时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I love it when people are complimented on their clothes. | 真有趣,当人们因为衣着而 受到恭维时 |
[00:05] | And they accept the compliment as if it was about them. | 他们总是欣然接受 好像被称赞的是他本人 |
[00:08] | Nice tie. Well, thank you. Thank you very much. | 领带不错 谢谢,多谢夸奖 |
[00:11] | The compliment is for the tie. It’s not for you. But we take it. | 那称赞的是领带,不是你本人 可我们理所当然的笑纳了 |
[00:16] | And that’s the job of clothes. To get compliments for us. | 衣服的作用就是帮你赢得恭维 |
[00:20] | Because it’s very hard to get compliments… | 接受现实吧 在品格上层面 |
[00:22] | …based on your human qualities. Right? Let’s face it. | 你是很难赢得到赞誉的 |
[00:25] | No matter how nice you are, nobody is gonna say: | 不是吗? 不管你有多好,没人会说 |
[00:28] | “Hey, nice person.” | “嗨,真是好人” |
[00:30] | It’s much easier to be a bastard and just try and match the colours up. | 还不如当个体面的混蛋更容易 |
[00:39] | Oh, look at this. | 哦,看看这个 |
[00:42] | Boy. Oh, I miss the days when they made toys that could kill a kid. | 好怀念那些玩具陪我度过的童年 |
[00:47] | Oh, cool. Look at that. | 噢,好酷 看那个 |
[00:49] | Yeah, I’m right there with you. | 没错,深有同感 |
[00:51] | That is a Schwinn Sting-Ray. And it’s the girls’ model. | 那是施温・ 雷刺自行车 是女士款 |
[00:56] | Oh, I always wanted one of these when I was little. | 我小时候一直梦想能拥有一辆 |
[00:59] | What do you think, Jerry? | 你觉得呢,杰瑞? |
[01:02] | Jerry. What do you think? | 杰瑞, 觉得怎么样? |
[01:05] | Oh, yeah, it would be great for your paper route. | 噢,是啊 你可以骑着送报纸 |
[01:08] | I love it. I’m getting it. | 我太喜欢了,我要买了 |
[01:10] | Can you help me get it down, Jerr? Jerry. | 帮我拿下来好吗,杰瑞?杰瑞! |
[01:13] | – Your friend needs some help. – The only way to really help her… | – 你朋友叫你帮忙 – 她唯一需要的帮助… |
[01:16] | …is to just let her be. | 就是别理她 |
[01:26] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[01:33] | – A little baby girl? – Doctor says it could be any day now. | – 是个女孩? – 医生说随时可能临盆 |
[01:37] | So, Carrie, you and Susan are cousins. | 那么,卡利 你和苏珊是表亲 |
[01:42] | So your baby daughter is gonna be Susan’s second cousin, right? | 所以,你小女儿将会是苏珊 的叔伯表亲,对吗? |
[01:45] | – So, what does that make me? – It doesn’t make you anything. | – 那她和我什么关系? – 没关系 |
[01:49] | Well, so, legally, I could marry your daughter. | 所以,法律上 我可以和你女儿结婚 |
[01:59] | So have you picked out a name yet? | 给孩子取名了吗? |
[02:01] | Well, we’ve narrowed it down to a few. | 恩,我们选了几个 |
[02:03] | We like Kimberly. | 我们比较喜欢“金佰利” |
[02:05] | Oh, boy. | 嚯,老弟 |
[02:07] | You don’t like Kimberly? | 金佰利 不好吗? |
[02:11] | – What else you got? – How about Joan? | – 还有什么其他的? – “琼”怎么样? |
[02:13] | – Come on, I’m eating here. – George. | – 别这样,我在吃饭 – 乔治 |
[02:16] | – Pamela? | – Pamela? – 帕梅拉呢? – 帕梅拉? |
[02:19] | All right. I’ll tell you what. | 好吧,让我告诉你 |
[02:21] | You look like nice people. I’m gonna help you out. | 看你们人不错,我来帮帮你 |
[02:24] | You want a beautiful name? Soda. | 想要个好听的名字? “苏打” |
[02:29] | – What? – Soda. | – 什么? – 苏打 |
[02:31] | S-O-D-A. Soda. | 苏-打,苏打 |
[02:33] | I don’t know. It sounds a little strange. | 我说不清,听起来有点怪 |
[02:36] | All names sound strange the first time you hear them. | 所有的名字第一次听 都有点怪 |
[02:38] | Are you telling me people loved the name Blanche… | 你不是想告诉我 人们第一次听 布兰奇 |
[02:41] | …the first time they heard it? | 就喜欢这个名字吧 |
[02:43] | – Yeah, but Soda? – Yeah, that’s right. | – 这倒是,不过 苏打? – 不错,这就对了 |
[02:46] | – It’s working. – We’ll put it on the list. | – 很好听 – 我们会考虑的 |
[02:49] | I solve problems. That’s just what I do. | 问题解决了 我就是来解决问题的 |
[02:57] | Yeah, let’s look at that boy. | 耶,看看那个男孩 |
[03:00] | That’s good. | 真不错 |
[03:01] | You’re going to town with that turkey. | 你要带这些没用的东西 去镇上吗? |
[03:03] | Oh, yeah. I got a big appetite. | 是啊,我胃口很好 |
[03:07] | Oh, Jerry. You got no mustard. | 噢,杰瑞,没芥末酱吗? |
[03:09] | – It’s on the door. – What, this yellow stuff? | – 在门上 – 什么,这个黄东西吗? |
[03:12] | No, I said, mustard, Jerry. Dijon. | 我说的是芥末酱,杰瑞 第戎芥末酱 |
[03:15] | I still wanna do it. | 没有也没关系 |
[03:18] | No. | 不 |
[03:22] | That’s bush league. No. | 这个不够劲,不 |
[03:24] | Hey, wait. You’re just gonna leave it there? | 嘿,等等,你要把 这个烂摊子留给我吗? |
[03:26] | – It’s half a pound of turkey. – I can’t eat that. | – 足足有半磅的垃圾 – 我没法吃 |
[03:28] | You can’t eat a sandwich without Dijon. | 吃三明治不能没有芥末酱 |
[03:30] | Yeah, you’re right. I really should keep more of your favourites on hand. | 是啊,没错,怪我没把你 的芥末准备好 |
[03:34] | Hey, hey, hey. I’m getting a vibe here. | 嘿,嘿,嘿 我觉得你有情绪 |
[03:39] | What, are you unhappy with our arrangement? | 你对我们的潜规则有不满吗? |
[03:42] | What arrangement? | 什么规则? |
[03:43] | I was under the impression that I could take anything I wanted… | 我以为我们可以分享 |
[03:46] | …from your fridge. You take whatever from mine. | 彼此方冰箱里的任何东西 |
[03:49] | Let me know when you get something in there, and I will. | 那你告诉我你冰箱里 还有什么东西? |
[03:53] | – Oh, hey. – Hey. | – 欧,嗨 – 嗨 |
[03:54] | Hey. What’s with your neck? | 嗨,你脖子怎么了? |
[03:58] | It’s still killing me from having to get that bike off the wall… | 都是为了从墙上取自行车… |
[04:02] | …by myself. | 靠我自己 |
[04:03] | Well, if it’s any consolation, I did get her number. | 好吧,如果这能让你好受点 我拿到了她的电话 |
[04:06] | I think I really strained it. | 我想我真的扭到了 |
[04:08] | Oh, I doubt you strained it. Maybe you pulled it. | 噢,也许不是扭的 也许是拉伤? |
[04:11] | – Maybe. – Did you twist it? | – 也许吧 – 你拧脖子了吗? |
[04:12] | – You could have twisted it? – I don’t know. | – 有可能是拧到了吗? – 不知道 |
[04:14] | Did you wrench it? Did you jam it? | 你用力绞了吗? 或者用力挤压了吗? |
[04:16] | – Maybe you squeezed it and turned it? – Why don’t you… | – 也许你脖子是被挤压后扭的 – 你为什么不能… |
[04:19] | …just shut the hell up. – All right. | – 闭嘴 – 好吧 |
[04:22] | God, man, this is killing me. | 老天,简直痛死我了 |
[04:24] | I would give that bike to the person who could make this pain go away. | 谁能替我减轻痛楚 我宁愿把自行车送他 |
[04:28] | – You’re really hurting, huh? – Oh, Kramer, it’s just awful. | – 真的很痛,是吧? – 噢,克莱默, 简直痛极了 |
[04:32] | Well, you’re arterioles have constricted. | 你的经脉受阻 |
[04:34] | All right, lean forward. Relax. | 好了,向前倾,放松 |
[04:36] | – What? What? – Encounter shiatsu. | – 什么,干什么? – 试试指压按摩 |
[04:38] | Wait a minute. You know what you’re doing? | 等下,你知道你在做什么吗? |
[04:40] | Oh, yeah. A wise man once taught me the healing power… | 哦,当然,一位大师以前教过我 |
[04:44] | …of the body’s natural pressure points. | 身体穴位的治疗方法 |
[04:47] | He sells T-shirts near the World Trade Center. | 他在世贸附近卖体恤 |
[04:50] | He’s a genius. | 他是个天才 |
[04:52] | Here we go. | Here we go. 跟着我的手,跟着我 |
[04:53] | All right, from pain will come pleasure. | 忍一下,马上就好 你瞧~ |
[05:00] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. | – 哦,天哪 – 是啊 |
[05:02] | Wow, that is unbelievable. | 真不敢相信 |
[05:06] | That pain is totally gone. | 完全不痛了 |
[05:08] | What’s even more amazing is his formal training is in paediatrics. | 更让人吃惊的是 他受的是儿科培训 |
[05:13] | All right. My work is done here. | 没错,我是受的儿科培训 |
[05:14] | Oh, man. Kramer, thank you. | 哦,克莱默,谢谢你 |
[05:17] | – You can send that bike over any time. – What? | – 你方便时把车送过来 – 什么? |
[05:20] | – What is he talking about? – I don’t know. | – 他在说什么? – 不知道 |
[05:22] | You said you’d give the bike to whoever fixes your neck. | 你说过谁能治好你的脖子 就把自行车送给他 |
[05:25] | – You really think he wants the bike? – Oh, yeah. | – 你觉得他真想要吗? – 是的 |
[05:27] | But it took him like 10 seconds. | 可他就花了10秒钟 |
[05:29] | Well, that’s the most he’s worked in the last four months. | 哦,那是他这四个月里 最长的一次工作 |
[05:36] | – I think they really went for that Soda. – What are you, crazy? | -我觉得他们肯定会用“苏打”这个名字的 – 你怎么了,疯了吗? |
[05:39] | They hated it. They were just humouring you. | 他们讨厌这个名字 只是不想让你尴尬 |
[05:41] | All right. Very good. Believe me. | 好了,好了,相信我 |
[05:44] | – That kid’s going to be called Soda. – I can tell you… | – 那个孩子肯定会叫“苏打”的 – 我要告诉你… |
[05:46] | …I would never name my child Soda. | 我决不会让我的孩子叫“苏打”的 |
[05:48] | Oh, no, no, no. No, of course not. | 噢,不不不,当然不会 |
[05:51] | I got a great name for our kids, a real original. | 我为我孩子准备了一个特棒的名字 特有创意 |
[05:53] | You wanna hear what it is? Are you ready? | 想听吗?准备好听了吗? |
[05:56] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[05:59] | – What is that, sign language? – No. | – 什么?符号语言吗? – 不 |
[06:02] | Seven. | 七 |
[06:04] | Seven Costanza. You’re serious? | 七・克斯坦萨,你当真吗? |
[06:07] | Yeah, it’s a beautiful name for a boy or a girl. | 是的,这是个好名字,男女都适合 |
[06:09] | – Especially a girl. Or a boy. – I don’t think so. | – 尤其是女孩,男孩也可以 – 我不这样想 |
[06:13] | – What, you don’t like the name? – It’s not a name. It’s a number. | – 什么,你不喜欢这个名字? – 这不是名字,这是个数字 |
[06:16] | I know. It’s Mickey Mantle’s number. | 我知道,这是米奇・曼托的号码 (注:著名的棒球运动员) |
[06:18] | So not only is it an all-around beautiful name… | 所以这不仅是个很好听的名字 |
[06:21] | …it is also a living tribute. – It’s awful. I hate it. | – 也是对他的追念 – 蠢到家了,我讨厌这个名字 |
[06:25] | – Well, that’s the name. – Oh, no it is not. | – 好了,就是这个名字 – 不,不可能 |
[06:28] | No child of mine is ever going to be named Seven. | 我的孩子绝不会叫“七”的 |
[06:31] | All right. Let’s just stay calm here. | 行了,我们都冷静下 |
[06:33] | Don’t get all crazy on me. | 不要逼我发疯 |
[06:37] | Seven? Yeah, I guess I could see it. | 七?是阿,我想我能理解 |
[06:39] | Seven. Seven periods of school. Seven beatings a day. | 七…学校一天七节课,一天敲7次钟 (注:古罗马计时法,下同) |
[06:43] | Roughly seven stitches a beating, and, eventually, seven years to life. | 敲一次差不多转七圈 最后还有,七岁看到老 |
[06:47] | You’re doing that child quite a service. | 嗨,你给你孩子做了件了不起的事 |
[06:48] | Yes, I am. | 没错,是这样的 |
[06:50] | I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven. | 我敢说你找不到更好的名字了 |
[06:53] | All right. Let’s see. | 是吗,我看看 |
[06:54] | How about Mug? | 杯子 怎么样? |
[06:57] | Mug Costanza. | 杯子・ 克斯坦萨 |
[06:59] | That’s original. | 有创意吧 |
[07:00] | – Ketchup. Pretty name for a girl. – Right. You having a good time? | – 番茄酱 呢,很美的女孩名 – 够了,你玩够了吗? |
[07:03] | I got 50 right here in the cupboard. How about Bisquick? | 我能在橱柜里找出50个名字 煎饼粉 怎么样? |
[07:06] | Pimento? Gherkin? Sauce? | 甘椒?黄瓜?酱油? |
[07:10] | – Maxwell House? – All right, already. | – 麦氏咖啡? – 好了,够了 |
[07:14] | This is a very key issue with me, Jerry. | 我在说正经事,杰瑞 |
[07:16] | I had this name for a long time. | 我花了很多时间想出这个名字 |
[07:17] | Oh, I forgot to call Christie. | 噢,忘了给克里斯蒂打电话 |
[07:19] | That’s the one you met in the store? | 就是你在店遇到的那个姑娘? |
[07:20] | She had this great black and white dress with a scoop neck. | 她穿着件黑白相间的长裙 有着U字领 |
[07:23] | She looked like some kind of superhero. | 就像女超人 |
[07:25] | And you met her in an antique store. I don’t know how you do it. | 你在古董店碰到她的 我不懂你怎么做到的 |
[07:28] | I’m not engaged. | 我可没订婚 |
[07:32] | – I got it. – Got what? | – 找到了 – 找到什么? |
[07:34] | I got the answer, Jerry. Refrigerator problem is solved. | 找到解决冰箱问题的方法了,杰瑞 |
[07:37] | Oh, it’s no problem. You can take whatever you want. | 哦,无所谓了,你要什么随便拿 |
[07:40] | I will. But now I’m accountable. | 我会的,但现在我会记在账上 |
[07:42] | All right, I take what I want. Here. | 我拿走我需要的 |
[07:44] | And I write it down. | 然后写下来 |
[07:45] | One cupcake. | 一块蛋糕 |
[07:48] | And then I put it in the bowl. | 然后放进瓶子里 |
[07:50] | There. Very simple. | 很简单 |
[07:53] | – Sort of a mooching inventory. – No, not mooching. | – 就像是“揩油清单” – 不,不是揩油 |
[07:58] | Because at the end of the week you add them. | 因为当周末你去补充存货时 |
[08:00] | – And you give me the bill. – All right. | – 可以把账单给我 – 好吧 |
[08:01] | Look, I gotta run some errands. | 现在我要出去办点事 |
[08:03] | When Elaine comes by with that bike, hang on to it for me. | 伊莲过来送自行车时,代我收下 |
[08:06] | Kramer, I don’t know if you’re getting that bike. | 克莱默我不确定她会否送来 |
[08:08] | Oh, yes, I am. We had a verbal contract. | 哦,肯定会的 我们有过口头协定 |
[08:11] | If we can’t take each other at our word, all is lost. | 如果不能信守承诺 那还能做什么呢? |
[08:15] | Oh, yeah, yeah, put that on my tab. | 哦,没关系,这个算我的 |
[08:21] | Well, this is it. The food is atrocious. | 就是这儿了 这里食物虽然糟糕 |
[08:23] | But the busboys are the best in the city. | 可服务可是镇上一流的 |
[08:26] | – May I take your coat, miss? – Yes, thank you. | – 小姐,能帮你拿大衣吗? – 好的,谢谢 |
[08:38] | – The same outfit? – The exact same outfit. | – 一样的装束? – 一模一样 |
[08:41] | – How many days between encounters? – Three. | – 距你上次见她有几天了? – 3天 |
[08:43] | Three days. Well, maybe you caught her on the cusp of a new wash cycle. | 3天阿,也许她的衣服已经洗过一轮 |
[08:48] | You know, she did laundry the day after she met you. | 在碰见你的后一天 她刚好洗衣服 |
[08:51] | Everything got clean. She started all over again. | 衣服洗干净后 再开始换穿新的一轮 |
[08:53] | Possibly. But then shouldn’t the outfit only reappear at the end of the cycle? | 也许吧,可这套衣服不该 仅在每轮循环的最后再出现么? |
[08:58] | Maybe she moved it up in the rotation. | 也许在这轮循环中被提前了 |
[09:01] | Why? It’s our first date. She’s already in reruns. | 为什么?这是我们第一次约会 她已经撞衫了 |
[09:06] | – Very curious. – Indeed. | – 很奇怪 – 的确 |
[09:08] | Einstein wore the exact same outfit every day. | 爱因斯坦每天都穿一样的衣服 |
[09:10] | Well, if she splits the atom, I’ll let it slide. | 好吧,如果她也能让原子分裂 我就不深究了 |
[09:15] | – All right. I’m heading home. – Did Susan change her mind… | – 好了,我要回家了 – 苏珊改变主意了吗… |
[09:18] | …about the name? – Not yet, but she’s weakening. | – 关于哪个名字的? – 还没,不过开始动摇了 |
[09:20] | Just because your life is destroyed… | 就因为你的生活被毁了… |
[09:22] | …don’t destroy someone else’s. | 别再毁了别人的生活 |
[09:24] | It’s Mickey Mantle, Jerry. My idol. | 嗨,我们说的是米奇・曼托 杰瑞,我的偶像 |
[09:27] | – How about Mickey? – Mickey? | – 那米奇怎么样? – 米奇? |
[09:30] | Mickey… | 米奇… |
[09:38] | – Is this your half a can of soda? – Nope, that’s yours. | – 这半罐汽水是你的吗? -不,是你的 |
[09:41] | My half is gone. | 我的一半已经喝了 |
[09:46] | – What? – Yeah. | – 什么? – 没错 |
[09:47] | I put my half a can here in the tab. | 我在纸条上记下了我的半罐 |
[09:50] | – Why? What’s your beef? – You cannot buy half a can of soda. | – 怎么了?有什么问题? – 你不能只买半罐汽水 |
[09:54] | – Well, why not? – I don’t wanna get into the physics of it. | – 为什么不能? – 我并是不要斤斤计较 |
[09:57] | But you know the sound a can makes when you open it? | 可当你拉开这个易拉罐 |
[10:00] | – Yeah. – That is the sound… | – 是阿 – 那也就意味着… |
[10:01] | …of you buying a whole can. | 你买下了一整罐 |
[10:03] | And the same goes for this. Okay? | 这个也一样,明白吗? |
[10:06] | When you pierce the skin of a piece of fruit, you’ve bought the whole fruit. | 当你咬了一口 也就意味着你要买下整个苹果 |
[10:10] | Not a third of an apple. Not a half of a banana. | 而不是三分之一个苹果 也不是半根香蕉 |
[10:13] | – All right. – You bite it, you bought it. | -好吧 – 你咬了口,就得买下来 |
[10:15] | All right. I’ll make the necessary adjustments. | 好吧,我会为此做些必要的修正 |
[10:17] | – All right. – Thank you. | – 好了吧 – 谢谢 |
[10:19] | Oh, so how’s the neck? | 哦,你脖子怎么样了? |
[10:21] | Nice and loose? | 很好很轻松吗? |
[10:23] | Lookit, Kramer, you are not getting this bike. | 听着,克莱默 我不会给你自行车 |
[10:25] | I don’t even know why you want it. I mean, it’s a girls’ bike. | 我都不知道你要来干嘛? 我是说,那是辆女式车 |
[10:29] | It’s a verbal contract. We had a deal. | 我们是有口头协议的 |
[10:31] | No, we didn’t. | 不,我们没有 |
[10:32] | You take these things too literally. | 你不能仅照字面理解 |
[10:34] | It’s like saying you’re hungry enough to eat horse. | 就好像说:“你饿得连马都吃得下” |
[10:37] | Well my friend Jay Riemenschneider eats horse all the time. | 我朋友杰伊・里门施奈德 一直都吃马肉 |
[10:40] | He gets it from his butcher. | 他从屠宰店买的 |
[10:43] | This is not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[10:45] | The point is, you just can’t have the bike. | 重点是你不能拿走那辆车 |
[10:48] | Boy, I am really surprised at you. | 你真让我吃惊 |
[10:51] | You are the last person I figured would do something like this. | 你是我以为最不可能干这种事的人 |
[10:54] | I mean, George, yeah, I can see that. Even Jerry. | 如果是乔治,我能想象 即使是杰瑞,我也能 |
[10:58] | But not you, Elaine. I always put you up here. | 可不是你,伊莲 你在我心目中一直高高在上 |
[11:01] | They’re over here. | 他们全在这儿 |
[11:04] | Now you’re all: | 现在你们全这样了 |
[11:12] | – All right. – Yeah. | – 好了 – 没错 |
[11:19] | Come on. It’s a fantastic name. | 别这样,那是个绝妙的名字 |
[11:21] | It’s a real original. Nobody else is gonna have it. And I absolutely love it. | 绝对新颖,没人会想到 我真的爱死它了 |
[11:25] | Well, I don’t know how original it’s gonna be. | 我可不觉得那有多新颖? |
[11:28] | – Why not? – Well, I was telling Carrie… | – 为什么不? – 我给卡利讲了… |
[11:30] | …about our argument. And when I told them the name, they just loved it. | 我们的分歧,当他们听到那个名字 就立刻喜欢上了 |
[11:34] | – So, what are you saying? – They’re naming their baby Seven. | – 你什么意思? – 他们要给他们孩子取名叫“七” |
[11:39] | What? They’re stealing the name? | 什么?他们偷了我想的名字 |
[11:41] | That’s my name. I made it up. | 那是我的名字,我想出来的 |
[11:42] | I can’t believe they’re using it. | 我也想不到他们会喜欢 |
[11:44] | Now, it’s not gonna be original. | 现在,那还有 |
[11:46] | It’s gonna lose all its cachet. | 完全失去独特性了 |
[11:48] | I don’t know how much cachet it had to begin with. | 开始我就没觉得那有多独特 |
[11:50] | Oh, it’s got cachet, baby. | 噢,独特得很,宝贝 |
[11:51] | It’s got cachet up the ying-yang. | 它纪念了伟大球星 |
[11:59] | Oh, God. | 哦,天哪 |
[12:02] | Oh, God. | 哦,老天 |
[12:06] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[12:13] | Watch your step. | 注意脚下 |
[12:18] | Oh, stupid Kramer. | 哦,克莱默个蠢货 |
[12:19] | Excuse me, Elaine. | 你好,伊莲 |
[12:22] | Over here. | 在这儿 |
[12:24] | I thought that was you. You’re Jerry’s friend. | 我想我认识你 你是杰瑞的朋友 |
[12:26] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是阿,是啊 |
[12:28] | – Christie? – Yes, how you doing? | – 克里斯蒂? – 是我,你好吗? |
[12:31] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[12:33] | Well, I gotta run. It was good to see you. | 好了,我得走了 很高兴见到你 |
[12:35] | Okay. It was good to… | 好的,很高兴… |
[12:38] | Good to see you. | 见到你 |
[12:41] | – Looking good. – Hey, Cosmo. | – 真帅 – 嗨, 帅呆了 |
[12:43] | – Nice wheels. – You got that right. | – 真是辆好车 – 你说对了 |
[12:46] | – Hey, you’re riding a girls’ bike. – Kramer. | – 嗨,你骑的是女式车 – 克莱默 |
[12:49] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[12:54] | – Hello. – Hello, Ken. | – 谁阿 – 你好,肯 |
[12:56] | It’s George Costanza. | 我是乔治・克斯坦萨 |
[12:58] | I think we need to talk. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[13:01] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[13:04] | – Kramer! – Hey. | – 克莱默! – 嗨 |
[13:07] | God. Is Kramer back from his little joyride yet? | 天哪,克莱默骑车兜风 回来了吗? |
[13:10] | – Haven’t seen him. How’s the neck? – His chiropractic job was a crock. | – 还没有,你脖子怎么了? – 他的指压法完全是瞎搞 |
[13:13] | I mean, it’s even worse than it was before. | 脖子比之前更严重了 |
[13:16] | I’d think Kramer would have a knack… | 我还以为克莱默真会什么… |
[13:18] | …for moving a person’s spine around. | 指压按摩的秘籍呢 |
[13:21] | Hey, you know what? | 嗨,知道吗? |
[13:23] | I think I ran into that girl from the antique store. | 我刚才碰见了那个在 古董店的姑娘 |
[13:25] | – What’s her name, Christie? – You saw her? What was she wearing? | – 叫什么来着,克里斯蒂? – 你看见她了?她穿着什么衣服? |
[13:30] | I don’t know. I couldn’t see. I couldn’t look down… | 不知道,我没看见 因为我的脖子… |
[13:33] | …because of my neck. – Didn’t you get a glimpse? | – 我没法向下看 – 你没有瞥一眼吗? |
[13:35] | – An impression? – What do you care? | – 没印象吗? – 你在担心些什么? |
[13:37] | Both times I’ve seen her, she’s worn the same dress. | 我两次见她 她都穿一样的衣服 |
[13:44] | – Did you have a nice ride? – Oh, great ride. | – 骑得很开心吧? – 哦,很开心 |
[13:47] | Oh, that’s good, because it was your last. | 那很好 因为这是你最后一次骑了 |
[13:52] | What are you talking about? We had a deal. | 你在说些什么?我们有协议的 |
[13:54] | You gotta give me back that bike. Look at this! Look! | 你得把车还给我 看看我脖子,看看 |
[13:57] | I couldn’t even crawl out of bed this morning. | 今早我差点都起不了床了 |
[13:59] | Bed? You should be sleeping on a wooden board for at least a week. | 床?你应该至少睡上一周的木板 |
[14:02] | – What? You never told me that. – Well, it’s common sense. | – 什么? 你从没说过这些 – 好了,这是常识 |
[14:05] | What is he talking about? He’s being ridiculous. | 看看他在说什么?真荒谬 |
[14:08] | Look, Jerry, you know the whole story. | 杰瑞,你了解来龙去脉 |
[14:09] | – You should settle this. – Yeah. | – 你来为我们主持公道 – 是阿 |
[14:11] | I’m flattered you’d appeal to my wisdom. | 我很高兴你们相信我的判断 |
[14:13] | But, unfortunately, my friendship to each of you… | 可不幸的是 我对你们俩的友谊… |
[14:15] | …precludes my getting involved. | 不允许我干涉这件事 |
[14:17] | What you need is an impartial mediator. | 你们需要的是找个 公平的仲裁人 |
[14:20] | Yeah, I’d go for that. Would you go for that? | 好阿,我会去的 你同意吗? |
[14:22] | All right, I’m down. | 好吧,我同意 |
[14:25] | It would have to be someone who hasn’t heard the story. | 要找个不知道事情经过的人 |
[14:27] | Someone who is unencumbered by any emotional attachment. | 找个不带任何感情倾向的人 |
[14:31] | Someone whose heart is so dark… | 找个有心肠够硬的人… |
[14:32] | …it cannot be swayed by pity, emotion or human compassion of any kind. | 不会被同情,怜悯 这些情感所动摇 |
[14:37] | So that’s the situation. | 这就是全部事情经过 |
[14:40] | You present an interesting dilemma. | 你们展示了一个两难的抉择 |
[14:44] | Each of you seemingly has a legitimate claim to the bicycle. | 看起来你们俩中任何一个都对 自行车有合理的诉求 |
[14:47] | And yet the bicycle can have only one rightful owner. | 但自行车只有一个正当的主人 |
[14:52] | Quite the conundrum. | 相当棘手阿 |
[14:54] | As a federal employee, I believe the law is all we have. | 作为联邦雇员 我相信法律的权威性 |
[14:58] | It’s all that separates us from the savages… | 它是区分我们和野蛮人的标志 |
[15:00] | …who don’t deserve the privilege of mail. | 那些人根本不配有 发邮件的权限 |
[15:02] | Stuffing parcels in mailboxes, where they don’t belong. | 老是把邮包塞进别人的邮箱 |
[15:05] | Newman! | 纽曼! |
[15:10] | But you must promise that you will abide by my decision… | 但是,你们必须保证会 遵守我的裁决… |
[15:15] | …no matter how unjust it may seem to either of you. | 无论它看起来对你们 其中之一多么不公平 |
[15:19] | Do I have your word? | 你们同意吗? |
[15:21] | – All right, yeah. – Yeah. | – 好的,同意 – 同意 |
[15:23] | All right. Let’s begin. | 好吧,我们开始 |
[15:27] | My cocoa. | 我的巧克力 |
[15:29] | Why can’t we use Seven? | 为什么我们不能用“七”? |
[15:31] | It’s my name. I made it up. You can’t just steal it. | 这是我想出来的名字 你们不能就这么偷去了 |
[15:34] | Well, it’s not as if Susan’s pregnant. | 好了,这好像不是苏珊怀孕 |
[15:37] | You already postponed the wedding. Who knows if you’ll get married. | 你已经推迟了婚礼 谁知道你们会不会结婚? |
[15:40] | Hey, hey, don’t worry about me. I’m not a waffler. I don’t waffle. | 嘿嘿,别担心我 我可不个失言的人,从不失言 |
[15:43] | Look, we’re both big Mickey Mantle fans. | 我们都是米奇・曼托球迷 |
[15:45] | And we love the name. It’s very unusual. | 我们都爱这个名字 这很正常 |
[15:47] | What happened to Soda? I thought we all agreed on Soda. | 苏打 怎么不好了 我想我们都同意苏打的 |
[15:50] | – We don’t care for Soda. – You don’t care for Soda? | -我们不喜欢 苏打 – 你们不喜欢 苏打 ? |
[15:52] | No, no. We don’t like Soda at all. | 不,不,我们一点都不喜欢 苏打 |
[15:54] | How do you not like Soda? It’s bubbly. It’s refreshing. | 你们怎么就不喜欢 苏打 呢? 它清爽提神,冒着气泡 |
[15:57] | – What is it? – I felt something. | – 怎么了? – 有动静 |
[15:59] | – Are you okay? – I’m going into labour. | – 你怎么了? – 我要分娩了 |
[16:01] | Oh, God. Okay, let’s not panic. Let’s just get to the hospital. | 哦,天哪,别紧张 我们这就去医院 |
[16:04] | – Okay. – I got the suitcase packed right here. | – 好的 – 我拿上手提箱 |
[16:06] | – Let’s go. – What about Six? | – 我们走 – 六 怎么样呢? |
[16:09] | Nine? Thirteen? Thirteen is no good. | 九 呢?十三呢 ? 十三不好 |
[16:11] | Fourteen. Fourteen. | 十四 呢?十四 |
[16:19] | Are you okay, Jerry? You seem quiet. | 你还好么,杰瑞? 怎么不说话 |
[16:21] | No, I’m just a little worn-out. | 哦,我只是有点累 |
[16:24] | – I know exactly what you mean. – Oh, I’m sure you do. | – 我懂你的意思 – 嗯,你肯定懂 |
[16:27] | What in God’s name is going on here? | 老天阿,究竟怎么回事? |
[16:30] | Is she wearing the same thing over and over again? | 她究竟是总穿一件衣服 |
[16:32] | Or does she have a closet full of these lik e Superman? | 还是她有一柜子超人服装 |
[16:35] | I’ve got to unlock this mystery. | 我一定要解开这个谜题 |
[16:37] | Oh, my God. | 噢,见鬼 |
[16:40] | I can’t go to the movies like this. | 我不能就这样去电影院 |
[16:44] | Do you mind if we go back to my apartment so I can change? | 你介意我回公寓换套衣服吗? |
[16:47] | Change? Yes, I think that’s a super idea. | 换衣服?是的,真是个好主意 |
[16:53] | – Are we almost there? – Just keep breathing, okay? | – 我们快到了吗? – 保持深呼吸,好吗? |
[16:56] | – Okay, okay. – Okay. | – 好的,好的 – 好了 |
[16:58] | You know, the thing is, I kind of promised the widow Mantle… | 知道吗,其实是我答应了 曼托的遗孀… |
[17:02] | …that I would name my baby Seven. | 用“七”作为我孩子的名字 |
[17:04] | Now’s not the best time, George. | 现在不是谈这个,乔治 |
[17:08] | It’s just that I know her. And, boy… | 就因为我认识她… |
[17:11] | George, she’s in labour. | 乔治,她要分娩了很辛苦 |
[17:13] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[17:18] | Well, you both presented very convincing arguments. | 好了,双方的理由 都很有说服力 |
[17:23] | On the one hand, Elaine… | 一方面,伊莲… |
[17:26] | …your promise was given in haste. | 你的承诺草率了点 |
[17:28] | But was it not still a promise? | 可那仍然算是承诺,对吗? |
[17:32] | And, Kramer, you did provide a service in exchange for compensation. | 你克莱默, 你提供了服务作为交换 |
[17:37] | But does the fee, once paid, not entitle the buyer… | 可客户在付了酬金后 难道不该有权 |
[17:41] | …to some assurance of reliability? | 要求某种可靠性保障吗? |
[17:46] | These were not easy questions to answer. | 这个问题可不容易解决 |
[17:50] | Not for any man. | 对任何人都不是 |
[17:52] | But I have made a decision. | 但我已经有了决定 |
[17:55] | We will cut the bike down the middle… | 我们把这辆车从中间切开… |
[17:58] | …and give half to each of you. | 你们一人一半 |
[18:00] | What? This is your solution? | 什么?这就是你的办法? |
[18:03] | To ruin the bike? | 毁了自行车 |
[18:04] | All right. Fine, fine. Go ahead. | 很好,好,好 继续吧 |
[18:07] | – Cut the stupid thing in half. – No, no, no. Give it to her. | – 把那辆蠢车切成两半 – 不不不,把车给她吧 |
[18:10] | I’d rather it belong to another than see it destroyed. | 我宁愿那辆车属于别人 也不愿意看到它被毁掉 |
[18:13] | Newman, give it to her. I beg you. | 纽曼,把车给她吧 我恳求你 |
[18:15] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Not so fast, Elaine. | – 好阿,好阿 – 别急,伊莲 |
[18:18] | Only the bike’s true owner… | 只有这辆车真正的主人… |
[18:20] | …would rather give it away than see it come to harm. | 才会宁愿失去它也不愿 看着它受到伤害 |
[18:23] | – Kramer, the bike is yours. – What? | – 克莱默, 车是你的了 – 什么? |
[18:26] | Sweet justice. Newman, you are wise. | 明智的裁决 纽曼,你是个聪明人 |
[18:29] | But this isn’t fair. | 可这不公平 |
[18:30] | Lookit, my neck is still hurting me. And now you have the bike? | 你看看,我的脖子还痛着 可他确得到了自行车 |
[18:34] | Well, tell it to the judge, honey. | 行了,跟法官说去吧,宝贝 |
[18:36] | I’m going for a ride. | 我要骑车出去转转 |
[18:39] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[18:41] | So this is the fortress of solitude. | 这么说这就是“孤独堡垒”了 (注:指漫画中超人的临时总部) |
[18:45] | Well, I guess I’ll go change. | 好了,我进去换衣服了 |
[18:47] | Yes, change. By all means, change. | 没错,换衣服 总是要换的 |
[19:03] | August 17 th, 1992. | 1992年8月17日 |
[19:04] | The same dress. | 又是这件衣服 |
[19:06] | She never changes. Oh, my God. | 我的天,她从没换过 |
[19:09] | She’s gotta have hundreds of these dresses. | 她一定有上百件这种衣服 |
[19:12] | There must be a secret stash around here somewhere. | 一定藏在这什么地方 |
[19:20] | – Are you looking for something? – I thought you were changing. | – 你在找什么吗? – 我以为你去换衣服了 |
[19:23] | You know, maybe we should just call it a night. | 知道吗,也许今晚我们应该 到此为止了 |
[19:25] | No, no, no. Come on. Put something else on. | 不不不,别这样 找件其他衣服穿上 |
[19:28] | It’s early. Let’s go out. | 时间还早,我们还可以出去 |
[19:29] | I think I’m just gonna go to bed. | 我觉得我应该去睡觉了 |
[19:33] | You know, I’m kind of tired myself. I’ll just sleep here on the couch. | 知道吗,我也有点累了 我就睡在这沙发上吧 |
[19:37] | In the morning, we’ll walk out together. Both dressed, different clothes. | 明早,我们一起出门 一起穿着干净衣服 |
[19:40] | I’ll be in the same clothes. | 哦,我还是穿这件 |
[19:42] | You’ll be in different clothes, as it’s your place. | 而你会换件衣服 因为这是你的公寓 |
[19:44] | We’ll go down. Me in my same clothes, you in different clothes. | 我们一块下楼,我穿着这件衣服 而你穿着另一件 |
[19:47] | Jerry, I don’t think so. | 我不这样认为 |
[19:51] | – Wanna throw something on, walk me… | 想要换身衣服送我… |
[19:52] | …to a cab? – Get out. | – 上出租车吗? – 给我出去 |
[19:54] | Tell me what you’re wearing tomorrow. I’ll help you lay it out on the bed. | 告诉我你明天想穿什么 让我帮你参考下吧 |
[19:59] | – Okay, breathe, honey. Breathe. – You’re really being very selfish. | – 好了,深呼吸,宝贝,深呼吸 – 你们真的很自私 |
[20:03] | Be nice if you’d think of someone other than yourself. | 如果你们还认为有其他人 比你们更自私,那就行行好 |
[20:05] | – I’m having a baby. – You’re not getting Seven. | – 我要生了 – 我不会把“ 七” 让给你的 |
[20:08] | – Now, get out of here. – Please, I have so little. | – 现在,给我出去 – 别这样,我什么都没有了 |
[20:10] | – I’m sorry, sir. Family only. – I’m family. | – 抱歉,先生,只有亲属可以进 – 我是亲属 |
[20:12] | I’m having sex with the cousin. | 我和她表妹有关系 |
[20:14] | Seven! Seven! | 七 ! 七 ! |
[20:19] | Hello, Christie. I was wondering if we could get together again. | 喂,克里斯蒂 我想知道我们还能继续交往吗? |
[20:23] | Oh, really? | 阿,真的吗? |
[20:25] | You can’t break up with me over the phone. | 可你不能就用电话跟我分手 |
[20:27] | You gotta do this in person. It doesn’t have to be one-on-one. | 你得当面说 不一定得一对一 |
[20:30] | Bring a group of friends. I just wanna see you. | 可以带些好友 我只是想见见你 |
[20:32] | Don’t hang up on me. Why do you always wear the same dress? Hello? | 别挂电话,为什么你总穿 相同的衣服?喂? |
[20:37] | Jerry, if you’re gonna be snacking on these… | 杰瑞,如果你也要 吃这盒点心… |
[20:39] | …you can’t expect me to pay for the whole box. | 可别指望我付整盒的钱 |
[20:42] | All right, Hobo Joe. | 好吧,霍博・乔 (注:某个热衷旅行和美食的企业家) |
[20:45] | I didn’t wanna put a damper on your smorgasbord. | 我并不想打扰你的自助餐 |
[20:47] | But it’s the end of the week, so I added up your tab. | 可是到周末了 我把你的纸条做了累加 |
[20:52] | I know, pretty steep. | 我知道,数目不小 |
[20:54] | Well, I don’t have this kind of cash. | 呃,我没这么多现金 |
[20:56] | – Few do. – I’m good for it. | – 是几乎没有吧 – 我会付清的 |
[20:59] | Yeah, well, until this bill is paid, the food court is closed. | 是么,那在你付清账单前 食品区对你关闭 |
[21:02] | Closed? All right. | 关闭?好吧 |
[21:05] | I’ll get that money for you in five minutes. And don’t eat any more. | 我马上就拿钱给你 再也不吃你的东西了 |
[21:12] | Hey, that’s my bike. | 嗨,那是我的车 |
[21:16] | – Gangway. – This is my bike. | – 借过 – 这是我的车 |
[21:18] | Oh, no. No, no, no. I bought it from Kramer. | 噢,不不不不 我从克莱默那买过来了 |
[21:21] | He was hard up for cash. | 他急需现金 |
[21:23] | Fifty bucks. Can you believe it? | 你能相信么?就50块 |
[21:26] | I had to make some minor modifications. | 我得做些小小的改造 |
[21:28] | Solid tires, reinforced seat post… | 实心轮胎,加固后座… |
[21:30] | …heavy-duty shocks. But, baby, this is one sweet ride. | …减振负重脚轮 可宝贝,这真是辆好车 |
[21:34] | No, you gotta give me back that bike. Newman, give it. | 不,你得把车还给我 纽曼, 还给我 |
[21:37] | Elaine, Elaine. Help me. Help me. | 伊莲,伊莲 救命,救命 |
[21:39] | Help. Help. Help. | 救命,救命,救命 |