时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Can’t believe you forgot your binoculars. | 真不敢相信你忘了带望远镜 |
[00:08] | A lepidopterist without binoculars | 没带望远镜的鳞翅类学者 |
[00:10] | is like a day without sunshine. | 就像没带枪的士兵 |
[00:11] | Guess I was nervous to meet you. | 也许是因为跟你见面很紧张 |
[00:13] | Never done the online date thing before. | 我以前从没网恋过 |
[00:16] | There’s a red-banded hairstreak. | 有只红色带蝶 |
[00:18] | It’s so beautiful. | 太美了 |
[00:19] | Look what’s next to it. | 看它旁边是什么 |
[00:21] | Right. Another butterfly. | 好吧 另一只蝴蝶 |
[00:23] | – Hackberry Emperor. – Of course. | -朴树帝王蝶 -必须的 |
[00:26] | Guess I’m just tired. | 我大概是累了 |
[00:27] | We’ve only been at it for a few hours. | 我们才来了几个小时而已 |
[00:29] | When you e-mailed me and said you were into butterflies, | 你发邮件跟我说你超喜欢蝴蝶 |
[00:32] | it sounded romantic, | 我觉得挺浪漫 |
[00:34] | not like school. | 没想到这么枯燥 |
[00:37] | You’re not really a lepidopterist, are you? | 你其实不是鳞翅类学者吧 |
[00:39] | No, Gary. | 我不是 加里 |
[00:40] | I’m just a woman looking for a man. | 我不过是想找个男人 |
[00:46] | – And I brought a blanket. – Fantastic! | -我带了毯子来 -太棒了 |
[00:49] | Look at these. | 看这里 |
[00:50] | Oh, look at these. | 快看 |
[00:53] | A swarm of Silvery Checkerspots. | 一大群恰克斯伯银翼蝶 |
[00:55] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[00:57] | This is romantic. | 太浪漫了 |
[01:00] | But you’re going to remember this | 但你会记着这个 |
[01:02] | a lot more than those butterflies, Gary. | 远胜那些蝴蝶 加里 |
[01:07] | They don’t usually swarm like this. | 他们通常不这样抱成一团 |
[01:09] | Neither do I. | 我也不常 |
[01:23] | I hate online dating. | 我讨厌网恋 |
[01:30] | Partially skeletonized. | 部分骨化 |
[01:32] | Ribs splayed open. | 肋骨向外斜开 |
[01:33] | I have a feeling this wasn’t natural causes. | 我认为不是自然死亡 |
[01:35] | – Animal or psycho? – Probably. | -野兽还是疯子干的 -很可能 |
[01:38] | The angle of the mandible and the brow of the skull | 颔骨的角度和眉骨的形态 |
[01:41] | indicate a male. | 表明死者为男性 |
[01:42] | About 40 to 50, | 从下颌齿磨损情况判断 |
[01:44] | judging by the wear on the mandibular teeth. | 死者年龄约40到50岁 |
[01:46] | Hey. What’s-what’s with all the butterflies? | 这些蝴蝶是怎么回事 |
[01:49] | Chlosyne nycteis. | 克罗塞银翼蝶 |
[01:50] | They’re the Silvery Checkerspot. | 也就是土生土长的 |
[01:52] | Indigenous to the area. | 恰克斯伯银翼蝶 |
[01:54] | They’re probably just attracted by the remains. | 他们应该是被遗骸吸引来的 |
[01:55] | – Whoa, whoa, wait. Butterflies eat dead people? – Yeah. | -等等 蝴蝶吃死人 -是啊 |
[01:59] | Yeah, they may look beautiful, | 它们看上去挺美 |
[02:00] | but they’ll eat bird excrement, | 但它们吃鸟类粪便 |
[02:02] | and aphid guts, decomposing meat. | 蚜虫内脏 腐烂肉类 |
[02:05] | Oh. Right. | 好吧 |
[02:07] | What the hell? | 那是什么 |
[02:10] | Something smells like sulfur. | 闻起来像硫 |
[02:12] | It’s coming from the remains. | 从遗骸上散发的味道 |
[02:14] | It’s… | 是… |
[02:16] | Hate when you do that. | 讨厌你那么做 |
[02:18] | It’s not a typical… | 这并不是典型的… |
[02:19] | odor associated with decomposition. | 腐烂物的气味 |
[02:22] | Who would leave a goat out here? | 谁会把羊留在这儿 |
[02:24] | Who cares about a goat? Okay? | 谁在乎羊啊 |
[02:25] | We’re dealing with a dead body here. | 我们可在处理死尸 |
[02:26] | Look, shouldn’t there be more blood? | 不是应该有很多血迹吗 |
[02:28] | Yes. It-it appears all of the blood | 本该是 看来被害人体内的 |
[02:30] | has been drained from the victim’s body. | 血液都已经被抽干了 |
[02:31] | I’m guessing psycho. | 我猜是疯子干的 |
[02:34] | But look at the ribs, two through six, on the left side. | 可你看肋骨 左边第二到第六根 |
[02:37] | – Bite marks. – Cannibal? | -有咬痕 -食人者 |
[02:39] | No. It-it’s not human dentition. | 不 这不是人类齿印 |
[02:40] | – I’m confused. – Me, too. | -我有点糊涂了 -我也是 |
[02:42] | And I don’t like the feeling. | 我不喜欢这感觉 |
[02:48] | So, the heart is gone? | 心脏不见了 |
[02:50] | Well, it’s like someone ate it right out of his chest. | 好像有人从他胸口咬走了 |
[02:54] | The victim’s right ankle has a vertical transarticular pin | 被害人右脚踝有一处纵向跨关节针 |
[02:58] | that was surgically implanted to fix a past fracture. | 是做手术植入的 用以固定骨折 |
[03:01] | Could be a helpful identifier. | 可能对鉴别身份有用 |
[03:04] | Very good, Mr. Nigel-Murray. | 很好 尼格尔-莫瑞先生 |
[03:06] | While I have your attention and affection, | 在得到您的瞩目和赞赏的同时 |
[03:08] | there’s something that I’d like to say. | 我还有些话要说 |
[03:10] | Can you speak while working? | 一边干活一边说好不 |
[03:11] | Of course. As you may be aware, | 没问题 你肯定注意到 |
[03:13] | I am currently participating in Alcoholics Anonymous, | 我正在参加匿名戒酒会 |
[03:16] | pursuant to my unfortunate downward spiral | 以应对我赢得电视问答游戏大奖后 |
[03:19] | in the aftermath of my Jeopardy! win. | 一系列低劣的表现 |
[03:21] | I had no idea you were in AA. | 没想到你会参加匿名戒酒会 |
[03:24] | Yes, well, as with everything else, | 我有参加 如其它事情一样 |
[03:26] | discretion has been my watchword. | 谨慎是我的口号 |
[03:28] | Except when I was vomiting into someone’s hat. | 我往人家帽子里呕吐的时候除外 |
[03:31] | These look like spiny bristles | 这些看起来像是 |
[03:34] | from some kind of animal. | 某种动物的针尖状鬃毛 |
[03:36] | Oh, and the evidence on the X-rays | X光片显示 |
[03:39] | shows bone damage on the ribs | 肋骨上的骨伤 |
[03:41] | from long fang-like teeth. | 是由尖牙般的牙齿造成的 |
[03:43] | Oh. Maybe the heart was eaten. | 也许心脏的确被吃了 |
[03:45] | But anyway, I’m currently at step nine of 12, | 不管怎么说 我现在处于十二步里的第九步 |
[03:49] | which consists of me making amends to those people | 在这一步我要对酗酒期间 |
[03:52] | that I have harmed while I’ve been drinking. | 曾经伤害过的人道歉 |
[03:54] | Not necessary. Don’t even remember being wronged. | 没必要 我都不记得你得罪过我 |
[03:56] | I urinated in your tadpole tank, Dr. Hodgins. | 哈金斯博士 我在你的蝌蚪缸里排尿 |
[03:59] | What? | 什么 |
[04:00] | Mr. Nigel-Murray, that’s disgusting. | 尼格尔-莫瑞先生 太恶心了 |
[04:01] | Of course. Anyway, | 没错 不管怎样 |
[04:03] | Dr. Hodgins, I apologize. | 哈金斯博士 我向你道歉 |
[04:08] | – Dr. Saroyan. – No. | -瑟罗博士 -你别 |
[04:09] | All I want to hear from you right now | 我现在只想听你分析 |
[04:10] | are facts about this case. | 关于这个案子的事 |
[04:13] | Okay. At this point, | 好吧 此时此刻 |
[04:14] | from all of the evidence that I’ve gathered from the X-rays, | 根据我从X光片上搜集的全部证据 |
[04:17] | as well as the observable evidence on the remains, | 以及对骸骨的可见证据判断 |
[04:19] | indicates that our victim was killed by a cryptid. | 被害人是被神秘兽杀害的 |
[04:24] | – Cryptid? – A creature yet unrecognized | -神秘兽是什么 -是一种科学共识 |
[04:26] | by scientific consensus. | 尚未认证的动物 |
[04:29] | Of course. | 没错 |
[04:30] | Oh, no. You guys aren’t going to start talking about | 不是吧 你俩该不会要开始讨论 |
[04:32] | werewolves, are you? | 狼人了吧 |
[04:33] | No, no, no. I would posit | 不不不 我会假设 |
[04:35] | that it was a chupacabra. | 这是一头食腥兽 |
[04:38] | A spiny creature the size of a bear. | 一种熊一样大小的带刺生物 |
[04:40] | Vicious, a forked-tongue, with fangs easily capable | 有剧毒 舌呈叉状 长着能轻易 |
[04:44] | of biting out the victim’s heart. | 咬走人心的毒牙 |
[04:47] | But no one has ever captured or verified this chupacabra. | 但从来没人抓住或证实食腥兽真实存在 |
[04:51] | No. But reports show that it sucks out | 是没有 但有报告说它能 |
[04:53] | its victim’s blood, and leaves behind the scent of sulfur. | 吸干猎物的血液 留下硫磺的气味 |
[04:58] | And you found a goat tethered to a stake there. | 你发现一只拴在树桩上的山羊吧 |
[05:01] | Chupacabra means “goat sucker.” | 食腥兽的本意就是”吸羊血怪” |
[05:03] | So for cause of death, | 那死因 |
[05:04] | you want me to put down “goat sucker”. | 你俩想让我写”吸羊血怪”吗 |
[05:47] | Oh… What is that? | 那是什么 |
[05:49] | The murder victim’s stomach contents. | 被害人胃里的东西 |
[05:52] | Wow. You know, if you’re hungry, | 我说 要是你饿了 |
[05:54] | there’s uneaten food in the kitchen. | 厨房里还有些没吃过的食物 |
[05:55] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说得对 很抱歉 |
[05:56] | There’s just something about a pregnant woman | 孕妇就是有些 |
[05:58] | that precludes twisted humor. | 诡异的幽默感 |
[06:01] | – What’s up? – So I looked at the clothes | -怎么了 -我刚才在检查 |
[06:03] | that our guy was wearing. | 死者穿的衣服 |
[06:04] | Apparently, he did not scrimp on the duds. | 很显然 他可不在穿衣打扮上省钱 |
[06:07] | Everything was brand new. | 衣服都是全新的 |
[06:08] | It was like he was wearing a costume. | 就像盛装打扮一样 |
[06:10] | So maybe he wasn’t really an outdoorsman at all. | 也许他根本就不是常在野外活动的人 |
[06:15] | Oh, and guess what? | 你猜怎样 |
[06:16] | Vincent just apologized to me. | 文森特刚才跟我道歉 |
[06:18] | Oh. Step number nine: making amends? | 第九步 作出补偿 |
[06:20] | Yeah. He apologized for using my letter opener | 对 他向我道歉使用我的信拆 |
[06:23] | – to clean his fingernails. – Ugh. | -清洁他的指甲 -恶 |
[06:25] | And for telling his entire darts team that he slept with me. | 还有他跟他的飞镖队说他跟我睡过 |
[06:28] | Oh, my God. What is with him? | 我的天 他这是怎么回事 |
[06:31] | – He was drunk. – Well, but still? | -他醉了 -醉了也不能胡说八道啊 |
[06:34] | It’s not like I’m going to run into his darts team. | 再说我也不认识他飞镖队的狐朋狗友 |
[06:36] | Well, you are a better person than I am. | 你比我善良 |
[06:38] | Really? I’m not going to forget that you told me that. | 真的吗 我可不会忘了你这句话 |
[06:43] | You identified the victim how? | 你怎么确定被害人身份的 |
[06:45] | Well, no real hunter goes out to the woods | 真正的猎人不会穿崭新的衣服 |
[06:47] | in brand-new clothes, right? | 去树林里打猎 |
[06:49] | So he had to be a tourist. | 所以他肯定是观光客 |
[06:50] | So I sent his description to the hotels and lodges | 我就把他的肖像发给周边的 |
[06:53] | in the area and I got a hit. | 旅馆小店 得到了回应 |
[06:54] | Pine Tree Manor. | 松林庄园 |
[06:55] | Yeah, they said they had a guest | 他们说有一名 |
[06:57] | by the name of Lee Coleman, | 叫李·科曼的旅客 |
[06:59] | who disappeared and left his stuff behind. | 行李留在旅店 人却失踪了 |
[07:03] | Lee Coleman. | 李·科曼 |
[07:07] | The Lee Coleman. | 那位李·科曼 |
[07:10] | Why do you keep saying his name as if I should know him? | 你干嘛反复说他的名字 我该认识他吗 |
[07:13] | Lee Coleman. Kill the Myth. | 李·科曼 《扼杀神话》 |
[07:15] | It’s a TV show on the Wilderness Network. | 是荒野电视台的一电视节目 |
[07:17] | I’ve never seen it. | 我从来没看过 |
[07:18] | Wow. Do you even own a TV? | 哇 你有电视机吗 |
[07:19] | Of course. It’s in the closet. | 当然 只不过放在衣柜里罢了 |
[07:21] | Well, naturally. Anyway, on the show, | 挺正常 不管怎样 在节目里 |
[07:23] | Coleman would go out | 科曼会到野外 |
[07:24] | and he would debunk different myths and legends. | 揭穿许多神话传奇的真相 |
[07:27] | You know, the Loch Ness monster, the yeti, | 什么尼斯湖怪兽啦 雪怪啦 |
[07:29] | psychic healers, yada, yada. | 灵媒治愈者啦 神马神马的 |
[07:31] | I’m not familiar with the “yada yada yada” myth, | 我对这个”神马神马”神话不太熟 |
[07:33] | but the rest of them don’t need disproving, | 但其它几个不需要我反驳 |
[07:36] | because they don’t exist. | 因为它们根本就不存在 |
[07:37] | Okay, again, just because you haven’t seen something, | 我再说一次 你不能因为你没见过它 |
[07:39] | it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. | 就认定它不存在 |
[07:41] | I mean, you haven’t seen the backside of the moon, | 比如你从没见过月亮的背面 |
[07:43] | but you believe in it. | 可你却相信月亮有背面 |
[07:45] | What? | 什么 |
[07:47] | Just trying to think of an amusing quip | 我在想一个关于 |
[07:49] | about the backside of your moon. | 月亮背面的俏皮话 |
[07:53] | All right, great. What if Coleman was in the woods | 挺好 要是科曼留在树林里 |
[07:55] | trying to disprove the chupacabra | 为了《扼杀神话》栏目 |
[07:57] | for Kill the Myth? | 证明食腥兽不存在呢 |
[07:58] | And the myth killed him instead. | 相反 神话杀死了他 |
[07:59] | – It could happen. – No, it couldn’t. | -可能发生啊 -不 不可能 |
[08:01] | You can’t be killed by something that doesn’t exist. | 你不可能被不存在的东西杀死 |
[08:03] | Well, you can if it does exist. | 如果存在的话就能被杀死了 |
[08:04] | I don’t think you understand what the word “myth” means. | 我觉得你没理解”神话”的含义 |
[08:12] | Now what? | 那怎么了 |
[08:14] | Perhaps you could see your dark side | 也许你照照镜子 |
[08:17] | if you mooned a mirror. | 就能看到自己的阴暗面 |
[08:19] | Because “moon” is a term | 因为”月亮”作动词 |
[08:21] | – that refers to exposing… – I know, Bones. | -是暴露的意思 -我知道 骨头 |
[08:24] | Get it? It-it’s pretty clever, right? | 懂没 挺巧妙的吧 |
[08:26] | It’s clever, yeah, clever. | 真是巧妙啊 |
[08:27] | Yeah, I’d laugh but it’s that, uh, | 我倒是想笑 |
[08:29] | I’m afraid of driving off the road. | 不过怕会开偏车 |
[08:30] | – I understand. – You do, right? | -我明白 -你懂我 是吧 |
[08:32] | – Safety first. – Oh, yeah. | -安全第一 -这个当然 |
[08:34] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[08:48] | Odd that they would call it the Pine Tree Manor | 真奇怪 明明是在杉木林中 |
[08:51] | when it’s obviously clad in cedar. | 他们怎么起名叫”松林庄园” |
[08:53] | I was just thinking that. | 我也正在想这个问题 |
[08:54] | – Really? – No. | -真的吗 -没有 |
[09:03] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -有人吗 |
[09:06] | Welcome to the Pine Tree Manor. | 欢迎来到松林庄园 |
[09:07] | It would more properly be called | 这里称为杉木庄园 |
[09:09] | the Cedar Siding Manor. | 更合适一些 |
[09:11] | Right. FBI, Special Agent Seeley Booth. | 我是联邦特别探员瑟雷·布斯 |
[09:14] | This here’s my colleague, Dr. Temperance Brennan. | 这位是我的同事 坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 |
[09:15] | You must be here because of the myth guy. | 你们一定是为了那个揭秘者而来的吧 |
[09:17] | I’m Randy Shepard, I own the place. | 我叫兰迪·谢帕德 是这里的主人 |
[09:19] | Is it true what we’re hearing? | 流传的事是真的吗 |
[09:20] | What are you hearing? | 你们听说了什么 |
[09:21] | That something got the guy. Out in the woods. | 在树林里 某种东西杀死了他 |
[09:23] | Something… horrible. | 某种…恐怖的生物 |
[09:25] | And how’d you hear that? | 你从哪儿听说的 |
[09:27] | – From me. – Who are you? | -是我说的 -你是谁啊 |
[09:29] | I’m Melissa Lawson. | 我叫梅丽莎·拉森 |
[09:30] | Melissa’s our activities coordinator. | 梅丽莎是这里的活动组织人 |
[09:32] | What does that mean? | 那是干什么的 |
[09:33] | Fishing, hikes, bird-watching, nature trails, | 钓鱼 远足 观察鸟类 小径漫步 |
[09:35] | hunting. | 或者打猎 |
[09:36] | Mr. Coleman sort of monopolized Melissa | 科曼先生待在这的三天里 |
[09:38] | the three days he was here. | 就是梅丽莎全程陪同的 |
[09:39] | He was filming an episode of that show of his. | 他在这里拍摄一集节目 |
[09:42] | To debunk the chupacabra. | 来戳穿食腥兽之谜 |
[09:43] | Yeah. And it got him. | 是的 而他被这种怪物杀了 |
[09:45] | We’ve had sightings. | 有人见到过这种动物 |
[09:46] | People used to come from all over | 人们不远千里而来 |
[09:48] | just to get a glimpse of one. | 就为了要亲眼看看 |
[09:50] | What’s it look like? | 这怪物长什么样 |
[10:00] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:01] | So, I’ve analyzed those dermal cells we found on the remains. | 我分析了尸体上发现的真皮细胞 |
[10:03] | Turns out they are skin, but not human. | 发现确实是皮肤细胞 但不是人类的 |
[10:06] | Now, judging by the heavily keratinized stratum corneum, | 而根据其严重角质化的表层来判断 |
[10:08] | they appear to be reptilian. | 属于爬虫类动物 |
[10:10] | – Reptilian? – There’s more. | -爬虫类吗 -还有其他发现 |
[10:11] | Those needle-like quills, | 那些针状的硬毛 |
[10:13] | they’re composed of 45% carbon, 27% oxygen, | 由45%碳元素 27%氧元素 |
[10:17] | 15% nitrogen and six percent hydrogen. | 15%氮元素以及6%氢元素组成 |
[10:19] | That’s hair. | 这是毛发 |
[10:21] | and definitely mammalian. | 绝对是哺乳动物的 |
[10:22] | No. Th-th-that makes no sense. | 不可能 这…这说不通啊 |
[10:24] | Reptile scales and mammalian hair | 爬虫类的表皮和哺乳类的毛发 |
[10:27] | don’t coexist on any known animal. | 不会同时出现在任何已知的动物身上 |
[10:29] | Really? What about this? | 真的吗 那这种动物呢 |
[10:36] | Chupacabra. | 食腥兽 |
[10:43] | I’m Lee Coleman, and I’ve made it my life’s mission | 我是李·科曼 这个世界充斥着 |
[10:46] | to disprove some of the world’s most tenacious myths, | 看似毫无破绽的传说 异事和怪物 |
[10:49] | legends and monsters. | 揭穿其假面是我此生的使命 |
[10:50] | Don’t be a fool. | 轻信乃愚者所为 |
[10:52] | Kill the myth | 让我戳破传言 |
[10:54] | and find the truth. | 为你揭开真相 |
[10:56] | Join me next week | 请继续关注下周的节目 |
[10:57] | as I brave the deep woods of West Virginia | 我将勇探西弗吉尼亚的密林深处 |
[10:59] | in search of the mythic chupacabra… | 寻找神秘的食腥兽 |
[11:03] | …A creature whose name means “Goat sucker.” | 一种被称为”吸羊血怪”的神秘物种 |
[11:07] | But I’m going to prove that if you believe in him, | 而我将证明 如果你相信它的存在 |
[11:10] | you are the sucker. | 你绝对是蠢蛋 |
[11:13] | That promo wasn’t shot in West Virginia. | 这段宣传片不是在西弗吉尼亚拍的 |
[11:16] | It was a park near the studio. | 是摄影棚附件的一个公园 |
[11:18] | I can’t believe he’s gone. | 我无法相信他真的死了 |
[11:19] | Well, you were his producer. | 你是他的制作人 |
[11:20] | You must’ve known he was going out there. | 你肯定知道他要去那里 |
[11:22] | I rarely knew what Lee was up to. | 我一般都不知道到李在干什么 |
[11:24] | He insisted on doing all of his own research. | 他坚持要自己一个人做研究 |
[11:26] | Can you think of anyone who would want to harm Lee? | 你能想到有谁会想伤害李吗 |
[11:30] | He made a career out of making people look like fools. | 他的职业就是让别人看起来都是傻瓜 |
[11:32] | Everyone he debunked probably wanted him dead. | 每个被他拆穿了假面的人估计都想要他的命 |
[11:34] | Believers in superstitions like these, | 那些对迷信深信不疑的人 |
[11:36] | they turn to illogical | 面对令人恐惧的未知世界时 |
[11:37] | explanations as a way of deriving control | 习惯于以不理智的方式 |
[11:39] | in a frightening and uncertain world. | 来试图控制周围的环境 |
[11:41] | – They’re nuts. – That’s a more succinct way of putting it. | -他们就是白痴 -真是言简意赅啊 |
[11:44] | But when a person like that has his way of life challenged, | 但对于这种人 其生活方式受到挑战时 |
[11:48] | becoming violent would not be surprising. | 通常都会诉诸暴力 |
[11:50] | You know, Lee was attacked once, by a dog. | 李曾被一条狗袭击过 |
[11:53] | He debunked a dog? What-what was it pretending to be? | 他还揭穿了一条狗 那条狗假扮成什么 |
[11:56] | He debunked a pet psychic. | 他戳穿了一个宠物通灵者 |
[11:58] | She lost a lot of clients. | 她损失了很多顾客 |
[11:59] | One day Lee was coming out of the studio, | 有一天 李离开摄影棚时 |
[12:01] | and this dog just went for him. | 这条狗径直冲了过来 |
[12:04] | And the pet psychic was just across the street | 而那个宠物通灵者就站在路对面 |
[12:06] | – watching the whole thing. – Was it her dog? | -看着这一切 -那条狗是她的吗 |
[12:08] | She denied it, but why else would she be there? | 她否认了 但难道她是碰巧在那里的吗 |
[12:10] | That mutt latched onto Lee’s leg, | 那条疯狗一口咬上李的腿 |
[12:11] | he fell, broke his ankle, had to have surgery, | 他摔倒后脚踝受伤 不得不动手术 |
[12:15] | and we couldn’t even touch the psychic. | 而我们却对那个通灵人束手无策 |
[12:18] | – When was this? – Last year. | -这事什么时候发生的 -去年 |
[12:20] | But he insisted on re-running the episode two weeks ago. | 但他在两周前坚持要重播那一集 |
[12:24] | He disappeared right after that. | 在那之后他就消失了 |
[12:27] | I told him he should forget about her. | 我跟他说别招惹那个女人的 |
[12:29] | She’s a loon, but he wanted to go after her again. | 她是个疯子 但他总是想再次揭穿她 |
[12:37] | I’ve never seen bone damage like this before. | 我从没见过这种骨损伤 |
[12:40] | Normally, puncture marks resulting from carnivorous scavenging | 通常 腐食食肉动物造成的刺穿伤口 |
[12:43] | are accompany by pits in the cortical bone surfaces. | 都在骨骼外表层伴有凹痕 |
[12:47] | Which are not in evidence. | 但这具骨骼上却没有类似痕迹 |
[12:49] | Mysteriously. | 多诡异啊 |
[12:50] | So I’ll analyze the wounds and try and establish | 我会分析伤口 试着区别出 |
[12:53] | which were caused by small animals | 哪些是由小动物造成的 |
[12:55] | and which might have been caused by the chupacabra. | 哪些可能是由食腥兽造成的 |
[12:57] | You are not letting this chupacabra thing go, are you? | 你对这个食腥兽着魔了 不是吗 |
[13:01] | I’d be skeptical if you told me | 如果你告诉我有种哺乳动物 |
[13:02] | that there was a venomous, egg-laying, duck-billed, | 集毒性 产蛋 鸭嘴和海狸尾巴于一身 |
[13:05] | beaver-tailed mammal, | 我也不会相信 |
[13:08] | and yet, | 然而 |
[13:09] | the platypus… | 鸭嘴兽… |
[13:10] | it does exist. | 确实存在 |
[13:14] | Mr. Nigel-Murray, do you need me to | 尼格尔-莫瑞先生 要不要 |
[13:15] | take that alcohol away from you? | 我替你把酒精拿远点 |
[13:19] | No, don’t be absurd. | 不用 别乱说 |
[13:20] | This is 80% ethyl alcohol. | 这是纯度达80%的乙醇 |
[13:23] | I would most likely go blind if I were to drink this. | 我要是喝了 大概就要瞎了 |
[13:25] | If… yeah, yeah. Take it away from me? | 若…好的 还是拿远点吧 |
[13:28] | Take the top. | 别忘了盖子 |
[13:31] | Dr. Saroyan. | 瑟罗博士 |
[13:33] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[13:34] | I really need you to let me apologize to you. | 我真的需要你允许我向你表达歉意 |
[13:37] | For my sobriety. | 为了我的戒酒疗程 |
[13:41] | Fine. Shoot. | 好吧 你说 |
[13:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:46] | I once went into your office, when you weren’t there, | 有一次我去你办公室 当时你不在 |
[13:49] | and I noticed that your desk drawer was open. | 我注意到你的抽屉是开着的 |
[13:52] | And I saw a stack of grocery coupons | 我看到了一摞购物优惠券 |
[13:54] | from the Sunday paper. | 是从星期日的报纸上剪下来的 |
[13:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:57] | Continue. | 继续 |
[13:58] | And I took some of the coupons. | 然后我顺手牵了些优惠券 |
[14:00] | I took one, it was for a soda, | 我拿了一张汽水的优惠券 |
[14:02] | and I took another one for a cheese snack, | 还有一张奶酪小零食的 |
[14:04] | and the third was for a frozen fish dinner. | 第三张是鱼肉的冷冻即食餐 |
[14:07] | Three coupons. | 三张优惠券 |
[14:08] | Yeah. I was tipsy. | 是的 我当时喝醉了 |
[14:12] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[14:13] | And as long as that’s it, I forgive you. | 如果这就是全部的话 我原谅你 |
[14:18] | What? | 还有什么 |
[14:19] | I also told some mates from Paleontology that you and I, | 我还告诉古生物学部门的同事 |
[14:23] | that we enjoyed a passionate | 我和你有一段激情四射 |
[14:24] | and extremely gymnastic sexual relationship. | 动作难度系数极高的床上伴侣关系 |
[14:28] | – What? – Yes. I did… it’s all true. | -什么 -是的 我…就是这么说的 |
[14:31] | I can’t believe you did that. | 你怎么能这么做呢 |
[14:33] | I-I-I know, I know, and I am deeply, deeply sorry. | 我…我明白 我非常非常的抱歉 |
[14:35] | It was the hooch. | 都是酒精惹的祸 |
[14:41] | Forget it. | 不要再说这个了 |
[14:42] | The injuries on the bones– I would like | 关于骨头上的伤痕 我希望 |
[14:45] | an explanation for them as soon as possible. | 能尽快得到一个解释 |
[14:47] | One that will not be met with derision. | 一个不让人笑掉大牙的解释 |
[14:52] | I shouldn’t have told her about the coupons. | 我就不该告诉她优惠券的事 |
[14:55] | I think the victim | 我觉得死者通过揭破这些传闻 |
[14:56] | is providing a valuable service by debunking these myths. | 为大家提供了很有价值的服务 |
[15:02] | Take a look at this. This is your proof. | 看看这个吧 这就是证据 |
[15:04] | El gringo es el diablo! | 这个外国佬是魔鬼 |
[15:06] | Oh, no, don’t be angry at me. | 别这样 不要冲我发火 |
[15:08] | Your priest is the one who has tricked you. | 你们的牧师才是将你们玩弄于鼓掌的人 |
[15:11] | Look. | 看吧 |
[15:12] | I put up a hidden camera, | 我放了一个隐藏式摄像机 |
[15:14] | and this is what it recorded last night. | 而这就是昨晚录下来的影像 |
[15:17] | Your priest has rigged this statue to cry. | 你们的牧师是神像流泪的幕后黑手 |
[15:20] | You know, some of these segments | 科曼录制的一些片段 |
[15:23] | that Coleman recorded used hidden cameras. | 是用隐藏式摄像机录下来的 |
[15:25] | He wouldn’t need a camera crew. | 他不需要一个摄影团队 |
[15:27] | For his expos on the chupacabra, | 他为了这集食腥兽揭秘 |
[15:29] | he might have put up cameras. They could still be there. | 他很可能也架了摄像机 也许还在那里 |
[15:31] | – Exactly. – I should watch this show. | -没错 -我真该看看这个节目 |
[15:34] | You know, not all miracles are fake, Bones. | 骨头 不是所有奇迹都是假的 |
[15:37] | There’s a reasonable explanation for all phenomenon. | 所有现象都会有一个合理的解释 |
[15:41] | You know I saw a yeti. | 你知道不 我看到过雪怪 |
[15:44] | Don’t be ridiculous. Yetis don’t exist. | 别开玩笑了 没有雪怪这种生物 |
[15:47] | I was in Nepal. | 我当时是在尼泊尔 |
[15:48] | Rangers have a secure training base there. | 骑兵团在那里有一个安全培训基地 |
[15:51] | I was doing field exercises, | 我在做野外训练时 |
[15:52] | about to rendezvous with my platoon, | 正准备和我的小队汇合 |
[15:55] | and… I saw it. | 就在那时…我看见了 |
[15:57] | About 30, 35 feet in front of me. | 大概在我前方10多米远处 |
[16:00] | You were in the snow. | 你当时是在雪地里 |
[16:02] | In unfamiliar terrain, alone, | 独自一人 面对陌生的地形 |
[16:05] | hallucinations are common. | 常常会出现幻觉 |
[16:06] | It was over ten feet tall. | 它有三米多高 |
[16:08] | It was huge. I looked straight in its eyes. | 体型庞大 我直视它的双眼 |
[16:11] | I pointed my rifle at it, and it ran. | 我把步枪对准它 然后它跑了 |
[16:13] | This was no hallucination. | 这可不是幻觉 |
[16:15] | Booth, I’m sure you thought… | 布斯 我确信你觉得… |
[16:16] | Okay, why don’t you just trust me, here? | 好吧 你怎么就不能相信我一次呢 |
[16:18] | Why can’t you just use | 你为何就不能 |
[16:19] | that brilliant scientific mind of yours | 用上你那聪明绝顶的科学家大脑 |
[16:22] | and at least admit that the possibility | 至少承认 我所说的事情 |
[16:25] | of what I’m saying here is true? | 有可能是真的 |
[16:27] | You-you’re serious? | 你 你认真的吗 |
[16:29] | Just forget it. You know, you talk a really good game, Bones, | 算了 你总是说得天花乱坠 骨头 |
[16:32] | but when it comes down to it, you’re no different | 但在紧要关头 |
[16:34] | than people who were certain | 你和那些坚信太阳 |
[16:35] | that the Sun revolved around the Earth. | 绕着地球转的人没有任何区别 |
[16:37] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[16:48] | Well, I did some readings for Nancy Reagan. | 我曾为南希·里根通灵过 |
[16:51] | Her dog, a Cavalier King Charles spaniel, Rex– | 是和她的狗雷克斯 一条查理士王小猎犬 |
[16:55] | cute little thing– | 可爱的小狗 |
[16:56] | he had some issues with being in the public eye. | 它害怕被别人关注 |
[16:59] | You can understand. | 你可以理解的 |
[17:01] | Sure, sure. | 当然 当然 |
[17:02] | Well, Hobart likes you. | 霍伯特喜欢你 |
[17:05] | Thinks you have a kind and understanding face. | 它认为你有一张亲切而且善解人意的脸 |
[17:08] | – Hobart? – Hobart. | -霍伯特 -霍伯特 |
[17:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:12] | – Hello. – Hobart looks like a very nice bird as well. | -你好 -霍伯特看起来也是一只非常不错的鸟 |
[17:15] | I’m here to ask you about… | 我来是为了问你关于 |
[17:16] | Lee Coleman. I know. | 李·科曼 我知道 |
[17:18] | Horrible man. | 可恶的男人 |
[17:20] | He has no idea how many animals he hurt | 他不知道因为散播关于我的谣言 |
[17:22] | by spreading those lies about me. | 他伤害了多少只小动物 |
[17:24] | You were angry about that. | 你为此很生气 |
[17:25] | Well, we all were. | 我们都很生气 |
[17:28] | Well, he thought you were responsible | 他认为你应该为 |
[17:30] | for the dog attacking him. | 狗攻击他的事负责 |
[17:32] | That’s nonsense. | 太荒唐了 |
[17:33] | Hadley acted on his own. | 海德利按他自己的想法做事 |
[17:35] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:37] | But you were with Hadley when he attacked. | 但是海德利攻击人的时候你也在旁边 |
[17:40] | I mean, you could’ve restrained him. | 你本可以制止他的 |
[17:41] | Well, we were taking a walk, | 我们当时正在散步 |
[17:43] | it all happened very fast. | 一切发生的太快 |
[17:44] | And he does regret the pain that he caused. | 他也很后悔他犯下的错误 |
[17:48] | He told you that? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[17:49] | We communicated, yes. | 我们沟通过 是的 |
[17:51] | Two weeks ago, when Lee Coleman was killed, | 两周前 李·科曼被杀时 |
[17:54] | you were also in West Virginia, weren’t you? | 你也在西弗吉尼亚州 对吗 |
[17:56] | Yes, I was seeing a client. A horse. | 是的 我当时正在会见一位顾客 一匹马 |
[17:59] | He felt emotionally displaced | 他情感上感觉被取代了 |
[18:00] | because his owners got a pony. | 因为他的主人养了只小马驹 |
[18:02] | Well, the farmer who hired you | 雇你去的农场主人 |
[18:04] | said that you came and went on your own schedule. | 说你是按自己的行程抵达和离开的 |
[18:07] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么 |
[18:09] | You’re the psychic, Ms. Michaels. | 你是灵媒 麦克斯女士 |
[18:10] | I’m sure you can figure it out. | 我相信你能搞清楚 |
[18:11] | You know, your business was hurt. | 你事业受损 |
[18:13] | You felt humiliated and ridiculed. | 你觉得受到了耻辱和嘲弄 |
[18:16] | You wanted revenge. | 你想要复仇 |
[18:18] | I did not kill that dreadful man. | 那个可怕的人真的不是我杀的 |
[18:21] | I was at the farm. | 我当时在农场 |
[18:23] | Ask the horse. Or the chickens. | 问问那匹马 鸡也可以 |
[18:25] | They all saw me. | 他们都看见我了 |
[18:28] | Right. | 是啊 |
[18:28] | I am not crazy, Dr. Sweets. And I do want to help. | 我没疯 斯维斯医生 我真的想帮忙 |
[18:32] | I heard that you found a goat at the murder scene? | 我听说你们在谋杀现场找到了一只山羊 |
[18:36] | If you want me to talk to him… | 如果你想我和他谈谈 |
[18:38] | Nah. No, thank you. Thank you. | 不 不 谢谢 谢谢你 |
[18:42] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[18:43] | I’m just going to leave. | 我这就走了 |
[18:44] | So if Coleman used a hidden camera out here, | 那么如果科曼在这里使用了一个隐蔽的摄像机 |
[18:48] | he probably would’ve had it aimed where the goat was tethered. | 他应该会将它对准扣住山羊的地方 |
[18:50] | You really had to volunteer us for this, huh? | 你非要申请由咱俩来完成这任务吗 |
[18:53] | Yeah! Thought coming out to the woods | 是啊 我想到森林里走走 |
[18:54] | would be nice, you know? | 肯定很不错 你懂的 |
[18:55] | Little fresh air. | 新鲜的空气 |
[18:56] | Honey, let me share something with you. | 亲爱的 我告诉你一些事 |
[18:58] | There’s a human growing inside me. | 一个婴儿正在我身体里生长 |
[19:00] | Vegging on the couch and eating pints of mint-chip ice cream | 窝在沙发上 吃上几品脱的薄荷片冰淇淋 |
[19:03] | is all I actually want to do. | 才是我真正想要做的事情 |
[19:05] | Recent studies show that mothers | 最新研究表明准妈妈们 |
[19:07] | who gain excess weight during pregnancy | 在怀孕期间过度发胖 |
[19:09] | make their babies more prone to childhood obesity. | 会导致他们的宝宝更易于得儿童肥胖症 |
[19:12] | Oh. That’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[19:14] | I read a study that says that | 我读到一个研究报告说 |
[19:15] | husbands who suggest their pregnant wives are fat | 暗示怀孕的妻子发胖了的丈夫 |
[19:18] | are far more prone to be slogged by them. | 很容易被妻子胖揍一顿 |
[19:21] | Right. Okkay, then. | 没错 那好吧 |
[19:23] | – Cameras. – Yes. | -摄像机 -对 |
[19:25] | Cameras… | 照相机 |
[19:26] | So I watched the segments of Kill the Myth | 我看了布纳恩传给我的《扼杀神话》的 |
[19:28] | that Brennan sent, Uh-huh. | 一些片段 |
[19:30] | Coleman always seems to use the same type of camera. | 科曼似乎总是用同样型号的摄像机 |
[19:33] | It’s a fixed-lens infrared | 是一种固定镜头的红外线 |
[19:35] | surveillance camera, | 监控照相机 |
[19:36] | with a maximum focal length of 20 feet. | 最长焦距为20英尺 |
[19:39] | So then, we should just measure a 20-foot perimeter | 所以 我们应该以这个桩为中心 |
[19:43] | from the stake, and then start searching. | 量出20英尺半径 再开始搜索 |
[19:46] | You know what I don’t understand? | 你知道我不明白什么吗 |
[19:47] | What’s that, babe? | 什么 宝贝 |
[19:48] | How come a creature whose name means “Goat sucker” | 为什么一个名叫”吸羊血怪”的动物 |
[19:52] | didn’t suck the goat? | 却没有吸干山羊呢 |
[19:53] | ‘Cause there’s no such thing as a chupacabra. | 因为根本就没有食腥兽这种怪物 |
[19:57] | Oh. This coming from the woman that believes | 相信星座那套说辞的女人 |
[19:59] | the stars control our fates. | 还好意思这么说 |
[20:00] | Of course you’re going to belittle astrology. | 你当然会看不起占星学 |
[20:02] | You’re a Virgo. | 你是处女座的 |
[20:04] | Think I got something. | 我可能找到线索了 |
[20:07] | Well, h-how are we going to get up there? | 我们怎么到那上面去 |
[20:10] | It’s just a little tree. | 只不过是棵小树 |
[20:11] | Hey, babe, you’re going to be a father. | 宝贝 你就要当父亲了 |
[20:14] | I don’t want anything to happen to you. | 我可不想你出什么事 |
[20:16] | Okay, but please, please be careful. | 好吧 拜托 一定要小心点 |
[20:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[20:22] | – Got it. – Hold on tight. | -找到了 -抓紧了 |
[20:25] | – All right, now I’m going to throw this down to you, okay? – Yeah. | -我现在把这个扔给你好吗 -好的 |
[20:31] | Got it. Um, it looks like there’s some water damage, | 接住了 看起来有些进水了 |
[20:34] | but I might be able to recover some data | 但是我也许能从数据卡中 |
[20:36] | from the memory card. | 恢复一些数据 |
[20:39] | If this timestamp is correct, | 如果这个时间标记没错 |
[20:41] | this was taken on the night that Lee Coleman was killed. | 这就是李·科曼被杀当晚拍下的 |
[20:45] | He might have recorded his own murder. | 他也许录下了他自己被谋杀的过程 |
[20:57] | This is the original image | 这是被害人肋骨和躯干 |
[20:59] | of the damage done to the victim’s ribs and torso. | 所受到的原始伤害的图像 |
[21:02] | Now here I’ve eliminated all injuries | 这里 我去除了所有被害人死后 |
[21:05] | caused from postmortem scavenging, | 造成的骨损伤 |
[21:07] | leaving only the wounds incurred during the initial attack. | 只留下原始攻击所留下的伤口 |
[21:11] | What is this triangle? | 这个三角形是什么 |
[21:13] | That is a bite mark. Presumably the result of | 那是一个咬痕 据推测是由两颗 |
[21:16] | two upper incisors and a single lower incisor. | 上门牙和一个单独的下门牙所造成的 |
[21:20] | I’m not familiar with any animal | 我不清楚哪种动物有 |
[21:22] | with that configuration of teeth. | 这样结构的牙齿 |
[21:23] | Like that. | 看那个 |
[21:27] | Legend says that that is | 据说那就是吸羊血怪 |
[21:28] | how the goat sucker drains blood from its prey. | 如何吸干猎物的血的 |
[21:31] | Hodgins is analyzing the swab from the injury site. | 哈金斯正在分析擦拭过伤口处的棉签 |
[21:35] | We’ll see what he comes up with that | 我们看看他能得出什么 |
[21:36] | doesn’t rely on legend. | 跟神话不沾边的结果 |
[21:38] | I’m-I’m very very sorry. | 我 我非常非常抱歉 |
[21:40] | Why? You’ve done more than satisfactory work. | 为什么 你出色的完成了你的工作 |
[21:42] | Oh! No, no, no, no. Um… | 不 不 不 |
[21:44] | As part of my recovery, uh, for drinking a lot, | 作为我从酗酒 玩乐中恢复的一部分 |
[21:47] | and having fun, I have to make amends. | 我必须要向大家道歉 |
[21:50] | All right. What for? | 好吧 什么事 |
[21:52] | One night, I borrowed your iguana and wore it as a hat. | 某天夜里 我借了你的鬣蜥蜴当帽子戴 |
[21:57] | At a party. | 在派对上戴了 |
[22:00] | Well, you must have taken care of him | 你一定把他照顾的很好 |
[22:03] | because I didn’t see any damage. | 因为我没看出有什么损伤 |
[22:04] | And also | 还有 |
[22:05] | I have to apologize for spreading a rumor… | 我必须为散布了一个谣言 |
[22:09] | that you and I were lovers. | 而道歉 我说咱俩曾经谈过恋爱 |
[22:11] | But it was nothing serious. | 但关系不是很正式 |
[22:14] | We were on and off. | 我们分分合合 |
[22:15] | We were just each other’s sexual playthings. | 我们只不过是彼此的性伴侣 |
[22:18] | And please remember that | 请你一定要记得 |
[22:20] | I’m apologizing for things that I did | 我是在为我醉酒后 |
[22:22] | when I was besotted with drink. | 做的事情而道歉 |
[22:27] | Why are you laughing? | 你为什么笑 |
[22:29] | Just the absurdity of you and I having… | 你和我 发生过… |
[22:34] | …a sexual relationship of any kind. | 性关系什么的太荒谬了 |
[22:37] | I mean, your-your friends must be very gullible. | 我是说 你的朋友们一定非常好骗 |
[22:41] | No, they’re not. Not particularly. | 不 不是 不是那样的 |
[22:43] | Then they must have been inebriated | 那他们也肯定是喝多了 |
[22:46] | and incapable of rational thought. | 以至于不能理性思考了 |
[22:49] | Stranger things have happened. | 奇怪的事发生了 |
[22:51] | I can’t think of any. | 我想不出来 |
[22:52] | I mean, I would sooner | 我是说我宁愿去确认 |
[22:55] | confirm that the chupacabra was the cause | 这个男人是被食腥兽 |
[22:58] | of this man’s death. | 所杀死的 |
[22:59] | I’ve been told that I’m an… I’m an excellent lover. | 别人说我是…我是出色的情人 |
[23:06] | So… | 所以 |
[23:08] | It appears that I’ve hurt your feelings. | 看来我刚刚伤害到了你的感情 |
[23:11] | No. No, no, it’s-it’s all part of the process, | 不不不 这 这是恢复的必经之路 |
[23:15] | and I have to accept the consequences of my actions | 我必须要接受我的所作所为所带来的后果 |
[23:18] | as part of my recovery. | 这也是我恢复的一部分 |
[23:20] | Then I’m glad that I could help. | 那我很高兴我能帮上忙 |
[23:21] | I must say that I’m impressed that you were able | 我得说你能将我的鬣蜥蜴 |
[23:24] | to get my iguana to stay on top of your head. | 作为头饰戴在脑袋上让我印象深刻 |
[23:27] | I’m clever with ribbons. | 我很善于使用丝带 |
[23:33] | Here you go. | 这边 |
[23:36] | I’m so sorry to bother you, Agent Booth, | 很抱歉打扰你 布斯探员 |
[23:38] | but I really need to talk to you about Lee Coleman’s murder. | 但我需要和你谈谈李·科曼的谋杀案 |
[23:40] | Sure. Come on in. No problem. | 可以 进来吧 没事 |
[23:42] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[23:44] | I started thinking | 我在想 |
[23:45] | that if someone killed Lee, I could be next. | 如果有人杀了李 我会是下一个目标 |
[23:48] | – You? – Maybe I’m crazy, | -你 -也许我发疯了 |
[23:50] | but before I produced Lee’s show | 但在我为李制作节目前 |
[23:51] | I worked with a man named Terry Bemis. | 我和一个名叫特里·比米斯的人共事 |
[23:53] | Okay, who is Terry Bemis? | 好的 特里·比米斯是谁 |
[23:55] | He had a show on the Wilderness Network: | 他在荒野电视台有个节目 |
[23:56] | Seeing Is Believing. | 叫做《眼见为实》 |
[23:58] | He’s probably the most famous cryptozoologist in the country. | 他大概是国内最出名的神秘动物学家 |
[24:00] | That’s very impressive, but I don’t know what that means. | 真让人印象深刻 但是我不知道什么意思 |
[24:03] | Cryptozoology is the study of hidden animals. | 神秘动物学是研究隐藏的动物 |
[24:06] | Animals whose very existence is in doubt. | 这些动物的存在遭受到质疑 |
[24:08] | Oh, right. Like the chupacabra? | 对 就像食腥兽 |
[24:11] | Yes, sure. But also various sea animals | 是的 没错 但是也有很多水生动物 |
[24:14] | who have actually been found and confirmed. | 已被找到并证实其存在 |
[24:16] | Look, the point is that Lee got Terry booted off | 关键是 李将特里踢出了 |
[24:19] | the Wilderness Network. | 荒野电视台 |
[24:20] | Oh, so you left crypto guy and you went with Lee. | 所以你离开了神秘动物学家找到了李 |
[24:22] | Yes. The network wanted me to. | 没错 电视台想要我这么做 |
[24:24] | Terry was very angry, as you would expect. | 你可以想象的出 特里很生气 |
[24:27] | He started making threats, | 他开始发出恐吓 |
[24:29] | which I didn’t believe at the time. | 当时我没有在意 |
[24:30] | But I did get this e-mail yesterday. | 但是我昨天收到了这封邮件 |
[24:34] | “Heard about Lee. | “听说了李的事 |
[24:35] | Some people get what they deserve, I guess. | 有人罪有应得了 |
[24:39] | Wonder how things will turn out for you?” | 不知什么时候会轮到你” |
[24:43] | Do you know where I can find Terry Bemis now? | 你知道在哪能找到特里·比米斯吗 |
[24:45] | Where else? | 还能有什么地方 |
[24:46] | Public Access. | 公共频道 |
[24:51] | This is the footage from the hidden camera | 这是我们在树上找到的隐蔽摄像机 |
[24:53] | we found in the tree. | 拍到的图像 |
[24:55] | My goat friend and I have been waiting here for eight hours. | 我和山羊在这里等了八小时了 |
[24:58] | The only thing we’ve been attacked by are mosquitoes. | 我们受到的唯一攻击来自于蚊子 |
[25:01] | Which is strange, because if these woods | 这很奇怪 因为如果这片森林 |
[25:03] | are supposedly riddled with chupacabra, | 如传言所说满是食腥兽 |
[25:06] | you would expect at least one of them to jump on | 怎么也应该有一只会 |
[25:09] | the only goat within a hundred mile radius. | 扑向这方圆一百英里内唯一的山羊 |
[25:12] | What he’s saying makes sense, | 说的很有道理 |
[25:13] | but he’s really unlikable. | 但是他太不招人喜欢了 |
[25:16] | The sun’s gonna be up soon, | 太阳就要上山了 |
[25:18] | and since these creatures are supposedly nocturnal, | 而既然传说这种生物在夜间活动 |
[25:22] | Billy Goat Gruff and I might as well call it a night. | 我和喜羊羊还是收工吧 |
[25:27] | Nothing for us there. | 对我们没什么用 |
[25:29] | That’s what I thought at first, too, | 最开始的时候我也这样想 |
[25:30] | but check this out. | 但是看看这个 |
[25:33] | Okay, here it is. | 好了 在这里 |
[25:35] | What? | 什么 |
[25:36] | Look at the goat’s ears just before | 仔细看科曼关掉摄像机之前那一刻 |
[25:38] | Coleman shuts off the camera. | 那只山羊的耳朵 |
[25:42] | Oh, wow, he hear something. | 哇哦 它听见了什么声音 |
[25:44] | Something Coleman didn’t hear. | 科曼没听到的 |
[25:46] | Can you work some sort of audio magic, | 你能用某种声音”魔法” |
[25:48] | see if you can pick it up? | 获取那段音轨吗 |
[25:49] | Yeah, it’s worth a try. | 是啊 值得一试 |
[26:05] | Did a GC Mass Spec on the swab results | 给三角形咬痕擦拭物做了气相色谱 |
[26:07] | from our little triangular bite. | 这是结果 |
[26:09] | I expected to find saliva, but instead I got that. | 我本希望能找到唾液 但是找到了这个 |
[26:11] | “Bisphenol A, diethyl propane and amorphous silica.” | 双酚A 二乙基丙烷以及非定晶硅 |
[26:16] | Whatat is that? | 这是什么 |
[26:16] | No clue, but as much as it pains me to say, | 不知道 尽管承认此事让我很受伤 |
[26:18] | it’s probably not Chupacabra spit. | 可能不是食腥兽的唾液 |
[26:20] | Did you I.D. the dermis | 你鉴别出尸体上 |
[26:22] | and those needles we found on the body? | 发现的那些真皮组织和针刺了吗 |
[26:23] | Yeah, I did. The reptile scales | 是的 爬行动物的鳞片 |
[26:25] | belonged to Ctenosaura pectinata; | 属于黑刺尾鬣蜥 |
[26:27] | or Mexican spiny-tailed iguana, | 或者叫墨西哥刺尾鬣蜥 |
[26:29] | and the needles, the needles were from a wild boar. | 而那些刺 来自于野猪 |
[26:32] | Are those rare? | 稀有品种吗 |
[26:33] | No, not anywhere you can buy a hairbrush. | 不 能买到毛刷的地方都有 |
[26:35] | This seems to be shaping up to be nothing more than a hoax. | 这事越来越像是一个骗局了 |
[26:38] | Don’t sound so sad. | 别说的这么难过 |
[26:39] | Do you really want to live in a world | 你真的想活在一个 |
[26:40] | where chupacabras roam free? | 食腥兽出没的世界吗 |
[26:42] | Yes, I really do. | 是的 我真的想 |
[26:48] | So, our friend the animal psychic has an alibi. | 那个动物通灵师有不在场证明 |
[26:52] | Don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 |
[26:53] | She was feeding a flock of pigeons in the park, | 她在公园喂一群鸽子 |
[26:56] | and they’re all willing to testify. | 而且鸽子们都愿意作证 |
[26:58] | – Close. Counseling a horse. – I was making a joke. | -差不多 她在给一匹马做咨询 -我开玩笑的 |
[27:00] | I know. Still, just afraid of driving off the road. | 我知道 我还是怕车毁人亡 |
[27:02] | You know, great. | 你懂的 好了 |
[27:03] | Anyway, the horse’s owner placed her on the farm. | 不管怎样 那匹马的主人确定她在农场里 |
[27:09] | I did some research. | 我做了一些研究 |
[27:11] | Really? | 是吗 |
[27:11] | The tracks you saw in Nepal are easily explained. | 你在尼泊尔看到的足迹很容易解释 |
[27:15] | I believe they were the tracks of smaller animals | 我认为是小型动物的足迹 |
[27:17] | widened by the afternoon sun. | 在午后阳光的照耀下扩大了 |
[27:19] | I didn’t see just tracks. | 我看到的不只有足迹 |
[27:21] | I saw the Abominable Snowman himself, hmm? | 我亲眼见到了喜马拉雅雪怪 |
[27:23] | He looked at me, and I looked at him. | 他看着我 我看着他 |
[27:25] | I believe you saw what you say you saw. | 我相信你看到了你所看到的 |
[27:27] | But you believe it was a hallucination. | 但你觉得那是幻觉 |
[27:29] | No, I believe you actually saw it. | 不 我相信你真的看见了 |
[27:30] | Ah. A yeti? | 雪怪吗 |
[27:31] | No. | 不是 |
[27:32] | What you saw was Ursus arctos isabellinus. | 你看见的是喜玛拉雅棕熊 |
[27:37] | They’re usually red or sandy in color, | 他们通常是红色或者浅黄色的 |
[27:40] | but the one you saw was covered in ice. | 但是你看见的那只被雪掩盖了 |
[27:42] | A seven-foot-tall bear covered in ice? | 七英尺高的熊被雪掩盖了吗 |
[27:44] | Yes. Ursus arctos makes this sound | 是的 棕熊发出的声音 |
[27:47] | much like a human being grunting. | 很像人类的嘟哝声 |
[27:49] | You did a lot of work on this. | 你下了很多功夫啊 |
[27:51] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[27:52] | I believe you saw exactly what you say you saw. | 我相信你所言非虚 |
[27:56] | You’re simply calling it by the wrong name. | 只是你叫错了名字 |
[27:57] | Ah, thank you, Bones. I appreciate you, you know, | 谢谢 骨头 我感激你 |
[28:00] | giving me the benefit of the doubt. | 假定我没有错 |
[28:01] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[28:09] | Okay, look, this guy has got two motives, okay. | 好了 听着 这个家伙有两个动机 |
[28:12] | One, revenge for getting booted to Public Access, | 其一 为被踢到公共频道而复仇 |
[28:14] | and two, he earns a living talking about mythical animals. | 其二 他以谈论那些神秘生物为生 |
[28:18] | Also, he’d be an expert at faking a chupacabra attack. | 还有他一定很擅长伪造食腥兽攻击 |
[28:20] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[28:22] | I received word this week that there was a sighting | 本周我得知有人看见了 |
[28:26] | of one of the most elusive cryptids: | 最罕见的未知生物 |
[28:29] | the Bukit Timah Monkey Man, | 武吉知马岛猿人 |
[28:32] | an immortal hominid that lives in the forests of Singapore. | 新加坡森林里的长生类人动物 |
[28:37] | What more proof do you need? | 你还需要更多的证据吗 |
[28:40] | Well, this is a treat. | 有嘉宾来了 |
[28:42] | It looks like we’re being joined today by | 看起来今天我们有幸请来了 |
[28:45] | one of the many celebrity guest scientist | 《眼见为实》的众多 |
[28:48] | who frequently appear on Seeing Is Believing. | 客座科学家之一 |
[28:50] | Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance Brennan is here. | 法医人类学家坦普瑞·布纳恩博士 |
[28:54] | Please, join me, Doctor. | 请加入我吧 博士 |
[28:56] | Kevin, get a chair! | 凯文 快去拿把椅子来 |
[28:59] | Should I go? | 我该去吗 |
[29:00] | Why not? It’s not like anybody’s watching. | 何乐不为 又没人看 |
[29:03] | Hello. | 你好 |
[29:04] | Bup-up-up-up-up! | 赶紧的 |
[29:07] | – Hello! Welcome. – Thank you. | -你好 欢迎 -谢谢 |
[29:09] | It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow scientist. | 和科学同仁座谈总是很荣幸的 |
[29:14] | I do not accept the premise that cryptozoology is a science. | 我不认为神秘动物学是一项科学 |
[29:18] | I would point out that | 我要指出 |
[29:20] | every major advance in the history of science | 历史上科学的每一个重大突破 |
[29:23] | was at first dismissed as fairy tale or pseudoscience. | 最开始都被误认为是神话或者伪科学 |
[29:27] | Cryptozoologists begin with a conclusion | 神秘动物学以结论为前提 |
[29:29] | and then work backwards to prove it. | 然后反向来证明其结论 |
[29:31] | That is not science. | 这不是科学 |
[29:32] | That’s the opposite of science. | 是刚好与科学相反 |
[29:34] | I’m sorry, did you just come here to insult me and my work? | 抱歉 你到这来是侮辱我和我的工作的吗 |
[29:38] | No, I came here | 不 我来这 |
[29:39] | because you’re a suspect in the murder of Lee Coleman. | 是因为你涉嫌谋杀李·科曼 |
[29:44] | And we’ll be right back. | 马上回来 |
[29:50] | So now I have to talk to a shrink? | 我现在必须要和心理医生谈话吗 |
[29:52] | Why, because I believe there are creatures | 为什么 因为我相信 |
[29:55] | the scientific community doesn’t accept? | 科学界不接受的生物吗 |
[29:58] | No, no, I think this has more to do | 不是 不是 我觉得这主要是因为 |
[29:59] | with the e-mail you sent to Ms. Tweed. | 你发给特韦德女士的邮件 |
[30:02] | It was an e-mail! | 不就是封邮件 |
[30:03] | A piece of paper. | 一张纸而已 |
[30:04] | Not even… until it was printed. | 没打印出来的时候连纸都不是 |
[30:07] | The FBI sees it as a threat. | 联邦调查局认为这是恐吓 |
[30:08] | So I’m here to try and understand why you sent it. | 所以我要了解你为什么发那封邮件 |
[30:11] | I was angry that I lost my show. | 我因剧集被砍了恼羞成怒 |
[30:13] | I’m sorry. Look, | 抱歉 听着 |
[30:15] | I know people think I’m a little off | 我知道人们因为我的研究领域 |
[30:17] | because of my field of study. | 认为我头脑有点儿不正常 |
[30:19] | Oh, no. I mean, I study the human mind, okay, so I can | 不 我是说 我是学心理的 |
[30:22] | definitely confirm that there are many mysteries out there | 所以我确信有很多神秘的事情 |
[30:25] | that are very difficult to explain. | 是很难解释的 |
[30:26] | Yes. Right, yes. | 是的 没错 |
[30:29] | And you had a forum on the Wilderness Channel | 你在荒野电视台有个论坛 |
[30:31] | to educate people. | 来教育大众 |
[30:32] | I was gonna get a publishing deal and everything. | 我本来有出版合同 一切的一切 |
[30:34] | To distribute your findings. | 发布你的发现 |
[30:36] | I could have legitimized cryptozoology. | 我本可以使神秘动物学得到认可的 |
[30:39] | You must have been very angry. | 你肯定很生气 |
[30:40] | The son of a bitch destroyed my life and he took my producer. | 那混蛋毁了一切还抢走了我的制片人 |
[30:45] | I’m on a community college station now. | 我现在沦落到了社区大学 |
[30:47] | My show airs at 2:00 in the morning. | 我的节目凌晨两点播出 |
[30:50] | How would you feel? | 换了你 心情会如何 |
[30:52] | Angry. | 生气 |
[30:55] | Not angry enough to kill someone. | 但没气到杀人泄愤 |
[30:57] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没杀他 |
[30:59] | I didn’t have to. | 我没必要 |
[31:00] | The Chupacabra beat me to it. | 食腥兽替我报仇了 |
[31:02] | Coleman had such disdain for my work. | 科曼鄙视我的工作 |
[31:05] | But I bet he believed in that creature | 我赌他现在相信食腥兽的存在 |
[31:09] | as it was killing him. | 他是被它杀死的 |
[31:13] | The FBI’s convinced that the whole attack was faked, | 联邦调查局确信袭击是伪造的 |
[31:17] | that there’s no such thing as a chupacabra. | 没有食腥兽这种东西 |
[31:21] | There’s ample literature that proves otherwise. | 有足够多的文献证明其存在 |
[31:24] | Is this your own self-published literature we’re talking about? | 你说的是你自己出版的文献吗 |
[31:26] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[31:27] | With all the media frenzy over Coleman’s death, | 媒体疯狂的报道科曼的死 |
[31:30] | those woods are like Grand Central Station. | 那片树林现在就像是中央车站一样热闹 |
[31:33] | I’m sure the Chupacabra has long since fled. | 我确定食腥兽早已逃走了 |
[31:36] | It’s like the Loch Ness fiasco all over again. | 就跟尼斯湖水怪的那次事件一样 |
[31:40] | Yeah, possibly. | 可能吧 |
[31:41] | Uh, but the forensics team is combing though all of the evidence. | 但是鉴证组正在梳理所有的证据 |
[31:46] | So I’m sure they’ll find the truth. | 我相信他们会找到真相的 |
[31:49] | That’s what you want, isn’t it? | 这是你想要的 不是吗 |
[31:51] | The truth? | 真相 |
[31:56] | So I stripped away the audio track with Coleman’s voice | 我把科曼的声音从音轨里去除了 |
[32:00] | and I amplified the background noise. | 放大了背景音 |
[32:04] | You just turned up the volume. | 你只是调大了音量 |
[32:05] | I could’ve done that. | 我也能做到 |
[32:06] | I’m sorry. Uh, do I just say, | 不好意思 我有说 |
[32:08] | “You look at gooey stuff all day. I could do that”? | “你只是盯着粘稠物看 我也能”了吗 |
[32:11] | I also used a multiband digital noise gate | 我还用了多频数字噪声闸 |
[32:13] | to remove the ambient sounds | 去掉了环境声 |
[32:15] | and I reconstituted the compressed information | 还根据奈奎斯特频率 |
[32:17] | above the Nyquist frequency. Okay? | 重建了压缩信息 明白了吗 |
[32:20] | I think you’ve made your point, yes. | 你说的很清楚了 |
[32:23] | This is what we have left. | 这是最后剩下的音轨 |
[32:31] | They both sound animal-like. | 听起来都像动物的声音 |
[32:32] | Yeah, well, the first one is. | 是啊 第一个是 |
[32:34] | I’ve identified it as the mating call of a whitetail deer. | 我鉴定出来是白尾鹿交配的声音 |
[32:36] | And the second sound? | 第二个呢 |
[32:38] | Well, I haven’t cracked that one yet. | 还没破解出来 |
[32:39] | It sounds like an animal, | 听起来像是动物 |
[32:41] | but look at it on the EQ visualiser. | 但是看图形均衡器 |
[32:46] | It has a recurring consistent pattern | 有一致性的规律波动 |
[32:49] | that suggests it’s mechanical. | 表明是一种机器的声音 |
[32:51] | I’m gonna run it through the Jeffersonian’s audio database | 我要把它输进杰斐逊实验室的音频数据库 |
[32:54] | and check for matches. | 进行比对 |
[32:55] | Oh! We have an audio database? | 我们有音频数据库吗 |
[32:57] | Yeah, we sure do. | 是啊 当然有 |
[32:59] | It has over 35 million sounds. Check this out. | 里面有超过三百五十万种声音 来听听这个 |
[33:03] | So this is an Italian man sneezing. | 这个是意大利男人打喷嚏的声音 |
[33:07] | This is the engine of an old Model T. | 这是一个老的T型发动机的声音 |
[33:12] | How about an F3 tornado? | 来听听三级飓风的声音怎么样 |
[33:16] | Here’s a raisin falling in milk. | 这是葡萄干掉进牛奶里的声音 |
[33:20] | Did someone just drop a raisin into some milk? | 谁把葡萄干掉进牛奶里了吗 |
[33:24] | Sorry to interrupt. | 不好意思打扰了 |
[33:25] | There’s something that I need to show you, Dr. Saroyan. | 有些东西你要看一下 瑟罗博士 |
[33:28] | No confessions? | 不是忏悔吧 |
[33:30] | I confess, no. | 我坦白 不是 |
[33:34] | I sorted through the dentition of dozens of carnivorous animals, | 我过滤了几十种肉食动物的齿系 |
[33:38] | and I finally found a match | 终于找到和被害人 |
[33:40] | to the puncture wounds on the victim’s ribs. | 肋骨刺穿伤吻合的了 |
[33:42] | They are consistent with the bite of a black bear. | 伤口和黑熊造成的咬伤是一致的 |
[33:46] | – A black bear? – Yes. | -黑熊 -没错 |
[33:47] | And also, when I looked back at the X-rays, | 而且 仔细观察了下X光片 |
[33:50] | I noticed a uniform separation | 我注意到在两个 |
[33:52] | of the bones in the joints | 踝关节处的骨骼上有 |
[33:54] | of both ankles, totally even. | 完全对称一致的缺口 |
[33:56] | And that’s odd. | 这很奇怪 |
[33:58] | I also found evidence of abrasions | 在踝骨处残留的肌肉组织上 |
[34:00] | on the tissue left on the ankles. | 我也发现了磨损的痕迹 |
[34:02] | And look at this. | 再看这个 |
[34:04] | The cervical and lumbar vertebrae | 颈椎和脊柱之间 |
[34:08] | appear to be separated. | 也有缺口 |
[34:09] | This is all consistent | 这些伤情均证明 |
[34:10] | with him being hung upside down by his ankles. | 他脚踝被绑 被倒挂起来 |
[34:13] | Which would explain the abrasions. | 这也就解释了组织和骨骼的损伤 |
[34:14] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[34:15] | His blood wasn’t sucked out by some mythical creature. | 他的血不是被神秘生物吸干的 |
[34:18] | It was drained using the same method employed by hunters. | 而是通过猎手们惯用的手法抽干的 |
[34:21] | Remember that chemical compound I found in the bite mark? | 记得我在咬痕处找到的化合物吗 |
[34:23] | Bisphenol A, diethyl propane and amorphous silica. | 双酚A 二乙基丙烷以及非定晶硅 |
[34:26] | Dude, this isn’t Jeopardy! | 伙计 这可不是电视问答节目 |
[34:29] | I finally figured out | 我终于找到 |
[34:30] | what contained those three chemicals. | 含有这三种化学成分的物质了 |
[34:32] | Jaw Jelly. | 是颌骨胶 |
[34:35] | Jaw Jelly is a one-part gel adhesive used by taxidermists | 颌骨胶是一种局部粘合胶 |
[34:40] | to create a “Wet look” in the mouths | 通常为动物标本制作师所用 |
[34:41] | of animals they’ve mounted. | 为了给动物的嘴打造出湿漉漉的感觉 |
[34:43] | Are you thinking of taking up taxidermy? | 你准备钻研动物标本制作吗 |
[34:45] | No, this is relevant to the case. | 不是 只是这与案子有关 |
[34:46] | I believe the bite marks to Coleman’s ribs | 我觉得科曼肋骨上的咬痕 |
[34:49] | came from a taxidermied bear. | 是一只熊的标本造成的 |
[34:52] | Right, so he was killed by a stuffed animal? | 那他是被毛绒动物杀死的吗 |
[34:54] | Whoever simulated this attack used a bear tooth | 攻击者一定是用了熊的牙齿 |
[34:58] | to imitate the tripartite incisor pattern | 去模仿食腥兽的 |
[35:01] | ascribed to a chupacabra. | 三颗门齿的形状 |
[35:02] | And I know where we can find a stuffed bear. | 我知道我们在哪儿可以找到毛绒熊 |
[35:08] | It’s a lot busier here than it was. | 这里比之前热闹多了 |
[35:10] | Well, it looks like a monster attack | 看来这地方正需要 |
[35:11] | is what this place needed, eh? | 一起怪兽袭击事件 |
[35:13] | Look at that. $159 a night now. | 看那个 现在成了159刀一晚 |
[35:19] | That’s a bear. | 那是只熊 |
[35:26] | One of the bear’s incisors has been removed. | 熊的一颗门齿被拔除了 |
[35:29] | I can use the corresponding incisors | 我可以用相匹配的门齿 |
[35:31] | to confirm that the tooth used to stab Coleman | 来确认杀死科曼的牙齿 |
[35:35] | came from this bear. | 是来自这只熊的 |
[35:36] | I expect nothing less. | 我也是这样想的 |
[35:37] | Back again? | 又回来了吗 |
[35:38] | Yeah. Wow, business really is booming, isn’t it? | 是的 你的生意日益兴旺 不是吗 |
[35:41] | Well, I hate that it came on the back | 虽然是由科曼先生惨死造成的 |
[35:43] | of Mr. Coleman’s misfortune, but I’m grateful for the guests. | 但生意好还是挺让人开心的 |
[35:46] | – Can I see your hands? – My hands? | -能看看你的手吗 -我的手 |
[35:48] | Yeah, you know, the things at the end of your arms there. | 对 就是你手臂端长的东西 |
[35:51] | Your hands. | 你的手 |
[35:51] | Look at that. Rope burns. | 看呀 绳子磨的痕迹 |
[35:52] | It’s what happens when you hoist animals up to drain their blood. | 是你把猎物吊起来时留下的痕迹 |
[35:55] | Isn’t that right, Randy? | 对不对 兰迪 |
[36:05] | A psychologist? | 你是心理学家 |
[36:06] | It’s my job to determine whether you’re capable | 我负责判断你是否有能力 |
[36:08] | of murdering and mutilating a human being. | 杀死并残害他人 |
[36:10] | A guy would have to be crazy | 疯了的人 |
[36:12] | to do something like that, right? | 才会做这种事呢 对吗 |
[36:13] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[36:14] | Yeah, I guess so. I’m not crazy. | 我想是的 我并没疯 |
[36:17] | So I guess I couldn’t have done it. | 所以不会是我干的 |
[36:18] | Our people did find Lee Coleman’s epithelial cells | 我们的人在你的储物柜里找到了 |
[36:21] | on the rope in your supply closet. | 带有李·科曼上皮细胞的绳子 |
[36:23] | Rope burns on your hands and vestiges | 你手上的磨痕以及 |
[36:26] | of your DNA on the rope. Can you explain that? | 绳子上有你的DNA残留 你怎么解释 |
[36:28] | I didn’t kill him. I’m not crazy. | 我没有杀他 我并没有疯 |
[36:30] | All right, you just said that | 好吧 你这么说好像 |
[36:31] | as though you know who did kill him. | 你知道是谁杀了他 |
[36:34] | I did? | 有吗 |
[36:35] | Yes. Do you know who killed him? | 有 你知道谁杀了他吗 |
[36:36] | No. How would I? | 不知道 我怎么会知道 |
[36:39] | All right. | 那好 |
[36:42] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[36:43] | Hmm? Oh, don’t worry. | 没什么 别担心 |
[36:45] | I just advise the FBI. | 我只是在向联调局汇报 |
[36:46] | I don’t actually decide who’s arrested and tried for murder. | 我没权决定谁会因这起谋杀被逮捕 |
[36:51] | So what are you telling them? | 那你给他们汇报什么 |
[36:52] | I am advising them | 我告诉他们 |
[36:54] | that in my professional opinion, you’re lying. | 从我专业的角度 我判断你在撒谎 |
[36:56] | That and the rope and the skin cells– | 那个 绳子 还有表皮细胞 |
[36:58] | they’ll probably arrest you. | 足够逮捕你了 |
[37:00] | You’ll be needing a lawyer. | 你需要请律师了 |
[37:01] | All right, thank you for your time. | 好了 谢谢光临 |
[37:04] | Wait. | 等等 |
[37:07] | I-I didn’t kill the guy, | 我没有杀那个人 |
[37:08] | but I did the rest. | 但我做了剩下的事 |
[37:12] | The rest? | 剩下的事 |
[37:14] | Yeah, the draining of the blood, the heart. | 是的 我放干了血 挖出了心 |
[37:16] | Yes, I did that stuff. | 我做了那些 |
[37:18] | Why? | 为什么要那样 |
[37:20] | I came across the body. | 我发现了这具尸体 |
[37:21] | Since he was already dead, | 他既然已经死了 |
[37:22] | I thought if it looked like he was killed by the chupacabra, | 我想如果弄成像是食腥兽干的 |
[37:26] | then he wouldn’t have died in vain. | 他也算是死得其所 |
[37:29] | You know, most people who find a corpse in the woods, | 大多数人在林子里发现尸体后 |
[37:32] | they call the police. | 会报警 |
[37:33] | The lodge is in debt, I was gonna lose it. | 旅店欠债 我可能会干不下去 |
[37:36] | Coleman was my best chance at saving my business. | 科曼是我挽救生意的最好机会 |
[37:38] | That’s not crazy, is it? | 这不算疯狂吧 |
[37:39] | Exactly how did you fake the attack? | 你是怎样伪装袭击事件的 |
[37:43] | Took the bear tooth and made the bite marks with it. | 我取下了熊的牙齿 在尸体上留下咬痕 |
[37:46] | Spread some insecticide around to make it smell like sulfur. | 在周围撒了杀虫剂 闻起来就像硫磺了 |
[37:49] | And then you tore out his heart | 然后你挖出了心脏 |
[37:51] | and hung him up to drain the blood? | 把他吊起来放血 |
[37:54] | But I didn’t shoot the guy. | 但不是我开的枪 |
[37:56] | Nobody said anything about shooting. | 没有人提起枪的事 |
[37:59] | Well, I just meant… | 我是说… |
[38:01] | Who did? Who shot him? | 是谁干的 谁开的枪 |
[38:02] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[38:04] | I didn’t even have the heart to kill the goat. | 那只羊我都没忍心杀 |
[38:06] | Where’s the bullet? | 子弹在哪里 |
[38:12] | I buried it with the heart. | 和心埋在一起了 |
[38:14] | Since I didn’t kill the guy, | 鉴于不是我杀的那个人 |
[38:16] | that’s not so bad, is it? | 情况没有那么糟吧 |
[38:18] | No, it’s bad. It’s very bad, Randy. | 很糟 非常糟 兰迪 |
[38:25] | Very bad. | 非常糟 |
[38:33] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[38:34] | Yeah, I want to show you something on the rope. | 是的 我想让你看看绳子上的东西 |
[38:37] | Oh. Oh, good. | 哦 好啊 |
[38:39] | What? You seem nervous. | 怎么了 你这么紧张的 |
[38:42] | Truth be told, I thought that you might be upset | 说实话 我以为你会因为 |
[38:44] | that I told the world I was sleeping with your wife. | 我四处宣扬和你老婆睡觉的事而气愤 |
[38:47] | Vincent, you were drunk. Come on. I understand. | 文森特 你喝醉了 没事 我理解 |
[38:50] | Oh. Oh, wonderful. | 那太好了 |
[38:52] | Okay, the rope. | 对了 绳子 |
[38:53] | Yeah, yeah, just take a look at the epithelial cells | 对 你透过显微镜看一下 |
[38:56] | through the microscope. | 那些上皮细胞 |
[38:58] | They look no different than before to me. | 看起来和之前一样 |
[39:03] | Hmm. Yeah, that’s-that’s what I thought, too, | 是的 我也这么觉得 |
[39:06] | so I was just… I was just… checking. Thanks. | 我只是确认一下 谢谢 |
[39:10] | Oh, no, no, you’re welcome. | 没什么 不客气 |
[39:11] | And you’re absolutely sure that you’re okay | 你确定你不介意 |
[39:14] | with this whole Angela business? | 安琪拉那件事 |
[39:16] | Do you really think I’m that petty? | 你认为我肚量那么小吗 |
[39:17] | No, no, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[39:20] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | -谢谢 -好 |
[39:26] | You are a kind and understanding man, Dr. Hodgins. | 你真是个善良又大度的人 哈金斯博士 |
[39:38] | So this is the mating call of a whitetail deer. | 这是白尾鹿交配的声音 |
[39:42] | And this is the first sound on the tape again. | 这是录影里的第一段声音 |
[39:47] | That’s not a match. | 并不匹配 |
[39:49] | ‘Cause it’s not a real deer. | 因为那不是真的鹿 |
[39:50] | So I went back in the audio database. | 我在声音数据库找了下 |
[39:52] | This is the sound…of a man-made deer call. | 这是…人工合成的鹿声 |
[39:57] | That’s a match. | 现在匹配了 |
[39:58] | What about the second sound? | 那第二段声音呢 |
[40:02] | A motorcycle? | 摩托车的声音 |
[40:03] | Actually, it’s a gas-powered four-stroke engine. | 事实上是燃气驱动四冲程引擎的声音 |
[40:06] | An all-terrain vehicle | 就是旅馆有的那种 |
[40:07] | like the kind they had at the lodge. | 全地形车 |
[40:09] | So someone was out hunting. | 就是说有人那晚在打猎 |
[40:52] | She shot him accidentally? | 她意外射死了他吗 |
[40:53] | Well, she actually said it was his own fault | 她说是他的错 |
[40:55] | for not wearing an orange vest in the woods. | 因为他在林子里没有穿桔色背心 |
[40:58] | This is why I’m against hunting. | 因此我反对打猎 |
[41:00] | Not because of Bambi? | 难道不是因为小鹿斑比 |
[41:01] | All right, mostly because of Bambi. | 好吧 主要是因为斑比 |
[41:03] | Melissa told Randy what happened, | 梅丽莎告诉兰迪所发生的事 |
[41:05] | and he used it to his own advantage. | 他则想从中获利 |
[41:06] | So if Coleman had just worn an orange vest, | 如果科曼穿了桔色背心 |
[41:10] | he’d still be alive, | 他就不会死了 |
[41:11] | and Randy wouldn’t have mutilated him | 兰迪也不会通过残尸 |
[41:13] | to increase business. | 来增加生意 |
[41:13] | Yep. Here’s to stupidity and greed, | 没错 为保证我们饭碗的 |
[41:16] | the two elements that keep us employed. | 愚昧与贪婪干杯 |
[41:20] | Cheers! | 干杯 |
[41:22] | All right, everyone. That was fun. | 各位 今晚真开心 |
[41:24] | – See you later, guys. – Good night. | -再见 各位 -晚安 |
[41:25] | Good night. See you tomorrow. | 晚安 明天见 |
[41:27] | -All right, guys. All right. -See you later. | -再见 各位 -回见 |
[41:28] | Bones, at any time did you think that | 骨头 你有没有那么一刻 |
[41:30] | the chupacabra was real? | 认为食腥兽是真实存在的 |
[41:33] | No. | 没有 |
[41:34] | Then why did you believe that I saw the yeti in Nepal? | 那你为什么相信我在尼泊尔看到了雪怪 |
[41:38] | Because what I said you saw was totally rational. | 因为我是科学地解释了你看到的东西 |
[41:40] | I never saw it. You see, | 我没看见雪怪 看吧 |
[41:42] | what you did was rationally explain something | 你只是科学的解释了 |
[41:44] | that never happened. | 并没有发生的事 |
[41:46] | You never saw the yeti? | 你没看到雪怪吗 |
[41:48] | Or did I? | 或者看到了 |
[41:50] | No, you didn’t. | 你没有看到 |
[41:52] | But you… | 但是你… |
[41:54] | you did? | 你看到了 |
[41:56] | Are you trying to confuse me? | 你在绕我吗 |
[41:58] | I might be. | 可能吧 |
[41:59] | Okay, what is your point? | 你要说什么 |
[42:01] | That things are confusing, okay? | 事情有时就是说不清楚的 |
[42:02] | Just because you can explain something | 只因你可以解释某些事 |
[42:04] | doesn’t mean that it’s explainable. | 并不说明它具解释力 |
[42:06] | Do you mean “Explicable”? | 你是说”可解释的” |
[42:08] | Sure, like us. | 没错 像我们 |
[42:10] | We don’t make any sense at all. | 我们俩就难以解释 |
[42:13] | – Good night. – Bye! | -晚安 -拜拜 |