时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Our time capsule was buried in 1987.. | 我们的时间胶囊在1987年埋下 |
[00:07] | the year the Dow closed above 2,000 for the first time. | 在同一年 道琼斯指数第一次达到2000以上 |
[00:11] | Reagan told Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. | 里根总统告诉戈尔巴乔夫总统拆掉柏林墙 |
[00:14] | Uh, you had a huge crush on La Toya Jackson. | 还是你迷上La Toya Jackson(MJ的二姐)的那年 |
[00:17] | – I did. – You can’t complain, Stinson. | – 确实 – 你没什么好抱怨的 Stinson |
[00:20] | – You married the head cheerleader. – Lucky I did. | – 你娶了拉拉队队长 – 我运气很好 |
[00:23] | And now we have a wonderful kid who’s a senior right here at Foothill. | 现在我们生的孩子就在Foothill读高三 |
[00:26] | Alex, take a bow. | Alex 鞠躬 |
[00:30] | Anyhow, we’re here today to open the time capsule… | 我们今天齐聚一堂 是为了打开 |
[00:32] | that we buried 20 years ago… | 埋了二十年的时间胶囊 |
[00:35] | so we can see who we were and how the heck we all got to where we are today. | 这样就能知道我们怎么变成了今天的样子 |
[00:38] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[00:42] | 20 years. | 二十年了啊 |
[00:44] | Do you remember what you put in there? | 你记得你在里面放了什么吗 |
[00:46] | No. A bad perm and pink leg warmers, probably. | 不太记得了 可能放了坏的卷发棒和粉色的护腿吧 |
[00:49] | Here we go. | 好嘞 |
[00:56] | – Oh! – Oh, God, that is foul. | – 噢 – 老天 好臭啊 |
[00:58] | Oh, what the hell, Bill? I thought you said this thing was water tight. | Bill 这怎么回事 胶囊不是防水的吗 |
[01:01] | It should have been. And it’s Gil, not Bill. | 是防水的啊 而且 我叫Gil 不是Bill |
[01:03] | Let’s see what we got here. | 我们看看里面有什么 |
[01:10] | Ugh. | 好恶心 |
[01:17] | Wow. Now, this is a sweet field. | 这个田径场好棒啊 |
[01:19] | This is what I’m talking about, right? | 田径场就该是这样的 |
[01:21] | I mean, it’s nothin’ like ours, but, hey… | 虽然跟我们学校的不能比 但是 |
[01:23] | that didn’t stop me from being MVP in my senior year. | 场地的规模也没能阻挡我在高三当最有价值球员 |
[01:26] | Got the trophy. Touchdown! | 我得到了奖杯 触地得分 |
[01:27] | In certain tribes in the African subcontinent… | 在非洲次大陆的一些部落 |
[01:30] | piercings serve as a reminder, like your trophy… | 穿孔跟奖杯有一样可以让我们 |
[01:33] | – of the power and agility which has since faded away. – What do you mean, faded away? | – 想起已经逝去的力量和灵敏 – 什么叫已经逝去的 |
[01:37] | Whoa. Time out. Can we just concentrate on the case? | 不说这个了 我们讨论案子吧 |
[01:39] | – What do we got here? – We were all gathered for the opening. | – 案子什么情况 – 我们当时都在那里等着开箱 |
[01:42] | We had, uh, no idea that that thing was in there. | 我们不知道 呃 那个东西 会在里面 |
[01:46] | Whoa. That is rank. | 好难闻啊 |
[01:49] | I was just expecting to see my 10,000 Maniacs album. | 我只想看看我的摇滚乐队10,000 Maniacs的专辑 |
[01:51] | – That was not there. – Who are you? | – 那个之前还不在里面的 – 你是谁 |
[01:54] | I’m Gil Bates. I- I sealed it myself. | Gil Bates 时间胶囊是我封起来的 |
[01:56] | I used a propylene seal and industrial bolt lags. | 我用了丙烯封口 又用了工业螺丝固定 |
[01:59] | Adolescent Caucasian male. | 处于青春期的白人男性 |
[02:02] | Late teens, early 20s. | 二十岁出头 |
[02:03] | What do you say we just pack it all up and ship it back to the Jeffersonian? | 把它们全部打包拿回Jeffersonian吧 |
[02:08] | Oh, I’m sorry. That’s not a good idea. | 我不觉得这是个好主意 |
[02:09] | The water has compromised the structural integrity of the case. So… | 里面的液体已经破坏了胶囊的结构 所以 |
[02:13] | Would you look at this, Bones? | 看看 Bones |
[02:14] | – Another nerd for your squint squad. – Drill. | – 又一个可以进你队里的眯眯眼 – 给我钻子 |
[02:18] | Drill? Whoa, wait a second. You mean you’re gonna drill it right here? | 等等 你们就在这现场钻开 |
[02:20] | – What about taking it all back to the Jeffersonian? – Tub. | – 不带回Jeffersonian了吗 – 给我一个桶 |
[02:48] | Our 1987 Foothill High School yearbook, of course. | 这是我们1987届的Foothill高中年鉴 |
[02:53] | – How about the ghetto blaster? – Yeah! | – 手提录音机也放一台吧 – 好啊 |
[02:57] | Rubik’s Cube? | 魔方怎么样 |
[03:01] | How about this? CD. No needle required. | 这个呢 不用唱片机也能放的CD |
[03:02] | In 20 years, they’ll be able to fit hundreds of those on a microchip. | 二十年后 人们就能把几百张碟片里的内容放进微芯片里了 |
[03:07] | Victim had several antemortem fractures to his sternum… | 受害者胸骨上有多处死前伤 |
[03:09] | as well as several antemortem fractures to the lateral sections of his ribs. | 他肋骨的侧面也有死前伤 |
[03:14] | – All healed? – All healed at different times. | – 都痊愈了吗 – 都在不同时间痊愈了 |
[03:17] | I had a Michael Jackson glove. | 我买过一副Michael Jackson手套 |
[03:18] | – I’ve never mentioned that before. – I loved Chevy Chase. | – 我之前没说过 – 我爱过Chevy Chase |
[03:22] | We all have our crosses to bear. | 我们都有各自的负担 |
[03:24] | The fracture on the right clavicle is fresh- | 右锁骨上的骨折时间较近 |
[03:28] | – Well, was 20 years ago. – Oh! | – 大概是二十年前的 – 噢 |
[03:31] | – Mullet alert. – Ooh. That’s a nasty one. | – 鲻鱼预警 – 这个也太难看了 |
[03:34] | Booth got a list of all the students who didn’t make it to the capsule opening… | Booth列了一个没去开箱现场的学生名单 |
[03:37] | and he’s pulling the names of anyone connected to the school in 1987 who had a record. | 他还在找1987年跟学校有关系的前科犯 |
[03:42] | Oh, my God. I’m getting flashbacks to braces and stirrup pants… | 我又想起了牙箍和马镫裤 |
[03:47] | – and a really, really bad side ponytail. – You certainly grew out of it. | – 还有扎的很糟糕的侧马尾 – 你现在不是那种样子了 |
[03:51] | I wore Doc Martens that weighed more than I did. | 我还穿那种特别重的马丁靴 |
[03:54] | Apparently, Booth was fine. He was a football player. | 显然Booth就挺好的 他是踢足球的 |
[03:57] | Right. He was one of those guys. | 噢懂了 他是那种学生 |
[03:59] | Well, this guy certainly wasn’t hanging out with the cheerleaders… | 这个人肯定没有跟那些拉拉队的混在一起 |
[04:03] | but I bet he had some love notes stashed away in his Spaceballs binder. | 但是我敢肯定他的Spaceballs牌文件夹里会有一些情书之类的 |
[04:07] | – I think I saw him in the video. – Roger Dillon. | – 我觉得我在视频里看到他了 – 他叫Roger Dillon |
[04:12] | – Class of 1987. – Here he is. | – 1987届学生 – 他在这儿 |
[04:14] | The comet will be around in 76 years. We’ll still be around. Don’t worry. | 彗星76年以后才会再来 我们到时候还会在的 别担心 |
[04:20] | How did Roger Dillon get from there… | Roger Dillon是怎么从那里 |
[04:25] | to here? | 到这里的 |
[05:08] | – I ran a sample of the sludge. – Organic matter. | – 我分析了一下淤泥 – 是有机物质 |
[05:11] | – Or you could call him Roger. – Oh, come on. | – 或者你可以叫他Roger – 这有什么 |
[05:14] | When you can ladle someone, he’s a little less than a person, don’t you think? | 如果你能用勺子挖起一个人 他肯定不是一个完整的人 不是吗 |
[05:17] | Fine. I took a sample of “Roger,”‘ ran it through the mass spectrometer. | 行吧 我取了一点Roger的样本 用质谱仪查了一下 |
[05:22] | You’ll never guess what I found. Traces of an unidentified organophosphate. | 你肯定猜不到我找到了什么 我找到了一些种类不明的有机磷酸酯 |
[05:25] | – Nerve gas? – Very good. I’ll break down the rest of the chemicals. | – 神经毒气吗 – 很好 我现在要去查剩下的化学物质 |
[05:28] | The victim also had a perimortem fracture in his wrist. | 受害者的手腕也有死时伤 |
[05:31] | There are indications of a Grade 2 acromioclavicular joint separation… | 他的肩峰锁骨有关节分离的迹象 |
[05:35] | – but it was certainly not lethal. – I’ve seen it before. | – 但这并不致命 – 我见过这种事 |
[05:38] | Someone twisted the victim’s arm behind his back- forcefully. | 有人用力地把受害者的手臂反剪到背后 |
[05:41] | So what, did he get beat up for his lunch money? | 难道他是因为午餐钱被打的吗 |
[05:43] | Violent students are the hallmark of a school yard. | 暴力的学生是校园的一大标志 |
[05:45] | I speak from experience. | 这是我的经验之谈 |
[05:49] | However, these fractures on his ribs might predate high school. | 但是他肋骨上的伤时间比高中要早 |
[05:52] | So he might have had some trouble at home. | 可能他在家里日子也不好过 |
[06:02] | I don’t understand, Mr. Dillon, why you’ve never reported your son missing. | 我不明白 Mr. Dillon 为什么你没有报告你儿子的失踪 |
[06:05] | His mother told me that Roger ran away. | Roger的妈妈告诉我他跑了 |
[06:08] | You weren’t concerned that your son never contacted you again? | 你儿子不联系你 你一点都不担心吗 |
[06:12] | – He didn’t live with me. He didn’t want to. – Because of the physical abuse? | – 他没有跟我住 因为他不想 – 因为你虐待他 |
[06:15] | Yeah. I was a drinker in those days… | 是啊 我当时喝酒喝的很厉害 |
[06:18] | and I understood why he wanted to just write me off. | 我能明白他为什么想跟我断绝来往 |
[06:22] | But I cared about him. I was sick. | 但是我是在乎他的 只是我有点问题 |
[06:24] | When was the last time you saw Roger? | 你最后一次看到Roger是什么时候 |
[06:26] | It was the night of his high school graduation. | 是在他的高中毕业典礼上 |
[06:29] | He came over here afterwards asking me for money- a lot. | 他过来这里 跟我要了很多钱 |
[06:33] | You threw him out of the house with his arm twisted behind his back. | 你把他赶了出去 还把他的手臂反剪 |
[06:36] | I swear, he- he got up, and he walked away. | 但是他当时还能站起来的 然后就走了 |
[06:39] | Now, this was 20 years ago. What’s this all about? | 这是二十年前的事了 怎么又问起这个 |
[06:43] | Roger is dead, Mr. Dillon. | Roger死了 Mr. Dillon |
[06:45] | His remains were found yesterday. | 我们昨天发现了他的遗体 |
[06:49] | – Oh, God. God. – Found him at the high school. | – 噢 天啊 – 在他的高中被发现的 |
[06:54] | He’d been in a time capsule for 20 years. | 他在一个时间胶囊里待了二十年 |
[06:57] | Any idea why he needed the money? | 你知道他为什么找你要钱吗 |
[07:02] | He wouldn’t say. Guess it was so he could run away. | 他不肯说 应该是为了离开吧 |
[07:05] | You should talk to Gil. He was Roger’s best friend. | 你应该跟Gil谈谈 他是Roger最好的朋友 |
[07:10] | – Gil Bates? – Yeah. | – Gil Bates吗 – 对 |
[07:12] | – That’s the Tech Town guy. – Yeah. They did everything together. | – 那个科技园的员工吗 – 是啊 他们总是待在一起 |
[07:16] | We’ll be in touch. | 我们会再联系你的 |
[07:20] | I’m different now. | 我现在改过自新了 |
[07:22] | I’m sober. | 我戒酒了 |
[07:24] | I never- I never wanted to hurt him. | 我不是…我不是有意要伤害他的 |
[07:27] | I loved Roger. | 我爱Roger |
[07:31] | Right. | 好的 |
[07:37] | Kid basically melted into all of this. | 这个孩子基本上就溶在这里面了 |
[07:39] | Should be able to pull more chemical traces… | 我应该能从这个装置上 |
[07:42] | off the artifacts to ID the organophosphate on him. | 找到更多化学物质 鉴别出磷酸酯的种类 |
[07:45] | – Beta. St. Elmo’s Fire. – It’s on the list. | – 电影《七个毕业生》的碟 – 清单上有 |
[07:50] | – One yearbook. Foothill High School, 1987. – Check. | – 一本Foothill高中1987届年鉴 – 有 |
[07:53] | – Dehydrate and scan. – “Have a great summer. Don’t ever change.” | – 把它脱水然后扫描一下 – “祝你有个愉快的暑假 永远别改变” |
[07:57] | – Remember those days? – I remember getting grounded every weekend. | – 你还记得那些日子吗 – 我只记得每周末都被禁足 |
[08:00] | – So many rules to break, so little time. – You were the nerd fantasy. | – 太多要破坏的规矩 时间又太少 – 你当时肯定是呆子们的幻想对象 |
[08:04] | – I was all about Barbie. – She was my first anatomy lesson. | – 我那时候很喜欢芭比娃娃 – 她是我的第一个解剖对象 |
[08:07] | – I was confused for years. – What about Ken? I felt so sorry for him. | – 我疑惑了很久 – 那芭比的男朋友Ken呢 我挺同情他的 |
[08:11] | Floppy disk the size of a dinner plate. | 一张像饭盘一样大的破烂碟 |
[08:13] | Bingo, baby. The disk is not on the list. | 找到了 这张碟不在单子上 |
[08:16] | Wow. What are you? Term paper? Launch codes? | 你身体里藏着什么呢 成绩单还是火箭发射的密码 |
[08:20] | We need to pull the data. | 我们需要把数据记录下来 |
[08:21] | – Do you think you’re up to it? – I can try. | – 你觉得你可以吗 – 我可以试试啊 |
[08:23] | A hockey skate. | 一只冰球鞋 |
[08:26] | And it looks like it’s signed. | 好像还有签名 |
[08:27] | Check on the skate. Belonged to some jock named John Adamson. | 单子上有冰球鞋 是一个叫John Adamson的运动员的 |
[08:31] | A can of New Coke. | 还有一罐新包装的可口可乐 |
[08:33] | Definitely an ’80s plot to destabilize the country. | 肯定是八十年代想要让国家失衡的手段 |
[08:36] | – Another check. – And a pocket watch. | – 可乐在单上也有 – 还有一只怀表 |
[08:39] | The watch is not on the list. | 怀表不在单子上 |
[08:43] | It’s a Wallingham. It’s nice. | Wallingham牌的 这个牌子挺好的 |
[08:46] | Computer disk and a pocket watch. | 所以不在单子上的有电脑硬盘和怀表 |
[08:48] | What was our little geek into? | 这个怪小孩到底惹了什么麻烦 |
[08:51] | It’s dry. This is a good watch. | 它是干的 挺好的表 |
[08:54] | – Some kind of residue. – Could it help ID the poison? | – 有点东西残留在上面 – 能帮忙鉴定出毒物种类吗 |
[08:58] | Let me at it. | 我去看看 |
[09:02] | Roger’s father had no trouble getting physical… | Roger的爸爸又不觉得动手有什么问题 |
[09:06] | so why would he resort to poisoning his son with a nerve agent? | 如果真想杀他儿子 为什么要下毒 |
[09:10] | What sort of teenager were you, Bones? | 你青少年是什么样的 Bones |
[09:11] | He did have a series of odd jobs. | 他确实有一堆奇怪的工作 |
[09:13] | Perhaps he procured the poison from one of them. | 可能他是在工作的时候顺手牵羊拿到的毒药 |
[09:16] | Come on. You have to have at least one good story before you pasted on the lab coat. | 起码讲一个有意思的故事吧 别这么着急工作啊 |
[09:20] | I was busy studying. | 我当时忙着学习 |
[09:21] | And in all those hours of studying, you never came across one hormone? | 在你学习的时间里 你没有遇到过心动的人吗 |
[09:25] | Fine. There was one boy. | 行吧 是有这么一个男孩 |
[09:30] | Andy Fluger. | 他叫Andy Fluger |
[09:32] | He was the varsity lacrosse captain. | 他是大学长曲棍球队的队长 |
[09:35] | Did you kiss… the varsity lacrosse captain? | 你亲过这个长曲棍球队长吗 |
[09:39] | I was weighing the pros and cons… | 我那时正在衡量利弊的时候 |
[09:41] | when he became my secret Santa. | 他变成了我的神秘圣诞老人 |
[09:44] | I thought you hated secret Santa. | 我以为你讨厌交换礼物的活动 |
[09:45] | Yes, because he taped the gift to my locker. | 是啊 因为他把我的礼物贴在我的柜子上 |
[09:48] | Everyone saw it. | 大家都看到了 |
[09:50] | Teenagers can be cruel. | 青少年有时候可以很残忍 |
[09:52] | – What was it? – Doesn’t matter. | – 礼物是什么 – 这不重要 |
[09:54] | – Come on, Bones. – You promise not to laugh? | – 别啊 Bones – 你能保证不笑吗 |
[09:57] | I promise. I’m your partner. | 当然能 我是你的搭档 |
[09:59] | It was a Brainy Smurf. | 他给了我蓝精灵里的智多星 |
[10:02] | – You said you wouldn’t laugh. – I’m not laughing. | – 你说了不会笑的 – 我没笑啊 |
[10:05] | – Brainy Smurf, huh? – Well, it was deliberate. | – 智多星啊 – 这个礼物明摆着是故意的 |
[10:07] | He knew I wanted Smurfette. | 他知道我想要蓝妹妹 |
[10:11] | – Okay, it’s clear you find this amusing. – I’m not laughing. | – 很明显你觉得这件事很好笑 – 我没在笑 |
[10:14] | I’m not. | 我真没有 |
[10:16] | – What? – You know, Angela was right. | – 干嘛 – Angela说的对 |
[10:19] | – You were one of those guys. – What? One of what guys? | – 你是那种学生 – 哪种学生 |
[10:26] | That was Roger in the time capsule? | 时间胶囊里的人是Roger吗 |
[10:29] | I saw his skull. Oh, my God. I saw his skull. | 我看到了他的头骨 天啊我看了他的头骨 |
[10:33] | He’s been there since 1987. | 他1987年就在那了 |
[10:36] | You know, Roger took off. He left a note. | Roger不是走了吗 他留下了一张便条 |
[10:38] | – A note? – Graduation night, he left his mom a note… | – 什么便条 – 毕业典礼那晚 他给他妈妈留了一张便条 |
[10:40] | saying that he hated it here and he was running away. | 说他讨厌这里 要离开 |
[10:43] | He went to his father’s house to ask for money. Do you know why? | 然后他去找他爸要钱了 你知道为什么吗 |
[10:46] | All I knew is what his mom said was in the note he left. | 我只知道他妈妈跟我说过的便条里的内容 |
[10:48] | Gil, his mother is dead, and his father never saw it, so- | Gil 他妈妈已经去世了 他爸爸又没看见过那张便条 |
[10:51] | So you’re the only connection we have to the note. | 所以你是唯一知道便条的事的人了 |
[10:54] | It said, uh… | 上面写着 |
[10:57] | you know, that… | 就是 |
[10:59] | he couldn’t be around his dad anymore… | 他不想再跟他爸待在一起了 |
[11:01] | or the kids at school. | 也不能忍受学校里的孩子 |
[11:04] | They picked on him. | 他们总是找茬 |
[11:06] | They used to pick on me too. | 他们之前也找我的茬 |
[11:08] | I guess he just couldn’t take it. | 我觉得他应该是受不了了 |
[11:14] | Why wouldn’t he just ask for help? | 为什么他不找人帮忙 |
[11:17] | He was my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[11:21] | I always thought that I’d see him again. | 我一直以为我还会再见到他 |
[11:25] | I can’t believe I’ll never see him again. | 我不敢相信他已经不在了 |
[11:36] | All right, I found several denim cotton fibers… | 我在金表和软盘上 |
[11:38] | on both the gold watch and the floppy… | 找到了一些牛仔棉布的纤维 |
[11:40] | matching what’s left of the victim’s classic acid- wash ’80s jeans. | 跟受害者穿的80年代的水洗牛仔相匹配 |
[11:45] | That places the watch and the disk… | 这就说明表跟软盘 |
[11:46] | inside the victim’s pocket at the time of his murder. | 在受害者被杀时在他的口袋里 |
[11:49] | I tested the residue inside the watch casing. | 我检测了表壳上的残留物 |
[11:51] | Pure crystalline tropane alkaloid. | 有一种纯净的莨菪烷生物碱结晶 |
[11:53] | Roger Dillon had a pocket watch full of cocaine? | Roger Dillon装了一口袋可卡因吗 |
[11:56] | It’s so Miami Vice, I could roll up my sleeves. | 就像电影迈阿密风云了 我甚至感觉我已经要冲上去战斗了 |
[11:59] | The FBI. sent us the files of everyone connected to the school who had a record. | FBI给我们发了一张跟学校有关系的前科犯名单 |
[12:04] | Mostly petty thefts, DUIs, that sort of thing. | 大多数都是小偷小摸 酒驾之类的罪名 |
[12:09] | Darwin Banks, teacher at Foothill High… | Darwin Banks是Foothill高中的老师 |
[12:12] | arrested in a school- wide drug bust, June 12, 1987. | 在1987年6月12号的一次全校的毒品检查中被逮捕 |
[12:16] | – That’s 2 days after Roger disappeared. – And Roger needed money. | – Roger刚好就是两天前失踪的 – 而且Roger也刚好需要钱 |
[12:20] | Looks like our young geek might have been killed over a drug deal. | 看起来这个怪小孩是在毒品交易中被杀的 |
[12:37] | Do you remember Roger Dillon? | 你记得Roger Dillon吗 |
[12:38] | Foothill High, right? | Foothill高中的学生对吧 |
[12:41] | I was his science teacher. | 我是他的科学老师 |
[12:43] | Smart kid. Could have taught the class. | 很聪明的孩子 他甚至够格教课 |
[12:45] | Yeah, well, he’s dead. | 他死了 |
[12:46] | We found him stuffed into the Foothill’s time capsule. | 我们发现他被塞进了Foothill高中的时间胶囊里 |
[12:50] | Been there since 1987. | 他1987年就在里面了 |
[12:52] | – God. – It says here in the yearbook that you were… | – 天啊 – 年册里写着你是 |
[12:55] | the faculty adviser to the time capsule committee. | 时间胶囊委员会的设备顾问 |
[13:00] | – You gotta be kidding. – I usually | – 你在开玩笑吧 – 通常 |
[13:01] | don’t joke around when a 17- year- old boy’s been murdered. | 我不会在有一个十七岁男孩被杀的时候开玩笑 |
[13:06] | – Found evidence of cocaine on him. – Roger? | – 我们发现他身上有微量可卡因 – Roger身上吗 |
[13:10] | No. That kid was clean. | 不可能 那个小孩不碰毒品的 |
[13:11] | The only way he got high was sitting in front of his computer, writing code. | 只有在电脑前敲代码能让他兴奋 |
[13:15] | All right, so help me out here… | 帮我回忆一下 |
[13:16] | because in ’87 you were arrested at the high school for dealing. | 87年在学校因为毒品交易被捕的不是你吗 |
[13:19] | I wasn’t dealing. I was just out of college. | 我没有交易毒品 我当时在学校外面 |
[13:22] | – I had 2 joints on me. – And 4 ounces in your apartment. | – 身上带了两只大麻烟而已 – 你的公寓还有四盎司 |
[13:25] | I was 23. We all do crazy stuff when we’re kids. | 我当时才23岁 年轻的时候我们都会干傻事的 |
[13:29] | Exactly. | 对啊 |
[13:30] | I have my own business now. A wife and 2 kids. | 我现在有自己的事业 妻子和两个孩子 |
[13:35] | I’m in the Rotary Club, for God sakes. | 我还进了扶轮社呢 看在老天的份上 |
[13:37] | Well, we know that Roger needed money. Maybe | 我们知道Roger需要钱 也许 |
[13:40] | he started dealing for you and he wanted a bigger payout. | 他开始为你贩毒 然后想拿到更多分成 |
[13:43] | Threatened to turn you in if he didn’t get it, so you killed him. | 威胁你 如果你不给钱 他就告发你 |
[13:46] | I didn’t kill him, and Roger didn’t rat me out. | 我没有杀他 Roger也没有出卖我 |
[13:49] | It was Adamson- John Adamson- | 是Adamson 那个叫John Adamson的小孩干的 |
[13:52] | an entitled ass even at 17. | 才十七岁 就已经家境优渥了 |
[13:55] | I caught him cheating, and the next thing I know… | 我发现他作弊 然后 |
[13:58] | the cops are knocking on my classroom door. | 警察就来敲教室的门了 |
[14:00] | He just wanted to discredit me so he could retake the test. | 他只是想损害我的名誉 这样就可以重新考试 |
[14:04] | Right. So you’re the victim, with the 4 ounces of weed. | 也就是说 有着四盎司大麻的你 反而是受害者咯 |
[14:08] | Can you confirm your whereabouts on June 14, 1987? | 你记不记得你1987年6月14号在哪里 |
[14:12] | If I’m such a big, drug- dealing liar… | 如果我是个贩毒的骗子 |
[14:16] | why would I tell you the truth? | 我为什么要告诉你实话 |
[14:18] | Because you don’t want to go to jail for killing Roger Dillon. | 因为 你不想因为谋杀Roger Dillon的罪名入狱 |
[14:25] | Come on, Sweets. Just come on. | Sweets 行行好 帮个忙吧 |
[14:27] | You’ve done a lot of psychological profiling, and the case is 20 years old. | 你做过那么多心理侧写 而且这个案子是二十年前的了 |
[14:30] | – We just need some help. – That’s not why we’re here today, Agent Booth. | – 我们需要你的帮助 – 这不是你们今天过来的理由 Booth探员 |
[14:33] | This hour is for you and Dr. Brennan. | 这一个小时是你和Dr. Brennan的时间 |
[14:35] | She’s not gonna mind. It’s only gonna take 5 minutes, okay? | 她不介意的 我只要你五分钟 |
[14:37] | 1987, suburban kid is killed and stuffed into a time capsule. | 1987年 一个郊区小孩被杀 然后被塞进时间胶囊里 |
[14:42] | Fascinating, right? What kind of person would do that? | 很有趣吧 你觉得什么样的人会这么做呢 |
[14:47] | So, have any conflicts or issues arisen since our last session? | 自从上次治疗 你们之间有出现什么矛盾吗 |
[14:52] | – Well- – Bones and I are doing just great. | – 这个嘛… – Bones跟我挺好的 |
[14:55] | You look angry, Dr. Brennan. | 你看起来在生气 Dr. Brennan |
[14:59] | I told Agent Booth a private story about my childhood and he laughed. | 我告诉了Booth探员一件关于我小时候的私事 他笑我 |
[15:06] | What? No. I- | 什么 我没有啊 |
[15:10] | I was appreciating it. Don’t get him involved. | 我是在欣赏这个故事 别把他扯进来 |
[15:12] | Snorting does not suggest appreciation. | 嗤笑并不代表着欣赏 |
[15:16] | It was about a cartoon character from the 1980s. | 那是1980年代的一个卡通人物 |
[15:19] | I didn’t think you’d be so sensitive. | 我不知道你为什么要这么大惊小怪 |
[15:21] | Childhood icons have great significance to us, Agent Booth, all right? | 小时候喜欢的东西对我们有很重要的意义 Booth探员 |
[15:24] | I myself was very attached to Voltron. | 我小时候就很喜欢战神金刚 |
[15:29] | Cartoon. | 那部动画片 |
[15:31] | Voltron. | 战神金刚 |
[15:33] | You’re hurt, Dr. Brennan, because you feel | 你觉得很受伤 Dr. Brennan 因为你觉得 |
[15:36] | you opened yourself up to Agent Booth, and he betrayed that trust. | 你对Booth探员敞开了心扉 而他背叛了你的信任 |
[15:39] | – We’re talkin’ about a Smurf. – Smurfette. | – 我们是在说蓝精灵 – 是蓝妹妹 |
[15:41] | Perhaps a way to bring this relationship back into symmetry… | 可能有一个办法能让你们的关系恢复正常 |
[15:44] | is if you reveal a childhood story about yourself- | 你也跟Dr.Brennan说一个 |
[15:46] | show your vulnerability to Dr. Brennan. | 你小时候比较丢脸的故事 |
[15:48] | No. You know what? This is crazy. It’s- it’s not right. | 不行 这不是个好主意 |
[15:51] | – Tell him that it’s not right. – Is it? | – 告诉他他说的不对 – 有什么不对的 |
[15:54] | Oh, you’re on his side. Why don’t you go play Voltron with him? | 你竟然站在他那边 干脆你们去一起玩战神金刚好了 |
[15:56] | You were that guy, weren’t you, Agent Booth? | 你以前是那种男生 对吧 Booth探员 |
[15:58] | You were the golden boy who could get away with anything just by turning on the charm. | 你是那种靠魅力就可以躲过所有惩罚的人 |
[16:02] | That’s ridiculous. You don’t even know who I am. | 这个说法很荒谬 你又不知道我以前是什么样的人 |
[16:03] | Could it be that you’re still holding on to that persona? | 有没有可能你现在还是保持着那种偶像包袱 |
[16:08] | – That you’re afraid to reveal yourself? – I’m an FBI agent. | – 所以你才不想敞开心扉 – 我是一个FBI探员 |
[16:10] | I get shot at every day, all right? I’m not afraid of anything. | 我每天都要面对枪林弹雨 我什么都不怕 |
[16:13] | Okay, this is obviously very difficult for you… | 很明显你觉得敞开心扉很难 |
[16:16] | but you shouldn’t be ashamed to ask for help. | 但是你不应该觉得寻求帮助很丢脸 |
[16:20] | You shouldn’t. | 你不应该 |
[16:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:32] | I apologize. I do. I need help. | 我道歉 我确实需要帮助 |
[16:38] | With this case. | 需要你帮忙看看这个案子 |
[16:39] | So, while you review this… | 那你先看着 |
[16:42] | I will reveal myself to Bones. | 我来跟Bones敞开心扉 |
[16:46] | I know that sounded weird, but you know what I mean. | 听起来好像怪怪的 你懂我意思就行 |
[16:48] | So you will share… | 所以你会分享 |
[16:50] | an emotionally humiliating episode… | 你小时候比较 |
[16:54] | – from your youth with me? – Yeah. I- I have ’em. | – 丢人的经历吗 – 对啊 我也有这种经历的 |
[16:56] | – Here. – All right. Excellent. | – 给你 – 太好了 |
[16:59] | Now, for the remainder of our time, let’s role- play. | 剩下的时间我们来角色扮演吧 |
[17:05] | Now I know why I’m not allowed to bring my gun in here. | 现在我知道为什么我不能带枪进来了 |
[17:16] | I tested the goop. I found traces of cocaine… | 我检测了一下粘性物质 我找到了微量可卡因 |
[17:18] | consistent with the leakage from the gold watch. | 与金表上的泄露物一致 |
[17:20] | But when I check the results against samples… | 但是样品在他的头发 |
[17:22] | of his hair and bones, they came out negative. | 和骨骼中都呈阴性 |
[17:24] | – Roger didn’t do drugs. – So his old teacher was telling the truth? | – Roger不碰毒品 – 所以他的老师说的是真话咯 |
[17:27] | Huh. I also discovered… | 我还发现了 |
[17:30] | – what he was dosed with, and how much. – What? | – 他在用什么药 还有他的用量 – 他在用什么 |
[17:32] | – Malaoxon. – Malaoxon? | – 马拉氧磷 – 马拉氧磷的话 |
[17:34] | – Yeah. – It’s neurotoxic in high doses. | – 对 – 大剂量对神经系统有毒性 |
[17:37] | Yeah, but there was barely enough to make a mouse cough. | 但是他身体里的量最多只能用来让一只老鼠咳嗽 |
[17:40] | So our theory about poisoning is incorrect. | 所以我们那个毒杀的猜测是错的 |
[17:43] | Dr. Saroyan, I found an anomaly on the victim’s skull. | Dr. Saroyan 我在死者的头骨上发现了异常 |
[17:46] | When I was cleaning the skull, I found a tiny irregularity… | 在清理头骨的时候 我发现了一点不规律的地方 |
[17:50] | in the undersurface of the victim’s mandible. | 在受害者的颌骨下表面 |
[17:51] | Magnified, it proved to be a tiny but sharply defined fracture. | 放大以后 我发现了一个小而清晰的裂痕 |
[17:56] | Judging by its location, it appears that a weapon… | 根据位置来看 看起来凶器是 |
[17:58] | was thrust into the neck, cutting through the sternocleidomastoid… | 被推进了脖颈处 切到了胸锁乳突肌 |
[18:01] | and severing both the carotid artery and jugular vein. | 损伤到了颈动脉和颈静脉 |
[18:04] | Which means Roger must have bled out. Have you determined a weapon? | 也就是说Roger可能死于失血过多 你鉴别出凶器了吗 |
[18:08] | Judging by the microscopic crushing of the bone… | 根据骨骼受挤压的情况来看 |
[18:10] | the weapon was neither too sharp nor too blunt. | 武器既不尖也不钝 |
[18:13] | – It certainly wasn’t an edged weapon. – So it wasn’t a knife? | – 但是肯定不是有刃的武器 – 所以不是刀咯 |
[18:16] | Correct. However, it left an odd textural stain in the crevice. | 对 但是它在裂缝里留下了一个奇怪的印子 |
[18:20] | I’ve taken a sample and will hand it over to Hodgins for testing. | 我已经取样了 稍后会拿给Hodgins检测 |
[18:28] | This little darling… | 这个小东西 |
[18:29] | is a Commodore Amiga, with a Motorola 6800 chipset… | 是阿米加准将号 装有摩托罗拉6800芯片组 |
[18:33] | using a homemade operating system. | 使用一套自制的操作系统 |
[18:35] | I got it from the computer exhibit on the 3rd floor. | 我是从三楼的电脑展览会拿来的 |
[18:38] | I used to have this exact computer. | 我以前有一台一模一样的 |
[18:40] | My geek princess. | 我的电脑达人公主殿下 |
[18:42] | I knew the mall couldn’t suck out your soul. | 我就知道购物商场不会吸噬你的灵魂 |
[18:48] | Hey, look at that. | 看啊 |
[18:49] | Oh, this is incredible. | 真厉害 |
[18:55] | This is like a primitive Doom. | 看上去像是初版的毁灭战士 |
[18:58] | You don’t see anything wrong with that? | 你看不出来有什么问题吗 |
[19:00] | Doom came out in 1993. | 毁灭战士是1993年发行的 |
[19:02] | All of this stuff- the 3D rendering, the first- person shooting- | 但是这个是3D建模 第一人称视角射击 |
[19:05] | were barely a glint in a geek’s eye in 1987. | 1987年的时候 还只是一个书呆子脑子里的想法 |
[19:09] | So Roger was way ahead of his time. | 所以Roger超越了他的时代 |
[19:11] | If this game had come out in 1987.. | 如果这个游戏1987年就发行了 |
[19:13] | Roger Dillon would have been a billionaire several times over. | Roger Dillon就会坐拥好几十亿了 |
[19:16] | Well, money is always a good motive for murder. | 钱永远都是一个杀人动机 |
[19:24] | Pretty sure that Sweets would say… | 我很肯定Sweets会说 |
[19:25] | a lost baseball game is not personal or revealing. | 一场输了的棒球比赛不算私事也不能算敞开心扉 |
[19:28] | Football, Bones. Okay? It’s football. | 是橄榄球 Bones 是橄榄球比赛 |
[19:31] | Oh, okay. I got one. All right, personally, between 2 people. | 我想到了 它很私人 是两个人之间的故事 |
[19:33] | Or revealing, like, uh, aha- naked. | 也很敞开 因为有裸露的部分 |
[19:36] | – Well, that’s very literal. – There was this girl… | – 很字面意思了 – 有一个女生 |
[19:38] | Karen Isley, and we were under the bleachers one night. | Karen Isley 我们有天晚上在露天座位底下 |
[19:41] | Personally. With me? | 和我单独在一起 |
[19:44] | Got it. You were having sex in the dirt under the bleachers. | 我知道了 你是想说你在露天座位底下的灰尘里做爱的事吗 |
[19:47] | Excuse me. I’m a gentleman. I brought my sleeping bag. | 我是个绅士好吗 我带了自己的睡袋 |
[19:50] | – Did you fail to perform sexually? – What? | – 你没办法做爱吗 – 什么 |
[19:51] | ‘Cause that might actually count as a humiliation. | 如果是的话 还能算是有点耻辱的故事 |
[19:54] | Will you just wait? | 你就不能等等吗 |
[19:56] | Will you just allow me to tell my story? | 就不能等我说完 |
[19:59] | – Fine. – Thank you. | – 行吧 – 谢谢你 |
[20:01] | All right, so this girl- she had this game where she would ask me a question. | 那个女生跟我玩了一个问问题的游戏 |
[20:04] | – What kind of a question? – It doesn’t matter, okay? | – 她问了什么问题 – 这不重要 |
[20:06] | So if I got the question wrong, I’d have to take off a piece of my clothing. | 如果我回答错了 就要脱一件衣服 |
[20:11] | Of course, I knew all the answers… | 当然 我其实知道答案 |
[20:12] | – but I pretended that I didn’t. – So you could take off your clothes. | – 但是我假装不知道 – 这样你就能脱衣服了 |
[20:15] | Exactly. Now, the point is, I’m standing there… | 对 重点是 我站在那里 |
[20:21] | you know, in my socks and my St. Christopher medal. | 只穿着袜子 还有脖子上的护身符 |
[20:21] | She runs off. | 她却跑了 |
[20:23] | She runs off with the sleeping bag and all of my clothes… | 她带着睡袋还有我全部的衣服 就这么跑了 |
[20:26] | and I’m standing there, stark- o. | 我就赤条条的站在那 |
[20:28] | – Well, why did she do that? – Well, I suppose she heard… | – 她为什么要这么做 – 我觉得可能是因为她听说 |
[20:31] | I was under the bleachers with another girl the week before. | 我跟另一个女孩前一周也去过露天座位底下 |
[20:34] | Okay, this is a story about sexual prowess, Booth. You’re bragging. | 这是一个关于你技术有多好的故事 Booth 你这是在吹嘘 |
[20:37] | I had to run across the campus butt naked. | 我得光着屁股跑过一整个学校 |
[20:39] | Y- You’re laughing about it now. You enjoyed displaying your penis. | 但你现在觉得这件事很好笑 你喜欢展示你的性器官 |
[20:43] | It showed “alpha male” mastery. | 这能显示出你身为阿尔法男性的优势 |
[20:45] | Only one other person knew about Brainy Smurf. | 除了你以外 只有另一个人知道智多星蓝精灵的故事 |
[20:48] | It was my mother. | 我妈妈 |
[20:49] | It was cold. Okay? It was cold. | 可是那天还很冷啊 |
[20:51] | Do you know what happens to a guy when it is cold outside? | 你知道当天气很冷的时候 一个男人身上会发生什么吗 |
[20:56] | – Hi. – Hi. Can we make this quick? | – 你好 – 你好 我们可以快点结束吗 |
[20:58] | My boss doesn’t understand why I keep leaving… | 我的老板不知道我为什么一直擅离职守 |
[20:59] | and he’s kind of a jerk, so- | 而且他人挺混蛋的 |
[21:01] | What do you know about, uh, Warstrike? | 你听说过战争来袭这个游戏吗 |
[21:04] | Wow. I haven’t heard that name in a long time. | 我很久都没听过这个名字了 |
[21:07] | We found it on a disk in the time capsule. | 我们在时间胶囊里的一张碟上找到的 |
[21:10] | – It was on Roger when he was killed. – Oh, my God. | – Roger死的时候把它带在身上 – 天啊 |
[21:12] | o you knew about it? | 所以你听说过 |
[21:14] | Yeah, but only as a drawing in his notebook. | 听过 但是我看到它的时候 它还只是笔记本上的一张图 |
[21:17] | I didn’t know he’d written a code. | 我不知道他写了游戏的代码 |
[21:19] | Yeah, well, according to an expert at the Jeffersonian… | 一个Jeffersonian的专家表示 |
[21:21] | – someone could make a lot of money off it. – We planned to. | – 有人可以用这款游戏赚大钱 – 我们是这么打算的 |
[21:23] | We were gonna start a gaming business after graduation. | 我们打算毕业以后建立游戏公司 |
[21:26] | Roger was the brains, and I was the business guy. | Roger负责研发 我就负责运营 |
[21:28] | Wait a minute. You saw the game? It worked? | 等等 你看见过那款游戏吗 它能正常运行? |
[21:31] | – If you were partners, why wouldn’t he tell you that? – He was a perfectionist. | – 如果你们是搭档 他为什么不告诉你 – 他是完美主义者 |
[21:34] | He would never show me anything until he thought it was perfect. | 他在成功前不会轻易向我展示 |
[21:37] | Maybe he was trying to make a deal with someone else. | 可能他想跟别人做交易 |
[21:39] | No. No way. | 不会的 |
[21:41] | We were partners, okay? Best friends our whole lives. | 我们是朋友 是一辈子最好的朋友 |
[21:43] | Roger would never sell me out like that. | Roger不会那样出卖我的 |
[21:47] | We were saving up to buy new computers to create a 3D rendering farm. | 我们当时在存钱买一台新电脑 那样就能做出3D渲染 |
[21:51] | Computers were expensive back then. | 电脑在那时候可不便宜 |
[21:53] | – Where were you going to get the money? – We both worked. | – 你们要从哪里得到钱 – 我们都有工作 |
[21:55] | I paved driveways, and Roger worked a shift at a roller rink. | 我给车道铺沥青 Roger在溜冰场上班 |
[21:58] | Hey, I scraped grills at a Burger Shack for 3.55 an hour. | 说到这个 我之前在汉堡店刷烤架 一个小时才3.55刀 |
[22:02] | – That’s humiliating. – Nice try. | – 这也很耻辱的 – 想得美 |
[22:05] | Roger- he made extra money tutoring that cheerleader Janelle in math. | Roger还在给啦啦队的Janelle补习数学 也能赚到钱 |
[22:09] | And he got paid to take the SATs for some cokehead hockey player. | 他还为一个吸毒的冰球运动员代考SAT |
[22:13] | The kid got into Harvard off of Roger’s scores. | 那个小孩用Roger的分数进了哈佛 |
[22:15] | Cokehead? What’s his name? | 吸毒的人 他叫什么 |
[22:17] | John Adamson. He’s a real nasty piece of work. | John Adamson 他也是个极品 |
[22:25] | Great. Thanks. | 好 谢了 |
[22:27] | John Adamson was the star hockey player at Foothill. | John Adamson是Foothill高中的明星冰球球员 |
[22:29] | He barely graduated from Harvard. Took 5 years. | 他很艰难才从哈佛毕业了 花了五年时间 |
[22:32] | He got in by cheating. He didn’t deserve to be there. | 他是靠作弊进去的 他不配读哈佛 |
[22:34] | Maybe Roger was blackmailing Adamson about the SAT scam. | 可能Roger在用代考的事勒索Adamson |
[22:38] | – So Adamson killed him? – Could a hockey skate have killed the kid? | – 所以是Adamson杀了他吗 – 冰球鞋有可能是凶器吗 |
[22:41] | I mean, Adamson’s was in the time capsule. | 因为Adamson的球鞋在胶囊里嘛 |
[22:43] | A metal skate blade could easily cut right through the jugular. | 金属制的冰球鞋可以很轻易切割颈静脉 |
[22:46] | And the edge could create a sharply defined fracture. | 边缘也能造成尖锐清晰的伤口 |
[22:49] | Well, there you go. You got a motive and a weapon. | 你看 你这不就有动机和凶器了吗 |
[22:55] | He’s at that table, waiting. | 他在桌子旁边等着 |
[23:01] | – Well, what am I supposed to do? – Grease a palm. | – 我该怎么做 – 贿赂他 |
[23:04] | John Adamson? FBI. Agent Seeley Booth. | John Adamson吗 我是FBI的Seeley Booth探员 |
[23:07] | I’d like to ask you a few questions. | 有几个问题要问你 |
[23:08] | Have a seat, Bones. | 坐吧 Bones |
[23:11] | The senator expects me to concentrate on running his campaign, Agent Booth. | 参议员希望我集中精力帮他竞选 Booth探员 |
[23:15] | – I hope this isn’t going to be a waste of my time. – Take a look at that. | – 我希望你们不要浪费我的时间 – 看看这个 |
[23:20] | Do you remember Gilbert Bates and Roger Dillon from high school? | 你记得高中同学Gilbert Bates和Roger Dillon吗 |
[23:22] | No, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 不记得了 |
[23:24] | Neither the name Gilbert Bates nor Roger Dillon means anything to me. | Roger Dillon和Gilbert Bates 这两个名字我都没印象 |
[23:28] | This boy was found inside the time capsule, dead. | 我们在时光胶囊里发现了这个男孩的尸体 |
[23:32] | – You might have heard about that. – Like I said… | – 你可能听说过这件事 – 我说了 |
[23:35] | I’ve been busy with the senator’s campaign. | 我在忙参议员竞选的事 |
[23:37] | Oh, ’cause this kid said that this guy… | 这样吗 因为这个孩子说 这个人 |
[23:40] | took the SAT for you, got you into Harvard. | 帮你考了SAT 让你进了哈佛 |
[23:45] | SATs didn’t get me into Harvard, Agent Booth. | 不是我的SAT成绩让我进的哈佛 Booth探员 |
[23:48] | My slap shot did that. | 是我的冰球赛绩让我进的 |
[23:49] | So you don’t deny that Roger Dillon took the test for you? | 所以你不否认Roger Dillon帮你代考咯 |
[23:52] | Total cooperation. | 我可是很合作的 |
[23:56] | We keep my sordid academic past in the past? | 你们居然还有我之前不光彩的学业记录 |
[24:01] | – Sure. – I paid Roger 200 bucks to take the test for me. | – 当然了 – 我给了Roger两百块 让他代考 |
[24:05] | It was a done deal. | 本来已经说好了 |
[24:06] | 2 weeks later, he comes knocking at my door, saying… | 两个星期以后他突然出现在我家门口 |
[24:08] | if I don’t cough up another 500, he’ll rat me out. | 说如果我不再加500块 就他去告发我 |
[24:12] | – Roger tell you why he needed the money? – No. | – Roger有告诉你他要钱干什么吗 – 没有 |
[24:15] | Just that a guy like me wouldn’t understand. | 他只是说 我这样的人是不会理解的 |
[24:17] | I gave him all the cash I had- | 我给了他我所有的现金 |
[24:19] | maybe 90 bucks- and my watch. | 90块左右吧 还有我的表 |
[24:22] | The watch with the hidden compartment for cocaine? | 是藏了可卡因的那只表吗 |
[24:27] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[24:38] | What? | 什么 |
[24:40] | Well, you’re a very slow reader, Dr. Sweets. | 你读东西好慢啊 Dr. Sweets |
[24:43] | I’m afraid Agent Booth’s report on | 我觉得Booth探员对Mr. Adamson的 |
[24:44] | Mr. Adamson is more revealing of Agent Booth… | 评价恐怕更多的展示了他自己的特点 |
[24:47] | – than it is of Adamson. – Really? Why? | – 而不是Adamson的特点 – 真的吗 为什么 |
[24:49] | That’s for Agent Booth to share. | 这你就要去问Booth探员了 |
[24:51] | But I’ve seen John Adamson on TV enough to know that while | 但是我在电视上看见过很多John Adamson这种人 |
[24:54] | he’s harmful to the political process | 虽然他会妨碍司法 |
[24:56] | he’s not homicidal. He’s too sensitive. | 但他不会杀人 他太敏感了 |
[24:59] | A horny, cocaine- snorting, jock party boy is sensitive? | 一个躁动 吸毒的派对动物会敏感 |
[25:03] | Yes, definitely. And emotionally immature. | 对 而且感情上也不成熟 |
[25:05] | Totally dependent upon external validation. | 很依靠外界的肯定 |
[25:07] | Cheap and greedy too. They’re always cheap and greedy. | 小气而且还贪婪 他们都是这样的 |
[25:10] | – You got all this off TV? – The point is, at the age of 17… | – 你这些都是从电视上看到的吗 – 重点是 十七岁的时候 |
[25:13] | John Adamson gave Roger Dillon money and a watch. | John Adamson给了Roger Dillon钱和他的表 |
[25:16] | If he had killed Roger, he would have taken his watch back. | 如果是他杀了Roger 他会把表拿回去的 |
[25:19] | Very convincing- the watch part anyway. | 很有说服力 关于表的那部分 |
[25:21] | All that insight into the intangible enigma of human behavior… | 你对难以捉摸的人类行为的见解 |
[25:25] | and you zone in on the banal and tangible. | 不能光注重平庸的物质 |
[25:27] | I bring more banal and tangible evidence. | 我带来了更多陈腐物质的证据 |
[25:30] | Wow. With you people, it’s really go, go, go, isn’t it? | 你们一直都这么急冲冲的吗 |
[25:33] | We’re catching murderers. | 我们要抓杀人犯的 |
[25:34] | And that is so dope, all right? | 这让我也很兴奋 |
[25:36] | I’m running up a profile right now to help. I love being in the field. | 我现在帮你们做个侧写 我很喜欢出外勤 |
[25:40] | Uh, you’re in a secure lab. | 呃 你在一间安全的实验室里 |
[25:42] | Dude, for 8 hours a day, I’m surrounded by neurotics. | 我每天有八个小时都要跟神经质的人打交道 |
[25:45] | Okay? To me, this is fieldwork. | 对我来说 帮你们忙已经算出外勤了 |
[25:50] | Uh, no offense, Dr. Brennan. I’ll finish the profile. | 没有冒犯的意思 Dr. Brennan 我现在就去完成侧写 |
[25:54] | Anyhoo, we’ve determined that the Malaoxon in the Roger stew… | 我们判断出了 Roger尸体中的马拉氧磷 |
[25:58] | was originally the common organophosphate pesticide malathion before it broke down. | 是一种常见的有机磷酸酯杀虫剂的原料 |
[26:03] | – How common? – There was this 1980s | – 这种杀虫剂有多常见 – 这是1980年代蚊子引起的恐慌 |
[26:05] | mosquito panic, and malathion was sprayed everywhere. | 当时到处都在喷杀虫剂 |
[26:07] | Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services says… | 维吉尼亚农业部和消费者服务处 |
[26:10] | there was a quadrant bordering Foothill High School… | 说当时有一队人在Foothill高中附近喷洒杀虫剂 |
[26:13] | that was sprayed at 7:45 p. m. on Thursday, June 14, 1987. | 具体时间是1987年6月14号晚上7:45 |
[26:18] | Whoa. Why did they keep such detailed records? | 为什么他们的记录这么详细 |
[26:22] | Spraying aerial neurotoxins in an attempt to kill creatures that outlive atomic bombs… | 以杀害昆虫的名义往空气中喷洒神经毒素 |
[26:26] | tends to make bureaucrats consider possible lawsuits. | 可能会让官僚们卷入官司 |
[26:29] | I guess. | 我猜的 |
[26:30] | – It’s a housing development. – Yes, but in 1987, it was mostly a swamp. | – 是房产开发区 – 但是在1987年 这里几乎只能叫一片沼泽 |
[26:35] | The development was under construction. There were only a few finished homes. | 这个开发区当时还在建 只有几栋建成的房子 |
[26:38] | Could the wind have blown the insecticide onto Roger? | 会是风把杀虫剂吹到Roger身上的吗 |
[26:40] | In this concentration, Roger had to have been wading right through the middle of it. | 如果要达到这个浓度 Roger就得正好站在沼泽的正中间 |
[26:44] | – Why would he do that? – There’s only one reason. | – 他为什么会在沼泽里呢 – 只会是一个原因 |
[26:46] | – A girl. – What are you basing that on? | – 肯定跟女生有关 – 你是根据什么得出的结论 |
[26:49] | I was a boy. | 因为我是男的 |
[26:51] | And I searched the 1987 real estate records. | 而且我查了一下1987年的房产记录 |
[26:54] | Guess who lived in one of the only finished houses. | 你猜谁刚好住在唯一一栋建成的房子里 |
[26:57] | Janelle Brown, head cheerleader. | Janelle Brown 那个拉拉队队长 |
[26:59] | – He was tutoring her in math. – Exactly. | – 他在教她数学 – 对啊 |
[27:01] | Why would he wade through a swamp to get to the house? | 为什么他会从沼泽里走过去 |
[27:05] | – There had to be roads. – It was quicker. She was a cheerleader. | – 当时肯定有路的 – 走沼泽快一点 她毕竟是拉拉队的 |
[27:08] | She was hot. He couldn’t wait. | 她很性感 他等不及要见到她了 |
[27:11] | It’s the boy thing again. | 因为我是男生 所以我知道 |
[27:14] | Or maybe he was peeping through her window. | 或者他也可能在从窗户外偷窥她 |
[27:16] | Could have been a peeper. | 他有可能是个偷窥狂 |
[27:18] | Uh, Dr. Hodgins? | 呃 Dr. Hodgins |
[27:20] | Do boys change after high school? | 男生在高中毕业以后会改变吗 |
[27:23] | Only on the outside. | 只在外表上会有改变 |
[27:36] | Whoever thought hair like that looked good? | 谁会觉得这样的发型好看啊 |
[27:38] | Hey, check this out. | 来看看 |
[27:40] | – This is weird, right? – It’s a yearbook. | – 很奇怪吧 – 这是本年鉴 |
[27:42] | It’s supposed to be weird- and humiliating. | 本来就应该是有点奇怪又令人羞耻的 |
[27:45] | Yeah, but this is the Hall of Fame section. | 但是这是年鉴里荣誉堂的部分 |
[27:47] | It’s usually “Best Smile” and “Most Likely to Succeed.” | 一般在上面的人都是最美微笑或者最有可能成功的人 |
[27:52] | This is “Most Likely to Get Head Stuck Up Own Ass.” | 这个上面却是 最有可能成为傻蛋的人 |
[27:55] | And “Best Rack.” | 还有最美胸部 |
[27:57] | And “Most Likely to Die of VD”. Wait. | 还有 最有可能死于性病的人 |
[27:59] | Wait. Somebody put a prank version of the yearbook in the capsule… | 等等 有人把恶作剧版本的年鉴放进了胶囊里 |
[28:03] | – to embarrass everyone 20 years later? – Yep. | – 就为了二十年以后让别人难堪吗 – 对 |
[28:05] | Look at this. “Brought to you by Gruff & Grim.” | 看这里 Gruff和Grim倾情呈现 |
[28:10] | So we’re looking for 2 kids who put a yearbook and a body into the time capsule. | 所以我们在找两个把一本年鉴和一具尸体放进胶囊里的小孩 |
[28:17] | Okay, Bones, so there was this girl. Okay? Sherai Bellapini. Sherai, Sherai. | Bones 我想到了 有一个叫Sherai Bellapini的女孩 |
[28:22] | She was the coolest, hottest girl in high school. | 她是学校里性感 最酷的女孩 |
[28:25] | I wanted to ask her to my junior prom. | 我想邀请她跟我一起去参加高三的舞会 |
[28:26] | – So I bribed the suck- up who did the morning announcements- – Suck- up? | – 所以我贿赂了那个早上做演讲的马屁精 – 什么是马屁精 |
[28:29] | You know, the kids who did anything to please the teachers. | 就是总想着讨好老师的那种小孩 |
[28:32] | So I get on the loudspeaker, and I ask her to prom. | 所以我上台 对着麦克风邀请她跟我去舞会 |
[28:35] | Uh- huh. | 然后呢 |
[28:37] | – On the loudspeaker. – This is your embarrassing story? | – 对着麦克风诶 – 这就是你的尴尬故事吗 |
[28:41] | – On the loudspeaker. – Yeah. | – 对着麦克风啊 – 好吧 |
[28:43] | – I got laughed at for weeks. – Did she go with you to the prom? | – 我被嘲笑了好几周呢 – 她跟你去舞会了吗 |
[28:46] | – Sure. – Okay. This is merely another story… | – 当然啦 – 这又是一个 |
[28:50] | of victory and sexual conquest. | 关于你的胜利和性征服的故事 |
[28:52] | Look, Bones, they laughed at me. | Bones 我被嘲笑了 |
[28:54] | Okay? Laughing has got to count for something. | 这总算得上羞辱吧 |
[28:56] | There’s no public humiliation in that story, Booth. | 这件事没有任何当众羞辱的地方 Booth |
[28:59] | – You don’t even know what public humiliation is. – Hi. | – 你都不知道什么叫当众羞辱 – 你好 |
[29:02] | – Ah, Ms. Stinson. Special Agent Booth. – Was your name… | – Ms. Stinson 我是特别探员Booth – 你高中的时候 |
[29:06] | – Janelle Brown in high school? – Yes. | – 是叫Janelle Brown吗 – 对 |
[29:08] | – Mind if we come in and ask you a few questions? – Of course. Yeah. Come in. | – 你介意我们进来问你几个问题吗 – 当然不介意 进来吧 |
[29:14] | Look at her. I wish I was Janelle Brown again. | 看看当时的我 我多希望我能回到过去 |
[29:19] | At least, parts of me do. You know what I mean. | 起码有一部分的我是这么想的 你知道我什么意思的 |
[29:22] | – You lived at 224. Green Gates Crescent? – Yeah. | – 你之前住在格林盖茨克雷桑224号吗 – 对 |
[29:25] | Just a few blocks from here. | 离这里只有几个街区 |
[29:26] | – It backed on to a swamp. – Yeah. I was scared of that swamp as a little girl. | – 它是建在沼泽上的 – 对啊 我小时候特别怕那片沼泽 |
[29:31] | How well did you know Roger Dillon? | 你之前跟Roger Dillon熟吗 |
[29:33] | Oh, I don’t know. He was my math tutor. | 我不知道算不算熟 他是我的数学家教 |
[29:35] | And, well, math wasn’t really my thing, so I needed a lot of help, and, | 我并不擅长数学 所以我需要帮助 |
[29:39] | well, he kind of developed a crush on me. | 然后他好像变得有点喜欢我 |
[29:43] | He was actually kind of cute, in a nonjock way. | 他其实还挺可爱的 跟那堆运动员不一样 |
[29:46] | You know, sweet. Oh. He loved The Cure. | 就是挺可爱的 他很喜欢治疗 |
[29:49] | – For what? What did he have? – It’s a band, Bones. | – 什么的治疗 他得了什么病 – 治疗是一个乐队的名字 Bones |
[29:53] | That’s- that’s- that’s a band. | 是乐队啊 |
[29:55] | Uh, did he tutor you at your place? | 他是在你家教你吗 |
[29:57] | Uh- huh. My place or the library. Usually my place. | 对 我家或者图书馆 一般在我家 |
[30:00] | I think he liked it there. You know, his own place wasn’t very nice. | 我觉得他挺喜欢待在我家的 因为他家不是特别好 |
[30:04] | Do you remember seeing him on, uh, June 14, 1987? | 你在1987年6月14号见到过他吗 |
[30:08] | – Mom? – Uh, I’m in here, honey. | – 妈妈 – 我在这里 亲爱的 |
[30:10] | It would have been the last day of school. | 那天是呆在学校的最后一天 |
[30:12] | – I’m going to Pete’s. – Okay. | – 我要去Pete家 – 去吧 |
[30:14] | – What’s goin’ on? – These people are with the FBI. | – 怎么回事 – 这些是FBI的人 |
[30:17] | They’re investigating the time capsule murder. | 他们在调查时间胶囊谋杀案 |
[30:20] | Nothing to worry about. Your parents were just friends of the victim. | 别担心 你的父母只是受害人的朋友而已 |
[30:24] | – Well, that sucks. – Yeah. Honey, why don’t you go to Pete’s? | – 真糟糕 – 亲爱的 你去Pete家吧 |
[30:33] | If you’re gonna be late, just give me a call. | 如果你会晚回来 给我打个电话 |
[30:35] | – ‘Cause you have your cell phone, right? – I have it. | – 你带了手机对吧 – 带了 |
[30:38] | – Okay. – What are you doing? | – 好 – 你在干什么 |
[30:40] | – See you later, Mom. – Okay. | – 晚点见 妈妈 – 好 |
[30:42] | You know, I think I actually did see Roger on the last day of school. | 我觉得我在最后一天看见过Roger的 |
[30:47] | – Why? – Like I said, he was my tutor. | – 为什么 – 因为他是我的家教 |
[30:50] | Why would he come to your house on the last day of school? | 那他为什么要最后一天来你家 |
[30:52] | Honestly? He brought me my graded final… | 老实说的话 他给我带了我的成绩单 |
[30:55] | but he’d have used any excuse. | 但是他为了见我什么理由都会用的 |
[30:57] | I didn’t encourage him, but- | 我没有鼓励过他这种行为 但是 |
[31:01] | High school was so long ago. None of us is the same person. | 高中毕竟是很久之前了 我们都变了 |
[31:05] | I’m sorry Roger ended up that way… | 我很抱歉Roger的下场是那样的 |
[31:08] | but after he dropped off my final, I never saw him again, so- | 但是他把我的成绩单留下以后 我就没再见到他了 |
[31:13] | – Well, uh- – Thank you, Ms. Stinson. | – 呃 那 – 谢谢你 Ms. Stinson |
[31:15] | Oh, yes. Uh- huh. Of course. | 没什么 应该的 |
[31:19] | Could you please call up Terry Stinson from the Foothill yearbook? | 你能在Foothill的年鉴里找出Terry Stinson吗 |
[31:25] | Track team… | 田径队员 |
[31:26] | vice president of the student council, runner- up for Mr. Popularity. | 学生会副主席 最受欢迎先生的第二名 |
[31:30] | – Where does it say that? – It’s the type, sweetie. | – 你从哪里看出来的 – 是他给我的印象 亲爱的 |
[31:32] | He’s Mr. Second Best. | 他就是第二受欢迎的人 |
[31:34] | It’s kind of like when you want Brad Pitt… | 有点像你想要布拉德·皮特的时候 |
[31:37] | and you get Matthew McConnaughey. | 却得到了马修·麦康纳 |
[31:39] | Pull up the photo of his son Alex. | 调出一下他儿子Alex的照片 |
[31:41] | Alex Stinson shows 3 classic examples of Mendelion inheritance. | Alex Stinson的长相显示出了三个孟德尔遗传定律中的特点 |
[31:45] | A cheek dimple on the left side… | 左脸有酒窝 |
[31:48] | cleft chin and detached earlobes. | 下巴稍微分开 耳垂也离耳朵很远 |
[31:50] | Distinct facial features, wide- set eyes… | 很明显的面部特点 眼距宽 |
[31:53] | asymmetrical nostrils. | 不对称的鼻孔 |
[31:55] | Just like his dad. | 跟他爸一样 |
[31:57] | He’s nothing like his dad. | 他一点也不像他父亲 |
[32:02] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[32:03] | Could you please replace Terry Stinson with Roger Dillon? | 你能把Terry Stinson的照片换成Roger Dillon的吗 |
[32:11] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[32:14] | 20 years ago, Terry Stinson finds out… | 二十年前 Terry Stinson发现 |
[32:16] | that Roger Dillon has sex with his girlfriend. | Roger Dillon和自己的女朋友做爱了 |
[32:19] | And he kills him. | 他就杀了他 |
[32:28] | Of course we’ll take a DNA test. | 我们当然会做DNA检测的 |
[32:29] | You realize, in a murder investigation, we can’t rule anything out. | 在谋杀调查中 我们什么线索都不能放过 |
[32:32] | Did you know that it was possible that Alex was not your biological son? | 你知道Alex可能不是你的亲生儿子吗 |
[32:36] | What? | 什么 |
[32:41] | – Is it possible? – Is it? | – 有这个可能吗 – 有吗 |
[32:47] | Can I answer that after the DNA test? | 我能在DNA测试完以后回答这个问题吗 |
[32:52] | – I guess I just did. – So you didn’t know? | – 我猜我已经回答了 – 所以你不知道吗 |
[32:56] | Terry didn’t know. | Terry不知情 |
[32:57] | Alex was born on January 7, 1988. | Alex是1988年1月7日出生的 |
[33:02] | I don’t believe this. | 我不相信 |
[33:06] | That means you were pregnant in the spring already. | 也就是说你在春天就已经怀孕了 |
[33:09] | You just wanted me to believe that the baby was mine? | 你只是想让我相信他是我的孩子 |
[33:12] | No. No. | 不是的 |
[33:15] | I wanted the baby inside me to be yours. | 我想让他成为你的孩子 |
[33:19] | I don’t get this. Roger- what- | 我不懂 Roger |
[33:22] | But he was- | 但是他… |
[33:23] | Why did you sleep with Roger? | 你为什么跟他睡 |
[33:26] | He was sweet. I knew he was nuts about me. | 因为他很可爱 我知道他为我着迷 |
[33:29] | I liked feeling special. | 我喜欢感受到自己很特别 |
[33:32] | – Let’s face it, Terry. Back then you were that guy. – What guy? | – 面对事实吧 Terry 你当时是那种人 – 哪种人 |
[33:35] | The guy who did anything he wanted. | 随心所欲的人 |
[33:38] | You didn’t need me. | 你不需要我 |
[33:43] | Roger- he came over that day. He came through the swamp. | Roger那天来我家 他从沼泽走过来的 |
[33:46] | He was filthy. His father had just beaten him up. | 他身上很脏 他爸刚打了他一顿 |
[33:48] | Ms. Stinson, did you tell Roger that he had gotten you pregnant? | Ms. Stinson 你告诉Roger你怀了他的孩子吗 |
[33:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[33:55] | He wanted to marry me. | 他想娶我 |
[33:56] | He said he could get the money for us to go away together.. | 他说他能拿到足够让我们远走高飞的钱 |
[34:00] | but I told him I didn’t want to. | 但是我告诉他我不想 |
[34:01] | I was back with you by then. | 我那时候又跟你复合了 |
[34:05] | Only you. | 我只爱你 |
[34:07] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[34:09] | When I told you I was pregnant, you were so happy. | 我告诉你我怀孕了的时候 你看起来很开心 |
[34:11] | It’s when I knew that you loved me. That you weren’t that guy. | 那时候我就知道你爱我 你不是那种人 |
[34:14] | That we could have a great life together. | 我们可以过上美好生活 |
[34:17] | – And we did. – I’m sorry. | – 我们的生活也确实很美满 – 对不起 |
[34:20] | – I had to borrow one of your pictures. – You stole that. | – 我不得不借一张你家里的照片 – 你是偷的 |
[34:23] | – What do you think happened to Roger? – I don’t know. | – 你觉得Roger发生了什么事 – 我不知道 |
[34:25] | He had the money. He was never happy here. | 他有钱 又不喜欢呆在这里 |
[34:28] | I figured that he just took off by himself. | 我觉得他可能是自己走了 |
[34:34] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[34:37] | I always wanted to tell you the truth, but I just- | 我总是想告诉你 但是我… |
[34:40] | I just couldn’t figure out how to tell you that Alex wasn’t yours. | 我不知道要怎么开口说Alex不是你的孩子 |
[34:50] | Alex is my son. | Alex是我的孩子 |
[34:52] | We are a family. | 我们是一个家庭 |
[35:07] | Well, the murder happened at night, on a high school playing field. | 谋杀是在晚上 操场上发生的 |
[35:10] | Not a likely place to find adults. | 不太可能会有成年人 |
[35:11] | Plus, teenagers are dominated by their IDs, which make them act irrationally. | 而且青少年会受身份的控制 所以他们会有不理性的行为 |
[35:16] | Physiologically, their judgment’s impaired… | 生理学上说 他们的判断是被 |
[35:19] | – by an incomplete frontal lobe. – You’re- what? | – 没有发育完全的额叶削弱了 – 你呢 |
[35:21] | 22, right? How’s your frontal lobe? | 你二十二岁了吧 你的额叶怎么样 |
[35:24] | Almost there? | 发育好了吗 |
[35:27] | Again, a hectoring tone. I- | 你一副吓唬的语气 |
[35:29] | – I’m sorry. Just keep going. – All right, there was no sexual assault, no theft. | – 抱歉 你继续说吧 – 好吧 没有被性侵和抢劫的迹象 |
[35:32] | The watch and other effects were still on him… | 手表和其他财物都还在他身上 |
[35:35] | further indications that this was just a rash and youthful act. | 更加说明了杀人是很突然而且是年轻人干的事 |
[35:38] | – Right, right. That’s good, for a kid. – This is guesswork, Booth. | – 好吧 对于一个小孩说这挺好的 – 这只是臆测 Booth |
[35:40] | It’s a logical interpretation of subjective analysis… | 这是一个十分擅长他的领域的专家 |
[35:43] | by a highly intelligent expert in his field actually. | 经过客观分析 得出来的结果 |
[35:46] | The killer knew the exact date the time capsule… | 凶手知道时间胶囊在什么时候 |
[35:49] | would be opened when he put the victim in there. | 是开着的 他就可以把尸体放进去 |
[35:50] | He’s been waiting 20 years for that body to be found… | 他等了二十年 等尸体被发现 |
[35:54] | so he could reconcile himself with his past and finally pay for his crime. | 这样他就能与过去和解 为他的罪行付出代价 |
[35:58] | Like Terry Stinson. | 就像Terry Stinson一样 |
[35:59] | No. | 不是的 |
[36:00] | I think you’re looking for someone who’s been punishing himself for years- | 我觉得你要找的人应该惩罚了自己很多年 |
[36:06] | someone self- destructive, working far below his potential. | 有自毁倾向 工作内容远远低于他的潜力 |
[36:09] | – Why didn’t he just confess? – Most likely he has, in some way, Agent Booth. | – 为什么他不承认罪行呢 – 他有可能已经承认过了 Booth探员 |
[36:13] | The question is, were you listening? | 问题是 你有没有听出来 |
[36:15] | Agent Booth is an incredibly good listener. | Booth探员是一个很好的倾听者 |
[36:17] | I really am. It’s my strength. | 真的 倾听是我的强项 |
[36:19] | Then perhaps, uh… | 那可能 |
[36:23] | the time capsule was just a convenient place to stash a body. | 时间胶囊恰好是绝佳的藏尸处吧 |
[36:26] | You know, profiling’s not an exact science. | 侧写并不是一门精确的科学 |
[36:28] | But I hope I’m right. | 但我希望我是对的 |
[36:30] | I really want to tell my girlfriend I helped catch a murderer. | 我真的很想跟我女朋友说我帮忙抓住了一个杀人犯 |
[36:33] | Be a good night for me. | 这样我就会有一个愉快的夜晚 |
[36:40] | The textural stain on the undersurface of Roger’s mandible… | Roger下颌骨下面的印子 |
[36:44] | – was liquid petroleum. – An oil product? | – 是液体汽油 – 是石油产品吗 |
[36:46] | I know, I know. Dead common, right? But I did some further analysis. | 我知道石油产品真的很常见 但是我做了进一步的分析 |
[36:50] | I found that there were microscopic particles… | 我发现有一些花岗岩的 |
[36:52] | of granite embedded in the petroleum. | 极小微粒浸没在汽油里 |
[36:54] | Also all over the broken seals of the time capsule. | 时间胶囊损坏的封条上也有这种微粒 |
[36:56] | Definitely not John Adamson’s ice skate. | 凶器绝对不是John Adamson的冰球鞋 |
[36:58] | Yeah, not unless he skated on asphalt. | 除非他是在沥青上滑冰的 |
[37:01] | 20 years ago, what I’m seeing as petroleum was asphalt. | 我现在看到的石油制品就是二十年以前的沥青 |
[37:04] | – It was driven into Roger’s bone with a flat, metal- – An asphalt shovel. | – 它是被扁的金属 带进Roger的骨头里的 – 凶器是沥青铲 |
[37:09] | – Yeah. – Gil Bates worked paving driveways. | – 对 – Gil Bates是铺车道的 |
[37:15] | Roger was my best friend. | Roger是我最好的朋友 |
[37:18] | – Gruff & Grim, right? – Like, who was who? | – 你们之前有个假名叫Gruff和Grim 对吧 – 你们谁是哪个呢 |
[37:21] | I was Gruff. Roger was Grim. | 我是Gruff Roger是Grim |
[37:24] | So you went out to the field that night… | 所以你那天晚上去了操场 |
[37:26] | – to plant the yearbook in the time capsule. – Right. | – 去把恶搞年鉴放进胶囊里 – 对 |
[37:29] | Surprise everyone 20 years down the line. | 想要吓唬一下二十年以后打开胶囊的众人 |
[37:31] | You dug up the capsule, and you broke the seal with the asphalt shovel. | 你把胶囊挖出来 用沥青铲打开了封条 |
[37:35] | Your amigo, Grim- He wanted his money back? | 你的伙伴 Grim 是想跟你把钱要回来吗 |
[37:38] | The money that you’d earmarked for your business- | 你们约定好用来开公司的钱 |
[37:41] | – all those computers that were going to make you rich? – You couldn’t do that, Gruff. | – 用来买电脑的钱 – 你做不到 Gruff |
[37:44] | You couldn’t give Grim back the money. | 你不能把钱还给Grim |
[37:47] | – Could you stop using those names. – Did he tell you that it was for Janelle Brown? | – 不要再用这两个名字了 – 他跟你说了钱是给Janelle Brown的吗 |
[37:50] | I bet he did. I bet old Grim said, “I’m sorry, Gruff… | 我觉得他肯定说了 Grim会说 对不起Gruff |
[37:53] | but there’s this girl, and our plans- they’re dumped.” | 我认识了一个女孩 我们的计划作废吧 |
[37:55] | I asked you to just stop using the names. | 我叫你别用了 |
[37:57] | But then Grim said, “You know what? My dream has changed. | 但是Grim说 我的梦想已经改变了 |
[37:59] | You and me, Grim & Gruff”‘- “We’re finished.” | 我们的故事 就到此为止吧 |
[38:01] | Stop it! You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 别说了 你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[38:03] | We don’t know what? | 那事情的真相是什么 |
[38:07] | Did he tell you it was because she was pregnant? | 他告诉你她怀孕了吗 |
[38:13] | He should have told you. You would have understood. | 他应该告诉你的 这样你就能理解了 |
[38:17] | Understood what? | 理解什么 |
[38:18] | Janelle was pregnant with Roger’s son. | Janelle怀了Roger的孩子 |
[38:23] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[38:26] | He didn’t say. He just said that he loved her. | 他没说 他只说他爱她 |
[38:29] | I told him- I told him how stupid that was. | 我告诉他这有多蠢 |
[38:33] | I said that she’d never look at someone like him… | 我说像她这样的女生 是永远不会正眼瞧他的 |
[38:37] | and he got all pissed, and then he hit me. | 他变得很生气 然后打了我 |
[38:40] | And I just- I went and I picked up the shovel, and I just- | 我就把铲子捡起来 然后… |
[38:45] | I just jabbed. | 敲了他一下 |
[38:49] | It was an accident. It was just a jab. | 那是次意外 我只是敲了一下 |
[38:55] | He held his neck, and he went- He went all white. | 他托着自己的脖子 然后他…他失血过多 |
[39:00] | The wound severed both his jugular and his carotid. | 他的颈动脉和乳突都被伤到了 |
[39:05] | He would have died quickly. | 他会很快死去 |
[39:07] | He did. | 他确实是的 |
[39:08] | I held him and I told him I was sorry. | 我抱着他 告诉他我很抱歉 |
[39:12] | He knew that I didn’t mean it. | 他知道我不是故意的 |
[39:16] | I loved the guy. | 我很爱他的 |
[39:22] | He has a kid? | 他有孩子吗 |
[39:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:26] | I hope I get the chance to tell him about his father. | 我希望我能有机会跟他谈一谈他的父亲 |
[39:44] | All right, there was this kid- junior year. | 好吧 有一个小孩 他是高三的 |
[39:47] | Okay, is this gonna be another story where… | 所以这也是一个你以为 |
[39:49] | you think you were humiliated, but you were actually were not? | 很丢人 但其实并不丢人的故事吗 |
[39:52] | Just listen to me. This kid. Junior year. Harlan Kinny. | 你听着就好了 有一个高中三年级的小孩 叫Harlan Kinney |
[39:56] | He was one of those real weird, | 他是那种看起来 |
[39:59] | you know, looking kids. | 特别怪的小孩 |
[40:01] | He had this big Adam’s apple stickin’ out. | 他的喉结很突出 |
[40:04] | And he wore his dad’s clothes to school. | 他穿他爸爸的衣服上学 |
[40:06] | You know, with the whole stretchy belt around his waist. | 所以就要在腰上系那种腰带 |
[40:09] | – What’s wrong with that? It’s practical. – You’re not listening. | – 这有什么 这很正常啊 – 你没有认真听 |
[40:11] | He was one of those real superior types. | 他是那种成绩特别好的人 |
[40:15] | Always talking out of a thesaurus. | 总是说一些很高深的词 |
[40:17] | And one day he came up to me and a bunch of my buddies… | 有一天他找上我和我的一些朋友 |
[40:20] | and he called us a bunch of philistines. | 他说我们是一堆庸人 |
[40:22] | – You know what that means, right? – Yeah. | – 你知道这个词是什么意思吧 – 我知道 |
[40:24] | A philistine is a smug, ignorant person… | 是指自大 高傲的人 |
[40:26] | who is antagonistic toward higher thought and intelligence. | 不喜欢接触高级的思想和智慧 |
[40:29] | I didn’t know what that meant until I looked it up. | 我查字典之前一直不知道那是什么意思 |
[40:31] | I told Kinny, “Look, I’m not ‘Philistine.’ I’m Catholic.” | 我跟Kinney说 我不是庸人 我是天主教徒 |
[40:39] | – That’s pretty close to humiliation. – No, that’s embarrassing. | – 这确实挺丢人的 – 这只是有点尴尬 |
[40:42] | – That’s not the humiliating part. – Oh. | – 还没到丢人的地方 – 噢 |
[40:44] | My buddy picked Kinny up and… | 我的朋友抓起Kinney |
[40:47] | dangled him over the stairway. | 然后把他挂在楼梯上 |
[40:51] | You know, he begged and cried, and everyone laughed. | 他哭着求我们放过他 所有人都笑了 |
[40:54] | – How is this about you? – I laughed. | – 这跟你有什么关系 – 我也笑了 |
[41:00] | – I don’t understand. – I could have stopped it. | – 我不明白 – 我本来能够制止的 |
[41:03] | I could have stepped in and helped the kid out. | 我本来能插手然后帮那个孩子一把的 |
[41:05] | Instead, I- I didn’t. | 但是我…我没有 |
[41:08] | I chose my side, and it was the wrong side. | 我选择了我的立场 但是我选错了 |
[41:10] | So you were humiliated because you didn’t act like a hero? | 你觉得很丢人是因为你没表现得像个英雄吗 |
[41:17] | Fine. Fine. You know what? | 好吧 但是你要知道 |
[41:19] | I’m perfect. My life was perfect. | 在这件事之前 我的生活很完美 |
[41:21] | It’s a good story, okay? It’s a bad one. | 这个故事很好 但是它并不是好事 |
[41:24] | Um, it’s both, I guess. | 可能好坏兼有吧 |
[41:27] | – I mean, I get it. – Yeah? | – 我能明白 – 真的吗 |
[41:30] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[41:32] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[41:35] | You evolved… | 你进化了 |
[41:37] | and evolution is very impressive. | 进化是很令人印象深刻的 |
[41:40] | And that is definitely not nothing. | 而且那里明明就有东西 |
[41:41] | – This? – Did you bring that for me? | – 你说这个吗 – 是给我的吗 |
[41:45] | – No. – Good, because it’s the wrong Smurf. | – 不是 – 那就好 因为这个蓝精灵是错的 |
[41:47] | I liked Smurfette. That’s Brainy Smurf. | 我喜欢蓝妹妹 但这个是蓝精灵里的智多星 |
[41:50] | Smurfette was stupid, shallow Smurf, who only had her looks. | 蓝妹妹是一个愚蠢 浅薄的蓝精灵 她只在乎自己的外表 |
[41:56] | Look, you’re better than Smurfette. | 你比蓝妹妹好多了 |
[41:58] | You have your looks and a whole lot more. | 你不仅长得好看还有很多别的长处 |
[42:05] | You did bring that for me… | 你把这个带过来 |
[42:07] | to charm me in case… I didn’t find your humiliation story impressive… | 是怕万一我觉得你的故事不丢人 |
[42:11] | but I did, so- | 但是挺让我印象深刻的 |
[42:14] | So I did impress you. | 我确实给你留下深刻印象了 |
[42:16] | That’s what “impressive” means, dummy. | 这就是留下深刻印象的意思啊 傻瓜 |
[42:19] | You’re such a philistine. | 你真是个平庸的人 |
[42:21] | I tell you what. You can hold on to this… | 这样吧 你留着这个 |
[42:24] | and it will remind you how far I’ve come. | 它就可以提醒你我从过去到现在变了多少 |
[42:31] | I forgive you for snorting, Booth. | 我原谅你对我的轻蔑了 Booth |
[42:33] | Evolution is a long, long process. It takes hundreds of years. | 进化是一个很长时间的过程 得要好几百年呢 |
[42:38] | Thousands. | 是几千年 |
[42:41] | Why do you have to always correct me? | 为什么你总要纠正我 |
[42:45] | To help you evolve. | 为了帮助你进化 |