时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | If you want to know what I’m up to, | 如果想知道我在干什么 |
[00:01] | all you have to do is look at my feed, and you’ll see. | 只需要关注我的动态 你就都明白了 |
[00:03] | My man, my mani, | 我的美男 我的美甲 |
[00:06] | my mini, which is actually a Fiat, | 美车迷你 其实是菲亚特 |
[00:08] | #less basic bitch. | #不烂俗的婊 |
[00:10] | Henry, on the other hand, wasn’t on instagram. | 而亨利并没有玩Ins |
[00:12] | So if you want to know what the hell he’s doing, | 所以如果你想知道他到底在干什么 |
[00:14] | you have to stop by his office. | 就得到他办公室去看看 |
[00:16] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[00:17] | This soothing balm is causing me a great deal of discomfort. | 这个止痛药膏简直让我头疼万分 |
[00:22] | Our diaper cream sales have been…well, stinky. | 我们尿布疹膏的销量简直是 衰 |
[00:26] | – We should sell it as an eye cream. – What? | -我们可以把它当眼霜卖啊 -什么 |
[00:29] | I read on some beauty blog that’s what J-albs does. | 我看过一些美容博客 J-albs就是这么干的 |
[00:32] | Or J-Lo. | 或者是J-Lo[詹妮弗·洛佩兹] |
[00:34] | One of the J’s. | 反正是个J开头的 |
[00:35] | Look. | 你看 |
[00:38] | I must admit, your under-eye region… | 不得不承认 你的下眼睑 |
[00:41] | does look luminous. | 的确闪闪发光 |
[00:42] | Mm-hmm. I call it “Butt eyes.” | 我要称它为 屁股眼 |
[00:45] | No. No, you don’t. That is a terrible name. | 不不 不行 这名字太挫了 |
[00:47] | But it is a solid idea. | 但你这主意不错 |
[00:49] | We market our diaper cream for an unexpected use. | 可以拿尿布疹膏让人意想不到的用途作为卖点 |
[00:52] | We target new moms who aren’t getting enough sleep | 把目标客户定位为不能好好睡觉的新晋妈妈 |
[00:55] | and could desperately use — | 她们可是非常需要… |
[00:56] | Butt eyes! | 屁股眼 |
[00:57] | Please stop saying that. | 求你别说了 |
[00:58] | I promise I can come up with a better name. | 我肯定能想出更好的名字 |
[01:00] | A little bit of you, a little bit of me, right? | 有你的一半也有我的一半 |
[01:03] | Right. | 没错 |
[01:04] | In the meantime,Go pitch this to Saperstein! | 快去把这主意告诉萨珀斯坦 |
[01:06] | He’s gonna love it! | 他肯定会喜欢的 |
[01:07] | Yeah. | 那个 |
[01:08] | I’m more of a “Have the idea” person. | 我是那种”想到主意”的人 |
[01:10] | I’m not really, like, a “Bring the idea to Saperstein” person. | “把想法告诉萨珀斯坦”可不是我的作风 |
[01:12] | Eliza, this is a good idea, | 伊莉莎 这可是个好主意啊 |
[01:14] | and I want him to know that it’s yours. | 我希望他能知道 这是你想出来的 |
[01:15] | Here’s another one I had — the blorkel. | 我还想出了这个 呼吸毯 |
[01:17] | It’s a blanket with a built-in snorkel. | 自带呼吸管的毛毯 |
[01:20] | – So — – Mm, yeah. | -所以 -好吧 |
[01:21] | You have a strong, viable idea for this company | 你有一个很棒的可行方案给公司 |
[01:24] | whose value far exceeds that of an aquatic blanket. | 这家公司的价值可比什么水下呼吸毯高多了 |
[01:27] | So go to Saperstein. | 赶紧去找萨珀斯坦 |
[01:28] | Pitch him your diaper-cream concept this very instant! | 马上把你这个尿布疹膏的概念告诉他 |
[01:31] | “Srsly”? | 尊的吗 |
[01:32] | Seriously. | 认真的 |
[01:35] | It’s so you can breathe under the covers, right? | 可以让你在里面呼吸是吗 |
[01:37] | – What? – The blorkel. | -什么 -呼吸毯 |
[01:39] | Oh! Yeah. Exactly. | 没错 就是这样 |
[01:42] | If I were you, I’d “Shark Tank” that one. | 如果我是你 我就去《创智赢家》试试 |
[01:44] | Maybe I will. | 也许我会的 |
[01:45] | I’ll give you $100 for 90% of your company! | 我给你100美元 购买你公司90%的股份 |
[02:11] | Oopsies! | 哎呀 |
[02:12] | Yes, my oopsies, as well. | 对 我也哎呀 |
[02:14] | Oh. You are Eliza Dooley’s acquaintances, are you not? | 你们是伊莉莎·杜丽的朋友吧 |
[02:17] | Wren and…Prue? | 蕾恩 布鲁 |
[02:19] | He got it right. | 他说对了 |
[02:21] | We’re delivering hand-crafted sandwiches | 我们来送手工三明治 |
[02:23] | for Bryn’s artisanal farm-to-conference-table food concept. | 践行布琳”农场直达会议室”的食物工匠情怀 |
[02:26] | Ah, yes. I hear they’ve amassed quite a following upstairs. | 对 我听说他们在楼上得到了不少支持 |
[02:30] | Wren must be enjoying a healthy profit. | 蕾恩肯定获得了很好的利润 |
[02:31] | Um, actually, since we all make the sandwiches, | 其实 我们都做三明治 |
[02:34] | we’re all enjoying profit. | 所以大家都获利 |
[02:36] | We’ve bucked the traditional corporate structure | 我们反对传统的公司结构 |
[02:39] | in favor of a shared equity model, so… | 更倾向于大家公平分配 所以… |
[02:41] | Well, good luck with that. | 祝你们好运 |
[02:43] | – Dig the shoes. – Pardon? | -鞋不错 -你说什么 |
[02:45] | I said, “Dig the shoes.” | 我说你的鞋不错 |
[02:49] | Thank you. Nice… | 谢谢 你的… |
[02:52] | leather-bound early edition copy of “Little Women.” | 皮面早期版本《小妇人》也不错 |
[02:55] | Yeah, I wrote an analysis of that novel for my women’s studies thesis. | 我妇女研究课的论文就写的是《小妇人》的分析 |
[02:58] | I see. And in your thesis, what exactly did you “Thees”? | 这样啊 那你的论文里 都论了些啥呢 |
[03:02] | I argued that a Jo and Laurie marriage | 我认为如果乔和劳里结婚 |
[03:04] | would have made a superior ending due to their obvious — | 将会是极好的结局 因为很显然他们之间的… |
[03:06] | Sexual tension? | 性吸引力 |
[03:08] | I couldn’t agree more. | 不能同意更多 |
[03:10] | Okay, speaking of sexual tension, you guys… | 好吧 说到性吸引 你们俩… |
[03:16] | …or is this just regular tension? | 还是说这只是普通的状态 |
[03:19] | I’m gonna head back. | 我要回去了 |
[03:21] | You should come by our book club, Henry. | 有空的话 来我们读书俱乐部吧 亨利 |
[03:23] | It should be fun to have, like, a male perspective. | 有个男性的观点挺不错的 |
[03:26] | Yeah, I-I’ll think about it. Yeah. | 我会考虑的 |
[03:29] | Prue, take it down six notches. | 布鲁 请把兴奋度调低六档 |
[03:34] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[03:35] | Omg, h-dog, | 我了个大去呀 |
[03:37] | I am pumped like some re-released reeboks. | 简直就像再发行的锐步一样兴奋 |
[03:39] | – Tell me! – just bid on and won | -快给我说说 -我刚刚竞拍成功了 |
[03:41] | a pair of limited edish Marc Jacobs jellies! | 一双限定款马克·雅各布果冻鞋 |
[03:43] | ShopShifter USER BabyFuzz | 用户名宝贝热 |
[03:45] | can straight up suck it in some Havianas. | 可以穿着Havianas玩蛋去了 |
[03:47] | I’m sorry. I-I am confused. | 不好意思 我没明白你在说啥 |
[03:49] | She’s the ratchet I was bidding against. | 她是我的竞拍对手 |
[03:50] | And havianas are, like, the every flip-flop. | Havianas就是最普通的人字拖 |
[03:53] | No. Eliza, what happened with sam saperstein | 不 伊莉莎 你给山姆·萨珀斯坦说的 |
[03:55] | – when you told him your idea? – Oh, that. | -那个主意怎么样了 -那个事啊 |
[03:58] | Okay, so, I was on my way to Saperstein’s office, | 好吧 我正准备去萨珀斯坦的办公室 |
[04:00] | and I started think about how “Sapers” sounds like zappos… | 突然想到”萨珀斯”听起来很像美捷步[卖鞋网站] |
[04:04] | No, it doesn’t. | 一点都不像 |
[04:04] | which in turn reminded me that I needed a good water shoe. | 然后我就想到我需要一双好一点的水鞋 |
[04:07] | A water sh– why does anyone need a good water — | 水鞋 为什么还有人需要水鞋 |
[04:09] | And I’d been fiending for those M.J.’s, | 我最近又非常痴迷马克·雅各布的款 |
[04:11] | and then it was like, “Seize the day.” | 所以我就想 要把握时机 |
[04:14] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[04:15] | No, I don’t know. | 我不懂 |
[04:16] | In fact, I’m fairly certain the “Carpe diem” philosophy | 我很确定”把握今天”的哲理 |
[04:19] | does not apply to online shoe shopping. | 并不适用于网上买鞋 |
[04:23] | All right, this is not longer an ask. This is a demand. | 好吧 这已经不是请求了 这是命令 |
[04:26] | Follow through on your great idea. | 把你的好主意坚持到底 |
[04:28] | I am personally walking you over to Saperstein’s office. | 我要亲自把你送到萨珀斯坦的办公室去 |
[04:31] | Right now. Out of your chair. Let’s go. | 就现在 站起来 走着 |
[04:33] | Um, I can walk by myself, thank you very much. | 我自己能走 谢谢 |
[04:35] | All right. Okay? | 好吧 |
[04:38] | Starting now. | 从现在开始算起 |
[04:40] | And so, you’ll notice my under-eye region | 这样你就会注意到我的下眼睑 |
[04:42] | is as smooth and supple as a baby’s back door.The end. | 就像婴儿的菊花一样光滑柔嫩 说完了 |
[04:46] | That’s remarkable. | 太棒了 |
[04:48] | And I love how I knew your presentation had finished. | 我很喜欢你告诉我你已经说完了 |
[04:55] | No, don’t look at me, sir. This is all her. | 不 别看我 都是她的想法 |
[04:58] | Miss Dooley, if I had my druthers, | 杜丽小姐 如果我能选择的话 |
[04:59] | we’d squirt diaper cream on the face | 我们就会给全国 |
[05:01] | of every woman in this country, whether she liked it or not. | 每个女人的脸上都挤上尿布疹膏 爱抹不抹 |
[05:03] | Yikes. | 哎呀 |
[05:04] | The only…problem | 唯一的问题就是 |
[05:06] | is that we can’t legally advertise a product | 我们不能拿一个产品的其他用途 |
[05:08] | for something other than its intended use. | 代替它本来的用途来做宣传 |
[05:10] | – Oh, well. – No. Not “Oh, well.” | -这下好了 -不要这么说 |
[05:12] | – Never “Oh, well.” – Okay. | -永远不要说”这下好了” -好 |
[05:14] | We need an unofficial way to get the word out. | 我们需要通过非官方途径把消息传出去 |
[05:16] | Well, what about Twitter? | 用推特怎么样 |
[05:18] | I have hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitter and Instagram | 我推特和Ins有好几十万粉丝呢 |
[05:20] | and dozens of contacts waiting to connect with me on LinkedIn. | 还有好几十号人想在领英上加我 |
[05:23] | I can get the word out… unofficially. | 我可以帮你传播消息 非官方的 |
[05:25] | By all means, tweet, gram, uh, link in. | 尽情推吧 发图吧 领英吧 |
[05:29] | – Okay. – You know what’s happening right now? | -好的 -你知道现在发生什么了吗 |
[05:31] | A brainstorming sesh. | 头脑风暴 |
[05:32] | We’re riffing. It’s a riff. | 百乐齐鸣 我们在搞创作 |
[05:35] | We’re like a corporate jazz trio | 我们就像是爵士三人组 |
[05:36] | trying to figure out a profit tune. | 试图写出能大卖的旋律 |
[05:43] | Henry on the hi-hat. | 亨利来踩镲 |
[05:46] | Eliza Dooley on the French horn. | 伊莉莎·杜丽 法国圆号 |
[05:47] | Uh, I don’t know what we’re doing here. | 我不知道你们在干什么 |
[05:48] | Solo. It’s your solo. | 独奏 该你独奏了 |
[05:53] | * Don’t really know what a French horn sounds like * | * 不知道法国圆号应该是什么声音 * |
[05:57] | Mr. Saperstein, there’s a — | 萨珀斯坦先生 有一个… |
[06:02] | I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you were riffing. | 不好意思 我不知道你们在搞创作 |
[06:04] | I will let the board know you’re in a jazz meeting. | 我去通知董事会 你在开爵士会议 |
[06:06] | Thank you, Joan. | 谢谢 琼 |
[06:14] | That night, for the first time ever, | 那天晚上 我有史以来第一次 |
[06:16] | I took my work home with me | 回到家后还继续工作 |
[06:18] | and tried to come up with a hashtag | 绞尽脑汁试图想出一个话题 |
[06:20] | to make butt eyes go viral. | 让”屁股眼”疯狂传播 |
[06:22] | 谁在乎亨利怎么想 可能他现在就在家里 看一部关于纪录片 的纪录片呢 | |
[06:23] | Why do people favorite when they can re-tweet? | 明明能转发 为啥要点赞 |
[06:25] | Nut up, dude! | 有点胆量好吗 |
[06:29] | My mom’s such a coward. | 我妈真是个懦夫 |
[06:32] | Hey, do you want to meet my mom? | 你想不想见见我妈 |
[06:34] | They’re in town this week. Hmm? | 他们这周要来这里 |
[06:35] | Hmm? Who’s in town? | 什么 谁要来 |
[06:36] | My parents. | 我父母 |
[06:38] | Oh, you want me to meet the parents? | 你想让我见你父母 |
[06:40] | Like in that movie, uh, “Meet the Parents”? | 就像那部电影《拜见公婆大人》 |
[06:43] | Yeah. I mean, unless you’re not into it. | 是啊 除非你不太想见 |
[06:46] | Hmm? I’m fully into it. | 什么 我完全愿意 |
[06:48] | – Yeah? – Yeah! Hell yeah. | -是吗 -必须的呀 |
[06:50] | Hell yeah. Hmm. | 必须的 |
[06:52] | Great. | 太好了 |
[06:55] | Okay, you know what? Hashtags would have to wait. | 好吧 想话题什么的可以等一等 |
[06:58] | I had a super-hot guy in my bed who was… | 我床上有一个超级性感的男子正在… |
[07:06] | Good morning! How are you? But keep your answer brief, | 早上好 你好吗 请回答简短些 |
[07:08] | ’cause I’m really just waiting to tell you how I am. | 因为我迫不及待要告诉你我怎么样了 |
[07:10] | I’m fine! How are you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[07:11] | I think I’m okay, but last night, for the first time ever, | 我还好 不过昨天晚上 有史以来第一次 |
[07:13] | Freddy and I slept together without sleeping together. | 弗雷迪跟我上了同一张床 却没有上床 |
[07:18] | Meaning I didn’t ride the pony to pound town. | 也就是说我没有骑上他的小马去极乐小镇 |
[07:22] | I got that. | 我知道了 |
[07:24] | Well? | 那么 |
[07:25] | Why aren’t you exploding into a million Charmoniques | 为什么你没有爆炸成无数个小人 |
[07:28] | and scurrying across the floor in shock?! | 震惊地跑遍整层楼呢 |
[07:30] | Because I’m not shocked. | 因为我并没有震惊到 |
[07:31] | It sounds like your relationship with freddy is maturing. | 听起来你和弗雷迪的恋情正在走向成熟 |
[07:33] | Yeah. He asked me to meet the parents. | 是啊 他让我见他的父母 |
[07:36] | Oh, you mean like in that movie “Meet the Fockers”? | 你是说跟那部电影《拜见岳父大人》一样吗 |
[07:38] | Yeah, but back to us not having sex. | 是的 但说回到我们没有上床这件事 |
[07:40] | Is that what happens in mature relationships? | 成熟的恋情就会这样吗 |
[07:43] | Every relationship is different, | 每段恋情都不尽相同 |
[07:45] | but none of them are different, yes? | 但又都如出一辙 |
[07:47] | That’s how you know you’re on the next level, though, | 不过 这样你就知道你们进入了下一阶段 |
[07:49] | when you think about more than just having sex with them. | 你心里不再只是想着跟对方上床 |
[07:56] | Are you thinking about having sex with him right now? | 你现在在想着跟他上床吗 |
[07:58] | No! | 没有 |
[08:01] | Okay, get away from my desk. | 好吧 离我桌子远点 |
[08:13] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[08:14] | God! | 天呐 |
[08:15] | God! My heart is racing. | 老天 我心跳都加速了 |
[08:18] | Mine, too. Workplace rendezvous? | 我也是 办公室约会哈 |
[08:20] | This is not a rendezvous. | 这不是约会 |
[08:21] | Technically, any meeting is a rendezvous. | 严格来说 任何会面都是约会 |
[08:25] | Touche. | 说得对 |
[08:26] | And additionally, please leave. | 另外 请你离开 |
[08:29] | I’m sorry? | 不好意思你说什么 |
[08:30] | I’m sorry, Wren, but I learned in my women’s studies seminar | 不好意思 蕾恩 我从女性研究研讨会上学到 |
[08:33] | that no one likes to be falsely encouraged. | 没有人喜欢被错误地鼓励 |
[08:36] | So I must respectfully express | 所以我必须满怀敬意地表达 |
[08:37] | that I am not interested in forging a romantic convergence. | 我对建立浪漫关系不感兴趣 |
[08:42] | With you. | 跟你建立关系 |
[08:43] | Yeah. Got it. | 是啊 明白了 |
[08:45] | Thanks for being so frank. | 感谢你如此坦诚 |
[08:50] | Wren, hold on a second. | 蕾恩 等等 |
[08:57] | I’m not really a muffin guy, so… | 我不太喜欢吃松饼 所以… |
[09:08] | Sir, Charlie said you wanted to see me? | 老板 查理说你想见我 |
[09:10] | Uh, yes. That’s exactly what I told him to say. | 是的 我就是让他这么说的 |
[09:13] | Come in. Take a seat. | 进来坐 |
[09:17] | Henry, I just wanted to thank you | 亨利 我是想感谢你 |
[09:18] | for the tremendous work you’ve been doing with Eliza. | 和伊莉莎一起做出的伟大贡献 |
[09:21] | I took the liberty of ordering us a celebratory sammie. | 我自作主张给咱们点了庆祝的三明治套餐 |
[09:25] | Oh, cheers. Very kind of you, sir. | 谢谢 您真好 老板 |
[09:28] | You know, Henry, I don’t know the difference | 亨利 我并不知道 |
[09:29] | between a panini and a pokemon. | 神奇帕尼尼三明治跟神奇宝贝有什么区别 |
[09:32] | You don’t? | 真的吗 |
[09:32] | But I do know this little piece of edible sunshine | 但我知道的是 这个美味尤物 |
[09:36] | is the highlight of my day. | 是我一天中最美的时光 |
[09:48] | Sir? | 老板 |
[09:50] | Are you — are you all right? Is there something wrong? | 老板 你还好吗 有什么问题吗 |
[09:54] | E-everything’s wrong. | 一切都有问题 |
[09:56] | Everything! | 一切 |
[09:58] | The old sandwich was sweet, salty, creamy, crisp. | 以前他们做的三明治甜甜的咸咸的油油的脆脆的 |
[10:02] | She was a — a toothsome journey. But this? Th– | 吃的时候简直就是美味旅行 可这个 |
[10:07] | It’s — | 这个… |
[10:09] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[10:15] | Ah, yes. Hello. | 对 你好 |
[10:16] | I just picked up two of your artisan sammies, | 我刚才你们家买了两个手工三明治 |
[10:18] | and I’m just wondering | 我怀疑 |
[10:19] | if we’re up against some sort of chutney issue. | 我们遇到酸辣酱问题了 |
[10:22] | I see. | 知道了 |
[10:23] | Right. Well, uh, thank you for the explanation. | 好 谢谢解释 |
[10:36] | What is the explanation? | 怎么回事 |
[10:38] | Well, Henry, it’s a tale as old as time. | 亨利 故事依旧那么老套 |
[10:40] | Girl makes sandwich, sandwich is delicious, | 姑娘做三明治 做出来一直很好吃 |
[10:43] | boy breaks girl’s heart, | 可是小伙子伤了姑娘的心 |
[10:45] | girl makes new sandwich | 所以姑娘做出的三明治 |
[10:46] | which tastes like ground-up pigeon beak. | 就跟石头磨成粉一样又硬又难吃了 |
[10:48] | And I don’t think I need to tell you how this story ends. | 故事的结局就不用我告诉你了吧 |
[10:51] | You actually do, sir. | 其实需要 老板 |
[10:53] | Boy fixes sandwich, Henry. | 男人才是三明治的关键 亨利 |
[10:57] | Boy fixes sandwich. | 男人才能让三明治变得美味 |
[11:00] | All I said was that I wasn’t interested in her romantically. | 我就只是说我对她不感兴趣 |
[11:03] | It’s not what you said. It’s how you said it. | 重点不是你说了什么 是你说话的方式 |
[11:05] | Come on! What? I’m willing to pay double | 什么 如果能吃回以前美味的三明治 |
[11:07] | if we can have the old, toothsome sandwiches back. | 我愿意出双倍的钱 |
[11:10] | Our cooperative doesn’t bend | 我们合作社是不会 |
[11:12] | to the pressure of the almighty dollar. | 向万能的美元卑躬屈膝的 |
[11:14] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[11:15] | What if you tell me the ingredients | 要不你跟我说制作材料 |
[11:18] | so I can make the sandwich for him myself? | 我自己给他做三明治吃吧 |
[11:20] | Oh, and if I just gave you some brushes, | 如果我给你几把画刷 |
[11:22] | could you paint the “Mona lisa”? | 你就能画出蒙娜丽莎了吗 |
[11:23] | Uh…I think this is a little different. | 这两者不能比吧 |
[11:27] | Out. | 出去 |
[11:32] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[11:38] | All I was trying to do was be honest about my feelings. | 我只是把我的感觉实话实说了而已 |
[11:40] | It’s great that you can be so honest about your feelings, | 你能把自己的感觉坦白说出来很好 |
[11:43] | even if it means hurting someone else’s. | 即使说出来会伤害到别人 |
[11:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:47] | I meant that as a burn. | 我那是在讽刺你 |
[11:48] | Meant mine as a burn, too. | 我说谢谢也是讽刺你 |
[11:50] | “Thank you” was your burn?! | 你讽刺人就是说谢谢吗 |
[11:54] | Per Henry’s instructions, | 根据亨利的指导 |
[11:56] | I was trying to follow through on my diaper-cream idea, | 我想把自己尿布疹膏的点子坚持到底 |
[11:58] | which meant another late night at the office. | 所以又一次加班到很晚 |
[12:04] | What are you still doing here? | 你怎么还在这里 |
[12:05] | Okay. All my push notifications are now diaper-face related. | 现在我的推送通知都是关于尿布疹膏的 |
[12:09] | We’re trending on Pinterest’s life hack board. | 我们现在是图钉网[社交网站]生活妙招版头条呢 |
[12:11] | And I was just re-tweeted by the gay men’s chorus of Los Angeles. | 而且我发的推特刚被洛杉矶的基佬合唱团转发了 |
[12:14] | Aah! | 厉害吧 |
[12:15] | Wow, look at you. | 真没想到啊 |
[12:17] | Working late. I’ve never seen this side of you before. | 你竟然工作到这么晚 你这样我还是第一次见 |
[12:19] | Hey, did you know there’s this guy that comes through | 话说你知道有个人会把每个垃圾桶的垃圾 |
[12:21] | and empties every trash into one giant trash? | 倒进一个大垃圾桶里吗 |
[12:23] | He’s like reverse santa of garbage. | 他就好像是圣诞老人垃圾逆行版 |
[12:26] | Yes, he’s the janitor. | 人家是清洁工人 |
[12:27] | So, I shouldn’t leave cookies for him? | 那我不该给他留曲奇吃喽 |
[12:29] | No, he sees cookies as more work. In fact, | 曲奇对他来说只是增加工作量 其实 |
[12:31] | cookies are just something else that he has to throw away. | 对他来说曲奇也就只是垃圾而已 |
[12:34] | Well, I’m just gonna print off this report | 好吧 那我打印好这份报告 |
[12:35] | illustrating my progress for Saperstein | 向萨珀斯坦说明我的进展 |
[12:37] | and then race off to dinner with Freddy’s parents. | 然后再赶去跟弗雷迪的父母吃晚餐 |
[12:41] | Freddy asked you to meet his parents? | 弗雷迪让你去见他父母了 |
[12:44] | Unless you think I should cancel. | 你觉得我不该去的话我就不去了 |
[12:46] | I don’t want you to say I’m not following through. | 我不想听你说我不坚持到底 |
[12:50] | As someone who has spent far too many nights alone | 鉴于某人那么多夜晚都是跟 |
[12:53] | with the reverse garbage santa, I can tell you | 圣诞老人垃圾逆行版度过的 我跟你说 |
[12:54] | that following through on personal stuff | 在个人问题上坚持到底 |
[12:56] | is just as important. | 也是很重要的 |
[12:59] | So, why are you still here and not with Julia? | 那你为什么不去跟茱莉亚在一起却还在这里 |
[13:02] | Because Julia is a workaholic, like me. | 因为茱莉亚跟我一样是个工作狂 |
[13:05] | I guess that’s why we’re perfect for each other | 所以我们才完美适合对方 |
[13:07] | and seldom together. | 也几乎不怎么在一起吧 |
[13:11] | Meeting the parents. | 要去见家长了啊 |
[13:13] | Wow. Things are getting “Srs.” | 看来你们俩之间要”认尊”了啊 |
[13:15] | “Srsly.” | 必须尊的啊 |
[13:23] | Eliza, try to stay off the phone tonight. | 伊莉莎 今晚不要老盯着手机了 |
[13:25] | The only thing that should be glowing at that table is you. | 饭桌上唯一该闪耀的只有你 |
[13:29] | Glowing. | 闪耀 |
[13:31] | I hope I’m dressed okay. | 希望我穿得还可以 |
[13:32] | I don’t exactly have time to go home and change. | 其实我都没有时间回家换衣服 |
[13:35] | You want to borrow my coat? | 需要借我的外套穿吗 |
[13:36] | Hmm. Maybe. | 好吧 |
[13:41] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[13:43] | – Turn around. – Right. | -转身 -对 |
[13:50] | Well? How do I look? | 怎么样 看起来如何 |
[13:55] | Wow. | 太惊艳了 |
[13:56] | Little bit of you, little bit of me. | 有你的一半也有我的一半 |
[13:59] | That seems to be the winning combination. | 看来这就是最佳组合啊 |
[14:08] | As I drove to meet Freddy and his parents, | 我开车去见弗雷迪的父母时 |
[14:11] | I thought about what Henry had said. | 考虑了一下亨利说的话 |
[14:17] | Some moments are worth putting your phone down for. | 有些场合确实值得你放下手机 |
[14:23] | But more and more, we forget to. | 但是我们却越来越忘记这点 |
[14:26] | Hi. Um, I’m joining them. | 你好 有人在等我 |
[14:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:35] | It was starting to feel like | 我开始感觉 |
[14:36] | the world was divided into two groups of people — | 世界上有两种人 |
[14:39] | Those on their phones and those not on their phones. | 在玩手机的和不在玩手机的 |
[14:44] | But suddenly, it was like the blue haze had lifted. | 但是突然 好像蓝雾突然散去 |
[14:47] | Hi! | 你们好 |
[14:48] | – Oh, hey. Eliza. – Hi! Oh, hi. | -伊莉莎 -你好 |
[14:50] | Wow, she is even more beautiful than on Instagram. | 她本人比在Ins上还漂亮啊 |
[14:52] | Oh. | 过奖 |
[14:53] | We started following you a few weeks ago | 几周前我们看到弗雷迪 |
[14:55] | when Freddy tagged you in one of his pics. | 在照片上圈了你 所以也粉了你 |
[14:57] | – #Stalkers. – #Guilty. | -#跟踪狂 -#正是在下 |
[15:00] | Okay, Eliza, this incredibly internet-savvy couple | 伊莉莎 这两位对网络世界特别了解的人 |
[15:03] | happens to be my parents — this is Brandon and Maisy. | 正是我的父母 布兰登和梅茜 |
[15:05] | Brandon and — and Maisy? | 布兰登和…梅茜吗 |
[15:08] | Uh, you do realize your couple name is mais-‘n-bran. | 你们有意识到你们俩名字合起来是”梅布兰” |
[15:11] | Oh, my God. That is fantastic. | 天哪 太棒了 |
[15:12] | – I love it. – I love it! | -我喜欢 -我也喜欢 |
[15:13] | Huh? I mean, no wonder you’re together, right? | 是吧 难怪你们在一起呢 |
[15:16] | What’s our couple name? | 我们俩的名字合起来呢 |
[15:19] | Um, uh, fry…za. Fryza. | 弗雷…莎 弗雷莎 |
[15:21] | Fryza? | 弗雷莎 |
[15:25] | – F-fryza. – Yeah, Fryza. | -弗雷莎 -弗雷莎 |
[15:27] | Sure. | 当然 |
[15:29] | It wasn’t just that our couple name | 并不只是说我们俩的名字合在一起 |
[15:30] | sounded like a German curse word. | 听起来像德语中骂人的话 |
[15:32] | It was the fact that 90% of the time I spent with Freddy, | 而且我跟弗雷迪在一起时90%的时间 |
[15:35] | we were either doing this… | 要么是在干这个 |
[15:42] | or this | 要么就是这个 |
[15:45] | which prevented me from fully understanding | 所以以前我并不知道 |
[15:47] | that Freddy’s laugh sounds like this… | 弗雷迪是这样笑的… |
[15:53] | …and that he eats his bread like this. | 也不知道他是这样吃面包的 |
[15:57] | Mm! Are we ready to order? | 请问可以点单了吗 |
[15:59] | Madame? | 女士 |
[16:00] | Oh, uh… I’m not sure what I want. | 我不知道吃什么 |
[16:05] | Can you come back to me? | 一会儿再点好吗 |
[16:06] | – Honey? – Um, I’m gonna do the salmon. | -亲爱的 -我要吃三文鱼 |
[16:08] | Oh, yeah. Salmon, please. | 好 我也吃三文鱼 |
[16:10] | Make it three. Salmon sounds great. | 那就来三份三文鱼吧 好像很不错 |
[16:12] | You won’t be disappointed. That’s what we’re famous for. | 一定不会让你们失望 三文鱼是我们的招牌菜 |
[16:16] | I don’t know why I’m having so much trouble | 我不知道为什么下不去手 |
[16:18] | committing to something that sounds so…great. | 点听上去那么棒的东西吃 |
[16:23] | Do some people not like the salmon? | 有人不喜欢吃三文鱼吗 |
[16:24] | Oh, no. Everyone loves the salmon. | 没有 人人都爱三文鱼 |
[16:27] | And, in theory, I should, too. | 理论上 我也应该喜欢的 |
[16:29] | It’s just that I’ve had a lot of salmon recently. | 可是我最近吃太多三文鱼了 |
[16:31] | And I kind of feel like I’ve gotten all I can get out of salmon, | 就好像三文鱼的精髓我都已经品尝过了 |
[16:33] | and I may just have lost my taste for… | 所以我可能没有胃口… |
[16:36] | salmon entirely. | 吃三文鱼了 |
[16:39] | I mean, look. There are other fish in the sea. | 海里还有很多别的鱼[天涯何处无芳草] |
[16:42] | I mean, if salmon doesn’t feel right, | 如果你不想吃三文鱼 |
[16:44] | then you probably shouldn’t force it. | 那你还是不要勉强自己了 |
[16:47] | It was one of the best pieces of advice | 这是有史以来服务生给出的 |
[16:49] | a waiter had ever given me. | 最好的建议 |
[16:51] | Liza? You okay? | 莉莎 你没事吧 |
[16:56] | Mais-‘n-bran, I’m really sorry. | 梅布兰夫人先生 真的很抱歉 |
[16:58] | Uh, your son is smoking hot, | 虽然你们儿子帅到掉渣 |
[17:00] | and we have obscene sexual chemistry. We’re just not… | 我们之间滚床单也很和谐 可是我们 |
[17:07] | We’re not a winning combination. | 我们在一起不是最佳组合 |
[17:10] | A-are you dumping me? | 你…你这是要甩了我吗 |
[17:14] | I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[17:17] | Eliza… | 伊莉莎 |
[17:20] | Eliza! | 伊莉莎 |
[17:26] | So, just three salmons, then? | 那就点三份三文鱼对吧 |
[17:29] | Of all the people to die, | 有那么多人可以死 |
[17:31] | why Claire Danes? | 为什么是克莱尔·丹尼斯[演员] |
[17:32] | – Prue! Prue, you can’t do that! – I also read it. | -布鲁 你不能这样 -我也看过 |
[17:35] | I just always picture Beth as Claire Danes. | 我一直把贝丝想象成克莱尔·丹尼斯 |
[17:38] | I think it’s great that Beth died. | 幸好贝丝死了 |
[17:40] | I’m actually super happy for Beth. | 其实我很为贝丝高兴 |
[17:42] | I mean, dying from scarlet fever | 死于猩红热 |
[17:44] | sounds better than being ignored on match.com every night. | 总比相亲网站上每晚都没人搭理强吧 |
[17:56] | Too late for one more? | 再加一个人不晚吧 |
[18:03] | I’m sure you don’t still want me | 你肯定不想让我 |
[18:04] | to join your book club, Wren, | 加入你们的读书俱乐部了吧 蕾恩 |
[18:05] | but, um… I re-read my thesis, | 但是 我又重新看了一遍我的论文 |
[18:09] | and it is hogwash. | 那简直就是一堆废话 |
[18:12] | Jo and Laurie are meant to be friends, | 乔和劳里注定只能做朋友 |
[18:15] | and Laurie is seeing someone else. | 劳里有别的人了 |
[18:17] | You see, Wren? Laurie doesn’t hate Jo. | 看到了吧 蕾恩 劳里并不恨乔 |
[18:20] | Laurie is just in a relationship. | 劳里只是已经有喜欢的人了 |
[18:22] | And make no mistake, Laurie is not physically attracted to Jo. | 毫无疑问 虽然乔对劳里没有性吸引力 |
[18:27] | But Laurie certainly did not need to just say that. | 但是劳里也不需要说出来的 |
[18:30] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[18:31] | Laurie still has some work left to do. | 劳里还需要进一步努力啊 |
[18:34] | I’m sorry, Wren. | 对不起 蕾恩 |
[18:36] | And not just in a self-serving, | 我这么做不是为了自己 |
[18:37] | I-want-your-sandwich kind of way. | 不是因为想吃到你做的美味三明治 |
[18:39] | I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I really didn’t. | 我不是故意伤害你的感情的 真的 |
[18:47] | Apology accepted. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[18:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:55] | Oh, and, uh… | 对了… |
[18:57] | One more thing. Bryn? | 还有一件事 布琳 |
[18:59] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[19:01] | For someone with such a large welcome mat, | 你家门口那么大一张擦鞋垫写着欢迎 |
[19:04] | you aren’t very welcoming. | 可是你却一点都不热情啊 |
[19:07] | Burn returned, my dear. | 讽刺回去 亲爱的 |
[19:10] | That’s your burn? | 这就是你的讽刺吗 |
[19:13] | How long did it take you to come up with that? | 你是想了多久才想出来的 |
[19:17] | With my phone off for almost — | 我的手机关机差不多… |
[19:18] | I don’t know how long because my phone was off — | 其实我不知道多久 因为手机关机了 |
[19:20] | It was just me and this one thought that I couldn’t shake. | 现在就只有我和那个挥之不去的想法 |
[19:24] | The only person who I wasn’t hiding from, | 我唯一不逃避的人 |
[19:27] | the only person who had ever seen me with no #Filter was… | 唯一真正见过不带#和滤镜的我的人是… |
[19:35] | – Henry. – Hey. | -亨利 -嘿 |
[19:37] | How did it go with Freddy? | 你跟弗雷迪进行得怎么样 |
[19:40] | It went exactly… like it was supposed to. | 该怎么样…就怎么样了 |
[19:44] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[19:47] | Glad to hear it. Have a great night. | 那就好 晚安 |
[19:53] | Henry. Wait. | 亨利 等等 |
[20:00] | I want to give you your jacket back. | 我想把外套还给你 |
[20:03] | You can just give it to me tomorrow. | 明天给我就行 |
[20:08] | No. | 不行 |
[20:10] | I really want to give it to you tonight. | 我真的很想今晚就还给你 |
[20:33] | You sure you want to head home right now? | 你确定现在就要回家吗 |
[20:39] | No, I’m not. | 不确定 |
[20:45] | I have to go feed my cat. | 我得回家喂猫 |
[20:48] | You don’t have a cat. | 你根本没养猫 |
[20:52] | I have to go purchase a cat and then feed it generously. | 我先去买只猫 然后再把它喂饱 |
[20:59] | I don’t understand what the point of this button is! | 这按钮到底怎么回事 |
[21:11] | I wasn’t discouraged. | 我没有泄气 |
[21:12] | Henry had taught me to follow through on my good ideas, | 亨利教我要对自己的好点子坚持到底 |
[21:14] | and this one was even better than the blorkel. | 这个点子比呼吸毯那个还好 |
[21:17] | Henry and I were going to be together… | 我和亨利会在一起的… |
[21:20] | or else. | 不然能怎样 |