时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | – The last president to have a beard? – Nixon. | – 上届总统有胡子吗? – 尼克松有 |
[00:08] | – No, I mean a real thick beard. – His was thick. | – 不,我是说真正的浓密大胡子 – 他的很浓 |
[00:11] | No, I mean like a full, long beard, like Smith Brothers Cough Drops. | 不,我是说像关二哥那样 又多又长的大胡子 |
[00:14] | Falkmore. | 法克摩尔有 |
[00:15] | – Who? – Artemis N. Falkmore. | – 谁? – 阿丁尼斯・N・法克摩尔 |
[00:18] | – You made that up, right? – Yeah. | – 你瞎编的,是不? – 是的 |
[00:20] | – But it sounds like a president name? – Yeah. | – 但听来像总统名字吧? – 是的 |
[00:22] | Why do presidents all have bad names? | 为什么总统的名字都那么烂啊? |
[00:24] | Woodrow, Grover, Millard. | 像是伍德罗,格罗佛,米勒德 |
[00:26] | The presidency attracts the badly named. | 总统职位就是吸引那些名字烂的人 |
[00:28] | Their ambition is based on personal insecurity. | 他们的雄心壮志都是建立在 个人安危的基础上的 |
[00:30] | It’s classic male overcompensation. | 典型的男性过度补偿 |
[00:32] | Are you wearing lifts in those shoes? | 你穿了增高鞋吗? |
[00:36] | Cab. | 的士 |
[00:43] | So they have this clock now, where you punch in your age… | 有了这种时钟,你输入你的年龄… |
[00:45] | …and all your risk factors… | …和你全部的风险因素… |
[00:47] | …and it actually counts down how much time you have left to live. | …它就能算出你还能活多久 |
[00:51] | What’s the great moment? On your deathbed. | 伟大的时刻是,在你临终之时 |
[00:53] | They’re pounding on your chest, and you’re going: “Ten, nine, eight… | 他们在电击你的胸口 而你就在倒数,10,9,8… |
[00:57] | I told you this thing was good.” | 我跟你说过这玩意儿很棒的 |
[01:00] | – I can’t believe this is our first date. – I know. Dessert? | – 真不敢相信这是我们第一次约会 – 我知道,要甜点吗? |
[01:03] | I suppose I have to get a piece of cake. | 我想我得吃块蛋糕 |
[01:05] | – Why? – Today is my birthday. | – 为啥? – 今天是我的生日 |
[01:08] | What? Today? | 啥?今天? |
[01:10] | – Really? – Yep. | – 真的吗? – 嗯 |
[01:23] | So she went out with you on a first date and it was her birthday? | 这么说那天她第一次跟你约会 又正好是她的生日? |
[01:27] | Yeah, and she picked the day. | 是啊,而且是她自己挑的日子 |
[01:30] | Is she socially… | 她在社交方面是不是… |
[01:31] | …awkward? | …挺笨拙的呀? |
[01:33] | No, she’s great. | 没有啊,她很好 |
[01:34] | – She’s attractive and fun. – Well, maybe she decided… | – 她很迷人而且很有趣 – 好吧,说不定她本来就打算… |
[01:37] | …to celebrate her birthday on the Monday after the weekend. | …过周末之后 到星期一才庆祝生日呢 |
[01:40] | She’s not Lincoln. | 她又不是林肯 |
[01:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[01:46] | Anybody up for Lorenzo’s pizza? | 有人想吃洛伦佐的比萨吗? |
[01:47] | – I’ll pass. – Oh, really? | – 我不去了 – 哦,真的吗? |
[01:49] | Hey, George. Pizza. | 嗨,乔治,吃比萨吧 |
[01:53] | I can’t. I gotta go down to the foundation. | 我不吃了,我得去基金会 |
[01:55] | I’m interviewing high schoolers for the Susan Ross Scholarship. | 我要去为苏珊・罗丝奖学金 面试高中生呢 |
[01:59] | Does it ever bother you that this organization… | 这个组织…难道就没有让你厌烦过吗? |
[02:02] | – Nope. …is beating the bushes… | – 没 …他们乱打水漂 |
[02:04] | – No. …to basically give this money away… | – 没有 …基本上把钱派给… |
[02:07] | – No. …to virtually anyone… | – 不是 – …任何人… |
[02:09] | …as long as they’re not you? | …只要不是给你 |
[02:11] | I’m fine with it. | 这个我没关系的 |
[02:12] | Fine, I say. | 很好,当然 |
[02:17] | And then I received a 740 on the English Achievement Test. | 然后我在英语成绩测验上拿了740分 |
[02:21] | Quick, what’s your favorite animal? | 快说,你最喜欢的动物是什么? |
[02:24] | I don’t know. Frog? | 我不知道,青蛙? |
[02:28] | Frog? | 青蛙? |
[02:30] | – Well, l… – Frog is wrong. | – 那个,我… – 说青蛙就错了 |
[02:35] | I see here that you play the harp. | 我看到你弹竖琴来着 |
[02:37] | Tell me, why do they have to tilt it? | 告诉我,为什么他们放斜着弹? |
[02:42] | Can’t they just build it on an angle? | 他们就不能把琴做成本来就斜的吗? |
[02:44] | Save you a lot of trouble. | 替你省了挺多麻烦 |
[02:46] | Well, the modern-day harp has been refined over thousands of years… | 现代的竖琴是经过上千年演变的… |
[02:49] | …back to… – Yeah, yeah, we’ll let you know. | – …可以追溯到… – 好了,好了,有消息通知你 |
[02:54] | I see your GPA is 4.0. | 我看到你的绩点是4.0 |
[02:58] | You like that, don’t you? | – 你喜欢那个,不是吗? |
[03:02] | So, Steven, I see you’re president of the chess club. | – 史蒂文,我见你是象棋俱乐部的主席 |
[03:07] | State champs. | 州冠军 |
[03:09] | Who’s your favorite chess player? | 你最喜欢的象棋手是谁? |
[03:13] | Nastercoff? | 纳斯特科夫? |
[03:19] | Right. | 对 |
[03:21] | Nastercoff. | 纳斯特科夫 |
[03:26] | What country is he from again? | 再说一遍,他来自哪个国家? |
[03:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:32] | I made it up. | 我瞎编的 |
[03:34] | I’m never gonna get this thing. | 反正我拿不到的了 |
[03:37] | What are you telling me for? | 那你告诉我干嘛? |
[03:39] | You really had me going there. | 是你害我要问你的 |
[03:41] | Come on, sit down. | 过来,坐下 |
[03:46] | What do you want to do when you grow up? | 你长大后想做什么? |
[03:48] | Well, I’ve been telling people that I’d like to be an architect. | 我一直告诉大家 我想成为一名建筑师 |
[03:57] | So get this, Mr. Peterman is finally letting me do some real writing. | 那就去呗, 彼特曼先生终于 让我做实质性的写作 |
[04:01] | He’s got this book deal for his autobiography. | 他已经为他的自传拿到合约了 |
[04:03] | He’s gonna let me ghostwrite it. | 他要让我代笔写 |
[04:05] | Wow, that’s great. When it comes out… | 哇哦,那太棒了 等书出来的时候… |
[04:07] | …I’ll have to get someone to ghost-read it. | …我就得找个人去代读了 |
[04:10] | – Hey. Oh, hi. | – Hey. – 嘿,噢,嗨 – 嘿 |
[04:11] | – Hey. – So there I am at Lorenzo’s… | – 嘿 – 我在洛伦佐那儿… |
[04:13] | …loading up my slice at the fixings bar. | …把我的切片放在配菜条上 |
[04:17] | Garlic and whatnot. | 大蒜啊,什么的 |
[04:20] | When I see this guy over at the pizza boxes… | 当我越过比萨盒子看到那家伙时… |
[04:23] | …giving me the stink eye. | …他白了我一眼 |
[04:27] | So I give him the crook eye back, you know? | 所以我就回了他一眼,你知道不? |
[04:32] | And I notice that he’s not alone. | 然后我注意到他不是一个人来的 |
[04:34] | I’m taking on the entire Van Buren Boys. | 我在挑衅整群范布伦花花公子 |
[04:38] | – Van Buren Boys? – Yeah. | – 范布伦花花公子? – 是的 |
[04:39] | There’s a street gang named after President Martin Van Buren? | 有一个街头帮是以 总统马丁・范布伦的名字命名的? |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah, and they’re just as mean as he was. | 哦,是啊,他们就跟那个总统一样刻薄 |
[04:45] | So I make a move to the door, you know? | 所以我往门口挪了挪,你知道不? |
[04:47] | They block it. | 他们就把门堵住了 |
[04:49] | So I lunge for the bathroom. I grab the knob. | 所以我就朝厕所的方向冲了过去 我抓住了门把手 |
[04:52] | Occupied. | 但厕所有人 |
[04:56] | Then they back me up against the cartoon map of Italy… | 然后他们把我顶在那张 意大利的卡通地图上… |
[05:00] | …and all of a sudden they just stop. | …突然之间他们停了下来 |
[05:03] | What? What happened? | 啥?出啥事了? |
[05:05] | Because I’m still holding the garlic shaker, like this: | 因为我还拿着那个大蒜搅拌器 就像这样 |
[05:09] | I’m only showing eight fingers. | 我只露出了八个手指 |
[05:10] | – Well, what does that mean? – That’s their secret sign. | – 哦,那样是什么意思啊? – 那是他们的秘密标志 |
[05:15] | See, Van Buren, he was the eighth president. | 看着,范布伦,他是第八任总统 |
[05:19] | They thought I was a former Van B Boy. | 他们以为我是上一批 范布伦花花公子 |
[05:23] | – How was the pizza? – It was a little oily. | – 比萨如何? – 有点油腻 |
[05:28] | Jerry, can you hold on a sec? I just wanna check my messages. | 杰瑞,你能不能拿一下这个 我想查查留言 |
[05:34] | Oh, Melissa, Kim. | 哦,梅利莎和金姆 |
[05:36] | – Ellen. – Hey. I want you to meet Jerry. | – 埃伦 嘿,我想让你见见杰瑞 |
[05:38] | Oh, we’ve heard a lot about you. | 哦,久闻大名 |
[05:43] | It is so sweet of you to take her out. | 你把她带出来可真贴心 |
[05:45] | Yeah, you don’t even know how much she needs this. | 是啊,你根本不知道她有多需要这个 |
[05:48] | Is she coming off a bad breakup? | 她刚从一次痛苦的分手中走出来吗? |
[05:50] | No. | 不是 |
[05:51] | See you. | 回见 |
[05:56] | – Get your messages? – Yeah. No one called. | – 收到留言不? – 嗯,没人打给我 |
[06:02] | They acted like it was some act of charity, going out with her. | 她们表现得好像跟她出去 是一种慈善举动似的 |
[06:05] | So she’s the loser of the group. | 这么说她是一个不合群的喽 |
[06:07] | Every group has someone that they all make fun of. | 每个群体里都会有些人总是被大家嘲弄 |
[06:10] | Like us with Elaine. | 就像我们跟伊莲 |
[06:17] | There’s no way Ellen is the loser of that group. | 埃伦不可能是那个不合群的 |
[06:20] | Are you looking deep down at the real person underneath? | 你有没有看到 面具最下面的本来面目啊? |
[06:23] | No, I’m being as superficial as I possibly can. | 没有,我只是尽量看得肤浅 |
[06:27] | – Well, stick with it. – Yeah. | – 好吧,坚持下去 – 好啊 |
[06:30] | – I found someone for the scholarship. – Yeah? | – 我找到奖学金人选了 – 是吗? |
[06:32] | I’m interviewing all these annoying little overachievers… | 我得去面试那些烦人的小优等生… |
[06:36] | …and finally this kid walks in, Steven Koren, a regular guy. | …这孩子总算走进来了 叫史蒂文・库恩,一普通孩子 |
[06:40] | Likes sports, watches TV. | 喜欢运动,看电视 |
[06:42] | – Is he smart? – He knows how to read. | – 他聪明吗? – 他很会读书 |
[06:46] | And he also knows that finishing an entire book doesn’t prove anything. | 而且他也很清楚 读完一整本书并不能证明什么 |
[06:51] | But get this: | 还有这个 |
[06:52] | He’s into architecture. | 他喜欢建筑学 |
[06:54] | Hey, just like you pretend to be. | 嘿,跟你假装要成为的一样 |
[06:59] | Yes, with a little guidance… | 是啊,只需要一点引导… |
[07:01] | …Steven Koren is going to be everything I claim to be, only for real. | …史蒂文・库恩就能 成为我要成为的一切,真的 |
[07:06] | That’s my dream, Jerry. | 那是我的梦想啊,杰瑞 |
[07:08] | I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me. | 我昨晚上梦到有一个汉堡要吃了我 |
[07:19] | Mr. Peterman, thanks for having me over. L… | 彼特曼先生,谢谢您邀请我… |
[07:23] | Your place isn’t quite what I imagined. | 你的住所跟我想象的不太一样 |
[07:25] | Oh, it’s just a place to flop. | 哦,不就一睡觉的地方 |
[07:30] | Well, what part of your life do you want to start with? | 那么,你打算从生活的哪一部分说起呢? |
[07:34] | Foreign intrigue? Exotic romances? | 异国琐事?还是他乡恋史? |
[07:36] | Oh, Elaine, we’ve covered all of that in the catalog, ad nauseam. | 哦,伊莲,我们在目录中隐瞒了这些 令人作呕的 |
[07:40] | No, I would like this book to be about my day-to-day life. | 我希望这本书是关于我的日常生活的 |
[07:45] | Oh, damn, they changed the cable stations again… | 该死,他们又把电视台的位置改了… |
[07:47] | …just when I finally memorized them. | …我难得把它们记住了 |
[07:51] | – Well, Mr. Peterman, do you want to…? – Two: CBS. | – 那么,彼特曼先生 你想不想… – 2号,哥伦比亚台 |
[07:53] | – Get started? – Three… | – 开始吧? – 3号… |
[07:56] | I don’t know what that is. | 我不知道那是啥 |
[07:59] | Where’s my damn preview channel? | 那该死的预览频道哪儿去了? |
[08:04] | Well, I gotta tell you, Mr. Peterman… | 那个,我得跟您说,彼特曼先生… |
[08:06] | …I don’t know if I see a whole book here. | …这样子我写不到一整本书 |
[08:10] | Well, I’m sure we’ll come up with something. | 好吧,我确信我们能想出点什么的 |
[08:12] | What do you say you and I order ourselves a pie? | 咱俩订个派吃如何? |
[08:15] | Do you like Lorenzo’s? | 你喜欢吃洛伦佐的不? |
[08:18] | A friend of mine almost got beat up at that place by the Van Buren Boys. | 就在那里,我一个朋友 差点被范布伦花花公子们暴打 |
[08:22] | – You don’t say? – Yeah. | – 你不是说? – 嗯 |
[08:24] | The only thing that saved him is… | 那次他没事只是因为… |
[08:26] | …he accidentally flashed their secret gang sign. | …他无意间出示了他们的秘密帮派标志 |
[08:28] | – Well, that’s pretty exciting. – Yeah. | – 嗯,真是刺激 – 是啊 |
[08:30] | Let’s put that in the book. | 我们把它写到书里吧 |
[08:34] | But that didn’t happen to you. | 但那并不是发生在你身上啊 |
[08:36] | Well, so we pay off your friend, and it becomes a Peterman. | 那我们就给你朋友点钱 然后就变成彼特曼的故事了 |
[08:42] | No, I really don’t think you can do that. | 不,我认为你不该这么做 |
[08:44] | Oh, damn, I forgot to buy plant food again. | 哦,该死,我又忘了买肥料了 |
[08:50] | I’ll bet I got a coupon for it. | 我敢打赌我还有优惠卷呢 |
[08:54] | You know what? Maybe I better talk to my friend. | 你知道不? 也许我该跟我朋友谈谈 |
[09:02] | Is that the same outfit you were wearing yesterday? | 这是你昨天穿的那身衣服吗? |
[09:05] | No, this is brand-new. Do you like it? | 不是,这套是崭新的 你不喜欢吗? |
[09:07] | Actually, yeah. | 事实上,我喜欢 |
[09:12] | Wait a second. Is that the fork that fell on the floor? | 等一下 那是不是掉在地上的叉子啊? |
[09:16] | Are you using the fork that fell on the floor? | 你用的是掉在地上的叉子吗? |
[09:19] | No, Jerry, the waitress gave me another one. | 不是的,杰瑞,服务员又给我拿了一个 |
[09:22] | I guess that’s all right. | 我猜那没事了 |
[09:24] | – Is something wrong, Jerry? – No, absolutely nothing. | – 有什么问题吗,杰瑞? – 没事,绝对没事 |
[09:30] | You’re fantastic. | 你真是一尤物 |
[09:33] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. | – 嗨,伙计们 – 嗨 |
[09:34] | Kramer, George, this is Ellen. | 克莱默,乔治,这是埃伦 |
[09:42] | Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to introduce you… | 先生女士们,我很高兴向你们介绍… |
[09:45] | …to the first Susan Ross Scholar. | …第一位苏珊・罗丝奖学金得主 |
[09:48] | This… | 这位… |
[09:50] | …is Steven Koren. | …史蒂文・库恩 |
[09:53] | His GPA is a solid 2.0. | 他的平均绩点是货真价实的2.0 |
[09:57] | Right in that meaty part of the curve. | 就位于曲线中最充实的那一部分 |
[10:00] | Not showing off, not falling behind. | 不是炫耀,一点都不落后 |
[10:03] | George, the qualifications for this scholarship… | 乔治,拿这个奖学金的要求是… |
[10:06] | …were supposed to be largely academic. | …大部分从学术性上考虑的 |
[10:08] | I’m sure we’re all aware of the flaws… | 我相信大家都意识到那些存在于… |
[10:10] | …and biases of standardized tests. | …标准化测试中的瑕疵和偏差 |
[10:13] | These aren’t standardized tests. These are his grades. | 这些不是标准化测试,这些是他的分数 |
[10:16] | Besides, Steven Koren has the highest of aspirations. | 此外,史蒂文・库恩拥有极强烈的愿望 |
[10:20] | He wants to be… | 他想要成为… |
[10:23] | …an architect. | …一个建筑师 |
[10:24] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[10:26] | Actually, maybe I could set my sights a little bit higher. | 实际上,也许我可以把眼光放高一点 |
[10:29] | Steven, nothing is higher than architect. | 史蒂文,没什么比建筑学更高端的了 |
[10:33] | I think I’d really like to be a city planner. | 我觉得我想要成为一名城市规划师 |
[10:36] | Why limit myself to one building when I can design a whole city? | 当我能设计整个城市的时候 为什么把自己局限在单一的建筑物上呢? |
[10:39] | – Well, that’s a good point. – No, it’s not. | – 是啊,那是个好想法 – 不,不是 |
[10:41] | Isn’t an architect just an art school dropout… | 建筑师不就是艺术学校的… |
[10:44] | …with a tilting desk and a big ruler? | …拥有斜桌子和大尺子的辍学生吗? |
[10:46] | It’s called a T-square. | 那叫丁字尺 |
[10:49] | You know, the stupidest guy in my fraternity became an architect… | 你知道吗?我的兄弟会中 最蠢的家伙当了建筑师… |
[10:52] | …after he flunked out of dental school. | …就在他考牙医学院落榜之后 |
[10:56] | Congratulations, young man. | 祝贺你啊,年轻人 |
[10:58] | Susan would be very proud of what you’re doing. | 苏珊会为你所做的事情感到十分骄傲 |
[11:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:03] | And they made it their sign because Van Buren, our eighth president… | 他们把它作为标志,因为范布伦 我们的第八任总统… |
[11:06] | …was the man they most admired. | …是他们最崇拜的人 |
[11:10] | Kramer, my friend, that is one ripping good yarn. | 克莱默,我的朋友,那是一个绝妙的故事 |
[11:16] | You know, if you liked that one, I got more. | 如果你喜欢的话,我还有更多 |
[11:20] | What are you looking for? | 你想要什么? |
[11:21] | Romance? Comedy? Adventure? | 罗曼史?喜剧?还是奇遇? |
[11:24] | Erotica? | 还是艳史? |
[11:27] | No, Kramer, I don’t think… | 不是的,克莱默,我并不认为… |
[11:28] | How much would you take for the whole lot? | 这些全部你要收多少钱? |
[11:33] | – My whole life? – Name your price, man. | 我的全部生活?开个价码吧,老兄 |
[11:36] | $ 1500. | 1500块 |
[11:39] | – I’ll give you half that. – Done. | – 我只出一半 – 成交 |
[11:41] | Kramer, my friend, you consider Elaine at your disposal. | 克莱默,我的朋友 你想想吧,伊莲全听你的 |
[11:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:46] | Well, I… | 那个,我… |
[11:48] | I like to work in the evenings. | 我喜欢在晚上工作的 |
[11:58] | Would you please just get on with the stupid Bob Sacamano story? | 你能乖乖的去编那个 愚蠢的鲍勃・萨卡曼努故事吗? |
[12:02] | Well, I’m on the phone with Bob, and I realize right then and there… | 我正跟鲍勃讲电话呢,那时候我发现… |
[12:05] | …that I need to return this pair of pants. So I’m off to the store. | …我得把这条裤子还回去 于是我就动身去店里 |
[12:09] | What happened to Bob Sacamano? | 鲍勃・萨卡曼努出什么事了? |
[12:11] | Well, nothing. His part of the story is done. | 没什么,他的故事说完了 |
[12:16] | I’m waiting for the subway. It’s not coming. | 我在等地铁,但它一直没来 |
[12:18] | I decided to hoof it through the tunnel. | 我决定步行通过隧道 |
[12:20] | Well, now, that’s something. | 嗯,这还像个样子 |
[12:22] | I don’t know if I lost track of time or what. | 我不知道是不是忘了时间什么的 |
[12:24] | – The next thing I knew… – A train is bearing down on you? | – 接下来我知道的… – 一辆火车压在了你身上吗? |
[12:27] | No, I slipped and fell in mud… | 不是,我滑了一跤掉泥坑里了… |
[12:29] | …ruining the very pants I was about to return. | …毁了那条我正打算还回去的裤子 |
[12:35] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[12:37] | You were wearing the pants you were returning? | 你要把裤子还回去,但你还穿着它? |
[12:41] | Well, I guess I was. | 我猜我是穿着它 |
[12:44] | What were you gonna wear on the way back? | 那你打算穿什么回来呢? |
[12:47] | Elaine, are you listening? | 伊莲,你在听吗? |
[12:49] | I didn’t even get there. | 我压根没去成那儿 |
[12:54] | – All right. Next story. – I think I’ve got enough for one day. | – 好吧,下一个故事 – 我觉得我已经找够一天的故事了 |
[12:57] | – Yeah, chew on that. – I’ll chew on that. | – 是啊,考虑一下吧 – 我会考虑的 |
[12:59] | Hey, listen. By the way, I’m hosting a little get-together tonight… | 听着,顺便说一下 今晚我要主办一个小聚会… |
[13:02] | …in honor of my little financial upturn. | …来庆祝我的财政小回暖 |
[13:05] | Oh, thanks, I’ve got plans. | 哦,谢了,我已经有安排了 |
[13:07] | Yeah, Elaine, you should be there to document it. | 对啊,伊莲,你应该参加,去做个记录 |
[13:09] | Oh, you’re getting together with some of your jackass friends? | 哦,你要跟那些蠢驴朋友们聚会吗? |
[13:13] | – You want me to take notes? – Yeah, but get there after 9. | – 你是想让我记笔记吗? – 是啊,但要在9点后到 |
[13:16] | You know, give the people a chance to loosen up. | 你知道的,得给大家一个机会放松一下 |
[13:27] | So you’re denying him the scholarship because he wants to be a planner? | 这么说你拒绝他的奖学金申请 是因为他想成为规划师吗? |
[13:30] | I was betrayed. | 我被背叛了 |
[13:33] | That kid was like a son to me. | 那孩子对我来说曾经像儿子一样 |
[13:35] | If there’s one person you should be able to hold down… | 如果你应当制止一个人的话… |
[13:38] | …it’s your own flesh and blood. | …那也只能是你自己的亲骨肉 |
[13:40] | Like my father and my father’s father before him. | 就象我父亲和祖父一样 |
[13:44] | You know, maybe philanthropy is not your field. | 你知道吗?也许慈善事业不是你擅长的 |
[13:49] | Hello. Oh, hi, Ellen. Yeah, I called the hotel. | 你好,哦,嗨,埃伦 嗯,我给宾馆打过电话了 |
[13:51] | – We’re set for the weekend. – Spending the weekend with Ellen? | – 我们要安排度周末了 – 要跟埃伦一起过周末吗? |
[13:54] | Vermont. | 佛蒙特州 |
[13:56] | You know, we can stay an extra couple of days if we want. | 如果我们想的话,可以多呆两天的 |
[13:59] | Four days at a beautiful bed-and-breakfast. | 过四天美妙的包食宿假日 |
[14:02] | I can’t wait. | 我都等不及了 |
[14:04] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[14:10] | What? | 啥? |
[14:12] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[14:17] | – You wanna start? – No, no, no. You go ahead. | – 你要说吗? – 不不不,你先 |
[14:20] | I gotta get my thoughts together. | 我要理一下思绪 |
[14:23] | Jerry, this whole Ellen situation has gone far enough. | 杰瑞,整个埃伦的状况 已经太离谱了 |
[14:28] | – What? – Jerry, she’s a loser. | – 啥? – 杰瑞,她是个不合群 |
[14:32] | Where is this coming from? She’s great. | 从哪儿得出的啊?她很好 |
[14:35] | Why are you doing this, Jerry? | 你为什么要这么做呢,杰瑞? |
[14:37] | Is it your career? Things are gonna pick up. | 这是你的事业吗?事情是要处理的 |
[14:40] | There’s nothing wrong with my career. | 我的事业一点问题都没有 |
[14:43] | I like the Bloomingdale’s executive training program for him. | 我想给他安排个高管培训计划 |
[14:46] | We weren’t gonna discuss that now. | 我们现在并不是要讨论这个 |
[14:48] | – It’s something he should consider. – Of course he should. | – 这是他应该考虑的事情 – 他当然应该 |
[14:51] | – But now is not the time. – Listen, these issues are interrelated. | – 但现在还不是时候 – 听着,这些事情都是有内在关联的 |
[14:54] | All right. Excuse me. | 好吧,原谅我吧 |
[14:57] | I’m not buying any of this. | 我不吃你们这一套的 |
[14:59] | So, what are you saying? That we’re wrong? Everybody’s wrong but you. | 那你是什么意思? 说我们错了吗?除你之外大家都错了? |
[15:02] | This is like that Twilight Zone where the guy wakes up… | 这就像贫民区一样 那个人醒来… |
[15:05] | …and he’s the same, and everybody else is different. | …他还是一样的,但别人都不一样了 |
[15:07] | – Which one? – They were all like that. | – 哪个人? – 他们都是那样 |
[15:16] | Why did you take away my scholarship, Mr. Costanza? | 克斯坦萨先生 你为什么撤掉我的奖学金了? |
[15:19] | Well, Steven, I… | 那个史蒂文,我… |
[15:25] | These are my new friends… | 这些是我的新朋友… |
[15:26] | …the Van Buren Boys. | …范布伦花花公子们 |
[15:28] | He became so disillusioned, he had to join us. | 他变得那么心灰意冷 他必须加入我们 |
[15:33] | – Nice. – I want my scholarship back… | – 很好 – 我想要回我的奖学金 |
[15:35] | …so I can be a city planner. | …这样我就能当城市规划师了 |
[15:37] | What about architect, Steven? | 当建筑师怎么样,史蒂文? |
[15:40] | City planner. | 当城市规划师 |
[15:48] | – Great party, K-Man. – You got that straight. | – 聚会真棒,小克 – 你变的那么直接了 |
[15:50] | Elaine, try the beef, because that’s real au jus sauce. Real au jus sauce. | 伊莲,尝尝牛肉吧,那是真正的神户牛 货真价实的 |
[15:55] | – I’ll make a note of it. – Hey, Kramer. | – 我会把它记下来的 – 嗨,克莱默 |
[15:57] | – Yeah. – Ramirez has never heard your story. | – 嗯 – 拉米雷斯从来都没听过你的故事 |
[16:00] | Oh, okay. | 哦,好吧 |
[16:01] | Well, I had Bob Sacamano on the phone… | 我跟鲍勃・萨卡曼努打电话… |
[16:03] | …and I suddenly realized that l… – Hey, Kramer, Kramer. | – …然后我突然就发现我… – 嗨,克莱默,克莱默 |
[16:06] | You can’t tell that story now. | 你现在不能讲那个故事 |
[16:08] | It belongs to Peterman. | 它是属于彼特曼的 |
[16:10] | – What do you mean? – You signed the release. | – 你什么意思啊? – 你签了让渡合约了 |
[16:12] | – Yeah. – He sat in mud, not you. | – 是啊 – 是他坐在泥坑里,不是你了 |
[16:17] | – But I did sit in mud. – You didn’t. | – 但我确实坐进了泥坑里 – 你没有 |
[16:20] | You never sat in mud. | 你从没有坐进过泥坑里 |
[16:21] | I was all dirty. | 我都脏透了 |
[16:24] | – It never happened, you understand? – Come on. | – 这事从没发生过,你明白吗? – 拜托 |
[16:28] | – Hey, all right. Yeah. – Finish the story? | – 嗨,好吧,是哦 – 把故事讲完? |
[16:30] | Oh, yeah, well, l… Yeah, the pants… They… | 哦,嗯,那个,我… 嗯,那个裤子…他们… |
[16:33] | They… They fit well and so I decided I wasn’t gonna return them. | 他们…裤子很合适所以我决定 不还回去了 |
[16:42] | – Getting late. We better get going. – Okay. | – 很晚了,我们还是走吧 – 好吧 |
[16:44] | You’re gonna go now? | 你们现在就要走吗? |
[16:47] | Hey, whoa. Come… | 嗨,喂,过来… |
[16:49] | I don’t… | 我不… |
[16:50] | Kramer, Kramer, I got big trouble with the Van Buren Boys. | 克莱默,克莱默,我跟范布伦花花公子们 结下大梁子了 |
[16:54] | – They’re tough cookies. – I heard that you… | – 他们可都是狠角色 – 我听说你… |
[16:57] | …got on their good side. What did you do? | …惹上了他们中好的那派 你做了什么啊? |
[17:00] | Oh, nothing, nothing. | 哦,没啥,没啥 |
[17:02] | No, I certainly don’t have any stories if that’s what you’re implying. | 不,我当然没有什么故事 如果你们是在暗示这个的话 |
[17:07] | You know what those guys are gonna do? | 你知道那些人会做些什么吗? |
[17:09] | Yeah, well, you didn’t hear it from me… | 那个,你没从我这儿听说过… |
[17:11] | …but the Van Buren Boys, they never hassle their own kind. | …但是范布伦花花公子们 他们从来都不欺负自己人 |
[17:15] | You mean, like a former member? | 你是说,装成前任会员那样? |
[17:23] | These Kramer stories are unusable. | 这些克莱默故事都是不能用的 |
[17:27] | I mean, some of them aren’t even stories. | 我是说,其中一些根本就不是故事 |
[17:30] | Look, this is the list of things in his apartment. | 看吧,这是他公寓里东西的清单 |
[17:35] | Is my toaster oven on there? | 我的烤箱在名单上吗? |
[17:39] | How am I ever gonna turn this into a book? | 我怎么才能把这个编进书里呀? |
[17:42] | Well, just shape them, change them. You’re a writer. | – 先塑造它们,再改变它们 – 你可是个作家啊 |
[17:46] | Yes… | 是哦… |
[17:48] | …I’m a writer. | …我是个作家 |
[17:50] | Make them interesting. | 写得有趣些 |
[17:52] | Interesting. | 有趣 |
[17:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:56] | People love interesting writing. | 人们喜欢有趣的作品 |
[18:01] | Well, I gotta go to the airport. I’m picking up my parents. | – 那个,我得去趟机场 – 去接我爸妈 |
[18:04] | What? Weren’t they just here? | 啥?他们刚才不还在这儿吗? |
[18:06] | Yeah, I’m flying them in to meet Ellen. | 是的,我让他们飞过来见埃伦 |
[18:08] | I don’t know where to turn. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[18:10] | – I gotta see what they think of her. – Maybe we can have dinner later. | – 我要看看他们觉得她怎样 – 说不定我们待会可以一起吃晚饭呢 |
[18:13] | I don’t think so. I’m gonna try to get them to fly right back tonight. | 我可不这么想,我要让他们今晚飞回去 |
[18:17] | Oh, hey. Hey, have I told you about my bunions? | 噢,嗨,嗨,我跟你说过我有姆囊炎没? |
[18:20] | You’re going to love this story. | 你会爱上这个故事的 |
[18:22] | So I line up my cold cuts on the couch next to me… | 我把我的冷盘在旁边的沙发上排成一行… |
[18:25] | …but as I’m stacking them up they keep falling into my footbath. | …但是当我正要把它们堆起来时 它们就不断的掉进我的脚盆里 |
[18:28] | Kramer, this is awful. | 克莱默,这太可怕了 |
[18:30] | We don’t wanna hear about this. | 我们不想听这个 |
[18:32] | – Damn. – What? | – 该死 – 啥? |
[18:34] | Oh, I bought a bunch of bunion stories from Newman. | 哦,我从纽曼那买了一堆姆囊炎故事 |
[18:37] | But they all stink. | 但都很烂 |
[18:39] | – How much did you pay for them? – Eight bucks. | – 花了多少钱呀? – 8块 |
[18:42] | I think I’m getting ripped off. | 我觉得我被坑了 |
[18:45] | Newman! | 纽曼 |
[18:49] | Well, what didn’t you like about the first chapter? | 那你不喜欢第一章哪里啊? |
[18:53] | Well, it started out nicely. | 嗯,开头挺好的 |
[18:55] | I’m returning some pants… | 我要去还裤子… |
[18:57] | …a very identifiable problem. | …是一挺个性的问题 |
[19:01] | I set off down a train tunnel. | 我起身下了火车隧道 |
[19:03] | Now, that’s where the story takes a most unappealing turn. | 就这儿,就是这故事最没意思的转折 |
[19:06] | Oh, no, no, that’s where it gets interesting. | 噢,不,不,是从这开始变有趣了 |
[19:09] | Don’t you see? The train is bearing down on you… | 你不明白吗?火车就要压在你身上了… |
[19:12] | …you dive into a side tunnel… | …你跳进了旁边的隧道… |
[19:14] | …and you run into a whole band of underground tunnel dwellers. | …然后你闯进了一个地下隧道 |
[19:19] | and obvious. | 听起来可真是陈词滥调毫无悬念呀 |
[19:22] | It’s not interesting writing. | 这不是有意思的作品 |
[19:25] | Yeah, yeah, I know. | 是的,是的,我知道 |
[19:28] | How about if instead of diving from the train, you…? | 如果改成从火车上跳下去 然后你…觉得怎样? |
[19:34] | I don’t know. You slip and fall in some mud… | 我不知道,你滑了一跤掉进了泥里… |
[19:40] | …and ruin your pants? | …然后裤子毁了? |
[19:45] | The very pants I was returning. | 就那条我正要还回去的裤子 |
[19:51] | That’s perfect irony. Elaine, that is interesting writing. | 这可是绝妙的反讽 伊莲,这是有趣的作品 |
[19:56] | I have a Cosmo Kramer on line four. | 4号钱,克莱默打过来 |
[20:00] | – Peterman here. – Mr. Peterson… | – 我是彼特曼 – 彼特曼先生… |
[20:02] | …you gotta sell me my stories back. | …你得把我的故事再卖给我 |
[20:04] | You wanna know something? I no longer need them. | 你知道不?我不再需要它们了 |
[20:08] | No, no, no, Mr. Peterman, why don’t we keep them as a reference. | 别,别,别,彼特曼先生,为什么 不把这些故事留下来当参考呢 |
[20:11] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[20:13] | I have Benes’ wonderfully imaginative mind to spin my stories. | 我要用贝尼斯的惊人的想像力 来继续我的故事 |
[20:17] | You take back your tales, you vagabond. | 把你的想法拿回去吧,你个流浪汉 |
[20:20] | There you are, Elaine. Go forth and create. | 给你,伊莲,继续创作吧 |
[20:23] | And by the way, when you get to that chapter about romantic escapades… | 顺便说说,当你写到浪漫的恶作剧 那章的时候… |
[20:27] | …feel free to toss yourself into the mix. | …无拘无束的把自己投入到那堆 乱麻中去吧 |
[20:36] | Hey, Van B Boys. | 嗨,范布伦花花公子们 |
[20:37] | So, Mr. Costanza, did you get my scholarship back? | 这么说来,克斯坦萨先生 你把我的奖学金弄回来没? |
[20:40] | Now, fellas, fellas, easy. | 伙计,伙计,放松点 |
[20:43] | Wouldn’t wanna beat up on one of your own. | 自己人不打自己人 |
[20:45] | Is that right? | 是吗? |
[20:46] | Then why don’t you flash us the sign? | 那你为什么不亮出标志给我们看呢? |
[20:51] | Right. | 好吧 |
[20:54] | The sign. | 标志 |
[21:04] | That’s not the sign. | 那不是标志 |
[21:06] | It was when I was banging. | 我以前在帮派的时候它是 |
[21:09] | All right… | 好吧… |
[21:10] | …if you are really one of us… | …如果你真是我们的人… |
[21:12] | …let’s see you take the wallet off the next guy who walks by. | …那就让大家看看 你抢路过那家伙的钱包吧 |
[21:17] | Love to. | 非常乐意 |
[21:22] | And after college I got my master’s at the Sorbonne. | 大学之后我拿到了巴黎大学的硕士学位 |
[21:25] | Sorbonne. Oh, hey, that’s in Paris. | 巴黎大学,哦,嘿,在巴黎 |
[21:29] | Jerry, your parking meter is about to expire. | 杰瑞,你的停车位快到时间了 |
[21:31] | Don’t get up. I’ve got change. | 你别去,我有零钱 |
[21:37] | – So, what do you think? – Jerry, she is fantastic. | – 那,你们有啥想法没? – 杰瑞,她太好了 |
[21:40] | I knew it. I’m not crazy. | 我知道啊,我又不是傻的 |
[21:42] | She’s so sweet. | 她多善解人意啊 |
[21:44] | And she’s got some body on her. | 而且身材不错 |
[21:46] | And smart, like a computer. | 还很聪明,像计算机一样 |
[21:50] | And so much personality. But it doesn’t matter what we think. | 还有丰富的个性 但我们怎么想都不重要 |
[21:54] | Do you like her? | 你喜欢她吗? |
[21:57] | Now I’m not so sure. | 现在还不确定 |
[21:59] | She’s 10 times better than that awful Amber girl that you were with. | 她比你那个可怕的前女友安伯好十倍 |
[22:03] | Yeah, Amber. I wonder if she’s back from Vegas. | 对呀,安伯 不知道她从拉斯维加斯回来没 |
[22:12] | All right, no more stalling. | 好了,不拖泥带水了 |
[22:13] | Next one or you’re meat. | 就下一个,不然你打到你成肉饼 |
[22:16] | All right. All right. | 好吧,好吧 |
[22:21] | – Seinfelds. – Hey, George. | – 宋飞叔 – 嗨,乔治 |
[22:23] | You gotta do me a favor. | 你得帮我个忙 |
[22:25] | Give me your wallet. I’ll give it back to you later. | 把你的钱包给我 我随后还你 |
[22:27] | How are your folks? | 你们好吗? |
[22:29] | Trying to pick out a new couch. You don’t wanna know. | 试着选一新沙发 你不会想知道的 |
[22:31] | Give me your wallet or I’ll spill your guts right here on the street. | 把你的钱包给我 不然我就你们的心挖出来 |
[22:36] | What did you say? | 你说啥? |
[22:37] | Come on, hurry up, old man. | 拜托,快点,老伙计 |
[22:39] | I’m an animal. | 我是个禽兽 |
[22:41] | You’re being very rude. Come on, Morty. | 你真粗鲁 快点啦,莫蒂 |
[22:43] | – Please, they’re gonna hit me. – What? | – 求你了,他们会揍我的 – 什么? |
[22:45] | George Costanza, what is the matter with you? | 乔治・克斯坦萨,你咋啦你? |
[22:50] | Tell your parents we said hi. | 帮我问候你父母 |