英文名称:Shadows and Fog
年代:1991
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:07] | Kleinman! Kleinman, open up. | 克莱曼!克莱曼!开门! |
[03:10] | Kleinman! We know you’re in there. | – 克莱曼! – 我们知道你在里面 |
[03:13] | Kleinman! You bastard! | – 克莱曼! – 你这混蛋! |
[03:16] | Open the door. Kleinman! | 开门!克莱曼 |
[03:18] | Come on, Kleinman. | 快开门!克莱曼 |
[03:20] | Kleinman! | 克莱曼! |
[03:22] | I’m coming, I’m coming. | 来了,来了 |
[03:25] | Kleinman! Kleinman, come on. | – 克莱曼 -克莱曼,快啊 |
[03:27] | What? For God’s sake, Kleinman, are you deaf? | – 怎么了? – 看在上帝的份上,克莱曼,你聋了吗? |
[03:29] | What do you mean, deaf? What’s, what’s… | 你是什么意思?聋了? |
[03:30] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[03:31] | We need you to get dressed. Get dressed? Why? | – 我们需要你,把衣服穿起来 -穿衣服?为什么? |
[03:34] | Don’t play ignorant. | 别装聋作哑了 |
[03:35] | I was playing ignorant?I was in a deep sleep. | 我装聋作哑?我睡的很沉 |
[03:36] | We expect the killer to strike again tonight. | 我们希望那个凶手今晚再次行凶 |
[03:39] | The killer? What killer? | 凶手?什么凶手? |
[03:40] | The strangler. | 那个扼杀者 |
[03:41] | What strangler? The maniac. | -什么扼杀者? – 那个疯子 |
[03:43] | The one who killed Eisler’s son and choked Jensen to death | 那个杀了艾斯纳的儿子的疯子 那个用钢琴丝把詹森勒死的疯子 |
[03:45] | with the piano wire. | |
[03:47] | Jenson? | 詹森? |
[03:48] | The big night watchman? | 那个大块头的巡夜人? |
[03:51] | That’s right. Took him from behind. | 是的,从后面抓住他 |
[03:54] | Crept up, got him by the throat. | 悄悄走过来,扼住他的喉咙 |
[03:55] | He was blue when we found him. | 我们找到他的时候他都发青了 |
[03:57] | Saliva frozen down the corner of his mouth. | 嘴角的口水都已经结成冰了 |
[04:01] | Well, look, I’ve got to be up early tomorrow for work, so… | 好吧你瞧,我明天还要早起工作,所以… |
[04:04] | Don’t play dumb, Kleinman. You live on an island? | 别装聋作哑了克莱曼,难道你住在一个孤岛上? |
[04:06] | Tonight’s a foggy night. He always strikes in the fog. | 今晚雾蒙蒙的 他经常会在雾中出没 |
[04:09] | Yeah, but, you see, I… | 是,可是,你看,我… |
[04:10] | This is a very busy time for me in my firm. | 我在公司很忙 |
[04:12] | You know, I’m in competition for a promotion | 你知道,我希望在和西蒙.卡尔的竞争获得一个晋升 |
[04:15] | with Simon Carr… | |
[04:16] | Don’t you know no one can walk the streets at night? | 难道你不知道没有任何人能够在夜晚行走在街上吗? |
[04:18] | Yeah, well, you know, I hear certain… | 是,你知道,我听说… |
[04:20] | And it’s not just the streets. | 不仅仅是街上 |
[04:21] | The Quilty sisters were killed in their own home | 奎尔蒂姐妹在她们自己家被杀了 |
[04:23] | because they didn’t lock the door. | 因为她们没有锁门 |
[04:24] | Throats cut from ear to ear. | 喉咙上的口子被割到两只耳朵那么宽 |
[04:26] | I thought you said he was a strangler. | 我想你说他是一个扼杀者 |
[04:28] | Does it matter how he kills? | 这和他怎样杀人有关系吗? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1338个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:265个,六级词汇:127个,GRE词汇:148个,托福词汇:195个,考研词汇:292个,专四词汇:239个,专八词汇:50个, 所有生词标注共:503个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:29] | So angry, what is he… | 你怎么这么生气,他怎么… |
[04:31] | Hey, what’s he gettin’ so angry for? Okay. | 他为什么那么生气?好吧 |
[04:33] | Okay. There’s no motive? | 好吧,没有任何动机吗? |
[04:35] | So, you know about it. | 所以,你知道 |
[04:36] | Well, you know, I hear, now and then, a drib and drab. | 好吧,你知道,我在一点一点的听 |
[04:39] | He hears what he wants to hear. | 他听到了他想听的 |
[04:41] | Get dressed. | 穿上衣服 |
[04:42] | What do you mean, get dressed? This is police business. | 你是什么意思?穿上衣服? 那是警察的事情 |
[04:44] | The police have had their chance. | 警察有过机会了 |
[04:45] | Now we’re taking matters into our own hands. | 现在我们自己处理,落到我们手上了 |
[04:47] | No, that’s scary. | 不,那太恐怖了 |
[04:48] | You’re one of us, aren’t you, Kleinman? | 你难道不是我们的一员嘛?克莱曼 |
[04:49] | Yes, yes, I’m definitely one of you. | 是,是,我当然是 |
[04:51] | 你们想让我做什么?What do you want me to do? | |
[04:52] | We have a plan to trap him. | 我们有一个计划去诱捕他 |
[04:53] | Yeah, but, what kind of plan? | 好,可是,计划是什么? |
[04:54] | It’s Hacker’s. He should tell it. | 是哈克的主意,他应该告诉你 |
[04:56] | What, well, Hacker, what’s… | 什么?怎么弄? |
[04:57] | You’ll find out your assignment. | 你会知道我们的任务分配的 |
[04:58] | Get dressed. You’re wasting time. | 快穿衣服,你在浪费我们的时间 |
[05:00] | What do you mean? – We’ll meet you downstairs in five minutes. | – 你是什么意思?我们五分钟后在楼下见你 |
[05:02] | Well, okay, but… | 这样,好吧,但… |
[05:03] | My theory is that it’s someone that we all know. | 我们的原则是哪个我们都认识的 |
[05:06] | Someone, you know, that we work next to or go to church with. | 是和我们一起工作一起去教堂的人 |
[05:08] | He lurks in the shadows, waiting to pounce. | 他潜伏在阴影里,等待机会袭击 |
[05:11] | But, you see, I was in a deep sleep, so I was… | 但是你瞧,我刚睡得挺香,所以我… |
[05:16] | What is this plan? How can I be of help? | 计划是什么?我能帮些什么? |
[05:18] | Kleinman. Kleinman. In, in, in, in. | 克莱曼,克莱曼,进去 进去 |
[05:23] | Kleinman, here. | 克莱曼,这里 |
[05:26] | I brought you some pepper. Pepper? What… | – 我给你带了一些胡椒粉 – 什么?胡椒粉? |
[05:28] | I overheard everything. | 我全部都听到了 |
[05:29] | If you’re caught by the maniac, blow pepper in his eyes. | 如果你被他抓到了,就用胡椒粉喷他的眼睛 |
[05:32] | Yes, very good. I’ll ward him off with a seasoning. | 好,非常好,我要用一种调味料让他束手就擒 |
[05:35] | This is ridiculous. I’m petrified. I’m not gonna go out. | 这可真是荒谬,我被吓到了,我不会出去的 |
[05:38] | Be a man, Kleinman. | 做一个真正的男人,克莱曼 |
[05:39] | What do you mean, be a man? | 你什么意思?做一个真正的男人? |
[05:40] | Suddenly, in the middle of the night, | 突然,大半夜 |
[05:41] | I gotta put on a suit and a tie and… | 我要穿上西装打上领带 |
[05:44] | What do you need a tie for? | 你为什么要打领带? |
[05:45] | You’re going to hunt for a homicidal maniac. | 你要去抓捕一个谋杀犯 |
[05:48] | Do I know who I’ll run into out there? What if I see my boss? | 我怎么知道我会碰见谁?要是我碰见了我的上司呢? |
[05:52] | You know, Mr. Paulsen is funny that way. | 鲍尔森先生这样真滑稽 |
[05:53] | And there’s a big competition | 这在我和西蒙卡尔之间 |
[05:55] | between me and Simon Carr for this promotion. | 是个很激烈的竞争 |
[05:58] | What are you killing yourself for that promotion? | 你冒生命危险为了一点提升有什么用? |
[06:00] | What does it mean? An extra few dollars? | 有什么用?多出来一点点钱? |
[06:02] | No, I told you. It isn’t the money. | 不,我告诉你,不是钱的问题 |
[06:04] | I wanna amount to something. | 我想弄清楚一点事 |
[06:05] | Why should Carr get the promotion? | 为什么卡尔应该得到晋升? |
[06:07] | You know, because he takes Paulsen to dinner all the time? | 就因为,他晴宝儿沈先生吃晚饭吗? |
[06:09] | I mean, you’re too frightened of Mr. Paulsen. | 你被鲍尔森吓怕了 |
[06:11] | You cringe in front of him like a worm. | 你在他面前就像条虫子一样 |
[06:13] | Well, he makes me nervous. And I don’t cringe. | 他使我紧张,我一点都不畏缩 |
[06:16] | Calling your boss “Your Majesty” is cringing. | 称你的上司为“我的王”就是畏缩 |
[06:18] | Stop it. I don’t like this. I don’t wanna have to go out. | 够了,我不喜欢这个,我不想出去 |
[06:22] | I was in a nice warm bed. Suddenly I’m part of a plan. | 我明明睡在暖和的床上,突然我就在计划之中了 |
[06:24] | When are you gonna come to your senses and marry me? | 你什么时候打算跟我结婚? |
[06:26] | You could tell your boss to stuff it | 你可以告诉你老板填满它 |
[06:28] | and you’d own half of this whole place. | 然后你就拥有了这一半的地盘 |
[06:30] | I’m not gonna marry you. | 我不会跟你结婚 |
[06:31] | I have a fiancée. What are you… | 我有未婚妻,你怎么 |
[06:33] | Some fiancée. | 很多未婚妻 |
[06:35] | Eve wants you for an ornament, if you get the promotion. | 伊芙想让你做他的饰物,如果你得到了晋升 |
[06:38] | Don’t… Don’t talk about Eve. | 别别别谈伊芙 |
[06:39] | I don’t wanna discuss this all the time. Eve is a lovely creature. | 我不想讨论这个,伊芙很可爱 |
[06:42] | Eve treats you like scum. Be careful. | 伊芙对你想残渣一样,小心点吧 |
[06:45] | I’d hate for them to find you in an alley | 我可不想他们在巷子里找着你 |
[06:46] | with your throat slit from ear to ear. | 发现你喉咙被割开到两个耳朵 |
[06:50] | Don’t worry about that. He mostly strangles. | 别为那个担心,他最多就是个扼杀者 |
[07:09] | Gee, it’s empty. | 天呐,这里一个人也没有 |
[07:11] | Where, where is everybody? | 他们都在那里? |
[07:14] | They’re supposed to be here. | 他们都应该在这 |
[07:17] | Where the hell did they go? | 他们都去哪了? |
[07:19] | The street’s so desolate. | 街上这么冷清 |
[07:23] | I don’t like this. I wanna get back into bed. | 我一点都不喜欢这样,我想回去睡觉 |
[07:27] | I can’t do that, though. | 但我又不能这样 |
[07:29] | If something goes wrong with their plan, they’ll say it’s my fault. | 那个计划如果出了问题,他们会说是我的错 |
[07:35] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[08:05] | I’m an artist. Every town we played in, I’d get huge laughs. | 我是个艺术家,在每一个表演过的地方, 都充满了笑声 |
[08:10] | And here, nothing. | 但是在这里,什么都没有 |
[08:12] | I mean, no one comes, and the few that do just sit there stone-faced. | 我是指,没人来看我们的表演 有的话,也只是一些铁青着脸的人 |
[08:15] | I know. I was very little appreciated myself. | 我知道,我自己也不是很欣赏 |
[08:18] | None of us were. | 没有人会的 |
[08:19] | Well, your specialty is quite different to mine. | 你的专业和我不太一样 |
[08:22] | I don’t know about that. I, I was thinking you can tell a lot | 我对那个不了解,我一直认为你可以跟观众说 |
[08:25] | about an audience by how they respond to a good sword-swallower. | 他们对一个吞剑者是什么样的反应 |
[08:28] | Mmm, believe me, nothing is more terrifying | 相信我,没有什么比这更可怕 |
[08:31] | than attempting to make people laugh, and failing. | 然后就努力的逗他们笑,然后又失败了 |
[08:34] | So, why do we put up with it? | 我们为什么还要表演呢? |
[08:35] | When we pull out tomorrow, why don’t we just tell Danzig we’re quitting? | 明天我们出发的时候,为什么不对坦泽说我们不干了 |
[08:40] | 然后去干嘛呢?To do what? | |
[08:41] | Well, settle down. | 唔……去找个地方安定下来 |
[08:43] | Where we don’t have to travel all the time, | 那样我们就不用四处奔波了 |
[08:45] | where it’s not such a grueling life. | 在那个不用受那么多苦的地方 |
[08:47] | Get married, you know. Live like other people. | 结婚,过着和普通人一样的生活 |
[08:50] | We’re not like other people. We’re artists. | 我们跟普通人不一样,我们是有着天赋 |
[08:55] | With great talent comes responsibility. | 和受人尊敬的艺术家 |
[08:57] | But it would be so nice. You could find a job someplace. | 但是那样真好,你可以在什么地方找个工作 |
[09:01] | But then doing what? Collecting other people’s refuse? | 然后做什么呢?被其他人拒绝吗? |
[09:04] | No. Sweeping the streets? | – 不 – 扫大街? |
[09:06] | Of course not. No, you’re clever. | 当然不是,不,你那么聪明 |
[09:08] | Somebody’d give you an opportunity. | 一定有人会给你一个机会的 |
[09:10] | But I have a rare opportunity now, to make people laugh. | 单位现在很少有机会,让人开怀大笑 |
[09:14] | To make them forget their sad lives. | 让人忘掉他们悲伤的生活 |
[09:17] | Listen, it’s not my fault that this stupid traveling show | 听着,那个愚蠢的移动表演不是我的错 |
[09:20] | is completely mismanaged. | 完全搞砸了 |
[09:23] | I’m sure Danzig steals every cent of profit. | 我敢肯定坦泽拿走了演出的每一分钱 |
[09:29] | I wanna have a baby. | 我想要个孩子 |
[09:30] | We’re going to have a baby, but not right now. | 我们会有一个孩子的,但不是现在 |
[09:33] | A family? That’s death to the artist. I need peace and quiet. | 家庭?那是艺术家的末路 我需要宁静和平和 |
[09:38] | I mean, you know, my mind… It’s funny… | 我的意思是,你知我的我想法很可笑 |
[09:42] | It’s just constantly filled with, um, | 我们的生活是连续不断的 |
[09:45] | new routines, ideas, gags, brilliant and creative twists. | 换新路线,新想法,新骗术 |
[09:49] | Why don’t you tell the truth? | 你为什么不说实话呢? |
[09:51] | You don’t want to get married. | 你根本不想结婚 |
[09:53] | So, you can play cards and flirt with all the adoring ladies. | 这样你就可以打牌,和你喜欢的女子调情 |
[09:57] | That’s not true. Oh, yes, it is. | – 哦不是这样 – 就是这样 |
[09:58] | I just want to… I have to make a name for myself first. | 我首先要给自己定个位 |
[10:01] | We will get… | 我们会结婚的 |
[10:05] | You know, I love you. | 你知道我爱你 |
[10:07] | No. You keep promising. | 不,你一直都在向我发誓 |
[10:09] | But soon it’s gonna be too late for me to have a baby. | 但是不久又太迟了,我就不能生小孩了 |
[10:13] | But, too… Don’t cry. | 但是……别哭了 |
[10:17] | Listen, I’ll talk to Danzig. | 好吧,我会去跟坦泽说的 |
[10:19] | You don’t mean it. | 你不是真会去说的 |
[10:21] | I do mean it. Stop. You know I can’t stand that. | 我真的会去,你知道我忍不了了 |
[10:24] | Don’t cry. | 别哭 |
[10:57] | The audience was too quiet tonight. | 那些观众今晚太安静了 |
[11:00] | I felt sorry for you. | 我感到很抱歉 |
[11:02] | You’re the only one they seem to like. | 你是他们唯一喜欢的人 |
[11:05] | Yeah, but I have my little tricks for seducing them. | 是的,我有一点小诡计 |
[11:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:12] | What are you doing wandering around out here? | 你在干嘛?在这闲逛? |
[11:15] | I was on my way to speak to Danzig. | 我正要去找坦泽 |
[11:18] | Mmm. | |
[11:20] | Like Irish whiskey? | 来点爱尔兰威士忌? |
[11:22] | Uh, yes, but my doctor says it’s very bad for my stomach. | 唔,好吧,但我的医生跟我说它对我的胃不好 |
[11:27] | Oh. That’s too bad. | 那太糟糕了 |
[11:32] | But, uh… | 但是…… |
[11:35] | It’s probably relaxing. | 也许它能让我放松 |
[11:49] | The most voluptuous woman in the circus. | 我们马戏团最艳丽的女子 |
[11:51] | It would be my luck she’d be married to the strongman. | 幸运的是她会嫁给一个强壮的男人 |
[11:55] | Don’t worry about Peter. He’s had a gallon of this already. | 别担心皮特,他已经酩酊大醉了 |
[12:03] | You know, sometimes when you’re up on the high wire, | 有时候你站在钢丝上的时候 |
[12:06] | I look at you. You look so… | 我看着你,你是如此的 |
[12:10] | Hmm. | 唔 |
[12:11] | 什么?What? | |
[12:12] | Mmm. Edible. | 唔,诱人 |
[12:18] | How hungry are you now? | 你现在有多饿 |
[12:20] | I’m always famished after a performance. And you? | 我在演出后总是饿极了,你呢? |
[12:25] | I can never sleep on an empty stomach. | 我空腹的时候总是难以入睡 |
[12:29] | Do you have a taste for anything special? | 你有特殊的爱好吗? |
[12:33] | I’m not fussy. I eat what you put in front of me. | 我不是很挑剔,你放在我面前的东西我都会吃 |
[12:38] | And you’re sure your husband won’t wake up? | 你确定,你的丈夫不会醒来吗? |
[12:40] | I mean, I have seen what he does to iron bars. | 铁棍都敲不醒他 |
[12:44] | Nothing wakes Peter up. | 没什么能叫醒皮特 |
[12:46] | Certainly not the sound of two people moaning. | 更别说两个人的呻吟声了 |
[13:02] | Oh, you. I thought I saw you come in here. | 你,我看见你进了这了! |
[13:05] | Hey… Rat! You rat! | -嘿 – 臭老鼠!,你这臭老鼠 |
[13:07] | Irmy! | |
[13:09] | You said you were going to Danzig. | 你说你去找坦泽了 |
[13:10] | You were supposed to go to Danzig. | 我以为你回去坦泽那里! |
[13:13] | Shh! My husband. Shh! | 嘘!别吵醒我的丈夫!嘘! |
[13:14] | 该死!Damn you! | |
[13:16] | Wait! We were talking about acrobatics. | 等等,我们在讨论杂技 |
[13:18] | Oh, acrobatics. | 哦!杂技! |
[13:20] | I was showing him how to do a backbend. | 我在教她如何弯腰 |
[13:21] | You never take your eyes off her. | 你视线从来没有离开过她 |
[13:23] | You’re always standing under her trapeze, looking up her legs. | 你永远站在她裙子下,看她的腿 |
[13:27] | I see you. | 我抓着你了! |
[13:28] | Because we’re planning this routine. | 那是因为我们在做一个计划 |
[13:30] | Sure you are. What do you take me for anyway? | 那是当然,你到底要我怎么样? |
[13:34] | And I wanted to have a baby with you. | 我想和你有一个孩子 |
[13:36] | I know. We’ll continue this later. | 我知道,我们一会儿继续 |
[13:38] | I know, but I don’t wanna have a baby. | – 一会儿?Later? – 我知道,但我不想有孩子了 |
[13:41] | Oh, you’re such a pig. I told you… | – 哦你这头蠢猪 – 我告诉你 |
[13:43] | You are a pig. | 你是头蠢猪! |
[13:44] | But, I told you a thousand times. | 但是我跟你说了多少遍了 |
[13:45] | I don’t want a baby with you anyway. | 我不会和你要孩子 |
[13:47] | I don’t want a baby if you were the last man on earth, | 哪怕你是世界上最后一个男人我都不会跟你生孩子 |
[13:50] | I don’t want a baby with you. | 我不想跟你生孩子 |
[13:52] | Good! | 好啊 |
[13:53] | You’re never gonna have to see me again. | 你永远都别想再见到我了 |
[13:55] | Good. Good riddance. | 好,好的很 |
[13:58] | I like my freedom. | 我喜欢自由 |
[14:06] | Oh, Doctor. | 哦,医生 |
[14:07] | What do you want, Kleinman? | 你想要什么,克莱曼? |
[14:08] | I’m sorry to disturb you. | 我很抱歉打扰你 |
[14:10] | Can I come in, just for a minute? | 我可以进来吗,就几分钟 |
[14:11] | Would it be possible? I have a question. | 我可以进来坐一会儿吗,我有个问题想问你 |
[14:15] | Are you in on the plan? | 你也是计划中的一员吗? |
[14:17] | Of course I am. | 我当然是 |
[14:18] | Didn’t you think I would be? | 难道你不认为我应该是吗? |
[14:20] | I wanna find out my assignment. | 我弄清到我的任务 |
[14:23] | Please, don’t disturb anything. | 请不要打乱任何事 |
[14:26] | No, no, no, I wouldn’t think of it. | 不不不,我不这么想 |
[14:27] | I just wanna find out my participation in the plan, you know. | 我只想知道,我在计划里的那一部分 |
[14:32] | Of course, I wouldn’t mind having a little drink though. | 当然,我并不介意喝一杯 |
[14:34] | A drink? | 喝一杯? |
[14:35] | You know, the fog. It’s a little damp. | 你知道的,这个雾让我觉得有点湿 |
[14:38] | So I, you know… | 所以我……你知道 |
[14:39] | But not if it’s an imposition. | 如果有点勉强就算了 |
[14:43] | You know, I’ve never been here before. | 你知道,我从没来过这 |
[14:45] | This is an interesting… | 你工作的地方真有趣 |
[14:49] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:50] | It’s cheerful. | 哈哈哈太高兴了 |
[14:52] | I’m performing an unusual amount of autopsies these days. | 我在做不同寻常的事,这段时间在解剖尸体 |
[14:56] | Yes, I’m sure. That’s probably what accounts for | 是的,我确定,这个就是为什么 |
[14:59] | so many of those human fingers lying around. | 这里这么多人的手指 |
[15:02] | You don’t generally see that. | 你还没看到全部的 |
[15:04] | I guess the, the maid doesn’t get in that often to straighten up, so… | 我想那个女仆不会经常来清理的 |
[15:09] | My interest in all this murder business is entirely scientific. | 我在谋杀上的兴趣,只是纯科学性的 |
[15:14] | I’m sure, I’m sure. | 我知道我知道 |
[15:16] | I’m determined to use this opportunity | 我下定决心利用这次的机会 |
[15:19] | to find out something definitive about | 来找出一些确定的东西 |
[15:23] | the nature of evil. | 罪恶的本质 |
[15:28] | Why is the killer the way he is? | 为什么杀手要那样行事? |
[15:31] | Sometimes certain impulses that can drive an insane man to murder | 有时候冲动能使一个人去杀人 |
[15:35] | inspire others to highly creative ends. | 激励其他人去做一个极有创造性的结局 |
[15:39] | Once I have him here, on this table, | 一旦我把他们放在这个桌子上 |
[15:43] | dismembered and scrutinized | 肢解并观察 |
[15:47] | in minute detail, | 不放过每一个细节 |
[15:50] | then I shall know the answer with certainty to questions | 然后我就会知道,每一个我正在考虑的 |
[15:53] | that now I can only speculate on. | 问题的答案 |
[15:57] | Yeah, but it’s not possible that under the microscope | 是的,可是。在显微镜下不可能 |
[16:01] | there’s something that you could never see? | 你有没有见到过你从来没见过的东西 |
[16:02] | What are you implying? Uh, a spiritual element? | 你在暗示什么?精神方面的东西? |
[16:07] | A soul that lives on after we’re dead? | 人死后还继续活着的灵魂吗? |
[16:12] | A God? | 一个神? |
[16:18] | Ask him if there’s anything else. | 问问他还有没有其他的东西 |
[16:23] | What are you thinking now? | 你现在在想什么? |
[16:25] | I just must remember next time | 我必须要记得 |
[16:28] | I go out to a restaurant… | 下一次我去参观的时候 |
[16:30] | ..not to order the sweetbreads. | 不要点牛杂 |
[16:34] | Kleinman, you’d better go. | 克莱曼,你最好走吧 |
[16:36] | The time is growing very short. | 时间不多了 |
[16:39] | So, there’s nothing you can tell me about my participation in the plan? | 所以,你什么关于计划的内容都不能告诉我吗? |
[16:47] | I’ll go. | 我就离开 |
[16:59] | The doctor was no help at all. | 这个医生一点帮助都没有 |
[17:02] | This is ridiculous. Where is everybody? | 这真是荒谬,人都到哪去了? |
[17:07] | Unless, this is part of the plan. | 除非,这也是计划的一部分 |
[17:11] | Maybe they have me under surveillance. | 他们可能是让我来监视的 |
[17:14] | If anything bad happens, they’ll come running out and grab me. | 如果发生了什么,他们会抛出来抓住我 |
[17:19] | Unless they don’t come running out. | 除非他们不出来 |
[17:21] | But they could never think that I’d be any match for a maniac. | 他们永远都想不到,我是那个疯子的监视者 |
[17:27] | A deranged person is supposed to have the strength of ten men. | 一个疯子,力量比十个男人还要大 |
[17:32] | I have the strength of one small boy with polio. | 而我的力量,跟一个小男孩差不多 |
[17:38] | Quiet, quiet, quiet! | 安静,安静,安静! |
[17:40] | It’s Bretschneider. He’s been strangled. | 这是布里切诺,他被掐死了 |
[17:43] | Shh! Shh! Shh! | 嘘嘘嘘 |
[17:44] | The killer may still be near. | 杀手可能就在附近 |
[18:12] | Poor Bretschneider. | 可怜的布里切诺 |
[18:15] | He had no enemies. | 他没有对头 |
[18:37] | Don’t be afraid. | 别害怕 |
[18:39] | Oh! | 哦! |
[18:40] | I’m sorry I scared you. | 我很抱歉我吓到了你 |
[18:42] | Oh, you… You really did scare me. | 啊,你,你确实吓到我了 |
[18:46] | I didn’t see you standing there in the shadows. | 我没看见你,站在阴影里 |
[18:50] | It’s such a foggy night. | 今晚的雾真大 |
[18:53] | I was just going into town. | 我要去镇上 |
[18:58] | You should be indoors. It’s not safe. | 你应该在屋里,在外面不安全 |
[19:02] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[19:06] | 那是什么?What was that? | |
[19:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:14] | What are you doing out here tonight? | 你今晚在外面干什么? |
[19:16] | I’m used to the streets. It’s how I make my living. | 我在街上拉客,这是我的工作 |
[19:21] | Oh. | 哦 |
[19:23] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的? |
[19:26] | Oh, I… I work with the circus. | 哦,我…我在马戏团工作 |
[19:30] | Well, you should have stayed there. | 好,你应该待在这 |
[19:32] | Don’t you know what’s lurking in this fog? | 你难道不知道雾中潜伏的东西吗? |
[19:34] | I’m never going back. | 我永远也不会回来 |
[19:38] | Oh, I see. | 哦,这样 |
[19:41] | That’s how it is. | 就这样 |
[19:43] | Except I have no place to sleep. | 除非我没地方睡觉 |
[19:45] | And I’m getting cold. | 我好冷 |
[19:50] | Come on, I’ll find you a place at the house. | 来吧,我在这屋子里给你找个地方 |
[19:52] | The house? | 这屋子? |
[19:53] | The whorehouse. | 妓院 |
[19:55] | Me? | 我? |
[19:56] | It’s warm. You’ll get something to eat. | 里面很暖和,你可以找点东西吃 |
[19:58] | It’s a lot safer in there than it is out here. | 里面比外面安全多了 |
[20:01] | Come on. Stop looking at me like that. | 来吧,别再这样看着我了 |
[20:03] | You’ll have your privacy. | 你可以有自己的隐私 |
[20:06] | Hi, everybody. This is Irmy. | 嗨,各位,这是Irmy |
[20:09] | She’s with the circus. She needs a place to flop tonight. | 她是马戏团里的,需要一个地方度过今天晚上 |
[20:12] | What do you do in the circus, huh? | 你在马戏团里是干嘛的? |
[20:14] | I’m a sword-swallower. | 我是个吞剑者 |
[20:16] | A sword-swallower? That’s my specialty, too. | 一个吞剑者?那也是我的专长 |
[20:18] | Yeah. She’s pretty good at everything. | 是啊,她最擅长这个了 |
[20:20] | You hungry? | 你饿吗? |
[20:21] | Yes, starving. | 是,饿极了 |
[20:22] | Good. Just in time for dinner. | 好,一会儿就吃晚饭 |
[20:24] | We got some stew. Come on. | 我们准备了些炖汤,来吧 |
[20:27] | I don’t mind spanking them. | 我一点都不介意使他们亢奋 |
[20:29] | Oh, I do. | 哦我介意 |
[20:30] | But when I have to speak in the nanny’s voice… | 但是我睡过的一个娘娘腔 |
[20:32] | Wait, wait, the strangest one that I ever had | 等等 等等,我睡过的最奇怪的一个 |
[20:34] | was when I had to make believe that I was twins. | 是让我假装我是双胞胎 |
[20:36] | Twins? | 双胞胎? |
[20:37] | I’ve never worked so hard. | 我从来没有那样卖力过 |
[20:38] | Well, he should’ve hired the Beckman sisters. | 她应该雇贝克曼姐妹 |
[20:40] | Oh! – They’re identical triplet whores. | – 她们同样是三个妓女 |
[20:41] | They cost a fortune, though. | 他们值很多钱 |
[20:42] | Oh, I hear they’re on special call to a sultan in Morocco. | 我听见她们在打一个特殊的电话,给摩洛哥的一个苏丹 |
[20:45] | Why would any man want identical whores? | 哪一个男人会要同一个妓女 |
[20:48] | If you’re gonna hire two or three women, wouldn’t you want some variety? | 如果你嫖了三个女人,难道不想有点变化吗? |
[20:51] | The worst was the businessman | 最糟糕的就是来自 |
[20:52] | from Budapest… – Oh! | – 布达佩斯的商人 |
[20:54] | …and his crazy fantasies. | 和他们不切实际的白日梦 |
[20:56] | He sent me out at 3:00 in the morning | 他在凌晨三点赶我出去 |
[20:57] | to see if I could buy six pounds of butter. | 看看是否能买到6磅黄油 |
[20:59] | I had to walk him on a leash. | 我用皮带勒他们 |
[21:03] | They all look so innocent and dignified | 他们看起来是那样的无辜和高尚 |
[21:05] | when they walk in here, don’t they? | 当他们在那里出现的时候,不是吗? |
[21:07] | Then you hear the things they want you to do. | 然后你听到了他们要你做的事情 |
[21:10] | I think this is shocking Irmy. | 我想着有点吓着Irmy了 |
[21:12] | Is it? – No, no, no. Not at all. | – 是这样嘛?不,不,一点都不 |
[21:14] | No. I was just… I was just thinking that, | 不,我只是在想,对于我来说 |
[21:16] | for me, I just don’t think it would be possible, | 我想那并不可能 |
[21:19] | for me to, you know, just take money from someone | 对于我,从别人那里拿钱 |
[21:22] | and then pretend to feel passion. | 然后装作很热情 |
[21:24] | I just don’t think I could do it. | 我只是不觉得我能这样做 |
[21:26] | I never thought I could either. | 我也从来没想过 |
[21:28] | Till my husband needed an operation. We had no money. | 直到我丈夫需要做一个手术,而我们没有钱 |
[21:31] | You’re married? | 你结婚了? |
[21:32] | Yeah, I was. | 是的,我结了 |
[21:34] | After he pulled through, realized how I’d paid the hospital, he left me. | 他痊愈了之后,知道了我是如何支付医疗费了,就离开了我 |
[21:40] | Yeah, good riddance. | 太好了,终于解脱了 |
[21:41] | Well, so, that they’d… The customers don’t mind | 他们……顾客从不介意 |
[21:44] | that it’s just all mechanical? | 已经麻木了 |
[21:47] | Without any feeling or anything? | 没有其他的感觉或者什么吗? |
[21:50] | Mind? Ours is the only business | 感觉?我们只是在做生意 |
[21:51] | that hasn’t been affected by the killings. | 那对杀人也不会产生什么影响 |
[21:53] | That’s right. There’s only one thing men will brave murder for. | 只有一件事能使男人有勇气去杀人 |
[21:57] | That little furry animal between our legs. | 就是我们双腿间的黑森林 |
[22:00] | Now, let me tell you something. | 亲爱的,让我告诉你 |
[22:01] | Men and women want very different things out of sex. | 男人和女人从性爱中想要的是不同的东西 |
[22:04] | Oh, that’s for sure. | 哦,那是当然 |
[22:05] | They’ve never forgiven each other. Uh-huh. | – 他们从来都不会互相谅解 |
[22:07] | Well, where… Where would you say love came in? | 那么……爱情从哪来呢 |
[22:10] | Oh, now, there’s only one kind of love that lasts | 只有一种爱可以长久 |
[22:12] | that’s unrequited love. It stays with you forever. | 不要报酬的爱,那可以持续到永远 |
[22:14] | Oh. – You take it from me. | – 哦,那正是我想说的 |
[22:16] | Oh, Dorry! You’re pitiful. | 哦,多莉,你多么让人同情 |
[22:19] | You don’t mean that. – I do. | – 你不是这个意思 我是 |
[22:20] | No, she’s just bitter about marriage. | 不,她只是痛恨婚姻 |
[22:22] | I am not bitter. | 我不是痛恨 |
[22:23] | Yeah, you are. – Uh-uh. | – 不,你是 |
[22:25] | Marriage. Let me tell ya. | 婚姻,我告诉你们 |
[22:27] | Let me tell you gals somethin’ about marriage. | 然我告诉你们关于婚姻 |
[22:29] | You gotta work at marriage. I mean, like anything else. | 结婚就是工作,跟其他的事情一样 |
[22:31] | A good marriage takes a lot of work. | 一段好的婚姻费很大的力气 |
[22:33] | When it starts feeling like work, it’s over. | 当它开始感觉像工作的时候,就结束了 |
[22:35] | No. Come on. – No, it’s all luck. | – 不,都是运气 |
[22:39] | It’s all luck. – Why? | -都是运气?为什么? |
[22:40] | We’re all so dependent on luck. | 我们都依赖于运气 |
[22:43] | I would rather not admit that, if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意,我并不认同这个 |
[22:45] | How… How can it all be luck? | 怎么会…怎么会都是靠运气? |
[22:49] | Well, let’s say this guy… – Yeah. | – 好吧,让我们来谈谈这个家伙 |
[22:51] | …likes to be sat on. | 他喜欢在女人上面 |
[22:54] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[22:55] | And ridden around the room by a naked woman | 被一个一丝不挂的女人在房间里折磨 |
[22:57] | who keeps digging her spurs into his… | 用她的那个部位一直刺激他 |
[23:00] | …into his side. | 不停的刺激他 |
[23:01] | Yeah, Dorry. Show her your spurs, Dorry. | 是,多莉,给你的那个部位给他,多莉 |
[23:07] | What does he do? He meets maybe 50 women | 那他做什么?他大概见过50个女人 |
[23:09] | and when he tells them, they faint or they laugh. | 然后当他告诉他们他是做什么的时候,她们全都晕倒或者哈哈大笑 |
[23:11] | Or both. | 或者二者都是 |
[23:13] | And then they die. | 然后她们就死了 |
[23:14] | Maybe a few good sports, | 可能只有很少的运动 |
[23:16] | you know, do it just to please him, | 能使他高兴 |
[23:17] | but sooner or later they say “What the hell is this?” | 但是迟早,他们会说:“这是什么鬼东西” |
[23:20] | “I’m riding around on a man’s back.” | 我骑在那个男人的背上 |
[23:24] | “This is insane.” | 这太疯狂了 |
[23:27] | “And my, my spurs are getting, you know, blunt.” | 然后你们知道,我的那个部位就硬了 |
[23:32] | Bloody. | 流血 |
[23:33] | And then one day he meets a woman | 然后有一天,他碰见了一个女人 |
[23:35] | who gets her own erotic pleasure | 通过调情 |
[23:37] | by putting on spurs and riding men around. | 给他欢乐的女人 |
[23:40] | It’s a marriage made in heaven. Sheer bliss. | 婚姻就走到了尽头,谢天谢地 |
[23:43] | You know, Paul is… – But what are their chances? | – 你知道,保罗非常……但是婚姻的出路在哪? |
[23:46] | My boyfriend, Paul, he’s really sweet. | 我的男朋友,保罗,他真的很甜 |
[23:49] | It’s just that he’s an artist, you know. | 但是他是一个艺术家,你知道的 |
[23:52] | And, a family’s death to an artist. | 然而,家庭是艺术家的末路 |
[23:56] | I can understand that. | 我能够理解 |
[24:01] | I’m sure you’d all find him very funny. He’s really something. | 我肯定你们都会觉得他非常有趣,他是真的有才华 |
[24:07] | Except when I see him out there… | 只是我在外面看到他在外面 |
[24:09] | In his makeup, | 化了妆之后 |
[24:11] | just getting knocked around, and falling into a big tub of water, | 到处敲锣打鼓,然后掉进了一个大水缸 |
[24:16] | with all the people laughing, | 接着人们大笑 |
[24:18] | ,I can only think he must have suffered so to act like that. | 我只能想,他一定是受了太多伤,才能那样 |
[24:24] | Ah, finally. The rent. | 最后,收租的 |
[24:33] | We got exams. | 我们碰见测试了 |
[24:38] | There’s more in back. – Is that right? | – 后面还有更多,是嘛? |
[24:39] | Yeah, we’re just the welcoming committee. | 是啊,我们组成了一个欢迎委员会 |
[24:41] | Well, does that mean that I have my choice? | 那意味着我可以选择吗? |
[24:43] | Mmm. | 唔 |
[24:50] | Your credit’s always good, Jack. | 你的信用一向很好,杰克 |
[24:53] | Who’s the new girl? | 新的女孩是哪位? |
[24:55] | She doesn’t work here. | 她不是在这工作的 |
[24:58] | God, she’s beautiful. | 上帝,她真漂亮 |
[24:59] | She doesn’t work here, Jack. | 她不在这工作,杰克 |
[25:02] | I want her. | 我要她 |
[25:06] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[25:09] | I’ll give you anything you want. | 我可以给你任何你想要的 |
[25:13] | Me? – Mmm-hmm. | – 我? 嗯哼 |
[25:15] | Oh… | 哦… |
[25:16] | Oh, no, I’m just spending the night here. | 哦不,我只是在这里过夜 |
[25:19] | Well, that’s all I plan to do. | 那也正是我计划的 |
[25:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:23] | I’ll give you $20. | 我可以给你20块 |
[25:25] | I’m afraid not. | 我恐怕不行 |
[25:27] | Fifty. – Sorry. | – 50,抱歉 |
[25:29] | Fifty. – Not that I’m not flattered. | – 50,不,我不是出来卖的 |
[25:31] | It’s very nice of you. | 你真不错 |
[25:34] | Hundred dollars. | 100块 |
[25:35] | Jack, she’s not a professional. | 杰克,她不是出来卖的 |
[25:40] | Two hundred dollars. | 200块 |
[25:43] | These rich crazies. | 这些有钱的疯子 |
[25:45] | University students. | 大学生 |
[25:47] | They wear you out before you get to the back room. | 他们会给你打扮,在你去后屋之前 |
[25:49] | I’ll give you $500 to spend an hour with me. | 我可以给你500块,可以让我们大家都陪你 |
[25:51] | I’ll spend the rest of the year with you for $500. | 500块今年剩下的时间我能都陪你 |
[25:54] | That certainly is an exorbitant sum. | 那是相当一大笔钱 |
[25:56] | You’re worth it. | 你值这个价 |
[25:57] | How do you know? I might be very disappointing. | 你怎么知道,我也许会让你失望 |
[26:02] | Six hundred. Cash. | 600块,现金! |
[26:03] | Can’t you hear? | 你怎么了?你听不见吗?What’s wrong with you? |
[26:05] | She said she wasn’t interested. | 她说她不感兴趣 |
[26:07] | You know, you just might be a little drunk. | 你知道,你只是有一点醉了 |
[26:10] | Listen, you’re the most desirable woman I’ve ever met. | 听着,你是我见过的,最渴望的姑娘 |
[26:13] | I wanna make love to you. I’ll give you $700. | 我想和你做爱,我可以给你700块 |
[26:15] | You can have all of us for 700. | 700快你可以嫖我们所有人 |
[26:17] | We’ll even throw in the dog, too. | 我们甚至还可以加上一条狗 |
[26:20] | Seven hundred dollars, it’s all I won in cards tonight. It’s for you. | 700块,这是我今晚打牌赢得所有钱,都给你 |
[26:23] | Jack, you’re making a fool of yourself. | 杰克, 你在自讨没趣 |
[26:25] | Some people can’t be bought, | 一些人是不能用钱买的 |
[26:26] | not for any amount of money. | 不是花钱就可以搞定的 |
[26:28] | Listen, you’re really the most sensual woman I’ve ever seen. | 听着,你是我见过的最性感的姑娘 |
[26:31] | It’s a quick $700. | 很快就能赚到700 |
[26:33] | Go right there in the back room. | 只用去一下后屋 |
[26:38] | What do you say? | 你说什么? |
[26:43] | Let me see the 700. | 让我看看700块 |
[26:45] | Oh, whoo! | 喔—— |
[26:59] | Can we use the back room? | 我们可以用后屋吗? |
[27:00] | Oh-ho-ho! | 喔喔喔 |
[27:38] | How did you get in? | 你是怎么进来的? |
[27:40] | Did you think you could keep me out? | 你难道觉得你可以把我挡在外面吗? |
[27:43] | So, I’m the next on your list? | 既然这样,我是你名单上的下一个吗? |
[27:46] | What list? | 什么名单? |
[27:50] | I can’t quite see your face. | 我不能看到你全部的脸 |
[27:53] | What difference does that make? | 那有什么区别呢? |
[27:56] | Do you think I fear you? | 你觉得我害怕你吗? |
[28:00] | Does that give you pleasure? | 这给你快感了么? |
[28:03] | Although I admit, | 虽然我承认 |
[28:05] | I was taken a little bit by surprise. | 我有一点惊讶 |
[28:15] | I see, you’re very determined. | 我了解,你非常果敢 |
[28:22] | And yet I feel no fear. | 但直到现在我并不害怕 |
[28:26] | Only pity for you. | 只是为你感到遗憾 |
[28:27] | You mean for you. | 你指为你 |
[28:30] | Why are you doing this? | 为什么做这个 |
[28:33] | Oh… | 哦…… |
[28:35] | What a foolish question to ask an irrational mind. | 多么愚蠢的问题啊,去问一个疯了的心 |
[28:38] | What do you know about my mind? | 你对我的内心知道多少 |
[28:40] | I know that if I were to examine the inside of your brain, | 如果让我检查,我会知道的 |
[28:46] | I should find chaos. | 在你的大脑里面,我可以找到残渣 |
[28:49] | And yet I am anxious to know where insanity stops | 我飞翔渴望知道,疯狂何时停止 |
[28:52] | and evil begins. | 而罪恶何时开始 |
[28:53] | So many questions. | 太多问题了 |
[29:02] | Oh… | 啊 |
[29:18] | Oh… | 啊 |
[29:55] | No! | 不 |
[29:57] | No! No! | 不!不! |
[30:00] | No! | 不! |
[30:05] | Ahhh! | 啊! |
[30:25] | Well, you’re $700 richer. | 你现在是个700块富翁了 |
[30:29] | You can start a new life. | 你可以开始一段新的生活 |
[30:32] | God, I’m thirsty. | 天呐,我真渴 |
[30:36] | You were wonderful. – Mmm. | – 你真是太棒了 |
[30:39] | Thank you, but it’s not necessary that I be wonderful. | 谢谢你,不过太棒对我没有必要 |
[30:41] | I was paying. | 我付过钱了 |
[30:42] | Still. | 现在依然 |
[30:45] | Listen, tell me the truth. | 听着,告诉我真相 |
[30:47] | Did you close your eyes and grit your teeth and think of the cash? | 你真的对这些钱,视若无睹吗? |
[30:52] | Well, at first I did, yes. | 唔……先开始,是的 |
[30:56] | But then I think I just, I think I just relaxed into it. | 可是后来,我在其中也很放松 |
[30:59] | Now I feel so strange, though. | 虽然我现在感觉很奇怪 |
[31:02] | Strange in what way? | 怎么样的奇怪? |
[31:04] | I don’t know. Not like me. | 我不知道,这一点都不像我 |
[31:08] | Not like you. | 不像你? |
[31:11] | Or was it the real you for the first time? | 或者这是第一次你认识真的你 |
[31:16] | All right. Come on. Come on. Let’s go. Come on. | 也对,快点,快点,我们走 |
[31:20] | Come on. Where’s the next one? | 来吧,下一个在哪? |
[31:22] | Come on. Let’s go. Come on. | 来吧,我们走,来吧 |
[31:23] | Come on, hurry up, hurry up. | 来吧,快点 快点 |
[31:24] | What is this? What’s going on here? | 这是什么,这里发生了什么? |
[31:27] | Social undesirables. | 社会不欢迎的 |
[31:28] | The police said they may be involved in the killings. | 经常说,他们可能与杀人案有关系 |
[31:31] | That’s the Mintz family. I know them. | 那是明茨家,我认识他们 |
[31:34] | They’re very lovely people. | 他们是非常和善的人 |
[31:35] | He does quality circumcisions. I’ve seen his work. | 他做了好多次报批切除,我看着他工作过 |
[31:38] | If I were you, I’d mind my own business. | 如果我是你,我会先管好我自己 |
[31:41] | Well, this is crazy. | 好吧,这真是太疯狂了 |
[31:43] | They’re not… They can’t be responsible for the killings. | 他们不会…他们没道理跟杀人有关 |
[31:46] | I’m gonna speak to the chief of police. | 我会去跟警察的头说说 |
[31:48] | My theory is that if they take them to jail, | 我认为如果他们吧那些人都扔进监狱 |
[31:50] | all these killings might stop. | 那谋杀案件可能会停止 |
[32:03] | Kleinman. Did you wanna speak to me? | 克莱曼,你想跟我说些什么吗? |
[32:05] | Would that be possible? | 可以吗? |
[32:07] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[32:08] | Oh, thank you. Thank you. | 哦,谢谢你,谢谢你 |
[32:09] | You’re up rather late. – I know. | – 你起来得很晚 我知道 |
[32:11] | Don’t you have to work tomorrow? | 你明天必须要工作吗? |
[32:13] | Yes, I do have to go to work, but I… | 是的,我必须去上班,可是我… |
[32:15] | You’re not involved with one of those various street gangs? | 你和这个没有关系,和街上的一伙人没有关系? |
[32:18] | No. The vigilantes? | 不,义务警员? |
[32:20] | Oh, you know? – Uh… | – 哦,你知道?额… |
[32:23] | Well, you hear stories, you know, but… | 你听到了些故事,你知道,可是 |
[32:25] | I’m against them. | 我反对他们 |
[32:26] | Yes, no, I am, too. | 不,我也是 |
[32:27] | Good. | 好 |
[32:29] | What did you want? I’m very busy. | 你想要什么?我很忙 |
[32:31] | I don’t wanna take up any of your time. | 我不想浪费你的时间 |
[32:33] | I just wanted to discuss the Mintz family if I could. | 如果可以我只是想讨论一下明茨家 |
[32:36] | Oh, yes. Unfortunate. | 哦是的,太不幸了 |
[32:39] | There may be a connection between all these killings | 可能与这些杀人案 |
[32:41] | and certain well-poisoning incidents. You understand. | 和中毒案之间,有联系 |
[32:44] | 但是这些指控都是错的,我是说,那不是真的 | |
[32:48] | Maybe they are, maybe they’re not. What do you know about it? | 也许是的,也许不是,你又怎么知道 |
[32:52] | Well, I don’t know anything. | 好吧,我什么都不知道 |
[32:54] | myself have no personal knowledge of anything. | I我自己什么都不知道 |
[32:56] | But the Mintzes are lovely people. | 可是明茨家都是好人 |
[32:58] | Don’t look so apprehensive, Kleinman. | 不要只看表象,克莱曼 |
[33:01] | It’ll probably never go any deeper than the more orthodox elements. | 看来没有到更深的一层 |
[33:07] | You see, nobody’s guilty of anything. | 你看,没人想犯罪 |
[33:10] | Kleinman, there’s pressure on me | 克莱曼,去查明案件的真相 |
[33:12] | to get to the bottom of these killings. | 给了我很大的压力 |
[33:13] | You’re not worried, are you? | 你并不担心,是吗? |
[33:15] | No one lumps you in with the Mintzes. | 没人认为你跟明茨家有关 |
[33:16] | You’re fine. So don’t get your nose dirty. | 你很好,别让自己惹上事 |
[33:19] | You know, besides, I have my own theories about what’s going on. | 你知道的,除此之外,我有自己的见解 |
[33:22] | The doctor’s been murdered. | 医生被谋杀了 |
[33:25] | We think there may be someone trying to copy the murderer. | 我们认为是有可能有人想复制这起谋杀 |
[33:29] | We found a glass with fingerprints on it. | 我们找到了一块带有指纹的杯子 |
[33:31] | What kind of glass? – It’s a sherry glass. | – 哪种杯子?大酒杯 |
[33:33] | How many prints? – We got a lot of prints. | – 有多少指纹?我们得到了很多指纹 |
[33:34] | Prints on the glass? | 杯子上的指纹? |
[33:35] | We got fingerprints all over the glass. | 我们在整个杯子上都得到了指纹 |
[34:07] | Okay, I’m coming. You don’t have to push me. | 好了我进来了,你不必推我 |
[34:10] | Will you just let go of me? | 现在可以放我走了吗? |
[34:11] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 我要告诉你多少遍 |
[34:13] | Hey, Bok, you need handcuffs? | 嘿,伯克,你需要手铐吗? |
[34:14] | I don’t work at the brothel. | 我不在妓院工作 |
[34:16] | What’s this? | 那这是什么? |
[34:17] | Turning tricks at Felice’s place. No license. | 在菲利斯的地盘,还想骗人,没有身份证 |
[34:19] | I work at the circus. | 我在马戏团工作 |
[34:21] | Stand there. She’s loaded with cash. – The circus. | – 站在那,她拿着一箱现金 马戏团 |
[34:23] | Where’s a dame like you get big money? | 你从哪得到这么些现金的? |
[34:25] | Well, I… – Yeah, we know. | – 额我……是的,我们知道 |
[34:27] | What did you do? The whole regiment? | 你干了什么?在整个范围内 |
[34:28] | Very funny, very funny. – Look at this one. | -非常有趣,非常有趣,看这个 |
[34:30] | I work at the circus. | 我在马戏团工作 |
[34:31] | You’d think they’d cool off with all this going on here. | 你觉得他们冷静下来了,就继续 |
[34:33] | I haven’t seen you around here before, | 我以前没在这周围看见你 |
[34:34] | so I’m gonna go easy on you. Fifty dollar fine. | 所以我会优待你,50块就可以了 |
[34:36] | I don’t work at the brothel. – Uh-huh. | -我不在妓院工作 |
[34:38] | Put some handcuffs on her. | 给她戴上手铐吧 |
[34:39] | Okay, here. | 好吧,给你 |
[34:41] | Fifty dollars, fifty dollars, okay. | 50块,50块,行了 |
[34:44] | But I don’t work at the brothel. – Let me give you a piece of advice. | – 但是我不在妓院工作! 让我给你一个建议 |
[34:46] | Can I go home now, please? | 我可以回家了吗请问? |
[34:47] | You don’t solicit around here unless you got a license. | 你不能在这附近转,除非你有了身份证 |
[34:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:51] | We like things hygienic and well-regulated. | 我们想要很好的管理 |
[34:53] | I’ll give you a receipt. What’s your name? | 我会给你收据,你叫什么名字 |
[34:55] | I don’t need a license. – What’s your name? | – 我不需要身份证 你叫什么名字 |
[34:56] | Irmy. – How do you spell it? | – Irmy 怎么拼? |
[34:58] | I-R-M-Y. I don’t need a license. | I-R-M-Y 我不需要身份证 |
[35:02] | – 冷静 我在马戏团工作 | |
[35:03] | You’re not getting a license. You’re getting a receipt. | 你不需要一张身份证,只是给你一张收据 |
[35:05] | Now just be quiet. | 现在保持安静 |
[35:06] | You work here, you need a license. | 你在这工作,你需要身份证 |
[35:07] | Boy, this is ridiculous. | 孩子,这真是荒谬 |
[35:34] | What are you staring at? | 你站在那干嘛? |
[35:36] | Me? | 我? |
[35:37] | I’m not a whore. | 我不是一个妓女 |
[35:39] | What did I say? You know… | 我说什么了?你知道 |
[35:41] | Do I care what your hobbies are? | 我在乎你的爱好是什么? |
[35:43] | I… I’m just… You know… | 我……我只是,你知道的 |
[35:46] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗? |
[35:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:49] | It’s not safe to be out on the street tonight, you know. | 今晚在街上并不安全 |
[35:51] | Then what are you doing out? | 那你为什么要在街上游荡 |
[35:53] | Well, I’m part of a citizens’ committee | 恩……我是市民委员会的一员 |
[35:55] | to patrol the streets, so it’s okay for me. | 来巡视街道 |
[35:58] | Are you from around here? | 你是周围的人嘛? |
[35:59] | No, I’m with the circus. | 不,我是跟着马戏团的 |
[36:02] | The circus? Really? | 马戏团?真的? |
[36:04] | I saw the circus. Which one are you? | 我看到马戏团了,哪一个是你? |
[36:08] | I’m the sword-swallower. | 我是吞剑者 |
[36:10] | The sword-swallower, I didn’t recognize you. | 吞剑者 我没认出来你 |
[36:11] | You look completely different. | 你看起来完全不一样 |
[36:13] | Well, I know. I wear a beautiful costume and my hair is different. | 我知道,我穿了一件很漂亮的演出服,我的头发也不一样了 |
[36:18] | I went to see Almstead the magician | 我去看了魔术 |
[36:20] | because he’s a favorite of mine. | 因为他是我最喜欢的一个 |
[36:21] | I’m an amateur magician myself. | 我是一个业余魔术爱好者 |
[36:23] | You know, just something I do in my spare time. | 你知道的,就是我消磨业余时间的一件事情 |
[36:25] | And I idolize him. He’s an artist, a great artist. | 我非常崇拜他,他是个艺术家,大艺术家 |
[36:27] | Yeah, he’s an artist when he’s sober. | 是啊,他冷静的时候是个艺术家 |
[36:29] | Well, you know… | 好吧你知道…… |
[36:30] | Listen, is there a hotel or something around here? | 听着,着周围有什么嘛? |
[36:32] | I had a fight with my boyfriend. | 我和我男朋友争吵了一番 |
[36:35] | It’s late. | 太晚了 |
[36:36] | So, when you have the sword down your throat, | 当你吞剑的时候 |
[36:39] | what happens if you get hiccups? | 你打嗝怎么办 |
[36:53] | Jesus. You know, I don’t know my way around this part of town. | 我对镇上的这一片地方不是很熟 |
[36:56] | I don’t think there’s gonna be | 我觉得没有一家旅馆 |
[36:58] | a hotel open at this hour, you know. | 这个时候还开着门 |
[37:01] | I think I should wake up my fiancée | 我想我应该叫醒我的未婚妻 |
[37:02] | and you could sleep on the sofa. | 然后你可以睡在沙发上 |
[37:03] | Oh, no, I don’t want to wake anybody up. | 哦,不,我不想叫醒任何人 |
[37:05] | She would be glad to. | 她会很乐意这样做的 |
[37:07] | You know, it’s… It’s so foggy. | 你知道,雾太大了 |
[37:10] | He strikes in the fog, you know. | 他藏在雾中 |
[37:14] | You didn’t hear anything, did you? | 你听到任何声音了吗? |
[37:15] | Footsteps. – You’re so tense. | – 脚步声 你太紧张了 |
[37:17] | Well, I’m usually in bed, you know, this time of night. | 好吧,这个时候,你知道的,我通常睡在床上 |
[37:21] | What would you do | 如果你碰见了杀手 |
[37:23] | if you came face to face with the killer? | 你会怎么做? |
[37:25] | I’d throw pepper in his eyes. | 我会向他的眼睛里洒胡椒粉 |
[37:27] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[37:28] | My landlady put some pepper in my pocket. | 我的房东给我带了些胡椒粉 |
[37:30] | I think I could handle myself. | 我想我可以应付 |
[37:32] | Kleinman! | 克莱曼! |
[37:35] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛? |
[37:36] | Oh, my God! You scared me. | 哦,天呐,你吓到我了 |
[37:38] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[37:40] | She’s just a friend. | 她只是一位朋友 |
[37:41] | Do you happen to know my assignment? | 你知道我的任务是什么了吗? |
[37:44] | Who gave you permission to socialize? | 是让你在这乱搞关系吗? |
[37:45] | I’m not socializing. | 我没有乱搞关系 |
[37:47] | You know, she’s… Maybe you recognize her. She’s with the circus. | 你知道…她是,也许你认识她,她是马戏团里的 |
[37:50] | She’s the sword-swallower. | 她是吞剑者 |
[37:52] | She’s unescorted. I was just walking next to her. | 她没有人陪,我就走在她旁边 |
[37:55] | We’re getting closer to the zero hour. | 马上就要到零点了 |
[37:57] | Yeah? So what do I do? | 是吗?我该做些什么? |
[37:59] | Don’t you know? – No. That’s the point. | – 你难道不知道吗?不,这才是关键 |
[38:01] | You know, you got me up, in the middle of the night | 你把我大半夜的喊起来 |
[38:03] | and no one’s told me what I’m supposed to be doing. | 却没有一个人告诉我我该做些什么 |
[38:05] | Kleinman, I swear, if anyone is killed or hurt | 克莱曼,我发誓,如果任何一个人被杀了或者被伤害了 |
[38:07] | as a result of your incompetence. | 那都是你失职 |
[38:09] | No, I don’t know enough to be incompetent. | 不,我根本不知道我的职责所在 |
[38:11] | You know, they don’t tell me what I’m supposed to… | 你知道,根本没人告诉我我该做什么 |
[38:12] | All right, just don’t make a noise, and listen to me. | 好吧好吧,不要出声,听我说 |
[38:14] | There is someone lurking up the alley. | 有人潜伏在巷子里 |
[38:18] | Well… | 嗯… |
[38:20] | Shall I just start weeping or would you like me to break into a run? | 我该开始巡逻吗?或者你介意我跑吗? |
[38:24] | It’s a chance to trap him. Whoever it is. | 不管是谁,这是个抓住他的好机会 |
[38:26] | No. I don’t wanna trap anybody. | 不,我不想抓住谁 |
[38:27] | We’ll get reinforcements. There’s three of us only. | 我们会得到增援的,只有我们三个人 |
[38:30] | What they say about you isn’t true, is it? | 他们说的关于你的事并不属实对吧 |
[38:32] | a coward or a worm or a yellow-belly? | 你并不是一个真的懦夫吧?You’re not really |
[38:37] | No, but keep going. You’re in the right column. | 不,继续走,你在正确的道路上 |
[38:42] | All right, I’ll circle around the block. | 好的,我会沿着街区巡视 |
[38:44] | You head straight up the alley. | 你笔直地往巷子里走 |
[38:45] | No, I don’t wanna do this. No, this is, this is trouble. | 不,我不想这样,这太恐怖了 |
[38:47] | I can go with you. – No! She’s gonna go with me. | -我可以跟你一起走 不,她可以跟你一起走 |
[38:50] | What good are you? You’re a small woman. | 你真好,你就是个小女人 |
[38:52] | She’s gonna, you know… – I’m okay. | – 她会跟你……你知道,好吧我可以 |
[38:54] | You go first. It’ll throw his timing off if he sees a body. | 你先走,如果你看见任何人,他会吓掉魂的 |
[38:59] | Go on, Kleinman. | 走吧克莱曼 |
[39:00] | It’ll take me a moment or two to get round the other side. | 我要花点时间,走到那边去 |
[39:08] | Keep ahead of me. | 继续带路 |
[39:14] | Shh! | 嘘…… |
[39:16] | Those are my knees knocking. | 那是我膝盖打颤的声音 |
[39:21] | Stay calm. The trick is not to show fear. | 保持冷静,诀窍是不要表现出害怕 |
[39:35] | There he is! Look! | 那就是他,快看 |
[39:38] | Grab him! Grab him! | 抓住他 抓住他 |
[39:46] | Kleinman! – Mr. Paulsen! | – 克莱曼! 鲍尔森先生 |
[39:48] | You know him? | 你认识他? |
[39:49] | This is my boss. He’s the head of my firm. | 他是我的上司,是我们公司的头 |
[39:51] | What are you doing here? – I’m part of the plan, Your Grace. | – 你在这里干嘛 我是计划的一部分 |
[39:54] | Why did you attack me? – I thought… | – 你为什么打我,我想… |
[39:56] | “Thought”? Since when do you think, Kleinman? | 想?你什么时候会思考了 克莱曼 |
[39:58] | Yes, you’re right, Your Majesty. I shouldn’t have… | 对,你是对的,我不应该 |
[40:00] | I had a suspicion you were incompetent, | 我怀疑你一点都不称职 |
[40:02] | hiding behind the efforts of your co-workers. | 永远都落在你的同事后面 |
[40:04] | Don’t let him talk to you like that. | 别让他这样说你 |
[40:06] | What? – He was peeping in that window | – 什么?他在偷窥那扇窗户 |
[40:08] | watching that woman getting undressed. | 看那个没穿衣服的女人 |
[40:09] | How dare you. – He was. | – 你怎么敢,他是 |
[40:10] | No, no, no. Don’t listen to her. | 不不不,别听她的 |
[40:11] | She’s swallowed too many sharp objects. | 她吞下了太多尖锐的剑了 |
[40:13] | Don’t be a doormat for this Peeping Tom. | 别做这个偷窥狂的走狗 |
[40:15] | This is my boss. He’s my boss. | 这是我的上司,我的上司 |
[40:17] | To think that I was undecided | 他还没有决定 |
[40:18] | about your abilities versus Simon Carr. | 我跟西蒙卡尔谁的能力强 |
[40:20] | Yes, what can I say, sir? You looked dangerous. | 是的,我能说什么呢,先生,你看起来很危险 |
[40:23] | I didn’t know you were merely peeping. | 我不知道你正在偷窥 |
[40:24] | Why didn’t you attend to your function in the plan? | 为什么你加入了 这个计划 |
[40:27] | I don’t know my function. | 我不知道我的任务 |
[40:28] | You don’t know? You unreliable simpleton. | 你不知道?你真是不可靠的傻子 |
[40:30] | Don’t call him a simpleton. – No, well put. | – 别说他是傻子 不,好骂 |
[40:32] | It was well put. – You’re a disgusting old man. | – 你是个恶心的老头 |
[40:34] | No, don’t say that. Go away. | 不,别这样说 走开 |
[40:36] | Go away, Miss. Whoever you are, go away. | 走开 小结 你以为你是谁 走开 |
[40:38] | Go away, go away. Leave us alone. | 走开 走开 |
[40:40] | Paulsen? | 鲍尔森? |
[40:42] | You gave us quite a scare. I sent Kleinman round here to check you out. | 你让我们太害怕了,我拍克莱曼过来查查你 |
[40:45] | He was just, you know, looking in the window. There was a woman… | 他刚刚 再看那个窗户,里面有个女人 |
[40:47] | Mark my words, he’ll be a detriment. | 用我的话 他是个败类 |
[40:49] | No, sir. Don’t say that, sir. Let me block your hat. | 不 先生 别这样说 让我帮你戴上帽子 |
[40:51] | No, give me that. | 不 给我 |
[40:52] | Sir, you… I’m sorry. | 先生 我很抱歉 |
[40:54] | He’s always been a liability with my firm. | 他总是向我的公司借钱 |
[40:55] | I’m only just now beginning to realize it. | 我才刚刚意识到 |
[40:57] | Mr. Paulsen, I didn’t mean it. You… | 鲍尔森先生,我不是那个意思 |
[41:01] | Sir! | 先生! |
[41:04] | Irmy! | |
[41:13] | Irmy! | |
[41:30] | We’re closing. | 我们接近了 |
[41:31] | Just one beer? Please? | 只要一杯啤酒 谢谢 |
[41:44] | Did anyone see a blonde woman wandering around alone? | 你看见一个金发的女人在附近吗? |
[41:49] | Short hair. | 短发 |
[41:51] | Oh, mercy. We never know when we have a good thing. | 哦天啊,我们拥有的时候从不知珍惜 |
[41:55] | We always have to ruin it. | 我们总是毁了生活 |
[41:58] | I know exactly how you feel. | 我太明白你的感受了 |
[42:01] | The earthly paradise known as woman. | 最开始女人就是天堂 |
[42:04] | All we’ll ever know of heaven. | 然后我们最终发现是地狱 |
[42:08] | All we need know of hell. | 我们知道的都是见鬼 |
[42:12] | I made love to a woman tonight that was sheer perfection. | 我今晚搞了一个女人,真是完美 |
[42:15] | And it’s true it was in a brothel, | 在一个妓院里 |
[42:17] | but somehow this one didn’t have that used, jaded quality. | 她说她以前从没做过 |
[42:21] | I never do it with whores. | 我从来没有嫖过 |
[42:23] | You start out with a burning desire | 你刚开始热情似火 |
[42:25] | and end up the next day with a burning sensation, if you know what I mean. | 到了第二天还内心似火,你该知道我说的什么意思 |
[42:30] | Yes, but this one was so irresistible. | 是啊 可是这个 太无法抵抗了 |
[42:34] | Sweet and innocent. | 单纯又甜蜜 |
[42:36] | But under the sheets, a tigress. | 可是床上却又如此刺激 |
[42:41] | A violent, screaming, passionate jungle cat. | 一只暴力的小野猫 |
[42:47] | You mean a good actress. | 你指的是一个好的演员 |
[42:49] | She swore not. | 她发誓她不是 |
[42:51] | Well, you’re very young, my friend. Very naive. | 你还太年轻,太幼稚了 |
[42:55] | She dug her nails into my back. | 她将她的指甲深深嵌入我的背部 |
[42:57] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[42:58] | And then she yelled “Don’t stop! Don’t stop!” | 然后她叫着 不要停 不要停 |
[43:01] | Yes. And stuck her tongue inside my mouth and wiggled it around. | 是 然后将她舌头伸到我嘴里缠绵 |
[43:05] | I’m sure it was well worth the $20. | 我敢肯定她值20块 |
[43:08] | Twenty? I paid her 700. | 20?我给了她700 |
[43:11] | Yeah. Yeah, sure. Tell me another one. | 是,是,告诉我另一个吧 |
[43:14] | I’m afraid you’ve never made love with a sword-swallower. | 我恐怕你从来没有搞过一个吞剑者 |
[43:20] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一遍? |
[43:24] | She claims she never took money before. | 她说她以前从来没有卖过 |
[43:26] | And if she was acting, she should win a prize. | 如果她是演的 那真应该获奖了 |
[43:29] | It’s true that I put on a heroic performance, if I do say so myself. | 我也确确实实一展雄风 |
[43:34] | She brought out the stallion in me. | 她唤醒了我内心的种马 |
[43:36] | And when she said she loved it, I believe she was sincere. | 而且她说她很喜欢,我猜那是真的 |
[43:40] | I think she’s got a lover who doesn’t service her too well, you know? | 我猜她的爱人并不能这样满足她,你明白的 |
[43:44] | Some poor clown. | 某个可怜的小丑 |
[43:46] | But I showed her what a good one felt like. | 但是我给了她极棒的体验 |
[43:53] | What’s wrong? You look incredulous. | 怎么了?你不相信? |
[43:56] | I swear, the dirtier I got, the more she screamed. | 我发誓 那个姑娘 叫声那么大 |
[44:00] | I gave her the best time she’s had in years, | 我给了她这一年里最棒的体验 |
[44:03] | and I believe she loved it. | 我相信她肯定喜欢 |
[44:05] | Not that I have any further urge for her, you know. | 而且我还知道 你知道的 |
[44:09] | The difference between love and lust, I guess. | 性与爱的区别 |
[44:15] | When my friend wakes up, tell him I went back to Felice’s. | 我朋友醒来以后 告诉他我回菲利斯家了 |
[44:20] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[44:21] | Can’t I talk you out of it? | 我们能不能不谈这个 |
[44:23] | No, I don’t want it. I want the church to have it, all of it. | 不,我不想这样 我想捐给教堂 所有都捐 |
[44:26] | Yeah, but you’re talking about $700. | 是的,但你在说700块啊 |
[44:28] | That’s a lot. – Six hundred and fifty. | – 那是很多 650块 |
[44:30] | I had to pay a fine. | 我不得不付罚款 |
[44:32] | But so, you know, you… But it’s your money. | 但是 你知道 这是你的钱 |
[44:34] | Why give it away? | 为什么要捐出去 |
[44:35] | Because I’m ashamed of the way I got it. | 因为我对得到它的方式感到羞愧 |
[44:38] | Listen, I’m sure you didn’t steal it. | 听我说,我确定你不是偷来的 |
[44:39] | No. I slept with somebody for it. | 不,我是跟人睡觉换来的 |
[44:43] | Yes? | 真的? |
[44:44] | Just one person. Does that make me a whore? | 只是一个人 那让我成了一个妓女吗? |
[44:47] | Well, only by the dictionary definition. | 不,你不算 |
[44:50] | Anyway, I’m giving it to the church. | 不管怎么样 我要把它给教堂 |
[44:52] | Yeah, but that seems so silly. | 是的,但是这看起来太傻了 |
[44:54] | You know… It’s work, you know. | 你知道 它发生了 |
[44:57] | I’m sure you didn’t do it for fun. | 我肯定你不是为了找乐子去做的 |
[44:59] | No. | 不是 |
[45:00] | But you know something? It turned out to be fun. | 但是你知道 后来就变成了找乐子 |
[45:04] | Here. Would you take it in there for me and give it to them? | 给你,你会帮我交给教堂吗? |
[45:07] | Me? – Yeah. For the poor. | -我?是的 为了穷人 |
[45:09] | I just can’t bring myself to go in there tonight. | 我今晚不能去那 |
[45:12] | Please? Come on. | 求你了 拜托 |
[45:21] | Excuse me, I’m… – Yes? | – 打扰一下 我 什么? |
[45:23] | I just need a minute of your time. | 我想耽搁您一分钟时间 |
[45:25] | I think you can see that we’re busy. | 我想你看得出来我们很忙 |
[45:27] | I just… Just for one… | 我只…只耽搁一 |
[45:29] | Put Kramer’s name on the list. | 把克莱默的名字加在名单上 |
[45:32] | Have you seen his sketches and his photo studies? | 你看过他的画吗还有画笔 |
[45:35] | Just for a minute, if I might have your attention… | 就一分钟 |
[45:37] | Just for one moment. | 就一分钟 |
[45:39] | Didn’t you hear him say we’re busy? | 你没听见他说我们很忙吗 |
[45:43] | Are you Kleinman? | 你是克莱曼? |
[45:44] | Yes. Yes, I am. Yes. | 是 是 我是 |
[45:48] | Don’t forget. | 别忘了 |
[45:53] | Why is he putting my name on the list? | 为什么他把我名字也记下了 |
[45:55] | You’ve been warned twice now. | 你已经被警告两次了 |
[45:56] | What is this list? Might I just ask? | 我能问问吗 这个名单是干什么的 |
[45:59] | I have a donation to make. | 我要捐款 |
[46:00] | The poor box is in the front. | 箱子在那前面 |
[46:01] | No, this doesn’t fit in the poor box. | 不 数目很大 |
[46:04] | Kleinman, you want me to take you in? | 克莱曼 你想让我带你进箱子? |
[46:06] | No, no, no. I have $650. | 不不不,我要捐650块 |
[46:09] | Six hundred and fifty dollars? | 650块? |
[46:10] | Don’t worry, it’s not stolen. He thinks it’s stolen. | 别担心 这不是偷的 他认为这是偷的 |
[46:12] | Where did you get it? | 你从哪得到的? |
[46:13] | I assure you. My friend said I should donate it. | 我向你保证 我的朋友让我捐给你们 |
[46:16] | Where did your friend get it? | 你朋友是从哪得到的? |
[46:17] | I don’t think that we don’t have to pry excessively. | 我认为我们不需要 问太多 |
[46:20] | We humbly accept this token from the faithful. | 我们接受就行了 |
[46:23] | And I think that we know how to show gratitude | 我想 当有人向慈善机构捐钱的时候 |
[46:26] | when someone performs an act of charity. | 我们可以看出他的诚心 |
[46:37] | Manna for the poor. | |
[46:40] | Did you do it? | 你会这样做吗? |
[46:41] | Yeah, I took care of it. – Oh. | – 好的,我会办好的 |
[46:44] | I feel so much better now. | 我现在感觉好多了 |
[46:47] | Good. – Are you a religious person? | -好 你信教吗 |
[46:49] | Me? No, I’m not. | 我?不我不信 |
[46:50] | You’re the second person tonight to ask me that question. | 你是今晚第二个问我这个问题的人 |
[46:53] | The doctor, may he rest in peace, wanted to know. | 那个医生 愿他安息 也这样问我 |
[46:55] | Do you pray ever? – No. | -那你祈祷过吗 |
[46:58] | Cause my people pray in a different language, | ‘当然我的人民 用另一种语言祈祷 |
[47:00] | you know, I never understood what they were saying. | 你知道,我从来不知道他们在说什么 |
[47:02] | For all I know, you know, they were requesting their own troubles. | 据我所知 他们只为他们自己的麻烦祈祷 |
[47:06] | Help me. | 救命! |
[47:08] | Please help me. Help. | 救命!救命! |
[47:12] | Are you all right? – Who is that? | – 你还好吗?你是谁? |
[47:14] | I’m hungry. | 我很饿 |
[47:17] | I need to buy food and milk. | 我得去买食物和牛奶 |
[47:21] | My husband is dead. | 我丈夫已经去世了 |
[47:24] | I’m alone. | 我一个人 |
[47:26] | We’re friends. You know, you’re among friends. | 我们是好朋友 一直到 你是我们的朋友 |
[47:30] | Go back and get some of the money back. | 回去再拿点钱回来 |
[47:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[47:33] | I want her to have half of it. | 我想让她得到那笔钱的一半 |
[47:36] | I can’t get the money back. I just gave them the money. | 我不能拿回那笔钱 我刚刚给出去 |
[47:38] | So what? Just ask for half back. | 所以呢?快去拿一半回来 |
[47:41] | You just gave it to them. They give it to the poor, don’t they? | 你刚刚给他们 他们会给穷人的不是吗? |
[47:44] | Well, theoretically they do, but a lot of it is used | 理论上他们会 可是那对于 |
[47:47] | to buy costumes and velvet pillows and stuff. | 买衣服、枕头而言太多了 |
[47:51] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[47:52] | Oh… | 哦…… |
[47:54] | My friend asked me if I could possibly come | 我的朋友让我来看是否可以 |
[47:57] | and just have half the money back that I gave you. | 拿回一半 |
[47:59] | Just $300. It would… | 只是300块 |
[48:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:06] | 克莱曼 是莱还是来? | |
[48:10] | Put a circle around it. | 你就画个圈吧 |
[48:16] | Eve. Eve, open up. | 伊芙 伊芙 快开门 |
[48:19] | It’s Kleinman. | 是克莱曼啊 |
[48:22] | Eve. Eve, it’s an emergency. | 伊芙 伊芙 事情紧急 |
[48:24] | It’s me. It’s Max. | 是我 是麦克斯 |
[48:26] | This is a bad idea. | 这是一个坏主意 |
[48:27] | No, she’s a wonderful girl. Very intelligent. | 不,她是一个挺好的姑娘 非常聪明 |
[48:30] | Eve! | 伊芙! |
[48:32] | Eve! | 伊芙! |
[48:34] | What are doing here at this hour? Who is this? | 你这个时候在这干嘛 她是谁 |
[48:37] | Can we come in? | 我们能进来吗 |
[48:38] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[48:40] | She’s a friend of mine. She has no place to sleep tonight. | 她是我一个朋友,她今晚没地方睡觉 |
[48:43] | I told her she could sleep on your sofa. | 我跟她说她可以睡你的沙发 |
[48:45] | You did? | 你是这么说的? |
[48:46] | We’re sorry. It’s much too much of an imposition. | 我们很抱歉 但是没有什么地方能待 |
[48:50] | You dare to wake me out of a deep sleep | 你竟然把我吵醒 |
[48:53] | so that some complete stranger can sleep on my sofa? | 让一个陌生人睡我的沙发 |
[48:57] | She’s not a complete stranger. She’s a friend. | 她不是陌生人 她是一个朋友 |
[48:59] | You know, Eve, I personally vouch for her. | 你知道的 伊芙 我个人可以为她担保 |
[49:02] | I apologize, Miss. | 我道歉 小姐 |
[49:05] | Kleinman, have you been drinking? | 克莱曼 你喝高了吗? |
[49:07] | Have I been… When do I ever drink? | 我……我喝了酒了吗? |
[49:10] | Since when is she your friend? | 她什么时候是你朋友了? |
[49:12] | Since tonight. I met her at the police headquarters. | 就是今晚,我在警察局里见着她的 |
[49:16] | They brought her in when they raided the brothel. | 他们在搜查妓院的时候把她带来了 |
[49:18] | It’s not what it sounds like. | 但并不是他们听到的那样 |
[49:20] | You know, everybody makes one mistake now and then. | 你知道每个人都会不知什么时候犯错误 |
[49:24] | Kleinman, what are you doing out at this hour? | 克莱曼,你这么晚在外面干什么 |
[49:26] | I’m part of a vigilante committee to help catch the maniac. | 我是市民委员会的,帮助抓那个疯子 |
[49:30] | By doing what? | 怎么抓? |
[49:32] | I don’t exactly know. | 我也不太清楚 |
[49:35] | Go home, Kleinman. And take your friend with you. | 进屋吧 克莱曼 带上你的朋友 |
[49:40] | You’ve got some nerve. We’ll discuss this in the morning. | 你太紧张了 我们可以早上再谈 |
[49:48] | Boy, Eve is a cold fish. | 伙计 伊芙真冷淡啊 |
[49:52] | There. I said it. | 正如我所说的 |
[49:54] | Is it hard for you to admit certain things to yourself? | 对你而言承认这个太难了 |
[49:59] | Usually it is, yes. But for some reason tonight is different. | 通常是这样 但是出于某种理由今晚不太一样 |
[50:04] | You know, it’s a strange feeling to be up at this hour. | 现在有种奇怪的感觉 |
[50:08] | The city is so odd when everybody’s asleep. | 这个城市太诡异了当每个人都睡觉的时候 |
[50:11] | You know, it’s like a | 就像 |
[50:12] | different place completely. Mmm-hmm. | – 一个完全不一样的地方 |
[50:13] | You know, it’s so free. | 你知道,太自由了 |
[50:17] | You know, it’s so free. | 你知道,太自由了 |
[50:19] | It’s an odd feeling for me. | 对我来说很诡异 |
[50:22] | I feel I could run down the street naked and nobody would… | 我想我可以在街上裸奔可没人会… |
[50:27] | You know, it has a really free feeling. | 你知道,这真是自由的感觉 |
[50:31] | I’ve never seen it from up here. | 我从来没从这看过 |
[50:32] | I’ve never really taken the time to look. | 也从没在这个时间看过 |
[50:34] | It’s so pretty, you know, some of the stars are beginning to come up. | 太漂亮了 星星开始都出来的 |
[50:38] | The fog is just breaking a tiny bit. | 雾恰好开了个小缝 |
[50:42] | You see that very bright star up in that direction? | 你看到哪个方向的星星了吗? |
[50:45] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯… |
[50:47] | For all we know, that star could have | 据我们所知,这些星星 |
[50:49] | disappeared a million years ago, | 会在百万年后消失 |
[50:51] | and it’s taken the light from it | 而他的光依然会从那 |
[50:53] | a million years to reach us. | 经历百万年到达我们这 |
[50:55] | Oh, so what are you saying? That star is not there? | 哦,你说什么?这些星星不在这? |
[50:59] | That it might not be there. | 他们也许已经不在了 |
[51:01] | Even though I can see it with my own eyes? | 即使我们能用眼睛看见? |
[51:04] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[51:07] | That’s a very, uh, disquieting thought, you know. | 那是非常 非常不寻常的想法 |
[51:10] | Because when I see something with my own eyes, | 因为当我从我眼睛里看到什么东西的时候 |
[51:12] | I like to know that it’s actually there. | 我通常会认为它确实在那 |
[51:14] | ‘Cause otherwise, you know, a person could sit down in a chair | 就像 没人会坐在椅子上 |
[51:16] | and break his neck. | 摔断自己的背 |
[51:17] | You know, you have to be able to rely on things. | 你必须去依靠这些 |
[51:20] | That’s very, very important. | 那非常非常重要 |
[51:21] | You know who has these thoughts all the time? | 你知道谁一直有这样的想法吗? |
[51:23] | Schultz the tailor. He thinks that nothing is real at all | 裁缝舒尔茨,他一直认为没什么是真的 |
[51:27] | and that everything exists only in the dream of a dog. | 一切都存在于一只狗的梦中 |
[51:31] | But this is real, isn’t it? | 但是这是真的 不是吗 |
[51:33] | And beautiful. Just think about it for a minute. | 太漂亮了,只要想想 |
[51:37] | Here we are, we’re two strangers, | 现在我们在这,两个陌生人 |
[51:39] | and we’re out in the night, and it’s just | 晚上在外面 |
[51:41] | so peaceful and quiet. | 多么的安静和平和 |
[51:44] | And suddenly there’s, there’s a little clearing in the fog | 突然看见有雾的空地 |
[51:47] | and we can see right out there to the stars. | 还能看见那边的星星 |
[51:50] | Doesn’t this moment just seem perfect? | 这个时刻难道不完美吗? |
[51:54] | Yes, but, you know, it passes so quickly. | 是的,可是,你知道,这过的太快了 |
[51:59] | Look. Even now the fog is starting to go back in. | 你看,甚至是雾也开始回去了 |
[52:01] | And you know, everything… | 每件事 |
[52:03] | Everything’s always moving all the time, you know. | 每件事都在变化 |
[52:05] | Everything’s constantly in motion, | 每件事都在连续的变动 |
[52:07] | so it’s no wonder that I’m nauseous. | 所以一点不奇怪我让人讨厌 |
[52:10] | My father used to say “We’re all happy, if we only knew it.” | 我爸爸常说 我们都很开心 如果我们只知道这些 |
[52:18] | Kleinman! | 克莱曼! |
[52:20] | We’ve been looking all over for you. | 我们在到处找你 |
[52:22] | I’ve been wandering around all night in the fog. | 我在雾中转了一晚上了 |
[52:24] | You know, I’m still waiting for Hacker to tell me what to do. | 你知道,我以我一直在等哈克告诉我我要干嘛 |
[52:27] | Hacker’s dead. | 哈克已经死了 |
[52:28] | The killer got Hacker? | 那个杀手杀了哈克? |
[52:30] | Hacker wasn’t murdered by the maniac. | 哈克不是被疯子杀的 |
[52:32] | Well, who then? | 那是被谁? |
[52:35] | Someone from the other faction. | 某个其它帮派的 |
[52:37] | What other faction? Since when did we have other factions? | 什么其他帮派?我们什么时候有其他帮派了? |
[52:39] | A lot of people have their own ideas about how to achieve results. | 太多人对于达到目的有自己的想法了 |
[52:42] | So, naturally, there’s tension. | 所以自然的 有了分裂 |
[52:43] | Miller formed his own group. | 米勒 成立了自己的团体 |
[52:45] | But so quickly it becomes violent? | 但是这么快就变暴力了? |
[52:47] | Hacker asked for it. | 哈克去问这个了 |
[52:49] | He was stubborn and hot-headed, | 他太固执和冲动了 |
[52:51] | despite the fact that his plan wasn’t working. | 尽管事实是他的计划没用 |
[52:53] | You sound like you didn’t agree with him either. | 听起来你也不同意他的计划? |
[52:56] | I’m with Vogel’s group. | 我是沃吉儿那边的 |
[52:58] | Who’s Vogel? What’s… Since when is there a third group? | 谁是沃吉儿?什么时候我们又有第三个帮派了 |
[53:01] | I told you. There’s disagreement on how to handle things. | 我告诉你,对于如何解决这个事情产生了分歧 |
[53:04] | Yeah, but that’s the last thing in the world we need is disagreement. | 是 但是这是最后的事情 我们需要不同的意见 |
[53:06] | You know, we should be pulling… | 你知道,我们需要走向 |
[53:07] | Don’t lecture me, Kleinman! | 别给我上课 克莱曼! |
[53:10] | Are you with us or against us? | 你是不是跟我们一伙的 |
[53:12] | I don’t know. I don’t have enough facts so I can choose. | 我不知道,我没办法进行选择 |
[53:15] | Now listen, Kleinman. | 现在听着 克莱曼 |
[53:17] | Lives are at stake. You have to make a choice. | 生活就像打赌,你必须得做一个选择 |
[53:20] | You can’t threaten him. Kleinman, don’t take this from him. | 你不能威胁他 克莱曼,别被他吓着 |
[53:23] | She’s starting already. Don’t get me into… | 她已经开始了 别让我也 |
[53:24] | Who’s this? | 她是谁 |
[53:25] | There you are, Kleinman. Where the hell have you been? | 你在这 克莱曼 你刚刚去哪了 |
[53:27] | Where have you been? | 你刚去哪了 |
[53:28] | For God’s sakes, you wake me in the middle of the night. | 上帝啊 你把我从半夜叫醒 |
[53:30] | Now I hear Hacker’s dead. | 现在我听到哈克已经死了 |
[53:32] | You wandered off just when we needed you. | 在我们需要你的时候你在闲逛 |
[53:34] | Well, so, you didn’t tell me anything. | 可你什么都没告诉我呀 |
[53:36] | Kleinman’s joined our faction. From now on he’s with us. | 克莱曼加入了我们这伙,从现在开始他跟着我们了 |
[53:38] | Is that true, Kleinman? | 真的?克莱曼? |
[53:39] | No, no. Look, the thing to do, we have to cooperate. | 不不,我们要是做这个是,就必须团结合作 |
[53:43] | Are you with them or us? | 你是跟他们一伙还是我们 |
[53:44] | I don’t know. How can I know? | 我不知道,我怎么会知道 |
[53:46] | I don’t know what the alternatives are. | 我不知道怎么选择 |
[53:48] | You know, is one apples, is one pears? | 是一个苹果还是一只梨子 |
[53:51] | Are they both tangerines? | 还是它们都是橘子? |
[53:53] | Let’s kill him now before he gives everything away. | 让我们趁他做出什么之前杀了他 |
[53:55] | What are you talking… I don’t know anything. | 你们在说什么 我什么都不知道 |
[53:56] | I can’t give anything away. | 我什么都给不了 |
[53:58] | Meanwhile, we’re here arguing and there’s an enemy out there killing us. | 同时,我们在这吵的时候,敌人还正准备杀了我们 |
[54:01] | You know, soon we’re gonna do his killing for him. | 你知道,我们很快就要杀了他 |
[54:04] | The murderer. | 杀了那个凶手 |
[54:06] | He believes he’s located the guilty party. | 他相信他在罪恶派对上 |
[54:08] | It’s Spiro, the great clairvoyant. | 这是斯派罗,伟大的侦探 |
[54:11] | I’ve heard of him. He’s solved a lot of important cases. | 我听说过他,他解决了许多大案 |
[54:13] | They say all he needs is something to sniff or feel. | 他们说他所需的只是闻一闻 |
[54:16] | That’s right. He’s solved some kidnappings. | 对,他破了很多绑架案 |
[54:18] | Mr. Spiro is on the verge of revealing the killer. | 斯派罗先生现在就在寻找这个凶手 |
[54:26] | Mr. Spiro wishes to sniff you. | 斯派罗先生想闻闻你 |
[54:31] | Me? | 我? |
[54:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[54:34] | Well, how come? | 好吧,怎么闻? |
[54:36] | It’s enough he wishes it. | 按他所想的的就够了 |
[54:37] | No! No, don’t let him do it. | 不 不 别让他这样做 |
[54:40] | Hey, wasn’t that woman booked on prostitution charges earlier tonight? | 这不是今晚早些时候,在妓院抓着的那个女人? |
[54:44] | Come on, Kleinman, come on. | 来吧 克莱曼 快点 |
[54:45] | I don’t wanna, I don’t wanna get sniffed. | 我不想 我不想被闻 |
[54:46] | No, I don’t want… – Come on! | – 不,我不想 快点 |
[54:49] | I don’t wanna be sniffed! No… | 我不想被闻 不 |
[54:51] | Stand still. | 站那 |
[54:52] | Go ahead, sniff away. | 去吧,闻闻看 |
[54:53] | This is crazy. Why should he sniff me? This is… | 这太疯狂了,他为什么要闻我,这简直… |
[54:59] | What is this man sniffing? | 这个人在闻些什么 |
[55:03] | It’s probably cheese, you know, | 有可能是芝士的味道,你知道的 |
[55:04] | ’cause tonight was the night I changed the traps in the bedroom. | 今晚我得改变我的方式 |
[55:07] | Frightened, Kleinman? | 害怕了吗?克莱曼? |
[55:09] | No, I’m not frightened. | 不,我不害怕 |
[55:10] | This is unfair. Kleinman, stand up for your rights. | 这不公平 克莱曼 你要争取你的权力 |
[55:13] | I know what he’s sniffing. It’s salad dressing. | 我知道他在闻什么 是沙拉的味道 |
[55:16] | It’s salad dressing. I had… | 是沙拉的味道,我吃了 |
[55:17] | I spilled salad dressing on myself this evening. | 今天晚上我把沙拉滴在衣服上了 |
[55:19] | My landlady cooks for me, | 是我的房东给我做的 |
[55:21] | so she made me a nice salad with a little whitefish. | 她给我做了沙拉和小白鱼 |
[55:24] | She makes beautiful whitefish. I can’t have meat… | 她做了美味的白鱼,我不能吃肉 |
[55:27] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[55:28] | This man has something in his pocket. | 这个人口袋里有东西 |
[55:31] | Mr. Spiro has done it again. | 斯派罗先生又闻了一遍 |
[55:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[55:33] | Look in his pocket. | 看看他的口袋 |
[55:34] | I have nothing. There’s nothing. | 我什么都没有 这什么都没有 |
[55:37] | Check his inside pocket. | 检查它里面的口袋 |
[55:41] | This was stolen from police headquarters earlier tonight. | 这个是今晚早些时候被偷的酒杯 |
[55:45] | This is stolen property. | 这个确实被偷了 |
[55:46] | I carry a glass with me. I get thirsty, so… | 我拿了个杯子,我觉得渴,所以… |
[55:48] | I like to have, you know, occasionally… | 我喜欢喝,你知道,偶尔 |
[55:51] | Here! We’ve trapped him! | 在这 我们抓住他了 |
[55:52] | Why’d you do it, Kleinman? You killed the doctor. | 你为什么做这个 克莱曼 为什么要杀医生 |
[55:54] | Do what? You gonna believe this guy from smelling me? | 做什么? 你要相信这个人吗? |
[55:57] | Mr. Spiro’s uncanny power has never failed him yet. | 斯派罗先生有神奇的力量,他从来没失败过 |
[56:01] | Why would I kill the doctor? Doesn’t make sense. | 我为什么要杀医生?没有任何意义啊 |
[56:03] | The man took out my gall bladder, you know. With my consent. | 他把我的苦胆都弄出来了,我同意了 |
[56:06] | Don’t expect him to make sense. | 别听他胡说 |
[56:08] | That’s how it is with a psychopath. | 他是个精神病 |
[56:10] | They can be logical on every point except one, | 这件事上他们处理的一点都不理智 |
[56:12] | their weakness, their point of insanity. | 他们软弱 精神恍惚 |
[56:14] | That’s right. | 对 |
[56:15] | And Kleinman’s always so damn logical. | 克莱曼永远那么理智 |
[56:17] | This is a joke, isn’t it? | 这是个笑话 是吗 |
[56:19] | Look, look, we’re all reasonable, | 听着听着,我们都很有理性 |
[56:21] | reasonable, you know, normal, rational people, right? | 很理性 是吧? |
[56:24] | Tell me where you got this. Tell us how you… | 告诉我们你从哪弄来的这个 |
[56:26] | Once again I thank the Lord for the special gift | 有一次?我感谢上帝给了我这个特别的礼物 |
[56:29] | he has seen fit to bestow on me. | 他应该很适合我 |
[56:32] | I say we make an example of him. Who has a rope? | 我觉得我们应该给他做个范例 谁有绳子? |
[56:35] | No, you can’t do this. Kleinman, defend yourself. | 不,你不能这样做 克莱曼 反抗啊 |
[56:38] | They’re picking on me. I didn’t do anything. | 他们在绑我 我什么都没做 |
[56:40] | How do you plead, Kleinman? – Not guilty. | – 你怎么不反抗啊克莱曼 说自己无罪 |
[56:42] | I plead not guilty. I never did anything in my life | 我没醉,我这一生什么 |
[56:44] | to deserve any trouble. | 惹麻烦的事 都没做 |
[56:45] | If anything, I deserve a bonus. | 如果我做了,我应得到奖赏 |
[56:47] | Come on! Let’s get him. | 快点,我们把他抓起来 |
[56:50] | Ahhh! | 啊! |
[56:51] | Where’d he get that pepper? | 他从哪得到的胡椒粉 |
[58:00] | Let me in. It’s me, Max. | 让我进去,是我,麦克斯 |
[58:03] | Who is it? – Max. Max. | – 是谁?麦克斯 麦克斯 |
[58:06] | Max. Let me in. | 麦克斯,让我进去 |
[58:07] | Max? | 麦克斯? |
[58:09] | Yes! I have to come in. They’re after me. | 是!我必须进去 他们在我后面 |
[58:11] | Max. | 麦克斯 |
[58:12] | Stop staring at me. I’m not a ghost. | 别盯着我看 我又不是鬼魂 |
[58:15] | Not yet, although they’re trying to kill me. | 咱是不是,他们想杀我 |
[58:16] | Who? – There’s a mob. | – 谁?这有一个暴徒 |
[58:19] | And you dare to come here? | 你竟然敢到这来 |
[58:21] | What could I do? I’m running for my life, | 我能做什么,我只是过我的生活 |
[58:23] | you know, and I saw your place and, you know, I… | 你知道,我看见你的地方,你知道 我 |
[58:26] | Whatever they think about you, I’m sure you’re guilty of it. | 无论我怎么想你,我肯定你有罪 |
[58:29] | Alma, is it possible that I could murder somebody? | 阿尔玛,我可能杀任何人吗? |
[58:33] | Alma, I’m asking you a question. It’s me, Max. | 阿尔玛,我再问你呢 是我 麦克斯 |
[58:37] | I never wanted to lay eyes on you again. | 我再也不想看你一眼 |
[58:39] | I know. I did a bad thing. | 我知道,我做了件坏事 |
[58:41] | You know, but time heals. It’s been years. | 你知道,那已经过了很多年了 |
[58:43] | The more I thought about it, the more I wanted you dead. | 我想那件事越多,就越想让你死 |
[58:46] | Dismembered, cut in little pieces and thrown to the dogs. | 杀了你,剁成碎片 丢出去喂狗 |
[58:49] | Jesus. You’ve really given this thing some very specific thought. | 你的想法真的很奇怪 |
[58:52] | You’re the worst scum, and I won’t rest until you fry in hell. | 你就是条臭虫,你不下地狱我决不罢休 |
[58:57] | Can I stay here tonight? Is it… | 今晚我能待在这吗? |
[58:59] | How could you do it? How could you leave me standing there at the altar | 你怎么能这样做,你怎么可以,让我一个人站在祭坛旁边 |
[59:02] | in front of family and friends, humiliated and weeping? | 面对我的家人和朋友 |
[59:06] | I’ve explained that to you. There’s two sides to every story. | 我想你解释过,那是一个故事的两面 |
[59:09] | What two sides? Do you deny we were to be married | 什么两面?你想否认我们准备结婚吗? |
[59:11] | and you made an idiot of me in front of everyone? | 然后你让我在大家面前跟傻子一样 |
[59:14] | I was nervous. I was a little drunk. I was unsure. | 我很紧张 我有一点喝高了 我不确定 |
[59:18] | Unsure? | 不确定? |
[59:19] | It was your idea to get married. | 结婚是你的主意 |
[59:21] | And it was your idea to get me pregnant. | 是你让我怀孕的 |
[59:23] | It was a hysterical pregnancy. | 怀孕的感觉真的很好 |
[59:25] | You weren’t actually pregnant. | 你并有真的怀孕 |
[59:26] | So what? | 所以呢? |
[59:27] | Will you just keep quiet? I’m trying to hide. | 你可以保持安静吗?我要藏起来 |
[59:30] | We looked everywhere. | 我们四处看看 |
[59:32] | My father, my mother, my brothers. “Where could he be?” | 我的爸爸,我的妈妈,我的兄弟们,他可能在哪? |
[59:35] | “He was here before the ceremony. True, he was drinking.” | 他在典礼上,确实他喝醉了 |
[59:38] | Listen, I know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你要说什么 |
[59:41] | While everybody’s walking around, puzzled and muttering, | 大家都看出来我不安 |
[59:45] | sensing my discomfort, he’s discovered in a broom closet, | 感觉到我不舒服 他被发现在一个衣橱里 |
[59:49] | making love with my sister. | 跟我的妹妹做爱 |
[59:52] | Jesus. I thought I explained that to you. | 上帝,我向你解释过 |
[59:54] | What kind of explanation could you possibly have? | 你会有什么样的理由? |
[59:57] | You were naked in the closet with my sister. | 你在衣橱里赤裸裸的和我妹妹待在一起 |
[1:00:00] | Look at her. She still holds that against me. | 看看她,她多么仇恨我啊 |
[1:00:02] | It’s not that I didn’t like you. | 我并不是不喜欢你 |
[1:00:04] | I like you, I like you a lot. | 我喜欢你,我很喜欢你 |
[1:00:05] | I just didn’t love you. | 我只是不爱你 |
[1:00:07] | And I thought you were pregnant. | 我以为你是一个孕妇 |
[1:00:08] | I was trying to do the honorable thing. | 我试着做一件伟大的事情 |
[1:00:10] | The honorable thing? To desert me at the altar | 伟大的事情?丢我一个人在祭坛旁边? |
[1:00:13] | and make love with my younger sister | 然后跟我妹妹在橱柜里做爱 |
[1:00:16] | in a broom closet is the honorable thing? | 是很光荣的事吗? |
[1:00:19] | Look, we just had your best interests at heart. | 我们有很多相似之处 |
[1:00:21] | I want you dead, and her. | 我想你和她都去死 |
[1:00:23] | No. Don’t say a thing. | 不,别这么说 |
[1:00:25] | She was a wonderful girl. She’s fabulous. She loved you. | 她是很棒的女孩,真是很好,她爱你 |
[1:00:28] | She worshipped you like a goddess. | 她把你当女神一样 |
[1:00:30] | She was singing your praises. | 她为你唱赞歌 |
[1:00:32] | I promise you. Till the moment I slipped her pants off… | 我向你保证,我脱下她裤子的时候 |
[1:00:34] | Get out of here! | 滚出去 |
[1:00:35] | Be careful with that. Be angry with me. | 你小心一点 对我生气可以 |
[1:00:37] | All right, all right, fault me. But not Trudy. | 但别这样对鲁迪 |
[1:00:40] | Not Trudy, I beg of you. Not your sister. | 别这样对鲁迪,我求求你,别怪你妹妹 |
[1:00:42] | I convinced her to do it. She didn’t wanna do it. | 我说服他那样做的,她并不愿意 |
[1:00:44] | I promised to get her steaks. | 但是我给过她承诺 |
[1:00:46] | Kleinman’s here! | 克莱曼在这! |
[1:00:47] | Here he is! – Shh! | – 他在这 嘘… |
[1:00:49] | Kleinman’s here! | 克莱曼在这! |
[1:00:51] | Get out and die. Get out. Die! | 滚出去 去死 滚出去 |
[1:00:54] | You rot in hell, you filthy vermin. | 你该烂在地狱里 你这肮脏的寄生虫 |
[1:00:56] | It’s good to see you’re not bitter after all these years. | 还好你这么多年过的不是很苦 |
[1:01:12] | You whore! | 你这妓女! |
[1:01:14] | I’ll kill you. | 我要杀了你 |
[1:01:16] | You’re the one who should be ashamed. | 你是那个需要感到羞愧的人 |
[1:01:19] | How could you? With a student for a few silver coins? | 你怎么能为了几个钱跟那个学生上床 |
[1:01:22] | It wasn’t a few silver coins. He gave me $700. | 那不是几个钱 他给了我700块 |
[1:01:25] | Yes, but you didn’t know what you were doing. | 是,但你不知道你在做什么 |
[1:01:27] | If you must know, I enjoyed myself. – I’ll kill you. | – 如果我必须知道,我很享受 我要杀了你 |
[1:01:29] | No, no, no! – I hate you! | – 不不不,我恨你! |
[1:01:32] | I was drunk. I was miserable. | 我喝多了,我恍惚了 |
[1:01:34] | I hate you! I hate you! I’ll kill you! | 我恨你!我恨你!我要杀了你! |
[1:01:36] | I wish we’d never met. Come home. | 我真希望我们从没见过 回家 |
[1:01:39] | I never want to see you again. | 我再也不想看到你了 |
[1:01:41] | He was young and handsome. – Get away! | – 他既年轻又帅 走开! |
[1:01:43] | Yes, he was! | 是,他年轻 |
[1:01:44] | And you enjoyed yourself? | 然后你享受吗? |
[1:01:46] | Was he a better lover than me? | 他比我更好吗? |
[1:01:48] | He treated me romantically. | 他对我很浪漫 |
[1:01:50] | But he felt nothing. Just lust, pure lust. | 但是他什么都感觉不到,只是嫖! 纯粹是嫖 |
[1:01:53] | I don’t care to talk about it. | 我不在乎说这些 |
[1:01:55] | Yeah, I’m sure you don’t. Where’s the money? | 是啊 我肯定你不在乎,那些钱呢? |
[1:01:57] | I gave it to charity. – You’re joking! | – 我给教堂了 你在开玩笑! |
[1:02:00] | You don’t think I’m worth $700? | 你不觉得我值 |
[1:02:02] | There isn’t a whore in the world worth $700, | 这个世界上没有一个妓女值700 |
[1:02:06] | especially not an amateur whore like you. | 特别是像你这样的业余妓女 |
[1:02:09] | Bastard! You… | 混蛋 你… |
[1:02:12] | Wait. What’s that? | 等等 那是什么? |
[1:02:15] | Oh… | 啊… |
[1:02:17] | I’m scared. | 我害怕 |
[1:02:18] | Don’t panic. | 别害怕 |
[1:02:20] | Hold me. | 抓着我 |
[1:02:22] | I’ll protect you. | 我会保护你 |
[1:02:25] | It is rather scary. | 太可怕了 |
[1:02:33] | Oh, my God! It’s gruesome. – What? | – 天啊 太恐怖了 |
[1:02:39] | Oh, God… – Be quiet. | – 上帝啊 安静 |
[1:02:43] | Stay there. | 待在这别动 |
[1:02:49] | Oh… | 啊… |
[1:02:57] | I hear footsteps. | 我听见了脚步声 |
[1:03:00] | Listen. – No, they’re getting fainter. | – 听 他们变得虚弱了 |
[1:03:02] | Quick, we have to get out of here. | 块,我们离开这 |
[1:03:04] | Wait. Do you hear something? | 等等 你听到什么了吗? |
[1:03:13] | The same woman. The same woman I… | 同一个女人,跟我刚刚看到的 |
[1:03:17] | I saw her earlier. We gave her some money. | 是同一个女人 我给她一些钱 |
[1:03:21] | She… She had a baby with her. | 她 她有个孩子 |
[1:03:28] | Oh… | 哦… |
[1:03:30] | Oh! | 啊! |
[1:03:32] | Oh! | 啊! |
[1:03:33] | It’s too horrible to think about. | 想到这个太恐怖了 |
[1:03:35] | Is she all right? | 她还好吗? |
[1:03:38] | Oh, the poor little thing. | 啊…这可怜的小家伙 |
[1:03:42] | We’ll have to keep the baby. | 我们要养这个孩子 |
[1:03:44] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么?你说什么? |
[1:03:46] | Well, she has no one. – What about her father? | – 她没人照顾,她的爸爸呢? |
[1:03:49] | No… There is none. – How do you know? | – 不 一个人都没有 你怎么知道 |
[1:03:51] | I talked to the woman earlier. | 我之前跟她谈过 |
[1:03:53] | There’s no… There’s no father. | 他没有 没有父亲 |
[1:03:54] | There’s no family. She has no one. She was all alone. | 她一个家人都没 她孤零零的 |
[1:03:58] | But we can’t keep a baby. | 但是我们不能养一个孩子 |
[1:03:59] | What do you want to do, just leave her in the gutter? | 你想怎么做?就把她丢在街上? |
[1:04:01] | No, but… | 不,可是 |
[1:04:03] | But what? She needs parents. | 可是什么?她需要父母 |
[1:04:05] | Yes, but… – Stop yes butting and no butting. | – 是的,可是…别这可是那可是了 |
[1:04:08] | I wanted a baby, now God has dropped one in my lap. | 我想要一个宝宝,上帝就给了我一个 |
[1:04:12] | We have no money. | 我们没有钱 |
[1:04:14] | But… We do. Come here. | 但是…我们有 过来 |
[1:04:17] | Look. | 瞧 |
[1:04:19] | You just hold her for a second. – I can’t. | – 你抱着她一下 我不能 |
[1:04:21] | Just hold her for a second. Be careful. | 就抱一下 小心点 |
[1:04:25] | Here, maybe… | 也许… |
[1:04:32] | Don’t put her on the ground. | 别把她放地上 |
[1:04:35] | Oh… | 哦… |
[1:04:40] | Here. | 这里 |
[1:04:42] | Three hundred dollars. | 300块 |
[1:04:43] | It’s not legal. We have to give her over to an orphanage. | 这不合法,我们必须得给她送到孤儿院去 |
[1:04:46] | How are they going to treat her | 他们会怎样对待她 |
[1:04:47] | in an orphanage? | 在孤儿院里 |
[1:04:48] | Oh. She needs love and care. | 哦她需要爱和关心 |
[1:04:51] | She needs a mother and a father. | 她需要一个母亲和父亲 |
[1:04:53] | It’s out of the question. | 不是这个问题 |
[1:04:54] | Well, I’m going to keep her. | 反正,我会收养她 |
[1:04:56] | No, you are… You’re going to put her back | 不,你把她放回去 |
[1:04:58] | where I found her and we’ll inform the police. | 放到你找到她的地方 我们去通知警察 |
[1:05:01] | Help! – Quiet! | – 救命! 安静! |
[1:05:02] | The killer could be lurking. | 凶手有可能就在附近潜伏 |
[1:05:04] | You don’t have to, but I’m going to raise this baby. | 你不必如此,我会养这个孩子的 |
[1:05:11] | She’s so tiny. | 她是这么小 |
[1:05:14] | She’s pretty. | 这么漂亮 |
[1:05:15] | I didn’t say she wasn’t pretty. | 我没说她不漂亮 |
[1:05:20] | This is madness. Madness. | 这真是疯了 疯了 |
[1:05:24] | She is beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[1:05:28] | Oh, God. Oh, God. | 哦上帝 上帝 |
[1:05:37] | I saw him go this way. – All right, lead on the right. | – 我看见他往这个方向走了 跟上 |
[1:05:42] | Kleinman. | 克莱曼 |
[1:05:44] | Did anybody look down there? | 有人看过这边吗? |
[1:05:45] | He’s gotta be over here. | 他应该在这上面 |
[1:05:47] | Or maybe down here. | 或者在这下面 |
[1:05:49] | Down here. Try down here. | 下面,试试下面 |
[1:05:51] | He must be down here. | 他肯定在这下面 |
[1:05:54] | Down the stairs. | 在楼梯下面 |
[1:06:15] | No, I don’t want to interrupt anything. | 不,我不想打扰 |
[1:06:17] | I just want to rest for a minute. – You’re not interrupting anything. | -我只想休息一会儿 你什么都没打扰 |
[1:06:19] | Oh, come in, come in. Come in. You’re welcome. | 进来吧,进来,进来,欢迎 |
[1:06:21] | It’s late. There’s no one here but us. | 太晚了,这除了我们没别人了 |
[1:06:23] | I never come… This is not… | 我从来没来过…这 |
[1:06:24] | What’s your name, sweetheart? | 亲爱的 你叫什么名字 |
[1:06:26] | Kleinman. – Well, sit down, Mr. Kleinman. | – 克莱曼 好吧 克莱曼先生 坐下吧 |
[1:06:28] | Let me get you something to drink. | 我去给你倒点喝的 |
[1:06:29] | It’s late. Jack’s one of our regulars. | 太晚了,杰克是我们的老主顾 |
[1:06:32] | I find this atmosphere a lot more stimulating than university. | 我发现这里的气氛比学校更刺激 |
[1:06:36] | As long as we do the stimulating. | 我们就是让人刺激 |
[1:06:37] | That’s right. | 对的 |
[1:06:40] | I was just pointing out to these lovely ladies | 我只想认识这些可爱的女子 |
[1:06:42] | the metaphors of perversion. | 无聊至极 |
[1:06:43] | Oh, my goodness, such big words. | 哦 我的天 胡吹 |
[1:06:45] | Yeah, the chief magistrate likes me | 大法官他喜欢我 |
[1:06:47] | to tie him up, hand and foot. He pays me for that. | 把他的手脚都捆起来,他给我钱让我这么做 |
[1:06:49] | Exactly my point. | 正是我的点 |
[1:06:51] | You take away his freedom and he becomes blissful, | 你剥夺了他的自由,他就变的开心 |
[1:06:52] | delighted, sexually aroused. | 愉快 性欲旺盛 |
[1:06:55] | He’s frightened of his freedom. – Oh… | – 他害怕自己的自由 啊… |
[1:06:57] | He’s frightened, is he? What’s he frightened of? | 他害怕吗?他害怕什么? |
[1:06:59] | Who knows. Whatever his impulses are. | 谁知道呢 |
[1:07:01] | Aw… – Power, lust, murder. | – 权力 欲望 谋杀 |
[1:07:05] | There are laws against murder. | 有法律对付谋杀 |
[1:07:06] | Haven’t you heard about that? | 你没听说吗? |
[1:07:09] | Maybe certain people obey only their own laws. | 也许大部分人 只遵守自己的规则 |
[1:07:11] | Is that what they teach you at the University, | 这就是他们在大学里教你的东西么? |
[1:07:12] | to be superior? | 去成为一个人才? |
[1:07:14] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[1:07:16] | We learn facts. | 我们学习事实 |
[1:07:18] | Nothing but facts. | 只有事实 |
[1:07:20] | Logic | 逻辑 |
[1:07:23] | and Mathematics and how to become depressed. | 和数学 还有如何变得沮丧 |
[1:07:25] | Your problem is you don’t believe in anything. | 你的问题在于你什么都不相信 |
[1:07:28] | Oh, spoken by a true whore | 哦,这可是一个真正的妓女说的 |
[1:07:30] | who believes only in cash. | 是一个只看钱的人 |
[1:07:32] | Better… Better false gods then no god at all. Hmm? | 有钱总比没钱好啊 |
[1:07:36] | Here’s a thoughtful looking man. | 这是个看起来有思想的男人 |
[1:07:39] | What are your views on divine matters? | 你们怎么看这件神圣的事? |
[1:07:43] | Excuse me, you… Me? | 不好意思,我? |
[1:07:44] | I’m asking you if you believe in God. | 你再问你,如果你信上帝的话 |
[1:07:48] | It’s… It’s incredible, that’s the third time tonight somebody asked me | 真是…真是荒谬 这是今晚第三个人问我这个问题了 |
[1:07:50] | that exact same question. | 完全一样的问题 |
[1:07:52] | You know, I would love to. | 你知道我很愿意 |
[1:07:54] | Believe me, I know I would be much happier. | 相信我,我想变得更高兴一点 |
[1:07:56] | Yeah, but you can’t. | 是,但你不能 |
[1:07:57] | I can’t, no. It’s just, you know… | 我不能 不能 |
[1:07:58] | You doubt his existence and you can’t make the leap of faith necessary. | 你怀疑它的存在,你不必要信仰上帝的 |
[1:08:01] | Listen, I can’t make the leap of faith | 我也并不想信仰上帝 |
[1:08:03] | necessary to believe in my own existence. | 我只相信我自己 |
[1:08:05] | Here’s your drink, Kleinman. | 给你喝的 克莱曼 |
[1:08:07] | That’s fine. That’s tricky. | 那很好 |
[1:08:08] | You keep making jokes until the moment comes | 你要一直开玩笑吗? |
[1:08:10] | and you’ve really got to face death. | 你总得面临死亡 |
[1:08:12] | Why are we on such a morbid subject? | 我们为什么谈论这么恐怖的话题 |
[1:08:14] | I just, you know… That’s the future, you know. | 我只是,这是未来我们必须面对的 |
[1:08:16] | Oh, is it the future? | 哦?是未来? |
[1:08:17] | No, no, no. The trick is | 不不不,这就像 |
[1:08:19] | to have as much wine, as many men, | 就像喝酒,就像和这么多人 |
[1:08:20] | as many laughs as you can until they carry you out in a pine box. | 笑得越来越开心 直到死去 |
[1:08:23] | And then don’t go easily. | 他们可不容易死去 |
[1:08:25] | When I go, I want to die in my sleep without ever knowing. | 当我死去的时候,我希望在睡觉中去世,什么都不知道 |
[1:08:28] | That’s some world when the nicest gift | 这是这个世界上最好的礼物 |
[1:08:29] | that you can wish for someone you really care for | 对你最在乎的人 |
[1:08:31] | is that they die in their sleep. | 就是睡眠中死去 |
[1:08:32] | If I thought that there was nothing except this, | 如果除了这个没有别的方法的话 |
[1:08:34] | I’d kill myself. | 我会自杀 |
[1:08:36] | I’ve thought of it. | 我想过这个 |
[1:08:38] | Believe me, there have been many times | 相信我 很多次 |
[1:08:40] | when my brain has said, “Why not?” | 我都在想 为什么不呢 |
[1:08:42] | I mean, there’s no point to anything. | 我是指 万事都没意义 |
[1:08:46] | But somehow my blood always said, “Live, live.” | 但是我的血液一直说,活着 活着 |
[1:08:53] | And I always listen to my blood. | 然后我一直听我的血液 |
[1:08:57] | How about you, Kleinman? | 你呢?克莱曼? |
[1:08:59] | You know, I know exactly what I think about all this, | 你知道,我知道我所想的东西 |
[1:09:03] | but I can never find the words to put it in, | 但我一直找不到合适的方法表达出来 |
[1:09:06] | you know, maybe if I get little drunk I could dance it for you. | 也许我喝一点酒可以跳给你看 |
[1:09:08] | And, express myself. | 可以 表达自我 |
[1:09:09] | Come on, honey, I know what’s on your mind. | 来吧亲爱的 我知道你在想什么 |
[1:09:11] | Come on. Let’s go to the bedroom. | 来吧,我们去卧室 |
[1:09:16] | I’ve never paid for sex in my life. | 我从来没有买过春 |
[1:09:18] | Oh, you just think you haven’t. | 你只是觉得你没有 |
[1:09:22] | Enjoy yourself, Kleinman. | 玩的开心 克莱曼 |
[1:09:26] | May all your ups and downs be in bed. | 你们要不都玩去吧 |
[1:09:29] | You’re in a peculiar mood. | 你现在的心情很特殊 |
[1:09:31] | That little circus performer. | 那个马戏团演员 |
[1:09:33] | You still haven’t gotten her out of your mind. | 你还没忘掉她 |
[1:09:37] | Isn’t that odd? | 这很奇怪吗? |
[1:09:39] | A moment’s chance encounter, | 只见过一次 |
[1:09:43] | a business transaction with a total stranger. | 一次生意上的往来 |
[1:09:46] | I mean, we barely spoke. | 我是指 我们很少讲话 |
[1:09:50] | And yet tonight I feel like I’ve lost something. | 直到今晚 我感觉失去了什么 |
[1:09:59] | I’m so sorry. This never happened to me before. | 我很抱歉 这从来没发生过 |
[1:10:02] | I never have any problem. It’s so humiliating. I just… | 我从来没这样的问题 这太刺激了 |
[1:10:05] | What’s the matter, honey? Don’t you like me? | 怎么了 亲爱的?你不喜欢我吗? |
[1:10:06] | No, it isn’t that. – Huh? Don’t you? | – 不,不是 你不是吗? |
[1:10:07] | I’m sure it’s that conversation we were having downstairs. | 我肯定楼下有人说话 |
[1:10:10] | Maybe we should try a new position, huh? | 也许我们该换个新的姿势 |
[1:10:12] | No, hey, believe me, it isn’t the position. | 不,相信我,不是姿势的问题 |
[1:10:13] | You know, I’ve used this position before, | 我一直用这个姿势 |
[1:10:15] | many times, and it has always worked very effectively for me. | 对我总是有用的 |
[1:10:19] | You know, sometimes within a matter of seconds… | 有时候有点问题 |
[1:10:20] | Kleinman, some men are looking for you. | 克莱曼 有人正在找你 |
[1:10:23] | We can’t have any trouble here. | 我们这不能出问题 |
[1:10:24] | Is there another way out? | 这还有别的出口吗? |
[1:10:26] | The roof. Hurry. | 房顶 快点 |
[1:10:40] | What was that? | 在哪? |
[1:10:41] | Behind here. | 在那后面 |
[1:10:43] | Down there. | 下面 |
[1:10:48] | Simon Carr. What are you doing here? | 西蒙卡尔 你在这干嘛 |
[1:10:52] | I’m part of Nagel’s plan. | 我是奈吉尔计划的一分子 |
[1:10:54] | Nagel has a plan, too? Everybody has a plan. | 奈吉尔有一个计划 谁都有计划 |
[1:10:58] | I’m the only one in town that doesn’t know what he’s doing. | 我是唯一一个不知道在干什么的人 |
[1:11:00] | By the way, Kleinman, | 克莱曼 |
[1:11:01] | I ran into Mr. Paulsen before, uh, | 我刚去鲍尔森先生那 |
[1:11:04] | he’s, uh, giving me the promotion. | 他 给了我晋升 |
[1:11:07] | He said that? | 他这样说了? |
[1:11:09] | Actually, he said that sees you as a kind of | 事实上,他说你是 |
[1:11:13] | cringing, slimy vermin, more suited to extermination | 一个傻子,更适合在外星球而不是 |
[1:11:17] | than life on this planet. | 生活在这个星球 |
[1:11:20] | I don’t think he means it personally. | 我不认为他是个人觉得的 |
[1:11:24] | Carr, did you happen to see | 卡尔,你看到这附近 |
[1:11:26] | a young woman with a big hat and a valise wandering around? | 有一个带着大帽子和旅行箱的女人吗? |
[1:11:30] | Yes, I did, with a man and a child. | 是的我看见了,和一个男人还有小孩 |
[1:11:32] | A man and a child? | 一个男人和小孩? |
[1:11:34] | Yes, they were out by the bridge, toward the circus. | 是的,他们出去了,过了桥,朝马戏团走了 |
[1:11:38] | Cringing, slimy vermin… | 傻子 臭虫 |
[1:12:00] | Come on. Hurry up with that milk. – I’m coming. | – 快点 带上牛奶 我来了 |
[1:12:02] | She’s gonna fall asleep. | 她要睡着了 |
[1:12:04] | Don’t overfeed her. – I’m not going to overfeed her. | – 别喂太多了 我没有喂太多 |
[1:12:07] | Okay, now this is warm. | 好,现在就暖和了 |
[1:12:08] | She’s so beautiful. | 她真漂亮 |
[1:12:11] | Look at her eyes. – I know. | -看她的眼睛 我知道 |
[1:12:13] | Be careful. Her fingers are very tiny. | 小心 她的指头非常小 |
[1:12:15] | I’m careful. I’m very careful. | 我很小心 我很小心 |
[1:12:17] | Now she’s asleep. She won’t drink this. – Yes. Look, she smiled at me. | – 现在她睡了 她不会喝这个 看,她在对我笑 |
[1:12:20] | Oh, look. – Did you see that? She smiled. | – 哦看啊,你看 她笑了 |
[1:12:24] | She’s the future. – Yeah. | -她就是未来 |
[1:12:26] | You’re the future. | 你是未来 |
[1:12:27] | I want her to go to school. | 我想让她去上学 |
[1:12:29] | I don’t want her to be a traveling gypsy like us. | 我不想让她跟我们一样到处流浪 |
[1:12:32] | I just want to hold her for a minute. Can I hold her for a second? | 我想抱抱她,我能抱抱她吗? |
[1:12:34] | No, you better… No. – I won’t wake her up. | -不,你别 我不会吵醒她的 |
[1:12:36] | No, because you squeeze too hard. | 不,你抱着太紧了 |
[1:12:38] | No. No. – I don’t squeeze hard. | – 不不,我不会抱得很紧的 |
[1:12:39] | No. No. – Come on, please. | – 不不,让我抱一下吧 |
[1:12:41] | Just let’s feed her. – No I want to hold her. | – 喂她就行 不 我想抱住她 |
[1:12:43] | Listen, no. – Please. | -听着 不 求你了 |
[1:12:48] | We’ll have another baby instead. – Another baby? | – 我们会有另一个宝宝的 另一个宝宝? |
[1:12:51] | Yeah. I don’t want her to grow up alone. | 是的,我不想她孤单的长大 |
[1:12:55] | It’s not good to grow up alone. – Oh… | – 自己一个人长大不好 |
[1:12:56] | She’ll be too lonely. | 她会太孤单了 |
[1:12:58] | Wonderful. | 棒极了 |
[1:14:01] | Irmy, look out! Look out, it’s the killer. | Irmy。看外面,那个杀手 |
[1:14:03] | It’s the killer. | 杀手 |
[1:14:04] | Kleinman? | 克莱曼? |
[1:14:05] | Yes, I’m here! Run! Run! Run! | 是我,快跑快跑 |
[1:14:07] | What about you? – Don’t worry! I’ll take care of… | – 你呢?别担心,我会照顾好 |
[1:14:11] | Don’t come near her. | 离她远点,快跑 跑 跑 Don’t come near her. Run! Run! |
[1:14:14] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[1:14:15] | Don’t worry about me. I can take care of myself. | 别担心我 我会照顾好我自己的 |
[1:14:17] | Don’t come near me. | 别靠近我 |
[1:14:46] | Good evening. I am Almstead, the magician. | 晚上好,我是我是阿尔姆斯塔德,那个疯子 |
[1:14:52] | Almstead! My God. | 阿尔姆斯塔德 我的天啊 |
[1:14:54] | I do some tricks myself. I’m an amateur magician. | 我要使一些诡计,我是业余的魔术师 |
[1:14:56] | So you’re my idol. I came to the… Just to see you. | 你是我的偶像 |
[1:14:58] | I was just celebrating our closing performance. | 我刚在庆祝我们的闭幕式 |
[1:15:02] | And, also, of course, packing up my illusions and my paraphernalia. | 然后 当然 打包我的幻想和随身物品 |
[1:15:06] | The killer is loose. You have to stop. | 那个杀手越来越猖狂了 你必须阻止他 |
[1:15:08] | The killer is loose. – Oh… | – 杀手越来越猖狂了 |
[1:15:10] | The evil one. – Yes. | – 那个邪恶的人?是 |
[1:15:12] | Yes, roaming. There he is. | 是啊,到处晃荡 他来了 |
[1:15:15] | Think of something. Think quick! | 想点办法啊 快点 |
[1:15:18] | Come! Come! Over here! Quickly! Come! | 来 来 快来 |
[1:15:22] | What? – My mirror illusion. Come. | -什么?我的镜子戏法 来 |
[1:15:25] | You must help. Come. | 你必须帮忙 快来 |
[1:15:28] | Yes, come. | 是,我来了 |
[1:15:31] | Alley-whoop! | |
[1:15:34] | Come, come, young man. Jump into the mirror. | 过来 过来 年轻人 快跳到镜子里 |
[1:15:38] | Come. The evil one comes. | 来,那个恶魔来了 |
[1:15:41] | Just jump. Jump. | 快跳 快跳 |
[1:15:44] | Jump. | 跳啊 |
[1:16:47] | We got him. We got him. | 我们抓住他了 我们抓住他了 |
[1:16:49] | We have captured the beast. | 我们绑住了这头野兽 |
[1:16:51] | Yes, we got him. | 是的我们抓住他了 |
[1:16:53] | Yes. – We got him. | – 是 我们抓住他了! |
[1:16:54] | Fantastic. He was right… He was right… | 太好了 就是他 就是他 |
[1:16:56] | Yes, he was here. Now he’s there. | 是的 他在那 他在那 |
[1:16:59] | Come on everybody. – Yes, come, come. | – 大家快来 快来 快来啊 |
[1:17:01] | We got him. | 我们抓着他了! |
[1:17:02] | Where is he? – Where is he? | – 他在哪 他在哪? |
[1:17:03] | Almstead got him. | 阿尔姆斯塔德抓着他了 |
[1:17:04] | He is over there. Bound in the chains. | 他在那 被绑在椅子上 |
[1:17:07] | Where is he? – Over there. Bound hand and foot in… | – 他在哪?被绑在椅子上 绑住了手和脚… |
[1:17:13] | Where did he go? | 他去哪了? |
[1:17:15] | Where is he? What are you talking about? | 他在哪?你在说些什么? |
[1:17:16] | He was right here. He was… – I’m amazed. | – 他刚就在那,就在 我要疯了 |
[1:17:18] | Kleinman saw him. He was here. | 克莱曼看见他了 他就在那 |
[1:17:21] | Yes I did. He was right over here. | 是的,我看到了 他就在那 |
[1:17:22] | No man could have escaped from… | 没有人可以从这里逃脱 |
[1:17:25] | Look, look. You see here, these are real locks. | 你看啊,这些都是真的锁 |
[1:17:29] | Yes we had him. – Almstead, you drink too much. | – 使得我们抓到他了 阿尔姆斯塔德 你喝多了 |
[1:17:31] | No, he was… – I tell you he was here. We had the killer. | -不…他 我告诉你他刚就在那 我们抓着他了 |
[1:17:34] | Search the building. | 搜查这附近 |
[1:17:35] | Looks like he’s a better magician than you. | 看起来他的魔术水平比你还高 |
[1:17:40] | I’m so tired. I can’t even think straight. | 我太累了,我简直无法思考 |
[1:17:43] | I can imagine. – I want to go to sleep. | -我不能想象 我想去睡觉 |
[1:17:49] | We definitely had him. Believe me. – Yes. | – 我们绝对抓住他们了 相信我 是的 |
[1:17:52] | Ask him. – Even I could not have escaped. | – 问他 就算是我也没办法逃脱 |
[1:17:54] | All I know is you certainly saved my life. | 我只知道你救了我的命 |
[1:17:57] | You were very brave. | 你非常勇敢 |
[1:17:58] | Well, I can be brave, you know? | 是,我可以很勇敢 你知道吗 |
[1:18:00] | You were. | 你确实 |
[1:18:01] | It’s just that I can’t think about it first, you know. | 只是我最初不这么想 |
[1:18:02] | If I ever think about what’s going to happen to me, | 如果我一想发生在我身上的事 |
[1:18:05] | then I lose control of my muscles. | 我就失去控制 |
[1:18:09] | Well, I guess this is goodbye, you know. | 我想改说再见了 |
[1:18:12] | We’re going to be pulling out in a few hours. | 我们一会儿就要离开了 |
[1:18:14] | It’s been a strange night hasn’t it? – Oh… | -这真是个奇怪的夜晚 不是吗? |
[1:18:17] | I feel like my whole life has changed. | 我感觉我的整个生活都改变了 |
[1:18:19] | Me too. Very, very unusual. | 我也是 非常 非常不寻常 |
[1:18:23] | So are you going to be okay? | 所以你还好吧 |
[1:18:25] | I should be all right you know, apart from the fact that I’m wanted by a lynch mob, | 我想我应该很好 事实上我差点被暴徒处死 |
[1:18:29] | and the police are after me and there’s a homicidal maniac loose, | 还有警察跟着我 还有一个杀人犯 |
[1:18:32] | and I’m unemployed, you know, everything else is fine. | 然后我还失业了 其他的事都很好 |
[1:18:34] | What are you going to do? | 你要去做什么? |
[1:18:36] | Mr. Kleinman. | 克莱曼先生 |
[1:18:38] | You know that I’m looking for an assistant? | 你知道我正在找一个助手吗? |
[1:18:41] | You are? | 是吗? |
[1:18:42] | Yes, you said that you knew all of my tricks, huh? | 对,你说你知道我所有的魔术,是吗? |
[1:18:44] | Yes, I’m an amateur magician. I’m an amateur. | 对,我是一个业余爱好者 |
[1:18:47] | As a matter of fact, I can do a little thing here that you might appreciate. | 我可以做一点你可能会很感激的事 |
[1:18:51] | This is… You know… I’m not as good as I once… | 可是 你知道 我可能并不那么适合 |
[1:18:54] | Wait, wait, wait. Because I’m nervous. | 等等等等 因为我很紧张 |
[1:18:55] | Because it’s almost… Oh, wait. | 因为我 哦等等 |
[1:18:57] | Well, that is a beginning. Hey, yes. Of course it is. | 好吧,那只是个开始 好吧,当然好了 |
[1:19:00] | Now, at any rate, you know, you assisted Almstead at a critical time. | 现在 你在一个危险的时候帮助了阿尔姆斯塔德先生 |
[1:19:06] | I am still bewildered by his miraculous escape. | 我还是对他的逃走很吃惊 |
[1:19:10] | My theory is we did something to deserve all this. | 我认为我们做的一切都值了 |
[1:19:12] | Oh, that’s crazy. | 哦 那太疯狂了 |
[1:19:13] | Theories, that’s all I hear all night. Theories and questions. | 理论 我听了一晚上的理论 理论和问题 |
[1:19:15] | What’s your theory? | 你的理论是什么? |
[1:19:17] | My theory is that nothing good is going to happen until we catch him. | 我的理论是在我们抓住他之前不会有好事发生 |
[1:19:19] | So, Mr. Kleinman, do you wish to assist the great Almstead? | 所以 克莱曼先生 你愿意协助阿尔姆斯塔德吗? |
[1:19:22] | Watch this. I would love to, believe me, but I, you know, can’t just run away | 我愿意 相信我 |
[1:19:26] | and join the circus. | 我不会立即跑掉 我会加入马戏团 |
[1:19:27] | Oh, just what’s wrong with the circus? | 马戏团有什么问题嘛? |
[1:19:29] | You travel, you drink. There’s beautiful women. | 你旅行 喝酒 还有许多漂亮女人 |
[1:19:33] | I can’t. You know what, I’m going to join the circus. | 我不能 哦我会加入马戏团的 |
[1:19:35] | That’s crazy. You know, I have to go back to town | 太疯狂了,我还要回镇上去呢 |
[1:19:38] | and, you know, join real life. | 你知道,回到真实生活中去 |
[1:19:41] | Like what? What? | 像什么? |
[1:19:42] | What do you mean, like what? You know, what kind of question is that? | 像什么是什么意思?这是什么问题? |
[1:19:46] | I could marry my landlady and run a boarding house. | 我可以加给我的房东 然后经营一家小旅馆 |
[1:19:48] | Oh, yes, yes, yes. The gray hat. | 哦是是是 那个灰色帽子 |
[1:19:52] | Sooner or later we all must put on the gray hat of compromise. | 迟早我们都得带上灰色帽子 |
[1:19:57] | No, I’m, you know… | 不 我 你知道 |
[1:19:58] | Believe me, I’m flattered by your offer but I, you know… | 相信我 你给我的东西我很感激 |
[1:20:02] | At heart I’m a clerk you know, I’m an ink-stained wretch is what it is in the end. | 但是 我只是个志愿 最终我也只是个不幸的人 |
[1:20:06] | So you do not wish to apprentice with the immortal Almstead, eh? | 你不想当学徒嘛?和伟大的阿尔姆斯塔德一起 |
[1:20:10] | Hmm. Well, you know, they come from all over to see Almstead | 你知道他们都来看阿尔姆斯塔德 |
[1:20:13] | even the crowned heads. | 甚至小丑的头 |
[1:20:15] | I once produced a rabbit from between the bosoms of the Queen of Denmark. | 我曾经在丹麦皇后的怀里变出了一只兔子 |
[1:20:20] | A small rabbit. Small bosoms. | 一只小兔子 |
[1:20:26] | How could I work for the circus? You know, it’s crazy. | 我怎么能为马戏团工作 你知道 那太疯狂了 |
[1:20:33] | Although I must say, to be Almstead’s assistant would be… | 虽然我承认 能成为阿尔姆斯塔德的助手会… |
[1:20:39] | It’s crazy, it’s just a dream. | 太疯狂了 那只是个梦 |
[1:20:42] | I don’t know if we’re going to be passing through this way again. | 我不知道是否我们还会来这个地方 |
[1:20:52] | Good luck. – You take care of yourself. | -祝你好运 照顾好自己 |
[1:20:54] | You, too. – Thank you. | – 你也是 谢谢 |
[1:21:12] | Huh. | |
[1:21:13] | Imagine turning down an opportunity to work with a legend | 想想一下去跟一段传奇在一场节目里 |
[1:21:16] | in the show business. | 一起工作 |
[1:21:18] | Meanwhile, your tricks didn’t stop the killer. | 同时 你的戏法没能阻止杀手 |
[1:21:20] | No, no, but we checked his reins for a moment, perhaps we even frightened him. | 不不,但我们一度关注了他 也许我们吓住他了 |
[1:21:26] | Look. Look what he has done to my mirror. | 看他对我的镜子做的好事 |
[1:21:31] | Well, I had better pack up my paraphernalia. | 好吧,我最好收拾收拾我的行李 |
[1:21:35] | Almstead. | 阿尔姆斯塔德 |
[1:21:37] | I’ve decided to accept your offer. | 我决定接受你的邀请 |
[1:21:39] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[1:21:40] | Of course, the pay is very low. | 当然 薪酬非常低 |
[1:21:43] | That’s okay. I don’t need much money. You just give me… | 那也没关系 我不需要很多的钱 |
[1:21:45] | Very, very low pay. | 你只用给我非常 非常低的钱就可以了 |
[1:21:46] | I understand that, but it’s no problem. | 我能理解 但是这不是问题 |
[1:21:48] | Perhaps even lower than you might think. | 或许比你想的还低 |
[1:21:50] | I don’t care. This is going to be the first time in my life | 我不在乎 这是我生活中的第一次 |
[1:21:53] | that I can actually do something that I really love. | 我可以选择我真正热爱的事情 |
[1:21:56] | Love? Just make sure that love does not interfere with your duties. | 热爱?你确定这不是出于你的责任? |
[1:22:01] | No. Don’t worry, my duties come first. | 不 别担心 |
[1:22:03] | What better way to spend the rest of my life than to help you with | 度过我余生的最好方式 |
[1:22:07] | all those wonderful illusions of yours. | 就是帮助你完成所有的魔术 |
[1:22:09] | It’s true. Everybody loves his illusions. | 这是真的 人人都爱他的魔术 |
[1:22:12] | Loves them. | 爱他们 |
[1:22:15] | They need them like they need the air. | 他们需要魔术就像需要空气一样 |