时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m Stacey Goodyear, and joining me on Wake Up, DC! | 我是主持人Stacey Goodyear 欢迎收看早安DC |
[00:05] | is Dr. Temperance Brennan. | 今天的嘉宾是Dr. Temperance Brennan |
[00:07] | She’s the author of the best- selling mystery novel | 她是畅销书《深入骨髓》 |
[00:09] | Bred in the Bone. | 的作者 |
[00:11] | And she’s also, now, tell me if I get this wrong, | 同时 如果我理解错了请您纠正一下 |
[00:14] | an anthropologist who works with the FBI to solve crimes? | 她也是一名和FBI一同破案的法医人类学家 |
[00:22] | Yes, that’s correct. | 你说的没错 |
[00:23] | I use the bones of people who have been murdered | 我通过观察一些被谋杀 |
[00:27] | or burned, or- | 焚烧 或者 |
[00:30] | blown up, or eaten by animals or insects, or just decomposed… | 被炸过或被动物虫子啃食过的尸骨 或者只是腐烂的 |
[00:37] | Well, that’s exciting. | 听起来 挺刺激的 |
[00:39] | Uh, Dr. Brennan, | 呃 Dr. Brennan |
[00:40] | your book has sold over 300,000 copies. | 您的书已经卖出30多万本了 |
[00:44] | How do you juggle twin careers as a best- selling author | 请问您是怎么平衡畅销书作家 |
[00:48] | and crime- fighting scientist? | 和打击罪犯的科学家这两个工作的呢 |
[00:50] | Well, I do one then the other. | 我通常做完一个工作之后才开始另一个工作 |
[00:57] | And is the work enjoyable? | 那么这个工作对您来说能感受到乐趣吗 |
[00:59] | I mean, the part involving rotten bodies? | 我是说 有腐烂尸体的那个工作 |
[01:02] | Enjoyable? | 乐趣? |
[01:04] | Satisfying, yes, | 可以说很令人有成就感吧 |
[01:06] | like cracking a code, but in general, | 就好像破译了一个密码一样 但是总的来说 |
[01:08] | when you’re looking at someone who has been brutally murdered, | 当你看到那些被残忍杀害的受害者的尸体的时候 |
[01:11] | it’s complicated. | 这种感觉就很复杂了 |
[01:14] | Cause I just thought, you know, ugh | 因为我只是觉得 你懂得 |
[01:20] | Doesn’t leave you much time for a personal life, does it? | 你没有很多时间留给你的私人生活 是吧 |
[01:27] | It’s true I’m more focused on my career right now. | 确实 我现在把更多的注意力放在我的事业上 |
[01:30] | Most of our viewers are parents, | 我们的观众大多数都已经为人父母 |
[01:33] | home with their pre- school age children. | 在家陪伴着他们还未上学的孩子们 |
[01:35] | What will you tell your kids about the horrors | 那么以后您准备怎么和您的孩子 |
[01:38] | that you see every day? | 讲述您每天看见的这些可怕的事情呢 |
[01:41] | I’m not going to have any children. | 我不准备要孩子 |
[01:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:46] | Yes, really. | 是的 |
[01:54] | Do you have any advice for budding authors out there? | 您对那些新晋作家有什么好的建议吗 |
[01:59] | Well, the first thing they should have is an idea, | 嗯 首先他们应该有一个中心思想 |
[02:03] | and then… | 然后 |
[02:04] | Well, first you need something to write with. | 不对 首先你需要知道你想写什么 |
[02:07] | They- they know that. | 他们 他们知道这个 |
[02:09] | Well, obviously, you need a writing instrument | 很显然 你需要一个写作的工具 |
[02:13] | and you need an idea. | 你还需要一个中心思想 |
[02:16] | I’m just not sure | 我只是不确定 |
[02:17] | which should come first. | 哪一个才是第一位的 |
[02:20] | The book is Bred in the Bone, by Dr. Temperance Brennan. | 欢迎大家购买Dr. Temperance Brennan写的《深入骨髓》 |
[02:25] | Next up after the break, wicker, the new leather. | 广告之后 欢迎大家收看 柳条 新型皮制品 |
[02:29] | But is it safe for your children? | 但是对您的孩子是否安全呢 |
[02:38] | How was I? | 我表现的怎么样 |
[02:40] | We’ll talk about it on the way. | 我们在路上说吧 |
[02:42] | On the way where? | 去哪 |
[02:50] | State troopers called in the fire department | 州际骑警叫了消防部门 |
[02:52] | to put out a burning car, and they found a body | 在他们灭火之后 他们在驾驶座上 |
[02:54] | in the driver’s seat. | 发现了一具尸体 |
[02:55] | License plate and the VIN are missing. | 车牌照和车辆识别号码都不见了 |
[02:56] | Why is the FBI involved? | 那和FBI有什么关系 |
[02:58] | Well, one burned backpack, child- sized sneaker, | 在被烧毁的背包里发现了一只小孩的运动鞋 |
[03:00] | plus the right side rear seat belt went missing. | 还有就是右边座椅的安全带也不见了 |
[03:02] | Sliced away. | 是被切开的 |
[03:05] | You think it was a kidnapping? | 你认为这是一起绑架事件吗 |
[03:06] | I have to act that way. | 我必须这么想 |
[03:07] | The first 48 hours after a child abduction are crucial. | 儿童绑架事件发生后的48小时是最重要的 |
[03:10] | That’s why you’re here. | 这也是让你来这里的原因 |
[03:12] | You ID that victim, maybe that tells me | 你辨认一下死者 也许能告诉我 |
[03:14] | what kid I’m looking for. | 我需要找一个什么样的孩子 |
[03:52] | Shoe size four. | 四号鞋子 |
[03:55] | It’s a school bag, but the contents are burned | 这是个书包 但是里面的东西都被烧光了 |
[03:56] | beyond recognition. | 根本无法辨认 |
[03:57] | What about the human remains? | 那尸体呢 |
[04:00] | Victim was female. | 死者是一名女性 |
[04:02] | Her skull shows combined Caucasoid and Mongoloid features. | 她的头骨显示她有高加索人和蒙古人的特征 |
[04:06] | Also, preauricular sulcus to the pelvis | 还有 盆骨的前耳状沟 |
[04:09] | shows the victim gave birth five to eight years ago. | 显示死者五到八年前曾经生育过 |
[04:13] | The kidnapping victim could be her child. | 被绑架的有可能是她的孩子 |
[04:15] | Maxillary molars have been pulled | 上颌骨的臼齿被拔下来过 |
[04:17] | and replaced with removable dentures, | 并用一副可摘除的假牙替换了 |
[04:19] | lots of gold. | 有很多金子哟 |
[04:20] | In parts of the Caucasus, | 在高加索的某些区域 |
[04:22] | when girls from wealthy families turn 16, | 一些富裕人家的女孩16岁的时候 |
[04:24] | they are given gold teeth as a display of affluence. | 她们会通过换金牙这种方式来显示家里富有 |
[04:27] | I’ll dissolve a bicuspid in nitric acid | 我会用硝酸溶解一颗前磨齿 |
[04:29] | and do a chemical work- up. | 然后做一下化学分析 |
[04:31] | There’s something lodged in the larynx. | 她的喉咙里有什么东西卡在那 |
[04:33] | Part of her tongue? | 是一块舌头吗 |
[04:41] | Not fleshy enough for tongue, this is cartilage. | 不像舌头有那么多的肉 这是一块软骨 |
[04:43] | Dr. Brennan Mr. Addy Dr. Brennan, Mr. Addy, | |
[04:45] | this is Ms. Pickering. | 这位是Ms. Pickering |
[04:47] | She’s performing a security review for the State Department. | 她负责国务院的安全评估 |
[04:49] | One man’s security review is another man’s witch hunt. | 一个人的安全评估 就是对另外一个人的政治迫害 |
[04:52] | That would be Dr. Jack Hodgins. | 那这位一定就是Dr. Jack Hodgins了 |
[04:54] | – It would be, yes. – You know us all, don’t you, Ms. Pickering? | – 没错 – 看来您认识我们每一个人 Ms. Pickering |
[04:57] | Or is it Agent Pickering from the National Security Agency? | 或者应该称呼您为国家安全局的Pickering探员 |
[05:00] | I don’t yet know you as well as I will, Dr. Hodgins. | Dr. Hodgins 我刚刚认识你 |
[05:03] | Is something burning? | 什么东西烧起来了吗 |
[05:05] | Not anymore. | 已经烧不起来了 |
[05:06] | She’s pretty much extinguished by now. | 她已经完全被扑灭了 |
[05:08] | Ms. Pickering will require a few minutes of everyone’s time | Ms. Pickering需要占用各位几分钟时间 |
[05:11] | to perform a routine security review. | 来做一下日常的安全评估 |
[05:13] | I expect everyone to be cooperative. | 我希望所有人都能够积极配合 |
[05:15] | I’m not swearing any damn loyalty oath. | 我才不准备说什么狗屁效忠的誓言 |
[05:17] | And civil. | 还得有礼貌 |
[05:18] | Send this to Dr. Chen in Pathology. | 把这个送给病理学的Dr. Chen |
[05:20] | Ask him to identify it as soon as possible. | 让他尽快分析出来这个东西是什么 |
[05:22] | Dr. Brennan Dr. Brennan? | |
[05:23] | Yes, security check, civil. | 知道了 安全检查 要有礼貌 |
[05:25] | Zack will grind a segment of the femur, | Zack等下要磨一下大腿骨 |
[05:27] | so you can perform trace element analysis. | 这样你就能做微量元素的分析了 |
[05:28] | Didn’t I see you on television this morning, Dr. Brennan? | 我今天早上在电视上看到的是你吗 Dr. Brennan |
[05:31] | How could I possibly know what you watched on television? | 我怎么知道你在电视上都看到了什么 |
[05:34] | Booth, I have to talk to you. | Booth 我有话和你说 |
[05:37] | Yeah, it was definitely her. | 一定是她 |
[05:38] | Maybe work your way up to Dr. Brennan. | 也许你需要向Dr. Brennan看齐 |
[05:41] | How close are you to IDing the burn victim? | 你还要多久才能辨别出死者 |
[05:42] | I may be jumping the gun, but… | 我可能有些草率了 但是 |
[05:44] | That’s music to my ears. | 我喜欢这话 |
[05:45] | Well, considering this 48- hour thing, | 考虑到48小时这个问题 |
[05:47] | we should be looking at Eastern European immigrants | 我们应该寻找从欧洲东部移民过来的人 |
[05:49] | going back, say, ten years. | 往前追溯的话 大概十年左右 |
[05:50] | I can get that information for you. | 我可以给你这些信息 |
[05:52] | Angela doing a facial reconstruction?- Yes.- | – Angela在做面部复原吗 – 是的 |
[05:53] | You know, if this works, I’m gonna buy you a puppy. | 你知道吗 要是这样有用的话 我准备给你买只小狗 |
[05:55] | That would be inadvisable. You never told me how I was this morning. | 那就太不明智了 你还没告诉我今天早上我的表现怎么样呢 |
[05:58] | I asked you,”How did I do?” and you said, | 我问你 我表现的如何 然后你说 |
[06:00] | “We’ll talk about it in the car,” but we didn’t. | 我们车上说 但是我们在车上什么都没说 |
[06:02] | This was your first TV interview? | 这是你的第一次电视访谈吗 |
[06:04] | Yes. | 对 |
[06:05] | It was fine, you know…for your first interview. | 还可以 你知道的 如果说是第一次上电视的话 |
[06:09] | Well, that was a qualified response. | 你的回答很不明了 |
[06:10] | What? No. | 什么 不是的 |
[06:12] | It was lively, yeah. | 挺形象的 |
[06:13] | Lively? What kind of word is that? | 挺形象的 那是什么意思 |
[06:15] | It’s an adjective, though, ironically, most words | 是个形容词 虽然 讽刺地说 大多数 |
[06:17] | that end in “ly” are adverbs. | 以ly结尾的单词都是副词 |
[06:20] | Like “ironically.” | 比如说 讽刺地 |
[06:22] | Okay, what did I do wrong? | 好吧 我哪做的不对 |
[06:25] | Maybe next time, tell a funny story. | 也许下次你可以讲一个好玩的小故事 |
[06:27] | Oh, and never say you don’t like children. | 哦 对了 永远别说你不喜欢小孩 |
[06:29] | I didn’t say I don’t like children. | 我没说我不喜欢小孩 |
[06:30] | I just said I don’t want any. | 我只是说我不想要孩子 |
[06:32] | On TV, it’s same thing. | 在电视上来看 都是一回事 |
[06:36] | The victim’s skull was in good shape, | 受害者的头骨完好无损 |
[06:37] | no real shrinkage from the fire. | 在火里烧过之后也没萎缩 |
[06:43] | Okay, I’m running a comparison | 好 现在我要把我做的 |
[06:44] | between the facial reconstruction and the photos | 面部复原和移民局数据库里的照片 |
[06:48] | in the immigration database. | 进行一下对比 |
[06:51] | I hear we’re all going to get grilled | 我听说我们被某个神秘 |
[06:53] | by some mysterious government chick. | 政府部门的女士盯上了 |
[06:55] | I’ve been through this before. | 我曾经经历过这些 |
[06:56] | It’s so we can work on classified cases. | 这也是我们能做一些保密工作的原因 |
[06:59] | CIA, military… | 中央情报局 部队 |
[07:01] | You have something to hide? | 你有什么秘密吗 |
[07:02] | Better believe it, bucko. | 你最好这么认为 哥们 |
[07:04] | What kind of something? | 什么事呢 |
[07:05] | The best kind. | 最好的那种 |
[07:13] | There, that one. | 那个 就是她 |
[07:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:19] | It’s a good match. | 这个和死者很匹配 |
[07:21] | Polina Rozalina Semov, born 1970, | Polina Rozalina Semov 生于1970年 |
[07:25] | Cherdyn, Perm district of the Urals. | 出生于乌拉尔地区皮尔姆州的切尔登 |
[07:28] | She immigrated to the U.S. in ’94 with her sister Maria, | 她在1994年和她的妹妹Maria一起移民到美国 |
[07:31] | married Carl Decker. | 和Carl Decker结婚 |
[07:33] | They live in Cleveland Park. | 居住在克利夫兰公园附近 |
[07:34] | Children? | 有孩子吗 |
[07:36] | Donovan Dimitri Decker, born 1997. | Donovan Dimitri Decker 生于1997年 |
[07:41] | He’s eight years old. | 今年八岁了 |
[07:43] | Polina and Carl separated three months ago. | Polina和Carl三个月之前分居了 |
[07:46] | Separate addresses for Mom and Dad. | 分居后住在不同的地址 |
[07:48] | Well, we know that Mom is in a drawer in your lab. | 我们已经知道当妈的就在你实验室的抽屉里 |
[07:50] | Let’s go find Dad. | 我们去见见当爹的吧 |
[07:51] | You arrest someone really small lately? | 你最近逮捕过身材比较迷你的人吗 |
[07:54] | Car seat in the back. | 后面的座椅 |
[07:56] | Oh. I had Parker for the weekend. | 我这周周末带Parker了 |
[07:58] | Don’t know how you do that. | 不知道你是怎么做到的 |
[07:59] | Install a car seat in an FBI vehicle? | 在FBI的公车里安装儿童座椅吗 |
[08:01] | Bring a kid into this world, knowing what you know. | 生孩子 知道你应该做什么 |
[08:03] | Oh, but Parker was an accident, right? | 但是Parker是意外之喜 对吧 |
[08:06] | Because his mother wouldn’t marry you? | 因为他妈妈不想和你结婚 |
[08:08] | What? | 什么 |
[08:09] | It never occurred to you that, that might be a sensitive topic? | 难道你不觉得这是个比较敏感的话题吗 |
[08:12] | Well, you could have gone with the very small felon story. | 你可以顺着小小的罪犯的话题 |
[08:14] | I’m better for Parker being in the world. | 对于Parker来说我是更好的选择 |
[08:16] | Someday, you will see that. | 你看着吧 总有一天你会明白的 |
[08:18] | No, I won’t. – You’ll change your mind.- | – 我不信 – 你会改变主意 |
[08:19] | I don’t do that. – You will. | – 不可能 – 等着瞧吧 |
[08:21] | Yeah, maybe after I see how Carl Decker reacts | 好吧 等看到你告诉Carl Decker他的妻子被害 |
[08:23] | when you tell him his wife is dead and his child has been kidnapped. | 他的孩子被绑架时他的反应之后 |
[08:26] | Well, statistically speaking, we’re going to find Donovan with his dad. | 根据经验 我们会发现Donovan跟他爸爸在一起 |
[08:28] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[08:30] | Why? Because most kidnappings happen by estranged spouses. | 为什么 因为大多数的绑架都是不和的配偶做的 |
[08:33] | Ah, you’re certainly making the whole domestic scene | 我的天 你把家长里短说得 |
[08:35] | more and more attractive. | 越来越生动了 |
[08:38] | This is it? | 就是这吗 |
[08:39] | Yep, this is the correct address. | 对 就是这 |
[08:41] | You just hang back and let me do all the talking, okay? | 你站在我身后 由我来和他沟通 行吗 |
[08:56] | Mr. Decker Mr. Decker. | |
[08:58] | Bones, what are you doing? | Bones 你干嘛呢 |
[09:00] | What? | 什么 |
[09:00] | Oh, it’s tidy, Spartan even. | 房间很整洁 还很简朴 |
[09:02] | Is that odd for a recently separated man? | 这对于一个刚刚离婚的男人来说不奇怪吗 |
[09:04] | Guy’s supposed to be some super- rational tight- ass geek. | 这个人应该属于那种超级冷静的呆子 |
[09:08] | No offense. | 没有冒犯之意 |
[09:10] | There’s no TV, | 这个屋子里没有电视 |
[09:12] | no magazines, no art, no stereo. | 没有杂志 没有艺术品 没有音响 |
[09:15] | There’s dust on everything. | 东西上面盖了一层灰 |
[09:16] | I don’t think he’s been here in a while. | 我觉得他最近没在这住 |
[09:20] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[09:22] | Booth Booth? | |
[09:23] | Where are you going? | 你去哪啊 |
[09:34] | FBI FBI! | |
[09:35] | U.S. Marshals! | 法警 |
[09:37] | U.S. Marshals? | 法警 |
[09:38] | Forensic anthropologist! | 法医人类学家 |
[09:40] | That’s why no gun. | 这也是我不持枪的原因 |
[09:51] | Well, at least nobody got shot. Probably ’cause she didn’t have a gun. | 也许就是因为她没有枪 所以才没人受伤 |
[09:54] | Sir, why is Carl Decker’s home being watched by U.S. Marshals? | 先生 为什么法警要监视Carl Decker的房子 |
[09:58] | Carl Decker is a federal witness under Witness Protection. | Carl Decker是受证人保护的联邦证人 |
[10:01] | scheduled to appear before a grand jury in two days. | 他原本应该两天后出庭在大陪审团前作证 |
[10:04] | Is it a mob thing? | 是帮派的问题吗 |
[10:05] | Decker designs body armor for KBC Systems. | Decker为KBC公司设计防弹衣 |
[10:09] | He says they knowingly sent defective armor to Iraq. | 他说这个公司故意把有缺陷的防弹衣送往伊拉克 |
[10:13] | The Justice Department believes him, | 司法部门相信他 |
[10:14] | so they moved him to a safe house. | 所以他们把Decker转移到了安全屋 |
[10:16] | Does the Justice Department think | 那么司法部门觉得 |
[10:18] | that Decker’s in danger from the company? | 他的公司威胁到Decker的人身安全了吗 |
[10:19] | He thinks he is. | 他觉得自己有危险 |
[10:21] | They want him to testify, they play along. | 司法部门希望Decker能出庭作证 于是就配合他 |
[10:23] | Well, does Decker know | Decker知道 |
[10:24] | that his wife has been killed, and his child’s been kidnapped? | 他的妻子被害 他孩子被绑架的事情吗 |
[10:26] | No, and they don’t want him to know. | 不知道 他们也不希望他知道这个事 |
[10:28] | – Why?- Because it might prevent him from testifying. | – 为什么 – 因为这个事情对他出庭作证可能会有影响 |
[10:30] | Their point of view: there’s nothing to be gained from him knowing. | 他们认为他知道这件事情一点好处都没有 |
[10:33] | Except, maybe Decker chooses not to testify, and they don’t kill his son. | 除非Decker选择不出庭作证 他的公司就不杀他的儿子 |
[10:37] | Shouldn’t that be his decision? | 难道这不应该由他自己决定吗 |
[10:38] | Justice estimates | 司法部门认为 |
[10:39] | that KBC Systems is directly responsible | KBC公司对30起死亡事件 |
[10:41] | for 30 deaths and hundreds of injuries. | 和上百件受伤事件都有直接责任 |
[10:43] | They’re taking the larger view. | 他们是在考虑全大局 |
[10:45] | It’s complicated. – His wife is dead,- | – 这件事情很复杂 – 他妻子死了 |
[10:46] | and his child is missing. | 他的孩子也失踪了 |
[10:48] | That’s not so complicated. | 这没什么好复杂的 |
[10:49] | No one’s stopping you from investigating those crimes. | 没有人阻止你调查这些案件 |
[10:52] | He’s a material witness, I need access to him. | 他是重要证人 我需要见见他 |
[10:54] | Well, we know Decker didn’t kill his wife. | 我们都知道Decker没有杀他的妻子 |
[10:56] | He was in custody of U.S. Marshals. | 他被法警看管着 |
[10:57] | So start looking someplace else. | 所以你还是从其他方面开始调查吧 |
[11:01] | Harsh reality, Booth. | 残酷的现实啊 Booth |
[11:02] | Deal with it. | 接受吧 |
[11:05] | What, does he not like me? | 他不喜欢我吗 |
[11:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:08] | I’ll stay on Polina Decker’s remains, | 我会继续研究Polina Decker的遗体 |
[11:11] | see if that leads somewhere. | 看看有没有什么遗漏的地方 |
[11:12] | Yeah, I’ll talk to the victims’ families. | 我去和受害者家属谈谈 |
[11:14] | At least the ones who aren’t under federal protection. | 至少还有一个人不在证人保护计划里 |
[11:16] | You think a corporation would actually kill a woman | 你觉得一个公司真的会不惜杀了他的妻子 |
[11:18] | and kidnap her child? | 并绑架她的孩子吗 |
[11:20] | Billions in dollars, plus civil suits | 如果确认他们有罪的话 |
[11:22] | if they’re found guilty? | 那就是数亿美元的民事诉讼赔偿 |
[11:24] | I’ve seen people killed for 50 bucks. | 我见过有人因为50块钱而杀人的 |
[11:25] | You believe the boy is already dead? | 你觉得那个孩子已经死了吗 |
[11:27] | I have to assume that he isn’t. | 我只能假设他还活着 |
[11:28] | Why make that assumption? | 为什么要做这样的假设 |
[11:30] | Because it gives me something to look forward to | 因为这样还能给我带来点希望 |
[11:32] | instead of dread. | 而不是担心 |
[11:33] | Given the choice, I avoid dread. | 如果让我选的话 我肯定不选担心 |
[11:35] | Okay, that’s logical. | 好吧 有道理 |
[11:36] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[11:38] | Why dread something that hasn’t happened yet? | 为什么这么早为还没发生的事情焦虑呢 |
[11:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:42] | That piece of cartilage we found in Polina’s mouth? | 我们在Polina嘴里发现的软骨 |
[11:45] | Antihelix and meatus remnants. | 有对耳廓和外耳道的残余 |
[11:47] | It’s an ear? | 是耳朵吗 |
[11:48] | Chen says it was bitten off. | Chen说耳朵是被咬掉的 |
[11:50] | The victim bit off one of her attacker’s ears. | 受害者咬掉了袭击者的耳朵 |
[11:52] | I heard someone found a fingertip in their chili once. | 我曾经听说有人在辣椒酱里发现了手指 |
[11:56] | Dr. Chen also found vestiges of earwax. | Dr. Chen还发现了耳垢的残留 |
[11:58] | Okay, get that wax to Hodgins, see what he can find. | 把耳垢送到Hodgins那去检查一下 看看他能发现什么 |
[12:02] | Why do I have to learn to ride a bike? | 为什么我要学骑自行车 |
[12:04] | Are you really asking? | 你真的要问这个问题吗 |
[12:06] | Or are you just stalling? | 还是只是想拖延时间 |
[12:08] | Mm, stalling. | 拖延时间 |
[12:09] | Yeah, I thought so. | 我也这么想的 |
[12:13] | Why’d you stop? | 为什么停下来了 |
[12:14] | What are we hoping to learn from this tape? | 我们准备从这个录像带里发现什么吗 |
[12:17] | We know Carl Decker didn’t kidnap his own child. | 我们知道Carl Decker没有绑架他自己的孩子 |
[12:20] | The mother is dead, and the boy… | 母亲死了 孩子 |
[12:22] | And the boy might be dead, too. | 很有可能孩子也不在了 |
[12:24] | Well, I’m just wondering, | 我只是好奇 |
[12:25] | what is the benefit of watching this tape? | 看这个录像带有什么用 |
[12:27] | You put faces to names, you get a sense of human beings. | 你把相貌和名字对上号 有了对人的认识 |
[12:30] | Oh, come on, Bones. | 拜托了 Bones |
[12:31] | You’re the anthropologist. What does this tape tell you? | 你是人类学家 从这个录像带里你都看出了什么 |
[12:33] | Learning to ride a bicycle | 学骑自行车 |
[12:34] | is a kind of rite of passage. | 是人生必经的一个过程 |
[12:36] | It has anthropological significance. | 这很具有人类学意义 |
[12:39] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:40] | It carries meaning beyond the simple mechanics | 学骑自行车的意义远远不只是 |
[12:44] | of learning to ride a bike. | 操控机械这么简单 |
[12:45] | Are you being psychological? | 你是说从心理学层面上讲吗 |
[12:47] | Definitely not. | 当然不是 |
[12:48] | Psychology is about the individual. | 从心理学上来说 骑自行车意味着独立 |
[12:50] | I’m speaking to a set of cultural praxis and mores. | 我只是在说风俗习惯而已 |
[12:53] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么呢 |
[12:56] | The father is tight, | 父亲很紧张 |
[12:58] | he’s holding his arms, touching his mouth. | 他抱着胳膊 摸嘴唇 |
[13:00] | So he’s nervous. So what? | 也就是说他很紧张 所以呢 |
[13:02] | Look at the boy. He’s relaxed. | 看那个男孩 他很放松 |
[13:04] | He’s- He’s not afraid. | 他 他并不害怕 |
[13:05] | Well, so, then why was the boy stalling, huh? | 所以 为什么这个男孩在拖延时间呢 |
[13:07] | He’s not. | 他没拖延时间 |
[13:08] | The father is. | 父亲在拖延时间 |
[13:10] | The son understands that on some level. | 这个孩子有两把刷子 |
[13:12] | And he’s enabling his father to reach some level of comfort. | 他懂得如何让他的父亲放松下来 |
[13:15] | It’s a symbiotic relationship. | 这是一种共生关系 |
[13:16] | Relationship. Ha! | 关系 是吧 |
[13:18] | That’s psychology. | 也就是心理学方面 |
[13:19] | The boy trusts his father absolutely. | 很显然这个男孩很信任他的父亲 |
[13:22] | He’s confident. | 他很自信 |
[13:23] | The father wishes he didn’t have to do this, | 父亲很希望他不需要这么做 |
[13:26] | but he’s accepted that he must in his role as the father. | 但是他不得不接受他已为人父的这个事实了 |
[13:31] | What? | 什么 |
[13:33] | Probably the same way Decker felt | 也许这和Decker作为告密者 |
[13:34] | about being a whistle- blower. | 的感觉是一样的吧 |
[13:36] | That’s psychology, and it’s of no use to us | 那个才是心理学范畴的事情 并且这个和咱们 |
[13:38] | in this current investigation. | 手里的案子也没有关系 |
[13:39] | Just push play, okay? | 按播放键吧 |
[13:43] | All right, ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[13:44] | Okay. | 准备好了 |
[13:46] | Be careful, Donnie. | 小心点 Donnie |
[13:47] | Don’t make him nervous, Polina. | 别吓唬他 Polina |
[13:49] | Push me, Dad. | 推我一下 爸爸 |
[13:50] | Let go. Let go! | 松手 松手 |
[13:52] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[13:53] | Let me go, Dad! Let me go! | 让我自己骑吧 爸爸 让我自己骑 |
[13:56] | Not yet! Run along with him, Carl. | 还不行 跟上他 Carl |
[13:57] | I can do it! | 我能行的 |
[14:02] | He’s doing it. | 他骑的挺好的 |
[14:03] | He’s doing it. | 他会骑自行车了 |
[14:06] | Be careful. Be careful! | 小心点 小心点 |
[14:10] | How will we get him back, Carl? | 我们怎么把他找回来 Carl |
[14:13] | That’s the real question now, isn’t it, Bones, huh? | 这才是现在我们面对的真正的问题 是吧 Bones |
[14:15] | How do we get the boy back? | 我们怎么把那个男孩找回来呢 |
[14:20] | They left this morning, very early, about 5:00 a.m. | 他们今天早上走的特别早 大概五点就离开了 |
[14:23] | Donovan is on the swim team. | Donovan是游泳队的 |
[14:25] | Oh, my God… | 哦 我的天啊 |
[14:27] | You and your sister were close? | 你和你姐姐很亲近吗 |
[14:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:30] | When Polina and Carl separated, | Polina和Carl分开的时候 |
[14:32] | she and Donovan came to stay with me. | 她和Donovan来我这和我住在一起 |
[14:36] | This is terrible. | 简直太可怕了 |
[14:38] | Can you think of anyone who’d want to hurt your sister? | 你能想到有谁想要伤害你的姐姐吗 |
[14:42] | It must be Carl. | 一定是Carl |
[14:44] | Maybe he was afraid she would take Donovan away from him. | 也许他害怕我姐姐会把Donovan从他身边带走 |
[14:48] | Would she have done that? | 她会那么做吗 |
[14:49] | No. Never. | 不 永远不会的 |
[14:51] | You don’t like your brother- in- law? | 你不喜欢你姐夫 |
[14:53] | He’s supposed to be brilliant, I know. | 我知道他很聪明 |
[14:56] | But he is also cold, angry. | 但是他也很冷酷 易怒 |
[14:58] | Everything has to be just so. | 什么事都要听他的 |
[15:00] | Why did Carl and your sister separate? | 你姐姐和Carl为什么会分居 |
[15:03] | Polina said he was having affair. | Polina说他有外遇了 |
[15:05] | I thought, “Who’d want him?” | 我就在想 谁会找他那样的 |
[15:08] | But she found credit card receipts | 但是她发现了信用卡账单 是他经常去的一家汽车旅馆 |
[15:10] | from a motel he went to once, sometimes twice a week. | 有时候一周去一次 有时候一周去两次 |
[15:15] | When she confronted Carl, he was furious, | 当她和他对质的时候 他恼羞成怒了 |
[15:18] | wouldn’t talk about it. | 拒绝谈论这个事情 |
[15:20] | So, she left him. | 所以 她离开了他 |
[15:23] | Please find Donovan. | 求你一定要找到Donovan |
[15:26] | Find my sister’s boy. | 找到我姐姐的孩子 |
[15:31] | I found cracks in the victim’s upper incisors. | 我在受害者的上门牙上发现了细微的裂痕 |
[15:34] | There are also bilateral fractures | 股骨颈的地方 |
[15:36] | in the femoral necks. | 有双边骨折 |
[15:38] | There are similar fractures | 上肱骨也有类似的 |
[15:40] | in the proximal humeral heads. | 骨折现象 |
[15:42] | The result of the body going into spasm as it burned? | 会是人体燃烧时产生的痉挛造成的吗 |
[15:44] | Well, if she was burned alive. | 如果她是被活活烧死的 |
[15:46] | I’ll have Angela run some scenarios. | 我让Angela做一下场景模拟 |
[15:48] | Angela’s in her security review. | Angela在做她的安全评估 |
[15:50] | 25 addresses | 在过去的八年里 |
[15:52] | in six countries in eight years. | 你在六个国家有25个住址 |
[15:54] | That’s weird, right? | 听起来挺奇怪的 是吧 |
[15:55] | What were you doing in all those places? | 你在哪些地方都做了什么 |
[15:57] | Different things. | 不同的事情 |
[15:58] | Mostly looking. | 大多数是看风景 |
[16:00] | I’m an artist. | 我是一名艺术家 |
[16:03] | When was the last time you saw your husband? | 你上次看到你丈夫是什么时候 |
[16:05] | My husband? | 我丈夫? |
[16:06] | Yes. | 对 |
[16:08] | Oh! | 哦 |
[16:13] | You mean that actually took? | 你是说那次真的算是结婚吗 |
[16:15] | Really, it didn’t seem legal. | 是的 并且看起来不是很合法 |
[16:17] | We were in Fiji. | 我们当时在斐济 |
[16:18] | You know, there was a fire dance. | 你懂的 当时有篝火舞会 |
[16:20] | You know how those things can be, right? | 那个时候很多事情就会变得那个 是吧 |
[16:24] | I really don’t, Ms. Montenegro. | 我真的不懂 Ms. Montenegro |
[16:26] | Right. | 对 |
[16:27] | Do you like working here? | 你喜欢在这工作吗 |
[16:29] | Sometimes, yeah. | 有时候挺喜欢的 |
[16:31] | Not always. | 有时候就不 |
[16:32] | But there’s also a sense of accomplishment, | 但是在这工作会有一种成就感 |
[16:35] | and Brennan needs me here, | 并且Brennan也需要我 |
[16:36] | so I feel a- a personal connection there, | 我在这感觉有一种归属感 |
[16:38] | but, you know, the world’s a big place. | 但是 你懂的 世界那么大 |
[16:40] | Frankly, I’m- I’m emotionally ambivalent on the subject. | 坦白地说 我在这件事情上还是很矛盾的 |
[16:48] | Was that the wrong answer? | 这个答案不太好 是吧 |
[16:49] | I should be more, “Oh, this is the best job in the world, | 我应该更倾向于 “哦 这简直是世界上最好的工作了 |
[16:52] | and I’m proud to serve my country,” right? | 我很骄傲为我的祖国贡献自己的力量” 是吧 |
[16:55] | Right? Am I going too fast here? | 对吗 我是不是说的太快了 |
[16:57] | I mean, am I treating you too much like a therapist? | 我是说 我对你是不是像对治疗师一样了 |
[17:00] | Do you want to stop? | 你想要停止这个评估吗 |
[17:01] | Actually, ’cause | 实际上 由于 |
[17:02] | we could pick this up later if you’re… | 我们可以等会再说这个话题 如果你 |
[17:08] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[17:10] | Carl Decker is not only a disgruntled employee, | Carl Decker不是唯一一个对公司不满的员工 |
[17:13] | he’s, uh, uh… | 他是 嗯 |
[17:15] | What- What’s the term? | 那句话怎么说来着 |
[17:17] | As a lawyer, the, uh, legal term is, | 作为一名律师 法律上的说法是 |
[17:19] | nuts and a pain in the ass. | 令人头疼的疯子 |
[17:22] | Oppositional Defiance Disorder and paranoia is what I read. | 我所了解的是对抗型挑衅和妄想症 |
[17:26] | Like I said, nuts and a pain in the ass. | 也就是我说的 令人头疼的疯子 |
[17:29] | Read where? Paranoia? | 从哪看出来的妄想症 |
[17:31] | You read that where? | 你从哪看出来的 |
[17:35] | You had Carl Decker investigated? | 你手里有Carl Decker的调查报告? |
[17:37] | He’s making extremely damaging allegations against the company. | 他的说辞给公司造成无法估计的巨大损失 |
[17:40] | – False allegations.- Can you think of anyone | – 虚假的说辞 – 你觉得会有人 |
[17:42] | who’d want to kill his wife and kidnap his son? | 想要杀掉他的妻子并且绑架他的孩子吗 |
[17:44] | It wasn’t us. | 不是我们 |
[17:45] | I didn’t say it was. | 我没说是你们 |
[17:46] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[17:47] | We have to be top your list of suspects. | 我们肯定是你的首要嫌疑人 |
[17:49] | Look, we- we have an in- house system | 听着 我们自己有一套处理 |
[17:52] | for dealing with whistle- blowers. | 告密者的系统 |
[17:53] | We encourage it. | 我们鼓励他们这样做 |
[17:54] | I served in Vietnam, Agent Booth. | 我曾经在越南服役 Booth探员 |
[17:57] | I saw what soldiers see. | 我见士兵所见 |
[18:00] | If I read you correctly, you know what I mean. | 如果我看人看的比较准的话 我觉得你懂得我在说什么 |
[18:03] | Army. 75th Regiment. | 75团陆军 |
[18:06] | Rangers lead the way. | 突击队领头 |
[18:09] | I would never risk the lives of soldiers | 我绝对不会提供残次的军需设备 |
[18:13] | by knowingly providing them with defective armor, | 拿士兵的生命来冒险 |
[18:15] | and I welcome Carl Decker’s appearance | 我欢迎 Carl Decker在法庭上 |
[18:18] | at the grand jury, because he is wrong. | 出席作证 因为他是错的 |
[18:20] | Carl Decker did brilliant work for us, | Carl Decker确实很好地完成了他的工作 |
[18:22] | but he alienated everyone he worked with. | 但是他疏远所有和他一起工作的人 |
[18:24] | You should look for your murderer | 你应该去别的地方 |
[18:26] | and kidnapper elsewhere. | 找你的凶手和绑架者 |
[18:32] | Where have you been? | 你都去哪了 |
[18:33] | I’m a field agent. I was out in the field. | 我是外勤探员 当然是出外勤了 |
[18:35] | What did you find out? | 你发现了什么 |
[18:36] | There was a piece of an ear in the victim’s mouth. | 在死者嘴里的那块耳朵 |
[18:38] | It looks like she bit it off. | 看起来像是被咬掉的 |
[18:39] | The ear could tell us something. | 那块耳朵能告诉我们点什么 |
[18:41] | Have you found anything? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[18:42] | A lot. No reason for the attitude. | 挺多的 用不着这个态度 |
[18:44] | Well, I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[18:45] | Well, it’s not like you’ve been doing all the work, | 又不是你把所有的工作都完成了 |
[18:46] | and I’ve just been kicking back. | 我只是碰了钉子而已 |
[18:47] | Okay, what have you found out? | 好吧 你都发现了什么 |
[18:49] | The victim and her husband were having marital problems. | 受害者和她丈夫的婚姻出现了问题 |
[18:51] | She found motel receipts. | 她发现了汽车旅馆的收据 |
[18:52] | I got the security tapes from the motel parking lot. | 我拿到了汽车旅馆停车场的监控录像 |
[18:54] | I thought Angela could use her fat recognition program on them. | 我想Angela可以用那个肥胖识别程序识别一下 |
[18:57] | Mass recognition program. | 是体形识别系统 |
[18:59] | Whatever, maybe we’ll be able to find out | 管他呢 也许我们可以找出 |
[19:00] | who Decker was seeing behind his wife’s back. | Decker背着他妻子和谁见面了 |
[19:02] | Is Angela in her office? | Angela在办公室吗 |
[19:05] | According to the FBI pathologist, there was no smoke in the victim’s lungs. | 根据FBI的法医病理学家鉴定 死者肺部没有烟的痕迹 |
[19:09] | Meaning? | 也就是说 |
[19:10] | The victim was already dead when she was burned. | 死者在被焚烧之前就已经死亡了 |
[19:12] | There was clotting in the lungs, as well. | 在她的肺部还发现了血块 |
[19:14] | That’s troublesome. | 这就不好办了 |
[19:15] | If the fire was hot enough… | 如果火烧的够大的话 |
[19:16] | No, for clotting to occur, superheated air would have | 不 如果要形成血块的话 高温的气体 |
[19:19] | to be drawn into the lungs. | 应该会被吸入肺部 |
[19:21] | Which wouldn’t happen if she was already dead. | 如果她已经死了的话就不会这样了 |
[19:23] | Something else caused the clotting. | 是其他原因导致血块形成的 |
[19:25] | Angela’s ready with the tapes. | Angela那边已经准备好录像带了 |
[19:27] | The broken teeth could have resulted from particularly violent seizures. | 牙齿的裂纹可能是由剧烈痉挛引起的 |
[19:30] | Epilepsy? | 癫痫? |
[19:32] | There are severalal ternate causes of acute tonic muscular contractions. | 剧烈的肌肉强直性收缩间歇性出现几次的话 |
[19:35] | Poisoning, a precipitous drop in blood sugar… | 会导致中毒 血糖含量骤降 |
[19:38] | Would this be a good time to speak with Mr. Addy? | 我方便和Mr. Addy聊一聊吗 |
[19:40] | Considering you had to interrupt him to ask, probably not. | 鉴于你打断了他 我觉得并不方便 |
[19:43] | Take Hodgins. | 和Hodgins聊吧 |
[19:44] | I demand a lawyer. | 我要请律师 |
[19:45] | I don’t need Dr. Hodgins. I need Mr. Addy. | 我不需要和Dr. Hodgins谈 我只想和Mr. Addy谈 |
[19:47] | If I demand a lawyer, will I get out of it, too? | 要是我也请律师的话 是不是也不用和她谈话了 |
[19:49] | In that case, we all demand lawyers. | 如果是那样的话 我们都要请律师 |
[19:51] | I’ll wait for Mr. Addy. | 我去等等Mr. Addy |
[19:52] | Why aren’t you interviewing me? | 为什么你不和我谈话 |
[19:54] | It won’t be necessary. | 没有必要 |
[19:56] | I knew it. | 我懂了 |
[19:57] | They think my dossier is complete. | 他们觉得我的档案很完整 |
[19:59] | They think they know everything about me. | 他们觉得他们了解我的全部 |
[20:00] | Well, they’re wrong. | 但是 他们错了 |
[20:01] | Be happy they’re leaving you alone. | 不和你谈话你就高兴去吧 |
[20:03] | Yeah, I’m happy. Don’t worry, I’m happy. | 是的 我很高兴 别担心 我挺开心的 |
[20:05] | The ear you found | 你发现的那块耳朵 |
[20:07] | there’s- there’s no way it’s her- her own ear, right? | 不可能是她自己的耳朵 对吧 |
[20:10] | How could it be her ear? | 怎么可能是她自己的耳朵 |
[20:11] | That’s what I’m saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[20:12] | What? | 什么 |
[20:13] | It’s definitely not her ear. | 肯定不是她自己的耳朵 |
[20:14] | How could she bite off her own ear? | 她怎么可能把她自己的耳朵咬下来呢 |
[20:16] | Chromosome tests make it a male ear. | 染色体测试显示是男性的耳朵 |
[20:18] | Seizures? | 痉挛呢 |
[20:20] | Seizures could be due to | 痉挛可能是由于 |
[20:22] | low blood sugar, electrocution, | 低血糖 电击 |
[20:24] | infection, head injury, | 感染 头部受创 |
[20:26] | uh, brain tumor, a sudden lack of oxygen in the brain… | 嗯 脑瘤 大脑短期缺氧 |
[20:29] | Electrocution. | 电击 |
[20:30] | What? | 什么 |
[20:31] | The broken teeth, the fractures, | 断裂的牙齿 那些裂纹 |
[20:34] | the clots in her lungs. | 肺部的血块 |
[20:35] | She was electrocuted. | 她被电击过 |
[20:37] | That much damage to the teeth could only result | 只有多次剧烈的电击才可能导致 |
[20:39] | from multiple violent spasms. | 牙齿损坏成那个样子 |
[20:41] | Dozens. | 很多次 |
[20:42] | She was tortured. | 她被拷问过 |
[20:45] | For what? | 为什么呢 |
[20:50] | To find out where her husband was. | 为了找出她的丈夫在哪 |
[20:54] | You should at least pretend to interview me. | 你至少也应该假装和我谈个话吧 |
[20:56] | Dr. Hodgins, your file is complete. | Dr. Hodgins 你的档案很全面 |
[20:58] | How is that possible? | 怎么可能 |
[20:59] | No one from the State Department has interviewed me in two years. | 这两年国务院的人就没有一个人和我谈过话的 |
[21:01] | No one from the State Department has ever interviewed you. | 永远不会有国务院的人和你谈话 |
[21:03] | Right, yeah, let’s play it your way. | 对 你说得对 让我们用你们的方法来 |
[21:06] | Six months ago, your cousin was appointed to a very high posting in the government. | 六个月前 你的表哥出任政府中的要职 |
[21:09] | My cousin with the bad rug? | 我那个戴假发的表哥? |
[21:11] | It doesn’t affect his security clearance. | 这对他的政审毫无影响 |
[21:12] | It should. It demonstrates a complete denial of reality. | 肯定有影响 假发表现了他对现实的完全否定 |
[21:15] | Appointed to what very high posting? | 担任了什么要职 |
[21:17] | That’s classified. | 这是机密 |
[21:18] | In what part of the government, or is that classified, as well? | 在政府机构的哪个部门 这个问题也是机密吗 |
[21:21] | As a potential embarrassment, you were thoroughly checked out. | 说出来略难堪 你已经被彻查过了 |
[21:25] | What kind of embarrassment? | 什么样的难堪 |
[21:26] | You are a conspiracy buff, Dr. Hodgins. | 你是一名阴谋论者 Dr. Hodgins |
[21:28] | You’re paranoid. | 你有妄想症 |
[21:29] | Okay, okay, so, you’re telling me | 好吧 也就是说 |
[21:31] | that my toe- chewing, moron cousin was appointed to | 我那个咬脚趾的傻表哥在政府的一个秘密部门 |
[21:35] | a secret post in a secret part of the government | 担任了你不能告诉我的 |
[21:37] | you can’t tell me about, | 秘密要职 |
[21:39] | so you compiled a secret dossier on me, | 于是你就给我编造了一个秘密卷宗 |
[21:41] | but I’m the one who’s paranoid? | 然后我是那个有妄想症的人 |
[21:43] | We don’t use the word “dossier.” | 我们不用卷宗这个词 |
[21:45] | What was the finding? | 结果是什么 |
[21:48] | I still work here, so… | 我还在这里工作 所以 |
[21:49] | Harmless. | 无害的 |
[21:50] | Harmless? | 无害的? |
[21:52] | I’m harmless? | 我无害? |
[21:53] | Yes. You do not pose a viable threat. | 对 你不会引起任何可行性的威胁 |
[21:56] | Well, that’s just… insulting. | 这 这简直就是侮辱 |
[22:02] | If you want me to interview you, I will. | 如果你想让我和你谈话的话 我会的 |
[22:06] | But I’ll only discover what we already know. | 但是我只能得出我们已经得出的结论 |
[22:09] | You are benign. | 你没有什么危险性 |
[22:11] | I am not benign, lady. | 我有危险性 女士 |
[22:13] | I’m not harmless. | 我不是无害的 |
[22:15] | I’m malignant. | 我有害 |
[22:16] | I’m a loaded cannon. | 我是填充了炸弹的大炮 |
[22:18] | I know things that would curdle your blood, | 我知道怎样能让你的血液凝固 |
[22:20] | including a formula that literally curdles blood. | 包括能使你全部血液凝固的药方 |
[22:26] | She’s wrong. I’m dangerous. | 她错了 我很危险的 |
[22:30] | Carl Decker is 1.7 meters tall and weighs 58.2 kilograms. | Carl Decker身高是1米7 体重58.2公斤 |
[22:36] | An ultra- marathoner. | 狂热的马拉松爱好者 |
[22:37] | Be glad he’s so lean. | 好在他很瘦 |
[22:38] | It should make him easier to find. | 这样就很容易发现他了 |
[22:41] | – Not him. – I talked to Pickering | – 不是他 – 我和Pickering谈过了 |
[22:43] | Was it awful? | 感觉难受吗 |
[22:44] | Actually, I found it cathartic. | 实际上我倒是觉得这是一种宣泄 |
[22:50] | Well, his head’s down. What do you think? | 他低着头 你怎么看 |
[22:52] | No. He doesn’t move like a runner. | 他的行为方式看起来不像是跑马拉松的人 |
[22:55] | She knows a lot about us. | 她很了解我们 |
[22:56] | It’s creepy. | 这太诡异了 |
[22:58] | It’s confidential. | 那是机密 |
[22:59] | Couldn’t you get the file? | 你拿不到档案吗 |
[23:01] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[23:01] | Then it’s not confidential. | 那就算不上什么机密 |
[23:06] | That’s him. | 这是他 |
[23:07] | That’s Carl Decker. | 这个是Carl Decker |
[23:08] | Fast forward. | 快进 |
[23:09] | See if he shows up with anyone else. | 看看有没有其他人和他一起出现 |
[23:14] | Back up. | 后退 |
[23:18] | Freeze on that guy. | 看一下那个人 |
[23:22] | Can you zoom in? | 你能再拉进一点吗 |
[23:24] | Hmm. A secret life can cause marital strife. | 嗯 秘密生活会导致婚姻破裂 |
[23:29] | He was having an affair with a man? | 他和一个男人偷情吗 |
[23:31] | All right, simmer down. For all we know, he’s meeting a hit man. | 好了 总的来说 我们现在知道他见了一名杀手 |
[23:33] | – Doesn’t look like a hit man. – Just print the picture. | – 看起来不像杀手啊 – 把照片打印出来 |
[23:36] | I’ll put the word out, see if he’s in any of the Bureau databases. | 等会我发放消息 看看这个男人在联邦数据库里有没有信息 |
[23:38] | And when we find him? | 我们什么时候去找他 |
[23:40] | Haul him in, check to see if he’s got both ears. | 把他抓进来 看看他的两只耳朵还都在不在 |
[23:42] | Let you know what happens. | 到时候我会告诉你的 |
[23:47] | Could we start, please? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
[23:48] | Anytime. | 随时 |
[23:49] | I can do two things at once. | 我可以一心二用 |
[23:51] | Mr. Addy, I require your full attention. | Mr. Addy 我需要你集中注意力 |
[23:53] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不需要 |
[23:55] | But I’ll give it to you. | 但是我可以把注意力集中到你那 |
[23:57] | What I need to do here is establish | 我需要做的就是确定 |
[23:59] | that you are not a threat to the security of this country. | 你对这个国家的安全没有威胁 |
[24:01] | I’m getting a degree in forensic anthropology. | 我在修法医人类学的学位 |
[24:03] | I’m halfway through another in engineering. | 修了一半工程学学位 |
[24:05] | What are you afraid I’ll do? | 你怕我做什么呢 |
[24:06] | Build a race of criminal robots who’ll destroy the Earth? | 建立一个罪恶的机器人种族来摧毁地球吗 |
[24:09] | Do you have that kind of fantasy often? | 你经常会有这种幻想吗 |
[24:10] | Very often. | 经常会有 |
[24:12] | Does it concern you that such adolescent thoughts | 那这种幼稚的想法会不会让你觉得 |
[24:14] | are a sign of emotional retardation? | 是情感退化的表现呢 |
[24:16] | I’ve been told. | 有人这么和我说过 |
[24:17] | I’m working on it. | 我也在克服它 |
[24:18] | Can you understand why that concerns us? | 你知道这为什么会让我们担心吗 |
[24:21] | Not really. | 不知道 |
[24:22] | Hypothetically: you have a piece of information… | 假如你获得了一条信息 |
[24:25] | Secret and meaningful information? | 一条秘密的但是很有意义的信息 |
[24:27] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[24:28] | And the security of the country’s at stake. | 国家安全正处于危机状态 |
[24:30] | Could I bribe you to give it to me? | 我可以通过贿赂你来获得这条信息吗 |
[24:32] | No. | 不可以 |
[24:33] | Threaten you? – No.- | – 恐吓你 – 不行 |
[24:34] | What if I made a reasonable, rational argument, | 如果我的理由很充分 还很理性呢 |
[24:37] | very persuasive? | 特别有说服力吗 |
[24:39] | Merely persuasive? | 仅仅有说服力? |
[24:40] | Irrefutable. | 不能拒绝的 |
[24:41] | I make an irrefutable argument | 我用一个毋庸置疑的理论 |
[24:43] | as to why you should give me this piece of information. | 来让你把这条信息给我 |
[24:45] | Would you do so? | 你会这么做吗 |
[24:46] | Not without checking with Dr. Brennan or Angela first, | 首先我要和Dr. Brennan还有Angela确认一下 |
[24:49] | see what they said, | 看看她们怎么说 |
[24:50] | maybe Agent Booth, if he’d talk to me. | 可能还有Booth探员 如果他会和我讨论这件事的话 |
[24:52] | He probably wouldn’t. | 他应该不会和我讨论这个 |
[24:54] | I’d check with Dr. Hodgins, | 我会和Dr. Hodgins确认一下 |
[24:55] | but he’d say it was all part of some conspiracy, | 但是他可能会说这里面有阴谋 |
[24:57] | so I mostly only take his advice on women. | 所以我只会在女人这个话题上听取他的意见 |
[25:01] | 480 volts, 350 amps. | 480伏特 350安培 |
[25:04] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[25:05] | It’s sort of secret information | 这是秘密信息的一种 |
[25:07] | I probably shouldn’t tell you. | 也许我不应该告诉你 |
[25:09] | Any other questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[25:21] | Good work, sir. | 干的漂亮 长官 |
[25:23] | I only posted his face | 我刚在20分钟前 |
[25:24] | on the hot sheet 20 minutes ago. | 把他的照片登上去 |
[25:26] | My boss is the United States Attorney General. | 我的上司是美国司法部部长 |
[25:29] | You’re not doing my career any good | 你把我登在寻人名单上面 |
[25:31] | putting me on the hot list. | 会给我的工作带来不利影响 |
[25:32] | Special Agent Seeley Booth, | 特别探员Seeley Booth |
[25:34] | Assistant U.S. Attorney Ken Weeks. | 这位是Ken Weeksmeet 司法部长的助理 |
[25:37] | I was hoping you’d turn out to be gay or have only one ear. | 我还指望你是个同性恋或者是一只耳 |
[25:42] | Yeah, I get the gay thing a lot because I’m so cute, | 因为我太招人喜欢了 所以很多人以为我是同性恋 |
[25:45] | but the one- ear thing, that’s unique to you. | 但是一只耳这个事情我还是第一次听说 |
[25:47] | You’re Carl Decker’s Justice Department handler? | 你是Carl Decker那个案子的负责人吗 |
[25:49] | Carl Decker was my prime witness against KBC Systems. | Carl Decker曾是我对付KBC的王牌 |
[25:52] | Was? | 曾 |
[25:53] | You get fired cause we caught you | 你因为我们在汽车旅馆的监控上 |
[25:55] | on some motel surveillance cam? | 看到你 然后就被炒鱿鱼了吗 |
[25:56] | They lost him. | 他们把他弄丢了 |
[25:58] | A material witness | 被大陪审团 |
[25:59] | for a specially- convened grand jury, | 传唤的重要证人 |
[26:01] | and you lost him? | 你就这么把他弄丢了? |
[26:03] | The guy’s pretty smart. | 那个人特别聪明 |
[26:04] | Genius level. | 简直是天才 |
[26:06] | Do you have any idea | 你知道怎么 |
[26:07] | it’s like to interact with those types of people? | 和那类人交流吗 |
[26:09] | Yeah, a little. | 我知道一点 |
[26:10] | So what made him run? | 所以他为什么跑了 |
[26:12] | Decker insisted upon talking to his son every day. | Decker每天都坚持和他的儿子聊一会 |
[26:15] | This morning, we couldn’t put him in touch with Donovan. | 今天早上 我们联系不上Donovan |
[26:18] | He panicked and ran. | 他就慌了 然后就跑了 |
[26:19] | The marshals will find him. | 法警会找到他的 |
[26:20] | Doesn’t matter, he won’t testify, | 没关系 他没找到 |
[26:22] | not after he finds out about his wife and his child. | 他的妻子和儿子的之前 他是不会上庭作证的 |
[26:24] | You might as well pack up that grand jury | 你也可以把陪审团的人 |
[26:26] | and send everybody home. | 送到他们家里去 |
[26:27] | Look, I get the chance, | 听着 我抓住机会了 |
[26:29] | I’ll give him the “don’t let your wife die in vain” speech. | 我告诉他 别让你的妻子白白牺牲 |
[26:32] | Who knows, it might work. | 谁知道呢 也许会有效果呢 |
[26:33] | Weeks, you think this company | Weeks 你觉得这家公司 |
[26:35] | is capable of putting a hit out on Decker? | 可能会对Decker下手吗 |
[26:37] | Kill his wife, kidnap his kid? | 杀了他的妻子 绑架他的孩子吗 |
[26:39] | KBC Systems sent our boys into battle with faulty body armor. | KBC公司给我们的战士送去有残次的防弹衣 |
[26:43] | In my book, you can do that, you can do anything. | 在我看来 他既然能做那种事 绑架他也能做到 |
[26:52] | If Decker’s as smart as they say, how will they catch him? | 如果Decker如他们说的一样聪明的话 他们怎么抓到他 |
[26:54] | Forget Decker. Our job is to find his son. | 忘了Decker吧 我们的工作是找到他的孩子 |
[26:56] | If Decker doesn’t show up to testify… | 如果Decker不去作证的话 |
[26:58] | We can’t assume they’d let the boy live. | 我们就不能假设他们留了孩子的活口了 |
[27:00] | Surely KBC isn’t going… | KBC公司肯定不会 |
[27:02] | Bones, we don’t know who hired these guys- – | Bones 我们不知道是谁雇佣了那些人 |
[27:04] | KBC, military, disgruntled shareholders, | KBC 部队 对他不满的股东 |
[27:06] | or it could be someone we haven’t even thought of yet. | 或者是我们到现在为止还没发现的人 |
[27:11] | What? | 什么 |
[27:11] | You just told me not to jump to a conclusion. | 你刚告诉我别急着下结论 |
[27:13] | No offense intended. | 无意冒犯 |
[27:14] | No, you were right. | 不 你说得对 |
[27:15] | It’s just I usually get to tell you. | 这也是我经常告诉你的 |
[27:16] | Our relationship has taken a whole new turn. | 我们的关系出现了全新的变化 |
[27:18] | 480 volts, 350 amps. | 480伏特 350安培 |
[27:21] | Polina Decker Polina Decker? | |
[27:22] | That’s the voltage it would take | 这种电压可以使 |
[27:23] | to cause muscle spasms so strong they would fracture bone. | 肌肉强烈痉挛以至于发生骨折 |
[27:26] | That’s not household current. | 不是家庭用电 |
[27:28] | They used a generator. | 是发电机 |
[27:30] | Zack, you are smart. | Zack 你太聪明了 |
[27:33] | Hey, Zack, Zack! This guy, Decker, he’s like you. | 嘿 Zack Zack 这个人 Decker和你很像 |
[27:36] | He’s in the whole stratosphere, IQ- wise. | 他的智商超高 |
[27:38] | What’s his IQ? | 他智商有多高 |
[27:40] | It’s 163. | 163吧 |
[27:41] | Oh, he’s not where Zack is. | 他和Zack不在一个层次上 |
[27:43] | If he’s in the stratosphere, I’m in the ionosphere. | 如果他属于最上层 那我就是电离层的 |
[27:45] | Look, the point is that Decker escapes the U.S. Marshals, | 听着 关键在于 Decker从法警那逃出来了 |
[27:48] | tries to contact his wife and he finds out she’s been killed. | 想要和他的妻子联系 然后发现他的妻子被杀害了 |
[27:51] | What does he do next? | 接下来他会做什么 |
[27:52] | His IQ is not a variable. | 他的智商不是变量 |
[27:54] | Intelligence doesn’t determine what you do so much as | 智商不能决定你做什么 甚至不能决定 |
[27:56] | how effectively you do it. | 你的效率 |
[27:58] | What he’ll do depends on what kind of person he is. | 他会做什么取决于他是什么样的人 |
[28:00] | Well, you know, he’s a loving father, | 他是一个爱孩子的父亲 |
[28:03] | okay, estranged from the mother of his child. | 离开了孩子的母亲 |
[28:07] | Sound like anyone you know? | 听起来像你认识的谁吗 |
[28:09] | You want to just back out of my personal space there, buddy? | 说话的时候别离的太近 好么 兄弟 |
[28:11] | Zack’s right. | Zack是对的 |
[28:12] | If you were in Decker’s position, what would you do? | 如果你是Decker 你会怎么做 |
[28:20] | Bucar- 4 with accessory proceeding to 4413 L Street, | Bucar- 4与从犯正在前往L街4413号的KBC公司 |
[28:24] | KBC Systems, requesting local cowboys for backup, | 如果可以的话 |
[28:27] | possible 10- 31. | 请求当地警方支援 可能需要逮捕 |
[28:28] | Roger that, Bucar- 4. | 收到 Bucar- 4 |
[28:29] | Did you just refer to me as an accessory? | 刚才你是把我称作是从犯吗 |
[28:31] | You asked me what I would do if I were Decker. | 你问我 如果我是Decker的话 我会怎么做 |
[28:33] | They kill my wife, they take my little boy. | 他们杀了我的妻子 带走了我儿子 |
[28:35] | I’d go to the source of the problem and take him out. | 我会找到这个麻烦的源头 然后把他揪出来 |
[28:38] | Take him out like… | 揪出来 就像 |
[28:45] | FBI. Seward in his office? | FBI Seward在他办公室吗 |
[28:47] | Secure the building, nobody in or out. | 封锁这栋楼 任何人不得出入 |
[28:49] | Usually, I enjoy your company, Bones, but, you know, | 通常我很喜欢你陪在我身边 Bones 但是 你知道的 |
[28:52] | it’s times like this that you give me | 这次的感觉就好像 |
[28:53] | just a little something extra to worry about. | 你的存在让我有额外的顾虑 |
[28:54] | You enjoy my company? | 你喜欢我陪在你身边 |
[29:13] | FBI Mr. Decker FBI, Mr. Decker. | |
[29:14] | Drop your weapon. | 放下你的武器 |
[29:16] | Now! | 现在 |
[29:17] | Nothing’s changed. | 什么都没变 |
[29:19] | Make the call | 打电话 |
[29:21] | or I’ll blow your head off. | 否则就崩了你的脑袋 |
[29:22] | He wants me to call his son’s kidnappers. | 他想让我给绑架他儿子的绑匪打电话 |
[29:24] | Tell them to release my boy or you die. | 告诉他们 放了我儿子或者你去死 |
[29:27] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[29:28] | You can shoot me after that. | 你可以在这件事之后再杀了我 |
[29:30] | – I don’t care. – I don’t know… | – 我不在乎 – 我不知道 |
[29:31] | Mr. Decker Mr. Decker, | |
[29:33] | Agent Booth is an excellent shot. | Booth探员是个神枪手 |
[29:35] | I’m not afraid to die. | 我不怕死 |
[29:36] | Shoot him! | 杀了他 |
[29:37] | For God’s sakes, shoot him! | 我的天啊 杀了他 |
[29:38] | Mr. Seward, please shut up! | Mr. Seward 请你闭嘴 |
[29:40] | What you’re trying to do save your son | 如果你今晚死了的话 |
[29:42] | that’s not going to happen if you die here tonight. | 你就没法救出你儿子 |
[29:44] | Be rational, Mr. Decker. | 冷静点 Mr. Decker |
[29:46] | What you were planning has failed. | 你的计划已经失败了 |
[29:47] | You have to adapt. | 你需要接受这个事实 |
[29:58] | Adapt how? | 怎么接受? |
[30:01] | All I want is for my son to live. | 我只不过是想让我的儿子活下来 |
[30:04] | You people just took away his best chance. | 你们刚刚浪费掉了救他的最佳时机 |
[30:19] | Do you know a woman named Lily Marsden? | 你知道一个叫Lily Marsden的女人吗 |
[30:21] | Yes, I do. | 我认识 |
[30:23] | You had sexual relations with her? | 你和她有性关系吗 |
[30:24] | This falls under your purview? | 这个在你们的调查范围之内吗 |
[30:26] | Lily Marsden is an environmental extremist. | Lily Marsden是一名极端环境保护主义者 |
[30:29] | She’s in Earth Now. | 她是Earth Now的一员 |
[30:31] | You give money to Earth Now, don’t you? | 你给Earth Now捐过钱 是吧 |
[30:33] | Yeah, and the Sierra Club and Habitat for Humanity, | 对 还有山川俱乐部还有人类栖息地 |
[30:36] | the opera and Public Radio. | 歌剧 还有公共电台 |
[30:37] | Lily Marsden has been arrested for breaking into animal labs, | Lily Marsden曾经因非法闯入动物实验室 |
[30:41] | torching SUVs, trespassing on military reserves, | 烧毁车辆 侵入部队仓库 |
[30:45] | dousing citizens wearing fur with red paint… | 向穿皮毛制品的公民泼红漆而被捕 |
[30:49] | Dr. Goodman Dr. Goodman, | |
[30:50] | if you have had or are having | 如果你曾经 或者现在 |
[30:52] | sexual relations with Lily Marsden, | 仍然和Lily Marsden存在不正当关系的话 |
[30:54] | we have a problem. – Why?- | – 我们就有问题需要处理了 – 为什么 |
[30:56] | Because an elicit sexual relationship | 因为你和她的不正当关系 |
[30:58] | gives her leverage over you. | 会对你产生一定的影响 |
[31:00] | This makes you a security risk. | 这就让你成为了安全隐患 |
[31:04] | I’m a married man, Ms. Pickering. | 我已经结婚了 Ms. Pickering |
[31:07] | I’m faithful to my wife. | 我对我的妻子很忠诚 |
[31:08] | Could you please define your relationship with Lily Marsden? | 你可以描述一下你和Lily Marsden的关系吗 |
[31:12] | I enjoy talking to her. | 我很愿意和她交流 |
[31:14] | We argue. | 我们讨论事情 |
[31:16] | She’s a nut, but she’s a smart nut. She’s… | 她是个疯子 但是个聪明的疯子 她 |
[31:19] | always interesting. | 很有趣 |
[31:21] | She’s never dull. | 她从来不让人觉得乏味 |
[31:22] | So you… | 所以你 |
[31:23] | Talk to her. | 和她聊天 |
[31:26] | I think it’s a very bad sign when discourse becomes suspect. | 我觉得当讨论变成了怀疑这件事是个不好的信号 |
[31:29] | You talk to her. | 你和她聊天 |
[31:31] | Sometimes we yell. | 有时候我们也会争吵 |
[31:34] | You want to give me one good reason | 你需要给我个 |
[31:35] | why I shouldn’t charge you with attempted murder, Mr. Decker. | 你并没有涉嫌故意谋杀的理由 Mr. Decker |
[31:38] | You think I went after Seward out of vengeance? | 你以为我去找Seward是为了复仇吗 |
[31:40] | Looks like vengeance. | 看起来像是复仇 |
[31:42] | KBC Systems hired people to kill my wife and kidnap my child. | KBC公司雇佣杀手杀了我的妻子 绑架了我的孩子 |
[31:46] | Think rationally for a moment. | 理智地思考一下 |
[31:48] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[31:49] | If KBC Systems is behind the kidnapping, | 如果KBC公司是绑架的幕后主使者 |
[31:51] | then Seward would be the person to call it off. | 那么Seward一定可以打电话让那个人取消行动 |
[31:54] | Rational human being… | 理智的人类啊 |
[31:55] | how’d you find yourself amongst these people? | 你是怎么在这群人里生存下去的呢 |
[31:57] | Sir, we are trying to help. | 先生 我们正在帮助你 |
[31:59] | Excellent. Hold your gun to Trent Seward’s head | 很好 拿着你的枪顶着Trent Seward的脑袋 |
[32:01] | and force him to let my son go. | 逼他让他放了我儿子 |
[32:03] | There’s no compelling evidence | 现在没有强有力的证据 |
[32:05] | that Trent Seward was the man | 证明Trent Seward是指使 |
[32:06] | who ordered the kidnapping of your son. | 绑架你儿子的人 |
[32:08] | I personally calculated the penetration tolerances | 我私自计算了战斗防弹衣的 |
[32:12] | for the combat flak jackets. | 耐击穿数据 |
[32:14] | The company found my calculations | 公司觉得我的结果 |
[32:16] | to be “excessively conservative.” | 太过于保守 |
[32:18] | 30 soldiers died. | 30名士兵死了 |
[32:21] | Trent Seward will do anything | Trent Seward会耍尽一切手段 |
[32:24] | to prevent me from testifying. | 来阻止我上庭作证 |
[32:26] | He or someone working for him | 他 或者为他工作的人 |
[32:28] | kidnapped my child and killed my wife. | 绑架了我的孩子 杀了我的妻子 |
[32:31] | If you want to get Trent Seward, | 如果你想让Trent Seward绳之以法 |
[32:32] | go into that grand jury and tell them what you know. | 上庭作证 告诉大陪审团你都知道些什么 |
[32:34] | And the kidnappers will kill my boy. | 那绑匪就会杀了我儿子 |
[32:37] | All due respect for what you’re going through emotionally, | 现在你需要做的就是冷静下来 |
[32:39] | sir, uh, Mr. Weeks is not wrong. | 先生 Mr. Weeks没说错 |
[32:42] | This is my son. | 那是我儿子 |
[32:44] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[32:45] | And if there’s even a slight chance | 如果有一丁点机会 |
[32:47] | that I can save his life by shutting up, | 能让他的生命不会就此截止的话 |
[32:49] | then that’s what I’ll do, shut the hell up. | 我一定会那么做 我会闭上我的嘴 |
[32:51] | And what about the soldiers? | 那些士兵呢 |
[32:53] | Analytically, I understand | 逻辑上来讲 我知道 |
[32:56] | that many lives outweigh the one. | 和成千上百的人的性命来比 一个人的命不值一提 |
[33:00] | But I cannot trade my son’s life. | 但是我不能用我儿子的性命来做交易 |
[33:03] | Have you considered that by not testifying, | 那你想没想过如果你不出庭的话 |
[33:05] | your wife will have died in vain? | 你的妻子就白白牺牲了 |
[33:06] | Shut it up, Weeks. | 闭嘴 Weeks |
[33:08] | If you people had protected Mr. Decker | 如果你的手下能够好好保护Mr. Decker |
[33:10] | and his family properly, we wouldn’t even be here. | 和他的家庭的话 我们今天就不会坐在这里了 |
[33:13] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[33:23] | The only way that I will testify… | 只有一种情况我会出庭 |
[33:26] | …is if I see you with my son. | 那就是看到你和我儿子在一起 |
[33:29] | Mr. Decker, you and …Donovan | Mr. Decker 你和Donovan |
[33:32] | do you have a code word? | 你们有什么暗号吗 |
[33:33] | Something to let him know that you sent me? | 能让他知道是你派我过来的 |
[33:40] | “Paladin.” | 帕拉丁 |
[33:42] | Tell Donovan, “Paladin.” | 告诉Donovan 帕拉丁 |
[33:48] | Paladin… defender of the faith, a protector. | 帕拉丁象征着信念的守护者 |
[33:53] | Suits you, Booth. | 和你正合适 Booth |
[33:56] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[33:58] | You tough guys are all very sentimental. | 你们这些硬汉其实感情都很脆弱 |
[34:06] | Got results on the earwax. | 耳垢的结果出来了 |
[34:10] | I ran the particulates through the gas chromatograph | 我用气相色谱仪分析了微粒 |
[34:13] | and found the pollen of Eragrostis curvula, | 发现了画眉草的花粉 |
[34:15] | more commonly known as Weeping Love grass. | 常见名叫垂爱草 |
[34:17] | And where does one find Weeping Love? | 我们在哪可以找到垂爱呢 |
[34:19] | Weeping love is found worldwide, | 垂爱在全世界都有分布 |
[34:21] | but Weeping Love grass, that’s in South Africa. | 但是垂爱草只能在南非出现 |
[34:25] | Anything else? | 其他的呢 |
[34:27] | Yeah, traces of automotive- grade asbestos. | 里面还有汽车石棉的痕迹 |
[34:30] | The guy didn’t have very good aural hygiene. | 这家伙不太注意耳部卫生 |
[34:32] | Dr. Brennan Dr. Brennan. | |
[34:35] | What, now? | 怎么了 现在吗 |
[34:36] | You’ve got to be kidding. | 开玩笑吗 |
[34:37] | Take me, I’ll waive the lawyer. | 带我走吧 我不请律师了 |
[34:39] | I have a few surprises in me! | 我不会让你失望的 |
[34:41] | Tell that to your superiors at the N.S.A. | 把这句话告诉你们国家安全局的长官 |
[34:43] | Booth, we’re looking for a one- eared South African. | Booth 我们要找一个只有一只耳朵的南非人 |
[34:46] | South African? | 南非人? |
[34:47] | Does that mean something? | 这意味着什么吗 |
[34:48] | Yeah, I mean, there’s a number | 当然 我的意思是 |
[34:49] | of South African security consultants | KBC雇佣很多南非的安全顾问 |
[34:51] | that companies use to do their dirty work in the Third World. | 在第三世界国家完成他们的肮脏交易 |
[34:53] | They’re really mercenaries. | 他们就是雇佣兵 |
[34:55] | – Well, he might be a mechanic of some kind. – You can tell that? | – 他有可能是机械修理工人 – 这你都知道吗 |
[34:58] | He had traces of what is probably brake pad in his ear. | 在他耳朵里有刹车片里面的东西 |
[35:02] | How’d that get in there? | 那玩意怎么会进到耳朵里 |
[35:03] | Well, any number of ways, most likely | 很多种方法啊 比如 |
[35:05] | his hand comes in contact with the asbestos, | 他的手和石棉有接触 |
[35:08] | and then he scratches his ear. | 然后就用手挠耳朵 |
[35:13] | Hello? Are you still there? | 喂 你在听吗 |
[35:18] | Yeah. I’m on my way over. | 在 我马上去你那 |
[35:19] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[35:20] | Somebody just sent me Donovan Decker’s finger. | 刚刚有人把Donovan Decker的手指寄给我了 |
[35:28] | An eight- year- old boy, yes, that’s consistent with | 一个8岁男孩的手指 |
[35:31] | what I’m looking at. | 和我们要找的一致 |
[35:32] | You should really send this to an FBI pathologist. | 你应该把这个送去给FBI的病理学家 |
[35:34] | They’d give me fingerprints and DNA. | 他们会给我个指纹和DNA |
[35:36] | We already know who the finger belongs to. | 但是我们已经知道这个手指是谁的了 |
[35:38] | I- I need more. | 我 我需要更多的信息 |
[35:39] | Like what? | 比如 |
[35:40] | You gave me a South African mechanic | 你从一小块烧过的耳朵里发现 |
[35:42] | from a chunk of burnt ear, do it again. | 它属于一个来自南非的机械修理工人 再做一遍 |
[35:45] | Do it better, do it fast. | 做的更好 更快一点 |
[35:47] | What? Start. | 什么 开始 |
[35:49] | Come on, do what you do. | 求你了 做你应该做的事情 |
[35:51] | You’re kind of worked up. | 你太着急了 |
[35:52] | What you see is a bunch of facts, but what I see | 在你眼里 那是一堆事实摆在眼前 但是在我眼里 |
[35:54] | is a terrified little boy with his finger cut off. | 是一个被砍掉了手指的吓坏了的小男孩 |
[35:56] | Now, is he even still alive? | 所以 他现在是不是还活着 |
[35:59] | Blood saturation levels in the surrounding tissues are high, | 在受伤的组织的周围血液的饱和度还很高 |
[36:03] | his heart was still beating | 在他们砍掉他的手指的时候 |
[36:04] | when they removed his finger. | 他的心脏还在跳动 |
[36:06] | Okay… | 好的 |
[36:08] | He’s alive. That’s something. | 他还活着 这就有所进展 |
[36:10] | Who does this? | 谁干的 |
[36:11] | Cuts a finger off an eight- year- old boy? | 砍下一个8岁男孩的手指 |
[36:13] | Mercenaries, professionals. | 雇佣兵 职业的 |
[36:15] | They don’t feel a thing. | 他们冷血无情 |
[36:16] | I feel things, Booth. | 但是我有感情 Booth |
[36:18] | Never said you didn’t, Bones. | 我从没说过你没有 Bones |
[36:19] | I’m a professional, too. | 我也很职业 |
[36:22] | I do better work if I only see the finger and not the child. | 如果我只看到了手指而不是孩子的话 我会把工作做到更好 |
[36:25] | That doesn’t mean I’m like them. | 但这不意味着我和他们是一类人 |
[36:27] | I know that, Bones, but what I also know | 我知道 Bones 但是我也知道 |
[36:29] | is that they made a big mistake sending us that finger. | 那个把手指送给我们的人犯了个大错 |
[36:32] | Why, because it made you mad? | 为什么 因为这让你很生气吗 |
[36:33] | No, because you’re going to use it to catch them. | 不 因为你要用这根手指去抓住他们 |
[36:36] | So you gather up your squint squad. | 所以现在就找你的眯眯眼小分队 |
[36:38] | Let’s get to work. | 开始工作吧 |
[36:41] | Did you kick the ball? | 你踢到球了吗 |
[36:43] | How far did it go? | 它跑了多远 |
[36:44] | Backwards? | 向后 |
[36:46] | Yeah, I can kick a ball. | 是的 我也会踢球 |
[36:48] | I’m going to… Daddy’s going to show you on Saturday. | 我会 爸爸周六表演给你看 |
[36:52] | I’m going to see you Saturday, okay, Parker? | 我周六去看你 可以吗 Parker |
[36:55] | Okay, I got to go, bub. | 好了 小伙子 我要挂电话了 |
[36:57] | I love you. I’ll see you Saturday, bye. | 我爱你 周六见 拜 |
[36:58] | What do you got? | 你发现了什么 |
[37:00] | The finger was severed using a hatchet on a wooden surface. | 手指是在木板上被短柄斧子砍下来的 |
[37:03] | Cutting board? | 案板? |
[37:04] | No, older, unsealed, pine. | 不 更古老 未封胶的松木 |
[37:06] | I’m thinking like a workbench in a mechanic shop. | 我觉得更像是机器修理工的工作台 |
[37:08] | – Why? – Well, there’s traces of lead and methyl tertiary- butyl ether on the bone. | – 为什么 – 骨头上有铅和甲基叔丁基醚的残留 |
[37:12] | The nail was bitten to the quick, by the way. | 还有 指甲是被迅速咬下来的 |
[37:14] | Kid was nervous. | 小孩子很紧张 |
[37:15] | You would be, too. | 你也会的 |
[37:16] | MTBEs have been added to gasoline since the ’70s. | 甲基叔丁基醚是在70年代被加入到汽油当中的 |
[37:19] | But there’s lead here, as well. | 铅也是一样 |
[37:20] | Leaded gasoline was phased out between 1975 and 1986. | 含铅汽油在1975年到1986年逐渐被淘汰掉了 |
[37:24] | Asbestos from brake pads, leaded gasoline, | 刹车片上的石棉 含铅的汽油 |
[37:27] | a mechanic bench, you know, | 机械修理工的工作台 你们知道吗 |
[37:28] | plus the mother was electrocuted by current | 再加上孩子母亲被通电的发电机 |
[37:30] | from a generator. | 电击身亡 |
[37:32] | We’re looking for an abandoned gas station | 我们要找的是一个废弃的加油站 |
[37:34] | or a mechanic shop off the grid. | 或者是没连上电网的机械修理商店 |
[37:35] | You guys are geniuses. | 你们都是天才 |
[37:37] | How do we find that? | 我们怎么找这个地方 |
[37:38] | I work for the FBI, you idiot. | 我在FBI工作 你个笨蛋 |
[37:40] | Way to go, Zack, we went from geniuses to idiots | 就这样吧 Zack 三秒钟时间 |
[37:42] | in three seconds. | 我们就从天才变成傻瓜了 |
[37:45] | Can you tell me what you were doing in Cuba? | 你能告诉我你去古巴做了什么吗 |
[37:47] | Only if you tell me first. | 除非你先告诉我 |
[37:48] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[37:50] | I don’t know your security clearance. | 我不知道你的机密权限有多高 |
[37:52] | Well, what is your security clearance? | 那你的机密权限有多高呢 |
[37:54] | You should check with the State Department. | 你应该和国务院确认一下 |
[37:55] | I’m from the State Department. | 我就是从国务院来的 |
[37:57] | Then that should make it easy for you. | 那这件事就简单了 |
[38:00] | When you were in Cuba, | 当你在古巴的时候 |
[38:02] | did you meet with a man named Juan Guzman? | 你见过一个叫Juan Guzman的人吗 |
[38:20] | Hello. It’s Dr. Brennan from the Jeffersonian. | 你好 我是Jeffersonian的Dr. Brennan |
[38:23] | You told me to call you if anyone asked about… | 你之前告诉我如果有人问起 |
[38:27] | you know… him. | 那个人 你懂的 |
[38:31] | Someone from the State Department named… | 有一个从国务院来的人叫 |
[38:33] | Samantha Pickering Samantha Pickering. | |
[38:40] | Pickering Pickering. | |
[38:44] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[38:46] | Yes, I’ll wait… I’ll wait here. | 好 我会等的 我在这等着 |
[38:53] | Any more questions? | 还有问题吗 |
[38:55] | No. | 没了 |
[38:56] | Uh, no. In fact, the entire review is suspended. | 呃 不 实际上 整个调查都被叫停了 |
[39:02] | I’m to wait here until someone comes to destroy my notes. | 我需要在这等人来销毁我的笔记 |
[39:07] | We might have the kid. | 我们可能发现孩子了 |
[39:13] | Polina didn’t make any calls from her cell phone | 在Polina被绑架之后 |
[39:16] | after she was kidnapped, but nobody turned it off. | 没有人用过她的电话 也没有人把她的电话关机 |
[39:18] | When she left her coverage area, the cell phone was automatically | 当她离开信号覆盖区的时候 手机就自动 |
[39:22] | assigned a new routing tower. | 寻找新的信号塔 |
[39:23] | You could triangulate her position? | 您能三角定位她的位置吗 |
[39:25] | Yeah, to within 75 square miles. | 可以 就在75平方英里内 |
[39:27] | There were six abandoned gas stations in that area. | 有六个废弃的加油站 |
[39:30] | There were five urban, one rural. | 有五个在市里 一个在乡下 |
[39:31] | SWAT’s gonna check them all out, but I think it’s the rural one we want. | 特警会逐个检查 但是我觉得应该在那个乡下的废弃加油站 |
[39:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[39:35] | ‘Cause I used to do this kind of work. | 因为我曾经做过这样的工作 |
[39:37] | What, rescuing people? | 什么 解救人质吗 |
[39:38] | Or being… the person they needed to be rescued from. | 或者是 需要从我手里被解救 |
[39:41] | Oh. If I had a choice, | 如果我可以选 |
[39:44] | I picked an isolated rural area. | 我会选择一个偏僻的乡下区域 |
[39:45] | This place is perfect. | 那个地方堪称完美 |
[39:47] | It’s an abandoned truck repair depot. | 是一个废弃的汽车修理库房 |
[39:48] | The SWAT team will meet us there. | 特警队会在那和我们汇合 |
[39:50] | Why don’t we ever take my car? | 为什么不开我的车 |
[39:51] | Do you have bulletproof vests in the trunk? | 你后备箱有防弹背心吗 |
[39:52] | No. – That’s why. | – 没有 – 就是这个原因 |
[40:05] | FLIR imagery gives us three adults within the structure. | 前视红外图像显示屋子里面有三个成年人 |
[40:08] | – The boy? – No reading. | – 孩子呢 – 没发现 |
[40:11] | Probably because he’s small…or hypothermic. | 可能是因为他太小了 或者体温过低 |
[40:14] | Entirely possible, sir. What’s the play? | 完全有可能 下面该怎么办 长官 |
[40:16] | I go in first, straight for the kid. | 我先进去 找到孩子 |
[40:18] | You guys do what you do. All right. | 你们就做你们该做的 好的 |
[40:19] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[40:21] | Wait outside. | 在外面等着 |
[40:23] | But I don’t want to miss anything. | 但是我不想错过任何事情 |
[40:24] | Bones, these guys aren’t like anyone else you’ve come up against. | Bones 这些人和之前你对付的人不同 |
[40:27] | Please. Just be someone you aren’t for the next ten minutes, | 求求你 在接下来的十分钟别做你自己 |
[40:30] | and you hang back. | 在后面等着我 |
[40:31] | Please. | 求你了 |
[41:12] | Watch your back! | 注意背后 |
[41:24] | Donovan, don’t look at him anymore. Okay? | Donovan 别看他 好吗 |
[41:26] | – It’s okay. Don’t look at him anymore. – No! Get away! | – 没事的 别看他 – 不 走开 |
[41:28] | You’re gonna be all right. He’s not gonna hurt you anymore. | 你会没事的 他不会再伤害你了 |
[41:31] | – Get away! – Okay… | – 走开 – 好 |
[41:32] | Donovan, Paladin. Okay? | Donovan 帕拉丁 你还记得吗 |
[41:35] | Paladin. | 帕拉丁 |
[41:36] | Paladin. | 帕拉丁 |
[41:38] | Okay? Paladin. Come on. | 没事了 帕拉丁 来吧 |
[41:40] | Come on. | 过来 |
[41:49] | All right, hey, come on. You’re all right. | 好了 没事 你没事了 |
[42:26] | Is my dad crying? | 我的爸爸在哭吗 |
[42:28] | I think your dad’s crying because he’s happy. | 我觉得你爸爸是喜极而泣 |
[42:30] | He’s happy he got you back. | 他很高兴我把你带回来了 |
[42:42] | – Well done.- Yeah, I hope you’re really good at your job, Mr. Weeks. | – 干得漂亮 – 我希望你能做好你的工作 Mr. Weeks |
[42:45] | Why is that? | 什么意思 |
[42:46] | ‘Cause otherwise, you got nothing going for you. | 不然的话 你将一无所获 |
[42:52] | He’s a father himself. | 他自己也是一名父亲 |
[42:54] | Well, thank God I always had the sense not to let that happen to me. | 感谢上苍 我一直期待别让这种事情发生在我的身上 |
[43:07] | You think KBC hired the mercenaries? | 你觉得是KBC找的雇佣兵吗 |
[43:09] | We’ll let the grand jury figure that out. | 那就需要大陪审团去解决了 |
[43:12] | We did our job. | 我们已经完成任务了 |
[43:14] | It’s not often I get to help save someone before they die. | 我很少在某些人死之前就能把他们解救下来 |
[43:17] | Hell, Bones, every time you catch a murderer you save his next victim. | Bones 每次你在抓到凶手的时候 都是在拯救他的下一个目标 |
[43:20] | This is different. | 那不一样 |
[43:21] | Yeah. Still glad you don’t have any kids? | 是 还是很庆幸你没有孩子吗 |
[43:23] | – Yeah. Why?- You were looking at that boy and his dad, | – 对啊 为什么 – 当你看着那个孩子和他的父亲的时候 |
[43:26] | I just thought you’d change your mind. | 我以为你改变主意了呢 |
[43:28] | No. Still glad, you do have a kid? | 不 仍然很庆幸你有孩子吗 |
[43:31] | Gladder today than yesterday. | 今天比昨天更庆幸吧 |
[43:32] | Doesn’t make any sense. | 没道理 |
[43:35] | Yeah, it’s complicated. | 是啊 这个事情很复杂 |