时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | As far back as 1938 the director of the FBI, J Edgar Hoover, | 早在1938年 FBI主管J Edgar Hoover |
[00:07] | wrote to the then curator of the Jeffersonian Institution, | 写信给Jeffersonian当时的负责人 |
[00:10] | Professor Daniel Payne, to aid in the evaluation of specimens | Daniel Payne教授 希望他帮忙 |
[00:15] | who were thought to be irrefutably human. | 鉴定一副被认作人骨的样本 |
[00:17] | This was the result. | 这是最后的鉴定结果 |
[00:22] | Despite this early disagreement, | 虽然早期存在一些分歧 |
[00:23] | the FBI and the Jeffersonian have forged a mutually beneficial, | FBI和Jeffersonian建立了长期的互利关系 |
[00:27] | if somewhat tense relationship which survives to this day. | 这一紧张联系一直延续到今天 |
[00:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:38] | Thank you, Dr Brennan. Are there any questions? Yes? | 感谢Dr. Brennan 大家有问题吗 请讲 |
[00:42] | How much money have you made from your book? | 你的书给你带来了多大的收益 |
[00:44] | I don’t really know. I have an accountant and an agent who… | 我不太清楚 我有会计师和经纪人 |
[00:48] | That’s not really the kind of question | 我们不希望听到这样的问题 |
[00:50] | we’re looking for from an anthropology student. Yes? | 希望大家提一些人类学方面的问题 请说 |
[00:52] | Did you get your agent before or after you wrote the book? | 你是在写书前还是写书后找的经纪人 |
[00:55] | People, Dr Brennan is an accomplished forensic anthropologist | 同学们 Dr. Brennan是一位杰出的法医人类学家 |
[00:59] | who writes books on the side. | 写书只是副业而已 |
[01:02] | I have a question regarding role of the FBI in your book. | 我想知道你书中FBI一角 |
[01:05] | Who do you base the brilliant and insightful Special Agent Andy Lister on? | 美貌与智慧并重的Andy Lister特别探员的原型是谁 |
[01:09] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 天啊 饶了我吧 |
[01:11] | Because, you know, I’m pretty sure it was me. | 因为我很确定就是我 |
[01:13] | What are you doing here, Booth? | 你来这干嘛 Booth |
[01:15] | Local police got an anonymous call saying there were human remains | 地方警察接到匿名报案 |
[01:19] | in a field behind a mall in the suburbs. | 在城郊商场后面的草丛中发现了尸体 |
[01:22] | I did a anthropological profile of the suburb as a grad student. | 我读研究生的时候对郊区做过人类学研究 |
[01:25] | The whole notion of a created community, | 建立社区的整个观念 |
[01:27] | a modern utopia with its own mores and rules is fascinating. | 现代乌托邦 有自己的风俗和准则 真赞 |
[01:31] | Fascinating to who? | 对谁而言赞了 |
[01:33] | -To whom. – Whom. | – 要用宾格 – 嗯 宾格 |
[01:36] | You gotta be kidding. | 开玩笑吧你 |
[01:37] | What? My publishers gave it to me. | 怎么啦 这是出版商给我的 |
[01:39] | Gave it to you? | 送给你的 |
[01:40] | Book sales are pretty good. It’s supposed to be a nice car. | 书挺畅销 这车应该还不错吧 |
[01:44] | – Gave it to you? – Yeah. | – 这是送给你的? – 是啊 |
[01:45] | Well, why did you park crooked? | 那你干嘛要歪着停车 |
[01:46] | Well, the guy said to always park it like that. | 别人说这种车就要这么停才对 |
[01:49] | He’s wrong. | 他是错的 |
[01:50] | Makes you look like an idiot. | 这样显得很白痴 |
[01:51] | How about I drive for once? | 这次让我来开车吧 |
[01:53] | No, I cannot show up at a crime scene in that. | 不行 我不能坐这种车去犯罪现场 |
[01:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:57] | Because it would detract from the gravity of my FBI presence, | 因为这会降低FBI的威严性 |
[02:01] | especially if you parked crooked. | 特别是你还这样停车 |
[02:03] | Why is the FBI involved in the search for human remains behind a suburban mall? | 搜寻郊区商场后的尸体怎么由FBI负责了呢 |
[02:07] | Because this boy is missing. | 因为这男孩失踪了 |
[02:12] | – A child. – Yeah. | – 是个孩子 – 是啊 |
[02:17] | Anonymous call came in a couple hours ago. | 匿名电话是几个小时前打来的 |
[02:19] | No sign of him yet. | 现在还没找到这个孩子 |
[02:21] | How do you know it wasn’t a prank? | 确定不是恶作剧吗 |
[02:23] | You have to come right away. | “你们赶紧过来 |
[02:24] | There’s, like, a dead kid here all rotted away. | “这里好像有一个腐烂的小孩尸体 |
[02:27] | It’s in the field behind Clayton Hills Mall. You better come! | “地点是克莱顿山商场后面的草地 快来” |
[02:31] | Well, that rings true. | 听起来是真的 |
[02:32] | Why anonymous? | 干嘛要匿名呢 |
[02:33] | Kids come here to party, misbehave. | 孩子们好来这里闹腾放肆 |
[02:36] | Adolescents and preadolescents tend to seek their own space, | 青春期前后的孩子会寻求自己的空间 |
[02:39] | to establish their own society, to counter parental influence. | 建立自己的社会 对抗家长的影响 |
[02:44] | You mind if I make an observation? | 你介意我发表一下看法吗 |
[02:46] | No, of course not. | 当然不介意 |
[02:47] | In your book the cops come off as very one-dimensional. Why is that? | 你笔下的警察总是很单维 为什么呢 |
[02:52] | You mean two-dimensional. | 你是指二维吧 |
[02:53] | One-dimensionality exists only in theory as a mathematical value. | 单维只是数学度量的一种理论存在 |
[02:58] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[02:59] | Really looking forward to your next book. | 十分期待你的下一本书 |
[03:04] | Did you bring the thermal imager? | 你带了热像仪吗 |
[03:06] | I don’t think we need it. | 我以为用不到它 |
[03:08] | It makes me look like the Great Gazoo. | 我穿着就像大头天线外星人一样 |
[03:10] | I don’t know what that means but we definitely need it, Zack. | 我没听懂 但我们肯定用得到它 Zack |
[03:18] | How’s it going there, Darth? | 感觉咋样 黑武士 |
[03:20] | See anything on Saturn? | 土星上有发现吗 |
[03:23] | Oh, please tell me you’ve seen at least one Star Wars movie. | 天啊 你至少看过一部星球大战吧 |
[03:26] | When I was seven. And leave Zack alone. | 那时我才7岁 别烦Zack了 |
[03:28] | Can we please hurry up? | 我们快点开始吧 |
[03:29] | It’s stuffy in here. | 这身衣服闷死了 |
[03:31] | I should be able to see any heat residue released from decomposing bodies. | 我应该能看到腐尸释放的残余热量 |
[03:37] | Party central. | 狂欢的中心 |
[03:38] | Because suburbs are so homogeneous, | 由于郊区都差不多 |
[03:40] | adolescents tend to rebel in predictable and uniform ways. | 所以青少年反叛方式统一也可预知 |
[03:44] | Fire, illicit substances, wayward behaviour. | 放火 违禁品 任性妄为 |
[03:47] | Do you think that wayward behavior would include abducting a six-year-old child? | 你觉得任性妄为包括诱拐6岁的孩子吗 |
[03:51] | It’s pretty extreme. Adolescents are more likely to drink alcohol | 这很极端 青少年更偏向酗酒 |
[03:55] | and listen to culturally inappropriate music at high volume. | 以及大声播放非主流另类音乐 |
[03:59] | I’m picking something up. | 有发现了 |
[04:02] | – Oh, my God. – What? | – 妈呀 – 怎么啦 |
[04:06] | Why’d you stop? | 你怎么停下来了 |
[04:09] | You can turn on your flashlight, | 打开你的手电筒 |
[04:11] | aim it over here. | 照照这里 |
[05:00] | Before proceeding with maceration, any general observations? Zack? | 在浸解处理之前有概括结论了吗 Zack |
[05:05] | Epiphyseal fusion puts the age at approximately 6 to 10 years, | 从骺融合看 年龄大约6到10岁 |
[05:09] | though the stature suggests younger. | 但从身高来看年龄要再小一些 |
[05:11] | Good. I concur. Cause of death? | 很好 我赞同 死因呢 |
[05:14] | Blunt trauma to the chest. | 胸口的钝伤 |
[05:19] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[05:21] | He’s so small. That’s all. | 他还这么小 没什么 |
[05:24] | Go on with your work. I’m OK. | 你继续做事吧 我没事 |
[05:27] | The remains were significantly degraded by insect and animal activity, | 尸体因昆虫和动物活动严重分解 |
[05:31] | mostly dog and rodent. | 主要因为狗和啮齿目动物 |
[05:32] | Despite the condition of the body | 除开这一点来判断 |
[05:34] | he’s been dead between only 36 to 48 hours. | 死亡时间在36至48小时之前 |
[05:36] | These were found a few yards from the body. | 这些是在尸体附近发现的 |
[05:39] | Notice that they are in perfect condition. What does that tell you? | 它们仍旧完好无损 这说明什么呢 |
[05:42] | The victim wasn’t wearing them when he was killed. | 受害者遇害时并没有穿这些衣服 |
[05:44] | Which suggests he was sexually assaulted. | 这就暗示他可能遭受了性侵犯 |
[05:48] | I’m done. | 我完成了 |
[05:54] | I think we have a match. | 我想结果匹配上了 |
[05:58] | The clothing matches. | 衣物匹配 |
[06:00] | It’s Charles Gregory Sanders. | 死者是Charles Gregory Sanders |
[06:03] | On behalf of the FBI, | 我们代表FBI |
[06:05] | we’re extremely sorry for the loss of your son. | 对您的丧子之痛表示慰问 |
[06:08] | and I have a few questions. I mean, only if you’re up to it. | 如果你不介意 我有几个问题想问你 |
[06:14] | You have two other sons? | 你还有两个儿子 |
[06:16] | Foster sons. | 养子 |
[06:17] | Though I try not to make the distinction. | 但我一直都一视同仁 |
[06:19] | Shawn and David Cook. They are brothers. | Shawn和David Cook 他们是亲兄弟 |
[06:23] | I live right next door. | 我住在隔壁 |
[06:24] | Charlie was your own? | Charlie是你亲生的吗 |
[06:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:28] | Charlie was mine. | Charlie是我的孩子 |
[06:30] | What about Mr Sanders? | 你的丈夫呢 |
[06:33] | We divorced shortly before Charlie was even born. | Charlie快出生时 我们离婚了 |
[06:36] | He works overseas. | 他在国外工作 |
[06:38] | He doesn’t even send child support. | 他从来没出过孩子的抚养费 |
[06:39] | You mind if I ask how you afford this nice neighbourhood? | 方便说你如何负担住在这里的开销吗 |
[06:45] | Child Services wouldn’t allow a single mother to foster if she worked. | 儿童服务机构不允许有工作的单身妈妈收养孩子 |
[06:50] | I live off the proceeds of a generous trust fund my parents set up long ago. | 我靠父母很久之前设立的一大笔信托基金过活 |
[06:55] | On the day that Charlie disappeared, | Charlie失踪的那天 |
[06:58] | all three boys went to the park? | 三个孩子都去公园了吗 |
[07:00] | It’s two blocks away. It’s a very safe neighbourhood. | 公园就在两个街区外 这里非常安全 |
[07:02] | They walk farther to school. | 去学校更远都是走着去 |
[07:04] | We all keep an eye out for each other around here. | 街坊邻里都相互照看 |
[07:07] | People are good neighbours, take an interest. | 邻居们都很友善 也很有心 |
[07:09] | – Mom? – In here, Skyler. This is my son, Skyler. | – 妈 – 在这呢 Skyler 这是我的儿子Skyler |
[07:13] | Dad told me to bring the boys back. We gotta go on a job. | 老爸让我把他们送回来 我们得去做事了 |
[07:16] | There’s nothing to do here. | 这里没啥事做 |
[07:19] | Our video game’s broke. | 游戏机都坏掉了 |
[07:21] | Shawn, David, this is Agent Booth. | Shawn David 这是Booth探员 |
[07:25] | He’s gonna find out what happened to Charlie. | 他会查出Charlie到底发生了什么 |
[07:27] | How are you gonna figure it out? | 你怎么调查呢 |
[07:28] | Oh, I’m in the FBI. | 我是FBI嘛 |
[07:31] | We always figure it out. | 我们总能查到真相的 |
[07:33] | Boys, if it’s all right with your mother, | 孩子们 如果你们妈妈不介意 |
[07:35] | maybe I could help you out with your video game. | 或许我可以帮忙修游戏机 |
[07:47] | These are invitations to a banquet. | 这些是晚宴邀请函 |
[07:50] | You called a special meeting to invite us to a party? | 你开这个特别会议就是邀请我们去聚会 |
[07:52] | Don’t think of it as an invitation. | 不要把它看成邀请函 |
[07:54] | Consider it a summons. It’s for donors. | 当它是传票 专门为资助者办的 |
[07:57] | Meet and greet, press the flesh, butt-kiss. | 见见面 寒寒暄 握握手 拍拍马屁 |
[08:00] | I don’t like it any more than you do. | 我和你们一样讨厌这样的聚会 |
[08:02] | but these people fund our research and all they want in return is | 他们赞助我们研究 而所求的回报 |
[08:05] | to rub elbows with a scientist every once in a while. | 不过是偶尔接触一下我们 |
[08:08] | Can’t make it. | 我不会出席的 |
[08:09] | Yeah, me neither. | 嗯 我也是 |
[08:10] | I have a date that night. | 我那晚有约会 |
[08:12] | You don’t even know when it is. | 你又不知道具体的时间 |
[08:16] | Yes, Mr. Addy. | 怎么了 Mr. Addy |
[08:17] | What kind of food will there be? | 提供哪些食物呢 |
[08:19] | When I said you should think of this invitation as a summons, | 我刚说让你们把这当做是传票 |
[08:21] | I understated. It’s a subpoena. | 我说轻了 是强令你们出庭 |
[08:23] | A grand jury subpoena. Ignore it at your own peril. | 重大案件出庭指证 不去的话后果自负 |
[08:27] | You’re not gonna fire us if we don’t go. | 不去你又不会炒我们鱿鱼 |
[08:29] | No, not fire you. | 是 我不会炒你们 |
[08:30] | But I can move your parking spot to lot M. | 但我能把你们的车位换到M停车场 |
[08:33] | Enjoy the shuttle ride. | 好好享受坐班车吧 |
[08:34] | The shuttle smells like feet. | 班车里有一股臭脚丫子味儿 |
[08:36] | I know when I’m beat. I’m in. | 你赢了 我去 |
[08:38] | What the hell? It’s a party. | 管它呢 好歹也算聚会 |
[08:40] | Do I have to wear a tie? | 我要打领带吗 |
[08:42] | Formal wear. I’ve arranged for a limo to pick us up here. | 正装 我安排了一辆豪华轿车接我们 |
[08:44] | Not me. | 我不去 |
[08:45] | I’m not afraid of parking or feet. | 停车位和臭味我都不怕 |
[08:47] | Wait. You drive me to work. You can’t just think of yourself. | 等等 你开车带我上班啊 你不能只想你自己 |
[08:51] | Repercussions and consequences, Dr Hodgins. | Dr. Hodgins 请注意影响和后果 |
[08:53] | I’m your boss. | 我是你老板 |
[08:54] | And you will go to this banquet. | 你必须参加这个晚宴 |
[09:04] | Do you know what you’re doing? | 你真的知道自己在干嘛 |
[09:05] | -Yeah. I can fix anything. -Cool. | – 当然 我什么都会修 – 厉害 |
[09:09] | You guys, uh… you you guys have girlfriends? | 你们都交女朋友了吗 |
[09:12] | – I do. – Her name’s Leila. | – 我有 – 她叫Leila |
[09:15] | Leila Leila Leila. Leila. | |
[09:17] | I thought you were gonna ask as questions about Charlie. | 我还以为你会问有关Charlie的问题 |
[09:19] | Yeah, so which one of you | 你们两个小鬼 |
[09:20] | puny mortals wants to challenge me first? | 谁先和我来一局 |
[09:23] | Oh, me! | 我来 |
[09:32] | You about to clean the bones? | 你准备清理骨头了吗 |
[09:34] | Yes. I’m warming up the boiler now. | 是的 锅炉正在预热中 |
[09:38] | Something wrong? | 有问题吗 |
[09:41] | These are the smallest remains I’ve ever worked on. | 这是我处理过的最小的尸骨 |
[09:44] | That’s a valid observation, Zack, | Zack 观察的没错 |
[09:46] | but it’s not helpful to the investigation. | 但这对调查没有帮助 |
[09:49] | Sorry, Dr Brennan. | 抱歉 Dr. Brennan |
[09:53] | I was at Waco. Branch Davidian compound. | 那次我在韦科市 大卫教派总部失火 |
[09:53] | 韦科惨案: 1993年 美联邦对大卫邪教围剿 武装对峙长达51天 最后大卫教总部山庄失火 包括妇女儿童在内80名教徒葬身火海 | |
[09:58] | I helped identify children who had been killed in the fire. | 我协助确认火灾中遇难儿童的身份 |
[10:03] | 17 of them. | 一共17名 |
[10:05] | So you’re saying I’ll get used to it? | 你想说我会适应这种情况 |
[10:08] | No. I’m saying you’ll never get used to it. | 不 我想说你绝不会适应的 |
[10:11] | We’re primates, social creatures. | 我们是灵长类 社会动物 |
[10:14] | It’s coded into our DNA | 保护下一代是我们的天性 |
[10:15] | to protect our young, even from each other. | 哪怕那是别人的孩子 |
[10:18] | So I’m always going to feel terrible? | 所以我会一直感到难过吗 |
[10:20] | What helps me is to pull back emotionally. | 我的方法是收敛好情绪 |
[10:24] | Just put your heart in a box. | 紧锁心门 |
[10:29] | I am not good with metaphor, Dr Brennan. | 我不懂比喻 Dr. Brennan |
[10:34] | Focus on the details. | 集中关注细节 |
[10:36] | Details, yeah. I can do that. | 细节 对 我可以做到 |
[10:39] | No trauma to the skull. | 头骨无外伤 |
[10:41] | No compound fractures. | 无复合骨折 |
[10:44] | Charlie was not beaten to death or dismembered. | Charlie不是被打致死 也没被肢解 |
[10:46] | It helps not to refer to the victim by name. | 不说受害者名字也有帮助 |
[10:51] | Greenstick fractures on ribs four, five, six and seven, | 第4 5 6 7根肋骨有青枝骨折 |
[10:56] | and the sternum is snapped transversely from the tip to the xiphoid. | 胸骨从尖端至剑状软骨发生横向折裂 |
[11:00] | OK, What does that indicate? | 这说明什么 |
[11:02] | The victim’s chest was struck by a heavy, blunt object. | 受害者的胸部被很重的钝物击打 |
[11:05] | Are you completely certain we’ve learned everything we can | 你确定我们已从这一腐烂阶段的尸体上 |
[11:08] | from the body at this stage of decomposition? | 掌握了所有信息吗 |
[11:10] | I’ve been over everything at least three times. | 所有细节我已经确认过至少三遍了 |
[11:13] | Smell the mouth. | 闻一下口腔 |
[11:19] | Anything behind the typical smells of decomposition? | 除了典型腐烂的气味 还有什么 |
[11:23] | Some kind of chemical?Chloroform? | 某种化学物质 氯仿? |
[11:26] | Something used to render the boy unconscious. | 某种用来迷晕这个男孩的东西 |
[11:28] | Take samples from the mouth, jaw, sinuses, and what’s left of the esophagus. | 从口腔 下颌 鼻窦和食道残余物中取样 |
[11:37] | Kids make it harder, Zack. | 受害者是孩子会让尸检变得艰难 Zack |
[11:45] | All right, look, you beat me bad. | 好嘛 你完爆我了 |
[11:48] | No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend. | 怪不得你没女朋友 |
[11:50] | David David! | |
[11:50] | It’s OK, Mrs Sanders. It’s all right. | 没关系 Mrs. Sanders 小事 |
[11:52] | You know, I do have a girlfriend. | 我有女朋友 |
[11:54] | Is she pretty? | 她漂亮吗 |
[11:55] | Nah. She’s butt ugly. | 不 老磕碜了 |
[11:58] | Got a glass eye, snaggly back teeth. | 玻璃眼 黑龅牙 |
[12:01] | So, was Leila with you the day that Charlie disappeared? | Charlie失踪那天Leila跟你在一起吗 |
[12:04] | Uh, yeah, actually. We stopped and played some video games at the arcade. | 对 其实我们停下来 然后在游乐场玩电玩来着 |
[12:08] | That must’ve been before you and Charlie went to the park. | 那一定是在你和Charlie去公园之前 |
[12:11] | You didn’t go to the mall that day, David. | 你那天没去商场 David |
[12:16] | Shawn Shawn? | |
[12:19] | Don’t ask Shawn, Mom. | 不用问Shawn 妈妈 |
[12:21] | You met Leila at the mall, didn’t you? | 你和Leila在商场见的面 对吗 |
[12:24] | You left Charlie with Shawn at the park. | 你把Charlie和Shawn留在公园 |
[12:29] | Well, just for a few minutes and then they came back to the mall. | 就几分钟而已 然后他们都回商场了 |
[12:32] | – David! – Shawn let go of his hand for a second. | – David – Shawn就一下没看住他 |
[12:34] | Charlie was gone like that. | Charlie就不见了 |
[12:36] | And then we came straight home. | 然后我们直接回家了 |
[12:40] | Charlie wasn’t taken from the park, | Charlie不是从公园被带走的 |
[12:42] | he was snatched from the mall. | 而是在商场被拐的 |
[12:44] | We’ve been looking in the wrong place. | 我们一直弄错地点了 |
[12:46] | Come on, son. Let’s go. | 走吧 孩子 |
[13:05] | What’s with the rubber band? | 橡皮筋是做什么用的 |
[13:07] | Methyl oxide vapour in this chamber will bind to | 密闭空间里的甲基氧化蒸汽 |
[13:10] | whatever compound Charlie breathed in before he was killed. | 将凝固任何Charlie被害前吸入的复合物 |
[13:15] | – Ouch! – It’s an anger management technique, right? | – 嗷 – 这是控制愤怒的小法宝 对吧 |
[13:18] | The key there is management, which is what I’m doing. | 主要是控制 也正是我现在在做的 |
[13:21] | Managing my anger. | 控制我的怒火 |
[13:24] | There’ll be a colour change. | 等会颜色会变 |
[13:25] | Red for pnictogens and chalcogens and blue for halogens. | 红色代表氮和硫元素 蓝色代表卤素 |
[13:27] | I get that you’re a little off kilter. | 我知道你现在有点失衡 |
[13:30] | Mad at the government, conspiracy of dunces, all that. | 对政府和愚蠢阴谋的不满 所有这些我懂 |
[13:33] | Maybe even furious that you’ve had to mount a little boy’s jawbone inside a box | 或许对必须把小男孩的颌骨放在盒子里 |
[13:37] | to find out what killed him. | 来找出他的死因感到恼火 |
[13:39] | What I don’t get is why going to a banquet makes you angry. | 但我搞不懂 参加个宴会怎么就触你霉头了 |
[13:44] | Halogens it is. | 是卤素 |
[13:46] | I’m gonna scrape off the particles | 我要刮点微粒下来 |
[13:48] | and see if the mass spectrometer can identify what type of halogen. | 看看质谱仪能否辨认卤素种类 |
[13:51] | Anger is only fear, turned inwards. | 愤怒只是恐惧的内化 |
[14:03] | There are 20 surveillance cameras taking stills every two seconds | 商场里有20个摄像头 每两秒拍照一次 |
[14:07] | throughout the mall, including access corridors and parking lots. | 包括走廊和停车场 |
[14:11] | I concentrated on the ones aimed at the public concourse. | 我重点查看了公共的区域 |
[14:14] | OK, 10,000 people a day go through that mall. | 每天有上万人进出商场 |
[14:16] | How are we gonna find one small kid? | 我们怎么找到一个小孩 |
[14:17] | Angela designed a mass recognition program | Angela设计了一个规模识别程序 |
[14:20] | to apply body types to skeletal remains. | 把人体体型添加到骨骼上 |
[14:22] | Endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph, that sort of thing. | 是偏胖还是偏瘦 或者匀称的 |
[14:25] | I modified it to scan two-dimensional images. | 我改良了一下 让它可以扫描二维图像 |
[14:28] | In this case, we’re looking for body masses | 这样的话 就可以找到身形 |
[14:30] | roughly congruent with Charlie, Shawn and David. | 与Charlie Shawn David大致相似的人了 |
[14:34] | There’s David. | David在那 |
[14:36] | You’re actually one of them, aren’t you? | 其实你是他们中的一员 对吧 |
[14:38] | One of who? | 谁们 |
[14:39] | A squint. I mean, you look normal and you act normal, | 眯眯眼 你看起来正常 行为也正常 |
[14:42] | but you’re actually one of them. | 但其实你跟他们一样 |
[14:44] | This whole mass recognition program was Brennan’s idea. | 整个程序都是Brennan的主意 |
[14:47] | I’m completely normal, really. | 我百分百是正常人 真的 |
[14:50] | Yeah, maybe before you got this job, but now… | 在你做这份工之前也许是 但现在 |
[14:54] | I see Charlie. | 我看到了Charlie |
[14:58] | Oh. That’s him, all right. | 是他 没错 |
[15:01] | Oh, God. | 上帝 |
[15:03] | Ange? Are you OK? | Ange 你还好吧 |
[15:06] | It’s just…These are probably the last pictures of this little… guy alive. | 这或许是小家伙生前最后的照片 |
[15:13] | Why is he alone? Why isn’t anybody with him? | 他怎么就落单了 怎么没人和他一起呢 |
[15:18] | Sorry. Max resolution is 640 by 480 pixels per square inch. | 抱歉 最大分辨率是每平方英寸640X480像素 |
[15:23] | No wait, he’s not alone. Someone’s calling him over. | 等等 他不是一个人 有人在叫他 |
[15:26] | Can’t you just zoom in? | 可以放大吗 |
[15:27] | The fewer pixels that make up an image, | 图片放得越大 象素就越低 |
[15:29] | the more the picture degrades once we zoom in on it. | 出来的图像会越不清晰 |
[15:32] | Did that sound too squinty? | 听起来像眯眯眼的语气吗 |
[15:35] | Any way to enhance it? | 有什么提高分辨率的办法吗 |
[15:37] | Well, I wouldn’t bet a date with Colin Farrell on it. | 我不会拿和Colin Farrell约会打赌的 |
[15:39] | I know him. He’s funny. | 我知道他 挺搞笑的 |
[15:41] | Funny is Will Ferrell, sweetie. | 搞笑的是Will Ferrell 亲 |
[15:43] | Hot is Colin Farrell. | 性感的才是Colin Farrell |
[15:45] | Now look, wait. The kid was definitely moving toward someone. | 看 这小孩一定在朝谁走去 |
[15:48] | He wasn’t struggling. He wasn’t trying to get away. | 他没有挣扎 也没想逃走 |
[15:50] | You know, I want to add the neighbourhood kid, | 我在想 隔壁家孩子Skyler Nelson |
[15:52] | Skyler Nelson to the list of possible suspects. | 是不是应该加在嫌疑人名单上 |
[15:55] | I have one other angle but our bad guy’s still obstructed in it. | 还有一个角度 但坏蛋依然被挡住了 |
[16:03] | Who the hell are you? | 该死的 你到底是谁 |
[16:17] | Are you thinking of leaving the Jeffersonian? | 你在考虑离开Jeffersonian吗 |
[16:22] | I’m not really this person. | 我真的不是这样的人 |
[16:25] | What person? | 什么样的 |
[16:27] | I’m not like you. | 我不像你 |
[16:28] | I’m not driven by the need for justice and all that. | 我的人生不是被正义的使命感驱使的 |
[16:33] | I’m a good-time girl. | 我是享乐派的 |
[16:36] | We have good times. | 我们挺乐了啊 |
[16:39] | Cracking jokes over murdered skeletons is not good times. | 开被害者尸骨的玩笑可不是什么享乐 |
[16:43] | I know it’s harder on you than it is for the rest of us. | 我懂你比我们更难适应这些 |
[16:46] | No, it’s not. | 不 并不是 |
[16:50] | Why? | 怎么这么说 |
[16:53] | Because you look at their faces. | 因为你关注的是他们的面容 |
[16:55] | We look at everything else. It’s more clinical for us. | 而我们看得更全面 所以我们能更冷静 |
[16:58] | For you… it’s personal. | 但对于你来说却更主观 |
[17:02] | When we see a murdered child… | 当我们面对一个被谋杀的孩子 |
[17:04] | Honey, I… I’m… No offence. | 亲爱的 我 我无意冒犯 |
[17:07] | I’m really not up for one of your “It takes a village” Anthropology lessons. | 我不想听你长篇大论的人类学大道理 |
[17:13] | This is the longest I’ve ever had a job. | 这是我工作中最长的一次了 |
[17:16] | That’s because of you. | 是因为你 |
[17:20] | If this is about hours or time to do your own art, then… | 如果时间花在你想要做的艺术上 |
[17:24] | Just let me work on it, OK? | 让我自己解决 好吗 |
[17:27] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺术家 |
[17:29] | I used to draw naked guys. | 我过去画裸体模特 |
[17:32] | Now I draw dead guys. | 现在却要画死尸 |
[17:37] | Just don’t decide anything without talking to me. | 做任何决定都别瞒着我啊 |
[17:40] | Of course I won’t. | 当然不会 |
[17:58] | I am afraid Angela might quit. | 我担心Angela会退出 |
[18:00] | I’m amazed she’s stuck it out this long. | 我惊讶的是她坚持了这么久 |
[18:02] | – Why? – Oh, because she’s human. | – 为什么 – 因为她是正常人 |
[18:05] | I’m sorry, Bones. It’s just that, you know, | 对不起 Bones 只是… |
[18:08] | uh, Angela didn’t get the same training | Angela和你们这群人不一样 |
[18:10] | that the rest of you got on, uh, Planet Vulcan. | 她没在瓦肯星上受过训练 |
[18:13] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[18:15] | She’s more sensitive. | 她更敏感一些 |
[18:16] | – Who’s more sensitive? – Angela. | – 谁更敏感 – Angela |
[18:18] | She likes puppies, and kitties, and ducklings, and Jell-O shots, | 她喜欢小狗 小猫 小鸭子和果冻 |
[18:23] | and, you know, dancing on bars. | 她会在酒吧里跳舞 |
[18:26] | I know that. She’s my best friend. | 我知道 她是我闺蜜 |
[18:28] | and Angela’s not the only person in the world who likes baby animals. | Angela也不是世上唯一喜欢动物宝宝的 |
[18:31] | I never got the big attraction. | 我真没什么存在感 |
[18:33] | I rest my case. She’s more sensitive. | 我保留观点 她更敏感 |
[18:36] | We cross-referenced the length | 我们将Charlie腿骨的长度和密度 |
[18:37] | and density of Charlie’s legs with other children his age. | 和同龄人进行交叉比对 |
[18:40] | The victim, I mean. | 我是说受害者 |
[18:46] | The thing to do is concentrate on the details. | 要做的是注意细节 |
[18:51] | Let’s do that. | 就这么办 |
[18:53] | We found some abnormalities. | 我们发现了一些异常 |
[18:55] | They’re bowed and abnormally short. | 腿骨弯曲并且异常的短 |
[18:57] | Also, the victim’s show freezing of the joints at the hip and knee. | 而且受害者臀部与膝盖接合处显示有冻伤 |
[19:00] | Are you saying Charlie was crippled? | 你指Charlie是瘸子 |
[19:02] | The victim was disabled, yes. | 受害者是残障人士 没错 |
[19:05] | His mother never mentioned that. | 他妈妈从没提过这一点 |
[19:06] | The ribs are broken in two places, which is not typical of blunt-force trauma. | 肋骨有两处折断 这不是典型的钝物击伤 |
[19:10] | How do you explain that? | 你怎么解释 |
[19:11] | I’d attribute it to his medical condition | 我认为是由于他本身的健康状况 |
[19:14] | and the corresponding brittleness of his bones. | 和相应的骨头脆度 |
[19:16] | I agree. What is that condition? | 我同意 具体情况是怎样 |
[19:18] | It looks like scoliosis, a bend in the spine. | 看起来像脊柱侧凸 脊柱有弯曲现象 |
[19:25] | I think it’s more than that, Zack. | 不止如此 Zack |
[19:27] | There are multiple calcified lesions on the posterior thoracic vertebrae. | 后胸椎这里有多重钙化病变 |
[19:32] | That, plus Charlie’s short stature, and the asymmetric length of his legs… | 再加上Charlie的矮个头 和不对称的腿长 |
[19:37] | Margaret Sanders may not be Charlie’s biological mother. | Margaret Sanders可能不是Charlie的生母 |
[19:41] | What? | 什么 |
[19:42] | Test the bones for X-linked hypophosphataemia | 检测骨质看看是否有X连锁低磷酸盐血症 |
[19:46] | and Coffin-Lowry Syndrome. | 和Coffin-Lowry综台征 |
[19:48] | Whoa, whoa. OK, hold on. | 哇嗷 等会 |
[19:50] | Simmer down. Just back up to the part where she’s not his mother. | 打住 退回到刚才她不是生母那块 |
[19:53] | Dr Brennan is having me check for hereditary genetic defects | Dr. Brennan要我做遗传基因缺陷的检查 |
[19:57] | which are always passed from mother to child. | 这类疾病通常由母亲遗传给下一代 |
[19:59] | If Charlie had one, then Margaret Sanders is not his mother. | 如果Charlie患病 那Margaret就不是他的生母 |
[20:12] | How can you say that? | 你们怎么可以这么说 |
[20:14] | Charlie suffered from a hereditary genetic disorder called hypophosphataemia. | Charlie患有遗传基因紊乱疾病 叫低磷酸盐血症 |
[20:18] | Charlie’s real mother would have the same disease. | Charlie的亲生母亲应该也患有同样的疾病 |
[20:21] | You do not. | 而你没有 |
[20:21] | Never say I wasn’t Charlie’s real mother, because I was. | 不要说我不是Charlie的生母 因为我就是 |
[20:24] | Biological mother, then. Mrs Sanders, | 是养母 Mrs. Sanders |
[20:26] | you are not Charlie’s biological mother. | 你不是Charlie的生母 |
[20:29] | You want to explain that to us? | 要给我们解释一下吗 |
[20:34] | I can’t have children. That’s why my husband left me. | 我不能生育 因此我丈夫离开了我 |
[20:39] | So I took in foster kids. | 所以我收养孩子 |
[20:41] | – Like Shawn and David Cook. – And Charlie. | – 比如Shawn和David Cook – 还有Charlie |
[20:46] | Though his name was Nathan. | 不过他本名是Nathan |
[20:48] | I got him as a baby down in Pittsburgh. | 在他还是婴儿时 我从匹兹堡收养了他 |
[20:50] | Ten days old. | 那时候他才十天大 |
[20:54] | His mother was arrested on drug charges | 他生母因为毒品指控而被逮捕了 |
[20:57] | and Child Services brought him to me. | 儿童服务机构把他给了我 |
[21:00] | Three weeks I had him. Then the charges were dropped. | 我只拥有了他三周 然后指控被撤销了 |
[21:05] | – You kept him? – No. | – 你留下了他 – 没有 |
[21:08] | I gave him back, but it nearly killed me. | 我把他还回去了 但这差点要了我的命 |
[21:13] | I stayed in touch. | 我一直保持着联系 |
[21:16] | I bought him things. Formula, stroller. | 给他买东西 奶粉 婴儿车 |
[21:20] | I wanted to make sure he was all right. | 只是为了确保他一切安好 |
[21:23] | Nathan what, Mrs Sanders? | Mrs. Sander Nathan姓什么 |
[21:27] | Nathan Downey. | 姓Downey |
[21:30] | His mother was a drug addict named Jeanine. | 他妈妈是个叫Jeanine的瘾君子 |
[21:34] | On Christmas Day, I found her dead on her kitchen floor, | 圣诞节那天 我发现她死在厨房地板上 |
[21:37] | a needle stuck in her arm, | 胳膊上还插着针头 |
[21:39] | and I could hear Charlie crying upstairs. So I went up. | 然后我听到Charlie在楼上哭 所以我上楼了 |
[21:43] | And you took him home. | 你把他带回家了 |
[21:45] | I looked him in the eyes and I promised him | 我看着他的眼睛发誓说 |
[21:48] | I would never leave him alone again. | 我再也不会撇下他了 |
[21:52] | And he stopped crying. | 然后他就不哭了 |
[21:55] | I expected every day for Child Services to come looking. | 我每天都希望儿童服务机构来找他 |
[21:58] | He would have ended up back in the system anyway. | 不管怎么他都会再回到收养系统中 |
[22:04] | I meant to keep him safe… | 我只是想保证他的安全 |
[22:08] | And love him. | 好好爱他 |
[22:10] | And now he’s dead. | 但他现在死了 |
[22:18] | I had to arrest her. | 我必须逮捕她 |
[22:20] | The story checked out. The overdose. | 故事已经证实了 确实是吸毒过量 |
[22:22] | She confessed to kidnapping. | 她承认了绑架 |
[22:24] | Margaret Sanders did nothing more than respond to the anthropological imperative | Margaret只是遵从人类本能的指令而已 |
[22:27] | She saw an orphan and reacted. | 她看到了个孤儿然后做出了反应 |
[22:29] | This is not a National Geographic study, OK? | 这不是国家地理频道的学术调查 好吗 |
[22:32] | This is the suburbs. | 这里是郊区 |
[22:33] | Why would she kill the boy? She obviously loved him. | 她为什么要杀那个男孩 很明显她爱他啊 |
[22:35] | There is situation, all right? | 情况是这样的 |
[22:37] | The kid gets sick, he’s not turn out to be what you wanted. | 孩子病了 他没变成她希望的样子 |
[22:40] | I bet you could give me a dozen examples of societies | 我打赌你一定能找到一堆 |
[22:43] | that have killed their own young. | 杀害自己孩子的例子 |
[22:45] | What about Shawn and David Cook? | 那Shawn和David Cook呢 |
[22:48] | – Where do they go now? – Back into the system. | – 他们现在去哪儿 – 回收养系统 |
[22:50] | Do you have any idea how bad the foster-care system is? | 你知不知道收养系统到底有多糟糕 |
[22:53] | Do you? What do you want to do, hm? | 难道你知道 你想怎么样 |
[22:55] | Do you want to kidnap them, the way that she kidnapped Charlie? | 你也想像她绑架Charlie那样绑架他们 |
[22:58] | I want you to let them go home to Margaret Sanders. | 我想让他们回到Margaret Sanders家 |
[23:02] | It’s not gonna happen. | 这不可能 |
[23:09] | – Try redigitising and resizing. – I did. | – 试试重新数字化和调整大小 – 我做了 |
[23:12] | The extrapolation protocol got confused by the spread. | 推断法被扩展搞乱了 |
[23:16] | Hey, You know Hodgins better than anybody else. | 你比任何人都了解Hodgins |
[23:18] | So, why is he so bent out of shape about this banquet? | 他为什么会因为这场宴会气成这样 |
[23:21] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么这么问 |
[23:22] | Because every time someone mentions it, | 因为每次有人提到宴会的事情 |
[23:24] | he starts snapping that rubber band around his wrist. | 他就开始弹手腕上的橡皮筋 |
[23:27] | I mean, what makes you think I know Hodgins better than anyone else? | 我是说 为什么你觉得我比任何人都了解Hodgins |
[23:30] | You’re roommates. | 你们是室友啊 |
[23:32] | I live above his garage. | 我住在他的车库上面 |
[23:33] | – But you see a lot of each other. – No really. | – 但是你们经常看见对方吧 – 没有 |
[23:36] | He drives you to work. | 他开车载你上班 |
[23:37] | I’ve never been up to the main house. | 我从来没进过主房里面 |
[23:39] | – The main house? – It’s at the opposite end of the driveway | – 还有主房 – 在车道的反方向尽头 |
[23:42] | on the other side of the tennis courts across from pond. | 绕过池塘 在网球场的另一边 |
[23:45] | OK. Anything on the identity of Charlie’s abductor? | 诱拐Charlie的人的身份查的怎么样了 |
[23:48] | I can’t clear up this image any more than it is. | 我只能将图片到这种清晰度了 |
[23:50] | Tell Booth what you told me about living in Hodgins’ garage. | 跟Booth说说你住在Hodgins车库的情形 |
[23:53] | There’s a bedroom, living room, | 那儿有一间卧室 一个客厅 |
[23:55] | kitchen, another bedroom, a den, two bathrooms… | 厨房 另一间卧室 一个休息室 两个浴室 |
[23:57] | Great. Quite a garage. Can we focus on the case? | 很好 车库真炫 能把注意力放到案子上么 |
[24:00] | How many cars does he have in that garage? | 他车库里有多少辆车啊 |
[24:02] | Including the antique ones, about 12. And a boat. | 包括老爷车的话 大概有12辆 还有艘船 |
[24:06] | Zack has never seen the main house. | Zack从来都没看到过主房 |
[24:07] | Because the tennis courts and the pond block the view. | 因为网球场和池塘挡住了视线 |
[24:10] | Well, he must be one of those Hodgins. | 他一定是那些Hodgins中的一个 |
[24:13] | Who are those Hodgins? | 那些Hodgins是指谁 |
[24:14] | The Cantilever Group Hodgins. | 坎特雷瓦集团的Hodgins啊 |
[24:17] | Oh, my God. | 我的神啊 |
[24:18] | The same Cantilever Group that generates more GNP than Europe. | 就是那个国民生产总值比欧洲还高的集团 |
[24:22] | Get this. They are the single biggest donors to the Jeffersonian Institution. | 还有呢 他们是Jeffersonian最大的独立捐赠者 |
[24:26] | Ha! That makes Hodgins your boss. | Hodgins是你们的老板啊 |
[24:32] | What do you guys even talk about when he drives you to work? | 他载你上班的路上 你们都聊什么啊 |
[24:35] | I mostly sleep. Hodgins mostly yells at the radio. | 我都在睡觉 Hodgins基本都在冲收音机大叫 |
[24:38] | Ok. If you can’t see the guy’s face, maybe you can grab a reflection. | 要是看不到那家伙的脸 也许你能抓个反射影像 |
[24:42] | That’s a workable idea. | 这个主意可行 |
[24:43] | Well, I’d say thanks, you know, | 本来还想谢谢你 |
[24:45] | if you didn’t say it like it was some kind of a miracle. | 可你说的这跟个奇迹似的 |
[24:54] | Chem lab mass spectrometer identifies | 化学实验室的质量光谱仪鉴别出 |
[24:56] | the particulates in Charlie’s mouth as fluoride. | Charlie嘴里的微粒是氟化物 |
[24:59] | – I recognise that look. – What? | – 我认得那个表情 – 什么表情 |
[25:02] | You’re writing another book. When you write, | 你在写另一本书呢 每次你一写作 |
[25:04] | you get this stunned look on your face like you stuck a fork in a toaster. | 脸上就一副把叉子卡在了面包机里的呆愣样 |
[25:08] | Am I in this one, too? | 这本书里也有我吗 |
[25:09] | You were’t in the last one. Fluoride? What concentration? | 上本书里可没你 氟化物 浓度是多少 |
[25:11] | – It’s too high for toothpaste. – Put together a list of… | – 太高了 不会是牙膏 – 列一个… |
[25:14] | Put together a list of | 列一个清单 |
[25:16] | anything that could conceivably contains fluoride at those levels. | 包括所有想得到的含有这个浓度氟化物的东西 |
[25:19] | All right. Do you have time for this? | 没问题 你有时间说说这事吗 |
[25:20] | – They gave me a car. – Nice. Who? | – 他们给了我辆车 – 很好啊 谁给的 |
[25:24] | My publisher. | 我的出版商 |
[25:25] | Now I feel like I have to earn it by writing another book. | 我现在觉得我必须写另一本书才行 |
[25:27] | Fight coercion in all its forms. You don’t write the book. | 用一切方法对抗压迫 你不要写书了 |
[25:30] | I don’t go to the banquet. Solidarity. | 我不去宴会 团结一致 |
[25:37] | Angela has a face for the abductor. | Angela找到诱拐者的样子了 |
[25:45] | I looked on both cameras. | 我看了两个摄像头 |
[25:47] | This one offered up more reflective surfaces. | 这个提供了更多的反射表面 |
[25:50] | Right at the door. | 就在这个门上 |
[25:51] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[25:54] | The abductor’s face. | 诱拐者的脸 |
[25:56] | By polarizing the image, the computer can interpret the spaces | 让图像产生偏振 电脑就能解读 |
[25:59] | between the white and the dark gaps and fill in the missing pieces. | 黑白缝隙间的空间 然后自动补全丢失的部分 |
[26:03] | Wait. That doesn’t look like an adult. | 等下 这看起来不像个成年人啊 |
[26:05] | When I repolarized the image… | 我重新极化一下图片 |
[26:12] | – Shawn Cook. – The victim’s foster brother. | – 是Shawn Cook – 受害者的义兄 |
[26:21] | Where were you taking Charlie, Shawn? | Shawn 你带Charlie去哪儿了 |
[26:24] | I brought him to the mall to see David. | 我带他去商场见David |
[26:26] | I know you brought him to the mall, | 我知道你带他去了商场 |
[26:27] | but we got a picture of you… | 但我们有张你的照片 |
[26:30] | leading him out of the mall. | 你领他出了商场 |
[26:36] | – Have you seen much of this kind of thing? – I’m a juvenile prosecutor. | – 这种事你见的多吗 – 我是个少年案起诉人 |
[26:40] | I wish I could say kids killing kids was rare. | 我希望我能说孩子杀孩子极少发生 |
[26:43] | Where were you taking him, Shawn? | Shawn 你带他去哪儿了 |
[26:46] | When can I talk to Margaret? | 我什么时候能和Margaret说话 |
[26:48] | After you answer my questions. | 回答完我的问题 |
[26:50] | Can he do that? Lie to a kid? | 他能这么做吗 对个孩子撒谎 |
[26:53] | We’re after a child killer, Dr Brennan. | Dr. Brennan 我们在追捕一个儿童杀手 |
[26:56] | If the child advocate in there doesn’t complain, I sure as hell won’t. | 如果那孩子的律师不反对 我肯定没不会 |
[27:00] | Well, what’s the point of having a child advocate if he doesn’t advocate for the child? | 如果律师不替孩子辩护 那还要儿童律师干嘛 |
[27:03] | I get the impression you’re a little confused as to what side you’re on, Dr. Brennan. | Dr. Brennan 我想你没搞清自己站在哪边吧 |
[27:08] | Shawn Shawn. | |
[27:10] | – You know what that is? – A scar? | – 知道这是什么吗 – 一道伤疤 |
[27:13] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[27:14] | Got it when I was playing soldier with my brother Jared. | 我和我的弟弟Jared玩兵捉贼时搞的 |
[27:19] | – Did it hurt? – Yeah, it hurt. | – 疼吗 – 当然 |
[27:22] | But it was an accident. | 但那只是次意外 |
[27:24] | You got any scars? | 你有伤疤吗 |
[27:31] | My dad did it with a cigarette. | 这是我爸用烟头烫的 |
[27:34] | He shouldn’t have done that. | 他不该那么做 |
[27:37] | Margaret didn’t do anything like that. I love Margaret. | Margaret从没做过这种事 我爱她 |
[27:43] | What I need to know is if Charlie had some kind of an accident. | 我想知道的是Charlie有没有遇到这种意外 |
[27:50] | Shawn Shawn? | |
[27:51] | Maybe we can just take a break. | 也许我们该休息一下 |
[27:54] | Shawn Shawn. | |
[27:55] | He’s not being aggressive enough. | 他还不够强势 |
[27:57] | Foster kids are powerless. | 被收养的孩子都是无所依靠的 |
[27:59] | They’re treated like garbage. | 他们被像垃圾一样对待 |
[28:01] | You’re in a position to do something about it, | 你处在这个位置是要做些什么 |
[28:03] | and all you have to say is “He’s not being aggressive enough”? | 而你却说他还不够强势 |
[28:05] | Dr Brennan, you know this boy may | Dr. Brennan 你知道这孩子 |
[28:06] | very well have beaten a child to death with a rock? | 很有可能用石头打死了一个孩子 |
[28:28] | How long have we known each other? | 我们认识对方多久了 |
[28:31] | Do people really ever know each other? | 人们真的了解彼此吗 |
[28:34] | How come you never invited me over to your house? | 为什么你从没邀请我去过你家 |
[28:37] | Oh, I didn’t pick up that kind of vibe off you. | 我没感觉到你有这种想法 |
[28:39] | I thought we were close, all of us. | 我以为我们大家关系挺亲的 |
[28:42] | What else don’t I know? | 还有什么我不知道的 |
[28:43] | Is Zack from another planet? | Zack是从外星球来的 |
[28:45] | Oh, come on. That one’s obvious. | 拜托 那很明显好吧 |
[28:48] | You’re rich. | 你是有钱人 |
[28:51] | You single-handedly own the Cantilever Group. | 你一人儿掌握着坎特雷瓦集团 |
[28:53] | Don’t deny it. I know. | 别不承认 我都知道了 |
[28:57] | – Who else knows? – Zack. Booth. | – 还有谁知道 – Zack和Booth |
[29:00] | Don’t tell Brennan. | 别告诉Brennan |
[29:03] | Why don’t you want us to know that you’re actually our boss? | 为什么你不想让我们知道你才是老板 |
[29:06] | I don’t want to be anybody’s boss. | 我不想成为任何人的老板 |
[29:08] | I never did. Please respect that. | 从没这么想过 请尊重这点 |
[29:17] | – What’s up with Angela? – It’s job pressure. | – Angela怎么了 – 应该是工作压力吧 |
[29:21] | Fluoride at lower concentrations is used in toothpaste, instant tea, | 低浓度氟化物被用在牙膏 速溶茶 |
[29:26] | and is added to our drinking water. | 和我们的饮用水中 |
[29:27] | Which, I might add, can cause a range of conditions, brain damage | 很有可能会造成一些状况 包括脑部受损 |
[29:31] | Which has nothing to do with the case at hand. | 这和手里的案子无关 |
[29:35] | The concentrations found on our victim might come from wood preservatives, | 受害者身上发现的浓度可能来自木头防腐剂 |
[29:39] | paint thinners, car wax, or various other industrial products. | 颜料稀释剂 车蜡 或者其他工业产品 |
[29:43] | Did Angela say anything to you about quitting her job? | Angela有和你提关于辞职的事情吗 |
[29:45] | No. | 没有啊 |
[29:48] | But we hardly know anything about each other. | 但我们并不真的了解彼此 |
[30:01] | Bones. | 骨头 |
[30:02] | I thought you’d like to know | 我想你该知道 |
[30:04] | that Shawn and David are in emergency care. | Shawn和David都在紧急看护中 |
[30:08] | Pulled some strings, you know, | 托了些关系 |
[30:10] | to make sure they get to stay together. | 确保他们不会被分开 |
[30:13] | – That’s good. Thanks. – It’s the best I could do. | – 挺好的 谢谢 – 我也只能做这么多了 |
[30:16] | Yeah, I understand. | 我懂 |
[30:18] | No, you say you understand but you don’t. Not really. | 不 你说你懂其实你并不懂 |
[30:22] | I mean, if you don’t like the rule you ignore it, right? | 你不喜欢规则的时候你就无视它 对吧 |
[30:25] | I can’t have that. | 我做不到 |
[30:26] | – And if you want to do this… – Do what? | – 如果你想做这个 – 做什么 |
[30:29] | Work on cases, you know, with me, outside the lab. | 在实验室外 和我一起办案 |
[30:32] | If you want to do that, | 如果你想这么做 |
[30:34] | I need to know that you will respect the law. | 我必须知道你会尊重法律 |
[30:36] | Tell you what. If I can’t respect the law, | 这么说吧 就算我不能尊重法律 |
[30:39] | I can at least respect you. | 至少我会尊重你 |
[30:41] | Yeah, that’ll work, too. I mean it kind of comes out of nowhere, but… | 这也可以 虽然想法有些突然 不过… |
[30:47] | Look what you did. | 看你干了什么 |
[30:50] | It’s a pencil. I’ll get you a new one. | 只是支铅笔而已 我给你拿支新的来 |
[30:53] | The victim was killed by trauma to the chest | 受害者是因为胸前的创伤死的 |
[30:56] | but the ribs are broken in two places, not just one. | 但是肋骨却有两处折断 而不是一处 |
[30:59] | Because of the, uh… the brittle bones, because of his disease. | 因为他骨质脆弱 因为他的病 |
[31:03] | Well, that was my assumption, but there’s another explanation. | 这是我的假设 但是还有另一种解释 |
[31:05] | – Whoa. What’s the other explanation? – Compression. | – 另一种解释是什么 – 压迫 |
[31:08] | – Like Charlie Sanders was crushed to death? – Yes. | – Charlie Sanders被压死的 – 是的 |
[31:10] | Greenstick fractures, vertebral and sternal. See? | 青枝骨折 脊椎和胸骨 懂了吗 |
[31:14] | Hey, Shawn Cook outweighed Charlie Sanders by, what, maybe thirty pounds | Shawn Cook比Charlie Sanders重大约30磅 |
[31:17] | How could he have crushed him to death? | 他怎么把他压死的呢 |
[31:18] | Angela, we need to run some scenarios through the Angelator. | Angela 我们需要用Angelator演示一些情景 |
[31:21] | Angela Booth Angela. Booth. | |
[31:23] | Zack has been informed that if he tells anyone who I am, | 我已经告诉Zack如果他告诉任何人我的身份 |
[31:27] | I will kick him out on the street like a stray dog. | 我会把他当流浪狗一样的踹到大街上 |
[31:30] | Sadly, there is nothing I can threaten you two with. | 可惜我没有什么可以威胁你们俩 |
[31:32] | Yeah, that’s a shame. | 是啊 真遗憾 |
[31:33] | What I want out of my life is | 我希望的生活是 |
[31:35] | to come in here and sift through slime and bugs. | 来这里筛查粘土和虫子 |
[31:38] | Unfortunately, my family is one of those who secretly run the world. | 不幸的是 我的家族正是秘密掌控世界的家族之一 |
[31:41] | Paranoia and delusions of grandeur all in one package. | 偏执和妄尊自大向来密不可分 |
[31:46] | You call it paranoia, I call it the family business. | 你称为偏执 而我称为家族生意 |
[31:48] | Please, could you just stop? | 拜托 停一下 |
[31:52] | The reason I did not want to go to that banquet | 我不想去那个宴会的原因 |
[31:55] | is because the other members of the ruling elite will make a big fuss about seeing me. | 是因为其他高管层人员看到我会大惊小怪 |
[32:00] | My secret will be out and my life, | 我的秘密将会暴露 而我的生活 |
[32:02] | this life that I love, will be ruined. | 我爱的这种生活就被毁了 |
[32:06] | I’m asking you, please, | 我拜托你们 |
[32:08] | please just let me be Jack Hodgins who works in the lab. | 请让我做那个实验室里的Jack Hodgins |
[32:20] | Charlie was 3’4″ Tall and weighed 58Ibs. | Charlie身高3英尺4英寸 体重58磅 |
[32:24] | – And Shawn? – Shawn Cook is 1.4m tall and weighs 31kg. | – Shawn呢 – Shawn Cook高1.4米 体重31千克 |
[32:29] | His brother David was 5’8, 150Ibs. | 他哥哥David5英尺8英寸 150磅 |
[32:33] | 1.75m, 68kg. | 1.75米 68千克 |
[32:35] | At first, I thought the break to Charlie’s sternum was caused by blunt trauma | 一开始 我认为Charlie胸骨断裂由钝器造成 |
[32:39] | because it only ran along one fault line. | 因为断裂在一条层线上 |
[32:41] | But when Booth broke my pencil, | 但是当Booth弄断了我的铅笔时 |
[32:43] | I realized there’s another way to cause the same type of injury. | 我意识到另一种方法也能造成同样的损伤 |
[32:46] | Compression. | 压迫 |
[32:48] | Hodgins found no particulates that suggested crushing. | Hodgins没有发现证实压迫的微粒 |
[32:51] | Body weight. There has to be enough weight on the victim | 体重 必须有足够的重量施加在受害者身上 |
[32:54] | to stop the abdomen from moving so no air can get into the lungs. | 阻止腹部移动 所以空气就进不去肺部 |
[32:56] | Prolonged pressure caused the sternum to snap in half and the ribs to break. | 持续的压力引发胸骨和肋骨的断裂 |
[33:00] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[33:07] | Sorry. Sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[33:12] | I entered real-world variables taking into account Charlie’s size | 考虑到Charlie的体形我输入了实际变量 |
[33:16] | and the amount of pressure | 还有使得他胸骨断裂 |
[33:18] | that was required to break Charlie’s sternum in the way that it was broken. | 所需的压力总和 |
[33:20] | – What did you end up with? – 86.2kg. | – 最终的结果是 – 86.2千克 |
[33:26] | – What’s that in American? – 190Ibs. | – 用美国计量标准是多少 – 190磅 |
[33:30] | Way too much for either of the Cook kids or Margaret Sanders. | 大大超过那两兄弟或者Margaret Sanders |
[33:34] | I’d put the neighbourhood kid, Skyler, at about 160Ibs. | 我看邻居孩子Skyler大约160磅 |
[33:38] | It can’t be him, either. | 也不能是他 |
[33:41] | We should be looking for a full-grown man. | 我们要找的是个成年人 |
[33:44] | You have to get Shawn to tell you where he took Charlie when they left the mall. | 你必须要Shawn说出他带Charlie离开商场去哪了 |
[33:47] | He won’t talk to me. | 他不会和我说的 |
[33:50] | – Let me do it. – Oh, no. | – 让我来吧 – 不行 |
[33:52] | You know, people are not your strong point, Bones, | 和人相处不是你的强项 Bones |
[33:56] | And besides, he’s not going to care how many facts you put in front of him. | 他也不会在意你摆出多少事实 |
[33:59] | Could you just go with me on this one, Booth? | 你就不能听我这一次吗 Booth |
[34:01] | We’re trying to catch a killer. Let me help. | 我们在抓凶手 让我帮忙吧 |
[34:04] | When’s the last time you even talked to a kid? | 你上次和孩子说话是什么时候 |
[34:07] | I know what to say. | 我知道要说什么 |
[34:12] | Do you remember me, Shawn? | 你还记得我吗 Shawn |
[34:13] | The museum lady. The one who’s so smart. | 博物馆的阿姨 非常聪明的阿姨 |
[34:17] | Yeah, I’m pretty smart. | 是的 我非常聪明 |
[34:20] | – And very modest. – Oh, believe me, she is being modest. | – 还非常谦虚 – 相信我 她正谦虚着呢 |
[34:24] | Smart enough to know that you didn’t kill Charlie. | 聪明到知道你没有杀Charlie |
[34:27] | You don’t have to say anything, Shawn. | 你不需要说任何事情 Shawn |
[34:31] | Just listen. | 只要听就好 |
[34:34] | They give you a garbage bag to carry all your stuff, | 他们给你一个垃圾袋装你的东西 |
[34:39] | like they’re telling you everything you own is garbage. | 就像在说你的东西都是些垃圾 |
[34:43] | And then you have to go to a new school in clothes that smell like garbage bags. | 然后你穿着垃圾袋味儿的衣服去新学校 |
[34:48] | All the regular kids know you’re a foster kid. | 所有的正常孩子都知道你是寄养家庭的孩子 |
[34:55] | How do you know what it’s like? | 你怎么知道是这样的 |
[34:58] | They bounce you from place to place | 他们把你从一个地方扔到另一个地方 |
[35:01] | and it’s never home. | 从来没有家 |
[35:05] | Sometimes the foster parents are nice. | 有时候养父母人很好 |
[35:10] | – Like Margaret? – Yeah. | – 就像Margatet – 是的 |
[35:12] | And sometimes they separate you from your brother. | 有时候他们把你和你哥哥分开 |
[35:17] | It must have been nice with Margaret, | 和Margaret一起一定非常好 |
[35:20] | staying with David. | 还有David |
[35:25] | We got bunk beds. | 我们有双层床 |
[35:28] | At night, I knew David was there, | 晚上 我知道David在那里 |
[35:31] | like he was guarding me. | 就像他在保护我 |
[35:34] | Margaret’s nice. | Margaret人很好 |
[35:38] | You’d do almost anything to stay with Margaret, right? | 为了和Margaret呆在一起你会做任何事 对吗 |
[35:43] | The man you took Charlie to, the man who hurt him, | 你带Charlie去见的那个人 那个伤害他的人 |
[35:48] | he knows that. | 他知道这件事 |
[35:50] | You didn’t know that he’d hurt Charlie, but he did, | 你不知道他会伤害Charlie 但他却做了 |
[35:53] | and then he told you that | 然后他告诉你 |
[35:55] | Margaret would blame you, that she’d hate you. | Margatet会责怪你 因此而恨你 |
[35:57] | But this man is lying to you, Shawn. | 但是这个人在对你说谎 Shawn |
[36:00] | I can make sure that you go back to Margaret. | 我可以保证你会回到Margaret身边 |
[36:02] | How? You work at a museum. | 怎么保证 你在博物馆工作 |
[36:06] | I have a friend at the FBI. | 我有个朋友在FBI工作 |
[36:09] | If I ask him to, he will make sure that | 如果我请求他 他会确保 |
[36:11] | you and David get to live with Margaret again. | 你和David会再和Margatet生活在一起 |
[36:14] | Dr. Brennan, you can’t make promises like that. | Dr. Brennan 你不能做出这样的承诺 |
[36:15] | Yes, I can. | 不 我可以 |
[36:17] | He will do it. My friend will make it happen. | 他会这么做的 我的朋友一定会做到 |
[36:19] | Oh, man. | 老天 |
[36:20] | But you have to tell me who hurt Charlie. | 但是你得告诉我谁伤害了Charlie |
[36:24] | I’m gonna need your help to keep the promises she made to that boy. | 要遵守她给那孩子的承诺 我需要你帮忙 |
[36:28] | – Hey, l-I can’t promise… – Mrs Johnson. | – 我不能保证 – Mrs. Johnson |
[36:30] | My people and your people are gonna have to make this happen. | 我的人和你的人会促成此事 |
[36:35] | What if Margaret doesn’t want me any more? | 如果Margaret不想要我了呢 |
[36:38] | Charlie was her real son. | Charlie是她的亲生儿子 |
[36:41] | Charlie wasn’t her biological son either. | Charlie也不是她的亲生儿子 |
[36:44] | Charlie was just like you, someone that Margaret chose to love. | Charlie和你一样 是Margaret选择去爱的人 |
[36:52] | I don’t think we should let that man | 我们不应该让那个男人 |
[36:54] | take you and David and Charlie away from Margaret, | 把你 David和Charlie从Margaret身边带走 |
[36:57] | do you? | 你觉得呢 |
[37:00] | We should stop him. You and I should stop him. | 我们应该阻止他 你和我应该阻止他 |
[37:24] | She did it. She got his name. | 她做到了 她得到他的名字了 |
[37:44] | Edward Nelson, you are under arrest | Edward Nelson 你被捕了 |
[37:46] | for the sexual assault and murder of Charlie Sanders. | 罪名为性侵犯和谋杀Charlie Sanders |
[37:49] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权利请律师 |
[37:53] | If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you free of charge. | 如果你不能支付律师费 将有律师免费指派给你 |
[39:03] | – Boys! – Mom! | – 孩子们 – 妈妈 |
[39:05] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[39:07] | – Are we gonna be a family again? – Oh, you betcha. | – 我们又是一家人了吗 – 当然 |
[39:22] | We have him cold. | 我们确定是他 |
[39:24] | The insecticide he was using on the termites | 他用来杀白蚁的杀虫剂 |
[39:27] | matches the fluoride concentration perfectly. | 和氟化物浓度刚好匹配 |
[39:29] | Skyler’s dad admitted everything. | Skyler的父亲承认了所有的事情 |
[39:31] | Don’t tell me, he said crushing Charlie to death was a mistake. | 别告诉我他说他压死Charlie是一个意外 |
[39:35] | He never abused Shawn Cook, he just used him to get near Charlie. | 他从未虐待过Shawn Cook 他只是用他来接近Charlie |
[39:38] | It played out like you said. | 事情就像你说的那样 |
[39:39] | He had Charlie out in that field. | 他把Charlie带到野地上 |
[39:41] | Some teenage kids, they come by. | 一些青少年经过 |
[39:43] | So he knelt on Charlie to keep him from crying out. | 他用膝盖压住Charlie 不让他叫出声 |
[39:46] | Shawn got scared and ran back to his brother. | Shawn吓坏了 跑回去找他哥哥了 |
[39:49] | Charlie was small and weak, his sternum collapsed. | Charlie又小又弱 所以他的胸骨断裂了 |
[39:52] | – You think he abused any other kids? – Yeah. | – 你认为他还虐待了其他的孩子吗 – 是的 |
[39:54] | Probably his own son. | 很可能是他自己的儿子 |
[39:57] | You report that to Child Services? | 你把这个报告给儿童服务中心了 |
[39:59] | Mm-hm. Try to get the kid some help. | 嗯 试着给那孩子一些帮助 |
[40:05] | – And I’m sorry. – For what? | – 对不起 -为什么 |
[40:08] | You have personal experience in the system. | 你有过在收养系统的经历 |
[40:17] | I was a foster child until my grandfather got me out. | 我祖父带走我之前我一直是被收养的孩子 |
[40:21] | Yeah, when you said “They take you away from your brother,” | 是啊 当你说”他们把你和你哥哥分开”的时候 |
[40:25] | I kind of had the feeling you weren’t talking about David Cook. | 我觉得你不是在指David Cook |
[40:28] | Booth, I’ll tell you about it one day, | Booth 我有一天会告诉你的 |
[40:33] | but tonight I have to get dressed for a party. | 但今晚我必须打扮好去赴宴 |
[40:37] | OK, Bones. | 好吧 骨头 |
[40:39] | By the way, there’s a huge ding in my passenger-side door | 顺便说一句 我的副驾驶门上有道很长的划痕 |
[40:42] | because you told me not to park it at an angle. | 因为你告诉我不要斜着停车 |
[40:46] | OK, that’s just mean. | 那太卑鄙了 |
[40:50] | You’re mean. | 你真卑鄙 |
[40:53] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:05] | That is not a tuxedo, Dr Hodgins. | 这不是燕尾服 Dr. Hodgins |
[41:07] | I am not going, Dr Goodman. | 我不去 Dr. Goodman |
[41:09] | You are going. | 你会去的 |
[41:11] | When we arrive, the donors will all be wearing name tags. | 我们到场时 所有的赞助人都会带着姓名牌 |
[41:14] | – What do we talk about? – Your work, of course. | – 我们要说什么 – 当然是你们的工作 |
[41:18] | Zack’s work consists of removing flesh from corpses. | Zack的工作是把肉从尸体上移除 |
[41:22] | Hodgins dissects bugs that have been eating people’s eyeballs. | Hodgins解剖那些吃过人眼球的虫子 |
[41:25] | Leave me out of it. I am not going. | 别算上我 我不去 |
[41:27] | And how do you see your job? | 那你如何看待你的工作 |
[41:30] | I draw death masks. | 我画死亡面具 |
[41:33] | – Is that really how you see it? – Don’t you? | – 你真这么想 – 你不这么认为吗 |
[41:37] | You are the best of us, Miss Montenegro. | Miss. Montenegro 你是我们之中最出色的 |
[41:39] | You discern humanity in the wreck of a ruined human body. | 你从人体残骸中辨明人性 |
[41:43] | You give victims back their faces, their identities. | 你还以被害人面貌和身份 |
[41:47] | You remind us all of why we’re here in the first place. | 你提醒我们来到这里的初衷 |
[41:52] | Because we treasure human life. | 因为我们珍爱人的生命 |
[41:58] | – Oh, for God’s sake. – What happened? | – 看在上帝的份上 – 发生了什么 |
[42:02] | Apparently all Angela needed was to | 显然 Angela所需要的是 |
[42:04] | hear her job description in a deep, African-American tone. | 听到一个深沉的美国黑人音调形容她的工作 |
[42:07] | Mr. Addy Mr Addy. | |
[42:08] | Dr. Goodman, we need Hodgins in the lab tonight | Dr. Goodman Hodgins今晚得留在实验室了 |
[42:10] | The FBI needs this analysed by morning. | FBI明早要这个分析结果 |
[42:14] | Uh, I’m gonna get right on it. | 我这就去分析 |
[42:17] | Wait a minute. What case file is this? | 等一下 这是哪个案子里的 |
[42:18] | Am I supposed to know about it? | 我应该知道吗 |
[42:20] | Booth mentioned it to me earlier today. | Booth今天早些时候和我说了 |
[42:24] | That’s good enough for me. | 那对我来说就够了 |
[42:26] | Fine. You’re off the hook, Dr Hodgins. | 好吧 这次放你一马 Dr. Hodgins |
[42:30] | Let’s not keep the limo waiting. | 我们别让轿车久等了 |
[42:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:41] | You look nice. | 你看起来挺好 |
[42:45] | Better than nice. You look… | 比挺好要好看 你看起来 |
[42:49] | very… | 非常 |
[42:52] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:55] | Bones, how did you know I was gonna keep your promise? | Bones 你怎么知道我会遵守你的许诺 |
[42:58] | – What promise? -To get Shawn and David back with Margaret Sanders. | – 什么许诺 – 让Shawn和David回到Margaret身边 |
[43:01] | Maybe I was lying. | 也许我当时在说谎 |
[43:04] | To catch the bad guy. | 为了抓住坏人 |
[43:06] | I learned that trick from you. | 我从你那里学来的伎俩 |
[43:09] | The end justifies the means. | 目的正确即手段正当 |
[43:14] | Booth Booth. | |
[43:17] | I knew you’d back me up. | 我知道你会做我的后盾 |
[43:21] | I knew you wouldn’t make me a liar. | 我知道你不会让我成为一个说谎的人 |
[43:24] | Hmm. How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[43:26] | Because you want to go to heaven. | 因为你想上天堂 |
[43:28] | – But you don’t believe in heaven. – But you do. | – 可是你不相信有天堂 – 但是你相信 |