时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | You know we’re gonna have to break this to Sweets very gently. | 记住 我们跟小甜甜解释的时候必须很委婉 |
[00:07] | Why? He should be grateful. | 为什么 他应该会很感激我们的 |
[00:09] | – Well he can be grateful later. – What do you mean? | -他可以晚些时候再感激我们 -你想说啥 |
[00:11] | Well you know how people are grateful | 你想啊 当你大喊失火的时候别人会 |
[00:12] | when you yell fire but before they’re grateful | 会很感激你 但是在感激之前 |
[00:14] | they panic and they run into walls. | 他们会慌不择路 会撞墙 |
[00:16] | You think Sweets is going to panic and run into a wall? | 你觉得小甜甜也会慌得撞墙 |
[00:20] | Metaphorically. Okay I got it. Yeah. | 你在打比方 我懂了 |
[00:21] | – I mean he’s not gonna like it. – Well if there was a mistake | -我是说 他会不高兴的 -但是如果我的 |
[00:23] | in one of my books I’d want to know. | 哪本书里有错的话 我会很乐意知道 |
[00:25] | What you call a mistake Sweets calls an interpretation. | 你所说的错误 小甜甜会认为是解释 |
[00:28] | Interpretation? No it’s an actual factual error. | 解释 不会啊 这明显是个根本性错误 |
[00:31] | Okay what exactly do you think | 好吧 你究竟想 |
[00:34] | you think we’re telling him about? | 你想我们应该告诉他什么 |
[00:36] | Page 31. And I quote | 第31页 我念给你听 |
[00:38] | “Subjects worked together | “两位研究对象的首次合作 |
[00:39] | “for the first time in solving the murder | 解决了怀孕的国会实习生 |
[00:44] | Right yeah. | 对 没错 |
[00:45] | That’s right. We worked that other case before that. | 没错 在那之前我们还办过另一个案子 |
[00:48] | What did you think we were going to talk to him about? | 你觉得我们该和他说什么 |
[00:51] | The whole uh… love thing? | 这个…恋爱问题 |
[00:53] | The love thing? | 恋爱问题 |
[00:56] | His conclusion that we’re in love? | 他的结论就是咱俩在谈恋爱 |
[00:58] | I don’t care about that. | 我才不管那个呢 |
[01:01] | What mistake? | 哪儿错了 |
[01:02] | Hint: it’s not what you think. | 提示一下 你想歪了 |
[01:05] | You disagree with my conclusion that the two of you are in love. | 你们不同意我的观点 觉得你们俩没谈恋爱 |
[01:08] | And the sublimating energies of that connection are responsible | 你们之间的联系升华了心灵 |
[01:12] | for the energy | 并产生了另外一种能量 |
[01:13] | vigor and rigor | 一种充满活力又能冲破磨难的能量 |
[01:14] | that you bring to your homicide investigations. | 并把这种能量融入了犯罪调查 |
[01:17] | I just told you it’s not what you think | 我刚才说了 不是你想的那样 |
[01:19] | and you immediately say what you think. | 但你马上又把你的想法重复了一遍 |
[01:21] | That’s your interpretation. | 那只是你的解释 |
[01:22] | We recognize your right to interpret. | 我们承认你的解释权 |
[01:25] | – You do? – That’s your right as a psychologist | -真的 -那是你作为心理学家的权利 |
[01:27] | to get everything wrong. | 把一切都搞错 |
[01:28] | I have circled some typos. | 我标出了一些打印错误 |
[01:30] | Other than that and the fact | 除此之外 其实 |
[01:32] | that the Cleo Eller murder was not our first case | 克里奥·埃勒谋杀案也不是我们合作的第一个案子 |
[01:34] | you’re ready to publish. | 把这些都改掉你就可以发表了 |
[01:37] | My interpretation | 我对你们俩的 |
[01:39] | of your working relationship is based | 工作关系的解释 |
[01:41] | on the unfolding interpersonal dynamics | 是建立在你们第一个案子的 |
[01:43] | of that first case. | 具体人际动态关系上的 |
[01:44] | It wasn’t our first case. | 那不是我们的第一个案子 |
[01:46] | – It’s not your first case. – It’s not. | -不是第一个 -不是 |
[01:48] | Okay. Well then please tell me all about that | 那好 那请跟我讲讲 |
[01:51] | real first case | 你们的真正的第一个案子 |
[01:52] | to see if my conclusions are still valid. | 我要看看我的结论是不是仍然成立 |
[02:03] | A girl was murdered | 有个女孩遇害 |
[02:05] | and her remains were thrown in a landfill. | 被抛尸在垃圾填埋地 |
[02:07] | Well her name was Gemma Harrington. | 她的名字叫吉玛·哈林顿 |
[02:09] | The case was going nowhere. | 当时这个案子没有进展 |
[02:10] | I was at an early morning Gamblers Anonymous meeting. | 我当时正在”匿名者戒赌互助会”开早会 |
[02:14] | You snapped the nine. | 你打了9号球 |
[02:16] | Rack ’em. | 一杆全收了 |
[02:19] | Booth had a gambling problem before he met me. | 我认识布斯之前 他的赌瘾很成问题 |
[02:22] | Well since I mostly won it wasn’t really a problem. | 那其实不是什么问题 我老赢 |
[02:26] | But it took your focus away from more important things | 但是你就不会花时间在重要事件上了 |
[02:30] | like work. | 比如工作 |
[02:32] | You know I was getting it under control. | 你知道 我自制力很强的 |
[02:34] | Nice shot Tex. | 干得漂亮 特克斯 |
[02:35] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[02:41] | Booth. | 我是布斯 |
[02:44] | Right. Okay on my way. | 好 行 马上来 |
[02:47] | Thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢你来见我 |
[02:50] | Victim’s mother Jocelyn came to see me | 受害者的母亲 贾思琳 来找我 |
[02:52] | to tell me that the New York coroner’s office was releasing | 她告诉我纽约的验尸所准备 |
[02:55] | her daughter’s remains for burial. | 归还她女儿的尸体 好让她举行葬礼 |
[02:58] | She was all upset. | 她非常难过 |
[02:59] | Upset why? | 为什么难过 |
[03:02] | The police had given up hope | 警方已经放弃了 |
[03:04] | of finding her daughter’s killer. | 寻找杀害她女儿的凶手 |
[03:05] | You see the case was a split jurisdiction. | 你得知道 这个案子受双重司法管辖 |
[03:07] | The girl was last seen in DC | 女孩儿是在华盛顿失踪的 |
[03:09] | but her body was found in New York in a landfill. | 但她的尸体却在纽约的一个垃圾填埋场发现的 |
[03:12] | The New York coroner was in town and uh | 纽约的验尸官就在本市 |
[03:14] | I decided to meet with her. | 我决定去见见她 |
[03:16] | Camille. | 凯米拉 |
[03:16] | Seeley. | 瑟雷 |
[03:20] | I can get you Gemma’s | 我可以把吉玛的尸检文件给你 |
[03:22] | file but you know the definition of insanity is | 但是你得知道 精神病的定义就是 |
[03:24] | to do the same thing over and over again | 反复做同一件事 |
[03:26] | expecting a different outcome. | 并期待得到一个不同的结果 |
[03:27] | Okay. Maybe I missed something? | 好吧 没准儿是我漏了什么呢 |
[03:29] | How’s about you get another point of view? | 你觉得换个思路怎么样 |
[03:32] | Partner up. No. You know I don’t do that. | 找个搭档 不可能 你知道我不会去找的 |
[03:34] | There’s a forensic anthropologist | 杰弗逊研究所 |
[03:35] | at the Jeffersonian. | 有个法医人类学家 |
[03:36] | I read that she solved how Stone Age Hunter was murdered. | 我听说她搞清了石器时代的猎人的死因 |
[03:39] | How does that help? | 那又有什么用 |
[03:40] | If she can solve a 4 000-year-old homicide | 如果她能解决四千年前的杀人案 |
[03:43] | maybe she can help on Gemma Harrington. | 也许她能帮你办吉玛·哈林顿的案子 |
[03:45] | – I could release the remains to her. – You know what Cam? | -我可以把尸体转交给她 -你知道吗 凯 |
[03:47] | Uh I’ll catch up with you later all right? | 我完了再找你 好吧 |
[03:49] | Forensics don’t solve crimes. Cops do. | 破案的不是法医 是警察 |
[03:51] | Same activity same results. | 过程不变 结果也不会变 |
[03:54] | Speaking of which you look like you’ve been up all night. | 说起来 你看上去好像一宿没睡 |
[03:56] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[03:58] | Meaning you won? | 意思是你赢了? |
[04:07] | That’s when he said… | 当时他说… |
[04:09] | What’s that scientist’s name? | 那个专家的名字叫什么 |
[04:10] | And Cam answered… | 然后 凯回答说 |
[04:12] | Temperance Brennan. | 坦普瑞·布纳恩 |
[04:14] | Which is me. | 也就是我 |
[04:17] | Most methods of removing flesh have disadvantages. | 大多数去除肌肉组织的方法都有弊端 |
[04:21] | I was lecturing on defleshing techniques | 我当时正在美国大学讲课 |
[04:23] | at American University. | 教授学生去除肌肉组织的技术 |
[04:25] | Methods which preserve the bone perfectly require patience. | 那些用来获得完整骨架的方法十分考验耐心 |
[04:29] | Bones was not what I expected. | 骨头和我想象中的很不相同 |
[04:31] | …works quickly but | …会很快起作用 但是 |
[04:33] | the bone itself is cooked transforming the marrow. | 骨头已经被煮过 这样会使骨髓变形 |
[04:36] | The first step is to use conventional surgical implements | 第一步要使用传统的外科器械 |
[04:39] | being very careful that the scalpel | 小心操作 别让手术刀 |
[04:42] | or forceps never come in contact with bone. | 或者手术钳破坏骨头连接处 |
[04:45] | Any questions? | 有什么疑问吗 |
[04:48] | Yeah. I have a question. | 有 我有个问题 |
[04:49] | Seems to me if you | 我感觉 如果你 |
[04:50] | uh remove the flesh | 除掉了肌肉组织 |
[04:52] | aren’t you uh destroying the evidence? | 那证据不就被毁掉了吗 |
[04:54] | On the contrary | 完全相反 |
[04:55] | I am revealing evidence. | 我让揭示真正的证据 |
[05:00] | Thank you. See you next week. | 谢谢大家 下周见 |
[05:05] | Uh just uh one more thing. I mean | 我还有件事 我觉得吧 |
[05:07] | isn’t all the good evidence in the flesh? | 不是所有的有力证据都在肌肉组织上吗 |
[05:10] | You know like uh | 你知道的 比如 |
[05:11] | the poison and the stab wounds and the bullets? | 毒药 穿刺伤口 还有子弹 |
[05:13] | All of the important indicators | 如果你仔细观察的话 |
[05:14] | are written in the bone if you look carefully. | 会发现所有的重要线索都在骨头上 |
[05:16] | So that’s your thing. | 这就是你的专业 |
[05:18] | Yes. I’m the best in the world. | 没错 我是全世界第一的 |
[05:22] | Okay you’re serious. | 是吧 你不是开玩笑吧 |
[05:23] | He thought I was being humorous. | 他以为我在开玩笑 |
[05:25] | That turns out to be true. | 后来证明那是真的 |
[05:27] | – But you didn’t know that yet. – Yeah. | -但是你当时还不知道 -对 |
[05:30] | Are you a student here? | 你是这儿的学生吗 |
[05:31] | Special Agent Seeley Booth from the FBI. | 联邦调查局特工 瑟雷·布斯 |
[05:34] | I’m Dr. Temperance Brennan of the Jeffersonian Institution. | 我是杰弗逊研究所的坦普瑞斯·布纳恩博士 |
[05:39] | Do you believe in fate? | 你相信命运吗 |
[05:41] | Absolutely not. Ludicrous. | 完全不信 太荒唐了 |
[05:45] | – I still don’t. – And I still do. | -我现在还是不信 -我还是相信 |
[06:26] | Booth decided not to provide me | 布斯打算先不给我 |
[06:28] | with the murder victim’s identity. | 受害者的身份信息 |
[06:30] | Oh I-I wanted to see | 我想看看 |
[06:32] | if she could find out what I already knew. | 她到底能否查出一些我已经知道的东西 |
[06:34] | A modicum of connective tissue indicates that | 根据尸体被掩埋的情况 |
[06:36] | depending upon burial conditions | 少量粘连的组织表明 |
[06:37] | the remains are less than 200 years old. | 死者的年龄小于200岁 |
[06:40] | Zack we have to shift the paradigm. | 扎克 我们得跳过常规步骤 |
[06:41] | This is a recent murder. | 这是一个近期的谋杀案 |
[06:43] | What does this FBI agent want? | 那个联邦调查局特工需要什么 |
[06:44] | Identification of the remains. | 尸体的身份识别 |
[06:46] | Apparently the FBI has had no luck | 很明显他们没有在牙医记录 |
[06:48] | with dental records or missing persons. | 或者失踪人口记录中找到线索 |
[06:50] | Pelvis tells us female who has never given birth. | 骨盆显示 死者为女性 无生育史 |
[06:53] | Eruption of the third molar indicates adolescent. | 长出的智齿说明死者正处在青春期 |
[06:56] | The fingernails have lacquer on them. | 指甲上有漆状物质 |
[06:58] | Fractures to the pars interarticularis of the C2 | 第二颈椎骨椎弓峡部骨折 |
[07:01] | indicate a blow to the forehead which | 表明死者前额曾受重击 |
[07:03] | may have caused unconsciousness but not death. | 并很可能导致了昏迷 但不致命 |
[07:05] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[07:06] | We are identifying a murder victim. | 我们正在给一个受害者做身份识别 |
[07:08] | From this century? | 受害者是本世纪的吗 |
[07:12] | I’m taking the clothing. | 我要把衣服拿走 |
[07:13] | Dr. Hodgins | 哈金斯博士 |
[07:13] | I have asked you before not to be so unpleasant. | 我跟你说过了不要搞得大家这么不愉快 |
[07:15] | Please? I’m taking the clothing. | 我要把衣服拿走 好不好 |
[07:18] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:18] | You are a botanist. | 你是植物学家啊 |
[07:20] | Yeah and a mineralogist | 对 还是个矿物学家 |
[07:21] | and an entomologist | 还是个昆虫学家 |
[07:22] | which gives me the same number of doctorates | 也就是说 我的博士学位的数量 |
[07:25] | as the two of you put together | 比你们两个加起来都多 |
[07:26] | because you don’t have any. | 因为你们一个都没有 |
[07:28] | Look I could find fibers | 我能找到纤维 |
[07:29] | or-or spores or other particulates. | 孢子 或者其他微粒 |
[07:32] | Cause of death– | 致死原因 |
[07:32] | the sharp symmetrical traumas | 是左右两边侧头骨上 |
[07:34] | to both right and left temporals. | 又深又对称的创伤 |
[07:37] | You can take the clothing and leave now. | 你现在可以拿衣服走人了 |
[07:39] | Yeah? You can take that femur and shove… | 是吗 你能拿那个大腿骨 然后 |
[07:41] | Dr. Hodgins. | 哈金斯博士 |
[07:44] | Dr. Hodgins! | 哈金斯博士 |
[07:52] | Naomi from Paleontology suggests that Hodgins is like that | 古生物学部的娜奥米说哈金斯总这样 |
[07:55] | because he needs to get laid. | 因为他需要寻欢 |
[07:57] | That means engage in coitus. | 也就是性交 |
[08:09] | – This is not a good likeness. – Oh my God. | -这个可不太像 -上帝啊 |
[08:12] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[08:14] | No this is uh… This is accurate. | 不啊 这是很精准的 |
[08:16] | Actually this is very accurate. | 事实上 这是非常精准的 |
[08:18] | I disagree. In reality his nose looks like a yam. | 我不同意 他鼻子看上去像个山药 |
[08:23] | Could you go over there and just wait for me over there? | 你能不能过去那边等等我 |
[08:32] | So you want me to do um a caricature? | 那 你想让我 画个像 |
[08:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[08:36] | – But an accurate one. – Okay. | -但是要很精准的 -好 |
[08:37] | – It’s for my work. – Mm. | -是为了我的工作 -嗯 |
[08:39] | – Oh my God that looks real. – It is real. | -天啊 跟真的像的 -它就是真的 |
[08:43] | Do you think you could provide me with a face? | 你觉得你能照这个画出脸吗 |
[08:45] | – That-that’s real? – It’s a murder victim. | -这个是真的吗 -谋杀案的死者 |
[08:49] | Murder? Brennan I thought | 谋杀 布纳恩 我以为 |
[08:51] | that your job was-was-was mummies and cavemen. | 你的工作是研究木乃伊和山顶洞人 |
[08:54] | I mean how-how did he die? | 他怎么死的 |
[08:56] | She. It’s a teenager. | 是她 只有十几岁 |
[08:58] | Someone or something crushed her skull. | 有人或者是什么东西挤碎了她的头骨 |
[09:02] | Poor thing. | 真可怜 |
[09:04] | Could you maybe just put that away now? | 你能先把它收起来吗 |
[09:07] | Well the FBI wants to know who she is. | 联邦调查局想知道她是谁 |
[09:09] | But why me? | 但是为什么找我 |
[09:11] | I mean we’ve only known each other a month. | 我们才认识一个月而已 |
[09:13] | Well I interacted with you at your art exhibit | 在你的艺术展上 我跟你说过 |
[09:16] | because I was very impressed | 因为我很欣赏 |
[09:18] | with your command of underlying structure. | 你对基底结构的控制力 |
[09:20] | You will be paid. | 我们会付你钱的 |
[09:22] | I’m in. | 我同意了 |
[09:23] | I’m saving to go back to Paris. | 我正存钱想回巴黎呢 |
[09:25] | How much do you have saved up so far? | 你现在存了多少了 |
[09:27] | Whatever you’re gonna pay for that skull facial murder | 谋杀案面部重构能给多少 |
[09:30] | barf-making monstrosity. | 就是多少 |
[09:35] | Transcripts interviews phone logs timelines. | 手稿 面谈 电话记录 时间表 |
[09:37] | Well they dropped the body off | 他们今天早上把尸体 |
[09:38] | at the Jeffersonian this morning. | 送到杰斐逊实验室去了 |
[09:39] | – What did you tell them about it? – Nothing. | -你都跟他们说什么了 -什么都没说 |
[09:41] | Ah the gambler in you checking out the players. | 你的赌博心理正在考验玩家 |
[09:44] | Thanks Cam. I appreciate it. | 谢谢 凯 我很感激 |
[09:45] | Oh don’t thank me Seeley. | 不用谢我 瑟雷 |
[09:46] | Nobody wants this case anymore. | 现在谁都不想接这个案子 |
[09:49] | Oh! I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:51] | Traditionally people disembarked the elevator | 一般人们都是先下 |
[09:53] | before reloading began. | 后上的 |
[09:54] | I’m gonna take that as an acceptance of my apology. | 那你接受我的道歉了 |
[09:57] | But it wasn’t an acceptance. | 但是我并没有 |
[09:59] | It was an observation of social mores. | 这只是应该注意的社会公德 |
[10:00] | Well hey | 等一下 |
[10:02] | you’re Dr. Brennan right? | 你是布纳恩博士 对吗 |
[10:03] | We met at a conference on decapitation. | 我们在断头研究会议上见过 |
[10:08] | Never mind. | 别介意哦 |
[10:11] | Your victim was 16 years old biracial. | 死者16岁 是混血 |
[10:14] | She died between three and four years ago | 她死于三四年前 |
[10:16] | and her body was left in a landfill | 她的尸体在一个垃圾填埋场 |
[10:18] | for approximately one year. | 被放了大概一年 |
[10:19] | She was born in Southern Alabama | 她出生在阿拉巴马州南部 |
[10:21] | but moved north when she was eight years old. | 但是8岁的时候搬到北部 |
[10:23] | She was injured in a pre-1998 | 她1998年之前受过伤 |
[10:25] | automobile– no airbags– when she was 13. | 车祸 没有气囊 她当时13岁 |
[10:27] | What? Wow! I… | 什么 天啊 我 |
[10:28] | I’m not done. Judging by her ribcage | 我还没说完 从她的胸腔 |
[10:30] | and diaphragm attachments she was either a swimmer | 和隔膜附属物来判断 她不是学游泳的 |
[10:33] | a singer or an asthmatic | 唱歌的 就是患有哮喘 |
[10:35] | or any combination thereof. | 或者同时都是 |
[10:37] | This preliminary sketch… | 这个面相草图 |
[10:41] | gives you a general idea of what she looks like. | 能告诉你她大概什么样子 |
[10:44] | I’m sorry but we’ve been unable to find out her name. | 对不起 但是我们没能找出她的名字 |
[10:49] | Just for future reference those | 只是个提醒 |
[10:52] | human remains are forensic evidence. | 这些遗骸是法医证据 |
[10:53] | You should be wearing gloves. | 你应该戴手套的 |
[10:56] | I will adjust my behavior accordingly. | 我会改正习惯的 |
[11:02] | – What is this? – Just watch. | -这是什么 -看看吧 |
[12:06] | She bares a marked resemblance to the sketch I gave you | 她和我给你的面相图上的人非常像 |
[12:09] | Gemma Harrington. She’s been dead for four years. | 吉玛·哈林顿 她死于四年前 |
[12:11] | Her body was found in a landfill three years ago. | 尸体三年前在一个垃圾填埋场被发现 |
[12:13] | -She’s the murder victim? – Yeah. | -她就是死者 -对 |
[12:15] | Listen I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[12:16] | – Sorry for the victim? – No. | -对死者抱歉 -不是 |
[12:18] | Sorry for holding back her identity. | 为隐藏她的身份抱歉 |
[12:19] | Well even though my time | 虽然我的时间 |
[12:21] | and expertise are extremely valuable | 和专业知识极其宝贵 |
[12:23] | I accept your decision to test my abilities. | 我接受你测试我专业能力的决定 |
[12:27] | Obviously I passed with a lot of color. | 很明显 我精彩地通过了 |
[12:29] | Pardon me? | 什么 |
[12:30] | It means I did very well. | 意思是我做的很好 |
[12:32] | Oh right. | 没错 |
[12:33] | You um– flying colors. | 你 是出彩地 |
[12:34] | You… you passed with flying colors. | 你 你很出彩地通过了 |
[12:36] | Yes. I know. | 对 我知道 |
[12:38] | But passing your tests | 既然通过了你的测试 |
[12:40] | suggests you have something more important in mind. | 你就肯定有更重要的事要交给我了 |
[12:42] | I want to catch the bastard who killed her. | 我想找到杀她的混蛋 |
[12:44] | But how do you know he was a bastard? | 但是你怎么知道他是个混蛋 |
[12:45] | How do you even know it was a man? | 你怎么知道他是个男的 |
[12:47] | Well uh… okay. | 好吧 |
[12:50] | – I guess you know who that is right? – No. | -你知道他是谁吧 -不知道 |
[12:53] | Judge Myles Hasty. | 迈尔斯·海斯蒂法官 |
[12:54] | That’s a federal judge. | 他是联邦法官 |
[12:56] | Well I don’t follow current events past the industrial revolution. | 我不关注工业革命以后的时事 |
[13:00] | He killed Gemma. | 是他杀的吉玛 |
[13:02] | But why haven’t you arrested him? | 那你为什么不逮捕他 |
[13:03] | I don’t have enough proof. | 我没有足够的证据 |
[13:04] | Then how do you know it’s him? | 那你怎么知道是他 |
[13:06] | I just know. | 我就是知道 |
[13:07] | And I’d like to ask you to help me to catch him. | 我想请你帮助我来逮捕他 |
[13:10] | I won’t do that. | 我不会那么做 |
[13:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:13] | Well I will help you find out the truth. | 我可以帮你查出真相 |
[13:15] | And if the truth is that he killed her | 如果真是他杀了她 |
[13:16] | I will help you catch him. | 我会帮你抓他 |
[13:17] | But first the truth then the catching. | 但是先要查出真相 再抓人 |
[13:19] | Okay look all I need | 我只需要 |
[13:21] | is the kind of crap that persuades a jury. | 能说服陪审团的东西 |
[13:23] | But it seems to me | 在我看来 |
[13:25] | that someone like you could benefit hugely | 你这样的人要是能和我扯上关系 |
[13:27] | from an association with someone like me. | 是对你相当有好处的 |
[13:32] | Oh you’re being serious. | 你不是开玩笑 |
[13:34] | You’re serious. | 你是认真的 |
[13:35] | I was just kidding. | 我只是开玩笑而已 |
[13:36] | You know I was having some fun. | 我想让它好玩一点 |
[13:39] | It is fun. | 是很好玩 |
[13:47] | This all happened a year before the Cleo Eller case? | 这些都是克里奥·埃勒案子之前一年的事 |
[13:50] | Mm-hmm. Almost to the day. | 差点刚好一年 |
[13:51] | Well 13 months less a week. | 13个月差一星期 |
[13:53] | And uh you didn’t argue? | 你没有跟他吵 |
[13:55] | Even though he withheld information and tested you. | 即使他想要测试你而不给你全部信息 |
[13:58] | Well my abilities were outside his experience. | 我的能力超出了他的经验范围 |
[14:01] | He called evidence crap. | 他说证据都是放屁 |
[14:02] | And she basically called you stupid. | 而她说你是傻瓜 |
[14:05] | We were feeling each other up. | 我们在互相感受对方 |
[14:06] | – Like a honeymoon period. – “Out.” | -就像蜜月期 -“了解” |
[14:08] | We were feeling each other out. | 我们在互相了解对方 |
[14:10] | Would you like to hear the rest of that story? | 你想听完吗 |
[14:16] | Well I only knew Hodgins slightly | 我只知道哈金斯是一个 |
[14:18] | as a very unpleasant authority on ancient spores and insects. | 不招人喜欢的古孢子和古昆虫权威 |
[14:22] | But he was the one who figured out | 不过是他查出 |
[14:24] | that the remains were in a landfill for a year | 尸体在垃圾填埋场放了一年 |
[14:26] | before being discovered. | 才被发现的 |
[14:27] | And that wasn’t all. | 而且不光是这些 |
[14:29] | I found a sliver on the dead girl’s clothing. | 我在死者衣物里发现了一块碎片 |
[14:32] | The term is nebulous. | 学术用语是不明物 |
[14:34] | Wood. | 是木头 |
[14:35] | I found a splinter of wood. | 我发现了一片碎木 |
[14:37] | Maple to be exact. | 确切地说是枫木 |
[14:39] | So your murder victim– | 所以死者 |
[14:41] | most likely struck with something made out of maple. | 很可能是被枫木制的东西打到 |
[14:43] | Still an observation so vague as to approach meaninglessness. | 还是等于什么都没说 |
[14:47] | Is he trying to piss me off? | 他想要气死我吗 |
[14:49] | You are always angry. | 你总是很生气 |
[14:50] | I’ve been told you have an anger management problem. | 有人跟我说你有脾气暴躁 |
[14:52] | I’m… in a program. | 我在参加一个活动 |
[14:54] | Supposed to snap this every time I get angry. | 我每次一生气就猛拉这个东西 |
[14:56] | I’d be happy to do that for you. | 我很乐意帮你拉 |
[14:58] | The victim’s boyfriend was in town | 死者的男友在她消失当天 |
[15:00] | the day she disappeared. | 去了市里 |
[15:01] | Trying out for a minor league baseball team. | 准备参加一个小联赛的棒球队 |
[15:04] | Okay. So? | 那又怎么样 |
[15:05] | What are baseball bats made of? | 棒球棍是用什么做的 |
[15:07] | Maple? | 枫木 |
[15:08] | Maple. | 枫木 |
[15:09] | I should’ve thought of that. | 我早该想到的 |
[15:11] | You know I’m not so sure that a baseball bat attack | 我不确定得棒球棍打过后 |
[15:13] | would leave behind splinters though. | 会裂成碎片 |
[15:14] | Then why posit it as a weapon? | 那能肯定它是凶器吗 |
[15:16] | Doubts. | 怀疑 |
[15:18] | I have doubts you see. | 我是怀疑 明白吗 |
[15:19] | I am doubtful. | 我很怀疑 |
[15:21] | Perhaps the two of you could design an experiment. | 也许二位可以进行案件重演 |
[15:24] | What? Whoa. | 什么 |
[15:25] | No. Wait. | 不 等等 |
[15:26] | Work together? | 我俩合作吗 |
[15:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:39] | So I brought in Gemma’s baseball-playing boyfriend | 我曾找吉玛的棒球男友问过话 |
[15:41] | for questioning for murder but I know he didn’t do it. | 我们确定他不会那样做 |
[15:43] | Well how do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[15:44] | Why because the killer’s Judge Hasty. | 因为凶手是海斯蒂法官 |
[15:46] | Well feeling isn’t knowing. | 不能妄下断论 |
[15:48] | When you know something you can argue fact | 当你质疑事实时 |
[15:50] | not merely make insupportable claims in a passionate tone. | 不能凭一时冲动妄下结论 |
[15:52] | You said that in a passionate tone without facts. | 你认为我是一时冲动妄下结论? |
[15:55] | You see when it comes down to it | 知道吗 在紧要关头时 |
[15:56] | it’s all about what you feel. | 全靠第六感 |
[15:58] | Well why are you interrogating the boyfriend | 如果你那么确信 |
[16:00] | if you’re already convinced? | 为什么还要审讯她男友 |
[16:01] | Because I want to convince you. | 因为我想说服你 |
[16:04] | That’s very kind. | 你真是个好人啊 |
[16:06] | Can I come in and watch you broil the suspect? | 那我能来旁听你审讯疑犯吗 |
[16:09] | Yeah well I could broil but I think you mean grill. | 我会审讯的 不过我想你的意思是逼供吧 |
[16:14] | I fell apart after I heard that Gemma got killed. | 得知吉玛被杀 我都快崩溃了 |
[16:18] | Couldn’t concentrate on anything you know? | 什么都不想做 你明白吗 |
[16:20] | Couldn’t hold it together. | 无法接受事实 |
[16:22] | Some people might say the result of a guilty conscience. | 也许有人会说你这是良心受到谴责 |
[16:26] | I was in DC | 我当时在华盛顿 |
[16:28] | to try out for a minor league baseball team. | 参加棒球联盟的选拔赛 |
[16:30] | My dad was with me three of my uncles | 我的父亲 三个叔叔 |
[16:33] | and four cousins. | 四个兄妹可以为我作证 |
[16:34] | I wasn’t away from anybody long enough to kill Gemma | 我不可能分身去杀吉玛 |
[16:38] | and transport her body to New York City. | 也不可能把她的尸体运到纽约 |
[16:41] | He has alibis? | 有不在场证明吗 |
[16:42] | Tell Dr. Brennan how you did at your tryouts. | 告诉布纳恩博士 选拔赛结果怎样 |
[16:45] | I did great. | 非常棒 |
[16:47] | What-what does that have to do with anything? | 这和案子有什么关系 |
[16:49] | Your tryouts were after Gemma was killed. | 你的选拔赛发生在吉玛被杀之后 |
[16:51] | Yeah but I didn’t know that yet. | 但那时我还不知道 |
[16:53] | I th-thought everything was great. | 我以为一切都很顺利 |
[16:56] | I didn’t fall apart until after | 但得知吉玛被杀后 |
[16:58] | I found out Gemma was murdered. | 我彻底崩溃了 |
[17:01] | I still dream about being there when that happened. | 我甚至幻想着当时如果我在场 |
[17:07] | About protecting her. | 就可以保护她 |
[17:09] | Psychologically consistent. | 感情专一 |
[17:12] | I’m not well-acquainted with psychology | 我对心理学没有研究 |
[17:14] | but anthropologically speaking | 但从人类学角度讲 |
[17:16] | men are programmed to consider themselves | 人类是与生俱来的希望 |
[17:19] | the protectors of their mates. | 能够保护自己的伴侣 |
[17:21] | It was unnecessary | 抱歉 |
[17:22] | to put you through this again. | 又让你伤心了 |
[17:25] | I don’t mind coming and answering these questions | 我不介意来此接受审问 |
[17:27] | Bcause it means that you guys are still looking. | 这表示你们仍在追查凶手 |
[17:32] | And I want that. | 这是我所希望的 |
[17:44] | Why are you the deliver of the blow | 为什么你拿着棒子 |
[17:46] | while I am the recipient? | 而我却要挨打 |
[17:47] | Because you grunted | 因为你拿起球棒时 |
[17:49] | when you picked up the bat. | 有点不怀好意 |
[17:50] | Brace yourself. | 打起精神 |
[17:54] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[17:55] | Go back to work please. | 都回去工作吧 |
[17:57] | Conclusions thus far? | 有结果了吗 |
[17:58] | No nothing. | 还没 |
[18:00] | The bat did not leave behind any slivers | 球棒没有产生任何裂痕 |
[18:01] | even though the suit Zack is wearing | 即使扎克身上穿的衣服 |
[18:03] | Is much more abrasive | 比死者的 |
[18:04] | than the cotton the victim was wearing. | 有更多的摩擦力 |
[18:05] | A blow like that | 打的力度 |
[18:06] | would have left behind unmistakable bone damage. | 能使骨头受到冲击吗 |
[18:09] | Have you tried striking Zack | 你有试着伤害 |
[18:11] | in the soft tissue or in the liver? | 到他的软组织或肝吗 |
[18:13] | What? Yeah anatomy’s really not my thing. | 什么 我承认不擅长解剖 |
[18:18] | That one had some pepper! | 太爽了 |
[18:20] | That would most certainly | 这样一定 |
[18:21] | have caused hemorrhaging in the liver followed by death. | 会在死后引起肝脏出血 |
[18:24] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[18:26] | The bat is so honed | 球棒结实 |
[18:27] | and close-grained it cannot be broken | 纹理细密 打在人体的软组织上 |
[18:29] | on the soft tissues of a human being. | 不太可能会出现裂痕 |
[18:30] | We can try striking his head. | 我们可以打他头试试 |
[18:32] | -What?! -Unnecessary. | -什么 -不用吧 |
[18:36] | So I guess a baseball bat was not the murder weapon. | 我觉得球棒不是凶器 |
[18:39] | Dr. Brennan | 布纳恩博士 |
[18:39] | I found something interesting in the victim’s X-rays. | 我在死者的X光片上发现了一些东西 |
[18:45] | The bones of the inner ear are missing here. | 内耳骨有缺损 |
[18:47] | Indicating that they | 也许 |
[18:48] | May have been extracted during the assault. | 是在受到攻击时破碎的 |
[18:50] | Did you set up the UV light source? | 你能设置紫外线光源吗 |
[18:52] | Yes. | 可以 |
[18:53] | Look I’ll do it Zack. | 我来 扎克 |
[18:54] | Thank you Dr. Brennan. | 谢谢 布纳恩博士 |
[18:56] | It’s hard to move in this suit. | 穿着这衣服不方便活动 |
[19:01] | These bone bruisings occurred before death. | 在死之前骨头已经有瘀伤 |
[19:04] | Possibilities? | 什么原因可能造成这样? |
[19:05] | Recurring patterns. | 是重复性创伤 |
[19:06] | So either struck repeatedly | 可能是同一种尖利物体反复攻击 |
[19:07] | with the same narrow weapon or perhaps | 也或者 |
[19:10] | crushed beneath some kind of grid. | 是被某种格状物压在下面 |
[19:12] | Could you please measure the exact distances | 可以测量出瘀伤之间的 |
[19:14] | – between the bruises? – Of course Dr. Brennan. | -精确距离吗 -当然可以 布纳恩博士 |
[19:23] | 6:30 p.m. Gemma and her choir sang here | 下午6:30 吉玛和她的唱诗班 |
[19:26] | for a group of hoity-toits. | 在这里为附庸风雅团们排练 |
[19:29] | I don’t know what that means. | 不明白你的意思 |
[19:31] | Shakers and machers you know | 有权有势和 |
[19:33] | and influential types– including Judge Hasty. | 有影响力的大人物们 包括海斯蒂法官 |
[19:35] | There was a reception here at 9:00 p.m. | 那天晚上9点有一个宴会 |
[19:37] | Gemma was seen here at the beginning of the reception | 吉玛接到了邀请 |
[19:39] | and then poof. | 接着消失 |
[19:41] | A year later her remains were found | 一年之后 却在纽约的垃圾填埋场 |
[19:42] | in a New York City landfill. | 找到她的遗骸 |
[19:45] | So what are we looking for? | 那么 我们要找什么 |
[19:46] | The source of the pattern of bone bruising | 她死之前有过突然袭击导致 |
[19:48] | that happened very shortly before she died. | 骨头瘀伤的证据 |
[19:51] | Regular strikes approximately 33 centimeters apart | 大概每隔33厘米有一个瘀伤 |
[19:54] | spanning the remains from forehead down to mid-femur. | 从前额到大腿中部 |
[19:57] | I was thinking something made of maple. | 我觉得凶器可能是枫木制造的物体 |
[20:00] | A heavy bookcase scaffolding a ladder. | 书柜 脚手架 梯子 |
[20:03] | I gotta tell you. | 我不得不说 |
[20:03] | I really am enjoying working with you Bones. | 我喜欢和你一起工作 骨头 |
[20:05] | Bones is not my name. | 骨头不是我的名字 |
[20:06] | Well it’s… A nickname? | 绰号吗 |
[20:08] | Oh yes I see. | 可以这么说吧 我知道了 |
[20:09] | I could call you Shoes. | 我可以叫你鞋吗 |
[20:10] | Shoes? Why Shoes? | 鞋 为什么是鞋 |
[20:12] | Yes because they are so very shiny. | 因为它们闪闪亮的 |
[20:14] | Shoes they’re part of my uniform. | 鞋是我制服的一个部分 |
[20:16] | The FBI– they just have a way of doing things. | FBI 只有一种做事方法 |
[20:18] | Well anthropologically speaking | 人类学认为 |
[20:20] | paramilitaristic organizations tend | 军事组织会 |
[20:22] | to constrain individuality. | 抹杀我们的个性 |
[20:25] | That’s for sure. | 确实如此 |
[20:26] | But in any group no matter how restrictive | 但在任何一个组织 无论多么受限制 |
[20:29] | the freethinkers the mavericks | 有领导能力的自由思想者 特立独行者 |
[20:31] | the rebels with leadership quality | 甚至叛徒 |
[20:34] | find ways to declare their distinctiveness. | 都自有其法彰显他们的与众不同 |
[20:37] | You know I’m a freethinking rogue rebel. | 你知道 我不过是个流氓小混混 |
[20:42] | Are you seeing anyone? | 你相过亲吗 |
[20:44] | Wow right to the point there huh Bones? | 问的正好 骨头 |
[20:46] | Um casually but she doesn’t really like my hours. | 见过一个 但她不喜欢我的作息时间 |
[20:50] | You? | 你呢 |
[20:51] | Well a physicist has been asking me out. | 一个物理学家刚甩了我 |
[20:54] | So I was thinking of saying yes. | 我也正这么想呢 |
[20:55] | I’d ask you out if I could. | 如果可以的话 我也不和你交往 |
[20:57] | Why can’t you? | 为什么不呢 |
[20:59] | Well FBI rules again. | FBI 的规章制度 |
[21:02] | No fraternizing with other agents or consultants. | 不许与其他部门或咨询公司深交 |
[21:05] | That’s too bad. | 太糟了 |
[21:07] | Glad you think so. | 很高兴你这么想 |
[21:10] | These stairs. | 这些楼梯 |
[21:12] | Look they’re made out of maple. | 它们是枫木制的吧 |
[21:13] | The sliver on the victim’s clothing could have come | 受害者衣服上的碎片肯定是来自 |
[21:15] | from violent contact with stairs. | 与楼梯的撞击 |
[21:18] | What about the bone bruising? | 那么骨头瘀伤呢 |
[21:19] | The hypotenuse of the triangle formed by the riser | 两节楼梯之间形成的斜面距离 |
[21:21] | and tread looks to be approximately 33 centimeters. | 看起来大概有33厘米 |
[21:25] | Gemma was probably trying to escape. | 也许吉玛当时试着逃跑 |
[21:27] | Well down here and the Judge… | 滚下来 接着法官… |
[21:31] | probably dragged her to the exit right over here. | 拖着她到出口这里 |
[21:34] | There it is. | 在那里 |
[21:36] | The killer could’ve driven back here | 杀手可能会开车到这 |
[21:38] | and taken her away without being seen. | 拉走她以防被人看到 |
[21:44] | You think that Gemma Harrington | 你认为吉玛·哈林顿 |
[21:46] | Was chased by Judge? | 是被海斯蒂法官追赶的吗 |
[21:48] | He played football in college. | 他大学时是足球队的 |
[21:49] | Then he swung her into a wall or something? | 然后他把她往墙上撞或者? |
[21:51] | Well no no no. | 不 不 不 |
[21:52] | The next part here shows that… | 下一个环节是… |
[21:53] | Who’s this now? | 这是谁 |
[21:54] | Oh I’m Angela Montenegro. | 我是安琪拉·马尼古 |
[21:57] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺术家 |
[21:58] | – Who are you? – It’s Ms. Julian. | -你是谁 -朱莉安女士 |
[22:00] | She’s a federal prosecutor. She’s on our side. | 她是联邦检察官 我们这边的 |
[22:02] | Tell her | 告诉她 |
[22:03] | that Angela possesses extremely keen spatial awareness. | 安琪拉有很强的空间掌控力 |
[22:05] | – And who’s this now? – That’s Squint. | -这又是谁 -她是自大小姐 |
[22:07] | I’m Dr. Temperance Brennan from the Jeffersonian. | 我是杰斐逊实验室的坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 |
[22:10] | Uh don’t bother. You know? Never remember Squints. | 别介意 别介意我说你自大 |
[22:13] | – That’s correct and you know why? – Why? | -没错 你知道为什么吗 -为什么 |
[22:15] | Because they get all wishy-washy and | 因为他们拿到的证据 |
[22:18] | flip-floppy on the witness stand. | 都空泛且无力 |
[22:20] | So it’s better I don’t remember the last time | 那么最好下次 |
[22:22] | they let me down when I meet them again. | 他们别再让我失望了 |
[22:24] | Here here continue with the flip book there. | 拿着 继续给她看画册 |
[22:25] | Okay yes okay. | 好的 没问题 |
[22:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:28] | So the judge tackles Gemma… | 接着法官追上了吉玛 |
[22:30] | You remember? You know football in college. | 记得吗 就是 大学足球队的那个 |
[22:32] | …and grabs her ankle. | …抓着她的脚踝 |
[22:34] | Wham! Right there. Bam all of a sudden | 就是这儿 砰的一下 突然间 |
[22:36] | you know he’s got an unconscious girl on his hands. | 你知道 他手里有个不省人事的女孩 |
[22:38] | And you know what he thinks she’s dead. | 你知道的 他以为她死了 |
[22:39] | Loads her into his car | 把她装到他 |
[22:40] | at the bottom of the stairs and drives her to a landfill | 楼下的车里 把她拉到垃圾填埋场 |
[22:43] | – In New York. – Why was he chasing her? | -在纽约的 -他为什么要追赶她 |
[22:44] | Who cares why? | 管他为什么呢 |
[22:46] | Let’s see. A judge a jury | 你想想 法官 陪审团成员 |
[22:48] | the press and oh yeah me. | 媒体 还有 我 |
[22:50] | Caroline all I need | 卡洛琳 我所需要的 |
[22:51] | is a warrant to arrest Judge Hasty. | 就是一纸逮捕海斯蒂法官的拘捕令 |
[22:53] | Well maybe if this little | 要是这些 |
[22:56] | stick figure thing was a big computer | 简笔画像电脑一样精确 |
[22:58] | lots of bells and whistles | 有很多细节描述的话还有可能 |
[23:00] | but right now it just looks like a sadistic children’s book. | 可现在 它看起来不过是个暴力小孩的涂鸦本 |
[23:04] | What’s the | 那女孩 |
[23:05] | pinch-of-death grip thing that actually killed the girl? | 有什么致命伤 |
[23:07] | We don’t know yet. | 我们还不知道 |
[23:09] | This won’t get me a warrant. | 这样是拿不到拘捕令的 |
[23:11] | I’m a lowly federal prosecutor and | 我不过是个小小的联邦检察官 |
[23:13] | Hasty is a big-shot federal judge. | 而海斯蒂可是个大牌联邦法官 |
[23:16] | A hoity-toit. Mm. | 还是附庸风雅团的 |
[23:21] | I see what’s going on here. | 我明白了 |
[23:23] | You’ve always wanted this office. | 你一直想要这间办公室 |
[23:25] | Tired of sitting out there in the bullpen. | 早就腻烦了坐在外面 |
[23:27] | Well I’m not committing career suicide | 我才不会为了你们的小儿科 |
[23:29] | because you’re cute and want a window. | 来影响到我的职业生涯 |
[23:31] | Oh we should go yeah. | 我们还是走吧 |
[23:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:35] | Listen he is very cute. | 听着 他真帅 |
[23:37] | Well I do respond | 我就觉得 |
[23:38] | to the breadth of his shoulders and his strong jaw line. | 他的宽肩膀和脸部线条还行 |
[23:40] | Guys guys guys okay. | 同志们 同志们 |
[23:41] | Caroline says that we can’t arrest the judge but | 卡洛琳说我们不能逮捕法官 |
[23:43] | she doesn’t say we can’t ask him a few questions. | 但她没说我们不能问他几个问题 |
[23:53] | Thanks so much for coming down Judge Hasty. | 感谢您的光临 海斯蒂法官 |
[23:55] | As you pointed out if I refused | 就像你说的 如果我不来 |
[23:58] | the headline news would read: | 头条新闻会这么写: |
[23:59] | “Federal Judge Declines | “联邦法官与 |
[24:00] | to Cooperate in Homicide Investigation.” | 凶案调查组合作” |
[24:02] | Well what we think is that you chased | 我们觉得是你追赶 |
[24:04] | Gemma Harrington and she fell down those stairs. | 吉玛·哈林顿 然后她摔下了楼梯 |
[24:06] | Okay Bones. Way to jump right in there. | 没错 骨头 就是从那跳出来 |
[24:08] | She was trying to escape you. | 她当时想逃离你 |
[24:10] | Why? I’m a very nice man. | 为什么 我可是个老好人 |
[24:12] | Did you use that line on her too? | 你对她也是这么说的吧 |
[24:13] | The only words I ever spoke | 我唯一和她说过的话 |
[24:14] | to the girl were “You have a lovely voice.” | 就是 “你的嗓音真可爱” |
[24:17] | And I said it in front of about a hundred people. | 而且我是在百余人面前这么说的 |
[24:19] | What did you not do in front of a hundred people Judge? | 那背着这些人你又干了什么呢 法官 |
[24:22] | – Okay. – Booth is | -好吧 -布斯指的是 |
[24:23] | suggesting sexual impropriety. | 性侵犯 |
[24:25] | So I chased her through the opera house. | 那么是我在剧院里追赶她 |
[24:27] | That’s very melodramatic. | 剧情还真夸张 |
[24:28] | And then what? | 接着呢 |
[24:30] | I pushed her down the stairs? | 我把她推下楼梯? |
[24:32] | No. She was trying to get away from you | 不 她当时试图逃离你 |
[24:34] | and you tripped her and she fell down those stairs. | 而你追上了她 她滚下了楼梯 |
[24:36] | – And she died? – No. Those injuries didn’t kill her. | -然后她死了? -不 那些创伤还不足以致死 |
[24:39] | You’re making this all up. | 都是你瞎编乱造的吧 |
[24:41] | And she’s making you look like an idiot. | 而且她让你看起来像个傻瓜 |
[24:43] | No. In fact I am very intelligent. | 不 事实上 我很聪明 |
[24:48] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[24:50] | You could have fooled me. | 你还真把我当傻瓜了 |
[24:54] | You’re ridiculous. | 你太可笑了 |
[25:07] | Is this very bad? | 这样很糟糕吗 |
[25:09] | I have been wanting to do that for years. | 我好多年都想这么做了 |
[25:11] | You are so hot! | 你真酷 |
[25:14] | That’s great! | 真棒 |
[25:20] | That woman punched a federal judge… in the nose! | 那个女人用拳猛击了联邦法官 的鼻子 |
[25:23] | Twice! | 还两次 |
[25:24] | Well self-defense. He was panicking. | 正当防卫 他当时恐吓她 |
[25:26] | All right we got a right. | 所以 我们有权利 |
[25:27] | Fire her and cut all ties. | 炒了她 划清界限 |
[25:29] | If we’re lucky Hasty sues her and not us. | 幸运的话 海斯蒂会起诉她而不是我们 |
[25:32] | Well I can’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[25:32] | She should never have been in the field. | 她再也不能在这行里露面 |
[25:34] | I’m sympathetic. | 我太有同情心的了 |
[25:35] | I have let a pretty face lead me | 让一张漂亮脸蛋 |
[25:38] | down the path of unrighteousness. | 拉我下水 |
[25:39] | Yours for example. | 是你们 应该这样说 |
[25:40] | Well it’s not like that. | 不是那样的 |
[25:42] | Of course it is. | 当然是 |
[25:43] | Watching you two together is like being at prom. | 看你们俩在一起多般配啊 |
[25:45] | But it’s not high school now Booth. | 但这不是在高中 布斯 |
[25:48] | It’s grownup time. | 成熟点吧 |
[25:49] | The beautiful scientist is fired. | 那个漂亮科学家被炒了 |
[25:51] | She just doesn’t know it yet. | 她还不知道 |
[25:53] | That oversight is what | 而这个消息 |
[25:54] | you must rectify. | 必须由你去告诉她 |
[25:56] | My advice? | 我的建议 |
[25:57] | Get her drunk first. | 先把她灌醉 |
[25:59] | Me? | 我? |
[26:04] | I’ve been trying to estimate the force needed | 我尝试估算能够对受害者颅骨 |
[26:06] | to cause this dage to the victim’s skull. | 造成如此伤害所需的力量 |
[26:10] | I’m working up a chart of equivalencies. | 我建立了一个等量模型 |
[26:13] | Alligator bites have been measured | 短吻鳄的咬合力可以达到 |
[26:14] | at 2 000 pounds of force. | 2000磅的力量 |
[26:16] | Hyenas at a thousand sharks at 330. | 土狼是1000 鲨鱼是330 |
[26:19] | Whatever did this damage was somewhere | 那介于人类和黑猩猩 |
[26:20] | between a human and a chimpanzee | 之间的破坏力是多少呢 |
[26:22] | meaning approximately 250 pounds of force. | 大概是接近250磅的力量 |
[26:25] | I just had a terrible thought. | 我刚刚有了一个大胆的想法 |
[26:27] | We removed the flesh by boiling. | 我们用蒸煮法去除了肌肉 |
[26:29] | What if there were particulates on the bone | 要是骨头上附着有 |
[26:30] | which Hodgins could identify? | 可以让哈金斯分析出的微粒呢 |
[26:33] | But we’re not used to dealing | 但我们还不习惯处理 |
[26:34] | with such fresh kills. | 这样近时代的谋杀案 |
[26:35] | – We must adapt. – Could I help? | -我们必须适应 -我能帮上忙吗 |
[26:39] | Wow! This place is huge. | 这里好大啊 |
[26:41] | Angela this is my assistant Zack Addy. | 安琪拉 这位是我的助理 扎克·安迪 |
[26:43] | Zack this is my friend Angela Montenegro. | 扎克 这是我朋友安琪拉·马尼古 |
[26:46] | Hey. It’s Jimmy Neutron huh? | 天才小子吉米 不是吗 |
[26:48] | Boy scientist? | 少年科学家? |
[26:49] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道是什么意思 |
[26:51] | Neither do I. | 我也不知道 |
[26:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:52] | Uh it occurred to me when I did the facial reconstruction | 我给那个女孩做面部重塑时 |
[26:56] | that the girl’s head was slammed. | 记得她的头被猛砸过 |
[26:59] | Well a door would have crushed | 可能她的头是在门 |
[27:01] | the entire side of her head Ange. | 关上的时候被夹了 安琪 |
[27:03] | Right but what if it were some kind of protuberance | 没错 但如果是某种凸起呢 |
[27:06] | like a bolt or something? | 比如门闩之类的 |
[27:08] | A sliding door? | 滑动门? |
[27:09] | Well I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:11] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺术家 |
[27:12] | I belong in Paris. | 我属于巴黎 |
[27:13] | What about a car trunk with a catch and a latch? | 会不会是放入后备箱时关箱门弄得? |
[27:16] | How much force would a slamming car trunk generate? | 关汽车后备箱的力量大概是多少 |
[27:21] | Is he doing that in his head? | 难道他是在脑中运算吗 |
[27:23] | 260 force pounds give or take. | 260磅压力 差不多 |
[27:25] | That could fit. | 那样就吻合了 |
[27:26] | I have to go meet Booth. | 我要去找布斯 |
[27:31] | I have a little math problem you can’t solve. | 我有一个你解决不了的小小数学难题 |
[27:35] | Can God create a bigger rock than he can roll? | 上帝能造出他滚不动的石头吗 |
[27:40] | Think about it. | 好好想想 |
[27:45] | Drink up eh? All right? | 干杯 还行吧 |
[27:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:49] | So all we have to do is compare the wounds | 我们要做的就是对比 |
[27:52] | in the victim’s skull with the judge’s cars. | 受害者颅骨伤痕和法官车上的痕迹 |
[27:55] | No Bones. Let’s just stop talking about the case | 不 骨头 我们还是先别谈那案子了 |
[27:57] | – just for one moment all right? – Okay. | -就一会儿 好吗 -好吧 |
[28:00] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[28:06] | Okay I… am declaring my individuality. | 好吧 我在表明我的个性 |
[28:10] | I am going rogue. | 我是有点豪放不羁的 |
[28:12] | You have gone rogue. | 你是挺豪放的 |
[28:13] | Okay here. | 好 再来 |
[28:15] | You can handle your liquor very well. | 你酒量很好啊 |
[28:17] | Well this stuff is nothing compared to the bang | 这些都比不上 |
[28:18] | I had to drink as a grad student in India. | 我在印度毕业时喝的酒 |
[28:20] | It’s made of fermented cannabis. | 用大麻酿造的 |
[28:22] | Here’s to bang. | 来 我们干杯吧 |
[28:23] | – To bang. – To bang. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[28:29] | You’re fired. | 你被炒鱿鱼了 |
[28:31] | What?! | 什么 |
[28:33] | Why? Because I drank bang? | 为什么 因为我喝大麻酒吗 |
[28:35] | But that was in pursuit of scholarly research. | 但那是为了学术研究做贡献啊 |
[28:37] | Why am I fired? | 我为什么被炒 |
[28:39] | You’re fired because you assaulted a federal judge. | 你被炒是因为你攻击了联邦法官 |
[28:42] | No. You thought that was hot. | 不 你不是觉得那很酷吗 |
[28:43] | I did. I did. It was very hot. | 是的 我说过 真的很酷 |
[28:45] | Okay? Cheers. | 好吧 干杯 |
[28:51] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[28:53] | If we don’t work together anymore then… | 要是我们以后不一起工作了 那… |
[28:56] | we could have sex. | 我们就能做爱了 |
[28:58] | I’ll call a cab. | 我去叫计程车 |
[29:00] | Oh hold on. Hold on. Hold on listen. | 等等 等一下 你听我说 |
[29:02] | Hold that cab. | 计程车等一下 |
[29:04] | Listen I got something to confess. | 听我说 我想向你坦白 |
[29:05] | Well is it the fact that you’re a direct descendant | 难道你想坦白你是约翰·威尔克斯·布斯 |
[29:07] | of John Wilkes Booth? | (刺杀林肯总统的人)的后代吗 |
[29:08] | I already know that. | 我已经知道了 |
[29:10] | Wait. Wait a second. How do you know that? | 等等 你怎么知道的 |
[29:11] | From your bone structure. | 从骨结构看出来的 |
[29:12] | J-Just keep that um under your hat | 请保密好吗 |
[29:14] | okay for now all right? Okay. | 暂时保密好吗 |
[29:16] | What I wanted to confess was… | 我想坦白的是… |
[29:18] | See I have a gambling problem but I’m dealing with it. | 我有好赌的毛病 但我正在戒 |
[29:22] | Why did you feel you had to tell me that? | 你为什么要跟我说这个 |
[29:25] | I don’t know. I just feel like um | 我也不知道 我只是感觉 |
[29:28] | this is going somewhere. | 有点情不自禁 |
[29:30] | Why did you feel like this is going somewhere? | 你为什么感觉情不自禁 |
[29:33] | I just… I feel like I’m gonna kiss you. | 我只是…觉得很想吻你 |
[29:45] | You kissed? | 你们接吻了? |
[29:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:47] | There was tongue contact. | 还是舌吻 |
[29:52] | My book is crap. | 我的书全是垃圾 |
[29:54] | Well that’s why we wanted to come here today. | 所以我们才会来这 |
[29:56] | Yeah. We just wanted to warn you Sweets | 没错 我们只是想警告你 甜甜 |
[29:57] | so you wouldn’t be barking up the wrong tree. | 你找错人了 |
[29:59] | How long did this affair last? | 这种情况持续了多久 |
[30:06] | Should we tell him? | 我们该告诉他吗 |
[30:08] | Yes! | 是的 |
[30:09] | Yes you should. | 是的 该告诉我 |
[30:22] | We are not spending the night together. | 我们不会在一起过夜的 |
[30:25] | Of course we aren’t. Why? | 当然不会 为什么 |
[30:26] | Tequila. | 龙舌兰 |
[30:28] | Hey hold-hold… Hold the cab. Hold the cab. | 嘿 等等 等等 计程车 |
[30:31] | Hey so you’re afraid that when I look at you | 你害怕明早我见到你 |
[30:33] | in the morning I’ll have regrets? | 会后悔所作的一切? |
[30:34] | That would never happen. | 这样的事不会再发生了 |
[30:44] | I went home and went to bed. | 之后我就回家睡觉了 |
[30:54] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[31:11] | Hey. Oh hey we have to tell you something. | 我们有事想跟你说 |
[31:14] | Zack told me how bad you felt | 扎克跟我说 |
[31:15] | about boiling all the particulates out of the skull. | 你后悔把颅骨煮了 |
[31:17] | I-I need some coffee. | 我想来点咖啡 |
[31:18] | – This is coffee. – Oh thank you. | -给你咖啡 -谢谢 |
[31:19] | Despite the boiling | 虽然被煮了 |
[31:20] | I was able to get microscopic samples from the bones. | 但我还是能从骨头里提炼出显微样品 |
[31:24] | Hey have I mentioned how excited I am | 我和你说过吗 |
[31:25] | to be working with you? | 跟你一起工作真的太激动了 |
[31:26] | Yes. Yeah you-you mentioned it. | 对 你说过了 |
[31:28] | Dr. Hodgins found microscopic fragments | 哈特金斯博士从钢和润滑油渍里 |
[31:30] | of steel and traces of lubricating oil. | 提炼出了显微样品 |
[31:32] | Zack and I compared manufacturer’s specs | 我和扎克把法官汽车后备箱的规格 |
[31:34] | for the judge’s trunk to the victim’s | 和被害人头部的伤口 |
[31:36] | gaping head wound. | 进行了对比 |
[31:38] | One of them matched. | 有一处吻合 |
[31:39] | We got fired. | 我们被解雇了 |
[31:41] | – A ’56 Bel Air. – What? | -56型贝尔艾尔 -什么 |
[31:42] | – What? – We got fired? | -什么 -被解雇了? |
[31:44] | What? Is this because you slept with Booth? | 什么 是因为你和布斯上床了吗 |
[31:46] | What? I didn’t sleep with Booth. Why-Why did you say that? | 我没和布斯上床 你怎么这么说 |
[31:48] | – Tequila vapors. – What is happening? | -龙舌兰的气味 -发生什么事了 |
[31:50] | Well I got us fired | 被解雇是因为 |
[31:51] | because I punched a judge in the schnozz. | 我打了一个法官的鼻子 |
[31:53] | Now I’m never gonna make it to Paris. | 现在我永远也去不了巴黎了 |
[31:55] | Angela I can offer you steady employment constructing | 安琪拉 我可以为你提供 |
[31:58] | ancient remains and tombs and digs. | 遗迹 古尸和挖古墓的稳定工作 |
[32:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:01] | You know I’ve always wanted to go to Paris with an artist. | 你知道我一直想和艺术家一起去巴黎呢 |
[32:03] | Zack take all of the evidence to Booth at the FBI. | 扎克 把所有证据拿给联邦探员布斯 |
[32:06] | Then we all can go back to our normal jobs. | 然后 我们可以恢复正常工作了 |
[32:10] | You ever feel like you saw something great | 你感觉到没 |
[32:12] | that almost happened then it didn’t? | 本来该发生的大事却没发生 |
[32:23] | Are you Special Agent Booth? | 你是特别探员布斯吗 |
[32:24] | What are you? | 你是谁 |
[32:26] | Oh. The Jeffersonian right. | 哦 杰斐逊实验室的 |
[32:29] | You must be one of the Squints. | 你肯定是那帮自大家伙里的一个 |
[32:31] | I’m not familiar with that term. | 我不知道你指什么 |
[32:32] | Squint. | 斜眼 |
[32:33] | You know you guys– | 你知道吗 小伙子 |
[32:35] | you squint when you look at things. | 你看东西的时候总斜眼 |
[32:36] | Just like that. | 就像现在这样的 |
[32:38] | This is proof that Federal Judge Myles Hasty murdered Gemma Harrington. | 这是联邦法官迈尔斯·海斯蒂杀害吉玛·哈林顿的证据 |
[32:42] | Proof? What proof? | 证据? 什么证据? |
[32:43] | It was immensely stupid of you to fire us. | 你炒了我们真是太白痴了 |
[32:46] | I’m sorry but did you just call me stupid? | 抱歉 你刚刚说我白痴了吗 |
[32:47] | I can only conclude that you are immensely stupid. | 我敢说你真的是超级大白痴 |
[32:55] | You fired the Jeffersonian Institution? | 你把杰斐逊实验室的人炒了? |
[32:57] | Uh I dot know what any of this stuff means. | 我不明白这份材料是什么意思 |
[33:00] | Yeah Caroline made me. | 没错 卡洛琳让我炒的 |
[33:03] | Dr. Bones punched the judge right in the nose. | 骨头博士打了法官的鼻子 |
[33:06] | They got the judge. | 他们证明出是法官了 |
[33:07] | They got the judge? | 证明出了? |
[33:08] | This is good news. | 真是个好消息 |
[33:09] | What did I tell you? | 我说什么来的 |
[33:11] | The girl’s head was smashed in | 女孩的头部被56型贝尔艾尔车 |
[33:13] | by the locking mechanism of a ’56 Bel Air. | 的后备箱锁积压了 |
[33:16] | Here’s the evidence. | 这就是证据 |
[33:17] | Oh more stickman cartoons? | 还是靠卡通小人画吗? |
[33:19] | Yes but you know you can jazz it up | 是的 不过你可以在测试前 |
[33:20] | with computers before trial. | 用电脑做出准确模型 |
[33:21] | Look at the evidence. | 看证据吧 |
[33:22] | If you’re wrong about this | 如果错了的话 |
[33:24] | my career is over. | 我就失业了 |
[33:25] | So don’t tell me to look at the evidence | 别让我看证据 |
[33:29] | because you know I’m going to look at the evidence. | 我会看的 |
[33:30] | And you reassure me. | 你 给我解释清楚 |
[33:30] | Yeah-yes. Cam and I | 是的 我和凯米拉 |
[33:31] | we-we did look at the evidence | 我们看过证据之后觉得 |
[33:32] | and we both feel that there is enough here | 我们有足够的理由 |
[33:34] | to get a warrant to search the judge’s vehicle. | 可以搜查法官的车 |
[33:37] | He’d better have done this | 最好他是真的有罪 |
[33:38] | because irritating a federal judge– very unwise. | 否则得罪联邦法官可是很不明智的 |
[33:42] | A small trace of blood any DNA | 只需一点点血迹 就能验出DNA |
[33:44] | would be enough to make an arrest. | 就足以抓人了 |
[33:46] | You fire the Jeffersonian already? | 你今天把杰斐逊实验室的人炒了? |
[33:47] | – Yeah of course. – Hire her back. | -当然 -再雇回来 |
[33:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:50] | And push come to shove | 字幕 |
[33:52] | you be ready to testify | 字幕 |
[33:53] | that judge walked into a door or something. | 字幕 |
[33:54] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[33:58] | I’ll have your warrant in an hour. | 一小时之后我会给你搜查令 |
[34:01] | So why are you still here? | 你们还在这干嘛 |
[34:07] | You’re back baby! | 你们又回来啦 宝贝儿 |
[34:08] | Ha ha! You’re rehired! | 你们又被重新聘用了 |
[34:11] | But I’ve moved on. | 但我已经有别的工作了 |
[34:12] | What is that a monkey? | 那是什么 猴子吗 |
[34:13] | No this is Ardipithecus ramidus kadabba | 不是 这是拉密达猿人卡达巴 |
[34:16] | the earliest known… | 最早被… |
[34:17] | Okay abracadabra can wait. | 好吧 那个什么卡达巴可以等等 |
[34:19] | All right we have a warrant | 我拿到了法官汽车的 |
[34:20] | for the judge’s car. | 搜查令 |
[34:21] | So let’s go. | 所以 咱们走 |
[34:22] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[34:23] | Get your coat. Chop-chop. | 快穿上大衣 快点快点 |
[34:45] | Is something wrong? | 有可疑之处吗 |
[34:47] | I find I’m annoyed with you. | 我快被你烦死了 |
[34:48] | Why because I fired you and hired you back? | 为什么 因为我把你炒了又聘回来吗? |
[34:50] | It’s the federal government. | 是联邦政府干的 |
[34:51] | No because you got me drunk to fire me | 不是 是因为你把我灌醉然后把我炒了 |
[34:53] | and then have sex with me. Whoa. | 然后还和我发生关系 |
[34:55] | No I got myself drunk so I could fire you | 不对 是我只有灌醉自己才能炒你 |
[34:57] | and you decided not to have sex with me | 而且最后你并没和我做爱 |
[34:59] | which I accepted gracefully. | 这点让我佩服的五体投地 |
[35:01] | So you’re regretting that decision? | 难道你后悔自己的决定了 |
[35:03] | No. I’m not. | 才没有 |
[35:04] | It was a very good decision. | 那真是个相当不错的决定 |
[35:05] | – I stand by it. – What’s going on Bones? | -我坚持 -怎么样 骨头 |
[35:07] | Do not call me Bones. | 别叫我骨头 |
[35:09] | This car’s been cleaned sanded and repainted | 车子清洁的很干净 打磨过也重漆了 |
[35:10] | and the rug is new. | 地毯也是新的 |
[35:11] | – All right so nothing? – Nothing. | -那么 什么也没发现吗 -没有 |
[35:13] | Can I have my car back? | 我能把车开走了吗 |
[35:15] | I see no reason why not. | 没理由再扣押了 |
[35:17] | You’ve done nothing but cooperate at every stage of this investigation. | 你们每次除了检查什么也没做 |
[35:19] | What that’s it? | 什么 就这样吗 |
[35:20] | Well we don’t have anything. | 我们什么也没找到 |
[35:21] | – Well my people should look at it. – Why? | -我的人要看看 -为什么 |
[35:23] | – Because we’re smarter than you. – I beg your pardon? | -因为我们比你们聪明 -能再说一遍吗 |
[35:25] | Oh please do you really think | 拜托 你还真以为 |
[35:27] | the best and brightest go into law enforcement? | 精英都去执法了吗 |
[35:28] | No the best and brightest go to the Jeffersonian. | 你错了 精英都在杰斐逊实验室呢 |
[35:30] | Oh really? Because you know the one I met | 是吗 我可知道 有个人 |
[35:32] | couldn’t pick his nose without instruction. | 没有指令连抠鼻子都不可以呢 |
[35:34] | The locking mechanism should be removed. | 把后备箱门锁拆下来 |
[35:36] | Okay excuse me. You know what? | 抱歉 你知道吗 |
[35:38] | You really need to learn how to speak to human beings. | 你该去学学怎么说人话 |
[35:40] | I speak six languages. | 我会六种语言 |
[35:42] | Two of which you’ve never even heard of. | 有两种你根本闻所未闻 |
[35:43] | You know what? You’re a cold fish. | 你知道吗 你是冷血动物 |
[35:44] | You’re a superstitious moron. | 你是迷信的大白痴 |
[35:46] | -Get a soul. -Get a brain. | -有点人情行吗 -有点脑子行吗 |
[35:47] | -Agent Booth… -What? What? | -布斯探员 -什么 什么 |
[35:48] | I’m Agent Booth. | 布斯探员是我 |
[35:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:52] | – What is that? – I have no idea. | -那是什么 -不知道 |
[35:53] | It’s a stapes. Human. | 是镫骨 人类的 |
[35:55] | – It’s a bone from the inner ear. – Gemma Harrington’s? | -是内耳的骨头 -是吉玛·哈林顿的吗 |
[35:57] | Well I have no way of knowing that without doing some tests. | 不做实验我没法下结论 |
[35:59] | Anyone who took high school science should know that. | 任何有高中毕业证的人都应该知道 |
[36:01] | Anyone with a high school education would figure | 任何有高中毕业证的人都会说 |
[36:04] | “Hey who else’s could it be?” | “还可能是谁” |
[36:05] | Send this to the Jeffersonian. | 把这个送到杰斐逊实验室 |
[36:06] | We’ll check it for DNA. | 我们要验DNA |
[36:10] | All right you know what? | 好的 你知道吗 |
[36:12] | That’s fine all right. That’s it. | 那很好 好的 就这样 |
[36:13] | Judge Hasty you are under arrest pal. | 海斯蒂法官 你被捕了 伙计 |
[36:25] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[36:27] | Here have a glass of water. | 给你 喝杯水吧 |
[36:31] | It’s like– | 这就像是… |
[36:33] | it’s like you two missed your moment. | 是你俩在怀念往昔 |
[36:35] | And then you punished each other for it. | 然后互相抨击 |
[36:37] | And you know who ends up paying the price? | 知道最后谁会付出代价吗 |
[36:40] | Me. | 我 |
[36:42] | I do. | 我知道 |
[36:43] | Okay what happened next? | 好吧 接下来发生了什么 |
[36:47] | Well the minute I had the judge in the interrogation room | 我让法官进审讯室的那一刻 |
[36:49] | he started to mess up. | 他开始慌了 |
[36:53] | Stapes. | 镫骨 |
[36:54] | It was Gemma Harrington’s stapes of course. | 当然 是吉玛·哈林顿的镫骨 |
[36:57] | So we had proof she had been killed in the trunk of his car. | 有证据表明她是在他的后备箱里被杀的 |
[37:01] | We also had testimony | 还有证人证言 |
[37:03] | from the valet who actually saw him pull in the back alley. | 服务员看见他在后巷拉什么东西 |
[37:05] | Lie upon lie. | 谎言始终是谎言 |
[37:07] | Fact upon fact. | 事实始终是事实 |
[37:08] | But I just– I didn’t know why. | 不过我… 不知道为什么 |
[37:10] | Booth is obsessed with why people do things. | 布斯痴迷于人们为何这么做 |
[37:12] | Yeah what did what did Gemma see? | 是的 吉玛 看到了什么呢 |
[37:14] | I mean why did Hasty chase her | 我是说 为何海斯蒂 |
[37:16] | through the back of the theater? | 在剧院后面追赶她 |
[37:17] | But you figured it out right? | 但最后你查出来了 对吗 |
[37:19] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[37:20] | Me. | 是我 |
[37:22] | I noticed the way | 我注意到 |
[37:23] | he touched his nose very gingerly. | 他小心翼翼的摸自己的鼻子 |
[37:30] | Now considering you have no motive I’m sure you can see | 考虑到没有动机 我相信你明白 |
[37:33] | there’s no sense in detaining my client. | 没有理由扣留我的当事人 |
[37:36] | I know what happened. | 我知道发生过什么 |
[37:38] | When the prosecutor tells the jury | 当检控官告诉陪审团时 |
[37:40] | they’re going to believe it too. | 他们也会相信的 |
[37:42] | It had to be something that would’ve ruined his career. | 肯定有什么东西会毁了他的事业 |
[37:44] | But also destroyed his judgment. | 也摧毁了他的公正 |
[37:46] | You’ve had your septum replaced. | 你做过鼻膈膜修复手术吧 |
[37:48] | What was it? Cocaine? | 怎么弄的 可卡因 |
[37:49] | Crystal meth? | 晶体脱氧麻黄碱 |
[37:51] | Gemma saw you snorting something. | 吉玛看见你在吸食什么东西 |
[37:53] | He thought he killed her on the stairs | 他以为在楼梯那里杀死了她 |
[37:54] | so he went to get his car. | 所以去取车 |
[37:56] | She regained consciousness | 把吉玛装进后备箱时 |
[37:57] | as he loaded her into the truck. | 她恢复了知觉 |
[37:58] | He panicked and slammed the lid | 他惊慌的 猛的一关后车盖 |
[38:01] | which… killed her. | 就这样… 杀死了她 |
[38:05] | I just wanted to stop her. | 我只想阻止她 |
[38:07] | Reason with her. | 和她讲条件 |
[38:09] | Maybe offer her a bribe. | 或许向她行贿 |
[38:13] | But she ran. | 可她一直跑 |
[38:14] | That’s enough Myles. | 够了 迈尔斯 |
[38:16] | And it was. | 就是这样 |
[38:25] | Judge Hasty will be eligible for parole in ten years. | 十年后海斯蒂法官才有假释资格 |
[38:29] | That’s the story of our first case Sweets. | 这就是我们的第一件案子 小甜甜 |
[38:31] | Sorry about your book. | 关于你的书 很抱歉 |
[38:32] | No it’s not. It’s not. | 不 不是的 不是的 |
[38:34] | What happened between you two? | 你们之间发生了什么吗 |
[38:39] | We started to argue. | 我们开始争吵 |
[38:41] | In front of the victim’s mother. | 在受害人的母亲面前 |
[38:43] | Well I was worried | 我担心 |
[38:44] | that we still didn’t have enough evidence to convict. | 我们还不够证据定罪 |
[38:46] | I told her this was definitely | 我明确的告诉她 |
[38:47] | not the place to bring this up. | 不要在这里提这个 |
[38:50] | – Let go of me! – I will if you would just… | -放开我 -我会的 如果你能… |
[38:52] | Ow! What the hell? You are a bully! | 到底怎么了 你这个恶霸 |
[38:54] | You know you grab my arm just like the judge. | 你像法官那样抓着我的胳膊 |
[38:56] | You use your badge | 你用徽章 |
[38:57] | and your gun to intimidate people. | 和枪恫吓人们 |
[38:59] | Really? The way you use your brain | 是吗 你用脑的方式 |
[39:00] | to make people around you feel stupid. | 让周围的人觉得你很愚蠢 |
[39:01] | Well you are a stupid man. I hate you. | 你是个笨蛋 我讨厌你 |
[39:04] | Oh you hate me. | 你讨厌我 |
[39:05] | What are you ten years old? | 什么 你才十岁吗 |
[39:06] | I’m not your dad. | 我又不是你爸爸 |
[39:06] | I will never work with you again. | 我不会再和你合作了 |
[39:08] | Who asked you? | 谁求你了 |
[39:19] | You struck him? | 你打了他? |
[39:21] | Well I shouldn’t have grabbed her. | 我不应该抓着她的 |
[39:23] | – We’re sorry about your book. – Okay this is– | -我们对你的书很抱歉 -这是… |
[39:26] | you… you are totally messed up. | 你们… 搞得一团糟 |
[39:28] | I always said that you could never kiss | 我总是告诫你们不能接吻 |
[39:29] | because if you did then the dam would break. | 因为如果那样就会越界的 |
[39:31] | And now it turns out that you kissed. | 现在结论是你们已经接吻了 |
[39:33] | Did the dam break? | 越界了吗 |
[39:35] | What-what does that mean? | 这… 这什么意思 |
[39:36] | Well he-he still thinks that we slept together. | 他… 还认为我们上过床了 |
[39:39] | Well we’re not in love with each other. | 我们没有恋爱 |
[39:42] | It took us a year | 我们接吻后 |
[39:43] | after we kissed to be in the same room together right? | 花了一年的时间才能共处一室 对吗 |
[39:46] | Oh absolutely. | 当然 |
[39:48] | Right. | 没错 |
[39:49] | No more kissing or anything. | 没有再接吻或别的什么 |
[39:50] | If you’re not in love then how come | 如果你们没有恋爱 |
[39:51] | you haven’t been in any serious relationships | 自从第一次见面后 |
[39:53] | since you first met huh? | 你们各自怎么没有恋爱过 |
[39:55] | I don’t really do that. | 我确实没恋爱过 |
[39:56] | You know a job son. | 伙计 你知道的 工作 |
[39:58] | One of you has to have the courage to break this stalemate. | 你们中的一个人必须有勇气打破僵局 |
[40:02] | You. It’s got to be you | 你 还是你来吧 |
[40:03] | because you’re the gambler. | 因为你是投机者 |
[40:04] | For once make that work for you. | 就这一次 为你自己做这件事 |
[40:17] | Something to eat? | 要吃点什么吗 |
[40:18] | I could eat. | 我饿了 |
[40:20] | Okay. Sorry about that book. | 好 对你的书很抱歉 |
[40:34] | In his book Sweets wrote | 在他的书里 小甜甜写到 |
[40:35] | that being abandoned by my parents made me convinced | 父母遗弃我 让我深信 |
[40:39] | that all meaningful relationships are doomed. | 一切有意义的关系都被毁灭了 |
[40:42] | Hey he wrote that I got white knight syndrome | 他写我得了白骑士综合症 |
[40:44] | because of my physically abusive alcoholic father. | 因为体格 骂人 还有酗酒的父亲 |
[40:47] | Hate psychology. | 讨厌心理学 |
[40:51] | I’m the gambler. | 我是个投机者 |
[40:56] | I believe in giving this a chance. | 我相信给彼此一个机会 |
[41:01] | Look I want to give this a shot. | 我想试一试 |
[41:04] | You mean us? | 你说我们吗 |
[41:07] | No the FBI won’t let us | 不 联邦调查局 |
[41:08] | work together as a couple. | 不会允许夫妻一起共事的 |
[41:09] | Don’t do that. That is no reason… | 别这样 没理由… |
[41:15] | No! | 不 |
[41:16] | – No! – Why? Why? | -不 -为什么 为什么 |
[41:18] | You-you thought you’re protecting me | 你觉得你是在保护我 |
[41:19] | but you’re the one who needs protection. | 你才是需要保护的那个人 |
[41:21] | Protecting from what? | 为什么需要保护 |
[41:22] | From me. | 因为我 |
[41:25] | I… I don’t have your kind of open heart. | 我… 不像你那么坦率 |
[41:27] | Just give it a chance. | 给爱一个机会吧 |
[41:28] | That’s all I’m asking. | 我只求这个 |
[41:29] | No you said it yourself. | 不 是你一厢情愿 |
[41:31] | The definition of insanity is doing the same thing | 精神病的定义就是不断的重复做一件事 |
[41:33] | over and over again and expecting a different outcome. | 还期望有不同的结果 |
[41:35] | Well then let’s go | 那就让我们 |
[41:36] | for a different outcome here all right? | 有个不同的结果 好吗 |
[41:37] | Let’s just– hear me out all right? | 让我们… 听我说完 好吗 |
[41:38] | You know when you talk to older couples | 当你和老夫妻说话时 |
[41:40] | who you know have been in love for 30 or 40 or 50 years | 就是爱了30 40 50年的那种夫妻 |
[41:43] | all right? It’s always the guy who says “I knew.” | 知道吗 这样的人总是说”我知道” |
[41:47] | I knew. | 我知道 |
[41:49] | Right from the beginning. | 从一开始就知道 |
[41:51] | Your evidence is anecdotal. | 你的闲情逸事还挺多 |
[41:53] | I’m that guy. | 我就是那个人 |
[41:55] | Bones I’m that guy. | 骨头 我就是那个人 |
[41:56] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[41:59] | I… | 我… |
[42:01] | I am not a gambler. | 我不是投机者 |
[42:03] | I’m a scientist. | 我是个科学家 |
[42:04] | I can’t change. | 我无法改变 |
[42:06] | I don’t know how. | 不知道如何改变 |
[42:10] | I don’t know how. | 不知道… |
[42:16] | – Please don’t look so sad. – All right okay. | -请不要这么伤心 -好 好吧 |
[42:25] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[42:27] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[42:30] | Can we still work together? | 我们还能一起共事吗 |
[42:40] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:46] | But I got to move on. | 可我还得继续 |
[42:49] | You know I got to find someone who’s who’s going to love me | 我必须找到一个能和我相爱 |
[42:54] | in 30 years or 40 or 50. | 30 40或者50年的人 |
[42:59] | I know. | 我知道 |