时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I started out working in mortgage bonds, but I just found that so limiting. | 我着手处理抵押合同 但发现这个很有局限性 |
[00:08] | My friend Kramer and I were discussing that the other day. | 前几天我和克莱默也在讨论这个 |
[00:11] | He was with Brandt-Leland for a while. | 他在勃兰特・利兰公司 工作过一段时间 |
[00:15] | Well, then my mentor suggested that I move into equities. | 然后导师建议我转向平衡法 |
[00:18] | Best move I ever made. | 我最好的一次决定 |
[00:20] | – Mentor? You mean your boss? – Oh, no, no, no. | – 导师?你是说你的老板? – 不,不,不 |
[00:22] | Cynthia’s a successful businesswoman… | 辛西娅是个成功的女实业家… |
[00:24] | …who’s taken me under her wing. | …她指导我 |
[00:26] | – So Cynthia’s your mentor? | – And I’m her prot间? – 那辛西娅是你的导师? – 而我是她的徒弟 |
[00:30] | You must have someone like that. | 你一定也有导师 |
[00:32] | You know, who guides you in your career path. | 能在事业上指导你的人 |
[00:34] | Well, I like Gabe Kaplan. | 我欣赏加比・卡普兰(喜剧演员) |
[00:42] | I still don’t understand this. Abby has a mentor? | 我还没听明白,艾比有个导师? |
[00:45] | Yes. And the mentor | advises the prot间? 是的,导师指导徒弟 |
[00:48] | Is there any money involved? | 需要付钱吗? |
[00:50] | – No. – So, what’s in it for the mentor? | – 不需要 – 那当个导师能得到什么? |
[00:53] | Respect, admiration, prestige. | 敬重,钦佩和威望 |
[00:59] | pick up stuff for the mentor? | Would the prot间? 徒弟要给导师做事吗? |
[01:02] | way to the mentor, they might. | I suppose if it was on the prot间?s 如果这是师徒之道,他们会的 |
[01:07] | Laundry? Dry cleaning? | 送洗衣服?干洗? |
[01:09] | It’s not a valet, it’s a prote? 不是服务员,是徒弟 | |
[01:11] | All right. | 也对 |
[01:13] | Listen, I gotta get some reading done. You mind if I do this here? | 我要看书,你介意我在这看吗? |
[01:18] | I can’t concentrate in my apartment. | 我在家里无法集中精神 |
[01:21] | – “Risk management”? – Yeah. | -“《风险管理》”? – 是的 |
[01:23] | Steinbrenner wants everyone in the front office… | 斯坦勃伦纳要每个行政人员… |
[01:25] | …to give a lecture in their area of business expertise. | …作自己商业专门领域的演讲 |
[01:28] | What makes them think you’re a risk-management expert? | 他们怎么会认为你是风险管理专家? |
[01:31] | I guess it’s on my resume? 我想是我简历的缘故吧 | |
[01:37] | – Hello? – Please hold for Elaine Benes. | – 喂? – 稍后请接听伊莲・贝尼斯的电话 |
[01:41] | You know what? I can’t do this. I can’t read books anymore. | 你知道吗?我看不下去了 |
[01:47] | Books on tape have ruined me, Jerry. | 磁带书毁了我 |
[01:49] | I need that nice voice. This book has my voice. I hate my voice. | 我需要磁带那美妙的声音 这本书写得很有我的风格,真讨厌 |
[01:53] | – So get this book on tape. – You can’t. It’s a textbook. | – 那把这本书录成磁带吧 – 不行,这是课本 |
[01:57] | Hey, Jer, are you going to this Bob Sacamano party? | 嗨,杰瑞 你要去鲍勃・萨卡曼奴的派对吗? |
[02:00] | Am I going? It was three nights ago. | 还问我去不去?这都过了三天了 |
[02:02] | What? You’re kidding. I just got this invitation today. | 什么?你开玩笑吧? 我今天才收到请柬 |
[02:05] | Oh, I was so excited. It’s really a beautiful invitation. | 我还这么兴奋,请柬真的很漂亮 |
[02:09] | Oh, it was a lovely affair. | 派对很不错 |
[02:12] | Oh, wait a minute. | 等等 |
[02:14] | This postmark is three weeks old. Man, this happens all the time. | 邮戳是三个星期前的,老是这样 |
[02:20] | Janine, who the hell runs the mailroom? | 珍妮,到底是谁管理收发室的? |
[02:23] | – Eddie Sherman. – All right. Send him up here. | – 埃迪・谢尔曼 – 叫他过来 |
[02:25] | – You gonna do a little yelling? – I’m gonna do a little firing. | – 你打算骂他一顿? – 我打算解雇他 |
[02:28] | That is so cool. Can you put me on the speaker? | 酷,你能按免提让我听一下吗? |
[02:32] | Oh, yeah. Sure. | 好,可以 |
[02:35] | Give me a break. | 别烦我了 |
[02:45] | Hey, Copernicus. | 嘿,哥白尼 |
[02:50] | – Eddie Sherman is here. – Oh, great. Send him in. | – 埃迪・谢尔曼来了 – 好,叫他进来 |
[03:00] | – You wanted to see me? – Eddie, yes. | – 你要见我? – 是的 |
[03:04] | I am so sorry, but I’m afraid we’re gonna have to… | 很对不起,恐怕我们必须… |
[03:10] | …promote you. | …提拔你 |
[03:14] | So, what did you say? | 那你说了些什么? |
[03:15] | Well, I called him all the way up to my office… | 我特意把他叫到办公室… |
[03:18] | …so I had to tell him something important. | …所以必须跟他说些重要的事 |
[03:21] | So I promoted him. | 所以我给他升职了 |
[03:25] | – What? What did you…? – Copywriter. | – 什么?那你给他的职位是…? – 广告撰稿人 |
[03:29] | He’s writing copy? | 他写广告词? |
[03:31] | Well, it can’t be any worse than the pointless drivel we normally churn out. | 顶多跟我们编出来的废话一样糟糕 |
[03:39] | Check it out. | 看一下 |
[03:41] | – “Jewish singles night”? – I expect you both to be there. | – “犹太单身之夜”? – 希望你们俩也去 |
[03:45] | – I’m not Jewish. – Well, neither am I. | – 我不是犹太人 – 我也不是 |
[03:47] | – Well, why are you going? – I’m not. I’m running it. | – 那你为什么去? – 这是我筹办的 |
[03:52] | – What are you talking about? – Lomez, he usually runs it… | – 你说什么? – 平常都是罗姆兹筹办的 |
[03:55] | …but he’s in the Everglades. | …不过他现在在沼泽地 (美国佛罗里达州南部大沼泽地) |
[03:58] | – Lomez is Jewish? – Oh, yeah, yeah. | – 罗姆兹是犹太人? – 是的 |
[04:00] | Orthodox, Jerry. Old school. | 他信东正教,是守旧派 |
[04:05] | At the Knights of Columbus? | 派对开在哥伦布骑士会? |
[04:09] | Yeah. Frank Costanza, he’s getting me a room in his lodge. | 是的,弗兰克・克斯坦萨 借给我一个房间 |
[04:11] | Jerry, you know, I’m really counting on you to come to this. | 杰瑞,我真的希望你能来 |
[04:14] | – Kramer, you know… – Jerry, look. | – 克莱默… – 杰瑞,听我说 |
[04:16] | I’m cooking all the food myself. | 所有的菜都是我煮的 |
[04:18] | “A tempting schmeer of authentic Jewish delicacies.” | “诱人的正宗犹太人菜荟萃” |
[04:24] | Do you like tsimmes? | 你喜欢清食美吗?(一种犹太菜品) |
[04:29] | My mentor says the duck is outstanding here. | 导师说这里的鸭子很好吃 |
[04:31] | I’m not really a duck fan. The skin seems sort of human. | 我不喜欢吃鸭子 皮肤挺像人的 |
[04:36] | Oh, look who’s here. Cynthia. | 看谁来了,辛西娅 |
[04:39] | – Hello, Abby. – Hello. | – 你好,艾比 – 你好 |
[04:40] | Jerry, this is Cynthia Pearlman, my mentor. | 杰瑞,这是辛西娅・珀尔曼 我的导师 |
[04:43] | – Hello. – Hi, Jerry. Nice to finally meet you. | – 你好 – 你好,很高兴终于见到你了 |
[04:46] | Come join us. We can pull up a chair. | 一起吧,我们可以再加个位子 |
[04:47] | Well, great. My boyfriend’s just parking the car. | 好极了,我男朋友在泊车 |
[04:50] | Actually, Jerry, you might know him. He’s a comic too. | 杰瑞,你可能认识他 他也是个喜剧演员 |
[04:54] | – No kidding. – Kenny Bania. | – 别开玩笑了 – 他叫肯尼・班尼亚 |
[04:57] | Bania? | 班尼亚? |
[04:59] | Hey, Jerry. How’s it going? | 嗨,杰瑞,最近怎么样? |
[05:02] | You gonna join us for dinner? The duck here is the best. | 你要跟我们一起吃饭吗? 这里的鸭子最棒了 |
[05:05] | The best, Jerry. | 最棒,杰瑞 |
[05:11] | Excuse me. I’m sorry to bother you. | 对不起,打扰一下 |
[05:14] | I noticed that you have a textbook on tape. | 我注意到你有一盒录音课本 |
[05:17] | May I ask where you got that? | 能告诉我在哪获得的吗? |
[05:18] | Reading for the Blind. They can get any book on tape. | “为盲人朗读” 他们可以录制任何书的磁带 |
[05:21] | I tell you, I am hooked on these books on tape. | 不瞒你说,我迷上了磁带书 |
[05:24] | Tell me about it. These things have ruined me for Braille. | 这还用说,这些东西 让我都不想用盲文了 |
[05:31] | Reading for the Blind? | “为盲人朗读”? |
[05:32] | I take an eye test, I flunk it. The next thing you know… | 我要做个视力测试,考它个不及格… |
[05:35] | …I am swinging to the sweet sounds of risk management. | …然后把《风险管理》的磁带弄到手 |
[05:40] | – So I finally met the mentor. – What’s she like? Lmpressive? | – 我终于见到了那个导师 – 她长什么样?好看吗? |
[05:44] | Oh, yeah. She’s dating Bania. | 还不错,她在跟班尼亚约会 |
[05:49] | – Bania? – Yeah. | – 班尼亚? – 是的 |
[05:51] | I had to spend two hours at dinner last night with that specimen. | 昨晚我不得不跟那怪人共餐两小时 |
[05:55] | – What’d you have? – Chicken. | – 你吃了些什么? – 鸡肉 |
[05:57] | How could she look up to a person… | 她怎么会尊敬一个… |
[05:59] | …who voluntarily spends time with Bania? | …愿意跟班尼亚在一起的人? |
[06:01] | – Marsala? – Piccata. | – 还喝了马沙拉(白葡萄酒)? – 还吃了嫩煎小牛肉片 |
[06:03] | If anything, I should be dating a mentor… | 依我看,应该是我跟导师约会… |
[06:06] | …and Bania should be setting pins at a bowling alley. | …而班尼亚给保龄球场摆放球瓶 |
[06:10] | – All right. I got a test to fail. – Hey, good luck with that. | – 好了,我得去把测试给考砸 – 祝你好运 |
[06:13] | Thanks. Dad. | 谢谢,爸爸 |
[06:15] | What are you, in an athletic sweat suit? | 你干嘛穿着运动服? |
[06:18] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么? |
[06:19] | He came to get his check for the banquet hall. | 他来检查宴会场地 |
[06:21] | You know, I got 183 responses. Oh, it’s gonna be a rager. | 我收到了183个答复 到时肯定人山人海 |
[06:28] | Kramer, how are you gonna cook Jewish delicacies for 183 people? | 克莱默,你打算怎么煮 183个人的犹太菜? |
[06:32] | You’re right. That’s a lot of pupiks. | 你说得对,确实要填很多个胃 |
[06:36] | Hey, Frank, you know anybody who can help me cook? | 弗兰克,你认识什么人 能帮我烹调的吗? |
[06:38] | Cook? No. I don’t know any cooks. | 烹调?不,我一个厨师也不认识 |
[06:40] | I don’t know anything about cooking! | 任何跟烹调有关的东西我都不知道! |
[06:44] | What’s the matter with him? | 他怎么了? |
[06:46] | My dad was a cook during the Korean War. | 我老爸在朝鲜战争时期当过厨师 |
[06:50] | Something very bad happened. | 发生了些很不好的事 |
[06:52] | Ever since, you can’t get him near a kitchen. | 从那时起,他就再也不靠近厨房半步 |
[06:55] | – Shell-shocked? – Oh, yeah. | – 患了炮弹休克症? – 是的 |
[06:57] | But that has nothing to do with it. | 不过跟这事没关系 |
[07:01] | That’s good work, guys. That ought to do it for today. | 不错,这个今天完成 |
[07:04] | – Alrighty? – Wait. | – 好吗? – 慢着 |
[07:05] | You didn’t ask me about my ideas. | 你们没有问我的意见 |
[07:08] | Oh, Eddie, well, it’s your first day. | 埃迪,你才第一天上班 |
[07:11] | – I’m ready. – Okay. | – 我准备好了 – 好吧 |
[07:16] | “It’s a hot night. The mind races. | “炎热的夜晚,思绪急转 |
[07:22] | You think about your knife… | 你想起你的刀… |
[07:25] | …the only friend who hasn’t betrayed you. | …这唯一没有背叛你的朋友 |
[07:30] | The only friend who won’t be dead by sun-up. | 唯一日出前不会死的朋友 |
[07:37] | Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted chambray nightshirts.” | 伙伴们,睡得很香 穿着你的夹棉格子睡衣” |
[07:49] | What am I gonna do? He is a disaster. | 我该怎么办?他是个灾星 |
[07:51] | Well, if he’s doing that bad, maybe he’s in line for another promotion. | 如果那份工作他干得很糟 也许他有望得到再次提升 |
[07:57] | You know what? You are exactly right. | 你知道吗?你说得很对 |
[08:00] | That is what I should do. I should promote him. | 我应该这么做,我应该提拔他 |
[08:03] | I’ll give him another office on another floor, and he can sit there… | 我要给他间其他楼层的办公室 他可以坐在那… |
[08:07] | …with his nice title and his bayonet… | …跟他的好职位和刺刀在一起… |
[08:10] | …and stop freaking me out. | …而不再烦我 |
[08:16] | Nothing at all. | 完全看不见 |
[08:20] | Well, George, your vision is quite impaired. | 乔治,你的视力下降了很多 |
[08:24] | If you’ll just sign this insurance form. Here’s a pen. | 签一下这份保险单,给你笔 |
[08:37] | You’re a very handsome man, by the way. | 顺便提一下,你长得很帅 |
[08:46] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[08:51] | Look out! | 留神! |
[08:58] | – What are you doing? – I got three kitchens going. | – 你在干什么? – 我在三个厨房里煮东西 |
[09:02] | I got brisket going at Newman’s, I got kugel working at Mrs. Zanfino’s… | 我在纽曼的厨房煮胸肉 在赞菲奴太太的厨房煮砂锅菜 |
[09:07] | …and this is kreplach. | 还有这是三角馄饨 |
[09:08] | Here, try some of this. | 来,尝尝这个 |
[09:11] | – No, I don’t want to. – Eat, eat, you’re skin and bones. | – 不用了,我不想吃 – 吃吧,吃吧 ,你都瘦得皮包骨了 |
[09:19] | – Oh, this is awful. – Oh, Jerry, it’s kreplach. | – 很难吃 – 这是三角馄饨 |
[09:22] | It’s an acquired taste. Yeah. | 你要慢慢品尝和欣赏 |
[09:33] | Did you follow the recipe? | 你有没有跟着菜谱做? |
[09:35] | The recipe was for four to six people. | 菜谱上说的是4-6人份的 |
[09:37] | I had to multiply it for 183 people. | 而我必须增加到183人的分量 |
[09:40] | I guess I got confused. | 我都乱套了 |
[09:43] | It tastes like dirt. | 太难吃了 |
[09:45] | Well, I also dropped it on the way over. | 我也会没吃完就把它扔了 |
[09:48] | Jerry, I’m in trouble. I got no skills. | 杰瑞,糟了,我不会烹调 |
[09:50] | I can’t peel, I can’t chop, I can’t grate, I can’t mince. | 我削、砍、磨、切都不会 |
[09:55] | I got no sense of flavor, obviously. | 明显我没有味感 |
[09:59] | You know, I gotta talk to Frank. | 我必须跟弗兰克说一下 |
[10:00] | – Kramer, you can’t… – I gotta talk to him. | – 克莱默,你不能… – 我必须跟他谈谈 |
[10:02] | I know that he can help me… | 我知道他能帮我… |
[10:04] | I think there’s a dead animal in the elevator. | 我想电梯里有个动物尸体 |
[10:07] | My stuffed cabbage. | 那是我的肉馅卷心菜 |
[10:12] | – So great dinner last night. – Yeah, it was all right. | – 昨晚的晚餐棒极了 – 是的,很好 |
[10:16] | I told Cynthia we’d double with her and Bania Saturday… | 我跟辛西娅说好 周六我们再跟她和班尼亚吃饭… |
[10:18] | …and then catch his act. – No. No. | …然后去看他的表演 – 不,不去 |
[10:21] | – No way. No Bania. – What? | – 不行,不要班尼亚 – 什么? |
[10:24] | Have you seen his act? He’s got a 12-minute bit about Ovaltine. | 你看过他的节目吗? 他有12分钟都在说阿华田(瑞士著名麦芽饮料) |
[10:28] | He’s a pug, a patsy, a hack. | 他是哈巴狗、傻瓜、低级艺人 |
[10:30] | Cynthia would not date a hack. | 辛西娅不会跟一个低级艺人约会的 |
[10:32] | Would. Does. Is. | 会的,确实,正在 |
[10:37] | Before we get started… | 我们开始之前… |
[10:39] | …I am happy to tell you that Eddie Sherman… | …我很高兴告诉你们 |
[10:41] | …is no longer writing for this catalog. | …埃迪・谢尔曼不再为这个栏目撰稿了 |
[10:43] | – It’s about time. – He’s upstairs. | – 这是早晚的事 – 他在楼上 |
[10:46] | I made him director of corporate development. | 我任命他为公司发展部主任 |
[10:48] | You promoted him? | 你升了他的职? |
[10:51] | Well, no. I would hardly… | 不是,我… |
[10:52] | – I bust my hump every day. – Relax. | – 我每天都埋头苦干 – 放松点 |
[10:57] | As far as I’m concerned, | you and your deranged prot间?.. 依我看,你和你的疯徒弟两个人… |
[11:01] | …can run the catalog by yourselves. | …就可以搞定这个栏目了 |
[11:04] | I quit! | 我辞职! |
[11:06] | – I’m with him. – Me too. | – 我跟他一起走 – 我也是 |
[11:07] | What? Hey. | 什么?嘿 |
[11:10] | Hey. Hey! | 嘿,嘿 |
[11:15] | Chapter one. | 第一章 |
[11:17] | Ln order to manage risk, we must first understand risk. | 为了控制风险,首先必须了解风险 |
[11:21] | How do you spot risk? | 如何辨认风险? |
[11:23] | How do you avoid risk, and what makes it so risky? | 如何避免风险且为什么具有风险? |
[11:28] | – This guy sounds just like me. – To understand risk, we must first… | – 这家伙听起来就像我 – 要了解风险… |
[11:31] | – … define risk. Risk has… – This is horrible. | – …必须首先阐释风险… – 这太可怕了 |
[11:33] | – … existed virtually… – Stop it. Stop it. Shut up! | – …风险实际存在… – 停,停,闭嘴! |
[11:37] | Come on, Frank, I need you. | 来吧,弗兰克,我需要你 |
[11:39] | I mean, the war was 50 years ago. | 战争都过去50年了 |
[11:41] | In my mind, there’s a war still going on. | 在我脑子里,战争还在继续 |
[11:46] | All right, what happened, Frank? | 当时发生了什么事,弗兰克? |
[11:47] | What is it that you can’t get over? | 你有什么不能克服的? |
[12:03] | Inchon, Korea, 1950. | 1950年,朝鲜仁川 |
[12:06] | I was the best cook Uncle Sam ever saw. | 我曾经是美国最好的厨师 |
[12:10] | Slinging hash for the fighting 103rd. | 在103战队里做菜 |
[12:14] | As we marched north, our supply lines were getting thin. | 我们北进的时候,补给越来越少了 |
[12:18] | Well, one day, a couple of GI’s found a crate. | 一天,几个大兵找到一个板条箱 |
[12:21] | Inside was 600 pounds of prime Texas steer. | 里面有600磅上等德州牛肉 |
[12:24] | At least, it once was prime. | 至少,原来是上等的 |
[12:27] | The use date was three weeks past. | 但是过了保质期三个星期 |
[12:29] | But I was arrogant. I was brash. | 然而我当时骄傲鲁莽 |
[12:33] | I thought if I used just the right spices… | 我想假如我用对了香料… |
[12:39] | …cooked it long enough… | …且煮的时间够长… |
[12:44] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[12:45] | I went too far. I overseasoned it. | 我做得太过火,调料加太多了 |
[12:52] | Men were keeling over all around me. | 大家在我周围倒下 |
[12:56] | I can still hear the retching and screaming. | 我到现在还能听到呕吐声和尖叫声 |
[13:07] | Frank! | 弗兰克! |
[13:10] | I sent 16 of my own men to the latrines that night. | 那天晚上我送了16个人到厕所 |
[13:16] | They were just boys. | 他们还只是个孩子 |
[13:18] | Frank, you were a boy too. | 弗兰克,当时你也是个孩子 |
[13:20] | And it was war. That was a crazy time for everyone. | 而且这是战争 对于每个人都是荒唐的年代 |
[13:24] | Tell that to Bobby Colby. | 那些话还是说给博比・科尔比听吧 |
[13:27] | All that kid wanted to do was go home. Well, he went home, all right. | 那孩子唯一的愿望只是回家 他回家的时候 |
[13:32] | With a crater in his colon the size of a cutlet. | 结肠还有个炸肉丸般大的坑 |
[13:36] | They had to sit him on a cork for the 18-hour flight home. | 为了让他坐上18个小时的飞机回家 还必须给他塞个软木塞 |
[13:39] | Frank, now listen to me. Two hundred Jewish singles need you. | 听我说,弗兰克 200个犹太单身需要你 |
[13:44] | This is your chance to make it all right again. | 这是你痛改前非的机会 |
[13:47] | No. No. I’ll never cook again. | 不,不,我决不再下厨了 |
[13:51] | Never! Now get out of my house! | 决不!现在从我的房子滚出去! |
[13:55] | Out. Get out. Go. | 出去,滚出去,走 |
[14:03] | So you saw Bania’s act. | 你已经看过班尼亚的表演了 |
[14:06] | He got two minutes into that Ovaltine thing… | 他说了两分钟阿华田… |
[14:09] | …and I just couldn’t take it anymore. | …我就再也受不了了 |
[14:12] | I told you. It’s like getting beaten with a bag of oranges. | 我说过了,那感觉就像 被一袋子橘子砸中 |
[14:16] | Why is he so obsessed with Ovaltine? | 为什么他这么喜欢阿华田? |
[14:19] | He just thinks that anything that dissolves in milk is funny. | 他只是觉得任何溶解在 牛奶里的东西都有趣 |
[14:23] | Anyway, Cynthia and I got into this big argument afterwards… | 总之,后来我和辛西娅 还为这个吵了起来… |
[14:28] | …and I think it’s over. – No more mentor? | …而且我想我们闹翻了 – 她不再是你导师了? |
[14:30] | – Looks that way. – At least you and I are okay again. | – 看起来是这样 – 至少我们又回到原来的样子 |
[14:34] | Actually, I was kind of thinking… | 事实上,我想… |
[14:36] | …that maybe we shouldn’t see each other for a while. | …也许我们暂时不要见面了 |
[14:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[14:40] | Well, I’m feeling a little disoriented. | 我觉得有点迷茫 |
[14:43] | It’s just weird for me not to have an advisor. | 对我来说,没有导师的感觉有点怪 |
[14:46] | I can tell you what to do. | 我可以指示你做什么 |
[14:50] | – It’s more than that. – I can tell you what to think. | – 还不够 – 我可以指示你想什么 |
[14:54] | I need someone I can trust. | 我需要个可以信任的人 |
[15:00] | I got a big problem here, Jerry. The tapes are worthless. | 麻烦大了,杰瑞 那些磁带一点用都没有 |
[15:03] | Kind of in the middle of something here, George. | 你挡在我们中间了,乔治 |
[15:14] | – George. – I gotta run anyway. | – 乔治 – 无论如何我得走了 |
[15:16] | I can’t believe you feel you really need a mentor. | 难以置信你真的认为 自己需要一个导师 |
[15:20] | I just need someone who can give me some kind of direction. | 我只是需要一个能给我指引方向的人 |
[15:25] | I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[15:27] | Yeah, see you. | 再见 |
[15:29] | – So, what’s your problem? – No problem. | – 你有什么问题? – 没有 |
[15:35] | I think I got something here for the Bengalese galoshes. | 我想到了些给孟加拉套鞋的广告词 |
[15:42] | “It’s tough keeping your feet dry… | “坚韧结实,让你在踢开头盖骨时 |
[15:46] | …when you’re kicking in a skull.” | 双脚依然保持干爽” |
[15:51] | You know, Eddie, that might be just a tad harsh. | 埃迪,对于女性衣物来说 |
[15:55] | For women’s wear. | 这个听起来有点刺耳 |
[15:59] | Well, I’m not married to it. | 我没有结合这个考虑 |
[16:03] | Well, in that case, why don’t we take the phrase: | 既然这样,我们可以删去 |
[16:09] | “Kicking in a skull”… | “踢开头盖骨”这几个字… |
[16:10] | …and we tweak it. | …并修改一下句子 |
[16:13] | You know, just a hair, to something like what? | 那些茸毛,就像… |
[16:17] | Like “strolling through a dewy meadow.” | 就像“漫游在沾满露珠的草地上” |
[16:23] | Dewy meadow. | 沾满露珠的草地 |
[16:26] | Here’s your omelet. | 这是你的煎蛋卷 |
[16:30] | – It’s dry. – That’s the way I always make it. | – 太干了 – 我一直都是这样做的 |
[16:34] | Well, it sucks. | 真恶心 |
[16:38] | What did you say? | 你说什么? |
[16:40] | Your meatloaf is mushy, your salmon croquettes are oily… | 你做的烘肉卷太糊了 鲑鱼丸子太油了… |
[16:44] | …and your eggplant parmigiana is a disgrace to this house! | …还有干酪茄子简直 就是这所房子的耻辱! |
[16:48] | Well, that’s too bad, because I’m the only one who cooks around here. | 那太糟了,因为我是 这儿唯一做菜的人 |
[16:53] | Not anymore. Give me that spatula. | 不再是了,把锅铲给我 |
[17:00] | I’m back, baby! | 我回来了,宝贝 |
[17:05] | You’re sure, with your schedule, | you’d have time to take on a prot间? 你确定真的有时间接收徒弟吗? |
[17:09] | I’ll make time. Because, Abby, I was once like you. | 我会抽空,因为,艾比 我曾跟你一样 |
[17:13] | Wide-eyed, naive. | 天真烂漫 |
[17:14] | I didn’t know the first thing about a subject as fundamental… | 不知道基础学科首要的东西是什么 |
[17:18] | …as risk management. | …就如风险管理 |
[17:22] | I’m not familiar with it. You’ll have to explain it. | 这个我不太懂,你得解释一下 |
[17:24] | I’ll tell you what. | 我会告诉你的 |
[17:26] | Why don’t you read this book… | 为什么你不看一下这本书… |
[17:28] | …and let’s just see if you can explain it to me. | …然后看你能否解释给我听? |
[17:32] | – All right. – Okay. | – 好的 – 好了 |
[17:36] | Hey, Jerry. | 嗨,杰瑞 |
[17:37] | – Hey, Bania. – Did you hear what happened? | – 嘿,班尼亚 – 你听说了发生什么事了吗? |
[17:40] | The mentor saw my act. She dumped me. | 那导师看了我的节目 把我给甩了 |
[17:43] | Oh, that’s a tough one. | 那真够呛 |
[17:45] | Maybe she’s right. Maybe I am a complete hack. | 也许她说得对 我是个十足的低级艺人 |
[17:49] | I’m the absolute worst. The worst, Jerry. | 我绝对是最差的 最差的,杰瑞 |
[17:51] | Well, it’s just that you got so many things with the milk. | 你只是说了很多 跟奶有关的东西 |
[17:55] | You got that Bosco bit, then you got your Nestl?s Quik bit. | 你说了一小段博斯科(巧克力酱、果酱) 然后说了一点点雀巢 |
[17:57] | By the time you get to Ovaltine… | 一说到阿华田… |
[17:59] | You think you can give me a hand with my material? | 你可以帮我修改素材吗? |
[18:09] | – You still need a cook? – Oh, yeah. Come on in, Frank. | – 你还需要厨师吗? – 需要,进来,弗兰克 |
[18:12] | – You got T-Fal? – Calphalon. | – 你有特福(厨具品牌)吗? – 我有家富乐(厨具品牌) |
[18:14] | – No. Follow me. – Oh, yeah. | – 不要,跟我来 – 好的 |
[18:18] | Try that. | 试一下这个 |
[18:22] | “Why do they call it Ovaltine? | “为什么它叫‘阿华田’? (“阿华”有椭圆的意思) |
[18:25] | The mug is round, the jar is round. | 杯子是圆的,罐子也是圆的 |
[18:28] | They should call it Roundtine.” | 它应该叫‘圆田’” |
[18:32] | That’s gold, Jerry. Gold. | 真是金句,杰瑞,金句 |
[18:36] | Let’s just replace “hail of shrapnel” and “scar tissue”… | 我们将“一阵榴散弹”和“疤痕组织”… |
[18:43] | …with “string of pearls” and “raspberry scones.” | …替换成“一串珍珠”和“木莓烤饼” |
[18:51] | George Costanza is your mentor? | 乔治・克斯坦萨是你的导师? |
[18:53] | Yeah. He’s great. | 是的,他很棒 |
[18:55] | I am learning so much. | 我学到了很多 |
[18:57] | About what? How to calculate 5 percent of a restaurant check? | 学到了什么?怎样计算 一间饭店5%的账单? |
[19:02] | You know what your problem is? | 你知道你的问题是什么吗? |
[19:03] | You just have no respect | for the prot间?mentor relationship. 就是你不尊重师徒关系 |
[19:07] | As a matter of fact, | I happen to have a prot间?of my own. 事实上,我刚好有个徒弟 |
[19:12] | – Who? – A Mr. Kenneth Bania. | – 谁? – 一位叫肯尼斯・班尼亚的先生 |
[19:15] | Bania? | 班尼亚? |
[19:18] | I’m gonna mentor this kid to the top. | 我要指导他登上事业巅峰 |
[19:21] | Well, I don’t think I wanna date | a mentor whose prot间?is a hack. 我不想跟有低级艺人当徒弟的导师约会 |
[19:25] | whose mentor is a Costanza. | I don’t think I wanna date a prot间? 我不想跟导师叫克斯坦萨的徒弟约会 |
[19:31] | I don’t know how… | 我不知道怎么回事… |
[19:32] | …but there’s some kind of chemistry between us. | …不过我们之间挺有默契 |
[19:34] | We turned out one hell of a catalog. | 总算完成了整个栏目 |
[19:37] | Cool. | 酷 |
[19:39] | Hey, Ed, let me ask you something. | 埃迪,问你个问题 |
[19:42] | What’s with the fatigues and all the psychotic imagery, huh? | 这军服和你身上这些神兽像 背后有些什么故事吗? |
[19:47] | I don’t wanna talk about it. | 我不想说 |
[19:49] | Come on. Don’t be a baby. | 说吧,别这么孩子气 |
[19:53] | I went out on a couple of dates with this woman. | 我跟这个女人有过几次约会 |
[19:57] | I thought she really liked me. | 我以为她真的喜欢我 |
[20:00] | And then things kind of cooled off. | 然后事情不了了之 |
[20:06] | That’s it? | 就这样? |
[20:08] | Well, it’s tough meeting somebody you like… | 跟喜欢的人见面会不自在 |
[20:11] | …let alone somebody Jewish. | 更别提她是犹太人了 |
[20:20] | This food is fantastic. | 这菜真好吃 |
[20:22] | – Have you tried the hamantaschen? – I can’t get off the kishkes. | – 你尝过这个三角糕了吗? – 这犹太香肠好吃得让我停不住嘴 |
[20:26] | – Hey, Jerry. – Bania. | – 嗨,杰瑞 – 班尼亚 |
[20:28] | I just stopped by to thank you. | 我是顺道来跟你道谢的 |
[20:30] | That risk-management stuff you wrote for me is killer. | 那份风险管理的 材料写得精彩极了 |
[20:33] | Risk management? | 风险管理? |
[20:35] | It’s gold, Jerry. Gold. | 真是金句,杰瑞,金句 |
[20:38] | I got all these corporate gigs, and even Cynthia took me back. | 我得到了所有这些社团演出 甚至辛西娅也接受了我 |
[20:41] | So you went from the mailroom… | 你在两天内从收发室… |
[20:42] | …to director of corporate development in two days? | …提升到了公司发展部主任? |
[20:46] | – That’s right. – How much are they paying you? | – 没错 – 他们付你多少工资? |
[20:49] | I’ll double it. | 我付双倍 |
[20:52] | – These latkes are going like hotcakes. – Where’s the powdered sugar? | – 这些土豆烙饼做得像烤饼 – 糖粉在哪? |
[20:57] | You know, you could take a break. | 你可以先休息一下 |
[20:58] | No breaks. I feel reborn. I’m like a phoenix rising from Arizona. | 不用休息,我觉得重获新生 就像从亚利桑那州飞起来的凤凰 |
[21:04] | Quitting? | 辞职? |
[21:05] | I can’t churn out that pointless drivel anymore. | 我没法再编那些废话了 |
[21:09] | What…? You can’t quit. You’re all I’ve got. | 什么?你不能辞职 我只有你了 |
[21:13] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[21:16] | Gross. | |
[21:32] | No! | 不! |
[21:34] | No! Don’t eat it. It’s no good. | 不!别吃,不能吃 |
[21:37] | – No good. No good. No way. – Frank, stop it. | – 变质了,变质了,不要吃 – 弗兰克,停下来 |
[21:40] | – Stop… – No. No. No. | – 停下来… – 不,不,不要吃 |
[21:44] | Frank! | 弗兰克! |
[21:52] | Our next speaker is George Costanza on the subject of risk management. | 下一个演讲者是乔治・克斯坦萨 主题是风险管理 |
[22:05] | “Ovaltine. | “阿华田 |
[22:18] | Have you ever had this stuff? | 你尝过这玩意吗?” |
[22:23] | Why do they call it Ovaltine? | “为什么它叫‘阿华田’? |
[22:31] | They should call it Roundtine. | 它应该叫‘圆田’ |
[22:34] | You know what I’m talking about.” | 你知道我在说什么” |
[22:38] | He’s my prote? 他是我徒弟 |