时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Testimony continues for the fifth day in the trial | 原足球明星彼得·基德曼一案 |
[00:05] | of former soccer star Peter Kidman. | 庭审第五日继续取证 |
[00:07] | I don’t think Dr. Brennan would like us | 我们边工作边看电视 |
[00:08] | to be watching TV at work. | 布纳恩博士不会喜欢的 |
[00:10] | She’s a juror. She wouldn’t mind. | 她是陪审员 不会介意的 |
[00:12] | We I.D.’d these remains. | 我们确认了这具尸体的身份 |
[00:13] | Cause of death was accidental, | 死因是意外 |
[00:15] | so we have nothing more to do. | 我们基本上无事可做了 |
[00:16] | There’s the bastard. | 那个混蛋出来了 |
[00:17] | Look at how smug he is. | 看他那不可一世的样子 |
[00:19] | Not for long. | 他得意不了多久 |
[00:20] | Brennan will put him away. | 布纳恩会把他送进监狱 |
[00:21] | You got that right. | 你说得没错 |
[00:22] | – Not from what I’ve seen. – I agree with you. | -我看未必 -我同意 |
[00:25] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[00:25] | Kidman was found with the body. | 基德曼就在案发现场 |
[00:26] | The knife was one of his. | 凶刀也属于他 |
[00:27] | And yet there’s not one forensic clue | 但至今都没有法医学上的证据 |
[00:29] | linking him to the crime. | 可以将他与谋杀联系在一起 |
[00:30] | Dr. Brennan needs facts, not suppositions. | 布纳恩博士需要的是证据 而非猜测 |
[00:32] | His wife found out that he was cheating | 他妻子发现他与人有染 |
[00:34] | and threatened to leave him. | 还威胁要离开他 |
[00:35] | And that’s why he killed her. | 所以他杀害了妻子 |
[00:37] | As Dr. B would say, “Not evidence.” | B博士会说 这不是证据 |
[00:39] | Be patient. | 耐心点 各位 |
[00:39] | The prosecution says they got the smoking gun. | 控方声称他们掌握了确凿的证据 |
[00:42] | Then I’ll believe Dr. Brennan will vote to convict | 那我相信只要看到那个罪证 |
[00:44] | when I see that smoke. | 布纳恩博士会投出认定有罪的一票 |
[00:45] | He’s just a rich, entitled athlete | 他只是一个富有的职业运动员 |
[00:47] | who’s always gotten everything he’s always wanted, | 要风得风要雨得雨 |
[00:49] | and now he thinks he can get away with murder. | 如今 他认为自己可以逃脱谋杀的罪名 |
[00:52] | I’m sorry, but Brennan is not gonna let that happen. | 布纳恩绝不会让这样的事情发生 |
[00:55] | Oh, I hate to break up the party, | 我不想扫大家的兴 |
[00:56] | but we got a body coming in. | 不过又有具尸体送来了 |
[00:59] | I’ll get the platform ready. | 我去准备验尸台 |
[01:06] | My brother’s not a murderer. He loved Charlene. | 我哥哥不是杀人犯 他爱莎琳 |
[01:09] | Yet when you were at dinner with Mr. Kidman and Charlene, | 然而在你与基德曼先生和莎琳共进晚餐时 |
[01:14] | they were arguing. | 他们在争吵 |
[01:16] | Charlene walked out of the restaurant, didn’t she? | 莎琳走出了餐厅 对吗 |
[01:19] | Yes. But everyone argues. | 是的 但谁不会吵两句 |
[01:21] | It never ever got physical between them. | 他们从来就没动过手 |
[01:22] | Until she was found stabbed to death | 直到她被人发现身中数刀身亡 |
[01:24] | with one of their kitchen knives. | 凶器还是自家的刀具 |
[01:25] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 有争议 |
[01:27] | Very. Sustained. | 的确 反对有效 |
[01:28] | He called the police right away. | 他立刻打电话报警 |
[01:30] | He called me. | 他打电话给我 |
[01:32] | He called his best friend Frank. | 他还打电话给他最好的朋友弗兰克 |
[01:33] | Would a murderer do that? | 如果他是凶手会这么做吗 |
[01:34] | I’ll ask the questions, Ms. Kidman. | 我问你几个问题 基德曼女士 |
[01:36] | He loved Charlene. | 他爱莎琳 |
[01:37] | He was still holding her when I got there. He was crying. | 我赶到的时候他还抱着她 他在哭 |
[01:40] | No more, Ms. Kidman. | 不要再说了 基德曼女士 |
[01:41] | Just answer the questions. | 你只管回答问题就行了 |
[01:43] | Someone broke in! | 有人闯了进来 |
[01:43] | Even the police said so! | 警察也是这么说的 |
[01:44] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[01:44] | That’s enough, Ms. Kidman! | 够了 基德曼女士 |
[01:46] | When you walked in, your brother | 你进屋的时候 你哥哥 |
[01:49] | was covered in Charlene’s blood, wasn’t he? | 浑身沾满莎琳的血 对吗 |
[01:53] | He was holding her. | 他当时把她抱在怀里 |
[01:54] | Yes or no? | 是或不是 |
[02:06] | Yes. | 是 |
[02:12] | But I know Peter. | 但是我了解彼得 |
[02:13] | And I know, I know he loved Charlene, | 我知道他爱莎琳 |
[02:16] | and he could never kill her! | 所以他绝对不会杀死她 |
[02:24] | I just want to check in at the lab, see if I’m needed. | 我想去实验室看看有没有要我做的工作 |
[02:26] | – I thought Daisy was covering for you. – She is. | -我还以为黛西顶了你的工作 -没错 |
[02:28] | That’s why I want to check in. | 所以我才想回去看看 |
[02:29] | You could take a little break, you know? | 其实你可以休息一下 |
[02:31] | I mean, a trial, a trial is exhausting. | 庭审最累人了 |
[02:35] | I know. That’s why I want something to clear my mind. | 我知道 所以我想回实验室放空大脑 |
[02:37] | – From the murder trial. – Yes. | -不用想着谋杀案庭审 -是的 |
[02:39] | Right. Okay, so you’re gonna go look at a murder victim? | 所以你才打算看看谋杀案的死者 |
[02:42] | Ah, come on. I could give you a massage or something. | 别这样 我可以给你按个摩什么的 |
[02:45] | That something could be nice. | 保证管用的好方法 |
[02:47] | I’ll be home for dinner, I promise. | 我保证一定赶回家吃晚饭 |
[02:49] | – You promise? – Promise. | -你保证 -保证 |
[02:53] | So you think that Kidman’s going down? | 你认为基德曼会坐牢吗 |
[02:55] | You know I’m not allowed to discuss the case. | 我现在不能讨论这个案子 你是知道的 |
[02:57] | I get it. I just hate the guy. Really hate him. | 我知道 我就是非常讨厌这个人 |
[03:00] | Murder is bad enough, but soccer? | 杀人就已经够过分了 他还踢英式足球 |
[03:01] | That’s anti-American. | 这是反美 |
[03:05] | I will definitely take you up on that massage after dinner. | 吃完晚餐我一定会让你给我按摩 |
[03:16] | I hate water bodies. | 我讨厌泡过水的尸体 |
[03:17] | What’s this fabric? | 这是什么布料 |
[03:18] | It’s sticking to the bones. | 都粘在骨头上了 |
[03:19] | Yeah, it’s some kind of synthetic polymer. | 没错 是某种合成聚合物 |
[03:21] | Maybe it’s a jogging suit. | 或许是一件慢跑运动衣 |
[03:22] | No, it’s too heavy-duty. | 不是 这料子太沉了 |
[03:24] | And who who would jog in black socks? | 而且谁会穿黑袜子慢跑 |
[03:26] | It looks like leftovers from a sea critter buffet. | 貌似尸体已经被海洋生物大饱口福了 |
[03:29] | Not much face left. | 面部所剩无几 |
[03:31] | Dr. B! How’s the trial going? | 布纳恩博士 庭审情况如何 |
[03:33] | I can’t discuss the case, as you know. | 你知道我现在不能谈论案子的 |
[03:35] | Can you blink once for guilty? | 有罪的话能眨下眼吗 |
[03:37] | Let’s just focus on the remains, Dr. Hodgins. | 我们还是关注这具尸体吧 哈金斯博士 |
[03:40] | Right. | 好的 |
[03:41] | Pieces of the mandible, | 下颌骨破损 |
[03:42] | maxilla and glabella are missing. | 上颚与眉间部分缺失 |
[03:45] | A facial reconstruction will be virtually impossible. | 面部重建基本无望 |
[03:47] | You don’t have to be here, Dr. Brennan. | 你不用呆在这里 布纳恩 |
[03:49] | Daisy’s got this well in hand. | 黛西处理得不错 |
[03:51] | Thank you, Dr. Saroyan. | 谢谢你 瑟罗博士 |
[03:52] | I really do, don’t I? I mean, I hope I do. | 我做得还不错对吧 我希望自己能做好 |
[03:55] | Not like you, of course, | 当然没办法跟你比 |
[03:56] | but I try. | 但我会尽力 |
[03:57] | If you don’t have the confidence | 若你连胜任这份工作的信心都没有 |
[03:58] | necessary for the job, perhaps I spoke too soon. | 或许我的结论下得为时尚早 |
[04:00] | The length of the long bones and the sternal rib ends | 死者长骨的长度和胸部肋骨端的情况 |
[04:04] | are consistent with a male in his mid-30s. | 与三十多岁的男性基本符合 |
[04:06] | There are indications of blunt-force trauma | 颅骨前部有多处 |
[04:08] | to the front of the skull. | 疑似钝器造成的伤害 |
[04:09] | Well, it could have been the waves | 有可能是海浪将尸体 |
[04:11] | knocking the body against the rocks. | 冲到岩石上造成的伤害 |
[04:12] | Or maybe someone was just trying to make him tough to I.D. | 也许凶手想让尸体难以辨认 |
[04:15] | There’s a fracture of the right seventh rib that appears | 右边第七根肋骨上有一处骨折 |
[04:18] | to be from a gunshot. | 疑似枪伤 |
[04:20] | Based on decomp and partial rigor, | 根据尸体腐烂程度及组织的僵硬程度 |
[04:22] | I’d put time of death between 32 and 36 hours ago. | 我认为死亡时间为32到36小时之前 |
[04:25] | Yeah, hatched trocophores | 是的 已孵化的担轮幼虫 |
[04:27] | confirm that he went into the water about the same time. | 可证实他差不多与此同时下的水 |
[04:30] | The condition of his lung tissue and epiglottis should tell us | 死者肺部组织和会厌部可以告诉我们 |
[04:33] | if he was drowned or already dead when he was thrown in the water. | 他是溺水身亡还是死后被人弃尸水中 |
[04:36] | Beaten, shot, and possibly drowned. | 被人暴打 中枪 还有可能是溺亡 |
[04:38] | This is very interesting. | 这案子真有趣 |
[04:41] | You’ve clearly been bored. | 看来你是被闷坏了 |
[04:44] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[04:46] | Brennan. | 布纳恩 |
[04:50] | Oh, yes. I understand. | 是的 我明白 |
[04:54] | Okay, I’m leaving now. | 好的 我现在就去 |
[04:56] | They need me back in court. | 他们叫我回法庭一趟 |
[04:58] | – Now? Why? – I have no idea. | -现在 为什么 -不知道 |
[05:00] | The marshal said the judge wants to speak to all of us. | 法警说法官有事要见所有陪审员 |
[05:08] | This damn trial is costing me. | 这次庭审害我损失不小 |
[05:09] | I was closing a deal on a new SUV. | 我差点就卖了一辆新越野车 |
[05:11] | That’s a huge commission. | 那可是一大笔佣金啊 |
[05:13] | I was putting my kids to sleep when I got the call. | 我接到电话时正准备哄孩子们睡觉 |
[05:15] | It’s difficult to leave your kids, isn’t it? | 离开孩子们可不容易了吧 |
[05:17] | Oh, God, no. I was thrilled. | 天呐 才不是 我很兴奋 |
[05:19] | Let my lazy-ass husband try to put them to sleep. | 就让我那懒鬼老公哄他们睡觉好了 |
[05:21] | They only call you in after hours | 法庭只会在情况严重时 |
[05:22] | when it’s serious. | 才会在当日庭审后把人都叫回来 |
[05:23] | Like a death threat. | 比如有生命危险 |
[05:24] | Who’s gonna kill us? | 谁要杀我们 |
[05:25] | I’ve been involved in many trials. | 我参与过多次庭审 |
[05:27] | It’s the court’s obligation to protect us. | 保护我们是法庭的职责 |
[05:30] | God will look out for us. | 上帝会眷顾我们的 |
[05:31] | That, of course, is absurd. | 真荒谬 |
[05:33] | We have as much of a chance | 那就和阿波罗或圣诞老人 |
[05:35] | of Apollo or Santa protecting us | 这种虚拟出来的人物 |
[05:38] | as whatever anthropomorphized fantasy figure you revere. | 保护我们的机会差不多 |
[05:41] | I’m putting my faith in a marshal with a gun any day. | 我对随身配枪的法警有信心 |
[05:44] | A .357 Magnum beats | 一发点357的麦格农[子弹] |
[05:46] | a prayer any day, pastor. | 绝对比祷告要管用 牧师 |
[05:48] | Agreed. | 深表赞同 |
[05:48] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[05:50] | Court’s in session. Judge Bruce Cohen is… | 现在开庭 布鲁斯·科恩法官会… |
[05:53] | All right, all right, Jimmy, that’s enough. | 行了行了 吉米 够了 |
[05:55] | Sit down. Let’s get this over with. | 坐下吧 我们速战速决 |
[05:57] | Bad news. Something’s come up | 坏消息 出了些事 |
[05:59] | that could affect your deliberations. | 可能会影响你们的审议 |
[06:01] | I’m sequestering the jury until this case is finished | 我会隔离陪审团 直到案件结束 |
[06:03] | and you’ve delivered your verdict. | 各位做出裁决 |
[06:04] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[06:05] | It could be new evidence or a surprise witness | 可能是新证据 一名新证人 |
[06:09] | or something the press uncovered | 或是媒体揭露的 |
[06:10] | – that could affect… – Excuse me, Juror Three. | -能影响… -请原谅 三号陪审员 |
[06:13] | Are you the judge now? | 你是法官吗 |
[06:15] | – Am I wrong? – No. | -我说错了吗 -没有 |
[06:17] | But putting you in a cheap hotel would be very satisfying for me. | 不过把你安置在廉价旅馆就正合我意 |
[06:20] | That’s it. | 好了 |
[06:21] | The marshal will tell you what you can and can’t watch | 法警会告诉你们什么该看 什么不该看 |
[06:23] | and when you’re allowed to make supervised phone calls. | 以及什么时候可以在监督下打电话 |
[06:25] | Sweet dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[07:05] | With Judge Cohen sequestering during the jury | 科恩法官在备受瞩目的 |
[07:07] | in the high-profile trial | 国际知名球星彼得·基德曼一案 |
[07:09] | of international soccer star Peter Kidman, | 庭审期间隔离陪审团 |
[07:11] | conjecture runs rampant as to the reason | 其隔离原因 |
[07:14] | for locking the jury away. | 引发了诸多猜测 |
[07:15] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[07:16] | Judge Cohen has refused to comment. | 科恩法官拒绝对此发表评论 |
[07:18] | Maybe someone tried to influence the jury. | 也许有人试图影响陪审团 |
[07:20] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我 |
[07:21] | An anonymous source within the courthouse | 据法院内部的匿名人士称 |
[07:23] | suggests that it’s because Christopher Barnes, | 这是因为最重要的辩方证人 |
[07:25] | the most important defense witness, | 克里斯多夫·巴恩斯 |
[07:27] | will be changing sides and testifying for the prosecution. | 将改变立场为控方作证 |
[07:31] | This could be the smoking gun | 这可能是将基德曼缉拿归案 |
[07:33] | – that puts Kidman away. – Oh, my God. | -确凿的证据 -天呐 |
[07:34] | Barnes and Kidman must have had some kind of falling out. | 巴恩斯和基德曼肯定是闹翻了 |
[07:37] | Or maybe he just couldn’t live with himself. | 或许他只是良心不安 |
[07:40] | Or maybe he was having a fling with the sister. | 又或许他跟被告的妹妹有一腿 |
[07:43] | Possible that you are watching this trial more | 比起正义得到伸张 |
[07:45] | as a sexy soap opera than the administration of justice? | 你把这次庭审当成一部色情肥皂剧来看了吧 |
[07:48] | Right. Of course not. Now, what was I thinking? | 好吧 当然不是了 我想什么呢 |
[07:50] | I’m gonna go… | 我得去… |
[07:51] | – Play with your bugs? – Yeah. | -玩你的虫子了吗 -是啊 |
[07:56] | My God, how many more do I have to sign? | 天呐 我还得签多少啊 |
[07:59] | Just a couple more. | 就几份 |
[08:01] | And this is your salary for this week. | 这是你这周的薪水 |
[08:04] | How much longer will this go on? | 这种情况还要持续多久 |
[08:06] | I’m not sure, Dr. Saroyan. | 我不确定 瑟罗博士 |
[08:07] | I am merely appointed by the court | 我只是受法院指派行事 |
[08:09] | until your identity theft is, uh, sorted out. | 直到你的身份盗窃案解决 |
[08:12] | But you’re making sure all my bills are being paid? | 但你确定我所有的账单都付过了 |
[08:14] | Yes. All on time. | 是的 都按时付了 |
[08:17] | This is less than last week. | 这可比上周要少 |
[08:19] | I’m sorry. Another company put a lien on you. | 很抱歉 另一家公司施行了留置权 |
[08:21] | I thought your attorney would’ve told you. | 我以为你的律师告诉过你 |
[08:23] | It’s not me. | 不怪我 |
[08:24] | I know. Thanks. | 我知道了 多谢 |
[08:32] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[08:33] | Court-appointed accountant. | 法庭指定的会计师 |
[08:35] | He gives me an allowance until I get my identity back. | 在我找回身份之前都由他来给我津贴 |
[08:38] | I am essentially a child. | 我现在根本就是个小孩 |
[08:39] | I’m, uh, I’m still working on tracking that person down. | 我还在努力追查那个人 |
[08:43] | I mean, she is still out there spending money, but… | 她还逍遥法外胡乱花钱 但… |
[08:45] | She? | 她 |
[08:46] | Yeah. No guy buys that many shoes. | 是的 男人不会买那么多鞋的 |
[08:49] | Well, I’m glad she’s having a good time, | 很高兴她花得这么痛快 |
[08:50] | ’cause I haven’t lived off this little since college. | 因为我上大学后就几乎没这么窘迫过 |
[08:52] | You know, if you need anything… | 如果你需要任何… |
[08:54] | Maybe I could steal your identity. | 也许我能偷你的身份 |
[08:55] | That’s not a good choice. | 那可不是个好主意 |
[08:56] | Not unless you want more money problems. | 除非你想惹上更多金钱纠纷 |
[09:01] | Ah! I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[09:02] | College was fun. | 大学的时候也不错 |
[09:05] | Do you… do you need me for anything? | 你需要我做什么吗 |
[09:06] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对 对 |
[09:07] | Daisy was wondering when you were coming back. | 黛西想知道你什么时候回去 |
[09:10] | There’s nothing like digging my hands in decomposing flesh | 没有什么事比处理腐尸 |
[09:13] | to get my mind off my troubles. | 更能帮我忘却烦恼了 |
[09:22] | I was applying the maceration agent | 我一发现这个 |
[09:24] | to loosen the tissue when I noticed this: | 就用了浸渍剂来松弛组织 |
[09:28] | a bullet lodged in the gluteus medius. | 一颗嵌在臀中肌的子弹 |
[09:31] | I see it. | 我看到了 |
[09:37] | Looks like a .38, | 看起来像是颗点38 |
[09:39] | but ballistics will confirm. | 弹道学检测会证实 |
[09:41] | That makes two gunshot wounds. | 它造成两处枪伤 |
[09:43] | The first wound to the rib was clearly superficial. | 第一处肋骨的伤显然只在表层 |
[09:45] | And this bullet was not in the proximity of any major- | 而这颗子弹没有打中附近任何一条主动脉 |
[09:48] | or medium-sized arteries. | 或中型动脉 |
[09:49] | Neither wound was cause of death. | 这两处枪伤都不是死因 |
[09:51] | And the trauma to the epiglottis | 而且会厌的创伤 |
[09:52] | along with some water in the lungs | 以及肺部里的水 |
[09:54] | suggests the victim was alive before submersion. | 证明死者在遇溺前还活着 |
[09:56] | I’m declaring that this victim was shot twice, | 我断言 死者中了两枪 |
[09:59] | then tried to escape his murderer by swimming away. | 之后意图游泳摆脱凶手 |
[10:02] | That was me owning my position | 我顶尖人类学家的地位 |
[10:04] | as top dog forensic anthropologist. | 是实至名归的 |
[10:07] | Too much? | 是不是太夸张了 |
[10:08] | Be tough to swim wrapped up in something like this. | 被这种东西捆住可不好游泳啊 |
[10:11] | I was actually just thinking out loud. | 我只是瞎猜 |
[10:14] | I mean, that can’t really be called “declaring.” | 不一定真的是在”断言”啦 |
[10:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:21] | Her therapist testified that the victim, Charlene Kidman, | 她的心理医生证实受害者莎琳·基德曼 |
[10:25] | was afraid to ask her husband for a divorce. | 害怕向她丈夫提出离婚 |
[10:28] | Two voice mails from Charlene Kidman to her husband say | 在莎琳·基德曼给丈夫的两条留言里 |
[10:31] | how happy she is that they have put the bad times behind them | 她说她很高兴他们夫妻能克服困难 |
[10:34] | and are moving forward to what she called | 也正迈向她所说的 |
[10:36] | “the next loving step” in their marriage. | 婚姻中的”下一个恩爱阶段” |
[10:39] | The only other fingerprints | 除了受害者 |
[10:41] | found at the scene belonged to the defendant. | 在现场只发现了被告的指纹 |
[10:44] | Because Peter Kidman lived at the house. | 彼得·基德曼住在那里 |
[10:46] | Of course his fingerprints would be there, | 房子里当然有他的指纹 |
[10:47] | so would Charlene’s. | 当然也有莎琳的 |
[10:48] | Does that mean she killed herself? | 难道她是自杀吗 |
[10:50] | Why would a burglar kill someone with a knife owned by the victim | 窃贼怎么会用死者家的刀杀了她 |
[10:54] | and then leave without stealing anything but the knife? | 但除了凶刀什么都没偷就离开 |
[10:57] | The thief thought that he had the house to himself. | 小偷以为屋里没人 |
[10:59] | Charlene Kidman arrived home early from the restaurant, | 莎琳·基德曼提早从餐厅回了家 |
[11:01] | the thief panicked, grabbed the nearest weapon, | 他慌了 随手拿起最近的武器 |
[11:04] | a kitchen knife, stabbed the victim. | 那把菜刀 捅了死者 |
[11:06] | He then fled, taking the knife with him | 接着他拿着刀逃跑了 |
[11:08] | in order to hide the evidence. | 以此来隐藏证据 |
[11:09] | Peter Kidman… | 彼得·基德曼 |
[11:10] | threatened his wife in public, | 当众威胁他的妻子 |
[11:12] | saying in front of multiple witnesses | 在众目睽睽之下声称 |
[11:14] | that if she ever, ever left him, | 如果她胆敢离开他 |
[11:17] | he would kill her and then himself. | 他会杀了她 然后自杀 |
[11:19] | These are the melodramatic statements | 这些都是一位深爱妻子的男人 |
[11:21] | of a passionate man in love, | 夸张的语句 |
[11:23] | who fears what we all fear — | 他和我们大家有相同的恐惧 |
[11:26] | being left by the one we love. | 那就是被爱的人所抛弃 |
[11:28] | Every one of you has said something similar. | 你们每一位都说过类似的话 |
[11:30] | I haven’t. | 我没说过 |
[11:31] | Your Honor? | 法官大人 |
[11:32] | – I haven’t. – Juror number three, | -我确实没有 -第三号陪审员 |
[11:34] | what you have experienced is not currently of interest. | 你的经历和此案无关 |
[11:37] | Well, he said it right to me. | 可是他是对着我说的 |
[11:38] | I mean, he pointed. | 他指着我了 |
[11:40] | – Your Honor! – Juror number three, | -法官大人 -第三号陪审员 |
[11:41] | will you please allow Mr. Zand to finish his summation? | 你能让赞德先生完成他的结案陈词吗 |
[11:44] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:50] | Beyond a reasonable doubt. | 基于要排除合理怀疑 |
[11:52] | I think when you retire to the jury room, | 我想各位回到陪审团休息室后 |
[11:54] | you will find that the prosecution has failed | 会认定原告没能 |
[11:56] | to fulfill that mandate, | 做到这一点 |
[11:57] | and as such, you will be compelled to do the right thing. | 同样地 你们只能做出正确的选择 |
[12:01] | Which is to send this man home | 那就是让这位男人回家 |
[12:03] | so that he can begin to rebuild the pieces of his shattered life. | 让他有机会开始重建他破碎的生活 |
[12:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[12:08] | Half an hour break, | 休息半小时 |
[12:09] | then we’ll return for instructions to the jury. | 之后我们回来听给陪审团的指示 |
[12:20] | Trial’s over. | 庭审结束了 |
[12:21] | – That’s good. – Yeah. | -那不是挺好 -对 |
[12:22] | Apparently one of the jurors | 据说有位陪审员 |
[12:24] | argued with the defense attorney | 在辩方律师结案陈词的时候 |
[12:26] | during his summation. | 与他言语不和 |
[12:27] | Sure it wasn’t Bones. | 一定不是骨头 |
[12:28] | Hey, listen, on this new murder, | 有件新的凶杀案 |
[12:29] | I got this guy in interrogation. | 我要审讯一个人 |
[12:31] | You want to sit in? | 你要一起来吗 |
[12:32] | – Who is it? – Ah, it’s this fisherman | -审讯谁 -他是位渔夫 |
[12:34] | who got popped by the, uh, | 从船上把毒品扔下海 |
[12:35] | coast guard for throwing drugs overboard. | 被海岸警卫队拘押了 |
[12:37] | What’s he have to do with the murder case? | 他和凶杀案有什么关联 |
[12:38] | Oh, the beach, uh, where he dumped the drugs | 他扔毒品的那个海滩 |
[12:41] | is the same exact spot where the victim’s body was found. | 正是发现死者的地方 |
[12:44] | Like I told the DEA, | 我跟缉毒局的人说过了 |
[12:46] | I didn’t know I was delivering drugs. | 我根本不知道我运送的是毒品 |
[12:47] | I just delivered a package. | 我只是运送了一个包裹 |
[12:49] | – Fishing not paying too well these days? – Seriously? | -如今捕鱼不赚钱吗 -你在开玩笑吗 |
[12:51] | Look, so somebody offers you $1,000 | 有人给你1000美元 |
[12:53] | to drop off a package on the beach | 叫你把一个包裹扔到海边 |
[12:55] | and you don’t find that suspicious? | 你就一点不觉得可疑吗 |
[12:57] | I didn’t ask, okay? | 我什么也没问 好吧 |
[12:59] | I’m here cooperating with you, aren’t I? | 我现在不正协助你们吗 |
[13:01] | I made a mistake. | 我犯错了 |
[13:02] | When you made the delivery, did you do it by yourself? | 你自己一人去送包裹的吗 |
[13:05] | Yeah, it seems like a two-person job. | 是啊 貌似需要两个人才能完成 |
[13:06] | You go in as close as you can to the beach, | 离海边越近越好 |
[13:08] | you toss a package overboard. | 然后把包裹扔掉 |
[13:10] | – Why would I need help? – I don’t know. | -怎么会需要帮助呢 -不清楚 |
[13:11] | One person to drive the boat, | 或许一人开船 |
[13:12] | one person to look for the signal on the beach, | 一人等待来自海滩上的讯号 |
[13:14] | toss the drugs, right? | 好扔毒品 是吧 |
[13:15] | Can you explain the, uh, | 你能解释一下 |
[13:16] | bloody baseball bat that was found | 你渔船上找到的血淋林的棒球棍 |
[13:18] | on your fishing boat? | 是怎么回事吗 |
[13:19] | I use the bat to kill fish. | 和其他人一样 |
[13:20] | Like everybody else. | 我用棒球棍杀鱼 |
[13:22] | – What’s going on? – A body was washed up | -到底发生什么事了 -你被逮捕后 |
[13:24] | on the beach the morning after you were arrested. | 第二天一早有具尸体被冲上了岸 |
[13:26] | We think it was your partner. | 我们认为那人是你的搭档 |
[13:27] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀害任何人 |
[13:28] | Test that blood in my boat. | 去检验我船上的血液啊 |
[13:30] | It’s fish blood — | 那是鱼血 |
[13:31] | that’s gotta be different than human, right? | 和人血肯定不一样 是吧 |
[13:33] | You seem worried, Ed. | 你好像很焦虑啊 埃德 |
[13:34] | Funny how that happens when you’re accused of murder. | 被指控为杀人犯能不焦虑吗 |
[13:36] | Uh uh, I’m-I’m thinking maybe he’s getting second thoughts | 我觉得也许他是 |
[13:38] | about splitting the money | 不想和他的搭档 |
[13:39] | with his partner, so what does he do? | 分钱了 于是他怎么做的 |
[13:41] | He bashes him in the face with the baseball bat, | 他用棒球棍重击搭档的脸 |
[13:42] | he wraps him in a tarp and he dumps him overboard. | 用油布把他裹起来 然后扔到海里 |
[13:45] | No, no, no. I-I-I had the drugs, I admit that. | 不 不对 我承认我当时带着毒品 |
[13:48] | But murder? | 但是杀人 |
[13:50] | You got to believe I didn’t kill no one. | 你们一定要相信我没有杀人 |
[13:53] | Actually we don’t, Ed. | 但是我们不相信你 埃德 |
[13:59] | The lipping on the ilia | 髂骨的唇状突出 |
[14:00] | and bony projections on the auricular surfaces | 还有耳状面上的骨突 |
[14:03] | indicate the victim engaged in a vigorous, | 都表示受害者经常参与 |
[14:05] | repetitive activity such as horseback or motorcycle riding. | 骑马或骑摩托车等活动 |
[14:09] | Is this going to help us to I.D. him? | 这能帮助我们找到他的身份吗 |
[14:11] | Is this a test? It should help. | 你在试探我吗 应该是有助的 |
[14:13] | Why wouldn’t it? I wasn’t asking the question. | 怎么会没有帮助 我并不是真的在问你 |
[14:15] | I was telling you that it will help. | 我只是告诉你这一点对我们有帮助 |
[14:17] | Do you have anything more, Ms. Wick? | 维克小姐 还有什么其他发现吗 |
[14:19] | This discoloration on the femur | 股骨的变色 |
[14:22] | is the result of a bone graft. | 是骨移植物导致的 |
[14:24] | Approximately two years old. | 大约有两年了 |
[14:26] | So, if we extract the donor’s DNA from the graft, | 如果我们从移植物中提取捐赠者的DNA |
[14:29] | we can trace where the operation took place. | 我们就能查到这个手术是哪做的 |
[14:31] | And that’ll give us the identity of the victim. | 然后就能确认遇害者的身份了 |
[14:34] | I wish it were that easy for you. | 希望你一切顺利 |
[14:37] | So do I. | 但愿如此 |
[14:38] | My friend had her identity stolen, too. | 我有个朋友也被盗用了身份 |
[14:40] | So I just want you to know I understand how difficult it is. | 所以我理解你的处境有多麻烦 |
[14:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:44] | She lost her house and her car, | 她失去了房子和车 |
[14:47] | had to move in with her mom, | 只好搬去跟她妈妈一起住 |
[14:48] | and they never got along. | 她们还一直相处不太融洽 |
[14:49] | Yeah, I’m going to be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[14:50] | I’m just saying– | 我是想说 |
[14:51] | I have a fold-out couch. | 我有一张折叠式沙发 |
[14:53] | It might be awkward because you’re my boss, | 你是我上司所以这可能有点囧 |
[14:55] | but since I’m leading the anthropological side of things now, | 但既然我现在是人类学方面负责人 |
[14:59] | we’re kind of equals. | 我们差不多算是平级 |
[15:00] | Except that I’m your boss. | 除了我是你上司 |
[15:02] | But you are happy with my work, aren’t you? | 但你对我的工作还算满意吧 |
[15:04] | Uh, not that I’m insecure. | 不是我不自信 |
[15:05] | You don’t have to answer. | 你不必回答 |
[15:07] | Approbation not required. | 我不是非得到赞许不可 |
[15:08] | This is very, very good work, Ms. Wick. | 你做的很好非常好 维克小姐 |
[15:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:12] | But I didn’t need that. | 但我不需要赞许 |
[15:15] | Sure. | 当然 |
[15:20] | Let’s vote. | 开始表决吧 |
[15:21] | – Get this thing over with. – I’m ready. | -赶快完事 -我准备好了 |
[15:23] | We can either do this with a show of hands | 我们可以通过举手 |
[15:25] | or a paper ballot, but first… | 或写在纸上表决 但首先 |
[15:27] | You’re very bossy. | 你真爱发号施令 |
[15:28] | I’m the foreperson. | 我才是首席陪审员 |
[15:29] | I’m the only one who can call for a vote. | 只有我能发起表决 |
[15:31] | Why did we pick Gidget to be the foreman? | 为什么要选个”侏儒女”作首席陪审员 |
[15:33] | What’s Gidget? Is that some sort of insult? | 什么是”侏儒女” 你在侮辱我吗 |
[15:35] | She’s the only other person that volunteered for the job. | 只有她是另一位自愿担任这一职位的 |
[15:37] | And the most qualified. | 也是最具资格的 |
[15:38] | She’s obviously not the kind of person who brings people together. | 她明显不是那种能让大家协调一致的人 |
[15:41] | She brings discord, and you… | 她带来分歧 而你 |
[15:43] | you bring harmony. | 你带来和谐 |
[15:44] | Let’s move this thing along. | 赶快开始吧 |
[15:47] | Take a vote, see where we stand. | 表决一次 看看各自的立场 |
[15:49] | I could die soon. | 我快要死在这了 |
[15:50] | Raise your hand if you think Peter Kidman killed his wife. | 认为彼得·基德曼杀害了他妻子的请举手 |
[15:55] | So we’re in agreement. | 我们达成共识了 |
[15:57] | – He’s guilty. – No, no. | -他有罪 -不不 |
[15:58] | I can’t vote guilty. | 我不能投他有罪 |
[16:00] | – But you think he did it. – I do think that, | -但你认为是他做的 -确实如此 |
[16:02] | and that is what you asked. | 这是回答你的提问 |
[16:03] | But what I think doesn’t matter. | 但我怎么认为并不重要 |
[16:05] | What matters is whether or not the prosecution proved, | 重要是控方除了合理质疑外 |
[16:08] | beyond a reasonable doubt, that Peter Kidman murdered his wife. | 能否证明彼得·基德曼谋杀妻子 |
[16:11] | They did not. | 他们缺乏证据 |
[16:12] | You got that? Reasonable doubt? | 你有合理质疑吗 |
[16:14] | – Yes, I do. – Beautiful. | -是的 我有 -漂亮 |
[16:15] | The American justice system in action. | 美国公正体制就该如此 |
[16:17] | I’m missing all my shows. | 我要错过所有的节目了 |
[16:20] | – What do we do now? – We discuss. | -我们现在做什么 -讨论 |
[16:22] | Can I ask? | 我能问下吗 |
[16:23] | Why are you only known by a number and not your name? | 为什么你只有个号码而非姓名 |
[16:26] | Nobody knows my name, nobody comes gunning for me after. | 没人知我姓名 没人持枪报复 |
[16:29] | Nobody knows anything about me. | 没人知道我的任何信息 |
[16:32] | Well… | 我可不这么想 |
[16:32] | from bone spurs and compromised movement, | 根据骨刺和言行举止 |
[16:36] | I know that you worked in data entry for a number of years. | 我推断你从事数据登记工作多年 |
[16:38] | From your dialect, | 根据你的口音 |
[16:39] | I know you grew up in the Florida Panhandle | 我推断你在佛罗里达州的潘汉德尔长大 |
[16:41] | and then moved to Texas. | 然后搬去了德克萨斯州 |
[16:42] | I know that you fractured your left ulna | 你的左尺骨几年前骨折过 |
[16:45] | a couple of years ago and it was set poorly. | 而且固定的不怎么样 |
[16:47] | Is that all true? | 这都是真的吗 |
[16:48] | Why don’t we just let her decide? | 为什么不干脆就让她决定呢 |
[16:51] | Definitely not. | 绝对不行 |
[16:52] | We can’t be impatient with a man’s life. | 我们不能对一个人的人生不耐烦 |
[16:54] | This is going to take a while. | 这将要花上一段时间 |
[16:56] | Fine with me. | 我没意见 |
[17:01] | So, the fabric the victim was wrapped in | 包裹受害者的布料 |
[17:03] | doesn’t match the tarps on the fisherman’s boats. | 跟渔夫船上的油布并不匹配 |
[17:06] | Victim was wrapped in polyester coated in urethane. | 受害者被包在包覆了聚氨酯的聚酯中 |
[17:08] | The fisherman’s traps are 18-ounce coated vinyl. | 渔夫带着的是18盎司的乙烯基 |
[17:12] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[17:13] | Well, it’s not that shocking. | 也没那么让人震惊 |
[17:15] | The victim’s bone graft | 受害者的骨移植物 |
[17:16] | came from a cadaver donor at Lang Memorial in Maryland. | 来自马里兰朗奥纪念馆的一名遗体捐赠者 |
[17:19] | So you have an I.D. of the victim? | 你查到受害者的身份了吗 |
[17:21] | – Christopher Barnes. – Wait a minute. | -克里斯多夫·巴恩斯 -等下 |
[17:24] | The witness at Brennan’s trial who never showed up? | 布纳恩那场庭审中一直没露面的证人吗 |
[17:27] | Now we know why. | 现在知道为什么没露面了 |
[17:35] | They can’t stop the trial, Angela. | 他们不能终止庭审 安琪拉 |
[17:37] | Yeah, but the prosecutor said | 没错 但控方说 |
[17:38] | Barnes was going to testify against Kidman. | 巴恩斯正要指证基德曼 |
[17:40] | Barnes saw him with a knife, and he was going to say | 巴恩斯看到他拿着刀 而且他还要说出 |
[17:43] | that Kidman told him that he did it. | 基德曼告诉他是他做的 |
[17:45] | I know, but he can’t testify now, can he? | 我知道 但他现在做不了证吧 |
[17:47] | No, because he was murdered. | 不能了 因为他被谋杀了 |
[17:49] | – Probably by Kidman. – Kidman has an alibi. | -可能就是基德曼杀的 -基德曼有不在场证明 |
[17:51] | Whose side are you on? | 你是哪边的 |
[17:52] | Look, it doesn’t matter what I think or what you think. | 听着 你和我怎么想不重要 |
[17:55] | The fact is, this murder may have nothing to do with this case at all. | 事实是这起谋杀案也许和这次庭审毫无关联 |
[17:59] | – You really believe that? – No. | -你真这么想 -不是 |
[18:00] | But this is how things are done. | 但事情就是如此 |
[18:01] | Is it fair that the police won’t | 警察不找 |
[18:02] | look for the person who stole my identity? | 偷我身份的人公平吗 |
[18:04] | – That just sucks. – And this sucks, too. | -太操蛋了 -这事也一样 |
[18:07] | The judge can’t do anything unless he’s got | 法官做不了什么 除非他能找到 |
[18:09] | hard and fast evidence | 强而有力的证据把基德曼 |
[18:10] | tying Kidman to the murder. | 和这起谋杀案联系起来 |
[18:12] | He could tell the jurors why Barnes can’t testify. | 他可以告知陪审团为什么巴恩斯无法作证 |
[18:15] | That would prejudice them, | 这会让他们持有偏见 |
[18:16] | and the defense would get a mistrial. | 辩方可以让审判无效 |
[18:17] | – Justice is so… – Unjust? | -公正是如此的 -不公吗 |
[18:22] | Yes, there was evidence of a break-in. | 是的 有证据显示非法闯入 |
[18:24] | Couldn’t Mr. Kidman | 有可能是基德曼先生 |
[18:26] | have staged the break-in himself? | 自己筹划的吗 |
[18:27] | Of course. | 当然有可能 |
[18:28] | But we found no evidence of that. | 但我们没发现相关证据 |
[18:30] | Christopher Barnes, who lived in Kidman’s guest house, | 住在基德曼的客房的克里斯多夫·巴恩斯 |
[18:33] | told us he heard glass breaking | 说他在辩方回家之前听到了 |
[18:34] | before the time we know the defendant returned home. | 玻璃破碎的声音 |
[18:37] | Why didn’t we hear from Barnes? | 为什么我们没看到巴恩斯作证 |
[18:38] | Not relevant. | 这不重要 |
[18:39] | – So very smart. – Relevant to me. | -明智至极 -对我很重要 |
[18:41] | We are not supposed to speculate. | 我们不应该推测 |
[18:42] | We are charged with delivering a verdict based on evidence. | 我们承担着根据证据做出裁决的责任 |
[18:45] | So you don’t think he did it? | 那么你认为不是他做的吗 |
[18:47] | Again, not relevant. | 再说一次 这不重要 |
[18:48] | Because if he did it, | 因为如果是他做的 |
[18:49] | God says he will suffer for all eternity anyway. | 上帝将让他万劫不复 |
[18:52] | No, because there isn’t sufficient evidence. | 不 那是因为没有足够的证据 |
[18:54] | I don’t think any of us, if we were innocent of a crime, | 我不认为我们中任何一个无罪的人 |
[18:57] | would want a jury to speculate | 会希望陪审团推断 |
[19:00] | on why a witness did or did not choose to testify. | 证人是否来作证的原因 |
[19:03] | Especially if that speculation led to our imprisonment. | 尤其是那个推测会导致我们被监禁 |
[19:07] | Well, I think he did it. | 我觉得就是他做的 |
[19:07] | I mean, just look at his face. | 我是说 看他的那张嘴脸 |
[19:09] | Look at yours. | 看看你的嘴脸 |
[19:11] | The know-it-all’s right– no evidence. | 没有证据 |
[19:13] | It could have been the wife’s fault. | 也有可能是妻子的错 |
[19:14] | Oh, now we’re blaming the victim? | 现在我们竟然开始责怪死者了 |
[19:15] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[19:17] | Maybe she was sleeping around | 也许她处处留情 |
[19:20] | and someone else got jealous and killed her. | 有人吃醋了就杀了她 |
[19:22] | Ooh, electric love. | 刺激的爱情 |
[19:23] | Passion of hearts stabbed with jealous rage. | 妒火中烧让人深深的受了伤 |
[19:26] | *The rage of love, love, love… * | *狂暴的爱 爱 爱* |
[19:29] | – You hear me? – You try to make a song | -听到了吗 -你如果 |
[19:30] | out of this case one more time, | 再敢唱与本案无关的歌 |
[19:31] | and I will stab you in the eye with my pencil. | 我会用铅笔戳瞎你眼睛的 |
[19:33] | I thought we had a connection. | 我觉得我们挺来电的 |
[19:35] | Of course you did. | 你还真是自恋 |
[19:36] | Can we take another vote? | 我们能继续投票了吗 |
[19:37] | First, I would like all of us | 首先 我希望所有人 |
[19:39] | to review the evidence on which we will be voting. | 回顾一下我们要进行投票的证据 |
[19:41] | I’m sure you would, | 你当然这么想了 |
[19:42] | but I’m the foreperson and I say we vote. | 但我是主席 我决定开始投票 |
[19:45] | I really should have been elected foreperson. | 我当时真该竞选主席 |
[19:47] | – I know. – All those who still vote guilty, | -没错 -支持有罪的人 |
[19:49] | raise your hand. | 举手 |
[19:51] | Okay, so just two people | 好 看起来就两个人 |
[19:53] | are refusing to follow the judge’s instructions. | 在违反法官的指令 |
[19:56] | Outliers! | 局外人 |
[19:58] | That’s not a song, just a title. | 这可不是歌 只是个歌名 |
[19:59] | I would like to examine,one more time, | 我想再一次的调查你们 |
[20:01] | why the two of you feel that it is ethical | 为什么会觉得根据这么不充分的证据 |
[20:04] | to convict on such scant evidence. | 来定罪是道德的 |
[20:06] | Just wake me when she’s done. | 她完事了叫醒我 |
[20:10] | Is this really necessary right now? | 就非要这样不可吗 |
[20:12] | My client is still mourning his wife, | 我的委托人还在悼念他的妻子 |
[20:13] | and he just found out his best friend died. | 而且他刚发现他的好朋友去世 |
[20:15] | No, Barnes was murdered. | 不 巴恩斯是被谋杀的 |
[20:16] | Is that supposed to cheer me up? | 我应该感到欣慰吗 |
[20:17] | Look, the prosecutor said that Barnes was getting ready | 公诉人说巴恩斯已经准备好了 |
[20:19] | to testify against you. | 在法庭上做不利于你的证词 |
[20:21] | What’s with the FBI shrink? Think I’m going to freak out? | 联调局心理医生在这以为我会崩溃吗 |
[20:24] | I’ll handle this, Peter. | 彼得 交给我来处理 |
[20:24] | Christopher Barnes’s testimony could have put | 克里斯多夫·巴恩斯的证据 |
[20:26] | your client in jail for life. | 可以让你的委托人被终身监禁 |
[20:28] | Chris would have taken the stand, | 克里斯本该站在证人席上 |
[20:29] | – he would have been on my side. – Your side? | -给我作证的 -给你作证 |
[20:31] | That’s an interesting choice of words. | 这可是个有意思的说法 |
[20:33] | I mean, most people would have said | 我是说 绝大部分人会说 |
[20:34] | that he’d testify that you were innocent. | 他会证明你是清白的 |
[20:35] | Look, you put him up in your guest house, | 你让他住进你的客房 |
[20:37] | didn’t you, paid his bills? | 不是吗 支付他的账单 |
[20:38] | Which means Mr. Barnes might have felt | 这说明巴恩斯先生也许会觉得 |
[20:40] | obligated to lie for you, at least initially. | 自己应该为你撒谎 至少开始是的 |
[20:43] | My client and Chris were close friends. | 我的委托人和克里斯是很亲近的朋友 |
[20:45] | After the accident, Mr. Kidman took care of him. | 意外发生后 基德曼先生照顾他 |
[20:48] | It’s not a crime to be a decent person. | 做个好人可不违法吧 |
[20:50] | He’s definitely not being accused of that. | 他当然不是因为这个被告的 |
[20:51] | Chris and I rode motorcycles together every weekend. | 我和克里斯每周末都一起骑摩托 |
[20:54] | One day, we both go down, I dislocate my hip, | 一次我们摔倒了 我的髋关节脱臼了 |
[20:57] | he fractures his femur pretty bad. | 他的大腿骨骨折得相当厉害 |
[20:59] | Would have bled out if I wasn’t there. | 如果不是我在那他早就流血身亡了 |
[21:00] | He saved his friend’s life, so… | 他救了他的朋友一命 所以 |
[21:02] | he’s certainly not going to kill him now. | 他肯定不会再去杀他 |
[21:03] | Well, unless Barnes felt betrayed by Chris, | 除非巴恩斯觉得自己为克里斯做了这么多 |
[21:06] | after all he’d done for him, right? | 却被他背叛了 对吗 |
[21:08] | I’m afraid it’s not that simple. | 我恐怕没有那么简单 |
[21:09] | Mr. Kidman has been home every night during the trial, | 在审判期间 基德曼先生每晚都在家 |
[21:12] | which makes it impossible for him to be at the murder scene. | 所以他根本不可能出现在谋杀现场 |
[21:14] | Right, and I’m sure you have proof of that, right? | 我相信你还有证据证明 对吧 |
[21:16] | Well, the press have been camped outside | 媒体已经在基德曼先生的住宅外 |
[21:18] | Mr. Kidman’s house for weeks. | 蹲守了好几周了 |
[21:20] | Yeah, ask any one of those vultures. | 随便问谁都行 |
[21:22] | They take a picture if a leaf rustles. | 他们会拍下任何的风吹草动 |
[21:23] | They’ll tell you– I never left the house. | 他们就会告诉你 我从没离开过家 |
[21:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:32] | You just don’t want to go home to your rotten kids. | 你就是不想回家见你那些讨厌的孩子 |
[21:36] | Brennan here has already pointed out that the police | 布纳恩已经指出了 |
[21:38] | didn’t rule out a break-in. | 警察并未排除入室抢劫 |
[21:39] | Dr. Brennan. | 是布纳恩博士 |
[21:40] | They didn’t rule it in, either. | 他们也没证实就是入室抢劫 |
[21:42] | Barnes gave a statement | 巴恩斯给了警察一份声明 |
[21:43] | to police saying that he heard glass breaking | 说他在基德曼回家前听见玻璃被打碎的声 |
[21:46] | before Kidman got home, which bolsters the break-in theory. | 这证实了入室抢劫的说法 |
[21:49] | So why wasn’t he here to tell us himself? | 那为什么他自己没来这告诉我们呢 |
[21:52] | – It doesn’t matter, right? – Right. | -这不重要 对吗 -没错 |
[21:53] | We have to assume that Kidman is innocent | 我们得假设基德曼是无辜的 |
[21:55] | unless we have enough proof that he isn’t. | 除非我们有足够的证据证明他有罪 |
[21:56] | The doctor’s right. They never found the knife. | 博士说得没错 他们根本没找到刀子 |
[21:59] | How could he have gotten rid of it | 他若是一直和尸体在一起 |
[22:00] | when he was with the body the whole time? | 那他又如何扔掉刀子的呢 |
[22:13] | Chemical analysis shows that the fabric | 化学分析显示 |
[22:16] | on the remains was a melt-blown polypropylene. | 残留物纤维是喷熔处理的聚丙烯 |
[22:19] | – Not clothing? – No, it’s a fabric | -不是衣服 -不 那是一种 |
[22:21] | used to provide dust protection on things like car covers. | 盖在上面防灰尘的东西 像是车衣 |
[22:24] | So the killer wrapped Barnes in a car cover? | 那么说凶手把巴恩斯包在一个车衣里 |
[22:26] | Well, I couldn’t narrow down | 我无法具体到 |
[22:27] | the specific vehicle, but I did find this. | 明确的车型 但我找到了这个 |
[22:30] | Ginkgo biloba pollen spores | 银杏花粉和叶片的残留物 |
[22:32] | and leaf remnants, uncommon to the area. | 在这地区可不常见 |
[22:34] | So it might help us determine where the killer came from. | 那这有助于我们推断出凶手从哪来 |
[22:37] | Sorry, can I help you with something? | 抱歉 有什么事情吗 |
[22:39] | Oh, I came to bring you this. | 我是来给你这个的 |
[22:40] | It’s bone marrow I extracted | 这是我在巴恩斯的髂嵴里 |
[22:41] | from Barnes’ iliac crest. | 提取出来的骨髓 |
[22:43] | Dr. Brennan will be so impressed. | 布纳恩博士会非常惊讶的 |
[22:45] | The diatoms could tell us | 硅藻类可以告诉我们 |
[22:47] | in what part of the ocean he was dumped. | 他被扔在了哪片海域 |
[22:49] | I’m impressed, too. | 我也非常惊讶 |
[22:50] | I can so rock this job. | 我太适合这个工作了 |
[22:54] | Look, we miss you, Bones, okay? | 骨头 我们很想你 |
[22:56] | This is the longest we’ve been apart in a long time. | 这么长时间来我们第一次分别这么久 |
[22:58] | I know. Our honeymoon was far more enjoyable than jury duty. | 没错 我们的蜜月比当陪审员有趣多了 |
[23:03] | Imagine that. | 可不是嘛 |
[23:04] | How’s Christine? | 克里斯汀怎么样 |
[23:05] | Christine is great, okay? | 克里斯汀很好 |
[23:07] | She misses you. She even kissed your picture | 她也很想你 她甚至在睡前 |
[23:08] | before she went to bed. | 亲了你的照片 |
[23:10] | – Tell her how much I love her. – I tell her all the time. | -告诉她我爱她 -我一直在告诉她 |
[23:12] | – So, how are you holding up? – The other jurors | -你那边怎么样 -其他陪审 |
[23:14] | – seem to think that I’m bossy. – Well, you’re brilliant. | -好像觉得我太专横了 -你太聪明了 |
[23:16] | Okay? They’re probably intimidated. | 他们可能有危机感了 |
[23:18] | I imagine, but I believe the justice system must be respected. | 我想是吧 但我认为必须尊重正义体系 |
[23:21] | That can only happen | 那只能基于 |
[23:22] | through thoughtful deliberation, not emotionalism. | 深思熟虑 而非情感主义来进行裁决 |
[23:24] | Please don’t discuss the case. | 请不要讨论案件 |
[23:26] | – Who’s that? – The marshal. | -那是谁的声音 -是法警 |
[23:28] | I can’t discuss what’s happening here. | 我不能说起这里发生的事 |
[23:30] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[23:31] | How’s your case coming along? | 你的案子如何 |
[23:34] | I-I can’t talk about that. | 我…我不能说 |
[23:35] | Yes, you can. It’s just this case we can’t discuss. | 可以的 我们不能讨论的只有这起案子 |
[23:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:43] | Time’s up. | 时间到了 |
[23:44] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[23:45] | Um, I’ll see you soon. | 晚点见 |
[23:47] | I love you, Booth. | 我爱你 布斯 |
[23:48] | Yeah, I’ll see you soon. | 好吧 回头见 |
[23:48] | I love you, too, Bones. | 我也爱你 骨头 |
[23:59] | Uh, according to Hodgins, | 根据哈金斯的说法 |
[24:01] | the chemical breakdown of the pesticide on the car cover | 对车身上杀虫剂进行化学分解 |
[24:04] | indicates that the car was sprayed | 表明这辆车是在八九天之前 |
[24:06] | in the last eight or nine days. | 被喷上药的 |
[24:07] | I’m still waiting for D.O.T. to turn over a spraying schedule | 我还在等交管局发来喷洒的日程表 |
[24:10] | so we can figure out what areas were targeting then. | 这样就能知道我们的目标范围是哪里 |
[24:13] | Hey! Verdict came in. It’s on the news. | 判决出来了 新闻正在播 |
[24:14] | I knew it. I hate it, but I knew it. | 我知道 我不喜欢这事 但我知道 |
[24:17] | After three days of deliberation, the not-guilty verdict | 经过了三天的审议 今天早上 |
[24:21] | was returned this morning. | 陪审团发回了无罪判决 |
[24:23] | Barnes has been a longtime friend to Kidman. | 巴恩斯是基德曼的一个多年的朋友 |
[24:25] | – I can’t believe it. – What else could they do? | -我真不敢相信 -不然他们还能怎样 |
[24:27] | Without Barnes there was reasonable doubt. | 没有巴恩斯在 案子就存在合理疑点 |
[24:29] | But you know he did it. | 但你知道是他干的 |
[24:31] | I mean, everybody knows he did it. | 我是说 每个人都知道是他干的 |
[24:32] | – It’s okay, Angie. – No, it’s not! | -没事的 安吉 -不 有事 |
[24:34] | It-it’s like O.J. all over again. | 就像辛普森杀妻案重演了 |
[24:37] | How did Brennan let this happen? | 布纳恩怎么会让这种事发生的 |
[24:40] | However, due to the media frenzy surrounding the trial, | 但是由于媒体对本次庭审狂轰滥炸的关注 |
[24:43] | Barnes may have put aside old loyalties… | 或许巴恩斯抛开了他们的交情 |
[24:49] | I wanted to convict, | 我很想判他有罪 |
[24:50] | – but the evidence just wasn’t there. – All right, I got it. | -但就是因为没证据 -我明白的 |
[24:52] | The prosecution left too many questions unanswered. | 控方留下了太多问题没回答 |
[24:54] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[24:55] | They counted on questionable circumstantial evidence, | 他们就指望着疑点重重的间接证据 |
[24:58] | dislike of the accused, and emotional arguments. | 对被告的厌恶 以及情感性的辩论 |
[25:00] | And their surprise eyewitness never showed up! | 而且他们的神秘目击证人根本没出现 |
[25:03] | That’s because he was murdered. | 那是因为他被谋杀了 |
[25:06] | What? | 什么 |
[25:07] | That was the victim that was in the lab. | 他就是实验室里的受害人 |
[25:09] | Okay? He was murdered. | 知道了吗 他被谋杀了 |
[25:12] | That’s why you couldn’t talk about him? No. | 所以你不能谈这件事吗 |
[25:13] | It was Christopher Barnes. | 那就是克里斯多夫·巴恩斯 |
[25:17] | Do you think Kidman killed him? | 你觉得是基德曼杀了他吗 |
[25:20] | Well, don’t you? | 你不觉得吗 |
[25:21] | I mean, what? Barnes was gonna | 不然呢 巴恩斯本来打算 |
[25:22] | retract his statement to the police and testify that Kidman, | 撤回对警方的口供来指证基德曼 |
[25:25] | you know, killed his wife. | 杀了他的妻子 |
[25:27] | His story would’ve corroborated all the accusations | 他的说法本来可以证实一切指控 |
[25:30] | as well as the circumstantial evidence. | 以及那些间接证据 |
[25:32] | I just… | 我真是… |
[25:35] | I’m sorry, Bones. | 我很抱歉 骨头 |
[25:36] | I really am. | 真的 |
[25:39] | If I wasn’t there, the prosecution’s arguments | 要不是我在那里 控方的论据 |
[25:43] | would have swayed the other jurors. | 就能说服那些陪审员了 |
[25:44] | If it weren’t for me, | 如果不是因为我 |
[25:45] | he’d be in jail right now. | 他现在就进监狱了 |
[25:46] | No, it’s not your fault. | 不 这不是你的错 |
[25:47] | But Kidman is still free. | 但基德曼仍然逍遥法外 |
[25:50] | You know what we got to do, right? | 你知道我们要怎么做 对吧 |
[25:52] | We have got to catch Kidman for killing Barnes. | 我们得为谋杀巴恩斯的事抓住基德曼 |
[25:54] | That’ll make everything right. | 那样就能把一切纠正过来 |
[25:56] | And that’s what we’re gonna do. | 那就是我们要做的事 |
[26:07] | Two gunshot wounds, | 两个枪伤 |
[26:08] | both non-fatal, | 都不是致命伤 |
[26:09] | one bullet lodged in the tissue of the gluteus medius, | 一颗子弹打进了臂中肌组织中 |
[26:12] | and the other glanced off the right seventh rib. | 另一颗擦过了右边第七根肋骨 |
[26:15] | What about this tiny groove? | 这个微小的漕是怎么回事 |
[26:16] | The talus bone differs from person to person, | 每个人的距骨都不一样 |
[26:18] | so I assumed that formation was natural. | 所以我假定这个结构是自然的 |
[26:20] | I would’ve made the same assumption, | 我本来也会产生一样的看法 |
[26:22] | but this has a rough edge, not smooth. | 但这一处边缘是粗糙的 而非平滑 |
[26:26] | It’s natural, trust me. | 这是自然的 相信我 |
[26:29] | I’m taking ownership of my position. | 我在我的工作上非常专业 |
[26:30] | I understand, Ms. Wick, that while I was away, | 我理解 维克女士 当我不在的时候 |
[26:32] | you were the senior forensic anthropologist. | 你是高级法医人类学家 |
[26:35] | But I’m back now. | 但我现在回来了 |
[26:37] | It’s not natural? | 这不自然吗 |
[26:39] | No, it’s not. | 不自然 |
[26:40] | It was caused by the trajectory of a bullet. | 这是由一颗子弹的弹道造成的 |
[26:43] | The angle of the injury would suggest | 伤口的角度表明 |
[26:45] | that the trajectory was much like this. | 子弹弹道大约是这样的 |
[26:48] | The bullet would have severed the achilles | 子弹一定是先切断了足腱 |
[26:50] | before making contact with the talus. | 再射入那根距骨的 |
[26:52] | Which would make it very difficult for the victim | 这就使得受害人很难站起来 |
[26:54] | to stand and nearly impossible for him to escape. | 更不可能逃跑了 |
[26:57] | He was a sitting duck. | 只能坐以待毙了 |
[27:00] | Algae? | 藻类 |
[27:01] | Yup. Didymosphenia geminata. | 是的 双生双楔藻 |
[27:03] | It’s a microscopic algae that only appears in fresh water. | 这是一种只在淡水中出现的微型藻类 |
[27:06] | Fresh water? Barnes was found on a beach, | 淡水 巴恩斯是在海滩上被发现的 |
[27:08] | but he didn’t drown in the ocean? | 而他竟然不是在海里淹死的 |
[27:10] | Well, that’s right. | 没错 |
[27:10] | So, this algae is the result of the cold water discharge | 所以这种藻类的生长是一家发电站的 |
[27:14] | from a hydroelectric plant. Now, Angie? | 冷水排放造成的 而安吉呢 |
[27:17] | She dug this up. | 她找到了这个 |
[27:18] | This one is the closest to where the body was found on the beach. | 这一张拍的是在离海滩尸体最近的地方 |
[27:21] | If we can trace the run off from this plant, | 如果我们能从这家发电站得到什么线索 |
[27:24] | then we should be able to figure out | 我们就能弄清 |
[27:25] | where the victim was drowned. | 受害人被淹的地点 |
[27:26] | Okay. Let’s get an FBI forensic team there right now. | 好 那我们现在就找支联调局的法医队 |
[27:31] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[27:32] | I think I’m close to something here. | 我想我已经有所发现了 |
[27:34] | Dr. Brennan’ll be happy. | 布纳恩博士会高兴的 |
[27:36] | Not for the case. For you. | 不是关于案子 是关于你的事 |
[27:39] | These are the receipts from the person who stole your identity. | 这些是偷你证件的人消费的发票 |
[27:43] | – Wow, she is living like a Trump. – Yeah. | -她还模仿我的生活方式啊 -是啊 |
[27:46] | And traveling. | 还旅游了 |
[27:47] | I can track where she’s been. | 我可以去追查一下她去过的地方 |
[27:49] | What are these? | 这些是什么 |
[27:50] | I’m collating by type of expenditure. | 我核对了一下这人花销的种类 |
[27:53] | Apparently she loves going to museums. | 显然她喜欢逛博物馆 |
[27:56] | Albright-Knox in Buffalo, | 水牛城奥博瑞特-那克斯艺术画廊 |
[27:58] | Art Institute of Chicago, | 芝加哥艺术学院 |
[27:59] | Norton Simon Pasadena, | 诺顿赛门艺术博物馆 |
[28:01] | Crystal Bridges Arkansas, | 阿肯色水晶桥博物馆 |
[28:03] | The Getty. | 盖蒂博物馆 |
[28:04] | These are all places I want to go. | 这些都是我想去的地方 |
[28:06] | What else do you have? | 你还找到了些什么 |
[28:07] | Stores. | 商店 |
[28:08] | Lots of shoes, designer dresses. | 好多好多鞋子 名牌服装 |
[28:11] | Clearly she loves fashion. | 显然她是个时尚达人 |
[28:13] | Like me, and she bought a lot of books. | 和我一样 她还买了很多书 |
[28:15] | Yeah, it does seem, | 没错 看上去 |
[28:17] | looking at these spending patterns, that this could be you. | 这些购物习惯 确实很像你 |
[28:21] | It’s one thing to have my money taken, | 钱被偷走是一回事 |
[28:22] | but this is kind of worse. | 但这也太可怕了 |
[28:24] | It’s like going through the looking glass. | 这就像是在看镜子里的自己一样 |
[28:26] | Maybe she looked through your charges, | 也许她看过你的消费记录 |
[28:28] | and thought that buying these things | 觉得买这些东西 |
[28:29] | wouldn’t look suspicious. | 不会引起怀疑 |
[28:31] | I was spied on, too? | 我还被监视了 |
[28:32] | Yeah, how did you get this? | 你是怎么找到这些的 |
[28:34] | The police don’t have the resources | 警察没有相应的资源 |
[28:35] | to investigate a case like this. | 来调查这样的案子 |
[28:36] | So I’m doing what needs to be done | 所以我只是在做该做的事 |
[28:38] | to get a little justice. | 来伸张正义 |
[28:40] | You don’t need to know all the details. | 你不需要知道细节 |
[28:41] | But just know that I’m close to finding out | 只要知道我很快就会找出 |
[28:43] | who did this to you. | 是谁对你下的手就行了 |
[28:44] | -Well, whatever you need from me. -Yeah, thanks. | -需要我做什么尽管开口 -好的 谢谢 |
[28:47] | I’m actually kind of enjoying myself. | 我实际上很自得其乐 |
[28:50] | We’re gonna get this bitch. | 我们会抓到这个贱人的 |
[28:54] | Barnes’ computer shows that he signed up | 巴恩斯的电脑记录显示他注册了 |
[28:56] | for a lot of sexual encounter sites. | 很多一夜情网站 |
[28:57] | So you think he met someone online | 那你觉得是他在网上认识的某个人 |
[28:59] | and got himself killed? | 把他杀了 |
[28:59] | No! I think Peter Kidman killed him, | 不 我认为是彼得·基德曼杀了他 |
[29:01] | but we have to check out all these, you know, other leads. | 但是我们必须要追查所有的线索 |
[29:04] | So that the jury can put him in jail. | 才能让陪审团把他送进监狱 |
[29:06] | Oh, I get it. This is important to Dr. Brennan. | 我明白了 这对布纳恩博士来说很重要 |
[29:09] | ‘Cause she let a murderer go free. | 因为她让一个凶手逃脱了制裁 |
[29:11] | Do me a favor, okay? | 帮我个忙 好吗 |
[29:12] | When you see Bones, don’t say it like that, okay? | 你要是看见骨头可别这么说 行吗 |
[29:14] | – Of course not. – Great. | -我当然不会了 -那就好 |
[29:15] | – Bones. – Did I miss anything? | -骨头 -我错过什么了吗 |
[29:18] | Uh, well, apparently the victim | 显然受害者 |
[29:20] | had a taste for anonymous sexual encounters. | 对匿名一夜情很感兴趣 |
[29:22] | Yeah, he was supposed to meet some woman | 是的 他被害的那天晚上 |
[29:24] | with the user name “Kinky Kelly” The night that he died. | 本该去见一个用户名为”怪癖凯莉”的女网友 |
[29:27] | Oh, no! The defense attorney’ll say | 这不太好 辩护律师会说 |
[29:28] | that’s what got him killed. | 他就是这样被害的 |
[29:29] | We’ll chase it down and show it isn’t true. | 我们会追查下去证明实事并非如此 |
[29:31] | -Yeah, one step ahead of that defense attorney. -Yeah. | -只要比辩护律师早一步就好 -没错 |
[29:33] | Do we know where Barnes was supposed to meet Kinky Kelly? | 我们知道巴恩斯和怪癖凯莉约在哪见面吗 |
[29:37] | Hodgins and a forensic team are out there, | 哈金斯和法医小组正在那边 |
[29:39] | you know, sniffing around for evidence. | 四处搜寻证据 |
[29:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:45] | Jackpot! | 有惊喜哦 |
[29:46] | The algae in the victim’s lungs | 是被害人肺里发现的藻类 |
[29:48] | matched the algae at the site? | 与现场找到的相符吗 |
[29:49] | Yes, and the techs found blood traces that formed a trail, | 是的 技术人员还找到一条血迹形成的小路 |
[29:53] | which leads to this pond made of hydroelectric water runoff. | 通向这个由水电站径流形成的池塘 |
[29:57] | So he was bleeding from his gunshot wounds | 所以他被带到池塘的过程中 |
[29:59] | when he was taken to the pond. | 伤口一直在流血 |
[30:00] | Plus we found this rock on the edge of the pond. | 而且我们还在池塘的边上找到了这块石头 |
[30:04] | Now, blood and tissue indicates | 血液和组织显示 |
[30:06] | that it may have been used to smash the victim’s face. | 它可能被用来击打过被害人的面部 |
[30:08] | We’ll match the pond water | 我们会把池塘里的水 |
[30:09] | to the contents of the victim’s lungs. | 和被害人肺内物质进行比对 |
[30:12] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[30:13] | It’s not bone. | 这不是骨头 |
[30:14] | No, I think it’s a gemstone called citrine. | 不是 我觉得这是一种叫做黄水晶的宝石 |
[30:16] | Well, cut for a necklace or earrings? | 被切割成项链或者耳环了 |
[30:20] | Maybe Kinky Kelly was wearing it in her bellybutton | 也许这是怪癖凯莉的脐环 |
[30:23] | or nose or… somewhere else. | 或者鼻环… 或戴在其它什么地方 |
[30:25] | Dr. Brennan will not like this news. | 布纳恩博士可不会喜欢这个消息 |
[30:27] | It’s evidence. What’s not to like? | 这是证据 为什么不喜欢 |
[30:29] | This suggests that Christopher Barnes | 这代表着克里斯多夫·巴恩斯 |
[30:30] | was killed by a woman known as Kinky Kelly. | 是被那个叫怪癖凯莉的人杀害的 |
[30:39] | I looked through Barnes’s laptop | 我看了巴恩斯的笔记本 |
[30:41] | and was able to trace Kinky Kelly’s IP address | 然后追查到怪癖凯莉的IP网址 |
[30:43] | to a local library. | 是一个地方图书馆的 |
[30:45] | But how does that help? | 这能帮上什么忙呢 |
[30:46] | Public libraries, | 公共图书馆 |
[30:47] | they don’t keep records of who uses what computer. | 都不保留电脑使用者的记录 |
[30:49] | True, but we have the date and time the e-mail was sent. | 没错 但是我们有邮件发出的时间和日期 |
[30:53] | Right, but without a specific person, | 是的 但没有具体的目标 |
[30:54] | how does the time tell us | 光有时间我们怎么知道 |
[30:56] | who lured Barnes to the pond? | 是谁骗巴恩斯去的池塘呢 |
[30:57] | The security cameras. | 监控摄像头 |
[30:59] | I got Booth to get | 我让布斯去拿了 |
[31:00] | the footage of the date and time of the e-mail. | 与邮件日期和时间相符的胶片 |
[31:02] | Oh, Angie, you are good. | 安琪 你太厉害了 |
[31:05] | E-mail was sent at 2:17 p.m. | 邮件是在下午2:17发出的 |
[31:07] | Okay, so one minute after this. | 所以就是一分钟之后 |
[31:09] | Yeah, and look who’s sitting down right now. | 没错 你看坐下的那个人是谁 |
[31:13] | It’s Kidman’s sister. | 是基德曼的妹妹 |
[31:14] | That’s right, she was the one | 没错 就是她 |
[31:15] | who lured Barnes out to the area by the pond. | 把巴恩斯骗到池塘附近的 |
[31:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:19] | Yeah, she loves her brother. | 是啊 她爱她哥哥 |
[31:21] | I mean, she doesn’t want to see him get locked up. | 所以 她不想看到他进监狱 |
[31:23] | Yeah, and if that wasn’t enough. | 是的 如果这还不够的话 |
[31:25] | The D.O.T. finally forwarded me their spraying schedule. | 交通部终于把他们的树木喷药时间表发给我了 |
[31:28] | The trees on Alison Kidman’s street | 艾莉森·基德曼家附近街道上的树 |
[31:31] | were sprayed the same day Barnes disappeared? | 正是在巴恩斯失踪的那一天喷的药 |
[31:35] | My client will not be answering any questions. | 我的客户不会回答任何问题 |
[31:37] | You must be making a lot of money off this family. | 你一定没少从这家捞钱啊 |
[31:39] | You sent the e-mail to Chris Barnes | 你给克里斯·巴恩斯发了邮件 |
[31:41] | that lured him out to the pond that night. | 那天晚上把他骗到了池塘边 |
[31:43] | You see that? That’s that, | 你看这个 这个就是那封邮件 |
[31:44] | and they have a picture of you there. | 他们还拍到了你在那的照片 |
[31:46] | Time stamped. That’s you. | 时间戳也在 那就是你 |
[31:48] | We know you’re Kinky Kelly, Alison. | 我们知道你就是怪癖凯莉 艾莉森 |
[31:49] | You suspect she is. | 你怀疑她是而已 |
[31:50] | We also know that your vehicle was sprayed on | 我们还知道在巴恩斯被杀那天 |
[31:52] | the same day Barnes was killed. | 你的汽车被喷上了药 |
[31:54] | We found residue from the herbicide on his remains. | 我们在他遗骸上的除草剂中发现了残留 |
[31:57] | We also have a receipt for a car cover that you purchased | 我们还有你买车罩的收据 |
[31:59] | that was similar to the one that was used to wrap the victim in. | 它和用来包裹被害人尸体的车罩相似 |
[32:03] | Your brother paid all you bills while you were growing up. | 你哥哥在你成长过程中帮你付了所有的账单 |
[32:05] | He paid for your college. | 他帮你付的大学学费 |
[32:06] | He even got you a job after you graduated. | 甚至还在你毕业后帮你找了工作 |
[32:08] | You owed him. | 你欠他很多 |
[32:08] | My client will not be making any statements. | 我的客户不会作出任何陈述 |
[32:10] | And you didn’t like his wife. | 而且你不喜欢他妻子 |
[32:12] | No one was good enough for your brother, right? | 没有人能配得上你哥哥 对吗 |
[32:13] | Look, if you confess, | 如果你认罪的话 |
[32:14] | the prosecutor’s office is gonna be much more understanding. | 检察官办公室会更加理解的 |
[32:17] | Alison has nothing to confess, Agent Booth. | 艾莉森没什么要承认的 布斯探员 |
[32:20] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[32:23] | You know, your brother didn’t deserve to go to jail. | 你哥哥不应该被送进监狱 |
[32:26] | All right? You thought you were doing the right thing. | 你以为你做的是对的 |
[32:29] | That’s what those tears are all about, aren’t they? | 这就是为什么你在哭 对吗 |
[32:31] | If you don’t have a question, Dr. Sweets… | 如果你没问题的话 斯维斯博士… |
[32:33] | He asked about the tears. | 他只问了关于她眼泪的事 |
[32:39] | At the time, you probably thought that | 当时 你可能想着 |
[32:41] | you were repaying Peter for all he had done for you. | 你在回报彼得 |
[32:47] | But killing someone… | 可是杀人 |
[32:49] | it’s not that easy when they’re looking you in the eye. | 当他们看着你时 这不是件容易的事 |
[32:53] | Right? | 对不对 |
[32:55] | That image never leaves you, does it? | 那副景象一直在你眼前萦绕 对不对 |
[32:57] | Okay, that’s enough. | 够了 |
[32:58] | Taking a life must be a terrible,terrible burden to carry around. | 杀人一定是件很恐怖 很恐怖的负担 |
[33:04] | That’s why you want to cry, and you should. | 所以你想哭泣 你也应该哭泣 |
[33:05] | It’s the only way you’ll feel better. | 这是能让你觉得好些的唯一办法 |
[33:06] | Just tell us what happened, that’s all. | 你要做的一切就是告诉我们发生了什么 |
[33:08] | She’s not saying anything, | 她什么也不会说的 |
[33:09] | and unless you want to arrest her, Agent Booth, | 除非你想逮捕他 布斯探员 |
[33:12] | – this interview is over. – Fair enough. | -面谈结束 -好吧 |
[33:13] | You know what, that picture will do for now. | 知道吗 那照片能让我现在就逮捕她 |
[33:15] | Alison Kidman, you’re under arrest | 艾莉森·基德曼 你因谋杀 |
[33:17] | for the murder of Christopher Barnes. Come on. | 克里斯多夫·巴恩斯被捕了 走吧 |
[33:19] | You said this wouldn’t happen. | 你说过这不会发生的 |
[33:21] | Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. | 别担心 你不会有事的 |
[33:22] | Just don’t say anything. | 只要保持沉默就好 |
[33:23] | You understand? Not a word, Alison. | 懂吗 一句话也别说 艾莉森 |
[33:25] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[33:31] | I noticed a number of hairline cracks | 我注意到在第三和第四腰椎上 |
[33:33] | on the L3 and L4. | 有些细小的不完全骨折 |
[33:35] | It’s a broad impact injury. | 这是大范围的击打伤 |
[33:37] | Yes, possibly from a piece of pipe or a large rock. | 对 可能由一截管子或一块大石头所致 |
[33:40] | Or a kick. | 或者是踢踹 |
[33:42] | Yes, I suppose a very strong kick. | 对 我推测是大力踢踹所致 |
[33:45] | Like one from a soccer player. | 像是足球运动员的一踢 |
[33:48] | Kidman? | 基德曼吗 |
[33:50] | The velocity and trajectory of the injury | 致伤的速度和伤口轨迹 |
[33:53] | mirror the style of kick Kidman was known for. | 符合基德曼被人熟知的那种脚法 |
[33:55] | But we’re focusing on his sister. | 可我们正重点关注他的妹妹 |
[33:57] | Kidman has an alibi. | 基德曼有不在场证明 |
[33:58] | I don’t want to hear about his alibi anymore. | 我不想再听到他的不在场证明了 |
[33:59] | – But Dr. Brennan… – Somehow he was involved in this. | -可是布纳恩博士 -他和这案子有关 |
[34:01] | I will not let him get away with murder twice. | 我不会让他在杀了两人后还逍遥法外的 |
[34:04] | We are missing something. | 我们忽略了一些东西 |
[34:11] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[34:12] | Whatever it is, we’ll find it. | 不管是什么 我们都会找到的 |
[34:22] | Dr. Brennan is convinced Peter Kidman | 布纳恩博士确信彼得·基德曼 |
[34:24] | was behind Barnes’ murder. | 是巴恩斯谋杀案的幕后真凶 |
[34:26] | – He has an alibi. – Don’t use that word around her. | -他有不在场证明 -别在她旁边提这词 |
[34:28] | Angie’s been pulling the news footage of his house | 安琪已经把他家在案件发生那晚的 |
[34:30] | on the night of the killing. Kidman does not come out. | 录像调出来了 基德曼并没有出门 |
[34:32] | And Booth said Alison’s lawyer is challenging | 布斯说艾莉森的律师正质疑 |
[34:34] | the evidence to try to get her released. | 证据的有效性 试图让我们释放她 |
[34:35] | We don’t want both of them to disappear. | 我们不想让他们双双消失 |
[34:37] | All right, I’m working as fast as I can. | 好吧 我正尽快搞定这事 |
[34:38] | Now, the algae that we found in the pond, | 现在 我们在池塘里找到的藻类 |
[34:40] | it matched the diatoms in the bone marrow of the victim. | 与在受害人骨髓中发现的硅藻匹配 |
[34:43] | So Christopher Barnes definitely drowned there? | 所以克里斯多夫·巴恩斯确实是溺死在那里的吗 |
[34:45] | Definitely. And while the citrine we found at the scene | 的确 还有尽管我们在现场发现的黄水晶 |
[34:47] | doesn’t match any of the jewelry from Alison’s house, | 和艾莉森家所有的首饰都不匹配 |
[34:50] | we did find something I think you’re gonna like. | 我们的确找到了你会喜欢的东西 |
[34:53] | – I already own those in tan. – Yeah. | -我有一双棕褐色的 -对 |
[34:56] | I’m referring to what’s on the sole. | 我正在说的是鞋底上的东西 |
[34:59] | Blood. | 血迹 |
[35:01] | You do know what I like. | 你的确知道我喜欢什么 |
[35:02] | I don’t care how good her lawyer is, | 我不关心她的律师有多好 |
[35:03] | Alison is not getting released. | 艾莉森不会被释放的 |
[35:12] | You’re very quiet. | 你今天很安静 |
[35:14] | Because I’m not talking. | 因为我没在说话 |
[35:15] | That must be it. | 一定是这个原因 |
[35:18] | Thinking about the case. | 我在想这件案子 |
[35:19] | Look, you know what, | 你知道吗 |
[35:21] | Cam found traces of Barnes’ blood | 凯在艾莉森·基德曼的鞋子上 |
[35:23] | on Alison Kidman’s shoe. We got her. | 发现了血迹 我们抓住她了 |
[35:26] | The shoe only proves she was there, | 鞋子只能证明她曾在现场 |
[35:28] | not that she killed him. | 而不是她杀了他 |
[35:30] | It’s not enough to guarantee conviction. | 这不足以定罪 |
[35:32] | All right, look, I know that you’re still upset | 好吧 我知道你还是对整个基德曼案的 |
[35:34] | about the way the whole Kidman thing went down. | 处理方式有所不满 |
[35:35] | Also, Barnes was six-two, | 还有 巴恩斯有六尺二寸高[188厘米] |
[35:37] | over 200 pounds. | 两百多磅重 |
[35:38] | Alison is five-two, maybe 110 pounds. | 艾莉森五尺二寸[157厘米] 大概110磅 |
[35:41] | She doesn’t have the strength | 她没那么大力气 |
[35:42] | to hold Barnes down long enough to drown him. | 把巴恩斯压在水里足够长时间淹死他 |
[35:44] | Barnes was wounded; you said so yourself. | 巴恩斯当时已经受伤了 你自己说的 |
[35:46] | His wounds were superficial; he could still fight back, | 他只受了些小伤 他还有反抗能力 |
[35:48] | and there’s evidence of fracturing from a kick, | 并且有证据显示他的骨折由踢踹造成 |
[35:51] | the impact of which points to Peter Kidman. | 这证据直指彼得·基德曼 |
[35:53] | So you’re saying that Alison went there to kill Barnes, | 所以你是说艾莉森去现场杀巴恩斯 |
[35:55] | but she couldn’t finish the job, | 可是她做不到 |
[35:57] | so what, she called her brother? | 所以怎样 她叫来她哥哥吗 |
[35:59] | Exactly. He couldn’t let Barnes live, | 没错 他不能让巴恩斯活着 |
[36:01] | so he went there, beat him and drowned him. | 所以他去了现场 打了他并淹死了他 |
[36:03] | And the fact that Kidman never left his house that night? | 那基德曼那晚从没离开家该怎么解释 |
[36:07] | Somehow, that’s not a fact. | 我不知道他用了什么办法 那不是事实 |
[36:14] | This is raw footage from the press cameras | 这是记者照相机里的原始图像 |
[36:17] | that were stationed outside of Peter Kidman’s house | 照相机在谋杀案发生的那晚被安放在 |
[36:19] | on the night of the murder. | 彼得·基德曼家外面 |
[36:23] | Okay, here’s Kidman at exactly 4:30 p.M., | 好 这是基德曼 正好是下午四点半 |
[36:26] | when he came outside to pay for pizza. | 他出来付披萨的钱 |
[36:28] | Now, he doesn’t appear again until the next morning. | 他直到次日早晨才再次出现 |
[36:30] | Then he couldn’t have killed Barnes, | 那他不可能杀了巴恩斯 |
[36:32] | unless he got past the press. | 除非他躲过了记者 |
[36:34] | Yeah, but how would he have done that? | 没错 可他是怎么做到这点的 |
[36:35] | The media had surrounded the house the whole night. | 那一整晚他家都被媒体包围了 |
[36:38] | The cameras were on motion sensors. | 相机的运动传感器是开着的 |
[36:41] | For example… | 例如 |
[36:43] | Okay, that is Kidman’s body guard, | 那是基德曼的保镖 |
[36:45] | Frank Finizio. | 弗兰克·菲尼佐 |
[36:46] | Can you show me Kidman the next morning? | 你能放一下基德曼次日的影像吗 |
[36:54] | Well, this is discouraging. | 好吧 这真令人沮丧 |
[36:55] | Me thinks he doth protest too much. | 我觉得他”抱怨得太多了” |
[36:57] | That’s Shakespeare, but I don’t know what it means. | 这是莎翁剧里的话 可我不懂它的意思 |
[37:00] | It means he’s collecting that paper for show. | 意思是他出来拿报纸为的就是让人看见 |
[37:02] | It’s like he wanted the cameras to film him. | 就像是他想让摄像机拍他一样 |
[37:05] | Like, “Look, I’m here. I’m innocent.” | 像是 “看 我在这里 我是无辜的” |
[37:08] | It’s possible that Kidman sent Finizio to kill Barnes. | 可能基德曼让菲尼佐去杀了巴恩斯 |
[37:12] | What time did Finizio leave Kidman’s? | 菲尼佐是什么时候离开基德曼家的 |
[37:17] | 10:07 p.m. | 晚上10:07 |
[37:18] | Exactly seven minutes after Alison was scheduled to meet Barnes. | 就在艾莉森计划见巴恩斯的七分钟后 |
[37:23] | It’s less than five miles to the murder scene. | 这里距离杀人现场只有不到五英里 |
[37:25] | He could’ve made it. | 他可以做到的 |
[37:28] | Hey, why are you not more excited? | 你为什么不更兴奋一些呢 |
[37:30] | Because… because it’s my fault | 因为 因为这是我的错 |
[37:33] | Kidman got away with murdering his wife, and I was hoping… | 使基德曼在杀妻后逍遥法外 我曾希望 |
[37:36] | If Kidman forced Finizio to kill Barnes, | 如果基德曼强迫菲尼佐杀了巴恩斯 |
[37:38] | it’s still conspiracy and soliciting homicide and all that. | 这依然是同谋和故意杀人那些罪名 |
[37:42] | He’ll still go to prison. | 他还是会进监狱 |
[37:43] | Not without more evidence. | 如果没有更多证据的话 他不会的 |
[37:47] | Can you please play Finizio’s arrival | 你能把菲尼佐到达和离开的影像 |
[37:50] | and departure side-by-side? | 一起并排播放吗 |
[37:52] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[37:54] | Okay, on the left, we have Finizio arriving, | 左边的菲尼佐到达时的图像 |
[37:56] | and on the right, him leaving. | 而右边是他离开时的图像 |
[37:59] | Stop. Go back. | 停 往回退 |
[38:02] | Okay, in this one, Finizio has a normal stride | 在这边 菲尼佐走路的姿态很正常 |
[38:05] | and circumduction of the hips. | 胯部做环形运动 |
[38:08] | And the second video, | 在第二组录像中 |
[38:10] | his leg moves outward. | 他的腿向外跨步 |
[38:13] | His sister needed help killing Barnes, | 他妹妹需要有人帮她杀了巴恩斯 |
[38:15] | and that is how he left the house. | 他就这样离开了住处 |
[38:18] | It’s not Finizio? | 这不是菲尼佐 |
[38:20] | No. | 不 |
[38:23] | That is Kidman. | 那是基德曼 |
[38:28] | Kidman suffered a dislocated hip | 基德曼曾在一起摩托车事故中 |
[38:30] | from a motorcycle injury. | 髋关节脱臼 |
[38:32] | What is… That’s why he walks funny? | 所以他走路的姿势才那么怪 |
[38:34] | Yes, the dislocation caused | 是的 脱臼造成 |
[38:36] | degenerative arthritis in his hip socket, see? | 他髋臼的退化性关节炎 |
[38:39] | I noted it here in my drawing that I did in court. | 我在庭上画图的时候注意到了这点 |
[38:43] | I’m not making this up, Booth. | 布斯 这不是我编的 |
[38:45] | I noticed it during the trial. | 我在庭审的时候就注意到了 |
[38:46] | The resulting pain affected his gait. | 受伤带来的疼痛影响了他的步态 |
[38:49] | Okay, so he lied about his whereabouts the night of the murder, | 所以他谋杀当晚的所在地是假的 |
[38:51] | and he’s got motive, opportunity and… | 而且他有动机 机会和 |
[38:54] | The gemstone from the crime scene, so what? | 谋杀现场发现的宝石 怎么了 |
[38:57] | And that | 还有这个 |
[38:59] | and this, okay. | 和这个 好吧 |
[39:00] | So what am I looking at here? Help me out. | 所以我在看什么 帮我一下 |
[39:02] | Brooch from his coat. | 他大衣上的胸针 |
[39:04] | Brooch. The gemstone came from the brooch. | 胸针 宝石是胸针上面的 |
[39:07] | I’ll be damned; you got him. | 好啊 你抓住他了 |
[39:11] | I’m not sure if this would be enough, | 我不肯定这些证据够不够 |
[39:12] | if I were on the jury. | 如果是我做陪审的话 |
[39:13] | This is where I come into play. | 现在就要我上场了 |
[39:16] | No, it’s a bump, not the fist. | 不 是在撞拳 不是握拳 |
[39:24] | What, you bring me all the way down here | 你大老远把我带到这里 |
[39:25] | to watch Finizio go for a walk? | 是让我看菲尼佐走路的 |
[39:27] | That’s not Finizio, that’s you. | 那不是菲尼佐 那是你 |
[39:28] | Okay, my client has nothing to say to that accusation. | 对于这项指控 我的当事人无可奉告 |
[39:31] | He doesn’t have to say anything at all. | 他什么都不用说 |
[39:32] | You have a distinctive gait. | 你走路的姿势很独特 |
[39:34] | That won’t hold up in court. | 那在庭上站不住脚 |
[39:35] | Oh, it’ll hold up. | 那会站住的 |
[39:36] | You should see her in front of the jury, and not on it. | 你该看看她不做陪审时有多厉害 |
[39:48] | I was feeling cooped up. | 我觉得太憋闷了 |
[39:49] | I put on somebody else’s clothes and I went for a drive. | 我穿上别人的衣服出去兜风 |
[39:52] | – Peter. – What, it doesn’t prove I murdered anyone. | -彼得 -可那不能证明我杀人了 |
[39:54] | Okay, so you admit that this is you dressed up | 所以你承认这是你穿上 |
[39:56] | in your body guard’s clothes, leaving the premises. | 你保镖的衣服 离开了你家 |
[39:59] | Yeah, I’m an athlete. | 是的 我是名运动员 |
[40:01] | Can’t keep my cooped up for long. | 不能忍受被关太久 |
[40:05] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[40:06] | That was found in the water where Barnes drowned. | 这是在巴恩斯被淹死的水域发现的 |
[40:08] | It came from Frank Finizio’s brooch. | 来自于弗兰克·菲尼佐的胸针 |
[40:11] | Yeah, that doesn’t prove that my client had… | 那不能证明我的当事人… |
[40:12] | Actually, it does, Mr. Zand. | 事实上是可以的 赞德先生 |
[40:14] | You just admitted to wearing the brooch | 你刚刚承认了在谋杀前两小时 |
[40:16] | two hours before the murder, | 你戴上了这枚胸针 |
[40:17] | – when it still had all three stones. – Right. | -当时上面还有三颗宝石 -对 |
[40:19] | And this is what it looks like now. | 这是它现在的样子 |
[40:20] | Bones, brooch. | 骨头 胸针 |
[40:23] | Brooch, brooch. | 胸针 胸针 |
[40:25] | This is what it looks like now. | 这是它现在的样子 |
[40:31] | So what do you think a jury will make of that, Bones? | 所以你认为陪审团会因此作出什么判断 |
[40:34] | Beyond a reasonable doubt, | 排除合理怀疑 |
[40:36] | they’ll fry him. | 他们会定他有罪 |
[40:39] | I told you to shut up, huh? | 我告诉过你闭嘴 |
[40:42] | You’re getting exactly what you deserve. | 你这就是罪有应得 |
[41:21] | Hey, they got Kidman. | 他们抓住基德曼了 |
[41:22] | I know, and I have something for you. | 我知道了 我有事要告诉你 |
[41:26] | I found her. | 我找到她了 |
[41:28] | The woman who stole your identity. | 盗窃你证件的那个女人 |
[41:30] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[41:31] | Yeah, I got the idea | 是的 我从公立图书馆 |
[41:32] | from the public library security video. | 监控录像里获得了灵感 |
[41:35] | I got the date and time from the last known charge, | 我获得了已知最后一次刷卡的时间和信息 |
[41:37] | and then I got the video. | 然后我找到了这录像 |
[41:41] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[41:42] | We can track her now. | 我们现在能追踪她了 |
[41:43] | We can find her and arrest her. | 我们能找到并逮捕她 |
[41:45] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[41:48] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[41:49] | I know her; that’s Haley Kent. | 我认识她 她是海利·肯特 |
[41:50] | She was my college roommate. | 她是我大学室友 |
[41:52] | We were friends. | 我们是朋友 |
[41:53] | She stayed with me just last year. | 她去年还和我在一起 |
[42:03] | I never asked you; have you ever served on a jury before? | 我没问过你 你做过陪审员吗 |
[42:05] | Oh, uh, no I have not. | 我没有做过 |
[42:08] | Why not? | 为什么没有 |
[42:09] | Why? Because, you know, | 为什么 因为 |
[42:10] | when I tell the defense that I’m FBI, | 当我告诉被告方我是联邦调查局探员 |
[42:12] | they-they reject me. | 他们拒绝我做陪审员 |
[42:13] | Well, why wasn’t I rejected? | 为什么我没有被拒绝 |
[42:15] | I work for the FBI. | 我也为联邦调查局工作 |
[42:16] | Oh, because I always say, “You know what, | 因为我经常说 “你知道吗 |
[42:18] | if you get arrested, you’re definitely guilty.” | 如果你被捕了 那你肯定有罪” |
[42:20] | You don’t believe that. | 你不相信这话 |
[42:21] | You know what, actually, I do. | 实际上 我信 |
[42:22] | I mean, most of the time. | 我是说 大部分时候 |
[42:24] | You know what, we’re cops. | 我们是警察 |
[42:25] | So we have to, uh, stick together. | 所以我们必须 团结一致 |
[42:27] | So you’re saying that if you were on that jury with me, | 所以你是说如果我们同在那个陪审团 |
[42:29] | I wouldn’t have changed your mind from guilty? | 我不会改变你有罪的判断 |
[42:31] | I’m pretty sure we would’ve ended up in a hung jury, | 我确定我们会把案件定为悬案 |
[42:33] | and you want to know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[42:34] | Why, because you’re so stubborn? | 为什么 因为你太固执了 |
[42:36] | No, because I’m ying, and you’re yang. | 不 因为我是”英” 你是”阳” |
[42:39] | “Yin”, not “Ying.” | “阴” 不是”英” |
[42:41] | Everybody says “Ying yang”. | 所有人都说”英阳” |
[42:42] | Well, everybody’s wrong. | 所有人都说错了 |
[42:44] | – Oh, ying yang. – Stop saying it. | -英阳 -别说了 |
[42:46] | It’s incorrect. | 你说错了 |
[42:48] | Yang thinks it’s incorrect, | “阳”觉得我说错了 |
[42:49] | but Ying knows that it’s right, huh? | 但是”英”知道那是对的 |
[42:53] | That is why we fit together. | 所以我们是绝配 |
[42:56] | Ying, yang. | 英 阳 |
[42:58] | Look at that. | 看看啊 |
[43:01] | We do fit together. | 我们确实是绝配 |