时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | It’s so dark. | 好黑 |
[00:04] | All new border agents start out on night duty. | 所有新来的边界巡逻员都从值夜班开始 |
[00:06] | Get used to it. | 学着适应吧 |
[00:07] | Everything up past that rock is Canada. | 过了那块石头就是加拿大了 |
[00:09] | That’s all you got to know. | 记住这点就行 |
[00:10] | Unless you forget your long Johns, | 只要你没忘了穿秋裤 |
[00:11] | it’s a piece of cake. | 不过就是小菜一碟 |
[00:12] | What about smugglers or terrorists? | 要是碰上走私贩或是恐怖分子呢 |
[00:14] | This ain’t Mexico, bucko. | 这又不是墨西哥 呆子 |
[00:16] | At most you’ll get a Mohawk slicking beer | 顶多也就是碰上莫霍克族人在喝啤酒 |
[00:18] | or cross the border to avoid taxes. | 或是跑到加拿大逃税的人 |
[00:21] | Where do they get you trainees? | 他们从哪儿挑来的实习生 |
[00:23] | You can’t even walk without tripping over your own feet. | 怎么走路都会被自己的脚绊到 |
[00:25] | Those aren’t my feet! | 不是我的脚 |
[00:30] | Oh, crap. | 该死 |
[00:35] | This is gonna be a lot of paperwork. | 这下得写老多报告了 |
[00:43] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[00:45] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[00:46] | It’s just, I received | 只是我收到 |
[00:47] | this letter of acceptance from Columbia. | 哥伦比亚大学的录取通知 |
[00:49] | Ooh, congratulations. In what? | 恭喜啊 什么专业 |
[00:52] | Undergraduate French literature. | 法国文学本科课程 |
[00:53] | Are you telling me in some roundabout way | 你是在迂回地告诉我 |
[00:56] | that you want to radically change your life? | 你要改头换面重新做人吗 |
[00:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[00:58] | I’m also changing my name to Michelle Welton. | 我还把名字改成了米歇尔·威尔顿 |
[01:01] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[01:03] | Cam’s daughter got into Columbia. | 凯的女儿要去哥大 |
[01:05] | Yep. | 是的 |
[01:06] | Wait, why did you open her mail? | 等等 你打开她的邮件干什么 |
[01:08] | It was in my pile, because Cam had it sent here. | 就在我信堆里 因为凯留的这的地址 |
[01:13] | Cam? | 凯 |
[01:14] | Wouldn’t Michelle give her address | 米歇尔怎么没留自己地址 |
[01:15] | so that it would just go right to…? | 这样她就能直接收… |
[01:19] | Cam got her daughter into Columbia behind her back. | 凯背着她女儿偷偷把她弄进了哥大 |
[01:22] | Because she didn’t want her | 她不想她女儿 |
[01:23] | to go to that little school up in Maine. | 去缅因州上那个小破学校 |
[01:25] | Oh, wow. | 哇哦 |
[01:27] | Honey, this is bad parenting. | 亲爱的 这不是好父母所为 |
[01:28] | We will never do anything like this, promise me now. | 现在就向我保证决不做这样的事 |
[01:31] | What do I do now? | 我现在怎么办 |
[01:32] | You give it to Cam. | 交给凯 |
[01:33] | I mean, do I say anything? | 我是说 我需要说点什么吗 |
[01:35] | No. It is not your business. | 不需要 跟你没关系 |
[01:37] | Can I give her a disapproving look? | 我能给她个”责备”的表情吗 |
[01:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[01:41] | That’s a good one. | 这表情很到位 |
[01:46] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:54] | You have something to say about this? | 你有话要说吗 |
[01:56] | Angela says no. | 安琪拉说什么都不说 |
[01:58] | But this is a disapproving look. | 但要给你个”责备”的表情 |
[02:00] | Does it mean anything that it’s all moot? | 我这样做毫无意义又有何妨 |
[02:02] | Michelle is determined to go to community college | 米歇尔一心一意要跟她男朋友一起 |
[02:05] | in Outer Mongolia to be with her boyfriend. | 去”蒙古”上社区大学 |
[02:26] | So you found 11 feet so far? | 目前找到11只脚 |
[02:28] | Yep. | 对 |
[02:29] | This whole yellow flag section is our side. | 插黄旗这部分是咱的 |
[02:32] | Rest of it’s the Canadians. | 其它的在加拿大境内 |
[02:33] | Well, unless it rained feet, | 除非天上下脚了 |
[02:35] | these puppies definitely washed ashore. | 这些玩意儿肯定是被冲上岸的 |
[02:37] | Yeah, my trainee tripped over one of them last night. | 我带的实习生昨晚踩到一只 |
[02:44] | I think I’ll, uh, | 我想我还是 |
[02:45] | wait over there, if that’s okay with you. | 在那边等吧 如果你不介意的话 |
[02:47] | Yeah, right, go grab yourself a donut. | 去吃个甜甜圈吧 |
[02:48] | Based on the size, this belonged to an adult male. | 根据大小判断 这是一只成年男子的脚 |
[02:51] | Given the range of motion | 依据跖趾关节的 |
[02:52] | of the metatarsophalangeal joint, I’d say he was | 活动范围 我判断他年龄在 |
[02:54] | somewhere between 18 and 50. | 18岁到50岁之间 |
[02:56] | Great. That narrows it down to about 50 million people. | “好厉害” 一下子就缩小到五千万人口 |
[03:01] | Yes, this appears to be a pair. | 是的 这应该是一双 |
[03:03] | Great, okay. Two down, 11 to go. | 很好 搞定两只 还有十一只 |
[03:05] | Oh, nine to go. | 九只 |
[03:06] | These boots are empty. | 这双靴子是空的 |
[03:08] | Hey, Bones, how much you want to bet that those boots | 骨头 要不要打赌这双靴子 |
[03:09] | belong to Shoeless Joe over there? | 原本是穿在那只无名脚上的 |
[03:12] | Well, I’ll see | 我得看看这靴子 |
[03:14] | if the size of the boots conform to Joe. Okay? | 的尺码跟无名脚的大小是否吻合 |
[03:17] | Hey, B-Bones, | 喂 骨头 |
[03:19] | you know, just, you know, when you go over there, | 过去交涉的时候 |
[03:21] | just be nice. They’re Canadians. | 表现温和点 他们可是加拿大人 |
[03:23] | You’re referring to the broad generalization | 你是想指出”加拿大人都很有礼貌” |
[03:24] | that Canadians are polite? | 这一普遍认识吗 |
[03:26] | Yes, I am. | 就当是吧 |
[03:27] | Sorry, excuse me. | 很抱歉 打扰了 |
[03:28] | Dr. Douglas Filmore. | 我是道格拉斯·费摩尔博士 |
[03:29] | I’m here to examine the feet. | 我来检查脚的 |
[03:32] | I know him, Booth. | 布斯 我认识他 |
[03:33] | – Who? – Him. | -谁 -他 |
[03:34] | Dr. Filmore. | 费摩尔博士 |
[03:37] | How are you? | 近来如何 |
[03:40] | Dr. Brennan, it’s, uh, been quite a while. | 布纳恩博士 好久不见 |
[03:43] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[03:44] | Uh, excuse the left hand. | 抱歉 我用了左手 |
[03:45] | I’m having some issues with my right arm. | 右臂有点不便 |
[03:50] | So, you’re here to examine the remains as well, eh? | 你也是来检查遗骸的啊 |
[03:53] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[03:54] | Um, this is Special Agent Seeley Booth, FBI. | 这位是联调局特别探员瑟雷·布斯 |
[03:57] | – We’re partners. – Nice to meet you. | -我们是搭档 -很高兴认识你 |
[03:59] | – Pleasure. – So what happened to your arm? | -很高兴见到你 -你胳膊怎么了 |
[04:01] | It was Thursday, May 9. | 五月九日星期四 |
[04:02] | I was in my office doing some reading, | 我在办公室阅读材料 |
[04:04] | and my right arm just ceased to function. | 我的右胳膊突然就不动了 |
[04:06] | The physicians can’t seem to find the cause. | 内科医生查不出原因 |
[04:07] | Very tough. I’m sorry to hear that. | 不好过啊 我很遗憾 |
[04:09] | Coincidentally, I had just finished reading | 巧的是 我那时刚刚拜读完 |
[04:11] | Dr. Brennan’s incredibly thorough | 布纳恩博士异常透彻的文章 |
[04:14] | repudiation of my attempts to get my field of study | 驳回我试图让法医科学家委员会 |
[04:17] | recognized by the Board of Forensic Scientists. | 认可我的研究领域 |
[04:19] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[04:20] | I-I work extremely hard on being thorough. | 我很努力把文章写得透彻 |
[04:22] | It’s gratifying when someone notices. | 很高兴有人能注意到 |
[04:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:25] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[04:27] | So, w-what exactly do you do again? | 那你…你到底做什么的 |
[04:29] | Dr. Filmore calls himself a forensic podiatrist even though | 费摩尔博士自称是法证足科医生 |
[04:32] | that’s not an officially recognized discipline. | 尽管这学科还没有被正式承认 |
[04:34] | Yes, I am merely a board certified podiatrist | 是啊 我不过是个委员会认证的足科医生 |
[04:38] | who assists law enforcement professionals | 通过提供详尽的足病分析 |
[04:39] | by providing sound podiatric analysis | 用于法证调查 |
[04:42] | to forensic investigations. | 以协助执法人员 |
[04:44] | But I thank you for correcting me, Dr. Brennan. | 不过感谢你纠正我 布纳恩博士 |
[04:46] | You’re very welcome. | 不必客气 |
[04:49] | So, can you, uh, tell me | 那你能告诉我 |
[04:50] | how long these feet have been in the river? | 这些脚在河里泡了多久了吗 |
[04:52] | – No. – No. | -不能 -不能 |
[04:53] | I need to take all the feet back to | 我得把脚带回 |
[04:54] | the Jeffersonian for further examination. | 杰斐逊实验室进一步检查 |
[04:56] | Uh, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[04:59] | Excuse me. Would you be so good as to point out for me | 打扰下 能帮我指明一下 |
[05:01] | the international boundary? | 国界线吗 |
[05:04] | Straight shot from that rock over there to the border marker | 从那个石头算起到那边的国界石碑 |
[05:07] | and right across the river. | 直穿过河流 |
[05:08] | I see. So, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 我明白了 那不好意思了 |
[05:10] | Okay, whoa, whoa, look. | 等下 听着 |
[05:11] | Pal, we’re supposed to be cooperating here, that’s all. | 伙计 我们应该合作共事 |
[05:13] | I’m sorry, Dr. Brennan, | 不好意思 布纳恩博士 |
[05:14] | but as far as we’re concerned, | 依我们所知 |
[05:15] | these are Canadian feet, | 这些都是加拿大的脚 |
[05:17] | and as such, they will be examined | 既然如此 它们就只能 |
[05:18] | by an ordinary, garden-variety podiatrist. | 由我这个默默无闻的足科医生检查了 |
[05:23] | That’s great. | 很好 |
[05:24] | Now look what you’ve done. | 看看你都干了什么 |
[05:25] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[06:04] | So, Brennan said the victim was a golfer? | 布纳恩说被害人是高尔夫球员 |
[06:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[06:08] | From the X-rays of his feet? | 从脚部X光看出来的吗 |
[06:10] | Apparently, the osteo morphosis | 很明显 他的后空间龟形体的 |
[06:11] | of his metaspacial turtlicious proves it. | 骨骼形态结构说明了一切 |
[06:14] | You made those words up. | 这些词儿都是你瞎编的吧 |
[06:15] | Hey, you want the real thing, | 想知道到底是什么 |
[06:16] | you’re gonna have to read the podiatrist’s article. | 你可得好好读那个足科医生的论文 |
[06:18] | The one that Brennan refuted? | 就是布纳恩驳斥的那个 |
[06:20] | Booth says that she refuted him so hard | 布斯说她批得太狠了 |
[06:22] | that it paralyzed his arm. | 他胳膊都瘫痪了 |
[06:24] | Really? | 真的啊 |
[06:25] | Well, then why did she ask him to work the case with us? | 那她怎么会找他跟咱们一起办这个案子 |
[06:27] | Because he has the rest of the feet Brennan wants. | 因为他有布纳恩需要的其余的脚 |
[06:29] | Jurisdictionally speaking, those feet are Canadian. | 从管辖权范畴讲 那些脚是加拿大的 |
[06:32] | Hmm, severed feet. | 断脚 |
[06:34] | Ugh, Canucks can have them. | 法裔加拿大人干的出来 |
[06:36] | No, they weren’t cut off. | 不 它们不是被砍下来的 |
[06:37] | The feet fell off the rest of the bodies | 尸体在水里的时候 |
[06:39] | when they were in the water, and then the shoes | 脚掉了下来 然后鞋子 |
[06:41] | kind of floated them to the surface. | 不知怎么地把它们弄到水面上 |
[06:45] | Man, is it me or do these… | 是我鼻子出问题了 |
[06:48] | smell like a bad gym? | 还是这鞋闻起来像健身房的臭味 |
[06:50] | Seriously stinks, right? | 太臭了 |
[06:54] | Okay, if they were in the river, | 如果是在河里的 |
[06:55] | wouldn’t that sweat smell be gone? | 这些味儿应该早就没了啊 |
[06:58] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[06:59] | These boots weren’t worn by someone in the river, | 这双靴子不是河里的死尸穿的 |
[07:02] | more likely someone who encountered these feet. | 而是某个偶遇这些脚的人穿的 |
[07:04] | Would there be enough sweat in the boot to extract DNA? | 鞋里有没有足量的汗液可以提取DNA |
[07:08] | The human foot sweats an average of one cup a day. | 人脚每天平均出一杯汗 |
[07:12] | You know, there are some things | 知道吗 有些东西 |
[07:14] | that I really don’t need to know. | 我实在是没必要知道 |
[07:18] | Dr. Filmore got clearance | 费摩尔博士得到 |
[07:20] | from the Canadian government to work with you. | 加拿大政府的许可与你共事 |
[07:23] | He should be here today with the feet. | 他今天就能带脚过来了 |
[07:25] | Great. | 很好 |
[07:26] | I read the article you wrote. | 我读过你写的文章了 |
[07:28] | It’s quite good, wasn’t it? | 写的挺好的吧 |
[07:29] | Booth is right, you should apologize. | 布斯说得对 你应该道歉 |
[07:31] | – What? – You undermined his life’s work. | -什么 -你诋毁他终生的工作 |
[07:34] | You dismissed him and ridiculed the notion | 你驳回了他 还嘲笑 |
[07:35] | that he be recognized as a forensic podiatrist. | 将他认可为一名法证足科医生的动议 |
[07:38] | I had to, otherwise, we’d have forensic dermatologists, | 我必须这么做 不然很快就有法证皮肤病医生 |
[07:40] | forensic chiropractors. | 法证手疗法医师了 |
[07:42] | Where would it end? | 什么时候是个头 |
[07:43] | You paralyzed the guy, bones, okay? | 你让这个人右臂瘫痪 骨头 明白吗 |
[07:45] | Dr. Sweets here did his research | 小甜甜博士做了些研究 |
[07:47] | and he’s gonna get shrinky with you. Get shrinky with her. | 他要跟你来心理学那一套 快 开始 |
[07:49] | Are you two ganging up on me? | 你们俩是联合反对我吗 |
[07:50] | His paralysis sounds like conversion disorder. | 他手臂瘫痪可能是交换紊乱 |
[07:53] | A major stress event creates a psychic conflict. | 由于心理压力引发的身体冲突 |
[07:57] | The person converts that intrapsychic distress | 这样的人将内心的压力 |
[07:59] | into physical symptoms | 转化成身体症状 |
[08:00] | as a way of resolving an issue | 为他情感上无法处理的问题 |
[08:01] | that he can’t deal with emotionally. | 寻找一种解决之道 |
[08:03] | Exactly. Whatever he said. | 一点没错 就是他说的意思 |
[08:04] | So it’s my fault that he can’t deal with his own life? | 他应对不了自己的人生难道是我的错吗 |
[08:07] | You just don’t get it, do you, Bones? | 你就是无法理解 是不是 骨头 |
[08:08] | Not at all. | 一点都不理解 |
[08:10] | Well, got a DNA match off the sweaty boot. | 从那双汗脚靴上提取的DNA有结果了 |
[08:13] | Canadian ex-con with mental health issues. | 是一个加拿大惯犯 精神有点问题 |
[08:15] | Sounds like you’re up. | 听起来是你的菜 |
[08:16] | I’m on it. | 我这就去 |
[08:18] | Sometimes, wouldn’t you just like to be a person | 偶尔地 你就不能表现得 |
[08:21] | like the rest of us instead of someone | 跟我们这些普通人一样 |
[08:23] | who just paralyzes people? | 而不是把别人气得瘫痪吗 |
[08:26] | Those of us who tell the truth | 敢于吐露真理的人 |
[08:27] | have always endured harsh judgment– | 总是要承受严厉的批判 |
[08:30] | Copernicus, Galileo. | 哥白尼 伽利略 |
[08:32] | I accept that as something I have to deal with. | 我意识到这种情况对我而言也是难免的 |
[08:37] | Okay, so the blank columns | 这些空着的栏 |
[08:38] | are for the Canadian feet. | 是为加拿大境内的那些残足预留的 |
[08:40] | Exactly. According to Booth, | 没错 根据布斯的说法 |
[08:41] | our neighbors to the north have two pairs | 咱们北边的邻居境内有两对完整的 |
[08:44] | and two individual feet. | 以及两只落单的 |
[08:45] | Okay, so eight victims total. | 好吧 也就是说总共有8名死者 |
[08:46] | So far. No bodies, just feet. | 目前为止是这样 没有身体只有脚 |
[08:49] | It’s kind of like having no vowels in a Scrabble game. | 这就像没有元音的拼字游戏 |
[08:51] | The inside of the shoes showed traces of a sticky residue, | 在鞋里面发现粘性残留物 |
[08:54] | like some insoluble protein, | 像是不可溶解的蛋白质 |
[08:56] | so I ran it through the Mass Spec. | 所以我用质谱仪做了分析 |
[08:58] | It was spider mite silk. | 是螨所吐出的丝 |
[09:00] | Now, until I identify species, all it tells us | 在确定具体物种之前 |
[09:03] | is that the victims were all in the same location | 这一结果说明 死者在被弃尸于河里前 |
[09:04] | before they got dumped in the river. | 都在同一个地方 |
[09:06] | So you might be able to tell us where the murders took place? | 就是说你能告诉我们凶案现场在哪里 |
[09:09] | You’re so amazing. | 你真的是太有才了 |
[09:11] | So are you. | 你也是 |
[09:12] | No, no. | 停 打住 |
[09:13] | Not here. | 别在这里接吻 |
[09:14] | Not over feet. | 别隔着脚 |
[09:16] | Sorry to be a bother, but I-I’m looking for Dr. Brennan. | 不好意思打扰了 我在找布纳恩博士 |
[09:22] | You must be Dr. Filmore. | 你就是费摩尔博士吧 |
[09:24] | Hi. I’m Angela Montenegro. | 你好 我是安琪拉·马尼古 |
[09:27] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[09:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:31] | Hey, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:33] | Jack Hodgins. | 我是杰克·哈金斯 |
[09:34] | Pleasure. | 我来帮你吧 |
[09:35] | We’ve heard so much about you. | 我们久仰你的大名啊 |
[09:37] | Well, the pleasure’s mine. | 是嘛 我很荣幸 |
[09:39] | Dr. Saroyan. | 我是瑟罗博士 |
[09:40] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:42] | Welcome. | 欢迎欢迎 |
[09:45] | I wasn’t sure you were actually going to join us. | 我没想到你真的会来 |
[09:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:48] | Because of… | 因为… |
[09:52] | You know… | 你懂的… |
[09:54] | Well, I-I felt it was only right to use my expertise | 我觉得我应该发挥自己的专长 |
[09:56] | to help solve this crime. | 来帮你们破案 |
[09:58] | Lovely shoes. | 你这双鞋真漂亮 |
[10:00] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[10:01] | The average increase in the protrusion of a woman’s buttocks | 女性在穿高跟鞋时 |
[10:03] | is 25% when wearing high-heeled shoes. | 平均来说 臀部会翘起25% |
[10:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:08] | That fact was responsible for catching a killer in Manitoba. | 在马尼托巴 有次破案就是依据这一事实 |
[10:12] | That’s very impressive. | 相当厉害 |
[10:14] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不不 过奖了 |
[10:15] | I’m merely an expert in one quarter | 我仅仅是对人体四分之一的骨骼 |
[10:17] | of the bones of the human body, | 很了解罢了 |
[10:18] | which makes me one quarter of the expert Dr. Brennan is. | 也就是说我仅仅比得上布纳恩博士的四分之一 |
[10:21] | I-I wouldn’t put it that way. | 这话能这么说吗 |
[10:23] | Oh, I didn’t. | 这不是我说的 |
[10:24] | I’m quoting Dr. Brennan. | 我是引用布纳恩博士的原话 |
[10:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:29] | Let’s look at feet. | 我们切入正题吧 |
[10:33] | Very interesting. | 真是有意思啊 |
[10:34] | Very, very interesting. | 真令人着迷 |
[10:38] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我又没有杀人 |
[10:39] | I-I like puppies and butterflies. | 我喜欢小狗狗和小蝴蝶 |
[10:44] | The doctors at Dorchester Mental Health Facility told me | 多切斯特精神病院的医生跟我说 |
[10:46] | that you almost blinded another patient with laundry detergent. | 你用洗衣液把另一个病人差点弄瞎了 |
[10:50] | He grabbed my raisins out of my rice pudding. | 他抢了我大米布丁里面的葡萄干 |
[10:53] | With his fingers, man! | 用手挖的啊 |
[10:55] | What would you have done? | 要是你的话会怎么办 |
[10:57] | We found your DNA at a crime scene, Bernie. | 我们在案发现场发现了你的DNA 伯尼 |
[11:00] | I got no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说啥 |
[11:02] | We found your boots by the river. | 我们在河边发现了你的靴子 |
[11:04] | That’s where we got your DNA, | 在靴子里发现了你的DNA |
[11:05] | right next to a whole bunch of feet. | 靴子就在断足旁边 |
[11:08] | Can you tell us where those feet came from? | 能告诉我们这些断足是哪里来的吗 |
[11:10] | I don’t know, man. | 我怎么知道 老兄 |
[11:11] | Maybe a fish coughed ’em up. | 说不准是哪条鱼吐出来的 |
[11:14] | I just… | 我不过… |
[11:15] | I found the right size shoes, and… took out the feet. | 我发现了这双鞋大小合适 就扒了下来 |
[11:19] | – Just like that? – No. | -就这么简单吗 -不是 |
[11:21] | I threw up first. | 我先呕吐了一会儿 |
[11:22] | Exactly when did this shoe swap occur? | 这次换鞋事件具体是什么时候发生的 |
[11:27] | Eight… eight days ago. | 八…八天前吧 |
[11:29] | I’m afraid we’re going to need those shoes back. | 恐怕我们要收回这双鞋 |
[11:31] | But… man, I just… I just broke ’em in! | 但…老兄 我刚刚才穿习惯 |
[11:34] | No, don’t let the Americans take my shoes. | 不要 不要让美国佬抢走我的鞋子 |
[11:37] | Please. | 求求你了 |
[11:42] | Even though there’s a half-size difference | 尽管这两只脚的大小 |
[11:45] | between these two feet, | 差了半码 |
[11:46] | they appear to be a matching pair. | 它们应该是一对 |
[11:48] | 60% of the general public has two differently sized feet, | 有60%的人 两只脚大小不一 |
[11:50] | and 80% of those have a larger left foot. | 而这些人中有80%左脚更大 |
[11:53] | That’s common knowledge. | 这是常识 |
[11:55] | The…level of decomp suggests | 腐烂程度表明 |
[11:59] | the victim died about two months ago. | 死者大概死于两个月前 |
[12:01] | Already established. | 已经判断出来了 |
[12:02] | All of the victims died between one and three months ago. | 所有死者均死于一到三个月前 |
[12:06] | There are striae on the top of the talus of the right foot. | 在右足距骨顶部有明显的条痕 |
[12:11] | Unlike the other feet, which disarticulated naturally, | 跟另外一只自然脱落的脚不同 |
[12:14] | this foot was cut off. | 这只脚是被截断的 |
[12:15] | When the victim was still alive. | 在死者还活着的时候 |
[12:18] | I would have noticed that, of course. | 你不说我也会发现这点的 |
[12:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:26] | I hope you will be comfortable here, Dr. Filmore. | 我希望你在这里工作愉快 费摩尔博士 |
[12:30] | Well thank you. I’m sure I will be. | 谢谢 我相信会的 |
[12:35] | My colleagues have been encouraging me to… | 我的同事一直在劝说我 |
[12:39] | apologize to you. | 向你道歉 |
[12:41] | I told them that you hadn’t asked for an apology. | 我跟他们说 你并没有要求我道歉 |
[12:45] | Well, it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to ask for it. | 我主动要求别人道歉怪不合适的 |
[12:47] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[12:48] | I really have no idea what they’re talking about. | 我真是不理解他们为何要我道歉 |
[12:50] | I’m glad you feel the same way. | 你也这样认为我很欣慰 |
[12:55] | So, Sweets called | 斯维斯打电话来说 |
[12:56] | to say that the feet washed up at least eight days ago. | 这些脚至少是八天前被冲过去的 |
[12:59] | So, I checked the National Weather Service charts. | 我查了国家气象局的气象图 |
[13:01] | They gave me rainfall and wind patterns, | 他们提供了降水及风带的分布图 |
[13:04] | which allowed me to determine where the feet originated. | 从中我推断出了这些脚从何而来 |
[13:07] | That’s very impressive. | 真让人印象深刻啊 |
[13:09] | Yes. Everyone here is quite extraordinary. | 是的 这里的每个人都身怀绝技 |
[13:12] | Okay. So the feet came from here, | 就是说这些断脚都是从这里来的 |
[13:15] | next to the St. Regis River. | 就在圣瑞吉河边上 |
[13:18] | The University of Hogansburg, New York. | 纽约州的霍根斯堡大学[杜撰的学校] |
[13:21] | Hogansburg. | 霍根斯堡吗 |
[13:23] | I… I know what happened. | 我…我知道是怎么回事了 |
[13:26] | Wait… | 等下… |
[13:30] | A body farm? | 尸体陈列场吗 |
[13:31] | The University of Hogansburg has one of three research facilities | 可供法医人类学家 |
[13:35] | where forensic anthropologists can study decomposition | 进行人体死后腐烂研究的场所有三个 |
[13:37] | of bodies after death. | 霍根斯堡大学是其中之一 |
[13:38] | Wow, okay, you’re saying that | 好吧 你是说 |
[13:40] | they have a field of dead people. | 他们有尸体摆放专用地 |
[13:41] | Some are in fields, | 有些放在地里 |
[13:42] | some in water, some hung, | 有些在水中 有些被吊起来 |
[13:45] | some in fires… | 还有些被点燃 |
[13:46] | They put the remains in different environments | 他们把尸体置于不同的环境中 |
[13:48] | and see how they break down. | 以观察其腐烂的情况 |
[13:50] | All right, that sounds like a really nice school. | 好吧 听起来还真是所有意义的好学校 |
[13:52] | I know. Anyway, | 可不是嘛 不说这个了 |
[13:53] | there was a storm eight days ago, | 八天前有场暴风雨 |
[13:56] | and part of the farm flooded, | 有一部分试验场被淹了 |
[13:58] | washing seven bodies into the St. Regis River. | 把七具尸体冲到了圣瑞吉河中 |
[14:00] | Okay, so we’re good, then. | 好吧 就是说我们破案了 |
[14:01] | No foul play, except for | 除了几个怪胎摆弄尸体 |
[14:02] | the creepy people who play with the bodies. | 没有什么违法的事情 |
[14:04] | Not exactly. The professor said that seven bodies washed away. | 不 教授说有七具尸体被冲走了 |
[14:08] | But we have the feet of an eighth person. | 但我们找到了八个人的脚 |
[14:11] | This is a murder. | 这是件谋杀案 |
[14:22] | The university sent these photos | 学校把被洪水冲走的 |
[14:25] | of the remains that they lost in the flood. | 那几具尸体的照片发过来了 |
[14:28] | Oh, I’ve already matched all the feet with the remains. | 我已经把这些脚和尸体配好对了 |
[14:30] | That was fast. | 你效率很高啊 |
[14:32] | But these feet… | 但这双脚… |
[14:34] | Judging from the decomp, I place the time of death | 从腐烂程度来看 我断定 |
[14:36] | at approximately two months ago. | 死亡时间大概是在两个月前 |
[14:38] | Okay. So he was a murder victim. | 好的 那他就是凶案的死者了 |
[14:40] | Dr. Brennan would say he could still be alive but footless, | 布纳恩博士会说由于没有发现其余遗骸 |
[14:43] | because without the rest of the remains, | 我们没有死亡的确实证据 |
[14:44] | we have no tangible proof of his demise. | 他在双脚被砍断后可能还活着 |
[14:46] | I just got the shoes that the homeless guy took. | 我刚刚拿到了流浪汉偷走的那双鞋 |
[14:49] | – Nice kicks. – Right? | -是双好鞋 -可不是吗 |
[14:50] | Luxury edition, 25th anniversary, | 25周年纪念豪华版 |
[14:53] | Platinum Kick Parkours. | 白金版跑酷专用鞋 |
[14:56] | They retail for $2,000. | 零售价是两千美元 |
[14:58] | Now I’m analyzing the residue in the shoes | 我正在分析这双鞋上的残留物 |
[15:00] | to see if it matches what I found on the other feet. | 看看和我在其他断足上发现的是否一样 |
[15:02] | In order to ID the victim, | 为了鉴别死者的身份 |
[15:03] | we’ll need to see if these are, in fact, his shoes. | 我们需要判断这双鞋到底是不是死者的 |
[15:07] | Can I use the modeling software on your computer? | 我能用下你电脑里的建模软件吗 |
[15:10] | We need to construct a wire frame image of the feet | 为了勾勒出这双脚的轮廓 |
[15:12] | to map all their contours, and then we can | 我们需要建立一全息立体图像 |
[15:14] | match them with the impressions made in the sneakers. | 再与鞋内底的压痕进行比对 |
[15:17] | Who would pay two grand for sneakers? | 什么人会为了双跑鞋花两千刀啊 |
[15:19] | People love to pamper their feet, and rightfully so. | 人们总是很溺爱足部 也确实该这样做 |
[15:20] | You know, feet are what separate us from less evolved hominids. | 脚让我们异于未进化的祖先 |
[15:23] | How about brains? | 那大脑呢 |
[15:24] | I like to believe | 我的观点是 |
[15:26] | the fact we walk upright | 由于我们能够直立行走 |
[15:27] | is the reason our brains developed. | 大脑才得以进化 |
[15:29] | Hey, guys, there’s a-a serial number on the tongue. | 瞧 在鞋舌上有序列号 |
[15:32] | Of course. | 当然要有了 |
[15:34] | They’re limited editions. | 这是限量版 |
[15:36] | If we can confirm that these shoes belong to these feet, | 如果我们能确定这双脚是这双鞋的主人 |
[15:39] | we can search the serial number for the name of the owner. | 就可以通过序列号来找到鞋的主人 |
[15:42] | Ms. Montenegro, would you put the 3-D scan of the foot | 马尼古小姐 可以将脚部的三维影像 |
[15:44] | into the corresponding wire frame shoe? | 与相应的那只鞋的比对下吗 |
[15:50] | These are definitely our victim’s shoes. | 这双鞋绝对是属于死者的 |
[15:54] | You just… out-me-ed me. | 你…这让我都自愧不如了 |
[16:02] | I… he… | 我…他… |
[16:05] | We… | 我们… |
[16:06] | Oh, God. | 我的天啊 |
[16:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:10] | All I got between the sobs is… | 从你的哭诉中 我只听出 |
[16:14] | Derrick broke up with you? | 德里克跟你分手了 |
[16:16] | Yes! | 是的 |
[16:19] | Because… you wouldn’t have sex with him, or…? | 是因为…你不肯”献身” 还是… |
[16:23] | That’s… not what he said. | 这…他不是这么说的 |
[16:25] | What’d he say? | 那他怎么说的 |
[16:26] | That he didn’t want to wake up in ten years | 他说不想在十年后一睁眼 |
[16:28] | and realize he’d committed to one person too soon. | 意识到他过早地承诺跟一个人一起生活 |
[16:32] | – That makes sense. – What? | -那可以理解 -什么 |
[16:34] | That… kid’s dense. | 那…小子是笨蛋 |
[16:36] | You know what this means, right? | 你知道这是什么意思 对吧 |
[16:38] | That you can date other guys? | 你可以和其他人约会吗 |
[16:43] | That is… not the right answer. | 那个 不是正确答案 |
[16:45] | I can’t go to the same college that Derrick is going to. | 我不能去德里克要去的大学了 |
[16:49] | Oh, right. | 没错 |
[16:51] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:52] | Of… course you can’t. | 当然…不能 |
[16:55] | And don’t worry, we’ll think of something. | 别担心 我们会想办法的 |
[16:57] | What? | 什么办法 |
[16:58] | No schools are accepting applications anymore. | 现在没有学校会受理入学申请了 |
[17:03] | I’ve… got an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[17:07] | So Hodgins determined that the mystery feet | 哈金斯确定那双神秘的断足 |
[17:10] | had the same mite silk that was found on the other feet | 和在这个陈列场失踪的脚上含有相同 |
[17:14] | missing from the Farm. | 螨的丝 |
[17:15] | Those feet had time of death of two months. | 那双脚可是一个死了两个月的人身上的 |
[17:17] | No one was reported missing two months ago. | 两个月前也没人报告失踪 |
[17:19] | Which is why more expertise is required than just feet. | 所以不能只有足部一个特长范畴 |
[17:22] | Yeah, right. Gosh. | 是的 没错 |
[17:23] | You’re really, you really are not going to stop | 不把那个加拿大人 |
[17:26] | until this Canadian foot guy | 全身都弄瘫痪了 |
[17:28] | is paralyzed from head to toe. | 你是绝不善罢甘休啊 |
[17:29] | Would you accept an agent who specialized in | 如果一个探员只处理二月发生的谋杀案 |
[17:32] | murders that only occurred in February? | 你会接受吗 |
[17:33] | – Okay, that’s different. – Not to me. | -那不一样 -对我来说没什么不同 |
[17:36] | Oh, I hear they have over 60 decomposing bodies here. | 我听说他们这有超过60具在腐化的尸体 |
[17:39] | It’s exciting, isn’t it? | 太令人兴奋了 不是吗 |
[17:41] | Look, the liquefaction of tissues is nearly finished. | 看 身体组织的液化几近尾声 |
[17:46] | Ooh, look at that one! | 看那个 |
[17:47] | The anaerobic organisms from the gastrointestinal tract | 胃肠道内的厌氧有机体 |
[17:50] | have started the microbial proliferation. | 已经引起了微生物繁衍 |
[17:54] | Wow, isn’t this amazing? | 太奇妙了 不是吗 |
[17:56] | No. | 不 |
[17:56] | – And that is nasty. – Okay. | -那很恶心 -好吧 |
[18:00] | Here’s a decomp-in-garbage scenario. | 这里是一个垃圾堆中尸腐的试验 |
[18:03] | Oh! Look over here, Booth! | 布斯 看那边 |
[18:05] | Hey. Okay. They must be establishing | 好吧 他们一定是要建立 |
[18:08] | baseline timetables for decay | 在阳光直射下 潮湿空气中 |
[18:10] | in a damp setting with direct sunlight. | 尸体腐烂程度的时间基线表 |
[18:13] | He swallow a rat? | 他吞了一只老鼠吗 |
[18:14] | His stomach’s moving. | 他的胃在蠕动 |
[18:15] | Booth, get back! Get back! | 布斯 退后 退后 |
[18:23] | Fantastic! | 太美妙了 |
[18:25] | Did you see that, Dr. Brennan? | 你看见了吗 布纳恩博士 |
[18:26] | I did. You rarely get to actually | 看见了 很难看到 |
[18:28] | see a body rupture from distension. | 尸体因膨胀而爆裂 |
[18:32] | Oh, um, Professor Peter Simpkins, | 彼得·辛普金斯教授 |
[18:34] | this is my partner, Special Agent Seeley Booth. | 这是我搭档 特别探员瑟雷·布斯 |
[18:37] | Whoa, that smell. | 那个味道 |
[18:38] | That would be a combination | 那是他的胆汁和消化器官 |
[18:40] | of bile and the gases from his digestive tract. | 散发的气体的混合味道 |
[18:41] | Hi, I’m-I’m Norman Hayes, PhD candidate. | 我是诺曼·海耶斯 博士生 |
[18:43] | – It’s, quite a thrill to meet you, Dr. Brennan. – Of course. | -布纳恩博士 见到你太激动了 -那是当然 |
[18:46] | Thinking maybe we could move down a little bit? | 不如我们向后稍微走两步吧 |
[18:48] | Oh, of course! Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[18:48] | Uh, I understand you recovered the feet | 我知道你们找回了我们 |
[18:51] | of our seven flood victims. | 被洪水冲走的尸体的脚 |
[18:52] | Well, we found another pair. | 我们又发现了一对脚 |
[18:53] | Another pair? | 又一对 |
[18:54] | Evidence suggests that the victim originated | 证据表明被害人和你们的尸体 |
[18:57] | in the same location as your remains. | 来自于相同的地方 |
[19:00] | Do you think someone was murdered here at the Farm? | 你们认为有人在陈列场里被谋杀了吗 |
[19:02] | Ooh, still a little stenchy, you know? | 还是有股恶臭味 你懂吗 |
[19:04] | Oh, of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[19:05] | We need to examine the area that was affected by the flood. | 我们需要检查一下受洪水影响的区域 |
[19:08] | Oh, uh, Norman can show you around after we talk. | 我们聊完后 诺曼会带你们去的 |
[19:11] | Uh, that’d be an honor. | 那是我的荣幸 |
[19:15] | – Dr. Filmore. – Yes. | -费摩尔博士 -在 |
[19:17] | Hey. I’m Dr. Lance Sweets. | 我是兰斯·斯维斯医生 |
[19:19] | I’m a psychologist with the FBI. | 我是调查局的心理医生 |
[19:20] | Oh. So now that Dr. Brennan has her feet, | 现在布纳恩博士拿到了她要的脚 |
[19:22] | did she send you down here to pronounce me mentally unfit? | 她派你过来宣布我精神上不适合法证工作吗 |
[19:24] | No. No, no. I-I’m just here on my own | 不不不 我自己来的 |
[19:26] | to see if I could be of any help. | 看看我能不能帮上忙 |
[19:28] | You know, you’re coming into a new environment… | 你刚刚进入一个新的坏境… |
[19:30] | And you heard about my arm, | 你听说我手臂的事 |
[19:31] | and as a psychologist, you’re fascinated. | 作为一个心理学家 你非常感兴趣 |
[19:33] | – No, I… – I’m used to it, Dr. Sweets. | -不 我 -斯维斯医生 我习惯了 |
[19:34] | But I’ve seen psychologists, | 但我已经看过心理医生 |
[19:36] | psychiatrists, neurologists, | 精神病医生 神经科医生 |
[19:38] | rheumatologists and no one’s been able to provide an answer. | 风湿病专家 但是没人能给出解释 |
[19:40] | And I-I don’t mean to be brusque, | 我毫无冒犯之意 |
[19:42] | but I need to get back to work. | 但我真的需要继续工作了 |
[19:47] | Perhaps the psychologists you were seeing | 也许你去看的心理医生 |
[19:49] | weren’t as familiar with Dr. Brennan as I am. | 没有我这么了解布纳恩博士 |
[19:51] | You know, her seeming insensitivity | 她表面上的漠不关心 |
[19:53] | and emotional cruelty are merely her way | 感情冷漠 只不过是她用自己的方式 |
[19:56] | of dealing with an inability to understand | 去处理她不能理解或是 |
[19:59] | or empathize with the feelings of other people. | 无法领会的其他人的感情 |
[20:01] | And you think | 而你认为 |
[20:02] | if I feel sorry for her, my arm will get better. | 如果我为她感到遗憾 我的手臂就会好 |
[20:04] | No. No, I just meant that, you know, a clear understanding | 不 不是 我只是说 对情况的 |
[20:07] | of the situation might be beneficial. | 清晰理解也许会有帮助 |
[20:12] | All right, I know you need to work, | 好吧 我知道你需要工作 |
[20:13] | but if you want to talk, I’ll be in my office. | 但如果你想找人谈谈 我就在办公室 |
[20:24] | The St. Regis hadn’t flooded | 圣瑞吉河已经差不多有 |
[20:25] | that badly in 400 years. Ideally, | 400年没发过大洪水了 理论上 |
[20:27] | we wouldn’t have projects so close to the river, | 我们不会在靠近河流的地方做试验 |
[20:29] | but we’re running out of usable land. | 但是我们快要没有可用的土地了 |
[20:31] | Why’s that? | 为什么 |
[20:32] | Once a body has decomposed in a particular area, | 一旦尸体在某区域腐烂 |
[20:33] | it needs to lie fallow | 该区域在下一次尸腐试验进行前 |
[20:36] | before the next decomp scenario can be introduced. | 需要闲置一段时间 |
[20:38] | Oh. Excuse me. Brennan. | 不好意思 布纳恩 |
[20:41] | We ID’d the victim. I traced the | 我们确定了被害人的身份 我追踪了 |
[20:43] | serial number on his sneakers. | 他运动鞋上的序列号 |
[20:45] | Wait, sneakers have serial numbers? | 等等 运动鞋有序列号吗 |
[20:47] | Well, the $2,000 kind do. | 2000美金的当然会有 |
[20:49] | Booth, the victim had sneakers worth $2,000. | 布斯 被害人的运动鞋价值2000美金 |
[20:52] | $2,000? That’s more than my first car. | 2000美金 比我第一辆车还贵 |
[20:55] | They were bought by a kid named Dylan McEllroy. | 一个名叫迪兰·麦克罗瑞的孩子买的 |
[20:58] | He was a U of H grad student. | 他是霍根斯堡大学的研究生 |
[21:00] | – Okay. Thanks, Angie. – You bet. | -好的 谢谢你 安琪 -必须的 |
[21:02] | Are you familiar with a student named Dylan McEllroy? | 你认识叫迪兰·麦克罗瑞的一个学生吗 |
[21:05] | Yes. He’s in our graduate program. He… | 认识 他是我们的研究生 他 |
[21:08] | Oh, my God, he’s the decedent? | 我的天啊 他就是死者吗 |
[21:10] | I thought he’d dropped out. | 我原以为他只是退学了 |
[21:11] | Any idea how he can afford $2,000 sneakers? | 知道他怎么能买得起2000美金的运动鞋吗 |
[21:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:15] | Dylan could’ve been wearing lamb chops on his feet, | 迪兰就算是把羊排穿在脚上 |
[21:17] | but unless they were decomposing, I really… | 除非它们正在腐烂 我真的 |
[21:19] | wouldn’t notice. | 不会注意的 |
[21:21] | This is horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[21:27] | Dylan’s roommate is a kid by the name of Kent Durham. | 迪兰的舍友是个名叫肯特·杜瑞姆的孩子 |
[21:30] | Okay, up next, a pair of, uh, low-profile, | 好的 下一双 一双低调的 |
[21:32] | super limited edition Air Glides, released only in Japan. | 超限量版的气垫鞋 只在日本发售 |
[21:35] | Bidding starts at $300. | 从300美元开始叫价 |
[21:36] | We got $300 right here, $300. How about $320? | 这里有人出300 300 320怎么样 |
[21:39] | We got $340. $360, anybody? | 有人出340 360 还有人叫吗 |
[21:42] | – $360. – Three… $360 right here. How about $380? | -360 -这里出360 380呢 |
[21:43] | – $380. – $380? | -380 -380吗 |
[21:45] | Do I hear $400? | 有人出400吗 |
[21:46] | $400. | 400美金 |
[21:47] | $400 right here. Going once, | 这里有人出400 400一次 |
[21:48] | going twice. Sold, to the dude in the yellow hoodie. | 400两次 成交 穿黄色帽衫的兄弟 |
[21:51] | Step right up, don’t be shy. | 一起来 别害羞 |
[21:53] | We got limited edition Quick Strikes, | 我们还有限量版的速击系列 |
[21:54] | uh, one of a kind. Okay, next item | 很赞的 好吧 下一件商品 |
[21:56] | is a pair of Platinum Kick Pros. | 是一双白金板鞋 |
[21:58] | Bidding starts at, uh, $150. | 150起价 |
[22:00] | What’s your name, kid? | 小子 你叫什么名字 |
[22:02] | – Why? – Why? | -干吗 -干吗 |
[22:03] | ‘Cause the federal government wants to know why. That’s why. | 因为联邦政府想要知道 这就是原因 |
[22:06] | – Uh, Kent Durham. – Kent Durham. | -肯特·杜瑞姆 -肯特·杜瑞姆 |
[22:09] | Right, Kent, these shoes belong to, uh, | 肯特 这些鞋子是不是刚好 |
[22:11] | Dylan McEllroy, by any chance? | 是迪兰·麦克罗瑞的啊 |
[22:13] | Can I get back to you on that? | 我可以稍后再答复你吗 |
[22:15] | Sneakers would be a novel motive for murder, Booth. | 运动鞋会是一个新奇的谋杀动机 布斯 |
[22:18] | Murder? | 谋杀 |
[22:19] | Dylan is dead. | 迪兰死了 |
[22:22] | Okay, wait. Th-this is not what it looks like. | 等下 事情不是这样的 |
[22:24] | What it looks like to me is you’re trying to sell off | 我看你是你在贩卖 |
[22:26] | your dead roommate’s shoe collection. | 你死去的舍友的藏品鞋 |
[22:28] | Okay, it is what it looks like. | 好吧 看起来是这样 |
[22:30] | It-it’s just not what you think. | 只不过不是你们想的那样 |
[22:40] | You have to admit, this looks pretty suspicious. | 你不得不承认 这看起来很可疑 |
[22:42] | Look, Dylan was two months late on his rent. | 听着 迪兰已经欠了两个月的房租 |
[22:44] | I was just selling the shoes | 我只是在卖掉鞋子 |
[22:45] | to get the money that he owed me. | 来偿还他欠我的钱 |
[22:46] | The variety is fascinating. | 样式很特别 |
[22:48] | I-I suspect it signifies tribal allegiance. | 我猜测它突显了部落忠诚 |
[22:51] | Oh, there’s a definite demarcation of status | 根据牌子和款式 的确是有明确的 |
[22:53] | and hierarchy depending on brand and model. | 地位和等级的区分 |
[22:55] | Let’s just circle back to your murdered roommate. | 我们还是说说你那被谋杀的舍友吧 |
[22:57] | Okay? So… why didn’t you report him missing? | 那么 你为什么没有报告他失踪 |
[23:00] | I didn’t know that he was. | 我不知道他失踪了 |
[23:01] | He used to disappear for weeks on his sneaker trips. | 他过去经常为买运动鞋消失好几周 |
[23:03] | Japan, Australia– you name it. | 日本 澳大利亚 或是其他地方 |
[23:05] | And I’ve been staying with my girlfriend. | 我和我女朋友待在一起 |
[23:06] | Look, all I know is that Dylan owed me a ton of cash | 我知道的就是迪兰欠我很多现金 |
[23:09] | and he-he stiffed me on a computer | 他还糊弄我卖了一台电脑 |
[23:11] | and a speaker system that I sold him. | 和一套扬声器系统给他 |
[23:12] | Where’d he get this money? | 他哪来的钱 |
[23:14] | Okay, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[23:15] | I had nothing to do with it. I swear. | 我发誓这事跟我没关系 |
[23:17] | – With what? – He probably kept the stuff in the room, but… | -什么事 -他可能把东西留在房间了 但 |
[23:20] | what was I supposed to do? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[23:21] | I’m not a cop. I just stayed out of his way. | 我不是警察 我从来不插手他的事 |
[23:24] | Right. He was dealing drugs. | 这样啊 他在贩卖毒品 |
[23:29] | The mite silk we found on the feet and sneakers | 我们在断足和运动鞋上发现的螨丝 |
[23:31] | came from the Oligonychus ilicis. | 是来自于咖啡红螨 |
[23:34] | That silk is like Velcro. | 那种丝就像魔术贴 |
[23:35] | Any particulate would bind to it. | 任何微粒都会被粘在上面 |
[23:37] | Exactly. So I pulled multiple samples, | 没错 所以我提取了多重样本 |
[23:39] | and I ran it through the scanning electron microscope. | 然后我用扫描电镜检查了样本 |
[23:42] | That looks like pollen. | 看起来是花粉 |
[23:43] | Cannabis sativa pollen. | 大麻花粉[大麻的拉丁名] |
[23:46] | Marijuana. | 大麻 |
[23:47] | So, they’re harvesting more than bodies at the Body Farm. | 这么说他们在尸体陈列场收获的不止是尸体 |
[23:50] | Yeah, the victim certainly was. | 没错 被害人肯定是如此 |
[23:52] | Booth said he was dealing drugs. | 布斯说他在贩卖毒品 |
[23:54] | Now we know where he was growing them. | 现在我们知道他在哪里种大麻了 |
[23:56] | So, uh, you at home here? | 那么 你在这里感觉自在吗 |
[23:58] | I mean, anything you need? | 我是说 你还需要什么吗 |
[23:59] | Oh, no. No, thanks. I’m fine. | 不用 谢谢 我很好 |
[24:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:05] | You’re in America now. | 你现在是在美国 |
[24:07] | It’s okay to get pissed at Dr. B. | 冲布纳恩博士发火没关系的 |
[24:10] | She can take it. | 她承受得住 |
[24:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:20] | You forged Michelle’s application | 你伪造了米歇尔的申请 |
[24:21] | and applied to Columbia? | 申请了哥伦比亚大学 |
[24:24] | Could you not say that as though I killed three people? | 你能不能不要说的好像我杀了三个人似的 |
[24:27] | Come on. Did you consider the person | 你有没有为那些因为你作弊 |
[24:28] | that didn’t get in because you cheated? | 而没有被录取的人考虑过 |
[24:30] | All right. I’m a terrible person. | 行了 我是大恶人 |
[24:33] | I stipulate to that. | 我自讨苦吃 |
[24:33] | But that’s not why I’m here. | 但那不是我来这里的原因 |
[24:35] | You’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[24:36] | What I need is your advice | 我需要你的建议 |
[24:38] | on how to tell Michelle that she has the option of going | 我该怎么告诉米歇尔她有机会进入 |
[24:42] | to one of the best universities in the world. | 全世界最顶尖的大学之一 |
[24:44] | Unfairly and illegitimately. | 不公平而且非法的进入 |
[24:46] | I’d rather not put it to her that way. | 我不会那样告诉她的 |
[24:49] | – I can’t help you. – Why not? | -我帮不了你 -为什么 |
[24:51] | Some sort of professional code of ethics? | 是因为某种职业道德规范吗 |
[24:54] | No, my own personal code of ethics. | 不是 是我的个人准则 |
[24:56] | You should consider putting one together of your own. | 你应该考虑给自己定一个个人准则 |
[24:59] | Shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[25:00] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[25:01] | You know, you have never had to put | 你从来没有把别人的安乐 |
[25:03] | someone else’s well-being ahead of your own. Not ever. | 置于自己安乐之上 从来没有 |
[25:06] | Well, I am a mother, okay, | 我是一个母亲 |
[25:07] | and if I have to get my hands dirty | 如果为了我孩子的未来着想 |
[25:09] | to get my child ahead, then I will. | 我要不择手段的话 我会毫不犹豫 |
[25:14] | What kind of example are you setting for Michelle? | 你为米歇尔树立了一个什么榜样啊 |
[25:31] | What are you looking for? | 你们要找什么 |
[25:32] | You know, if you don’t mind my asking. | 如果你们不介意我问问的话 |
[25:34] | Cannabis. Any suggestions? | 大麻 有什么想说的吗 |
[25:37] | No. | 没有 |
[25:38] | Wait. I mean, you’re-you’re the FBI, | 等下 你们是联邦调查局的 |
[25:40] | so is this, like, entrapment? | 这个是诱捕吗 |
[25:42] | Oh, never mind. | 不用担心 |
[25:43] | Just tell me where the flood was, will you? | 告诉我哪里发了洪水就行 |
[25:46] | It was right here. | 在这儿 |
[25:46] | Each section is allocated for a decomp scenario. | 每个地区都按腐烂试验做了划分 |
[25:49] | That’s a lot of rotting. | 很多腐烂的尸体啊 |
[25:51] | We have over 60 active bodies at any one time. | 我们任何时候都有超过六十具尸体 |
[25:54] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[25:55] | Mr. Wolfram. | 沃夫兰先生 |
[25:57] | I’m the cadaver technician. | 我是尸体技工 |
[25:58] | Groundskeeper. | 管理员 |
[25:59] | Potato, potah-to. | 说法不同而已 |
[26:01] | I get rid of the bodies once they’re done with them. | 他们用完尸体之后我负责处理 |
[26:03] | And I tidy up the place, make repairs. | 我打扫这地方 做一些修理工作 |
[26:05] | Like I said, groundskeeper. | 正如我所说的 他是个管理员 |
[26:07] | Then, you can dispose of your own damn cadaver next time. | 下次你就自己处理那些该死的尸体吧 |
[26:10] | Pissant. | 没用的东西 |
[26:14] | Uh, so, um, everything past here got washed out. | 这里的一切都被冲走了 |
[26:17] | You worked with Dylan. What was he like? | 你和迪兰共事 他是什么样的人 |
[26:19] | Truth? Uh… he was a self-centered dilettante | 说实话吗 他是一个以B和C的成绩 |
[26:22] | who squeaked by with Cs and Bs | 勉强通过考试的自以为是的家伙 |
[26:24] | because all he cared about were his stupid sneakers. | 因为他所关心的只是他那些愚蠢的运动鞋 |
[26:26] | You feel the same way about him | 两个月以前他还活着的时候 |
[26:27] | while he was still alive two months ago? | 你也是这样想他的吗 |
[26:30] | Well, if you’re asking whether I killed him, | 如果你要问是不是我杀了他 |
[26:31] | I couldn’t even if I wanted to. | 就算我想也没有机会 |
[26:33] | I-I did a semester abroad at the University of Helsinki. | 我去赫尔辛基大学读了一学期的书 |
[26:35] | I just got back three weeks ago. | 我三周前才回来 |
[26:38] | That’s impressive. | 令人印象深刻 |
[26:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[26:46] | So does everybody who works with Dr. Brennan | 每一个为布纳恩博士工作的人 |
[26:48] | end up in therapy? | 最终都会来心理治疗吗 |
[26:49] | If it’s any consolation, she spent three years | 说说这个 不知能否让你有所宽慰 |
[26:53] | degrading the entire field of psychology | 她花了三年时间贬低心理学学科 |
[26:55] | and essentially dismissing my life’s work | 基本上认为我毕生的工作 |
[26:57] | as a foolish waste of time. | 都是在浪费时间 |
[26:59] | And yet, all your limbs work. | 可是 你的四肢还能活动 |
[27:01] | Perhaps your arm is a manifestation | 可能你手臂瘫痪是因为 |
[27:03] | that you accepted what Dr. Brennan said is correct. | 你认定布纳恩博士说的是正确的 |
[27:07] | Do you feel that she’s correct about you? | 你认为她说的那些关于你的事是正确的吗 |
[27:09] | Well, no. Of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[27:11] | But I have no recourse. | 但是我孤立无援 |
[27:13] | Have you ever considered confronting her, | 你是否考虑过与她对峙 |
[27:16] | expressing the anger you most feel. | 表达你的愤怒 |
[27:18] | Dr. Hodgins suggested that. | 哈金斯博士这样建议过 |
[27:22] | Did you come to me for permission? | 你来找我是寻求许可的吗 |
[27:24] | Confrontation’s not a natural state for me. | 我不擅长对峙 |
[27:27] | I’m… Canadian. | 我是加拿大人 |
[27:31] | Canadian… or afraid? | 你是加拿大人还是你害怕了 |
[27:40] | Know anything about Dylan’s business? | 知道关于迪兰”生意”的事情吗 |
[27:42] | I didn’t take out thousands of dollars in student loans | 我申请上万的助学贷款 |
[27:45] | to do drugs or hang around people who do. | 可不是为了贩毒或是跟贩毒的人鬼混 |
[27:47] | Well, according to Angela’s geo-link, | 根据安琪拉提供的地理坐标 |
[27:50] | the cannabis was right here. | 大麻应该就在这儿 |
[27:54] | – Right. – Dissolution of the cartilage in the upper vertebrae. | -没错 -颈椎的软骨腐烂 |
[27:57] | Must have been there for eight days. | 挂在这儿应该有八天了 |
[27:59] | All right, nothing like a couple acres | 好吧 腐烂尸体 |
[28:00] | of rotting corpses to keep the weed thieves away, right? | 肯定能防偷大麻的人 对吧 |
[28:11] | What are you doing, Bones? | 你做什么呢 骨头 |
[28:12] | Loading these pictures up to the SkyDrive | 我这些图片加载到网络硬盘 |
[28:15] | – for Hodgins to analyze. – Why? | -好让哈金斯分析 -为什么 |
[28:18] | I think it might be the mite silk he found in the remains. | 我认为这些就是他在尸体里发现的螨丝 |
[28:21] | So Dylan was killed here? | 这么说迪兰是在这里被杀的 |
[28:23] | In his own pot field. | 在他自己的大麻地里 |
[28:25] | But professor Simpkins inspects all the projects daily. | 但是辛普金斯教授每天都要检查所有的项目 |
[28:27] | I-I… I mean, he had to have seen these plants. | 我是说 他肯定见到过这些植物 |
[28:38] | Look, man, I had no idea | 听着 伙计 我完全不知道 |
[28:39] | marijuana was growing at the Body Farm. | 大麻长在尸体陈列场里 |
[28:41] | I find it difficult to believe the plants, | 我很难相信你没有注意到 |
[28:43] | which can affect decomposition, went unnoticed by you. | 这些可能影响腐烂的植物 |
[28:46] | I was short-staffed. | 我很缺人手 |
[28:47] | Norman was in Finland. | 诺曼在芬兰 |
[28:49] | Finland. Well, my gut tells me, | 芬兰 我的直觉告诉我 |
[28:50] | if I get a search warrant, I’m definitely | 如果我拿到搜查令 我很肯定 |
[28:52] | going to find weed that came from that patch. | 会查到大麻就是在这块土地上生长的 |
[28:56] | Won’t be necessary. | 没有必要了 |
[28:59] | Dylan and I had an arrangement. | 迪兰和我达成了协议 |
[29:01] | I let him grow, he gave me free product. | 我让他种大麻 他让我免费用产品 |
[29:04] | “Product.” okay, so when we asked you how Dylan | 产品 就是说我们问你迪兰如何支付 |
[29:06] | could afford $2,000 sneakers, you lied. | 两千美元运动鞋的时候 你撒谎了 |
[29:09] | Look, if the university finds out, I’ll be fired. | 如果让学校发现了的话 我会被解雇 |
[29:12] | I do important work here. | 我在这里做的工作很重要 |
[29:13] | – He’s right. He does. – Yeah, he also lies. | -他没说错 他举足轻重 -他也撒谎了 |
[29:15] | The only reason I didn’t tell you | 我没有告诉你的唯一原因就是 |
[29:17] | was that I thought maybe you’d think it was me who killed him. | 我认为你会觉得是我杀了他 |
[29:21] | I mean, it seems silly now that it’s all out in the open. | 我是说 现在全盘托出很愚蠢 |
[29:24] | Not to me. | 我不这么想 |
[29:35] | Did you find anything? | 发现什么了吗 |
[29:37] | Indeed, I did. | 的确有所发现 |
[29:39] | Here. Check this out. | 这儿 看看这个 |
[29:41] | It’s on our SkyDrive. | 在我们的网络硬盘里 |
[29:43] | Okay. Now, these are the photos | 好了 这些照片 |
[29:45] | Dr. Brennan took of the marijuana leaves. | 是布纳恩拍的大麻叶 |
[29:47] | These are all the bugs i identified from the mite silk. | 这些是我从螨丝里鉴定出来的所有虫子 |
[29:51] | Now, yes, some of these little creatures | 没错 这其中的一些小生物 |
[29:54] | are consistent with what you would find | 的确生活在种植大麻的 |
[29:56] | in a marijuana-based ecosystem. | 生态环境当中 |
[29:58] | But there are dozens of other species | 但是还有很多种类的虫子 |
[30:00] | that would normally not be attracted to a dead body or marijuana. | 通常不会被尸体和大麻所吸引 |
[30:04] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[30:05] | The drone fly. | 蜂蝇 |
[30:06] | The green tea ant. | 绿茶蚁 |
[30:08] | Way out of their zip code. | 完全超出了它们的活动范围 |
[30:10] | So why’d those guys come to the party? | 为什么它们跑来参加派对呢 |
[30:12] | Same reason anyone else does: the food. | 同一个理由 食物 |
[30:14] | But what I can’t figure out is: | 但是我想不出来的是 |
[30:16] | what type of food would attract so many different species? | 到底什么类型的食物会吸引这么多种虫子 |
[30:20] | You’re going to check | 你要去检查 |
[30:21] | the contents of their tiny little bug stomachs now, aren’t you? | 这些小虫子胃里面的东西了 是吧 |
[30:24] | You betcha. Want to help? | 当然了 想帮我吗 |
[30:26] | No. No. | 算了 还是不要了 |
[30:33] | – Hey. – Oh, Miss Montenegro. | -嗨 -马尼古女士 |
[30:34] | I have found something quite… quite interesting. | 我发现了一些相当有趣的东西 |
[30:37] | Now, the dimensions of the anterior aspect of the left navicular | 左舟骨前部的尺寸要比 |
[30:41] | are three millimeters less than the right. | 右边的小三毫米 |
[30:44] | My God. | 天呐 |
[30:46] | How did you even notice that? | 你到底是怎么注意到这个的 |
[30:48] | Well, when you have the kind of intimate connection | 当你像我一样 和脚有一种 |
[30:51] | I have with feet, you notice | 亲密的联系的时候 会注意到 |
[30:52] | any irregularities that might compromise them. | 任何不正常的细节 |
[30:55] | Right. | 是啊 |
[30:57] | Oh, I-I don’t mean to imply that I’m a podophile. | 我没有暗示说我是一个恋足癖 |
[30:59] | – Excuse me? – A foot fetishist. | -你说什么 -恋足癖 |
[31:02] | You know, although I appreciate the beauty of feet | 尽管我欣赏足部之美 |
[31:04] | and the intricate nature of their construction, | 以及大自然赋予其的复杂的结构 |
[31:07] | I have no desire to… to lick them or paint them or… | 我没有舔和涂抹它们的欲望 或是… |
[31:11] | Okay, that’s… Okay. All right. | 好的 好的 好吧 |
[31:13] | Okay. All right. | 好的 好吧 |
[31:15] | So don’t a lot of people have, uh, skeletal asymmetry? | 很多人的骨骼都是不对称的 对吧 |
[31:19] | Oh. Yes. | 是的 |
[31:20] | Which is why Dr. Brennan probably missed it. | 所以布纳恩博士才会忽略这个细节 |
[31:23] | She doesn’t spend a lot of time on feet, I imagine. | 我想她没花什么时间研究足部 |
[31:25] | Not important enough for her. | 对她来说这不重要 |
[31:27] | Oh. Snap. | 哟 说出来了 |
[31:29] | Oh, no, no. No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[31:30] | No, I-I merely meant that this isn’t genetic. | 不 我只是说这不是遗传造成的 |
[31:33] | See, some kind of blade | 某种刀片 |
[31:34] | shaved a small sliver of bone off the navicular, | 剃掉一小片舟骨 |
[31:36] | and it was obviously a much sharper blade than the one | 很明显 根据纹路可以判断出 |
[31:39] | that severed his talus, judging by the striae. | 要比切断他距骨的刀片要更锋利 |
[31:41] | Wait a minute. Dylan was attacked with two different weapons? | 等等 迪兰被两种不同的凶器攻击了 |
[31:45] | Oh, yeah, I know. I was surprised, too. | 是啊 我也很惊讶 |
[31:47] | Also, these are non-fixed radius striae, which indicate | 还有 这些非固定的纹路表明 |
[31:50] | that both blades were straight and rigid. | 两种刀片都是笔直牢固的 |
[31:53] | And the cuts display smooth walls, which means | 伤口很平滑 这意味着 |
[31:55] | that the amount of force necessary to do such a thing… | 造成这样的伤口需要足够的大的力量 |
[31:57] | Dictates a power tool. | 可能是一种电动工具 |
[31:59] | Or two power tools, | 或者是两种 |
[32:00] | since we’re talking about two different blades. | 因为我们说的是两种不同的刀片 |
[32:03] | That was seriously impressive. | 相当令人印象深刻啊 |
[32:06] | You Americans can be quite enthusiastic. | 你们美国人很热情啊 |
[32:09] | Some of you. | 至少一部分人是这样 |
[32:13] | So what did Dr. Footsie say? | 脚丫子博士说了什么 |
[32:15] | It seems that the victim was killed with some kind of power tool. | 被害人似乎是被某种电动工具杀死的 |
[32:20] | That’s good, right? | 很好啊 不是吗 |
[32:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:23] | Couldn’t give the guy some props for that? | 你就不能因为这个赞扬一下他吗 |
[32:25] | No, I said that his discovery might have value. | 不 我说了他的发现可能有价值 |
[32:29] | But you know that it does. | 但你知道那是有价值的 |
[32:31] | You know that. You just don’t want someone like him | 你知道 你只是不希望他那样的人 |
[32:33] | to be as good as someone like you. | 和你一样优秀的人 |
[32:35] | With feet. | 在足部方面 |
[32:37] | Just feet. I get it. | 只在足部 我明白的 |
[32:39] | I get it. | 我明白的 |
[32:41] | But, you know, you really should apologize to him. | 但是 你真的应该向他道歉 |
[32:43] | I already explained. | 我已经解释过了 |
[32:45] | I know you did, but come on, | 我知道你解释了 但是拜托 |
[32:46] | Bones, he’s hurting. | 骨头 他很受伤 |
[32:47] | All right? Whether you’re right or wrong, | 无论你是对是错 |
[32:49] | you leveled the guy. | 你打击了他 |
[32:50] | He’s a grown man. | 他是大人了 |
[32:52] | Sometimes that makes it hurt more. | 有时候那样伤害更大 |
[32:55] | What makes us human, Bones, | 骨头 我们之所以是人类 |
[32:56] | is that we can feel compassion and regret. | 是因为我们可以感受到同情和懊悔 |
[33:02] | Why is it so important to you, Booth? | 为什么这个对你这么重要 布斯 |
[33:05] | Because I know the kind of person that you are, | 因为我知道你是一个什么样的人 |
[33:07] | and I think you should let other people in on the secret, too. | 我认为你应该让其他人也知道 |
[33:15] | Right? | 对吧 |
[33:23] | These are the tools from the Body Farm. | 这些就是尸体陈列场里的工具 |
[33:26] | So do you want me to input the blade profiles | 你想让我把刀片外形数据输进 |
[33:28] | – into the imaging software? – Not necessary. | -图像软件吗 -没那必要 |
[33:30] | But Dr. Brennan sent all of these back here… | 但布纳恩医生把所有工具都拿来了… |
[33:33] | I realize that. | 我意识到了 |
[33:33] | And I’d hate it if anyone went to unnecessary trouble | 我不喜欢别人做无用功 |
[33:35] | but we know that cuts to the feet were made | 但是我们知道了脚上的伤口 |
[33:38] | by two different blades, and | 是由两个不同的刀片割的 |
[33:39] | the blow to the talus cut off the right foot. | 距骨遭重击而致使右脚被割断 |
[33:42] | And the blow to the navicular was vertical, | 而且舟骨上受到的创伤是垂直方向的 |
[33:45] | parallel to the bone. | 和骨头平行 |
[33:47] | Two separate injuries made by two different blades. | 两处伤由不同的刀所致 |
[33:50] | Judging by the damage to the bone, | 从骨头的受损程度来看 |
[33:51] | two separate blades with identical force profiles. | 两片刀有着同样的刃口 |
[33:55] | So whoever killed our victim used two circular saws, | 所以说凶手用了两把圆锯 |
[33:58] | both applied with equal pressure? | 并使了同样的力度吗 |
[34:00] | – Which is impossible. – Exactly. | -那不可能 -没错 |
[34:02] | Which is why I posit the blades were connected. | 所以我认为两把刀片是连着的 |
[34:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:09] | Looks like opposing propellers. | 看上去就像螺旋桨 |
[34:10] | How would something like that cut him off horizontally | 那怎么会水平地割断他一只脚踝 |
[34:13] | at one ankle and vertically at the other? | 再垂直的割伤另一只呢 |
[34:15] | Well, because he started standing up. | 因为他一开始是站姿 |
[34:18] | One of the blades cut him off at the ankle, | 其中一个刀片割断他脚踝的时候 |
[34:19] | and he fell down. | 他摔倒了 |
[34:21] | The blade ran him over, | 刀片碾过了他 |
[34:22] | taking a slice off the navicular. | 并从舟骨上切了一块下来 |
[34:26] | In going over the particulates | 再过滤哈金斯博士 |
[34:28] | that Dr. Hodgins found on the remains, | 在遗骸上发现的微粒的时候 |
[34:31] | I got some grass. | 我注意到有草 |
[34:33] | Yes, marijuana. | 对 大麻[也用草来形容大麻] |
[34:35] | Oh, yes, also regular grass: | 是啊 也有普通的草类 |
[34:38] | fescue and bluegrass. | 牛毛草和六月禾 |
[34:40] | Which means? | 你的意思是 |
[34:41] | It’s a riding mower. | 是一台驾驶式割草机 |
[34:43] | Oh, my God! | 老天 |
[34:46] | The victim was killed by someone on a ride-on lawn mower. | 被害人是被某个开割草机的人杀害的 |
[34:50] | The blades severed the plantar arteries, | 刀片割断了跖动脉 |
[34:52] | and he bled out. | 他失血过多 身亡了 |
[34:55] | Filmore, you did it! | 费摩尔 你做到了 |
[34:57] | You’re a genius! | 你真是天才 |
[35:01] | Bug news. Big bug news. | 虫新闻 重大虫新闻 |
[35:04] | All of the bugs that we found on the pot leaves, | 所有在大麻叶上发现的虫子 |
[35:06] | they all ingested this food gel that’s used by reptile breeders. | 都摄入了爬行动物饲养员用的食用胶 |
[35:09] | It’s an insect super food. | 这简直就是昆虫的超级食物 |
[35:11] | Bugs smell this, they come flying from miles around. | 昆虫闻了这个就能飞好几英里 |
[35:14] | I also found traces of it on the sneakers. | 我在运动鞋上也发现了其残留 |
[35:17] | Of course. This is so exciting. | 当然 这真让人振奋 |
[35:19] | Really? Why? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[35:20] | The killer covered Dylan’s body in the gel. | 杀手在迪兰的身上涂满了这种胶 |
[35:23] | It would have exponentially increased insect activity. | 它能成倍的提升昆虫活动 |
[35:25] | Hastening decomposition | 迅速加快腐烂的速度 |
[35:27] | and completely obscuring time of death. | 并且完全模糊了死亡时间 |
[35:29] | So we would get time of death wrong. | 所以我们会把死亡时间弄错 |
[35:32] | But wait, wouldn’t everyone | 但是 慢着 |
[35:33] | at that Body Farm know how to use that? | 在陈列场 所有人都会这种做法吧 |
[35:35] | Yes, but from what Booth said, | 没错 但根据布斯所说 |
[35:37] | only one of them had an alibi | 在我们最开始推断的死亡时间 |
[35:39] | for what we thought was time of death. | 只有一个人有不在场证明 |
[35:41] | I’m guessing, because he knew he’d need one. | 我猜想 他知道自己需要不在场证明 |
[35:52] | There was no trace of blood on the blades | 刀片上没有血迹 |
[35:54] | because they’d recently been cleaned with bleach. | 是因为它们最近刚被用漂白剂洗过 |
[35:56] | How many times do I have to tell you guys? | 我和你们说过多少次 |
[35:57] | I was in Helsinki when Dylan was murdered. | 迪兰被杀时我在赫尔辛基 |
[35:59] | You were back for three weeks, right? | 你回来三周了吧 |
[36:01] | Yes. Check my travel records, okay? | 是的 查下我的旅行记录就行 |
[36:03] | The university in Finland. | 那会儿我在芬兰那所大学 |
[36:04] | I mean, there is no way I could have killed him. | 那样我没法杀害他 |
[36:06] | Unless Dylan actually died two weeks ago, Norman, | 除非迪兰两周前死的 诺曼 |
[36:12] | and not two months ago. | 而不是两个月前 |
[36:13] | Right, see, there’s a receipt here with your name on it | 瞧 这有张有你名字的收据 |
[36:16] | for two gallons of Gro-Fast bug food. | 你买了两加仑的昆虫速长食用胶 |
[36:20] | That sped up decomp | 那能加快腐烂的速度 |
[36:21] | and gave you the perfect alibi. | 为你提供了完美的不在场证据 |
[36:23] | Really think you were smarter than Bones here? | 你真觉得你比骨头还要聪明吗 |
[36:26] | Dylan contaminated your body with his marijuana field. | 迪兰的大麻地污染了你研究的尸体 |
[36:30] | That was your thesis project. | 那正好是你的论文课题 |
[36:33] | Simpkins said you’d been working on it for a year, | 辛普金斯说你已经研究一年了 |
[36:35] | and Dylan comes along and ruins it with his weed. | 迪兰来了后 用他的大麻把一切都毁了 |
[36:38] | “Shallow Grave Decomposition in Barren Soil.” | 《贫瘠土地的浅埋尸腐》 |
[36:41] | Quite an impressive project, actually. | 这的确是个令人影响深刻的课题 |
[36:43] | Barren soil. | 贫瘠土地 |
[36:52] | I get back from Helsinki, | 我从赫尔辛基回来 |
[36:55] | and his weed had spread right over my remains. | 他的大麻已经长到我研究的尸体的残骸上了 |
[37:01] | $60,000 in student loans | 六万美金的学生贷款 |
[37:03] | and I was gonna flunk because of him. | 就因为他 我的研究要付诸一炬 |
[37:05] | You think that’s right? | 你觉得这是对的吗 |
[37:06] | No, but killing him was worse. | 不 但把他杀掉更糟 |
[37:09] | I didn’t mean to. | 我不想那样做 |
[37:14] | I got the mower to cut it all down. | 我用割草机想把那些大麻全割掉 |
[37:22] | And he… he tried to stop me. | 他想要阻止我 |
[37:26] | I told him to move. | 我叫他走开 |
[37:30] | But he didn’t. | 但他没有 |
[37:39] | I kept thinking he would move. | 我以为他会走开的 |
[37:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:16] | What did I write my essay on? | 我根据什么写的论文 |
[38:18] | I used yours. | 我用了你的 |
[38:19] | I tarted it up a little. | 我加工了一下 |
[38:21] | Quoted Montaigne, | 引用了蒙田 |
[38:22] | David Foster Wallace. | 还有大卫·福斯特·华莱士 |
[38:25] | They’re writers. | 他们都是作家 |
[38:26] | I know they’re writers. | 我知道他们是作家 |
[38:28] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[38:29] | You’re telling me that | 你是想告诉我 |
[38:32] | if I wanted to, I could simply go | 只要我想 我就能 |
[38:35] | to Columbia University in the fall? | 在今年秋天去哥伦比亚大学吗 |
[38:36] | Yes. | 没错 |
[38:47] | I see what’s going on here. | 我知道怎么回事了 |
[38:48] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[38:50] | I just-I just… | 我只是 |
[38:51] | I want what’s best for you. | 我想给你最好的 |
[38:53] | I know you do, | 我知道 |
[38:54] | which is why you’re testing me. | 所以你才会考验我 |
[38:56] | – What? – Well, surprise. | -什么 -惊喜 |
[38:58] | I’ve learned a lot from you. | 我从你身上学到了很多 |
[38:59] | I’ve learned to try hard and not take shortcuts. | 我学到了应该努力 不走捷径 |
[39:06] | I’ve learned it’s wrong to cheat. | 我学到了作弊是不对的 |
[39:07] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[39:10] | But what are you gonna do? | 那你准备做什么 |
[39:14] | Here’s what I’ll do: | 这就是我想做的 |
[39:15] | I’ll work for a year and make money | 我会打一年工赚钱 |
[39:17] | and I’ll take extra courses, | 再补补课 |
[39:19] | and I’ll get into Columbia on my own and make you proud. | 然后我会自己考进哥伦比亚大学 让你骄傲 |
[39:24] | You already have. | 你已经让我骄傲了 |
[39:27] | I want to be just like you. | 我想成为你这样的人 |
[39:29] | That’s sweet, | 这话真甜 |
[39:30] | but I think you should aim a little higher. | 但我觉得你的标准应该定高点儿 |
[39:38] | It was wonderful meeting you, Dr. Sweets. | 认识你很荣幸 斯维斯医生 |
[39:41] | I’ve enjoyed my visit. | 在这里我很开心 |
[39:43] | And you’re leaving a hero. | 你像英雄一样离开 |
[39:44] | Oh, I’d hardly say. | 我不会那么说的 |
[39:46] | I know. That’s why I did. | 我知道 所以我替你说了 |
[39:49] | So did you talk to Dr. Brennan? | 你和布纳恩博士谈过吗 |
[39:53] | Oh, no. | 还没有 |
[39:54] | But if you really care about your arm, | 可如果你真在乎你的手臂 |
[39:57] | I seriously recommend… | 我建议你… |
[39:58] | Dr. Filmore. | 费摩尔博士 |
[40:00] | What now? | 什么事 |
[40:02] | Have I embarrassed you in some way, dr. Brennan? | 布纳恩医生 我在什么方面让你难堪吗 |
[40:06] | I know the only reason | 我知道我之所以来这 |
[40:07] | I was here was because you wanted the feet that I possessed. | 是因为你想要我手里的断足 |
[40:10] | – Dr. Filmore… – Do you deny it? | -费摩尔博士 -你想否认吗 |
[40:11] | Was it my expertise you sought when you called? | 你找我来 是因为我的专业知识吗 |
[40:15] | No, it wasn’t. | 不 不是 |
[40:19] | You are brilliant, Dr. Brennan, I won’t deny it, | 布纳恩博士 你很优秀 这点我并不否认 |
[40:23] | but you are also a close-minded and a thoughtless person. | 但你却也是一个思想保守 不留情面的人 |
[40:29] | Yes, I have heard that before | 确实 这话我听说过 |
[40:31] | which is why I wanted to address | 所以我想谈谈 |
[40:33] | the issue of the article I wrote in the journal. | 我文章中涉及的问题 |
[40:36] | While I don’t believe that forensic podiatry | 我不认为法证足病学 |
[40:39] | should be recognized as a separate specialty, | 应该被认定为一个单独的专业类别 |
[40:42] | I was remiss in my article not to have noted | 我在文章中很失职地没有提及 |
[40:46] | your remarkable skill | 你出色的技能 |
[40:48] | and expertise. | 和专业素养 |
[40:51] | You are exceptional, and I strongly doubt | 你是杰出的 我怀疑 |
[40:54] | we would have solved this case without your help. | 没你的帮忙 我们无法解决这案子 |
[40:57] | For that, I am very grateful… | 对此 我深表感谢 |
[41:01] | …and pleased to have had the opportunity to work with you. | 并且很高兴能有与您共事的机会 |
[41:12] | Dr. Filmore. | 费摩尔博士 |
[41:16] | – Oh, no, I’m so sorry. – Sweets, what were you…? | -天呐 抱歉 -斯维斯 你怎么… |
[41:18] | Well, no, I thought his arm would work. | 不 我以为他的手臂能动了 |
[41:19] | Don’t trouble yourself. | 没事 |
[41:20] | I shouldn’t have been… | 我就不应该 |
[41:21] | I shouldn’t have been in the way. | 我就不应该挡道 |
[41:23] | I’m fine, | 没事 |
[41:24] | I think. | 我想我没事 |
[41:33] | It works. | 它能动了 |
[41:39] | Look at that. | 瞧啊 |
[41:46] | I’m glad that you apologized to the Canadian. | 我很高兴你能对那加拿大人道歉 |
[41:48] | I’m proud of you, Bones. | 骨头 我为你骄傲 |
[41:49] | – I didn’t apologize. – I thought… | -我没有道歉 -我认为 |
[41:51] | The word “Apology” derives | “道歉”一词可以追溯到 |
[41:53] | from the Ancient Greek “Apologia” | 古希腊语”辩解” |
[41:55] | which means “a speech in defense.” | 意思是”辩解的演说” |
[41:57] | When I defended what I said to him, | 当我为我对他说的那些话辩解时 |
[41:58] | you told me that wasn’t a real apology. | 你告诉过我那不算是道歉 |
[42:01] | Why don’t you think of a word that means you feel bad | 你还是想一个新词吧 代表着 |
[42:04] | for making someone else feel bad? | 你因造成别人痛苦而感到痛苦的词 |
[42:07] | – Contrite. – Ah! | -悔悟 -噢 |
[42:08] | From the Latin “contritus” | 来源于拉丁语”悔悟” |
[42:10] | meaning “crushed by a sense of sin.” | 意思是”被罪恶感压迫着” |
[42:13] | There. That’s it. “Contrite”. | 对 就是这个 悔悟 |
[42:16] | Okay, I’m happy that you contrited to the Canadian. | 很高兴你能对那个加拿大人有悔意 |
[42:19] | Would you like to hear some more things | 你还想听些别的 |
[42:21] | that I feel contrite about? | 让我心生悔意的事情吗 |
[42:22] | – There’s more? – Yes. | -还有别的吗 -有 |
[42:25] | I feel contrite that I think your socks are silly. | 我对于认为你袜子傻气而感到懊悔 |
[42:27] | – What? – Also, I am contrite that | -什么 -我还我对于 |
[42:30] | I think you are foolhardy in the way | 认为你喝咖啡那么鲁莽 |
[42:32] | you approach a cup of coffee. | 而感到懊悔 |
[42:33] | How do I approach a cup of coffee? | 我怎么鲁莽喝咖啡了 |
[42:34] | You drink it without checking the temperature, | 你不试试咖啡温度就喝 |
[42:37] | and then you complain all day that your tongue is burned. | 然后你却总是埋怨舌头被烫到 |
[42:39] | I feel contrite that I think that’s stupid. | 我对于认为那很蠢而感到懊悔 |
[42:43] | Let’s recap, okay? Foolhardy and stupid? | 总结下吧 鲁莽而愚蠢 |
[42:46] | There’s more. | 还有别的 |
[42:48] | Bones, you don’t have to apologize for things that you think. | 骨头 你不必为你认为的事情道歉 |
[42:51] | – Oh. – Believe me, | -这样啊 -相信我 |
[42:52] | if we had to be sorry for every single thought… | 如果我们要为每个想法道歉的话… |
[42:55] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[42:56] | Oh, believe me, I’m not gonna fall down that path. | 我才不会中招呢 |
[42:58] | You know, I might say something | 我会说一些 |
[42:59] | I’m gonna regret later. No way. | 让我后悔的事 不说 |
[43:01] | Regret… The word “regret” derives | 后悔 “后悔”这个词 |
[43:03] | from the Old French “regretter…” | 可以追溯到古法语”懊悔” |