时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Gum is one of the weirdest human inventions. | 口香糖是人类最不可思议的发明 |
[00:06] | It’s not a liquid. It’s not a solid. It’s not a food. | 不是固体,也不是液体,甚至不是食物 |
[00:08] | What is it? It isn’t really anything. | 那它是什么?什么也不是 |
[00:11] | You know, I mean, it’s like a stationary bike for your jaw. | 我是说,它就像下巴的健身车 |
[00:15] | Remember when you were in school and teachers would get riled up… | 记得在读书时 |
[00:18] | …if they caught you with gum? | 老师总是很反感嚼口香糖 |
[00:20] | When you’re a kid, you think what’s the big deal? | 那时我们还是孩子,什么都不懂 |
[00:22] | As an adult, I can understand it… | 但是现在,我能理解了 |
[00:24] | …because when you’re chewing gum, you don’t look thrilled with anything. | 那是因为嚼口香糖能帮助缓解紧张 |
[00:28] | World War II, that was an important historical event? | 二战是一个重要的历史事件吗? (模仿老师提问) |
[00:30] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 肯定是 |
[00:37] | They landed a man on the moon in 1969? | 1969年人类实现登月了吗? (模仿老师提问) |
[00:39] | Yeah, right. | 没错 |
[00:42] | Yeah, I buy that, teach. | 是啊,老师,我嚼口香糖了 “口香糖” |
[00:50] | Do you think she’s happy? | 你不觉她高兴吗? |
[00:52] | – Who? – The cashier. | – 谁? – 收银员 |
[00:55] | – Ruthie Cohen? – You know her name? | – 鲁丝・科恩? – 你知道她名字? |
[00:57] | Sure. | 当然 |
[00:58] | – I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to her. – Maybe that’s why she’s happy. | – 我不记得和她说过话 – 所以她高兴 |
[01:03] | – Good morning, gentlemen. – What is this? | – 早上好,先生们 – 这是什么? |
[01:06] | Well, it’s the latest offering from the Alex Theatre. | 艾力克斯戏院的新片介绍 |
[01:11] | – That stinky old movie house? – Well, you should smell it now. | – 那个臭烘烘的旧戏院? – 你应该现在再去看看 |
[01:15] | – We fixed up the place. – With Spartacus? | – 我们重新装修了那个地方 – 就是为了上映《斯巴达克》? |
[01:18] | Well, it’s a rare archival print. | 那是个相当不错的老片子 |
[01:22] | Twelve extra minutes, full wide-screen Cinemascope. | 加时12分钟,全尺寸宽银幕 |
[01:26] | And if you come to the 1:00 show, you can hear Jeffrey Haarwood. | 另外,如果你去看1:00的那一场 你还能碰上杰弗里・哈里伍德 |
[01:30] | – Jeffrey who? – Haarwood. | – 杰弗里 什么来着? – 哈里伍德 |
[01:33] | He was the assistant wardrobe man on Spartacus. | 他是这个戏的助理剧务 |
[01:36] | He has some fascinating insights into the production. | 对作品有深刻的见解 |
[01:39] | Why would you spend $7 to see a movie that I could watch on TV? | 为什么我要花7块钱去看 部电视上就能看的电影? |
[01:42] | Well, why go to a fine restaurant… | 为什么你有微波炉做饭… |
[01:44] | …when you can just stick something in the microwave? | …还要去高级餐馆吃饭? |
[01:47] | Why go to the park and fly a kite when you can just pop a pill? | 为什么你去公园放风筝,而不是在家嗑药 |
[01:52] | You guys haven’t seen Lloyd Braun, have you? I’m supposed to meet him. | 你们一定没见过劳埃德・布朗恩 他应该到了 |
[01:55] | Lloyd Braun? What for? | 劳埃德・布朗恩?你见他干什么? |
[01:57] | Well, he’s using his connections in the mayor’s office… | 他可以利用他在市长办公室的关系… |
[02:00] | …to get the theatre landmark status. | …使戏院获得空前的发展 |
[02:02] | I thought he screwed up the Dinkins campaign. | 我记得他帮丁勤时参选市长 (丁是著名的非裔纽约市长) |
[02:04] | Well, he did. After that, he had a nervous breakdown. | 没错,之后他就精神失常了 |
[02:08] | Had to spend a few months in an institution. | 不得不在精神病院待上几个月 |
[02:10] | – Really? – Yeah, but he’s doing a lot better now. | – 是吗? – 不过现在他已经好了很多 |
[02:14] | – I’ve taken him under my wing. – Oh, then I’m not worried. | – 我会好好照顾他的 – 那我就不担心了 |
[02:16] | But he still needs all of our support. | 不过他仍然需要各位的支持 |
[02:18] | When he gets here, treat him like he’s one of the gang. | 待会别把他当外人 |
[02:21] | Breakdown, huh? | 精神失常,哼~ |
[02:23] | – Hey, Kramer. – Hey, Lloyd. Hey, buddy. | – 嗨,克莱默 – 嗨,劳埃德,嗨,伙计 |
[02:25] | – How you doing? Hi, Jerry. – Lloyd. | – 好久不见,嗨,杰瑞 – 劳埃德 |
[02:27] | – George. – Hello, Lloyd. | – 乔治 – 你好,劳埃德 |
[02:29] | – How you doing? – Well, he’s doing fine, George. | – 最近怎么样? – 他很好,乔治 |
[02:33] | – Gum. – That’s an interesting package. | – 要口香糖吗? – 包装挺有趣的 |
[02:35] | Yeah, it’s from China. | 是啊,中国货 |
[02:37] | Go ahead, try a piece. | 来片尝尝 |
[02:39] | Tell me that’s not the most delicious gum you’ve ever tasted. | 别告诉我那不是你嚼过味道最好的口香糖 |
[02:42] | Yes, yes, we shall all try a piece and tell you how delicious it is. | 好啊,我们都应该尝尝 然后告诉你味道有多好 |
[02:47] | – George. – I don’t chew gum. | – 乔治 – 我不嚼口香糖的 |
[02:50] | It’s different. Where did you get it? | 味道挺特别,在哪来的? |
[02:52] | A friend of mine in Chinatown gave it to me. | 唐人街的朋友给的 |
[02:54] | – I can ask him where he got it. – No, don’t bother. | – 我可以帮你问问他的 – 不用,别麻烦啦 |
[02:56] | – It’s no problem. – I don’t want it. | – 不麻烦 – 我不想要 |
[02:58] | Jerry, Lloyd says it’s no problem. | 杰瑞,劳埃德说过不麻烦 |
[03:00] | He’s capable of locating the gum. | 他能问到在哪有 |
[03:04] | – All right. – Boy, this is… This is delicious. | – 好吧,那问吧 – 兄弟,这…这真好吃 |
[03:15] | You know what? I think this Ruthie Cohen gave me the wrong change. | 知道吗?我觉得鲁丝・科恩给我找错钱了 |
[03:18] | Didn’t I pay with a 20? I’m sure I paid with a 20. | 我不是给她20块吗?我记得给了她20块 |
[03:21] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[03:22] | I think I finally figured out what the flavour is in this gum. | 我终于知道这是什么味了 |
[03:25] | It’s a little lo meiny. | 是柠檬味 |
[03:28] | – What kind is that? – It’s Chinese gum. | – 什么东西? – 中国口香糖 |
[03:30] | – Lloyd Braun gave it to me. – Lloyd Braun. How’s he doing? | – 劳埃德・布朗恩给的 – 劳埃德・布朗恩,他最近怎么样? |
[03:33] | After Dinkins lost the election, he had a complete nervous breakdown. | 丁勤时选举失败后,他完全精神崩溃了 |
[03:37] | They had to lock him up. | 所以不得不被关起来 |
[03:39] | That’s around the same time I broke up with Lloyd. | 那差不多是我和他分手的时候 |
[03:41] | You don’t think that I had anything to do with his breakdown, do you? | 你觉得他的精神病和我有关吗? |
[03:44] | I remember, when we parted company, I was babbling incoherently for months. | 我记得我俩结束关系时 我喋喋不休的嘀咕了好几个月 |
[03:48] | Yeah, well, I’ve got news for you. | 是的,我听说了 |
[03:49] | While I was growing up all I heard from my mother was: | 从小到大,妈妈总对我说: |
[03:52] | “Why can’t you be more like that Lloyd Braun?” | “为什么你不能变得 跟劳埃德・布朗恩一样呢?” |
[03:55] | And in the end, Lloyd Braun became more like you. | 到最后,劳埃德・布朗恩变得跟你一样 |
[03:58] | – Right, gotta get going. – Aren’t you coming to Spartacus? | – 没错,我得走了 – 你不是去看《斯巴达克》吧? |
[04:01] | I gotta deliver Christmas presents to my parents. | 我要给父母送圣诞礼物 |
[04:03] | – I thought they were out of town. – Why do you think I’m going now? | – 我以为他们出城了 – 我有说我现在去吗? |
[04:10] | – Georgie. – Hey, Mr. Lazzari. | – 乔治 – 嗨,拉扎里先生 |
[04:12] | Back in the old neighbourhood, huh? | 回来看你的老邻居? |
[04:14] | Yeah, yeah, just delivering some presents to my folks. | 是啊,是啊,来给家人朋友送些礼 |
[04:16] | Oh, snazzy car. | 哦,很时髦的车 |
[04:19] | – LeBaron? – Yeah, ’83. | – 勒巴伦的? – 对, 83年款 |
[04:22] | It used to belong to Jon Voight. | 以前是强・沃特的 (和著名演员强・沃特同名的一个牙医) |
[04:23] | – The actor, right? – Something like that. | – 那个演员? – 恩,差不多是吧 |
[04:26] | – Mind if I look under the hood? – No, go ahead, Pop. | – 介意我看看引擎盖下面吗? – 当然不,随便看 |
[04:29] | – You always knew your cars. – Yeah. | – 你一直自己动手修车 – 是的 |
[04:31] | Oh, Deena, Deena. Deena, look who’s here. | 哦,蒂娜,蒂娜,蒂娜,看看谁来了 |
[04:34] | – George Costanza, is that you? – Hey, Deena. Come on, give us a hug. | – 乔治・克斯坦萨,是你吗? – 嗨,蒂娜,快来,拥抱一个 |
[04:38] | Oh, my gosh, you look as pretty as you did back in high school. | 哦,我的天,你还是像高中时那么漂亮 |
[04:41] | Boy, those were some crazy times. | 小伙子,那真是段疯狂日子 |
[04:43] | Yeah, yeah. Speaking of crazy, did you hear about Lloyd Braun? | 没错,没错,说道疯狂 你听说劳埃德・布朗恩的事吗? |
[04:49] | The Alex was built in 1922, during the golden age of movie palaces. | 艾力克斯影院建于1922年 那是电影业的黄金时期 |
[04:53] | Minor restorations in 1941, ’47, ’52, ’58, ’63… | 曾在1941、47、52、58、63…还有最近 |
[05:00] | …and currently to our present period of time. | 做了一些小修葺 |
[05:04] | – You’re really getting into this? – I am. | – 你真的打算投身这个了? – 是的 |
[05:06] | The icing on the cake would be that landmark status from the city. | 我们希望劳埃德・布朗恩能用他的影响力 |
[05:10] | We’re hoping Lloyd Braun can pull a few strings. | 为戏院发展锦上添花,成为城市的标志 |
[05:12] | Oh, can on Lloyd really do that? | 行了,劳埃德能做到这些吗? |
[05:14] | Lloyd Braun can do anything he puts his mind to. He’s fine, Jerry. | 劳埃德・布朗恩能做任何事情 只要愿意,他现在很好,杰瑞 |
[05:18] | You should say hello to him, Elaine. | 你得跟他打招呼,伊莲 |
[05:20] | What? Lloyd’s here? No, no, I’d rather… | 什么?劳埃德要来?别,别,我宁愿… |
[05:22] | – Hi, Elaine. – Lloyd. Yes, hello. | – 嗨, 伊莲 – 劳埃德,是你,你好 |
[05:26] | Did Kramer tell you? | 克莱默跟你说了吗? |
[05:27] | We reserved some special seats so we can all sit together. | 我们为大家留了特座,大家可以都坐一块儿 |
[05:31] | Oh, well, actually, Lloyd, Jerry and I have to sit in the front row… | 哦,事实上,杰瑞和我要坐在第一排… |
[05:37] | …because… Because he forgot his glasses. | 因为…因为他忘带眼镜了 |
[05:41] | So thanks for getting us the… We’ll see you afterwards. | 谢谢你的好意…我们回头见 |
[05:46] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:48] | That was odd. | 我有点不明白 |
[05:50] | Am I crazy or does Jerry not wear glasses? | 是我疯了,还是杰瑞根本不戴眼镜? |
[05:53] | You’re not crazy. Jerry does wear glasses. | 你没疯,杰瑞也戴眼镜 |
[05:56] | He just forgot them, that’s all. | 只是忘记带来了,就是这样 |
[05:59] | Not crazy. | 没有疯 |
[06:03] | We’re all the way in the front row? Couldn’t we sit in the special seats? | 我们得一直坐第一排?为什么不能去特座? |
[06:07] | I’m sorry, but I didn’t want Lloyd thinking I was leading him on again. | 我很抱歉,但我不想 让劳埃德认为我余情未了 |
[06:10] | Seeing him made me feel very uncomfortable. | 见到他我觉得很不自在 |
[06:18] | No, you don’t want to be uncomfortable. | 不,你不希望自在 |
[06:21] | – Poor Lloyd. – I know. Completely bonkers. | – 可怜的劳埃德 – 是啊,完全神经错乱 |
[06:25] | I’m sorry I can’t be so flip about this kind of thing. | 抱歉,我不想用如此轻蔑的语气 谈及这种事 |
[06:28] | You know, after what happened to Pop. | 你明白的,特别是在老爹出事后 |
[06:32] | Pop? What happened to Pop? | 老爹? 出了什么事? |
[06:35] | I thought you heard. | 我以为你知道 |
[06:37] | He had a nervous breakdown last year. | 去年他精神失常了 |
[06:38] | That’s why I’m taking care of him. | 所以我一直在照顾他 |
[06:40] | I tell you, they don’t build them like this anymore. | 我告诉你,没人能修得这么好 |
[06:42] | He doesn’t have the auto shop anymore? | 他没再经营修车店了? |
[06:46] | It was too much for him. | 他没法经营了 |
[06:50] | – I gotta go. – What? | – 我要走了 – 怎么? |
[06:52] | I just remembered I gotta be someplace. | 我突然想起还要到别处去 |
[06:54] | That’s enough, Pop. Put down the wrench, Pop. | 已经够好了,老爹,放下扳手,老爹 |
[07:21] | Pop! Pop! | 老爹!老爹! |
[07:25] | – Great movie, huh? – Yeah. | – 不错的电影,嗯? – 是啊 |
[07:26] | – Sorry you forgot those glasses. – I don’t know what I was thinking. | – 真遗憾,你没戴眼镜 – 都不知道我当时在想什么 |
[07:29] | – How did you like that gum? – He loved it. | – 喜欢那个口香糖吗? – 他喜欢 |
[07:33] | Kramer, you know, there isn’t a light in the ladies room. | 克莱默,女厕所一盏灯都没有 |
[07:36] | Yeah, it’s being repaired. | 是的,正在修 |
[07:39] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[07:41] | – You all right? – I sat too close to the screen. | – 你还好吗? – 我坐得离屏幕太近了 |
[07:46] | I just gotta stretch out in a hot bath. | 我要回去洗个热水澡,舒展下身体 |
[07:48] | It was nice see you again, Lloyd. | 很高兴再次见你,劳埃德 |
[08:01] | Officer. Officer, is there some reason this man has too be using a hose. | 警官,警官,为什么那个人 |
[08:05] | I mean, he’s flooding the sidewalk. | 不停的用水管冲刷人行道 |
[08:07] | It’s a waste of water. Couldn’t he just use a broom? | 我是说,这太浪费水了 他就不能用扫帚扫吗? |
[08:10] | Lady, you sold me. | 小姐,你走光了 |
[08:12] | Hey, you with the hose. | 嘿,别冲了 |
[08:18] | Here, put these glasses on. | 把这个眼睛戴上 |
[08:20] | – What’s this for? – Lloyd’s gonna be here any minute. | – 为什么? – 劳埃德马上要来 |
[08:22] | – So what? – Well, he thinks you wear those. | – 那又怎么样? – 他以为你戴眼镜 |
[08:26] | They’re from the lost and found at the Alex. | 在艾力克斯戏院失物招领处拿的 |
[08:28] | This is ridiculous. I’m not gonna put these on. | 真可笑,我不会戴的 |
[08:31] | Oh, okay. | 哦,好吧 |
[08:32] | So he’ll just think that the two of you didn’t sit with him on purpose. | 那他一定会知道 你们俩个故意躲开不愿和他坐一块 |
[08:35] | Oh, yeah, that’s very nice. Very nice. | 很好,这很好 |
[08:40] | Excuse me, I was in here this morning… | 打扰下,我昨天早上在这消费 |
[08:43] | …and I believe I paid you with a 20-dollar bill… | 当时我付你了20块 |
[08:45] | …but you only gave me change for a 10. | 可你只找了我10块 |
[08:49] | – I don’t think so. – Oh, I think so. | – 这不可能 – 呃,就是这样的 |
[08:51] | And I can prove it. | 而且我能证明这事 |
[08:52] | You see, I was doodling on the bill… | 钞票上还有我的涂鸦 |
[08:54] | …and so if you have a 20 in there with big lips on it… | 是一个大嘴唇,所以如果收银机里 |
[08:58] | …well, that’s mine. | 有那样的钞票,那就是我付的那张 |
[08:59] | Would you mind opening up the register? | 你介意打开收银机看看吗? |
[09:01] | Not unless you buy something. | 不行,除非你买东西 |
[09:03] | Okay. Fine, I’ll buy a pack of gum. | 好吧,好吧,那我买包口香糖 |
[09:07] | Hey, George. | 嗨,乔治 |
[09:09] | – Thought you didn’t chew gum. – I don’t. | – 我以为你不嚼口香糖的 – 我是不嚼 |
[09:11] | Take a look. | 你自己看 |
[09:19] | I know I gave it to you. | 我肯定给你过 |
[09:20] | George, you mind? I’m kind of in a hurry. | 乔治,你介意吗?我赶时间 |
[09:25] | Fine, fine. Excuse me. | 很好,很好,不好意思 |
[09:28] | Think I’m gonna forget about this? I haven’t forgotten. I don’t forget easily. | 你以为我会算了,我不会算了的,不会 |
[09:33] | Hey, Jerry, look who’s here. | 嗨,杰瑞,看看谁来了 |
[09:36] | – Oh, Lloyd. – Hi, Jerry. | – 哦,劳埃德 – 嗨,杰瑞 |
[09:38] | – Got some more of that gum. – Oh, the gum. | – 再来片这种口香糖吧 – 好的,口香糖 |
[09:41] | Yeah, let’s all enjoy a chew, huh? | 是啊,我们都来好好享受这口香糖 |
[09:44] | – All right. – Oh, boy. | – 好吧 – 老兄 |
[09:46] | Sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[09:47] | Yeah, now, see, this is what the holidays are all about. | 哈,看吧,生活真美好 |
[09:50] | Three buddies sitting around chewing gum, huh? | 三个好兄弟坐一块,嚼着口香糖,不是吗? |
[09:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:58] | So, you know, Lloyd, he thinks he can get more of this. | 知道吗?劳埃德,杰瑞还想要更多的口香糖 |
[10:01] | Well, Lloyd is a very industrious fellow. | 没错,劳埃德是一个能干的人 |
[10:03] | I’m sure he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to. | 只要他上心,没有难倒他的事 |
[10:07] | Actually, the importer is right in Chinatown. | 实际上,口香糖的进口商就在唐人街上 |
[10:09] | I’ll introduce you. You can get it get it whenever. | 我可以带你去,什么时候都可以 |
[10:12] | It’s not necessary. | 不需要了 |
[10:14] | Hey, Jerry, you know, Lloyd wants to do you a favour. | 嗨,杰瑞,劳埃德愿意帮你忙 |
[10:16] | I know that, Kramer. | 我知道,克莱默 |
[10:18] | – If you don’t want to… – Sure, he wants to. | – 如果你不想… – 当然,他当然想 |
[10:20] | And it’s very kind of you. Yeah, Jerry, he appreciates it. | 你真好,杰瑞,他很感激你 |
[10:24] | – Don’t you, Jerry? – Yes, I do, Kramer. | – 是吧,杰瑞? – 是的,克莱默 |
[10:28] | – So how about that Elaine today? – Oh, baby. | – 那个伊莲今天怎么样? – 呃,小子 |
[10:32] | What is that all about, huh? | 你在说什么啊,嗯哈? |
[10:35] | She was practically undressing in front of me at the theatre. | 那天在戏院,她几乎在我面前酥胸半露 |
[10:38] | – I didn’t see anything. – You really missed a show, buddy. | – 我什么都没看见 – 你真的错过了好戏,兄弟 |
[10:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:54] | You’re probably wondering why I wanted to see you again. | 你可能想知道,为什么我又来见你 |
[10:57] | Well, you know… | 好吧,你知道 |
[11:01] | It’s understandable. | 这不难理解 |
[11:04] | I’m glad you feel that way. | 我很高兴你这么想 |
[11:05] | Because since my father’s breakdown… | 因为我父亲精神失常后… |
[11:08] | …I’ve become very sensitive to the warning signs. | 我对一些征兆很敏感 |
[11:10] | – Warning signs? – Nervousness, irritability, paranoia. | – 什么征兆? – 敏感,易怒,偏执 |
[11:15] | What? | 什么? |
[11:17] | What are you talking about? I’m not the one with the problem. | 你在说什么?有问题的人不是我 |
[11:20] | Lloyd Braun was in the nuthouse, not me. | 劳埃德・布朗恩进过精神病院,不是我 |
[11:23] | Yeah, and taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others. | 是的,还有对别人幸灾乐祸 |
[11:26] | – All my friends do that. – George, I’m only trying help. | – 我的朋友都这样 – 乔治,我只是想帮你 |
[11:29] | I’m concerned. | 我关心你 |
[11:31] | George? | 乔治? |
[11:35] | – Are you listening to me? – Do you see that woman? | – 你在听我说吗? – 你看见那个女人吗? |
[11:39] | She stole $20 from me. | 她偷了我的20块钱 |
[11:42] | I might have gotten it back, but Lloyd Braun interfered. | 我本来可以要回来的 但劳埃德・布朗恩碍事了 |
[11:45] | So again it all comes back to Lloyd. | 所以话题又回到了劳埃德 |
[11:47] | Hey. Hey, you! | 嗨,嗨,你! |
[11:49] | Get back here! Don’t gallop away. I’m on to you. | 给我回来!别想溜走,我不会放过你 |
[11:56] | So you’re saying she was on a horse? | 你是说她骑着马? |
[11:58] | I’m telling you, that cashier is riding horses on my money. | 我告诉你,那个收银员骑着马 |
[12:02] | Well, here’s what I propose. | 好吧,我建议你 |
[12:03] | Go down to the stables, snoop around. | 去马厩周围巡视下 看那个收银员会不会飞到空中 |
[12:05] | See if any high-flying cashier has been throwing $20 bills around with big lips. | 四处撒有大嘴唇涂鸦的20元钞票 |
[12:12] | – Hey. – Well, if it isn’t Chesty Larue. | – 嗨 – 嗨,这不是大胸脯拉瑞吗 |
[12:14] | – What? – I was chewing gum with Lloyd Braun. | – 什么? – 我在嚼劳埃德・布朗恩的口香糖 |
[12:18] | He was bragging about the show you gave him at the Alex. | 他拿着你在艾力克斯走光的事吹牛 |
[12:20] | Oh, God. I lost a button, so my blouse was wide open. | 呃,老天,我掉了个扣子 所以上衣领敞开了 |
[12:24] | I must’ve left it at the theatre. | 一定是掉在戏院了 |
[12:26] | – Maybe it’s in the lost and found. – I know. | – 也许是在失物招领处 – 我知道 |
[12:28] | I have to go check it out. It’s a beautiful button. | 我一定要找到它,它是颗漂亮的扣子 |
[12:30] | It’s antique ivory. It was my mother’s. | 是古董象牙的,我妈妈留给我的 |
[12:32] | You know, the way you were wolfing down that popcorn, maybe you ate it. | 当时你正大口吃着爆米花,也许你吞下去了 |
[12:38] | Mr. Haarwood, what an unexpected surprise to have you back at the Alex. | 杰弗里・哈里伍德先生 见到您回艾力克斯真是让人高兴 |
[12:41] | Well, I’m in a bit of a quandary. I’ve misplaced my spectacles. | 真有点难为情,我把眼镜弄丢了 |
[12:45] | Well, let’s look in lost and found, shall we? | 我们看看失物招领处有吗 |
[12:48] | They’re half glasses. | 是个半镜眼镜 (一种镜片顶部远视,底部近视的眼镜) |
[12:50] | – Brown? – Yes, yes. | – 棕色? – 是的,是的 |
[12:53] | Yeah, well, if they’re not in the box, I’m sure they’ll turn up soon. | 好吧,如果这盒子里没有 我相信会很快找到的 |
[12:58] | Listen, could you keep an eye on the place? | 你能帮我在这看一下吗? |
[13:00] | I wanna go get some paraffin wax… | 我去拿点石蜡 |
[13:01] | …and bring out the lustre of this vintage countertop. | 给这个旧柜台上点蜡 |
[13:05] | Yes, certainly. | 当然可以 |
[13:10] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦,天哪 |
[13:12] | What a spanking button. | 真是个好扣子 |
[13:23] | All right, all right. | 好了,好了 |
[13:27] | Hang on. It’s warming up. | 等下,我正在打火 |
[13:34] | Hey, what is your problem? | 嘿,你怎么回事? |
[13:37] | Oh, hello. It’s you. | 哦,是你 |
[13:40] | Listen, lady, I’ve got six minutes left on that meter… | 听着,女士,我在那个咪表上还有6分钟… |
[13:43] | …and I’m not budging until you admit you stole my $20. | …如果你不承认偷了我20块钱,我就不让开 |
[13:47] | You’re not so stuff tough when you’re not on your horse, are you, Ruthie? | 没有骑马,你现在寸步难行,是吧,鲁丝? |
[13:50] | Your car’s on fire. | 你车着火了 |
[13:54] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[13:56] | Fire! | 着火了! |
[13:59] | – Your hose! Where’s your hose? – The cop made me disconnect it. | – 水管,你的水管在哪? – 警察让我卸下来了 |
[14:15] | What happened to your car, buddy? | 你的车怎么啦,兄弟? |
[14:18] | The Jon Voight car is no more. | 强・沃特的车没了 |
[14:22] | Well, don’t you sweat it. You can use my car anytime you want to. | 别难过了,你可以随时都可以用我的车 |
[14:25] | – No kidding? – No kidding. | – 没开玩笑? – 不开玩笑 |
[14:28] | Hey, thanks. I owe you a big one. | 谢谢,我欠你个人情 |
[14:31] | – Yeah, merry Christmas. – Whatever. | – 没事,圣诞快乐 – 随便啦 |
[14:37] | – All right. I’m here. Where’s Braun? – What? He’s not here yet? | – 好了,我来了,布朗恩在哪? – 怎么,他还没来吗? |
[14:40] | Look. I’ll go downtown to Chinatown with him, but that is it. | 听着,我待会要和他去唐人街,就这样 |
[14:43] | – I need those glasses. – Why? | – 我需要这个眼镜 – 为什么? |
[14:45] | They’re Jeffrey Haarwood’s. | 这是杰弗里・哈里伍德的 |
[14:48] | Here, try this pair. | 试试这副 |
[14:53] | Wow, these are really… | 呜,这真是… |
[14:56] | Hey, gum-buddy. Nice frames. | 嗨,口香糖兄弟,眼镜不错 |
[14:59] | – You ready to go? – Yeah, yeah. | – 准备好出发了吗? – 是的 |
[15:02] | Yeah, he’s all ready to go. | 是的,他准备好出发了 |
[15:04] | – Anybody see Elaine today? – Oh, yeah, she called a little earlier. | – 今天谁看见伊莲了吗? – 她早些时候打过电话 |
[15:07] | She’s coming over to check out lost and found. | 说她会来失物招领处找东西 |
[15:11] | Maybe I’ll stick around and see what she’s wearing today. | 也许我们该再待会儿,看看她今天穿什么 |
[15:13] | Or not wearing, if you know what I mean. | 也许什么都不穿,你懂我意思吧 |
[15:15] | Absolutely, let’s just stick around. | 绝对要,我们再待会吧 |
[15:17] | I’ll tell you what, they’re expecting us. | 我给你说,他们在等我们 |
[15:19] | – Let me just grab a hot dog here. – Oh, yeah. | – 我们来个热狗吧 – 好啊 |
[15:22] | I’d like a hot dog, please. | 请给我来个热狗 |
[15:26] | Are you out of your mind? | 你脑子有问题吗? |
[15:29] | What’s the problem here? | 怎么回事? |
[15:31] | This hot dog’s been here since the silent era. | 这个热狗从无声时代起就在这儿了 |
[15:33] | – You’d have to be insane to eat it. – No, no, this man is not insane. | – 你要有毛病才会吃 – 不,不,这个人没毛病 |
[15:37] | There’s nothing wrong with it or you. | 这个热狗和这个人都没问题 |
[15:38] | – Kramer… – No, no, I’ll show you. | – 克莱默… – 不,我吃给你看 |
[15:40] | – One hot dog, please. – Okay. | – 给我个热狗 – 好吧 |
[15:44] | Doesn’t that smell good, huh? | 闻起来真不错 |
[15:46] | Here we go. Yeah. | 我要开始吃了 |
[15:49] | Oh, that’s delicious. | 味道很好 |
[15:51] | This is a perfectly sane food to eat. | 吃起来一点问题都没有 |
[15:56] | Interesting texture. | 口感特别 |
[15:59] | It’s chewy. | 有嚼头 |
[16:03] | I gotta get some air. | 我得去呼点新鲜空气 |
[16:24] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 打扰了,打扰了 |
[16:26] | Weren’t you told to stop using that hose? | 没人告诉你别这样用水管吗? |
[16:29] | – How would you happen to know that? – Well… | – 你怎么知道这事? – 呃… |
[16:33] | You’re that lady that was talking to the cops, aren’t you? | 你就是那个跟警察告状的人? |
[16:38] | – Hey, Joe! – Oh, wait, wait! Stop it! | – 嘿,乔! – 噢,住手,住手! |
[16:44] | – Hey, everybody. – Whoa, Elaine! | – 嗨,各位 – 哇哦,伊莲! |
[16:49] | Once again you’ve managed to top yourself. | 你又一次成功的展示了自己 |
[16:53] | Come on, Jerry, let’s go. The car is out front. | 行了,杰瑞,我们走吧,车就在门口 |
[17:05] | Lloyd. | 劳埃德 |
[17:11] | Lloyd. | 劳埃德 |
[17:12] | What is Lloyd’s problem? | 劳埃德没毛病吧? |
[17:15] | Look, honey, I know you’re trying to get Lloyd to notice you… | 你看,亲爱的,我知道 你想让劳埃德注意你… |
[17:18] | …but this is too much. | 但这次做得太过了 |
[17:19] | Parading around in a wet T-shirt. | 穿件湿体恤招摇过市 |
[17:23] | I got sprayed with a hose. | 我是被水管喷湿的 |
[17:26] | Yeah, well, I’m sorry, but the Alex is a family theatre… | 恕我直言,艾力克斯是家庭电影院… |
[17:29] | …not one of your swing joints. | …不是那种低俗的娱乐场所 |
[17:36] | So you want my father to pay for this? | 那么说,你想让我爸爸付钱? |
[17:39] | Well, you saw him. He was fiddling with the engine. | 你看到了的,他在我引擎上瞎摆弄 |
[17:42] | God knows what he did there. | 天知道他做了什么 |
[17:43] | And I suppose Lloyd Braun had something to do with it too? | 那么,我猜劳埃德・布朗恩 也和这个有关啦? |
[17:46] | – Not Lloyd Braun, but the cashier. – What cashier? | – 不是劳埃德・布朗恩,是那个收银员 – 什么收银员? |
[17:49] | You remember the woman on the horse? She wanted my spot. | 你还记得那个骑马的女人吗? 她想要我的停车位 |
[17:53] | – To park her horse? – No, she wasn’t on the horse. | – 为了停她的马? – 不,她没骑马 |
[17:56] | So your car caught fire… | 所以你的车着火… |
[17:58] | …because of my father and the woman on the horse. | …全因为我爸和那个骑马的女人 |
[18:01] | That’s right. And him. | 没错,还有那个人 |
[18:05] | – The man with the flowers? – Yeah, yeah, the flower guy. | – 站在花旁边的人? – 是的,就是他 |
[18:07] | Listen, I know this all sounds a little crazy, but… | 我知道这些话听起来有点疯 |
[18:10] | I can’t believe it. That’s Jerry Seinfeld. | 真不敢相信,那是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[18:12] | – Who? – Jerry Seinfeld, my best friend. | – 谁? – 杰瑞・宋飞,我最好的朋友 |
[18:14] | He can explain all of this. Jerry, Jerry! | 他会证明我的话,杰瑞,杰瑞! |
[18:16] | Over here, Jerry. It’s me! | 这儿,杰瑞,是我 |
[18:19] | Where are you going? It’s… What are you…? | 你去哪?怎么啦? |
[18:24] | – That was your best friend? – Yeah. | – 他是你最好的朋友? – 是啊 |
[18:25] | – But he doesn’t wear glasses. – That man was wearing glasses. | – 但他是戴眼镜的 – 那个人戴着眼镜 |
[18:28] | Don’t you see? He was doing it to fool Lloyd Braun. | 你没看出来吗?他是为了骗劳埃德・布朗恩 |
[18:37] | I’ll run in and get the gum. | 我下车去买口香糖 |
[18:38] | – All right. – Got any money? | – 好吧 – 带钱了吗? |
[18:48] | Here. | 给 |
[18:51] | I’ll be back. | 马上回 |
[18:54] | Look, Deena, I know you think I’m crazy, but I’m not. | 好吧,蒂娜,我知道你一定以为我疯了 我没有 |
[18:58] | This is just a series of bad coincidences. | 这只是一系列不幸的巧合 |
[19:01] | I don’t know, George. I don’t know what to believe. | 我不知道, 乔治,不知道该相信什么 |
[19:04] | Believe me, I am not crazy. | 相信我,我没疯 |
[19:07] | Well, I guess it’s possible. | 我想也许也吧 |
[19:16] | Here you go. | 我们走 |
[19:18] | – All this? – Yeah. | – 全是的? – 是啊 |
[19:19] | – A hundred dollars worth. – I gave you a hundred dollars? | – 价值100美元 – 我给你100块? |
[19:22] | You sure did. | 是这样 |
[19:24] | – Am I crazy or is that a lot of gum? – It’s a lot of gum! | – 是我疯了还是这儿确有很多口香糖? – 是有很多口香糖 |
[19:30] | Mr. Haarwood, I found your glasses. | 哈里伍德先生,我找到你眼镜了 |
[19:32] | Oh, splendid. | 太好了 |
[19:34] | Welcome to the Institute for the Preservation… | 欢迎来到电影 |
[19:36] | …of Motion Picture Costumes and Wardrobes. | 服装和道具收藏协会 |
[19:39] | The I.P.M.P.C.W. | |
[19:42] | We prefer to call it the Institute. | 我更愿意叫它协会 |
[19:45] | – Is that from Henry Vlll? – Yes, yes, it is. | – 那是《亨利八世》的道具吗 – 是的 |
[19:47] | Yeah, well, you know, we’re screening that tonight at the Alex. | 知道吗?我们昨天在艾力克斯 放映了这部电影 |
[19:50] | You think that I could wear that to promote the theatre? | 你觉得我能穿着这个服装 为电影院做些宣传吗? |
[19:52] | Well, I’d love to lend it to you, but I doubt if it would fit a man… | 我很愿意借给你 不过我怀疑它是否适合你的身材… |
[19:55] | …of your impressive Raymond Massey-like physique. | …我是说您的体格像雷蒙德・马西一样 让人印象深刻(著名电影演员) |
[19:59] | The only person who could really fit into this costume… | 它更适合那种个矮,敦实… |
[20:02] | …would have to be a short, stocky man of somewhat generous proportion. | …身材比例较胖的人 |
[20:08] | You don’t say. | 真的吗? |
[20:12] | You’re really helping me out with this, buddy. | 你真的帮了我大忙,兄弟 |
[20:14] | – Kids are gonna be so thrilled. – Yeah, yeah. | – 孩子们肯一定会高兴的 – 是啊,是啊 |
[20:17] | You really cashed in on that favour pretty quick. | – 希望你快点兑现你的承诺 |
[20:20] | Remember, you are a king. You must project a royal bearing. | 记住,你是个国王,拿出国王的风度来 |
[20:23] | Oh, I’m going to give you a royal bearing. | 好吧,你会看到我的国王风度的 |
[20:26] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Let me get a pack of gum. | 等下,买包口香糖 |
[20:30] | Can I get a pack of gum, please? | 请给我包口香糖 |
[20:34] | I beg your pardon, Your Majesty… | 恳请您的原谅,至高无上的国王… |
[20:36] | …but we don’t accept bills with lipstick on the president. | …我们不接受总统嘴上打口红的钞票 |
[20:39] | What? | 什么? |
[20:43] | So I had it all along. How do you like that? | 这么说,我一直把他带在身上? |
[20:46] | I guess I owe that cashier an apology. | 我得向那个收银员道歉 |
[20:52] | Oh, my God. | 呃,老天 |
[20:55] | No, no, Deena, it’s not what you think. | 等等,等等,蒂娜,不是你想的那样 |
[20:57] | This isn’t mine. I got it from the Institute. | 这不是我的,是从收藏协会借的 |
[21:00] | The Institute! | 收藏协会! |
[21:13] | Mr. Haarwood. | 哈里伍德先生 |
[21:14] | Well, you certainly know how to dress for a premiere. | 您的穿戴真适合今天的首映式 |
[21:16] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:18] | – Where is your friend, King Henry? – He ran away. | – 你的朋友亨利・金在哪? – 他走开了 |
[21:22] | – Hey, Kramer. – Let me talk to you. | – 嗨, 克莱默 – 有话跟你说 |
[21:25] | You know, that button looks very familiar. | 那个扣子有点眼熟 |
[21:28] | Yes, it’s antique ivory. | 是啊,它是古董象牙的 |
[21:30] | I think that’s my button. | 我觉得它是我的扣子 |
[21:31] | You know, I’ve been looking all over for it. | 我一直在到处找它 |
[21:33] | – Did you find it here? – It was in the lost and found. | – 你在这儿捡的? – 在失物招领处 |
[21:36] | – Shall I undo it? – Yes, of course. | – 我可以把它拿下来吗? – 当然可以 |
[21:37] | – Oh, thank you. – I’m a little ticklish. | – 谢谢 – 有点痒 |
[21:41] | Tickle, tickle. | 痒,痒 |
[21:43] | We really gotta get that Elaine a boyfriend. | 我们真该给伊莲找个男朋友啦 |
[21:45] | Oh, tell me about it. | 呃,谁告诉我怎么回事? |