时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Car names are so stupid, aren’t they? | 车名都很古怪,你们说是不 |
[00:05] | No baron has ever owned a LeBaron. | 没有男爵(Baron)会买一辆男爵(Lebaron)轿车 (80年代克莱斯勒敞篷轿车) |
[00:07] | Or the Ford LTD. | 或是福特LTD |
[00:09] | LTD. Limited. It’s a limited edition. | 限量版 |
[00:12] | What did they make, 50 million of those? | 他们是怎么生产所谓的限量版的?五千万辆? |
[00:15] | Yes, it’s limited to the number we can sell. | 跟我们的销售能力相比确实数量有限 |
[00:19] | Or when they try and mangle a positive word into a car name. | 或者在车名里乱塞好听的字眼儿 |
[00:23] | You know how they’ll do that? The Integra. | 你们知道是怎么做的吗?看看英特格拉(Itegra,90年代本田跑车) |
[00:26] | Oh, integrity? No, Integra. | 正直(integrity)?不,是英特格拉(Integra) |
[00:30] | The Supra or the lmpreza. Yeah? | 速跑(Supra,丰田跑车)和翼豹(Impreza,斯巴鲁跑车) |
[00:33] | Well, I hope it’s not a “lemona.” | 我当然不希望是lemona (柠檬lemon后加a) |
[00:36] | Or you’ll be hearing from my “lawya.” | 或者接到我的律师(lawyer后er变a)函 |
[00:44] | So, George, you sure I can’t show you any other cars? | 乔治,你真不看其他车吗? |
[00:48] | I don’t think so, Vic. | 真不用了 维克 |
[00:49] | Done my homework. | 已经做过功课 |
[00:51] | ’89 Volvo. That’s the car for me. It’s the one I want. | 89年沃尔沃,我的心头好 |
[00:54] | I got a LeBaron convertible right here. | 但我有部男爵敞篷轿车 |
[00:56] | N.I., not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[00:58] | Got a few more miles on it, but the previous owner was Jon Voight. | 里程稍长,不过车的主人是乔恩・沃伊特 (好莱坞影星,安吉丽娜・朱莉的老爸) |
[01:04] | Jon Voight? | 乔恩・沃伊特? |
[01:09] | Okay, Tim, you’re welcome. | 好的,蒂姆,不用谢 |
[01:12] | – Was that Tim Whatley? – Yes, it was. | – 是蒂姆・沃特利吗? – 是的 |
[01:15] | He wanted your address. | 他跟我要你地址 |
[01:16] | You, my friend, are gonna be invited to his night-before-Thanksgiving party. | 你将被邀请,参加他的感恩节前夜派对 |
[01:21] | He’s got that great apartment on 77th Street… | 他有所很棒的公寓,在77街 |
[01:23] | …and they overlook where they inflate all those huge balloons… | 可以俯览街上的吹气玩偶 |
[01:26] | …for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. | (卡通玩偶加入感恩节游行,吸引小朋友) |
[01:28] | I have always had a big crush on Tim. Why can’t he ask me out? | 我一直喜欢蒂姆 他干嘛不约我出去? |
[01:33] | He’s a dentist. You don’t wanna go out with a dentist. | 他是牙医,没人喜欢泡牙医 |
[01:36] | – Why? – He’ll always be criticizing… | 为啥? |
[01:37] | …your brushing technique. It’ll drive you crazy. | 他总会指责你刷牙姿势不妥 |
[01:40] | Away from the gums. | 要避开牙肉 这会让你疯掉的 |
[01:45] | New car! | 好家伙,新车 |
[01:47] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[01:48] | Did you get the Volvo? | 把你的沃尔沃买回来了? |
[01:50] | No, I decided to go with an ’89 LeBaron. | 我改主意了,要了辆89年男爵 |
[01:56] | A LeBaron? | 一辆男爵? |
[01:57] | I thought Consumer said Volvo was the car. | 《消费者》杂志说沃尔沃最适合 |
[02:00] | What consumer? I’m the consumer. | 什么消费者?我才是消费者 |
[02:04] | Seems like a strange choice. | 一个荒唐的选择 |
[02:06] | Well, maybe so. | 有可能 |
[02:08] | But it was good enough for Mr. Jon Voight. | 但是对乔恩・沃伊特来说是件好事 |
[02:13] | – Jon Voight? The actor? – That’s right. | – 乔恩・沃伊特,那个演员? – 正是 |
[02:17] | He just happened to be the previous owner of the vehicle. | 他正是上任车主 |
[02:22] | You bought a car because it belonged to Jon Voight? | 你买这辆车因为它属于乔恩・沃伊特? |
[02:26] | No. No. | 不是,不是 |
[02:28] | I think “yes, yes.” | 相反你想说“正是,正是” |
[02:30] | You like the idea of telling people you’re driving Jon Voight’s car. | 你乐意告诉别人 自己正开着乔恩・沃伊特的车 |
[02:34] | All right, maybe I do. So what? | 就算是,那又怎样? |
[02:36] | I’ve never even seen him in a car. I mean, look at his movies. No cars. | 我从未见过他开车 我的意思是 在电影里没有车 |
[02:41] | Deliverance, canoe. | 《激流四勇士》、《独木舟》 |
[02:44] | Midnight Cowboy, boots. | 《午夜牛郎》、《靴子》 |
[02:47] | Runaway Train… | 《暴走列车》… |
[02:49] | …runaway train. | 还有…《暴走列车》 |
[02:51] | Hey. Jerry, you know that shoe repair place at the end of the block? | 杰瑞,你知道街角那家修鞋铺吗? |
[02:55] | If they don’t get business, they’ll shut down and make way… | 如果他们没生意,就得关门大吉 |
[02:58] | …for one of those gourmet coffee or cookie stores. | 让位给咖啡店或者西饼店 |
[03:02] | – I like coffee. – I like cookies. | – 咖啡不错啊 – 我喜欢曲奇饼 |
[03:06] | Well, of course you do. And you know why? | 那然了 |
[03:08] | Because you’re a bunch of yuppies. | 因为你们是雅皮士 |
[03:10] | It’s your “go, go” corporate-takeover lifestyles… | 你们商业至上的生活方式 |
[03:13] | …that are driving out these mom-and-pop stores… | 迟早要灭绝这些夫妻店 |
[03:16] | …and destroying the fabric of this neighborhood. | 破坏这个社区的和谐 |
[03:19] | Well, what’s so great about a mom-and-pop store? | 什么令夫妻店如此伟大? |
[03:21] | If my mom and pop ran a store, I wouldn’t shop there. | 要是我爸妈开店 我不会在那消费 |
[03:26] | Hey, Bucambo… | 你是火星人 |
[03:27] | …they’ve been in the neighborhood for 48 years. | 他们在这里48年了 |
[03:30] | Now, come on, Jerry, you gotta have shoes… | 杰瑞,你有鞋子吗? |
[03:32] | …in need of a cobbler. | 需要补补的鞋子 |
[03:34] | I really don’t wear the kind of shoes that have to be cobbled. | 我不穿破鞋 |
[03:37] | Well, what about sneakers? | 那运动鞋呢? |
[03:39] | They’ll clean them. They do complete detailing. | 他们帮你清洁,认真细致 |
[03:42] | – All right. Take them. – Yeah, yeah. | – 好吧,拿走吧 – 好 |
[03:46] | Kramer, without you, we’d be out of business. | 克莱默,要是没有你,我们得关门了 |
[03:49] | These belong to my neighbor, Jerry Seinfeld, the comedian. | 这些鞋是我邻居宋飞的 那个喜剧演员 |
[03:52] | – So many sneakers. – Well, he’s got a Peter Pan complex. | – 这么多运动鞋啊 – 哦,他有彼得潘情结(不想长大) |
[03:56] | They’ll be ready a week from Thursday. | 一星期后来拿吧 |
[03:58] | Oh, well, no rush. | 哦,不急 |
[04:01] | – What’s the matter? – I keep getting these nosebleeds. | – 怎么? – 我又流鼻血了 |
[04:04] | – Lie down. And put your head back. – Oh, yeah. | – 躺下,仰起头 – 好 |
[04:13] | – Hey, what’s with your ceiling? – What? | – 天花板有什么? – 有什么? |
[04:16] | You got wires sticking out every which way. | 电线都露出来了 |
[04:19] | It looks dangerous. You should call an electrician. | 看上去很危险,该叫电工瞅瞅 |
[04:22] | You know, in the 48 years we’ve been here… | 我们在这呆了48年 |
[04:25] | …I don’t think we’ve ever called an electrician. | 从来没请过电工 |
[04:27] | Well, you should. This place could blow any minute. | 应该请来看看,这房子随时可能付之一炬 |
[04:43] | – Elaine. – Yes, Mr. Pitt? | – 伊莲 – 什么事,皮特先生? |
[04:45] | Have you gotten all the salt off those pretzels yet? | 弄干净卷饼上的盐没? |
[04:49] | No. I’m still working on it. | 正弄呢 |
[04:50] | What in blazes are you listening to? | 在听什么? |
[04:52] | Artie Shaw, “Honeysuckle Jump.” | 阿蒂・肖,《跳动的忍冬》 |
[04:55] | That was Artie Shaw, “Honeysuckle Jump.” | 刚才您听到的是阿蒂・肖 《跳动的忍冬》 |
[04:57] | Elaine, how did you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[04:59] | My father used to have a huge collection of big-band records. | 我爸有一大堆大乐团爵士乐风格的唱片 |
[05:04] | Congratulations to Wayne Hopper for identifying it. | 恭喜韦恩・霍珀答对了 |
[05:07] | By doing so, he becomes our seventh person… | 他将是第七名幸运观众 |
[05:09] | … to man the Woody Woodpecker balloon… | 获得机会参加感恩节游行 |
[05:11] | … in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. | 能够手持啄木鸟伍迪气球 |
[05:13] | There are only three spots left. | 还剩最后三个名额 |
[05:15] | When we come back, you’ll have three more chances… | 休息一下马上回来 还有最后三个机会 |
[05:18] | … to win a spot holding a rope under Woody Woodpecker. | 手持啄木鸟伍迪气球参加游行 |
[05:21] | Could you identify the next song? Could you? Could you? | 你能认得下首曲子吗? 可以吗?可以吗? |
[05:24] | Why would you wanna hold the ropes from the Woody Woodpecker balloon? | 你怎么会想要拿气球参加游行呢? |
[05:28] | My father was a stern man. | 我老爸是个严厉的家伙 |
[05:30] | He forbade us to participate in any activities… | 他不让我们做任何 |
[05:32] | …that he thought were associated with the common man. | 普通人做的事情 |
[05:35] | The Thanksgiving Day Parade was first on the list. | 感恩节游行就是第一项 |
[05:38] | All right. Okay. I’ll do the best I can. | 好吧,尽我所能 |
[05:41] | Here we go for the next spot under the balloon. | 下面我们送出下一个溜气球名额 |
[05:44] | If you know the name of this next song, call 555-BAND. | 如果你知道下一首歌的名字 请拨打**** |
[05:52] | Well, Elaine? Do you know it? What song is it? | 伊莲,这首歌知道吗?是什么歌? |
[05:55] | – Will you shut up? I can’t hear! – I’m sorry. | – 别吵,我听不到 – 对不住 |
[05:59] | Oh, I’ve got it! | 我知道了 |
[06:00] | It’s “Next Stop, Pottersville.” | 是《下一站,波多斯维尔》 |
[06:02] | Goody! Yes, yes! | 太好了 |
[06:04] | “Next Stop, Pottersville.” You are a genius. | 伊莲,你是个天才 |
[06:09] | You’ll love this car, even if you don’t like Jon Voight. | 你会爱上这车 即使你不喜欢乔恩・沃伊特 |
[06:12] | I like Jon Voight. Just seems like a strange reason to buy a car… | 我喜欢他,但你买车的原因是 |
[06:15] | …because he might have driven it. | 这车可能被他开过 |
[06:17] | What do you mean, “might”? | “可能”,你什么意思 |
[06:18] | – You don’t think he really owned it? – I don’t know. | – 你不信车是他的? – 谁知道 |
[06:21] | Why would the guy make up something like that? | 那些人为什么会编这么个故事骗我啊? |
[06:24] | Of all the names he could pick, why settle on Jon Voight? | 很多名字可选,为何独选乔恩・沃伊特? |
[06:26] | Don’t you see, that’s the genius of it. | 这你就不懂了,里头大有乾坤 |
[06:28] | If he had said Liam Neeson, you’d know he’s making it up. | 如果他说连姆・尼森 人家会觉得是杜撰 |
[06:32] | Liam Neeson? | 连姆・尼森 |
[06:35] | How are you comparing Liam Neeson with Jon Voight? | 为什么你要用连姆・尼森 跟乔恩・沃伊特比较 |
[06:38] | Jerry, we’re talking about Joe Buck. | 我们在谈乔・巴克 |
[06:40] | If you can play Joe Buck, Oskar Schindler’s a cakewalk. | 如果你能演乔・巴克,奥斯卡・辛德勒保护犹太人也就小菜一碟了 |
[06:45] | Oh, look at this. I stepped in gum. | 哎,我踩到口香糖了 |
[06:47] | You’re not getting in my car with gummy shoes. | 脚脏可不能上我车哦 |
[06:51] | All right. I’ll change my shoes. | 好了,我换鞋行了吧 |
[06:54] | Liam Neeson. | 连姆・尼森 |
[06:56] | You know he’s not American. | 他都不是美国人 |
[06:59] | Let me get a clean pair. | 我换双干净的 |
[07:02] | Everybody’s talking at me | 人人都在谈论我 |
[07:06] | I can’t hear a word they’re saying | 我可不管他们 |
[07:10] | Just driving round In Jon Voight’s car | 只管开着乔恩・沃伊特的车 |
[07:15] | Kramer! | 克莱默! |
[07:21] | Hey, where’s all my sneakers? | 我的鞋呢? |
[07:23] | – You said take them. – Not all of them. | – 你叫我拿的 – 没叫你全拿 |
[07:26] | Well, obviously, there was a miscommunication. | 显然,我们之间沟通不畅 |
[07:29] | Obviously. So, what am I supposed to wear? | 明显是,这会儿我穿啥 |
[07:32] | – Jerry, I left you a pair right here. – Where? | – 我特地给你留了一双 – 在哪? |
[07:34] | Come on. You’re not looking. | 你没认真找 |
[07:36] | Here. There. Put on those boots. | 来,穿上 |
[07:40] | I can’t wear these. | 我不穿 |
[07:42] | – Well, why not? – They’re uncomfortable. | – 为什么? – 这双不舒服 |
[07:44] | Come on here. Try them on. | 来吧,穿上 |
[07:47] | Where did you get those? | 在哪整的? |
[07:48] | I worked a club in Dallas one time, and they couldn’t pay me… | 我曾经在达拉斯一所俱乐部干 |
[07:52] | …so they gave me these. | 他们没付工资,给我整了双这 |
[07:55] | I can’t wear these. They look ridiculous. | 我不穿,太傻了 |
[08:01] | You look like a cowboy. | 穿着像个牛仔 |
[08:04] | I don’t wanna be a cowboy. | 我不想当牛仔 |
[08:07] | Oh, stop it. | 算了,不穿了 |
[08:09] | You know Tim the dentist? | 那个牙医蒂姆 |
[08:11] | I got an invitation to his Thanksgiving eve party. | 请我参加他家派对 |
[08:13] | – Yeah? I got one too. – Oh, yeah? | – 也请我了 – 是吗? |
[08:18] | – What? – No. Nothing. | – 什么? – 没事 |
[08:20] | – No, what is it? – No, it’s just that I didn’t get one. | – 干嘛? – 呃,他没请我 |
[08:24] | You didn’t get one? | 没请? |
[08:26] | But he called me up and asked for yours and Elaine’s addresses. | 他打电话向我要了你们和伊莲的地址 |
[08:29] | I’m sure that means I’m invited. | 这等同于邀请我了 |
[08:31] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[08:33] | Why would you call someone for addresses… | 要不为什么打电话要地址 |
[08:35] | …if you’re not invited to the party? | 又不请这个人? |
[08:37] | That’s the genius of it. | 这里头大有乾坤 |
[08:43] | I’m calling Elaine. See if she can find out anything from Tim Whatley. | 我要给伊莲打电话 看她有什么关于蒂姆・沃特利的消息 |
[08:47] | Hey, I got Jon Voight’s LeBaron. | 我搞了辆乔恩・沃伊特的车 |
[08:52] | Boss. | 哇,老板 |
[08:56] | Four thousand dollars! We can’t afford that. | 四千大圆,我们怎付得起 |
[09:00] | Well, you have to do something about it… | 你们得改善一下 |
[09:02] | …because it’s in violation of the building code. | 现在已经违反了建筑标准 |
[09:05] | Otherwise, they’re gonna close you up. | 不然他们会强行关铺 |
[09:07] | Supposing we can’t pay for it? | 要是我们付不起呢? |
[09:11] | Then I have to report you. | 那我得举报你们 |
[09:13] | Otherwise, I lose my license. | 否则我的执照会被吊销 |
[09:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:19] | Forty-eight years, Mom. | 48年哪,孩子他妈 |
[09:22] | And now we have to close. | 我们得关门了 |
[09:23] | All because of that idiot and his bloody nose. | 都怪那个流鼻血的蠢货 |
[09:27] | Afternoon, Mom. Afternoon, Pop. | 下午好,爸爸妈妈 |
[09:29] | You know you got a crack in the sidewalk? | 人行道那裂开了 |
[09:31] | You ought to get that fixed. | 你们该修修 |
[09:38] | – So? – Come on, put the top up. | – 咋了? – 关上车篷 |
[09:41] | – It’s November. – I feel alive, Jerry. | – 现在11月同志 – 我活力四射,杰瑞 |
[09:44] | Let’s check out the glove box. | 开开百宝箱,看看有什么宝贝 |
[09:46] | Pencil. | 铅笔一支 |
[09:48] | Hey, you don’t think? | 你不觉得 |
[09:51] | Sure. That’s Jon Voight’s pencil. | 这是乔恩・沃伊特的铅笔? |
[09:53] | With Jon Voight’s teeth marks. | 还有他的齿印 |
[09:58] | Owner’s manual. | 有本用户手册 |
[10:00] | You know what? This car was owned by Jon Voight. | 这车的确属于乔恩・沃伊特 |
[10:03] | You see? I told you. | 看到了吧,早告诉过你 |
[10:05] | Except Jon is spelled with an “H.” | 是约翰,多了个H |
[10:08] | – J-O-H-N. – So? | – 然后? |
[10:11] | Doesn’t Jon Voight spell his name J-O-N? | 难道乔恩・沃伊特拼错自己名字? |
[10:21] | – So, what are you saying? – Nothing. | – 你说啥? – 没什么 |
[10:23] | I’m sure Jon probably misspelled his own name. | 我肯定乔恩拼错了 |
[10:26] | I know sometimes I spell Jerry with a G. | 我有时候也这样,杰瑞以G开始 |
[10:29] | And an I. | 或者I |
[10:39] | – Get out of the car! – What? | – 给我下车 – 什么 |
[10:42] | That’s right, you heard me. Get out. You’re ruining this whole experience. | 下车,你听到了 你搞砸我兜风的心情 |
[10:45] | Oh, look. There’s Gregory Peck’s bicycle. | 看呐,格里高利・派克的单车 |
[10:48] | – Get out! – And Barbara Mandrell’s skateboard. | – 下去! – 芭芭拉・曼德瑞尔的滑板 |
[10:51] | Get out! | 滚! |
[10:58] | Hey, cowboy. | 喂,牛仔 |
[11:00] | Where’s your horse? | 你的马呢? |
[11:03] | Yeah, you better run. | 溜就对了 |
[11:11] | – Did they take anything? – They didn’t touch me. | – 他们抢你了? – 他们还没碰我 |
[11:13] | I tripped because of these stupid cowboy boots. | 多亏这双靴子,我摔了个马趴 |
[11:16] | Well, anyway, again, I’m sorry about throwing you out of the car. | 抱歉赶你下去 |
[11:19] | – You really seemed to enjoy it. – It was kind of fun. | – 看来你很享受 – 确实有意思 |
[11:23] | You know, maybe his name really is J-O-H-N… | 也许他真名叫约翰J-O-H-N |
[11:28] | …but he changed it to J-O-N for show business. | 后来改了艺名,叫乔恩J-O-N |
[11:31] | Well, you know, J-O-N is a lot zippier. | 更加活泼简短 |
[11:34] | Yeah, that’s possible. | 有可能 |
[11:37] | How would you find out something like that? | 你怎能想到这种好点子 |
[11:41] | Wait a minute. What am I thinking? | 等等,我想说什么来着 |
[11:43] | I’ve got the entire Yankee organization at my disposal. | 我还要去打理整个扬基集团的生意呢 |
[11:47] | – He’ll dispose of it. – That’s right. See you later. | – 他只会全部处理掉 – 没错 |
[11:52] | So, Jerome, I did a little snooping around for you. | 杰罗姆,我帮你打听过了 |
[11:56] | What’d you find out, Lois? | 你发现了什么,罗伊斯? |
[11:57] | Well, I talked to Tim Whatley. | 我跟蒂姆・沃特利说 |
[12:03] | Yeah? | 说了什么 |
[12:04] | And I asked him, “Should Jerry bring anything?” | 我问:杰瑞该带点什么? |
[12:07] | Subtle. | 很巧妙 |
[12:09] | And he said, “Why would Jerry bring anything?” | 然后他说:为啥要让杰瑞带东西? |
[12:12] | All right, but let me ask you this. | 好,我来问你 |
[12:14] | Which word did he emphasize? | 他强调哪个字? |
[12:16] | Did he say, “Why would Jerry bring anything?” | 为什么要杰瑞带东西? |
[12:19] | Or, “Why would Jerry bring anything?” | 为什么杰瑞得带东西? |
[12:23] | Did he emphasize “Jerry” or “bring”? | 他强调哪个?杰瑞还是带 |
[12:26] | I think he emphasized “would.” | 我认为 为什么杰瑞“会”带东西 |
[12:31] | Know what? The hell with this party. | 烂派对 |
[12:33] | I don’t wanna go to begin with. | 本来我就不想去 |
[12:35] | – Hey. | – Hey. So where’s my sneakers? – 嗨 – 我鞋呢? |
[12:37] | – That’s what I wanna know. – What do you mean? | – 我也想知道 – 什么意思? |
[12:39] | Well, I saw Mom and Pop this morning… | 今天早上我还到“老爸老妈修鞋店”了 |
[12:41] | …but when I went by the store on my way home, the place was empty. | 可回来时,修鞋店空了 |
[12:45] | Everything is gone. Mom and Pop… | 什么都没有了 |
[12:48] | …vanished. | “老爸老妈修鞋店”消失了 |
[12:50] | – So all my sneakers are gone? – I’m afraid so. | – 我的鞋子都没了? – 恐怕是的 |
[12:53] | And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. | 这只是阴谋的一部分 |
[12:55] | I’ve been asking around. They didn’t even have any kids. | 我问了四周邻居,他们连个孩子都没有 |
[12:59] | Mom and Pop aren’t even a mom and pop? | 老爸老妈是假的“老爸老妈”? |
[13:02] | It was all an act, Jerry. | 都在演戏 |
[13:04] | They conned us, and they scored bigtime. | 我们被蒙了,他们是江洋大盗 |
[13:07] | So Mom and Pop’s plan was to move into the neighborhood… | “老爸老妈”的计划是 |
[13:12] | …establish trust… | 搬到小区来,跟邻居混个脸熟 |
[13:15] | …for 48 years… | 混了48年 |
[13:19] | …and then run off with Jerry’s sneakers? | 然后卷走杰瑞的鞋跑路 |
[13:23] | Apparently. | 明显就是 |
[13:26] | All right. That’s enough of this. | 够了,不要再说这事儿了 |
[13:28] | – Where you going? – I gotta go to the Dixieland Deli… | – 你去哪? – 我去迪克西兰德里 |
[13:31] | …to pick up Mr. Pitt’s security pass for the parade. | 为皮特先生拿游行的安全通行证 |
[13:34] | Why does he wanna hold a rope underneath Woody Woodpecker… | 他干嘛要拿着啄木鸟伍迪气球 |
[13:37] | …in the Thanksgiving Day Parade? | 参加感恩节游行? |
[13:39] | He finds his laugh intoxicating. | 因为他觉得很过瘾 |
[13:44] | So, George, what kind of promotional events… | 乔治 |
[13:47] | …are we talking about? – Well… | 我们谈的促销活动是怎么回事? |
[13:49] | …I think we need more special days at the stadium. | 我建议体育场该搞些纪念日 |
[13:52] | You know, like… | 比如 |
[13:54] | …Joe Pepitone Day… | 乔・佩皮通(美国棒球明星)纪念日 |
[13:57] | …or Jon Voight Day. – Jon Voight? | – 或者乔恩・沃伊特纪念日 – 乔恩・沃伊特? |
[14:00] | The actor? | 那个演员? |
[14:04] | I make a motion that we have no more of these meetings… | 我提一项动议 |
[14:07] | …that have been initiated by George Costanza. | 以后乔治・克斯坦萨发起的会议一律取消 |
[14:11] | I suppose if I had suggested Liam Neeson Day… | 还以为连姆・尼森纪念日 |
[14:13] | …you’d all be patting me on the back. | 会是个好点子 |
[14:17] | I guessed Stan Herman’s “Boomtown Blues.” | 我猜到斯坦・赫尔曼的《新兴城市蓝调》 |
[14:21] | – What did you guess? – It was “Next Stop, Pottersville.” | – 你猜到什么? – 是《下一站,波多斯维尔》 |
[14:26] | Everybody knows that. | 这歌人人都知道 |
[14:28] | You know when they’re giving out the passes? | 什么时候发证? |
[14:31] | After the music. | 听完音乐 |
[14:46] | Oh, man. | 糟 |
[14:52] | Taxi! Taxi. | 计程车 |
[14:56] | Hey! Jon Voight! | 乔恩・沃伊特! |
[14:58] | Jon Voight! Hey, listen. | 听着 |
[15:03] | Can I ask you something? Listen. Do you…? Wait… | 等等,我能问你… |
[15:14] | – No Jon Voight Day, huh? – No. | – 没乔恩・沃伊特纪念日? – 没有 |
[15:17] | Now I’ll always have this doubt about the car. | 这下我会一直怀疑那辆车是不是他的了 |
[15:20] | – What, your jaw still hurts? – Yeah, it’s all swollen. | – 下巴还痛? – 痛,还肿了 |
[15:23] | I think I chipped a tooth when I fell yesterday. | 昨天可能撞坏牙了 |
[15:26] | – Have somebody look at it. – I’m calling dentists all day. | – 找个医生看看 – 我给牙医打了一天电话 |
[15:28] | Nobody working the day before Thanksgiving. | 感恩节前都休息了 |
[15:31] | – You going to the party? – No. I don’t know if I’m invited. | – 你去派对不? – 我不知道是否受邀请 |
[15:34] | – There’ll be lots of dentists there. – Yeah, you’re right. | – 当晚会聚集很多牙医 – 是的 |
[15:37] | You don’t wanna suffer all weekend. | 你不希望痛整个周末吧 |
[15:39] | Yeah, I gotta see a dentist. This is killing me. | 我会找个牙医看看,受不了 |
[15:42] | Well, I’ll take a chance. We’ll go together. | 碰下运气吧,我跟你一起去吧 |
[15:47] | Maybe I’ll just meet you there. | 咱在那碰面得了 |
[15:49] | – You don’t wanna go with me? – Jerry… | – 你不跟我一起去? – 杰瑞… |
[15:51] | …for all I know, this guy went out of his way to not invite you. | 据我所知,他没请你 |
[15:54] | How am I gonna feel if I show up… | 如果我跟你一块去 |
[15:56] | …with an uninvited, unwelcome intruder? | 等于带着一个不受欢迎的人 |
[15:59] | The way I feel when I go places with you? | 就像我带你上街时一样? |
[16:04] | – Hey. | – Hey. Did you find my sneakers yet? – 嗨 – 找到我的鞋了? |
[16:07] | No. But I ran into somebody you might be interested in. | 没,但我见到某人,你可能感兴趣 |
[16:10] | A Mr. Jon Voight, the actor. | 影星乔恩・沃伊特先生 |
[16:12] | Jon Voight, are you kidding me?! Did you talk to him? | 真的吗?你有没跟他说话? |
[16:15] | He was a little standoffish. | 他有点冷淡 |
[16:19] | What, you didn’t ask him about the car? | 你没问他车子的事? |
[16:21] | I couldn’t. His cab pulled away. But he did make an impression on me. | 还没问,出租车开走了 他给我留了记号 |
[16:25] | – Look. – What? | – 看 – 看啥? |
[16:26] | His tooth marks. He bit me. | 牙印,他咬我 |
[16:29] | – Jon Voight bit you? – What is he, a vampire? | – 乔恩・沃伊特咬你? – 他什么人?僵尸? |
[16:32] | No, it’s justifiable. He thought I was going for his wallet. | 他以为我要抢钱包 |
[16:35] | – He left perfect imprints. – That he did. | – 他留了个完美记号 – 是的 |
[16:38] | You’ve got that pencil with the bite marks on it? | 铅笔上有他齿印? |
[16:41] | We get a trained eye to match them, and we’ll see if you’re driving his car. | 我们找专业人士来比对 证实你是否买了他的车 |
[16:45] | Oh, please. | 我晕 |
[16:48] | Wait a minute. Wait, it’s not that stupid. | 等等,好主意 |
[16:50] | No, it’s stupid. | 馊主意 |
[16:52] | Why? Why is it impossible? I mean, they’re both bite marks. | 为什么不能,反正都是牙印 |
[16:55] | So you’re showing up at that party with a chewed-up pencil… | 你俩参加派对 |
[16:58] | …and Kramer’s gnarled arm? | 带根铅笔和一只被咬过的手臂? |
[17:01] | – It’s worth a shot. – Yeah. | – 绝对妙 – 是 |
[17:03] | Kramer, you wanna go to the party together? | 克莱默,要跟我一块去吗? |
[17:05] | Jerry, look, come on, I’m an invited guest. | 别,我是被邀请的客人 |
[17:08] | I can’t be aiding and abetting some party crasher. | 可不想与不受欢迎的人一起 |
[17:25] | Excuse me, dentist? Dentist? | 对不起,你是牙医? |
[17:32] | Dentist? | 牙医? |
[17:34] | Are you a dentist? | 是牙医吗? |
[17:36] | Are you a dentist? | 你是牙医吗? |
[17:39] | These are the balloons? | 这就是那些气球? |
[17:41] | Big deal. All I see is Woody Woodpecker. | 大家伙,都是啄木鸟伍迪 |
[17:45] | You got a problem with Woody Woodpecker? | 你跟他有仇? |
[17:47] | Yeah. What is he, some sort of an instigator? | 他老是煽风点火 |
[17:50] | That’s right. He’s a troublemaker. | 对,他是麻烦制造者 |
[17:55] | Hey, did you get my message? | 收到我信息了吗? |
[17:57] | What? I can’t hear a word you’re saying. | 什么?我听不到你说话 |
[18:00] | I was stuck at the Dixieland Deli all day. My head is still ringing. | 在迪克西兰德里呆了一天,脑袋还在响 |
[18:05] | Where’s Tim? | 蒂姆呢? |
[18:06] | What’s that, the Empire State Building? | 拿着什么?帝国大夏? |
[18:08] | What? I can’t hear you! | 你说什么?我听不见 |
[18:12] | Elaine, would you marry me? | 伊莲,能嫁给我吗? |
[18:15] | Wh…? I told you, I can’t hear a word. | 告诉过你,我听不见 |
[18:18] | All right. Forget it. | 算了,没事 |
[18:21] | – Hey, Tim, how you doing? – George. Kramer, how you doing? | – 嗨蒂姆,别来无恙? -乔治,克莱默,你们好 |
[18:24] | Watch… Watch the arm. | 小心…小心手臂 |
[18:26] | Listen, we don’t wanna bother you. We know you’re busy. | 本不想麻烦你,你贵人事忙 |
[18:29] | – No, it’s okay, what is it? – Let me show you something. | – 没关系,什么事? – 让你看样东西 |
[18:31] | – Take a look. – I’m gonna get going. | – 看看 – 我得走了 |
[18:33] | Let me take down your number. | 好,我写下你号码 |
[18:37] | – Hey, is that Jerry Seinfeld? – Hey, he didn’t come with us. | – 那是杰瑞・宋飞? – 嗯,他不是跟我们一块来的 |
[18:40] | – Tim, the pencil. – Jerry. | – 铅笔 – 杰瑞 |
[18:43] | – Hey, Tim. – Jerry. I didn’t think you’d show. | – 嗨,蒂姆 – 想不到你会来 |
[18:46] | Did you say, “Jerry, I didn’t think you’d show”… | 你是说 杰瑞,我没想到你会来? |
[18:50] | …or “Jerry, I didn’t think you’d show.” | 还是杰瑞,我没想到你会来? |
[18:54] | – Elaine, hi. – Tim. | – 伊莲,你好 – 蒂姆,你好 |
[18:58] | I’m really glad you came. | 很高兴你来了 |
[19:00] | – What? – I’m really glad you came. | – 什么? – 我很高兴你来了 |
[19:07] | Listen, Elaine, I’ve been wanting to ask you… | 我想问你,伊莲 |
[19:11] | …would you like to go out with me New Year’s Eve? | 除夕能跟我上街吗? |
[19:18] | Thanks. | 不吃,谢了 |
[19:20] | What? What? | 什么?说什么? |
[19:22] | Let me ask you something. | 我想问 |
[19:24] | Could you tell if teeth marks on somebody’s arm… | 人手臂上的牙印 |
[19:27] | …matched teeth marks on a pencil? | 与铅笔上的牙印有可能吻合吗? |
[19:29] | – It’s possible. – Roll up your sleeve. | – 有可能的 – 挽起袖子 |
[19:32] | Somebody bit you? | 有人咬你? |
[19:34] | Well, not just someone. Jon Voight. | 不是一般人,是乔恩・沃伊特 |
[19:37] | – Jon Voight bit you? – Yeah, yeah. | – 乔恩・沃伊特咬你? – 正是,正是 |
[19:41] | The pencil. Get the pencil out of your mouth! | 别咬铅笔 |
[19:43] | You’re destroying Jon Voight’s teeth marks. | 你破坏上面的牙印了 |
[19:46] | – That’s Jon Voight’s pencil? – That’s right. | – 这是乔恩・沃伊特的铅笔? – 没错 |
[19:49] | And I got his whole car downstairs. | 他的车我泊在楼下 |
[19:52] | Are you the one you bought his LeBaron convertible? | 就是你买了他的敞篷? |
[19:55] | – Yes! Yes! | – Yes! – 是他,是他 – 那就对了 |
[19:56] | Yes, I’m the one. | 就是我 |
[19:59] | – So you know Jon Voight? – Yes. I went to dental school with him. | – 你认识乔恩・沃伊特? – 我们一起上牙医学校 |
[20:04] | – Jon Voight, the actor? – No. | – 影星乔恩・沃伊特? – 不 |
[20:07] | The periodontist. | 是牙医约翰・沃伊特 |
[20:09] | Can’t this wait until Monday? Come by my office. | 不能等到周一吗?到我诊所来 |
[20:11] | – Just a quick peek. I’m in agony. – All right. Sit down. | – 就看看,痛得很 – 好吧,坐下 |
[20:16] | It’s this one here in the back. | 就是后面这只牙 |
[20:24] | You popped Woody Woodpecker! | 噢,你扎了啄木鸟伍迪 |
[20:29] | Hey, who invited you anyway? You’re a troublemaker. | 谁让你来的,麻烦制造者 |
[20:37] | Looks like Woody Woodpecker is running out of air. | 看起来啄木鸟伍迪在漏气 |
[20:40] | In fact, he’s collapsing. | 实际上,它塌下来了 |
[20:43] | Those kids look pretty disappointed. | 孩子们看起来很失望 |
[20:46] | Especially that big kid up in the front. | 尤其前面那个大孩子 |
[20:49] | How old is he? | 他多大了? |
[20:53] | – Hello. – Hello, is this Jerry Seinfeld? | – 您好 – 您好,是宋飞吗? |
[20:55] | – Yes, it is. – You don’t know me… | – 我是 – 你不认识我 |
[20:57] | …but a really strange thing happened. | 但这里有怪事发生 |
[20:59] | I was at a garage sale, and this old couple… | 我在二手商店 |
[21:01] | …sold me used sneakers… | 一对老夫妻卖旧运动鞋 |
[21:03] | …they claimed belonged to Jerry Seinfeld, the comedian. | 他们说是喜剧演员宋飞的 |
[21:05] | Could I have the address to that garage sale? | 能把旧货店地址给我吗? |
[21:08] | Okay, thank you very much. | 非常感谢您 |
[21:11] | I found Mom and Pop. They’re selling my sneakers. | 找到“老爸老妈”了 他们在卖我的鞋子 |
[21:14] | – Where are they? – Parsippany, New Jersey. | – 他们在哪? – 新泽西帕瑟伯尼 |
[21:16] | Let’s go. | 咱走 |
[21:18] | – My car’s in the shop. – How are we getting to Parsippany? | – 我的车还在商店里 – 那怎么去 |
[21:29] | Jerry… | 杰瑞 |
[21:31] | …these nosebleeds are starting again. | 鼻血又淌了 |
[21:34] | Maybe we should get you to a hospital. | 也许该送你去医院 |
[21:36] | I ain’t going to no Bellevue. | 没有漂亮姐姐的我不去 |
[21:38] | Look at me, I’m falling apart here. | 我要栽在这了 |
[22:06] | The marching band is a perfect example… | 军乐队就是个好例子 |
[22:09] | …of taking something bad and making it difficult too. | 带来不好的消息 同时又让人难以接受 |
[22:12] | I mean, why does the band have to march? We’re not moving. | 我的意思是,为什么乐队要行进? 观众又不动 |
[22:15] | Maybe if they hold still, we could all leave. | 因为如果他们不往前走 观众就要走了 |
[22:19] | Is that why they do it? People try and get away. | 这是否就是他们这么做的原因? 人们想要离开 |
[22:21] | “No, you don’t. I’m right with you. Right with you, buddy.” | 可他们却在说,“不要,我会一直跟着你的 一直跟着,兄弟” |
[22:25] | The human urge to wave at total strangers just moving by… | 人们喜欢向陌生人招手 |
[22:31] | …is very strong, isn’t it? | 特别喜欢 |
[22:33] | Parades and ocean liners… | 当游行队伍和油轮开走时 |
[22:35] | …and those little trains that go through amusement parks. | 就连游乐园的小火车也是一样 |
[22:38] | It’s always that bittersweet, kind of hello-goodbye… | 有苦有乐,是问候也是再见 |
[22:40] | …combination wave, isn’t it? Just: | 糅合在一起的挥手告别,这正是: |
[22:42] | I’ve never seen these people before in my life… | 我从未见过这些人 |
[22:45] | …and they’re leaving. | 而他们要离开了 |