时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Human fascination with water is amazing. | 人们对水的强烈爱好是令人惊讶的 |
[00:05] | We’re constantly going to beaches, pools, lakes, rivers. | 我们经常去海滩,泳池,湖泊与河流 |
[00:08] | We’re swimming, we’re snorkeling, we’re scuba-diving. | 我们游泳,我们戴呼吸管潜泳 我们戴水肺潜水 |
[00:11] | We bathe in it. Our bodies are mostly made of water. | 我们在水中洗澡 我们的身体主要是由水组成的 |
[00:14] | Everyone’s carrying around these bottles of water. | 每个人都带着一瓶瓶的水 |
[00:16] | We can’T get enough water. | 我们永远觉得水不够多 |
[00:18] | Unless it rains… | 除非下雨了… |
[00:19] | …then we’re like, “Oh, look, I’m soaked. | 那我们会说,哦,我湿透了 |
[00:23] | I am literally drenched.” | 我的确是湿透了 |
[00:26] | For some reason, we have a huge problem with small, flying water. | 不知怎么回事 我们对那些小雨滴感到很头疼 |
[00:30] | It’ll just stop us right in our tracks. | 我们会被雨困在半路上 |
[00:33] | “l felt a drop. | 我淋到了一滴雨 |
[00:36] | We’re gonna get caught in it! | 我们会被淋湿的! |
[00:39] | Everyone cover your water bottles. Run!” | 每个人保护好自己的那瓶水,跑啊! |
[00:42] | -=The Last Fantasy=- | |
[00:47] | Get off at the next exit. | 在下一个出口下高速 |
[00:48] | Kramer, I’ve driven to East Hampton many times. | 克莱默,我开车去过东汉普顿好几次了 |
[00:51] | I know the exit. | 我知道出口在哪儿 |
[00:52] | I hear it’s a great house. Pool, sun deck. | 我听说那是座大房子,有泳池,有阳台 |
[00:54] | Yeah, I’ll be there. | 我一定要去那儿 |
[00:55] | You sure we’re making the right move? | 你觉得我们这么做明智吗? |
[00:57] | We gotta see the new baby. At least we’ll get a weekend in the Hamptons. | 我们得去看那个刚出生的婴儿 至少我们能在东汉普顿过个周末 |
[01:01] | -Didn’T they just have a baby? -That was two years ago. | – 他们不是刚有了个小孩吗? – 那是两年前了 |
[01:03] | Remember? “Jerry, you gotta see the baby. | 还记得吗? “杰瑞,你得去看看那宝贝儿 |
[01:06] | You gotta see the baby.” | 你得去看看那宝贝儿” |
[01:10] | Is it possible they’re just having babies to get people to visit them? | 有没有可能他们是为了让人们 去他们那儿才生小孩的? |
[01:14] | Hey, Jerry, you ever wear silk underwear? | 嘿,杰瑞,你穿过丝绸内裤吗? |
[01:18] | -No. -Put that on the top of your list. | – 没有 – 你一定记得试试 |
[01:21] | No, not for me. A little too delightful. | 不,我不要 那样就稍微有点太讨人喜欢了 |
[01:25] | George and Jane should be almost there. | 乔治和简差不多该到了吧 |
[01:27] | lsn’T it weird that they haven’T had sex… | 觉不觉得很奇怪?他们还没做过爱 |
[01:29] | …but they’re spending a weekend together? | 但他们却一起过周末? |
[01:31] | George is pleased. It’s like she signed a letter of intent. | 乔治已经很高兴了 就像她签了意向书一样 |
[01:33] | -When’s Rachel coming out? -The 3:00 train. | – 瑞秋什么时候来? – 三点的火车 |
[01:36] | Her father is so religious. | 她爸爸太笃信宗教了 |
[01:37] | I’m amazed he’s letting you see her again… | 我真奇怪他怎么还会让你见到她 |
[01:40] | …after that Schindler’s List make-out session. | 在那次看了《辛德勒的名单》里的 做爱场景之后 |
[01:43] | I brought him some kishke. | 我给了他一点基什凯 |
[01:45] | -What’s that? -It’s a stuffed meat thing. | – 那是什么? – 一种往里面填了东西的肉类 |
[01:47] | lsraeli soldiers carry it in case they’re captured behind enemy lines. | 以色列士兵随身带着这种东西 万一他们被敌人抓了 |
[01:50] | They eat it and it kills them. | 他们就拿出来吃,然后就死了 |
[01:56] | I never tasted a cough medicine I didn’T love. | 我还从来没吃到过我不喜欢吃的咳嗽药 |
[01:59] | Me too. I love cough medicine. | 我也是,我喜欢咳嗽药 |
[02:01] | You see? We were made for each other. | 你看吧,我们是绝配 |
[02:05] | It’s amazing. If I reach out and touch her breast right now… | 这真是奇妙,如果我现在 伸手去摸她胸部… |
[02:08] | …she’d scream and throw me out of the car. | 她会尖叫着把我扔出车外 |
[02:10] | But at this time tomorrow, I could touch it all I want. | 但到了明天这时候 我想怎么摸就怎么摸了 |
[02:14] | -What’s your favorite? -Pertussin. | – 你最喜欢那种咳嗽药? – 百日咳素 |
[02:17] | -Ever try it with club soda? -No. | – 试过和苏打水一起喝吗? – 没有 |
[02:19] | Oh, very refreshing. | 哦,那是非常振奋精神的 |
[02:22] | Sex is like joining a private club. | 性就像加入一个私人俱乐部 |
[02:24] | I’ll be the same me tomorrow… | 明天,我还是我 |
[02:25] | …but suddenly the ”no trespassing” sign will be gone. | 但是突然间,那个 “禁止非法入侵”的标记就不见了 |
[02:29] | -Are we almost there? -Yeah, about 1 0, 1 5 minutes. | – 我们快到了吗? – 是的,还要大概10到15分钟 |
[02:32] | But I have to stop at a vegetable stand. | 但我得在一个蔬菜摊停一下 |
[02:34] | -What for? -My mother loves Hampton tomatoes. | – 为什么? – 我妈妈喜欢汉普顿的西红柿 |
[02:37] | She’s nuts for Hampton tomatoes. | 她是汉普顿西红柿狂人 |
[02:40] | Can you buy them later? | 你能等会儿再买吗? |
[02:42] | I really wanna get some sun. | 我真的很想晒会儿太阳 |
[02:46] | Hey, Jerry, rub some lotion on my back. | 嘿,杰瑞,给我背上涂点防晒霜 |
[02:50] | Who are you, Mrs. Robinson? | 你是谁?罗宾逊太太吗? |
[02:52] | Come on. I’ll rub some on you. | 好了好了,我也会帮你涂的 |
[02:54] | -That’s not sweetening the deal. -Oh, come on. | – 这条件一点儿也不诱人 – 哦,少来了 |
[02:57] | No. | 不行 |
[02:59] | You know, when I was a kid… | 你知道吗,当我还是个孩子的时候 |
[03:00] | …l once found $ 1 .50 in change at the bottom of a pool. | 我有一次在游泳池底 找到了1.5美元零钱 |
[03:04] | -You must have been excited. -Yeah. | – 你一定很激动吧 – 是啊 |
[03:07] | I gotta go get those tomatoes. You wanna go? | 我要去买那些西红柿了 你想一起去吗? |
[03:10] | -I don’T think so. -Okay. I’ll see you later. | – 我不想去 – 好吧,那待会儿见 |
[03:15] | -Anybody want some tomatoes? -No, thanks. | – 有人想要西红柿吗? – 不,谢谢 |
[03:18] | I’m gonna take a dip. | 我想去泡一泡 |
[03:24] | And then there’s Maude. | 啊,“穆德女王”来了 (伊莲的打扮酷似英国第一任女王) |
[03:26] | Look at my face. Look at it. | 看我的脸,快看 |
[03:28] | -Do you see any lines? -No lines. | – 你看到条纹了吗? – 没有 |
[03:31] | You know why? One word: shade. | 你知道为什么吗?一个词:遮阴 |
[03:34] | So when are we gonna see this baby? When is this momentous event? | 我们什么时候去看那婴儿啊? 这件大事什么时候来啊? |
[03:37] | He’s taking a nap or something. | 他大概在睡觉什么的吧 |
[03:39] | I’m gonna go see if there are any girls on the beach. | 我去看看沙滩上有没有女孩子 |
[03:42] | -Elaine, you wanna come? -No, thanks. | – 伊莲,你想一起来吗? – 不,算了 |
[03:44] | I got plenty of girlfriends. | 我有很多女性朋友 |
[03:50] | Well, this is interesting. | 哇哦,这可真是有趣 |
[03:52] | What? | 什么? |
[03:54] | Jane’s topless. | 简裸露上身了 |
[03:57] | Yo-Yo Ma. | 呦~呦~妈呀~ |
[04:01] | Boutros Boutros-Golly. | 布特斯~布特斯~天哪~ |
[04:07] | Nice rack. | 不错的身材 |
[04:08] | Come on, you guys. You can come and see the baby now. | 来吧,伙计们 你们能来看那小宝贝了 |
[04:12] | -Oh, in a minute, Carol. -Yeah, we’re gonna be right up. | – 哦,马上就来,凯罗尔 – 对,我们就来 |
[04:16] | This is weird, wild stuff. | 这真是够猛 |
[04:20] | George hasn’T even seen her yet. | 乔治都还没看见过她裸露上身呢 |
[04:22] | Why do you think we’re getting the sneak preview? | 你觉得她为什么会让我们先睹为快呢? |
[04:24] | Maybe she’s trying to create a buzz. | 也许她想要弄出点闲话 |
[04:28] | -What? -Get some good word of mouth going. | – 什么? – 让别人说说她好话 |
[04:33] | Oh, here she comes. | 哦,她来了 |
[04:38] | I’m thirsty. Anyone want a drink? | 我渴了,有人想要饮料吗? |
[04:46] | No, thanks. | 不,谢了 |
[04:48] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[04:59] | All right. Show’s over. I’m going to the beach. | 好了,演出结束了,我要去海滩了 |
[05:07] | Adam, Jerry and Elaine are here. | 亚当,杰瑞和伊莲来了 |
[05:11] | Where is the cute little snuggly baby? | 我们整洁可爱的小宝贝在哪儿呢? |
[05:14] | -lsn’T he gorgeous? -Oh, he’s — | – 他难道不漂亮吗? – 哦,他… |
[05:20] | Is he gorgeous. | 他多漂亮啊 |
[05:27] | Gorgeous, yes. | 漂亮…是的 |
[05:29] | So very gorgeous. | 的确…很漂亮 |
[05:31] | Michael, shut the door. You’re letting bugs in. | 迈克尔,关门 你让虫子进来了 |
[06:12] | Is it me or was that the ugliest baby you have ever seen? | 只是我这么觉得还是 你也觉得那是你看到过的最难看的婴儿? |
[06:20] | I couldn’T look. | 我不能朝他看 |
[06:21] | It was like a Pekingese. | 它简直像一条哈巴狗 |
[06:25] | Boy, a little too much chlorine in that gene pool. | 天哪,他们的基因库里 氯元素太多了点吧 |
[06:29] | The thing is, they’ll never know. No one’s ever gonna tell them. | 关键是,他们永远都不会知道 没人会告诉他们(孩子很丑) |
[06:32] | -You have to lie. -Oh, it’s a must-lie situation. | – 你必须得撒谎 – 哦,这是个必须得撒谎的情况 |
[06:35] | Yes. It’s a must-lie situation. | 对,必须得撒谎的情况 |
[06:37] | You know, I don’T think we should tell George we saw Jane topless. | 我觉得我们不应该告诉乔治 我们看到简裸露上身了 |
[06:41] | No. I don’T think so. | 对,我也这么觉得 |
[06:44] | Remind me to tell Kramer too. | 记得提醒我,也要告诉克莱默一声 |
[06:50] | Lobster. | 哦,龙虾 |
[06:57] | -Well, this ointment should do it. -How are you feeling, Adam? | – 这个软膏会很有用的 – 你感觉怎样啊,亚当 |
[07:01] | Elaine. This is our pediatrician, Ben Pfeffer. | 伊莲,这是我们的儿科医师本・费福 |
[07:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:10] | Look at him, Elaine. How gorgeous is he, I ask you? | 看看他,伊莲 他多漂亮啊 |
[07:13] | How gorgeous? | 多漂亮啊 |
[07:15] | Pretty gorgeous. | 挺漂亮的 |
[07:18] | -Elaine, do you have children? -Me? No, but I’d love to have a baby. | – 伊莲,你有孩子吗? – 我?没有,但我想有孩子 |
[07:22] | I mean, I can’T wait to have a baby. I’m just dying to have a baby. | 我是说,我等不及想要个孩子 我太想要孩子了 |
[07:26] | A beautiful woman like you should. You’re quite breathtaking. | 像你这样美丽的女士的确应该有个孩子 你简直(美得)令人窒息 |
[07:32] | Breathtaking? | 令人窒息? |
[07:34] | I’m breathtaking? | 我令人窒息? |
[07:37] | And he’s very particular. | 他很挑剔的 |
[07:39] | Ben, you’re staying over tonight, right? | 本,你今天晚上留下,对吧 |
[07:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:47] | l…. | 我… |
[07:48] | I’m gonna go pick up Rachel at the station. | 我要去车站接瑞秋 |
[07:50] | -Yeah, see you. -Okay. | – 好的,再见 – 好吧 |
[07:54] | Oh, just look at him. | 看他多漂亮啊 |
[07:56] | Yeah, he really is breathtaking. | 是啊,他的确(美得)令人窒息 |
[08:06] | The train was so crowded, I had a seat facing the wrong way. | 火车很挤,我的座位是逆向的 |
[08:09] | Oh, I like that. It’s like going back in time. | 哦,我喜欢那样 感觉就像时光倒流 |
[08:13] | -Hey, Rachel. -Hi. | – 嘿,瑞秋 – 嗨 |
[08:15] | -I’m gonna go in and get changed. -Okay. | – 我要进去换一下衣服 – 好的 |
[08:21] | What kind of a greeting was that? | 那算什么打招呼? |
[08:23] | -She’s got greeting problems. -Yeah. | – 她在打招呼方面有点问题 – 是啊 |
[08:26] | Boy, I love these Hampton tomatoes. | 天哪,我喜欢这些汉普顿西红柿 |
[08:28] | You know, you can eat them like apples. | 你能像吃苹果一样吃它们 |
[08:31] | It’s funny. The tomato never really took off as a hand fruit. | 这很有趣,西红柿从来没被 作为一种方便的水果来吃 |
[08:34] | Well, the tomato’s an anomaly. | 西红柿是个特例 |
[08:35] | So successful with the ketchup and the sauce… | 在做番茄酱、调味汁方面 使用得这么广泛 |
[08:37] | …but you can’T find a good one. | 但你找不到一个真正好吃的 |
[08:41] | Look at what I got! | 看看我弄到了什么! |
[08:46] | The K-man! | 超级克莱默! |
[08:47] | You got lobster for everybody? | 你给每个人都准备了龙虾? |
[08:49] | Yeah, and they’re fresh. Right out of the ocean! | 是啊,而且它们很新鲜 刚从海里捞上来的! |
[08:52] | This is fantastic. Man, what a weekend! | 这太棒了,伙计,多好的一个周末! |
[08:55] | Swimming, lobster for dinner. | 游泳,龙虾当晚餐 |
[08:57] | I know. It’s great. | 对,很棒 |
[08:58] | I saw Jane topless. | 我还看到简赤裸上身 |
[09:13] | You saw who what? | 你看到…谁…什么? |
[09:15] | Yeah, I saw Jane topless. Well, we all saw her. | 没错,我看到了简赤裸上身 我们都看到了 |
[09:21] | All right. | 好吧… |
[09:23] | You saw Jane topless? | 你看到简裸露上身? |
[09:26] | Well, when you went for the tomatoes, she lied out topless. | 你出去买西红柿的时候 她上身赤裸地躺着 |
[09:30] | Oh, you mean facedown on her chest. | 哦,你是说俯卧着? |
[09:33] | No. | 不是 |
[09:35] | -Faceup on her back? -Yeah. | – 仰面躺着? – 是的 |
[09:38] | -Well, why’d she do that? -Well, I guess she was hot. | – 她为什么那样做? – 我猜她太热了吧 |
[09:43] | You mean she just lay there topless? | 你是说她就赤裸上身躺在那儿? |
[09:45] | No, no. She got up, she walked around. | 不,不,她还站起来,到处溜达 |
[09:47] | Walked around? | 到处溜达? |
[09:50] | -And you looked? -Of course. | – 你们看到了? – 当然 |
[09:51] | She’s got a great body, buddy. | 她身材真不错,伙计 |
[09:53] | All right, I’m gonna go upstairs. I’ll be right back. | 好了,我要上楼去了,我马上就回来 |
[09:56] | I can’T believe that you saw her before me! | 我不敢相信你们比我先看到她(裸露上身) |
[10:00] | Think of me as a doctor. | 把我想成是个医生 (医生有时候必须看到病人的裸体) |
[10:04] | -Well, how good a look did you get? -What do you mean? | – 你看得有多清楚? – 什么意思? |
[10:08] | Well, if she was a criminal… | 比如,她是个罪犯… |
[10:11] | …and you had to describe her to a police sketch artist…? | 然后你要向专业素描警察描述她…? |
[10:15] | They’d pick her up in about 1 0 minutes. | 那他们10分钟之内就能认出她了 |
[10:20] | Great. Great. | 好,真好 |
[10:22] | So any time you want, you can just visualize her naked. | 那也就是说,任何时候你都可以 在脑中想象出她裸体的样子? |
[10:26] | I guess that’s true. | 我想是的 |
[10:27] | Stop it. Stop it. | 停!别想了! |
[10:30] | This is not fair! It’s not fair. | 这不公平!不公平! |
[10:31] | I don’T like this. I don’T like it one bit. | 我不喜欢这样,我一点儿都不喜欢 |
[10:33] | What do you want me to do? You wanna see Rachel naked? | 你要我怎么办?你想看瑞秋裸体? |
[10:36] | Yes! Yes! | 对!对! |
[10:38] | -Yeah, right. -The punishment should fit the crime. | – 啊,好 – 恶应该有恶报 |
[10:42] | You could see me naked. I could offer you that. | 你可以看我的裸体,我能给你看 |
[10:45] | It’s like I’m Neil Armstrong. | 我就像尼尔・阿姆斯特朗 (登月第一人) |
[10:47] | I turn around for a sip of Tang and you jump out first! | 我转头喝了口果珍,你们就先跳出舱外了! (先他一步看到了简裸体) |
[10:54] | Nobody ever called me breathtaking before. | 从没有人说过我令人窒息 |
[10:56] | I’ve never been called breathtaking either. | 我也从来没被人那样说过 |
[10:59] | I mean, if he thinks that that baby is breathtaking… | 我是说,如果他觉得那婴儿令人窒息… |
[11:03] | …then who’s not breathtaking? | 那还有谁不是令人窒息的呢? |
[11:05] | Maybe he just said it because the mother was in the room. | 也许他只是因为孩子的母亲 也在房间里才那样说的 |
[11:07] | Yeah. Right. That’s a possibility. | 对,有可能 |
[11:10] | I have to find out. | 我得去弄清楚 |
[11:12] | -How you gonna do that? -I can be very clever. | – 你要怎么做? – 我有时候很聪明的 |
[11:14] | -I’m gonna take a swim. -Oh, me too. I’ll meet you down there. | – 我想去游泳 – 哦,我也去,我们下面见 |
[11:18] | Don’T go in. Rachel’s getting undressed. | 别进去,瑞秋在脱衣服 |
[11:20] | Oh, okay. | 哦,好的 |
[11:25] | -Hey! -Oh, sorry. | – 嘿! – 哦,不好意思 |
[11:28] | -Don’T you knock? -I’m sorry. | – 你不会敲门吗? – 对不起 |
[11:31] | Not like I’ll see something I’ve never seen before. | 并不是说我想看一些从没看到过的东西 |
[11:34] | -You might have. -I didn’T . | – 你也许曾经看到过 – 我没有 |
[11:35] | You won’T . | 那你永远不会看到了 |
[11:38] | What do you want anyway, George? | 话说回来,乔治,你到底想要干什么? |
[11:39] | Yes, George. I’m kind of wondering myself. | 对啊,乔治,我也在奇怪 |
[11:43] | What is it that you want? | 你到底想要什么? |
[11:46] | No, I was just wondering if you guys had any gum. | 没什么,我只是想问问 你们有没有口香糖 |
[11:52] | So you were swimming in the pool… | 哦,你在池里游泳… |
[11:55] | …and you wanted some gum. | 然后想要些口香糖 |
[11:57] | Yes, because the water was cold… | 对,因为水很冷… |
[12:00] | …and the chewing warms me up. | 然后嚼口香糖能使我热起来 |
[12:05] | We don’T have any gum. | 我们没有口香糖 |
[12:07] | Okay. Thanks anyway. | 好吧,不管怎样,谢谢了 |
[12:13] | Strange man. | 奇怪的人 |
[12:14] | Wait till you get to know him. | 等你更了解他了再说这话吧 |
[12:17] | -So where is this baby, anyway? -Oh, check it out. | – 对了,那个婴儿在那儿呢? – 哦,我跟你说 |
[12:20] | I guarantee you’ve never seen anything quite so objectionable. | 我能保证你从来没见到过 这么讨厌的东西 |
[12:24] | It’s down the hall, third door on your left. | 就在沿着走廊左边第三个门里 |
[12:34] | Oh, my God! | 哦,天哪! |
[12:36] | I’m sorry, I thought this was the baby’s room. | 对不起,我以为这是婴儿的房间 |
[12:39] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[12:45] | I was in the pool! | 我刚才在泳池里! |
[12:47] | I was in the pool! | 我刚才在泳池里! |
[12:57] | Did she do it on purpose? | 她是故意的吗? |
[12:58] | It was my fault. I told her the wrong door. | 是我的错,我告诉了她错的房间 |
[13:01] | I was supposed to see her. She wasn’T supposed to see me. | 应该是我看她(的裸体) 而不是她看我的 |
[13:04] | So what? | 那又怎样? |
[13:06] | Well, ordinarily I wouldn’T mind. But…. | 通常我是不会介意的,但是… |
[13:11] | But what? | 但是什么? |
[13:13] | Well, I’d just got back from swimming in the pool… | 我当时刚从泳池游完泳回来… |
[13:17] | …and the water was cold. | 而且水又很冷 |
[13:21] | -You mean shrinkage. -Yes. | – 你是说缩水了 – 是的 |
[13:25] | Significant shrinkage. | 大大地缩水了 |
[13:27] | So you feel you were shortchanged? | 所以你觉得你亏了? |
[13:29] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:31] | lf she thinks that’s me, she’s under a complete misapprehension. | 如果她以为那就是我(**的真实大小) 她就彻底错了 |
[13:34] | That was not me, Jerry. That was not me. | 那不是我,杰瑞,那不是我 |
[13:36] | Well, so, what’s the difference? | 好吧,那又有什么关系呢? |
[13:38] | -What if she discusses it with Jane? -Oh, she’s not gonna tell Jane. | – 如果她跟简去讨论这事呢? – 哦,她不会去跟简说的 |
[13:42] | -How do you know? -Women aren’T like us. | – 你怎么知道? – 女人不像我们这样 |
[13:44] | They’re worse! They’re much worse than us. | 她们还不如我们! 她们远远不如我们 |
[13:46] | They talk about everything. | 她们什么都谈 |
[13:48] | Could you tell her about the shrinkage factor? | 你能告诉她这个缩水的原因吗? |
[13:50] | No. I’m not gonna tell her about your shrinkage. | 不,我才不会跟她提起你缩水的事 |
[13:53] | Besides, I think women know about shrinkage. | 再说,我觉得女人知道缩水的事 |
[13:55] | How do women know about shrinkage? | 女人怎么会知道? |
[13:57] | lsn’T it common knowledge? | 这难道不是常识吗? |
[13:59] | -Elaine. | -Elaine. – 伊莲 – 伊莲 |
[14:01] | Elaine! | 伊莲! |
[14:04] | -What? -Do women know about shrinkage? | – 什么事? – 女人知道缩水这回事吗? |
[14:08] | What do you mean, like laundry? | 什么意思?你是说衣服洗完缩水了? |
[14:10] | No. | 不是 |
[14:11] | Like when a man goes swimming, afterwards…. | 比如一个男的去游泳,之后呢… |
[14:17] | It shrinks? | 那个会缩水? |
[14:21] | Like a frightened turtle. | 就像一个受惊了的乌龟 |
[14:29] | -Why does it shrink? -lt just does. | – 它为什么会缩水呢? – 反正它就是会缩水 |
[14:34] | I don’T know how you guys walk around with those things. | 我真不明白你们男人是怎么 带着那种玩意儿走来走去的 |
[14:40] | -Excellent lobster, Kramer. -Really good. | – 很棒的龙虾,克莱默 – 的确很好 |
[14:44] | Rachel, aren’T you gonna have any? | 瑞秋,你想要点儿吗? |
[14:46] | No, I can’T . | 不,我不能吃 |
[14:48] | I’m kosher. We don’T eat shellfish. | 我只吃犹太教规定的食物 我们不吃甲壳类动物 |
[14:51] | You mean you’ve never tasted lobster? | 你是说你从没尝过龙虾? |
[14:53] | No. | 没有 |
[14:55] | You’re so pious. | 你真虔诚 |
[14:58] | I really respect that. | 我很尊重这种虔诚 |
[15:00] | You know, when you die… | 当你死了的时候… |
[15:01] | …you’re gonna get some special attention. | 你会得到一些特殊的关照 |
[15:06] | The baby’s crying. I’ll go get him, he can sit with us. | 宝贝儿在哭,我去把他抱来 他能和我们一起坐在这儿 |
[15:09] | No, no. You don’T want to do that. | 不,不,你不会想那样做的 |
[15:12] | -You’ll be uncomfortable. -Yeah. Finish eating. | – 你会很不自在的 – 对,先吃完饭吧 |
[15:14] | The baby’s not gonna have any fun over here. | 小宝贝不会觉得这里很有趣 |
[15:16] | -We’re not fun for a baby. -Yeah. | – 我们对他来说一点也不好玩 – 对 |
[15:18] | The lobsters will scare him. | 龙虾会吓着他的 |
[15:22] | I’m gonna get him. | 我去抱他过来 |
[15:26] | See? Look at this. | 看到了吧?看看这个 |
[15:29] | Rachel, my T-shirt shrunk. | 瑞秋,我的T恤缩水了 |
[15:33] | It used to be much bigger, and now it shrunk. | 它以前要大得多,但现在它缩水了 |
[15:37] | See, that’s what water does. | 看到了吧,这就是水干的好事 |
[15:39] | It shrinks things. | 它会使东西缩水 |
[15:41] | Really? Tell us more, Mr. Science. | 真的吗?再多跟我们说一些 科学家先生 |
[15:48] | What are you doing? What are you laughing at? | 你们在干什么?你们笑什么? |
[15:50] | -It’s nothing, George. -It’s very impolite to tell secrets. | – 没什么,乔治 – 私下谈论人是很不礼貌的 |
[15:53] | -Are you talking about me? -What is it with you? | – 你们在谈论关于我的事吗? – 关于你的什么呢? |
[15:57] | Easy, big fella. | 放轻松,伙计 |
[15:59] | Kramer, where did you get these lobsters? | 克莱默,你从哪里弄来这些龙虾的? |
[16:01] | -At MacLeish’s Fish Market? -No. I got them in the ocean. | – 从麦克利什海鲜市场弄来的? – 不是,我从海里弄来的 |
[16:06] | The ocean? What do you mean? | 从海里?什么意思? |
[16:08] | Well, I found this rope and I kept tugging on it… | 我找到了一根绳子,然后就使劲拉… |
[16:11] | …all these lobsters came up. | 然后就拉上来了这些龙虾 |
[16:14] | Those are commercial lobster traps. You can’T take lobsters from there. | 那些是商业用途的捕龙虾器 你不能从那里拿龙虾 |
[16:17] | -That’s against the law. -Hey, take it easy. | – 那是犯法的 – 喂,别怕,没什么 |
[16:20] | There are plenty of lobsters in the ocean for everyone. | 海里有的是龙虾,够分给每个人的 |
[16:23] | My father was a lobsterman. | 我父亲曾经以捕龙虾为生 |
[16:25] | He got up every morning at 4… | 他每天早上4点就起来… |
[16:27] | …and came home at night stinking of brine. | 天黑了才带着一股海水的腥味回家 |
[16:29] | He sent me through law school with the lobsters he caught. | 他靠他捕到的龙虾送我去上了法律学校 |
[16:32] | Here he is. | 小宝贝儿来啦 |
[16:47] | -Some night, huh? -Yeah. | – 不错的夜晚哈? – 是啊 |
[16:50] | I wish I had my telescope. | 我真希望我带着望远镜 |
[16:53] | -Some dinner, huh? -Yeah. | – 不错的晚餐哈? – 是啊 |
[16:56] | Nothing like really fresh-caught lobster. | 没什么比新鲜龙虾更美味的了 |
[16:59] | Some house, huh? | 不错的房子哈? |
[17:02] | It was built by Mark Farbman. | 是马克・法布门造的 |
[17:04] | He built a lot of these homes here. | 他在这一带造了很多房子 |
[17:06] | Some ugly baby, huh? | 够难看的婴儿,哈? |
[17:11] | -What did you say? -I said… | – 你说什么? – 我是说… |
[17:14] | …” some snuggly baby.” | “够好看的婴儿” |
[17:20] | He is something. | 他的确挺不一般的 |
[17:22] | Well, to tell you the truth, Dr. Pfeffer… | 厄,说实话,费福医生… |
[17:25] | …l was surprised to hear you use a word like “breathtaking” … | 我很惊讶你竟然用“令人窒息”这个词… |
[17:29] | …to describe a baby. | 去形容一个婴儿 |
[17:31] | I mean, because you also used it referring to me. | 我是说,因为你也用那词来形容我 |
[17:36] | Well, you know, Elaine, sometimes you say a thing like that just to be nice. | 你知道么,伊莲 有时候你只是出于礼貌才那样说的 |
[17:45] | You told her? | 你跟她说了? |
[17:47] | -Yeah. What’s the big deal? -You don’T understand this organ. | – 是啊,那有什么大不了的? – 你不了解这个器官 |
[17:50] | It’s very schizophrenic. | 那东西就像精神分裂一样复杂多变 |
[17:53] | Anyway, what’s the difference? | 那又怎么样? |
[17:54] | You’re the ones who are obsessed with this stuff, not us. | 你们才是被那种玩意儿 给困扰的人,不是我们 |
[17:57] | I’m sure it wouldn’T matter to Jane. | 我敢保证这也不会对简有什么影响 |
[17:59] | You’re going back to New York now? | 你现在就要回纽约? |
[18:01] | Yeah. I have some things to do tomorrow. | 对,我明天有点儿事 |
[18:08] | I think you spoke to your little friend Rachel, that’s what I think. | 我想你和你的好朋友瑞秋谈过了吧 我觉得这才是原因吧 |
[18:11] | So what if I did? | 我的确跟她谈过了,那又怎么样? |
[18:12] | And she didn’T say something to you about a certain something? | 那她难道没有跟你谈起 某个特定的东西吗? |
[18:16] | I don’T know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[18:18] | I think that you think… | 我觉得你是以为… |
[18:20] | …that a certain something is not all that it could be… | 那个东西不应该只有那样… |
[18:23] | …when, in fact, it is all that it should be and more. | 而事实上,那东西当时就该那样 而实际上却不止那样 |
[18:27] | -I’m sure it is. -Look, you don’T understand. | – 好吧,我想是的 – 不,你不明白 |
[18:31] | There was shrinkage. | 它其实是缩水了 |
[18:41] | You looking for this? | 你在找这个吗? |
[18:45] | Oh, Kramer. You startled me. | 哦,克莱默,你吓着我了 |
[18:48] | Well, I thought you might wind up around here. | 我知道你会来的 |
[18:52] | Yeah, well, I couldn’T stop… | 是啊,我不能不… |
[18:55] | …thinking about the way everybody was enjoying the lobster so much. | 想像大家都那么享受龙虾的样子 |
[18:58] | And, well, I thought a little taste couldn’T hurt. | 而且我觉得尝一小口不会怎么样 |
[19:01] | -May l? -No, I’m afraid I couldn’T do that. | – 可以给我吗? – 不,我恐怕我不能那样做 |
[19:06] | -Why not? -Well, now, it wouldn’T be kosher. | – 为什么不行? – 那样的话你就不遵守犹太教规了 |
[19:10] | Come on, Kramer. I really wanna try it. | 少来了,克莱默,我真的很想尝尝看 |
[19:12] | No, I’m sorry, honey. Not on my watch. | 不行,不好意思,宝贝儿 有我在你就别想 |
[19:17] | Come on, Kramer. | 来吧,克莱默 |
[19:23] | I just heard a car drive out. What was that? | 我刚刚听到一辆车开走,怎么回事啊? |
[19:25] | Oh, just Jane driving back to New York in the middle of the night. | 哦,只不过是简半夜里开车回纽约了 |
[19:32] | George, thanks so much for making breakfast. | 乔治,太感谢你为我们做早餐了 |
[19:37] | These are the best scrambled eggs ever. | 这是我吃过的最好吃的炒鸡蛋 |
[19:39] | I didn’T know you could cook. | 我以前还不知道你能烧菜呢 |
[19:40] | Well, I’m just expressing my gratitude to our gracious host. | 我只是在向我们慷慨的主人表示谢意 |
[19:44] | Yes, George, the whole breakfast is breathtaking. | 是啊,乔治,这餐早饭 简直是令人窒息啊 |
[19:50] | -Good morning. -Hey! | – 早上好 – 嘿 |
[19:53] | -Hey, morning. -Morning. | – 嘿,早上好 – 早上好 |
[19:55] | Kramer, I wanna thank you again for last night. | 克莱默,我想为了昨晚的事再次感谢你 |
[19:58] | -You really saved me. -What happened? | – 你真的是救了我 – 发生了什么? |
[20:00] | Well, I almost tried the lobster… | 我差点就尝了龙虾… |
[20:03] | …but Kramer stopped me. | 但克莱默阻止了我 |
[20:05] | Well, I knew you’d regret it for the rest of your life. | 我知道如果那样的话你会后悔一辈子的 |
[20:08] | You’re right. I would have. | 你是对的,如果我真尝了 我真会后悔一辈子的 |
[20:10] | Hey, look at this guy. | 嘿,看看这是谁 |
[20:12] | -A little breakfast? -Yeah. | – 要来点早餐吗? – 好的 |
[20:14] | -And you eat eggs, don’T you? -Yes, I do. | – 你可以吃鸡蛋的,对吧? – 是的 |
[20:16] | -All right. -Thank you. | – 好的 – 谢谢 |
[20:20] | Delicious. Where did you learn to make eggs like this? | 太美味了,乔治 你从哪里学会做这么美味的鸡蛋的? |
[20:23] | These are so good. | 这真好吃 |
[20:26] | Enjoying them? | 喜欢吗? |
[20:28] | Oh, good. | 哦,很好 |
[20:30] | You know, you might wanna try eating it with one of these. | 你们也许会想在鸡蛋里放点这个一起吃 |
[20:37] | There’s lobster in these eggs? | 这鸡蛋里有龙虾? |
[20:39] | Not that much. | 也不是很多 |
[20:41] | You know, they tend to shrink in the water. | 你知道,它们往往会缩水的 |
[20:46] | Well, I guess I gotta go too. | 好吧,我猜我也得走了 |
[20:49] | Well, this has turned out to be one hell of a weekend. | 这周末过得真是绝妙啊 |
[20:53] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[20:58] | Sorry to bother you. | 打扰您了 |
[20:59] | We’re trying to track down a lobster poacher… | 我们在追查一个偷龙虾的贼 |
[21:02] | …that cleaned out one of the traps. | 他偷了整整一笼的龙虾 |
[21:04] | I wonder what’s going on. | 我想知道发生了什么 |
[21:06] | Guess I should go up and apologize. | 我猜我得上楼去道个歉 |
[21:09] | -There he is, officer. -Yeah. | – 那个龙虾贼就在那儿,警官 – 对 |
[21:14] | Don’T you ever knock?! | 你从来就不先敲门吗? |
[21:19] | I don’T know why Rachel had to drive back with Michael and Carol. | 我不明白为什么瑞秋 要跟迈克尔和凯罗尔坐一辆车回去 |
[21:22] | Hey, if you saw me naked… | 嘿,如果你看到我的裸体了… |
[21:23] | …l wouldn’T wanna ride in the same car with you either. | 我也不会想跟你坐同一辆车 |
[21:26] | I still can’T believe Michael finked on Kramer. | 我还是不敢相信迈克尔把克莱默告发了 |
[21:28] | How is he gonna pay off a $ 1 000 fine? | 他要怎么付1000美元的罚单? |
[21:32] | They got some sort of program. | 他们有某种赎罪项目 |
[21:39] | What? | 怎么了? |
[21:45] | Hey, there’s a tomato stand. Let’s stop. I can get some more. | 嘿,那儿有个西红柿摊 我们停一下,我去买点儿 |
[21:49] | Hey, isn’T that Michael’s car? | 嘿,那不是迈克尔的车吗? |
[21:52] | -There’s Rachel. -Where? | – 瑞秋在那儿 – 在哪儿? |
[22:05] | Look at the work that people will do to get to the ocean. | 看看人们为了去海边都会干些什么 |
[22:09] | They’ll fight traffic and the heat and the parking and the hot sand… | 他们会忍受住堵车和高温的煎熬 还有停车烦恼和炽热沙滩的考验… |
[22:12] | …trying to get through the waves… | 只是为了去乘一下浪… |
[22:14] | …and the ironic thing is… | 而讽刺的是… |
[22:16] | …the ocean doesn’T even really want us in there. | 大海并不希望我们那样 |
[22:19] | That’s what surfing is. | 那就是冲浪的本质 |
[22:21] | Surfing is the ocean throwing us out of itself. | 冲浪就是大海把我们从它里面扔出来 |
[22:25] | You see? | 对吧? |
[22:26] | We keep trying to paddle in… | 我们不断试着要划进海里… |
[22:28] | …and the ocean is saying, “No, you don’T .” | 而大海却说,“别,你们别过来” |
[22:31] | The ocean is like a nightclub… | 大海就像一个夜总会… |
[22:33] | …and the waves are bouncers tossing us out. | 而浪头就像是把我们扔出来的门卫 |
[22:36] | The undertow is like the really mean bouncer. | 回头浪就像是最坏的门卫 |
[22:38] | lnstead of throwing you out, they take you in the back and rough you up. | 他们不把你扔出来 而是把你拖到里面暴打一顿 |
[22:41] | “Oh, you wanna come in? How about coming in like 25 miles?” | “哦,你想进来是吧?进来25英里怎样?” (回头浪把冲浪者卷进海里很远) |