时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | The Christmas tree seems to inspire a love-hate relationship. | 圣诞树有时候会让你又爱又恨 |
[00:07] | All that time is spent selecting it and decorating it… | 时间都花去选择和装饰它们… |
[00:10] | …and then a week after, it’s just thrown somewhere. | …但是圣诞过后一个星期 你就把它随便扔了 |
[00:13] | You see it by the side of the road. It looks like a mob hit. | 有时你在路边突然看到它 会有种突然被人暴打的感觉 |
[00:16] | The car slows down, the door opens, and this tree just rolls out. | 车慢下来,门一打开 只看到一颗颗树就这样冒出来 |
[00:22] | People snap out of that Christmas spirit like it was a drunken stupor. | 人们从圣诞的气氛中缓过来 就像是刚酒醒一样 |
[00:26] | They just wake up one morning and go: | 某天起床后他们喊道 |
[00:28] | “Oh, my God, there’s a tree inside the house. | “上帝啊,我家里怎么有棵树” |
[00:31] | Just throw it anywhere.” | “赶快把它扔了” |
[00:40] | Ready to go, Lois? | 可以走了吗,洛伊斯? |
[00:43] | Boy, you sure like to say my name, don’t you? | 你很喜欢叫我的名字,是吗? |
[00:46] | Excuse me, Lois. Stand back, Lois. | 打扰一下,洛伊斯 请让让,洛伊斯 |
[00:48] | Jimmy’s in trouble, Lois. | 吉米遇到麻烦了,洛伊斯 |
[00:51] | Oh, Mr. Meyer, this is my friend Jerry… | 噢,迈耶先生,这是我的朋友杰瑞… |
[00:53] | – Jerry Seinfeld. – Duncan Meyer. | – 杰瑞・宋飞 – 邓肯・迈耶 |
[00:58] | – You two know each other? – Yeah. | – 你们认识吗? – 当然 |
[01:01] | We went to high school together, didn’t we, Jerry? | 我们一起上的高中,对吧,杰瑞? |
[01:04] | – Yeah, yeah. – Gee, I hope you’re not leaving now. | – 是啊,是啊 – 洛伊斯,我希望你先别走 |
[01:08] | We still have a lot of work left to do. | 我们还有很多工作要做 |
[01:10] | Would you be able to come all the way downtown again… | 下班时间你能不能再来趟市中心… |
[01:13] | …in rush hour and pick me up? | …来接我? |
[01:15] | Why, I’d have to be Superman to do that, Lois. | 为什么呀,那我不是要变成超人,洛伊斯 |
[01:19] | No. No, this is all wrong. | 不,不,这些都错了 |
[01:22] | – Where’s the chicken cashew? – You no order chicken cashew. | – 我的腰果鸡肉在哪? – 你没点腰果鸡肉 |
[01:26] | No, I didn’t order any of this. I’m not paying for this. | 不,这些都不是我点的,你拿回去吧 |
[01:29] | Fine, Benes. | 不要就不要,贝尼斯 |
[01:31] | We’re putting you on our list. | 我们会把你放到我们的名单上的 |
[01:33] | – What list? – The do-not-deliver list. | – 什么名单? – 再也不送货的名单 |
[01:36] | Merry Christmas to you. | 祝你圣诞快乐 |
[01:40] | – Well, I guess we’ll just go out. – Yeah. | – 呃,我们还是出去吃吧 – 好啊 |
[01:43] | What are you doing with the Daily Worker? | 你看工人日报? |
[01:45] | I figure Ned must have left it here. | 一定是耐德放的 |
[01:48] | Your boyfriend reads the Daily Worker? What is he, a Communist? | 你男朋友看工人日报? 他是什么,共产党? |
[01:51] | He reads everything. You know, Ned’s very well-read. | 他什么都看 要知道,他很喜欢读书 |
[01:54] | Maybe he’s just very, well, Red. | 也可能他是很喜欢,呃,红色 (和读书谐音,暗指共产党) |
[02:01] | A Communist? Don’t you think he probably would have told me? | 共产党?你不觉得他会告诉我吗? |
[02:04] | Well, does he wear bland, drab, olive-colored clothing? | 呃,他是不是喜欢穿单调乏味的橄榄色的衣服? |
[02:08] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[02:10] | Yes, he does dress a little drab. | 是,他穿的是有点单调 |
[02:12] | He’s a Communist. | 他肯定是共产党 |
[02:15] | Hey, look at this. | 嘿,看这个 |
[02:18] | “Exciting, uninhibited woman seeks forward-thinking comrade. | “热情而开放的女性寻思想进步的同志哥” |
[02:22] | Appearance not important.” | “长相无所谓” |
[02:25] | Appearance not important? This is unbelievable. | 不帅都可以?太难以置信了 |
[02:28] | Finally, this an ideology I can embrace. | 这才是我可以接受的思想 |
[02:32] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[02:34] | – Where’s Lois? – She couldn’t make it. | – 洛伊斯呢? – 她不来了 |
[02:36] | I can’t believe you’re going out with a woman named Lois. | 难以想象你和一个叫洛伊斯的女人约会 |
[02:39] | I know. Finally. | 我知道 |
[02:40] | But, George, guess who her boss is? | 但是,乔治,你猜她老板是谁? |
[02:42] | – Duncan Meyer. – Duncan Meyer? | – 邓肯・迈耶 – 邓肯・迈耶? |
[02:45] | – Who’s he? – Elaine… | – 他是谁? – 伊莲… |
[02:47] | …only one person knows what I’m about to tell you… | …只有一个人知道我要告诉你什么… |
[02:49] | …and that’s George. | …那就是乔治 |
[02:55] | In the ninth grade they had us all line up in the schoolyard for this race… | 九年级的时候我们一起赛跑过一次… |
[02:59] | …to see who would represent the school in this track meet. | …角逐代表学校参加田径比赛的名额 |
[03:02] | I was the last one on the end, George was next to me and Mr. Bevilaqua… | 我是最靠边的一个人,乔治在我旁边 然后是拜沃拉先生… |
[03:05] | – What’s that? – Mr. Bevilaqua, the gym teacher. | – 什么先生? – 拜沃拉先生,体育老师 |
[03:08] | – Oh, of course. – He was down at the other end. | – 哦,这样 – 他站在另一边 |
[03:11] | So he yells out, “Ready. On your mark. Get set…” | 然后他喊,“各就各位,预备…” |
[03:16] | And I was so keyed up, I just took off. | 当时我太激动一下就冲出去了 |
[03:19] | By the time he said, “Go,” I was ten yards ahead. | 当他喊“跑”的时候 我已经跑出去十码了 |
[03:22] | – No. – I looked up. | – 不是吧 – 我抬头看了一下 |
[03:23] | I couldn’t believe it. | 难以相信 |
[03:25] | By the time the race was over, I had won. I was shocked. | 比赛结束,我赢了,我太激动了 |
[03:27] | – Nobody had noticed the head start. – Really? | – 没有人注意到我抢跑 – 真的? |
[03:30] | Yes. And I had won by so much… | 是,而且我用时超短… |
[03:32] | …a myth began to grow about my speed. | …一个关于我速度的神话就这样诞生了 |
[03:36] | Only Duncan suspected something was amiss. | 只有邓肯怀疑肯定有问题 |
[03:38] | He’s hated me ever since. | 从那以后他就很恨我 |
[03:40] | And now he’s back. | 现在他回来了 |
[03:43] | Well, what happened when you raced him again? | 那,你们后来再比赛怎么办? |
[03:45] | I never did. | 我再没参加过 |
[03:48] | In four years of high school, I would never race anyone… | 高中四年,我都没有和人赛跑过… |
[03:51] | …not even to the end of a block or to catch a bus. | …连公交车我都没追过 |
[03:53] | And so the legend grew. | 然后我的神话就越来越神了 |
[03:55] | Everyone wanted me to race. They begged me. | 所有人都想让我跑,他们求我 |
[03:58] | The track coach called my parents, pleading, telling them it was a sin… | 田径教练打电话给我父母 求他们,说就这样浪费我的天分… |
[04:02] | …for me to waste my God-given talent. | …简直是犯罪 |
[04:04] | But I answered him in the same way I answered everyone. | 但是我告诉包括他在内的所有人 |
[04:07] | I choose not to run. | 我选择再也不跑了 |
[04:12] | So now Duncan is back? | 那现在邓肯回来? |
[04:15] | He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[04:17] | As I knew he would be someday. | 我知道这天迟早会来的 |
[04:23] | Man, that’s some tart cider. | 喔,苹果酒酸掉了 |
[04:29] | – Hi. | – Hi. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[04:31] | – Sorry I missed the Chinese food. – Oh, so am I. | – 对不起错过了你们家的中国菜 – 哦,我也没吃 |
[04:34] | How’s Duncan? | 邓肯怎么样? |
[04:37] | He’s okay. | 他挺好的 |
[04:39] | He say anything? | 他跟你说什么了吗? |
[04:41] | About what? | 关于什么的? |
[04:43] | Oh, nothing in particular. | 呃,没什么 |
[04:47] | – Why did you cheat in that race? – I did not cheat. | – 你为什么在那次赛跑中作弊? – 我没有作弊 |
[04:49] | He said that you got a head start. | 他说你抢跑了 |
[04:51] | Oh, he’s just jealous because he came in second. | 喔,他只是嫉妒,因为他跑了第二 |
[04:54] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[04:57] | So you were the fastest kid in school. | 所以你是你们学校跑步最快的? |
[05:00] | Faster than a speeding bullet, Lois. | 比子弹都要快,洛伊斯 |
[05:05] | So how was work? Another day, another dollar? | 工作怎么样? 新的一天,新的美元? |
[05:10] | – I guess. – Yeah, well, nothing wrong with that. | – 差不多吧 – 呃,那也不错啊 |
[05:13] | Gotta make those big bucks. | 应该赚大钱啊 |
[05:16] | Money, money, money. | 钱,钱,钱 |
[05:19] | Are you a Communist? | 你真的是共产主义党吗? |
[05:24] | Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. | 是啊,事实上我是的 |
[05:28] | A commie. | 一个党员 |
[05:31] | Must be a bummer for you guys… | 那苏维埃政府的倒台… |
[05:32] | …what with the fall of the Soviet empire and everything. | …对你们这些人来说一定是很心痛的经历吧 |
[05:36] | Well, yeah. Well, we still got China, Cuba. | 呃,是吧 但是,我们还有中国和古巴 |
[05:39] | Yeah, but come on. | 对,不过这俩 |
[05:43] | – I know. It’s not the same. – Well, you had a good run. | – 我知道,可能不同吧 – 但是,你们已经干的很好了 |
[05:46] | I mean, what was it? Seventy-five, 80 years wreaking havoc… | 我的意思是,你们这75 或是80年里一直在武装斗争… |
[05:50] | …making everybody nervous. | …让全世界都很紧张 |
[05:52] | Yeah, we had a good run. | 是啊,我们干的很棒 |
[05:54] | Well, so enjoy yourself. | 呃,好好享受吧 |
[06:00] | So you lied to her? | 所以你骗了她? |
[06:02] | I couldn’t tell her the truth. I don’t know what’s gonna happen between us. | 我不能告诉她真相 我不知道这会不会影响我们的关系 |
[06:06] | If we have a bad breakup, she’ll go to Duncan. | 如果我们分手,她肯定会去找邓肯的 |
[06:08] | I want him to go to his grave never being certain that I got that head start. | 我希望直到进坟墓 他都不能确定我抢跑的事 |
[06:13] | Well, I’m dating a Communist. | 哈,我和一共产党约会了 |
[06:18] | – A Communist? That’s something. – Yeah, that’s pretty cool, isn’t it? | – 共产主义者?有品位啊你 – 当然,很酷的是吧? |
[06:21] | Hey, I called one of those girls… | 嘿,我给那女孩打电话了… |
[06:23] | …from the personal ads in the Daily Worker. | …就是在工人日报上征婚的那个 |
[06:26] | – The Daily Worker has personals? – Yeah. | – 工人日报有征婚广告? – 是的 |
[06:29] | And they say that appearance is not important. | 而且他们说长相不是问题 |
[06:33] | Yours or hers? | 你的长相还是她的长相? |
[06:37] | Merry Christmas, everyone. | 大家圣诞快乐 |
[06:40] | – Merry Christmas. – Well, look at you. | – 圣诞快乐 – 嗨,看看 |
[06:42] | – You got the job. – You’re looking… | – 你找到工作了 – 你现在正看着… |
[06:44] | …at the new Santa at Coleman’s Department Store. | …科尔曼商场的新圣诞老人 |
[06:47] | – All right. Way to go. – Congratulations. | – 太棒了,你找到了 – 祝贺你 |
[06:49] | Yeah. Feel that, isn’t it great? | 是啊,摸一下,是不是很棒? |
[06:52] | Look, it’s Mickey. | 看啊,这位是米奇 |
[06:55] | Come on. Get your beard on. We’re gonna be late. | 赶快,戴上你的胡子,我们要迟到了 |
[06:58] | On Prancer. On Dasher. On Donna. | 准备好布兰瑟,准备好岱歇尔,准备好唐娜 (布兰瑟 岱歇尔 驯鹿名) |
[07:01] | It’s not Donna. It’s Donner. | 不是唐娜,是窦娜 |
[07:03] | – It’s Donna. – Right. On Prancer. | – 是窦娜 – 对,准备好布兰瑟 |
[07:05] | On Dancer. On Ethel. On Harriet. | 准备好舞者,准备好埃塞尔,准备好哈里特 |
[07:11] | Hello. Oh, hi, Lois. | 你好,哦,嗨,洛伊斯 |
[07:14] | He wants to get together? What for? | 他想见个面?见面干嘛? |
[07:17] | I don’t know about that. I’ll have to think about it. | 我还不太确定,我会考虑的 |
[07:20] | – I’ll let you know. Okay. Bye. – What’s up? | – 回头打给你,好,再见 – 怎么了? |
[07:24] | Duncan wants to get together with me and her. | 邓肯想和我,洛伊斯一起见个面 |
[07:26] | He’s gonna try to get me to admit I got a head start. | 他肯定想让我承认抢跑的事 |
[07:28] | I don’t think she believes me. | 我不认为洛伊斯相信我 |
[07:30] | He wants to meet you? | 他想见你? |
[07:32] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll show up. He doesn’t know we’re friends. | 这样吧,到时我出现 他不知道我们是朋友 |
[07:35] | I’ll pretend I haven’t seen you since school. I’ll back up the story. | 我会假装毕业之后都没见过你 然后帮你圆谎 |
[07:38] | – That’s not bad. – Not bad? | – 好像不是坏主意 – 不坏? |
[07:40] | It’s gorgeous. | 简直是完美 |
[07:49] | Well, come on, little princess, tell Santa what you want. | 嗨,来啊,小公主 告诉圣诞老人你想要什么 |
[07:52] | – Don’t be shy. – She doesn’t speak English. | – 别害羞 – 她不懂英文的 |
[07:55] | Oh, Santa speaks the language of all children. | 喔,圣诞老人会讲所有小朋友的语言 |
[08:08] | Hey, Mickey, when do we get a break? My lap is killing me. | 嘿,米奇,我们什么时候能休息一下? 我的膝盖酸死了 |
[08:11] | – There is no break. – This is like a sweatshop. | – 我们没有休息时间 – 这真是一家黑店 |
[08:15] | – Kramer. – Hey, hey, hey. | – 克莱默 – 嘿,嘿,嘿 |
[08:23] | There’s a Natalie on line two. | 二号线有个娜塔莉找你 |
[08:25] | – Natalie? – From the Daily Worker. | – 娜塔莉? – 工人日报的那个 |
[08:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:33] | Hello. Yes, Natalie. | 你好,是的,娜塔莉 |
[08:36] | Well, yes, this is a business office, but I’m not a businessman per se. | 对,是的,这是一间商务办公室 但我本身不是一个商人 |
[08:42] | I’m here working for the people. | 我在这里是服务大众的 |
[08:45] | Yes, I’m causing dissent… | 是的,我要制造不同的意见… |
[08:48] | …stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system. | …刺激大众,让人们去质疑 整个腐败的社会系统 |
[08:55] | – Elaine. – Arlene. | – 伊莲 – 阿琳 |
[08:57] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 你好 |
[08:59] | – Doing a little Christmas shopping? – Yeah, yeah. | – 在为圣诞节采购吗? – 对的 |
[09:02] | Oh, this is Ned. He’s a Communist. | 哦,这是耐德,他是一位共产党员 |
[09:04] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | – 喔,是吗? – 是啊 |
[09:06] | Big Communist. Big, big Communist. | 忠实的共产主义者 忠诚的无产阶级革命战士 |
[09:09] | – It was awfully nice to see you. – Yeah, see you later. | – 很高兴在这里见到你 – 嗯,一会儿见 |
[09:12] | – Okey-dokey. Bye-bye. – Bye-bye. | – 好的,再见 – 再见 |
[09:14] | Listen, as long as we’re here… | 听着,既然我们来了… |
[09:15] | …what do you say we do a little shirt-shopping? | …我们去买点好看的衬衣你觉得怎么样? |
[09:18] | Out of the question. | 不可能 |
[09:21] | – Kramer. – Oh, hi. | – 克莱默 – 哦,嗨 |
[09:23] | Hi. Hi, Mickey. How are you? | 嗨,米奇,你好? |
[09:25] | – This is Ned. – Oh, hey. | – 这是耐德 – 哦,嗨 |
[09:27] | How are you doing there, buddy? | 你好啊,朋友? |
[09:29] | Hey, you guys stay here, okay? I’ll be right back. Right back. | 嘿,你们在这里等,好吗? 我马上就回来,马上 |
[09:32] | Eight hours of jingle-belling and ho-ho-hoing. | 连续八个小时的铃儿响叮当还有欢呼 |
[09:35] | Boy, I am hoed out. | 我快崩溃了 |
[09:37] | – Anyone who works here is a sap. – Hey, watch it, pal. | – 在这里工作的都是傻瓜 – 嘿,说话注意点 |
[09:40] | Whoa, whoa, easy. Come on, come on. | 喔,放轻松,别激动 |
[09:42] | What’s the matter with you? | 你是怎么了? |
[09:45] | The Santas at Bloomfields are making double what you are. | 布鲁费尔德公司的圣诞老人 挣的比你们多两倍 |
[09:48] | – Double? – I bet the glue from that beard itches. | – 两倍? – 如果不是,我打赌也黏上那令人发痒的胡子 |
[09:51] | You’ve got that straight. | 你现在就可以试试 |
[09:52] | So when you get a rash all over your face… | 当你往脸上涂胶水的时候… |
[09:55] | …you think Coleman’s will be there with a medical plan? | …你觉得科尔曼公司会为你的健康着想吗? |
[09:57] | Look, you take that commie crap out to the street. | 快,赶紧把这个共产党哄走 |
[10:00] | I’ve got literature in my car that will change your whole way of thinking. | 我车里有很多资料,会改变你所有想法的 |
[10:04] | – Talk to me. – Don’t listen to him. | – 跟我说说 – 别听他的 |
[10:06] | You’ve got a good job here. | 你在这里有一份很好的工作 |
[10:08] | There’s just no way you could’ve beaten me by that much. | 你根本不可能赢我那么多的 |
[10:12] | I had already beaten you in junior high school three times. | 初中我就已经赢过你三次了 |
[10:15] | I didn’t hit puberty till the ninth grade. | 我九年级的时候才进入青春期开始发育 |
[10:18] | That’s what gave me my speed. | 那给了我速度 |
[10:21] | Besides, if I got a head start, why didn’t Mr. Bevilaqua stop the race? | 而且,如果我抢跑 为什么拜沃拉先生不停止比赛? |
[10:24] | – That’s what I’ve always wondered. – Well… | – 那就是我一直想弄明白的 – 好… |
[10:31] | Oh, my God. | 哦,上帝 |
[10:34] | No. Oh, my God. | 不,哦,我的上帝 |
[10:38] | Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:44] | George. | 乔治 |
[10:45] | – George Costanza. – Oh, George Costanza. | – 乔治・克斯坦萨 – 喔,乔治・克斯坦萨 |
[10:51] | – Kennedy High. – Yes, yes, yes. | – 肯尼迪高中的同学 – 对,对,对 |
[10:54] | – This is unbelievable. – Hi, George. | – 太难以置信了 – 嗨,乔治 |
[10:58] | Oh, wait a minute. Wait a minute. Don’t tell me. Don’t tell me. | 哦,等一下,别说,别说 |
[11:02] | It starts with a… Duncan. | 你叫…邓肯 |
[11:06] | That’s right. | 对了 |
[11:08] | Wow, this is something. I haven’t seen you guys in, what, 20 years? | 喔,真是巧 我已经有20年没见过你们了吧? |
[11:12] | – This is Lois. – Hi, there. | – 这位是洛伊斯 – 嗨 |
[11:16] | What have you been doing with yourself? | 你们最近都在忙什么? |
[11:18] | Well, I’m a comedian. | 呃,我是一个喜剧演员 |
[11:23] | Well, I really wouldn’t know about that. I don’t watch much TV. | 啊,难怪我不是太了解 我不是太经常看电视 |
[11:26] | I like to read. | 我喜欢读书 |
[11:29] | What do you do? A lot of that did-you-ever-notice stuff? | 你都干什么? 收集一些吸引人注意的故事,谚语? |
[11:32] | Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊,是啊,没错 |
[11:37] | It strikes me a lot of guys are doing that kind. | 我很惊讶这么多人都喜欢做这个 |
[11:39] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊,是啊 |
[11:42] | Well, you really went bald there, didn’t you? | 你后来就秃头了啊,是这样吧? |
[11:48] | – Yeah, yeah. – You used to really have… | – 是啊,是啊 – 你过去可是有… |
[11:50] | …a thick, full head of hair. – Yeah, yeah. | …满头秀发 – 是啊,是 |
[11:55] | Poof. | 噗 |
[11:57] | Yeah, well, I guess I started losing it when I was about 28… | 是啊,我想是28岁开始脱发的吧… |
[12:01] | …right around the time I made my first million. | …就是挣到我人生第一个一百万的时候 |
[12:03] | Yeah. You know, it’s true what they say. | 你知道就像人们说的 |
[12:06] | – The first million is the hardest one. – Yeah, yeah. | – 第一桶金是最难的 – 是啊,是啊 |
[12:10] | – What do you do? – I’m an architect. | – 那你做什么呢? – 我是一个建筑师 |
[12:13] | Have you designed any buildings in New York? | 那你设计过纽约的一些建筑吗? |
[12:16] | Have you seen the new addition to the Guggenheim? | 你看过古根海姆博物馆 新收录的一些作品吗? |
[12:19] | – You did that? – Yep, yep. | – 那是你做的? – 没错,没错 |
[12:21] | Really didn’t take very long either. | 那些其实没费我多长时间 |
[12:24] | Well, you’ve really built yourself up into something. | 喔,你现在很有成就啊 |
[12:29] | I had a dream, Jerry. | 我是个有梦想的人,杰瑞 |
[12:31] | You know, one can’t help but wonder… | 呃,我不明白… |
[12:34] | …what brings you into a crummy little coffee shop like this. | …是什么让你走进这么拥挤的小咖啡厅呢 |
[12:38] | Well, I like to stay in touch with the people. | 我喜欢深入生活,和普通人在一起 |
[12:41] | You got a hole in your sneaker there. What is that, canvas? | 你的鞋上有个小洞 那是什么,装饰吗? |
[12:44] | Yeah, my driver is waiting… | 是,呃,我的司机正在等我… |
[12:46] | …so I really should get running. Good to see you guys again. | …所以我该出去了 真高兴能见到你们 |
[12:49] | George, George, hang on a second… | 乔治,乔治,稍等一下… |
[12:51] | …because we haven’t seen you in so long. | …我们很久没见了 |
[12:54] | I thought we might reminisce. | 我觉得我们应该聊点往事 |
[12:56] | Duncan and I were just talking about the day of the big race. | 邓肯和我正在聊高中的那次田径赛 |
[12:59] | Oh, the big race. Yes, yes. | 喔,那次田径比赛 |
[13:02] | – You were there? – Oh, sure, sure. I certainly was. | – 那时你在吗? – 喔,当然,我当然在啊 |
[13:05] | Yeah, I remember that day. Well, I’ll never forget it… | 是,我记得那天 我永远也不会忘的… |
[13:08] | …because that was the day that I lost my virginity to Miss Stafford… | …因为那天斯坦福小姐夺走了我的第一次… |
[13:11] | …the voluptuous homeroom teacher. – Miss Stafford? | …性感的学生接待处老师 – 斯坦福小姐? |
[13:16] | Yes, yes. You know, I was in detention… | 是,你知道的,我那天被罚站… |
[13:19] | …and she came up behind me while I was erasing the board. | …然后在我擦黑板的时候 她走到我的身后 |
[13:21] | – George. – But I digress. | – 乔治 – 哦我跑题了 |
[13:26] | Let me see. I remember you were standing at one end of the line. | 让我想想,我记得你是在边线上 |
[13:29] | I was right next to you… | 我在你旁边… |
[13:31] | …and I remember we were even for the first five yards… | …我记得前五码的时候 我们俩还齐头并进… |
[13:34] | …and then… You were gone. | …然后…你很快就超出去了 |
[13:36] | – Did I get a head start? – Head start? Oh, no. | – 那我抢跑了吗? – 抢跑?当然没有 |
[13:38] | Absolutely not. No. | 肯定没有,没有 |
[13:41] | You satisfied? So you see? | 满意了吧?现在看到了? |
[13:42] | No. I’m still not convinced, and I never will be. | 不,我还是不相信,以后也不会信的 |
[13:45] | Why don’t the two of you just race again? | 你们两个为什么不再比一场? |
[13:48] | – That’s a good idea. – No, no, no. | – 这才是我想要的 – 不,不,不 |
[13:51] | Another race. Out of the question. | 再比一场?不行 |
[13:52] | You’ve been saying that for 20 years. You know you can’t beat me. | 你这么说了20年了 你知道你根本赢不了我 |
[13:56] | You couldn’t beat me then, and you can’t beat me now. | 你那时根本没有打败我 你现在也不可能赢我 |
[14:01] | Race him, Jerry. Race him. | 跟他比,杰瑞,比 |
[14:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:08] | I’ll do it. | 我跟你比 |
[14:09] | The race is on. | 接受你的挑战 |
[14:13] | – You’re gonna race him? – Yeah. | – 你要跟他比赛? – 是的 |
[14:15] | And he’s calling all these people from high school to come and watch. | 而且他叫了我们所有的高中同学来看比赛 |
[14:20] | I knew this day would come. | 我就知道这天迟早会来的 |
[14:23] | I can’t. I can’t go through with it. I’m calling it off. I can’t let the legend die. | 我不能去比,我要取消比赛 我不能让我的神话破灭 |
[14:27] | It’s like a kid finding out there’s no Santa Claus. | 这就好像一个小孩最终发现 世界上根本没有圣诞老人这回事 |
[14:31] | Each according to his ability, to each according to his means. | 完全取决于他的能力 完全取决于他的想法 |
[14:35] | What does that mean? | 这什么意思? |
[14:37] | Well, if you got means and ability, that’s a pretty good combination. | 就你如果同时有能力和想法 你就什么都可以干了 |
[14:40] | So what if I wanna open a delicatessen? | 那如果我想开一家熟食店呢? |
[14:43] | There are no delicatessens under Communists. | 共产主义社会可没有熟食店 |
[14:45] | Whoa, why not? | 喔,为什么没有? |
[14:47] | Well, because the meats are divided into a class system. | 因为肉是按照不同阶层来分配的 |
[14:49] | You’ve got pastrami and corned beef in one… | 比如你拿五香牛肉 另外的人就拿盐腌牛肉… |
[14:52] | …and salami and bologna in another. Not right. | …然后意大利腊肠和大腊肠再给别人 就这样 |
[14:54] | So you can’t get corned beef? | 所以我不能拿盐腌牛肉? |
[14:56] | Well, you know, if you’re in the politburo, maybe. | 呃,要知道 如果你是共产党的领导就可以 |
[15:02] | Yeah, this is George Costanza. Any messages for me? | 嗨,我是乔治・克斯坦萨,有什么事吗? |
[15:06] | Why does Mr. Steinbrenner wanna see me in his office? | 为什么史坦布瑞纳先生要在办公室见我? |
[15:10] | Communist? I’m not a Communist. | 共产党?我什么时候成共产党了 |
[15:14] | All right. All right. I’ll be there. | 好,好,我马上过去 |
[15:17] | My secretary told Mr. Steinbrenner I’m a Communist. | 我的秘书告诉史坦布瑞纳先生说 我是共产党 |
[15:19] | Now he wants to see me. | 现在他想见我 |
[15:21] | You’ll just explain to him that you’re not a Communist. | 你跟他解释说你不是 |
[15:23] | You just called the woman for a date. | 你只是给一个女人打电话约见面而已 |
[15:28] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:30] | Oh, hi, Duncan. No. Four o’clock tomorrow… | 哦,嗨,邓肯 不,明天四点钟… |
[15:34] | …that is not going to work. | …四点钟不行 |
[15:36] | Why? I’ll tell you why. | 为什么?我来告诉你为什么 |
[15:39] | Because I choose not to run. | 因为我选择不跑了 |
[15:43] | I’m sorry, Elaine. This shirt’s too fancy. | 对不起,伊莲,这衬衣太花了 |
[15:45] | Just because you’re a Communist, you can’t wear anything nice? | 就因为你信奉共产主义 你就不能穿好看的衣服? |
[15:49] | – You look like Trotsky. – Good. | – 你看起来像托洛茨基 – 好吧 (托洛茨基 俄国革命领导) |
[15:53] | Fine. You wanna be a Communist? Be a Communist. | 好吧,你想成为共产党员?那去当吧 |
[15:56] | Can’t you at least look like a successful Communist? | 那你能不能至少 看起来像个成功的共产主义者? |
[15:58] | All right. I’ll try it on. | 好吧,我试 |
[16:00] | – I’m gonna order Chinese food. – You’re ordering from Hop Sing’s? | – 我去打电话订点中国菜 – 你要从霍星餐馆订吗? |
[16:04] | Does it have to be Hop Sing’s? I kind of had a fight with them. | 为什么非要从霍星呢? 我都快跟他们打起来了 |
[16:08] | Elaine, when my father was blacklisted… | 伊莲,想当年我爸也被他们列入 不再送货的名单… |
[16:11] | …he couldn’t work for years. | …我爸好几年都没好好工作 |
[16:13] | He and his friends used to sit in Hop Sing’s every day… | 他和他的朋友们好几年 每天都去霍星门口坐着… |
[16:15] | …figuring out how to survive. | …想着怎么才能活下去 |
[16:17] | – Your father was blacklisted? – Yes, he was. And you know why? | – 你爸爸也上那名单了? – 是啊,你知道为什么吗? |
[16:21] | Because he was betrayed by people he trusted. | 因为他被他的同志出卖了 |
[16:23] | – They named names. – Okay. Okay. | – 他们泄露了名单 – 好,好 |
[16:32] | Yeah, hi. I’d like a delivery, please… | 嗨,你好,我想叫一份外卖… |
[16:35] | …to 16 West 75th Street. Apartment 2G. | …到75街西16号2G公寓 |
[16:40] | I know that address. | 我知道那地址 |
[16:41] | You’re Benes, right? | 你是贝尼斯,对吧? |
[16:43] | You’re on our list. | 你在我们的名单上 |
[16:45] | No more deliveries! | 不再送货名单! |
[16:47] | No, no. She doesn’t live here anymore. | 不,不,她已经搬走了 |
[16:50] | This is someone else. | 我是新搬进来的 |
[16:52] | Oh, yeah? What’s the name? | 哦,是吗?你叫什么? |
[16:54] | Why do you need a name? You already have the address. | 你们还需要名字吗? 我已经告诉你们地址了 |
[16:57] | We need a name. | 我要你的名字 |
[16:59] | Give us a name. | 给我你的名字 |
[17:02] | Okay, okay. | 好,好 |
[17:04] | Ned Isaacoff. | 耐德・伊斯可夫 |
[17:09] | I want a racing car set. | 我想要一辆跑车 |
[17:11] | A racing car set? | 跑车? |
[17:14] | Listen. You don’t want that. | 听着,那不是你真正想要的 |
[17:16] | Those are assembled in Taiwan by kids like you. | 那些跑车都是可怜的 和你一样岁数的台湾童工组装的 |
[17:20] | And these Coleman pigs, they sell it for triple the cost. | 还有科尔曼公司的这些玩具猪 卖价是成本的三倍 |
[17:23] | – But I want a racing car set. – No. Don’t you see, kid? | – 但我真的想要跑车 – 不,难道你没看到吗,孩子? |
[17:26] | You’re being bamboozled. | 你被迷惑了 |
[17:28] | These capitalist fat cats… | 这些罪恶的资本家… |
[17:30] | …are inflating the profit margin and reducing your total number of toys. | …正不断地提高利润并减少你的玩具数量 |
[17:34] | – Hey, this guy is a commie! – Hey, kid, quiet. | – 嘿,这家伙是个共产党! – 嘿,孩子小点声 |
[17:39] | Where did a nice little boy like you learn such a bad word like that? | 你这么好的小孩是从哪学的这些不好的话? |
[17:43] | Commie, commie, traitor to our country. | 共产党,共产党,国家的叛徒 |
[17:47] | Santa is not a commie. | 圣诞老人不是共产党 |
[17:50] | He just forgot how his good friend stuck his neck out for him… | 他只是忘了他的好朋友多努力… |
[17:53] | …to get him a good job like this, didn’t he, Santa? | …才帮他找到现在的工作 是不是,圣诞老人? |
[17:57] | Is there a problem here? | 发生什么事情了吗? |
[17:59] | This guy’s a commie, and he’s spreading propaganda. | 这家伙是共产党,他在散播宣传言论 |
[18:03] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是吗? |
[18:04] | Well, that’s enough, pinko. You’re through. The both of you. | 够了,我的左倾分子 你被解雇了,你们两个都被解雇了 |
[18:07] | – I got two kids in college. – Oh, you can’t fire me. I’m Santa. | – 我还有两个上大学的孩子 – 你不能辞退我,我是圣诞老人 |
[18:11] | Not anymore. Get your skinny ass out of here! | 你再也不是了,你们赶紧给我滚出去! |
[18:16] | Hi, how are you? | 嘿,你好吗? |
[18:19] | Fine. | 还好 |
[18:21] | What’s the matter? | 那你怎么了啊? |
[18:23] | I just spoke to Duncan. | 我刚和邓肯谈过了 |
[18:24] | He said if you don’t race, he’s going to fire me. | 他说如果你不跑的话,他就辞退我 |
[18:28] | What? He can’t do that. | 什么?他不能那样做 |
[18:30] | Yes, he can. | 不,他可以 |
[18:32] | He controls the means of production. | 他可是生产资料的所有者 |
[18:36] | What are you gonna do, Jerry? | 你打算怎么办,杰瑞? |
[18:38] | Don’t worry, Lois. | 别担心,洛伊斯 |
[18:40] | I’ll think of something. | 我会想办法的 |
[18:46] | I knew it was you. You tried to trick Hop Sing. | 我就知道是你,你想跟霍星耍花招 |
[18:50] | You’re on our list. Elaine Benes. | 你已经在我们名单上了 伊莲・贝尼斯 |
[18:53] | And now you’re on our list. Ned Isaacoff. | 而且现在你也上了我们的名单 耐德・伊萨科夫 |
[18:58] | You got me blacklisted at Hop Sing’s? | 你害我上了霍星的黑名单? |
[19:02] | She named name. | 她泄漏了你的名字 |
[19:13] | You wanted to see me, Mr. Steinbrenner? | 你要见我吗,史坦布瑞纳先生? |
[19:15] | Yes, George, I did. Come in, come in. | 是的,乔治,来,进来 |
[19:17] | George, the word around the office is that you’re a Communist. | 乔治,办公室里所有人都说你是个共产党 |
[19:22] | A Communist? | 共产党? |
[19:24] | I am a Yankee, sir, first and foremost. | 我可是个正宗的美国人 先生,永不改变 |
[19:28] | A Communist pipeline into the vast reservoir of Cuban baseball talent… | 一个共产党特派员将去和古巴棒球联盟交涉… |
[19:32] | …could be the greatest thing ever to happen to this organization. | …这将是我们公司有史以来最大的新闻 |
[19:35] | – Sir? – You could be invaluable… | – 先生? – 你将是我们公司的摇钱树… |
[19:36] | …to this franchise. There’s a southpaw nobody’s been able to get a look at. | …没有多少人有足够的 商业敏感注意到这个机会 |
[19:40] | Something-Rodriguez. I don’t really know his name. | 就像那个叫罗德里格斯的 我记不清他的名字 |
[19:43] | Get yourself to Havana right away. | 你现在马上去哈瓦那 |
[19:45] | Yes, sir. Yes, sir. | 明白了,先生,是的,先生 |
[19:47] | – Do my best. – Good. Merry Christmas, George. | – 我会做到最好 – 很好,圣诞快乐,乔治 |
[19:49] | Bring me back some cigars in the cedar boxes. | 给我带点雪茄回来 放在精美的杉木盒子里 |
[19:52] | The ones with the fancy rings. Love those rings. | 要那些带有装饰环的 我喜欢那些环的样子 |
[19:54] | They distract you while you’re smoking. | 他们会让你吸烟的时候感觉很惬意 |
[19:56] | The red and yellow are nice. Looks good against the brown of the cigar. | 红黄色的环最好 他们和棕色的雪茄很相配 |
[19:58] | I like the maduro wrapper. The darker, the better. That’s what I say. | 我喜欢深色,味重的 颜色越深越好,就这些 |
[20:02] | The claro’s good too. That’s more of a pale brown. | 清淡口味的也行 最好是那种淡棕色的 |
[20:04] | Almost like a milky coffee. | 就像加了很多奶的咖啡一样 |
[20:06] | I find the ring size very confusing. | 有时候那些装饰环的尺寸让我很迷惑 |
[20:08] | They have it in centimeters, which I don’t understand. | 他们用厘米来表示大小 这让我感觉无法理解 |
[20:11] | – That was great. Nice job, Santa. – Yeah. | – 太棒了,干得好,圣诞老人 – 是啊 |
[20:14] | I knew that stuff was gonna get us in trouble. | 我就知道那共产党肯定会给我们带来麻烦的 |
[20:16] | Well, I didn’t realize it was such a sensitive issue. | 可我根本没想到这是个这么敏感的话题 |
[20:19] | Communism. You didn’t realize Communism was a sensitive issue? | 共产主义,你说你不知道共产主义 是个敏感的话题? |
[20:22] | What do you think’s been going on in the world for the past 50 years? | 你以为过去的50年里世界上都发生了什么? |
[20:25] | – Wake up and smell the coffee. – I guess I screwed up! | – 醒醒吧,看看共产主义究竟是什么 – 我想我弄砸了! |
[20:29] | Oh, you sure did. Big time. | 当然,你第一时间把它弄砸了 |
[20:41] | How do you feel? | 感觉怎么样? |
[20:43] | I need a miracle. | 我需要一个奇迹 |
[20:46] | Now you’re gonna see what kind of a liar you’re mixed up with. | 你马上就会看到 你每天都和一个骗子待在一起 |
[20:49] | Well, if he beats you, I want a big raise. | 好,如果他赢了你,我要你提升我 |
[20:52] | If he beats me, I’ll not only give you a raise… | 如果他打败我,我不只会提升你… |
[20:55] | …I’ll send you to Hawaii for two weeks. | …我还会送你到夏威夷度假两周 |
[20:58] | I parked in front. As soon as this race is over, we gotta go to the airport. | 我把车停在前面了 比赛一结束,我们就去机场 |
[21:02] | Yeah. I’ll be there. | 好,一结束我就过去 |
[21:04] | You ready, boys? | 准备好了吗,孩子们? |
[21:06] | – Yeah, Mr. Bevilaqua. – This is the way it’s gonna work. | – 是的,拜沃拉先生 – 这是起跑线 |
[21:09] | You take your marks. I say, “Ready, on your mark, get set”… | 你们站在各自位置上,我会喊 "准备,各就各位,预备"… |
[21:13] | …and then fire. You got it? | …然后听发令枪,明白了吗? |
[21:15] | – Yes, Mr. Bevilaqua. | – Yes, Mr. Bevilaqua. – 明白,拜沃拉先生 – 明白,拜沃拉先生 |
[21:17] | – Come on, Jerry. | – Come on, Jerry. – 加油,杰瑞 – 加油,杰瑞 |
[21:22] | Ready. | 预备 |
[21:25] | On your mark. | 各就各位 |
[21:38] | Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[22:35] | So will you come to Hawaii with me, Jerry? | 杰瑞,你跟我一起去夏威夷好吗? |
[22:37] | Maybe I will, Lois. | 也许我会的,洛伊斯 |
[22:39] | Maybe I will. | 也许我会的 |
[22:55] | You wanted to see me, el presidente? | 你想见我是吗?首长 |
[22:58] | Come here. I understand you are very interested in one of our players. | 过来,我听说你对我们的一个球队很感兴趣 |
[23:06] | Ordinarily, I would not grant such a request. | 一般我是不会同意这样一个请求的 |
[23:09] | But I have heard you are, how you say, communista simpatico. | 但我听说,你说过共产党很和蔼可亲? |
[23:16] | Well, good. Then you can have your pick. | 很好,我同意你的要求 |
[23:20] | They will play for your Yankees. | 他们可以和你们的洋基队比赛 |
[23:26] | And I would be honored if you would be my guest… | 而且如果今晚你能参加我在总统宫殿的宴会… |
[23:29] | …for dinner tonight at the Presidential Palace. | …我会非常荣幸的 |
[23:31] | There will be girls there. And I hear some pretty good food. | 会有很多女孩儿,而且我听说饭菜很好 |
[23:34] | Of course, the problem with parties is… | 当然,我们共产党的宴会… |
[23:36] | …you invariably have to eat standing up, which I don’t care for. | …你可能要一直站着吃,这个我倒是不介意 |
[23:39] | But on the other hand, I don’t like to balance a plate on my lap either. | 但是话说回来 我也不喜欢把盘子一直摆在自己的膝盖上 |
[23:43] | Once when I was at a party, I put my plate on someone’s piano. | 有一次我参加一个宴会 我把盘子放在了一个人的钢琴上 |
[23:46] | If I had not been a dictator… | 如果我不是一个独裁者… |
[23:48] | …I would not have been able to get away with that one. | …我可能就得滚蛋了 |