父》台词) |
[03:20] | What? | 什么 |
[03:22] | Hey, I just saw a pig-man. A pig-man. | 我刚见到个猪人 |
[03:25] | He was sleeping, and then he woke up and he looked at me… | 他在睡觉 然后醒来望着我 |
[03:28] | …and he made this horrible sound, this: | 发出这种怪叫 像这样: |
[03:35] | Kramer, what are you talking about? | Kramer 你在说什么呢? |
[03:37] | I’m talking about a pig-man. I walked in the wrong room, and there he was. | 一个猪人 我走错房间 他就躺在那 |
[03:40] | – A pig-man? – A pig-man. Half pig, half man. | – 一个猪人? – 对 半猪半人 |
[03:44] | That’s great, Kramer. | 好发现 Kramer |
[03:46] | Anyway, tell us what’s involved in being a godparent. | 那么 跟我们说说教父母要做些什么 |
[03:49] | Elaine, never ask me about my business. | “绝不要问我生意上的事 Elaine” (《教父》台词) |
[03:53] | Godfather? | 教父? |
[03:56] | The most important thing is you help with the bris. | 首当其冲的就是行割礼 |
[03:58] | – The bris? – A bris? | – 割礼? – 割礼? |
[04:00] | – You mean, circumcision? – Yeah. | – 你指割包皮? – 对 |
[04:03] | I would advise against that. | 我反对 |
[04:07] | Kramer, it’s a tradition. | Kramer 这是传统呀 |
[04:08] | So was sacrificing virgins to appease the gods… | 那给神灵献祭处女呢 |
[04:12] | …but we don’T do that anymore. – Well, maybe we should. | – 我们现在也不献了啊 – 也许我们该献 |
[04:16] | Hey… | 嘿 |
[04:18] | …why are all those people milling around my car? | 这些人围着我的车乱转干嘛? |
[04:21] | – I don’T know. – Maybe they’re admiring your spot. | – 我不知道 – 也许他们在垂涎你的停车位呢 |
[04:24] | – They’re looking up. – Hey, there’s a guy up on the roof. | – 他们都在向上看 – 嘿 有个人站在天台 |
[04:29] | That’s the guy I told where the elevator was. | 那家伙刚才还问我电梯在哪呢 |
[04:33] | Oh, God, I hope he doesn’T jump… Oh, my God! | 上帝保佑他甭跳 |
[04:39] | My car! | 噢 上帝 |
[04:41] | My car! | 我的车! |
[04:47] | A mohel? What the hell is a mohel? | 施礼人? 施礼人是干嘛的? |
[04:51] | A mohel is the person that performs a circumcision. | 就是割包皮的人咯 |
[04:54] | Well, where am I gonna find a mohel? | 我上哪找这种人 |
[04:56] | Motels, models… | 汽车旅馆 模特公司… |
[04:59] | How do you find a mohel? | 咋找 |
[05:02] | Finding a mohel’s easy. Any idiot can find a mohel. | 有什么难的 随便一个傻子都能找到 |
[05:05] | I have to hold the baby while they do it. | 割的时候我得按着BB |
[05:08] | That’s a tough job. How would you like that? | 那才是苦活儿 你想干这活么? |
[05:11] | Hey, Jerry, you ever seen one? | Jerry你见过没割包皮的人吗? |
[05:13] | – Oh, you mean, that wasn’T? – Yeah. | – 你指没割包皮的小鸡鸡? – 对 |
[05:16] | – No, you? – Yeah. | – 我没 你见过? – 对 |
[05:20] | What’d you think? | 你觉得咋样 |
[05:24] | It had no face, no personality. | 头没露出来 没个性 |
[05:31] | It was like a Martian. | 像个火星人 |
[05:35] | – But, hey, you know, that’s me. – Hey. | 但是 没办法 谁让我那么霉呢 |
[05:38] | Well, I got the estimate. | 我拿到估价了 |
[05:40] | It’ll cost more to repair the roof than the car is worth. | 修车顶比当初买车还贵 |
[05:43] | I’m going over and seeing that hospital administrator today. | 今天我要过去找那家医院院长 |
[05:45] | Someone is gonna pay for this, and it’s not gonna be me! | 得有人赔这笔钱 那个人不可能是我! |
[05:48] | – Oh, you’re screwed. – I know. | – 噢 你脑子烧糊涂了 – 我想也是 |
[05:53] | Swan dives from 20 floors up, lands right on top. | 从20层楼高的地方燕式跳水 直落车顶 |
[05:56] | What, do I got a bull’s -eye up there? | 我车上画了靶子吗? |
[05:59] | He couldn’T move over two feet, huh? | 他咋不往旁挪两步呢? |
[06:02] | Land on the sidewalk, it’s city property. | 掉到人行道上 那是公共财产 |
[06:06] | Well, I have to interview a mohel. | 我得去找施礼人了 |
[06:09] | How about our little Elaine, huh? | 我们的小Elaine该怎么办呢 |
[06:11] | Attended the finest schools on the eastern seaboard… | 上东海岸最好的学校 |
[06:14] | …equestrian competitions, debutante balls. Look at her now. | 整天马术比赛 社交舞会 看如今 |
[06:18] | Interviewing mohels. | 却要找施礼人 |
[06:21] | Yeah! | |
[06:25] | – What’s the matter? – You all right? | – 你咋了? – 你还好吧? |
[06:27] | Don’T ever question my instincts, because my instincts are honed. | 不要怀疑我的直觉 因为我的直觉历经千锤百炼 |
[06:31] | – Look at that. Look, look. – What now? | – 看看 快看看 – 又怎么了? |
[06:33] | “Hospital receives grant to conduct DNA research. | 医院获许开展DNA研究 |
[06:36] | Government funds genetic research at area hospital.” Yeah, so? | 政府资助地方医院开展遗传学研究 那又怎样? |
[06:40] | Pig-man, baby, pig-man. | 猪人 伙计 就是猪人啊 |
[06:43] | If I have to hear about this pig-man one more time… | 如果让我再听到“猪人”两字 |
[06:47] | Hey, I’m telling you, the pig-man is alive. | 跟你们说了 确实有猪人存在 |
[06:49] | The government’s been experimenting with pig-men since the ’50s. | 自50年代起 政府就已开展猪人试验 |
[06:53] | Just because the hospital’s conducting DNA research… | 仅仅医院开展基因研究 |
[06:55] | …doesn’T mean they’re creating mutant pig-men. | 并不代表在造猪人呐 |
[06:58] | Jerry, will you wake up to reality? It’s a military thing. | Jerry 头脑放清醒点 这是军事武器 |
[07:02] | They’re probably creating a whole army of pig warriors. | 他们可能要造一支猪兵军团 |
[07:09] | I’ll tell you something. I wish there were pig-men. | 说真的 我还挺希望有猪人这回事 |
[07:12] | Get a few pig-men walking around, suddenly I’m looking a lot better. | 如果他们在大街上晃荡 那我转眼就成帅哥了 |
[07:17] | If someone wanted to fix me up, they could say, “At least he’s no pig-man.” | 如果有人想撮合我 他们会说:至少他不是猪人 |
[07:21] | Believe me, there’d be plenty of women going for these pig-men. | 相信我 喜欢猪人的女孩大有人在 |
[07:24] | Whatever the deformity, there’s always some group attracted to it. | 他们掉相却总有人喜欢 |
[07:28] | “That little tail really turns me on.” | “我真爱那条小”尾巴”” |
[07:31] | That’s just about enough. | 你们闹够了 |
[07:33] | – This doesn’T interest you? – Oh, no, it’s fascinating… | – 你不觉得有趣吗? – 噢 不 有趣极了 |
[07:36] | …but could you do me a favor? | 但帮个忙行不 |
[07:38] | Could you tape… | 找个录音机 |
[07:39] | …the rest of the ” pig-men and the women who love them” discussion? | 录下接下来的“猪人与爱猪人的女人”的讨论 |
[07:42] | And I’ll listen to it the next time I’m here. | 等我下次来的时候放来听 |
[07:45] | I gotta go find a mohel. | 我去找施礼人了 |
[07:47] | You know, you should call that off, Elaine. It’s a barbaric ritual. | Elaine 你该放弃这事 那是原始仪式 |
[07:52] | Perhaps one day when the pig-men roam free, it will be stopped, Kramer. | 也许等到猪人满街跑那天 仪式就不复存在了 Kramer |
[07:57] | Until then, off with their heads. | 在此之前 露出它们的头来 |
[08:03] | – Kramer, isn’T it a question of hygiene? – It’s a myth. | – Kramer 这不是图个卫生保健么? – 胡扯 |
[08:07] | Besides, it makes sex more pleasurable. | 另外 不割的话做爱更有快感 |
[08:09] | Yeah. So how does that help me? | 你现在说有什么用? |
[08:12] | – George, you ever see one? – Yeah, my roommate in college. | – George 你见过没? – 见过呀 我大学同学就是 |
[08:15] | Yeah, what’d you think? | 觉得怎样 |
[08:17] | I got used to it. | 我习惯了 |
[08:21] | All right, I wanna see the pig-man. Show me the pig-man. | 好吧 我想见见猪人 带我去看猪人 |
[08:24] | Don’T worry, I’ll show you. And you’ll never be the same. | 甭急 我会让你见到的 到时你就被颠覆了 |
[08:27] | Maybe he’s just a guy with a nose like this: | 或许他只是鼻子长成这样: |
[08:29] | A lot of people have a nose like this. They’re not necessarily pig-men. | 很多人长这样的鼻子 那不一定就是猪人 |
[08:33] | Believe me, Jerry, somewhere in this hospital… | 信我 Jerry 在这医院的某处 |
[08:35] | …the anguished oink of pig-man cries out for help. | 痛苦嚎叫的猪人正在嘶泣求救 |
[08:38] | Yeah, well, if I hear an anguished oink, I’m out of here. | 是么 如果我听到任何痛苦的杀猪声 我早就跑出去了 |
[08:41] | I don’T see any pig-men. | 没见呀 |
[08:43] | I see human, human, human. | 我见到 人 人 人 |
[08:47] | – Wait a second. – What? | – 等等 – 啥? |
[08:48] | Oh, it’s George. | 哦 是George |
[08:51] | The administrator’s on the third floor. I’ll meet you at the car. | 院长办公室在三楼 待会车上见 |
[08:54] | Wait, George. You got room in the car for the pig-man, huh? | George 车里有位置留给猪人么 |
[08:58] | The pig-man can take the bus. | 猪人可以坐公交啊 |
[09:00] | George, if the pig-man had a car, he would give you a ride. | 如果猪人有车 他也会载你一程的 |
[09:04] | How do you know? What if the pig-man had a two-seater? | 你怎么知道? 兴许猪人有敞篷开呢 |
[09:08] | Be realistic, George. | 别傻了George |
[09:12] | I’ll tell you what, if pig-man shows up, we’ll squeeze him in. | 好吧 如果真有猪人 我把他塞进车里 |
[09:17] | – I’ll see you later. – Yeah. | – 待会见 – 好 |
[09:19] | – Mr. Costanza, come in, come in. – Thank you. | 请进 Costanza先生 |
[09:22] | It’s been a very trying couple of days around the hospital. | 这几天全医院一片阴霾 |
[09:26] | Doctors, patients, everyone… | 医生 病人 所有人 |
[09:28] | …just grief-stricken over this unfortunate occurrence. | 都为这遭惨剧而感到悲伤 |
[09:32] | Well, I join them in their grief. | 我的悲伤同他们没有两样 |
[09:34] | Horrible thing. Flew right past the children’s wing. | 太可怕了 竟然飞过儿科室 |
[09:39] | All the sick children in the playroom, looking out the window… | 生病的孩子们在娱乐室内 吃吃地看着窗外 |
[09:43] | …just traumatized by the incident. | 受到了巨大的精神创伤 |
[09:46] | Apparently they thought he was flying. You know how children are. | 很显然 他们以为他在飞 |
[09:50] | “Oh, look, a man is flying. A man is flying!” | “看呐 有个人在天上飞 有个人在天上飞” |
[09:53] | And then splat. | 然后“pia”一声 |
[09:56] | That’s where I come in. | 我正是为此而来 |
[09:58] | On “splat.” | 为了“pia” |
[10:01] | You see, Mrs. Sweedler… Or is it Hospital Administrator Sweedler? | Sweedler女士 Sweedler院长 |
[10:05] | – Mrs. Sweedler is fine. – Mrs. Sweedler. Thank you very much. | – 叫我Sweedler女士就行 – Sweedler女士 万分感谢 |
[10:08] | You see, this tragedy has affected me in a very… | 这出悲剧对我个人 |
[10:14] | A very personal way. | 造成了很大的影响… |
[10:15] | – How is that? – Yes, well, you see… | – 怎讲? – 是这样的 |
[10:19] | …the deceased… | 死者 |
[10:21] | …landed on my car. | 落到我车上 |
[10:23] | The splat, as it were, actually occurred on the roof of my car. | 那“pia”的一声正好响在我车顶上 |
[10:29] | Now, of course, I can’T help but feel that… | 当然了 这让我情不自禁地想到 |
[10:33] | …had it been a convertible, this whole tragedy might have been averted. | 要是这是辆敞篷 这场悲剧完全可避免 |
[10:37] | But I’ve never really been the kind of guy to buy a convertible… | 可我不是买敞篷那种人 |
[10:40] | …what with the baldness and everything. | 跟秃头有关嘛 |
[10:44] | Well, I have known bald men who owned convertibles. | 我认识好多地中海都开敞篷 |
[10:48] | They wore a hat. | 他们戴帽子 |
[10:50] | Yes, but then everything’s all pulled down, and it’s… Anyway. | 但那样干啥都得下拉帽子 那样很…总之 |
[10:54] | The damage, unfortunately… | 这次损害 |
[10:58] | …has marred an otherwise fine automobile… | 令一辆原本好好的汽车 |
[11:01] | …rendering it virtually undrivable. | 不能跑了 |
[11:04] | Yes, well, that is a shame. | 是啊 真可惜 |
[11:06] | Yes. A shame. That is exactly how I would put it. | 是的 太可惜了 这正是我想说的 |
[11:10] | Now, Mrs. Sweedler, with all due discretion and sensitivity… | 现在 Sweedler女士 出于应有的慎重和敏锐 |
[11:15] | …and taking in the whole scope of the situation… | 环顾大局 |
[11:18] | …I just can’T help but think… | 我忍不住觉得 |
[11:21] | …that the hospital is somehow responsible for compensating… | 从某种意义上 来说 医院是否对于 这起滔天惨剧中另外一个活着的受害者 |
[11:25] | …the other still-living victim of this horrendous, horrendous tragedy. | 负有一定的赔偿义务呢 |
[11:32] | – Mr. Costanza. – Yes. | – Costanza先生 – 是 |
[11:34] | A man plummeted tragically to his ultimate demise… | 一个男人不幸从高楼坠落致死 |
[11:38] | – Yes. …and you greedily, callously… | 而你却贪心地 冷血地 |
[11:41] | …want to profit from it? | 要从中牟利 |
[11:44] | Well, profit… | 牟利 是吗? |
[11:46] | I think you’ll see from the estimate that I’m not really profiting that much. | 我想等您看了我的估价单 就晓得我有没有在牟利了 |
[11:52] | It might be a little high, but… | 也许价钱是高了点 但是… |
[11:54] | Get out. Get out now. Get out of my office! | 出去 滚出我办公室 |
[12:00] | – Should I just leave…? – Get out! | – 要不我把单据留下? – 滚! |
[12:04] | This is it. | 就是这里 |
[12:15] | Wait, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:17] | What happened to the guy that was in there before? | 之前住这的那家伙哪去了? |
[12:19] | – I don’T know what you’re talking… – No, you know. He had this: | – 我不知道你指的是谁 – 不 你知道的 他有这个 |
[12:24] | – He was… – No. | – 他是… – 不是 – 他是… – 不是 |
[12:26] | This doesn’T look familiar to you? | 不觉得眼熟? 不觉得眼熟? |
[12:28] | – Sir… – Look, I know what’s going on. | – 先生… – 听着 我知道内幕 |
[12:32] | The oink, oink. | 猪叫 猪叫 |
[12:35] | Yes, if you’ll excuse me, I have some patients… | 好的 如果你不介意的话 我还有病人要看 |
[12:37] | Listen, you little quack. | 听着 你个庸医 |
[12:39] | There was a half man, half pig in that room over there. Now, where is he? | 之前有个猪人在那个房间里 他现在在哪? |
[12:42] | – Where is he?! – Half what? | – 在哪? – 半什么? |
[12:44] | You know what I mean! Pork. Sausage. | 你知道我指的什么 猪肉 火腿 |
[12:47] | “That’s all, folks.” | 诸如此类 |
[12:50] | I think he’s been released. | 我想他出院了 |
[12:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:57] | – He’s lying! – All right, enough of this. | – 他蒙人 – 好了 闹够了 |
[13:00] | – I gotta go find George. – All right, you go ahead. | – 我去找George |
[13:03] | Kramer. | – 你先去 |
[13:11] | – Where’s the mohel? – He’ll be here. | – 施礼人呢 – 会来的 |
[13:13] | – He’s late already. – Relax. | – 他迟到了 – 别紧张 |
[13:15] | You’d think you were getting whacked. | 你以为割的是你啊 |
[13:19] | I don’T know why he asked me to be godfather. | 我不知道他为啥让我当教父 |
[13:21] | We’re not close. Because we’re on the softball team… | 我们并不熟 就只是在一起打棒球 |
[13:23] | …I’m pitcher, he’s catcher, he thinks we have a special relationship? | 我是投手 他是捕手 他就觉得和我关系很亲密? |
[13:27] | I thought pitchers and catchers had a special rapport. | 我以为投手跟捕手一般很有默契 |
[13:30] | Maybe in hardball, with all the signals, but I’m just lobbing it in. | 也许在球场上是 打各种暗号 但我只投高球 |
[13:33] | We don’T have conferences. | 我们没开会讨论过 |
[13:35] | He doesn’T come out to the mound and encourage me. | 他也没从土丘那边 跑过来给我鼓劲加油 |
[13:37] | What about me? I just watched a few games with her in the stands. | 那我呢? 我只陪她坐在观众席上 看了几场球而已 |
[13:41] | Don’T they have friends? They’re level-jumping on our friendship. | 他们难道没其他朋友了? 他们在跟我们装熟人 |
[13:45] | Yes, it is level-jumping. | 对 装熟人 |
[13:52] | So… | 那么… |
[13:54] | …you been to a bris before? | 参加过割礼么 |
[13:57] | No. | 没 |
[13:59] | I’ve been to a few of them. | 我参加过几次 |
[14:02] | If you start to get woozy later, which is quite common… | 觉得发昏也是人之常情 |
[14:06] | …stay close to me. I’ll get you through it. | 站我旁边 我会扶着你的 |
[14:09] | I’m a cardiologist. I think I’ll manage. | 我是心脏科医生 我想我能应付 |
[14:14] | We’re not talking about a manicure. | 咱说的可不是修指甲 |
[14:16] | Imagine, this is gonna be his first memory… | 想想 BB最初的记忆就是 |
[14:18] | …of his parents just standing there while some stranger… | 父母在一旁站着 亲眼看一个陌生人 |
[14:21] | …cuts off a piece of his manhood and then serves a catered lunch. | 切掉他一小块命根子 然后供应午餐 |
[14:26] | – Myra? – She’ll be okay. | – 她会没事的 |
[14:29] | – Kramer, what’s the matter with you? – Me? | – Kramer 你在干嘛 – 没干嘛 |
[14:32] | – Oh, that’s the mohel. – He’s here. | – 噢 |
[14:35] | It’s about time. | 施礼人到了 – 他来了 |
[14:36] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 你好 |
[14:38] | – Hello, I’m the mohel. – Oh, hello. | 大家好 我是施礼人 |
[14:40] | It’s very nice to meet you all. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[14:42] | What was that? Jeez, it scared the hell out of me! | 那是什么声音 天呐 吓死我了 |
[14:44] | I mean, my God, I almost had a heart attack! | 差点心脏病发 |
[14:48] | Okay, I’m fine, I’m fine. Anyway… | 好了 没事了 |
[14:51] | …we’re here to perform the mitzvah of the bris. | 大家今天到这是为了参观割礼 |
[14:55] | Is the baby gonna cry like that? Is that how he cries… | 婴儿待会要哭成这样吗? |
[14:58] | …with that loud, sustained, squealing cry? That could pose a problem. | 哭得持续 响亮 刺耳? 这提出了一个问题 |
[15:02] | Do have any control over your child? | 你们有没有给他止过哭呢? |
[15:04] | This would be the time to exercise it, when baby is crying… | 现在是实践的好机会 当婴儿哭时 |
[15:07] | …in that high-pitched squealing tone that can drive you insane! | 那又高又尖的声调要让人发疯 |
[15:14] | – Did you find the place all right? – Did I find it all right? | – 来的时候你没找错地方吧? – 我有没有找错? |
[15:17] | Could you send me to a more dangerous area? | 还有比这更危险的地方吗? |
[15:19] | I’m dreading walking back to the subway… | 我担心待会坐地铁回去时 |
[15:21] | …someone shouldn’T smack me and steal my bag. | 有人冲过来往我头上一敲 抢走我的包 |
[15:23] | Because I’ll be lying there, and people will spit on me and empty my pockets. | 因为我将躺在那 人们会往我身上吐口水 掏光我的口袋 |
[15:27] | I’ll be lying in the gutter like a bum, a dog, a mutt, a mongrel, an animal! | 我会躺在阴沟里 像个流浪汉 皮狗 流浪狗 杂种狗 像个畜生! |
[15:32] | God forbid anybody should help me or call an ambulance. | 没人会救我或是叫救护车 |
[15:34] | That’s too much trouble, to pick up a phone and press a few buttons. | 他们嫌那样太麻烦 拿起电话还要按一长串的数字键 |
[15:38] | What’s the point? | 说这些顶啥用呢? |
[15:41] | Oh, yeah. | 是呀 |
[15:44] | Darling, you see where that glass is? | 亲爱的 你看玻璃杯放在哪呢? |
[15:46] | See how the glass is near the edge? | 看看放得多悬? |
[15:48] | You’ve got the whole table to put the glass. | 整张桌子都可以放 |
[15:50] | Why you chose the absolute edge so half the glass is hanging off the table. | 你为啥非要放到边上 一半悬空 |
[15:55] | You breathe, and it falls over. Then you’ve got broken glass on the carpet. | 你呼口气 它就要掉下 地毯上满是碎片 |
[15:58] | Embedded in the carpet fibers, deep in the shag, broken glass. | 玻璃碎片深深地嵌进纤维 |
[16:03] | Bits of broken glass you can never get up. | 有些碎片你永远清理不掉 |
[16:05] | Can’T get it up with a vacuum. | 吸尘器也吸不干净 |
[16:07] | Even on your knees with a magnifying glass… | 甚至拿放大镜跪在地上找 |
[16:09] | …you’ll never get all the pieces. You think you got it. | 你也不能找出全部 你以为整干净了 |
[16:12] | Two years later, you’re barefoot… | 两年后 当你赤脚走在地毯上 |
[16:14] | …you step on broken glass and kill yourself! | 一下踩在碎玻璃上 然后疼得要死! |
[16:16] | Is that what you want? I don’T think that’s what you want. Do you? | 你想要这效果 我不这么认为 你真想这样吗? |
[16:25] | He’s very highly recommended, so… | 他极受推崇 所以… |
[16:28] | You’re holding the baby? | 由你按着BB? |
[16:30] | – No, no. – Hello. Who’s holding the baby? | – 不是我 – 谁来按住BB? |
[16:32] | – Who’s holding the baby?! – Jerry is. Jerry, do you wanna? | – 谁来按着BB? – Jerry 你想不想…? |
[16:35] | Yeah. I’m holding the baby. | 是呀 我来按住BB |
[16:37] | – Okay, go. – I’m going. All right, I am. I’m going. | – 很好 去呗 – 我去 我去 |
[16:40] | – Don’T push me. – Okay, you sit there. | – 别推我 – 好 坐这儿 |
[16:42] | Now I need the baby. Bring me the baby. | 现在把BB给我 把BB抱过来 |
[16:44] | I need the baby! | 快把BB给我! |
[16:47] | – No, I’m not gonna let them. – What are you doing? Come back! | – 我不会让他们这么对你的 – 干嘛呢 快回来! |
[16:53] | People, people. Compose yourself. This is a bris! | 各位请自重 这是割礼 |
[16:57] | We’re performing a bris here, not a burlesque show. | 我们在行割礼 不是玩杂耍 |
[17:00] | This is not a school play. This is not a baggy-pants farce. This is a bris! | 不是学校排戏 也不是演滑稽戏 这是割礼! |
[17:05] | A sacred, ancient ceremony… | 一项古老神圣的仪式 |
[17:07] | …symbolizing the covenant between God and Abraham. | 象征主和阿伯拉罕立约 |
[17:10] | Or something. | 或是其他什么 |
[17:13] | No, don’T touch anything. Don’T touch a thing. | 别动 什么都不要碰 |
[17:16] | I could have been a kosher butcher like my brother. | 我本可以像我兄弟那样 成为一个犹太籍屠夫 |
[17:19] | The money’s good. It’s got a union with benefits. | 钱赚的很多 他们有工会 福利很好 |
[17:23] | And cows don’T have families. | 况且小牛又没有父母 |
[17:25] | You make a mistake with a cow, you move on with your life. | 一刀割错 你的生活还能继续风平浪静 |
[17:29] | Anyway. | 好了 |
[17:37] | – Hurry up, George. Step on it! – All right, all right. | – 快点 George 踩油门! – 好的 好的 |
[17:40] | That damn mohel! He circumcised my finger. | 那个死施礼人 切我手指 |
[17:43] | – The mohel circumcised my finger. – You flinched. | – 他切我手指了 – 你自己抖了一下 |
[17:46] | Flinched? I did not flinch. George, did I flinch? | 我没抖 George你说我抖了没? |
[17:49] | Oh, how would he know? He blacked out. He fainted. | 他怎么知道 他都晕过去了 |
[17:52] | It was very traumatic. | 太恐怖了 |
[17:54] | Last thing I remember was you flinching. Then everything went black. | 我记得的最后一件事就是你在发抖 然后眼前一黑 |
[17:57] | Who’s got tissues? I need more tissues. | 谁还有纸巾 我还要纸巾 |
[17:59] | Look at this thing. It’s my phone finger! | 看看 那可是我的指套啊 |
[18:02] | – Careful. You’re getting blood all over. – What about the baby? | – 当心 你弄得到处是血 – BB咋样了 |
[18:05] | The baby’s fine. They took him to the hospital as a precaution. | BB没事 为了小心起见 他们把他送到了医院 |
[18:08] | But look at me. I’m the one who’s hurt! | 看看我 我才是受伤的人! |
[18:10] | Will you stop it? You’re just gonna need a few stitches. | 能不能消停会? 你只需要缝几针就好 |
[18:12] | A few stitches? I’ve never had stitches. | 缝几针? 我从未缝过针 |
[18:15] | I’ll be deformed. I can’T live with that. | 我要残废了 那样我可接受不了 |
[18:17] | Goes against my personality. It’s not me. | 那与我的个性不符 那不是我! |
[18:19] | Hey, look at that. Boy, are you lucky! | 嘿 瞧瞧 你们走运了 |
[18:23] | Another great spot in front of the hospital. | 医院门前另一处绝佳的停车位 |
[18:25] | In an emergency yet! How lucky are you, huh? | 还是在这紧要关头 你多幸运啊 对吧? |
[18:28] | Is that unbelievable? How unbelievable is that, huh? | 是不是教人不敢置信? 这多教人不敢置信啊 哈? |
[18:32] | Come on, give it to me. Give it to me. | 快点 和我击掌 和我击掌 |
[18:36] | – I’ve never seen a mohel like that. – That was a one-in-a-million mohel. | – 从未见过这样的施礼人 – 那是”最好”的施礼人 |
[18:39] | – I said I’m sorry. – Look at this. | – 我都说对不起了 – 你瞧瞧 |
[18:41] | – You’ll be okay. I’ll see you later, huh? – Where is he going? | – 没事的 待会见 – 他去哪? |
[18:46] | I’m gonna look for a bathroom. | 我去下厕所 |
[18:50] | Well, if it isn’T Shaky the Mohel. | 巧了 这不是抖抖施礼人吗? |
[18:53] | Nice circumcision, but it’s not supposed to be a finger. | 好一个割礼 可惜割的是我手指 |
[18:56] | Circumcision was perfect. That was your fault. You flinched! | 我割得很成功 都是你的错 你怵了 |
[18:59] | Oh, who made you a mohel? You get your degree from a matchbook? | 谁批准你当施礼人的? 你从哪个滥学校拿的执照? |
[19:01] | You see? He flinched again. | 看到没 他又怵了 |
[19:04] | Nice. You picked a hell of a mohel! | 看你请的好施礼人! |
[19:06] | One more peep, and I’ll slice you like a smoked sturgeon. | 再唠叨把你切成烟熏鲟鱼 |
[19:08] | – Oh, don’T threaten me, butcher boy. – Butcher boy? | – 甭唬我 你这个杀猪的 – 杀猪的? |
[19:11] | Yeah, what was this? | 是啊 这是什么姿势? |
[19:13] | What was this? What was this, huh? | 那这又是什么? 这又是什么? |
[19:15] | Careful, Jerry, the mohel’s got a knife! | Jerry小心 他有刀 |
[19:18] | Hey, what’s going on out here? | 嘿 你们怎么回事? |
[19:20] | You should be ashamed of yourself, both of you. | 你俩真是丢尽脸了 |
[19:22] | – Blood. – Oh, how’s the baby? | – 血 – BB咋样了? |
[19:25] | – There’s nothing wrong with the baby. – The circumcision went fine. | – 孩子没事 – 割得很成功 |
[19:28] | Thank God the flincher didn’T harm the baby. | 谢天谢地 还好怵哥没伤到BB |
[19:32] | I’ll get you for this. This is my business, my life! | 这事我会找你算账的 这是我的事业和生命! |
[19:34] | No one ruins it for me, no one! | 没人能破坏! 没人! |
[19:37] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[19:38] | Get out of my way! | 快让开! |
[19:53] | I can’T do it. | 我开不了 |
[19:55] | Look what they did to my boy. They massacred my boy. | 看他们对我的孩儿做了什么 他们屠杀了我的孩儿 |
[19:59] | You really do the worst Godfather I’ve ever heard. You’re not even close. | 你演的这个教父是我听过最烂的 压根不像 |
[20:06] | Oh, that’s the flicks. | 噢 流动电影院来了 |
[20:08] | It’s a ’76 Chevy lmpala. | 一辆76年雪佛兰羚羊 |
[20:10] | They stole it right in front of the hospital. | 就在医院门前被偷了 |
[20:14] | I saw the guy drive off in it. | 我亲眼看见一个男人开走了 |
[20:16] | Well, he’s about 5 feet tall… | 大约5尺高 |
[20:20] | …hairless… | 秃头 |
[20:22] | …pink complexion. | 面色红润 |
[20:25] | Looks like a pig. | 长得像头猪 |
[20:27] | Yeah, all right, thank you. Thank you. | 嗯 |
[20:30] | Yeah. | 好的 谢谢您 |
[20:32] | So any word from the pig-man? | 有猪人的消息么? |
[20:36] | – No. | – No. – 没有? – 没有 |
[20:38] | And he’s not a pig-man, is he? | 他并不是个猪人 对吧? |
[20:41] | No, he’s not. He’s just a fat little mental patient. | 嗯 |
[20:47] | Myra. Stan. | 他不是 只是个矮墩神经病 |
[20:49] | – Don’T touch him. – What’s the matter? | – 别碰他 – 怎么回事? |
[20:51] | You’re out, Jerry. Out as godfather. You too, Elaine. You’re both out. | Jerry 你出局了 教父没你的份 Elaine 你也一样 你俩都出局了 |
[20:54] | – But I didn’T do any… – No buts. We’ve made up our minds. | – 但我没做错什么 – 没什么但是 我们已经下决定了 |
[20:58] | We want Kramer. He showed us how much he cares about Steven. | 我们要Kramer来当 他才真正关心Steven |
[21:05] | Don’T ever go against the family, Jerry. | “Jerry 决不要背叛家族” |
[21:14] | Godfather. | 教父 |
[21:16] | – Godfather. – Yes. | – 教父 – 是 |
[21:34] | To me, what’s really amazing, that for every job that there is in the world… | 对我而言 教我惊讶的是世界上 |
[21:37] | …there’s someone willing to do it. | 任何一份工作都有人愿意干 |
[21:39] | Someone goes, “I will stand in the tunnel breathing exhaust… | 有人说 “我愿意站在隧道内 呼吸着废气 |
[21:42] | …watching the cars go by, making sure everything’s okay.” | 看着车来车往 确保一切就绪” |
[21:45] | Someone goes, “I will work behind the elephant with the big shovel.” | 有人说 “我愿意跟在大象后面铲大粪” |
[21:50] | Doctors go, “Yes, I will confine myself… | 医生们说:我愿意强迫我自己 |
[21:52] | …to one particularly objectionable part of the human body… | 每天对着人体那尤其令人反感的一部分 |
[21:55] | …all day, every day. I will do it.” | 日日 月月 年年 我都愿意 |
[22:00] | I think people that are unemployed are not really unable to find work… | 我想人们失业不是因为没人雇 |
[22:04] | …they’re just easily disgusted. | 只是他们太容易恶心 |
[22:06] | “Yes, I’m starving, and my family has no clothing or shelter… | 是啊 我饿 头顶没瓦 衣不蔽体 |
[22:10] | …but I’m not cleaning that up.” | 可我就不干那恶心活 |