时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Bones, you are not gonna believe this one. | Bones 你肯定不会相信的 |
[00:04] | You said that about the guy who was stuffed inside a huge truck tire. | 上次在卡车轮子里发现那个人时 你也是这样说的 |
[00:07] | – I believed that. – Yeah, that was a good one. | – 那次我就能相信 – 那次是很怪 |
[00:09] | But this is a whole new level of weird. | 但是这次更加怪异 |
[00:16] | – Whoa. I don’t believe it. – What’d I tell you? | – 我真不敢相信 – 我就说吧 |
[00:20] | – How could this happen? – Whoa. | – 怎么会发生这种事 – 呃 |
[00:22] | Well, um, maybe he was rolled up in a carpet. | 可能他被卷在地毯里了 |
[00:26] | Where’s the carpet? | 那地毯在哪里 |
[00:28] | Well, it rotted away, you know, with the meaty parts. | 它可能腐烂了 就跟这个人的肉身一样 |
[00:33] | What? | 你笑什么 |
[00:34] | – It’s possible. – That- | – 这是有可能的 – 那… |
[00:36] | That would’ve- that would’ve taken thousands of years. | 那个过程至少需要上千年 |
[00:42] | Um- uh, the bones should be in a pile. | 骨头应该是堆在一起的 |
[00:46] | But something is holding them together, and- | 但是有东西在支撑这些骨头 |
[00:50] | What is with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[00:52] | “Rolled in a carpet”.”Meaty parts”. | “卷在地毯里””肉身部分” |
[00:56] | Excuse me? | 打扰一下 |
[01:00] | What is so funny? | 什么这么好笑 |
[01:02] | – Nothing. – I should hope not… | – 没什么 – 希望如此 |
[01:04] | because there’s a dead body deserving of respect right in front of you. | 因为你面前有一具尸体 而且它值得被尊敬 |
[01:07] | What happened to him? | 他怎么了 |
[01:11] | – I did not know she could laugh. – What are you doing at the crime scene? | – 我不知道她还会笑 – 你在犯罪现场干嘛 |
[01:14] | – Dr. Brennan is suspended from all crime- related duties. – What? | – Dr. Brennan现在不能参与破案 – 什么 |
[01:19] | – For laughing at Booth? – That really doesn’t bother me. | – 就因为我嘲笑Booth吗 – 我又不在意 |
[01:21] | We have a date for your father’s murder trial. | 你父亲的谋杀案审判日已经定下来了 |
[01:24] | Booth is the arresting officer. You can’t work together until it’s over. | Booth是逮捕人 直到案子完结之前你们都不能一起工作 |
[01:28] | – This is not necessary. – They don’t need to separate us. | – 没必要这样 – 不用把我们分开 |
[01:30] | – I’m very compartmentalized. – Very compartmentalized. | – 我是一个独立的个体 – 她非常独立 |
[01:33] | Take it up with the FBI, chéri. | 你有意见去找FBI吧 亲爱的 |
[01:41] | Well, that sucks. | 真糟糕 |
[01:45] | – This one looked really interesting. – Yeah. | – 这个案子看上去很有意思的 – 可不是吗 |
[01:47] | Really, really interesting. I’ll let you know what happens. | 真的很有意思 我会告诉你进展的 |
[01:51] | You’re not gonna solve it without me. | 你没了我可破不了案 |
[02:00] | I mean, there’s no use in doing partners therapy when we aren’t partners. | 既然我们不是搭档了 还有什么必要做搭档心理治疗 |
[02:03] | – What? You split up? – No, we got split up. | – 什么 你们分开了吗 – 我们是被分开的 |
[02:06] | – The FBI says we can’t work together. – Why? | – FBI说我们不能一起工作 – 为什么 |
[02:09] | – Brennan’s dad murdered the deputy director of the FBI. – His trial begins next week. | – Brennan的父亲谋杀了FBI副局长 – 他的审判定在下周 |
[02:12] | – I should’ve been informed. – Of the trial? Why? | – 他们应该告诉我的 – 为什么要告诉你审判的事 |
[02:14] | Because Sweets did the psychological profile on Max for the prosecution. | 因为Sweets在起诉过程中要为Max做心理侧写 |
[02:18] | – Why didn’t you tell me before? – Why is that important to you? | – 为什么你之前不告诉我 – 为什么你会在意这个 |
[02:21] | Sweets, no therapy. | Sweets 现在不是治疗的时候 |
[02:23] | Didn’t I just- Listen. | 我刚刚不是才…听着 |
[02:24] | Because while it would matter to, say, a normal person… | 因为这对一般人来说很重要 |
[02:27] | I just figured you wouldn’t care. | 我觉得你不会在意 |
[02:29] | – You’re absolutely right. – Dr. Brennan… | – 你说得对 – Dr. Brennan |
[02:31] | everyone you work with, including your therapist- | 每个和你一起工作的人 包括你的治疗师 |
[02:34] | Former therapist. | 是前治疗师 |
[02:35] | is endeavoring to imprison your father. | 正在努力把你父亲送进监狱 |
[02:38] | That’s wicked stressful. | 这很诡异 而且会让你很有压力 |
[02:39] | Booth is right. It doesn’t bother me. | Booth说得对 我一点也没受影响 |
[02:41] | No. Booth is wrong. Yes, it does. | Booth错了 你受影响了 |
[02:43] | May I suggest that this is a golden opportunity… | 我友善地提醒你 这是一个让你感受 |
[02:46] | for you to feel a situation rather than simply rationalize it? | 一件事而不是把它理性化的大好机会 |
[02:49] | – I’m fine. – If you were, you’d be balled up in the corner weeping… | – 我没事 – 如果你没事 你就会缩在角落流泪 |
[02:53] | – or semi- catatonic. – Does that sound fine to you? | – 或者精神紧张 – 这听上去正常吗 |
[02:55] | I’m sorry. I’m gonna have to agree with Sweets on this one. | 抱歉 我觉得这次我跟Sweets意见一致 |
[02:57] | I think it’s important that you know that we know… | 我觉得 你应该知道 我们都明白 |
[02:59] | that the colder and more objective you appear on the outside… | 你表面看起来越客观冷静 |
[03:04] | – the more pain you’re feeling on the inside. – I’m fine. | – 你心里越痛苦 – 我真的没事 |
[03:07] | No, you’re not. | 不 你有事 |
[03:09] | Well, Sweets, I’m- | Sweets 我 |
[03:11] | I’m gonna miss you. It was really a pleasure working with you. | 我会想你的 跟你一起共事真的很高兴 |
[03:13] | – Really? You are? – I too find him intriguing… | – 真的吗 – 我也觉得他很有意思 |
[03:16] | in a nonrigorous, pragmatically irrelevant kind of way. | 但是是一种不严谨 不实用的喜欢 |
[03:20] | l agree with what she said. | 我同意她说的话 |
[03:21] | – Thank you for trying to help Booth and me work together. – Thanks, Sweets. | – 谢谢你试着帮我跟Booth一起工作 – 谢谢你 Sweets |
[03:23] | You’re welcome. But, honestly, guys, we can- | 不客气 但是说实话 我们可以… |
[03:27] | – Can you pick this up? The tab? – Yeah, sure. | – 你能付账的 对吧 – 当然可以 |
[03:29] | We can keep working- | 我们可以继续一起工作 |
[03:32] | How lame. I thought I was doing a good job. | 太差劲了 我还以为我做的挺好的 |
[04:09] | No offense, but I would feel better… | 恕我直言 但是我更希望 |
[04:11] | if the famous Dr. Brennan was my scientific mouthpiece. | 著名的Dr. Brennan做我的专家证人 |
[04:14] | – Have you done this before? – This is not Clark’s first trial. | – 你以前作过证吗 – 这不是Clark的第一次出庭 |
[04:17] | – He’s a full- grown scientist? – I shave, sir. | – 他是个成熟的科学家吗 – 我刮胡子的 先生 |
[04:21] | I have a driver’s license. I’ve won a couple of fistfights. | 我还有驾照 我还赢过几次斗殴 |
[04:24] | I saved a life. I’ve lain with woman. | 我救过别人的命 我和女人睡过 |
[04:27] | I’ve been hustled at pool. I’ve defied my father’s wishes. | 我被骗过钱 我违抗过我父亲的意愿 |
[04:29] | I have broken hearts, and I have been heartbroken. | 我让别人心碎过 自己也心碎过 |
[04:31] | So by all the markers of this society, I am a grown man. | 所以根据这个社会的标准 我已经是个成年人了 |
[04:37] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[04:39] | – You’ve lain with woman? – Is he gonna talk like that at Dad’s trial? | – 你跟女人睡过吗 – 他在法院也会这样讲话吗 |
[04:42] | Listen, Max, we could have Clark list his qualifications for you right now… | Max 我可以叫Clark把他的资历现在写下来 |
[04:45] | but that’ll spoil the surprise when they read ’em in court. | 但是这样他们在法庭读到的时候就不会惊讶了 |
[04:48] | Clark is the last forensic anthropologist… | Clark是我最不想在法庭上 |
[04:50] | I’d want to be up against in a court of law. | 遇到的对手 |
[04:52] | What about that genius kid at your lab? | 那你实验室里那个小天才呢 |
[04:53] | With the oversized eyes and toaster head? That guy? | 大眼睛 头发卷卷的那个吗 |
[04:56] | I’m sorry if my normal- sized head and eyes diminish your confidence. | 如果我的眼睛和发型会影响你对我的信心 我很抱歉 |
[04:58] | Zack is working for the prosecution. | Zack是控方的人 |
[05:06] | Okay. Welcome on board, kid. | 好吧 那欢迎加入 孩子 |
[05:08] | – Dad. – Thank you. | – 爸 – 谢谢你 |
[05:12] | Are you seriously squeezing my hand that hard? | 你真的要这么用力的捏我的手吗 |
[05:14] | Give Clark his hand back, Dad. | 把Clark的手放开 爸爸 |
[05:19] | Nice. | 太好了 |
[05:22] | We’ll wait outside, Tempe. | 我们在外面等 Tempe |
[05:25] | I still wish you were gonna be my scientist. | 我还是希望你可以当我的那位科学家 |
[05:29] | Here. | 给你 |
[05:33] | You should wear this tie in the courtroom. | 你在法庭上应该戴这条领带 |
[05:37] | – Oh, but it- it’s a gray tie. – Apparently, the color gray… | – 但是这是条灰领带 – 显然 灰色 |
[05:40] | tells the jury that you are a serious man with good judgment. | 可以告诉评审团 你是个有良好判断力的正经人 |
[05:44] | Yeah. Or that I’m drab. | 或者我是个无聊的人 |
[05:49] | I can’t stop this from happening. | 我不能阻止这件事 |
[05:51] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么 |
[05:52] | Booth Hodgins Zack Angela Caroline Booth, Hodgins, Zack, Angela, Caroline- | |
[05:55] | They’re all my friends. But I can’t- | 他们都是我的朋友 但是我不能… |
[05:56] | Listen, I know you love me. All right? | 我知道你是爱我的 |
[06:02] | I can see it even if nobody else can. | 就算其他人都看不出来 |
[06:04] | So that’s something you don’t have to worry about. | 所以你不用担心这件事 |
[06:24] | I’ll wear the tie. | 我会戴那条领带的 |
[06:32] | I hate this. I hate it. | 我讨厌这样 太讨厌了 |
[06:35] | What- strangers on our forensic platform? | 你是讨厌我们的台子上有陌生人吗 |
[06:37] | Ange doesn’t like that we’re on different sides. | Ange讨厌我们在不同的阵营 |
[06:39] | All of us together, and Brennan alone. | 我们都在一起 Brennan却只有一个人 |
[06:41] | Not alone. She’s with those African- American people. | 不是一个人 她跟那些非裔美国人一起呢 |
[06:46] | This is not a competition. | 这不是竞争 |
[06:47] | I’m pretty sure the reason they call the justice system adversarial… | 我很确定他们认为司法系统具有对抗性 |
[06:50] | – is that it is competitive. – No. | – 就是因为这是竞争 – 不是的 |
[06:51] | Well, it’s not a competition between us and Brennan. | 至少这不是我们和Brennan之间的竞争 |
[06:54] | This is just an unfortunate situation. | 只是现在情况糟糕而已 |
[06:57] | Yeah. Yeah. It’s an unfortunate situation. | 是的 这是一个糟糕的情况 |
[07:00] | If Brennan understands that we aren’t crazily competitive about it… | 如果Brennan明白我们没有很想赢 |
[07:03] | then we’ll all come through this with our friendships intact. | 那这件事过后 我们的友谊还会不变 |
[07:06] | Besides, Dr. Brennan must realize that we’re going to destroy them. | Dr. Brennan还要知道我们一定会打倒他们 |
[07:11] | I’ll explain “crazily competitive” to Zack… | 我会跟Zack解释什么叫很想赢 |
[07:14] | over and over again until he gets it. | 一遍遍解释直到他明白为止 |
[07:17] | Okay. Prosecution briefing in 20… | 我们二十分钟后要做简报 |
[07:19] | and Caroline does not tolerate tardiness. | Caroline不会允许我们迟到的 |
[07:23] | Well, I’ve reviewed all the physical evidences… | 我浏览过所有由Dr. Addy |
[07:26] | compiled by Dr. Addy and provided by the prosecution. | 整理和检方提供的证据了 |
[07:28] | What do you think? | 你有什么想法 |
[07:30] | There are always judgment calls, but it holds together. | 虽然肯定会有主观判断 但是和证据的指向都很一致 |
[07:34] | I may feel better about our position once I do my own intensive examination. | 等我再仔细检验一遍 我可能会比较有信心 |
[07:38] | Tell me the first thing that occurs to you when you look at the X- rays… | 告诉我 你看过X光片 |
[07:40] | – and skeletal remains of the victim. – The killer was merciful. | – 和受害者的头部遗骸后的第一想法 – 这是次仁慈的杀戮 |
[07:44] | That is completely unscientific. | 这个说法毫不严谨 |
[07:46] | The victim was stabbed several times, set on fire and gutted. | 受害者被捅多次 点燃 内脏被掏空 |
[07:49] | – Where’s the mercy? – Death was instantaneous. | – 这有什么仁慈的 – 因为他是瞬间死亡的 |
[07:53] | A single blow to the mastoid process. Zero pain. | 单次击打乳突致死 毫无痛苦 |
[07:56] | Guts, stabs, burns- all that occurred postmortem. | 掏空内脏 捅刀 燃烧 这些都是死后发生的 |
[07:59] | – Mercy. – Zack will be the more precise expert witness. | – 原来这是仁慈 – Zack会比你更精准 更专业 |
[08:02] | Clark will be the more understandable and persuasive. | Clark会更有同理心 更能说服人 |
[08:05] | In prosecution, scientific objectivity is seen as a virtue. | 对检方来说 科学的客观性通常被认为是长处 |
[08:08] | In defense, we humanize the accused. | 至于我们辩方 则应该把被告人性化 |
[08:12] | I accept your logic. | 我接受你这个说法 |
[08:13] | I’m gonna put some effort into making Dr. Addy look bad. | 我会下些功夫抹黑Dr. Addy |
[08:17] | I’d appreciate it if the jury didn’t see you doubting me. | 如果不让陪审团看见你怀疑我就更好了 |
[08:19] | Well, that will be difficult, because my father actually is guilty. | 这会很难 毕竟我父亲是真的有罪 |
[08:22] | Dr. Brennan, I need that to be the last time you speak those thoughts aloud. | Dr. Brennan 请保证那是最后一次你大声说出这个想法 |
[08:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:27] | Because what we think about the client’s guilt or innocence is irrelevant. | 因为犯罪与否对我们来说不重要 |
[08:31] | It’s their job to prove your father’s guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. | 根据怀疑来证明你父亲有罪是对方的工作 |
[08:38] | How much time do you need with the skeleton? | 你检查骨架要多久 |
[08:39] | Well, as much as you can get me. | 越久越好 |
[08:41] | – I’d also like to take a look at your case files, if I might. – Why? | – 我还想看看你们的案件卷宗 如果可以的话 – 为什么 |
[08:45] | Because you taught Dr. Addy. | 因为你是Dr. Addy的导师 |
[08:47] | I’d like to get a feel for who I’m up against. | 我想感受一下我的对手 |
[08:55] | I’m gonna say to you what I always say to you before a trial… | 我要告诉你们我在之前开庭经常说的话 |
[08:58] | because this one is no different than any other trial. | 因为这次跟其他的没什么不同 |
[09:01] | – You’ve never said that before. – What? | – 你没这么说过 – 什么 |
[09:03] | You never told us a trial is no different from any other trial. | 你从没说过某次开庭跟其他开庭没有不同 |
[09:05] | Which suggests that this one is different. | 也就说明这次确实不同 |
[09:07] | – Have you no control over these people? – None whatsoever. | – 你管不住这群人的吗 – 完全管不住 |
[09:10] | Look, Caroline, it’s Bones. It’s different. Let’s just admit that. | Caroline 这次跟Bones有关 所以肯定不同 承认吧 |
[09:14] | Here’s what’s not different. Lose the “Cocky” belt buckle. | 现在我要说跟之前相同的话了 换掉你的”自大”皮带扣 |
[09:17] | No badges saying “Resist authority'” or “The truth is out there. ‘” | 不能戴写着”反抗权威”或者”真相自在人心”的徽章 |
[09:20] | Do not cut your own hair the day before a trial. | 不能在开庭前一天自己剪头发 |
[09:25] | Ugly up a little. The plain women on the jury hate you. | 打扮的丑一点 评审团上的普通女人会讨厌你的 |
[09:28] | Use your fully grown- up words. | 用成熟的语言 |
[09:31] | Eat. Last time, your stomach was growling louder than your testimony. | 要吃东西 上次你的肚子叫的比你说话还大声 |
[09:34] | Then don’t put me on first thing in the morning. | 那就不要让我在清晨第一个作证 |
[09:37] | I assure you, I will be totally, awesomely mature on the stand. | 我保证 我确定一定以及肯定 会成熟的站在那里的 |
[09:41] | Miss Julian, I’m not taking the stand. | Miss Julian 我不想作证 |
[09:46] | – You have to. – Look, I’m not gonna tell anybody else what to do here. | – 你必须得去 – 我不会告诉你们该干什么 |
[09:49] | But I’m not testifying. | 但是我不去 |
[09:54] | Booth Booth? | |
[09:56] | Right. Okay, listen up, people. | 听着 |
[09:58] | Bones- she believes in the system. | Bones相信这个体制 |
[10:00] | She finds out that Angela’s not gonna testify, she’s not gonna like it, okay? | 如果她知道Angela不作证 她会不高兴的 |
[10:03] | She’d want all of us to do our jobs. | 她会想让我们都做好自己的工作 |
[10:06] | Dr. Brennan does seem to have an enviable… | Dr. Brennan确实有种让人嫉妒的 |
[10:08] | if somewhat disturbing, ability to compartmentalize. | 甚至有点烦人的 自我孤立能力 |
[10:11] | Hey, how’s that for a fully grown- up vocab, huh? | 怎么样 我刚刚说话成熟吧 |
[10:14] | Clean and detached, people, just the way Dr. Brennan likes it. | 我们要干净利落 Dr. Brennan喜欢的那样 |
[10:17] | – I have no problem. – I’ll ask Dr. Brennan directly. | – 我没问题 – 我直接问Dr. Brennan吧 |
[10:20] | If she says okay, then I’m on board. | 如果她同意 我就加入 |
[10:23] | – See you all in court. – Listen, Caroline. | – 法庭见 – Caroline |
[10:25] | You know, When I’m actually testifying, | 我作证的时候 |
[10:26] | the jury’s not gonna see my belt buckle ’cause it’s below- | 评审团又看不见我的皮带扣 因为… |
[10:29] | – This briefing is over, chéri. – See, when I stand, the tie kind of- | – 本次简报到此为止 亲爱的 – 我站着的时候 领带应该… |
[10:32] | It covers- | 能挡住… |
[10:37] | I am Judge Marcus Haddoes. | 我是Marcus Haddoes法官 |
[10:39] | This is my court. | 这是我的法庭 |
[10:41] | When you swear to God to tell the truth, you look at my face. | 当你们向上帝发誓说实话时 你们要看着我 |
[10:44] | Because, in this courtroom, I may not actually be God… | 因为在这里 即使我不是真正的上帝 |
[10:48] | but I sure as hell am the next best thing. | 但我也差不多了 |
[10:50] | You people watching, at heart, I am a shy man. | 你们看着我 我本质上是个害羞的人 |
[10:55] | So I would be perfectly happy to kick all of you out given the slightest excuse. | 所以我不会吝啬把任何人踢出去的 |
[11:02] | Miss Julian, opening statement. | Miss Julian 开场陈述 |
[11:04] | I’m the prosecutor in this trial, and it’s my job to prove to you… | 我是本次庭审的公诉人 我需要证明 |
[11:08] | that Max Keenan murdered FBI Deputy Director Robert Kirby. | Max Keenan谋杀了FBI副局长Robert Kirby |
[11:13] | My client had motive to kill the victim. | 我的客户有动机杀害受害者 |
[11:17] | Motive, means and opportunity like many, many others. | 他有动机 手段和机会 但是很多其他人也有 |
[11:21] | Deputy Director Kirby was a bad piece of work. | 副局长Kirby并不是什么好人 |
[11:25] | Corrupt. A cold- blooded killer. | 他是一个腐败冷血的杀手 |
[11:27] | He had many, many enemies who wanted him dead. | 他有很多死敌 |
[11:31] | They’re gonna say that Kirby intended to murder Max Keenan and his family- | 他们会说Kirby打算谋杀Max Keenan及其家人 |
[11:37] | that’s them there, that beautiful young woman, that fine young man- | 也就是那位美丽的女士 和那位男士 |
[11:41] | putting the concept of self- defense into your head. | 你们想想自卫的定义 |
[11:44] | The prosecution will produce no eyewitness… | 控方没有目击证人 |
[11:48] | and no proof beyond circumstantial conjecture and trace evidence. | 只有间接推断和一些蛛丝马迹的证据 |
[11:54] | Dr. Temperance Brennan here is one of | Dr. Temperance Brennan是 |
[11:56] | the finest forensic anthropologists in the country. | 国内首屈一指的法医 |
[11:59] | She’s renowned for her integrity, for her professional reputation. | 她因她的正直及专业名誉被人熟知 |
[12:03] | She’s also the defendant’s daughter. | 她同时也是被告的女儿 |
[12:05] | Dr. Brennan won’t testify on behalf of her father because you, the jury… | Dr. Brennan不会替她父亲作证 因为你们评审团 |
[12:10] | simply will not believe that a loving daughter can be objective. | 不会相信一个深爱父亲的女儿也可以做到客观 |
[12:14] | That’s all. | 以上便是我的观点 |
[12:15] | – Booth. – What? | – Booth – 干嘛 |
[12:16] | – I could so be objective. – I know, Bones, okay? Just- | – 我绝对可以很客观的 – 我知道 Bones |
[12:19] | The victim was what the prosecution called a bad piece of work. | 受害者在检方看来不是好人 |
[12:22] | That charming man slit Robert Kirby’s throat… | 那个看上去很有魅力的男人 割开了Robert Kirby的喉咙 |
[12:26] | gutted him, and set him on fire. | 掏空他的内脏 把他点燃 |
[12:29] | We’ll prove that to you. | 我们会向你证明这一点的 |
[12:30] | Miss Julian and I may disagree on many facets of this case. | Miss Julian和我可能会在这件案子的很多方面存在分歧 |
[12:37] | But I do agree with her. The accused is a very nice guy. | 但是我同意她的观点 被告是一个善良的人 |
[12:41] | Point of clarification. I said “charming”, not “nice”. | 我要澄清 我说的是有魅力 不是善良 |
[12:44] | This is exactly the kind of nonsense that I want to avoid. And you two, please. | 这就是我想避免的闹剧 你们两位请注意 |
[12:50] | Keep to your own sides of the aisle. | 待在自己的位置 |
[12:52] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[12:54] | Get a cup of coffee, people. We hear first prosecution witness in 20 minutes. | 喝点咖啡吧 我们二十分钟后传召第一位证人 |
[13:04] | Might not be good coffee, but, hey, at least it’s lukewarm. | 可能不是什么好咖啡 但是起码它是温的 |
[13:08] | – We’re not supposed to talk. – We can’t talk about the case. | – 我们不能谈话的 – 只是不能讨论案子 |
[13:10] | But we can talk about crappy coffee. | 但是我们可以讨论糟糕的咖啡 |
[13:14] | Put the cup in front of your mouth when you talk. | 讲话的时候用咖啡挡住嘴 |
[13:18] | I didn’t see Angela today. | 我今天没看见Angela |
[13:19] | Angela refuses to testify. | Angela拒绝出庭 |
[13:21] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:23] | Probably because she’s your best friend. | 可能因为她是你最好的朋友吧 |
[13:25] | – You’re my friend, and you don’t mind. – I mind. | – 你也是我的朋友 但是你就无所谓 – 我有所谓的 |
[13:27] | We all mind… except for Zack. | 我们都有所谓 可能Zack除外吧 |
[13:30] | In that case, Zack is the only one thinking clearly. | 这样的话 Zack就是唯一一个清醒的人 |
[13:33] | I had to give Hodgins permission. You know what’s wrong with everyone- | Hodgins还要征求我的意见 他们都怎么回事… |
[13:36] | It’s not what’s wrong, Bones. It’s what’s right. | 他们没有问题 Bones 这样才对 |
[13:43] | No, no. Y’all cut that out. | 不行 你们分开点 |
[13:45] | Court will reconvene in 30 seconds. | 三十秒后庭审继续 |
[13:48] | Good luck, Bones. Oh, and remember. | 祝你好运 Bones 哦对了 记住 |
[13:52] | I’m the one who gave you this… delicious coffee. | 这杯…好喝的咖啡 是我给你的 |
[13:56] | – Why? – I’m the first prosecution witness against your father. | – 为什么 – 因为我是第一个证人 |
[14:04] | Dr. Brennan and I entered her apartment, and we found a large pool of blood. | Dr. Brennan和我进了她的住所 我们看到了一大滩血 |
[14:12] | You were concerned with Russ Brennan’s life at this point. | 你这时候担心Russ Brennan的安危 |
[14:14] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[14:16] | – You thought the blood was Russ Brennan’s. – That’s correct. | – 你认为血是Russ Brennan的 – 是的 |
[14:19] | And whose blood did it prove to be? | 结果呢 是谁的血 |
[14:21] | DNA analysis proved the blood was Deputy Director Kirby’s. | DNA检验显示血是副局长Kirby的 |
[14:24] | A sharp instrument was inserted here… | 一个尖锐的物体被插在这里 |
[14:27] | puncturing the sternocleidomastoid and cutting the carotid artery. | 刺穿了他的胸锁乳突肌 切到了颈动脉 |
[14:31] | It entered the skull just behind the ear, nicked the mastoid… | 它从耳朵后面进入了颅骨 割到了乳突 |
[14:34] | continued through the oropharynx and terminated | 继续穿过口咽 |
[14:37] | at the opposite side of the mandible. | 在下颚骨的对面终止 |
[14:38] | In order to create a blood puddle this large… | 如果想要产生这么大面积的血 |
[14:41] | the body would have to lay there for between 3 to 5 minutes. | 尸体必须躺在那里三到五分钟 |
[14:43] | 3 to 5 minutes? | 为什么是三到五分钟 |
[14:44] | It’s about the time it takes to roll the body up in a shower curtain. | 这是把尸体用浴帘卷起来所需的时间 |
[14:48] | How do we know the copper pipe is the murder weapon? | 怎么能判断出铜管就是凶器 |
[14:51] | These are very, very small traces of copper left here… | 里面有很少量的铜残留 |
[14:54] | in the mylohyoid line of the mandible. | 在下颌舌骨肌线上发现的 |
[14:56] | And what is the copper pipe made of? | 那铜管是由什么做的 |
[14:57] | As with most copper pipes, it’s made of copper. | 就像大多数铜管一样 它是铜做的 |
[15:00] | Did you discover any evidence tying the defendant to the murder scene? | 你有没有找到能把被告和犯罪现场联系起来的证据 |
[15:04] | I found particles of the same soil at the murder scene… | 我在犯罪现场 尸体被焚烧的屋顶 |
[15:06] | and at the rooftop where the body was burned and at the Our Lady of Angels Seminary. | 和天使夫人神学院都找到了同样的土壤微粒 |
[15:10] | – What did that tell you? – That someone transferred those dirt particles… | – 这说明了什么 – 有人把这些微粒… |
[15:13] | from the seminary to the murder scene to the rooftop. | 从神学院带到了谋杀现场和屋顶 |
[15:16] | – Who could’ve done that? – The defendant was at the seminary that day. | – 谁能做到这点呢 – 被告那天就在神学院 |
[15:19] | – Are you certain of that? – Yeah. I saw him there myself. | – 你确定吗 – 确定 我亲眼看见的 |
[15:22] | What was he doing there? | 他在那里干什么 |
[15:31] | He was impersonating a priest. | 他在假扮神父 |
[15:38] | And you’re 100% positive this is the murder weapon? | 你百分之百确定这就是凶器吗 |
[15:41] | I’m not comfortable with 100%. | 我对百分之百这个说法不是很舒服 |
[15:44] | You’re convinced beyond a reasonable doubt… | 你有可信度足够高的理由 |
[15:46] | – that this is the murder weapon? – Yes, I am. | – 来相信这就是凶器吗 – 是的 我有 |
[15:49] | And is there any evidence at all tying the defendant to this weapon? | 你有没有能把被告和凶器联系起来的证据 |
[15:53] | In 1966, Max Keenan was sent to Cook County Jail for robbery. | 在1966年 Max Keenan因实施抢劫被送到库克郡监狱 |
[15:58] | He was attacked. | 他被袭击了 |
[16:01] | Did he defend himself? | 他反击了吗 |
[16:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:07] | Did he defend himself with this? | 他是用这个反击的吗 |
[16:12] | – Yes. – Successfully? | – 是的 – 反击成功了吗 |
[16:13] | I never killed anyone. I just poked them to keep them away. | 我没有杀人 我只是戳一下他们好让他们离我远点 |
[16:16] | – Yes. – What was the result of that attack? | – 成功了 – 那次袭击的结果是什么 |
[16:20] | Well, no one bothered Max again. | 没有人再敢打扰Max了 |
[16:22] | – Anything else? – He had 8 months added to his sentence. | – 还有别的吗 – 他的刑期多了八个月 |
[16:26] | Anything else, Agent Booth? | 还有别的吗 Booth探员 |
[16:31] | A sharpened pipe kind of became a trademark for him. | 削尖的管子就成了他的一个标志 |
[16:36] | Where was this weapon found? | 凶器是在哪里发现的 |
[16:41] | Right here in this pile of ashes. | 就在这堆灰烬里 |
[16:43] | What exactly is that pile of ashes? | 那堆灰烬具体指什么 |
[16:46] | It turned out to be the victim’s intestines. | 是受害者的肠子 |
[16:48] | The abdomen had been slashed open. | 他的腹部被切开了 |
[16:50] | And with the body so badly burned, intestines reduced to ashes… | 因为尸体被焚毁的程度很高 肠子就变成了灰烬 |
[16:55] | how did you identify the remains as those of Deputy Director Kirby? | 你怎么辨别出那就是Kirby副局长的 |
[16:59] | – I’ve got nothing to say. – You’re under oath as a material witness, Miss Montenegro. | – 我没什么要说的 – 作为一个证人你是发过誓的 Miss Montenegro |
[17:04] | I swore to tell the truth, and the truth is that I am not saying anything. | 我发誓说真话 真话就是我什么也不打算说 |
[17:09] | Judge Haddoes, could you- | Haddoes法官 你能不能 |
[17:10] | – The witness will answer. – No. The witness will not. | – 证人必须回答 – 证人不会回答的 |
[17:13] | – Angela, answer! – Silence, please. | – Angela 回答啊 – 肃静 |
[17:15] | The witness will answer, or I will find her in contempt. | 证人必须回答 不然我就可以认为她蔑视法庭 |
[17:18] | Is there anyway I can talk you out of that? | 我能劝你别这么做吗 |
[17:20] | Why would you call a witness you knew wouldn’t answer? | 为什么你叫一个不打算开口的证人来 |
[17:22] | I figured once she got up here and saw your scary face, she’d rethink her options. | 我以为她看到你可怕的脸 她就会改变想法的 |
[17:26] | – I’m taking the Fifth. – Chérie, the Fifth refers to the Fifth Amendment… | – 我要求行使第五修正案的权力 – 亲爱的 第五修正案是… |
[17:30] | which protects you from being forced to incriminate yourself. | 保护你不被强迫着指证自己有罪的 |
[17:34] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[17:37] | Well, the First Amendment protects freedom of association, right? | 那第一修正案是保护结社自由 对吧 |
[17:40] | Which means that it protects friendship. | 也就是说它能保护友谊 |
[17:43] | So I’m taking the First, which is even better than taking the Fifth. | 所以我要求行使第一修正案给予的权力 比第五修正案还好 |
[17:46] | There is no friendship in a homicide trial. This is the Federal District Court… | 谋杀庭审没有友谊可言 这是美利坚合众国 |
[17:51] | for the District of Columbia, United States of America. | 哥伦比亚特区的联邦地区法院 |
[17:54] | When this asks you a question, you answer or you pay the ferry man. | 当你被问到问题时 你就要回答 不然就付出代价 |
[17:58] | – It ain’t gonna happen. – Angie, they aren’t kidding around. | – 我不会回答的 – Angie 他们不是开玩笑的 |
[18:01] | – Bones, now’s the time to speak up. – What? | – Bones 到你出马的时候了 – 什么 |
[18:03] | He’s the ferryman. The judge is the ferryman. | 法官就是掌舵人 |
[18:06] | Angie, just so you know, he’s the ferryman! | Angie 法官就是掌舵人 |
[18:09] | – I will clear this courtroom if I hear another word! – Thanks a lot. | – 如果我再听见有人说话我就清场了 – 多谢你了 |
[18:12] | I find this witness in contempt. She will be incarcerated… | 我认为这个证人蔑视法庭 我会将她监禁… |
[18:15] | until she answers the question posed to her by the People. | 直到她回答提出的问题 |
[18:24] | – Angela, please! – Hey, will you sit down! | – Angela 你就回答吧 – 你坐下 |
[18:27] | Sweetie, this is one of those times… | 亲爱的 这就是那种 |
[18:29] | when I know what’s right, and everybody else is confused. | 只有我知道什么是正确做法的时候了 |
[18:47] | I mean, shouldn’t you be objecting a little more? | 你不是应该反对的更彻底吗 |
[18:50] | Asking for sidebars? More like that? | 要求添加一些补充背景什么的吗 |
[18:53] | The jury looks at Dad kind of mean. | 陪审团对爸爸印象不是很好 |
[18:55] | They’re having a horrific crime described to them. They have to blame someone. | 他们手上有一桩凶残的谋杀案 他们总要找个怪罪的人吧 |
[18:59] | Yeah- me. | 对啊 就是我 |
[19:00] | All they’ve done so far is establish that a murder occurred. | 他们现在只证明了有谋杀发生 |
[19:03] | – Everybody knew that before. – They have to establish that you are responsible. | – 大家早就知道了 – 他们还得证明是你做的 |
[19:07] | – It sounds like they have. – We have to discuss putting you on the stand. | – 看上去他们已经证明了 – 我们要考虑让你作证了 |
[19:10] | Absolutely. Put me on. Didn’t that lady say I ooze charm? | 当然了 让我去吧 那位女士不是说我很有魅力吗 |
[19:15] | First question you’ll be asked is, “Did you murder Deputy Director Kirby?'” | 问你的第一个问题就会是 “你是否谋杀了副局长Kirby” |
[19:21] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[19:28] | I can’t put you on. | 我不能让你上 |
[19:29] | Well, what? I’m not emotional enough? I would never kill another man. | 为什么 因为我的表情不够吗 我不会杀人的 |
[19:33] | No. Because it would be obvious to the judge, the jury and blind Martians… | 不是 是因为法官 陪审团 人人都能看出来 |
[19:37] | that your loving family doesn’t believe you. | 你的家人不相信你 |
[19:39] | – We’ll wait outside when Dad’s on the stand. – Thanks a lot. | – 他作证的时候我们可以在外面等 – 谢谢 |
[19:42] | So I’m on the hot seat, and you guys are out gettin’ ice cream? | 所以我在里面坐立不安的时候 你们却可以在外面吃冰淇淋 |
[19:44] | Kids don’t believe the dad, no way the jury does. | 孩子不相信父亲 陪审团肯定也不会相信 |
[19:47] | – Next issue to consider is Russ. – Let ’em put me on the stand. | – 下一个话题就跟Russ有关了 – 那就让我作证 |
[19:52] | – They think you witnessed the murder. – I didn’t. I wasn’t there. | – 他们认为你目睹了谋杀 – 我没有 我不在现场 |
[19:58] | – I wasn’t there! – As an officer of the court… | – 我真的不在 – 作为法庭的工作人员 |
[20:01] | I cannot put you on the stand if I think you’re gonna perjure yourself. | 如果我觉得你要做伪证的话 你就不能上庭 |
[20:05] | – You think Russ is lying? – I don’t know, which worries me. | – 你认为Russ在骗人吗 – 我不知道 但是这让我很担心 |
[20:07] | He’s not. I’ve known Russ since he was a child, and I can tell when he’s lying. | 他没有撒谎 我从小就了解他 我能分辨出他有没有撒谎 |
[20:11] | – He’s not lying. – You can put me on the stand. | – 他没有撒谎 – 我可以出庭的 |
[20:14] | I didn’t witness anything that they can use against my father. | 我没有看到任何对我父亲不利的东西 |
[20:16] | That- a- boy. | 好小子 |
[20:20] | Listen. Take a few family minutes. | 给你们一点家庭时间吧 |
[20:23] | I’ll see you in court. | 法庭上见 |
[20:29] | A country full of unscrupulous lawyers… | 这是个腐败律师遍地走的国家 |
[20:31] | and you find the one guy with scruples? | 你却找了个有道德的律师 |
[20:34] | Dad, Tempe’s pretty sure you killed that man. | 爸爸 Tempe很确定你杀了那个人 |
[20:39] | And I don’t think she can see how you wear that so lightly. | 她不明白你为什么可以当做没事发生 |
[20:41] | Tempe Tempe. | |
[20:44] | I’m ashamed of a lot of things I did in my life. | 我对我这辈子做过的很多事都感到愧疚 |
[20:47] | But in this case… | 但是这件事… |
[20:49] | my conscience is clear. | 我的良心无愧 |
[20:54] | That’s not the same as being innocent. | 这不代表你无罪 |
[21:04] | That one needs an escort. | 那个人需要押送 |
[21:13] | Angela, please just go on the stand and say that you identified the victim. | Angela 请你上台说你辨认出了受害者 |
[21:18] | – No. – But I- I want you to do that. | – 我不要 – 但是我想你这么做 |
[21:21] | Do you really think your father is gonna beat this rap? | 你真的觉得你父亲可以免去责罚吗 |
[21:23] | That has nothing to do with it! | 跟这事没关系 |
[21:25] | Yeah, Brennan, it does. I’m not gonna help send your father to his death. | 有关系的 Brennan 我不会帮忙把你父亲送上绝路的 |
[21:30] | To his death? | 送上绝路 |
[21:31] | Look, your old man killed a really big kahuna at the FBI. | 你父亲真的杀了一个FBI的大人物 |
[21:35] | You think that those guys aren’t gunning for execution? | 你真的觉得他们不会给你父亲判死刑吗 |
[21:38] | That- That’s not up to me. That’s not up to you. That’s up to a jury. | 这不是我能决定的 也不是你能决定的 是陪审团决定的 |
[21:42] | – That’s not the point. – Well, what is the point? | – 这不是重点 – 那什么是重点 |
[21:44] | Friends don’t send friends’ fathers to the electric chair. | 朋友不会把朋友的父亲送上老虎椅 |
[21:51] | Maryland uses lethal injection. | 马里兰州用的是注射死刑 |
[21:53] | Well, the principle holds, sweetie. | 原则还是一样的 亲爱的 |
[21:57] | You think we’re going to lose? | 你认为我们会输吗 |
[22:03] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:07] | I think you’re gonna lose. | 我是这么觉得的 |
[22:11] | And I am not gonna help you. | 但是我不会插手这个过程 |
[22:18] | What did I do to deserve a friend like you? | 我做了什么 能拥有你这么好的朋友 |
[22:27] | I obtained my undergraduate psych degree from the University of Toronto… | 我在多伦多大学取得了心理学学士学位 |
[22:31] | my master’s degree in abnormal psychology from Temple University… | 在天普大学取得了我的畸形心理学硕士学位 |
[22:35] | and my doctorates in clinical psychology and behavioral analysis… | 我的临床心理学和行为分析学博士学位是在 |
[22:39] | – “Doctorates,” as in more than one? – from Columbia University. | – 不止一个博士学位? – 哥伦比亚大学获得的 |
[22:41] | I won simultaneous Fulbright and Rhodes scholarships… | 我还同时获得了富布莱特奖学金和罗氏奖学金 |
[22:44] | – to write my book The Art of Abnormal Profiling. – More than one scholarship too. | – 在我写非正常侧写的艺术一书时 – 还拿了不止一个奖学金呢 |
[22:46] | Which is what brought me to my current posting at the FBI. | 这就是我得以进入到FBI的原因 |
[22:49] | – No wonder Dr. Geeks can never hang on to a girlfriend. – It’s Dr. Sweets. | – 怪不得Dr. Geeks感情都不长久 – 是Dr. Sweets啦 |
[22:53] | I know, Bones. I just was saying Dr. Geeks is… geeks- | 我知道 Bones 我只是想说他是个怪人 |
[22:57] | Do you require a list of my scholarly publications? | 你需要我列一张我学术性出版物的单子吗 |
[22:59] | The defense stipulates that Dr. Sweets is a qualified expert witness… | 辩方保证Dr. Sweets是一个合格的专家证人 |
[23:04] | despite the fact that he looks like a high school volleyball player. | 虽然他看上去像个 高中的排球运动员 |
[23:07] | – Meet Dr. Geeks. – Excuse me, Agent Booth. | – 看看 Dr. Geeks – 不好意思 Booth探员 |
[23:10] | I would like you to switch seats with Dr. Saroyan. | 我想让你和Dr. Saroyan换位置 |
[23:13] | – You, Dr. Brennan, please switch seats with your brother. – Why? | – Dr. Brennan 请和你的哥哥换位 – 为什么 |
[23:16] | You don’t whisper as quietly as you think you do. | 你们的悄悄话并没有特别小声 |
[23:19] | Yeah, you know, you do whisper a little loud. | 你说悄悄话确实挺大声的 |
[23:21] | – You started it. – Just a little bit. | – 是你先找我说话的 – 只是有点点大声啦 |
[23:22] | A little loud. | 一点点而已 |
[23:25] | – Thank you. Please continue, Miss Julian. – Dr. Sweets… | – 谢谢 请继续吧 Miss Julian – Dr. Sweets |
[23:29] | did you compile a psychological profile of the defendant? | 你对被告做出心理侧写了吗 |
[23:32] | Yes, over a series of meetings spanning 6 months. | 是的 在一系列持续六个月的会面中 |
[23:34] | Is he capable of murder? | 他有能力杀人吗 |
[23:37] | Like, totally. | 当然了 |
[23:39] | Most definitely. Um, in his own way… | 他确实有这样的能力 他特立独行 |
[23:42] | Max Keenan is a very impressive man. | Max Keenan是一个令人印象深刻的人 |
[23:44] | What do you mean, “in his own way”? | 什么叫特立独行 |
[23:46] | Well, Max Keenan doesn’t adhere to an external ethical system. | Max Keenan并不拥护外界的道德体制 |
[23:50] | – He does what he wants. – No. He does what he thinks is right… | – 他随心所欲 – 不是 他是做自己认为对的事 |
[23:53] | whether or not the rest of the world agrees. | 不管其他人怎么想 |
[23:55] | In another time, he could’ve been a great leader. | 如果换个时代 他可能会是个伟大的领导 |
[23:57] | You mean in a time when people conked each other on the head… | 你是指那种人们会互相殴打 |
[24:01] | and lit them on fire as a way of getting what they want. | 然后为了实现目的不惜点燃别人的时代吧 |
[24:05] | – Yes. – Is Max Keenan dangerous? | – 是的 – Max Keenan危险吗 |
[24:08] | When he feels his loved ones are threatened- mega dangerous. | 当他爱的人有危险时 他就非常危险 |
[24:12] | In your opinion, if Max Keenan felt… | 在你看来 如果Max Keenan… |
[24:14] | that he was threatened or his family was threatened, could he do this? | 认为他或者他的家人被威胁了 他能干出这种事吗 |
[24:19] | Totally. | 当然了 |
[24:21] | I mean, indubitably. | 我是说 这是不容置疑的 |
[24:24] | – Without hesitation? – Without hesitation… | – 他没有犹豫吗 – 是的 |
[24:28] | without remorse… | 而且没有后悔 |
[24:32] | without guilt. | 也没有罪恶感 |
[24:40] | Without hesitation, without remorse, without guilt. | 没有犹豫 没有后悔 也没有罪恶感 |
[24:48] | Did you feel threatened… | 你认为自己受到 |
[24:50] | – by Deputy Director Kirby, Mr. Brennan? – No. | – 副局长Kirby的威胁了吗 Mr. Brennan – 没有 |
[24:52] | A sniper- trained, corrupt FBI agent hunting you, and you weren’t scared? | 一个受过狙击手训练的 腐败的FBI探员在追你 你就不怕吗 |
[24:57] | I knew someone was after me, but not who. | 我只知道有人在追我 但我不知道是谁 |
[24:59] | How did you know someone was after you? | 你怎么知道有人在追你 |
[25:02] | I was shot at. I was wounded. | 有人朝我开了一枪 我受伤了 |
[25:04] | So it’s fair to say you feared for your life? | 所以可以说你为自己的性命担忧咯 |
[25:06] | – Yes. – Where were you staying at this time? | – 是的 – 你这个时候在哪里 |
[25:08] | – In my sister’s apartment. – Which is where Deputy Director Kirby was murdered. | – 在我妹妹的公寓 – 也就是副局长Kirby被谋杀的地方 |
[25:12] | Where his blood was found, yeah. | 就是发现他血的地方 |
[25:14] | – But you weren’t there when it happened? – No. | – 你那时候不在那吗 – 不在 |
[25:16] | You knew someone was gunning for you, but you left the safety of your sister’s apartment? | 你知道有人在找你 你还离开了你妹妹的公寓? |
[25:20] | Well, it wasn’t all that safe if someone got murdered there, right? | 既然都有人在那被杀 就说明那里也没多安全 |
[25:23] | No, it wasn’t, Mr. Brennan. Where were you that day? | 不是的 Mr. Brennan 你那天在哪里 |
[25:27] | – Job interview. – You were being stalked… | – 我在参加面试 – 你被跟踪了 |
[25:29] | but it seemed like a good time to wander around looking for a job? | 但你似乎觉得这是个到处找工作的好时机吗 |
[25:32] | Not wander. I went to a specific job interview. | 我没有四处游荡去找 我有个明确的面试要参加 |
[25:39] | – What’s wrong? – I recognize when Caroline’s catching a scent. | – 怎么了 – Caroline脸上是发现了猫腻的表情 |
[25:43] | – What job? – Objection, Your Honor. Relevance? | – 什么工作 – 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[25:47] | If the People could have a little latitude… | 如果检方能有一点自由空间 |
[25:49] | the relevance will become apparent. | 这个问题的相关性就会自己显现出来 |
[25:51] | I’m gonna allow it. Answer the question, please. | 我同意 请回答问题吧 |
[25:54] | – A mechanics job. – And just how did you find out about this job opening? | – 是汽修师的工作 – 那你又是怎么知道这个工作的空缺呢 |
[25:58] | – What? – A sign in the window? | – 什么 – 你就这么巧 看到了招聘启事吗 |
[26:00] | An employment agency? The Internet? A newspaper? | 还是通过职业介绍所 上网或者是在报纸上看到的吗 |
[26:03] | – Where did you find this job? – Objection, Your Honor! | – 你是在哪里看到有这份工作的 – 反对 法官阁下 |
[26:05] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[26:06] | My dad got me… the- the interview. | 是我爸帮我找的工作 |
[26:10] | Almost as though he wanted you out of the apartment… | 就像他不想让你进公寓一样 |
[26:12] | as if he knew that something was gonna happen and he wanted you out of the way. | 就好像他知道有事情要发生 不想让你挡道一样 |
[26:16] | – Your Honor- – Out of bounds, Miss Julian. The jury will disregard. | – 法官阁下 – 你越界了 Miss Julian 陪审团将不予理会 |
[26:20] | I’m done with this witness, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官阁下 |
[26:23] | Cross, Mr. Barron? | 交叉询问 Mr. Barron |
[26:24] | Did your father say or do anything that suggested… | 你的父亲有没有任何可以表示 |
[26:27] | he was trying to get you out of the way? | 他不想让你挡路的行为 |
[26:29] | – No. – Thank you, Your Honor. | – 没有 – 谢谢你 法官阁下 |
[26:32] | – Miss Julian? – The People rest, Your Honor. | – Miss Julian – 检方要求休庭 法官阁下 |
[26:37] | Will the defense be ready this afternoon, Mr. Barron? | 被告今天下午可以到场吗 Mr. Barron |
[26:40] | The defense requests a summary judgment because the prosecution… | 被告要求即决审判 因为检方 |
[26:43] | has absolutely failed to prove their case against my client. | 不能证明这个案子与我的客户有关 |
[26:46] | Denied, Mr. Barron. | 驳回 Mr. Barron |
[26:49] | Then we’ll be ready this afternoon. | 那么我们下午会准备好的 |
[27:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[27:12] | Dr. Addy, the prosecution is required to share | Dr. Addy 检方才必须和辩方 |
[27:15] | all information with the defense, not the other way around. | 分享信息 而不是相反 |
[27:18] | – That better not stain. – It’s not permanent. What are you doing here? | – 那个最好别留下印子 – 印子会消掉的 你在这干嘛 |
[27:22] | I heard you were looking at the skeleton and wondered if you found anything I missed. | 听说你在检查骨架 我想知道你有没有找到我遗漏的东西 |
[27:26] | – You’re not allowed to ask me that. – I didn’t ask you anything. | – 你不能问我这个 – 我没有问你问题 |
[27:28] | You asked me. I answered. | 是你问我的 我只是回答你 |
[27:33] | You’re not screwing with me, are you? | 你没在跟我开玩笑吧 |
[27:35] | – You’re just like this. – Yes. | – 你就是这种性格吗 – 是的 |
[27:38] | This is exactly how I am. | 我就是这样的人 |
[27:42] | Your work is very, very good, Dr. Addy. | 你做得很好 Dr. Addy |
[27:45] | – Extremely thorough. – Thank you. | – 你做的特别细致 – 谢谢 |
[27:48] | I am aware of that. | 我也知道这一点 |
[27:51] | Good luck this afternoon. | 祝你下午好运 |
[27:55] | I don’t need luck, sport. | 我不需要运气 伙计 |
[28:05] | I’m writing a book taking a clinical approach… | 我在写一本关于临床上 |
[28:08] | to efficacy and focused outcomes. | 效力和聚焦结果方法的书 |
[28:10] | You shouldn’t work well together, but you do. I’d like to study it further. | 你们不适合在一起工作 但是你们工作的很好 我还想接着研究 |
[28:13] | – I don’t get it. – He wants to study us. | – 我没听懂 – 他想研究我们 |
[28:15] | – Once a week. Nothing changes. – Why would we wanna do that? | – 一周一次 还是老样子 – 为什么我们要答应你 |
[28:19] | I can’t think of a good reason. | 我找不出什么好理由 |
[28:20] | Okay, see? That thing that you do when you talk to each other… | 瞧见没 你们对彼此讲话的时候的小动作 |
[28:23] | while excluding the 3rd party, namely me- | 就排除了第三方 也就是我 |
[28:25] | it’s an adaptive mechanism for disparate entities to bond together… | 是一种不同个体间为了建立感情产生的适应机制 |
[28:29] | against their own individual impetuses to dissociate. | 尽管他们本身可能不想产生联系 |
[28:34] | It’s, um- It’s what- | 这就是… |
[28:37] | – What does that mean for us? – Nothing useful. | – 这个对我们有什么用呢 – 没什么用 |
[28:39] | Tell you what. Why don’t we make a deal with him where we allow him to study us. | 这样吧 不然我们跟他做个交易 他可以研究我们 |
[28:43] | In return, he gives us psychological profiling on demand. | 但是他要给我们做心理侧写 随叫随到那种 |
[28:47] | – Okay. – You like that sort of thing, but I don’t see the point. | – 可以 – 你喜欢侧写 我不知道心理侧写有什么意义 |
[28:50] | I just think he doesn’t wanna admit that he likes us. | 我觉得他只是不想承认他喜欢我们 |
[28:54] | – Do you like us? – What? | – 你喜欢我们吗 – 什么 |
[28:56] | – And he wants to spend time with us. – Is that true, Sweets? | – 然后他想跟我们待在一起 – 是真的吗 Sweets |
[29:00] | – You like us? – No. It’s- | – 你真的喜欢我们吗 – 不是的… |
[29:02] | – He really likes us. – All right. You know what? | – 他真的喜欢我们 – 算了 |
[29:04] | I’m sorry I made the offer. I take it back. Forget it. | 我就不应该提的 我收回我那句话 |
[29:10] | Sweets is pretty good in the interrogation room. | Sweets在审问室里表现的挺好的 |
[29:13] | Yeah. Profiling on demand, interrogation backup. | 对啊 做侧写随叫随到 审问也可以帮上忙 |
[29:16] | Well, to be honest, I was impressed by his credentials. | 说实话 他取得的证书数量挺让我震惊的 |
[29:19] | – I’ll tell him okay. – Dr. Brennan. | – 我去告诉他我们答应 – Dr. Brennan |
[29:23] | I found something. | 我找到了一些东西 |
[29:32] | I do not like the look of that. | 我不喜欢看到这种情况 |
[29:34] | – Why? – They look happy. | – 为什么 – 他们看起来很开心 |
[29:36] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[29:38] | This court is reconvened. | 本次庭审现在继续开庭 |
[29:40] | They look smug. I don’t like it. | 他们看起来很自命不凡 我不喜欢 |
[29:42] | Anyway, Clark found something you missed there, pal. | Clark找到了你遗漏的东西 伙计 |
[29:45] | I don’t miss things. | 我不会遗漏的 |
[29:47] | The defense calls Dr. Zack Addy to the stand. | 辩方要求Dr. Zack Addy到证人席 |
[29:51] | Your Honor, I beg the indulgence of the court to allow our expert witness… | 法官阁下 我请求法庭允许我们的专家证人 |
[29:55] | Dr. Clark Edison, to appear pro hac vice. | Dr. Clark Edison上庭 仅此一回 |
[29:58] | – Objection, Your Honor. – What grounds, Miss Julian? | – 反对 法官阁下 – 出于什么理由 Miss Julian |
[30:01] | – Well- – What’s going on? | – 这个嘛… – 怎么回事 |
[30:02] | – They want Clark to question Zack, not the lawyer. – I’m thinkin’. | – 他们想让Clark询问Zack 而不是由律师来 – 我还在想 |
[30:06] | Objection denied. Dr. Edison. | 反对无效 Dr. Edison |
[30:10] | Good afternoon. Dr. Addy… | 下午好 Dr. Addy |
[30:13] | you identified this as the murder weapon. | 你认为这是凶器 |
[30:15] | – That’s correct. – Could you refresh the jury’s memory, please? | – 是的 – 你能再跟陪审团说一遍吗 |
[30:18] | Yes. Striations found on the bone… | 可以 骨头上发现的条纹 |
[30:20] | indicated a sharp- tipped weapon without a cutting edge. | 说明凶器是被削尖 但没有刀刃的物品 |
[30:23] | – Also, the diameter of the pipe fits. – That’s correct, yes. | – 而且管子的直径也符合 – 确实 |
[30:26] | And copper particulates. | 还有发现的铜微粒 |
[30:30] | Can you identify this, Dr. Addy? | 你能鉴定出这个吗 Dr. Addy |
[30:32] | It is the entry wound in the mastoid made by the murder weapon. | 这是凶器进入乳突时造成的伤口 |
[30:35] | – And this? – This is the same wound stained red. | – 那这个呢 – 这就是刚刚的伤口 只不过染红了 |
[30:39] | Is this what you were doing this morning? | 你今天早上就在弄这个吗 |
[30:42] | And this? | 那这个呢 |
[30:44] | It appears to be the same wound… | 这个看上去是同样的伤口… |
[30:46] | blown up to approximately 120 magnification. | 只是放大了大约120倍 |
[30:49] | Can you discern any micro fractures in that photo? | 你在照片里看到任何小裂缝了吗 |
[30:51] | – Yes. Oh. – You sound surprised, Dr. Addy. | – 看到了 噢 – 你听起来很吃惊 Dr. Addy |
[30:56] | – What did you stain this with? – Red food dye. | – 你是用什么染色的 – 红色的食用色素 |
[30:58] | Can you answer that question, please? | 你能回答那个问题吗 |
[31:01] | Uh, these micro fractures indicate that the weapon went in so deep… | 这些裂缝表明 凶器插入的太深 |
[31:05] | that the hilt hit the bone, causing micro fractures. | 以至于柄撞到了骨头 形成了裂痕 |
[31:08] | The hilt? Could you please indicate the hilt on this weapon? | 柄 你能指出这件凶器上柄的位置吗 |
[31:12] | – I cannot. – And why is that? | – 我不能 – 为什么 |
[31:15] | – There is no hilt. – So this is not the murder weapon? | – 因为凶器上没有柄 – 所以这就不是凶器咯 |
[31:18] | Obviously not. | 显然不是 |
[31:25] | You made a mistake? | 你居然犯错了 |
[31:29] | Yes, I was mistaken. | 是的 我犯了错 |
[31:31] | Your Honor, the defense requests a dismissal of all charges. | 法官阁下 我方要求撤销所有罪名 |
[31:34] | The prosecution’s entire case… | 这整个案子 |
[31:37] | was built upon the identification of the murder weapon. | 都是建立在已辨别的凶器的基础上的 |
[31:39] | Your Honor, the People will need some time… | 法官阁下 检方需要一些时间 |
[31:42] | to properly review Dr. Edison’s new evidence. | 来处理Dr. Edison的新证据 |
[31:44] | – How much time? – Exactly as much time… | – 要多长时间 – 直到 |
[31:46] | as it will take Agent Booth to find the actual murder weapon. | Booth探员找到真正的凶器为止 |
[31:50] | I’ll meet with counsel in chambers. | 律师到会议室集合 |
[31:51] | But if you don’t come up with a terrific argument, Miss Julian… | 但是如果你不能给出有力的辩驳 Miss Julian |
[31:54] | Mr. Keenan is going home to his family tonight. | Mr. Keenan今晚就可以和家人团聚了 |
[31:58] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[32:12] | Hey, Bones. I have a warrant here to search these premises… | Bones 我有搜索这些房屋的许可令 |
[32:14] | for any weapon or implement congruent with the murder weapon. | 搜索和凶器匹配的武器或工具 |
[32:18] | – I could save you some time. – No. | – 我能帮你节约点时间 – 不用 |
[32:19] | Zack is gonna be the bone expert on this one. He’ll be doing all the looking. | Zack才是这次的主角 是他来找 |
[32:23] | Where did Clark Edison learn that trick with the food dye? | Clark Edison是在哪里学到食用色素的小把戏的 |
[32:26] | – I don’t know that trick. – Zack? Focus. | – 这招连我也不知道 – Zack 用心点 |
[32:40] | How you doin’ there, Bones? | 你怎么样了 Bones |
[32:42] | When it looked like my father might go free, I got- | 当我父亲有可能被释放时 我感到… |
[32:49] | This is very confusing for me. | 我对这件事很困惑 |
[32:51] | You liked the idea of him beating the murder charge? | 你觉得他逃脱了你会高兴 |
[32:56] | Yes. | 对啊 |
[32:58] | But he did it. We both know my father did it. | 但是是他干的 我们都知道就是他干的 |
[33:01] | Wanting your father to come home instead of going to prison… | 想让你父亲回家 而不是让他进监狱 |
[33:04] | that’s- that’s okay. | 是很正常的 |
[33:06] | But what I do- what we do is put murderers like him away. | 但是我的…我们的工作就是把像他这样的人关起来 |
[33:12] | Okay. You’re not Dr. Brennan today. You’re Temperance. | 好吧 你今天不是Dr. Brennan 你只是Temperance |
[33:16] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[33:18] | The scientist part of you got sidelined temporarily. | 你今天可以暂时放下你科学家的一面 |
[33:24] | I still don’t know what that means. | 我还是不知道你在说什么 |
[33:26] | Bones, just take the brain, okay? Put it in neutral. | Bones 就是让你的脑子中立 |
[33:31] | All right? Take the heart, pop it in overdrive. | 好吗 首先听从你自己的心意 |
[33:35] | Sometimes I think you’re from another planet. | 有时候我会觉得你是从别的星球来的 |
[33:43] | And sometimes, I think you’re really very nice. | 但是有时候 我又觉得你很好 |
[33:50] | I found it. | 我找到了 |
[34:00] | – What is that? – It’s a misericorde. | – 那是什么 – 是一柄短剑 |
[34:04] | A sharp, unedged medieval copper dagger… | 一把锋利的 缺边的中世纪铜匕首 |
[34:06] | used for delivering a final, fatal blow. | 用来给予对方最后的 致死的攻击 |
[34:10] | Also known as the coup de grâce. | 也叫致命一击 |
[34:13] | I’m sorry, Bones. | 我很抱歉 Bones |
[34:57] | As usual, I will ask the jury to refrain from speaking to each other about the case… | 按惯例 我要求陪审团从现在到明天庭审重新召开的时间里 |
[35:02] | between now and when we reconvene tomorrow morning… | 不要就案子相互交谈 |
[35:04] | at which time you will be prepared to remount your defense. | 这段时间里你们应该让被告做好准备 |
[35:10] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[35:19] | Hey, kid, you did good. | 孩子 你做得很好了 |
[35:21] | You had ’em on the run there for a while. | 你让他们提心吊胆了一会 |
[35:24] | Yeah, well, their case is much stronger now, so- | 但是现在 他们的证据更有力了 所以… |
[35:27] | My team, they’re- they’re really good. | 我的团队是很厉害的 |
[35:31] | Maybe you could brag over them another time, Tempe? | 你就不能换个时间夸奖他们吗 Tempe |
[35:37] | You know, maybe I can discredit the weapon. | 或许我能证明凶器是假的 |
[35:40] | We’re past forensics. Now it’s about the story. | 我们已经过了讨论证物的时候 现在重要的是故事 |
[35:43] | – Excuse me? – Juries like to think they know what happened. | – 什么意思 – 陪审团喜欢认为他们掌握了所有情况 |
[35:48] | We did a good job in showing that maybe Max didn’t commit this murder… | 我们证明了Max可能不是凶手 已经做得很好了 |
[35:51] | but we didn’t give the jury a satisfying alternative. | 但是我们没有给陪审团一个合理的解释 |
[35:56] | One they can go home to their families and say… | 好让他们回家以后和家里人说 |
[35:58] | – “Here’s what really happened.” – They need a bogeyman. | – “事情其实是这样的” – 他们需要一个恶人 |
[36:02] | And it’s Dad. | 就是爸爸 |
[36:04] | Well, at least you guys will always know where to find me. | 起码你们就能知道我在哪 |
[36:06] | What do you mean? On death row? | 你什么意思 死囚房里吗 |
[36:08] | You should’ve- you know, you should’ve run, Dad. You should’ve just taken off. | 你就该逃跑的 爸爸 |
[36:12] | Dad stayed for me. | 爸爸留下来是为了我 |
[36:17] | He knew that if he ran, we’d never see each other again. | 他知道如果他跑了 我们就不能再见面了 |
[36:22] | You stayed for me. | 你是为了我 |
[36:27] | I would’ve stayed here forever. | 我愿意永远待在这里 |
[36:29] | It was worth every second we had together. | 我们待在一起的每分每秒都是值得的 |
[36:44] | If I knew the bogeyman, how much warning would you need to make it work? | 如果我认识那个恶人 要提前多久给你预告才能让这个办法起作用 |
[36:48] | Good story? About 5 minutes. | 如果编的故事好的话 五分钟就够了 |
[36:52] | I have to talk to somebody. | 我得去找个人谈谈 |
[36:59] | If the truth can’t be proven, is it still the truth? | 如果真相不能被证明 那还能叫真相吗 |
[37:02] | You invited me to breakfast to talk philosophy? | 你叫我出来吃早餐就是为了讨论哲学吗 |
[37:04] | A theory isn’t even really a theory until it’s challenged. | 一个理论如果没有被质疑过 它甚至不能被称为理论 |
[37:08] | It’s just simply a hypothesis. | 充其量只是个假设 |
[37:10] | I don’t believe that a man should die based upon a hypothesis. Do you? | 我不认为人应该为了一个莫须有的假设而死 你认为呢 |
[37:14] | If you have a question, just ask it. | 如果你有问题 能直接问出来吗 |
[37:16] | I have a way to lodge reasonable doubt in the jury. | 我有让评审团对案件产生怀疑的办法 |
[37:18] | – We can’t talk about this. – Please? You’re the person I talk to about things like this. | – 我们不能谈论这个的 – 可是我一向只跟你讨论这种事啊 |
[37:27] | No perjury involved. | 反正你不能作伪证 |
[37:29] | Just an interpretation of existing facts. | 只能解释一些现存的事实 |
[37:32] | – An alternate story. – You don’t know that he did it, you know? Your old man. | – 提出另一个可能性 – 其实你也不确定就是你父亲干的吧 |
[37:36] | We both know he did it. | 我们都清楚就是他干的 |
[37:37] | No. Not the way that you define “know”- with the proof and all that. | 你不是认为”确认”一件事得要很多证据吗 |
[37:42] | It’s going to be enough for the jury. | 但这对陪审团来说足够了 |
[37:43] | Juries are the human factor in a trial. All right? You never know what they’ll do. | 陪审团是庭审中的人为因素 你永远不知道他们会有什么反应的 |
[37:48] | You think it’s all right for me to take advantage of that? | 你觉得我应该利用这个情况吗 |
[37:52] | Brain and heart, Bones. | 想想我之前跟你说的脑子和心的那句话 Bones |
[37:54] | Brain and heart. | 回忆一下 |
[38:00] | You found particulates… | 你找到了一些微粒 |
[38:02] | placing the accused at the scene of the murder- the seminary- | 能证明被告去过犯罪现场 神学院 |
[38:04] | – and the rooftop where the victim was immolated? – Yes. | – 还有那个受害者被焚烧的屋顶 – 是的 |
[38:08] | Was anyone else present at all 3 locations? | 还有别人也去过这三个地方吗 |
[38:12] | Me. But I didn’t kill the deputy director of the FBI. | 还有我 但是FBI副局长不是我杀的 |
[38:16] | You had motive. He’d fired you that day and threatened Miss Julian. | 你有动机 他那天本来想炒了你的 还威胁了Miss Julian |
[38:20] | By the way, was she at all 3 locations? | 顺便问一下 她是否也曾出现在这三个地方 |
[38:22] | Objection. It’s just rude to accuse me of murder. | 反对 指控我谋杀是很无礼的 |
[38:25] | I count 3 people in this courtroom besides my client who had motive to kill Kirby. | 我在这里能数出除了我的委托人外三个有动机杀Kirby的人 |
[38:31] | – I’ll allow it. – Miss Julian was never at the crime scene. | – 同意 继续 – Miss Julian没有去过犯罪现场 |
[38:33] | – So you’re stuck with me. – And Dr. Brennan? | – 所以就只有我 – 那Dr. Brennan呢 |
[38:41] | I see where you’re going with this. | 我知道你想干什么了 |
[38:43] | – Was Dr. Temperance Brennan at the seminary? – Yes. | – Dr. Temperance Brennan那天在神学院吗 – 是的 |
[38:47] | – And your apartment the same day? – Yes. | – 也回了你的公寓吧 – 是 |
[38:50] | Do you recognize this? | 你认得出这个吗 |
[38:51] | Yes. It’s mine. | 这是我的 |
[38:53] | So you are every bit as plausible a suspect as your father? | 所以你跟你父亲一样 都可能是凶手咯 |
[38:56] | Dr. Brennan is hyperrational. | Dr. Brennan是一个高度理性的人 |
[38:58] | She’s capable of rationalizing almost anything. | 她可以理性看待几乎所有事情 |
[39:00] | – Including murder? – It is the danger of the totally rational human being. | – 包括谋杀吗 – 这就是完全理性的人的危险之处 |
[39:05] | But did she have a motive? | 那她有动机吗 |
[39:08] | Yes, she had motive. Kirby tried to kill her brother. | 她有的 Kirby想杀她哥哥 |
[39:12] | – Thank you. – Bones was with me all day. | – 谢谢 – Bones那一整天都和我待在一起 |
[39:14] | She didn’t have time to commit this murder? | 所以你是想说 她没有时间实施谋杀咯 |
[39:18] | No, she did not. | 是的 她没有这个时间 |
[39:19] | How did your son, Parker, get home from school that day? | 你的儿子Parker 那天放学后是怎么回家的 |
[39:26] | 45 minutes we were apart. But we talked on the phone. | 我们只分开了四十五分钟 但是我们打过电话 |
[39:29] | Plenty of time, wasn’t it, Agent Booth? | 所以她有很多时间作案 对吧 Booth探员 |
[39:39] | Dr. Brennan could’ve burned the body hours later when you were safe at home. | Dr. Brennan可以在你回到家几个小时以后 再去焚烧尸体 |
[39:54] | – The witness will answer the question. – That’s a lot of heart, Bones. | – 证人请回答问题 – 你这也太听从内心的声音了吧 Bones |
[39:57] | – Your Honor. – Answer the question, please, Agent Booth. | – 法官阁下 – Booth探员 请回答问题 |
[40:01] | Could Bones have killed Kirby? | Bones有没有可能杀了Kirby呢 |
[40:04] | Temperance Brennan- I’ve worked with this woman. I’ve stood over death with her. | Temperance Brennan是我的搭档 我和她共历生死 |
[40:08] | I’ve faced down death with her. | 我跟她一起面对过死亡 |
[40:10] | And Sweets, he’s brilliant. He is. But he’s wrong. | Sweets是很聪明 但是他错了 |
[40:17] | She could not have done this. | 她不可能杀人的 |
[40:18] | I didn’t ask you your opinion of Dr. Brennan’s character. | 我不是在问你Dr. Brennan的性格如何 |
[40:22] | I asked you, did she have time? | 我是问你 她有没有时间 |
[40:35] | Yes. She had time. | 是的 她有时间 |
[41:06] | Has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团作出裁定了吗 |
[41:10] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[42:06] | So, you gonna charge her? | 你还会起诉她吗 |
[42:09] | You gotta go back to school on this one. That’s a fine woman there. | 关于这个你就得回炉重造了 那可是个好女人 |