时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | Oh, God! | 哦 老天 |
[00:55] | Oh! | 嗷 |
[01:06] | Ah. | 啊 |
[04:33] | Yonkers. | 去扬克斯 |
[04:35] | Six minutes, seven, tops. | 六分钟就到 最多七分钟 |
[05:14] | We’re gonna go east. | 我们要去东边 |
[05:16] | East, on the side of the parkway. | 东边 在林阴大道旁边 |
[05:25] | Is that Palmer? | 那是帕尔默街区吗 |
[05:27] | No, I think that’s Tuckahoe. | 不 我觉得那是塔卡霍街区 |
[05:36] | Now west. | 现在向西走 |
[05:39] | Getty Square. | 盖蒂广场 |
[05:45] | – Do you wanna go around again? – Yeah. | -你想再转一圈吗 -好的 |
[05:53] | The zoning board has attached certain conditions | 城市规划委员会局增加了一些附加条件 |
[05:56] | to its own approval of the special exception | 使其有权自行批准通过某些特殊情况 |
[06:00] | subject to this council’s approval… | 但仍需委员会的赞成通过… |
[06:02] | Thanks, Kathy. | 谢谢 凯西 |
[06:04] | – Are council meetings all this boring? – Most. | -议会一向都这么无聊吗 -大部分是 |
[06:09] | – That’s, um, Mr. Oxman? – Harry. Over there. | -那位是 呃 奥克斯曼先生吗 -是哈里 就在那边 |
[06:12] | – You didn’t meet him yet? – No, not yet. | -你还没见过他吗 -不 还没呢 |
[06:14] | I heard about the job from Father Duffell at St. Peter’s. | 圣彼得教堂的杜弗尔神父给我介绍的工作 |
[06:18] | Mr. Oxman’s a Democrat, right? | 奥克斯曼先生是民主党 对吧 |
[06:20] | In Yonkers, parties don’t matter. | 在扬克斯 党派并不重要 |
[06:22] | Whoever controls the majority of the council | 无论是谁只要控制了议会的大多数 |
[06:24] | controls the city. | 就能掌控这个城市 |
[06:26] | Angelo Martinelli, the mayor, he’s Republican. | 市长安吉洛·马蒂内利 他是共和党人 |
[06:29] | He’s been around forever. | 他连任了好几届了 |
[06:30] | Has most of the council voting with him. | 他拥有议会的大部分选票 |
[06:32] | The Republicans were really pissed at Martinelli, | 共和党们很看不惯马蒂内利 |
[06:35] | especially Nick Longo right there. | 尤其是那边的尼克·隆戈 |
[06:38] | …Rules Committee and adopt the measure… | 法规委员会并采取措施 |
[06:40] | – Hey, how are you? – Good. How are you? | -嗨 你好吗 -挺好的 你呢 |
[06:43] | – Thank you, Councilwoman Restiano. – Nick Wasicsko– | -谢谢 雷斯蒂亚诺议员 -尼克·沃西斯科 |
[06:46] | he was a county cop who ran in the 7th Ward. | 他是管理七号选区的郡警 |
[06:48] | First-timer. | 是个新手 |
[06:50] | If your mother needs a handicap space, you just let me know, | 如果你母亲需要残疾者停车位 就告诉我 |
[06:53] | ’cause I got these parking people on the speed dial, all right? | 因为只要我一个电话就能帮你解决 好吗 |
[06:56] | – Lives with his mother. – Is Mr. Wasicsko here? | -和他母亲一起住 -沃西斯科先生在吗 |
[07:01] | – Councilman Wasicsko. – Right here, Mr. Mayor. | -沃西斯科议员 -我在这儿 市长先生 |
[07:04] | – Just give me a call. – I will. Thank you. | -有事打我电话 -我会的 谢谢 |
[07:06] | Yeah. Sorry. | 哦 抱歉 |
[07:08] | One second. | 马上 |
[07:12] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[07:13] | Mr. Mayor, Resolution 143 | 市长先生 第143条决议 |
[07:15] | deals with traffic safety along Yonkers Avenue between… | 要解决沿扬克斯街的交通安全问题 |
[07:21] | I want to get one more good look at the projects. | 我想再看一下那些路 |
[07:24] | – Which ones? – Schlobohm. | -哪些 -施洛本 |
[07:26] | – Those? – Yeah, right there. | -那里吗 -对 就是那儿 |
[07:28] | Right downtown. There you go. | 就在市中心 去吧 |
[07:44] | Come, Felipe. | 过来 费利佩 |
[07:47] | You can watch some TV now and then you clean your room. | 现在你可以看电视了 然后把你的屋子整理干净 |
[07:53] | All right, but you have to do your tasks. | 好吧 但你也把你的工作做完 |
[07:59] | – Yeah. – See, I told you! | -好耶 -看 我告诉过你了 |
[08:02] | What the fuck is that, nigga? | 那他妈的是什么 黑佬 |
[08:03] | Go ahead, motherfucker. That’s it, man. | 来啊 去你妈的 就是这样 伙计 |
[08:05] | Go ahead. See, I told you, B. | 继续 看 我告诉过你了 B |
[08:10] | Nah, shit, boy! | 不对 妈的 伙计 |
[08:12] | I told you. I told you. | 我都告诉过你了 |
[08:28] | No, but you changed it. | 不 但你换过台了 |
[08:30] | No! But I want to turn on the TV. | 不是 我想开电视 |
[08:33] | – But you changed the channel yesterday. – No. | -但你昨天就换了台 -我没有 |
[08:42] | – Guys, please. – I hate this show. | -孩子们 别闹了 -我讨厌那个节目 |
[08:44] | – Mommy? – But why wait? I want fun now. | -妈妈 -还在等什么 我现在就想看 |
[08:48] | First, the car colors need a tune-up… | 首先 那车的颜色该换换了 |
[08:50] | All I’m saying is it would be a good thing | 我想说的是如果你和塔莎能搬出 |
[08:52] | if you and Tasha could get out of Schlobohm. | 施洛本的话会该多好啊 |
[08:54] | And this place ain’t gonna get no better. | 这地方又不会有所改善 |
[08:56] | You want Lorna Doones or… | 你想来点曲奇酥饼还是 |
[09:00] | – Nilla Wafers? – I’m serious, Ma. | -薄煎饼 -我很认真的 妈 |
[09:04] | Now, there are other places besides Schlobohm for black folk. | 现在 黑人除了施洛本以外还有很多地方可以去 |
[09:06] | You think School Street Projects gonna be any better? | 你觉得学院路计划就会有帮助吗 |
[09:10] | – Or Mulford? – An apartment, Ma. | -或者马尔福德 -我说的是公寓 妈 |
[09:13] | Now, I can help you with the rent. | 现在 我可以帮你分担房租 |
[09:15] | Like you like it. | 按你喜欢的口味做的 |
[09:17] | I came here to visit, not to have my mama | 我是来探望你的 不是像个小学生一样 |
[09:19] | pack me a bag lunch like a schoolboy. | 来拿妈妈给我包好的午饭的 |
[09:21] | Go build some nice cars today. | 今天多造几辆漂亮的小汽车哦 |
[09:24] | Minivans, Ma. | 是小货车 妈 |
[09:25] | We build minivans up in Tarrytown. I told you. | 我们在塔里敦造小货车 我和你说过的 |
[09:28] | Good ones. | 一定是很棒的车 |
[09:29] | Y’all build the best little vans | 我敢肯定 你们会做出钱能买到的 |
[09:32] | money can buy, I’m sure. | 最棒的小货车的 |
[09:34] | Come here. | 过来 |
[09:38] | – Love you, Ma. – Mm-hmm. | -爱你 妈妈 -嗯 |
[09:53] | You want a moment for yourself, don’t you, Nicky? | 你想自己待会儿 不是吗 尼基 |
[09:57] | Not really. | 不太想 |
[09:59] | I can tell. | 我看得出来 |
[10:01] | Go on, talk to him. | 去吧 和他说会儿话 |
[10:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:17] | So, uh… | 所以 呃 |
[10:19] | what’s new with you? | 你怎么样 |
[10:24] | Uh, me? | 呃 我吗 |
[10:26] | You know, same old bullshit. | 你知道的 还是老样子 |
[10:28] | Traded a vote with Oxman on a parking ordinance. | 用停车条例换了奥克斯曼一票 |
[10:32] | I, um– I got a bill in with Martinelli | 我 呃 我和马蒂内利共同提案 |
[10:35] | to name the senior center. | 建设老年人中心 |
[10:39] | Housing resolution’s coming up again. | 住房决议又开始了 |
[10:41] | That should be shit in a bag. | 那没什么悬念 |
[10:46] | But nothing’s easy, you know? | 但没有什么事是能那么容易的 你懂吗 |
[10:47] | We all got problems. | 我们都有自己的难处 |
[10:51] | Except you. Right, Pop? | 除了你 对吗 老爸 |
[11:08] | – Hey, Tommy. – Councilman. | -嗨 汤米 -议员 |
[11:10] | Hey, you coming to kiss the ring? For what, gold shield? | 嗨 来拍马屁吗 为了什么 混个金饭碗么 |
[11:12] | Nah. Council agenda for Tuesday. | 不 来送周二的议会议程 |
[11:14] | How else would you guys know how to vote if Ralph don’t tell ya? | 拉尔夫没告诉你们的话你们怎么知道如何投票 |
[11:20] | Hey, Joni. Mr. Arred should be expecting me. | 嗨 乔妮 我和阿瑞德先生已经约好了 |
[11:22] | – I’ll let him know you’re here. – All right, thanks. | -我去告诉他你到了 -好的 谢了 |
[11:25] | Hey, young Charlie Cola, as I live and breathe. | 嘿 小查理·科拉 真没想到啊 |
[11:29] | I just left your dad over at the hall. | 我刚刚才在大厅里遇到你爸了 |
[11:32] | – You up here for what? – Nothing, really. | -你来这儿干嘛 -没什么 真的 |
[11:35] | Councilman Wasicsko is here. | 沃西斯科议员来了 |
[11:37] | Okay, well, good luck with that. | 哦 好吧 祝你好运 |
[11:38] | Mr. Arred’s ready for you. | 您可以进来见阿瑞德先生了 |
[11:40] | Oh, all right. | 哦 好的 |
[11:48] | I don’t know. I don’t see it, Ralph. | 我不知道 我不懂 拉尔夫 |
[11:53] | Martinelli’s been in there for six terms. | 马蒂内利已经任职六届了 |
[11:55] | – Enough is enough, maybe. – The guy owns a printing company. | -也许该适可而止了 -那家伙有自己的印刷公司 |
[11:59] | He can paper the city with campaign literature | 他的竞选刊物可以 |
[12:01] | a dozen times over. | 绕全市十几圈了 |
[12:03] | Look, I’m not gonna bullshit you. | 听着 我不会跟你瞎扯 |
[12:05] | Angelo’s strong. But who knows? | 安吉洛势力很强 但谁知道呢 |
[12:09] | Right guy at the right time? | 也得在对的时间有对的人不是吗 |
[12:11] | You got two years on the council | 你在议会待了两年了 |
[12:13] | and no enemies so far. | 至今也没树敌 |
[12:15] | How old are you? | 你多大了 |
[12:17] | I’ll be 28 in May. | 五月就二十八岁了 |
[12:18] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[12:20] | You got plenty of time, even if it doesn’t work this run. | 你有的是时间 即使这次没成功也没关系 |
[12:23] | I’m– I’m really not seeing it, Ralph. | 我 我真的不懂 拉尔夫 |
[12:26] | Why? Why run me for mayor? | 为什么 为什么让我去竞选市长 |
[12:28] | Nick, look, this redistricting, | 尼克 听着 这次重划选区 |
[12:31] | I got two Democrats, two good votes– | 我手上有两个民主党人 两个很好的候选人 |
[12:33] | you and Frank McGovern– | 你和弗兰克·麦戈文 |
[12:35] | who are gonna be primarying each other. | 你们两个必然有一个会当选 |
[12:36] | Yeah, okay, well, then run McGovern for mayor | 嗯 好 那就让麦戈文去竞选市长啊 |
[12:38] | and let me hold down my council seat | 还是让我继续坐稳我议员的位子吧 |
[12:39] | and, you know, you run Frank against Martinelli. | 你知道的 你可以让弗兰克去和马蒂内利竞争 |
[12:41] | I don’t see Frank that way. | 我不看好弗兰克 |
[12:44] | Look, I’ll raise you some money, Nick. | 听着 我会帮你筹些钱的 尼克 |
[12:46] | Enough to make a respectable run– say, 40 grand. | 足够做一场体面的竞选 比如说 四万 |
[12:49] | I’m not gonna throw you to the wolves here, Nick. | 我不会把你往狼窝里推的 尼克 |
[12:52] | You got a real shot at this, maybe. | 也许你的胜算真的很大 |
[13:03] | – Councilman Mangieri. – Here. | -曼杰里议员 -在 |
[13:06] | – Councilwoman McKirgan. – Here. | -麦克根议员 -在 |
[13:09] | Not so boring tonight, huh? | 今晚没那么无聊了 是吧 |
[13:11] | – Councilman Fay. – Here. | -费伊议员 -在 |
[13:13] | – Councilwoman Restiano. – Here. | -雷斯蒂亚诺议员 -在 |
[13:16] | Councilman Spallone. | 斯帕隆议员 |
[13:19] | I was there, Bobby. You don’t think I wasn’t there? | 我当时在场 鲍比 你难道觉得我不会去吗 |
[13:22] | I watched the Bronx die from what this idiot judge | 我眼睁睁看着布朗克斯毁在这项白痴决议上 |
[13:25] | is trying to shove down our throats. | 我们也会被逼得喘不过来气 |
[13:26] | – Councilman Spallone! – Yeah, yeah. I’m here. | -斯帕隆议员 -是 是 我在这儿 |
[13:33] | All present, Mr. Mayor. | 都到齐了 市长先生 |
[13:39] | First item, then. | 那么这就开始第一项 |
[13:41] | Resolution number 69, | 第六十九号决议 |
[13:43] | Mayor Martinelli and Vice Mayor Oxman sponsoring. | 由市长马蒂内利和副市长奥克斯曼发起 |
[13:46] | In the matter of court-ordered housing | 根据法庭指定住房一事 |
[13:48] | in the case of the United States and the NAACP | 美利坚合众国及全国有色人种协进会诉 |
[13:52] | versus City of Yonkers. | 扬克斯市 |
[13:58] | Is there any discussion? | 谁有意见 |
[14:00] | Yeah, there’s something I’d like to discuss, Mr. Mayor. | 是的 对此我有话要说 市长先生 |
[14:03] | I’d like to discuss the fact that what this judge is doing | 我想讨论一下 事实上这项判决 |
[14:06] | is nothing short of social engineering | 无异于是由某个人操作的 |
[14:09] | by someone– by someone who doesn’t live | 社会工程 而这个人并没有住在 |
[14:12] | anywhere near our neighborhood. | 我们的附近 |
[14:14] | The fact is is that we lost that lawsuit. | 事实是我们败诉了 |
[14:16] | The decision before us tonight is clear. | 今晚摆在我们面前的决定已经很明确了 |
[14:18] | The choice is to be responsible | 最终的决定应该要对 |
[14:20] | to the people who elected us. | 我们的选民负责 |
[14:22] | Well, I, for one, am not going to be intimidated | 哦 就我来说 我可不会因为这个 |
[14:24] | by this judge on what I believe in. | 而动摇我的信仰 |
[14:27] | We can’t become a city that is both… | 我们不能成为那种既藐视法庭 |
[14:29] | in contempt and bankrupt. | 又沦落破产的城市 |
[14:32] | The issue is that someone | 问题是有些人 |
[14:35] | is gonna put together a housing plan. | 准备拟定一项房屋计划 |
[14:36] | Do you want to have a say in it? | 你想对此有发言权吗 |
[14:38] | Do we want to make sure that the plan is a moderate one? | 我们想要确保这会是个温和的计划吗 |
[14:40] | ‘Cause that is the only issue now– | 因为这是现在唯一的问题 |
[14:43] | Let him finish. | 让他说完 |
[14:49] | That’s it. We are no longer allowing signs | 就这样 任何标语都不能再出现 |
[14:51] | – in the council chamber. – You. | -在法庭上 -说你呢 |
[14:56] | Anybody who is carrying a sign | 任何持有标语横幅的人 |
[14:58] | shall relinquish it or be removed. | 都要把它收起来 否则赶出会议 |
[15:00] | And anyone involved in any more outbursts | 任何闹事的人 |
[15:05] | will be removed as well! | 也会被赶出会议 |
[15:07] | Help me here. | 帮帮我 |
[15:08] | Jimmy, you try and take my flag, I’ll take it to a reporter. | 吉米 你要是收我的旗子 我就闹到记者那去 |
[15:11] | 10-minute recess! | 休庭十分钟 |
[15:20] | Goddamn judge needs to come down here | 要让那该死的法官来这里 |
[15:22] | – and see what he started. – Mm. | -看看他开的什么好头 -嗯 |
[15:26] | It’s a shitstorm out there, | 这事就是一屎盆子 |
[15:27] | and Spallone’s leading the charge. | 斯帕隆负责这件事 |
[15:30] | You want to hear my good news or what? | 你想不想知道一个好消息 |
[15:32] | Come on, take a guess. | 来猜猜 |
[15:36] | Ralph Arred thinks I should run for mayor against Angelo. | 拉尔夫·阿瑞德提议我和安吉洛一起竞选市长 |
[15:38] | Offered me $40,000. | 他说能给我筹资四万块 |
[15:50] | – Who was that? – That’s Oscar Newman. | -那是谁 -奥斯卡·纽曼 |
[15:52] | He’s the expert we hired to consult on the housing. | 他是我们请的住房专家顾问 |
[15:54] | We tried to fire him twice, | 我们曾试着解雇他两次 |
[15:56] | and now the judge is making us pay the guy | 但是现在不管我们喜不喜欢 |
[15:57] | to help us build the housing whether we like it or not. | 法官就是要我们请他帮我们盖房子 |
[15:59] | Within this crowd, you | 就算在人群里 |
[16:00] | don’t want to stand within 10 feet of the guy. | 你都不会想靠近到他十英尺以内 |
[16:01] | So, “Nick Wasicsko for Mayor”? | 那么就 “尼克·沃西斯科竞选市长” |
[16:07] | Of Yonkers? | 扬克斯市长 |
[16:09] | Good one. Let’s talk. | 不错 来聊聊 |
[16:17] | Not working today? | 今天没去上班吗 |
[16:21] | Store closed? | 没开店吗 |
[16:24] | No, I’m off. | 嗯 我休假 |
[16:26] | What are you doing with the day? | 你今天要做什么 |
[16:31] | You got a plan for the day? | 你有什么计划吗 |
[16:33] | Going down School. | 沿学院路走走 |
[16:35] | School Street? What for? | 学院路 去干什么 |
[16:37] | To see my sister. | 去看看我姐姐 |
[16:39] | We left out of there 10 years ago. | 我们十年前从那搬出来 |
[16:41] | I just don’t know why you keep going back. | 我只是不知道你为什么还要再回去 |
[16:44] | Ma, are you ready? | 妈妈 准备好了吗 |
[16:45] | I’m gonna be late my own self if we don’t get out of here. | 如果不现在动身的话我就要迟到了 |
[16:50] | – Are those my earrings? – No. | -那是我的耳环吗 -不是 |
[16:53] | They look like a pair I’m missing… | 看上去像我丢了的那对 |
[17:01] | Tell Gail big sis said, “Hey.” | 替我向盖尔大姐问好 |
[17:18] | It’s just down to foot-dragging at this point | 到了这时候也只是在拖延时间 |
[17:20] | and the judge won’t put a stop to it. | 法官不会停止这计划的 |
[17:22] | He could. He could impose a housing desegregation plan | 他可以啊 他可以强制实施废除种族居住隔离计划 |
[17:26] | with or without the cooperation of Yonkers. | 不管扬克斯是否配合 |
[17:28] | Why doesn’t he? | 那他为什么不停止呢 |
[17:30] | He thinks it’s better for the city government to participate. | 他觉得市政府最好参与进来 |
[17:32] | He thinks that once they realize that the fight’s over | 他觉得一旦他们意识到反抗结束了 |
[17:36] | that they’ll come around. | 他们就会接受了 |
[17:39] | The people have been doing the same thing for 50 years. | 人们已经这么做将近五十年了 |
[17:42] | They’re not– not just gonna change. | 这不会轻易改变的 |
[17:44] | You don’t mean to suggest | 你该不会觉得 |
[17:45] | that white folk aren’t gonna welcome us? | 白人并不欢迎我们吧 |
[17:48] | Look, like it or not– like it or not, | 听着 不管他们喜不喜欢 不管他们喜不喜欢 |
[17:52] | Yonkers has to put 200 units of low-income housing | 扬克斯市必须得将两百个保障性住房 |
[17:54] | on the white side of the Saw Mill River Parkway, | 放置在锯木厂河大道旁的白人区内 |
[17:56] | and when Judge Sand loses patience, | 等桑德法官没耐心了 |
[17:58] | they’ll desegregate or they’ll be held in contempt. | 他们就会取消种族隔离了 不然就是藐视法庭 |
[18:01] | The contempt is there no matter what. | 他们不一直都藐视法庭吗 |
[18:03] | Preach, brother. | 说得好 老兄 |
[18:09] | – Ben? Ben. – Hang on. | -本 本 -等等 |
[18:11] | Do you think I could just– could I have a minute, please? | 我可不可以占用你几分钟时间 |
[18:17] | Are you guys pissed at me about something? | 你们在生我的气吗 |
[18:19] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[18:22] | This is a victory for the NAACP. | 这是全国有色人种协进会的胜利 |
[18:24] | It’s a– it’s an honest-to-God legal precedent. | 这是 这是一个确确实实的判例 |
[18:27] | How many other cities just pile the low-income housing | 有多少城市就直接把保障性住房 |
[18:30] | into black neighborhoods | 放在黑人区内 |
[18:31] | or use federal money to segregate? | 或者用联邦的钱来实行种族隔离 |
[18:33] | This is– it’s a big win for the movement. | 这是这个运动的巨大胜利 |
[18:36] | 10 years ago, I would’ve agreed. | 如果在十年前 我会同意的 |
[18:40] | Back then, I’d have seen this case | 那时候的我会觉得这个案例 |
[18:41] | – as the answer to a problem. – Okay. | -是解决这个问题的答案 -对啊 |
[18:43] | Most of us would have, | 大多数人都会这样认为 |
[18:45] | but we’ve been at this game a long time, Mike. | 可是这场比赛我们已经比得够久了 迈克 |
[18:49] | Longer than you, and a lot of us are at the point | 比你要久 此刻我们大多数人都认为 |
[18:51] | where if they don’t want to live with us, | 如果他们不愿和我们共同生活 |
[18:53] | then why should we want to live with them? | 那么我们又为何要去和他们生活在一起 |
[18:55] | Ah, come on. What? | 得了吧 |
[18:56] | Are you– are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[18:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:01] | Maybe I’ve grown old in this fight. | 或许我已经被这场斗争折磨得身心俱疲 |
[19:03] | Maybe the fight has grown old to me, | 又或许这场斗争本身就太过漫长无期 |
[19:05] | but watching how this has played out | 但是看看在过去的七年里 |
[19:08] | over the last seven years, | 这场斗争的结果 |
[19:10] | how much we’re going through | 我们为了这几百个分散的居住区 |
[19:12] | for a few hundred scattered units of housing… | 经历了多少挫折 |
[19:14] | The Executive Director | 全国有色人种协进会的 |
[19:16] | of the NAACP is arguing against integration. | 执行理事正在反对种族融合 |
[19:19] | – Who’d have thought it? – No. | -谁会想到呢 -不是 |
[19:21] | I’m not arguing against anything, Mike. | 我没有反对任何事 迈克 |
[19:24] | I’m just tired. | 我只是累了 |
[19:49] | I like Yonkers better than Jersey. | 比起泽西 我更喜欢扬克斯 |
[19:58] | Yo. They fiending today, boy. | 他们今天毒瘾发作了 |
[20:01] | Time to head back over to Riverdale for that re-up. | 该回里弗代尔去补货了 |
[20:06] | Yo, you met Doreen, Gail’s sister? | 你见过盖尔的妹妹朵琳吗 |
[20:08] | This is my brother Skipper… | 这是我兄弟外号队长 |
[20:10] | – after that peanut butter. – Oh, come on, man. | -得名于那次花生酱事件 -要不要这样啊哥们 |
[20:13] | No, true dat. Yo, you ate so much of that shit | 这是真事 你一到这就吃超多的花生酱 |
[20:15] | when you was comin’ up, we had to tag you with that shit. | 我们不得不给你贴上这样的标签 |
[20:17] | Yo, you stupid. | 你个傻子 |
[20:20] | Nuh-uh, Gail didn’t say nothing about no sister, now. | 嗯 盖尔没提过她有妹妹的事 |
[20:23] | I’d have remembered that. | 不然我会记得的 |
[20:26] | Yes, I would. Mm-hmm. | 嗯 肯定会记得的 |
[20:28] | Police? | 那是警察吗 |
[20:32] | Yo, if them off-brand, professor-looking bitches be police, | 如果不佩戴警徽 那种书呆子模样的警察 |
[20:34] | ain’t nobody getting caught doing shit. | 能抓到什么坏人 |
[20:37] | Look at the beard on that Abe Lincoln-looking motherfucker, yo. | 看那个长得像林肯的杂种脸上那胡子 |
[20:41] | God damn. | 该死的 |
[20:43] | Pass it. | 给我 |
[20:44] | He got a grip on them emancipation papers. | 他手上拿着好些解放文件呐 |
[20:46] | That shit ain’t gonna work up in the projects. Shit. | 只不过那堆破纸在这个计划并没有什么用 |
[20:51] | We cooked, Mama. | 我们做了饭 妈妈 |
[20:53] | Tia Dama showed me a recipe– sancocho. | 黛玛阿姨教了我做木薯香蕉肉 |
[20:56] | Maria wanted to cook. | 玛利亚想做饭 |
[20:58] | I couldn’t keep her out of the kitchen. | 她待在厨房里我赶也赶不走 |
[21:03] | Mm! It’s really good, little girl. | 嗯 非常好啊 小姑娘 |
[21:13] | Do you know the Mota family in Building Two? | 你知道住在二号楼的莫塔一家吗 |
[21:17] | – Gabriella’s boys? – Mm. | -加布里埃尔的孩子们 -嗯 |
[21:22] | Just yesterday they were little. | 感觉昨天他们都还是小孩子 |
[21:31] | They’re older now. | 现在他们成熟多了 |
[21:36] | How much longer for the city of Yonkers | 多久以来 扬克斯市政府 |
[21:38] | to comply with the order of this court, of this judge? | 都遵守着这个法庭 这个法官的法令 |
[21:40] | – Your Honor, compliance with the court order– – Compliance. | -阁下 服从法庭的要求 -服从 |
[21:42] | This is 657 pages. | 一共有657页 |
[21:45] | The finding? | 发现了什么 |
[21:47] | Yonkers intentionally segregated its housing | 扬克斯市将近四十年来是故意 |
[21:49] | and its schools for 40 years. | 对住所和学校进行隔离 |
[21:51] | This is a decision. It was issued a year and a half ago. | 这是一项决议 一年半之前就已经提出来了 |
[21:54] | I, too, am growing impatient. | 我也越来越没耐心了 |
[21:55] | Your Honor, when there is a violation of the Constitution, | 法官阁下 一旦涉及违反宪法 |
[21:59] | the remedy cannot be ignored because it is unpopular. | 总不能因为救助措施不得人心就被忽略 |
[22:01] | On the subject of the housing remedy, Your Honor– | 在住房救助问题上 法官阁下 |
[22:03] | – Mr. Newman. – Your Honor, the court’s idea of concentrating | -纽曼先生 -法官阁下 法院要求把两百个 |
[22:07] | 200 public housing units on just two sites is– | 公共住房集中在两片区域内 是… |
[22:11] | well, I think there’s a better way. | 好吧 我觉得那样更好 |
[22:13] | We’re only talking about 200 units | 我们只是在讨论这个二十万人口的城市里 |
[22:14] | in a city of 200,000 people. | 的这两百个住房 |
[22:17] | Yes, but you want it on just two sites in East Yonkers. | 是的 但是你只想让他们集中在扬克斯东部的两个地方 |
[22:19] | For that to work, those 200 units | 为了使其可行 这两百户人 |
[22:21] | would have to be spread out over more sites– | 要分散到更多的地方 |
[22:24] | – maybe eight or 10. – Eight or 10 sites? | -或许八个或者十个 -八个或者十个地方 |
[22:26] | Too many units in any neighborhood | 如果一个社区安置过多的低保住户 |
[22:28] | won’t blend in with the community. | 他们不会融入当地社区的 |
[22:29] | It becomes isolated and divisive. | 会造成社区分裂不和 |
[22:31] | Any low-income housing in Yonkers is divisive. | 扬克斯的所有低保住房救助都会分裂不和 |
[22:33] | – That’s how they see it. – Your Honor, for the record, | -这就是他们的看法 -法官阁下 先声明一点 |
[22:35] | Yonkers’ city officials agree with Mr. Newman’s assessment. | 扬克斯的政府官员都同意纽曼先生的意见 |
[22:37] | All Yonkers’ city officials care about is getting reelected. | 扬克斯的官员们关心的只是换届改选 |
[22:40] | If they can use another study to keep them | 如果能有别的方法让他们 |
[22:43] | from doing anything until after the next election, they will. | 在下一次选举前不作为 他们绝对会这么做的 |
[22:49] | I’d like to hear Mr. Newman out. | 我想听完纽曼先生的意见 |
[22:51] | Your Honor, first off, | 法官阁下 首先 |
[22:53] | to make your remedy order successful… | 为了保证你的救助令成功实施 |
[23:01] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[23:03] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嘿 -嘿 |
[23:05] | – My brother Michael. – Hey. | -我兄弟迈克尔 -嘿 |
[23:07] | – Hey. – Mike, Jim Surdoval. | -嘿 -迈克 我是吉姆·索达沃 |
[23:08] | All right. You lose those glasses, we could run you for office. | 好 要是扔了这副眼镜 我们可以帮你竞选了 |
[23:11] | All right, Jim, what do you got? | 好 吉姆 你有什么消息 |
[23:13] | Ralph offered it to Frank McGovern before you, | 拉尔夫在你之前找过弗兰克·麦戈文 |
[23:16] | – but Frank didn’t think Angelo was beatable. – Son of a bitch. | -但是弗兰克觉得他不能打败安吉洛 -该死的杂种 |
[23:18] | And if you do win, he’ll be the first | 如果你最后赢了 他会第一个来 |
[23:20] | – to tell you how good he’s been to you. – Unbelievable. | -告诉你他对你有多好 -难以置信 |
[23:24] | What the fuck? Maybe Angelo is vulnerable. | 什么鬼 或许安吉洛有软肋呢 |
[23:26] | You know, if we can exploit his weaknesses | 你想 如果我们能利用他的弱点 |
[23:28] | or, I don’t know, make you into a statesman. | 我不知道 或许 让你变成一个政治家呢 |
[23:30] | – Funny. – No, but I’m | -有意思 -但我是说 |
[23:31] | saying he’s been in there a long time, right? | 他已经在那位置待很久了 不是吗 |
[23:33] | – So, you know, he’s probably made some enemies. – Here you go. | -所以你知道的 他可能已经树了些敌 -给你 |
[23:35] | He’s made a lot of friends, too. Thank you. | 他也交了很多朋友 谢谢 |
[23:37] | Boom. Maybe we bang him on that, | 对了 或许我们可以攻击他 |
[23:39] | – on putting them all on the city payroll. – Yeah, imagine that. | -把朋友都安插进政府单位 -是 你想想 |
[23:42] | Patronage– appointing friends, not enemies to important posts. | 赞助或者委派朋友 而非敌人 到重要的岗位上 |
[23:45] | I mean, when you’re mayor, Nick, I expect a cushy board job, too. | 我的意思是 如果你是市长 尼克 我也希望能得到一份轻松的工作 |
[23:48] | His IDA appointees giving tax breaks | 他的工业开发署人员给开发商巨头 |
[23:51] | to fat-cat developers who don’t deserve them. | 一些他们不应得的税收减免 |
[23:54] | – That’s pretty boring, right? – Yeah, that. | -太没意思了 是不是 -是啊 |
[23:56] | Not like there’s a scandal there. | 这里面没什么丑闻可挖啊 |
[23:58] | He’s twice Nick’s age. | 他的年龄是尼克的两倍 |
[24:00] | He’s got a confrontational style. | 他做事风格很有对抗性 |
[24:02] | People complain about it. | 人们都抱怨这一点 |
[24:05] | “Don’t get mad, get a new mayor.” | “不要生气 选一个新市长吧” |
[24:08] | I don’t know what that meant the last time you used it | 上次你说让他们换个新议员时就说过这句话 |
[24:09] | and told them to get a new councilman. | 我那时候就不理解是什么意思 |
[24:11] | Well, you know what, it kicked out a six-term incumbent, so… | 你知道的 这让一个连任六届的市长下台了 |
[24:14] | But, Nick, you vote with Angelo mostly. | 但是 尼克 你经常投票给安吉洛 |
[24:16] | You’re right. You’re right. | 你说得对 你说得对 |
[24:19] | Come to think of it, Angelo’s been a pretty good mayor after all. | 你想想 安吉洛好歹是个好市长 |
[24:23] | Fuck it. He’s got my vote. | 该死 我投了他的票 |
[24:28] | Springsteen? | 斯普林斯汀 |
[24:31] | This again? | 又来 |
[24:34] | – Oh, come on. – It’s my theme song. | -哦来吧 -这是我的主题曲 |
[24:47] | got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack | 杰克在巴尔的摩有妻子和孩子 |
[24:50] | I went out for a ride and I never went back | 我出去兜了兜风 再也没回来 |
[24:56] | like a river that don’t know where it’s flowing | 像一条不知流向的河 |
[25:00] | I took a wrong turn and I just kept going | 我走错了方向却还不回头 |
[25:04] | everybody’s got a hungry heart | 每个人都有一颗渴望的心 |
[25:09] | everybody’s got a hungry heart | 每个人都有一颗渴望的心 |
[25:12] | lay down your money and you play your part | 拿出你的钱 我们各尽其能 |
[25:17] | everybody’s got a hu-hu-hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[25:30] | I met her in a Kingstown bar | 我在金斯顿的酒吧遇见她 |
[25:34] | we fell in love, I knew it had to end | 我们相爱了 但我知道不得不结束 |
[25:39] | we took what we had and we ripped it apart | 我们将自己所拥有的撕得粉碎 |
[25:43] | now here I am down in Kingstown again | 我又来到了金斯顿 |
[25:48] | everybody’s got a hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[25:52] | He should be indicted. You know why? | 我们应该起诉他 知道为什么吗 |
[25:55] | Because he knows what we should know… | 因为他知道了我们应该知道的事情 |
[25:56] | lay down your money and you play your part | 拿出你的钱 我们各尽其能 |
[26:01] | everybody’s got a hu-hu-hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[26:08] | la-la-la-la-la-la | 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 |
[26:12] | oh, yeah | 噢耶 |
[26:17] | la-la-la-la-la-la | 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 |
[26:23] | everybody needs a place to rest | 每人都需要休息的地方 |
[26:27] | everybody wants to have a home | 每人都想要一个家 |
[26:31] | don’t make no difference what nobody says | 别人怎么说无所谓 |
[26:36] | ain’t nobody like to be alone | 没人想要孤独终老 |
[26:39] | yeah, everybody’s got a hungry heart | 噢耶 每个人都会贪心 |
[26:45] | everybody’s got a hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[26:49] | lay down your money and you play your part | 拿出你的钱 我们各尽其能 |
[26:53] | everybody’s got a hu-hu-hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[26:58] | everybody’s got a hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[27:01] | oh, yeah | 噢耶 |
[27:03] | everybody’s got a hu-hu-hungry heart | 每个人都会贪心 |
[27:10] | “Honesty, integrity, commitment. | “诚信 正直 有责任心 |
[27:12] | Vote Nick Wasicsko for Mayor.” | 请投尼克·沃西斯科一票” |
[27:15] | Add in “Leadership,” And you’ve hit for the cycle. | 加上“领导能力”后 你就天下无敌了 |
[27:18] | What’s your bumper sticker gonna say? | 你的车尾贴上会写什么 |
[27:20] | Mine? “Nick Longo is an asshole.” | 我的吗 我会写“尼克·隆戈是个混蛋” |
[27:23] | Seriously. What’s it matter? | 说真的 这有什么关系 |
[27:24] | The way they redrew my district, | 他们重新划分了我的选区 |
[27:26] | I lose to Longo by eight points no matter what. | 无论怎样我都比隆戈少八票 |
[27:28] | I know. I’m sorry, Vin. | 我知道 很抱歉 文 |
[27:30] | You should’ve run for mayor like me. | 你该和我一起竞选市长 |
[27:32] | It’s always better to lose big than to lose small. | 就算输也输得漂亮 |
[27:35] | Uh– hey. | 额 嘿 |
[27:37] | Um, any of you guys want some fresh coffee? | 你们想要喝现煮的咖啡吗 |
[27:40] | I just put a pot on. | 我刚煮好一壶 |
[27:41] | – Yeah, I’d love some. – No, I’m good. | -好的 我来一杯 -不 我不喝 |
[27:43] | – Thank you. – Sure. | -谢谢你 -别客气 |
[27:48] | That’s Harry Oxman’s new secretary. | 那是哈里·奥克斯曼的新秘书 |
[27:51] | Or, as I like to call her, “The future Mrs. Wasicsko,” | 我更愿意叫她“未来的沃西斯科夫人” |
[27:53] | though she knows it not. | 虽然她还不知道 |
[27:55] | Well, she’s cute, Nick. You could do a lot worse. | 她很漂亮 尼克 你这次眼光不错 |
[27:58] | In fact, you have done a lot worse. | 讲真 你以前的眼光真的差得无话可说 |
[28:01] | “Leadership, lechery, commitment. Vote Wasicsko.” | “有领导能力 好色 有责任心 请投票给沃西斯科” |
[28:04] | Oh, yeah, that’s better. You’re getting there. | 哦 没错 这样好多了 说得真对 |
[28:06] | And I can work with both parties | 我可以不考虑任何政治因素 |
[28:08] | without any political consideration. | 与两边同时合作 |
[28:11] | That’s what experience gives you. | 这都是经验之谈 |
[28:12] | The more you serve, the more you’re able to do what’s right– | 你贡献得越多 就越有能力做正确的事 |
[28:14] | letting the chips fall where they may. | 不要管后果如何 |
[28:16] | Angelo, there’s been a | 安吉洛 |
[28:17] | lot of opposition to the housing initiative. | 最近很多人反对住房计划的提议 |
[28:19] | Well, that’s an understatement. | 这句话真够轻描淡写了 |
[28:21] | I think that by and large | 我认为总的来说 |
[28:23] | the people of Yonkers understand that a federal judge has ruled | 扬克斯的市民会理解联邦法院已经做出裁定 |
[28:27] | and the city must now comply with the law. | 我们必须遵守法律规定 |
[28:30] | Nick Wasicsko is a first-term councilman. | 尼克·沃西斯科是新晋议员 |
[28:32] | It doesn’t seem like much of a race, does it? | 貌似没有什么悬念 对吧 |
[28:34] | I expect a quiet campaign. | 我认为竞选不会很激烈的 |
[28:38] | No, listen, I say so because | 听着 我这样说是因为 |
[28:40] | my opponent has voted with me on most issues. | 我的对手在很多问题上都投票支持我 |
[28:42] | But Nick– | 但是尼克 |
[28:44] | Nick’s a smart guy with a lot of promise, | 尼克是一个前程似锦的聪明人 |
[28:48] | so I am taking nothing for granted. | 因此一切都不是想当然的 |
[28:55] | Hi, ma’am. How you doing? I’m Nick Wasicsko. | 嗨 女士 你好 我是尼克·沃西斯科 |
[28:57] | I’m running for mayor of Yonkers. | 我在竞选扬克斯的市长 |
[28:59] | You don’t wanna take this with you? | 你不想要个宣传册吗 |
[29:02] | – Nick Wasicsko. I’m running for mayor. – Nah. | -我是尼克·沃西斯科 我在竞选市长 -不要 |
[29:08] | Hi, how you doing? | 嗨 你好 |
[29:10] | – I’m Nick Wasicsko. I’m running for mayor. – No, not now. | -我是尼克·沃西斯科 我在竞选市长 -不要 |
[29:12] | Sure? You can take that pamphlet with you. Look at it at home. | 你确定吗 你可以把宣传册带回家看 |
[29:14] | No, thanks. | 不要 谢谢 |
[29:15] | Hi, ma’am. How you doing? | 嗨 女士 你好 |
[29:17] | Can I help you with your items? | 我帮你拿东西吧 |
[29:18] | – Yeah? Your store items here? – Okay. | -好吗 我帮你拿这些东西吧 -好的 |
[29:20] | – Looks like you need a hand. – Thank you. | -看起来你需要帮忙 -谢谢 |
[29:23] | How you doing? | 你好 |
[29:24] | – I’m Nick Wasicsko. What’s your name? – Uh, Marie. | -我是尼克·沃西斯科 你叫什么 -额 玛丽 |
[29:28] | Nick Wasicsko. I’m running for mayor. | 我是尼克·沃西斯科 我在竞选市长 |
[29:30] | Mayor of Yonkers. Hope to have your support in the election. | 扬克斯市长 希望能在选举中支持我 |
[29:33] | It’s W-A-S-I-C-S-K-O. Spelled just like it sounds. | 我的名字拼写是W-A-S-I-C-S-K-O |
[29:35] | – Okay. – I’m running for mayor of Yonkers. | -好的 -我在竞选扬克斯市长 |
[29:37] | You wanna just take it home and take a look at it? | 想要带回家看看吗 |
[29:43] | Doesn’t cost anything. You just gotta read it. | 这又没什么损失 只要看一看就好 |
[29:46] | I’m sorry. Ma’am, where exactly are you parked? | 抱歉 女士 你的车停在哪里 |
[29:48] | Oh, I got no car. I live six blocks over, up on Warburton. | 噢 我没有车 我住在六个街区外的沃伯顿 |
[29:51] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 他妈的开玩笑吧 |
[30:00] | Hi. How’s it going there? How are you two doing? | 嗨 你们好啊 |
[30:03] | – Are you registered to vote? – No. | -你们登记投票了吗 -没有 |
[30:05] | I’m Nick Wasicsko. I’d like to be your mayor. | 我是尼克·沃西斯科 我想成为你们的市长 |
[30:19] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天呐 |
[30:21] | – Ooh! I’m sorry! – Jesus. Oh, God! | -噢 抱歉 -天呐 |
[30:24] | Oh, come on. I’m sorry, baby. | 抱歉 快起来 抱歉 宝贝 |
[30:40] | Mr. Hobart? | 霍巴特先生 |
[30:42] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[30:45] | Mr. Rodriguez was supposed to relieve me at 4:00. | 罗德里格斯先生应该四点就来换班的 |
[30:49] | 2:00. | 现在两点 |
[30:51] | It is? | 是吗 |
[30:54] | Seems later than that. | 看起来要晚一点啊 |
[30:59] | I’m having trouble with my eyes. | 我眼睛有问题了 |
[31:12] | Fuck this. | 见鬼 |
[31:39] | – Hi. – I’m gonna be a while. | -嗨 -我这还要等一会儿 |
[31:42] | Okay. How long you thinking? | 好吧 要等多久 |
[31:45] | Hours, it looks like. | 几小时吧 |
[31:54] | All right, yeah. | 好吧 |
[31:56] | Thinks he’s gonna run against Angelo and get help around here? | 他以为和安吉洛竞选市长 在这里还能左右逢源吗 |
[31:58] | He’s crazy. | 真是疯了 |
[32:08] | Nick… | 尼克 |
[32:10] | there’s another one in the basement. | 地下室还有一台 |
[32:13] | – What? – A copy machine. | -什么 -复印机 |
[32:18] | Oh. | 噢 |
[32:20] | Yeah, well… | 嗯 好吧 |
[32:23] | I’m sure that one only works for Angelo, too, though, right? | 那一台也只给安吉洛用 对吧 |
[32:26] | Well, you can’t blame people. | 你不能怪他们 |
[32:27] | I mean everyone in here owes their job to Martinelli. | 这里每个人的工作都归功于马蒂内利 |
[32:30] | Yeah. No, I know. I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[32:33] | Well, you can give it to me, | 你可以给我 |
[32:35] | and I’ll get it copied for you. | 我帮你复印 |
[32:36] | Just don’t tell anyone. | 只是不要告诉其他人 |
[32:39] | Oh. Well, that’s very nice. | 噢 那太好了 |
[32:41] | No, but I need like 300 of these, though. | 但我需要三百份 |
[32:43] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[32:46] | Wow. I really appreciate that. | 哇 真的很感谢你 |
[32:47] | And if you want, you can put a sign on my father’s house. | 如果你想的话 可以在我父亲的房子前立个宣传牌 |
[32:50] | We’re on Pier Street. | 我们住在码头街 |
[32:52] | What would, uh, vice man Harry Oxman think, though? | 那副市长哈里·奥克斯曼会怎么想 |
[32:55] | Um, well, he’s my boss, right? | 额 他是我的老板 |
[32:58] | – Yeah. – But I– I vote how I like. | -嗯 -但是我根据自己的意愿投票 |
[33:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:04] | Hey, it’s the American way, right? | 这就是美国人的精神 对吧 |
[33:06] | If you say so, yeah. | 的确是的 |
[33:09] | – I appreciate that. Thank you. – You got it. | -谢谢你了 -没问题 |
[33:12] | – All right. I’ll see you around. – Yeah. | -好的 那回头见 -好的 |
[33:18] | Hey, Ma. | 嘿 妈 |
[33:21] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[33:27] | Feel better? | 感觉好点了吗 |
[33:30] | You ain’t seein’ no better? | 感觉没有好点吗 |
[33:32] | I suppose I need a little more rest. | 我得多休息几天 |
[33:36] | You’ve been in bed four days now. | 你在床上待了四天了 |
[33:38] | How much more rest you gonna give it? | 你还要休息多久 |
[33:41] | I’m calling the doctor, Ma. | 我要去请医生了 妈 |
[33:42] | – Oh, no, Dwayne– – No, Ma, I’m calling. | -不要 德韦恩 -不 妈 必须请医生了 |
[34:00] | – Thanks for the lift. – Yeah, no problem. | -谢谢载我一程 -举手之劳 |
[34:03] | It’s on the way to the Italian-American forum tonight, so… | 今晚那边有意大利裔美国人的讨论会 所以刚好顺路 |
[34:07] | Every night’s some other event, huh? | 每晚都有活动啊 |
[34:09] | – Yeah, well. – It’s crazy. | -是啊 -真是疯狂 |
[34:11] | I know. If you wanna be the mayor, | 我知道 如果要当市长的话 |
[34:12] | you gotta work at it, right? | 就要努力 对吧 |
[34:14] | – Yeah. – And, um… | -是啊 -额 |
[34:17] | well, don’t tell anybody, but I always wanted to be the mayor. | 不要和别人说 我一直都很想当市长 |
[34:20] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[34:22] | It’s true, I swear. | 我发誓是真的 |
[34:25] | I used to talk about it all the time growing up. | 小时候我一直都在讨论这个 |
[34:27] | The other kids used to call me “The mayor.” | 以前其他小孩都叫我“市长” |
[34:29] | – Really? – It wasn’t a compliment. | -真的吗 -那不是赞赏 |
[34:33] | But, you know, I try to take it as one. | 但我把它看成是赞赏 |
[34:35] | – Mm-hmm. – So… | -嗯 -所以 |
[34:37] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[34:38] | All right, I better go in. | 好了 我该进去了 |
[34:40] | – My parents will worry about me. – Yeah, okay. | -我爸妈会担心我的 -嗯 好的 |
[34:43] | – Have a good night, okay? – All right, yeah. It’s just– | -今晚一切顺利 好吗 -好的 只是 |
[34:45] | ‘Night– | 晚安 |
[34:50] | – That was weird. – Was it? | -那真奇怪 -是吗 |
[34:55] | I just– you kinda caught me off guard. | 只是 你让我有点措手不及 |
[34:57] | – Um, I’d better go in now. – Okay. | -额 我该进去了 -好的 |
[35:00] | – We should talk. – Yeah, okay. Monday. | -我们该谈谈 -好的 星期一吧 |
[35:03] | – Okay. – All right, bye. | -好的 -好的 拜 |
[35:05] | – Good night. – Yeah, good night. | -晚安 -嗯 晚安 |
[35:17] | Whoo-hoo-hoo! | 喔呼呼 |
[35:24] | I have long despaired of giving civic lessons in Yonkers, | 我已经厌倦在扬克斯上公民课程了 |
[35:27] | but if a detailed plan for 200 units of public housing | 但如果下个星期四议会还不批准 |
[35:30] | is not approved by the council before next Thursday, | 修建两百个单元的公共住房计划 |
[35:33] | Yonkers will be in contempt of court. | 我将判扬克斯市藐视法庭 |
[35:35] | Fines will commence and be doubled every day thereafter. | 并处以罚款 之后每天加倍 |
[35:38] | – Your Honor? – Mr. Sculnick? | -法官大人 -斯考尼克先生 |
[35:40] | Your Honor, holding the city in contempt | 法官大人 判扬克斯市藐视法庭 |
[35:41] | would serve only to divide the city council further, | 只会让市议会的意见产生更多分裂 |
[35:44] | and the fines would damage the city’s bond rating, | 罚款也会伤害这个城市的债券评级 |
[35:47] | close the door to borrowing, | 使其不能再借贷 |
[35:48] | and cause property values to plummet. | 并造成房产价值下降 |
[35:50] | All of which is of little moment | 这些对那些被剥夺了权利的人来说 |
[35:51] | to those suffering the deprivation of their rights. | 都是无足轻重的 |
[35:53] | Your Honor, you could | 法官大人 |
[35:54] | impose your own integration plan on the city. | 你可以自己在城市里实施种族融合方案 |
[35:56] | Mr. Sculnick, I was not elected to represent Yonkers. | 斯考尼克先生 我不是选来代表扬克斯的 |
[35:59] | Your Honor, the city council is bitterly divided. | 法官大人 市议会内部分裂很严重 |
[36:02] | Threatening to fine the city will only force each side | 罚款只会让两边的人 |
[36:04] | to dig their heels in further. | 更加坚持各自的立场 |
[36:05] | Mr. Sculnick, the City of Yonkers | 斯考尼克先生 |
[36:07] | now faces a choice of compliance | 扬克斯市要么遵守裁决 |
[36:09] | or receivership until a housing plan is approved. | 要么接受破产管理 直到他们批准住房计划 |
[36:12] | – Am I understood? – Yes, Your Honor. | -我说的够清楚了吗 -是的 法官大人 |
[36:15] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[36:17] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[36:22] | Number one or number two? | 数字一还是数字二 |
[36:26] | Neither. I– I just see color. | 两个都不是 我只能看见颜色 |
[36:30] | You don’t see the top line on the chart? | 能看见表格的最上面一排吗 |
[36:32] | I see dark red, | 我只能看见模糊的深红色 |
[36:35] | and it’s mostly round, whatever it is. | 几乎是圆的 不知道是什么东西 |
[36:44] | It’s the diabetes, Miss O’Neal. | 你得了糖尿病 奥尼尔夫人 |
[36:48] | Is it gonna get better? | 会有好转吗 |
[36:53] | Yeah, I know. I think that we could have a nice time together. | 我想我们能相处得很愉快的 |
[36:57] | Get to know each other a little better, you know? | 先深入了解下彼此 |
[36:58] | How does that look, though? | 那像什么话 |
[37:02] | You’re running for mayor, and I work in the office. | 你正竞选市长 而我在办公室工作 |
[37:05] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是啊 -好吧 |
[37:06] | Well, we’ll be careful, you know? | 我们会小心的 |
[37:09] | Nobody will know anything. | 没人会发现我们的 |
[37:10] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[37:12] | I wanna take it slow and see where this goes | 在别人嚼我舌根前 |
[37:15] | before everyone in here is talking about me. | 我想先慢慢来 看看进展如何 |
[37:17] | – I love slow. – Okay, great. | -我喜欢慢慢来 -很好 |
[37:20] | – Okay, all right. I’ll see you later. – Okay, go– | -那就这样吧 待会见 -好的 |
[37:23] | What the fuck? | 有完没完啊 |
[37:30] | Sand’s threatening fines | 桑德判处的罚金 |
[37:32] | that will bankrupt the city in 22 days. | 会使城市在二十二天内破产 |
[37:34] | That is Russian roulette with five bullets in the chamber. | 这可真像是俄罗斯轮盘啊[一种赌博游戏] |
[37:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[37:39] | I got, uh, buttonholed out in the hallway. | 我刚才被堵在走廊上了 |
[37:43] | Angry constituent. | 群情激愤啊 |
[37:45] | 200 units on four possible sites. | 两百个单元分到四个可能规划点 |
[37:48] | It’s not the end of the world, guys. | 我们还没走投无路呢 |
[37:50] | We spread it around. | 我们将住房分散开来 |
[37:51] | No district gets more than one site, | 一个区最多安置一个住宅点 |
[37:53] | no site gets more than 50 or so units. | 一个住宅点不能多于五十个单元 |
[37:56] | I’m thinking maybe we double the number | 我觉得我们可以把 |
[37:58] | of proposed housing sites. | 住宅规划点的数量翻倍 |
[37:59] | Eight sites means less units in any one neighborhood. | 有八个规划点的话 每个社区的单元会更少 |
[38:02] | Less anger from units voters. We spread the pain thinner. | 能让住房选民降低怒火 我们得平息民怨啊 |
[38:04] | Or we dump all of them in Spallone’s district. Either way. | 否则他们都会去斯帕隆的选区了 |
[38:07] | Like I said, | 我说过吧 |
[38:09] | it’s better to be on the inside | 还是关起门来 |
[38:11] | when a deal goes down. | 好办事 |
[38:13] | I’m asking you all to be cosponsors. | 我倡议大家都作为发起人 |
[38:16] | I’m not gonna bother with Spallone on them. | 我不想在这件事上跟斯帕隆纠缠 |
[38:18] | – We know how they stand. – Christ, an election year? | -我们都知道他们的立场 -老天 真是选举年啊 |
[38:21] | Tell me about it. | 可不是吗 |
[38:22] | – Thank you. – Look, I know you guys | -谢谢 -我知道你们 |
[38:24] | would rather do nothing and let the judge pick the sites himself, | 宁可让法官自己挑选规划点 也不肯亲自办事 |
[38:27] | but the judge ain’t buying that. | 但他并不买账 |
[38:29] | – He put it on us. – I can’t be a cosponsor. | -他把难题扔给了我们 -我不想做发起人 |
[38:31] | I just can’t have my name on it. | 我不能在上面签字 |
[38:33] | – Come on, Frank. – Yeah, but you can vote for it, right? | -别这样 弗兰克 -但你会投票赞成 是吧 |
[38:35] | Or Angelo will put three of the eight sites in your district. | 否则安吉洛会把其中三个规划点放在你的选区里 |
[38:38] | Look, I understand complying | 我知道应该遵守法令 |
[38:41] | and that the law is the law, but what about our appeal? | 法律就是法律 但我们的上诉呢 |
[38:43] | We should have never appealed in the first place. | 我们一开始就不该上诉 |
[38:45] | Not a chance in hell they’ll overturn Sand. | 他们不可能一举推翻桑德 |
[38:48] | But we’re still paying the lawyers | 但是我们仍在付律师费 |
[38:49] | to carry it to the second circuit, | 试图拖进第二回合 |
[38:51] | so if you wanna tell the voters | 如果你现在告诉选民 |
[38:52] | you’re fighting it in the courts, you can. | 你还在和法院对抗 一切都来得及 |
[38:55] | Honestly, guys, I think this is | 说实话 我认为 |
[38:57] | the only responsible option we have. | 这是唯一可行的方案 |
[39:00] | You think about it over lunch, and I want a “Yes.” | 午饭后给我答案 我想得到肯定的回复 |
[39:03] | Ha. | 哈 |
[39:07] | After you. | 女士优先 |
[39:10] | – Wanna grab some lunch? – Nick? | -一起吃个饭吧 -尼克 |
[39:14] | How’s it going out there on the hustings? | 竞选活动准备得怎么样了 |
[39:17] | – Tough racket, huh? – Yeah. | -很棘手吧 -是啊 |
[39:19] | I hear you’re out there pounding the pavement, | 我听说你都上街奔走了 |
[39:21] | pressing the flesh. | 还和选民握了手 |
[39:23] | Hey, don’t worry. | 嘿 别担心 |
[39:26] | You’ll hit your stride. | 你表现很出色 |
[39:27] | I’ll see you, Angelo. | 回见 安吉洛 |
[39:33] | Outwardly, he’s calm. | 他看上去很淡定 |
[39:34] | Inside, he’s terrified of me. | 其实他很怕我 |
[39:36] | Absolutely terrified. | 非常害怕 |
[39:37] | Yeah, well, at least if you lose, | 如果你输了 |
[39:40] | you’ll lose to a six-term incumbent. | 不过是输给一个六届连任者 |
[39:41] | – Me? – No. You’ll pull it out, Vin. | -至于我呢 -你会没事的 文 |
[39:44] | You will. | 会好的 |
[39:46] | Well, nice of you to say so. | 你这么说真好 |
[39:50] | Because I don’t think any of these people | 因为我相信他们都没能 |
[39:51] | understand the simple fact that the law doesn’t guarantee | 明白一个简单的事实 法律不能保证 |
[39:54] | that you get to live in a neighborhood that you can’t afford. | 你能住在你付不起的房子里 |
[39:56] | Am I right? | 我说得对吧 |
[39:57] | And last I gotta say that maybe this judge, | 我最后要说的是 这位法官 |
[39:59] | if he likes the people who live in public housing so much, | 如果他那么喜欢住在公共住房里的人 |
[40:01] | then maybe he should have that kind of housing | 那他应该主动把公共住房 |
[40:03] | in his neighborhood where he lives. | 弄到他居住的街区内 |
[40:05] | – See how he likes it. – We’re not prejudiced. | -看看他到底有多喜欢 -我们并不是有偏见 |
[40:07] | We just object to giving housing subsidies in an area | 我们只是反对把住房补助安置在我们社区 |
[40:10] | where people have worked so hard to afford their homes. | 我们都是努力工作着去供房子 |
[40:12] | Sir, you’ve already had your chance to speak. | 先生 你已经发过言了 |
[40:14] | Anyone is welcome to live | 只要供得起 |
[40:15] | in my neighborhood if they have the money. | 我欢迎任何人住在我的社区 |
[40:17] | I’m just saying that this city council– | 我要说的是 市议会 |
[40:19] | …A long list of residents who have signed up to speak. | 还有很多居民要发表意见 |
[40:21] | – We wanna hear what he has to say! – Let me have my say. | -让他说完 -让我说完 |
[40:23] | I’m gonna ask you one more time, sir. | 我再说最后一遍 先生 |
[40:25] | – Please have a seat. – I just wanna say one last thing. | -回到座位上去 -我还有说最后一件事 |
[40:28] | Sir, you are not going to speak again. | 先生 你不能再发言了 |
[40:30] | – One last thing. – Sir, you are done speaking. | -最后一件事 -你不能再说了 |
[40:33] | – You have spoken your case. – Let him speak! | -你已经陈述完毕了 -让他说完 |
[40:46] | – Oh, morning, Hank. – Morning. | -早上好 汉克 -早上好 |
[40:49] | Morning, Anne Marie. You lurking or stalking? | 早上好 安妮·玛丽 你是在伏击我还是跟踪我啊 |
[40:52] | – Did you see the “Times”? – Not yet. | -你看《泰晤士报》了吗 -还没 |
[40:55] | Seems the council finally had the courage | 议会似乎终于拾起勇气 |
[40:57] | to make the right decision. | 做正确决定了 |
[40:59] | Well, eight of them, anyway. | 其中的八个人而已 |
[41:01] | That was the vote, right? Eight to five? | 那是投票结果 八对五 对吗 |
[41:03] | Maybe we’ve turned a corner here. | 也许我们有转机了 |
[41:04] | You think so? | 你这么想 |
[41:06] | – We’re talking about Yonkers. – True. | -我们讨论的可是扬克斯 -当然了 |
[41:11] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[41:23] | So, uh, I was thinking maybe we’d go over to Mannion’s. | 我想我们可以去曼尼恩餐厅吃饭 |
[41:27] | – Mannion’s? – Yeah, get a couple steaks. | -曼尼恩 -是的 吃个情侣牛排 |
[41:29] | Yeah, so we can see everyone we work with. | 对啊 还能遇到我们所有同事 |
[41:31] | – Oh, come on, they got the best steaks in town. – No. No. | -别这样 那可是城里最好吃的牛排 -不 不行 |
[41:34] | Everybody goes there ’cause it’s a great restaurant. | 每个人都去那就是因为那个餐厅很棒 |
[41:36] | – I don’t care. – What are we gonna do, go to a drive-thru | -我不管 -不然怎么办 |
[41:38] | – where nobody’ll see us? – Look at that. | -去个没人看见我们的地方 -快看 |
[41:44] | They’re making their own signs. Look. | 那是他们自己做的宣传牌 |
[41:48] | Nay, they’re making their own goddamn signs. | 是啊 他们自己做的宣传牌 |
[41:58] | Holy shit. | 天哪 |
[42:08] | – This is Angelo’s district. – Yeah. | -这可是安吉洛的选区啊 -是的 |
[42:12] | Look, the housing case is killing him | 看来住房事件已经置他于死地了 |
[42:14] | in his own fucking district. | 这可是他自己的选区啊 |
[42:17] | – Look at this. – It’s all you. | -看啊 -都成你的支持者了 |
[42:22] | Nick… | 尼克 |
[42:24] | My God. | 我的天呐 |
[42:26] | With the groceries and the bus fare | 算上杂货店和公交的费用 |
[42:27] | and money for the Laundromat, | 还有洗衣服的花销 |
[42:29] | I spend $30 less a month than I make for you, Paul. | 每个月我少用三十块 保罗 |
[42:33] | That’s $30 left to get me through a month with three kids. | 这三十块是我和三个孩子一个月的生活费里的 |
[42:35] | I work my ass off for you, Paul. | 我给你拼命工作 保罗 |
[42:38] | And at the end of the month, | 到了月末 |
[42:39] | I have enough to take my kids to a movie | 我才有钱带孩子们去看场电影 |
[42:41] | or maybe put a winter coat on layaway. | 或者预付一件冬衣 |
[42:44] | That’s it. | 钱就花完了 |
[42:47] | So what do you say? | 你有什么意见 |
[42:54] | – Everywhere on the East Side, right? – I saw. | -东区每个地方都支持我了 对吧 -我亲眼看见了 |
[42:56] | I drove around after you called. I saw. | 你打电话给我后 我开车去看了 |
[42:58] | – Hi. – I don’t understand. | -嗨 -我不能理解 |
[42:59] | Why should they vote for me over Angelo? | 他们怎么支持我 而不支持安吉洛 |
[43:01] | – I mean, I haven’t done– – Because you’re not Angelo. | -我什么都没做 -因为你不是安吉洛 |
[43:03] | Yeah, but I voted the same way as Angelo on almost everything, | 但是我们几乎在每件事上都立场一致啊 |
[43:06] | including the school deseg and the housing. | 无论是废除学校种族隔离 还是住房议案 |
[43:09] | I mean, I was cosponsor on his plan | 天呐 我可是和他共同提案 |
[43:11] | to give in to the judge, for Christ’s sake. | 一起同意了法官的决议啊 |
[43:12] | But that one’s understandable, | 但那是无可厚非的 |
[43:14] | given the threat of the city being fined. | 鉴于法官威胁要开罚金 |
[43:15] | You were responsible. | 你这么做是有责任感的表现 |
[43:17] | The only thing that separates me from him on the housing | 我和安吉洛在住房议案中唯一的不同点就是 |
[43:20] | is the vote to appeal last year. | 去年我投票选择了上诉 |
[43:22] | I voted to appeal the judge’s decision and he did not. | 我投票对法官的判决提起上诉 而他没有 |
[43:24] | And we hit that hard. | 而且我们很有胜算了 |
[43:25] | Every day from now until the polls open, | 从现在开始到开票那天 |
[43:27] | we hit them with the appeal vote. | 我们都将以上诉一事遥遥领先 |
[43:30] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[43:31] | Jim, why don’t you order something? | 吉姆 你怎么不点一点东西 |
[43:32] | No, no. It’s okay. | 不 不用 没关系 |
[43:35] | We’re on a date. It’s a date. | 我们正约会呢 我们在约会 |
[43:37] | No, we’re– we’re not on a date. | 不 我们并没有在约会 |
[43:39] | – Well, whatever it is, you two enjoy yourselves. – Thank you. | -无论怎样 祝你们过得愉快 -谢谢 |
[43:42] | – Have a great night. – Thank you. | -希望你们有个美妙的夜晚 -谢谢 |
[43:43] | – A date? – I mean, come on. | -约会 -别这样 |
[43:45] | Come on, what? | 别怎样啊 |
[43:47] | DR? You remember DR? | DR 你还记得DR吗 |
[43:50] | I remember it was cheaper, safer. | 我记得那儿更便宜 还更安全 |
[43:53] | It’s like a prison here for them. | 这里对他们来说就像个监狱 |
[43:55] | You’re gonna move to DR? | 你要搬去DR |
[43:57] | – I was happy there. – Poor, too. | -我在那儿过得很快乐 -那时你也很穷 |
[43:59] | And here I am parking my Mercedes | 而现在我的梅赛德斯 |
[44:01] | in front of Building Eight. | 却停在八号楼面前 |
[44:04] | To be poor in DR was no crime. | 在DR贫穷又不是罪过 |
[44:07] | But here… | 但在这里 |
[44:09] | Fuck, DR… | 该死的 DR |
[44:13] | See, I was the one who voted to appeal last year | 听着 我就是去年那个投票上诉的人 |
[44:15] | to give Yonkers its full day in court. | 好给扬克斯争取到更多时间 |
[44:17] | My opponent did not. | 而我的竞争对手并没有 |
[44:19] | He was satisfied with the judge’s decision | 在废除居住种族隔离一案中 |
[44:21] | on the housing desegregation case. | 他对法官的裁决表示很满意 |
[44:22] | I was not. | 然而我并没有 |
[44:23] | Vote Wasicsko. All right? | 请投给沃西斯科 好吗 |
[44:25] | It’s time for a new future. | 是时候选择一个新的未来了 |
[44:27] | – Oh, I’ve heard about you. – Okay? No more two years. | -嘿 我听人提到过你 -不用再等两年了 |
[44:28] | – Not another two years. Vote Wasicsko. – Good luck. | -不用再等两年了 投沃西斯科 -祝你好运 |
[44:30] | Thank you. Here you go. | 谢谢你 给你 |
[44:32] | Vote for Wasicsko. Vote for Yonkers’ future, all right? | 为沃西斯科投票 为扬克斯的未来投票 |
[44:35] | – Okay, thanks. – Thank you. Thank you very much. | -好的 谢谢 -谢谢你 非常感谢 |
[44:37] | – Good for you. – Go get him, kid. | -干得好 -拿下他 小伙子 |
[44:39] | – Thank you, sir. Thank you. – Angelo’s dead to me now. | -谢谢你 先生 谢谢你 -对我来说 安吉洛已经玩完了 |
[44:41] | Oh, well, all right. Well, he’s not dead yet, so… | 噢 是的 但他还没完呢 所以 |
[44:43] | – Oh, thank you. – …vote for Wasicsko, okay? | -谢谢你 -投沃西斯科吧 |
[44:45] | Martinelli’s been mayor a long time. | 马蒂内利当了太久的市长了 |
[44:47] | Too long, in fact, all right? | 真的太久了 |
[44:49] | He’s no longer listening to the voters, | 他不再听从选民的意见 |
[44:51] | because what I’m hearing– | 正因如此 我愿意聆听 |
[44:52] | what he should be hearing– | 扬克斯的市民们 |
[44:54] | is that the people of Yonkers | 希望上诉住房裁定的请求 |
[44:55] | want the housing decision appealed. | 这也是他应该听取的 |
[44:57] | You’ll go to the Supreme Court. | 你会走向最高法院的 |
[44:59] | That Jew judge ain’t gonna build that garbage nohow. | 那个犹太法官绝不能建造那种垃圾地方 |
[45:03] | – Okay, look, I don’t– – Not where I live. | -听着 我并不认为 -不能在我住的地方建 |
[45:04] | I hear ya. I just don’t think that we should– | 我听见了 我觉得我们不应该 |
[45:06] | Tell that judge to go shove it! | 让那法官滚一边儿去 |
[45:09] | It kinda brings out the ugly in people. | 这好像把人们心中的恶意引发了出来 |
[45:11] | – So, you’re the fella taking on Martinelli. – That’s me. | -你就是那个准备接替马蒂内利的小伙子 -是的 正是我 |
[45:12] | – How do you do? – I’m doing very well. | -进行的怎样 -非常好 |
[45:14] | I’ll do better if you vote for Wasicsko | 如果你投票给沃西斯科 我会做的更好 |
[45:16] | – come election night, all right? – All right. You bet. | -选举之夜一定要来 好吗 -当然 肯定的 |
[45:17] | I think the people of Yonkers should have their say. | 我认为扬克斯的市民应该行使他们发言的权利 |
[45:20] | And if the people wanna have their say, | 如果群众想要行使发言权 |
[45:22] | they’re gonna be voting for Nick Wasicsko next Tuesday. | 就应该在下周二为沃西斯科投上选票 |
[45:25] | My opponent has been in office a long time… | 我的对手在办公室里待得太久了 |
[45:30] | A lamb into a lion. | 羊入虎口 |
[45:33] | Yeah. I should’ve made McGovern run. | 我应该让麦戈文上台的 |
[45:35] | Let the kid have the council seat. | 让那小屁孩儿来当议员 |
[45:38] | Ah, it’s the housing, not him. | 我说的是住房 不是他 |
[45:41] | Tell me about it. | 可不是吗 |
[45:43] | Fucking judge fucked you good, Ange. | 这该死的法官把你整惨了 安吉洛 |
[45:46] | You should’ve voted for the appeal. | 你应该投票上诉的 |
[45:48] | Waste of money. That appeal goes nowhere. You’ll see. | 浪费钱 上诉根本没用 你会明白的 |
[45:51] | But, yeah, should’ve voted for the goddamn thing. | 但没错 还是应该投票上诉的 |
[45:54] | No fucking kidding. | 真不是开玩笑 |
[45:56] | I’ll call you back. | 我回头给你打电话 |
[46:05] | I can’t fit more in that one. | 箱子装不下了 |
[46:07] | – What’s left? – My sweaters and books. | -还剩什么没装 -我的毛衣和书 |
[46:17] | It’s warm there, right? | 那里很暖和 对吧 |
[46:19] | But if we need them, your cousins will be staying here. | 你的表兄弟们会继续住在这儿 如果我们需要它们 |
[46:21] | They can send what we need. | 他们会帮我们寄过来 |
[46:22] | And I will buy you more books when we get there. | 到了那儿后 我会给你买更多的书 |
[46:24] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[46:32] | Felipe, we have to leave. | 费利佩 我们得走了 |
[46:34] | Roberto. | 罗伯托 |
[46:43] | Don’t worry. I’ll take care of everything. | 别担心 我会照顾好一切 |
[46:45] | – Gracias. – De nada. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[47:18] | Longo beats Vinni. | 隆戈打败了文尼 |
[47:19] | But I figured that. She had no shot. | 但我早就知道了 她没机会 |
[47:21] | But I can’t believe Frank McGovern | 但是我简直不敢相信弗兰克·麦戈文 |
[47:23] | going down to Chema by almost two to one. | 被切马超了几乎整整一倍 |
[47:25] | Fagan’s coming back. Spallone won, Charlie Cola. | 费根回来了 斯帕隆赢了 查理·科拉 |
[47:28] | Christ, except for Oxman, | 天啊 除了奥克斯曼 |
[47:29] | everyone who was even moderate on the housing got knocked off. | 每个甚至对住房事件持温和态度的人都被踢出局了 |
[47:32] | I mean, shit, even if I get in, | 卧槽 即使我入选了 |
[47:34] | I’m not gonna have the votes. | 我也不会有选票 |
[47:36] | Nick Longo’s gonna have four votes | 尼克·隆戈会有四张选票 |
[47:38] | and the council in his pocket. | 市议会全是他的人 |
[47:43] | These numbers? Is that mostly East Side? | 这些数字 都是来自东区的吗 |
[47:46] | Because if it’s East Side, I’m gonna– I’m gonna drop this guy. | 因为如果真的是来自东区 那我就 我就赢定他了 |
[47:50] | Yeah. Surdoval’s on the line. | 恩 索达沃找你 |
[47:53] | – Hey, Jim, what do ya got? – East Side’s coming in. Hold a sec. | -嘿 吉姆 你有什么消息 -东区的消息 等等 |
[47:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[47:58] | They’re saying he’s losing the 11th. | 他们说他丢了第十一区 |
[48:01] | If Martinelli can’t win his home ward, it’s over. | 马蒂内利如果无法得到他老本营的支持 那选举就结束了 |
[48:04] | I’m looking at new numbers on TV. | 我在电视上盯着呢 |
[48:08] | The AP called it. | 票数公布了 |
[48:09] | Christ. I win by 1,500 votes. | 天哪 我以1500票的差距获胜了 |
[48:23] | I’m the fuckin’ mayor! | 我他妈的当市长了 |
[48:28] | I’m so proud of you! | 真为你感到骄傲 |
[48:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[48:32] | Gonna start calling you the | 现在得叫你“奇迹候选人”了 |
[48:33] | “Miracle candidate” For beating these odds. | 因为你出乎意料地成功了 |
[48:35] | – Well– – He did the same thing two years ago. | 他两年前也是这样 |
[48:37] | Nobody thought he’d win. | 没人觉得他会赢 |
[48:39] | But did you really believe you’d knock off Martinelli? | 但是你真的相信你会打败马蒂内利吗 |
[48:41] | Well, I never thought I’d lose. | 我从未想过我会输 |
[48:43] | Hey, Martinelli’s here. | 嘿 马蒂内利来了 |
[48:49] | Uh, excuse me for one second. | 抱歉失陪了 |
[49:01] | – Congratulations, Nick. – Thank you, Angelo. | -恭喜你 尼克 -谢谢你 安吉洛 |
[49:04] | You know, the voters have lifted a tremendous burden | 你要知道 选民们从我肩上卸下千斤重担 |
[49:06] | off of my shoulders and placed it on yours. | 然后把它移交给了你 |
[49:09] | Well, I think these shoulders will be able to handle it. | 我想我的肩膀有能力扛下来 |
[49:11] | – Well, good luck to you, Nick. – Thank you, Angelo. | -祝你成功 尼克 -谢谢你 安吉洛 |
[49:14] | – I’m happy for you. – Mr. Mayor? | -我为你感到高兴 -市长先生 |
[49:15] | Yes, Martha, one second. | 恩 玛莎 给我一分钟 |
[49:17] | – If you need anything, let me know. – Thank you. | -如果你需要什么 直接告诉我 -谢谢 |
[49:19] | So I guess the voters decided not to get mad. | 所以我猜测选民们选择不要生气 选了一个新市长 |
[49:21] | No, no, no. You know, I think that, uh… | 不不不 我觉得 |
[49:24] | they were disappointed in the last administration | 他们对上一届政府感到失望 |
[49:26] | and they saw in me someone that has the ability | 现在他们找到了一个 |
[49:28] | to change the direction of the city. | 有能力改变这座城市未来的人 |
[49:31] | Are you surprised at the margin of votes for you? | 你对那些超出的票数感到惊喜吗 |
[49:33] | You literally continued to pull away. | 你一直没说其中的原因 |
[49:35] | Well, you know, I talked | 额 在这次竞选中 |
[49:36] | to thousands of people during this campaign, | 我和上千名群众谈过话 |
[49:37] | and they told me they wanted a change, | 他们告诉我 他们想要改变 |
[49:39] | and I guess they voted the way they spoke. | 所以我猜他们只是按自己的意愿投票 |
[49:41] | – So– – Excuse me. | -所以 -抱歉失陪了 |
[49:43] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[49:44] | No, it was the housing issue, not the candidate. | 不 是住房问题 不是候选人 |
[49:57] | First time getting kissed by a mayor. | 第一次有市长亲我 |
[49:59] | Is it really? You mean Angelo never slipped you one? | 真的吗 你是说安吉洛从来没亲过你 |
[50:09] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[50:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[50:17] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[50:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[50:21] | Thank you, really. I am truly honored. | 真的非常感谢 我真的很荣幸 |
[50:31] | Wait, wha– what do you mean by “Major”? | 等下 你说”主要”是什么意思 |
[50:33] | Major cities, cities that matter. | 主要城市 重要的城市 |
[50:35] | Yonkers matters? | 扬克斯很重要吗 |
[50:36] | Cities of 150,000 population or more. | 这里有超过十五万人 |
[50:38] | You are definitely the youngest mayor in America. | 你肯定是美国史上最年轻的市长 |
[50:41] | Which means you’re officially a rising star | 那意味着你正式成为了民主党里 |
[50:44] | in the Democratic Party. | 一颗冉冉升起的明星 |
[50:45] | Nice of Martinelli | 马蒂内利真好啊 |
[50:47] | letting you work out of the office before inauguration. | 让你在就职前就来办公室工作 |
[50:50] | A good man– Angelo. Hell of a guy. | 他是好人啊 大好人安吉洛 |
[50:59] | Where the hell is Cheryl? | 谢丽尔到哪儿去了 |
[51:01] | We can’t just leave the phones. | 不能就让电话一直响啊 |
[51:05] | Mayor’s office. | 市长办公室 |
[51:06] | …big plans. | 大计划 |
[51:09] | – The lawyers on line one. – The lawyers? | -律师在一号线 -律师 |
[51:11] | The lawyers. | 律师 |
[51:19] | Nick here. Nick Wasicsko. | 我是尼克 尼克·沃西斯科 |
[51:20] | The mayor. Mayor-elect. | 市长 民选市长 |
[51:23] | Right. Yeah, hi, Mike. | 是的 你好 迈克 |
[51:28] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[51:32] | No grounds at all? | 一点把握也没有 |
[51:37] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[51:41] | Right. Okay, well, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[51:45] | All right. Bye-bye. | 恩 再见 |
[51:53] | They denied that housing appeal. | 他们驳回了住房一事的上诉 |
[51:57] | Sided with Sand on every count. | 他们完全站在了桑德那边 |
[52:08] | I voted for the appeal and I lost. | 我投票上诉 但是我输了 |
[52:13] | Nothing I can do about that, right? | 我也无能为力 不是么 |
[52:16] | Yeah, they can’t blame you. | 是啊 他们不能指责你 |
[52:21] | Right? | 对吧 |
[52:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |