时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 7:30 right now. Coming up, a recap of a disturbing story- | 7:30新闻 即将播出 一个令人不安的事件- |
[00:04] | …the skeletal remains discovered by a group of sixth- grade students in Anacostia. | 在Anacostia一群六年级学生发现骸骨… |
[00:08] | The remains have not yet been identified, according to police | 警方声称还没有辨认出遗体的身份 |
[00:11] | and there’s no word as to whether foul play is suspected. | 警方并未透露是否怀疑是他杀 |
[00:14] | Dale, the word most repeated by the young witnesses we spoke to: “horror”. | 我们采访的年轻目击者Dale最常重复的词语是 |
[00:18] | As in it looked like a horror movie. | 惊悚 就像是在恐怖电影里的那样 |
[00:21] | Nah we’re going to be going for another take. | 不行 我们需要重拍一条 |
[00:25] | – I hate press cases. – Yes sir. | – 我讨厌媒体参与的案子 – 明白 长官 |
[00:27] | More than three cameras show up, | 三个以上的摄像头出现 |
[00:29] | some homicide detective kicks it up to his captain | 某些凶杀案刑警把案子踢给他的警督 |
[00:31] | who kicks it up to the chief, who kicks it to the F.B.I. | 警督踢给局长 局长又踢给FBI |
[00:33] | And you bang kick it down to me. | 然后您就转手交给我 |
[00:35] | Which I thank you for, sir the opportunity. | 我很感激的 长官 能有这样的机会 |
[00:37] | Booth, I want this closed. | Booth 我希望结案 |
[00:38] | I don’t want to pick up next Sunday’s Post and read | 我不想打开下周日的报纸然后读到 |
[00:41] | “Church kids find mystery corpse dressed for Halloween, | “教堂小孩发现的身着万圣节服装的神秘尸体 |
[00:43] | F.B.I. remains clueless”. | 警方依旧一筹莫展”类似这种的报道 |
[00:45] | I guarantee you won’t read that, sir. | 我保证您不会读到这个的 长官 |
[00:47] | Okay? I- I’m on it. | 好吧 我马上调查 |
[00:48] | Bones Bones. | |
[00:49] | – Got here as soon as I could. – Yeah. Thanks for coming. | – 接到通知我马上就来了 – 嗯 谢谢你过来 |
[00:52] | I pull you from anything important? | 我把你从什么重要的事情中叫来了吗 |
[00:53] | A 9, 600 year old Caucasoid female skeleton | 上个月在中国的昆仑山脉发现了 |
[00:57] | was found in the Kunlun Moutains in China last month. | 一具9600年前的白种女性的骸骨 |
[00:59] | An international investigation is under way. | 一个国际性的调查正在进行 |
[01:01] | I’m contributing stress marker analysis. | 我参与压力标记分析这部分 |
[01:03] | |I think you’re gonna find this, uh, very interesting too. | 我觉得你会发现这个 呃 也很有意思的 |
[01:16] | What the hell is he wearing? | 他穿的什么玩意 |
[01:18] | It’s lightweight. Composite. | 这是轻量级的复合材料 |
[01:21] | I think it was some kind of sexual bondage suit. | 我觉得这是某种情趣捆绑装束 |
[01:23] | And there’s that bag. It’s full of maggots. | 这还有个包 里面都是蛆 |
[01:26] | Looks like cellulose in there, | 那里看着像纤维素 |
[01:28] | degraded from bodily tissues and decomposing fat. | 由身体组织和腐烂的脂肪降解而成的 |
[01:31] | And maggots. | 还有蛆 |
[01:34] | Tibial plateau fractures and ground disturbance suggest total body impact. | 胫骨平台骨折以及着陆状态显示全身受创 |
[01:38] | Okay. So did he jump, or was he pushed, Bones? | 好吧 所以是他跳下来的 还是被推下来的 Bones |
[01:41] | That’s what we have to figure out. | 那是我们需要搞清楚的事儿 |
[01:43] | We can take the skeleton in. | 我们可以把遗骨带回实验室了 |
[01:46] | Give you a report, maybe after next week. | 会给你一个报告的 大概下周之后 |
[01:48] | No you don’t have to solve the whole case. | 不 你不用解决全部案子 |
[01:49] | Just tell me if I’m looking at a murder. | 就告诉我是否需要找凶手就行 |
[01:50] | Maybe, you know, pull a quick I.D.? | 也许 就是 快速查出死者是谁也行 |
[01:54] | Don’t use your charm smile on me. | 别用你迷人的笑容来对付我 |
[01:56] | What? It’s a mark of respect. That’s all. | 什么 这是表示尊重 仅此而已 |
[02:01] | Epiphyseal union with the diaphysis on the wrist, knees and ankles | 在手腕 膝盖 和脚踝处的骨干和骨骺闭合 |
[02:04] | suggests the victim was between 14 and 18 years old. | 表明被害人年龄在14到18岁之间 |
[02:08] | 1.6 meters tall, a very slight build suggesting he was at the younger end of the scale. | 1.6米高 有点弱小 说明他在这个范围内的年幼的阶段 |
[02:12] | That tracks with the bag. | 包内的残余 |
[02:14] | The degraded cellulose we found is a graphic novel. | 我们发现的降解的纤维素其实是本连环画小说 |
[02:16] | – A what? – It’s a comic book. | – 一本啥 – 是本漫画书 |
[02:18] | I never read comic books. | 我从没读过漫画书 |
[02:20] | Really? I had you pegged for a graphic novel nut. | 真的吗 我一直以为你是那种漫画迷 |
[02:24] | The face and cranial vault are badly fractured. | 脸部和颅顶全部都严重骨折 |
[02:27] | Blows to the parietal have sent radiating fracture lines | 在顶骨的一击使放射性骨裂蔓延至 |
[02:29] | between the mid, frontal and anterior temporal buttresses.Why? | 中部 前部 以及前颞拱处 为什么你会那么想 |
[02:32] | Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica. | 星际大战 星际迷航 星门 星际大争霸 |
[02:37] | Focusing, gentlemen. | 集中注意力 各位 |
[02:39] | Conclusion: brutal assault killed him. | 结论 残忍的攻击致死 |
[02:43] | He was dropped…after he was was already dead. | 他是被扔下来的…在他已经死亡之后 |
[02:46] | His killer wanted it to look like a suicide. | 凶手想伪装成自杀 |
[02:52] | Let’s get his dentals into the N.C.I.C., see if we can find a match. | 把他的牙科记录送到国家犯罪信息中心 看能否找到匹配 |
[02:55] | Zack, call Stockholm and Beijing. | Zack 给斯德哥尔摩和北京致电 |
[02:57] | Our research data on the other thing is going to be delayed. | 我们另一个研究数据会晚点上报 |
[03:02] | It’s Warren Granger, age 17. | 这是Warren Granger 17岁 |
[03:04] | 17, small for his age. | 17岁 个头稍微有点小 |
[03:06] | Yeah. Well, he was home schooled. G.E.D. obtained last summer. | 对 是的 他是在家自学的 上个夏天刚刚获得高中同等文凭 |
[03:09] | Mother and stepfather reported him missing from this very block two months ago. | 两个月前 他母亲和继父就在这个街区上报他失踪 |
[03:15] | Hey, listen. Bones, you know, if you want, uh, sit this part out, | 嘿 听我说 Bones 如果你想 呃 不参与这部分的话 |
[03:18] | hey I know you got some ancient Chinese bones waiting. | 我知道你有个古代中国骸骨等着研究 |
[03:20] | No. I’m on this now. | 不 我现在做这个案子了 |
[03:30] | Looks like every other house in the neighborhood. | 这个社区每个房子长得都一样 |
[03:32] | Every family has its secrets, Bones. | 每个家庭都有秘密 Bones |
[03:39] | This was Warren’s room. | 这是Warren的房间 |
[03:43] | No one’s been up here since the detective first looked it over. | 自打上次警探调查之后没人再上来过了 |
[03:47] | The news said there was hardly anything left of him. | 新闻上讲他基本上都没剩下什么了 |
[03:53] | Can you think of anyone who might have wanted to… | 你能想到有任何意图要… |
[03:56] | harm Warren in any way? | 以任何形式伤害到Warren吗 |
[03:58] | He was always by himself. | 他总是自己一个人 |
[04:00] | No friends, no enemies. | 没有朋友 没有敌人 |
[04:04] | Spent all his time up here with his comic books | 所有的时间都在这里看他的漫画 |
[04:07] | and toys. | 和玩他的玩具 |
[04:08] | He was a lonely kid. | 他是个孤独的孩子 |
[04:10] | Boy died before he even had a life. | 在他人生没开始的时候就死了 |
[04:12] | I really thought he had just run away. | 我真的以为他就是离家出走了 |
[04:21] | We tried. | 我们尽力了 |
[04:23] | Tried to get him out of this place, | 尽力让他脱离这个地方 |
[04:26] | into some kind of real life. | 过真实的生活 |
[04:28] | I even got him a job at the bowling alley, | 我甚至在保龄球馆给他找了一份工作 |
[04:31] | but… he just spent all his money on this stuff. | 但是…他把所有钱都花在这些东西上了 |
[04:38] | Unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[04:44] | That’s quite the collection of comic books. | 看看这漫画书的藏品 |
[04:46] | Hodgins said that the cellulose mass was a graphic novel. | Hodgins说那团纤维素是连环画小说 |
[04:51] | He sent it to Angela for analysis and recovery. | 他给Angela做分析和修复了 |
[04:56] | – Sweet. – Sweet? | – 真赞啊 – 什么赞 |
[04:58] | This is Batman #127, featuring the Hammer of the Thor. | 这是蝙蝠侠127号期刊 雷神之锤特别篇 |
[05:00] | This is worth about 300 bucks. | 这值300美金呢 |
[05:04] | Booth, are you a nerd? | Booth 你是书呆子吗 |
[05:06] | First of all, you mean geek, and no, I’m not, okay? | 首先 你要表达的词语是技术宅 其次 不是 我不是 好吧 |
[05:08] | It’s quite normal for an American male to read comic books. | 一个美国男人读漫画书是很正常的事情 |
[05:11] | I find it hard to believe you have anything in common with Warren Granger. | 很难相信你和Warren Granger有共同之处 |
[05:15] | Oh, you mean isolated, with an inner secret life? | 哦 你是说孤僻吗 有着一个秘密身份什么的 |
[05:18] | No, I’d say you were more like Warren. | 不 我是说你其实和Warren很像 |
[05:26] | Zack discovered some significant hairline parry fractures | Zack发现了一些值得注意的细小的格挡骨折 |
[05:29] | on the right and left ulnae. | 在右侧和左侧的尺骨上 |
[05:31] | It’s his arms. | 是他的胳膊 |
[05:32] | I know ulna means forearm- – I pay attention. | 我知道尺骨是前臂- 我也是注意听讲的 |
[05:35] | I also know that parry fracture means that the kid fought back, Bones. | 我还知道格挡骨折的意思是这孩子回击了 Bones |
[05:38] | Small of stature, a geek, and he fought back. | 小个头 技术宅 然后他还回击了 |
[05:42] | Yeah, he also got thrown from a roof. | 对 他还从房顶被扔下来了 |
[05:48] | There’s nothing but games on here. | 这儿除了游戏什么都没了 |
[05:49] | There’s no journal. | 没有杂志 |
[05:51] | There’s no documents, nothing personal. | 没有文件 没有任何私人的东西 |
[05:54] | What did he do at his desk? | 那他在桌前做什么呢 |
[05:55] | I mean, there’s a light; | 还有个台灯呢 |
[05:57] | The rug is worn. | 毯子也有磨损 |
[06:00] | He used this area for something. What was it? | 他在这里做了些什么的 什么呢 |
[06:02] | It’s probably where he read his comic books. | 也许他在这里读漫画书 |
[06:15] | I think Warren sat here and wrote, longhand, with a ballpoint pen. | 我觉得Warren在这坐着并且写了什么 手写的 用圆珠笔 |
[06:20] | That’s pretty retro for a geek. | 就技术宅而言有点复古 |
[06:23] | Well, at least we know where he got the idea for a costume. | 至少 我们知道了他服装的创意是哪里来的 |
[06:26] | Citizen 14. | 14号公民 |
[06:29] | Superhero. | 超级英雄 |
[07:07] | Hodgins dried out and separated the pages. | Hodgins把书页弄干并且都分离开了 |
[07:11] | I digitized them and adjusted for ink seepage. | 我把他们都扫描了然后把浸墨的部分做了调整 |
[07:14] | Was this printed commercially? | 这个有商业化地出版吗 |
[07:16] | No, it’s a prototype, it’s handmade. | 不 是个样本 是手绘的 |
[07:18] | That’s what he was writing at his desk. | 他在桌前干的是这事儿 |
[07:20] | A comic book starring himself. | 一本以自己为原型的漫画 |
[07:22] | A shy, adolescent young man renders himself as a superhero. | 一个害羞的青少年男孩把自己描绘成一个超级英雄 |
[07:26] | Alone in that room all the time, | 总是单独一人待在屋里 |
[07:28] | maybe Warren got consumed by his own fantasy. | 也许Warren被自己的幻想迷惑了 |
[07:30] | You think he was actually out fighting crime? | 你觉得他真的出去打击犯罪了吗 |
[07:32] | Well, the boy got beaten to a pulp | 这孩子在特区犯罪率最高的地方 |
[07:34] | while wearing his superhero outfit in the heaviest crime area of D.C., Bones. | 穿着他自己的超级英雄的服装被打个半死 Bones |
[07:38] | s you know, being a writer yourself, Dr. Brennan, | 同样也作为一个作家 Dr. Brennan |
[07:40] | Warren Granger’s comic book could be infused | Warren Granger的漫画书可能会充满了 |
[07:42] | with his real life fears and conflicts. | 他现实生活中的恐惧和挣扎 |
[07:45] | Especially in the case of an adolescent writer. | 在一个青少年作家身上尤甚 |
[07:47] | Can you retrieve any more of this? | 你能修复更多的手绘吗 |
[07:48] | – Yeah, sure. – Fine. | – 好 没问题 – 很好 |
[07:51] | What’s our next step? | 下一步做什么 |
[07:52] | Oh, we’ll go see if Warren had any friends his mother didn’t know about. | 哦 我们要去看看Warren是不是有他母亲并不知晓的朋友 |
[07:59] | Wait a minute- – | 等等 |
[07:59] | Warren Granger was the skeleton corpse those kids found? | Warren Granger就是那些孩子们发现的骷髅骨吗 |
[08:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:05] | Sounds like you were close. | 听起来你们关系不错 |
[08:06] | How long was he lying there all dead like that? | 他死亡后在那里躺了多久啊 |
[08:08] | Well, for a while. | 有一阵了 |
[08:10] | How well did you know Warren, Mr. Ellis? | 你和Warren有多熟 Mr. Ellis |
[08:13] | He came in here all the time. | 他总是来这里 |
[08:15] | You know, he, uh, knew his stuff. | 你看 他 呃 对这些很精通 |
[08:18] | He was a nice kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[08:21] | Really nice guy. | 非常好的人 |
[08:22] | Something you’re not telling us? | 你有什么隐瞒的吗 |
[08:25] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[08:26] | Well, you seem a little nervous. | 你看上去有点紧张 |
[08:27] | Well, you just told me that someone I-I know is | 你刚刚跟我说我 |
[08:30] | this rotting skeletal corpse that’s been all over the news. | 我认识的人就是那个在新闻里反复播报的白骨化的尸体 |
[08:34] | What do you expect? | 你想我会有什么反应 |
[08:35] | Is there a party upstairs? | 楼上是有个派对吗 |
[08:38] | Oh, it’s the, uh…Doomsday Group. | 哦 那是 呃…末日小组 |
[08:40] | I rent it out Thursday nights. | 周四晚上我租给他们用 |
[08:45] | Hey, wait, um, Warren was actually one of them. | 嘿 等等 呃 Warren实际上是他们其中一员 |
[08:50] | Oh, well, you know, that’s a handy thing to remember. | 哦 你看 这点倒是说想起来就想起来呢 |
[08:52] | Anything else you forget to mention to me? | 还有什么你忘记说的吗 |
[08:54] | No, that’s it, I think. | 没 就这些了 我想 |
[09:10] | Hey, excuse me, this is a private function, So, good- bye. | 嘿 不好意思 这是个私人活动 所以 再见 |
[09:12] | Go ahead- – don’t let me stop you. | 你们继续 别让我打搅到你们 |
[09:15] | What are you doing, exactly? | 你们究竟在做什么 |
[09:17] | Guys, this is actually a real live woman- – | 各位 这是一个现实生活里活生生的女人 |
[09:20] | something you don’t see often. | 你们并不常见到 |
[09:22] | And like I said, this is a private function, so… | 如我所说 这是个私人活动 所以… |
[09:25] | Hey, it’s the FBI, all right?! | 嘿 这是FBI 好吧 |
[09:26] | Just turn it off for a minute, Please? | 把音乐关一会儿吧 行不行 |
[09:28] | FBI? | FBI吗 |
[09:31] | I’m Yasutani the Terrible. I speak for this clan. | 我是可怕的安谷大师 我代表整个团队发言 |
[09:35] | Okay, well, we’d like to ask you a few of questions, | 好吧 我们需要问你几个问题 |
[09:37] | if you’re not too, uh, busy. | 如果你不是很 呃 忙的话 |
[09:40] | The costumes, the social awkwardness, | 服装 社交障碍 |
[09:43] | the active fantasy life, the victim would fit right into this sub- grouping. | 活跃的幻想生活 被害人在这个小群体里非常舒适 |
[09:47] | Okay. Hey, Mr., uh…Yakitori the Horrible? | 好吧 嘿 呃 糟糕的安谷大师先生 |
[09:50] | What’s your real name? | 你的真名叫什么 |
[09:52] | Jeremy Kuznetsky Jeremy Kuznetsky. | |
[09:54] | Do any of you people know Warren Granger? | 你们当中有谁认识Warren Granger |
[09:56] | Something happened to Warren, didn’t it? | Warren出事儿了是不是 |
[09:58] | Warren’s dead. He was murdered. | Warren死了 是被谋杀的 |
[10:00] | No, I never said anything about him being murdered. | 不 我从来没说过他是被谋杀的 |
[10:03] | Neither did the press. | 媒体也没说过 |
[10:04] | Yeah, well, obviously, if you’re the FBI, he was murdered. | 是的 你看 显然 如果你是FBI的话 他就是被谋杀的 |
[10:07] | You guys don’t investigate people getting hit by a bus. | 被车撞了的人你们也不会调查的 |
[10:09] | Okay, great- – when’s the last time any of you have seen Warren? | 好吧 行 你们所有人上次见到Warren是什么时候 |
[10:12] | Couple months ago, when he left. | 几个月前 当他离开的时候 |
[10:14] | Left? | 离开 |
[10:15] | Citizen 14 was one of us… | 14号公民曾是我们一员… |
[10:17] | until he went psycho, and bugged out, called us all posers. | 然后他疯了 退出 然后说我们都是装腔作势之徒 |
[10:21] | “Pathetic fantasists.” | 可悲的幻想者 |
[10:23] | Was he wearing his, um… outfit? | 他是不是穿着他的…服装 |
[10:26] | His identity, yeah. | 他的身份 是的 |
[10:27] | Why do you wear these identities? | 你们为什么要穿着这些衣服 |
[10:29] | For the game. | 为了游戏啊 |
[10:30] | How serious do you take the game? | 你们对这个游戏多认真 |
[10:32] | It’s only fun if you take it seriously. | 认真的话才好玩 |
[10:35] | You always play here? | 你们总是在这里玩吗 |
[10:36] | You know, “play” is not exactly the right verb, okay? | 我说 玩 并不是一个准确的词 好吗 |
[10:38] | – Don’t even try to explain it to them. – Shut up! Who cares?! | – 你别想跟他们解释 – 闭嘴吧 谁在乎呢 |
[10:41] | Didn’t you hear?!Warren is dead! | 你们没听到吗 Warren死了 |
[10:43] | It’s okay, Minnow! | 没事的 鲦鱼 |
[10:45] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[10:46] | Blue Minnow. | 蓝鲦鱼 |
[10:47] | Okay, guys, when I ask your names, I want the ones that your parents gave. | 好吧 各位 当我问你们名字的时候 我要的是你们父母取的名字 |
[10:51] | Abigail Zealey Abigail Zealey. | |
[10:53] | Citizen 14 was my partner. | 14号公民曾是我的搭档 |
[10:55] | Is that what you call Warren? Citizen 14? | 你们就是这么称呼Warren的吗 14号公民 |
[10:58] | Citizen 14 was my partner. Warren was my friend. | 14号公民是我的搭档 Warren是我的朋友 |
[11:01] | It was a little more than that. | 还不仅仅如此吧 |
[11:11] | I don’t like to judge an entire subculture, | 我不喜欢评价整个亚文化群 |
[11:14] | but those people gave me the creeps. | 但是那些人让我毛骨悚然 |
[11:15] | Because they are creepy. | 因为他们本来就让人毛骨悚然啊 |
[11:18] | What I mean is that those kids at the school weren’t your | 我的意思是那些孩子并不是那种 |
[11:19] | good old harmless, tutor- you- in- math geeks. | 在学校里善良无害 教你数学的技术宅 |
[11:22] | They were the set- the- school- on- fire geeks. | 他们是那种能把学校一把火烧了的奇葩 |
[11:26] | Dark nerds. | 黑暗系书呆子 |
[11:28] | Columbine nerds. | 滑稽的四眼天鸡呆子 |
[11:29] | Columbine? | 四眼天鸡? |
[11:30] | You think Yasutani the Terrible is actually capable of murder? | 你觉得可怕的安谷大师有能力行凶吗 |
[11:33] | I think they get high, | 我认为他们磕嗨了 |
[11:35] | they play these games, they lose their grip on reality. | 然后玩这个游戏 他们会失去现实的认知 |
[11:38] | They start to believe that they are these characters. | 他们开始相信他们就是那些人物 |
[11:40] | You mean like Warren, out fighting crime? | 你是说像Warren那样 出去打击犯罪 |
[11:44] | You know, maybe Warren and that guy, the leader, Yasuhama… | 也许Warren和那个家伙 首领 保谷… |
[11:47] | Yasutani the Terrible. | 可怕的安谷大师 |
[11:49] | Yeah, Yasutani the Terrible. | 对 可怕的安谷大师 |
[11:50] | Maybe him and that guy, they got into this magic fight, and it became real. | 也许他和那个人 有了一场法术的争斗 然后就变成真的打斗 |
[11:56] | So you’re saying it wasn’t Warren who was murdered. | 所以你是说不是Warren被谋杀了 |
[11:59] | It was his character, Citizen 14. | 而是他的人物 14号公民 |
[12:02] | They’re so delusional, | 他们的妄想已经过头了 |
[12:03] | they don’t even know that they’ve committed a crime. | 他们甚至都不知道自己犯罪了 |
[12:06] | I’ll get Hodgins to see if there’s any signs of drug use in Warren’s hair. | 我让Hodgins查一下Warren的头发 看有没有嗑药的痕迹 |
[12:11] | I’ve managed to get some of the text back from this panel. | 我尽可能从这个绘本中复原了一些文字 |
[12:14] | Cheerful little tyke. | 快乐的小屁孩 |
[12:16] | The writer was in pain. | 作者是痛苦的 |
[12:18] | I don’t think it was purely the adolescent angst of the outsider. | 我不认为仅仅是青少年那种对外界的恐惧 |
[12:22] | In fact, I’d go so far as to say it wasn’t mere psychological pain. | 实际上 我大胆猜测地说这不仅仅只是心灵上的痛苦 |
[12:26] | He’s afraid of actual, physical death. | 他是真的惧怕生理的死亡 |
[12:30] | Can you really pull all that information from a comic book? | 你真的能从一本漫画里提取出那个信息吗 |
[12:32] | Absolutely. | 完全可以 |
[12:33] | All writers reveal more of themselves than they intend on every page. | 所有的作家在他们的作品里都揭露了许多他们本不想揭露的自我 |
[12:36] | You know, I never bought all that English 101 stuff. | 你看 我从来不信那些阅读理解的玩意儿 |
[12:38] | Sometimes a river is just a river. | 有些时候一条河就是一条河 |
[12:40] | All due respect, but my writing, for example, is pure fiction. | 并无冒犯 但是我的作品 举例而言 就是完全虚构的 |
[12:44] | Dr. Brennan, I fear you reveal much more of your world- view | Dr. Brennan 恐怕你揭露了很多你的世界观 |
[12:47] | in your writing than you realize. | 在你的作品中而不自知 |
[12:48] | Such as? | 比如 |
[12:50] | Such as archaeologists make good administrators because they enjoy tedium. | 比如考古学家是很好的管理者是因为他们喜欢乏味的事情 |
[12:54] | Such as artists are doomed to a life of loneliness | 比如说艺术家注定了孤老终生 |
[12:57] | because they aren’t able to think beyond instant gratification. | 因为他们过于注重即时满足而无法超越这个阶段 |
[13:00] | Such as FBI guys are hot and Angela here wants to have sex with me. | 比如FBI的人都很性感 然后Angela想要和我发生关系 |
[13:03] | Yeah | 对 你看 |
[13:06] | All I’m suggesting is that, while Dr. Goodman goes through Warren’s writing, | 我说的是 在Dr. Goodman整理Warren的作品的时候 |
[13:11] | we should concentrate on the hypotheses that are congruent with forensic evidence. | 我们需要将注意力集中在符合法医证据的假设上面 |
[13:15] | I’m going to take another look at Warren Granger’s remains. | 我要去再检查一下Warren Granger的遗体了 |
[13:19] | In the last 24 hours, I’ve read several dozen comic books and graphic novels. | 在过去的24个小时内 我已经读了好几十本漫画书和连环画了 |
[13:24] | Hodgins find any sign of drug use? | Hodgins发现了任何用药迹象吗 |
[13:27] | No. | 没有 |
[13:28] | They’re quite interesting, | 还挺有意思的 |
[13:30] | the graphic novels, especially. | 尤其是 连环画 |
[13:33] | After you clean the bones, | 你清理了骨头之后 |
[13:34] | look for scoring on the occipital condyle and the inferior nuchal line. | 找下在枕髁以及在下项线上的刻痕 |
[13:38] | They’re basically a retelling of the Greek myths | 他们基本上都是在重述希腊神话 |
[13:41] | with all superheroes standing in for Hercules: | 所有的超级英雄都源自于赫拉克勒斯 |
[13:45] | half god, half human. | 半神 半人 |
[13:47] | Be very careful here. | 在这里要特别注意 |
[13:49] | X ray shows fragmentation of the cervical vertebrae | X光片显示颈椎破碎 |
[13:53] | consistent with sharp force trauma. | 和锐利创伤一致 |
[13:56] | Invulnerability, super strength, heightened senses, telekinesis. | 刀枪不入 超级强壮 敏锐五感 心灵遥感 |
[14:02] | I would love to have some of those powers. | 我很想也有那些能力 |
[14:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:09] | I don’t really know. Is it an odd desire? | 我不知道 这种希望很奇怪吗 |
[14:11] | Why fantasize? You’re smart. | 为什么幻想呢 你很聪明 |
[14:15] | In some ways, my intelligence is a handicap. | 从某些程度上讲 我的智商是一种残疾 |
[14:17] | For one thing, I’m weird. | 首先 我很怪异 |
[14:19] | For another, I tend to make people feel stupid, and they resent me for it. | 其次 我总是让别人觉得自己蠢 而且他们因此而讨厌我 |
[14:24] | I suspect it’s the same for superpowers. | 我认为这和超级能力是一样的 |
[14:31] | The victim was stabbed here at the base of the spine. | 被害人脊椎的底部的这里被刺的 |
[14:33] | The spinal cord was severed. | 脊髓被切断了 |
[14:35] | That’s what killed him. | 这造成了他的死亡 |
[14:36] | I’ll clean the bones and try to match a weapon to the damage done. | 我会把骨头清理好然后针对受损的部位匹配一下凶器 |
[14:39] | Which will make you a real hero. In the real world. | 这就让你成为了在现实生活中的真正的英雄了 |
[14:47] | In this restored panel from the second and final volume of Citizen 14, | 在这个修复的绘本中的14号公民的第二和最终章 |
[14:52] | we begin to see a female presence, | 我们开始看到一个女性的出现 |
[14:54] | beautiful, ethereal, which he calls the Opalescence. | 美丽 优雅 他称之为白光女神 |
[15:00] | A girl he literally can’t approach. | 一个他真正无法企及的女孩子 |
[15:03] | What if Warren was only… | 如果Warren只是… |
[15:06] | you know, supplying his own masturbatory materials? | 我是说 描述他意淫中的事物呢 |
[15:10] | Yes. Lonely adolescent boy. | 没错 一个孤单的青少年 |
[15:13] | But the story moves beyond that dimension. | 但是故事已经完全超越那个维度了 |
[15:16] | Here we see the idealized female Opalescence | 在这里我们看到理想化女性白光女神 |
[15:19] | cowering before a dark male figure referred to only as the Twisted. | 蜷缩在一个被称作是扭曲怪的黑暗男性人物的面前 |
[15:24] | So Citizen 14 wants to rescue the Opalescence from the Twisted. | 所以14号公民想要从扭曲怪手中解救白光女神 |
[15:29] | Could this be Warren’s mother and stepfather? | 这可能是Warren的母亲和继父吗 |
[15:32] | Elements of romantic love. | 浪漫爱情的元素 |
[15:35] | This girl surrounded by blue. | 这个女孩是被蓝色包围的 |
[15:40] | And one of those comic book geeks was a blue girl. | 在那些漫画技术宅中有个蓝姑娘 |
[15:46] | I’d say she’s definitely worth questioning. | 她绝对值得一问 |
[15:49] | Blue Minnow. | 蓝鲦鱼 |
[15:50] | That’s your alter ego. | 那是另一个你 |
[15:51] | Abigail Zealey is my alter- ego. | Abigail Zealey才是另一个我 |
[15:54] | Did you, Abigail, have a relationship with Warren Granger, | Abigail 你有没有和Warren Granger有过恋爱关系 |
[15:57] | or did the Blue Minnow have a relationship with Citizen 14? | 或者蓝鲦鱼和14号公民是否有过恋爱关系 |
[16:01] | Or any combination there of. | 或者以上任何组合 |
[16:03] | Neither. | 没有 |
[16:05] | Warren had a girlfriend at Capital Bowl. | Warren在Capital Bowl保龄球馆有个女朋友 |
[16:09] | What’s the girlfriend’s name, Abby? | 女朋友的名字叫什么 Abby |
[16:10] | He never told us her name. | 他从没告诉我们她的名字 |
[16:13] | It was just a physical thing. | 只不过是肉体关系 |
[16:16] | And it was almost over. | 而且也快结束了 |
[16:19] | Warren and I had a connection. | Warren和我是有感觉的 |
[16:21] | He couldn’t deny that. | 他不能否认的 |
[16:23] | Before he disappeared, | 在他失踪之前 |
[16:25] | he gave me his entire Neil Gaiman collection- – | 他把他收集的全套尼尔・盖曼作品都给我了 |
[16:28] | his favorite work beside his own. | 这是他除自己的作品之外最喜欢的作品 |
[16:30] | In his own work, | 在他自己的作品中 |
[16:32] | he describes a woman known as the Opalescence. | 他描绘了一个女人叫做白光女神 |
[16:36] | Do you believe that’s supposed to be you? | 你觉得那可能是你吗 |
[16:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[16:41] | We think it’s another girl entirely. | 我们认为完全就是另一个女孩子 |
[16:47] | Does that bother you? | 有没有让你很烦恼 |
[16:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:52] | Maybe the others told you I’m obsessed, I know. | 也许有人跟你说我魔怔了 我懂 |
[16:56] | Because they never got Warren like I did. | 因为他们从来没有像我一样了解Warren |
[16:59] | He was right. | 他是对的 |
[17:01] | They are posers. | 他们都是装腔作势的人 |
[17:03] | And Warren wasn’t? | Warren不是吗 |
[17:05] | Warren believed. | Warren相信 |
[17:06] | He believed in truth. | 他相信事实 |
[17:07] | He believed in doing what was right. | 他相信去做正确的事情 |
[17:10] | He was Citizen 14. | 他就是14号公民 |
[17:13] | Citizen 14 is real. | 14号公民是真的 |
[17:15] | Warren didn’t fit in with the others? | Warren和其他人不和吗 |
[17:17] | I just said Warren was better! | 我刚刚说过Warren比其他人更好 |
[17:21] | He was a really nice guy. | 他真是一个很好的人 |
[17:24] | Were you aware that Jeremy Kuznetsky and Kenneth Vert have police records? | 你知道Jeremy Kuznetsky和Kenneth Vert其实是有前科的吗 |
[17:33] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[17:35] | It’s nothing interesting, though. | 也不是多引人注目的 不过 |
[17:38] | It’s, like, vandalism and trespassing. | 都是故意破坏还有非法入侵什么的 |
[17:42] | You can’t take them seriously. | 你不能把他们太当回事儿 |
[17:44] | What, as criminals? | 什么 当做是罪犯吗 |
[17:46] | As anything. | 任何事 |
[17:47] | Okay, well, what would be interesting? As a crime. | 好吧 如果是犯罪的话怎么才算做引人注目呢 |
[17:50] | Something that took courage. | 需要勇气的事情 |
[17:52] | Something that meant something. | 需要有意义的什么事情 |
[17:55] | Like murder? | 像谋杀这样 |
[17:57] | Yeah, like murder. | 对 像是谋杀 |
[18:05] | Warren Granger on the night he died, wearing his costume. | Warren Granger死亡的当晚 穿着他的服装 |
[18:09] | Start the sequence. | 场景重现 |
[18:13] | Cause of death was a severed spinal cord. | 死亡原因是脊髓被切断 |
[18:20] | We can rule out Abigail Zealeyas the killer. | 我们可以排除Abigail Zealey的嫌疑 |
[18:24] | Abigail doesn’t have enough strength to sever Warren’s spinal cord with one blow. | Abigail没有足够的力量能够一次攻击就切断Warren的脊髓 |
[18:27] | What about his step- dad? | 他的继父呢 |
[18:29] | Or the other kids at the comic shop? | 或者在漫画书店的其他孩子呢 |
[18:32] | Well, if the physicality of the murderer is between five- ten and six- two, | 如果凶手身高是在177和188之间的话 |
[18:36] | I’d say yes to them all, depending on the weapon. | 根据凶器 我会说他们所有人都有作案可能 |
[18:43] | What could he have done to make somebody so angry at him? | 他做了什么能让人这么生气 |
[18:46] | Zack’s cleaning the bones now. | Zack在清理骨头呢 |
[18:48] | Maybe we’ll find something that we’ve missed. | 也许我们能发现一些忽视的东西 |
[18:51] | – What are you reading? – I’m doing research. | – 你在读什么呢 – 我在进行研究 |
[18:54] | By reading a comic book? | 通过读漫画吗 |
[18:56] | Intensely allegorical modern myths. | 紧张的寓言式现代神话 |
[18:59] | You’re reading Bugs Bunny, man. | 你读的是兔八哥 兄弟 |
[19:01] | On the surface, yes, but if you dig deeper, | 表面上 是的 但是如果你深入地看 |
[19:04] | the subtext becomes apparent. | 弦外之音就更加清楚了 |
[19:06] | The conflict is representative of the Darwinian struggle | 鸟类和哺乳类间为取得支配权 |
[19:09] | between avians and mammals for dominance. | 产生的冲突是达尔文式斗争的代表 |
[19:11] | Based on Bugs giving Daffy Duck a cigar made out of dynamite? | 基于兔八哥给了达菲鸭一个炸药做的雪茄而得出的吗 |
[19:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:17] | And then here, he explodes, but not really. | 然后在这里 他爆炸了 但实际上不是真的死了 |
[19:22] | You have a problem, my man. | 你闯祸了 老铁 |
[19:24] | – What? – Looks like you degraded the bones. | – 什么 – 看样子你把骨头分解了 |
[19:27] | 、Impossible. It’s only a four- percent peroxide solution. | 不可能 那就是4%的过氧化氢溶剂 |
[19:30] | Then what’s that bubbling and pitting on the periosteum? | 那么在骨膜上的泡泡和点状腐蚀洞洞是啥 |
[19:34] | Four- percent solution wouldn’t cause that. | 浓度4%的溶剂不会造成腐蚀的 |
[19:36] | So, what, it’s some kind of systemic deterioration? | 所以 怎么 这是某种全身性质的变质吗 |
[19:43] | The intertrochanteric crest is almost totally eaten away. | 转子间嵴都快全部侵蚀没了 |
[19:46] | What do you think it is? | 你觉得是什么 |
[19:48] | This kid was sick. | 这孩子生病了 |
[20:01] | Smell that? | 闻到没 |
[20:03] | Yes, I do. | 嗯 闻到了 |
[20:04] | You know what that is, Bones? | 你知道这是什么吗 Bones |
[20:06] | Wax, popcorn… | 蜡 爆米花… |
[20:09] | feet, deodorant… | 脚臭 除臭剂… |
[20:10] | That is America, Bones. | 是美国 Bones |
[20:14] | Keep your bowling ball in the car? | 你在车里一直都放着保龄球吗 |
[20:16] | Oh, you know, I figure we ask a few questions about Warren Granger, | 哦 我觉得我们问一些关于Warren Granger的问题 |
[20:19] | maybe bowl a few frames. | 然后也许再打几把保龄球 |
[20:22] | Nothing like a little sport to take the edge off. | 没有什么比做点运动更减压的了 |
[20:25] | This is not a sport. | 这不是一种运动 |
[20:26] | – How do you figure? – There’s no physical benefit. | – 你为啥这么认为 – 又不会对身体有益 |
[20:28] | So it’s really like golf. | 所以这就和高尔夫一样 |
[20:30] | It’s not a sport, it’s an activity. | 不是运动 就是场活动 |
[20:32] | Could you please, Bones, maybe just for once | 你能不能 Bones 也许就一次 |
[20:35] | try not to piss everyone off around you? | 努力试试别让你身边的每个人都气个半死 |
[20:38] | Yeah, sorry. | 好 对不起 |
[20:40] | Are you good at this sport? | 你很擅长这项运动吗 |
[20:43] | My average was over 200, less than two opens per game. | 我的平均分超过200 每局补中不超过两次 |
[20:46] | One match, I had 211 strikes out of 431 shots, 29 opens in 39 games. | 有次比赛 我431次击球有211次全中 39局只有29次补中未过 |
[20:52] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:54] | Means I won some bowling awards. | 意思是我赢得了一些保龄球奖项 |
[20:55] | I won the Marshall H.Dixon award for my paper | 我发表关于George John Romanes生理学部分的 |
[20:57] | on George John Romanes and physiological selection. | 论文获得了Marshall H.Dixon大奖 |
[21:00] | My God, it’s like we lead parallel lives. | 我天 我们的生活完全是平行线 |
[21:03] | Need shoes? | 需要鞋吗 |
[21:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[21:05] | Looking for the manager. | 我们在找经理 |
[21:07] | Ted McGruder. | 我就是 |
[21:09] | FBI, huh? | FBI 是吗 |
[21:10] | Yeah. We’re investigating the death of one of your employees. | 是的 我们在调查你员工的死亡案件 |
[21:13] | Warren Granger Warren Granger. | |
[21:15] | Warren Warren? | |
[21:17] | When he didn’t show up for his last paycheck, | 他上次发薪日没来 |
[21:19] | I thought he’d just found another job and didn’t want to give notice. | 我还以为他找到另一个工作了然后不想告诉我 |
[21:23] | He was weird like that. | 他本来就是那么怪 |
[21:24] | Good kid, though. | 不过是个好孩子 |
[21:30] | Ted, I talked to ’em, but they just keep giving me lip. | Ted 我说他们了 但是他们就是不停地起哄 |
[21:34] | Luce, these people are with the FBI. | Luce 这两位是FBI |
[21:36] | They’re here about Warren Granger. | 他们来问Warren Granger的事 |
[21:38] | Warren? What about him? | Warren 他怎么了 |
[21:40] | He’s deceased. | 他去世了 |
[21:42] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[21:45] | – I told you he didn’t quit. – I was wrong. | – 我跟你说他不会辞职的 – 我错了 |
[21:48] | This is my wife, Lucy. | 这是我妻子 Lucy |
[21:50] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[21:51] | That’s OK. | 没事的 |
[21:52] | How often do those kids come in here? | 那些孩子经常来这里吗 |
[21:55] | Who, those jokers? | 谁 那些痞子们吗 |
[21:57] | Weekends, mostly, but they used to come in a lot more, | 大多情况下 周末 但是之前他们常来 |
[21:59] | but in these crazy costumes. | 穿着搞笑的服装 |
[22:02] | I told ’em I’d allow it on Halloween, but that’s it. | 我跟他们说只能在万圣节才能这么穿 仅此而已 |
[22:07] | Is Warren’s girlfriend here? | Warren的女朋友在这吗 |
[22:10] | We were informed that Warren’s girlfriend worked here. | 我们听说Warren的女朋友也在这工作 |
[22:12] | Well, I mean, if you ever met Warren, | 我说 如果你见过Warren的话 |
[22:13] | you’d know he’s not the girlfriend type of kid. | 你就知道他不是那种有女朋友的孩子 |
[22:16] | There was a girl who came by to see him sometimes. | 有个女孩偶尔会来看看他 |
[22:22] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s- that’s her. | 是 对 是她 |
[22:24] | I- I don’t know her name, but… | 我 我不知道她的名字 但是… |
[22:26] | I don’t think Warren was all that glad to see her, | 我不觉得Warren见到她是高兴的 |
[22:29] | and if she called, he’d ask me to tell her that he wasn’t here. | 如果她来电话了 他会让我跟她说他不在 |
[22:32] | Brennan Brennan. | |
[22:33] | Maybe he was trying dodge her. | 也许他在试图躲她 |
[22:35] | Excuse me just one moment, please. | 不好意思我先离开一下 |
[22:40] | Okay, slow down, Zack, and repeat that. | 好吧 慢点 Zack 再说一遍 |
[22:42] | Hypercellularity with total effacement of the marrow space. | 细胞增多 髓隙完全消失 |
[22:45] | Osteoblasts at 26%. | 造骨细胞密度是26% |
[22:47] | Okay, good work, Zack. Keep working on the weapon I.D. | 好的 做得好 Zack 继续匹配一下凶器类型 |
[22:51] | I take it we’re not going to be getting any bowling in tonight, huh? | 我猜我们今晚是没办法打保龄球了对吗 |
[22:54] | Zack said that if Warren hadn’t been murdered two months ago, | Zack说如果Warren两个月前没有被谋杀的话 |
[22:58] | he’d be dead by now. | 现在他也死了 |
[22:59] | When you said Warren was sick as a child, you meant leukemia? | 当您说Warren小时候就病了的时候 您说的是白血病吗 |
[23:07] | Yes, but by the time he was 11, he was in remission. | 是的 当他11岁的时候 他进入到缓解期了 |
[23:12] | The hypercellular activity I saw is only present in advanced cancer cases. | 我看到的细胞增殖行为只能在晚期癌症中出现 |
[23:18] | He must have been very ill. | 他一定病得非常重了 |
[23:21] | You didn’t notice? | 您没注意到吗 |
[23:23] | We tried to be there for Warren, but he wouldn’t let us in. | 我们试图接近Warren 但是他拒绝我们的亲近 |
[23:26] | Right when you thought you’d built a bridge of trust, he’d quit on you. | 当你觉得你和他建立了某种联系的时候 他就开始疏离 |
[23:30] | He quit trying to face reality. | 他放弃尝试面对现实 |
[23:36] | Maybe your son didn’t want you to have to face it. | 也许您儿子不想让您面对这些 |
[23:39] | He knew his situation was dire, and he decided to tough it out on his own. | 他知道他的情况非常不好 然后他决定来独自面对 |
[23:46] | Yes. He saw what it did to me the first time. | 是的 他见到了第一次他生病的时候我的样子 |
[23:50] | It’s not that he quit. | 不是他放弃了 |
[23:51] | It’s that he didn’t want me to suffer. | 是他不想让我受折磨 |
[24:03] | You told her that her son didn’t tell her | 你跟她说她儿子不跟她说 |
[24:05] | about being sick to make her feel better. | 他生病了是想让她感觉不那么糟糕 |
[24:06] | – Uh- huh. – But you don’t really believe that. | – 嗯呐 – 但是你其实并不这么认为 |
[24:08] | Well, people don’t actually do that. | 你看 大多数人不会这样做 |
[24:10] | So, you just told her that to make her feel better? | 所以 你这么说只是让她好受点 |
[24:12] | Right. | 是的 |
[24:13] | So, you just did what you said people don’t do. | 所以 你恰恰做了你说的大多数人不会做的事 |
[24:18] | I wonder why he didn’t tell his mother. | 我很奇怪为什么他不跟他妈说 |
[24:20] | Well, maybe he was all caught up in the romance | 也许他沉浸在奄奄一息的超级英雄的 |
[24:22] | of being a dying superhero, you know? | 幻想中无法自拔 你懂不 |
[24:24] | Adolescent angst, all that. | 青春期焦虑 这些 |
[24:27] | What do you really think? | 你真心觉得是怎么回事呢 |
[24:31] | The truth is, I think the boy was looking how to be a man. | 事实是 我觉得这孩子在试图像个男人一样 |
[24:34] | All on his own, without any help. | 自己来面对 不寻求帮助 |
[24:36] | He was doing the best that he could. | 他已经非常尽力了 |
[24:37] | Heroes don’t whine about being sick. | 英雄从来不因为病痛哭唧唧 |
[24:40] | Something like that. | 诸如此类的东西 |
[24:42] | Poor kid. | 可怜的娃 |
[24:43] | Did they know about the leukemia? | 他们知道白血病的事儿吗 |
[24:45] | No, he kept it a secret. | 不 他始终保密 |
[24:46] | Tough guy, huh? | 坚强的家伙 对吧 |
[24:47] | You were right on before about the kid knowing he was facing imminent death. | 你说得对 这孩子知道自己正在面临着迫近的死亡 |
[24:50] | This changes motivation. | 这改变了动机 |
[24:51] | The killer’s motivation? | 凶手的动机吗 |
[24:52] | No. Warren Granger’s. | 不 Warren Granger的 |
[24:54] | You think he was emboldened by the knowledge that he was going to die. | 你觉得因为他知道自己快死了所以更加勇敢了 |
[24:56] | He went looking for a fight. | 他出去打架 |
[24:58] | He went looking for the Twisted. | 他去找扭曲怪了 |
[25:00] | Wait. No, wait. | 等等 不 等等 |
[25:02] | We are allowing the comic book story to generate too many hypotheses. | 我们现在过于依靠漫画情节来做假设了 |
[25:07] | I only heard the”Go get the bad guy” hypothesis. | 我只听到了去抓坏蛋的假设啊 |
[25:10] | It’s too general. | 太笼统了 |
[25:12] | Yes, perhaps, the Opalescence represented Warren’s better nature, | 是的 也许是这样的 白光女神代表着Warren的善良面 |
[25:16] | and the Twisted was a reflection of his darker sexual impulses. | 而扭曲怪代表的是他黑暗的性冲动 |
[25:22] | A theme I assume is common in teenage fiction. | 我猜想这个主题在青少年小说中很常见 |
[25:25] | And the drawings… | 而这些画… |
[25:29] | Hello… Bones. | 喂…Bones… |
[25:32] | The drawings. | 这些画 |
[25:34] | Warren wrote the comics, | Warren写的漫画 |
[25:36] | but there was no evidence in his room that he knew how to draw. | 但是在他的房间里并没有他会绘画的证据 |
[25:39] | Dr. Brennan Dr. Brennan, | |
[25:40] | I found an extra piece of bone I can’t account for. | 我找到了一个骨头我没法做出解释 |
[25:43] | Someone else drew the comic. | 其他人画了画 |
[25:47] | Stew Ellis Stew Ellis. | |
[25:48] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[25:49] | Look. | 看 |
[25:50] | Warren Granger wrote this comic book, but it was drawn by Stew Ellis. | Warren Granger写的情节 但是Stew Ellis画的漫画 |
[25:59] | Look, I told you, I knew Warren from the store, okay? | 看 我跟你说 我是从店里认识的Warren 好吧 |
[26:01] | He was a serious investor. | 他是个很认真的投资人 |
[26:03] | Did he owe you money, Stew? | 他欠你钱吗 Stew |
[26:05] | What? | 啥 |
[26:05] | Was it, uh, creative differences, | 是创作上的分歧 |
[26:08] | or was it you just didn’t get enough credit? | 还是他没给你该给你的功劳 |
[26:13] | No, it was none of that. | 不是 哪个都不是 |
[26:15] | Look, why didn’t you tell me you were partners when I asked you earlier? | 那么 我之前问你 你为什么没告诉我你们是伙伴关系 |
[26:19] | ‘Cause we had a big argument, | 因为我们吵了一架 |
[26:22] | and I didn’t want you to think I had a motive. | 而我不想让你觉得我有动机 |
[26:24] | Okay. What did you argue about? | 好吧 你们在吵什么 |
[26:27] | Abigail Zealey? | Abigail Zealey吗 |
[26:28] | No, man. Just merchandising. | 不 天 就是销售规划的事 |
[26:31] | You argued about merchandising? | 你们因为销售规划而争吵吗 |
[26:33] | Yeah, Warren thought he deserved 70% for the concept, | 是的 Warren觉得他的理念值得七成 |
[26:36] | but I think, since I did the actual drawings, I… | 但是我觉得 因为我才是实际作画的 我… |
[26:38] | Do you have a publisher? | 你们有出版商了吗 |
[26:40] | No. | 没有 |
[26:41] | And now we never will. | 现在我们永远都不可能有了 |
[26:42] | Look, if- if you think that I killed Warren, I’m not that stupid, man. | 你看 如果 如果你觉得是我杀了Warren 我还不至于那么蠢 |
[26:48] | So, who do you think killed Warren? | 所以 你觉得谁杀了Warren |
[26:51] | I don’t know, man. | 我不知道 老兄 |
[26:52] | Definitely not me, okay? | 绝对不是我 好吗 |
[26:54] | Well, you know, Stew, as of this moment, you’re the prime suspect in Warren’s murder. | Stew 此刻 你可是谋杀Warren的首要嫌犯 |
[26:59] | Why? | 为啥 |
[27:00] | Why? Because you lied about your relationship with Warren, | 为啥 因为对于你和Warren的关系你撒了谎 |
[27:03] | so, if I were you, I would think really, really hard | 所以 如果我是你 我会非常非常努力想想 |
[27:05] | if there’s anything else you haven’t told me. | 还有没有什么你没有告诉我的 |
[27:09] | All right, Abby. | 好吧 Abby |
[27:11] | Abby Abby? | |
[27:16] | Triangle. | 三角恋 |
[27:18] | Look, I hooked up with her a few times, but she was obsessed with Warren. | 我和她约会了几次 但是她却特别迷恋Warren |
[27:22] | So, you did argue about her. | 所以你们确实是因她争吵过 |
[27:24] | No, man. | 没有 我天 |
[27:25] | Warren never wanted Abby. | Warren从来都没想要和Abby交往 |
[27:28] | Okay, maybe it made you jealous that she wanted him? | 好吧 也许她想要的是他让你嫉妒不已 |
[27:30] | Dude, Abby’s cute in a chick- geek kind of way, | 兄弟 Abby的萌点在于有点书呆子类型那种 |
[27:34] | but she’s definitely not that kind of betty you go to the death chamber for. | 但是绝对不是那种你能为了她去死的那种女孩 |
[27:37] | Okay, Stew, you know what? | 好吧 Stew 你知道吗 |
[27:38] | You’re just one of those guys who’s just way, way too good at lying. | 你是那种过分擅长于撒谎的人 |
[27:41] | Dude, I’m an artist. | 老兄 我是个艺术家 |
[27:43] | What do you want? | 你想要啥 |
[27:45] | I found the extra piece of bone lodged here in the odontoid process of C2. | 我在C2的齿突处发现了有一枚外来的骨头嵌入 |
[27:53] | I- I went through all the chipping and damage again, | 我把所有的碎片和损伤的地方又过了一遍 |
[27:55] | but I can’t find where it came from. | 但是我却找不到是从哪里来的 |
[28:00] | Well, it’s not from a cervical vertebrae. | 这不是颈椎的骨头 |
[28:03] | – Oh, it’s not? – It’s from a long bone. | – 哦 不是吗 – 是长骨的 |
[28:04] | Probably the deltoid process of a humerus. | 也许是肱骨的三角肌部分 |
[28:07] | Arm bone? | 臂骨吗 |
[28:09] | I need you to set up the microtome and get me paraffin and an embedding mold. | 我需要你准备好显微超薄切片机 然后拿给我石蜡和嵌入模具 |
[28:15] | Are you going to prep your own bone slide? | 你要自己做骨切片吗 |
[28:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:18] | Usually I do that for you. | 一般是我帮你做的 |
[28:20] | This is a tough one, Zack. | 这个很难的 Zack |
[28:21] | The piece is small, | 这片骨头很小 |
[28:22] | and I need to make sure there’s enough left for a DNA sample. | 我还需要确保有足够的骨头剩余可以做DNA的样本 |
[28:26] | Warren Granger’s arm bones are complete. | Warren Granger的臂骨是完整的 |
[28:29] | This extra bone fragment didn’t come from Warren Granger. | 这个多出来的碎片不是来自于Warren Granger |
[28:32] | Warren Granger was the victim of a violent attack. | Warren Granger是一场残暴攻击的受害者 |
[28:35] | He fought back. | 他反击回去了 |
[28:36] | It’s possible that during that struggle, | 有可能在争斗过程中 |
[28:38] | he struck his attacker with the same weapon that was later used to kill him. | 他刺到了攻击者 后来被那人拿着相同的凶器杀死了 |
[28:43] | Which means that piece of bone could have come from his murderer. | 也就是说那块骨头可能是来自凶手的 |
[28:55] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[29:00] | Breathing on the sample dissipates static electricity | 在样本上吹气来消除静电 |
[29:02] | and makes it easier to cut. | 从而让切割更简单 |
[29:05] | You seem nervous. | 你看起来很紧张 |
[29:07] | If I get this right, | 如果我做对了 |
[29:08] | I’ll be able to tell you the age, sex and race of Warren Granger’s killer. | 我就能告诉你杀害Warren的凶手的年龄 性别以及人种 |
[29:15] | Stew was the artist. | Stew画的画 |
[29:17] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:20] | You think he killed Warren over artistic differences? | 你觉得他杀了Warren是因为艺术分歧吗 |
[29:22] | He also had a thing for Abby. | 他还对Abby有感觉 |
[29:26] | Yeah, for a recluse, Warren Granger- – he had his thumb in a lot of pies. | 是的 作为一名宅男 Warren Granger 可是事事都要插一腿 |
[29:31] | You said before that Warren reminded you of me. | 之前你说过Warren让你想起了我 |
[29:35] | You think I’m just like him. | 你觉得我和他很像 |
[29:38] | That he hid from life by immersing himself | 他把自己藏在一个他打击犯罪 |
[29:40] | in a fantasy world where he fought crime, | 的幻想世界里来逃避现实 |
[29:43] | and I do the same thing, only I don’t have superpowers. | 然后我也做着同样的事情 只不过我没有超能力 |
[29:48] | I…I have science. | 我…我有科学 |
[29:50] | No, Bones, you do fight crime. | 不 Bones 你的确是打击犯罪的 |
[29:52] | It’s not a fantasy. | 这可不是幻想出来的 |
[29:53] | And as far as any normal person is concerned, | 而且站在任何一个普通人的角度看 |
[29:56] | you do have superpowers. | 你的确是有超能力的 |
[29:57] | You’re just being nice to me. | 你只是在说好听的话给我 |
[29:59] | – No, I don’t do that. – Yes, you do. | – 不 我不做这种事儿 – 是的 你做的 |
[30:01] | You lied to Warren Granger’s mother to make her feel better. | 你对Warren Granger的妈妈撒谎让她感觉好一些 |
[30:06] | That seems to be your superpower. | 那看上去像是你的超能力 |
[30:09] | Look, this piece of bone you’re analyzing- – | 你看 你在分析的这块骨头 |
[30:12] | how did it get lodged in Warren Granger’s neck? | 它是如何嵌入到Warren Granger的脖子里的 |
[30:16] | It was deposited by the same weapon that severed his spinal cord. | 是被那个切断他脊髓的凶器带来的 |
[30:20] | Doesn’t make it the killer’s bone. | 不一定是凶手的骨头 |
[30:26] | You thinking a- a separate murder victim? | 你在想 有另一个受害人吗 |
[30:28] | The Opalescence? | 白光女神吗 |
[30:31] | The woman he loved? | 他爱的那个女人 |
[30:34] | I don’t think she’s dead. | 我不觉得她死了 |
[30:36] | Why? | 为啥 |
[30:37] | This is an arm bone. | 这是臂骨 |
[30:39] | Has anyone we’ve seen on this case been favoring her arm? | 在查案过程中有任何人是在护着她胳膊的吗 |
[30:43] | Not that I’ve noticed. | 我没有注意到 |
[30:45] | That’s because you’re not an anthropologist. | 那是因为你不是一个人类学家 |
[30:51] | With superpowers. | 有超能力的那种 |
[30:54] | That’s good. | 很优秀 |
[31:00] | hello. | 你好 |
[31:02] | Any news about Warren? | Warren的事有消息吗 |
[31:03] | We’re still in the initial phase of our investigation. | 我们还在调查的初始阶段 |
[31:05] | Listen, Mr. McGruder, you didn’t happen to keep that, | 听着 Mr.McGruder 有没有可能您还留着 |
[31:08] | last payroll check for Warren Granger that you told me about? | 您跟我讲的上次要给Warren Granger的工资支票呢 |
[31:11] | By law I have to, yeah. | 按照法律我必须要支付 是的还留着 |
[31:13] | You mind digging that out for us? | 您介意帮我们找一下吗 |
[31:14] | I mean, I apologize for the inconvenience. | 我是说 造成不便非常抱歉 |
[31:17] | I guess. It’s probably in the file somewhere. | 我猜 也许是夹到哪个文件夹里了 |
[31:20] | What do you need the paycheck for? | 你们要工资单干什么呢 |
[31:21] | Ah, it’s technical. | 啊 技术部门要的 |
[31:24] | Mrs. McGruder, what’s wrong with your left side? | Mrs. McGruder 您左侧身体怎么了 |
[31:29] | Why would you ask me that? | 你为什么这么问 |
[31:30] | I noticed how you held yourself the last time I was here. | 上次我来的时候就注意到您在护着自己 |
[31:32] | I didn’t think anything of it. | 我当时没多想 |
[31:34] | Though viewed through the current context, I… | 从目前的情境下来看… |
[31:36] | What is she talking about? | 她在说什么呢 |
[31:37] | She wants to know how you hurt yourself. | 她想知道您是怎么伤到自己的 |
[31:39] | You’ walk as though your left ribs are cracked. | 您走路的样子就好像您左侧肋骨断了 |
[31:41] | Also, you favor your left arm. | 同时 你护着你的左臂 |
[31:43] | Oh, I, um… | 哦 我 呃… |
[31:45] | I- I… fell on the lanes. They’re very slippery. | 我 我在球道上摔了 球道很滑的 |
[31:49] | Falling would bruise a number of ribs. | 摔倒可能会让许多肋骨淤青 |
[31:51] | You’re favoring only one or two. | 您只护着一两条肋骨 |
[31:54] | Type of damage done by a fist. | 这种伤害是拳头造成的 |
[31:59] | Look, were you and Warren close? | 您和Warren关系近吗 |
[32:01] | He was a nice kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[32:05] | A really nice kid. | 非常好的孩子 |
[32:07] | Here it is. | 在这里 |
[32:10] | You two want to bowl a few frames? | 你们想打几轮保龄球吗 |
[32:12] | Got some empty lanes. | 有几个球道没人的 |
[32:13] | I’ll see you in the comic books, buster. | 咱们在漫画书里见 坏蛋 |
[32:17] | What? | 什么 |
[32:18] | Thanks. I’ll get this back to you. | 谢谢 我会还你的 |
[32:20] | It’s, “See you in the funny pages.” | 正常说法是 到时候我们报纸上见 |
[32:22] | Okay, I took a liberty. | 好吧 是我唐突了 |
[32:24] | Her husband beats her. | 他丈夫打她 |
[32:25] | Bones, all right, talk about multiple hypotheses. | Bones 好吧 说起多种假设 |
[32:28] | It’s a leap, yes, but it was bound to happen. | 是挺跳跃的 没错 但是这是必然的 |
[32:31] | Me spending so much time with you. | 我和你相处这么久 |
[32:33] | I mean that as a compliment. | 我是夸你的 |
[32:34] | Okay, so Warren’s former boss is the Twisted, | 好吧 所以Warren的前老板就是扭曲怪 |
[32:37] | and the boss’ wife is the Opalescence. | 然后老板娘就是白光女神 |
[32:40] | Go back and arrest him. | 走回去抓他 |
[32:41] | It’s not enough. | 还不够 |
[32:42] | Okay, for that we need something just a little bit more real. | 好吧 要想那么做我们还需要更多实在的东西 |
[32:45] | Evidence. | 证据 |
[32:46] | Cold hard facts baby. | 铁证 傻丫头 |
[33:02] | Dr. Brennan, based on your histology and the DNA, | Dr. Brennan 根据您提供的组织细胞和DNA |
[33:06] | the bone chip found in Warren Granger’s neck | 在Warren Granger脖子里发现的骨头 |
[33:08] | came from a Caucasian male, mid 30s. | 来自于一个白种男性 30岁左右 |
[33:10] | McGruder McGruder. | |
[33:12] | Can you get any more specific? | 你能更详细些吗 |
[33:13] | We need the weapon. | 我们需要凶器 |
[33:14] | I can get a warrant, search the McGruder house for whatever you want. | 我能拿到搜查令 搜查McGruder家看有没有有需要的证据 |
[33:17] | That’s the trouble- – we don’t know exactly what we’re looking for. | 难点就是这个 我们不知道我们要找什么 |
[33:20] | We hit a dead end trying to reverse engineer it from the mark on the neck. | 我们在还原脖子上的痕迹的过程中遇到了瓶颈 |
[33:23] | Too much damage and fragmentation. | 太多损伤和碎片了 |
[33:25] | Wait, you said that in books you could find the real world version. | 等等 你说在书里能找到对应的现实 |
[33:30] | Yeah, well, I mean… | 是的 我是说… |
[33:31] | if you know you, it’s pretty obvious. | 如果你了解自己 就很显然了 |
[33:33] | Well, give me an example. | 举个例子 |
[33:35] | Okay, well, in your book, your partner’s a former Olympic boxer | 好吧 在你书里 你的搭档是个前奥林匹克拳击手 |
[33:38] | who graduated from Harvard and spoke six different languages. | 哈佛毕业然后说六种语言 |
[33:40] | In real life… you got me. | 而现实…你的搭档是我 |
[33:43] | So what you’re saying is… | 所以你是说… |
[33:44] | that reality falls far, far short of the fictional. | 现实相比于小说差距大到绝望 |
[33:49] | Yeah. Thanks a lot, Bones. | 是的 多谢你了 Bones |
[33:53] | Warren Granger’s spinal cord was severed by something sharp, | Warren Granger的脊髓被某种尖锐物品切断了 |
[33:56] | but not a knife. | 但是不是刀 |
[34:01] | If it wasn’t a knife, what was it? | 如果不是刀 又是什么呢 |
[34:04] | The closest match I could find would be a corkscrew or a Tibetan skull knife. | 我匹配到最相近的就是开瓶器或者西藏头骨刀 |
[34:09] | But neither of them explain how foreign bone was left lodged in the vertebrae. | 但是没有一个能解释外来骨头如何嵌入到脊椎里的 |
[34:13] | Pull up Citizen 14’s weapons, Ange. | 调出来14号公民的武器 Ange |
[34:16] | It was a boomerang thing, like a sonic gun. | 类似回旋镖的东西 像是声波枪 |
[34:19] | A laser cutlass. | 激光短剑 |
[34:20] | That thing that allowed him to hear through walls. | 这玩意儿能让他隔墙听声 |
[34:23] | We’re looking for something that has a drabber, more banal version in the real world. | 我们要找一个在现实中更加枯燥平凡的东西 |
[34:27] | Why would he be killed by his own weapon? | 他为什么会被自己的武器杀死呢 |
[34:29] | Well, because he probably had it on him the night | 因为他那晚可能是带着武器的 |
[34:31] | he decided to confront Ted McGruder. | 他决定和Ted McGruder对质 |
[34:34] | Citizen 14’s arsenal. | 14号公民的军械库 |
[34:36] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[34:37] | That’s his main weapon. | 那是他的主要兵器 |
[34:39] | It’s a three- sided throwing knife that returns to him. | 三面的投掷刀 还会飞回到他手里 |
[34:42] | But none of them make the wounds | 没有一个可以造成类似的 |
[34:43] | that resemble the one that severed Warren’s spinal cord. | 切割Warren脊髓的那种伤口 |
[34:48] | It was just an idea. | 只是个想法 |
[34:49] | Bones… Bones… | |
[34:50] | I fell into the exact thing that I warned you about- – | 我犯了一个我常常警告大家不要犯的错 |
[34:53] | developing too many hypotheses not grounded in fact. | 未基于事实而提出了太多假设 |
[34:58] | No, Bones, I know exactly which drab real world thing | 不 Bones 我知道是哪个现实世界的枯燥版本的东西 |
[35:01] | was used to murder Warren Granger. | 用来谋杀了Warren Granger了 |
[35:05] | All this kid wants is to feel like a hero. | 这孩子要做的就是想像个英雄 |
[35:07] | Suddenly he’s facing a damsel in distress. | 突然他遇到了一个落难的少女 |
[35:09] | Lucy McGruder is ten years older. | Lucy McGruder比他大十岁 |
[35:11] | No, it’s not the damsel part that matters. | 不 少不少女这点不重要 |
[35:13] | It’s the distress that appealed to the kid, you know. | 重要的是这种不幸吸引到了这孩子 |
[35:15] | Look, it wasn’t about the sex or the romance, it never was. | 你看 这从来都和性吸引没关系 从来都不是 |
[35:19] | He wanted to make a difference in the world before he died. | 他想在死前做一些不一样的事情 |
[35:26] | I told you he was more like you than me. | 我说过他和你更相似 跟我不像 |
[35:28] | 22- 705, Dispatch. | 22- 705 调度中心 |
[35:31] | 22- 705 22- 705. | |
[35:33] | Unit sent to the suspect’s residence reports that the domicile is empty. | 派到嫌犯住宅的分队报告说住所是空的 |
[35:37] | No one’s there? What about the wife? | 没人在吗 妻子呢 |
[35:38] | Negative. Search team is inside the house. It’s empty. Signs of flight. | 没有 搜查队在房子里 是空的 有逃跑嫌疑 |
[35:45] | Affirmative, Dispatch. | 收到 调度中心 |
[35:48] | He beats her, but she takes off with him anyway? | 他打她 但是她还是跟他跑了吗 |
[35:50] | Spousal abuse syndrome. | 家庭暴力综合症 |
[35:54] | Dispatch, 22- 705. | 调度中心 22- 705 |
[35:56] | Dispatch. | 调度中心 |
[35:57] | Can you send a backup unit to Capital Bowl 1123 Seboldt. | 请求支援小队到Capital Bowl保龄球馆 Seboldt大街1123号 |
[36:02] | Domestic disturbances are always weird, okay? | 家暴总是很怪的好吗 |
[36:05] | You know, the woman gets beat on by her husband, | 你看 女人的丈夫打她 |
[36:07] | the cavalry turns up to save her. | 然后有骑士出现来救她 |
[36:08] | You know, you’d think she’d be on the same side as the rescuers, but sometimes… | 你觉得她应该和救援的人站在同一边 但是有时候… |
[36:12] | You’re saying watch out for the wife. | 你是说要小心妻子 |
[36:16] | – All I’m saying is just stay alert, okay, Bones? – Okay. | – 我只是说要保持警戒 好吗 Bones – 好的 |
[36:21] | – Ted, why are we doing this? – Shut up. | – Ted 我们为什么要这么做 – 闭嘴 |
[36:25] | You didn’t do anything. | 你又没做什么 |
[36:26] | Lucy, I swear to God, if you don’t shut up… | Lucy 我对天发誓 你要是再不住嘴… |
[36:28] | I know you wouldn’t hurt Warren. | 我知道你是不会伤害Warren的 |
[36:30] | Of course he would. You see, that’s what he does. | 他当然会 你看 他就是这样的 |
[36:33] | He loves to beat up people weaker than him. | 他就是喜欢欺负比他弱小的 |
[36:35] | We are closed. | 我们关门了 |
[36:36] | You left your door unlocked. | 你的门开着的 |
[36:38] | Probably an oversight due to your state of panic. | 也许是因为你惊慌失措造成的疏忽 |
[36:40] | Yeah, light’s were on. We suspected a robbery. | 是的 灯还开着 我们还以为有小偷 |
[36:44] | Say, have a bevel knife? | 说 你们有没有斜面刀 |
[36:47] | A what? | 什么 |
[36:47] | It’s a triangular three- sided knife. | 是三棱三面的刀 |
[36:50] | You know, to clean out bowling ball holes. | 就是 清理保龄球孔的 |
[36:52] | Say, I used to have one back in the day. | 我以前也有一把的 |
[36:53] | You wouldn’t happen to have one around here, would you now? | 你们不会在这里也有一把吧 |
[36:55] | You need a warrant… you need a warrant to take any of my stuff. | 你需要有搜查令的…才能带走我的东西 |
[36:58] | Lucy, we need a bevel knife. | Lucy 我们需要一把斜面刀 |
[37:06] | We keep one in here. | 这里有一把 |
[37:07] | Shut up, Lucy! | 闭嘴 Lucy |
[37:08] | Why don’t you smack her around a little bit there, Ted, huh? | 你怎么不在这打她一下呢 Ted 嗯 |
[37:10] | Keep your woman in line. | 让你的女人听话 |
[37:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:39] | This could have done it. | 这个完全可以做到的 |
[37:41] | Say, Bones, that bone chip, uh… | Bones 那块骨头 呃… |
[37:44] | second victim or murderer? | 是另一个受害者的还是凶手的 |
[37:45] | For Warren’s sake, I hope it was the murderer. | 为了Warren 我希望是凶手的 |
[37:48] | Me, too. | 我 也是 |
[37:50] | What are you talking about? Just get out of here. | 你们在说什么 赶紧离开这里 |
[37:52] | – It’d be his left arm. – What? | – 应该是他的左臂 – 什么 |
[37:55] | Warren was right- handed, so the wound would be on your husband’s left arm. | Warren是右撇子 所以伤口应该在你丈夫的左臂上 |
[37:59] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[38:01] | Bones… Bones… | |
[38:05] | Right there. | 就在这 |
[38:09] | I got him, I got him, I got him, I got him. | 我来抓他 我抓他就行 我抓住他了 |
[38:13] | Aw, hell, Bones, it looks like you opened up an old wound there. | 啊 天 Bones 看起来你好像让旧伤裂开了 |
[38:15] | All right, let’s go. | 好吧 我们走 |
[38:16] | You know what, you’re under arrest. | 你知道吗 你被捕了 |
[38:17] | I really hate a wife beater, I really do. | 我很讨厌家暴的人 真的很讨厌 |
[38:19] | Almost as much as I hate someone who kills a dying kid. | 就像我很讨厌有些人谋杀将死的孩子一样 |
[38:33] | Warren knew what Ted did to you. | Warren知道Ted对你做了什么 |
[38:37] | Did you tell him? | 你跟他说了吗 |
[38:38] | I didn’t have to. He saw one night. | 我不用说 有天晚上他看到了 |
[38:41] | Ted hit me, and… | Ted打了我 然后… |
[38:44] | Warren… Warren… | |
[38:47] | Warren ran away. | Warren跑了 |
[38:49] | Why didn’t you go to the police? | 你为什么不找警察呢 |
[38:51] | Because…it’s not all the time. | 因为…也不总是这样 |
[38:55] | It’s just when things go bad and he’s under a lot of strain. | 只是有时候事情很不顺 然后他压力很大 |
[38:59] | Ted has a bad temper. | Ted的脾气不好 |
[39:01] | Warren wanted to rescue you. | Warren想要拯救你 |
[39:05] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[39:06] | He probably just wanted to intimidate your husband. | 他可能只是想吓唬你丈夫 |
[39:09] | Stop him from attacking you. | 让他不要再打你了 |
[39:11] | Warren stabbed your husband in the arm with the bevel knife. | Warren用斜面刀刺伤了你丈夫的胳膊 |
[39:14] | Ted took the knife away from Warren. | Ted把刀从Warren那里夺过来 |
[39:16] | It wouldn’t have been hard. The boy was very ill. | 那不会很难的 那孩子已经病很重了 |
[39:21] | After that, it’s like you said- – | 那之后 就像你说的 |
[39:23] | your husband has a bad temper. | 你丈夫脾气不好 |